PDA

View Full Version : Spurs reactions and player ratings

mandela8
01-10-2022, 01:36 PM
Looking at the game overall it was a brilliant performance. Absolutely dominated them from start to finish. The first half, in isolation, was so frustrating because they were so dominant but so typically and predictably let them back into it. Being really critical the defence looked very shaky at times with 3 of the 4 causing issues but there's really no need to be really critical about anything after pumping that lot.

Ramsdale - 7 - had one save to make and made it really well. Plenty of keepers don't get down to that.

White - 6 - pretty woeful in the first half but a stronger second half. He's such an obvious area for improvement though.

Gabriel - 5 - stupid mistakes and lost his composure for a bit. I've commented before about his lapses and something needs to be done there...hopefully just a case of maturing out of.

Saliba - 7.5 - the fact he's so much better than Gabriel is mad. Displayed, speed, power, composure, the lot.

Zinchenko - 5 - hard to judge as I'm sure he's under explicitly weird instructions from Arteta. Countless times he was caught too far infield leaving arsenal players with no options out left and spurs players with too much room. Not his best performance.

Partey - 9 - been saying it since my heralded return. By far and away Arsenals best and most important player. Majestic again.

Xhaka - 7.5 - pretty good overall. I counted 4 ridiculous mistimed headers though. But solid overall and a great goal.

Odegaard - 6.5 - pretty average. Nothing spectacular but kept the ball moving to his best options.

Martinelli - 8.5 - I thought he was brilliant today. Just an absolute menace. He won't appear on the stat sheet but no one gave spurs more to think about than him. Really, really good.

Saka - 5 - I don't think he was as bad as some where alluding to in the game thread. I thought he held his positional well and looked for the ball in the first. I know he messed it up almost every time but it was better than his usual hiding. Thought he improved in the second half and his cut in and shot, which led to Jesus goal, is exactly what he should be doing more of.

Jesus - 7.5 - very good on the ball but missed a couple of really good chances which is a feature of his game. Loved his goal. Real poachers effort to harass them into mistakes.

Arteta...well, fuck me...made some responsible subs.

Marc Overmars
01-10-2022, 01:38 PM
Fucking brilliant win.

Bring on Liverpool. :popcorn:

GP
01-10-2022, 01:39 PM
Gabriel Martinelli stats vs Spurs:

1 Assist
95% (37/39) Pass Accuracy
2 Key Passes
1 Big Chance Created
1 Shot On Target
4 Successful Dribbles (Most in match)
2 Tackles Won (Most in match)
7 Ground Duels Won

He's a special player.

Letters
01-10-2022, 01:41 PM
Can I just add at this point:
Fuck Spurs

:patrice:

HCZ_Reborn
01-10-2022, 01:54 PM
I think dickhead makes some reasonable points, whether Partey is our best player or not he’s certainly the player we miss the most when he doesn’t play, not just for the defensive work but he just keeps everything ticking over and going by the law of averages after all the long range efforts he’s sent into the stands he was due one to set the net bulging.

Xhaka well he certainly adds more to our attacking dimension playing in a more advanced role but once again he’s a defensive liability, gets too easily dispossessed because he dwells too long on the ball.

From a defensive point of view White did very well but he does limit our opportunities going forward on the right. Zinchenko seems to be the opposite, doesn’t know what a full back is but Martinelli is always more dangerous when he plays

Saliba for me has been the best defender in the premier league so far, if there’s someone who has been better I’d like a name

Odegaard predictably disappears when we don’t play shit opposition. Saka needs to realise not everything is coming to come to him on his left foot

Jesus is Jesus, predictably a handful but sometimes wasteful. But five goals from 8 games is a decent return.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
01-10-2022, 03:54 PM
I think dickhead makes some reasonable points, whether Partey is our best player or not he’s certainly the player we miss the most when he doesn’t play, not just for the defensive work but he just keeps everything ticking over and going by the law of averages after all the long range efforts he’s sent into the stands he was due one to set the net bulging.

