GET IN!!

GP
15-01-2023, 06:37 PM
Huge win.

8 points clear. 14 ahead of Spurs.

It's on.

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2023, 06:40 PM
The spuds (can I say that?) are absolute shite, which is quite surprising from a Conte team.

They couldn't deal with our pedestrian plod up the field. And because they allowed us (or were incapable of preventing us) to play at 5mph it was an in inevitable outcome.

That City fullback is quite good. Eddie has a lot of potential. And Saka has diverted his attention from diving to playing which means his talent is making a difference.

Nothing really notable up front though.

The real difference is t the back.

It looks like Arteta has coached an Arsenal defence to do the basics. Finally.

That will make a huge difference in this very mediocre league.

Marc Overmars
15-01-2023, 06:44 PM
Another monstrous result. We looked so assured and composed for most of it. Really starting to look like a team that could be champions.

If we beat United next weekend I think there will be a very good chance we can go on and win it.

selassie
15-01-2023, 06:48 PM
Great 1st half performance, assured second half performance. Massive win, onto the big game next week against United.

Letters
15-01-2023, 06:50 PM
Spurs were there for the taking but how many times had that been true and we’ve shat our pants? Not this lot. There does seem to be more steel about this team.
I can still foresee some challenges as the pressure mounts up and injuries take their toll but holy shit who wouldn’t have taken this at the start of the season?

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2023, 06:53 PM
Spurs were there for the taking but how many times had that been true and we’ve shat our pants? Not this lot. There does seem to be more steel about this team.
I can still foresee some challenges as the pressure mounts up and injuries take their toll but holy shit who wouldn’t have taken this at the start of the season?

They still have some sperm in their balls, a kind of residue. Whilst most "men" don't. So they have an advantage.

But let's not call them actual MEN. That would be outrageous.

Xhaka Can’t
15-01-2023, 06:56 PM
I don't think I'll ever tire of watching that strike from Odegaard.

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2023, 07:00 PM
I don't think I'll ever tire of watching that strike from Odegaard.

It was actually very good. A very rare occurrence. He's a very, very improved player. Very calm on the ball which is massive. I guess you have to give a lot of credit to Arteta for recognising that. I didn't two years ago when the guy was running around like a headless chicken. But that's what being a manager is all about, spotting that potential through a cloud of shite.

Plus 1 for Arteta in this case.

Mac76
15-01-2023, 07:22 PM
Tottenham get battered, everywhere they go :)

21_GOONER_SALUTE
15-01-2023, 07:42 PM
Another monstrous result. We looked so assured and composed for most of it. Really starting to look like a team that could be champions.

If we beat United next weekend I think there will be a very good chance we can go on and win it.

Hopefully when we beat them we would have 50 points from the first half of the season.

To put that into perspective, Citeh won the league last year with only 93 points.

The performance today was really matured, and we need to keep up the momentum of seeing teams off as fast as possible. We're definitely in a good place at the moment.

Hopefully the EL won't make us lose concentration.

Munchies
15-01-2023, 08:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUM8WL-wcrU

:haha:

21_GOONER_SALUTE
15-01-2023, 08:22 PM
BTW just realised that we're playing Man U a second time (same as the spuds)....so besides Citeh theres another team we haven't played at all this season...??? Or am I wrong?

McNamara That Ghost...
15-01-2023, 08:35 PM
We still have to play Everton twice.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-01-2023, 08:35 PM
If Casemiro got a yellow against Palace that'd be enjoyable.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
15-01-2023, 08:46 PM
Thanks Maccy.

Hopefully its soon and not before they pick up some form.

The Wengerbabies
15-01-2023, 09:17 PM
Getting back into football now, I guess I'm a fairweather fan these days. Don't really know any of the players but lets fucking do this!

Also wtf is with Sky now calling it "Player of the match" and wth was he/she/they/it given instead of champagne?

Marc Overmars
15-01-2023, 09:20 PM
Gary Neville has said City will win the league, ok fine, then he goes on to say United will finish 2nd. :lol:

The wanker can’t stand the thought of Arsenal succeeding.

Hope we fucking beat them next weekend, I’d probably gain even more satisfaction out of that than today.

selassie
16-01-2023, 09:27 AM
Gary Neville has said City will win the league, ok fine, then he goes on to say United will finish 2nd. :lol:

Hope we fucking beat them next weekend, I’d probably gain even more satisfaction out of that than today.

