Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Letters
09-04-2013, 08:36 AM
it's just that some people seem to think he's the English Messi
Literally no-one thinks that.

Power n Glory
09-04-2013, 08:46 AM

Indeed. There is only one player on these shores that gets mentioned in the same breath so often. Or one monkey should I say.

Power n Glory
09-04-2013, 08:49 AM
cole was in a very similar position to wilshere right now, although more so for the national team than expected to perform at club level.

mourinho ruined cole. joe was so desperate to prove he was more than a few tricks and flicks he lost all of that for the sake of team ethic and became a workhorse. for different reasons, jack could fall danger to the same thing. what has stood out more than anything else about this season is his work ethic and desire to give his all for the team, more than the eye for a final ball or finished product. there is plenty of time to ensure all of that ability isn't lost but if we keep treading water as a club as we currently are and being so overdependent on the boy, then he could become just an excellent workhorse, which would be a crying shame.

The Chelsea years didn't help Cole and all those years under Mourinho sucked a lot of his natural game out of him. He wasn't a winger and eventually he became a player without a position. He wasn't allowed the freedom to express himself and now he's a mess of a player.

Özim
09-04-2013, 09:31 AM
It was an exageration but you get the point, he's hype to ridiculous levels at the moment.

Letters
09-04-2013, 09:36 AM
It was an exageration but you get the point, he's hype to ridiculous levels at the moment.

Is he? I don't think so. Not like Walcott was. But he's showed some promise and seems to 'get' what playing for The Arsenal is about.

Özim
09-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Is he? I don't think so. Not like Walcott was. But he's showed some promise and seems to 'get' what playing for The Arsenal is about.
Definitely yes.

He's not really done that much on the pitch and quite often runs into players rather than releasing the ball to someone else, people blame that on the lack of quality around him, I'd say it's due more to lack of awareness at this stage.

Sure he seems to fight on the pitch etc, but young players tend to when they first start off especially if they've come through a clubs youth system. If he does become world class, we'll see if he sticks around if we're still where we are now and big clubs come knocking, not many players do these days and it's hard to say if he'll be any different at this stage.

Letters
09-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Who has over-hyped him?

Özim
09-04-2013, 09:50 AM
The media and there's certainly some hype on here as well.

Letters
09-04-2013, 09:58 AM
The media and there's certainly some hype on here as well.

Obviously he's young and English so will receive more hype than he probably should. Has it really been over the top though?

Links to examples?

Power n Glory
09-04-2013, 10:18 AM
You don’t have to look far to see the overhype. The story from GG on this thread which has kicked everything off is enough. He’s not a world class player yet, he hasn’t had a fantastic season yet he’s getting plaudits over players who contributed more for us this season. The Theo hype was high but this is bigger because he’s labelled as the saviour of Arsenal and England. Nobody put England or Arsenal’s future on Walcott’s shoulder and talk as if he was key to our success or England’s. That’s what’s happening with Jack at this moment.

Özim
09-04-2013, 10:20 AM
I think it has considering he's done little on the pitch, plenty of pundits have commented on how big a miss he is for England etc:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/feb/08/jack-wilshere-paul-gascoigne-england

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/19/jack-wilshere-europe-bayern-schweinsteiger

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/9859773/England-and-Arsenal-midfielder-Jack-Wilsheres-talents-as-good-as-Paul-Gascoigne-claims-Wayne-Rooney.html

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1374392/roy-hodgson:-missing-jack-wilshere-in-england-squd-is-a-blow?cc=5739

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/08/arsene-wenger-jack-wilshere-burnout

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/04/08/3887642/wilshere-one-of-the-few-world-class-players-at-arsenal-says

Letters
09-04-2013, 10:24 AM
:lol: OK, fair enough. I only looked at the first 2 but they made the point, they are a bit over the top.

Marc Overmars
09-04-2013, 10:25 AM
He'll be great one day, but right now I don't even think he's the best midfielder at Arsenal let alone the rest of the league.

Injury Time
09-04-2013, 10:46 AM
He'll be sold one day, but right now I don't even think he's the best midfielder at Arsenal let alone the rest of the league.

efa

Niall_Quinn
09-04-2013, 11:59 AM
In a team brimming with shit it seems odd to be focusing on Wilshere. Who gives a fuck what the media says - their job is to hype everything. What we seem to be saying is Jack is not as good as the media have hyped him to be. What a pointless argument. It's good enough that he's a good young player, loves the club, signed his contract without everyone having to bend over, is often the only player you'll see fronting up to the opposition when the rest have gone into hiding, and so on. Is there any player in the team that brings so much overall? Of course not. Think on it this way, if we didn't have Jack we'd have to call a lower league kid who's just arrived "Mr Arsenal", that's how fucked up things have become at this club.

Özil's Panoramic View
09-04-2013, 12:23 PM
As I said before, his natural ablilities makes him a stand out on the pitch, especially when he's had a good game. It is not hard to see that he's not the average or just a good player.

Even after the England/Brazil game, he was the player who the Brazilians were impressed by - so much so that, that **** Alves heaped him praise and said he needs to be at Barca.

There are also other examples where he stands out above every other player. That's part of the measure of a quality player. He just needs to iron out a few kinks and find a way to stay fit, as a kid his age, with such immense talent, needs to be playing as much footie as possible in order to fine tune and master his craft.

Özim
09-04-2013, 12:40 PM
In a team brimming with shit it seems odd to be focusing on Wilshere. Who gives a fuck what the media says - their job is to hype everything. What we seem to be saying is Jack is not as good as the media have hyped him to be. What a pointless argument. It's good enough that he's a good young player, loves the club, signed his contract without everyone having to bend over, is often the only player you'll see fronting up to the opposition when the rest have gone into hiding, and so on. Is there any player in the team that brings so much overall? Of course not. Think on it this way, if we didn't have Jack we'd have to call a lower league kid who's just arrived "Mr Arsenal", that's how fucked up things have become at this club.
It's not just the media though is it, it's his own fans/manager as well.

I appreciate he works hard and tries and does do some good things, but he has far less influence on a game than say Cesc had at his age, that's not a criticism it's just a point to put his talent/productivity in context.

Good player with some decent skills at his age, yes, world beater, bit early to predict something like that.

Özim
09-04-2013, 12:41 PM
As I said before, his natural ablilities makes him a stand out on the pitch, especially when he's had a good game. It is not hard to see that he's not the average or just a good player.

Even after the England/Brazil game, he was the player who the Brazilians were impressed by - so much so that, that **** Alves heaped him praise and said he needs to be at Barca.

There are also other examples where he stands out above every other player. That's part of the measure of a quality player. He just needs to iron out a few kinks and find a way to stay fit, as a kid his age, with such immense talent, needs to be playing as much footie as possible in order to fine tune and master his craft.
With all due respect, this is the worst Brazil team in 20 years, with a horrendous defence in a friendly it's not exactly a pressure situation where every player is giving it his all. Sure they liked him, Brazilians like players who try to dribble and are offensive, he fits the mould.

He has ability yes, but he doesn't dictate games or win games at the moment, the odd nice touch and good run and a good work rate, but he's not a playmaker.

As someone has said, he's not even our best midfielder at the moment.

Özil's Panoramic View
09-04-2013, 12:49 PM
With all due respect, this is the worst Brazil team in 20 years, with a horrendous defence in a friendly it's not exactly a pressure situation where every player is giving it his all. Sure they liked him, Brazilians like players who try to dribble and are offensive, he fits the mould.

He has ability yes, but he doesn't dictate games or win games at the moment, the odd nice tough and good run and a good work rate, but he's not a playmaker.

As someone has said, he's not even our best midfielder at the moment.

That's why I say he needs to stay fit so he can play more games over a few seasons and properly master his craft.

And what that someone said is pretty much their opinion which I don't particularly have to subscribe to. All our midfielders have had woeful games. Take Santi for example, he's never stood out on a rough night has he? Especially against opposition of note. People mention Rosicky, but he's had more than his fair share of howlers, right? Is there any other worth mentioning?

Edit -
As shit as Brazil have become they are still highly respected and feared in everything football, and as big a **** as Alves is, he's still a bit qualified realise top talent.

Power n Glory
09-04-2013, 12:57 PM
He really isn't a playmaker. Not yet anyway. Maybe that will develop but I haven't seen many occassions where he's spotted a run or played a pass to perfection. He has moments but it's not that often. I think I was more impressed with Wilshere when he played as a winger. He would just glide pass opponents with ease. He was so good outwide I just couldn't imagine him doing much better in the middle because it's more of a passing game and he's so direct.

Kano
09-04-2013, 01:13 PM
It's not just the media though is it, it's his own fans/manager as well.
well what do you expect?

Özim
09-04-2013, 01:16 PM
well what do you expect?
From his manager, playing down of the hype to keep his feet on the ground.

From the fans recognition that whilst talented he's not a magic fix for our creativity problems, at least not for some time.

Özim
09-04-2013, 01:25 PM
That's why I say he needs to stay fit so he can play more games over a few seasons and properly master his craft.

And what that someone said is pretty much their opinion which I don't particularly have to subscribe to. All our midfielders have had woeful games. Take Santi for example, he's never stood out on a rough night has he? Especially against opposition of note. People mention Rosicky, but he's had more than his fair share of howlers, right? Is there any other worth mentioning?

Edit -
As shit as Brazil have become they are still highly respected and feared in everything football, and as big a **** as Alves is, he's still a bit qualified realise top talent.
I personally think he needs to play games alongside better players that he can learn from to improve more, playing is great but I don't think young players get the best education in our current setup.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion and yes you're right all players have bad game, I just don't think Wilshere has really done all that much yet, he's good to have but he's not crucial to the team at the moment, in time that might change of course.

Rosicky has an obvious impact on games, he's much more direct I've noticed that from day one with us, his injuries have obviously curtailed his impact, Cazorla has playmaking abilities though, he picks passes and makes things happen when playing well and dictates games. Wilshere doesn't really do this, his dribbling is pretty good and he beats men but he doesn't make the team tick like someone like Cazorla can.

Kano
09-04-2013, 01:33 PM
From his manager, playing down of the hype to keep his feet on the ground.

From the fans recognition that whilst talented he's not a magic fix for our creativity problems, at least not for some time.

which is exactly what he has done everytime the england hype has come up. apart from that he has praised his efforts to the team.

so you don't expect fans to get excited about players potential? that in a time when things are quite solemn to look for hope in someone who seems to be as one with the club as they are? sure, if you look at it from a cold, detached, non-understanding point of view from the internet that makes sense.

i rue the day when every single fans has their 'feet on the ground' to become some sort of soulless, robo-fan that assessing all the possibilities before getting a little carried away, proud or excited about something at the football club they support.

idolism is the heart and soul of football.

Özim
09-04-2013, 01:38 PM
which is exactly what he has done everytime the england hype has come up. apart from that he has praised his efforts to the team.

so you don't expect fans to get excited about players potential? that in a time when things are quite solemn to look for hope in someone who seems to be as one with the club as they are? sure, if you look at it from a cold, detached, non-understanding point of view from the internet that makes sense.

i rue the day when every single fans has their 'feet on the ground' to become some sort of soulless, robo-fan that assessing all the possibilities before getting a little carried away, proud or excited about something at the football club they support.

idolism is the heart and soul of football.
I'm not sure Wenger has ever played down expectations about a player, if anything he hypes them up even more.

Yes of course, but I think they need to have shown more than Wilshere has on the pitch, he's not been the most productive in terms of goals or creativity, he's made some nice runs but without really delivering an end product. What usually excites fans is players who can do the unexpected and produce a moment of magic to win matches, he hasn't done that IMO.

Kano
09-04-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm not sure Wenger has ever played down expectations about a player, if anything he hypes them up even more.

Yes of course, but I think they need to have shown more than Wilshere has on the pitch, he's not been the most productive in terms of goals or creativity, he's made some nice runs but without really delivering an end product. What usually excites fans is players who can do the unexpected and produce a moment of magic to win matches, he hasn't done that IMO.
you gave examples of wenger over hyping wilshere for england, can find much for him at arsenal?

fans idolise who they want, to get what THEY want from spending money, or investing time watching the team. that's the point. it is a completely selfish act to allow players to live out the fantasies they want to see played out for them on the pitch. in return, the player becomes king of the hill for however long it lasts. so it doesn't matter what it should or shouldn't be, this is what it is. fans idolise wilshere. whether he has topped the assists charts or bummed out every single game in the season, the fans love him. the driving reason is because he is an Arsenal boy, a rarity in any club, so regardless of what he does on the pitch he'll be adored, and rightly so. how rare is it to see someone who remotely resembles where we come from out there representing the club we love? it's the closest most fans will ever get to pulling on the jersey themselves, which is why they WANT to love him. fans want him to succeed to badly, so invest all hope and dreams into that happening. so it may happen a little prematurely - where is the harm in that?

just think of the many average players who stick around in lower league clubs rarely offering much bar averageness throughout their careers. yet they become legends just because of the fact they have stuck around and REPRESENT the guys watching them.

Özil's Panoramic View
09-04-2013, 02:20 PM
you gave examples of wenger over hyping wilshere for england, can find much for him at arsenal?

fans idolise who they want, to get what THEY want from spending money, or investing time watching the team. that's the point. it is a completely selfish act to allow players to live out the fantasies they want to see played out for them on the pitch. in return, the player becomes king of the hill for however long it lasts. so it doesn't matter what it should or shouldn't be, this is what it is. fans idolise wilshere. whether he has topped the assists charts or bummed out every single game in the season, the fans love him. the driving reason is because he is an Arsenal boy, a rarity in any club, so regardless of what he does on the pitch he'll be adored, and rightly so. how rare is it to see someone who remotely resembles where we come from out there representing the club we love? it's the closest most fans will ever get to pulling on the jersey themselves, which is why they WANT to love him. fans want him to succeed to badly, so invest all hope and dreams into that happening. so it may happen a little prematurely - where is the harm in that?

just think of the many average players who stick around in lower league clubs rarely offering much bar averageness throughout their careers. yet they become legends just because of the fact they have stuck around and REPRESENT the guys watching them.

Top post this....

From a real passionate Gooner's perspective I'd say.

LDG
09-04-2013, 02:53 PM

:gp:

IBK
09-04-2013, 06:07 PM
You don’t have to look far to see the overhype. The story from GG on this thread which has kicked everything off is enough. He’s not a world class player yet, he hasn’t had a fantastic season yet he’s getting plaudits over players who contributed more for us this season. The Theo hype was high but this is bigger because he’s labelled as the saviour of Arsenal and England. Nobody put England or Arsenal’s future on Walcott’s shoulder and talk as if he was key to our success or England’s. That’s what’s happening with Jack at this moment.

Part of the hype is that England fans are so desperate for a MF with genuine flair and technical ability. We have come to the point now where the likes of Jack; Oxlade and Walcott may well stagnate unless we bring in some serious talent that they can learn from. Rosicky and Carzola are performing that role for us ATM, and need to be supplemented. Hopefully a top 4 finish will make it happen. :pray:

BOBN
12-04-2013, 05:21 PM
You guys know if he starts v norwich and we dont win it proves hes bumcheeks right?

Power n Glory
16-04-2013, 10:11 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8643059/Arsenal-will-take-no-more-risks-with-Jack-Wilshere-s-fitness

Arsenal will take no more risks with Jack Wilshere's fitness
....Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger insists he will take no more chances with the fitness of midfielder Jack Wilshere.

The England international missed the whole of last season with an ankle stress fracture and returned to the Arsenal team at the end of last October.

But the 21-year-old, who continues to suffer from an ankle problem, played for an hour in Saturday's 3-1 victory over Norwich following another lay-off.

"I rushed Jack back a bit. He was not completely ready," Wenger said ahead of Tuesday's match with Everton.

"How careful have I to be? To listen well to the medical advice and that is what I have to do, use him when everything is all right and listen to him as well, how he feels.

"Jack has been out for six weeks, so maybe it was a bit too rushed, what I did.

"I will get advice from the medical department and how he feels as well and as well use my experience and the fact I know him very well.

"It was frustrating, because I was flying just before I got injured in March. I felt good, confident, and then picked up another injury."

Jack Wilshere

"He practises with me since he was 16, so I know quite well how his body responds to things."

Wilshere, meanwhile, accepts he probably needs a bit more time to fire on all cylinders again.

"I know it was only six weeks, but you still lose your match sharpness and it takes a few games to come," Wilshere said.

"It was frustrating, because I was flying just before I got injured in March. I felt good, confident, and then picked up another injury.

"Things then drag a little and you lose your sharpness, but this time it wasn't anything like as long as the one before, so hopefully this time I can get it back more quickly.

"I needed that game on Saturday - you always need your first one out of the way.

"I wasn't great, I know it myself, I am better than that, but you need just to get that first game in so that your sharpness and understanding come back."

:doh:

What's wrong with this guy? Why does he continue to repeat the same mistakes and gamble on players fitness?

Grebbo
16-04-2013, 10:59 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8643059/Arsenal-will-take-no-more-risks-with-Jack-Wilshere-s-fitness

:doh:

What's wrong with this guy? Why does he continue to repeat the same mistakes and gamble on players fitness?

And why does he admit it to everyone that he keeps fucking up our players??! Also can't be good for Wilshere to constantly be reading about how fragile he is.

Marc Overmars
16-04-2013, 11:54 AM
No need to rush him back, with his injury record he needs all the time he can get to recover. Besides we've shown we're capable of getting the job done without him.

Power n Glory
16-04-2013, 12:03 PM
This is what I don't get.

http://m.skysports.com/article/football/yourclub/8643059?compid=263&teamid=413

"I will get advice from the medical department and how he feels as well and as well use my experience and the fact I know him very well.

"He practises with me since he was 16, so I know quite well how his body responds to things."

Why isn't he listening to the medical staff in the first place? He knows him well but has crocked him twice already. Is he getting too arrogant? His experience in this area isn't helping us. He should just listen to the medical staff and let him get a full rest. This is the thing Chesney's dad was talking about. Going against medical advice and asking the player if he wants to play. It's BS! I still think he's played a huge part in crocking Diaby and it was probably the same for RVP. He shouldn't ask the player if he wants to play because they'll play on with broken leg if they could.

LDG
16-04-2013, 12:10 PM
If he knew how his (jack's) body responded to things, then the fucktard wouldn't have over played him the season before last....which he admitted he did.

And if he used his experience, then he would have known not to rush him back, which he has just admitted doing against Norwich.

He's a fucking lunatic!!!!!

KSE Comedy Club
16-04-2013, 01:49 PM
If he knew how his (jack's) body responded to things, then the fucktard wouldn't have over played him the season before last....which he admitted he did.

And if he used his experience, then he would have known not to rush him back, which he has just admitted doing against Norwich.

He's a fucking lunatic!!!!!

Oh, he's not some bumbling idiot you know (letters)

Master Splinter
16-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Officially better without Wilfspeer:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2309822/Arsenal-better-Jack-Wilshere.html

BOBN :bow:.

Woz rite all along.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-04-2013, 06:23 PM
fucking wanker

only a fucking idiot makes the same mistakes over, and over, and over, and over again. every year we hope he learns but he doesnt. it wouldnt be so bad if we werent paying him £7.5m a fucking year to make decisions.

get someone with a brain in, not someone with a peanut.

Power n Glory
16-04-2013, 06:30 PM
And he's starting again tonight! Did he see the Daily Mail story and change his mind?

selassie
17-04-2013, 08:52 AM
He's clearly not fit, why is Wenger playing him? :unsure:

Marc Overmars
17-04-2013, 09:02 AM
He looked way off the pace last night, his touch was awful and his little burst just saw him run into trouble. The comments before were baffling, if he's not fit just let him rest, he's not much use to us like this and we have perfectly good options on the bench in Rosicky and Oxlade.

Power n Glory
17-04-2013, 09:27 AM
That’s probably the worst game of Jack’s Arsenal career so far. He was forcing it all game and could have injured himself. He was overplaying and taking on too many players, making blind turns, dodgy touch and bad passing. As soon as he went off we were able to pressure Everton and mount consistent attacks without them breaking down.

Letters
17-04-2013, 09:29 AM
I thought he was better last night than on Saturday but he wasn't at his best.
How's he going to get match fit without playing?

Power n Glory
17-04-2013, 09:33 AM

We don't need him if he's going to hamper us.

Letters
17-04-2013, 09:39 AM
I didn't think he did last night.

Marc Overmars
17-04-2013, 09:44 AM
He was pretty poor, I don't think it was much of a coincidence that we got on top for the last 20 minutes after we made some changes.

Letters
17-04-2013, 09:50 AM
We were on top for the whole second half, and towards the end of the first. The changes did help but bringing on fresh players often does.

Power n Glory
17-04-2013, 10:03 AM
We were on top for the whole second half, and towards the end of the first. The changes did help but bringing on fresh players often does.

We had a very slow start to the second half and we started to dominate after the changes. It shows how crucial that midfield role is and we need everyone on their game. Ramsey and Cazorla really came to life once Jack was off and they were taking on more responsibility in the centre. There is no need to try and play him into fitness. Would you argue Gervinho should be played into fitness if he had two poor games on the trot?

Letters
17-04-2013, 10:08 AM
I would argue Gervinho should be killed.

LDG
17-04-2013, 10:36 AM
:lol:

selassie
17-04-2013, 12:25 PM

He should be eased back into the team. I'm a big fan of Jack but right now he offers the team nothing, he clearly doesn't look anywhere near to being 100% fit.

I have no idea why Rosicky or OX couldn't have started last night, we actually have options at the moment.

Letters
17-04-2013, 01:48 PM
He does need easing back in to an extent but we're running out of games and we need him match fit.
I don't agree he's adding nothing or that we only dominated once he was off the pitch.
He's clearly not at his best but I thought he was a lot better last night than on Saturday.
The result last night was nothing to do with Wilshere, we dominated most of the game but lack a really top class, clinical striker.

KSE Comedy Club
17-04-2013, 01:57 PM
He should of had 20-25 mins at the end.

No way should he have started after starting on Saturday.

Yes he needs games, but we've seen before that he breaks when he's rushed back into it. What's the betting he'll face a late fitness test for the weekend after picking up a knock against Everton.

Letters
17-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Thing is they're all must win games right now. Obviously we're not going to win all of them but unless we're comfortably ahead there's no point bringing on a player lacking match fitness.

Power n Glory
17-04-2013, 02:37 PM
He does need easing back in to an extent but we're running out of games and we need him match fit.
I don't agree he's adding nothing or that we only dominated once he was off the pitch.
He's clearly not at his best but I thought he was a lot better last night than on Saturday.
The result last night was nothing to do with Wilshere, we dominated most of the game but lack a really top class, clinical striker.

It's worth rewatching that match and seeing how things changed in the 2nd half.

Grebbo
17-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Things changing in the second half doesn't mean it would have been like that from the start.

Walcott, for example, often changes the game when he comes on as a sub. Everyone then wants him to start and he then often disappoints.

Wilshere is head and shoulders above any midfielder we have so it's worth risking a not match sharp Wilshere because he could have won us the game. Turns out he was pretty shit. That's football.

Letters
17-04-2013, 02:52 PM
It's worth rewatching that match and seeing how things changed in the 2nd half.
I'm not disagreeing that the subs freshened things up and taking Jack off was the right call, but I don't think it was only after the substitutions that we started to dominate. Just how I saw it :shrug:

Marc Overmars
17-04-2013, 03:00 PM
I do think we had better options on the bench, I didn't see the need to play a less than 100% Wilshere. But yes, the main reason we didn't win is because our forwards are not very good.

fakeyank
17-04-2013, 03:10 PM
I would argue Gervinho should be killed.