Xhaka well he certainly adds more to our attacking dimension playing in a more advanced role but once again he’s a defensive liability, gets too easily dispossessed because he dwells too long on the ball.

From a defensive point of view White did very well but he does limit our opportunities going forward on the right. Zinchenko seems to be the opposite, doesn’t know what a full back is but Martinelli is always more dangerous when he plays

Saliba for me has been the best defender in the premier league so far, if there’s someone who has been better I’d like a name

Odegaard predictably disappears when we don’t play shit opposition. Saka needs to realise not everything is coming to come to him on his left foot

Jesus is Jesus, predictably a handful but sometimes wasteful. But five goals from 8 games is a decent return.

Agree with everything except the White criticism.

Thomas Partey is the BOSS....and even if he was Jack the Ripper, we need to ensure that he plays every single game from now to kingdom come.

I mean he was everywhere today, he partook in all the goals and bossed the midfield (singlehandedly if you ask me) despite the Spuds having 5 men there!

If I am doing a rating he deserves a 12 for todays performance as everything good we did in the middle and in attack came from him.

As for Odegaard, I am happy people are noticing how limited he is and how his final ball is really not that top level. I am not saying he is a bad player, but he has a lot of improving to do, which if you ask me should not necessarily be with EPL games.

Saliba is other world class gem we have in the club. In fact if i had to sell him I' d ask for nothing less than £150m....he is that good.

An ok performance all round today, but honestly Partey and Saliba were the reasons we won that game....when you play the best you need individual players to stand up and bring extra, they both did it today. We didn't get this against United and I thought in general the team played better there.

Oh and Spurs were poor....but they've played like this all season and not lost.

Man, Partey is special.

mandela8
01-10-2022, 04:31 PM
Really need to hear from all those who were saying Saka is Arsenals best player and I'm sure there was someone saying Partey wasn't any better than the alternatives in the squad.

Lucky I'm shite with names.

selassie
01-10-2022, 04:47 PM
Shut those noisy neighbours up for a while, nice :dancingman:

I thought we played quite well, the first half was fairly even after around 20 minutes and they had me worried for a while. Second half we looked strong and the man advantage settled the game.

Good stuff, onto the Scousers next.....

HCZ_Reborn
01-10-2022, 05:10 PM
I’m just going to come out and say it

I don’t think that was a red card. Reckless but not malicious and lacked the pace or the height to do any serious damage. I’d be fuming if one of our players was sent off for that.

Mac76
01-10-2022, 06:07 PM

Agree with pretty much all of that, also Saka needs to remember to release the ball early, tbf he did start to do that more in the second half but in the first his dwelling on the ball and then losing it began the move that led to their pel

Ollie the Optimist
01-10-2022, 06:10 PM

I don’t think that was a red card. Reckless but not malicious and lacked the pace or the height to do any serious damage. I’d be fuming if one of our players was sent off for that.

Disagree. At first viewing i thought he was going to be booked for just a late tackle but seeing the replay, he has no intention of even attempting to look like he wants the ball, just rakes his studs down the leg/ankle of Martenelli.

It’s a red card all day long

HCZ_Reborn
01-10-2022, 06:27 PM
Disagree. At first viewing i thought he was going to be booked for just a late tackle but seeing the replay, he has no intention of even attempting to look like he wants the ball, just rakes his studs down the leg/ankle of Martenelli.

It was done out of frustration perhaps but like I say not malicious. It’s definitely a soft red

I’m not complaining, I mean given some of the horrendous fouls that have been committed against our players that have gone completely unpunished (like Ben Godfrey’s stamp on Tomiyasu last season) it’s nice to get one that is a bit favourable to us

mandela8
01-10-2022, 06:28 PM

You think it was a red?

Nah, not for me, man.

