:bow: Wumger

Arsenal Royal
26-02-2012, 04:03 PM
from Arsenal's twitter account:

Wenger: "Rosicky has a back problem, and Vermaelen has an ankle problem."

:doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Keeps them out of the midweek friendlies hopefully.

WUMger. :bow:

Joker
26-02-2012, 04:05 PM

Fuck just when Rosicky's played his best game of the season, he's got an injury. Hopefully it's not serious.

And it's true that Vermaelen needs to improve tbh. His defending for a while has been extremely dodgy.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Fuck just when Rosicky's played his best game of the season, he's got an injury. Hopefully it's not serious.

And it's true that Vermaelen needs to improve tbh. His defending for a while has been extremely dodgy.

Vermalen has been woeful but we need him because the alternatives are unthinkable. Rosicky is a bog miss, hopefully its too keep them out of the internationals this week.

Good gibbs has stayed fit this week.

milla
26-02-2012, 04:29 PM

Good, WUMger is keeping them both out of midweek intl friendlies. WUMger :bow:

milla
26-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Confirmed, Rosicky and Vermaelan are out of Wednesday intl friendlies,

on injuries to Rosicky and Vermaelen…

Unfortunately we had some bad news for Rosicky today, and Vermaelen as well. Vermaelen has an ankle problem, and Rosicky a back problem. I don’t think they will be available for Wednesday, whether they are available for Saturday is a big doubt.

WUMger :bow:

Dennis Bendtner
26-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Vermaelen's was Parker's tackle, I guess. A handy +1 for Spurs to take away. Very important his is not serious. Irrespective of recent form, his bottom level is still about 10 times better than Djourou's. Rosicky seems like one of those we'll have to nurse through games and manage the workload. He's still got six days though.

milla
26-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Rosicky seems like one of those we'll have to nurse through games and manage the workload. He's still got six days though.

Something that Wenger is never good at. :lol:

Flavs
28-02-2012, 09:25 AM
busy days coming up for our medical team as they prepare for all the bodies returning from pointless international games with knocks, breaks and tears.

Bad times

Olivier's xmas twist
28-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Arsenal and Holland striker Robin van Persie is a doubt for tomorrow's friendly against England with a groin injury, Oranje coach Bert van Marwijk has confirmed.

Van Persie sat out the last 10 minutes of Holland's hour-long open training session at Wembley tonight after aggravating the problem, which he originally suffered in the Gunners' 5-2 win over Tottenham on Sunday.

The Arsenal frontman, who has been in scintillating form this year, appeared in discomfort towards the end of the training session and missed an eight-a-side practice match at England's national stadium in north London tonight.

The 28-year-old, who has scored 33 goals for club and country this term, is a doubt for tomorrow's game at Wembley, although Van Marwijk was optimistic the striker would feature.

"We will have to wait and see but I don't think it's too serious. I am optimistic he will play," Van Marwijk said.

Arsenal were aware Van Persie had picked up an injury, although they released him for international duty as they thought it was only minor.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-Robin-Van-Persie-rated-doubtful-for-England-friendly-article872192.html

Master Splinter
29-02-2012, 01:43 AM
Don't forget we have also Abou Diaby who can play there.

He is close to a return.

LDG
29-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Djourou out for a month with a muscle tear.

:rolleyes:

Injury Time
29-02-2012, 12:40 PM

The Arsenal backroom team working their magic on Djourou
http://3alleypub.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-02-2012, 12:41 PM

If Vermaelen is out for our game, who will you play there? :unsure:

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Toto :bow:

Syn
29-02-2012, 12:42 PM

Don't forget as well yknow we have as well Alex Song who can also play there.

LDG
29-02-2012, 12:43 PM

Well, Merts out for the season, Squllacci got injured against Sunderland (thank god), so I guess it's down to:

Verms (if fit), Koscielny and Miquel.

However:

We have also Alex Song who can play there

McNamara That Ghost...
29-02-2012, 12:44 PM

We truly saw the best of him now he can play at centreback.

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Well, Merts out for the season, Squllacci got injured against Sunderland (thank god), so I guess it's down to:

Verms (if fit), Koscielny and Miquel.

However:
Ah :good:

We also have issues in that area for Saturday... :shivers:

Flavs
29-02-2012, 12:55 PM

Miguel again just to make it easy for you (But Song really)

Flavs
29-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Jenkinson can also be play there.

Syn
29-02-2012, 01:01 PM
We need to see more of ghelkers. Could be a bit of a fans' favourite.

He runs around a lot. Which is always nice.

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-02-2012, 01:04 PM
We need to see more of ghelkers. Could be a bit of a fans' favourite.

He runs around a lot. Which is always nice.
Well it gets you the England captaincy so it can't hurt.

Syn
29-02-2012, 01:10 PM
I wonder if it's too late for him to play for England. He has played for England's youth team but now plays for Finland I think. But he had the right to play for both. Might be too late to switch now. Kyle Walker's pretty good but RB position's up for grabs. Well, so is every position apart from Rooney's, really.

Dennis Bendtner
29-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Why were we chosen to host this?

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/medical-conference-at-emirates-stadium

The Club’s commitment to the progression of cutting-edge technology in sports medicine has led to the completion of the Medical and Rehabilitation Centre at the training ground. The conference is another example of driving medical excellence and emphasises Arsenal’s commitment to player welfare at all levels of the game.

:lol:

Flavs
02-03-2012, 08:54 AM
He is doing good, he is not far as well - two weeks away from returning to the group. It is a bit ahead of time and he works with a fantastic attitude. He is unbelievably focused, motivated every day and he is a credit to himself. It is a joy to see how hard he works and sets himself targets. In two weeks we will assess how well he is doing in training.

Le boss said this of Andy 2 Saints :faint:

Always seemed a bit of a fat bloke to me in the very little we have seen of him

Grebbo
04-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Wilshere has been back in training for two weeks now. Where is he??

Cripps_orig
04-03-2012, 07:59 PM
He has a little groin

Master Splinter
04-03-2012, 09:05 PM
:haha:

Syn
04-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Wenger has some good news on Wilshere's injury!

“We have good news but Jack isn’t close to a comeback.

The last scan was good and he can start to jog again so he is on the way back – but we have to be very cautious he is on the way back.

I hope to have him back before the end of the season, but we go step by step.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-Arsene-Wenger-Jack-Wilshere-still-has-a-chance-of-making-Euro-2012-Finals-article874366.html

That is very good news indeed.

One table we're always going to top is this: http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Which 4/5 key players will be out for next season? Van Persie's a given, if he's still here. Oxlade? Song's due one. Koscielny? Szczesny?

Arsene, resign, and lets bring in a human being with a fucking grip on reality.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Wenger may as well have said Jack will be fit for the start on next season. No way he will be risked now.

Syn
05-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Wenger may as well have said Jack will be fit for the start on next season. No way he will be risked now.

Too late to save on the risks now, the risks were already taken. By Wenger's own admission, Wilshere picked up the setback 'stress fracture' because he rushed him back.

A full year out, at his age, could be detrimental to his development - let alone any residual long-term injury problems that might be left over.

The Eduardo injury nor the Ramsey injury didn't piss me off as much as this. He was set to become a great. Not Fabregas-great...he was already that, Bergkamp-great. I think he was the best player in the league last season. Certainly the best thing to come from England in over a decade. And we've fucked him right up. We made him, and then we fucked him. We are the Josef Fritzl of football clubs. How long can this keep carrying on before we wake the fuck up and put a proper focus on this? FFS.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Too late to save on the risks now, the risks were already taken. By Wenger's own admission, Wilshere picked up the setback 'stress fracture' because he rushed him back.

A full year out, at his age, could be detrimental to his development - let alone any residual long-term injury problems that might be left over.

The Eduardo injury nor the Ramsey injury didn't piss me off as much as this. He was set to become a great. Not Fabregas-great...he was already that, Bergkamp-great. I think he was the best player in the league last season. Certainly the best thing to come from England in over a decade. And we've fucked him right up. We made him, and then we fucked him. We are the Josef Fritzl of football clubs. How long can this keep carrying on before we wake the fuck up and put a proper focus on this? FFS.

The club has to sort out this problem and soon we can buy all the world class players under the son, If their all injured it make no diffrence. Wilshere is tought so i don't think he will be too bad next season, i know he is raring to go and we will see it when he comes back, just hope he don't go to the Euro's tbh.

Grebbo
05-03-2012, 12:31 AM
I wanna see Wilshere playing again so badly!

Wenger said he'd be back in March!

...didn't say which year though

Dog Toffee
05-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Hows Arteta? he looked as good as dead at Anfield.

Marc Overmars
09-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Fat Fuck 2 is back in full training. :bow:

Dennis Bendtner
09-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Just seen the training pics. He's lost weight imo.

GP
09-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Wenger has said he's available. Great news.

GP
09-03-2012, 02:21 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/378x498/mar_12/zp_141033173SM006_Arsenal_Trai_4436.jpg?ic=32bf83T

milla
15-03-2012, 05:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2mlV0kPT2F0

Champa continue his goal draught with reserve side.

Aneke already looks better than Ramsey and Denilson, his through pass for the 2nd goal and his goal were awesome. We will be well stock in midfield next season.

Cripps_orig
15-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Mertesacker out for the season

Marc Overmars
15-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Tall guys shouldn't try stepovers.

Syn
15-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Tall guys shouldn't try stepovers.

It's funny because it's true.

Cripps_orig
15-03-2012, 10:52 PM
on Andre Santos' return for the reserves…
Andre played 60 minutes with no problem. Overall we are getting our players back so that is positive.

on Abou Diaby…
Abou might play in the reserves next week at Liverpool. That game is on Tuesday night.

on Jack Wilshere...
Jack's scan was positive. There is no problem, it is normal evolution and he is continuing his progression. It's too early to fix a date though, we go day by day with him.

on Francis Coquelin...
Francis is two more weeks away from fitness.

on Per Mertesacker...
I believe Per will be out for the rest of the season. Basically there are only six weeks to go [this season] so I don't think he'll be sharp enough to come back and play. He would need to train and get back to full fitness.

So no ones back then

Syn
20-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Squillaci is back. :dance:

Current injury list: Wilshere, Mertesacker, Coquelin and Frimpong. Wenger says Coquelin is first back - and should be in training in a few weeks. He also confirms that he has ended the career of the most promising talent in England for years.

Cripps_orig
30-03-2012, 12:33 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-it-s-fantastic-to-see-henderson-back

Henderson is back

Hes like a new signing

Meaning we wont sign an actual new signing in midfield

LDG
30-03-2012, 12:44 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-it-s-fantastic-to-see-henderson-back

Henderson is back

Hes like a new signing

Meaning we wont sign an actual new signing in midfield

He's actually really bloody good that lad :good:

Cripps_orig
09-04-2012, 01:18 AM
Arsenal and England midfielder Jack Wilshere has suffered yet more frustration in his recovery from injury, according the Sunday Mirror.

The 20-year-old has not played all season after suffering an ankle injury during Arsenal’s pre-season Emirates Cup clash with the New York Red Bulls, and has already suffered several setbacks in his rehabilitation attempts this campaign.

And after targeting a return to the Gunners first team in their London derby with Chelsea in three weeks' time, it is claimed the youngster has now picked up a knee injury which has forced him to rest for four days.

All this comes after a stunning breakthrough first full season with Arsenal which saw him win the PFA Young Player of the Year award and make his full England debut.

Wilshere was beginning to form a strong partnership with Tottenham’s Scott Parker at the heart of the Three Lions’ midfield, but it now looks like he is in a race against time to get himself fit for this summer’s European Championships in Poland and Ukraine.

The Arsenal man is believed to be targeting this week as a chance to make-up for any lost time, but he is being closely monitored by the club’s fitness team and will not be allowed to rush his comeback.

:rose:

Marc Overmars
09-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Sell him, he's broke.

KSE Comedy Club
09-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Ffs. If we let him play at the euros then the whole club should be shot.

Just get him ready for the start of next season damn it!

Underhill and over Grove
10-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Gibbs out with "groin fatigue" oh dear. Trust that is a medical condition related to his previous problems, and not a resulting of Balotelli's dangerous tackle on Sunday, now there is someone who should have groin fatigue!

Master Splinter
10-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Did Balotelli try one on Gibbs too?

He had four attempts at Sagna.

Thankfully, Sagna is an absolute rock.

cricketsi
10-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Gibbs out with "groin fatigue" oh dear. Trust that is a medical condition related to his previous problems, and not a resulting of Balotelli's dangerous tackle on Sunday, now there is someone who should have groin fatigue!

"Groin fatigue"? ... that's what she said?

Dennis Bendtner
17-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Wonder if any pointed questions will ever be asked about Arsenal's ability to conjure up long-term injuries from nothing. Actually, more specifically, what seems to be constant misdiagnosis and general cluelessness, which Wenger relays in press conferences. I can think of Vermaelen, Rosicky and Wilshere all following the same pattern. I am sure there are more - Diaby too, but you have to allow for his big injury I s'pose.

"2-3 weeks."

"He had a little bit setback in recovery."

"He is progressing well...hopefully back in three weeks."

"The next three weeks will be crucial."

"He will have surgery next week."

"He is dead."

If this is not a prioritised question behind the scenes then nothing will be. Not the no. of injuries, but how they seem to be so poorly managed.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Wonder if any pointed questions will ever be asked about Arsenal's ability to conjure up long-term injuries from nothing. Actually, more specifically, what seems to be constant misdiagnosis and general cluelessness, which Wenger relays in press conferences. I can think of Vermaelen, Rosicky and Wilshere all following the same pattern. I am sure there are more - Diaby too, but you have to allow for his big injury I s'pose.

"2-3 weeks."

"He is progressing well...hopefully back in three weeks."

"The next three weeks will be crucial."

"He will have surgery next week."

"He is dead."

If this is not a prioritised question behind the scenes then nothing will be. Not the no. of injuries, but how they seem to be so poorly managed.

:gp:

Syn
17-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Wilshere has ruled himself out of the Euros on Twitter last night.

"Gutted, sad, devastated..its been a test mentally for me this season and it will continue to be tough until I am back out on the pitch. My ankle is good, I just have a few niggles and having been out so long I will not be fit enough for the Euro's! I hope England can do well and bring home the cup! I will be watching and cheering the boys on like a proper england fan! The hardest thing is being away from the game that I love and not being to able to help my team mates get 3rd place! I will be in all summer. Trying to get fit so I can help the team next season! No holidays, I just want to play and show AFC fans what I can do! Night all...."

KSE Comedy Club
17-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Wilshere has ruled himself out of the Euros on Twitter last night.

"Gutted, sad, devastated..its been a test mentally for me this season and it will continue to be tough until I am back out on the pitch. My ankle is good, I just have a few niggles and having been out so long I will not be fit enough for the Euro's! I hope England can do well and bring home the cup! I will be watching and cheering the boys on like a proper england fan! The hardest thing is being away from the game that I love and not being to able to help my team mates get 3rd place! I will be in all summer. Trying to get fit so I can help the team next season! No holidays, I just want to play and show AFC fans what I can do! Night all...."That's great news tbh.

It would be stupid to let him go there after not playing any football this season and having the possibility of picking up another injury.

Fuck England lad, you should be worrying about getting fit to play for your club again.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-04-2012, 11:55 PM
best manager in the epl tbh

overplayed and completely ruined the career of one of the most promising footballers to come out of england in the past 20 years

Olivier's xmas twist
19-04-2012, 12:01 AM

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-04-2012, 12:02 AM
:rose: jack

for what he thought he could be and not what he became

Cripps_orig
19-04-2012, 01:28 AM
Last September, Arsenal announced Jack Wilshere would be out for four to five months. I immediately went on air and said he wouldn’t play again this season and he wouldn’t go to the Euros. Of course Gooners laughed, saying the Arsenal medical staff know more than me. It saddens me that I was totally right.

The timeline of Wilshere’s injury is shocking. At best, Wilshere has been spectacularly unlucky but you don’t need to be a cynic to start asking questions about how the injury was managed.

Last season, when he was still a teenager, Wilshere played 49 games for Arsenal and five for England. In that April, Wenger warned Capello publicly about “overloading” Wilshere. England played nine games that season; Jack missed four and played the full 90 minutes in only one international.

It wasn’t England who overloaded Jack Wilshere. Maybe Wenger’s current reluctance to use Alex Oxlade-chamberlain (at the same age Jack was that season) is his way of admitting he was the one guilty of asking too much of his star midfielder.

It’s true Wilshere suffered an injury against Switzerland in June 2011 while on England duty. That can happen in any game, for club or country. The big issue is how that injury was dealt with. Did the injury need urgent treatment after Wilshere went back to his club after the game? Probably. So why did Arsenal say he could go on holiday for a month?

At the end of the season, Wenger declared Wilshere was “in the red” because he’d played too many games. He said he did not agree with the FA’s decision to take Wilshere to the under-21 tournament with England. Wenger admitted Jack had been in the red “for a while now,” in short admitting he had played Jack too much. “

He knows he is nearly at the end of his energy level,” said the manager.

Wenger sat down with the player and persuaded him not to join up with England. Stuart Pearce said: “Arsenal have not left him out of the side in the last 6 weeks of the season, even though the stats have said he is in the red zone.”

This is where I believe a second opinion on Wilshere’s fitness would have been crucial. If he had joined up with England and been checked by the England doctors, who knows what they would have found. Wilshere has not played a competitive game since.

At the end of July 2011, after coming back from a Far East tour with Arsenal, Wilshere limped off seven minutes into the friendly with New York Red Bulls at The Emirates. It was described by Wenger as “ankle inflammation” before adding: “It is not very serious but it is serious because they [the Arsenal medical staff] say he might be out for all next week. He has not torn anything. He is a quick healer and a tough boy.” He hasn’t kicked a ball in anger since.

Two days later Wilshere tweeted: “Ankle scan just showed some inflammation. Hopefully will settle in a few days.”

Arsenal kicked off their season at Newcastle without Wilshere. Two days earlier, Wenger revealed the player’s foot was in a boot: “It is difficult to set any specific date on his return but we hope he will be back soon.”

So, after the Red Bulls game Wenger was told it would be a week. Just under two weeks later he was told there was no specific date for his return. Wenger was then hopeful Wilshere could play a part in the second leg of the Champions League qualifier in Udinese: “[Jack] has trained Thursday, Friday and Saturday. He has a chance to play.”

Wenger also described Wilshere’s injury as “not serious”. (In the same press conference Wenger also said Abou Diaby’s injury was “slowly improving” and hoped to have him back by the end of September. In November, Diaby played five minutes against Dortmund and 21 minutes against Fulham but was then out again until March when he came on as sub at Liverpool, only to go off injured late in the game)

Wilshere never made the trip to Italy, instead suffering a setback in training. The following weekend, Arsenal were humiliated at Old Trafford. Fast forward to September. On the 8th Wenger said Wilshere would be in the boot for a month. On the 15th Wenger said he would be in the boot for six weeks.

On the 19th Wilshere tweeted: “Ankle feeling a lot better hope to be back playing soon.” Four days later Arsenal announced Wilshere will be out for four to five months following an operation on his ankle.

In January 2012 there were more positive noises out of Arsenal. On the 18th January it was reported Jack was due to return to full training and was keen to make the AC Milan Champions League tie in mid-February. The Arsenal medics forecast a March return but revised that, describing Wilshere as a “medical miracle” because of the speed of recovery.

The same medics reported the bone where the stress fracture had been was “clear, with little risk of related muscular problems.” It was also reported Wilshere had “been running and working tirelessly in the gym for some weeks.”
Arsenal said it would be two weeks before his conditioning work was done and he would be available for selection. So that new date for a return was early February.

Late in January Wilshere tweeted: “It is true I have had a setback I can’t tell you how long I have been set back because I don’t know! I am very annoyed but will stay strong.” Wenger added the setback was being investigated: “He has pain again when running. We stopped him right away.”

A few days later Wilshere tweeted: “I can confirm I have a stress fracture but it is not in the same area as my first injury which has healed which I am happy about. I have developed a stress fracture in the heel now and I don’t want to put any time scale on it as I do not know how long it will take.”

Arsenal said there was no reason why he wouldn’t return before May. But now we know Wilshere is out for the season, out of the Euros. Wenger’s also told the player to forget about the Olympics because it will “destroy” the start of his season.

There are so many inconsistencies between what Arsenal say as a club, and what the player seems to be told, like medical staff describing him as a “medical miracle” before he breaks down again and delays over surgery before a stress fracture is discovered. Did the scans miss that? Why did Wenger keep playing him when his fitness levels were in the red zone at the end of the 2010-11 season?

Why did Arsenal play a teenager in 49 games? Why did Arsenal send him on holiday instead of treating his injury from the Switzerland game? Look at the shambles of misinformation from the player, the manager and the club in September 2011 – that’s embarrassing.

Why allow Wilshere to be “running and working tirelessly in the gym” while recuperating from the first operation? Did that gym time bring on the heel injury?

Read all of this properly and ask yourself these questions: was the player managed properly and was the injury managed properly? If you somehow answer yes to both, then ask how Jack Wilshere has missed the whole season and the European Championship. If your answer is that he is unlucky, then you’d get a job in the Arsenal FC press office.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivetime/120417/durhams-rant-why-arsenal-fans-should-ask-questions-about-wilshere%E2%80%99s-inju-170024

Love him or hate him but Durham is spot fucking on here

Olivier's xmas twist
19-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Well he makes good points, But this was the same guy who last season on Radio was saying how Jack should play alot of games and how good he is etc.

He is only pissed because of the Euro's not Jack playing for us.

Not Many gooners moaned when he played this many games last season either its only now its gone wrong the moaners are out in force.

These are the same idiots who have insisted we over play OX this season and had the same thing happened they be 1st complaining another talent is injured.

But I do agree on why he was not sent to the hosptial was silly instead of letting him home for the summer.

Our medical team seems to have gone down alot since Gary Lewin left.

Time to bring in a new team me thinks should be the 1st priorty for this team.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-04-2012, 07:54 AM
Why did Arsenal play a teenager in 49 games? Why

IF he was good enough and wanted too don't really see the problem tbh, Messi has been doing it for years and years now. Pool did it with open when he was young, Everton with Rooney don't really see the problem.

He is young and fit he should be able to play that many games.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Of course there valid concerns of how we look after players but mainly, it is stupid from Durham. If he hadn't played so many games would he be clamouring for him to play for England? I would think not.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Also, Arteta is out for the remainder of the season. :doh:

Olivier's xmas twist
19-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Of course there valid concerns of how we look after players but mainly, it is stupid from Durham. If he hadn't played so many games would he be clamouring for him to play for England? I would think not.