Racist <_<

Power n Glory
17-04-2013, 03:19 PM
I'm not disagreeing that the subs freshened things up and taking Jack off was the right call, but I don't think it was only after the substitutions that we started to dominate. Just how I saw it :shrug:

It’s worth watching the game again cause you’ll see how many times Wilshere gives away the ball. Fresh legs is one thing but our best players were Ramsey and Cazorla once they took centre stage in the middle. It was a huge difference and the stats showed 70% possession 10 minutes after the subs. That wasn’t the case in the 2nd half and it was a very scrappy affair with some poor play. We don’t need to rush Wilshere back because we’ve been winning without him.

Power n Glory
17-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Things changing in the second half doesn't mean it would have been like that from the start.

Walcott, for example, often changes the game when he comes on as a sub. Everyone then wants him to start and he then often disappoints.

Wilshere is head and shoulders above any midfielder we have so it's worth risking a not match sharp Wilshere because he could have won us the game. Turns out he was pretty shit. That's football.

:lol: He really isn't head and shoulders above the rest. Cazorla is our best midfielder. Rosicky is next and he was fit yesterday but kept on the bench. Considering Wilshere was rushed back and Wenger admitted taking a gamble, something he said he wouldn't do again, how can he then play the kid again 72 hours after admitting he shouldn't be playing?

It wasn't worth the risk. We dropped points and couldn't have risked losing him to injury again.

Özim
17-04-2013, 04:59 PM
I disagree, Cazorla and Rosicky are better players right now.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-04-2013, 06:09 PM
wilshere is not an AM. none of his stats back it up.

he's a deep lying playmaker.

he was incredible there for us but wengerbot cant see it.

IBK
17-04-2013, 06:28 PM

Yes. The annoying thing for me is Wumger's comments.

selassie
19-04-2013, 01:13 PM

No he's not. Cazorla is our best midfielder. Assuming he keeps on "developing" then Jack will be.

Kano
19-04-2013, 01:22 PM
No he's not. Cazorla is our best midfielder. Assuming he keeps on "developing" then Jack will be.
i agree. wilshere will have to earn his place back and the difficulty will remain in how we accommodate both of them in a first eleven as caz doesn't work well out wide.

Grebbo
24-04-2013, 09:49 PM
If Wilshere develops into a decent player then he's gone.

Mario Gotze's been at Dortmund since he was 8 yrs old and has just signed for their big German rivals. And just to add salt to the wound the deal is announced before a Champs Lge semi final and possible final against his new club.

I know there's no loyalty in football but that really is a shitter.

Make no mistake that Jack will do exactly the same if he becomes a top player. He'll have even more justification because Arsenal are shit whereas Dortmund are pretty awesome which makes the Gotze move even harder to swallow for their fans.

Cripps_orig
24-04-2013, 10:28 PM
He pretty much guaranteed he's going as soon as he signed his 80k a week contract.

That much money already and he's not done a thing yet.

When the time comes to talk about another contract, he'll want much more which we won't pay and he'll be off. Only question is who to?

Kano
24-04-2013, 10:35 PM
next home game you go to and he's playing, stand up and boo. kick it off and be proactive in your approach.

in fact, do it for everyone decent that plays for us because everything, forever will always be miserable.

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Not sure where this anti-Wilshere shit is coming from. The kid gives everything when he's on the pitch, he's got more balls than the rest of the squad combined, he's England's brightest prospect, he signed his contract with no fuss and says he's happy at the club. Perfectly good grounds to slaughter him I suppose. Why are people blaming the player for the shit the media comes out with?

IBK
25-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Not sure where this anti-Wilshere shit is coming from. The kid gives everything when he's on the pitch, he's got more balls than the rest of the squad combined, he's England's brightest prospect, he signed his contract with no fuss and says he's happy at the club. Perfectly good grounds to slaughter him I suppose. Why are people blaming the player for the shit the media comes out with?

Isn't it directed at the club and it's wage structure more than the player? Personally my concern with Jack is that we will break him before he has the chance to really make it.

selassie
25-04-2013, 12:42 PM
If Wilshere develops into a decent player then he's gone.

Mario Gotze's been at Dortmund since he was 8 yrs old and has just signed for their big German rivals. And just to add salt to the wound the deal is announced before a Champs Lge semi final and possible final against his new club.

I know there's no loyalty in football but that really is a shitter.

Make no mistake that Jack will do exactly the same if he becomes a top player. He'll have even more justification because Arsenal are shit whereas Dortmund are pretty awesome which makes the Gotze move even harder to swallow for their fans.

Yep, any half decent ambitious player that wants to win things leaves here. Why on earth would they stay when we never improve the team and have a number of bonkers "self-created policies".

Cripps_orig
15-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Ever since Jack Wilshere left the field after just seven minutes of Arsenal’s pre-season match against New York Red Bulls in July 2011, having picked up a knock that initial scans showed to be a ‘minor ankle injury’, he has been locked in a battle against his own body.

It was a battle he thought he’d won when, 15 months after the initial injury – eventually diagnosed as a stress fracture – he was back in an Arsenal shirt and making his first senior appearance for the club in 524 days. But it turned out to be little more than a ceasefire. By the end of last season, Wilshere was under the surgeon’s knife again – and forced into combat once more.

He’s four weeks into pre-season when Sport meets him at the Luton Hoo Hotel – a vast estate on the outskirts of Hertfordshire, where the serving of high tea proves to be a useful distraction from the arrival of one of the hottest properties in English football. Dressed casually in jeans and a plain white tee, Wilshere strolls through the lounge area attracting little more than a lingering look from guests with more pressing matters on their minds: jam then cream on the scone, or cream then jam? One can never quite decide.

His day so far has consisted of a single training session – something for which the midfielder is thankful, because it comes sandwiched between two days of gruelling double sessions that combine fitness work and agility drills with more technical exercises. Not that Wilshere is complaining.

“It’s the first time I’ve had a full pre-season in two years,” he says. “We’ve done a lot of strength and power training, and I finally feel like I’m up to speed with everyone else. I’m feeling ready.”

And the ankle? Wilshere glances down at the right leg that has been so troublesome for the past two years. “It was bothering me towards the end of last season, when I was on the bench a bit,” he says. “I needed to get a run of games for me to feel better, and I just couldn’t get going. But I had an operation at the start of this summer, to take out the screws I had put in and replace them with screws that don’t have a head, so it should hopefully be better now. For good.”

Frustration has been the buzzword for Arsenal supporters unhappy with the team’s inconsistent form in recent seasons, but it’s one that Wilshere can relate to on a very personal level, too.

“The original injury feels like it was a really long time ago,” he explains. “Because when you’re injured and you’re not doing what you love, it’s horrible and the time just drags. It was the first time I had to have surgery on an injury, too. So when I heard I needed an operation, it felt like it was really serious. And I suppose it was.

“Going through that whole process of rehabilitation and physio work was really eye-opening, though. Before, you might have seen injured players in the gym and thought: ‘Oh, they’re not working that hard’. But it makes you realise that isn’t true. You have to work hard, keep your fitness up and do the work the physios set you... otherwise you won’t come back as strong.”

The birth of his son Archie came just three days after Wilshere’s surgery for the initial injury, in September 2011. It was, he says, the perfect distraction from the monotony of the repetitive rehab regime: ice, sit, ice, sit. Repeat ad nauseam.

“He sort of kept me going,” says Wilshere, a warm smile inevitably appearing as he talks about his son. “When I was unable to do things and had all that time off, instead of sitting there doing nothing, I was with my son and could get to know him a bit. So many footballers are away when their kids are born, so I was lucky in that sense. Does he take after me?

"People do say he’s a bit like me in the way he walks and runs, even though he’s not quite two yet. And he’s kicking a ball now – but he’s kicking with his right foot, which is a bit different. The temper tantrums have just started as well, so he can get angry easily. But it’s never for very long.”

The rehab process is one most players have to endure at some point during their careers – and fathering a child isn’t the right solution for everyone – but Wilshere is one of the unfortunate few for whom the journey from operating room to dressing room has involved more detours, delays and random red lights than a trip on the London Underground.

“It’s hard, especially when, like me, you have a few setbacks,” he admits. “They’re probably the worst thing you can have. You work towards a target, and then all of a sudden you’re out for longer.

“You’re seeing all the boys going out to train and it’s just so frustrating. Is it hard to stay motivated? Sometimes, but you just have to get your head down and do it, because if you don’t you’re not going to come back as strong.”

Wilshere’s last few words begin to reveal the fear that gnawed away at him throughout his time on the sidelines – one that must enter the brain of every injured player at one stage of their rehab: will I ever be the same player again?

“I never ever questioned whether I would play football again – I always knew I would,” he says. “But you do question whether you’re going to come back to the same level you were at when you left. The game is always moving forward – it’s getting quicker, and the players are getting more aggressive.

“So when you’re out of the game for as long as I was, you start to question that. And that’s the tough bit, you know, because you can see other players getting better and better while you’re stuck in the gym. All you want is to be out there on the pitch improving, but you can’t. Mentally it’s really hard, especially when you’re 18, 19 or 20 years old. Because that’s when you’re learning the game and always improving. So to miss out on so much of that time was tough.”

But Wilshere has spent much of his young life dreaming of playing for Arsenal – ever since he joined the club’s academy as a fiercely determined nine-year-old in October 2001 and set his sights on joining Arsène Wenger’s squad of Invincibles. It was never something he was going to give up without one heck of a fight.

Returning to first-team action in October 2012, Wilshere was immediately thrust into another battle, as Arsenal looked to bounce back from two straight defeats. He was told by Arsene Wenger at 10.30am on the morning of the game against Queens Park Rangers that he would be in the starting XI, with the Arsenal manager reasoning: “Sometimes I think it is better that you don’t have much time to think about it when you have been out for a long time.” Wilshere emerged unscathed from 67 minutes of combative football, and the Gunners were back to winning ways thanks to a late winner from Mikel Arteta.

But, as the season progressed, the Gunners found themselves knocked out of one competition after another – and slipping further down the league table. A 2-1 defeat to Tottenham in March left Arsenal seven points behind their bitter local rivals, with many feeling the balance of power in north London had shifted away from the Emirates towards the Seven Sisters Road. Was there a feeling among the players that they had been written off too early?

“That happens every year, I think,” says Wilshere defiantly. “Even this year, I’ve been reading things like: ‘Arsenal aren’t title contenders.’ But we’ve had that for years. We feel we have a great squad, as we showed towards the end of last season, when we went 11 games unbeaten [after losing that game at Tottenham]. So if we can reproduce that form, then we have a chance. When we had to get the results, we went out there and got them. And that’s what we need to take into this season.”

There is no doubting this is a crucial season for the club, with that trophy-related statistic bound to drag along behind the team until some silverware finds its way into the Emirates trophy cupboard.

“We understand the fans’ frustration, because we care as well,” says Wilshere. “Arsenal used to be a team that won everything, you know – trophies and titles. But now we haven’t won anything for eight years, so we know what we have to do. It’s time to start producing trophies and being closer to the top of the league at the end of the season. We don’t just want to be fighting for fourth place – we want to be up there with the likes of Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United. We feel we’re good enough to be there.

“Last season, we lost games in cup competitions in which we could have been there at the end. We lost against Bradford away [in the League Cup] and Blackburn at home [in the FA Cup]. We should never be losing games like that. But this year we have to get over that, grow up a bit and realise that we need a trophy – Arsenal’s too good not to be winning trophies. We’ll be in four competitions this year. We know we have to win one of them.”

While little has changed in the Arsenal bubble since the end of last season, little has remained the same among the rest of the so-called ‘big four’. The managerial departures at Manchester United, City and Chelsea leave Wenger as the longest serving manager in the country – one statistic Wilshere is hoping could give Arsenal an edge in the title race this season.

“Time will tell, but sometimes players don’t get on with new managers, or they come in and change things [which doesn’t sit well with the players],” he says. “It will be interesting to see what happens – hopefully it will mix a few things up.”

Wilshere admits to being shocked when he heard news of Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement from the game, just like the rest of the football world.

And, when it comes to the endless stream of transfer rumours that spend the summer months being angrily denied, refuted and rebuffed (before becoming reality in the days leading up to September 2), he says the players are no more enlightened than the rest of us.

“I suppose we’re a bit like the fans, we just see it on Sky Sports News or read it in the paper,” he insists. “We get excited like a fan if we see the likes of Luis Suárez – who has been mentioned – linked with the club. He’s a world-class player, so of course you get excited, and the boys would be excited, too. But who knows what will happen? Are we the last ones to know when a deal is done? I suppose we are – no-one really wants to ask the boss what’s going on.”

Wilshere laughs as he imagines how Wenger would react to a group of excited players joining the media throng in quizzing him on the possible incomings at Arsenal. But he knows that, when Arsenal kick off their season against Aston Villa at the Emirates on Saturday afternoon, the Gunners squad as it currently stands will need to be united in their determination to bring success back to the club.

“I’m ready now,” he says, fixing us with a steely stare. “And if the boss wants me to play 40 or 50 games this season, then I’m ready to do that."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-wilshere-we-dont-want-be-fighting-fourth-13081555730#KKhhGhUR17OMH7Lg.99

He's gone next summer

hobson's choice
15-08-2013, 07:13 PM
He's gone next summer

Meh, good player, but nothing special.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Meh, good player, but nothing special.

I agree but he's questioning the holy grail of 4th place.

He's gone

Grebbo
23-08-2013, 05:14 PM
So it's Jack's last season with us.

Will probably go on to become a superstar

:wave:

"I want to win things with Arsenal and I want to be there in the future, but if the boss leaves then things could change," Wilshere is quoted as saying to Zapsportz.com.

"Arsenal are always in my heart and by signing a deal for the next five years shows my commitment to them and their commitment to me so at the moment everything is good.

"Arsene Wenger has been there for so many years and he's always delivered trophies.

"OK we've had a little dip in the last five or six years, but he's a great manager and people who question his ability are ridiculous.

"He's qualified for the Champions League for 16 years so I think he's the right man for the job."

Cripps_orig
23-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Bye

GP
23-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Zapsportz.com

Well I'm convinced

Munchies
23-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Even if Wenger would stay for x amount of years onwards, I can't see Jackie boy staying with us if things dont improve.

Master Splinter
23-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Jack owes Wenger for his career, just like Vieira, Henry, Cisc and RVC.

He'll definitely be loyal and stay like they did.

GP
23-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Who cares, he's not that good anyway.

Cripps_orig
23-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Jack owes Wenger for his career, just like Vieira, Henry, Cisc and RVC.

He'll definitely be loyal and stay like they did.

Tbf Vieira and Henry were already founded by AC and Juve respectively so Wenger takes no credit there.

Cesc and RVC are cunts. Congrats to Wenger for that.

Master Splinter
23-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Who cares, he's not that good anyway.

Pretty much.

The English Darren Fletcher.

Ramsey is much better.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Zapsportz.com

Well I'm convinced

Sounds like a Pokemon.

Master Splinter
23-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Tbf Vieira and Henry were already founded by AC and Juve respectively so Wenger takes no credit there.

Cesc and RVC are cunts. Congrats to Wenger for that.

Vieira would have been about as good as Lass if Wenger hadn't rescued him. Henry would have been a shit winger, like Ben Arfa, slumming it at Newcastle.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
23-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Pretty much.

The English Darren Fletcher.

Ramsey is much better.

I prowl around ever vigilant of people deluded enough to rate Ramsey as anything other than shambolic

Frankly i agree that Wilshere is average now and no big side will come in for him, but average is still ten times better than Ramsey.

Cripps_orig
23-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Lass :lol:

Ben Arfa is awesome tbh. Scored GOTS couple of seasons back. Injured last season. Would take him over any of our midfielders for sure.

Cripps_orig
23-08-2013, 06:39 PM
I prowl around ever vigilant of people deluded enough to rate Ramsey as anything other than shambolic

Frankly i agree that Wilshere is average now and no big side will come in for him, but average is still ten times better than Ramsey.

Not the biggest fan of Ramsey but he was a bit awesome v Fenerbahce. More of that and he'll be the next David Hillier for sure.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
23-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Not the biggest fan of Ramsey but he was a bit awesome v Fenerbahce. More of that and he'll be the next David Hillier for sure.

Finally a realistic comparison....i'd say the new Steve Morrow myself though

Marc Overmars
23-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Wilshere gives away the ball far too cheaply, more than any other guy in our midfield. He's very average in reality but because he's a little Englander it gets overlooked.

BOBN woz rite.

Cripps_orig
23-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Finally a realistic comparison....i'd say the new Steve Morrow myself though

Can't see Ramsey scoring a winner in a final.

More cos us winning a trophy won't be happening in his arsenal career

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
23-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Wilshere gives away the ball far too cheaply, more than any other guy in our midfield. He's very average in reality but because he's a little Englander it gets overlooked.

BOBN woz rite.

No-one gives the ball away more than Ramsey, Jack gives the ball away more than he should because he refuses to give the ball to Ramsey you can see it....he knows passing to that muppet is going to end in tears.
Other players in the team get targeted on shows like Match of the Day like on Saturday both Wilshere and Cazorla were dispossesed but because it's such a routine occurence for Ramsey it hardly warrants mentioning.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
23-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Can't see Ramsey scoring a winner in a final.

More cos us winning a trophy won't be happening in his arsenal career

I'd be quite happy to see that happen him scoring in a major final and then mertesacker heaving him up on his shoulders and then dropping him....although i say dropping him as if it would be an accidental occurence.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2013, 06:56 PM
LOL. Wilshere is several levels above anyone bar Cazorla and perhaps Rosicky. There's a big difference between good players and players who are playing well. Ramsey is playing beyond himself at the moment, Wilshere is playing way, way below his level - a year out with injury, etc, etc,. When he matures a bit he'll be an excellent player and we will sell him. Some Utd fans already assume he'll be joining them in 2-3 years and they are probably correct.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2013, 06:58 PM
No-one gives the ball away more than Ramsey, Jack gives the ball away more than he should because he refuses to give the ball to Ramsey you can see it....he knows passing to that muppet is going to end in tears.
Other players in the team get targeted on shows like Match of the Day like on Saturday both Wilshere and Cazorla were dispossesed but because it's such a routine occurence for Ramsey it hardly warrants mentioning.

Theo Walcott gives the ball away more than anyone else in the team, this is extremely simple to witness every match. He also gives it away in crucial positions that switches momentum from attack to defence. Ramsey is giving away the ball a lot less these days and the much maligned Arteta hardly ever gives it away. People give Walcott a pass and lay into Arteta, amazing really as if they are blind.

Master Splinter
23-08-2013, 07:05 PM
I hate Ramsey and wish he dies because he's soooooooooooo bad and he's deaf dumb blind gay spastic and deserves to live his every waking minute in constant sufferance for no other reason than I'm a bit stupid. Fuck yes, irrational analysis and abuse is fucking great.

Özim
23-08-2013, 07:46 PM
I hate Ramsey and wish he dies because he's soooooooooooo bad and he's deaf dumb blind gay spastic and deserves to live his every waking minute in constant sufferance for no other reason than I'm a bit stupid. Fuck yes, irrational analysis and abuse is fucking great.

It's funny coz peeple swear about Ramzy a lot and fink hees shit.

ROFL just ROFL at Ramzy.

Cripps_orig
23-08-2013, 07:51 PM
It's funny coz peeple swear about Ramzy a lot and fink hees shit.

ROFL just ROFL at Ramzy.

:haha:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
23-08-2013, 10:41 PM

don't be a tit all your life, i just see people praising him all the time and i think what for?......any midfielder could have dominated that Fenerbahce side with enough space and time on the ball....and we have seen game in, game out in the league the amount of times Ramsey fucks things up even when he is given space and time....so why should i laud him because he gives one performance that isn't totally retched.
I don't see this improvement every one is talking about i just see a player being played game in, game out simply because he is space filler.....he was being called a hod carrier at the end of last season....a hod carrier does all the things like running their legs off for 90 minutes winning back the ball with good tackling, holding up play for other people...protecting the back four...and Ramsey does none of these things.
He is someone capable of making decent passes.....and the fact that he doesn't seems to suggest very poor decision making and a lack of a footballing brain.....also look at the emirates cup especially against Napoli where you have one player with pace charging through our midfield and Ramsey labouring back without even a prayer of making an interception and you know i could even forgive him that if i felt he was busting a gut to try and get back but he isn't.....he's carrying on at his own sweet pace.
I don't know Ramsey personally so suffice to say i don't hate him as a person, i just hate the fact that i see him in the first xi and i know that invariably in one stage of the game especially at the Emirates where we seem most vulnerable to the counter attack that the back four will be left exposed by him being in no man's land and either Arteta or Wilshere being left with far too much ground to cover.
My targeting of Ramsey is because he occupies a position on the park where his negligence and incompitence tends to put us under tremendous pressure, and when he was used more seldolmly you could tell the difference markedly in composure and ball retention in midfield from when he played to when he didn't play.

Penguin
24-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Jack Wilshere has reportedly branded Arsene Wenger's critics "ridiculous" and warned he would have to reconsider his future at Arsenal if the Frenchman were to leave the club.

Wenger has come under fire for the Gunners' failure so far this summer to make any significant signings after failing with approaches for Gonzalo Higuain, Wayne Rooney, Luis Suarez and Luiz Gustavo.

The fallout from the 3-1 defeat by Aston Villa last Saturday saw the Arsenal Supporters' Trust declare it would be "inappropriate" for the board to offer him a new contract until the transfer window closes.

In comments published online, Wilshere insists should Wenger depart the club it might affect his own future.

"I want to win things with Arsenal and I want to be there in the future, but if the boss leaves then things could change," Wilshere is quoted as saying to Zapsportz.com.

"Arsenal are always in my heart and by signing a deal for the next five years shows my commitment to them and their commitment to me so at the moment everything is good.

"Arsene Wenger has been there for so many years and he's always delivered trophies.

"OK we've had a little dip in the last five or six years, but he's a great manager and people who question his ability are ridiculous.

"He's qualified for the Champions League for 16 years so I think he's the right man for the job."

FFS Jack. :banghead:

Özil's Panoramic View
24-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Oh dear lord. Wenger has brainwashed the poor lad. He clearly can't see he's being run into the ground by a terrible manager.

He must feel special being elevated to key player status at such a young age, not realising that it's by default, as Wenger has sold off our crown jewels leaving a pretty shit squad to serve up some dire football.

Özim
24-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Ah well, so much for loving the club eh! If he choose to leave that's up to him, based on what he's done so far not a great loss, no end product to his game, always running into players at the wrong moment our holding onto the ball too long.

Also unlike what he's said Wenger hasn't always delivered trophies, he says he hasn't in the last 5-6 years (even if this was true it wouldn't be "always") but it's actually 8 years.

I'm not a big fan of him right now if I'm honest, he's not achieved anything and hasn't been that good, but he's suddenly become big headed and thinks he's a world beater.

Özil's Panoramic View
24-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Ah well, so much for loving the club eh! If he choose to leave that's up to him, based on what he's done so far not a great loss, no end product to his game, always running into players at the wrong moment our holding onto the ball too long.

Also unlike what he's said Wenger hasn't always delivered trophies, he says he hasn't in the last 5-6 years (even if this was true it wouldn't be "always") but it's actually 8 years.

I'm not a big fan of him right now if I'm honest, he's not achieved anything and hasn't been that good, but he's suddenly become big headed and thinks he's a world beater.

Under a proper manager and he could develop into something around the special mark. He has all the right attributes to be a proper player, but 2 more seasons under Wenger, with no decent player around to learn from, whilst being burdened to carry the dross, and I really fear for the lad's development and progression.

Özim
24-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Under a proper manager and he could develop into something around the special mark. He has all the right attributes to be a proper player, but 2 more seasons under Wenger, with no decent player around to learn from, whilst being burdened to carry the dross, and I really fear for the lad's development and progression.

He's got lots of potential for sure, but it seems he thinks Wenger is the be all and end all even putting out a thinly veiled threat he could leave if Wenger was forced to move on.

That's not loyalty to the club at all.