It was a Xhaka red, at absolute most.

selassie
01-10-2022, 08:20 PM

We got shafted at their place with the Holding red card. These things balance themselves out, sort of....

GP
01-10-2022, 08:29 PM
He's studs up into his ankle, nowhere near the ball.

It's a nailed on red.

mandela8
01-10-2022, 09:20 PM
He's studs up into his ankle, nowhere near the ball.

It's a nailed on red.

Nah.

Hardly any unnatural movement, man. At that speed. I doubt he even could've done what he done intentionally. Clumsy and poorly timed but there was no intent or maliciousness there. Not a red.

Mac76
01-10-2022, 09:52 PM
Nah.

Hardly any unnatural movement, man. At that speed. I doubt he even could've done what he done intentionally. Clumsy and poorly timed but there was no intent or maliciousness there. Not a red.

Rubbish, studs up on the back of someone's leg and you're off

100% nailed on red

Letters
01-10-2022, 09:58 PM
I thought it was a bit of a soft red card.

And :lol: at Spurs' defence for the second goal, what a mess.

mandela8
01-10-2022, 11:39 PM
Rubbish, studs up on the back of someone's leg and you're off

100% nailed on red
You've never played football, have you?

Stupid comment.

Mac76
02-10-2022, 07:49 AM

Stupid comment.

Yes i have but more to the point i've watched tons of PL football and First Division before it, plus seen games in all three lower divisions, plus non-league, and that's a sending off every time, it's worse than what Auba got sent off for a couple of seasons ago and if you watched MoTD there were two, errr, ex-players, Wright and Shearer, who were 100% it was a red

So it's not my comment that's stupid mate

Mac76
02-10-2022, 09:06 AM
If anyone saw MoTD btw, I'm so bored of the Xhaka 'zero to hero' nonsense.

The reality is that Xhaka was dreadful for SIX seasons but is now finally earning his money, no more no less

It doesn't change how bad he was or how many points he cost us previously, that still stands and overall we'd still have been far better off if we'd never signed him

Like people say above, players like Partey and Saliba are far more important to us

Chippy
02-10-2022, 09:28 AM

Stupid comment.

I have played football, and these days, that was a clear red.
You can't just drag your studs down someone's leg when the ball is miles away.

dostoy
02-10-2022, 11:09 AM
How did Kane avoid a red card on Gabriel towards the end of the match ?

He kicked out at Gabriel when the ball was two yards away on Gabriel's other side.

Mac76
02-10-2022, 11:11 AM
How did Kane avoid a red card on Gabriel towards the end of the match ?

He kicked out at Gabriel when the ball was two yards away on Gabriel's other side.

because he never gets a red card

ever

Mac76
02-10-2022, 11:12 AM
Saliba - nuff said

https://twitter.com/ArsenaIComps/status/1576227688687468545

Mac76
02-10-2022, 11:25 AM
and this is how a commentary should be done btw

https://twitter.com/nickvann1987__/status/1576481415243235329

i'll shut up now :lol:

dazthegooner
02-10-2022, 11:36 AM
Saliba - nuff said

https://twitter.com/ArsenaIComps/status/1576227688687468545

Maybe Gabriel could learn from him :unsure:

Ollie the Optimist
02-10-2022, 11:42 AM
and this is how a commentary should be done btw

https://twitter.com/nickvann1987__/status/1576481415243235329

i'll shut up now :lol:

Ive always enjoyed listening to Peter Drury as a commentator. Remember his partnership with Jim Belgin on the itv champions league coverage. Shame they dont more live games on tv

mandela8
02-10-2022, 12:34 PM
Yes i have but more to the point i've watched tons of PL football and First Division before it, plus seen games in all three lower divisions, plus non-league, and that's a sending off every time, it's worse than what Auba got sent off for a couple of seasons ago and if you watched MoTD there were two, errr, ex-players, Wright and Shearer, who were 100% it was a red

So it's not my comment that's stupid mate

It was the blanket statement of "studs up on the back of someone's leg" comment that I said was stupid. Because it is stupid.