Pretty Much.

On Arteta FFS. Well Lets hope Ox gets a look in.

Marc Overmars
19-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Massive blow losing Arteta, if only for this game and the Stoke fixture.

More Ramsey flicks then. :doh:

Marc Overmars
19-04-2012, 09:50 AM
IF he was good enough and wanted too don't really see the problem tbh, Messi has been doing it for years and years now. Pool did it with open when he was young, Everton with Rooney don't really see the problem.

He is young and fit he should be able to play that many games.

Nah Rooney and Messi never played the same amount when they were teenagers, the critical difference is that Jack would also complete 90 mins week in, week out. It was a lot of strain to put someone under given it was only his debut season as a regular.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Nah Rooney and Messi never played the same amount when they were teenagers, the critical difference is that Jack would also complete 90 mins week in, week out. It was a lot of strain to put someone under given it was only his debut season as a regular.

What you say is true and maybe ot was too many games.

However The Masses of gooner fans where happy for Jack to play for us last season not many if any at all moaned he was playing too many games.

If he had been french i doubt Durham would really care right now.

Cripps_orig
19-04-2012, 10:31 AM
If he had been french i doubt Durham would really care right now.Why would he? Durhams not French

Syn
19-04-2012, 10:36 AM
I was happy for Jack to play every game last season because at many points of the season, he was the only reason the Arsenal was worth watching. Never seen a more disinterested team than the one we had last year.

Anyway Jack's dead. We've killed him. End of story.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Why would he? Durhams not French

Exactly which is the point of his article in the 1st place. Its only cause the lad is missing the Euro's thats they he is moaning. Funny though that had he been fit we'd have been relying on him in a high pressure torunament but that does not seem to Durham.

Lord Nelson
19-04-2012, 10:57 AM

I believe that Diaby is back in full training as is Conquilen (Spelling). we also have Rosicky and the Ox! No problem peeps!

Syn
19-04-2012, 10:59 AM
The thing about Arteta being out is that we've got no shape in midfield now. None of Ramsey, Rosicky or Song can hold a position. If only we had Fabregas because he's good at that now, apparently.

Cripps_orig
19-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Exactly which is the point of his article in the 1st place. Its only cause the lad is missing the Euro's thats they he is moaning. Funny though that had he been fit we'd have been relying on him in a high pressure torunament but that does not seem to Durham.But hes right. Yeah he wants Sir Jack to play for England whilst we want him to play for Arsenal but what he says is spot on

server too busy!
19-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Does anyone have our win percentage with Ramsey starting? I hope to god he doesn't start again this season.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-04-2012, 11:32 AM
But hes right. Yeah he wants Sir Jack to play for England whilst we want him to play for Arsenal but what he says is spot on

But he is not spot on thats the problem,yes the injury should have been handle better, but had Jack not played all those games he'd bethe 1st one moaning its hurting his england chances etc.

Never saw you moan or say how damaging it was jack playing all those games when he did.

You have never said it would cost him etc.

Like i said if it was not because of missing the euros's Durham would not give a shit really.

KSE Comedy Club
19-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Also, Arteta is out for the remainder of the season. :doh:NooooooooooooOoOoOoOoOoOOooOoOoO!!!!!!!!!!!

Japan Shaking All Over
20-04-2012, 05:34 AM

Worst midfielder in the PL according to some!......ooops sorry overusing the superlative there, what was I thinking? we have SWAYR for that!

Dennis Bendtner
29-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Diaby out of the last two games with another injury. Whole list here:

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/1284/vassiriki_diaby_injury.html

Really very unfortunate. Let's hope Wilshere isn't in for something similar.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 11:55 AM
We really should stop playing him, let him be fit to play just in training - competitive matches are clearly doing him no good at the moment.

Syn
29-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Diaby looked to have pulled his hamstring at the end of the game.

It's a shame because I think he would've started the next one if he came through ok. Desperately need some new faces in midfield at the moment with only Rosicky playing well. I would go with Coquelin, Song, Rosicky for the final 2 but the former hasn't played a game for 4 months.

GP
29-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Diaby's ankle is destroyed. I can't see him ever being 100% again.

Joker
29-04-2012, 12:07 PM
I know it's harsh but I think we should sell him in the summer. It's not his fault these recurring injuries, but we can't keep him on when it's unlikely he's ever going to put together a string of games.

Syn
29-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Diaby's ankle is destroyed. I can't see him ever being 100% again.

The annoying thing was that the Dan Smith challenge was every bit as bad (if not worse) than the shawcross and Taylor ones but didn't receive as much attention.

As far as I'm concerned, we've lost 2 excellent players (Ramsey and Eduardo both look a touch slower to turn which makes all the difference) and while Diaby had no brain we'll never know if te obvious technical talent would've pulled him through. His touch yesterday to control the ball flying over his head was exquisite - nobody else in our team can do that.

Argh, sick of it.

GP
29-04-2012, 12:11 PM
The annoying thing was that the Dan Smith challenge was every bit as bad (if not worse) than the shawcross and Taylor ones but didn't receive as much attention.

As far as I'm concerned, we've lost 2 excellent players (Ramsey and Eduardo both look a touch slower to turn which makes all the difference) and while Diaby had no brain we'll never know if te obvious technical talent would've pulled him through. His touch yesterday to control the ball flying over his head was exquisite - nobody else in our team can do that.

Argh, sick of it.

Yes, Diaby was an exciting talent, but we, and possibly no one, will ever see a benefit of it.

It's a shame, but he'll retire having had no career to speak of.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-04-2012, 12:23 PM
I know it's harsh but I think we should sell him in the summer. It's not his fault these recurring injuries, but we can't keep him on when it's unlikely he's ever going to put together a string of games.

This has to be your most optimist post on GW ever and its decent too and its not harsh bu true.

Dennis Bendtner
29-04-2012, 12:35 PM

We're in a corner. I couldn't see many teams willing to take him on. It's a very unfortunate situation - everything suggests he's doing whatever there could be to regain fitness e.g. http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Abou-Diaby-travels-to-Qatar-and-Miami-in-bid-to-save-his-Arsenal-career-article853960.html. The best we can hope for is for him to have complete pre-season (I'm sure Blanc isn't mental enough to call him for the Euros) and take things very slowly until August. The only thing that'd give anyone a shred of optimism would be the season he had a couple of years ago, which was forty games. But the odds don't look favourable. Very important issue given the extended absence and continued doubts over Wilshere and Frimpong. Hope to god we don't have Denilson in the team in August.

Master Splinter
29-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Diaby's the only big, powerful (well, sometimes) athlete-ball player we have as well. Song is too slow. Coquelin is too small and is more a technical player. And Frimpong is likely shit if we look beyond his Englishness. Rosicky or Oxo in the centre are probably the best options we have to add some power in the middle in highly-charged games. It's probably why M'Vila is under consideration. All Barclays Premier League teams need some Beast Mode options in the middle. We had Vieira, Citeh have Yaya, Chelsea have Ramires, Essien and Drogba when he loses some more pace to fulfil the athlete-ball quota.

We've seen Diaby give some incredible performances (sadly his best have probably come in devastating losses against Chelsea and Liverpool) over the years and though his brain might not always function, he has (or had :() the ability to be a unique and valuable asset.

In summary, we're cursed.

And scum like Dan Smith, Shawcross, Pulis and every other vile sub-human troll who condones their actions through continued non-action needs to be wiped off the Earth.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Good point on athelete-ball.

These type of players thrive in this league and our lack of them is one of the reasons we dropped so rapidly after the Invincibles were sold off.

It's a shame about Diaby but we need to move him on now. Hopefully he can have some sort of career elsewhere but I think we need to look at other options.