Penguin
24-08-2013, 10:26 AM
He isn't a world beater yet but he probably will become one. And I want to watch him develop into that at Arsenal. It would be a hundred times more painful to see him in a rival's shirt than it was for someone like RvP as you would expect him to have more of an affiliation and love for the club. I'm really disappointed at those comments.

Fair enough if he's just sticking up for the manager but the sceptical side of me thinks he's getting his excuses in so he can eventually move to a trophy challenging club.

Cripps_orig
24-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Yeah he's gone.

Not really fussed. He's been a bit shit

Power n Glory
24-08-2013, 10:39 AM
It's all hot air and support for the manager. But he can piss off with that sort of talk. This isn't Arsene FC and he needs to remember what it says on his badge!

KSE Comedy Club
24-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Yeh maybe the thread title should be changed to 'useless jack and useless jack related news'

Özil's Panoramic View
24-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Then again, he could be using a bit of craft to ease his way through the exit door. A Board member, who happens to rate him highly, might have pinched him the news that Wenger is 100% on is way out come end of season :pray: and as such, he sees it as a perfect exit strategy - make up a fuss about not staying should Wenger leave. That way no one can say he didn't declare his intentions way ahead of time.

Ffs I've just pulled a bit of an ollie here. :doh:

Cripps_orig
24-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Been dropped for today.

Jack :haha:

Özil's Panoramic View
24-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Been dropped for today.

Jack :haha:

oh dear. :haha:

strategy already in full effect.

fakeyank
24-08-2013, 11:20 AM
He can fuck off- the crock POS. We are average with him and we will be average without him.

GTFO Jack and find your Arsene FC and play for them

BOBN
25-08-2013, 07:10 AM
And the trend for last season continues. When hes nowhere to be seen we perform better.

I heard Henry Winter on 5live saying hes one of the best players in the world.... this plum has one Arsenal league goal in his career. How dare this fool make threats.

Arguably the most overrated player in Britain.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-08-2013, 07:32 AM
And the trend for last season continues. When hes nowhere to be seen we perform better.

I heard Henry Winter on 5live saying hes one of the best players in the world.... this plum has one Arsenal league goal in his career. How dare this fool make threats.

Well as long as he takes Ramsey with him when he goes, although if he did it would be more out of a sense of obligation like George with Lenny in Of Mice and Men.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-08-2013, 08:17 AM

Phil Thompson said he is our best player and couldn't understand why he wasn't playing (although that was probably to protect him). :lol:

He need proper coaching, he's not going to be successful if you just let him be free-form, plus he will get a leg seriously injured the way he plays.

Ollie the Optimist
25-08-2013, 09:25 AM
A player in supporting a manager who gave him everything shock.

Jack owes his career so far to wenger, it's no surprise that he supports him. Like Henry, or fabregas, they owe everything to wenger amd don't speak badly of him for that reason.

Penguin
25-08-2013, 09:37 AM
He could support the manager without threatening to leave

Power n Glory
25-08-2013, 09:37 AM
A player in supporting a manager who gave him everything shock.

Jack owes his career so far to wenger, it's no surprise that he supports him. Like Henry, or fabregas, they owe everything to wenger amd don't speak badly of him for that reason.

Supporting the manager is natural and I wouldn't fault that but he needs to be careful about saying he'd consider his future if Wenger left. I know he didn't use those exact words but he's hinting at it. Could have been a ploy by the journalist but I would like to think Jack is committed to the club. He just signed a new deal FFS.

Ollie the Optimist
25-08-2013, 09:40 AM
He could support the manager without threatening to leave

He could but its also a human reaction to consider things if a boss leaves. You work with someone for a long time, get to know them etc etc amd then they leave, you would consider your options. It's not just a football thing either, it's the same for any business.

I understand what jack is saying and he has said nothing wrong IMO but I agree that it wasn't wisest move to talk about leaving, however yesterday he tweeted he was proud to have played 100 games and hopefully another 600 to go

Ollie the Optimist
25-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Supporting the manager is natural and I wouldn't fault that but he needs to be careful about saying he'd consider his future if Wenger left. I know he didn't use those exact words but he's hinting at it. Could have been a ploy by the journalist but I would like to think Jack is committed to the club. He just signed a new deal FFS.

Just replied to penguin about that! But about being committed, he tweeted saying he was proud to play 100 games and hopefully another 600 to go. I think that shows his committment :)

KSE Comedy Club
25-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Let them talk him up as the best player in the world.

Just means we'll get a bigger fee when the time comes :coffee:

Marc Overmars
25-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Phil Thompson said he is our best player and couldn't understand why he wasn't playing (although that was probably to protect him). :lol:

He need proper coaching, he's not going to be successful if you just let him be free-form, plus he will get a leg seriously injured the way he plays.

I cringe every time he lunges in to reach a ball not in his favour.

Also, when he constantly tries to use the pace on the ball to turn his marker. Sometimes he gets free, most of the time though he runs in to more brick walls than Theo.

Cazorla, Rosicky and Ramsey are all comfortably better than him at the moment.

Power n Glory
25-08-2013, 10:08 AM
It's easy to Tweet that.

Özim
25-08-2013, 11:33 AM
I cringe every time he lunges in to reach a ball not in his favour.

Also, when he constantly tries to use the pace on the ball to turn his marker. Sometimes he gets free, most of the time though he runs in to more brick walls than Theo.

Cazorla, Rosicky and Ramsey are all comfortably better than him at the moment.

Totally agree, I also cringe whenever he talks, he comes across as so chavvy.

He's been hyped up beyond belief and got his brand new big contract based on hot air, nothing new at Arsenal we put youngsters on ridiculous wages when they've never done anything all the time.

He's got potential but that's all it is at the moment and he rarely does anything in games. As for loyalty, well he talks about it all the time and then comes out with thinly veiled threats like this, he's no more loyal than any other player, if a big club came knocking (they've no reason to at the moment) he'd be off without a 2nd thought.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2013, 04:02 PM
I wonder how much more shit can be piled on top of a young player trying to come back from a season long injury? I guess we'll find out as time goes on.

Cripps_orig
25-08-2013, 05:14 PM
How much time should a player get before using an injury to defend his shitness doesn't wash anymore?

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2013, 05:41 PM
How much time should a player get before using an injury to defend his shitness doesn't wash anymore?

More than a handful of games I would suppose. Some here give more support to RvP and Nasri than to Jack, which is very odd.

Grebbo
25-08-2013, 05:44 PM
At the moment he's not great but he's recovering from hardly playing any football last season and the entire previous season he was injured.

He's still learning the game FFS. He's played 100 games for us - that's nothing, that's about two seasons of top level football!!!! What are people expecting from a 21 yr old rookie who's coming back from a serious injury and missed a shit load of football??

IF Jack reaches his potential then we've got a world class player on our hands. Go and re-watch the Barca at home game to see how good he can be.

You gotta be patient with a 21 yr old who's still learning the game at it's top level. If he's still running into brick walls when he's 25 then we can criticise.

Cripps_orig
25-08-2013, 05:49 PM
More than a handful of games I would suppose. Some here give more support to RvP and Nasri than to Jack, which is very odd.

He's been back a year.

Since then he's had more injuries. In the games he played, he's been a bit shit.

During that time he has signed a new contract worth 80k+ a week. What has he done to deserve that?

Grebbo
25-08-2013, 05:53 PM
During that time he has signed a new contract worth 80k+ a week. What has he done to deserve that?

The alternative is not giving him a new contract and he becomes good and then leaves for free/peanuts.

Granted we could pay him £80k pw for 5 years and have a sicknote on hour hands like Diaby.

It's a risk the club has to decide whether to take or not.

Cripps_orig
25-08-2013, 06:04 PM
How about giving him a contract when he turns good?

All we've done now is ensure he's gone cos he will want a pay rise come next renewal time which we won't give cos we have a wage structure.

Grebbo
25-08-2013, 06:08 PM
How about giving him a contract when he turns good?

All we've done now is ensure he's gone cos he will want a pay rise come next renewal time which we won't give cos we have a wage structure.

If you wait until he turns good then you've probably got a 23 yr good Jack Wilshere on your hands with a year left on his deal.

He'd be gone.

Power n Glory
25-08-2013, 06:13 PM
The alternative is not giving him a new contract and he becomes good and then leaves for free/peanuts.

Granted we could pay him £80k pw for 5 years and have a sicknote on hour hands like Diaby.

It's a risk the club has to decide whether to take or not.

Handing him a new deal is fine. We don't want him to run down his deal but it shows how silly the club are to give him those wages. I'm pretty sure he'd have accepted £40k - £60k in wages. He's done nothing to earn that and shouldn't be on more than certain long serving senior players. I'm guessing he's on more than Sagna and Rosicky. It's a massive leap in a short period. How long was Song playing for the club and they kept giving him the run around on a new deal? He was a player that was actually hitting his stride. It's very silly and based on the fact that he's English and we're trying to mould a new club mascot. All this talk of potentially being world class and loyalty....let's wait and see. I'm looking at him in a new light with that contract. He needs to up his game and he can't have guys like Ramsey out performing you. I'm sure it's down to match fitness and being out for a year but you take the sour and sweet. He's not playing well and shouldn't be starting.

Özim
25-08-2013, 07:46 PM

100 games isn't a handful, he gets treated like some sort of demi God by many despite really having done little to deserve it, if he wasn't English noone would give a t*ss about him to be honest. Before he comes out with these threats about possibly leaving if Wenger is forced out maybe he should get his facts right and actually make sure people respect him as a footballer for what he's done!

Özim
25-08-2013, 07:53 PM
At the moment he's not great but he's recovering from hardly playing any football last season and the entire previous season he was injured.

He's still learning the game FFS. He's played 100 games for us - that's nothing, that's about two seasons of top level football!!!! What are people expecting from a 21 yr old rookie who's coming back from a serious injury and missed a shit load of football??

IF Jack reaches his potential then we've got a world class player on our hands. Go and re-watch the Barca at home game to see how good he can be.

You gotta be patient with a 21 yr old who's still learning the game at it's top level. If he's still running into brick walls when he's 25 then we can criticise.

He talks a bit too much for my liking, on twitter, to the press etc....he already think he's made it in the big time, if he concentrated on his football a bit more maybe he'd be a bit better.

So far he's basically picking up the ball and running into brick walls, he does barely any constructive, I don't expect miracles but I do expect a bit more end product than he delivers, he gets an easy ride compared to others tbh.

One game proves little because every player has one really good game, we can go back to Diaby in the CC final 6 years ago now, we've had plenty of young "stars" and where are most of them now, if he wasn't English noone would have given him a 2nd look to be honest, he basically got a big contract off the back of hype and what's most worrying is his opinion of himself which this htreat to the fans highlights......how dare he tell the fans how they should feel, apparently he thinks AW always wins, well maybe he should go and check out out history in the last 8 years to see how much he's actually won before spouting cr*p.

Marc Overmars
25-08-2013, 08:09 PM
If you wait until he turns good then you've probably got a 23 yr good Jack Wilshere on your hands with a year left on his deal.

He'd be gone.

Well if he's the die hard Gooner we all think he is it shouldn't be a problem.

Özim
25-08-2013, 08:11 PM

That's the thing, he isn't, he's a Wengerite and who really wants those around.

Ollie the Optimist
25-08-2013, 09:57 PM
We've seen how long it's taken Ramsey to really come into form from his injury, he's now 22 amd showing us what he can do. Lets not write jack off that he won't be any good after injuries given he was out for a year them had an injury hit season last year. We all saw how good he was in 2011, he will get better.

It's clear on the pitch he gives everything, after every game wether it's a win draw or loss, he goes around the pitch clapping the fans, he cares about this club or he wouldn't do that. He'd walk off like everyone else. But I guess for some, because he supports wenger, he needs to go and is clearly shit, some people need to take the blinkers off. It's fine to debate jacks ability, but some seem to be skating him purely because he supports wenger amd they don't

Özim
25-08-2013, 10:03 PM
It's hypocritical to announce your undying love for a club and then say that if Wenger were to leave you'd have to consider his position.

Firstly that's not loyalty to the club or the fans, secondly it seems he thinks he's some sort of big shot, as for clapping the fans...meaningless when you come out with sh*t like this, but then to be fair he doesn't come across as the brightest.

