PDA

View Full Version : Fulham reaction and player ratings

mandela8
27-08-2022, 06:42 PM
Absolutely dreadful stuff. Arteta exposed again for his non existent game management ability. But those are the wins that arsenal weren't getting the last few years.

Ramsdale - 7. made a few saves which he's expected to make but looked more assured overall.

Tierney - 6. Very little impact. Had zero options on the ball a lot of the time though.

Gabriel - 3. Terrible. He took far too long on the ball a number of times and was obviously punished once. Terrible stuff that a goal can't mask.

Sailba - 6.5. pretty good. Done nothing wrong.

White - 5. He offers absolutely nothing going forward. In fact, he's pretty detrimental to the attack and doesn't offer anywhere near enough defensively to justify his continued selection at RB.

Xhaka - 4. So e may be fooled by him being moved out of harms way a little but just doesn't have the ability to contribute in a consistent way in his new position. Games like Fulham at home expose him (and Arteta) on this.

Elnonentity - 4. Quite incredible someone can make millions of pounds per year for just passing the ball literal feet to the closest teammate to them. Utterly pointless.

Odegaard - 8.5. only player with any drive and intent. A real shame his primary options are the hopeless Saka and inconsistent Martinelli.

Saka - 3.5. I thought he was a lot more involved, in the first half, than he has been. Shame his output is incredibly consistent. Pure shit.

Jesus - 5. Seems to be getting a little big for his boots already. Done very little.

Martinelli - 3. Utter garbage and his deliveries were appalling.

Nketiah - 7. Real spark when he came in. Really should've done better with a couple of chance but really added something to the team.

Arteta 1/10. Actually impressive how little he can impact a game after it has started. Clueless. The game was screaming out for more creativity yet Viera and ESR sat on the bench whilst Xhaka, Elnonentity, Martinelli and Saka don't absolutely nothing all game.

Letters
27-08-2022, 06:44 PM
:o

Someone got a worse rating than Saka?

HCZ_Reborn
27-08-2022, 07:06 PM
Ramsdale 7 - Probably his best game this season in that he wasn’t causing anyone a heart attack with his rushes of blood to the head. Good save from Mitrovic

White 6 - A waste being played at right back but made a crucial block from Reid

Saliba 6 - Quiet by his standards

Gabriel 3 - Hoof it out you muppet. Still though made up for his error

Tierney 5 - Anonymous, though in fairness this is his first competitive game in four and a half months

Elneny 4 - Who

Xhaka 5 - Did ok on the couple of times he got forward but that was few and far between

Odegaard 8 - Not the guy’s biggest fan but hard to see anyone else contributing as much as he did to our attack

Saka 6.5 - Good link up play with Odegaard, should have scored in first half but was too interested in getting the ball on the right foot. Good driving run and square ball for Odegaard for equaliser

Martinelli 5 Diminished as a player without Zinchenko behind him, too often crossed early when it’s pointless given we have no height in there

Gabriel Jesus 7 Lots of graft and making himself available for chances but finishing a bit iffy

Subs

Nketiah 7 - Much the same as Jesus lots of attacking impetus just not so great with the finishing

Holding, Tomoyasu - Who gives a fuck

HCZ_Reborn
27-08-2022, 07:18 PM
Maybe shouldn’t be so harsh on Gabriel Magahat. Most of us wouldn’t be playing full stop if we were doing a course of chemotherapy

Chippy
27-08-2022, 07:45 PM
:o

Someone got a worse rating than Saka?

Saka is Dele Alli in disguise.
Should have taken the 50m offer from Liverpool in the summer.

Marc Overmars
27-08-2022, 08:06 PM
Missed the game but had a feeling it would be tricky today.

Just very happy that we won a game after going behind. Last season we only gained 4 points after conceding first so at least we’re on the way to improving on that.

Should beat Villa midweek but then United is obviously going to be the early acid test. On we go.

Mac76
27-08-2022, 09:22 PM
Not great but we did enough - Fulham were very attritional and hard to break down, plus the ref was pretty awful but we weathered the storm and did well to grind out the win - last year that would have been 1-1 at best

Saka's worst game this season, his inability to play the early pass or shoot really is starting to grate and the coaches need to get a grip on that. Also most of Martinelli's set piece deliveries were awful.

Xhaka was literally reduced to trying to tackle while having his body half-turned in preparation for having to 'run' after the ball after he was inevitably beaten, embarrassing really - he also crossed into the Fulham box when we had no players there, didn't put his head up at all, cracks really beginning to show there

Elneny was fine, some people still think he's supposed to be Messi or something, it's bizarre

We need to get past Villa, which we should, and then Moan U is a very big test which worries me

Ram - 7
White - 7
Tierney - 6
Gabriel - 6
Saliba(!) - 7.5
Xhaka - 3
Elneny - 6
Saka - 4
Odegaard - 8
Martinelli - 5
Jesus - 7.5

Subs:
Eddie 7.5
Tomi - 7.5
Holding - 7.5

21_GOONER_SALUTE
27-08-2022, 09:34 PM
Absolutely dreadful stuff. Arteta exposed again for his non existent game management ability. But those are the wins that arsenal weren't getting the last few years.

Ramsdale - 7. made a few saves which he's expected to make but looked more assured overall.

Tierney - 6. Very little impact. Had zero options on the ball a lot of the time though.

Gabriel - 3. Terrible. He took far too long on the ball a number of times and was obviously punished once. Terrible stuff that a goal can't mask.

White - 5. He offers absolutely nothing going forward. In fact, he's pretty detrimental to the attack and doesn't offer anywhere near enough defensively to justify his continued selection at RB.

Xhaka - 4. So e may be fooled by him being moved out of harms way a little but just doesn't have the ability to contribute in a consistent way in his new position. Games like Fulham at home expose him (and Arteta) on this.

Elnonentity - 4. Quite incredible someone can make millions of pounds per year for just passing the ball literal feet to the closest teammate to them. Utterly pointless.

Odegaard - 8.5. only player with any drive and intent. A real shame his primary options are the hopeless Saka and inconsistent Martinelli.

Saka - 3.5. I thought he was a lot more involved, in the first half, than he has been. Shame his output is incredibly consistent. Pure shit.

Jesus - 5. Seems to be getting a little big for his boots already. Done very little.

Nketiah - 7. Real spark when he came in. Really should've done better with a couple of chance but really added something to the team.

Arteta 1/10. Actually impressive how little he can impact a game after it has started. Clueless. The game was screaming out for more creativity yet Viera and ESR sat on the bench whilst Xhaka, Elnonentity, Martinelli and Saka don't absolutely nothing all game.

Happy about the win and the resolve shown but if Fulham had scored a bit later (after the 75th minute) we would have lost the game.

I 100% agree with you that Arteta needs to balls up and should have made changes and taken the game to Fulham much earlier. I repeat, we were lucky that Fulham scored when and how they did or this would have ended a boring nil draw.

Your player ratings are pretty accurate today, even the Saka rating for the first time ever :lol:

21_GOONER_SALUTE
27-08-2022, 09:34 PM

GP
27-08-2022, 09:47 PM

I disagree

mandela8
27-08-2022, 09:52 PM
even the Saka rating for the first time ever :lol:
Maybe I've been too generous in previous weeks, tbf.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2022, 11:18 PM
Didn't watch it. Sounds like I'm the only one who enjoyed it.

Chippy
28-08-2022, 07:52 PM

The thing that worries me is that our defence continues to look vulnerable. They should have made it 2-2 at the end. Thankfully, Ramsdale saved us.

mandela8
28-08-2022, 09:49 PM
The thing that worries me is that our defence continues to look vulnerable. They should have made it 2-2 at the end. Thankfully, Ramsdale saved us.

Agreed.

The team definitely looks like the intent is to outscore the opposition...problem being there's no real goal threat in the team other than, potentially, Jesus.

A scoring threat from either side of the front 3 is an absolute must, before the window closes, and will make or break the team, I reckon.

HCZ_Reborn
29-08-2022, 07:50 AM
It’s abundantly clear Martinelli’s effectiveness was enhanced by having Zinchenko beside him (which then seems to me that if we were going to spend thirty million pound on a position we didn’t need to sign a player in, the obvious solution was to sell Tierney first). Tierney behind him he stopped trying to beat his fullback and sent in early crosses when none of our players are anywhere near 6ft. And Tierney himself seems to enjoy being injured so he can be looked after by his boyfriend who works as a chef for the club.
The same works in other areas of the pitch you’re only as good as the people behind you. For me Odegaard was anonymous for huge chunks of last season because he wasn’t getting the ball in a timely fashion. With Elneny playing on Saturday, he actually realised he had to take the initiative himself but the attacks were few and far between compared to the last two games because Elneny is a safety first player who cannot make forward passes, and operates too deep.
Xhaka’s box to box position won’t work against any team that has a midfield that knows how to press on the ball so that’s completely useless to us as well.
As I said at the start of the summer I say now, it is criminally negligent to go into the season with the central midfield that we have now. And if that’s not addressed as a priority above any other consideration it only solidifies my conclusion that we won’t get top four and that Arteta has to go

selassie
30-08-2022, 12:42 PM

Aye, we are starting to look quite shaky at the back. I didn't really enjoy the game on Saturday...I felt even though we were the better side we made real hard work of it going forward and looked suspect at the back. I suspect the Villa game will be similar on Wednesday, then it's up to Old Trafford for our routine loss.