Don't know much about M'Vila but if signing him means Ramsey sees less game time, then I'm all for it.

Cripps_orig
04-05-2012, 10:39 AM
on Abou Diaby, who was on the bench at Stoke…
He is out. He has a calf problem. He will probably be out for the two games we have left.:haha:

Master Splinter
05-05-2012, 08:20 AM
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/898225-jan-vertonghen-drops-ajaxs-eredivisie-trophy-on-his-foot

Out for "2-3 weeks".

Syn
16-05-2012, 10:47 AM
http://news.arseblog.com/2012/05/wilshere-targets-july-9th-return/

“It’s been a frustrating year for me personally and I’m glad it’s over now so I can just concentrate on getting fit for pre-season and start again.

“To be honest with you, my ankle’s fine now and I was training towards the end of the season and looking forward to the Euros, then I had a couple of niggles and ran out of time.

“I got a few niggles, which is normal coming back from injury. I’m in everyday from 9am until 3pm trying to get fit for the start of pre-season.

“That’s the aim really, we’ll have to see how it goes and [hopefully] on the 9th July I’ll be training with the team.”

Cripps_orig
16-05-2012, 10:57 AM
He wont play til October

GP
16-05-2012, 10:58 AM
http://news.arseblog.com/2012/05/wilshere-targets-july-9th-return/

Always blame it on the damn niggles.

Syn
17-05-2012, 11:06 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wilshere-to-undergo-minor-knee-procedure

England international Jack Wilshere is continuing to recover very well from the injury to his right ankle which ruled him out of action for the 2011/12 season.

However, his ongoing rehabilitation has seen a long-standing slight issue with his patella tendon in his left knee flare up.

As a result, Jack will travel to Sweden for a minor procedure on his left knee in the next few days.This procedure is not expected to significantly affect Jack's comeback ahead of next season.

On returning to England, Jack will resume his rehabilitation with the Arsenal medical team over the summer.

Come on the Swedes. Sort him out. :pray:

Niall_Quinn
17-05-2012, 12:01 PM
So far we've seen Eduardo and Ramsey in the minus column after long term layoffs, RvP and (to a lesser degree) Theo in the plus column and Diaby in the obituary column. Fingers crossed for Jack, we need him badly and we need him to be playing at the levels we saw before this injury.

Syn
17-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Clichy in the plus column too. Pires? Think he came back slower from his injury but he was clever enough that it didn't matter.

-Xs-
21-05-2012, 04:14 AM
Rosicky had a good season too didn't he?

It's not a leg break ala Eduardo, Ramsey and Diaby, so I'm hoping Jack comes out of it unscathed.

Syn
22-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Rosicky had a #decent season indeed but I would say this is still well below what he was capable of. I'm trying to think of players who have gone through a long injury and still ended up fulfilling their potential. But we knew that going through with the Rosicky signing and he was on his way down from the early 00 days. I can't remember his contract situation but that might explain the low price we paid.

Jack Wilshere ‏@JackWilshere
I am going in tomorrow to get my knee done, you will be the first to know how it goes! Need some sleep now....night all!

Fuck off.

Syn
22-05-2012, 01:49 PM
From some Swedish sports journo working for The Guardian:

Jack Wilshere operated on today in Sweden. Surgeon not allowed to talk. Only said 'it went well'. 2-3 mths recov time. #AFC

He has died more times than Lenny Henry.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-05-2012, 02:12 PM
From some Swedish sports journo working for The Guardian:

He has died more times than Lenny Henry.

So he is out for the new season then.

Marc Overmars
22-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Sell him, he's dead.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-05-2012, 02:15 PM
We'llshare. :lol:

It could've been so good.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-05-2012, 02:20 PM
We'llshare. :lol:

It could've been so good.

People were right when they said he'd be the next RVP :lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
22-05-2012, 03:47 PM
What is it with us and injuries. . , was the stadium built on some ancient burial ground

Olivier's xmas twist
22-05-2012, 03:48 PM
What is it with us and injuries. . , was the stadium built on some ancient burial ground

On a spurd shirt more like.

LDG
13-08-2012, 03:58 PM
AOC withdrawn from the England squad
Koscielny withdrawn from the French squad
Arteta picked up a knock in training

It begins :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
13-08-2012, 04:04 PM
AOC withdrawn from the England squad
Koscielny withdrawn from the French squad
Arteta picked up a knock in training

It begins :bow:

or wenger has told them to have a man united international break injury

GP
13-08-2012, 04:50 PM
On a spurd shirt more like.

Oh, I though Charlie was back for a minute :(

Lord Nelson
14-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Here we go again!

Oxlade
Walcott
and Kos....

All injured and pulled out of their National teams!
:violin:

GP
14-08-2012, 01:57 PM
In the same way that Giggs was always injured, of course...

Cripps_orig
14-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Here we go again!

Oxlade
Walcott
and Kos....

All injured and pulled out of their National teams!
:violin:

As a great man once said

For most other players at other clubs, you'd think they are pulling out cos the season is starting this weekend.

With our players, you just get the feeling they are genuinely injured and out for the opener

LDG
14-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Apparently Theo has a "slightly brusied thigh" :lol:

Marc Overmars
14-08-2012, 04:25 PM
In other words, he has a little thigh.

Cripps_orig
14-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Better than having a little groin tbh

LDG
14-08-2012, 04:29 PM
In other words, he has a little thigh.

So Theo has a little thigh
Arteta has a little ankle
AOC also has a little ankle

And Letters has a little....*sniggers*

LDG
16-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Nothing seen on Arse.com regarding injuries from the internationals.

Hopefully a good squad to pick from on Saturday :pray:

Cripps_orig
06-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Frimpong is back soon

yay

LDG
06-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Vermaelen took a knock against the bin dippers.

GP
06-09-2012, 09:03 AM

Letters took a knock against the Number 19 double decker.

Cripps_orig
06-09-2012, 10:57 AM

Out for the season?

LDG
06-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Letters took a knock against the Number 19 double decker.

Silly old man :pal:

McNamara That Ghost...
06-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Bumbling idiot.

GP
06-09-2012, 12:19 PM

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 01:23 PM
on Abou Diaby (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/abou-diaby)…
He will have a test on Friday morning and we will go from there. At the moment he is 50:50. It is a small muscular problem that is very minor. But of course we are in the situation that, because we play so many games now, should we take a gamble or not with him? We are playing on Saturday, on Tuesday and then we go to Manchester City.

on the goalkeepers…
Lukasz Fabianski (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/lukasz-fabianski) is out with a shoulder problem. He has come back from Poland with a shoulder problem and Wojciech is perfectly fit and ready. He will be in the squad.

on any other injuries…
There are none from the international games. The only problem we have at the moment is that Theo Walcott (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/theo-walcott) is in bed with a virus. He missed the England game with a virus. He should be back today, so we will have to see how well he has recovered from that.

on Emmanuel Frimpong (http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players/emmanuel-frimpong)…
He is very close. He joins the squad again next week for complete, normal training. It is very good news because he is really fit and ready. He has worked very hard and we are amazed how good he looks at the moment.

on long-term absentees….
Wilshere is not far away. Sagna is not far away. At the moment the injured players look like they are recovering well. The main injuries are Frimpong who is recovering well, Wilshere is short-term, Sagna around two weeks and Rosicky around two to three weeks.

Keep Mannone in tbh

Syn
13-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Wilshere is not far away. Sagna is not far away. At the moment the injured players look like they are recovering well. The main injuries are Frimpong who is recovering well, Wilshere is short-term, Sagna around two weeks and Rosicky around two to three weeks.

and Rosicky around two to three weeks.

Rosicky around two to three weeks.

Rosicky

two to three weeks.

:ilt:

LDG
14-09-2012, 09:56 AM
:haha: :haha:

Syn
21-09-2012, 12:04 PM
on Rosicky and Sagna…
Sagna is one week away from full training, and Rosicky two.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
27-09-2012, 01:59 PM
verm back
sagna full training
dench full training
wheelchair full training
rosicky 2 weeks
chez 2/3 weeks

unconfirmed reports that chez has his foot in a brace so it could be another wheelchair situation.

Syn
27-09-2012, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=Wiltord's Winner;199520]

unconfirmed reports that chez has his foot in a brace so it could be another wheelchair situation.[/QUOTE
Called that the other day. Every season we have at least one crippled. Szczesny and Arteta will get shafted this year.

Cripps_orig
27-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Rosicky has been 2 weeks away for 3 weeks

Impressive

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
27-09-2012, 03:05 PM

Cripps_orig
17-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Arsenal's goalkeeper crisis deepened on Wednesday after Lukasz Fabianski was ruled out for three months with ruptured ankle ligaments, while Wojciech Szczesny suffered a setback in his return from an ankle injury.

Goal.com has learned that Fabianski suffered the injury in training on Tuesday, just as he was closing in on a first-team comeback.

Szczesny has been wearing a protective boot for around 10 days as he steps up his recovery from the ankle injury which has kept him out for month, but Goal.com understands that he is still two to three weeks away from a return to training.

It deepens Arsenal’s keeper injury crisis ahead of a glut of fixtures, beginning with Saturday’s Premier League trip to Norwich and next Wednesday’s crucial Champions League match against Schalke.

Fabianski has not played for Arsenal since their FA Cup elimination at the hands of Sunderland in February after struggling with shoulder injuries.

However, he remains Wenger’s second-choice keeper and, after working his way back to fitness, was set to be named in the squad for the meeting with the Canaries.

The latest setback for the luckless 27-year-old means that Vito Mannone, who began the season third in the pecking order, will continue in goal with Argentinian Damien Martinez and youngster James Shea serving as back-up.

Mannone has played in seven of Arsenal’s 10 matches this season, while Szczesny and Martinez have stood between the sticks in two and one games respectively.

Wenger may now be forced to reinforce his goalkeeping resources in the January window by adding some experienced back-up.

Fabianski, who has 20 caps for his country, joined Arsenal from Legia Warsaw five years ago but has struggled with injury and made only 62 first-team appearances.

After losing his No.1 status to compatriot Szczesny at the end of the 2011-12 season following an injury, he has failed to win it back and said he wanted to quit Emirates Stadium after figuring in just six matches last season.

Marc Overmars
17-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Out for the season then. :rose:

LDG
17-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Out for the season then. :rose:

Wenget curse. Lehmann got it, Almunia got it, and now poor Warchest Shezney

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-10-2012, 10:37 PM
at least wenger stocked up in the goalkeeping department over summer

Cripps_orig
18-10-2012, 11:07 PM
on Rosicky and Diaby...
Rosicky is still a few weeks away and Diaby as well.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Gervinho is out for three weeks.

server too busy!
01-11-2012, 12:11 PM
FFS no Shez or Gibbs for the manure game.

Mannone and Santos going to get a pasting.

Marc Overmars
01-11-2012, 01:24 PM
You can bet Fergie has instructed balls over the top for Valencia to chase.

Cripps_orig
01-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Dont care if Ches is fit or not but Gibbs will be missed

Niall_Quinn
01-11-2012, 01:52 PM
If Santos plays we obviously lose. Jenks and Sagna should start. Sagna can play the other side of the pitch whereas Santos will literally be playing for the other side.

IBK
01-11-2012, 02:08 PM
FFS no Shez or Gibbs for the manure game.

Mannone and Santos going to get a pasting.

Source?

LDG
01-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Source?

Wenget :(

http://www.arsenal.com/digest

Cripps_orig
02-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Ox picks up a new injury in training :lol:

Apparently he had gotten over his hip injury and was going to be in the squad for tomorrow but hes got a groin injury now

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-11-2012, 09:55 PM
fucking useless

comes on, runs into a player and gets injured

-Xs-
02-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Santos by himself isn't so bad as long as he has a bit of support from midfield, however, Santos with Ramsey on the left is a fucking disaster waiting to happen

Olivier's xmas twist
02-11-2012, 10:04 PM
fucking useless

comes on, runs into a player and gets injured

Disgusting how Wenger on the training pitch is treated on here.

Then again maybe not.

Injury Time
03-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Ox picks up a new injury in training :lol:

Apparently he had gotten over his hip injury and was going to be in the squad for tomorrow but hes got a groin injury now
let me guess we rushed him back to alleviate the pressure on giving Theo a contract to give options on the wing/ our medical staff are incapable of looking further than the localised area of injury :(

Grebbo
03-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Where the fuck are Diaby and Rosicky??!

Fucking useless douchebags. Just put those fuckers down already. Drown em in a sack.

Syn
03-11-2012, 10:37 PM
If somebody asked you in August to name 3 players that would be injured for Arsenal at any stage of the season, you'd say Gibbs, Diaby and Rosicky.

You have to write them off.

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2012, 10:47 PM
If somebody asked you in August to name 3 players that would be injured for Arsenal at any stage of the season, you'd say Gibbs, Diaby and Rosicky.

You have to write them off.

They will be like new signings. Many times this season.

LDG
28-11-2012, 09:59 AM
They will be like new signings. Many times this season.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/tomas-rosicky-back-in-training-pictures

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/498x367/nov_12/zp_157115511_SM_0089_1_9B2CEF8_9075.jpg?ic=c8b87aT

:bow:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-12-2012, 03:22 PM
on Abou Diaby's injury…
Slow progress. I cannot give you any fixed date because we are a bit in no man's land on that front. He is working. We are waiting for him to come back but he is not ready.

no man's land :haha:

Marc Overmars
14-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Diaby. :lol:

What's the point anymore?

Out for 3 months and counting all from taking a shot.

Cripps_orig
14-12-2012, 04:15 PM
No chance for the Xmas games either

Pointless player

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
27-12-2012, 12:08 AM
he's back for the new year apparently

not sure which one but hopefully before 2015

Injury Time
27-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Where the fuck are Diaby and Rosicky??!

Fucking useless douchebags. Just put those fuckers down already. Drown em in a sack.

Cripps_orig
27-12-2012, 09:03 PM
on the latest updates…
We should not have any new injuries from our last game. Giroud and Rosicky should be available again. They were sick at Wigan

on Abou Diaby and Andre Santos...
They should be coming back into training with the squad next week.

on the injury situation with only Fabianski out...
It is unusual, especially at this period of the season. It is down to the continuing good work we are doing behind the scenes at the Club. We hope that it continues because it is important to go into January with a full squad and we will be losing Gervinho to the Africa Cup of Nations.

Good work behind the scenes? :lol:

Özil's Panoramic View
27-12-2012, 09:32 PM
we will be losing Gervinho

No loss there, tbh. I wish that worthless git was never coming back.

Gervinho's Forehead
28-12-2012, 12:30 AM
No loss there, tbh. I wish that worthless git was never coming back.

LDG
09-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Diaby just played 65mins in the U-21 game, chipping in with an assist.....for Santos :wacko:

Lord Nelson
09-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Diaby just played 65mins in the U-21 game, chipping in with an assist.....for Santos :wacko:

All joking aside, it is great news to have Diaby back! He was outstanding at the beginning of the season! Mind you, most of the team looked good and turned out to be shite! :(

Grebbo
09-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Diaby will come back and play amazing for 2 games, play absolute shit for 5 games and then be injured for the rest of the season.

He'll do this for a few more years and will then retire, get old, and die.