As for his ability on the pitch, I think he's been overhyped and right now he's a disappointment on the pitch and well down the pecking order based on what he does there.

Some of these guys get hyped beyond belief, I guess it's because he's English I've yet to really see anything to justify that hype.

Ollie the Optimist
25-08-2013, 10:08 PM
It's hypocritical to announce your undying love for a club and then say that if Wenger were to leave you'd have to consider his position.

Firstly that's not loyalty to the club or the fans, secondly it seems he thinks he's some sort of big shot, as for clapping the fans...meaningless when you come out with sh*t like this, but then to be fair he doesn't come across as the brightest.

As for his ability on the pitch, I think he's been overhyped and right now he's a disappointment on the pitch and well down the pecking order based on what he does there.

Some of these guys get hyped beyond belief, I guess it's because he's English I've yet to really see anything to justify that hype.

Van Persie claimed to have undying love for this club, I don't see you having a go at him for leaving :good:

Jacks a kid, and a lot of pressure was placed on his shoulders from a young age, not by us solely either, but by the media claiming he is England's saviour. Fans need a hero, and in a time when players were jumping ship, he stood out and fans latched onto him, of course he will make slip ups interviews but the clapping fans is meaningless? Bollocks, you don't lose a game like villa then walk the whole way round the pitch clapping the fans while everyone else walked off if you don't care about the fans or the club.

He's incredibly talented, he will be world class if he stays injury free. That season in 2011 he was unbelieavble and was only 18/19. Don't write him off now after two injury hit seasons.

Grebbo
25-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Handing him a new deal is fine. We don't want him to run down his deal but it shows how silly the club are to give him those wages. I'm pretty sure he'd have accepted £40k - £60k in wages. He's done nothing to earn that and shouldn't be on more than certain long serving senior players. I'm guessing he's on more than Sagna and Rosicky. It's a massive leap in a short period. How long was Song playing for the club and they kept giving him the run around on a new deal? He was a player that was actually hitting his stride. It's very silly and based on the fact that he's English and we're trying to mould a new club mascot. All this talk of potentially being world class and loyalty....let's wait and see. I'm looking at him in a new light with that contract. He needs to up his game and he can't have guys like Ramsey out performing you. I'm sure it's down to match fitness and being out for a year but you take the sour and sweet. He's not playing well and shouldn't be starting.

Knowing his agent there's no way he'd accept those wages. He's constantly billed as England's next great hope. Seeing as England's current great hope is on £250k pw then £80k pw seems reasonable. Obscene but reasonable.

Grebbo
25-08-2013, 10:31 PM

Even a die hard Gooner might want to win something in what is a very short career. Merson was a Chelsea fan but joined us because we were the better club.

Grebbo
25-08-2013, 10:33 PM
He talks a bit too much for my liking, on twitter, to the press etc....he already think he's made it in the big time, if he concentrated on his football a bit more maybe he'd be a bit better.

So far he's basically picking up the ball and running into brick walls, he does barely any constructive, I don't expect miracles but I do expect a bit more end product than he delivers, he gets an easy ride compared to others tbh.

One game proves little because every player has one really good game, we can go back to Diaby in the CC final 6 years ago now, we've had plenty of young "stars" and where are most of them now, if he wasn't English noone would have given him a 2nd look to be honest, he basically got a big contract off the back of hype and what's most worrying is his opinion of himself which this htreat to the fans highlights......how dare he tell the fans how they should feel, apparently he thinks AW always wins, well maybe he should go and check out out history in the last 8 years to see how much he's actually won before spouting cr*p.

If you're boss had made your career then of course you'd have an affinity with him.

He's 21 yrs old and has barely played any football, lets judge him at 25.

Özil's Panoramic View
25-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Even a die hard Gooner might want to win something in what is a very short career. Merson was a Chelsea fan but joined us because we were the better club.

If he really wants to win stuff playing for us, he really shouldn't have a problem with Wenger fucking off then.

milla
26-08-2013, 12:12 AM

Wilshere can feck off with Wenger and the board, this lot are not Arsenal, the fans are. The club and the fans are always here, not the players, not the managers not the owners. Stupid kid :coffee:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Wilshere can feck off with Wenger and the board, this lot are not Arsenal, the fans are. The club and the fans are always here, not the players, not the managers not the owners. Stupid kid :coffee:

To be fair before he retired Peter Hill Wood took his place on the board around the mid to late Paleolithic era....he was opposed to the club moving forward with modern developments such as the wheel and other stone tools....saying "we don't need their sort here.....we'll make do with sharpened sticks!"

Lucas
26-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Van Persie claimed to have undying love for this club, I don't see you having a go at him for leaving :good:

Jacks a kid, and a lot of pressure was placed on his shoulders from a young age, not by us solely either, but by the media claiming he is England's saviour. Fans need a hero, and in a time when players were jumping ship, he stood out and fans latched onto him, of course he will make slip ups interviews but the clapping fans is meaningless? Bollocks, you don't lose a game like villa then walk the whole way round the pitch clapping the fans while everyone else walked off if you don't care about the fans or the club.

He's incredibly talented, he will be world class if he stays injury free. That season in 2011 he was unbelieavble and was only 18/19. Don't write him off now after two injury hit seasons.

Sorry I don't mean to jump in but that's a top post. :scarf:

Penguin
26-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Jack does run into brick walls nowadays, but I don't think it's a bad thing that he can carry the ball. He's normally good at it, the proof is in his breakthrough season when he was making havoc doing exactly that.

The problem is that he's trying to dribble through the middle when there's nowhere to go. If there's space behind the player to run into then fine, but he needs to keep it simple. Stick to the quick, crisp, one-touch passing, and then mix it up with clever turns and dribbles past players when the opportunity comes, rather than trying to force an opportunity.

BOBN
27-08-2013, 06:02 AM
That's the thing, he isn't, he's a Wengerite and who really wants those around.
Not even that, he knows Wenger has realistically a maximum of 4 years left. Hes giving himself an escape route.

We'll get at least £20m for him which is about double what hes worth. Not worried about the situation at all.

BOBN
27-08-2013, 06:17 AM
Jack does run into brick walls nowadays, but I don't think it's a bad thing that he can carry the ball. He's normally good at it, the proof is in his breakthrough season when he was making havoc doing exactly that.

The problem is that he's trying to dribble through the middle when there's nowhere to go. If there's space behind the player to run into then fine, but he needs to keep it simple. Stick to the quick, crisp, one-touch passing, and then mix it up with clever turns and dribbles past players when the opportunity comes, rather than trying to force an opportunity.
Hes not sticking to a damn thing. He said his idol/model was Steven Gerrard, of course hes gonna get all Hollywood. This umpa-lumpa man thinks opponents are gonna let him crash through walls? If he wasnt as thick as shit he'd be be watching every game Xavi has ever played and learn from a legend about how to conduct a midfield as a slight player.

Hes 22. Most modern players begin entering their peak at 23. if hes still this shit by the end of the season we should look to offload while the hype/price is still there (preferably before he flops at the World Cup)

Cripps_orig
01-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Injured again.

Need to sell before we have another Diaby situation. He has some value ATM so best time

Penguin
01-09-2013, 05:06 PM
I thought he was just ill?

Cripps_orig
01-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Yeah apparently.

He'll be out for just 6 months this time

Power n Glory
12-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Sounds like had a poor game for England. Press on his back now. Owen had a pop at him as well and said he was 'overhyped'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/10303594/Jack-Wilshere-faces-fight-to-fulfil-golden-promise-for-England-and-Arsenal.html

Jack Wilshere faces fight to fulfil golden promise for England and Arsenal
The script, it sometimes seems, has already been written. Jack Wilshere, the player famously described by Arsène Wenger as having a “Spanish technique with an English heart”, will be captain and talisman for both club and country for a generation.
Jack Wilshere struggled against Ukraine’s high-tempo game
Falling star? Jack Wilshere is substituted after 67 minutes against Ukraine Photo: GETTY IMAGES
Jeremy Wilson

By Jeremy Wilson

12:01AM BST 12 Sep 2013

Comments24 Comments

That remains the great hope of all Arsenal and England supporters but real life is proving more complicated.

Substituted after 67 minutes in Kiev on Tuesday night following his worst showing in an England shirt, Wilshere returned to the home comforts of Arsenal’s London Colney training base yesterday to meet Mesut Özil, the man who will supersede him, temporarily at least, as the club’s biggest star.

Wilshere’s development, of course, should only benefit from the arrival of Özil and every indication is that he is genuinely thrilled by the arrival of Arsenal’s record signing.

There is, however, now rather less certainty about Wilshere’s place in the Arsenal team than commonly presumed.

With Özil certain to start as the most advanced player in the centre of Arsenal’s midfield, Wilshere is left vying for the two deeper-lying positions.

The competition for those two places will be with Aaron Ramsey, Mathieu Flamini and, once he has recovered from injury, Mikel Arteta.

Tomas Rosicky, whose thigh strain is almost certain to rule him out of the match against Sunderland on *Saturday, and even Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will also come into consideration.

All things being equal, Wilshere is still likely to start alongside Ramsey who has been, by some distance, Arsenal’s best player this season.

Arteta, though, has been just about the first name on Wenger’s team-sheet since he signed from Everton two years ago. Flamini also looked the part during his substitute appearance against Tottenham, even if he was fortunate not to be sent off. It all adds up to a legitimate debate over whether Arsenal’s midfield is more balanced with or without Wilshere in the team.

To be hypercritical – and Wilshere clearly has a myriad of great qualities – there is a theory that he sometimes dwells on the ball for just too long and, in consequence, can slow down the pace of the game.

It was certainly noticeable during the goalless draw against Ukraine on Tuesday that he struggled against the high-tempo pressing game of Taras Stepanenko and Edmar Halovskiy.

He spent much of the match on the floor after being jostled off the ball but it was at least encouraging to hear him embrace the learning experience.

“It was my biggest international game, my first big one away so it was a hostile atmosphere,” Wilshere said.

“It was good for me. I had a lot of experience around me and they helped me. You can’t just give that to anyone. It comes over time.” His lack of experience was not the only mitigating factor.

Both Hodgson and Wenger agree that Wilshere is still not fully match fit following his latest ankle injury and he has only completed the full 90 minutes four times since the end of February.

It has left him working to break out of a vicious circle. Wilshere needs match fitness but, after two operations, Wenger clearly still has concerns about his recovery.

“I don’t want to make a mistake and overuse him because the ankle is the most important part of any football player,” Wenger said.

“I would be more cautious with Jack until we feel he is completely free from any risk.”

Wenger will also be well aware that Arsenal have coped when he has not been available, notably during last season’s highly pressurised run-in.

If Wilshere wants to look anywhere for inspiration, it is across Arsenal’s central midfield to Ramsey. He suffered his leg-breaking tackle in 2010 – 18 months before Wilshere’s first stress fracture – and is only now *realising his full potential.

Wilshere’s situation is compounded by the fact that he actually endured much longer on the sidelines – a total of 17 months – than Ramsey did with his injury. He is also still only 21.

There is plenty of time to realise his potential and prove that comparisons with Paul Gascoigne, Xavi and Andres Iniesta were not hollow hyperbole.

He was, after all, good enough at the age of just 19 to be the man of the match in a 2-1 win against Barcelona in 2011. He was also England’s best player when they beat Brazil in February.

The bottom line is that Wilshere needs patience. Even so, the assumption that he will automatically realise his supposed destiny as an all-time Arsenal and England great should no longer be taken for granted.

Marc Overmars
12-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Wheelchair. :lol:

Off to Birmingham in 3 years.

LDG
12-09-2013, 02:42 PM
He had a whole season out injured, and he's still getting over it.

The lad is class. He just needs time.

He shouldn't be playing for England just yet.

GP
12-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Don't give a shit how he plays for England. He's got no chance in an inept team with an old dinosaur in charge. And England haha lol

Niall_Quinn
12-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Yes it's all over for Wilshere now. One week you are the saviour of English football, next week you may not make an Arsenal team which has an irritating depth of quality in the midfield. Whether it's time to kill Wilshere or send him to Guantanamo Bay I'm not sure. If he plays well in his next game there's no reason why he can't be the saviour of England again, for a week at least. But it can't be denied that everything at Arsenal is a massive crisis. The Ozil transfer has fucked things up, it's ridiculously hard to pigeon-hole the club now. As for Wilshere, it can't be long before the deeply knowledgeable and consistent members of the media are calling for him to be replaced by the last great saviour of English football Scott Parker.

Please, please buy a shitty newspaper?

Power n Glory
12-09-2013, 03:11 PM
Wilshere will get it back. He just needs to sharpen up on his awareness and release the ball quicker. He gets far too many knocks and needs to stop forcing things.

It’s funny to hear Owen talk about overrated players. A complete arsewipe of a man. No real need for him to stick his boot him. He of all people should know about the ridiculous pressure put on England players.

LDG
12-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Wilshere will get it back. He just needs to sharpen up on his awareness and release the ball quicker. He gets far too many knocks and needs to stop forcing things.

It’s funny to hear Owen talk about overrated players. A complete arsewipe of a man. No real need for him to stick his boot him. He of all people should know about the ridiculous pressure put on England players.

It was the same for Ramsey.

When you're trying to get back your form, you rush things. You try too hard.

Wilshere needs to just play the game simple. Stop rushing into challenges and it will all come.

Yeah, Owen can do one. He's bitter as fuck because Jack didn't take any of his shit when he tried to swing one.

EDIT: IOr was it Ramsey? Can't remember. Anyway. Punch was shit.

Marc Overmars
12-09-2013, 03:20 PM
I think the injuries have had an affect on him mentally, he gets worked up over any bit of contact now.

Hopefully with someone like Özil in there now he won't feel the need to force the issue.

LDG
12-09-2013, 03:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRvkEQZErjg

Jack :bow:

Penguin
12-09-2013, 03:38 PM
The media only understand hyperbole. There's no middle ground at all. Wilshere's a footballing god to them one day, and an overrated pub teamer the next. :doh: The 'England's saviour' bullshit last week was cringe worthy. You could see it in his face that he felt awkward and didn't know how to react to the hype. You would have thought they would have learnt from Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Theo, but I guess it sells papers so they don't care.

This might be good for Jack though, with that pressure off his back he can focus on his football and learning at Arsenal. Start him on the bench and let him earn his place back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRvkEQZErjg

Jack :bow:

Looks like Owen's still bitter. Jack :bow:

JonasTC
12-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Wilshere just needs his time, he have already showed both on club level and international level that he will be world class one day.

torontogooner
12-09-2013, 04:29 PM

Spot on!

Niall_Quinn
12-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Martin Samuel is fat. Michael Owen is the most boring commentator of all time. These are established facts. All the rest is bullshit.

Xhaka Can’t
12-09-2013, 07:03 PM

I don't think I have ever agreed with you more than I do today.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Martin Samuel is fat. Michael Owen is the most boring commentator of all time. These are established facts. All the rest is bullshit.

And what about Gandhi?

Nayan
13-09-2013, 06:56 AM
if this means Woy plays his rentboy CLeverly and drops WIlshere thats good news for arsenal. Next

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2013, 09:54 AM
And what about Gandhi?

No, Owen is still worse.

BOBN
13-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Wilshere just needs his time, he have already showed both on club level and international level that he will be world class one day.
No, he hasnt.

Its this sort of hype that kills young players.

These media comments are healthy, alot of his overdribbling and whatnot are due to arrogance imo. For now he has to concentrate on getting the ball to Ozil and Cazorla and forget about this "Gerrard is my role model" nonsense.

Marc Overmars
13-09-2013, 11:03 AM
The new Lee Hendrie tbh.

LDG
13-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Lee Hendrie :lol:

Rors last big hope :rose:

JonasTC
13-09-2013, 11:35 AM
No, he hasnt.

These media comments are healthy, alot of his overdribbling and whatnot are due to arrogance imo. For now he has to concentrate on getting the ball to Ozil and Cazorla and forget about this "Gerrard is my role model" nonsense.

This is the kind of bullshit you only see from internet people making up their minds about players they dont like, did you just start watching Arsenal yesterday?

The way Wilshere absolutely bossed Barcelona around the year they won the champions league (he got man of the match), you dont see that type of play from a guy that is "too hyped", you only see that kind of play from a future world class player or when he got man of the match vs brazil 6-7 months back.

So yes, he have already shown what he can do, its not hype anymore, now its just about him getting back into shape again, he havent been in proper shape in almost 2 years because of injuries.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2013, 11:55 AM
This is the kind of bullshit you only see from internet people making up their minds about players they dont like, did you just start watching Arsenal yesterday?

The way Wilshere absolutely bossed Barcelona around the year they won the champions league (he got man of the match), you dont see that type of play from a guy that is "too hyped", you only see that kind of play from a future world class player or when he got man of the match vs brazil 6-7 months back.

So yes, he have already shown what he can do, its not hype anymore, now its just about him getting back into shape again, he havent been in proper shape in almost 2 years because of injuries.

English football is not about helping a kid like Wilshere to mature and improve the national team so we might actually compete. It's about something much more important than that shit, it's about hype. Oodles and dollops of the stuff. Lovely hype that swings wildly between the absolute extremes, preferably with a bit of sex thrown in. From disaster to triumph with a void in the middle. These journos can't figure out that by paralysing the manager and the players with their ridiculous expectations and stupid claims of players like Lampard being "world class" rather than efficient, they're going to see mediocre performances designed to grab the bare minimum required to avoid public slaughter. Hence Ukraine, 1 point needed, 1 point obtained, 1 castration avoided. Journos, they say they want the team to do well and then they do everything in their power to prevent that outcome. Wilshere could step up into that world class bracket, he's shown glimpses (like the Barca match). But he's still learning his trade. Unfortunately he has to do it in the middle of a circus ring run by fat, drunk journalists. Shame but goes with the territory because we can't be bothered to fix the territory. He had a year long injury but that's barely worth mentioning.

JonasTC
13-09-2013, 12:01 PM
English football is not about helping a kid like Wilshere to mature and improve the national team so we might actually compete. It's about something much more important than that shit, it's about hype. Oodles and dollops of the stuff. Lovely hype that swings wildly between the absolute extremes, preferably with a bit of sex thrown in. From disaster to triumph with a void in the middle. These journos can't figure out that by paralysing the manager and the players with their ridiculous expectations and stupid claims of players like Lampard being "world class" rather than efficient, they're going to see mediocre performances designed to grab the bare minimum required to avoid public slaughter. Hence Ukraine, 1 point needed, 1 point obtained, 1 castration avoided. Journos, they say they want the team to do well and then they do everything in their power to prevent that outcome. Wilshere could step up into that world class bracket, he's shown glimpses (like the Barca match). But he's still learning his trade. Unfortunately he has to do it in the middle of a circus ring run by fat, drunk journalists. Shame but goes with the territory because we can't be bothered to fix the territory. He had a year long injury but that's barely worth mentioning.

I agree with everything you say, but my discussion with BOBN, was about him not thinking that Wilshere have already showed glimpse of what he will become and that apperently i want to kill Wilshere.

BOBN
13-09-2013, 12:02 PM

Boss Barcelona? :lol: dont kid yourself. Theres not a player or side on this planet that bossed Barcas midfield between 2008 and 2012. End of story.

Wilshere has scored 1 Premier League goal for Arsenal in his entire life. End of story number 2.

GP
13-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Stories :lol:

BOBN
13-09-2013, 12:08 PM
I agree with everything you say, but my discussion with BOBN, was about him not thinking that Wilshere have already showed glimpse of what he will become and that apperently i want to kill Wilshere.
You said he has shown he WILL be world class. All hes got to do is turn up according to you.

No wonder Rooney and Owen never kicked on after 18 when theres "fans" like you at large.

JonasTC
13-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Boss Barcelona? :lol: dont kid yourself. Theres not a player or side on this planet that bossed Barcas midfield between 2008 and 2012. End of story.

Wilshere has scored 1 Premier League goal for Arsenal in his entire life. End of story number 2.

You know absolutely nothing about football do you? Yes he bossed Barcelona, getting man of the match as a 19 year old versus the best team to ever exist, we will probably never see a team again play as good as they did in 2011 (5 trophies), that team, he got man of the match against.

Talking about Wilsheres goalscoring record is just stupid, most of the time he plays as a deep nr.8 (do you want me to explain what a deep nr8 means?).

BOBN
13-09-2013, 12:59 PM
You know absolutely nothing about football do you? Yes he bossed Barcelona, getting man of the match as a 19 year old versus the best team to ever exist, we will probably never see a team again play as good as they did in 2011 (5 trophies), that team, he got man of the match against.
Funny person :lol: Did you get that man of the match from arsenal.com?

A quick check shows Arsenal had just 34% possession in that game. Xavi and Iniesta has way more passes than Wilshere, and at a higher rate of completion.

So remind me, who exactly did Wilshere dominate?

Talking about Wilsheres goalscoring record is just stupid, most of the time he plays as a deep nr.8 (do you want me to explain what a deep nr8 means?).
Stop it coach. Hes an attacking minded midfielder who doesnt score or assist. Get over it pal.

JonasTC
13-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Blindfaith_8 how many accounts do you got in here??

Power n Glory
13-09-2013, 01:12 PM
No, he hasnt.

Could be something in that. He used to release the ball quicker but now he’s trying way too much. It doesn’t look like he’s panicking on the ball and trying to get rid of it so it doesn’t seem like a case of low confidence. Time will tell. Maybe it’s just bad form and he’s trying to get back to where he used to be.

But I agree with all this ‘world class’ talk. One game against Barca doesn’t set things up in stone for him. Remember the stories of Jose Reyes pulling off a one man circus against Real Madrid. It was such a good showing it even impressed Zidane. Some thought Reyes could be as good or even better than Henry. The future of the club. Look at him now. With Jack, time will tell. Right now, he’s playing terrible football and that’s all there is to it. He has to get back to the level he was before, fitness wise and form before we can compare him to the world’s best.

Özim
13-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Reyes :lol: I remember him, his whole reputation came from that one game against Real, a point well made, Sevilla well and truly mugged us on with that one.

Wilshere is way too overhyped, he's achieved little in his career and is guilty of overunning the ball more often than not. I never like to rely on stats, but when you pair that up with his performances on the pitch the stats are pretty damning. There's no end product to his game at the moment.

In Ozil we've got the real deal, a player who impresses on the field and whose stats match up, he could learn a few things from the German I think.

BOBN
13-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Its funny how all the top Welsh talents roughly reach their potential (Bellamy, Bale, Giggs, Ramsey) and all the English ones dont (bar probably the least hyped one - Scholes). Smothered by their own :rose:

LDG
13-09-2013, 01:21 PM
He's 21 FFS :lol:

bignev
13-09-2013, 01:26 PM

Finally!

PGFC
13-09-2013, 01:31 PM
:) Common sense, spoiling post counts since the internet began.

Özil's Panoramic View
13-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Lad showed loads of talent pre-injury. Rushed back a few times and seemingly cottoned on to the flurry of hype surrounding him, which I think led to his current arrogant style of play. Arrogant in that he seems to think he can just run through an entire opponent's midfield (would like to include defence but he barely ever makes it that far) without getting checked and oftentimes knackered.

He's still young though, and obviously a gifted player, who now has to start developing into a proper midfielder having a top player like Ozil to understudy.

Özim
13-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Old enough to know better tbf.

You can legally drink in America at 21.

Kano
13-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Its funny how all the top Welsh talents roughly reach their potential (Bellamy, Bale, Giggs, Ramsey) and all the English ones dont (bar probably the least hyped one - Scholes). Smothered by their own :rose:
and they said that wisdom comes with age.

Marc Overmars
26-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Wheelchair has had another kid. A baby girl this time.

What a GHEL.

GP
26-09-2013, 07:17 PM
JHC, why would he want kids at his age?

Marc Overmars
26-09-2013, 07:20 PM
I doubt they were planned, it's just that he and his girlfriend are probably quite thick.

GP
26-09-2013, 07:21 PM
No dizoubt, but having kids is always a choice.

Abort that sucker.

Munchies
26-09-2013, 07:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVHGCM9CQAAgef0.jpg

Fucking hell, 21 and 2 kids already.

Congrats Jacky boy :good:

Power n Glory
26-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Is he married to her?

Ollie the Optimist
26-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Is he married to her?

dont believe he is but given they ahve one kid already together, assuming they have been together at least 3 years.

Marc Overmars
26-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Think they were on and off for a while but they've settled now.

Munchies
26-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Mandatory pics:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m27qorCGSl1qh8hzqo1_400.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/31/article-0-0B6A611100000578-808_634x378.jpg

http://www.mixturesport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Lauren-Neal-Jack-Wilshere-482x340.jpg

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-09-2013, 10:06 PM
http://i1.bebo.com/036/9/large/2007/05/25/20/8105760a4484937891b111371755l.gif

NSFW, probably.

JonasTC
26-09-2013, 11:03 PM
2 kids at the age of 21 :s No wonder he have no time to properly focus on football

LDG
26-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Nope.

None of us can do a job with kids in tow.

Nobody does it nowadays.

Fucking disgrace.

He should be locked up.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Nope.

Nobody does it nowadays.

Fucking disgrace.

He should be locked up.

I know, right.

People who have kids :haha:

What morons. Apparently it costs roughly 250k to raise them up until the age of 18.

Fuck that :pal:

At least I sold mine down the pub.

Syn
27-09-2013, 01:48 AM
Very smart woman. Got half a footballer's salary tied up on an 18 year contract.

hobson's choice
27-09-2013, 02:36 AM
Very smart woman. Got half a footballer's salary tied up on an 18 year contract.

Jack seems to be quite the dummy

Transplanted Gooner
27-09-2013, 02:00 PM

Jack seems to be quite the dummy
Blah blah.... Pull out.... Tackle.... Blah.... Ball control

Munchies
04-10-2013, 08:37 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVt9wYZCUAA5WGD.jpg

Wenger on Wilshere pictured smoking: "I disagree completely with that behaviour. I don't know what happened - I need to chat with him."

Özim
04-10-2013, 08:42 AM
Nope.

Nobody does it nowadays.

Fucking disgrace.

He should be locked up.

Are you 21 then?

LDG
04-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Are you 21 then?

No :unsure:

Özim
04-10-2013, 09:16 AM
No :unsure:

Then how do you know someone of his age with 2 kids can cope with it and having a full time job? Not many 21 year olds have 2 kids to be honest, if you ask me it's a bit young to be having any kids at all.

The money helps obviously as he can just pay someone and palm them off on them I guess.

Munchies
04-10-2013, 09:19 AM
His wife is pretty much on the dole (from his money) tbf.

She'd do most of the looking after

Marc Overmars
04-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Such a GHEL. :cloud9:

Özim
04-10-2013, 09:39 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVt9wYZCUAA5WGD.jpg

Wenger on Wilshere pictured smoking: "I disagree completely with that behaviour. I don't know what happened - I need to chat with him."

Hmmm personally think that because professional sportsmen/women need to be at their peak physically they shouldn't do anything that affects this and thus smoking is a no go area...he's paid a lot and really should be more professional.

LDG
04-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Then how do you know someone of his age with 2 kids can cope with it and having a full time job? Not many 21 year olds have 2 kids to be honest, if you ask me it's a bit young to be having any kids at all.

The money helps obviously as he can just pay someone and palm them off on them I guess.

Are you 21?

Özim
04-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Are you 21?

Yes

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-10-2013, 10:05 AM
He looks sexy smoking in that pic.

All is forgiven.

Munchies
04-10-2013, 10:24 AM
He looks sexy smoking in that pic.

All is forgiven.

I take it you've photoshopped it already then :good:

Power n Glory
04-10-2013, 10:28 AM
He can join Ozil and Chesney in the ranks of smokers.

Zidane was a smoker as well right?

Munchies
04-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Tbf, Wenger is spot on really, he is a top performer when hes fit and raring to go but we've only seen that a handful of times since he's come back . We have a strong enough midfield now to not have to rely on him.

Rosicky/Cazorla/Arteta can all come in for him.

Nayan
04-10-2013, 11:57 AM
No dizoubt, but having kids is always a choice.

Abort that sucker.

Thats what I said to your mum.
Did she listen? Did she bollocks.

GP
04-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Thats what I said to your mum.
Did she listen? Did she bollocks.

Big mistake.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
04-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Silly boy Jack.....

LDG
04-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Yes

BOBN
04-10-2013, 02:17 PM

Or, you know, the mother could lend a hand?

Cant tell a woman do do shyt these days. All this feminism. Hell in a handcart etc

BOBN
04-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Tbf, Wenger is spot on really, he is a top performer when hes fit and raring to go but we've only seen that a handful of times since he's come back . We have a strong enough midfield now to not have to rely on him.

Rosicky/Cazorla/Arteta can all come in for him.
Be real, hes fit.

If you think hes shyt just say.

Marc Overmars
04-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Wheelchair denies being a smoker and also tweeted a picture of Zidane smoking to defend himself. :lol:

Munchies
04-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Be real, hes fit.

If you think hes shyt just say.

I have said he is shit many times, his last game against Swansea he was pretty good so it showed me that he still can perform.

Wheelchair denies being a smoker and also tweeted a picture of Zidane smoking to defend himself. :lol:

What a plonker :haha:

Power n Glory
04-10-2013, 03:20 PM
It would help if he could play like the great Zidane. He was dropped for his last game.

He needs to stay off Twitter. He can't try to justify it in public.

Letters
04-10-2013, 03:23 PM
He is pretty thick, tbh

BOBN
04-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Jack Wilshere's spokesman insists Arsenal midfielder does NOT smoke despite being pictured with cigarette

4 Oct 2013 10:10

The midfielder was celebrating the Gunners' Champions League win on Tuesday night - but holding a cigarette was "part of a prank"

A spokesman for Jack Wilshere insists the Arsenal midfielder does not smoke after newspaper pictures showed him with a cigarette in his mouth on a night out this week.

The England international was out celebrating with team-mates on Wednesday night following the Gunners' 2-0 win against Napoli in the Champions League after the club gave him and others permission to head out.

And having been seen holding a cigarette in the early hours of Thursday morning, a representative told The Sun that the 21-year-old was merely partaking in a prank.

He said: "Jack was with team-mates and friends. One dared Jack, who does not smoke, to momentarily hold the cigarette as part of a prank.

"Jack absolutely didn't smoke the cigarette, and nor does he condone smoking. Jack is utterly committed to fitness and a healthy lifestyle.

"In no way is this picture an accurate reflection of his attitude towards smoking."

He'll be done by 27. Its all about timing the right time to sell.

Power n Glory
04-10-2013, 04:31 PM
He's got it in his mouth! :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2013, 04:39 PM
A prank of holding a cigarette in his mouth, how old is he?

Also, if Archie doesn't grow up to become a gangland boss I'll be very dissapointed.

Özim
04-10-2013, 04:42 PM

What a plank.

Wenger is spot on it's unacceptable, he should be fined he's suppose to be at the peak of the sport and yet is seen doing something that's proven to be bad for your health and worse still a killer.

Özim
04-10-2013, 04:44 PM

He'll be done by 27. Its all about timing the right time to sell.

His spokesman must be pretty thick if he thinks anyone is going to believe that cr*p, Wilshere is a good player but let's be honest he's seems to be a little chav and smoking fits right in with that, so does 2 kids at 21 :lol:

Got to say our midfield is pretty strong right now and for me he's not 1st choice when everyone is fit.

Letters
04-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Wenger is spot on.
:blink:

Who are you and what have you done with Zim? :angry:

torontogooner
04-10-2013, 06:01 PM
What Wenger should have said have to the media - this is a private matter to be discussed between Jack and myself. You do not criticize one of your players in the public domain as Wenger did, bad management decision.

torontogooner
04-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Jack is a product of his upbringing. But I do know that he is a polite engaging individual. I was in the box next to Jack's at the Fulham game last year, we had a long chat about many things. I was totally impressed with his sincerity, his general knowledge and the way he conducted him.

I'm Jack's protector :cool:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2013, 06:20 PM
What Wenger should have said have to the media - this is a private matter to be discussed between Jack and myself. You do not criticize one of your players in the public domain as Wenger did, bad management decision.

He didn't really criticise him, only said he doesn't agree with that behaviour and will speak to him about it. He doesn't say what that conversation will include or what he will do (though I imagine Mertesacker will be getting rich soon). Even if he did, Wilshere must know how hard Wenger is on anything that can physically affect a player's performance. He banned chocolate bars!

BOBN
04-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Meh, Wenger was the one who started this silly rule with "I did not zee".

Now he taketh away.

torontogooner
04-10-2013, 06:45 PM
He didn't really criticise him, only said he doesn't agree with that behaviour and will speak to him about it. He doesn't say what that conversation will include or what he will do (though I imagine Mertesacker will be getting rich soon). Even if he did, Wilshere must know how hard Wenger is on anything that can physically affect a player's performance. He banned chocolate bars!

The ban would not work for me, I need my Kits Kats:jumpnana:

GP
04-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Meh, Wenger was the one who started this silly rule with "I did not zee".

Now he taketh away.

You talk utter, utter shit and no one loves you.

No offence.

BOBN
04-10-2013, 08:18 PM
You talk utter, utter shit and no one loves you.

No offence.
Who are you? I dont ever recall you posting tbh

Nayan
04-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Big mistake.

heh :)

LDG
04-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Kinda normal media shit storm after "rubbish arsenal" turn out to be good and the old boys in the media look like cunts.

"I know" they say. "Pick on the easy target".

Cock off. If jack pulls off half a Ramsey ( :unsure: ) he'll be twice as good as rambo's rennaissance.

He's that good.

And hopefully the boss does as good a job with him as Ramsey.

It is beyond belief how some Arsenal fans would rather turn on their own because they can't just get behind a team doing beyond their snobbish expectations.

Xhaka Can’t
04-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Jack is a product of his upbringing. But I do know that he is a polite engaging individual. I was in the box next to Jack's at the Fulham game last year, we had a long chat about many things. I was totally impressed with his sincerity, his general knowledge and the way he conducted him.

I'm Jack's protector :cool:

You must be shit at Trivial Pursuit.

torontogooner
05-10-2013, 03:15 AM
You must be shit at Trivial Pursuit.

Ha ha!

Power n Glory
05-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Kinda normal media shit storm after "rubbish arsenal" turn out to be good and the old boys in the media look like cunts.

"I know" they say. "Pick on the easy target".

Cock off. If jack pulls off half a Ramsey ( :unsure: ) he'll be twice as good as rambo's rennaissance.

He's that good.

And hopefully the boss does as good a job with him as Ramsey.

It is beyond belief how some Arsenal fans would rather turn on their own because they can't just get behind a team doing beyond their snobbish expectations.

I wouldn't say it's a media agenda. They've been loving us in the press after the Napoli game. If Jack doesn't smoke then you have to question why he'd want to hold a cigarette in his mouth in public knowing the paparazzi are around? If it's dare then he knows he's going to get flak for it in the papers, right? That's just asking for bad press and why would you want to put yourself under such scrutiny after a poor England showing and being benched for the Napoli game? Why spoil your rep and deflect attention away from the good results we've had recently?

Letters
05-10-2013, 09:58 AM
LDG :lol:

Awlful maths.

footloose, the wanderer
05-10-2013, 10:05 AM
The ban would not work for me, I need my Kits Kats:jumpnana:

You should visit Japan next pre season tour (or sooner depending on your NEED)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lydiah/35-kit-kat-varieties-from-around-the-world-18d7

Seem to have 20-30 different flavoured Kit Kats at any one time....I'd pass on the potato flavored one but some seem wild (good) - blood orange fer instance.

Reportedly Japan has produced 200!!!! different flavoured Kit Kats since 2000

Dark chocolate my favourite!