PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal vs Ammers Player ratings and match Reaction

HCZ_Reborn
26-12-2022, 10:24 PM
Ramsdale 7 - Didn’t have awful lot to do, couldn’t have done much about the penalty and lovely save at the end from Fornals

White 8 - Solid defensively and getting forward

Saliba 6 - Grew into the game but started rusty and even though I’ll die on the hill that this wasn’t a pen, he shouldn’t have been sliding in like that

Gabriel 7 - Cool customer

Tierney 5 - got forward ok, but West Ham got too much joy down the right and we looked far better when he came off for Zinchenko

Partey 7 - Not one of his best performances but still did well and kept the engine ticking over

Xhaka 6 - Few indifferent first touches but generally did ok

Odegaard 9 - I don’t like agreeing with Ally McCoist but he was right, he was man of the match…his passing his forward drives, he was so technically good and so dynamic. Even the shit that didn’t come off like his mishit turned into the equaliser

Saka 8 - Playing for England is doing wonders for his confidence, Rice had to put in a shift to deal with him and in the end just ran out of steam…took his goal well

Martinelli 7 - Good runs but some of his final balls were a bit lacking, good composed finish although Flappy shouldn’t have been beaten at his near post

Edward 7 - Bit indifferent first half , but I think he was full of effort didn’t shy away…showed for everything and great turn for his goal

Zinchenko 7 - Decent cameo

Vieira/Elneny - Not worth giving a rating to

Interesting as come from behind wins go, I don’t think we massively upped our game second half because I don’t think we played that badly first half. Saka goal should have stood and I don’t think Saliba made contact
Odegaard was sharp throughout, although I did see a lack of belief slip into our play after going behind, we got a massive slice of luck to equalise but after that it was all us and 3-1 was a completely deserved result. Not a faultless performance but a decent one after six weeks absence.

Harder games to come, real roll our sleeves up time

Edit Addendum - I think it sad that Wenger stayed away for so long, his documentary on Amazon suggested he wasn’t at all sure that he would get a good reception. I’m sorry he felt like that, but I’m glad he came back and got the reception he deserved

21_GOONER_SALUTE
26-12-2022, 11:08 PM
Ramsdale 7 - Didn’t have awful lot to do, couldn’t have done much about the penalty and lovely save at the end from Fornals

Saliba 6 - Grew into the game but started rusty and even though I’ll die on the hill that this wasn’t a pen, he shouldn’t have been sliding in like that

Tierney 5 - got forward ok, but West Ham got too much joy down the right and we looked far better when he came off for Zinchenko

Partey 7 - Not one of his best performances but still did well and kept the engine ticking over

Odegaard 9 - I don’t like agreeing with Ally McCoist but he was right, he was man of the match…his passing his forward drives, he was so technically good and so dynamic. Even the shit that didn’t come off like his mishit turned into the equaliser

Saka 8 - Playing for England is doing wonders for his confidence, Rice had to put in a shift to deal with him and in the end just ran out of steam…took his goal well

Martinelli 7 - Good runs but some of his final balls were a bit lacking, good composed finish although Flappy shouldn’t have been beaten at his near post

Edward 7 - Bit indifferent first half , but I think he was full of effort didn’t shy away…showed for everything and great turn for his goal

Interesting as come from behind wins go, I don’t think we massively upped our game second half because I don’t think we played that badly first half. Saka goal should have stood and I don’t think Saliba made contact
Odegaard was sharp throughout, although I did see a lack of belief slip into our play after going behind, we got a massive slice of luck to equalise but after that it was all us and 3-1 was a completely deserved result. Not a faultless performance but a decent one after six weeks absence.

Edit Addendum - I think it sad that Wenger stayed away for so long, his documentary on Amazon suggested he wasn’t at all sure that he would get a good reception. I’m sorry he felt like that, but I’m glad he came back and got the reception he deserved

An ok round up, but no one deserves a lower rating than Saliba who had the worst performance I have ever seen from him and the penalty he gave away was utterly stupid.

My MOTM however was another defender, Ben White, he was awesome and I am really beginning to rate Arteta as a coach because playing him where he plays is just genius. The lad is a really talented footballer who actually has a footballing brain and honestly could be really really special in a top team under a top manager (in Citeh with Pep basically ). The lad is great and I just hope people can see what he gives Saka that is so subtle but crucial. Awesome display, I really enjoyed watching him today.

selassie
26-12-2022, 11:38 PM

Pretty much agree, though I would give Xhaka maybe a 7, thought he was decent 2nd half. I would probably give Saliba a lower rating too, thought he was really shaky the entire game, almost rash at times with his positioning and distribution.

Next 2 league games coming up are going to be really difficult, Brighton away and Newcastle home, if we get through those with 4 or 6 points then we will be in a really strong position. We need bodies back asap, as in ESR and Nelson, our offensive options are poverty outside of the starters right now.

Sounds like Mudryk is close though,

Marc Overmars
27-12-2022, 08:24 AM
Really happy for Eddie. Important for him to hit the ground running before the doubts over his ability to deputise for Jesus kick in. That was a supreme turn and finish.

Brighton A
Newcastle H
Spurs A
Man United H

Bloody tough run of games now. :popcorn:

Mac76
27-12-2022, 09:48 AM
Harsh rating of Tierney, Arteta had clearly told him to play inside, a la Zinchenko, but that just made him less effective.

Arteta just doesn't like him basically and Zinchenko coming on means that's it for him, think he'll go in the summer

McNamara That Ghost...
27-12-2022, 02:14 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11575487/Bukayo-Saka-knows-KILLER-Thierry-Henry-lauds-ruthless-instincts-star.html

Henry was a no-nonsense defender. :bow:

228 headers from corners.

selassie
27-12-2022, 05:37 PM
Really happy for Eddie. Important for him to hit the ground running before the doubts over his ability to deputise for Jesus kick in. That was a supreme turn and finish.

Brighton A
Newcastle H
Spurs A
Man United H

Bloody tough run of games now. :popcorn:

Aye, Eddie’s goal was sublime, really top class centre forward play. I agree on our next set of fixtures, it’s a make or break run IMO

Letters
27-12-2022, 06:43 PM
I have allowed myself to start having thoughts about the title.
But yes, let’s see where we are after that run. If we can emerge with a reasonable number of points and still on top the. We have to start taking ourselves seriously as contenders

Xhaka Can’t
27-12-2022, 07:06 PM
If we win the title by anything less than 7 points, I’ll be FUMING.

Mac76
28-12-2022, 11:16 AM
This would be a decent haul i think but probably one of those wins will be a draw, the Brighton or Newcastle game maybe

Brighton A - 3 pts
Newcastle H - 3 pts
Spurs A - 1 pt
Man United H - 3 pts

Marc Overmars
28-12-2022, 03:57 PM
Spurs away is always a bit of a graveyard so I don’t expect much from that. Newcastle will be a really interesting game. We’ll be looked at as their biggest test to date so they’ll be hungry for a result.

Brighton and United will be tricky but if we’re at our best we should be able to get the points.

8-10 points would be decent enough. You have to think there could be a slip up somewhere.

Mac76
28-12-2022, 05:37 PM
It would be nice if Leeds did us a favour tonight :pray:

GP
28-12-2022, 07:22 PM
Leeds suck so there's no way

Mac76
29-12-2022, 09:35 AM
Leeds suck so there's no way

Sadly correct ... :(

selassie
29-12-2022, 09:37 AM
This would be a decent haul i think but probably one of those wins will be a draw, the Brighton or Newcastle game maybe

Brighton A - 3 pts
Newcastle H - 3 pts
Spurs A - 1 pt
Man United H - 3 pts

If we come out of this next set of fixtures with that kind of points haul then we are knee deep in the title race, there will be no two ways about that. I’m keeping grounded at the moment, I rate our team and manager highly but I’m still unsure. Old habits die hard!

McNamara That Ghost...
29-12-2022, 07:18 PM
Man City play Tottenham (h), Man Utd (a), Chelsea (a) in that time too.

So dropped points in one, maybe two won't be the end of the world. Need to win the Brighton game though for sure.

Xhaka Can’t
31-12-2022, 07:27 PM
If we win the title by anything less than 7 points, I’ll be FUMING.

OK. Now I’m happy.

Just.

selassie
31-12-2022, 07:47 PM
OK. Now I’m happy.

Just.

:d

All title talk should be banned on here until the last few games of the season ;)

Last season was enough for me being in a race for 4th place! :lol:

Letters
31-12-2022, 08:30 PM
OK. Now I’m happy.

Just.

