PDA

View Full Version : Forest vs Arsenal 20.05.2023 KO 17:30

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 09:18 AM
We have nothing to play for but Forest will likely secure survival if they beat us today so they will be massively up for it.

I don’t know what we will do here. Whether we will massively rotate or not.

Still so pissed off about the insipid performance against Brighton that it’s hard to muster enthusiasm

Marc Overmars
20-05-2023, 09:32 AM
Yeah not really bothered about this anymore and judging by the performance last week neither are the team. :lol:

If I were a Forest fan I would be quietly confident about getting a result.

Mac76
20-05-2023, 10:31 AM
Areta won't rotate because he simply never does

The First 11 failed us last week so there's nothing to lose, we should have something like this, might as well rest a few players and give others minutes, we'll probably lose but then so did our 'best players' last week

Turner
White
Holding
Kiwior
Tierney
Jorg
ESR
Vieira
Nelson
Eddie
Trossard

Mac76
20-05-2023, 11:47 AM
oh and 3-0 Johnson hatter

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 03:34 PM
My word

Trossard starts for Arsenal

But that can’t be possible?

Mac76 was 100% sure, he’s always right about these things…and if a ten second video of Arteta not shaking his hand was proof of Trossard being frozen out…well surely he must have been.

I don’t know what to believe anymore

McNamara That Ghost...
20-05-2023, 03:35 PM
Arsenal: Ramsdale, White, Gabriel, Kiwior, Xhaka, Jorginho, Partey, Odegaard, Saka, Trossard, Jesus.
Subs: Turner, Walters, Tierney, Holding, Bandeira, Vieira, Smith Rowe, Nketiah, Cozier-Duberry.

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 03:37 PM
Arsenal: Ramsdale, White, Gabriel, Kiwior, Xhaka, Jorginho, Partey, Odegaard, Saka, Trossard, Jesus.
Subs: Turner, Walters, Tierney, Holding, Bandeira, Vieira, Smith Rowe, Nketiah, Cozier-Duberry.

Who the hell is Bandeira?

Mac76
20-05-2023, 03:47 PM
My word

Trossard starts for Arsenal

But that can’t be possible?

Mac76 was 100% sure, he’s always right about these things…and if a ten second video of Arteta not shaking his hand was proof of Trossard being frozen out…well surely he must have been.

I don’t know what to believe anymore

thought you'd be pleased - but I was ahead of you, as I already suggested on here somewhere that Arteta might feel he had to play him to quash the rumours which the video created

Oh and Martinelli's injured of course which forced Arteta's hand

simple really ;)

Marc Overmars
20-05-2023, 04:23 PM
Partey and Jorginho starting together. :faint:

Xhaka playing left back ahead of Tierney. :haha:

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 04:25 PM
thought you'd be pleased - but I was ahead of you, as I already suggested on here somewhere that Arteta might feel he had to play him to quash the rumours which the video created

Oh and Martinelli's injured of course which forced Arteta's hand

simple really ;)

I also predicted you wouldn’t admit you were wrong :rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
20-05-2023, 04:33 PM
Come on Arsenal you berks.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-05-2023, 04:34 PM
Who the hell is Bandeira?

He was in Zorro I think.

Letters
20-05-2023, 04:34 PM
I also predicted you wouldn’t admit you were wrong :rolleyes:
:lol:

Mac, c’mon, you’ve been pwned.
You read far too much into a short out of context video and now you’re trying to rationalise either outcome so they both fit your narrative in different ways.

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 04:38 PM
Forest doing their best Stoke City impression so far

Mac76
20-05-2023, 04:41 PM

Mac, c’mon, you’ve been pwned.
You read far too much into a short out of context video and now you’re trying to rationalise either outcome so they both fit your narrative in different ways.

so if they fit my narrative then that means either - or indeed both - could be correct, right?

and you're saying it's me that's been pwned? :rolleyes:

Mac76
20-05-2023, 04:50 PM
1-0 - total cockup from Odegaard

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 04:50 PM
1-0 Forest, unbelievably poor play from Odegaard

McNamara That Ghost...
20-05-2023, 04:51 PM
Shocking from Odegaard.