Dicks and chicks
09-01-2013, 08:47 PM
is RYO still injured?

Lord Nelson
16-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Good work behind the scenes? :lol:

Rosicky is injured again! :rolleyes:

server too busy!
16-01-2013, 03:47 PM
The whole Rosicky thing sounds a bit odd, when he was fit he never played and then he suddenly disappears with an injury again. We've needed him for a number of games this season.

Lord Nelson
16-01-2013, 03:56 PM
The whole Rosicky thing sounds a bit odd, when he was fit he never played and then he suddenly disappears with an injury again. We've needed him for a number of games this season.

It is just a continuation of the CIRCUS THEY CALL ARSENAL FOOTBALL CLUB!

Injury Time
01-02-2013, 12:07 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21291222

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed that left-back Kieran Gibbs will miss both legs of the Champions League tie against Bayern Munich.

Gibbs was injured in midweek against Liverpool and had initially been ruled out for two to three weeks.

But Wenger says it could now be up to two months, leaving him a selection dilemma at left-back with new signing Nacho Monreal cup-tied for the games.

"I will not tell you who will play there," said Wenger.

With his options limited, Wenger could be forced to play the much-maligned Andre Santos in that position.

little bit champions league :ilt:

hymppi
02-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Aw might have been thinking to play Vermaelen there and Koz and Mert at the back. But now if Koz gets injured (he's limping on the pitch agaist Stoke) we're royally arse(ne)fucked.

Lord Nelson
07-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Aw might have been thinking to play Vermaelen there and Koz and Mert at the back. But now if Koz gets injured (he's limping on the pitch agaist Stoke) we're royally arse(ne)fucked.

Kos and Verm were injured on International Duty! :angry:

Squidd to play against Sunderland!!:rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Vermaelen wasn't involved for Belgium.

Lord Nelson
07-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Vermaelen wasn't involved for Belgium.

No, he was injured in training.....with Belgium!

McNamara That Ghost...
07-02-2013, 01:13 PM
I think he sat training out, probably already injured to begin with. Oh well.

Gooner23
07-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Makes the decision to send Djourou on loan, without a replacement lined up, strange.

Miquel over Squid please.

Lord Nelson
07-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Makes the decision to send Djourou on loan, without a replacement lined up, strange.

Miquel over Squid please.

Wenger should have bought in January! End of!!!:angry:

milla
08-02-2013, 10:01 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2274949/Tomas-Roscky-red-faced-diahorrea-forces-Czech-Republic-v-Turkey.html#axzz2KFSYFyoV

Out for 3 months? :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2013, 10:54 AM
He shits when it wants. :bow:

LDG
08-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Little, two bob, bit.

PGFC
12-03-2013, 10:04 AM
RIP Jack :rose: it was good whilst it lasted, little bit.

Injury Time
12-03-2013, 10:26 AM
RIP Jack :rose: it was good whilst it lasted, little bit.
Other ankle little bit.
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130312/jack-wilshere-ruled-out-three-weeks-new-injury-blow-193469

PGFC
12-03-2013, 10:58 AM
3 weeks? yeah right, they've already re-named the treatment room at London Colney the 'Wilshire Suite' as a memorial.

IBK
12-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Other ankle little bit.
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130312/jack-wilshere-ruled-out-three-weeks-new-injury-blow-193469

Personally, I don't see this as so bad in the circumstances - if it is really just 3 weeks. Firstly, AW was playing the boy into the ground - as per usual - and a break might not be such a bad thing. To me, he was looking a bit jaded. Second, it'll mean the return of Risicky (surely?), and the return of Cazorla to CM where he is far more effective. Third, with the internationals coming in this 3 week period, the timing isn't that bad.

dazthegooner
13-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Yep at least he can't get injured playing for England...

IBK
13-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Personally, I don't see this as so bad in the circumstances - if it is really just 3 weeks. Firstly, AW was playing the boy into the ground - as per usual - and a break might not be such a bad thing. To me, he was looking a bit jaded. Second, it'll mean the return of Risicky (surely?), and the return of Cazorla to CM where he is far more effective. Third, with the internationals coming in this 3 week period, the timing isn't that bad.

Hmmm - I see that it ain't 3 weeks...This p!sses me off because its obvious that the reason he's injured is that he has been overplayed. As much as I like Jack, I resent the hell out of Wumger for denuding our team to the extent that a 21 year old is the most (only) player we have with any backbone, and that we have to overplay a young player with much still to learn because we have no better alternatives. I resent him also because its clear that much of the manager's reasoning for leaving us so bereft of talent is because of his totally illogical belief that Diaby - a busted flush years ago - would become a key player for us.

The way that our manager has allowed our team to decline, while being paid 7M per year, inexcusable.

dazthegooner
13-03-2013, 12:06 PM
I think he'll be out for the rest of the season 3 Wenger weeks its actually 3 months!

IBK
13-03-2013, 12:10 PM
I think he'll be out for the rest of the season 3 Wenger weeks its actually 3 months!

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Season goes from bad to worse.

PGFC
22-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Theo's on his way back home broken, International duty stikes again :rolleyes:

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty reports: "Theo Walcott is expected to be out for around 10 days with the groin injury sustained on England duty. The problem is not believed to be too serious and he will now be assessed by Arsenal's medical team. There is a doubt over his involvement in Arsenal's next game at home to Reading but there is optimism there is no longer-term problem."

Grebbo
28-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Diaby's injured again

IBK
28-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Diaby's injured again

Sauce?

Cripps_orig
28-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Sauce?

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/team-news-wilshere-walcott-and-gibbs

on other injuries…
We have a little problem with Diaby but I cannot tell you more. But he is out for the weekend. Gibbs is sick and in bed. I don't know if he'll be involved or not. At the moment we don't know. We haven't seen him in the last three days.

Marc Overmars
28-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Diaby. :lol:

What's the point?

LDG
28-03-2013, 03:38 PM

"Gibbs? We don't know. We haven't seen him."

Oh, that's good then! :lol:

Marc Overmars
28-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Someone needs to find out what Messi and Ronaldo on to become immune to injuries. :ninja:

LDG
28-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Someone needs to find out what Messi and Ronaldo on to become immune to injuries. :ninja:

These are not the Roids you're looking for.

Özil's Panoramic View
28-03-2013, 03:47 PM

We don't even need to look that far; RvP post Arsenal should suffice.

Cripps_orig
28-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Ronaldo is just lucky

Messi is on drugs

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-03-2013, 04:14 PM
BBC is saying Diaby is out for 9 months with a knee ligament tear.

Infact, confirmed.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/diaby-ruled-out-for-eight-to-nine-months

That's a big "little problem".

LDG
28-03-2013, 04:21 PM

End of. No more please.

I feel sorry for him, but we're just wasting money.

Dennis Bendtner
Ahh that is so sad. :(

Cripps_orig
You can only laugh

LDG
28-03-2013, 04:30 PM
"Abou was one of the players I used at the start of the season and then he had to stop because of repetitive injuries. Maybe he was attracted by England and the money there. This probably did not force him to make all the necessary efforts to come back to his best level with us."

Former Auxerre manager Jacques Santini following the sale of Diaby

Dennis Bendtner
28-03-2013, 04:36 PM
It's not the same injuries he's getting is it? Ankle, cruciate, little thigh. All you could attribute to Diaby at some point. I feel really sorry for him as he's simply the most fragile player in the world. Any hard work he might have done to combat that - and he has, going by the reports - is just pissing in the wind. Now you'll have the nine months out, return to full training and then have the standard 'Diaby' injuries after that. I think he's one of our longest serving players. And he's one of those that Wenger really wanted to persist with to see him fulfill his potential, else he'd be long gone. Signed a contract in the middle of his best season in terms of appearances but barely seen since. Just sad for him tbh.

IBK
28-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Lost my patience with this fuck. he was unlucky with his original injury for us, but he ahs been rewarded hansomely for not playing, and has seen our team suffer from the manager keeping a place warm in midfield. He's over - can we buy a player now, please?

Xhaka Can’t
28-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Good, now he has plenty of time to negotiated another lucrative extension.

IBK
28-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Good, now he has plenty of time to negotiated another lucrative extension.

Genuine question. Have Arsenal been affected more by injuries to key elements of their team from a managers perspective more than anyone else? For years?

Xhaka Can’t
28-03-2013, 07:51 PM
There is an element of noticing the injuries of your own players more, but that is only an element...I can't think of a team that would not have been shot of players like Diaby years ago.

IBK
28-03-2013, 07:54 PM
There is an element of noticing the injuries of your own players more, but that is only an element...I can't think of a team that would not have been shot of players like Diaby years ago.

The truth is that Wenger is supportive of his players to the point of weakening his team. Loyalty yes - but any successful manager needs to be ruthless. Wenger favours certain player who are immune from this - and is happy to risk the success for his favourites. One of the ways he's weakened us.

Lord Nelson
04-04-2013, 01:44 PM
The truth is that Wenger is supportive of his players to the point of weakening his team. Loyalty yes - but any successful manager needs to be ruthless. Wenger favours certain player who are immune from this - and is happy to risk the success for his favourites. One of the ways he's weakened us.

It is on the Official Arsenal website that there is good news on Walcott and Wilshire:

"Both of them are running and have an outsie chance to be fit for the Norwich game"!!

WTF! Wallnut was only supposed to be out ten days!?
Our medical staff are a joke! ten days will turn into 2-3 weeks!

Wenger and the Medical Tem out!

milla
03-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Apparently Podolski has joined the crooked club and will have a surgery to fix it this summer.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/05/02/3946297/podolski-to-undergo-ankle-operation-in-the-summer?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_1

Injury Time
04-05-2013, 07:30 AM
Apparently Podolski has joined the crooked club and will have a surgery to fix it this summer.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/05/02/3946297/podolski-to-undergo-ankle-operation-in-the-summer?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_1
So we bought him crocked, no wonder we managed to swoop in and buy him so early :rolleyes:, awaits summer signing of someone in a coma that has "good heart and determination to play" <_<

Cripps_orig
13-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Wilshere to have ankle surgery

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Ah it's only to remove a pin, that's good.

When this season is done, see you next year Wheelchair. :wave:

Woy. :lol:

Hope he enjoyed the time he got to spend with him whilst he could.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-05-2013, 12:53 PM
we need to make special room for yaya

never played 5 consecutive games in a row :haha:

he'll have his own cushty seat and popcorn maker in this thread.

Injury Time
21-05-2013, 07:17 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22595079

100th injury of the season :haha:

I always thought he had stronger wrists...

Cripps_orig
11-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Vermaelen out of the Asian tour with an injury

Niall_Quinn
21-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Kos injured in training apparently.

Master Splinter
17-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Ox out for 3 months apparently.

milla
17-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Ox out for 3 months apparently.

Dont worry, Ramsey can play there for three months. :doh:

PGFC
28-08-2013, 07:07 AM
So, Pods is dead, Ramsey and Wheelchair are severely wounded and the NLD on Sunday, great :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Poldi out for eight to ten weeks. :rose:

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Boa Morte can play there.

Cripps_orig
29-08-2013, 11:07 AM
That's a long 21 days

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2013, 11:08 AM
That's a long 21 days

2 weeks = 15 months
3 weeks = ??? a long time

LDG
29-08-2013, 11:20 AM
2 weeks = 15 months
3 weeks = ??? a long time

Love you three weeks!

http://www.idateasia.com/seolanding/hot-keywords/ldp9/images/leftside_img.jpg

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Love you three weeks!

http://www.idateasia.com/seolanding/hot-keywords/ldp9/images/leftside_img.jpg

Show us your willie first!

milla
29-08-2013, 12:49 PM

LDG
29-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Show us your willie first!

:flash:

milla
29-08-2013, 02:13 PM
On a positive note, TV5 is due back with first team after international break next week. :coffee:

LDG
29-08-2013, 02:14 PM
On a positive note, TV5 is due back with first team after international break next week. :coffee:

If he can learn a bit of Flams, he's be a decent DM too.

Marc Overmars
03-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Podolski is out for 3 months. Hamstring tear is worse than thought. :banghead:

Rt. Hon. Basil Brush
12-09-2013, 01:35 AM
Wenger's press conf tomorrow should clarify some of these international injuries. Is Sanogo's serious, or not? Rosicky? Jack? FA said Theois ok.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Wheelchair and Theo are fine, Rosicky out unsurprisingly. No idea about Sanogo but he would only be bench ridden anyway.

Montyzuma
12-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Not to worried about Sanogo has the 1st touch of a pinball machine and Wheelchair shoud be rested.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-09-2013, 03:59 PM
You can get a lot of of points with a pinball machine.

Montyzuma
12-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Not if you keep missing the ball with your paddles.

milla
22-09-2013, 07:56 PM
From Wumger interview with BBC:

We hope we haven't lost Walcott for a long time. He has a muscular abdominal problem but I don't know how serious it is

What is the odd of Walcott will be out for 2-3 weeks :ilt:

:coffee:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Theo does get some creative injuries - damange to his posterior abdominal wall.

Theo Walcott will have a minor procedure on his abdomen in Germany on Wednesday which will keep him out of action until after the next international break.

The winger missed Sunday’s win over Stoke City after developing slight damage to his posterior abdominal wall. As a result, it has been decided that Theo should undergo the minor procedure, which will enable him to start his recovery immediately afterwards.

Speaking to Arsenal.com, Arsène Wenger said: “Theo will be out for a few weeks. He has developed some damage to his posterior abdominal wall. It's not a hernia, but it's a little structural problem in his abdomen.

"He will have the procedure in Germany on Wednesday and, because it’s so minor, we can begin his rehab immediately. We are pleased it’s being dealt with quickly and he shouldn’t miss too many Arsenal matches. But he will miss the forthcoming international matches with England.”

Everyone at Arsenal looks forward to seeing Theo back on the pitch soon after the international break.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/theo-set-for-minor-abdominal-procedure

Bumble
24-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Are front three options starting to look a bit limited with no Walcott cazorla and pod.

Bendtner to play right wing again?

milla
24-09-2013, 07:30 PM
on Tomas Rosicky...
Rosicky is the first back [of the injured players], but not in time for this week. Next week we will start to speak about that. He could come back in the squad for Sunday or Monday.

:title:

Dein-machine
25-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Are front three options starting to look a bit limited with no Walcott cazorla and pod.

Bendtner to play right wing again?

Afraid we're going to be very easy to play against without any pace out wide. Its going to "eye of the needle" stuff for the next few weeks - hope we defend well.

LDG
25-09-2013, 11:34 AM
"No.1 problem at the club"

Syn. Circa 1908

Marc Overmars
26-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Cazorla says he hopes to be fit in a week and play against West Brom next weekend.

Although with the international break after maybe Wenget will hold him back.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Think Rosicky is back next week too :popcorn:

milla
26-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Think Rosicky is back next week too :popcorn:

Rozza will be back for Napoli http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/team-news-who-s-fit-to-face-swansea-

:coffee:

Marc Overmars
27-09-2013, 08:48 AM
3-5 weeks on the sidelines now for Theo.

LDG
27-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Ramsby to have a fitness test :rolleyes:

milla
27-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Ramsby to have a fitness test :rolleyes:

He will be fine :coffee: