PDA

View Full Version : Injuries Thread :ilt:

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

GP
05-02-2016, 01:10 PM
Welbz is playing for the u21s right now.

LDG
01-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Ox out for 8 weeks.

:haha:

GP
01-03-2016, 10:30 AM
Good, he's shit.

Can Theo be injured as well please?

LDG
01-03-2016, 10:32 AM
Good, he's shit.

Can Theo be injured as well please?

We ought to tempt him with a fake contract renewal. He might start playing a bit.

Marc Overmars
01-03-2016, 10:38 AM
Oxlade. :wave:

Off you pop.

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2016, 11:58 AM
Jack Wilshere, too, continues to make slow progress in his fight to come back from the fractured fibula that has wrecked his season and he has effectively been ruled out until April, meaning he will miss the England internationals at the end of this month against Germany and Holland.

IBK
02-03-2016, 12:09 PM
Our injury situation is beyond a joke. And what's even funnier (gallows humour) is that MF/AMF is an area in which Wenger has seemed obsessively to hoard players - yet the one where we seem most lacking ATM.

Also - how the fuck can the likes of Sp*rs and Leicester seem to keen key players fit all season despite playing a full on, physical, pressing game? Is there something in Wenger's talk of doping in football?

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2016, 12:10 PM
Our injury situation is beyond a joke. And what's even funnier (gallows humour) is that MF/AMF is an area in which Wenger has seemed obsessively to hoard players - yet the one where we seem most lacking ATM.

Also - how the fuck can the likes of Sp*rs and Leicester seem to keen key players fit all season despite playing a full on, physical, pressing game? Is there something in Wenger's talk of doping in football?

Yes, he's a complete dope, no doubt.

Marc Overmars
02-03-2016, 12:32 PM

It's probably that his player fitness and maintenance methods have long been surpassed.

IBK
11-03-2016, 12:19 PM
Looks like Kano was right and Merts and Gabirel are OK, then. Plus Kossy back next week.

Marc Overmars
11-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Ramsey out for a month. :rolleyes:

fakeyank
11-03-2016, 04:09 PM

:dancingman:

GP
11-03-2016, 04:29 PM

International break is 2 weeks of that.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2016, 10:08 AM
Welbeck injures his knee training with England.

International breaks during the critical season run-in. Superb idea :bow:

Power n Glory
23-03-2016, 10:35 AM
We are screwed.

Marc Overmars
23-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Sounds like it's a reoccurrence of his knee problem. :rose:

Kano
23-03-2016, 11:05 AM
Wenger's careful use of him since returning makes more sense now. Whether playing for England or not, he would have been training during the week, which is where this happened, so he was obviously a concern in terms of a reoccurence.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2016, 11:15 AM
So the international break was an opportunity for him to get a rest in preparation for a critical run-in. Instead he is training for meaningless shitfest and now he's injured. Don't know why we can't manage to tell Woy to fuck off, like Fergie managed with so many international managers (regardless of what they thought or said).

1 down, how many more to go before we get back to real football?

Power n Glory
23-03-2016, 11:48 AM
We are screwed. I hope he tries something different upfront and doesn't go with Giroud again.

Kano
23-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Danny Welbeck’s ability to participate in a number of games in a short period of time remains a major concern for England before the European Championship after the Arsenal striker was restricted to light gym work at St George’s Park a little over three days after playing at Everton.

The decision to limit the striker’s involvement on Tuesday, when Roy Hodgson’s squad met at their training base in Burton to prepare for the friendlies against Germany and Holland, was taken after discussions with Arsenal’s medical staff as the player continues to work on his recovery from a knee problem.

Welbeck, who had initially been diagnosed with bruising on the bone after a game against Chelsea last April, was forced to undergo surgery on his left knee in September and ended up missing almost 10 months.

The 25-year-old, who earned his 33rd and most recent cap almost a year ago when scoring in a qualifying win over Lithuania, returned against Leicester City in mid-February, registering Arsenal’s stoppage-time winner at the Emirates. He has now scored four goals in nine matches, though he has not completed a full 90 minutes in any of those games and concerns remain as to whether he can play twice in a week.

England face three group games in nine days at Euro 2016, a relatively crammed schedule, and Welbeck must convince Hodgson over what remains of the domestic campaign that his availability will not be affected by his long lay-off.

Daniel Sturridge, who has had his own considerable fitness issues and has not played for his country since a friendly against Norway in September 2014, trained alongside Jamie Vardy, Harry Kane and Theo Walcott at St George’s Park.

Southampton’s Ryan Bertrand missed that session with an unspecified injury and will be assessed again on Wednesday to determine whether he can travel to Berlin. The captain Wayne Rooney, who is recovering from knee ligament damage, is due to visit the squad at Burton at some stage this week if his rehabilitation programme at Carrington permits. He will be in the stands at the game against Holland on Tuesday, but is not expected to be available to play again for another month.

While there is still hope Welbeck will be available for at least one of England’s fixtures, concerns linger over whether he will be able to play regularly at the finals. Arsène Wenger had said over the weekend that starting Welbeck in Barcelona on Wednesday and then at Goodison Park three days later had represented a risk.

“I had many hesitations to play him before the game because he is still not completely over his knee problem,” said the Arsenal manager. , who saw Welbeck score the opening goal at Everton. “We have to be cautious, but I pushed it because I knew this was now or never [for the team’s Premier League title bid]””
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/22/danny-welbeck-england-euro-2016-fitness-arsenal-roy-hodgson

fakeyank
23-03-2016, 03:07 PM
Meh..

Niall_Quinn
24-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Iwobi has recovered after getting food poisoning while on necessary and ever such a good idea and definitely not a complete waste of fucking time international duty.

He's been reported fit to get injured in Nigeria's very worthwhile African Nations qualifier against Egypt.

It's not like we have the crucial season run-in going on in the UK or anything, so glad our players are all over the world getting injured and poisoned - at least it gives them something to do.

Munchies
18-04-2016, 07:09 PM
Wilshere injured... yet again

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgWOBjUW4AAMwrG.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgWNow-WQAEb-qY.jpg

Niall_Quinn
18-04-2016, 07:14 PM
When did this happen?

Munchies
18-04-2016, 07:15 PM
When did this happen?

U-21 game

Nevermind, he's just scored !

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/722140516075315202

twitter :bow:

GP
18-04-2016, 07:17 PM
You need to stay off twitter mate.

Does weird shit to your brain.

Gooner23
18-04-2016, 07:19 PM
It's 99.99% bollox, steer well clear!

Kano
10-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Welbeck out for 3-5 months.

We should be getting him fit and selling the injury prone, non-striker striker.

But of course we won't. New contract no doubt.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-05-2016, 03:26 PM
No NO NO!!!!

Welbeck out for 9 months!!!

Kano
11-05-2016, 03:28 PM
What a useless piece of shit.

AFC Leveller
11-05-2016, 03:29 PM
This is incredible. How can a simple challenge (if you can call it that) put a strong well built guy out for 9 months? Its not like he had his leg broken by a horrible challenge! Cannot believe we suffer from these injuries all the time.

GP
11-05-2016, 03:38 PM

Kano
11-05-2016, 03:39 PM
He clearly was still suffering from something, which is why he was in and out of the team recently and we had to suffer Giroud. Players usually play with knocks and pains of some sort they manage so with him, if there was nothing on a scan or easily picked up by the physios, then it's always a risk after a long time out.

That said, this will just run and run. The guy is f'kd for good now.

Özim
11-05-2016, 03:42 PM
:lol: Just buy him out of his contract and get rid then spend money on a decent striker.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-05-2016, 03:43 PM
I'd happily keep him and buy a striker anyway, not fantastic in front of goal but we play better when he's in the team and he works his nuts off.

Özim
11-05-2016, 03:43 PM
This is incredible. How can a simple challenge (if you can call it that) put a strong well built guy out for 9 months? Its not like he had his leg broken by a horrible challenge! Cannot believe we suffer from these injuries all the time.

Let's face it, he was a weird buy noone really wanted, now he's out hopefully we can move him on and Wenger will be forced to buy someone (can't guarantee he'll be any good or won't be a crock though).

Özim
11-05-2016, 03:45 PM
I'd happily keep him and buy a striker anyway, not fantastic in front of goal but we play better when he's in the team and he works his nuts off.

Yeah he's Ok but we need better and if after 9 months out it will take him a while to get back, if he ever does, meanwhile we have to pay him and waste more resources.

High time we brought in some top quality up front to lead the line.

Kano
11-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Maybe as wide player but as a striker? No way. Working hard and being fast are secondary to putting the ball in the net. We should be able to buy someone that can provide all three.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-05-2016, 03:57 PM
Maybe as wide player but as a striker? No way. Working hard and being fast are secondary to putting the ball in the net. We should be able to buy someone that can provide all three.

I think arguably you need three strikers in a squad and I don't think Sanchez counts, you have your star striker who plays week in week out and you have your back up players in Giroud and Welbeck who can be rotated or used if we play two up top or as you say play Welbeck in a wide position.

Marc Overmars
11-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Welbz. :rose:

Pretty shit luck.

dostoy
11-05-2016, 04:03 PM
I just cannot believe this.

He must have been not 100 per cent fit anyway because he never played 90 minutes since he returned.

Wenger must now buy a striker surely, probably, maybe, possibly, no chance, its Wenger after all.

Seriously he has to and a top class central defender.

Özim
11-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Wouldn't put it past Wenger to sign noone up front, also wouldn't put it past him to sign some nobody from the French league, that's the thing about Wenger, you can't trust him to do the logical thing.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
11-05-2016, 06:26 PM
If the players got it, it won't matter what league he is from.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Let's face it, he was a weird buy noone really wanted, now he's out hopefully we can move him on and Wenger will be forced to buy someone (can't guarantee he'll be any good or won't be a crock though).

Jesus Zim, have a heart.

Kano
11-05-2016, 06:57 PM
Jesus Zim, have a heart.

Why, when there's so much misery to enjoy?

Power n Glory
11-05-2016, 08:01 PM
How many more crocks? Once again, Welbeck will miss out on a vital preseason.

Niall_Quinn
11-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Guess this means Giroud is staying, even as a backup. Let's spend £60mill on a striker, watch him get injured for the whole season in his first match and welcome Bif back for the remainder. Could even mean Theo sticks around.

I am invisible
12-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Got to fear for Danny's Arsenal career at this point - this massively forces the club's hand over buying a striker or two, and who knows how far down the pecking order he'll be by the time he returns? I can see it being the 2017/18 season before he's back to full fitness and sharpness, and that's if the surgery and rehab go perfectly. By then, he'll be a couple of months shy of 27 and entering his peak years, but in terms of his development he'll be closer to that of a player in his early-mid 20s. I guess we could see a van Cunnie-like late blossoming, so I'm not writing him off completely, but football can be a harsh mistress, and the game moves on quickly...