It wasn't a red for me. But it wasn't a ridiculous decision either. I've no issue with anyone thinking it was a red, tbh. The game is for poofs now, so it is what it is.

Mac76
02-10-2022, 12:38 PM
Ive always enjoyed listening to Peter Drury as a commentator. Remember his partnership with Jim Belgin on the itv champions league coverage. Shame they dont more live games on tv

Yes those two were excellent

I think Drury does NBC now, with people like Andy ('not for me Clive'l Townsend plus people like Dixon etc

Mac76
02-10-2022, 12:43 PM
It was the blanket statement of "studs up on the back of someone's leg" comment that I said was stupid. Because it is stupid.

It wasn't a red for me. But it wasn't a ridiculous decision either. I've no issue with anyone thinking it was a red, tbh. The game is for poofs now, so it is what it is.

Don't try to wriggle out of it, everything you said was tosh, relating the judgement to knowledge of playing football when ex-players said it was 100%

Anyway it was a spuds sending off so why you're questionning it i don't know, unless you're sitting there in your AIA shirt

HCZ_Reborn
02-10-2022, 12:55 PM
Personally I’d sooner use a pumice stone on my testes than defend that dick head but I have to say I think it’s a soft red and I think if we are all being honest we can admit that if Xhaka was sent off for that we’d be annoyed.

By the letter of the law it’s a sending off but it’s a harsh one, I think a yellow would have sufficed. Does it bother me? No fuck them…first of all it’s a dirty challenge and Emerson is a cunt for making it and given what they and other sides have gotten away with against us I think this feels like things balancing themselves out.

Mac76
02-10-2022, 12:57 PM
Personally I’d sooner use a pumice stone on my testes than defend that dick head but I have to say I think it’s a soft red and I think if we are all being honest we can admit that if Xhaka was sent off for that we’d be annoyed.

By the letter of the law it’s a sending off but it’s a harsh one, I think a yellow would have sufficed. Does it bother me? No fuck them…first of all it’s a dirty challenge and Emerson is a cunt for making it and given what they and other sides have gotten away with against us I think this feels like things balancing themselves out.

don't agree with any of that, including the bit about Xhaka, he always gets exactly what he deserves and anyway I'm always happy to see him get sent off as it means we can play someone else for a few games

HCZ_Reborn
02-10-2022, 02:09 PM
don't agree with any of that, including the bit about Xhaka, he always gets exactly what he deserves and anyway I'm always happy to see him get sent off as it means we can play someone else for a few games

Nah I’m one of Xhaka’s biggest critics on here but a lot of his red cards have been incredibly harsh and definitely wouldn’t have been given against our opponents.

Mac76
02-10-2022, 02:58 PM
Nah I’m one of Xhaka’s biggest critics on here but a lot of his red cards have been incredibly harsh and definitely wouldn’t have been given against our opponents.

that's just an urban myth, i've not seen a thing wrong with any of his reds and i would genuinely say if i had, it doesn't help anyone to make up conspiracy theories

refs are definitely harsher on us than other teams and some of it is plain wrong, but with Xhaka it's always fully justified

mandela8
02-10-2022, 03:34 PM
Don't try to wriggle out of it, everything you said was tosh, relating the judgement to knowledge of playing football when ex-players said it was 100%

Anyway it was a spuds sending off so why you're questionning it i don't know, unless you're sitting there in your AIA shirt

Wriggling out of fuck all.

You don't know what you're talking about because you've never kicked a baw, so have no idea why "studs up down the back of leg..." is a fuckin idiotic statement.

Mac76
02-10-2022, 05:42 PM
Wriggling out of fuck all.