Now we just have to win over NQ

selassie
31-12-2022, 08:45 PM

If the team keep on winning he won't be back on here :lol:

Chippy
31-12-2022, 09:37 PM

It's December. We are doing well, but we have been here before.:oldboy:

Letters
31-12-2022, 10:35 PM
It's December. We are doing well, but we have been here before.:oldboy:

We haven’t quite been here before. There seems to be more to this lot than previous sides of late, but there is a long way to go yet.

Chippy
01-01-2023, 12:37 AM
We haven’t quite been here before. There seems to be more to this lot than previous sides of late, but there is a long way to go yet.

Indeed.
In addition, we were a bit lucky towards the end :tiphat:

Chippy
02-01-2023, 11:51 AM
OK. Now I’m happy.

Just.
Ok, would anybody take 3rd place now?

Mac76
02-01-2023, 03:09 PM

no i'm in it for the ride now, PL Champs or bust

Marc Overmars
02-01-2023, 04:12 PM

Probably not but 7 points isn’t really a lot when you’ve got a team like City behind you. This really does feel like a one game at a time kind of thing.

Hell of a lot of football to be played but you can’t deny there’s an excitement creeping in.

Letters
02-01-2023, 08:25 PM

No. Fuck that noise.
We’re 9 points clear of 3rd with a game in hand.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
02-01-2023, 08:51 PM

This season, it's crystal clear that we are in a better place than Chelsea, Man U, Tottenham and even Liverpool.

The only team that is better than us is of course Citeh, so to be honest I'd only accept "losing" the title if they beat us in the 2 games we have against them... anything else, then we deserve 100% to win the league and even add another trophy (EL or better yet the FA cup due to sentimental reasons).

It really does feel like its our time so the imaginary 3rd place trophy is clearly unacceptable...oh could Edu wrap up Murdyk so we can start the celebrations early...

selassie
03-01-2023, 11:35 AM

Top 2 should be our aim this season, obviously the title being the priority!

Outside of City, I do not see a team that is better than us this season, Newcastle and now Man United look decent-ish, but I think we are better than both of them.

The likes of Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool seem to be too inconsistent, of those teams, I only really see Liverpool being capable of putting together any kind of winning run, more through their past achievements than them actually being truly capable of it this season.

If you would have said 3rd at the start of the season I would have bit your hand off, but we are in a strong place now and we should be aiming for the top 2.

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-01-2023, 05:19 PM
Top 2 should be our aim this season, obviously the title being the priority!

Outside of City, I do not see a team that is better than us this season, Newcastle and now Man United look decent-ish, but I think we are better than both of them.

The likes of Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool seem to be too inconsistent, of those teams, I only really see Liverpool being capable of putting together any kind of winning run, more through their past achievements than them actually being truly capable of it this season.

If you would have said 3rd at the start of the season I would have bit your hand off, but we are in a strong place now and we should be aiming for the top 2.

Yeah I wouldn't worry, that won't be happening :lol:

Ollie the Optimist
03-01-2023, 07:11 PM
Probably not but 7 points isn’t really a lot when you’ve got a team like City behind you. This really does feel like a one game at a time kind of thing.

Hell of a lot of football to be played but you can’t deny there’s an excitement creeping in.

Obviously city are one hell of a side with a complete squad and current champions but so far this season, they have thrown away points from games that you wouldn’t expect them too given they have only really had two tough games on paper (united at home & Liverpool away) which was a win & a loss.

They’ve drawn with Newcastle (although they are better this season then expected), villa, Everton and lost to Brentford. All four of those games, you would expect them to have won. Otherwise bar the Fulham game, they seem to have won comfortably as expected but they ahve only played united & Liverpool out of the traditional big games. This week they have Chelsea, we play them soon as well.

As you say, its a one game at a time but we have had some huge wins this year out of games we don’t normally win whereas city seem to have thrown away easy points. Each time the media say when we win, just wait for city to catch up they stumble and we do maximise on that then ext game.

Not to say city aren’t a good side, they clearly are and know how to win but so far this season, they just seem to be a little bit more vulnerable even with Harland’s goals. If htey lose him, they might struggle even more.

Marc Overmars
03-01-2023, 07:21 PM
They’re only 2 points shy of what they had after 16 games last year. They’ve set the bar so high the only way to stop them is to do what we’ve done so far, win near enough every game. Liverpool did the same when they won the league, won almost every game during the first half of the season.

The standards are ridiculous but that’s what we’re dealing with. Things can turn very quickly.