I am invisible
12-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Guess this means Giroud is staying, even as a backup. Let's spend £60mill on a striker, watch him get injured for the whole season in his first match and welcome Bif back for the remainder. Could even mean Theo sticks around.

I can see both of them handing in transfer requests and flouncing off in a huff, whatever the club decide - even though the criticism of them has been absolutely justified, they both look like increasingly sulky and pouty out there. Footballers live in their own little bubble, where nothing is ever their fault, and everyone else is always in the wrong. They won't see this as a case of themselves having played shit, and brought it on themselves - they'll think they've been massively hard done by, and will look for the easy way out...

Niall_Quinn
14-07-2016, 09:24 AM
Arsenal are sweating on the fitness of Alexis Sanchez ahead of the new season.
Sanchez suffered an ankle injury during the Copa America and has been receiving treatment on the injury during his summer break.
The Gunners are closely monitoring their star man's recovery but fear the Chile international could miss the start of the new campaign. The Gunners host Liverpool on August 14.

What an unexpected shocker! Is 'miss the start of the season', the usual reference to missing 3 months?

Marc Overmars
26-07-2016, 10:23 PM
WUMger confirms Merts is out "for a few months".

Niall_Quinn
01-08-2016, 10:53 PM
Jack Wilshere injury: Arsenal midfielder out for another week with slight patella problem, confirms Gunners boss Arsene Wenger.

Xhaka Can’t
01-08-2016, 11:34 PM
Santi set to miss start of the season

Niall_Quinn
01-08-2016, 11:45 PM
A solid start to the annual injury crisis.

Kano
10-08-2016, 04:56 PM
6-8 weeks out for Gabriel.

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2016, 07:18 PM
That's 3 seasons in real time.

adzzzbatch
14-08-2016, 05:15 PM
This thread will need updating when the extent of todays injuries are known :lol:

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2016, 05:16 PM
Good start though. Looks like we're into our stride quickly this season.

Goonermerree
18-08-2016, 11:20 AM
Is Gibbs injured, if not, why didn't he feature on Sunday?

Goonermerree
24-10-2016, 10:35 AM
When is Ramsey supposed to be back from injury?

fakeyank
24-10-2016, 02:18 PM
When is Ramsey supposed to be back from injury?

Ramsey is coming back next weekend (I believe). What is concerning to me however is that Santi is still out. I seriously hope that it is nothing serious! Been our best player this season.

Power n Glory
24-10-2016, 02:50 PM
Ramsey is coming back next weekend (I believe). What is concerning to me however is that Santi is still out. I seriously hope that it is nothing serious! Been our best player this season.

I'm filled with hope and dread. His return could help or hinder us.

Marc Overmars
24-10-2016, 03:27 PM
I'm filled with hope and dread. His return could help or hinder us.

I don't see where he fits in right now, think he's a good player but we're unlikely to see him excel for us.

selassie
24-10-2016, 03:33 PM

We need Santi back immediately, our season will tank without him. He's our best Midfielder by quite some distance and the level of creativity drops alarmingly when he's out. It's a worry...we need him back for PSG, Spuds and Man Utd.

Power n Glory
24-10-2016, 04:05 PM
We really should be able to cope without Santi. It's definitely alarming. We all know Ramsey and Coquelin won't work but Ramsey and Xhaka or Elneny is an option and if distribution is a problem, I'd be tempted to say we drop Ozil back to Santa's role because he's the only that comes close to be able to do what Santi does with the ball.

Goonermerree
24-10-2016, 06:53 PM
I can't believe how short Santi is. Compact but short.

selassie
25-10-2016, 08:58 AM
We really should be able to cope without Santi. It's definitely alarming. We all know Ramsey and Coquelin won't work but Ramsey and Xhaka or Elneny is an option and if distribution is a problem, I'd be tempted to say we drop Ozil back to Santa's role because he's the only that comes close to be able to do what Santi does with the ball.

Yep, I do think that Xhaka will go someway to solving the problem if Santi is out for a while. Ramsey to a lesser extent...though I still have major reservations about him as a CM.

Elneny/Coq are both good players but IMO both of them lack creativity and as such don't make for a great partnership, solid yes..but not creative enough.

Good shout on moving Ozil back, I did think that before Saturday's game.

selassie
25-10-2016, 08:58 AM
I don't see where he fits in right now, think he's a good player but we're unlikely to see him excel for us.

I agree, he's basically back up to Ozil IMO. He's not first choice here.

Kano
27-10-2016, 03:14 PM
November has started early.

Perez out for 6 weeks with ankle ligament damage :rose:

Marc Overmars
27-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Arsenal in November. :lol:

Grim.

The Emirates Gallactico
27-10-2016, 03:27 PM
November has started early.

Perez out for 6 weeks with ankle ligament damage :rose:

Really feel gutted for Perez as it was such a pointless tackle. Some no name Reading sub player who wanted to make a name for himself in the few minutes he was only, with a needless and completely unnecessary hack at Lucas with no chance at retreving the ball. Worst of all was that it wasn't even a yellow.

Just hope it doesn't go the same way as Diaby.

fakeyank
31-10-2016, 02:06 PM
Cazrola out for the game tomorrow. Hope he is not dead.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
31-10-2016, 02:14 PM
Cazrola out for the game tomorrow. Hope he is not dead.

that sounds ominous, why would you think he might be dead?.....is there something you're not telling people.

Kano
08-11-2016, 07:29 PM
Alexis has pulled out of Chile training with a calf tear.

Could miss Utd and PSG.

Still, we have Giroud who can play there...

Power n Glory
08-11-2016, 07:42 PM
Fuck!

Marc Overmars
08-11-2016, 07:58 PM
November. :rose:

Niall_Quinn
08-11-2016, 08:18 PM
The international breaks are really great. It's really worth it, paying a player £100K a week to play just so he can get injured in some fucking cunty non-entity of an international nothing match. The cunts who organise this definitely shouldn't be beaten to death.

adzzzbatch
09-11-2016, 06:43 PM
Bellerin has pulled out of the Spanish U21 side due to injury :ilt:

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2016, 07:10 PM
Bellerin has pulled out of the Spanish U21 side due to injury :ilt:

So that's Alexis and Bellerin down so far? These pointless International jollies are over-priced.

Marc Overmars
10-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Bellerin potentially out for a month.

:rose:

Kano
10-11-2016, 07:11 PM
Time for Jenx to step up :bow:

The Alexis injury isn't too clear at the moment, he says he's 'fine'.

Kano
10-11-2016, 08:47 PM
The Arsenal manager told beIN Sports: “I got a text last night [to say] that he has a hamstring injury. The team from Chile has travelled without him and they kept him to try and get him fit to play Uruguay for the second game on Tuesday night.

“I believe that with a hamstring injury we have to get access for our medical staff to the MRI scan to see what grade it is, how bad it is and make absolutely sure they don’t make any suicidal decision that could harm his future for two or three months.

“That is absolutely important. It’s a grey area between the national team and the club team and of course they look at their own results which I can understand but we have to preserve the health of Alexis Sánchez.

“He always wants to play and that’s where it is a more sensitive case because he’s always ready to play even when injured.”

They pay fuck all money and get to make the final call.

Gooner23
10-11-2016, 08:59 PM
I expect zero common sense from them as well.

It's going to be tough for Jenkinson to step into the bigger games. Maybe Mustafi moved to RB and Gabriel or Holding in? Either way it's a massive blow losing Hector.

Kano
10-11-2016, 09:04 PM
It doesn't help that Chile need to get some wins on the board with Argentina sitting right behind them in the table, so both he and the coach will be desperate to start.

selassie
14-11-2016, 03:07 PM
They are dropping like flies now, Cazorla, Bellerin and Sanchez could all miss this weekends game against United.

Power n Glory
14-11-2016, 03:24 PM
We're fucked.

selassie
14-11-2016, 04:21 PM
We're fucked.

Basically...yeah :(

AFC Leveller
14-11-2016, 07:18 PM
3 really important players for this game but tbh I have no hope for this game because we always find a way to lose there plus there is that cunt this season as well.

LDG
16-11-2016, 02:19 AM
Alexis scored two, and presumably came out unscathed, with Chile beating Uruguay 3-1

Goonermerree
16-11-2016, 09:03 AM
Alexis will probably be suffering from jet lag and a hamstring strain, I doubt he'll play on Saturday. Maybe he'll be on the bench.

Niall_Quinn
16-11-2016, 09:21 AM
Alexis scored two, and presumably came out unscathed, with Chile beating Uruguay 3-1

Hard to moan about a player who wants to play every game, who doesn't cry off as soon as the going gets tough. Then he goes and delivers. Again. Magnificent throwback to what football used to be about. I think we'll struggle to hang on to him.

fakeyank
16-11-2016, 02:32 PM
Alexis is a must play, if we want to have a semblance of a chance to get a point out of the game.

On a side note, what is Santi's injury? I dont remember him getting injured, and even when I heard about it, I thought it was a minor training knock but it seems like he has been out for more than a month now! :wacko:

fakeyank
01-12-2016, 05:29 PM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38173927

Season over for Santi and Arsenal :crying:

Marc Overmars
01-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Oh for fuck sake.

Kano
01-12-2016, 06:03 PM
Just read that too :rose:

topgun
01-12-2016, 06:10 PM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38173927

Season over for Santi and Arsenal :crying:

Yep we all know what that injury means.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-12-2016, 06:32 PM
Gutted. Unsure why this couldn't have been assessed weeks ago though.

LDG
01-12-2016, 07:24 PM
This kind of stuff never happens to us.

Couldn't have predicted it in a million years.

adzzzbatch
01-12-2016, 08:53 PM
No one ever could've seen this coming, ever.

Kano
01-12-2016, 10:35 PM
But Welbz is back in training :bow:

Kano
05-12-2016, 01:55 PM
Merts, Bellerin and Bif all back in training.

So only Santi is missing. Debuchy doesn't really count as he was dead anyway.

GP
05-12-2016, 02:01 PM
And Welbz

GP
23-12-2016, 11:33 AM
#Welback

Goonermerree
23-12-2016, 11:38 AM
No need to bother with the January transfer window then, be like new signings, especially Welbs.

AFC Leveller
05-01-2017, 10:02 AM
Coq out for a month.

Niall_Quinn
05-01-2017, 11:44 AM
Coq out for a month.

Great timing with Elneny on his travels. When is Santi back? Ever?

Power n Glory
05-01-2017, 12:28 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170105/team-news-coquelin-lucas-ozil-santi

Arsène Wenger has revealed the latest team news updates ahead of our FA Cup third-round clash against Preston North End at Deepdale.

The boss provided updates on Francis Coquelin, Mesut Ozil, Lucas and Santi Cazorla - and also revealed what squad he will take on Saturday.