selassie
30-08-2022, 12:47 PM
It’s abundantly clear Martinelli’s effectiveness was enhanced by having Zinchenko beside him (which then seems to me that if we were going to spend thirty million pound on a position we didn’t need to sign a player in, the obvious solution was to sell Tierney first). Tierney behind him he stopped trying to beat his fullback and sent in early crosses when none of our players are anywhere near 6ft. And Tierney himself seems to enjoy being injured so he can be looked after by his boyfriend who works as a chef for the club.
The same works in other areas of the pitch you’re only as good as the people behind you. For me Odegaard was anonymous for huge chunks of last season because he wasn’t getting the ball in a timely fashion. With Elneny playing on Saturday, he actually realised he had to take the initiative himself but the attacks were few and far between compared to the last two games because Elneny is a safety first player who cannot make forward passes, and operates too deep.
Xhaka’s box to box position won’t work against any team that has a midfield that knows how to press on the ball so that’s completely useless to us as well.
As I said at the start of the summer I say now, it is criminally negligent to go into the season with the central midfield that we have now. And if that’s not addressed as a priority above any other consideration it only solidifies my conclusion that we won’t get top four and that Arteta has to go

Been reading today that Partey's injury will keep him out the next few weeks. Apparently Elneny picked up a hamstring injury at the weekend too so we are now 2 men down in Central Midfield. If anything this is a blessing in disguise. Arteta and Co need to FIX central midfield now, no more ignoring it and spending on luxuries. We need players now who can start and contribute in central midfield. Pay whatever it takes.

mandela8
30-08-2022, 01:08 PM
Been reading today that Partey's injury will keep him out the next few weeks. Apparently Elneny picked up a hamstring injury at the weekend too so we are now 2 men down in Central Midfield. If anything this is a blessing in disguise. Arteta and Co need to FIX central midfield now, no more ignoring it and spending on luxuries. We need players now who can start and contribute in central midfield. Pay whatever it takes.

That's a disaster if true about Partey, man. Elnonentity also being injured would soften the blow though, somewhat.

Hopefully force Arteta into playing Lokonga. That's what Arteta needs, a removal of all options as he invariably chooses the wrong one.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2022, 04:09 PM
It’s abundantly clear Martinelli’s effectiveness was enhanced by having Zinchenko beside him...

Apart form the self evident fact there's no such thing as Martinelli's effectiveness (at least not on the handful of occasions I've watched over the last couple of years), you can take this prediction to the bank. The progressive play you have noticed in Zinchenko will be trained out of him by the end of this season. Make a note, call me when it happens.

But true, watching the two City lads play is the only enjoyable aspect of an Arsenal performance. Rather like when Auba arrived, or indeed Tierney. Enjoy it because it will be short lived.

mandela8
30-08-2022, 04:20 PM
Apart form the self evident fact there's no such thing as Martinelli's effectiveness (at least not on the handful of occasions I've watched over the last couple of years), you can take this prediction to the bank. The progressive play you have noticed in Zinchenko will be trained out of him by the end of this season. Make a note, call me when it happens.

But true, watching the two City lads play is the only enjoyable aspect of an Arsenal performance. Rather like when Auba arrived, or indeed Tierney. Enjoy it because it will be short lived.

Cheer up, mate.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2022, 04:21 PM
Cheer up, mate.

I'll laugh like a delirious fool if I am proved wrong. Okay?

HCZ_Reborn
30-08-2022, 04:27 PM
I'll laugh like a delirious fool if I am proved wrong. Okay?

No you won’t, you’ll come up with an essay sized explanation that almost no one will bother reading about how you were actually right and how all those who pointed out you were demonstrably wrong have interpreted what you said incorrectly even though your diatribe will be to your mind crystal clear as to what you actually meant to say.

Then you’ll retreat into the abyss again

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2022, 04:32 PM
No you won’t, you’ll come up with an essay sized explanation that almost no one will bother reading about how you were actually right and how all those who pointed out you were demonstrably wrong have interpreted what you said incorrectly even though your diatribe will be to your mind crystal clear as to what you actually meant to say.

Well then you can direct me back here, can't you? Though maybe we'll have signed another game changer by then.

Mac76
30-08-2022, 04:43 PM

:gp:

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2022, 05:05 PM

That was slow. Normally you can't wait to crawl up an arsehole. Is this the first blush of restraint? The dawning of dignity?

selassie
30-08-2022, 07:57 PM

:lol:

selassie
30-08-2022, 08:02 PM
That's a disaster if true about Partey, man. Elnonentity also being injured would soften the blow though, somewhat.

Hopefully force Arteta into playing Lokonga. That's what Arteta needs, a removal of all options as he invariably chooses the wrong one.

Lokonga doesn’t look ready to me which in itself is a bit of an issue.

He’s a project, Arteta even said in the press conference a few weeks back that neither party knows if he is a 8 or 6. He’s a project player.

mandela8
30-08-2022, 08:30 PM
Lokonga doesn’t look ready to me which in itself is a bit of an issue.

He’s a project, Arteta even said in the press conference a few weeks back that neither party knows if he is a 8 or 6. He’s a project player.

Intradesting...seems pretty fuckin daft to spend that money on a player they don't even know where to play him. This guy played almost every game for Anderlecht the season before last, winning the POTY, so he was clearly established in his position there.

Sounds like Arteta doesn't know and is ruining another player.