PDA

View Full Version : General Football Nonsense

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Injury Time
15-02-2014, 11:19 AM
I quite like Fulham, would be a shame to see them go down.

But they should've given Meulensteen some more games, they were finally improving, and their new £14m striker , Mitroglou, was getting back to fitness :doh:

Let's see if Magath is sacked before the end of the season :haha:

---
Atletico Madrid have been fined £492 after Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo was struck on the head with a cigarette lighter.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26195109

£492 ? :haha:

I thought football fines are usually in the upper thousands , eg £10k

The fine was for not using a brick.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-02-2014, 06:12 PM
SSN say Ray Wilkins and Alan Curbishley have been sacked from Fulham. :haha:

Marc Overmars
17-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Vince McMahon is trending on Twitter. Someone started a rumour that he wanted to buy Newcastle. :haha:

Munchies
18-02-2014, 10:41 AM
The independent just put out a story of it too :lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgtaQw2IAAAXfBJ.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
18-02-2014, 04:47 PM
That'd be amazing.

No Chance In Hell - quite appropriate for the Barcodes.

Munchies
23-02-2014, 11:59 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhKC-biCYAEcYb0.png

Radamel Falcao posts Instagram picture confirming he can walk again, doesn’t need crutches

:bow:

GP
23-02-2014, 12:54 PM
:shrug:

Marc Overmars
26-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Pepe Mel given a vote of confidence already. :lol:

Munchies
06-03-2014, 10:35 PM
First openly gay PL footballer who played for England last night will come out as gay on Sunday in a @SunSportNow @TheSunFootball exclusive

https://twitter.com/JFergusonSPORT/status/441643753078804480

They're all commenting that its Jordan Henderson

Özil's Panoramic View
06-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Did Sterling play?

Munchies
10-03-2014, 11:38 PM
^ Seems they didn't release anything then :lol:

Also, anyone see Ibrahimovic's responses today to fans on twitter ?

https://twitter.com/Ibra_official/with_replies , click on a tweet to a question

@niallmcg86 : @Ibra_official how come you never score tap in's Zlatan? #DareToZlatan
Response: Zlatan does score tap ins. From 33 yards. With his heel. #DareToZlatan

:lol: He probably has his nike team with him as he's doing a PR campaign, but lol.

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Benteke is out for at least 6 months with a ruptured achilles tendon :rose:

Villa should have taken the OSW money...

Globalgunner
05-04-2014, 02:37 PM
SAF will be lecturing a course at Harvard in the USA. I hope they factored in the issue that he doesn't speak English. How will the Yank students understand a word he says
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26890852

Niall_Quinn
19-04-2014, 11:24 PM
Police called in over drug scandal at major football club in England
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/19/police-called-drug-scandal-major-club

Thought I'd post it in the non-Arsenal area to throw the coppers off the scent.

GP
19-04-2014, 11:25 PM
Bet it's QPR

Niall_Quinn
19-04-2014, 11:27 PM
Merse hasn't taken up a coaching job somewhere has he?

Heisenberg
26-04-2014, 11:53 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27171291

I wonder if the other matches that they've bid 'London' for would be all at Wembley or at other grounds. If the latter, Emirates would presumably be likely to host one.

Marc Overmars
26-04-2014, 12:00 PM
I think they only use one stadium in a host city, so Wembley will always take precedence over the Emirates for these things. Plus they need the money, we don't.

Munchies
07-05-2014, 03:36 PM
Coutinho left out of Brazil's world cup squad

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnCta9qIEAAhD6y.jpg

No Filipe Luis from Atletico Madrid either

Marc Overmars
07-05-2014, 03:59 PM
They're proper athlete ballers now.

Come back Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Rivaldo.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
07-05-2014, 06:16 PM
That Brazil squad is ridiculously talented.

Marc Overmars
07-05-2014, 07:34 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27306106

Women. :lol:

GP
07-05-2014, 07:35 PM
She can't make dinner from the bench :doh:

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2014, 07:36 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27306106

Women. :lol:

WTF, this is getting ridiculous. They have their own shit like netball, why are they poking their lesbian noses into footie?

Marc Overmars
08-05-2014, 01:34 PM
FA are going to introduce a 'League 3' for B teams. They can gain promotion but only up to League 1.

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-05-2014, 01:42 PM
If that goes through it'll be the death of English football frankly.

Bonkers.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2014, 02:05 PM
FA are going to introduce a 'League 3' for B teams. They can gain promotion but only up to League 1.

So this will be a nice way for the chavs and gypos to sign up huge squads on huge wages and avoid the FFP regulations? That's what it smells like to me. Chavs are already doing this with some 80 odd players stashed at feeder clubs that are essentially owned by the Russian gangster.

OR... This is all for the good of the game.

Wonder which one it will turn out to be. Football is getting more corrupt by the day. No surprise really, look who has been let into it, the Russian gangster, the human rights abusing Arabs, Blatter, Platini,.. Never boded well for the future.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2014, 02:25 PM
On one hand I agree with what your saying

On the other hand I'm getting a bit tired of Wenger supposedly blooding these youngsters pre season and then they never see more than a few minutes of first team action.

I'm all for it as long as there is a level of transferability, for instance a young player who is having a blinder in the B league and doesn't meet the criteria for having to be registered as part of our 25 man squad (under 20 and been with us more than two years) can be swapped with one of our under performing first teamers.

My point being although there is something to be said for this reeking of corruption or at least naievity to corruption, there is no reason why we can't utilise it to our advantage

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2014, 03:15 PM
It's just a way to get youngsters onto the money ladder early. All the best talent will be on silly wages at chav and gypo land. There's no upside to this. Clubs like Southampton who obviously have a great program are going to see all those kids fuck off so they can play B league for the gypos on £20K, £30K a week. It won't go full mercenary to begin with, that's where it will graduate though - all the talent at the rich clubs so the B teams for the top 4 or 5 end up being better than the first teams for most of the PL clubs. It's a truly awful idea, wide open to abuse and it will absolutely be abused. The football authorities here, there, everywhere are in the game now solely to feather their own nests. Nobody is looking after the sport, it has been handed to bankers and TV execs and agents. I also sniff a Euro league here. What if a few years down the road you have stupidly strong B league teams for the top clubs? Just promote them up to the PL and pack the first team off to the Euro league - nice continuity there and now there are two revenue streams. Don't dismiss the idea - they could easily be looking to turn football into a franchise model in preference to the local fan based arrangement we see today. So we get our Arsenal scarves and support or PL team and them stump up for our Euro team. Hey, how about two different kits as well?

Let's just say, whatever these bastards are up to isn't in the best interests of the game or the fans. Let's just take that as read.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2014, 07:41 PM
I think it's about time it came in. If anything it will be of a help to those sides that don't have so much money.

Works well in Segunda. although not sure what squad restrictions they have. All I know is Barcelona B and Real Madrid Castilla do not finish in the top two every season.

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-05-2014, 10:30 AM
You think so?

I can't see for the life of me how it won't just destroy the lower leagues. At present we have the best supported lower leagues in the world. People aren't going to turn out for reserve games against players who won't give a shit about promotion or relegation; the very point of league system. I've read that in Germany, where they're thinking of doing away with the system anyway, some of the attendances for even Bayern II are pitiful. The same is also the case in Spain, even for the likes of Barca and Madrid. Tiny attendances even compared to other teams in the league, attendances tiny compared to League 1, nevermind our second tier.
Even if there is a small bump in people going for novelty, there will be far more in teams around the country who will stay away or turn away from football altogether; I've had a look around forums for loads of different clubs and not one of them is supportive of the B team idea. I know plenty of Tranmere (:rose:) fans of that opinion too. Even if a few fans did turn up, they're not going to be as passionate as those willing on an actual team. A team they've supported and travelled with throughout the country. You have that and you've ripped out the soul of these leagues for almost no benefit. Frankly, bar a few of the relegated clubs, go down even one level in Spain and they're nothing more than satellite clubs akin to League 2 or Conference.

I've seen one chairman come out in support of it.... not surprisingly FC Franchise and that greasy bastard Winkelman.
There's already a petition with about 20k "signatures" on it. After one day.

There are so many other things that could be done. The financial disparity as you go down the leagues is insane. Maybe if this was rectified and more money trickled down then facilities could improve, style of play could be better, more players would stay at different clubs instead of being stockpiled and teams could afford more decent loan players. Incidentally, the idea for what is essentially feeder clubs is far, far worse. One set of parachute payments could transform an entire league, but that won't happen because there's no direct benefit for us, PL clubs.
Ally that with EPPP, where PL clubs can cherry pick who they want from FL academies for fuck all and you're not improving young talent. It's the same thing; the big clubs will stockpile the best talent at the expense of everyone else. The smaller clubs don't get the financial boost from selling the players in the first place and close/severely reduce their youth system and the cycle starts again.

In any case, we had a decent reserve league where players earned themselves a place in the first team. Then it was watered down so much it has become an irrelevance. The best players won't play in these B teams anyway. At best it will be one season and if there weren't restrictions on squad selection probably less than that. They'll go straight into the first team squad as what happens now. Worst, the big teams buy even more young players just for the sake of it, as Chelsea have done with Vitesse. Maybe more English players should look abroad permanently, learn from these countries and become better players. Instead they're happy to sit on the bench, earning their money and not having to learn a new language on the 1% chance they'll get a run out for 5 minutes.
And I know it wouldn't happen often, but what if you have a situation like Wolves or Southampton or Leeds. Team, who like Stoke have intimated, would almost certainly have a B team and who dropped through the leagues. Their B teams are summarily relegated to avoid clashing and the season is a mockery. The only teams who would have the security to pump money consistently is the likes of us, yourselves, United, City, Chelsea. I don't want to actively entrench a monopoly the vast majority of fans despise us for. And that's before even getting on to shafting the conference clubs who would have another level shoved in to halt their dreams of being a full league club, and the money that goes with it. Many of these clubs would go out of existence too, clubs central to their towns and communities.

And even apart from the advantage of being backed by a big club, and having access to players well above their station, if these teams were barred from playing in the cups then they have the advantage of being fresher as well. Teams who already play 46 games a season who dream for a cup run in one of three(!) cup competitions and who don't have access to the fitness equipment, the number or quality of coaches and methods these B teams would have. Disadvantaged in their own league at the expense of a few kids who will sod off for the riches soon enough.
And you can be sure at some point that these B teams will be allowed access to the Championship in the name of "giving them more playing time against better quality opposition".

Spain and Germany have great youth products because of the coaching and training, not because they play in a B team for a year. Comparatively, we spend sod all time actually on the pitch, and when we do it's on shitty bogs conducive to playing hoof and hope. Encouraged by coaches who play for the battle, tens times fewer of which are UEFA-qualified. I believe a large part of this is down to price, maybe the FA and PL could subsidise this cost so it's lower than on the continent. Or investing more in artificial pitches/indoor facilities for kids to actually play. You can't blame local government all the time, when your players are earning hundreds of thousands a week and you're sitting in a £800m vanity box. The report does touch on this, so concentrate on it, pour money in to it and don't mess around with the entire structure of the football pyramid.

It's a complete lack of respect for the Football League, the clubs, the fans, those even further down. Patronising everything their clubs stand for and dream of in the name of getting England a round further until the next Golden Generation screws up. The commission is a joke. Glenn Hoddle, everyone's saviour for the last 10 years. Doesn't move from the Sky Sports studio. Roy Hodgson a fucking dinosaur who wouldn't know good football if it kicked him in his owly face. Rio Ferdinand. Danny Mills. A complete dunce and a pundit poor even for the BBC. Howard fucking Wilkinson. He hasn't been relevant for 20 years and even then it's as an answer to a pub quiz question. The only one who has any idea of youth football is Gradi and he must be going senile to agree with this. Fuck the lot of them.

Munchies
09-05-2014, 11:25 AM
You think so?

I can't see for the life of me how it won't just destroy the lower leagues. At present we have the best supported lower leagues in the world. People aren't going to turn out for reserve games against players who won't give a shit about promotion or relegation; the very point of league system. I've read that in Germany, where they're thinking of doing away with the system anyway, some of the attendances for even Bayern II are pitiful. The same is also the case in Spain, even for the likes of Barca and Madrid. Tiny attendances even compared to other teams in the league, attendances tiny compared to League 1, nevermind our second tier.
Even if there is a small bump in people going for novelty, there will be far more in teams around the country who will stay away or turn away from football altogether; I've had a look around forums for loads of different clubs and not one of them is supportive of the B team idea. I know plenty of Tranmere (:rose:) fans of that opinion too. Even if a few fans did turn up, they're not going to be as passionate as those willing on an actual team. A team they've supported and travelled with throughout the country. You have that and you've ripped out the soul of these leagues for almost no benefit. Frankly, bar a few of the relegated clubs, go down even one level in Spain and they're nothing more than satellite clubs akin to League 2 or Conference.

I've seen one chairman come out in support of it.... not surprisingly FC Franchise and that greasy bastard Winkelman.
There's already a petition with about 20k "signatures" on it. After one day.

There are so many other things that could be done. The financial disparity as you go down the leagues is insane. Maybe if this was rectified and more money trickled down then facilities could improve, style of play could be better, more players would stay at different clubs instead of being stockpiled and teams could afford more decent loan players. Incidentally, the idea for what is essentially feeder clubs is far, far worse. One set of parachute payments could transform an entire league, but that won't happen because there's no direct benefit for us, PL clubs.
Ally that with EPPP, where PL clubs can cherry pick who they want from FL academies for fuck all and you're not improving young talent. It's the same thing; the big clubs will stockpile the best talent at the expense of everyone else. The smaller clubs don't get the financial boost from selling the players in the first place and close/severely reduce their youth system and the cycle starts again.

In any case, we had a decent reserve league where players earned themselves a place in the first team. Then it was watered down so much it has become an irrelevance. The best players won't play in these B teams anyway. At best it will be one season and if there weren't restrictions on squad selection probably less than that. They'll go straight into the first team squad as what happens now. Worst, the big teams buy even more young players just for the sake of it, as Chelsea have done with Vitesse. Maybe more English players should look abroad permanently, learn from these countries and become better players. Instead they're happy to sit on the bench, earning their money and not having to learn a new language on the 1% chance they'll get a run out for 5 minutes.
And I know it wouldn't happen often, but what if you have a situation like Wolves or Southampton or Leeds. Team, who like Stoke have intimated, would almost certainly have a B team and who dropped through the leagues. Their B teams are summarily relegated to avoid clashing and the season is a mockery. The only teams who would have the security to pump money consistently is the likes of us, yourselves, United, City, Chelsea. I don't want to actively entrench a monopoly the vast majority of fans despise us for. And that's before even getting on to shafting the conference clubs who would have another level shoved in to halt their dreams of being a full league club, and the money that goes with it. Many of these clubs would go out of existence too, clubs central to their towns and communities.

And even apart from the advantage of being backed by a big club, and having access to players well above their station, if these teams were barred from playing in the cups then they have the advantage of being fresher as well. Teams who already play 46 games a season who dream for a cup run in one of three(!) cup competitions and who don't have access to the fitness equipment, the number or quality of coaches and methods these B teams would have. Disadvantaged in their own league at the expense of a few kids who will sod off for the riches soon enough.
And you can be sure at some point that these B teams will be allowed access to the Championship in the name of "giving them more playing time against better quality opposition".

Spain and Germany have great youth products because of the coaching and training, not because they play in a B team for a year. Comparatively, we spend sod all time actually on the pitch, and when we do it's on shitty bogs conducive to playing hoof and hope. Encouraged by coaches who play for the battle, tens times fewer of which are UEFA-qualified. I believe a large part of this is down to price, maybe the FA and PL could subsidise this cost so it's lower than on the continent. Or investing more in artificial pitches/indoor facilities for kids to actually play. You can't blame local government all the time, when your players are earning hundreds of thousands a week and you're sitting in a £800m vanity box. The report does touch on this, so concentrate on it, pour money in to it and don't mess around with the entire structure of the football pyramid.

It's a complete lack of respect for the Football League, the clubs, the fans, those even further down. Patronising everything their clubs stand for and dream of in the name of getting England a round further until the next Golden Generation screws up. The commission is a joke. Glenn Hoddle, everyone's saviour for the last 10 years. Doesn't move from the Sky Sports studio. Roy Hodgson a fucking dinosaur who wouldn't know good football if it kicked him in his owly face. Rio Ferdinand. Danny Mills. A complete dunce and a pundit poor even for the BBC. Howard fucking Wilkinson. He hasn't been relevant for 20 years and even then it's as an answer to a pub quiz question. The only one who has any idea of youth football is Gradi and he must be going senile to agree with this. Fuck the lot of them.

:gp:

Niall_Quinn
09-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Fuck the lot of them.

Agreed. The game can only support so many leeches before the blood runs dry.

BTW, I wonder what happens to the £50mill bung Platini is getting for turning a blind eye to the gypo's cheating? What a great idea if that money was split among the lower league clubs. Easy and fair solutions like that will never happen. Wannabes on Platini's new yacht is all we'll get. Football is so corrupt now it's breathtaking - but you have Sky on hand to do the song and dance routine and tell people none of this shit is happening and the "sport" is alive and well and better than ever. All it takes to believe is to disengage your brain and go along for the ride. When corruption is the norm all you'll get is corrupt ideas and agendas. Like this one.

Letters
09-05-2014, 03:51 PM
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2014/05/09/points-per-game-record-versus-top-half-and-bottom-half-shows-why-chelsea-lost-the-title-and-why-sunderland-survived/#comment-69291

Interesting.

Letters
09-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Agreed. The game can only support so many leeches before the blood runs dry.

BTW, I wonder what happens to the £50mill bung Platini is getting for turning a blind eye to the gypo's cheating? What a great idea if that money was split among the lower league clubs. Easy and fair solutions like that will never happen. Wannabes on Platini's new yacht is all we'll get. Football is so corrupt now it's breathtaking - but you have Sky on hand to do the song and dance routine and tell people none of this shit is happening and the "sport" is alive and well and better than ever. All it takes to believe is to disengage your brain and go along for the ride. When corruption is the norm all you'll get is corrupt ideas and agendas. Like this one.
Sky did promise us a 'whole new ball game', you can't say they haven't delivered :(

Niall_Quinn
09-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Sky did promise us a 'whole new ball game', you can't say they haven't delivered :(

If you knew what football was going to turn into and you could send a T2000 terminator back in time to kill Murdoch before his bastard was even born, would you do it? The dilemma is, Sky have helped price many out of the game so now they are the only regular route to keeping in touch with the team.

Munchies
09-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Moyes goes for a haircut (an actual article :lol: )

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/05/09/article-0-1DB2C4D600000578-114_634x545.jpg

GP
10-05-2014, 09:50 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnSoSEHCIAEuwwh.jpg

LDG
10-05-2014, 10:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnSoSEHCIAEuwwh.jpg

Fridays :bow:

Marc Overmars
11-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Cashley has apparently been left out of the World Cup squad. :pal:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Cashley has apparently been left out of the World Cup squad. :pal:

Sigh it says something about the paucity of English strikers when Rickie Lambert and Danny Wellbeck can get anywhere near the England team let alone be shoe ins.

Rors
20-05-2014, 06:32 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26930577 "That is a goal for France, or it should be at least a penalty. Because it took place outside the area, the referee couldn't give a penalty". Thanks Jimmy....

Rors
20-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Yeah don't turn your back Maier...!! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26228454

Rors
20-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Hurry up now World Cup, there's a good chap..

Rors
20-05-2014, 08:19 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/73743000/png/_73743842_keegan.png

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Whatever happened to Albrighton?

Wasn't he a Great White Hope at one point?

And for that matter Gerard Deulfouneso.

Rors
20-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Whatever happened to Albrighton?

Wasn't he a Great White Hope at one point?

And for that matter Gerard Deulfouneso.

The Fonz's full name is actually an anagram of 'Loaned Out To Every Championship Club You Can Think Of Until The End Of Time'.
As for 'Super Marc', he still can't pass. I was at the Hull game (a game before the other Hull game that people probably like to talk about on here) and his distribution was utter gash.

Rors
20-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Sun 01/Jun/1986 Brazil 1 (Sócrates) Spain 0
Group D (7:00pm bst)
ITV LIVE
Brian Moore & Brian Clough
*ITV had live coverage from 6:40-9:00pm introduced by Brian Moore. Peter Brackley & Ron Atkinson were supposed to commentate but a mix-up of cables in Mexico meant that Brian Moore and Brian Clough had to describe the match instead from the studio.

:doh:
Oh well, said channel have long learned their lesson since then, and are now the very byword of Slick Operation......... :whistle:

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-05-2014, 09:22 PM
To be fair, the idea of Brians Moore and Clough "commentating" on a game sounds infinitely more entertaining than the alternative.

Rors
21-05-2014, 09:02 AM
To be fair, the idea of Brians Moore and Clough "commentating" on a game sounds infinitely more entertaining than the alternative.

Clough was a dreadful co-commentator at the best of times, so God knows what he came up watching off a monitor with all the 'supplies' the studio had to offer...

Rors
21-05-2014, 07:25 PM
This arrived today. I'm a geek:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51SNdY-fKwL.jpg

Rors
21-05-2014, 08:00 PM
And you thought that 'Soccer Aid' trash we get every two years was bad (and you'd be right). WTF was this? :lol:

Sun 27/Jul/1986 The Americas 2 (Cabanas, Maradona) Rest Of The World 2 (Butcher, Rossi) [Americas won on pens]
Friendly in Pasedena
ITV LIVE
Brian Moore
*ITV showed this LIVE as "World Cup Superstars Soccer" at 8:50-11:00pm, the match was in aid of the United Nations Children's Fund. The Americas won 4-3 on penalties.

GP
21-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Gazza misses the final :lol:

To be fair, they all missed the final.

LDG
21-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Gazza misses the final :lol:

To be fair, they all missed the final.

They pretty much missed everything that night.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Lineker missed the toilet during that tournament too.

Flavs
22-05-2014, 11:03 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27519596

looks like he will be off to West Brom then, to fail and disappear into ginger obscurity

Letters
22-05-2014, 11:07 AM
:lol: Just looked at the Scottish league, don't really take much notice of it. Celtic won the title by 29 points :doh:
Tim Sherwood could manage that lot and they'd be champions.

GP
22-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Wenger would come 4th.

Marc Overmars
22-05-2014, 12:19 PM
:lol: Just looked at the Scottish league, don't really take much notice of it. Celtic won the title by 29 points :doh:
Tim Sherwood could manage that lot and they'd be champions.

I read their fans have lost interest now with attendances dropping as well.

Can't really blame them tbh. What a boring life as a supporter they must lead.

fakeyank
22-05-2014, 02:51 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-27525170

Moyes :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
27-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Does anyone know the score of tomorrow's Nigeria v Scotland match?

fakeyank
27-05-2014, 09:05 PM
6-0 Nigeria

Okocha hattrick
Kanu hattrick

Niall_Quinn
27-05-2014, 09:19 PM

What do you want it to be?

Maestro
27-05-2014, 10:28 PM

how much do you have?

Özim
04-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Talk of Man U getting a kit deal worth 600 million for 10 years, that's a ridiculous amount, how much did we get?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28144880

Marc Overmars
04-07-2014, 09:44 AM
150m over 5 years I think.

This is why it won't be long before United are a force again, too much of a commercial juggernaut to keep down.

Özim
04-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Wow I thought we got a good deal but they've doubled it!

Niall_Quinn
04-07-2014, 01:33 PM
If it's over 10 year then the last 5 years will put them behind everyone else. The billion quid deal can't be far away, easily within the next 5 years.

Injury Time
07-07-2014, 09:58 PM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/387777/EXCLUSIVE-Ashley-Cole-takes-a-HUGE-pay-cut-to-join-Roma-from-Chelsea
Cashley takes the call at the wrong time whilst earning a few extra quid...
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/three-injured-after-bus-smashes-into-side-of-putney-bridge-9589189.html

GP
07-07-2014, 10:00 PM
He nearly swerved off the cock.

Xhaka Can’t
07-07-2014, 10:12 PM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/387777/EXCLUSIVE-Ashley-Cole-takes-a-HUGE-pay-cut-to-join-Roma-from-Chelsea
Cashley takes the call at the wrong time whilst earning a few extra quid...
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/three-injured-after-bus-smashes-into-side-of-putney-bridge-9589189.html

:lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Cashley. :lol:

Wonder if he'll get stabbed in the arse?

GP
07-07-2014, 10:45 PM
What the...? :blink:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Ignore that, I had a brainfart.

GP
07-07-2014, 10:47 PM
Oh, hoax?

McNamara That Ghost...
07-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Yeah, pretty much. Sick fucks.

GP
07-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Who does that??

McNamara That Ghost...
08-07-2014, 09:21 AM
Ah, Cardiff fans.

AFC Leveller
15-07-2014, 11:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc-G5GJ9_0U#t=42

Attributes.

Syn
15-07-2014, 12:40 PM
I don't like Hansen but I'm struggling to see the point of whoever made that video. If his job is to comment on 500+ games over the last 22 years of course it's going to be repetitive. All of us have words and phrases that we like to repeat. Doesn't mean we're all bumbling idiots, does it Letters?

Syn
15-07-2014, 12:41 PM
If you want a proper nutcase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk0wDbyKcSg

Niall_Quinn
15-07-2014, 01:09 PM
If you want a proper nutcase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk0wDbyKcSg

LOL. Who is the guy in that video?

AFC Leveller
15-07-2014, 01:19 PM
LOL. Who is the guy in that video?

Gustavo Almadovar.

AFC Leveller
16-07-2014, 04:58 PM
It is a different world, but throughout my time with this column and Match of the Day, there is probably only one thing that I regret saying - and it is not that you cannot win anything with kids!

Four years ago, I said that Theo Walcott did not have a "football brain", without realising that my comments would be misinterpreted to such an extent.

The meaning of my observation was not as brutal as it may have come across, but nonetheless, I was critical of Walcott’s ability and I am pleased to say that Theo has proved me wrong one million per cent.

He is a proper player and I have to admit that my comments about him were the only time that I have ever been happy to be wrong.

Theo is an intelligent boy, very bright, with genuine ability and he has given the best possible response to my remarks by pretty much showing two fingers to what I said.

I have met him since I said it and there has never been a problem between the pair of us. I am delighted with how he has developed as a player.

England may have performed better at this World Cup in Brazil had Theo Walcott been fit and able to play a part, with his cruciate ligament injury ultimately costing him his place

Niall_Quinn
16-07-2014, 05:22 PM
It is a different world, but throughout my time with this column and Match of the Day, there is probably only one thing that I regret saying - and it is not that you cannot win anything with kids!

Four years ago, I said that Theo Walcott did not have a "football brain", without realising that my comments would be misinterpreted to such an extent.

The meaning of my observation was not as brutal as it may have come across, but nonetheless, I was critical of Walcott’s ability and I am pleased to say that Theo has proved me wrong one million per cent.

He is a proper player and I have to admit that my comments about him were the only time that I have ever been happy to be wrong.

Theo is an intelligent boy, very bright, with genuine ability and he has given the best possible response to my remarks by pretty much showing two fingers to what I said.

I have met him since I said it and there has never been a problem between the pair of us. I am delighted with how he has developed as a player.

England may have performed better at this World Cup in Brazil had Theo Walcott been fit and able to play a part, with his cruciate ligament injury ultimately costing him his place

Who said that, Gustavo Almadovar?

Injury Time
18-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Lahm retires from international football

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/07/18/photo-podolski-sends-message-to-teammate-following-shock-retirem/?

McNamara That Ghost...
21-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Not a bad way to go out really.

Stevie Me on the other hand...:haha:

Bye.

Injury Time
21-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Not a bad way to go out really.

Stevie Me on the other hand...:haha:

Bye.
Oh I misread that, I thought he was Internationaly retarded, my bad.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
21-07-2014, 10:32 PM
Gustavo Almadovar.

:lol: :lol:

Syn
29-07-2014, 12:12 PM
From Squawka: http://www.squawka.com/news/teen-xi/149077

Most expensive teens XI:

http://i.imgur.com/UhBI084.png

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-07-2014, 04:01 PM
That team isn't actually that bad, if you ignore Chambers as he's based the only one still based nearly-entirely on potential.

And then you come to Mikel and Anderson. They're worse than Ozil for stealing a living.

Heisenberg
29-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Anderson :haha:

Injury Time
29-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Anderson :haha:

Who? :shrug:

Xhaka Can’t
30-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Celtic beaten senseless by Legia Warsaw 4-1 in the CL qualifier first leg. Celtic actually led and Legia missed two pels. :lol:

GP
30-07-2014, 08:38 PM

Scottish football is of a lower quality than Letters' face.

GP
30-07-2014, 08:40 PM
http://images.scribblelive.com/2014/7/30/00f60ff1-4d3e-453c-a73f-f7e3bb88ac32_800.jpg

:haha:

Syn
30-07-2014, 09:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt0cjRWIEAAkY9m.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtykRnPIgAMS9s4.jpg

GP
30-07-2014, 09:08 PM

Munchies
30-07-2014, 09:23 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt0ORpiIAAAQHE7.jpg

Marc Overmars
31-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Ravel Morrison charged with assaulting 2 women. :rolleyes:

Munchies
31-07-2014, 08:32 AM
5 year anniversary of Sir Bobby Robson's death.

RIP

Syn
02-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Still kinda funny...

http://twitter.com/GeniusFootball/status/495523020463546368/photo/1

And totti takes the piss:

http://twitter.com/Coral/status/495477012338057216/photo/1

Munchies
05-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Don't search for Lavezzi on twitter right now (NSFW)

@AlexShawESPN

Always knew Lavezzi was decent in the box.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Phil Neville, Gullit and Rio join MotD.

:rose:

Injury Time
06-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Phil Neville, Gullit and Rio join MotD.

:rose:

Oh fuck off

BOBN
07-08-2014, 09:31 PM
http://media.joe.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/baleripped.jpg

Eufemiano Fuentes is on trial in the Spanish capital accused of overseeing a doping operation for cyclists, but has said he has also worked with athletes in other sports, including football.

Leaving court on Friday, Fuentes told Spanish radio he was “interested in collecting on a debt from Real Madrid”.

When asked if the debt was for medical services he rendered to the Spanish league champions, Fuentes responded: “I can’t answer that.”

unrelated tbh :coffee:

GP
07-08-2014, 09:40 PM
That reminds me, Planet of the Apes... good movie....

Syn
08-08-2014, 02:18 AM
Ramsey will bulk up like that in the next 12 months. Both power players heavily reliant on running power and strength, and both have an obsession to be the best. What Bale's doing seems like overkill for La Liga though.

Injury Time
09-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Old news?

1. Vito Mannone (Sunderland) averaged 4.5 saves per game this season in the Premier League; a higher ratio than any other goalkeeper.

2. Seamus Coleman (Everton) scored six goals this season, the most of any full-back, as well as keeping 15 clean sheets.

3. Leighton Baines (Everton) created more chances than any other defender (49), as well as netting five goals.

4. Per Mertesacker (Arsenal) played more minutes of football than any other outfield player for a Premier League club this season (all competitions, 4605).

5. Vincent Kompany (Man City). His team won 75% of their PL games with Kompany this term, but just 60% without him.

6. Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) made more assists than any other player this season (13), as well as banging in 13 goals.

7. Yaya Touré (Man City) became only the second midfielder in PL history to reach 20 goals in a season (after Frank Lampard - *22 - in 2009/10).

8. Adam Lallana (Southampton) created more chances than any other Englishman in the PL this term (71, seventh overall).

9. Eden Hazard (Chelsea) created 92 chances in the Premier League this season, no player created more.

10. Sergio Aguero (Man City) had the best minutes/goal ratio of any regular PL player this season (a goal every 91 minutes).

11. Luis Suarez (Liverpool) was the Premier League's top scorer (31) while only teammate Gerrard (13) made more assists than the Uruguayan (12).

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Why has bale shaved all his fur off? He looks ridiculous now.

GP
09-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Why has bale shaved all his fur off? He looks ridiculous now.

Movie role.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Sunday Supplement back today. Fifth for Arsenal I am sure.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-08-2014, 08:54 AM
England's players looked tired says Sam Wallace. :lol:

No, they looked shit.

Oh and wait, taking Ox and Wilshere was a mistake. :rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
10-08-2014, 09:19 AM
Sam Wallace: Why weren't Man Utd in for James? :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
10-08-2014, 09:28 AM
Gary Neville:

“They need more. I think it’s really difficult to win the league without power and strength. I look at English football and think – when it comes down to it, there are big games when you power through opponents. Drive through them.

“Yaya Touré is a championship player. Vincent Kompany is a championship player. To me, those types of players drive you through to league titles. You can look at United with Stam and Keane, Bruce, Ince. Look at Chelsea with Essien, Drogba, Terry, Lampard. The Arsenal teams of the past with Adams, Vieira, Henry. People who have power and strength to drive you through league campaigns over 38 games.

“I just wonder with Arsenal if they’re going to have to dilute some of their principles in terms of the type of player they sign – unless you can find a Vieira, who can do both jobs equally well; who can pass and be a powerhouse.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11022540/Chelsea-now-have-the-power-and-strength-to-win-Premier-League-says-Gary-Neville.html

It didn't take long. :lol:

Absolutely obsessed with power and strength. Sadly I sense this will be pervading influence for England too.

GP
10-08-2014, 09:40 AM
Sam Wallace: Why weren't Man Utd in for James? :haha:

Rodriguez? :lol:

Is he high?

McNamara That Ghost...
10-08-2014, 09:47 AM
He's an idiot. English kids don't get any games. Well go abroad then.

Niall_Quinn
10-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Sam Wallace is a fucking tool and I'd brick him if he ever came near me.

Stupid fuck journos moan when the English can't beat anyone who lives beyond Dover. Yet they glorify the non-technical, brain dead, agricultural shite that is fundamental to the English game. They are too thick to figure it out. They substitute honest analysis for that jingoism that has continued to thrive following our two hand-held rides on the back of American industry during two World Wars. They still believe the propaganda posters. It's ingrained in their being. British bulldogs versus the pansy pass-a-ball foreign Johnnies. It's so ludicrous we have cunts like that ape John Terry as national sporting icons.

Syn
13-08-2014, 08:27 PM
https://vine.co/v/MUpEeWIHTYp

:blink:

Heisenberg
14-08-2014, 01:12 PM
Suarez ban upheld by CAS but allowed to train with Barcelona.

Munchies
16-08-2014, 11:12 PM
Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Thiago Motta has a suspected broken nose after being headbutted by Bastia forward Brandao his side's 2-0 win at the Parc des Princes.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvMeM1IIUAEPEJO.png

vine vid https://vine.co/v/M3KPzzaYtZd

Munchies
17-08-2014, 10:11 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvOzBaRCQAEy7SI.jpg

Zerlathon
17-08-2014, 09:23 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvOzBaRCQAEy7SI.jpg

Is it me, or does Neymar look like a young Danny Trejo?...

If they are going to do a prequel to Machete, snap that man up!

Injury Time
19-08-2014, 09:13 AM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/395162/Puma-Twitter-Marco-Reus-Falcao

Özim
19-08-2014, 11:35 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvMeM1IIUAEPEJO.png

vine vid https://vine.co/v/M3KPzzaYtZd

He wants to lose the perm, it's looks sh*t.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2014, 02:32 PM
Quote of the day:

Jose Mourinho’s footballing philosophy [sic] will provide Fabregas with a platform to play his way

This from an article that fires the first shot in the Fabregas vs Ozil media marathon yet to come. It'll work too, because the media has laid the ground very well with a year of Ozil trashing articles on how badly he has played - regardless of how he plays. The high point came in the German thrashing of Brazil, a remarkable match, which heralded the immediate and obvious headline, "Ozil Anonymous"

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2014, 09:32 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-set-to-clamp-down-on-unofficial-vine-videos-of-goals-as-they-get-tough-on-copyright-laws-9670653.html

Wankers.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
20-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Did that dude really head butt him and run away after!....

Injury Time
20-08-2014, 10:07 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-set-to-clamp-down-on-unofficial-vine-videos-of-goals-as-they-get-tough-on-copyright-laws-9670653.html

Wankers.
Perhaps invest in some instant replay tech for the refs instead...oh right can't generate income from that, bet they feltch themselves they're so tight.

Injury Time
20-08-2014, 10:08 PM
Did that dude really head butt him and run away after!....

Wut :blink:

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Perhaps invest in some instant replay tech for the refs instead...oh right can't generate income from that, bet they feltch themselves they're so tight.

:sick:

I think I agree though.

Letters
22-08-2014, 11:05 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11050108/Paul-Gascoigne-in-hospital-after-being-found-drunk-outside-his-home.html

:rolleyes:

Just put him down, will ya?

Syn
23-08-2014, 10:39 AM
No-one interested in the whole MacKay stuff?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28910041

Anyway gooner Tim decides to break Palace hearts. If Tim Sherwood was offered the job earlier then Tim Sherwood mighta taken it. Tim Sherwood was hardly gonna accept being second choice because Tim Sherwood ain't gonna be anyone's sloppy seconds but Tim Sherwood's.

It's a shame really because I'm dying to see him back. Forget Mourinho, this guy's the real entertainer.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 01:36 PM
No-one interested in the whole MacKay stuff?

Nope. Journos have only recently been domesticated, they were the worst of the lot for racist, sexist, whateverist bullshit. Now they have to hold their true natures in check because of fear, but they have taken the opportunity to be massive hypocrites really well. You think the likes of Samuel and Woolnough (the saint) didn't enjoy a bit of banter when the recording devices were turned off and the booze was flowing?

Keown was particularly awful on this, feeling people needed to be force educated into speaking and thinking the right way. The fear, you can smell it. Our Arry is one of the few who doesn't seem terrified.

But can MacKay ever work again? Should he still be England captain? Should he be stoned, or dunked, or burned? He broke the golden rule - don't get caught.

Thierrymon
28-08-2014, 11:16 AM
Almunia has retired after being found to have a potentially lethal heart problem.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28966630

Hope it doesnt cause any issues for the guy in later life.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2014, 02:16 PM
During Tottenham’s Europa League clash with AEL Limassol last night, ITV Sport commentator Clarke Carlisle came out with the easily the most bizarre line ever said during a football match.

Or probably ever.

‘There are white rhinos around the world who would love to be goalkeepers,’ he confidently barked.

Asian gambling syndicates :bow:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/29/clarke-carlisle-says-white-rhinos-would-love-to-be-goalkeepers-during-spurs-match-4849875/

Syn
29-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Reus goal: https://t.co/2S5BJ2LlrK

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Reus goal: https://t.co/2S5BJ2LlrK

Starting to get up to Ramsey levels.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Blatter wants to introduce Tennis like challenges

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29109481

Good idea IMO.

Master Splinter
08-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Blatter :bow:.

Syn
08-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Nice to know that Blatter is stealing my ideas

Video tech - I want a challenger system like in Tennis; each captain gets 1 challenge per match. That ensures they won't use it for stupid stuff like a shirt-pull on the halfway line and save it for the big decisions they felt were called wrong.

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1221

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-09-2014, 05:20 PM
I'm not sure I like the idea of challenges. Not in football anyway.

I'd rather there just be a video ref who watches the game, has access to all different camera angles and replays and relays info on to the ref.

I don't like the idea of timeouts that Mourinho suggested either. A bit too... American. Only one step away from a half time show sponsored by Pepsi.

Letters
08-09-2014, 05:54 PM
The challenges idea has been brilliant in Tennis. It doesn't fit so naturally in football where the action is more continuous but it would work in some scenarios, the obvious one being if a penalty is awarded. That's something which could be challenged, reviewed quickly and the right decision made in most cases.
I think it's worth a try.

WMUG
08-09-2014, 09:56 PM
The challenges idea has been brilliant in Tennis. It doesn't fit so naturally in football where the action is more continuous but it would work in some scenarios, the obvious one being if a penalty is awarded. That's something which could be challenged, reviewed quickly and the right decision made in most cases.
I think it's worth a try.

Yup. In cases where the game is stopped for a long time regardless. With a penalty call, either it's given and the defending team whine and whinge for 2 minutes to the ref, or it's not given and the attacking team crowd him at the next stoppage.

Same with red cards, goal line decisions (which have thankfully been sorted, obviously) and offsides. That's the kind of thing that ruin games when they're called wrong, and it's stupid to assume that officials will get them right anywhere near 100% of the time with only one look. Especially when literally everyone not in the stadium knows exactly whether it was the decision was the right one 10 seconds after it was made.

Shaqiri Is Boss
19-10-2014, 02:43 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/ColossalValuableAntlion.gif

Letters
21-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Blimey

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29689747

Even we haven't managed this yet.

Injury Time
21-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Blimey

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29689747

Even we haven't managed this yet.

What scored? :unsure: It looked like they were the living dead against Hull.

Letters
04-11-2014, 07:05 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29895649

<joke about money slipping through his fingers>

GP
04-11-2014, 07:32 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29895649

<joke about money slipping through his fingers>

Shirts including an England home kit signed by the team, and a bright pink Portsmouth goalkeeper's jersey, are expected to sell for upwards of £30-50 each.

Letters
13-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Qatar cleared of corruption...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30031405

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2014, 12:27 PM

Corruption, Slavery and other human rights abuses. I'm sorry but if we can boycott the Moscow Olympics we can boycott this and the Russian one

Hump
13-11-2014, 01:21 PM

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/13/farce-fifa-michael-garcia-erroneous-ethics-report

You couldn't make this shit up

Niall_Quinn
16-11-2014, 11:21 AM
LOL

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2836244/Premier-League-emerges-best-world-following-Sportsmail-s-depth-study-global-football.html

PGFC
21-11-2014, 04:48 PM
So, Vincent Tan has called Dave Whelan a lacist, what now for Wigan?

Syn
21-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Watch this from 2:32 to 2:59.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e8k3NfTQgM#t=150

Sensational foresight. Misunderstood genius. A man before his time.

Globalgunner
22-11-2014, 10:37 AM
So, Vincent Tan has called Dave Whelan a lacist, what now for Wigan?
Is that someone who hates laces? Boots are going to be designed differently then

adzzzbatch
27-12-2014, 01:13 AM
He totally outmuscled Andy Carroll and, on this display, Terry could be playing for the Blues until he's 70!

:sick: :ilt:

Slacker
31-12-2014, 05:55 PM
Strangely Dave Whelan gets a 6 week ban at just about the time he pisses off to the West Indies for Winter. Coincidence? Nooooooo...

Letters
05-01-2015, 01:19 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-30680502

I can't believe the Arsenal board have never thought of this.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-01-2015, 01:11 PM
https://vine.co/v/ODaz7rWIjte

Letters
11-01-2015, 02:23 PM

It's funny 'cos he got hit in the face.

Xhaka Can’t
11-01-2015, 04:48 PM
He could've killed him.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2015, 04:51 PM
He could've killed him.

Yeah, but they have enough cash to get another one.

adzzzbatch
12-01-2015, 08:21 PM
Takes the piss that got Henry to hand out the ballon d'or! He should've won the fucking thing.

AFC Leveller
12-01-2015, 08:37 PM
David Louise in team of the year?

one of the worst defenders in the WC and he won fuck all with Chelsea as well. a shite CB.

GP
12-01-2015, 08:50 PM
David Louise in team of the year?

one of the worst defenders in the WC and he won fuck all with Chelsea as well. a shite CB.

Yeah but he cost 100 squillion quid of dirty money

The whole thing is bought and paid for

Niall_Quinn
12-01-2015, 09:41 PM
One of the biggest cheats in the game gets honoured by dishonourable scumbags at FIFA, figures. And then Luiz, one of the worst defenders in the world, gets named in the world XI. Basically, LOL. Everything FIFA does disgraces the game.

Marc Overmars
12-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Ronaldo. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
16-01-2015, 08:01 AM
David Ginola is expected to announce being in the running for FIFA Presidency today. :blink:

Niall_Quinn
16-01-2015, 09:01 AM
David Ginola is expected to announce being in the running for FIFA Presidency today. :blink:

Doubt he's qualified to run to the shops but he'd be a massive improvement. Al Capone would have been a massive improvement.

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2015, 02:16 PM
Chiles terminated by ITV. Well, his contract terminated anyway. Maybe it was for extreme bias?

GP
23-01-2015, 04:04 PM
Has he been banished to the bog of eternal stench?

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Has he been banished to the bog of eternal stench?

No, he's been banished from the bog of eternal stench.

AFC Leveller
23-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Worst TV presenter on the tele and the worst thing he knew it.

horrible accent horrible guy.

Letters
23-01-2015, 07:04 PM
I remember his stupid ugly chuckling face as he made a big joke in the FA Cup Final build-up about how long it had been since we won a trophy before introducing footage from 2005 made to look like a silent movie.

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out, you unlikeable twazzock.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-01-2015, 10:47 PM
This must be something spoken about but where I have no clue but would Carragher and his band wagon jumping on ginger nut boyfriend go fcuk off or find something more interesting to do then talk about selfies which had no relevance to when they were playing because you couldn't fcuking take them you boring twats

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2015, 11:43 PM
This must be something spoken about but where I have no clue but would Carragher and his band wagon jumping on ginger nut boyfriend go fcuk off or find something more interesting to do then talk about selfies which had no relevance to when they were playing because you couldn't fcuking take them you boring twats

The general media reaction to us beating the gypos has been hilarious. We've had Ashton's campaign against Monreal and a sudden backlash against crappy refereeing, the poor gypos being without one of their billion quid playa, Fat Samuel's Cazorla 7/10 MotM performance, the "parking the bus" storyline and the outrage at us celebrating a win. They must have all lost a ton down the bookies.

As for ginger cunt, so much better when his mouth was shut. Now it's never closed.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
28-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Figo standing for FIFA presidency :lol:

Who's next? Jason Roberts?

GP
28-01-2015, 12:42 PM
No coloureds please.

Xhaka Can’t
28-01-2015, 12:57 PM
Rules out Jason Orange

Niall_Quinn
28-01-2015, 01:17 PM
No coloureds please.

I'd like to apologise to everyone on Reynholm's behalf for that unforgivable, inexcusable, evil and lower working class (probably on benefits) comment. I feel such an idiot for not having done more to prevent it. All I can do is offer my profuse apologies and beg the forgiveness of any individual that is offended on behalf of a minority group.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
28-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Josh :bow:

Time to stand for presidency :bow:

AFC Leveller
28-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Skysports doing a piece on why Chelsea and City have 'stolen" a march on their rivals.

I wonder what they have that others dont?

Niall_Quinn
29-01-2015, 02:51 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/28/united-states-twice-surrender-lead-in-3-2-friendly-loss-to-chile

Now read the first comment :doh:

"Soccer" :doh:

Yanks :haha:

Letters
29-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Skysports doing a piece on why Chelsea and City have 'stolen" a march on their rivals.

I wonder what they have that others dont?

Yeah, that is a real head-scratcher.

GP
29-01-2015, 03:52 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/28/united-states-twice-surrender-lead-in-3-2-friendly-loss-to-chile

Now read the first comment :doh:

"Soccer" :doh:

Yanks :haha:

Coloureds :doh:

Özil's Panoramic View
30-01-2015, 01:32 AM
Josh :bow:

Time to stand for presidency :bow:

:gp:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-02-2015, 02:53 PM
Redknapp resigns :haha: :haha: :haha:

LDG
03-02-2015, 02:55 PM

:arry:

Next England manager, surely.

GP
03-02-2015, 03:08 PM
something-somethign don't call me shirley.

Marc Overmars
03-02-2015, 03:17 PM
Resigned because he needs a knee replacement.

:violin:

Munchies
03-02-2015, 03:20 PM
Bullshit :lol:

Sherwood favourite for the role :haha:

GP
03-02-2015, 03:27 PM

Needs a face replacement.

Munchies
03-02-2015, 03:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EOgTCbz-XmU

:haha: :haha:

GP
03-02-2015, 03:28 PM
That's what you get for being a Wheeler Dealer.

Mike Brewer to replace him?

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2015, 03:37 PM

LOL - One transfer window without some action and he's off. The transfer window and those little brown envelopes are the only reason he's in the game.

Don't worry! If there's one man who can rescue QPR it's our 'Arry. Champion of the underdog. Unless his knee plays up (not bad enough to stop him scarpering though, was it).

fakeyank
03-02-2015, 04:23 PM
Didnt he once have a heart surgery and come back the following week? Or am I thinking of someone else?

LDG
03-02-2015, 05:12 PM
Didnt he once have a heart surgery and come back the following week? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I think you're right, whilst at Spufs....though he was out for a little longer than a week.

So he can have heart surgery, and a period out of management.

But he can't have knee surgery and stay as manager.

OR

He was gonna get sacked, so he came up with a right fucking shite excuse to save melted face

adzzzbatch
03-02-2015, 07:18 PM
At least he got in his car window interview before he resigned :lol:

fakeyank
03-02-2015, 07:38 PM

Injury Time
03-02-2015, 09:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EOgTCbz-XmU

:arry:

McNamara That Ghost...
03-02-2015, 09:54 PM

He'll do anything to get on Transfer Deadline Day.

GP
03-02-2015, 10:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJBsI7RAuvk

AFC Leveller
04-02-2015, 08:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJBsI7RAuvk

HAHAHAH thats fucking hillarious.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-02-2015, 12:05 PM
He tried signing Adebayor 12 hours earlier then when that didn't transpire he resigned because of 'knee problems'.

If he was always gonna resign why try and sign a player then? Was clearly planning for the future.

Niall_Quinn
04-02-2015, 01:53 PM
He tried signing Adebayor 12 hours earlier then when that didn't transpire he resigned because of 'knee problems'.

If he was always gonna resign why try and sign a player then? Was clearly planning for the future.

Don't think you're supposed to look into this too deeply and apply logic or ask questions. What's really needed at this difficult time is a mass media grovel in tribute to one of the game's great characters. Of course there will be haters who legitimately point out the bloke's as big a crook as he is overrated as a manager. How many clubs has he left in the lurch now?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 09:46 PM
Ivory Coast keeper :lol:

Great tactics.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 09:46 PM
Ghana score penalty.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 09:47 PM
Yaya up next.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 09:47 PM
Scores.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Ghana score despite kicker slipping.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 09:50 PM
Kalou scores.

Sign him up.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 09:50 PM
Ghana just about sneak it in.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Coloured one steps up.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Coloured one scores.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 09:52 PM
Ghana score. Sends keeper opposite way.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 09:53 PM
IC score. Top corner.

Take a bow son.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 09:54 PM
Ghana score.

Not sure who it was. He wasn't white.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 09:55 PM
IC score.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Ghana sneak it in. Keeper touches it.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 09:57 PM
IC score.

Great penalty.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2015, 09:57 PM
8-8. :lol:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Ghana keeper misses!!!

McNamara That Ghost...
Boubaca saves from Razak!

Cote d'Ivoire can finally do it...

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
Score this and you win son. No pressure.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
IC keeper :haha:

Guy is a nutter.

Shaqiri Is Boss
This is genuinely brilliant :haha:

I love how everyone has to massively overreact to the slightest thing and that half the Ghana team just seem to be walking around.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Barry is dead but he is supposed to take the next pelanty. :lol:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Doesn't want to take probably :lol:

Get up son. Your country needs you.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2015, 10:00 PM
Gervinho inspires his teammates to finally win the ACoN!!!! :bow:

About fucking time.

Well done to Barry too I suppose.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 10:00 PM
SCORESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Marc Overmars
10-02-2015, 06:13 PM
New Sky and BT deal is worth £5.1 billion. :wacko:

Sky will show some Friday night games and have the Saturday lunch time games back. While BT have Saturday evenings.

Niall_Quinn
10-02-2015, 06:41 PM
Pumping another 5.1bill into the game should make it a whole lot better and attract the right sort, for sure. Sky, BT :bow:

The unimaginably greedy cocksuckers at the FA :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
10-02-2015, 10:53 PM
£5 billion. WTF?

That'd be like £115 million from the TV deal alone in our fourth place. :wacko:

GP
13-02-2015, 07:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_48F41tPMxc

We should do one of these.

Cripps would be a shiny.

Xhaka Can’t
13-02-2015, 08:30 AM
Premier League TV deal may lure greedy bastards to England - Tebas

Barcelona and Real Madrid's top players could move to England in the wake of the Premier League's new television rights deal, La Liga president Javier Tebas has warned Spain's leading clubs...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31446066

Niall_Quinn
13-02-2015, 11:32 AM
The Spanish system of each club being allowed to negotiate their own TV deals does weight the competition in favour of the heavyweights. In 2012-13, Real Madrid and Barcelona each received over £110m in TV income. Atletico Madrid and Valencia were the next highest, at £33m. But Real Betis were one of six clubs who only received £9.5m.

Tebas claims Spanish football must seek to redress the balance with a switch to collective bargaining for television deals.

Couldn't make it up. The greedy cunts at Barca and Marketing reap the benefits of their rigged system but now it's the "we are all in this together" approach and the little clubs like Betis are suddenly important again. How cynical can it get?

I'm telling you, mankind won't progress until we get rid of money. It's a fucking curse that brings out the very worst in people and ruins everything it touches.

Niall_Quinn
13-02-2015, 11:49 AM
A passionate defence of naked greed from the fat man. Football is the hero, riding in to save us all. And all for as little as £50 for an impressionable child's tiny shirt. Hey dad, maybe one day we'll be able to afford to go to a match!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2950945/Football-gets-rich-come-Premier-League-play-different-rules-else.html

Özim
13-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Hopefully the players won't be able to negotiate bigger paydays, tired of seeing these greedy so and so's getting extortionate amounts and then getting pay rises, pure greed, that's why I feel no sympathy for players or managers these days...........they bleed fans dry and then moan when they're earning 100k a week cos it's not enough.

LDG
13-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Fucking sick that sky TV deal is.

I have no intention on ever spending any of my money on Football anymore, unless it's local teams at lower level.

I despise the whole sport now. Makes me so angry.

I'm finding life so much better without it too.

Letters
20-02-2015, 02:00 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-31549343

:d

Niall_Quinn
23-02-2015, 08:29 PM
The 2022 World Cup in Qatar can only be held in November and December, says the head of Fifa's taskforce looking into possible dates for the tournament.

Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al-Khalifa has ruled out a May tournament - the European leagues' preferred option.

Qatar's bid proposed a summer tournament, but temperatures in the Gulf state are believed to pose a potential risk to players' health.

A January/February tournament would clash with the 2022 Winter Olympics.

Why hasn't anyone proposed the most obvious solution? Get rid of FIFA. Surely this is one corrupt farce too far? And if Qatar can't meet the obligations under which their bid was made, why haven't they been stripped of the tournament? Could there be a more blatant example of corruption in football?

Marc Overmars
26-02-2015, 11:30 PM
A mate of mine recently discovered he lives near Andy Carroll.

Took a picture of his motor. Look at that fucking reg. :lol:

https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11002652_10153088158478334_3106387946099011127_n.j pg?oh=5a90fcae72742fea7f1238bfa7617cfd&oe=5590B2BF

GP
26-02-2015, 11:52 PM
Why would you ruin a perfectly good Range Rover with that Halfords body kit? :doh:

Niall_Quinn
27-02-2015, 12:31 AM
MAybe you would if you are a BI-ATC[H]

adzzzbatch
28-02-2015, 12:27 PM
Robbie Savage avoids driving ban - because he would get 'accosted' too much if he had to use public transport

Despicable cunt! and so is the judge!

Niall_Quinn
28-02-2015, 12:52 PM
Despicable cunt! and so is the judge!

He was also clocked at 99mph, 1mph away from an automatic ban. Yeah right. Sure it wasn't 99.99999999998mph?

Master Splinter
28-02-2015, 03:07 PM
He was 1% away from incarceration.

LDG
28-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Cowdenbeath :haha:

GP
28-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Arsenal in disguise