Will Welbeck play against Preston?
Wenger on Alexis, Giroud and title race
'Everybody dies to win the FA Cup'
Wenger on his transfer window plans
Listen LIVE to our FA Cup tie at Preston

This is what he had to say:

on the team news…
Well, we might have a problem with Lucas because he injured his ankle and I have to see how he responds to that but that is the only problem we have from the game. Coming back, the closest is Walcott but he is still not ready, Gibbs will not be ready so I don’t think will be coming back into the squad.

on Coquelin…
He is out for three or four weeks now, it is his hamstring. I say three or four weeks because it is a hamstring and he came off, but maybe we will have good news. He will have a scan today, but I always count three weeks.

on Ozil…
He is coming in today, and will be assessed by the doctor but he has been in bed for two weeks so I cannot imagine I will involve him on Saturday. It is flu, a throat infection - I don’t know exactly.

on the squad he will take…
We will play with 90 per cent of the squad, I will rest Koscielny because he came off with fatigue, of course Ospina will play, maybe Alexis I will rest certainly, but the rest will play.

on Santi's recovery…
At the moment, he is far [from returning]. It’s not going as quickly as I imagined it, so certainly in January he will not come back.

on whether it'll now be more than three months before he returns…
It could be a bit longer. At the moment I don’t really know, but I just have a schedule that he is not planned at the moment to go outside and run. I think once a player goes outside and runs without any problems, you come six weeks. At the moment he has not been out so that’s why I say in January he will certainly not play.

on whether that is a frustration for him…
It is because he’s such a great player and as well because he has started the season in such a tremendous way. He was the dominating player in our squad at the start of the season and we suddenly lost him.

Niall_Quinn
05-01-2017, 01:26 PM
Ozil has been in bed for 2 weeks?

Not a chance. Don't know what's going on there but it's suspicious as hell.

GP
05-01-2017, 02:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9omqVDu.jpg

Power n Glory
05-01-2017, 03:08 PM
Ozil has been in bed for 2 weeks?

Not a chance. Don't know what's going on there but it's suspicious as hell.

Of course. :lol: Last times Wenger said he hadn't seen him for a week and now he's saying he's been in bed for two weeks. But he played on the 26th. :sarcy:

Then Wenger is fuzzy on what's wrong with him. Flu? A throat infections? He doesn't know exactly. :lol: Sounds dodgy.

Now up pops Mesut on Instragram to let the world know he's back in training. Very suspicious. He knows it looks bad.

fakeyank
05-01-2017, 03:45 PM
I wonder whats wrong with Santi.. he is who we need to remotely salvage this season. My favorite player too. :(

Marc Overmars
05-01-2017, 04:18 PM
We probably need to start thinking about life without Old Man Santi.

GP
05-01-2017, 04:29 PM
He's not the only old man who needs to be moved on amirite?

Niall_Quinn
14-01-2017, 03:53 PM
Arsene Wenger fears Santi Cazorla could miss the rest of the season after undergoing a second procedure to repair his achilles tendon.

Niall_Quinn
23-02-2017, 12:34 AM
Spanish midfielder Santi Cazorla has now been ruled out for the season with a long-term ankle injury.

Cazorla hasn't played since October due to the problem and had surgery to cure his achilles tendon injury last month.

He was expected to be out until March, but the influential Spaniard suffered a setback in his recovery that caused him to require an additional operation.

Wonder if he'll play for the club again?

Marc Overmars
23-02-2017, 07:45 AM
He's probably the only player along with Alexis that we have no alternative for.

Unique.

:(

Gooner23
23-02-2017, 08:04 AM
Big job trying to find an adequate replacement for him as not one of our other centre-mids comes close in my opinion.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Santi. :(

selassie
23-02-2017, 09:16 AM
Wonder if he'll play for the club again?

He'll probably take on a similar role to Merts getting paid 100k per week to be a cheerleader/motivator in the dressing room.

Niall_Quinn
23-02-2017, 10:04 AM
I think he'll go back to Spain in the summer and mysteriously manage to play a season without injury.

AFC Leveller
23-02-2017, 05:29 PM
I think he'll go back to Spain in the summer and mysteriously manage to play a season without injury.

He was meant to be out for "days" last year and now he's dead.

Jack showed he can stay fit and play every week at Bournemouth so I won't be surprised if Santi leaves and manages to stay fit. Great player though and one of the few players we have who passes it forward and makes things happen.

AFC Leveller
23-02-2017, 05:45 PM
Elnenny out for 3 weeks.

See you next season Mo.

Marc Overmars
04-07-2017, 10:10 AM
Apparently Cazorla is expected to miss the majority of next season.

Poor old Santi, time to hang up the boots I reckon.

Niall_Quinn
05-07-2017, 11:56 PM
Apparently Cazorla is expected to miss the majority of next season.

Poor old Santi, time to hang up the boots I reckon.

Reports are saying he's almost back to full fitness??? Where did you hear he was fucked up again?

Not that he won't be injured for the rest of the season after his first game back anyway, whenever that is.

Marc Overmars
06-07-2017, 07:28 AM
In one of the rags from yesterday. Probably rubbish but I don't think he was expected to return until winter at the earliest anyway.

Niall_Quinn
06-07-2017, 07:36 AM
what's Diaby's record? Any chance Santi can break it before he retires?

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-08-2017, 08:09 PM
Looks like Koscielny may well have hurt his ankle/achilles.

At least you didn't sell Mustafi.

Saying that, he stayed on so maybe he's ok. Looked nasty.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2017, 08:19 PM
Looks like Koscielny may well have hurt his ankle/achilles.

At least you didn't sell Mustafi.

Saying that, he stayed on so maybe he's ok. Looked nasty.

Fucking French wanker of a manager, and I hate Dechamps too. He would have left him on if his leg was hanging off.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-09-2017, 05:05 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41324574

So with a bit of luck and a fair wind he will be like a new signing for us at the start of next season

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2017, 05:35 PM
Must be bad. They usually say 2 weeks for season long injuries. And he still has to have his little bit setback and feel his little bit twinge.

Marc Overmars
12-10-2017, 11:52 AM
Mustafi out for 6 weeks with a hamstring strain. :lol:

Özim
12-10-2017, 12:14 PM

Don't worry we planned for every eventuality by signing no central defenders last summer, despite having an injury prone Koscielny, an ageing Mertersacker retiring at the end of the season add an average Chambers that we don't even rate. Clever.

Niall_Quinn
12-10-2017, 01:48 PM

SIX weeks? That's 3 seasons isn't it? In Arsenal time.

AFC Leveller
03-11-2017, 09:17 AM
Marca's cover with a story about Cazorla's ankle. Two years out, 8 surgeries and a wound infection that meant he may have lost his foot. Photo shows the skin graft he had to have taken from his arm.

The Arsenal player has his family in London, he lives alone in Salamanca looking for a miracle, he lost 8cm of his tendon, got gangrene in his heel. He dreams to be back in January.

“The doctor told me if I was able to walk with my kid on the garden I should be thankful”.

AFC Leveller
03-11-2017, 09:17 AM
https://www.facebook.com/afcbanter/posts/885857114904654

Marc Overmars
03-11-2017, 11:47 AM
Boy do we miss him. Those quick feet in tight areas that allowed us to transition from defence into attack so smoothly. We don't have another player in the squad who even comes close to doing what he did.

He was so important I think we might have got a little bit closer to Leicester the other year had he not got injured before Christmas and missed the rest of the season.

Cripps
03-11-2017, 11:53 AM
When is welbeck back?

Niall_Quinn
06-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Jack has injured himself ice skating - apparently :doh:

That's the end of his skiing, bungee jumping and parachuting night out in Friday :doh:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-12-2017, 04:09 PM
Jack has injured himself ice skating - apparently :doh:

That's the end of his skiing, bungee jumping and parachuting night out in Friday :doh:

Ice Skating??? :haha:

Cripps
06-12-2017, 04:26 PM
Ice skating:lol:

Isn't that for women and gays :lol:

Power n Glory
06-12-2017, 04:31 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5151747/Arsene-Wenger-says-Jack-Wilshere-ice-skating-not-ideal.html

He was ice skating with his family and he's fine. It's a joke.

Wenger can piss off with his comments. It's not as if Jack is getting regular games or even a new contract with Arsenal. Let him have fun with his family.

Cripps
06-12-2017, 04:35 PM
Can't work out whether his bird is really hot or really average.

Niall_Quinn
06-12-2017, 05:09 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5151747/Arsene-Wenger-says-Jack-Wilshere-ice-skating-not-ideal.html

He was ice skating with his family and he's fine. It's a joke.

Wenger can piss off with his comments. It's not as if Jack is getting regular games or even a new contract with Arsenal. Let him have fun with his family.

Early reports said he'd been injured. Must have been fake news.

I reckon £80kpw is endless fun for all the family.

The twat shouldn't be ice skating, should he? Not with his injury record. He should be sitting home, packed in bubble wrap.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-08-2018, 08:10 AM
Kolasinac is dead for two months+. :doh:

Mac76
31-08-2018, 10:56 PM
Update on the website:

Injuries

Sead Kolasinac
Left knee injury. Aiming to return to training in October.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles
Small fracture to left fibula. Aiming to return to training in November.

Carl Jenkinson
Significant sprain to right ankle. Aiming to return to training in October/November.

Laurent Koscielny
Right Achilles tendon repair. Aiming to return to training in November.

Return to training in October/November - i guess means we're not going to see them in action until late December/January right?

GP
24-12-2018, 02:49 PM
Mkhi out for 6 weeks with a broken foot.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-12-2018, 02:55 PM
Our players are made out of glass again.

SMatthews
24-12-2018, 04:16 PM
No doubt much of this is a result of our new style of play. Liverpool’s injury list during 15/16 when Klopp arrived was ridiculous.

SMatthews
21-01-2019, 04:44 PM
Bellerin believed to have done his lateral ligament, rather than his cruciate. Up to 10 months out is the estimate from some medical people.

We won't buy or loan during this window, so we're left with either AMN, Jenkinson, Lichtsteiner or Mustafi.

Definitely need to buy in the summer.

Marc Overmars
21-01-2019, 04:58 PM
Holding, Welbeck and now Bellerin all with season ending injuries. Unbelievable.

Bellerin is a massive loss though. He's one of the few players we have that could have made the difference in getting 4th or not.

SMatthews
21-01-2019, 09:56 PM
Seems they were wrong. Ruptured cruciate. Out for season and probably start of next.

Mac76
21-01-2019, 10:19 PM
Really really bad news... :faint:

Marc Overmars
21-01-2019, 10:34 PM
Horrible injury particuarly for players who rely a lot on pace.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2019, 04:26 AM
Worst injury it could have been.

All in all: Fuck

Marc Overmars
22-01-2019, 10:16 AM
Steiner playing every week. :sick:

We might as well use Jenkinson, better than paying him to sit around and do sod all.

GP
22-01-2019, 10:49 AM
AMN will probably play right back.

SMatthews
26-01-2019, 02:53 PM
Sokratis is apparently not too bad according to Emery. Nothing on Kos.

Biggest concern is Mustafi is still fit.

Mac76
26-01-2019, 02:57 PM
And we're at Man City in a week's time :crying:

McNamara That Ghost...
27-01-2019, 03:38 PM
Sokratis back in training in a month's time.

Fuck sake.

Koscielny being reviewed on a daily basis - not sure what that means really. I presume they mean he might be able to play otherwise it's a pointless update.

SMatthews
29-04-2019, 06:40 PM
Most pointless news of the season: Suarez is out injured for the rest of the season.

dazthegooner
02-01-2020, 04:50 PM
Chambers out for 9 months :( https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11899891/calum-chambers-arsenal-defender-out-for-up-to-nine-months-with-acl-injury

Marc Overmars
02-01-2020, 06:12 PM
Another bloody ACL. :rose:

Marc Overmars
26-02-2020, 04:22 PM
Kola has done his shoulder in. What the the odds both left backs suffer the same injury? :lol:

Though it means we’ll be seeing a lot more of Saka, at least.

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2020, 07:21 PM
Kola has done his shoulder in. What the the odds both left backs suffer the same injury? :lol:

Though it means we’ll be seeing a lot more of Saka, at least.

At Arsenal? Odds are as close to 100% as makes no odds. Saka needs to protect his shoulder.

Marc Overmars
05-03-2020, 12:27 PM
Torreira has a fractured ankle. :rose:

Mac76
05-03-2020, 04:19 PM
hmm, now which one of us was it that said we shouldn't risk our better players in the Portsmouth game... :shrug: :sarcy:

fakeyank
05-03-2020, 09:52 PM
hmm, now which one of us was it that said we shouldn't risk our better players in the Portsmouth game... :shrug: :sarcy:

We have only 3 'better players'- Auba, Saka and Leno. Rest are all dispensible.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-03-2020, 08:31 AM
Injuries happen.

Mac76
06-03-2020, 09:07 AM
but they're more likely to happen if you put good players into a match against lower-league cloggers

McNamara That Ghost...
06-03-2020, 01:58 PM
but they're more likely to happen if you put good players into a match against lower-league cloggers

We play cloggers every week!

Mac76
06-03-2020, 03:42 PM
IKR, but at least they're cloggers in PL games :lol:

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2020, 10:41 PM
We play cloggers every week!

Arteta keeps picking them for some reason.

GP
16-11-2020, 08:38 PM
Elneny has tested positive for Covid.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-11-2020, 10:30 PM
All Salah's fault.

Marc Overmars
29-09-2022, 11:12 AM
ESR has had surgery on a damaged groin tendon. Out for 3 months.

Feels like this has been long overdue.

HCZ_Reborn
29-09-2022, 11:16 AM

What a pity, maybe we are now seeing the logic behind Arteta signing a third CAM….maybe the plan is to sell ESR in January. That would absolutely meet with my approval

mandela8
29-09-2022, 12:05 PM

Shame for the boy, that.

Really does cause a problem over the period between now and the WC as there's 2 games every week and arsenal have lost the only real direct replacement for their weakest position (in terms of cover and ability).

May see Viera a lot more in wide positions...or much more of Nelson and Marquinhos than anyone was really expecting.

Marc Overmars
29-09-2022, 01:18 PM
Wouldn’t mind Marquinhos getting some more game time tbh. Didn’t harm Martinelli when he was that age and became part of the first team set up.

Feels like Nelson has been around forever and has no real future with us unless something dramatic changes.

Mac76
29-09-2022, 04:28 PM
Wouldn’t mind Marquinhos getting some more game time tbh. Didn’t harm Martinelli when he was that age and became part of the first team set up.

Feels like Nelson has been around forever and has no real future with us unless something dramatic changes.

agree with Marquinhos, Nelson's never been given a run in the team tbf, a bit of me thinks he could still come good but after all this time maybe he does need a new start for the sake of his own career - it's a shame though as he was such an exciting talent for the under-21s

mandela8
29-09-2022, 07:00 PM
Nelson can't be any less effective than Saka, tbf

IBK
25-01-2023, 04:30 PM
I see that that we currently only have 3 players out injured - Jesus; Nelson and Elneny (knock). Jesus got injured playing for Brazil, not us.

Our only competitor with fewer injuries is Citeh (Spurs and Fulham have 2 injuries) - the team that plays most like Arsenal.

Is it a coincidence, or is it reflective of a better training/fitness regime (after all Arteta is a Guardiola protege) or the way we play?

HCZ_Reborn
25-01-2023, 04:58 PM
I see that that we currently only have 3 players out injured - Jesus; Nelson and Elneny (knock). Jesus got injured playing for Brazil, not us.

Our only competitor with fewer injuries is Citeh (Spurs and Fulham have 2 injuries) - the team that plays most like Arsenal.

Is it a coincidence, or is it reflective of a better training/fitness regime (after all Arteta is a Guardiola protege) or the way we play?

I think the only sensible and honest answer to give to that question is don’t know

I didn’t even know Elneny was injured. Makes the case for signing another midfielder in January that much stronger I think

WMUG
25-01-2023, 05:18 PM
I reckon dropping Wenger's policy of randomly attacking players with hammers might have been a shrewd move.

HCZ_Reborn
25-01-2023, 05:20 PM
I reckon dropping Wenger's policy of randomly attacking players with hammers might have been a shrewd move.