Letters
20-05-2023, 04:54 PM
so if they fit my narrative then that means either - or indeed both - could be correct, right?
You’re creating a heads I win, tails scenario.
Your narrative is that Arteta has some issue with Trossard and that he’s been frozen out.
Had he not started today you’d have no doubt seen that as vindication of that stance.
But he did start and you think that’s because of some chatter by internet twats rather than there maybe not the issue you inferred from a short clip which none of us know the context of. As in, maybe he’d already seen Trossard earlier. We don’t know. To me your analysis is as silly as HCZ’s proclamations about Arteta’s marriage based on a few short clips in a heavily edited reality show.

Letters
20-05-2023, 04:55 PM
Oh FFS :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
20-05-2023, 04:58 PM
Trossard scuffer.

Mac76
20-05-2023, 05:02 PM
You’re creating a heads I win, tails scenario.
Your narrative is that Arteta has some issue with Trossard and that he’s been frozen out.
Had he not started today you’d have no doubt seen that as vindication of that stance.
But he did start and you think that’s because of some chatter by internet twats rather than there maybe not the issue you inferred from a short clip which none of us know the context of. As in, maybe he’d already seen Trossard earlier. We don’t know. To me your analysis is as silly as HCZ’s proclamations about Arteta’s marriage based on a few short clips in a heavily edited reality show.

shall we remind ourselves what i actually said?

"maybe Trossard's alleged personality issues are rising to the fore, maybe he gives Arteta a "don't effing say hello to me" look, but a manager needa to keep a lid on it and deal with it, as HCZ maybe Trossard will start on Sunday - if he does maybe it will be because Arteta is trying to pacify him (though that would be out of character) but something's not right and with Arteya's poor track record on man-management it's worrying at least" http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=312&p=4574493&viewfull=1#post4574493

'worrying at lesat' is hardly saying he's been frozen out - i checked all my posts and nowhere did i say Trossard was frozen out, just that it was potentially concerning

so maybe it's not me that's been overreacting?

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 05:05 PM
shall we remind ourselves what i actually said?

"maybe Trossard's alleged personality issues are rising to the fore, maybe he gives Arteta a "don't effing say hello to me" look, but a manager needa to keep a lid on it and deal with it, as HCZ maybe Trossard will start on Sunday - if he does maybe it will be because Arteta is trying to pacify him (though that would be out of character) but something's not right and with Arteya's poor track record on man-management it's worrying at least" http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=312&p=4574493&viewfull=1#post4574493

'worrying at lesat' is hardly saying he's been frozen out - i checked all my posts and nowhere did i say Trossard was frozen out, just that it was potentially concerning

so maybe it's not me that's been overreacting?

“We're not Man Utd, we can't afford a manager who is endlessly freezing out talented players for no reason, but it's exactly what he's doing”

Your words

Mac76
20-05-2023, 05:08 PM
“We're not Man Utd, we can't afford a manager who is endlessly freezing out talented players for no reason, but it's exactly what he's doing”

Your words

but i didn't say Trossard was being frozen out, though i admit 'endlessly' was going a bit far :lol:

tbh I think it's odd not to consider at least a talking point that Trossard seems to get ignored by our manager is a bit weird IMO - all i did was post a video and wonder if it was something we should worry about given Arteta's track record, and people started going nuts

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 05:15 PM
but i didn't say Trossard was being frozen out

tbh I thing it's odd not to consider at least a talking point that Trossard seems to get ignored by a manager is a bit weird IMO - all i did was post a video and wonder if it was something we should worry about given Arteta's track record, and people started going nuts

I saw the video and ignored it and you got uppity because everyone else did as well….as if you’d provided proof of a second shooter behind the grassy knoll and we weren’t taking heed

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 05:16 PM
This has been a woeful performance so predictable and easy to defend against

Marc Overmars
20-05-2023, 05:19 PM
Sounds like skipping this game was a good choice.