You don't know what you're talking about because you've never kicked a baw, so have no idea why "studs up down the back of leg..." is a fuckin idiotic statement.

why don't you read where i said:

"Yes i have but more to the point i've watched tons of PL football and First Division before it, plus seen games in all three lower divisions, plus non-league, and that's a sending off every time, it's worse than what Auba got sent off for a couple of seasons ago and if you watched MoTD there were two, errr, ex-players, Wright and Shearer, who were 100% it was a red

So it's not my comment that's stupid mate"

"yes i have " is a clue to my having played football so why don't you engage your pea-sized brain and stop talking trash mate

HCZ_Reborn
02-10-2022, 06:22 PM
You pair of fruity fun boys need to get a hotel

Mac76
02-10-2022, 06:24 PM
You pair of fruity fun boys need to get a hotel

i thought you and him were already shacked up together :lol:

Chippy
02-10-2022, 10:00 PM

Pretty much agree with this.
Especially the Odegaard comment.
The only weak link at the moment is Gabriel. He panics terribly far too often.

mandela8
02-10-2022, 11:53 PM
why don't you read where i said:

"Yes i have but more to the point i've watched tons of PL football and First Division before it, plus seen games in all three lower divisions, plus non-league, and that's a sending off every time, it's worse than what Auba got sent off for a couple of seasons ago and if you watched MoTD there were two, errr, ex-players, Wright and Shearer, who were 100% it was a red

So it's not my comment that's stupid mate"

"yes i have " is a clue to my having played football so why don't you engage your pea-sized brain and stop talking trash mate

Nah, you've not. Weird thing to lie about, mate.

I can tell by your posts, man.

Maybe kicked a baw, like a toddler, back to the boys playing when it came your way but that's the extent of your playing experience.

Mac76
03-10-2022, 08:48 AM
Nah, you've not. Weird thing to lie about, mate.

I can tell by your posts, man.

Maybe kicked a baw, like a toddler, back to the boys playing when it came your way but that's the extent of your playing experience.

and here comes the affected typed scots accent just like HCZ says - he's seen you off so now you're trying to troll someone else

give it a rest mate

mandela8
03-10-2022, 04:29 PM
and here comes the affected typed scots accent just like HCZ says - he's seen you off so now you're trying to troll someone else

give it a rest mate

Cry if you want.

I'll assume HCZ is the weirdo who stalks me around here even though I ain't read/responded to him since the second day I came back, ffs :haha:

It's cool though, man. Your idiotic opinions and lack of insight fit in well here. Tell me again how studs up back of leg is a red card every time, man.

HCZ_Reborn
03-10-2022, 05:08 PM
You’re both as bad as each other, like I say I don’t think it was a red card

And the Scottish degenerate seems to be unaware that I know full well that he doesn’t have the balls to reply to me

It’s just as well really because apart from goading him, I have nothing to say to him because he’s a genuine piece of shit…not for his footballing opinions, some of which I agree with….some are just garden variety trolling.

Mac76
03-10-2022, 09:03 PM
Cry if you want.

I'll assume HCZ is the weirdo who stalks me around here even though I ain't read/responded to him since the second day I came back, ffs :haha:

It's cool though, man. Your idiotic opinions and lack of insight fit in well here. Tell me again how studs up back of leg is a red card every time, man.

so, last reply then i'll stop rising to your troll-bait

1. i have played football. i played for my school side for several years and was often MOTM

2. even if you pretend not to believe that as part of your trolling, no-one can deny both Shearer and Wright played football and they both said it was a nailed on red

3. that's because it was a nailed on red

4. so fuck off

bye

mandela8
03-10-2022, 10:15 PM
1. i have played football. i played for my school side for several years and was often MOTM

:haha:

Jay from Inbetweeners

Mac76
04-10-2022, 09:15 AM
:haha:

Jay from Inbetweeners

i know i know, i was waiting for that :lol:

but i have played football since too...

and nice dodge on the other point you still won't reply to re Wright and Shearer ;)