PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal v Bodo/Glimt. 06/10/22. 20:00

Marc Overmars
06-10-2022, 02:51 PM
Full second string please.

Hopefully Saliba, Partey and Jesus in particular are nowhere near the squad.

Mac76
06-10-2022, 04:14 PM
Full second string please.

Hopefully Saliba, Partey and Jesus in particular are nowhere near the squad.

totally agree, i wish i could trust Arteta to be that sensible but so far he hasn't been

0-3 Solbakken hatter

HCZ_Reborn
06-10-2022, 05:56 PM
Bodo Gimp is probably the strongest team in this group. But yeah we have enough players back to rest people for Liverpool

Turner, Cedric, Tomoyasu, Holding, Tierney, Lokonga, Xhaka, Nelson, Vieira, Marquinhos, Edward should be the lineup

Marc Overmars
06-10-2022, 05:56 PM
Martinelli starting. Should have played Nelson.

Mac76
06-10-2022, 06:10 PM
Martinelli starting. Should have played Nelson.

Told you, Arteta loves running our best players into the ground

McNamara That Ghost...
06-10-2022, 07:00 PM
Can't rest everyone.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-10-2022, 07:04 PM
Arsenal: Turner; Tomiyasu, Holding, Gabriel, Tierney; Vieira, Lokonga, Xhaka; Marquinhos, Nketiah, Martinelli
Subs: Ramsdale, Hein, White, Partey, Saka, Odegaard, Jesus, Saliba, Cedric, Nelson, Cirjan, Smith

Bodo/Glimt: Haikin, Sampsted, Moe, Lode, Wembangomo, Vetlesen, Berg, Saltnes, Mvuka, Espejord, Pellergrino. Subs: Faye Lund Sery Larsen, Hoibraten, Amundsen, Gronbaek, Solbakken, Konradsen, Hagen, Sorli, Zugelj, Salveson.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-10-2022, 07:05 PM
Can't watch today though.

GP
06-10-2022, 07:11 PM
Vieira goes close

GP
06-10-2022, 07:13 PM
Eddie is a little tank these days

Mac76
06-10-2022, 07:14 PM
Can't rest everyone.

Martinelli's been poor so far = been played too much

Stupid decision

GP
06-10-2022, 07:24 PM
NKETIAH!!

After KT hit the post

McNamara That Ghost...
06-10-2022, 07:26 PM
Martinelli's been poor so far = been played too much

Stupid decision

He just had two weeks off over the international break.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-10-2022, 07:26 PM
Eddie. :bow:

GP
06-10-2022, 07:28 PM
HOLDING!!!

Great goal!

Mac76
06-10-2022, 07:29 PM
Great goal

Game over

McNamara That Ghost...
06-10-2022, 07:29 PM
Holding. :bow:

GP
06-10-2022, 07:34 PM
Vieira is quality

Mac76
06-10-2022, 07:42 PM
Xhaka gets his yellow

Mac76
06-10-2022, 07:49 PM
2-0 HT

Pretty easy, even though most of them not in the starting eleven it's still a good side

Now Arteta can surely play it safe and leave Jesus et al on the bench - right...?

Mac76
06-10-2022, 08:16 PM
Odegaard, Jesus and Saka brought on to play a full half hour in a dead game :ilt:

Letters
07-10-2022, 08:08 AM
You really are having to scrape the barrel so far this season to find ways of criticising Arteta.

GP
07-10-2022, 09:27 AM
The 3rd goal was ridiculously good.

https://dubz.co/v/915qq6

HCZ_Reborn
07-10-2022, 10:11 AM
You really are having to scrape the barrel so far this season to find ways of criticising Arteta.

Maybe it’s genuine concern that players are going to get burnt out because Arteta doesn’t know how to rotate properly

There was absolutely no need to bring on Gabriel Jesus last night…..it was petulance because we sat back too much after getting a two goal lead and he knew that PSV had got a big win against Zurich.

If you can’t stand Arteta being criticised, maybe go onto Twitter all you will get there is piety

Letters
07-10-2022, 10:11 AM
Jesus :bow:

Letters
07-10-2022, 10:17 AM
There was absolutely no need to bring on Gabriel Jesus last night…..it was petulance because we sat back too much after getting a two goal lead and he knew that PSV had got a big win against Zurich.
You are once again confusing yourself with someone who knows Arteta's personally and understands his intentions.