Mac76
20-05-2023, 05:20 PM
I saw the video and ignored it and you got uppity because everyone else did as well….as if you’d provided proof of a second shooter behind the grassy knoll and we weren’t taking heed

ok, final post from me on this - i was just surprised people didn't think it at least worth remarking on, so yeah sure maybe OTT to repost a couple more times but whaddever

McNamara That Ghost...
20-05-2023, 05:21 PM
1-0 HT. That team will have to change.

Pitiful.

Mac76
20-05-2023, 05:22 PM
Interesting to see the Kiwior experiment at LB, though in general given we're so bad it's hard to tell if it could work or not

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 05:24 PM
ok, final post from me on this - i was just surprised people didn't think it at least worth remarking on, so yeah sure maybe OTT to repost a couple more times but whaddever

Because it was a Nothing Burger

I wouldn’t shake Trossard’s hand at the moment either, playing far too narrowly

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 05:26 PM
Trying to play cute passes to open a team sitting behind the ball because we have no aerial threat

Mac76
20-05-2023, 05:29 PM
Because it was a Nothing Burger

I wouldn’t shake Trossard’s hand at the moment either, playing far too narrowly

or after that shot into Row Z...

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 05:34 PM
or after that shot into Row Z...

I do think though that if Forest keep allowing him into shooting positions like that he might find the net with one

I’d play it out to him just outside the box, give him chance to set himself

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 05:40 PM
Xhaka you cunt

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 05:47 PM
Referee conveniently fails to see Jesus being pulled back in dangerous position

McNamara That Ghost...
20-05-2023, 05:55 PM
Kiwior and Xhaka off, Tierney and Nketiah on.

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 05:58 PM
We’ve been shit but referee doesn’t help. Allows forest diving and time wasting

Mac76
20-05-2023, 05:58 PM
25 minutes for Arsenal to avoid another total embarrassment - jeez what has this season come to... :(

McNamara That Ghost...
20-05-2023, 05:59 PM
Gibbs-White hits the side netting. Oof.

Mac76
20-05-2023, 06:00 PM
now Ben White fucks up and nearly gives another goal away

can we just forfeit the Wolves game?

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 06:01 PM
Gibbs White might be dead. RIP

McNamara That Ghost...
20-05-2023, 06:02 PM
Trossard off, Vieira on.

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 06:04 PM
Trossard off, Vieira on.

Arteta had to make that change, combination of Trossard and Tierney might have given us goal threat on the left hand side

Mac76
20-05-2023, 06:04 PM
Arteta had to make that change, combination of Trossard and Tierney might have given us goal threat on the left hand side

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Forest are pissing me off every time we breathe near them they fall over

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 06:13 PM
And again, cunt just throws himself over Saka and referee gives it as a foul. It’s a contact sport you bald prick

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 06:21 PM
And again! Referee has allowed all kinds of cheating by Forest

Letters
20-05-2023, 06:22 PM
Well this is shit.

I’m actually more annoyed about this than the Brighton game. I can understand the City result getting in our heads. We can talk about whether that’s good enough, but I do at least understand it. But they’ve had a week to sort their shot out and to just continue to give up is completely unacceptable.

I know it doesn’t really make any difference, it’s just the principle of the thing. We’re about to crown City before they’ve kicked a ball. Nowhere near good enough

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 06:27 PM
Well this is shit.

I’m actually more annoyed about this than the Brighton game. I can understand the City result getting in our heads. We can talk about whether that’s good enough, but I do at least understand it. But they’ve had a week to sort their shot out and to just continue to give up is completely unacceptable.

