PDA

View Full Version : Would Ronaldo win us the title?

Letters
16-11-2022, 09:24 AM
Speculation flying around that we might sign Ronaldo till the end of the season, although I think it's mostly fuelled by Piers Morgan saying he thinks we should. Most Arsenal fans are against. I am. Although part of me thinks he might propel us to the title. But he might just as equally fill Auba's prima donna boots, be a complete arse as he has been at Utd and disrupt things.

Xhaka Can’t
16-11-2022, 09:44 AM
Embarrassing to even consider this.

Hard pass.

WMUG
16-11-2022, 09:45 AM
Fuck no.

Fuck him and everything about him.

His sort is the exact thing that goes against everything Arteta has been building.

He'd set us back years, even if he scored a few goals while doing it.

Marc Overmars
16-11-2022, 09:52 AM
I’m sure he would have bagged a few of the chances Jesus has spurned but it would be absolutely toxic to have someone like that in this squad now.

Letters
16-11-2022, 10:00 AM
So we're on the fence? :unsure:

IBK
16-11-2022, 10:02 AM
If we want to destroy all the good and painful work that Arteta has done to restore proper team spirit to Arsenal, then bring him in!

dazthegooner
16-11-2022, 10:07 AM
NO!

Xhaka Can’t
16-11-2022, 03:25 PM
If we want to destroy all the good and painful work that Arteta has done to restore proper team spirit to Arsenal, then bring him in!

I still think we are unlikely to win the league - and I’m hardly going out on a limb saying that. However, we are building something good and we do have a plan. There is no way a distraction like Ronaldo fits in that plan. It would be they type of move that could be so toxic, it could set the club back years.

We’ve been through enough drama and disappointment, now is not the time for a big budget sequel.

Ronaldo is United’s problem and that suits me fine.

The Wengerbabies
16-11-2022, 03:28 PM
Ronaldo can suck my left nut.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-11-2022, 06:18 PM
No. He's done.

Even if he still scores 20 for us it will come to the detriment of our defensive structure.

Niall_Quinn
16-11-2022, 11:32 PM
Looks like this bunch of (apart from Jesus) shitkickers will win this lamentable competition anyway. So who cares who is signed? It's all about the contract anyway, isn't it? Not the actual football. Or haven't you noticed that yet?

Xhaka Can’t
16-11-2022, 11:50 PM
Maybe taking some vitamin D would help?

Niall_Quinn
17-11-2022, 12:06 AM
Maybe taking some vitamin D would help?

I thought they took all sorts? But, apparently, it doesn't help. They are still shit. Wort Arsenal team since last year, and the team from last year was the worst since the year before. And so on. For a decade.

And you know it too.

But it's the illusion that sells.

Xhaka Can’t
17-11-2022, 12:35 AM
No, Arsenal are better now - for starters, they can pass a ball.

I know the bar should be higher or people earning 7-8 figures, but they have surpassed that. The players work (insofar as football can be described as work), and it is a step up from the darkest of years.

We’ll never get back to the early Wenger years, which I remember telling someone to appreciate at the time when in the North Bank, because they were unlikely to last. Little did I know how short they would last nor how far we would fall.

But we’ve moved on from rock bottom, and are doing well with what we have.

But as a whole, I agree with anyone who is disgusted by what this sport has become and how it has ruined football. It really hit home when I was on a tour of the Transporter Bridge in Middlesbrough. How hard they worked - five and a half days a week. They’d work half days on Saturdays, then it was off home for a quick wash, then on to the football at 3pm and then to the boozer.

Now that is all gone, the game taken away from them.

Letters
17-11-2022, 09:09 AM
We’ll never get back to the early Wenger years, which I remember telling someone to appreciate at the time when in the North Bank, because they were unlikely to last
Aye. I remember thinking "it won't always be like this" during those years.
I also remember an incident in one of the title seasons. I think we were possibly already champions and the bloke in the North Bank the other side of my dad, who was one of those perma-moaners, was grumbling about something or other. NBN, bless his little cotton socks, turned round and berated him along the lines of "look, if you're not happy now then just stop coming. It's really not going to get better than this".
And then everyone clapped. (They didn't, but NBN was spot on).

This lot are a million times better than last year. And last year was better than the year before. There's been clear year on year improvement.
The game as a whole has gone to shit, but if you're not seeing the progression of this team over the last couple of seasons then you're just not watching,

selassie
18-11-2022, 09:58 AM
I would not want him or his circus anywhere near our club. Add to the fact he would command a crazy salary and would probably destroy the great team chemistry we seem to have built. It's all about HIM with Ronaldo, great player he was and to a degree still is it is a hard pass from me.

P.S. I respect him for the comments he made about wanting us to win the League though :lol: