View Full Version : US Open 2022

The Wengerbabies
26-08-2022, 05:42 AM
Djokovic has been shafted again.

Sad for tennis.

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2022, 07:03 AM
Not really.

He is perfectly entitled to make his own decisions regarding vaccination but just as he is entitled to those decisions, countries are allowed to set their own entry requirements.

Letters
26-08-2022, 10:52 AM
countries are allowed to set their own entry requirements.
I guess they are. It does seem bloody ludicrous though.

Mac76
26-08-2022, 02:02 PM
I guess they are. It does seem bloody ludicrous though.

No it doesn't, he needs to grow up that's all

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2022, 06:43 PM
He'll have to suck it up until Roland Garros.

Dr.Gonzo
27-08-2022, 12:41 PM
Absolute lunacy. The piece of shite vaccine does Fuck all for transmission. There is no justification for this rule. Pathetic and absurd.

Mac76
27-08-2022, 01:46 PM
It all helps Rafa win yet another slam and drive Joke-avich and the Smug Swiss further into the dust

GP
27-08-2022, 02:04 PM
Djokovic is a dumb punk bitch.

Xhaka Can’t
27-08-2022, 02:43 PM
The strains out now are clearly less dangerous.

Continuing with legacy controls for a completely different environment is impractical and only makes it more difficult to make people take commensurate precautions when they genuinely are required.

HCZ_Reborn
27-08-2022, 04:03 PM
Djokovic is being a little bitch over this

But that’s his prerogative, I don’t think the ruling is necessary but he knows what the rules are and if he wants to fuck up what is left of his career that’s his choice.

US Open not a happy hunting ground for him anyway

Dr.Gonzo
27-08-2022, 04:03 PM
It all helps Rafa win yet another slam and drive Joke-avich and the Smug Swiss further into the dust

This Makes sense because it’s really not about the “science” at this point. Rafa is currently held together with tape and needs to be cryogenically frozen each year until the French open comes around so he can win that and then he’s put back into the chamber until next years tournament. This move gives him a glimmer of hope.

Dr.Gonzo
27-08-2022, 04:08 PM

But that’s his prerogative, I don’t think the ruling is necessary but he knows what the rules are and if he wants to fuck up what is left of his career that’s his choice.

A bitch for not taking a shoddy, fast tracked vaccine that does nothing with respects to transmission. We are talking about An athlete who is in incredible shape who has had Covid 2x and it was nothing to him. The last 2.5 years has ruined people psychologically and your comment is the perfect example of such. Pathetic really. Which booster ends the pandemic HCZ…is it the 5th, 6th, 7th? I think it’s time to sing a new tune.

The Wengerbabies
28-08-2022, 05:00 AM
Not really.

He is perfectly entitled to make his own decisions regarding vaccination but just as he is entitled to those decisions, countries are allowed to set their own entry requirements.

You're an idiot.

No it doesn't, he needs to grow up that's all

See above

He'll have to suck it up until Roland Garros.

Australia no longer requires the vax

Absolute lunacy. The piece of shite vaccine does Fuck all for transmission. There is no justification for this rule. Pathetic and absurd.

Trust the doctors folks, this guy is correct.

You're an idiot.

Marc Overmars
31-08-2022, 05:46 AM
Raducanu out in the first round.

She’s a bit shit isn’t she?

Letters
31-08-2022, 07:43 AM
Raducanu out in the first round.

She’s a bit shit isn’t she?

It does seem that way. The Chumbawumba of tennis. #onehitwonder

McNamara That Ghost...
31-08-2022, 10:37 PM
You're an idiot.

See above

Australia no longer requires the vax

Trust the doctors folks, this guy is correct.

You're an idiot.

The ban from Australia still applies. That might change but right now, it isn't the case.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-09-2022, 09:11 PM
Tiafoe leads Nadal 2-1, in sets!

McNamara That Ghost...
05-09-2022, 09:58 PM
Tiafoe breaks in the fourth!

McNamara That Ghost...
05-09-2022, 10:06 PM
What a return winner. :bow:

Tiafoe with three match points.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-09-2022, 10:07 PM
Tiafoe takes Nadal out 6-4 4-6 6-4 6-3! :bow:

The Wengerbabies
29-09-2022, 07:13 PM
The ban from Australia still applies. That might change but right now, it isn't the case.

Ah yes had forgotten he's banned from Australia for 3 years on account of being deported.

Mac76
30-09-2022, 08:14 AM
Ah yes had forgotten he's banned from Australia for 3 years on account of being deported.

...for not obeying their rules

The Wengerbabies
15-11-2022, 11:25 AM
Tennis star Novak Djokovic WILL play in the Australian Open next year despite being banned for three years after he was deported over his Covid vax status

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-11429043/Novak-Djokovic-Australian-Open-Tennis-champion-gets-visa-play-Covid-vaccine-deportation.html#comments

Common sense prevails?

Absolute disgrace the way he was treated.

I was never the biggest Djokovic fan but he has my absolute respect for never backing down over this apartheid. The GOAT?

Letters
16-11-2022, 09:34 AM
apartheid
Oh do fuck off.