I know it doesn’t really make any difference, it’s just the principle of the thing. We’re about to crown City before they’ve kicked a ball. Nowhere near good enough

No definitely more angry about the Brighton game. Today we were just toothless and slaughtered by Arteta’s terrible tactics and an indulgent referee.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-05-2023, 06:31 PM
1-0 FT.

Embarassing display.

Man City Champions.

Grim.

Marc Overmars
20-05-2023, 06:33 PM
Same old weak and feeble nonsense we’ve seen for the past 6 weeks.

A truly embarrassing end to a season that promised a lot. It’s in our DNA.

Mac76
20-05-2023, 06:34 PM
A truly embarrassing end to a season that promised a lot.

I'd have preferred if we'd just had a mroe even season and got a second or even third place tbh - the collapse has been very painful and as you say embarrassing

HCZ_Reborn
20-05-2023, 06:35 PM
Arteta cannot take this side any further

If there was someone better out there he should go.

Unfortunately we are in a period of average coaches

Odegaard shouldn’t be Captain, the guy is a poof

Marc Overmars
20-05-2023, 07:03 PM
How this team managed to start the season by winning 16 out of 19 games I’ll never know.

Letters
20-05-2023, 07:28 PM
Same old weak and feeble nonsense we’ve seen for the past 6 weeks.

A truly embarrassing end to a season that promised a lot. It’s in our DNA.
There’s no disgrace in being run over by the City juggernaut but it’s pathetic how we gave up.

Letters
20-05-2023, 07:48 PM
How this team managed to start the season by winning 16 out of 19 games I’ll never know.

I think we just ran out of steam. We always knew that squad depth was an issue.
Pressure was a factor but we won enough must win games to make me think that it wasn’t the main factor. I’m pretty pissed off at us just giving up.

LDG
21-05-2023, 07:07 AM
Arteta cannot take this side any further

That’s what everyone said last year tbf.

This forum sucks the life out of death.

We were shocking yesterday no doubt. Complete tactical arse up. Poor in all departments. They gave up against Brighton, and it seemed to me yesterday was a training match where we were trialling new stufg in advance of next year. Awful, especially when we could have been a point behind.

That said, even posters who used to be sensible seem to have lost their minds. 2nd place with a young side against a team who have pretty much the pick of whomsoever they want, is not bad really eh? The smiles on the faces of the fans this season tells me the reality, not a bunch of psychos on the interweb,

People on here have lost their minds, and have shit the bed more than the team has.

HCZ_Reborn
21-05-2023, 08:08 AM
That’s what everyone said last year tbf.

This forum sucks the life out of death.

We were shocking yesterday no doubt. Complete tactical arse up. Poor in all departments. They gave up against Brighton, and it seemed to me yesterday was a training match where we were trialling new stufg in advance of next year. Awful, especially when we could have been a point behind.

That said, even posters who used to be sensible seem to have lost their minds. 2nd place with a young side against a team who have pretty much the pick of whomsoever they want, is not bad really eh? The smiles on the faces of the fans this season tells me the reality, not a bunch of psychos on the interweb,

People on here have lost their minds, and have shit the bed more than the team has.

We aren’t just some plucky young team, we are a club that has spent a sizeable amount on transfers over the past couple of years. It is reasonable to expect better than what we’ve had in the past eight games.

We don’t exist to be charitable to clubs like Nottingham Forest or Brighton in avoiding relegation and qualifying for Europe respectively

And the reason I questioned Arteta last year and this year is because of the parallels in the collapse in April/May. And it’s hard not to think those parallels are not in some way attributable to an inability to rotate.

LDG
21-05-2023, 09:05 AM
We aren’t just some plucky young team, we are a club that has spent a sizeable amount on transfers over the past couple of years. It is reasonable to expect better than what we’ve had in the past eight games.

We don’t exist to be charitable to clubs like Nottingham Forest or Brighton in avoiding relegation and qualifying for Europe respectively

And the reason I questioned Arteta last year and this year is because of the parallels in the collapse in April/May. And it’s hard not to think those parallels are not in some way attributable to an inability to rotate.

You are right to point to rotation. But therein lies the problem. Arteta inherited a fucking mess, and the ridding of an oversized and overrated squad was part of that problem. We rightly didn’t replace the depth of squad because without CL football, it wasn’t justified.

To be able to rotate and compete, you need back up players capable of replacing the first eleven. There is no depth.

What we haven’t done, is come up with plan b. That is where we need to improve imo.

Yes we have spent money, but every single club has. Look at Chelsea. Look at Liverpool. Look at Spurs. What is their excuse?

Your prophecy may come true. Arteta may not take us all the way. But you can’t ignore the good stuff this club has done. Unless of course you are smashing your keyboard in a dark room with your other hand in your arsehole

HCZ_Reborn
21-05-2023, 09:39 AM
Again that’s simply not the case.

We do have a reasonable amount of squad depth now that would have given us a chance to rest players

Playing Saka and Odegaard in every game was unnecessary.

Playing Saliba in every game wasn’t necessary (we could have shuffled the pack at played White at centre back more)

Tierney, Smith Rowe, Jorginho, Trossard, Kiwior and Nelson have not been utilised in the way they could

If Vieira wasn’t good enough why did Arteta buy him?

Mac76
21-05-2023, 10:36 PM

We do have a reasonable amount of squad depth now that would have given us a chance to rest players

Playing Saliba in every game wasn’t necessary (we could have shuffled the pack at played White at centre back more)

Tierney, Smith Rowe, Jorginho, Trossard, Kiwior and Nelson have not been utilised in the way they could

This

KSE Comedy Club
22-05-2023, 08:06 AM
There’s no disgrace in being run over by the City juggernaut but it’s pathetic how we gave up.

That's not what happened though.

City were coming up behind us but with a fair distance still to go to catch up.

Then we just inexplicably steered off the road and over the cliff edge, smashing down into the ravine below.

The entire collapse was of our own making.

KSE Comedy Club
22-05-2023, 08:09 AM
You are right to point to rotation. But therein lies the problem. Arteta inherited a fucking mess, and the ridding of an oversized and overrated squad was part of that problem. We rightly didn’t replace the depth of squad because without CL football, it wasn’t justified.

To be able to rotate and compete, you need back up players capable of replacing the first eleven. There is no depth.

What we haven’t done, is come up with plan b. That is where we need to improve imo.

Yes we have spent money, but every single club has. Look at Chelsea. Look at Liverpool. Look at Spurs. What is their excuse?

Your prophecy may come true. Arteta may not take us all the way. But you can’t ignore the good stuff this club has done. Unless of course you are smashing your keyboard in a dark room with your other hand in your arsehole

One of my issues is, why loan out players if we have a perceived lack of squad depth?

And if the players are not good enough, then why did we buy / haven't we sold them?

KSE Comedy Club
22-05-2023, 08:15 AM

Exactly.

Arteta had is favourite first 11 and stuck with it continually.

We have loaned out players that should have been given a chance (Balogun) and bought players that might be good enough - a luxury we don't really have.

LDG
22-05-2023, 08:32 PM
One of my issues is, why loan out players if we have a perceived lack of squad depth?

And if the players are not good enough, then why did we buy / haven't we sold them?

We loan them out to get them off the wage bill. In some cases for development, but mainly because we couldn’t sell em (see Pepe).

It’s a balance. But one that needs tipping our way for next year with CL football. You can’t expect the club to fork out over the odds with no CL. And they have stated numerous times that they were ahead of what they had planned.

Every single club buys duds. Kalvin Philips anyone? It’s a natural occurrence.

Like I say, I moght be wrong about Arteta. He may not take us further. But our points tally, the quality of footbal for 90% of the season suggests he may have improved us a tad.

I can understand people being disappointed. Hell, I’m gutted! And I happen to think we could have won it for a few different decisions both on and off the field. Ramsdale gifting that one against Southampton was criminal. But you have to put some perspective on it surely?