If you can’t stand Arteta being criticised, maybe go onto Twitter all you will get there is piety
I can't stand hyperbole and bullshit. I couldn't stand it with Wenger either. And because things are so polarised any suggestion from me that Wenger might not be a dribbling imbecile was met with howls of "ZOMG! YOU LOVE WENGER! IS HE YOUR DAD? YOU WANT HIM TO STAY MANAGER FOREVER!!!1!!111!"
Tiresome.

There is certainly danger of burnout in this squad, but I don't think playing for 30 minutes is going to kill anyone. The World Cup coming in the middle of the season may actually help us, unless a load of them come back injured.

HCZ_Reborn
07-10-2022, 10:26 AM
So what you’re saying is had we been 5-0 up? Jesus would still have come on?. And what I’m saying is speculative even though, we weren’t creating much in the second half and Bodo were and were coming onto us and Arteta on the sidelines was clearly unhappy about this and gesticulating wildly. Describing the decision making as petulant is an opinion of course. But without actually the power of mind reading, all we are left with is an opinion extracted from empirical evidence.

I like Eddie NKetiah I do, but the amount of glaring misses last night suggest that losing Gabriel for any length of time would be far from desirable, so why take the risk?

In my view and that’s all this is, is that it also erodes the confidence of players we may need in order to shuffle the pack further down the line.

Letters
07-10-2022, 10:33 AM
So what you’re saying is had we been 5-0 up? Jesus would still have come on?.
Probably not, but 2-0 isn't that safe a lead in football. I don't particularly have an issue with him coming on.
I haven't seen any of it tbh so I can't really form any particularly sensible opinions. But bringing on a senior player to help a team isn't particularly controversial.
One could argue that the assist vindicates the decision.

Also, holy shit he is good. No-one in our squad last year could have done that. What a brilliant signing, definitely a big part of us going up a level this year.

Marc Overmars
07-10-2022, 10:40 AM
Jesus and especially Partey need to be carefully managed. Losing either of them is enough to completely change our level, they’re that important to us.

I’d rather Jesus didn’t come on but no harm done, the fact he still managed to impact the game shows how sharp he is at the moment and I guess having that confidence flowing can only bode well for the Liverpool game.

HCZ_Reborn
07-10-2022, 10:44 AM
Probably not, but 2-0 isn't that safe a lead in football. I don't particularly have an issue with him coming on.
I haven't seen any of it tbh so I can't really form any particularly sensible opinions. But bringing on a senior player to help a team isn't particularly controversial.
One could argue that the assist vindicates the decision.

Also, holy shit he is good. No-one in our squad last year could have done that. What a brilliant signing, definitely a big part of us going up a level this year.

No it’s called a waste of valuable resources in a bullshit competition that matters about as much to us as the league cup.

If you can’t close out a two nil lead against a bunch of Walrus fuckers you shouldn’t be at the club and sometimes opportunities like this are good at sorting the wheat from the chaff

Your problem is you think that it’s just an excuse to get at Arteta, where as even if I happened to think Arteta was doing a good job I’d still be annoyed by this decision. There’s no great underlying meaning to it all, I just think the whole point of these group stage games against sides like this, is that it allows you to put out the B Team and give your first team a rest.

I didn’t like that we started Martinelli or Gabriel either

Letters
07-10-2022, 10:59 AM
Your problem is you think that it’s just an excuse to get at Arteta
:lol: That is my problem.
But it's based on seeing too many people being so entrenched in their views about a player or manager that they think everything they do is good/bad depending on their bias. I'll concede you're making a reasonable point here.

Mac76
07-10-2022, 02:16 PM
No it’s called a waste of valuable resources in a bullshit competition that matters about as much to us as the league cup.

If you can’t close out a two nil lead against a bunch of Walrus fuckers you shouldn’t be at the club and sometimes opportunities like this are good at sorting the wheat from the chaff

Your problem is you think that it’s just an excuse to get at Arteta, where as even if I happened to think Arteta was doing a good job I’d still be annoyed by this decision. There’s no great underlying meaning to it all, I just think the whole point of these group stage games against sides like this, is that it allows you to put out the B Team and give your first team a rest.

I didn’t like that we started Martinelli or Gabriel either

This

i don't want to criticise Arteta, it's just he keeps provoking me to do so

we have nine games this month I think - so he needs to manage the squad better than this

you're right, Arteta was stewing a bit but as you say he should have trusted the guys that had got us 2-0 up (although he also should have started with Nelson not Martinelli, you can bring the better players on if you need a goal or two)

At 2-0 that game was dead as a doornail, bringin on Jesus, entertaining though his assist was, was nuts

incidentally i think Marquinos had a bit of a shaky game but he's not getting much game time so perhaps not surrprising