Shrewd but it’s a sad day for people who found it funny as fuck

Letters
25-01-2023, 05:22 PM

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION WENGER'S METHODS!! :fury:

More seriously, I dunno. Suspect there's a fair bit of luck involved but maybe some methods have changed which are causing fewer injuries.

IBK
25-01-2023, 05:36 PM
HOW DARE YOU QUESTION WENGER'S METHODS!! :fury:

More seriously, I dunno. Suspect there's a fair bit of luck involved but maybe some methods have changed which are causing fewer injuries.

It's actually quite surprising that our injury list is limited, given our concerns about playing the same or similar 1st 11 in every game. My instinct says that our luck can't hold - particularly when the Europa league kicks back in - although we did have a large number of players at the WC. Injuries to Eddie and Partey frighten me most at present...

Mac76
25-01-2023, 05:39 PM
I think the only sensible and honest answer to give to that question is don’t know

I didn’t even know Elneny was injured. Makes the case for signing another midfielder in January that much stronger I think

The Elneny one is around the time of the Spuds game I think, he was injured in training/warmup

Agree it adds to the case for shoring up, we really don't want to have to rely on Lokonga...

HCZ_Reborn
25-01-2023, 05:59 PM
Reminded of when I posted on 606 offering people money to push Pascal Cygan down a flight of concrete steps. Now days I’d have the police round

Letters
25-01-2023, 06:03 PM
It's actually quite surprising that our injury list is limited, given our concerns about playing the same or similar 1st 11 in every game. My instinct says that our luck can't hold - particularly when the Europa league kicks back in - although we did have a large number of players at the WC. Injuries to Eddie and Partey frighten me most at present...
I do think a lot of it is luck and agree it probably won’t hold.
That said, they are a young squad and that’s got to help.
My main injury worries are Partey or Saka.

Marc Overmars
25-01-2023, 06:42 PM
Bit of luck but also I’d imagine the training methods have drastically moved on since Wenger.

We had a lot of injuries at the back end of last season though, so let’s not read too much into it just yet!

Mac76
25-01-2023, 06:51 PM
Cazorla's story says it all about our former injury treatment regime and how bad it was - we nearly wrote him off for good but he went to Spain and they got him playing again

fakeyank
25-01-2023, 07:46 PM
We have 19 more PL games and potentially another 19 or so games in Europa and FA cup (if we are to progress till the later rounds). Lets not count our non-injured chickens yet. We have plenty of time to "Arsenal it all up".

Plus, I will be flying into London in March. Looking for tickets to remove the injury juju :pray:

Letters
26-01-2023, 09:09 AM
Plus, I will be flying into London in March. Looking for tickets to remove the injury juju :pray:
Stay.
The fuck.
Away from The Emirates :good:

:threaten:

Xhaka Can’t
26-01-2023, 10:37 PM
The last time you were here, we lost and I got Covid.

You can fuck the fuck off

LDG
27-01-2023, 12:00 AM
Every time he comes over shit happens.

Brexit, Cost of Living Crisis, Ukraine War…he wasn’t here, but the threat of him coming here…

He makes markets plunge

He makes Arsenal plunge

He used to chase UK clunge

Mac76
28-01-2023, 12:53 PM
We all need to be praying the Partey situation is ok and either way we need to get another DM in what's lft in the window - Caicedo looks gone but hopefully we have other go-to targets

HCZ_Reborn
28-01-2023, 05:05 PM
We all need to be praying the Partey situation is ok and either way we need to get another DM in what's lft in the window - Caicedo looks gone but hopefully we have other go-to targets

Partey’s scan showed no serious issue and he should be fit to play Everton next Saturday

Mac76
28-01-2023, 10:12 PM
That's a relief - btw Lokonga's toast judging by the accounts of how pissed off Arteta and Odegaard were with his performance

fakeyank
29-01-2023, 07:52 AM
Every time he comes over shit happens.

Brexit, Cost of Living Crisis, Ukraine War…he wasn’t here, but the threat of him coming here…

He makes markets plunge

He makes Arsenal plunge

He used to chase UK clunge

fakeyank
29-01-2023, 07:53 AM
The last time you were here, we lost and I got Covid.

You can fuck the fuck off

Adzz gave you covid tbf.. :lol:

HCZ_Reborn
28-02-2023, 10:43 AM
Jesus scheduled to return by March 19th a full three weeks before the time of biblical resurrection

Marc Overmars
28-02-2023, 11:11 AM
Good to get him back before April’s death run of games.

Mac76
28-09-2023, 03:45 PM
Not sure it's been mentioned on here yet, but Saka is a doubt for the weekend with an ankle injury, which was evident towards the end of the Spuds match

I think Arteta should leave him at home for the Bournemouth game and allow him some recovery time, even with the other injuries we should have more than enough to win there without him

HCZ_Reborn
28-09-2023, 03:52 PM
Not sure it's been mentioned on here yet, but Saka is a doubt for the weekend with an ankle injury, which was evident towards the end of the Spuds match

I think Arteta should leave him at home for the Bournemouth game and allow him some recovery time, even with the other injuries we should have more than enough to win there without him

Yes I would agree

HCZ_Reborn
05-10-2023, 02:30 PM
Saka called up to England squad, subject to whether we ruin him in the City game or not presumably :haha:

HCZ_Reborn
27-10-2023, 12:58 PM
Jesus and Partey out for next few weeks, with Newcastle on the horizon we could do without that

I do agree with Mac for once that this demonstrates Partey’s unreliability…he’s literally come back from one injury and played fifteen minutes of football. However I still think for financial reasons it wasn’t possible for us to replace him with a like for like player.