PDA

View Full Version : The Arsenal v Liverpool, Sunday 4 Feb, 4.30pm, Emirates Stadium

Mac76
03-02-2024, 01:55 PM
I feel like we will be better than in the FAC game and I'd hope/expect it to be closer although 'pool do seem to be firing again and that's without Salah

Though at least we don't have the embarrassing spectacle of seeing Salah roast Zin (sorry I've lost count) to look forward to

Really hope he starts ESR again, I only saw highlights from the Forest game but it looked like he was really getting involved well in our attacking play

Still, 0-3 Jota hatter

Marc Overmars
03-02-2024, 04:29 PM
If we lose it’s almost certainly over as far as a title challenge goes. A win and it’s game on while a draw isn’t the end of the world.

Letters
03-02-2024, 07:35 PM
If we lose it’s almost certainly over as far as a title challenge goes.
Aye. Which makes me think we probably won’t lose. They tend to like throwing us crumbs of hope before later dashing them.

HCZ_Reborn
04-02-2024, 03:37 PM
More or less same team that played in the fa cup four weeks ago, Havertz up front (no Jesus). Raya instead of Ramsdale, Jorginho in for Smith Rowe and Martinelli in for Nelson.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2024, 03:45 PM
We just can't keep Jesus regularly fit.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2024, 04:27 PM
Arsenal: Raya, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Jorginho, Rice, Odegaard, Saka, Havertz, Martinelli.
Subs: Ramsdale, Smith Rowe, Nketiah, Kiwior, Soares, Trossard, Nelson, Elneny, Walters.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Gomez, Mac Allister, Gravenberch, Jones, Gakpo, Jota, Diaz.
Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Thiago, Nunez, Elliott, Robertson, Clark, McConnell, Quansah.

dostoy
04-02-2024, 04:29 PM
What is wrong with Jesus ?

I thought it would have been Trossard up front instead of Havertz.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2024, 04:31 PM
I'm guessing we'll play Cody Rhodes' theme song at half time.

And really that's the only thing I am looking forward to.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2024, 04:42 PM
Oh Saka.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2024, 04:45 PM
SAKA!!!!

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2024, 05:00 PM
Arturo Loopily. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2024, 05:19 PM
1-1. Oh no.

Marc Overmars
04-02-2024, 05:19 PM
1-1

Pathetic :haha:

Marc Overmars
04-02-2024, 05:20 PM
Dominated the game but Arsenal are going to Arsenal.

Letters
04-02-2024, 05:21 PM
:lol: what a ridiculous way to concede an equaliser!

Mac76
04-02-2024, 05:22 PM
That equaliser was utter shite ffs

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2024, 05:22 PM
Gabriel slapped it in. :doh:

dazthegooner
04-02-2024, 05:34 PM
Should have awarded Liverpool a penalty then , let them score there own bloody goals... <_<

Marc Overmars
04-02-2024, 05:38 PM
Liverpool already look a million times better than the first half.

We really fucked that up.

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-02-2024, 05:57 PM
:haha:

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2024, 05:58 PM
MARTINELLI!!!

Liverpool give us the goal back. :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2024, 06:05 PM
Martinelli off, Trossard on.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2024, 06:07 PM
Good effort from Mac Allister.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2024, 06:09 PM
Saka off, Nelson on.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2024, 06:15 PM
Oh Kiwior.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2024, 06:18 PM
Konate sent off!

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2024, 06:21 PM
Seven added minutes. :rose:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2024, 06:22 PM
TROSSARD!!!! COME ON!!!!

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2024, 06:28 PM
Arsenal 3-1 Liverpool, FT!!! WOOOO!

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-02-2024, 06:30 PM
The result situation has developed not necessarily to Liverpool's advantage.

WMUG
04-02-2024, 06:31 PM
:haha:

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

:pal:

Marc Overmars
04-02-2024, 06:33 PM
What a win!!

Well deserved too despite the slice of luck involved. We didn’t let that silly goal conceded spoil the effort we put into that.

Jorginho is definitely the best option in the middle with Rice for the time being.

Letters
04-02-2024, 06:36 PM
The old “build up their hopes before crushing them later” gambit!

But I’ll take it.

Throwing in goals :bow:

HCZ_Reborn
04-02-2024, 06:40 PM
I said to my brother, if we score first we win as simple as that. The most confident I’ve been of a prediction in some time. In my view we are a better side than them, we were better than them at Anfield…they have more strength in depth but our first team trumps theirs.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
04-02-2024, 06:43 PM
What a win!!

Well deserved too despite the slice of luck involved. We didn’t let that silly goal conceded spoil the effort we put into that.

Jorginho is definitely the best option in the middle with Rice for the time being.

I pointed this out several games back.

Anyway a deserved win, missed a a few of our games as I am still annoyed we didn't even try to get a striker, but a nice way to be welcomed back.

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-02-2024, 06:45 PM
:pal:

I know. I really need to upgrade my phone.

Marc Overmars
04-02-2024, 06:48 PM
4 points off Liverpool and 3 off City with a visit to the Etihad to come. We’re definitely potential title winners when you look at our big game results but it’s hard to believe there won’t be more stale performances to come where we struggle with low blocks and wasting chances.

HCZ_Reborn
04-02-2024, 06:56 PM
I pointed this out several games back.

Anyway a deserved win, missed a a few of our games as I am still annoyed we didn't even try to get a striker, but a nice way to be welcomed back.

Havertz also the best option up front imho, Konate got himself sent off trying to deal with him. Van Dijk got beasted by Martinelli and Saka.

Marc Overmars
04-02-2024, 07:09 PM
Was also really great to see Martinelli back at his electric best. Opens up a new dimension for us up front if he’s consistently running at his opponents rather than taking too many touches and cutting inside.

Letters
04-02-2024, 07:09 PM
4 points off Liverpool and 3 off City with a visit to the Etihad to come. We’re definitely potential title winners when you look at our big game results but it’s hard to believe there won’t be more stale performances to come where we struggle with low blocks and wasting chances.

Correct. We are getting results in the big games and that is the “Stuff of Champions ”. But that’s not all you need to do to win titles, you need to be winning the routine games. Which we mostly do, that’s why we are “up there”. But the lack of a clinical options costs us here and there and that is probably going to deny us the title. I can’t help feel this result will benefit City more than us. But our tails should be up so I’ll probably allow myself to not throw in the towel yet.

Marc Overmars
04-02-2024, 07:14 PM
Correct. We are getting results in the big games and that is the “Stuff of Champions ”. But that’s not all you need to do to win titles, you need to be winning the routine games. Which we mostly do, that’s why we are “up there”. But the lack of a clinical options costs us here and there and that is probably going to deny us the title. I can’t help feel this result will benefit City more than us. But our tails should be up so I’ll probably allow myself to not throw in the towel yet.

Had absolutely no confidence that Havertz would score when clean through. Thankfully Saka was on hand to bury it but these are fine margins. We don’t have particularly great players up front and I do fear that will prove to be our undoing.

Niall_Quinn
04-02-2024, 09:10 PM
Havertz is a mystery. Such a poor player.

Niall_Quinn
04-02-2024, 09:16 PM
I said to my brother, if we score first we win as simple as that. The most confident I’ve been of a prediction in some time. In my view we are a better side than them, we were better than them at Anfield…they have more strength in depth but our first team trumps theirs.

No, we aren't. That's very, very clear to see. And the worst bit, they aren't in a any way a decent team. Neither have the faintest chance in the EC. Neither of these teams would stand a chance against Paisley's 79 Liverpool.

Niall_Quinn
04-02-2024, 09:17 PM
Havertz also the best option up front imho, Konate got himself sent off trying to deal with him. Van Dijk got beasted by Martinelli and Saka.

WTF? Are you quite serious? That guy is one of the worst wastes of space I have ever seen in an Arsenal shirt.

Explain yourself.

Niall_Quinn
04-02-2024, 09:19 PM

Strange how we agree on some things. And how YOU can see some things, despite them being absent in the "news" pages of the BBC. Because, as I always knew, you don't have a total disregard for your own experience and intellect. Unless directed to have that disregard.

So you and I already know how this season turns out, but that doesn't make us fortune tellers. Just observers.

HCZ_Reborn
04-02-2024, 10:21 PM
WTF? Are you quite serious? That guy is one of the worst wastes of space I have ever seen in an Arsenal shirt.

Explain yourself.

The fuck would I explain myself to you. You’re so full of shit it’s unbelievable, coming on here hectoring like an abusive drunk.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
04-02-2024, 10:41 PM
Had absolutely no confidence that Havertz would score when clean through. Thankfully Saka was on hand to bury it but these are fine margins. We don’t have particularly great players up we front and I do fear that will prove to be our undoing.

Totally agree with you again on everything here.

A real shame we couldn't find a way of offloading Havertz for anything really and doing some creative accounting to actually get ourselves a real forward.

No surprise if this ends up being our undoing this season as everyone with basic sense called this

IBK
05-02-2024, 11:21 AM

Havertz isn't a striker, (I'm not sure what he is) - but it was clearly the right option to play him further up the pitch for this one. He was a key part of the pressure that made Liverpool look ordinary.

HCZ_Reborn
05-02-2024, 11:24 AM
Havertz isn't a striker, (I'm not sure what he is) - but it was clearly the right option to play him further up the pitch for this one. He was a key part of the pressure that made Liverpool look ordinary.

Agreed 100%

Mac76
06-02-2024, 09:13 AM
Havertz is a mystery. Such a poor player.

if he'd cost £20m or so no-one would mind, he'd just be a good utility player, i thought he caused Liverpool a lot of trouble in the game but yes, he's a bit clumsy at times and a terrible finisher and didn't in any way justify the £65m we spent on him

HCZ_Reborn
06-02-2024, 09:47 AM
if he'd cost £20m or so no-one would mind, he'd just be a good utility player, i thought he caused Liverpool a lot of trouble in the game but yes, he's a bit clumsy at times and a terrible finisher and didn't in any way justify the £65m we spent on him

And that is I think where we go wrong with Havertz. It’s hard not to judge him based on how much we paid for him, he will never be worth that. But if we judge him independent of his price tag, we can avoid the annoyance of where the money could have been spent better (and lord knows it should have been) and look at what he brings to the team