He's been a bit like that all season, desperate to avoid praising us and making up numerous excuses to why the chasing pack aren't doing as well.

I really want us to stuff United next week too!

Marc Overmars
16-01-2023, 09:58 AM
It’s mental gymnastics. Most of these guys didn’t have Arsenal in the top 4, so to see them mounting a title challenge has made a mockery of all their “expertise”. Instead of at least acknowledging what’s happening, they choose to double down. It’s not edgy or insightful to suggest Arsenal won’t win the league but in the event of us collapsing, you can bet people like Neville will be the first to say “I told you so”.

selassie
16-01-2023, 10:09 AM
It’s mental gymnastics. Most of these guys didn’t have Arsenal in the top 4, so to see them mounting a title challenge has made a mockery of all their “expertise”. Instead of at least acknowledging what’s happening, they choose to double down. It’s not edgy or insightful to suggest Arsenal won’t win the league but in the event of us collapsing, you can bet people like Neville will be the first to say “I told you so”.

He was talking yesterday like it's a two horse race between the two Manchester clubs! Yeah sure we have form for collapses and I am not taking anything for granted...but the facts are we have been the best team in the league by some distance this season, both as the home and away team. We are dominating pretty much every game now, even like yesterday which to be honest is still pleasantly surprising me!

Their is a massive hunger and desire in this team, they seem super determined this bunch!

Their is still a long way to go, but if we maintain these performance levels then we win the league, simple as that. The only thing stopping us and it's a BIG thing is squad depth issues and inevitable injuries and suspensions.

Ollie the Optimist
16-01-2023, 11:49 AM
Neville was practically begging VAR to intervene and give a penalty to spurs just before half time yesterday

HCZ_Reborn
16-01-2023, 12:23 PM

I mean who cares what he thinks?.

Letters
16-01-2023, 12:39 PM
I mean who cares what he thinks?.

:gp:

Mac76
16-01-2023, 01:13 PM
probably worth saying that the officials generally did a good job yesterday, spuds weren't allowed to bully us and they got four yellows i think - just shows how it can be if the ref etc do their job properly

IBK
16-01-2023, 01:55 PM
probably worth saying that the officials generally did a good job yesterday, spuds weren't allowed to bully us and they got four yellows i think - just shows how it can be if the ref etc do their job properly

Yes - a nice refreshing change TBF. Couldn't believe Partey escaped a yellow for that handball...

IBK
16-01-2023, 01:55 PM

Yes - a nice refreshing change TBF. Couldn't believe Partey escaped a yellow for that handball...

Ollie the Optimist
16-01-2023, 02:18 PM

I do agree that they were pretty good but i think it is fair to say that Romero should have seen a second yellow for the late challenge on Xhaka

Mac76
16-01-2023, 03:11 PM
I do agree that they were pretty good but i think it is fair to say that Romero should have seen a second yellow for the late challenge on Xhaka

yes, true, he should have been off

Letters
17-01-2023, 06:20 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64311656

Assault :lol:

HCZ_Reborn
17-01-2023, 06:29 PM

I don’t know what goes through the head of someone like that, to get to the point where you’re at the area of the stands where you can lash out at a player even if you have a rush of blood to the head surely there’s enough time for sense to establish itself and think “yeah I best not…don’t want a criminal record and a lifetime ban”

I remember going to a game years and years ago at Goodison park, last minute winner for Everton and chucking it down with hailstones on the way back to the coach. Young lad walks past in Everton replica kit and kisses the badge and waves at us, and a couple of other people on the coach roaring like enraged baboons “fuck off you little cunt!!!”

I felt thoroughly fucking miserable, soaked to the bones…long journey back after a shitty result on a Sunday when I had to get to work early the next morning and it just didn’t occur to me to fly into such rage, just smiled back and nodded at the cheeky little fucker.

Letters
17-01-2023, 07:04 PM
You have a few brain cells to rub together! Many football fans do not.

Marc Overmars
17-01-2023, 07:10 PM
Knuckle draggers :lol:

IBK
18-01-2023, 09:43 AM

Also, the fact that his hearing is at Highbury Magistrates' Court :lol: