PDA

View Full Version : Super Jack & Super Jack Related News

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

The Ogg Monster
05-10-2013, 10:18 AM
You should visit Japan next pre season tour (or sooner depending on your NEED)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lydiah/35-kit-kat-varieties-from-around-the-world-18d7

Seem to have 20-30 different flavoured Kit Kats at any one time....I'd pass on the potato flavored one but some seem wild (good) - blood orange fer instance.

Reportedly Japan has produced 200!!!! different flavoured Kit Kats since 2000

Dark chocolate my favourite!

Dog flavour?

Ollie the Optimist
05-10-2013, 12:22 PM
so he had a cig after a match? who gives a shit? one cig wont hurt him, but the media go mad over it. but its fine to call someone a "fucking black cunt" shag around after every match, binge drink every week according to the meida.

GP
05-10-2013, 12:41 PM
I don't know why a pro athlete would want to smoke anyway.

It's a short career, do what you want when you're retired.

Thick cunts.

torontogooner
05-10-2013, 01:00 PM

Seem to have 20-30 different flavoured Kit Kats at any one time....I'd pass on the potato flavored one but some seem wild (good) - blood orange fer instance.

Blood orange would work for me. Sushi flavored Kit Kat? Now that would seem rather fishy to me!

The Ogg Monster
05-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Slow news day probably.

It may as well read - 21 Year old smokes ciggy shock horror.

its not like hes smoking crack is it?

The odd fag wont make u any less fit unless u smoke one just before a game, that would de-oxygenise ur blood and make you breathless easily.

Its amazing how much our midfield has improved that jacks no longer guaranteed a start. With cazorla back itll be even harder for him. No wonder he needs a smoke.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
05-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Last season the thought of playing without Arteta and Cazorla would have been unthinkable. This season we've done it and still thrived.

Shows how far we've come.

Özim
05-10-2013, 01:48 PM
so he had a cig after a match? who gives a shit? one cig wont hurt him, but the media go mad over it. but its fine to call someone a "fucking black cunt" shag around after every match, binge drink every week according to the meida.

Yeah true, nor a few drinks and throwing in a bit of gambling either, Merson had the right idea really...they're only professional sportsmen paid to be at the peak physically after all.

He should have put 10 of the finest Cuban cigars in his mouth at once to show how rich and cool he is IMO.

Dennis Bendtner
05-10-2013, 05:34 PM
And having been seen holding a cigarette in the early hours of Thursday morning, a representative told The Sun that the 21-year-old was merely partaking in a prank.

He said: "Jack was with team-mates and friends. One dared Jack, who does not smoke, to momentarily hold the cigarette as part of a prank.

"Jack absolutely didn't smoke the cigarette, and nor does he condone smoking. Jack is utterly committed to fitness and a healthy lifestyle.

"In no way is this picture an accurate reflection of his attitude towards smoking."

:haha:

Who are his advisers? Frimpong and Lethal Bizzle? What an awful statement. Not surprised he's a smoker tbf. We'd just be a bit fucked if Aaron Gebrseramsie takes it up.

Master Splinter
05-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Welpjeer seems to be following the GHEL's Guide To A Traditional Post-Hype Downfall to an absolute tee.

A true idiot.

Spectacularly unattractive hookers and a cameo on a live police shoot-out just need to be crossed off the check-list now I think.

Time for Gundogan to come home.

hobson's choice
05-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Last season the thought of playing without Arteta and Cazorla would have been unthinkable. This season we've done it and still thrived.

Shows how far we've come.

Only October, and we are gonna need them, especially Carzorla if we plan on keeping this form up.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-10-2013, 01:54 PM

Oh my word stop the earth rotating! 200 flavours. I am obsessed with those delicious little sticks. Do Ryanair fly to Japan?

As for Wilshere, he is a very silly boy and I wish he would just steer clear of crap like this, particularly at times like this. He might be the loveliest guy in the world when you're speaking to him in the ground in a comfy boxes but he no doubts has his moments as all young men do. Doesn't mean he is an angel or a demon, he is just human.

I may be in a minority but I think Wenger intimated both that he was totally against pro athletes smoking but also that if you are going to be so foolish as to be caught with your pants down, at least do it within the privacy of your own home so you don't get a needless little story out of it by the press.

Wenger dealt with it logically imo and stopped short of directly or personally criticising him, which in my view he would have bee well within his rights to. This is the manger who's first action at this club was pretty much to revolutionise the methods applying to fitness & health in theory and practice and that was closer to 20 years ago. Is it any wonder that the sight of an apparent future captain of the club, with it all to prove still, ostensibly smoking is not exactly enthusing him.

Master Splinter
06-10-2013, 06:16 PM
He had a textbook Big Man Moment today.

A thoroughbred GHEL if there ever was one.

Munchies
06-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Now what was he smoking ? first goal in 3 years

Ollie the Optimist
06-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Now what was he smoking ? first goal in 3 years

assume you mean premier league goal? he scored in the CL last season and swansea in the cup

Nayan
09-10-2013, 07:03 AM
Wilshere slams AAA over Mo Farah

Jack Wilshere believes the influx of foreign stars in team GB should not concern England © Getty Images
Enlarge
England midfielder Jack Wilshere has hit out at the AAA's recruitment of Somalia-born Mo Farah, insisting only "English people" should play for the national team.

Farah turned down an international call-up for Somalia's World Cup qualifiers, saying he was British through and through after winning Olympic and world gold medals at both 5000 and 10000 metres and being hailed by the Prime minister as Britains greatest ever athlete.

But Wilshere believes the AAA's ploy is off the mark.

"The only people who should play for England are Good Honest English Lads," he said, before taking an impossibly long drag on a marlboro light. "If you live in England for five years, it doesn't make you English.

"You shouldn't play. It doesn't mean you can play for a country. If I went to Spain and lived there for five years, I'm not going to play for Spain."

Wilshere also commented on the influx of foreign stars in the Premier League, insisting it should not be a cause for concern for England as they look to build toward next summer's World Cup finals.

The lack of English players getting opportunities to play in England's top flight has often been a topic for debate, but Wilshere has now joined the argument to insist the "crisis" is not as big as some have suggested.

"I don't think we should be worried at all," he said. "You look in the Premier League and we saw that 25 million Soldado do nothing bar a couple of penalties, and he is supposed to make Sp*rs contenders, haha. It's not just him to be fair. There are other Johhny foreigners coming through as well. Aspas looks like his face was painted onto a balloon"

"Okay, there is a few foreign players as well, but I can learn from the foreign players at Arsenal. Santi Cazorla, Mesut Ozil, they are top, top players, and I can only learn from them. Plus they aren't challenging me for an England shirt. I think. I do worry about Arteta though"

"Teams want the best players, and if you have the best players coming through the academy, you will play. If you are good enough, it doesn't matter where you come from, but you have to be good enough. But if a dog is born in a barn, its still a fackin' dog"

Meanwhile, Wilshere believes the sparkling form of Wayne Rooney and Daniel Sturridge should fill England with optimism ahead of Friday's crucial qualifier against Montenegro at Wembley Stadium.

England's failure to find a prolific sidekick for Rooney has long been one of their failings in major tournaments, but Wilshere believes England now have the firepower required to make a mark on the biggest of stages.

"Sturridge is the best striker in the league this season," Wilshere added. "Rooney doesn't lose his appetite and is Manchester United's best player, so those two can be important for us. There's too good reasons not to put Soldado in your fantasy team."

Wilshere went on to speak about the influence the senior England players are still having in the squad, with two of his former role models singled out for special praise.

"Having players like Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and Wayne Rooney, who have been there in big tournaments and big qualifiers, that will help us," he said. "As a young footballer, I grew up watching those two [Gerrard and Lampard]. We only ever ate roast beef, it was always sunny, a pint of black - if you can still call it that, who knows these days- only cost a pound and you could walk down the street without it stinking of halal vindaloo falafels."

"The way Steven Gerrard passes the ball, his range of passing, the way he puts his foot in. The way Lampard gets forward, and his goal-scoring record speaks for itself. So I can learn from him. And I never rated Owen Hargreaves, the canuck-Kraut, glass kneed plastic mug"

"And Don't get me started about saffers in the cricket." He continued, stubbing out his cigarette in Malala Yousafzai's face. "Listen. Premier League? what we need is a proper League. You know, one which Defends...England"

Grinning inanely at this point, he lifts his shirt to reveal his latest tattoo. A mosque, next to a cartoonish "BOOM!!" caption.

Allegedly

Marc Overmars
09-10-2013, 07:23 AM
Wilshere said: ‘We have to remember what we are, we are English and we tackle hard and we are tough on the pitch and we are hard to beat. We have great characters. You think of Spain and they are technical, but you think of England and you think they are brave and they tackle hard.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2450234/Jack-Wilshere-I-dont-want-Adnan-Januzaj-play-England.html

So brave!!

What a load of sanctimonious shit.

Penguin
09-10-2013, 07:27 AM
:doh:

GP
09-10-2013, 07:37 AM
What an idiot.

It's that mindset that's holding him back.

Özim
09-10-2013, 07:58 AM
So after being caught with his pants down (smoking) and making up some ridiculous story noone with a braincell would believe and having an awful match (albeit with a deflected goal) he decided he should come out with sh*t like this?

Impressive, he really doesn't know when to quit :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
09-10-2013, 08:01 AM
I'm beginning to think Jack is not going to last too long at Arsenal.

GP
09-10-2013, 08:03 AM
It's all in his head.

The boy needs counselling.

Dennis Bendtner
09-10-2013, 08:04 AM

He starts off reasonably enough and is correct with the point that Januzaj shouldn't play for England, before he turns into a disciple of Syn. Extremely well-versed in the Enghelish ideology.

"If you live in England for five years it doesn't make you English," Arsenal's Wilshere, 21, said.

"If I went to Spain and lived there for five years I'm not going to play for Spain."

England boss Roy Hodgson has confirmed he has been monitoring 18-year-old midfielder Januzaj.

Wilshere said: "We have to remember what we are. We are English. We tackle hard, are tough on the pitch and are hard to beat.

"We have great characters. You think of Spain and you think technical but you think of England and you think they are brave and they tackle hard. We have to remember that.

It isn't a concern. He's just very thick and doesn't think before he speaks. That's why he goes from making a reasonable point to a completely irrelevant one in the next sentence.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Quitting is tough, Wheelchair can confirm.

And that's our football blueprint, hard in the tackle, brave and tough to beat? Our poor displays come at a great surprise to me.

Power n Glory
09-10-2013, 08:31 AM
:doh:

Simple fool!

LDG
09-10-2013, 08:34 AM
I'll still support him.

That. Plus he's a fucking good footballer.

Power n Glory
09-10-2013, 08:42 AM
He needs smarter advisers around him. He back tracked on the cigarette thing and admitted what he'd done but it was silly to deny it in the first place. It was a terrible statement to put out. He should avoid these sort of questions.

Dennis Bendtner
09-10-2013, 09:16 AM
He needs smarter advisers around him. He back tracked on the cigarette thing and admitted what he'd done but it was silly to deny it in the first place. It was a terrible statement to put out. He should avoid these sort of questions.

The England people wheel him out for these media conferences a lot. At Arsenal I can't remember him ever speaking alongside Wenger for the pre-Champions League media conferences. They probably know he doesn't have the smarts to properly deal with the delicate questions when they come up. England seem happy to expose him wherever they can, being their best young player.

It's really nothing to be concerned about though. He's made a fair comment on a current issue but just added a load of random shit to it.

Nayan
09-10-2013, 11:27 AM
I'll still support him.

That. Plus he's a fucking good footballer.

He should stick to being just that and not open his mouth. Especially when there are ciggies around.

Letters
09-10-2013, 12:18 PM
He's thick as. Keep him the hell away from Twitter and microphones.
I'm not even sure he's that good.

Özim
09-10-2013, 12:28 PM
He's thick as. Keep him the hell away from Twitter and microphones.

Pretty much agree with everything there!

Dennis Bendtner
09-10-2013, 01:13 PM

He is brilliant. We've seen this before. Let's not go down the road of fickleness about yet another player's ability.

Marc Overmars
09-10-2013, 01:23 PM
He's gone past the point of no return.

He's our Big Man and we just need to accept it, he'd already proven himself to be a wrong'un long before this season.

Nayan
09-10-2013, 01:28 PM
He's gone past the point of no return.

He's our Big Man and we just need to accept it, he'd already proven himself to be a wrong'un long before this season.

eh?

Letters
09-10-2013, 02:09 PM
He is brilliant. We've seen this before. Let's not go down the road of fickleness about yet another player's ability.He's shown a lot of promise but is he living up to it?
Has he been brilliant this season? I've not seen it.

Dennis Bendtner
09-10-2013, 02:29 PM
He's shown a lot of promise but is he living up to it?
Has he been brilliant this season? I've not seen it.

No he hasn't, but that's the trouble with making an assessment of a player on a handful of games. He did a hell of a lot in his previous season and a half to suggest that people shouldn't doubt his ability. No doubt you were one who enjoyed his performance against Barcelona. My point was that we see the same repeated pattern on here with so many players - see Ramsey for the best recent example. A dip in performance is hardly unusual but we don't seem to have the patience to put up with it irrespective of circumstance.

The Verminator
09-10-2013, 03:03 PM
The only thing worse than a racist is a n*gger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwrUkeYxUF0

GP
09-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Ain't nobody got time fo' dat

LDG
09-10-2013, 03:14 PM
No he hasn't, but that's the trouble with making an assessment of a player on a handful of games. He did a hell of a lot in his previous season and a half to suggest that people shouldn't doubt his ability. No doubt you were one who enjoyed his performance against Barcelona. My point was that we see the same repeated pattern on here with so many players - see Ramsey for the best recent example. A dip in performance is hardly unusual but we don't seem to have the patience to put up with it irrespective of circumstance.

Couldn't agree more.

PGFC
09-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Is Ritalin on the banned substances list? I think Jack would do well on it.

Özim
09-10-2013, 03:30 PM
He only came back from injury in September 2012 so it hasn't been a season and a half and strictly speaking he's neither created many nor scored many goals in that time.

He's been ok, but as I've said before way overhyped because he's English he's come through our youth system, he's done nothing to justify the hype in any sense I'm afraid bar a handful of good games.

Not too impressed with his behaviour either tbh, he's grown up under AW so should know better. Jury is out, he's young but he's got a lot to prove and IMO right now he's not key to our success, in our current midfield he's a sub.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Looks like this seasons AWOL player will be Jack.

Questionable performances and WTF moments. Like the Chinese new year but Arsenal style; "which Arsenal player is this the year of to go AWOL?"

Munchies
09-10-2013, 05:13 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/09/article-2450936-18A3070500000578-52_634x328.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/09/article-2450936-18A14B3100000578-735_634x110.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/09/article-2450936-18A14B6E00000578-150_634x79.jpg

Letters
09-10-2013, 06:20 PM
:lol: You know you're in trouble when you're getting pwned (as the kids are saying) by John Fashinu.

Özil's Panoramic View
09-10-2013, 06:41 PM
jackie boy is a bit of a chav, isn't he?

milla
09-10-2013, 06:45 PM

New EDL chairman :lol:

Syn
09-10-2013, 06:48 PM
He's absolutely spot on. And no, Mr. Pietersen, you're not English. Thought that was common sense.

Power n Glory
09-10-2013, 06:53 PM
He really isn't.

Özim
09-10-2013, 07:01 PM

He's a role model for chavs.

fakeyank
09-10-2013, 07:05 PM
He's absolutely spot on. And no, Mr. Pietersen, you're not English. Thought that was common sense.

Coming from a Sri Lankan? :lol:

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2013, 07:11 PM
What Jack said though is spot on. You shouldnt live in x country for all your life, get to age 18, think i wont play for that country as too many good players in my way, ill go to country y, live there for five years and play for them that way. thats bollocks. he is spot on.

if you are born in one country, move over here at young age, live here and then play for england consider yourself english (like Mo Farah for example) then there is no problem with playing for england. the media have asked jack a question, twisted his words beyond belief. Jack is spot on here.

but what this has done, by asking Jack a question, has created headlines that have totally deflected attention away from the real question. the real question is "why the fuck do england need to get young players to live here for five years so they can play for england, instead of promoting our own youngsters?" are we that fucked that we need players to basically move here for five years because all other english players in the youth teams are total dogs hit?

Nayan
09-10-2013, 07:14 PM
this is all very amusing but remember we're paying Super Jackboot for his passing vision, not his political vision.
As long as he doesn't go all Stoke City and start sending Ozil pigs heads for japes I could care less if he is privately a John Terry fan.

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2013, 07:15 PM
this is all very amusing but remember we're paying Super Jackboot for his passing vision, not his political vision.
As long as he doesn't go all Stoke City and start sending Ozil pigs heads for japes I could care less if he is privately a John Terry fan.

true however it is quite refreshing to see a player give his opinion freely instead of the usual we will try our best/we will come back stronger the next game bollocks most come out with these days

Nayan
09-10-2013, 07:17 PM
What Jack said though is spot on. You shouldnt live in x country for all your life, get to age 18, think i wont play for that country as too many good players in my way, ill go to country y, live there for five years and play for them that way. thats bollocks. he is spot on.

if you are born in one country, move over here at young age, live here and then play for england consider yourself english (like Mo Farah for example) then there is no problem with playing for england. the media have asked jack a question, twisted his words beyond belief. Jack is spot on here.

but what this has done, by asking Jack a question, has created headlines that have totally deflected attention away from the real question. the real question is "why the fuck do england need to get young players to live here for five years so they can play for england, instead of promoting our own youngsters?" are we that fucked that we need players to basically move here for five years because all other english players in the youth teams are total dogs hit?

give it up boy. He is full of shit. Thing is he is a 20 year old footballer who would in all probablity be on EDL marches if he couldnt play football. No problem with that - we wanted more snarl and bite in our squad and now we have it.
Keep it in perspective though. Terry and Suarez are even more overt about their leanings, Joey Barton's brother is an actual racist murderer and Ravel Morrison was done for witness intimidation. Allegedly

Jackboot smokes cigarettes and sounds like someones obnoxious grandma . Big fucking deal.

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2013, 07:19 PM
:lol: You know you're in trouble when you're getting pwned (as the kids are saying) by John Fashinu.

how was he pwned by fashinu? if you moved to spain and lived there for five years, would you consider yourself spanish or english?

and its the same for a young player, if you live in one country, grow up in that country, your parents are from that country, you speak that country's language and move to another country just to play football, you wouldnt then go I'm now that country's nationality. you would just be working in that country while still being your original nationality.

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2013, 07:33 PM
give it up boy. He is full of shit. Thing is he is a 20 year old footballer who would in all probablity be on EDL marches if he couldnt play football. No problem with that - we wanted more snarl and bite in our squad and now we have it.
Keep it in perspective though. Terry and Suarez are even more overt about their leanings, Joey Barton's brother is an actual racist murderer and Ravel Morrison was done for witness intimidation. Allegedly

Jackboot smokes cigarettes and sounds like someones obnoxious grandma . Big fucking deal.

he might be full of shit, and tweet about fifa and his child and spit on spurs fans, however we are not talking about that. we are talking about what he said in this interview. the media have gone to town on this.

ill ask you a question. whatever nationality you are (i dont know so apologies) now, if you were to move country to work, would you consider yourself after five years to be your current nationality or would you have become the nationality of whereever you moved too? im pretty sure you would still consider yourself to be your original nationality.

also if we are not careful, international football will soon become club football with countries trying to sign if you like, the best talents. they will scouts, find the good young kids and sign them to their country.

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-10-2013, 07:35 PM
To be fair to him, I guess it depends on what he means by "English".

If he is referring to the likes of Januzaj, even if not implicitly, then he may have a point. It does render the whole idea of international football kinda useless if you can just pick and choose halfway through your career, on the other hand other countries are at it and we need all the help we can get to compete with them.
But, and I suspect this is what he actually means, if he is only referring to those born within the geographical border then he is on slippery ground. And given we've gone way past the point of no return with regard to immigration it's a situation that will only become more common.

I'm far more depressed by his description of British football. It's horribly accurate.... and one of the main reasons we're perennially shit.

Letters
09-10-2013, 07:36 PM
how was he pwned by fashinu? if you moved to spain and lived there for five years, would you consider yourself spanish or english?
The joke about him not getting in the Spanish team was a good one.

I never though Almunia should be considered for England so in that sense I agree players shouldn't just live in a country for a few years to become eligible.
That said, Jack should shut his yap about things like this. He has a right to an opinion but is it really a good idea to be spouting it in the media?

GP
09-10-2013, 07:38 PM
To be fair, he's just answering a question he's been asked.

That being said, I'm beginning to not like Jack very much.

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2013, 07:41 PM

If he is referring to the likes of Januzaj, even if not implicitly, then he may have a point. It does render the whole idea of international football kinda useless if you can just pick and choose halfway through your career, on the other hand other countries are at it and we need all the help we can get to compete with them.
But, and I suspect this is what he actually means, if he is only referring to those born within the geographical border then he is on slippery ground. And given we've gone way past the point of no return with regard to immigration it's a situation that will only become more common.

I'm far more depressed by his description of British football. It's horribly accurate.... and one of the main reasons we're perennially shit.

i disagree with what you think he meant. By saying the five years in spain thing, it clearly shows to me that he was talking about the qualifying for england by living here for five years. I dont think he would suggest you cant play for england if you werent born here as you cant help where you are born.

Maestro
09-10-2013, 07:41 PM
The GHEL is right about point of nationality and national sport representation, and I am not even English. Surely people can't just turn around after living here 5 years and suddenly they can play for England, that's some real bullshit.

....but hey the FA is fine with it and "offended minorities" are up in arms, so farkin' what. People try so hard to fit in, so much so that they are willing to sell out their identity, heritage, pride, honour, history and dignity for money.

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2013, 07:44 PM

I never though Almunia should be considered for England so in that sense I agree players shouldn't just live in a country for a few years to become eligible.
That said, Jack should shut his yap about things like this. He has a right to an opinion but is it really a good idea to be spouting it in the media?

said this in earlier post, its nice to see players actually give opinions. instead of just spouting the usual, we will do our best, good team spirit etc that we all get annoyed about with Arsenal, especially wenger. obviously if he came out with something stupid like "ban all foreigners from living in Britain" then yes we should worry, however he gave an honsest answer, a fair answer on an issue that actually does need to be debated in football because otherwise we run the risk of international football becoming like club football with signing players.

and i dont get our media, why ask a question of a player, twist his words, and basically make sure that no player is likely to want to speak to you again? if i was a player and saw what they did to jack for an honest answer, id probally never talk to them. they cant do a job then so why do they do it?

Letters
09-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Yeah, Ollie. It's come as a massive shock to us all that the media have made a fuss about this.
It's a sensitive subject, anyone with any nous would have known it was something it wasn't wise to talk about.
Jack endlessly plays up to the thick player stereotype.
Just shut your yap, Jack, and concentrate on your game.

fakeyank
09-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Determining nationality is stupid. I was born in UAE and lived 18 years but I am not a citizen. I have lived in the US for over 11 years and I am not a citizen. I am a citizen of Bangladesh since my parents are from there but I have never lived there. I can get married to an American tomorrow and become American.. does that make me American? What is the basis or time frame for when a person becomes 'English' or 'American' or from any other country?

Frankly speaking, if you have a passport from that country, you should be eligible for that country. Players, pundits and any other opinion should be put in a bin and shat on tbh. If Adnan Janujaz or some other player stays five years in UK, becomes a citizen and plays for England, good for him! Jack shouldve just avoided that question and let his football do the talking... lord knows his football has done fuck all for a long time!

Nayan
09-10-2013, 07:53 PM

He came back from Bolton radicalised by abu K'Davies

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2013, 07:54 PM
this topic has brought a highly inappropriate joke out. made me piss myself with laughter though.

dont read if easily offended

Is Madeline McCann eligible to play for Portugal?

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Yeah, Ollie. It's come as a massive shock to us all that the media have made a fuss about this.
It's a sensitive subject, anyone with any nous would have known it was something it wasn't wise to talk about.
Jack endlessly plays up to the thick player stereotype.
Just shut your yap, Jack, and concentrate on your game.

im not shocked the media made a huge fuss of it, however by twisting his words like they do with countless others, they will eventually get nothing as no one will want to talk to them because they just write what they want anyway.

yes Jack should have said nothing, and should focus on his game however he didnt say anything outrageous. everyone on here since ive posted has pretty much all said the same thing, if you live in a country for five years, it doesnt make you that nationailty and therefore shouldnt play

Nayan
09-10-2013, 08:01 PM
nobody is twisting his words. He is talking out of his arse, and then making it worse with his 'clarification'

claiming a press conspiracy makes you sounds like a Liverpool fan. Give it a rest.

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2013, 08:05 PM
lets just take Januazj for example. he can choose to play for about five countries right now. how is that right? this situation becomes like club football. the clubs all have their offers on the tables and the players chooses the right offer. international sport, not just football, is not about picking which country suits your needs the most, its about playing for YOUR country. what Jack said is spot on. he hasnt said anyone not born in england cant play, he hasnt said anything racist, hes just said anyone who isnt english but has lived in england for the qualifiying period shouldnt play as they arent english which is spot on

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-10-2013, 08:06 PM
nobody is twisting his words. He is talking out of his arse, and then making it worse with his 'clarification'

claiming a press conspiracy makes you sounds like a Liverpool fan. Give it a rest.
They're all against us damnit!

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2013, 08:16 PM
He told BBC Sport: "I am of the opinion that to be English you should be born in England. Maybe with the state of English football we haven't got enough world-class players.

That is a direct quote from Alan Shearer. now what he said about being born in england is utter bollocks. My entire family is english, however i was born in switzerland as mum and dad worked out there for a couple of years. So in Shearers mind, im not english despite my brothers, parents, grandparents being english. that is utter bollocks. suprisiningly there has been no mention of this quote though

Nayan
09-10-2013, 08:25 PM
1) people who come to live in england can become naturalised and then rightly take their place as citizens same as you.
2) others can quite legitimately have dual nationalities (one of which can indeed feature a UK passport).
3) Jackboot is reported to have said that those not born here should not play for England. Go do some reading.

I dont care about Jackboot's views on nationalism and whether nationality is goverend by place of birth or by blood. I just want him to shut the fuck up.

PS: he, it should not be forgotten, also took to Twitter on St. George's Day two years ago to tweet the following:

"Through thick and thin until I die my ENGLISH PRIDE stands so high......happy st Georges day.
My ENGLISH pride I will not hide. The ENGLISH race I wont disgrace. My ENGLISH blood flows hot and true and ENGLISH people I’ll stand by you."

(THis verse appears on EDL websites).
But no - he is not a racist. Just like he is not a smoker

Nayan
09-10-2013, 08:27 PM
They're all against us damnit!

fuck you, scouse scum. Go back to your own country :)

Power n Glory
09-10-2013, 08:30 PM
He wasn't set up, he just showed himself to be an idiot. He was invited to speak at the dinner table and he embarrassed himself. Now the press know there isn't much going on up there. Maybe they thought he'd have a more balanced view since he plays for a club like Arsenal where competition for places are high but he still managed to rise to the top. Gerrard made a statement about the foreign players killing English talent again (bullshit) and the journalists have readdressed this issue speaking to one of England's 'brightest' stars.

Plenty of ways he could have answered that question without sounding foolish.

Munchies
09-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Jack needs to shut the fuck up really.

Stick to focusing on your football.

fakeyank
09-10-2013, 08:38 PM

:gp:

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2013, 08:39 PM
1) people who come to live in england can become naturalised and then rightly take their place as citizens same as you.

how can i come to england and rightly take my place as a citizen when i was born british? ignoring that, what i believe he is saying is how people shouldnt be weighing up which country they will play for on the basis of which offers them the highest chance of success.

heres an example. person x has lived in country a for all 18 years of his life. he is for intents and purposes a citizen of country a, speaks their language, lives there etc etc. however country a never qualifies for world cup or euros, has no chance of success. however because his grandparents are from country b, he could play for them even though he never considered himself anything to do with country b but because country b has more chance of success he plays for them. is that right? he's just using country b for personal glory despite never having had anything to do it with it, always considering himself a national of country a but because of technicalities he can play for them?

2) others can quite legitimately have dual nationalities (one of which can indeed feature a UK passport).

Yes thats fair enough, but using the example above if htey have had nothing to do with one country, why should they just play for them for personal glory. using myself here, i could apparently claim swiss nationaitly if i wanted to, however whatever my reasons for doing that, id still never consider myself swiss. no one can say "im swiss and english" you are one or the other.

3) Jackboot is reported to have said that those not born here should not play for England. Go do some reading.

i have done some reading, and i have never seen a quote saying "you can only play for england if you are born in england" in fact the only person i have seen say that is Alan Shearer. Jack has just taken to twitter and tweeted saying he never said that either. there might be a quote on one newspaper saying it, but on the reports i have read, i havnt seen it.

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2013, 08:42 PM
to throw a spanner in the works in how jack clearly is a fool and has no idea of what he is saying.

heres a quote from Wenger
“I agree. If we're not clear on it, national teams will become like a club - players will buy passports."

again spot on there

Munchies
09-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Some twitter comments he's receiving : :haha:

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000109934198/1c5f08c0159533fe7d2707e7a7403717.jpeg

'why do you look wrecked in your picture?'

https://twitter.com/search?q=%40jackwilshere&src=typd&f=realtime

Xhaka Can’t
09-10-2013, 08:45 PM

He's playing like he needs to start focussing on his football.

Nayan
09-10-2013, 08:54 PM
how can i come to england and rightly take my place as a citizen when i was born british? ignoring that, what i believe he is saying is how people shouldnt be weighing up which country they will play for on the basis of which offers them the highest chance of success.

heres an example. person x has lived in country a for all 18 years of his life. he is for intents and purposes a citizen of country a, speaks their language, lives there etc etc. however country a never qualifies for world cup or euros, has no chance of success. however because his grandparents are from country b, he could play for them even though he never considered himself anything to do with country b but because country b has more chance of success he plays for them. is that right? he's just using country b for personal glory despite never having had anything to do it with it, always considering himself a national of country a but because of technicalities he can play for them?

Yes thats fair enough, but using the example above if htey have had nothing to do with one country, why should they just play for them for personal glory. using myself here, i could apparently claim swiss nationaitly if i wanted to, however whatever my reasons for doing that, id still never consider myself swiss. no one can say "im swiss and english" you are one or the other.

i have done some reading, and i have never seen a quote saying "you can only play for england if you are born in england" in fact the only person i have seen say that is Alan Shearer. Jack has just taken to twitter and tweeted saying he never said that either. there might be a quote on one newspaper saying it, but on the reports i have read, i havnt seen it.

no, my mistake - he is reported as having said it.
for the rest - others can come here and be naturalised English, thus taking up citizenship just like your citizenship, ie they rank pari passu with you in the 'englishness' stakes. Whassamatter? English not your first language or something?

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2013, 09:05 PM
no, boy. others can come here and be naturalised English, thus taking up citizenship just like your citizenship, ie they rank pari passu with you in the 'englishness' stakes. Whassamatter? English not your first language or something?

naturalised english and english are two different things though. as i said before, you cant just change your nationality. you cant be x for 30 years then y for the rest. it doesnt work like that, however the difference is, your children can change. by that i mean, if you move to a country, while you will never take that nationality fully because you will always be your original nationality, your children if born there or move at a very young age will always consider themselves that countries nationality because they grew up there, spoke that language went to school there etc etc.

Nayan
09-10-2013, 09:09 PM
naturalised english and english are the same thing. Yes you can change your nationality - It was good enough for the welsh, dutch, scottish and german rulers of this country since Richard III, so its good enough for you, my Toblerone munching friend.
And one or more of the Georges never spoke english.

So in fact yes, it does work like that.

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Please clarify how i changed my nationality. I'm confused how my parents, brothers, grandparents etc are all english yet i changed to be english?

Nayan
09-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Please clarify how i changed my nationality. I'm confused how my parents, brothers, grandparents etc are all english yet i changed to be english?

I never claimed that you did. Unless you are in fact a long-since-deceased monarch of this country.
You're not are you?

Penguin
09-10-2013, 09:24 PM

Agreed, Januzaj shouldn't even be considered for England. I don't care if he was the next Maradona, what's the point of international football if you can just draft anyone in? That's like signing the next Usain Bolt for GB in the Olympics. We might as well throw in a transfer window if that's the way it's going.

It's another case if it's players that are part English or have grown up here. But not a Belgian born Kosovan kid who's only been in the country for a year. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
09-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Agreed, Januzaj shouldn't even be considered for England. I don't care if he was the next Maradona, what's the point of international football if you can just draft anyone in? That's like signing the next Usain Bolt for GB in the Olympics. We might as well throw in a transfer window if that's the way it's going.

It's another case if it's players that are part English or have grown up here. But not a Belgian born Kosovan kid who's only been in the country for a year. :lol:

He has been here since he was 16 tbf and even so, he still has another three years to go. I find this discussion bemusing really, this isn't like club football where a player can eventually go to many clubs in many countries, he only has the one 'choice' for a national team when it comes to senior level, I highly doubt anybody is going to waste that on a country they have no emotional feeling or pull towards.

Power n Glory
09-10-2013, 09:34 PM
That's all well and good.

But this is some bullshit.

We have to remember what we are. We are English. We tackle hard, are tough on the pitch and are hard to beat.

"We have great characters. You think of Spain and you think technical but you think of England and you think they are brave and they tackle hard. We have to remember that.

"The only people who should play for England are English people. If I went to Spain and lived there for five years, I'm not going to play for Spain."

We have to remember who we are?

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2013, 09:37 PM
That's all well and good.

But this is some bullshit.

We have to remember who we are?

Dennis Bergkamp makes an interesting point here. I dont know if this is from an interview or his autobiogrpahy though. Even he supports what Jack is saying to a degree

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/814104615.png?1381352793

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2013, 09:39 PM
He has been here since he was 16 tbf and even so, he still has another three years to go. I find this discussion bemusing really, this isn't like club football where a player can eventually go to many clubs in many countries, he only has the one 'choice' for a national team when it comes to senior level, I highly doubt anybody is going to waste that on a country they have no emotional feeling or pull towards.

you say that but (different sport here) in cricket, look at morgan, rankin, joyce. all played for ireland then started playing for england. some get two choices it seems

Power n Glory
09-10-2013, 09:47 PM
It's bullshit, Ollie. That 'we have to remember who we are' talk is borderline. He should have a word with some of the French nationals cause that sort of talk was rife in France. Caused a lot of shit.

Edit: John Barnes...wonder how he feels about this.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-10-2013, 09:48 PM
you say that but (different sport here) in cricket, look at morgan, rankin, joyce. all played for ireland then started playing for england. some get two choices it seems

That's because Ireland are an association side though and essentially not professional. That situation doesn't often happen in football, ok thinking about it maybe with Diego Costa but that's because he would be granted Spanish nationality. Even so, I don't really have a problem with it.

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2013, 09:59 PM
That's because Ireland are an association side though and essentially not professional. That situation doesn't often happen in football, ok thinking about it maybe with Diego Costa but that's because he would be granted Spanish nationality. Even so, I don't really have a problem with it.

even if they are an association side, two of those players (morgan and rankin) have played against england in a world cup and now play for england. that just isnt right IMO. ok different sport but its the same kind of argument. you play for one country and thats it, and the country you play for is the one that you call your country not the one that will give you most chance of success. so morgan, rankin etc say they are irish, why should they play for england? they dont say they are english but irish.

Andy Murray will be aninteresting one if scotland get independence.

Xhaka Can’t
09-10-2013, 10:02 PM
even if they are an association side, two of those players (morgan and rankin) have played against england in a world cup and now play for england. that just isnt right IMO. ok different sport but its the same kind of argument. you play for one country and thats it, and the country you play for is the one that you call your country not the one that will give you most chance of success. so morgan, rankin etc say they are irish, why should they play for england? they dont say they are english but irish.

You are now confusing England with Britain.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Jack said naffin' wrong

We don't want 'em in our fackin' country n we won't fackin' surrenda

E E EDL

http://www.uksignboards.com/files/thumbs/t_dave_chav_copy_159.jpg

The Emirates Gallactico
09-10-2013, 10:07 PM
To be fair to Jack I think he was talking specifically about players who've grown up and lived the majority of their lives in another country and only come to Britain for football and become eligibale to play for England after residing only five years as was the case for Almunia and Cudiccini. And in that case I don't think he's said anything too controversial.

I don't think it goes any deeper than that, to the levels of him wanting the likes of Mo Farah and or any non White, non British born Brit to to represent England. I'm pretty sure with Mo being a massive gooner and visiting the training ground often they're actually good friends. There's probably even a tweet of Jack cheering on Mo during the Olympics or at least a picture of the two of them.

The problem is that with Jack being as thick as shit, he wasn't able to articulate his point well and the media, being the media, have blown this out of proportion and painted him as the next Nick Griffin which is ridicolous as he plays for a club that has an influx of foreign players and a foreign coach all of which he seems to get on with perfectly fine. At any rate, hopefully he realises that he isn't able to express himself that well and decides to just shut the fuck up and focus on his football.

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Rio Ferdinand does not believe Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia should be considered for selection for England.
The Spanish goalkeeper would be eligible through English residency.
The 31-year-old has played for the Gunners since 2004 and has not played for Spain.
But Manchester United defender Ferdinand said: 'That's for the FA to decide but I'm sure if he was picked for Spain he would play for Spain in front of England. So if that happens, I don't think it's really working right.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1075615/Arsenal-keeper-Manuel-Almunia-picked-England-says-Manchester-United-defender-Rio-Ferdinand.html#ixzz2hGVpOans
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

rio ferdniand has the same thing as jack did before. dont remember a fuss made baout that at all.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-10-2013, 10:14 PM
rio ferdniand has the same thing as jack did before. dont remember a fuss made baout that at all.

ferdniand :bow:

baout :bow: raoul moat's brother :bow:

The Emirates Gallactico
09-10-2013, 10:18 PM

Tbf Almunia was a bit shit whereas Janzuaj seems to be potentially world class and hence it would be a massive coup by the FA if they got him, which is why more attention is focused on it. That and it being an internationl weekend

But you're right. It's not really a controversial statement and echoeing sentiment expressed before, just phrased poorly. As I see from the tweets he's getting the usual bandwaggoners are getting a piece of the action. Trying to boost their own publicity by having a go at him for it. Pathetic.

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-10-2013, 10:18 PM
At least this has given people something to talk about in an international break.

Normally it's dead.

Marc Overmars
09-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Wheelchair. :lol:

Start of the end for him now.

Power n Glory
09-10-2013, 10:21 PM

That's because he didn't say anything about England for the English and remembering who we are as if there is some sort of identity crisis here. He also said it's for the FA to decide.

Xhaka Can’t
09-10-2013, 10:24 PM
His form has been crap all season, he has been caught out smoking which rightly or wrongly resulted in a fair bit of hullabaloo. Is it too much to ask for him to just stfu and keep a low profile rather than invite more controversy when he should be concentrating on making a significant improvement into his contribution to the team?

STFU or GTFO.

The Emirates Gallactico
09-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Also one of his best mates is Fabrice Muamba who he played alongside with in the Arsenal youth team, England U21's and on loan at Bolton. And he was born in the DR Congo and only came here when he was aged 11 and couldn't speak a word of English.

Same with #Dench who was born in Ghana and has played for the English youth teams alongside Jack and they're practically BFF as there twitter feeds would attest to.

It's getting particuarly clear what he's was specifically referring to in this case. So for the Torygraph to come out with an editorial like this is just ridicolous. Insuinating that he's against Mo Farah :facepalm:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/10365247/Jack-Wilshere-is-wrong-Mo-Farah-is-proof-we-should-embrace-Britains-diverse-society.html

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-10-2013, 10:35 PM
His form has been crap all season, he has been caught out smoking which rightly or wrongly resulted in a fair bit of hullabaloo. Is it too much to ask for him to just stfu and keep a low profile rather than invite more controversy when he should be concentrating on making a significant improvement into his contribution to the team?

STFU or GTFO.

Didn't Tommy Robinson stand down as EDL leader?

Tommy Wilshere :bow:

Power n Glory
09-10-2013, 10:39 PM
It's made headlines for a reason. Journalist could have posed this question to a load of players throughout the day but this was by far the best quote to move papers. He needs new advisors and needs to come off Twitter. Many will think this is an agenda from the media but in truth, it's all ranked on content. If John Terry had said or done some shit, they wouldn't devote much time to this story. They are vultures but no need to give them freebies and feed them.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-10-2013, 10:40 PM

They can say still they are Irish but representing England. I don't think we should really compare across sports though, for instance in cricket they get match fees for playing international matches but they don't get paid as such in football playing for England. I'd rather stick to football for this, after all Wilshere did say to KP as such that he was only thinking in terms of football.

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-10-2013, 11:01 PM

Does it not run contrary to the entire point of international football if you can change your nationality for the sole purpose of being eligible to play for that nation? If Januzaj did choose England [and almost comically no one actually knows whether he would want to so this is phenomenally premature] it would just seem manufactured and wrong, and though not all that far from the likes of Barnes in terms of age he wasn't already a footballer when the decision was made to move here and so the move was made for reasons other than football.

Granted it isn't all that common now it is something I can see becoming more common in the future unless the rules were changed. I guess it would be near impossible to know for sure the reasons, and maybe a far from ideal answer would be to have a cut off for eligibility once you become a professional footballer.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Does it not run contrary to the entire point of international football if you can change your nationality for the sole purpose of being eligible to play for that nation? If Januzaj did choose England [and almost comically no one actually knows whether he would want to so this is phenomenally premature] it would just seem manufactured and wrong, and though not all that far from the likes of Barnes in terms of age he wasn't already a footballer when the decision was made to move here and so the move was made for reasons other than football.

Granted it isn't all that common now it is something I can see becoming more common in the future unless the rules were changed. I guess it would be near impossible to know for sure the reasons, and maybe a far from ideal answer would be to have a cut off for eligibility once you become a professional footballer.

I think international football already has a problem with a lack of interest being there so looking at this as a sign that international football is being contradicted or will go on to lose its importance is probably a bit late in the day! I'd also suggest that a lot of people take not much pride in the England team currently and that is based on nothing to do with nationality, mainly based on the make-up of those players currently involved (their character) and also with the shit standard of football played/recycled.

Let's say Januzaj does choose England and goes on to play for them for ten years; that'd mean he has been in England or at least representing England, longer than nearly anywhere else he has been in his life so could you tell him he should feel less part of England than on say something that was never in his control (ie where he was born)?

Five years is a very long time and it's only going to happen for players of very high talent I imagine. A window of five years should give even the more modest talents of ready qualified English players a chance to establish themselves.

A Gunner
10-10-2013, 12:24 AM
I know this will be hard to define, but it should be about the original "intention". When they give some foreigners name as example against Jack, I believe, those people weren't here just to play sports and then discover, oh, I can play for England now, let's do it for England or UK. They most probably have been in England for generations, or they were born in England, or the whole family moved to England for one reason or another. But with Januzaj, his one and only intention is to make a career of playing football, he could have gone to Spain or Germany. And right now it's just some journalist trying to make a big deal out of it.

Globalgunner
10-10-2013, 02:15 AM
The hilarious part of Wilsheres statement is the 'Remember who we are, tackle hard and shit'. Ididnt know people still hadthat mindset. Being hard to beat hasnt won England anything since before Jacks father was born. Wheelchair should worry more about how he is going to convince Roy to breakup the famous partnership of Gerrard and Lumphard.

Nayan
10-10-2013, 04:51 AM
Looking at this again- if he says that only players who genuinely feel patriotic for a country should be allowed to play for that country then he has a point.

He gets into a mess defining what it takes to be English, and then trying to sell it with his 'hard to beat' fist pumping.

He needs to get his head down and stop making a clown of himself for the press, that's all

Letters
10-10-2013, 08:44 AM
To be fair to Jack I think he was talking specifically about players who've grown up and lived the majority of their lives in another country and only come to Britain for football and become eligibale to play for England after residing only five years as was the case for Almunia and Cudiccini. And in that case I don't think he's said anything too controversial.

I don't think it goes any deeper than that, to the levels of him wanting the likes of Mo Farah and or any non White, non British born Brit to to represent England. I'm pretty sure with Mo being a massive gooner and visiting the training ground often they're actually good friends. There's probably even a tweet of Jack cheering on Mo during the Olympics or at least a picture of the two of them.

The problem is that with Jack being as thick as shit, he wasn't able to articulate his point well and the media, being the media, have blown this out of proportion and painted him as the next Nick Griffin which is ridicolous as he plays for a club that has an influx of foreign players and a foreign coach all of which he seems to get on with perfectly fine. At any rate, hopefully he realises that he isn't able to express himself that well and decides to just shut the fuck up and focus on his football.
:gp: This post sums it all up perfectly.

If Jack's saying what I think he's saying then he's right, but he's too stupid to articulate it properly, the press were always going to twist it and following hot on the heels of cig-gate he should have shut his yap.

LDG
10-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Still, nice that we're all behind one of our own isn't it.

Xhaka Can’t
10-10-2013, 10:41 AM
The advice here, generally seems to be for him to Stfu and concentrate on his game. Which seems to be pretty spot on advice.

Letters
10-10-2013, 10:54 AM
You can't just defend anything someone does or says just because he's an Arsenal player.
That said, I don't think he's said anything outrageous. It was just clumsily put, always going to cause a media shitstorm in a boring week and he should have known better than to comment.

Dennis Bendtner
10-10-2013, 11:00 AM
What does stfu-ing and concentrating on football mean exactly? He fulfilled a media obligation with his national team. He just happened to poorly articulate an answer to a delicate question. It's hardly related to his training or his performances.

PGFC
10-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Jack's seriously fucked now, :arry: 's only gone an' backed him up

Power n Glory
10-10-2013, 11:25 AM
'They took our jobs!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768h3Tz4Qik

LDG
10-10-2013, 11:25 AM
The advice here, generally seems to be for him to Stfu and concentrate on his game. Which seems to be pretty spot on advice.

I get that, but I guess I'm just imeadiately protective of our own players. Us against the world and all that.

I remember Mr Arsenal smashing his car into a brick wall whilst pissed up, doing time in prison, and still being adored by the fans.

I'm never going to condone that kind of behaviour, but I think it's a little bit unfair, that having been posed a question by the dribbling cunts in the media, Jack's now public enemy number one, with even some of our own fans getting on his case.

He may be a bit thick, but fuck it, it's what he does on the pitch that counts, and he's clearly a very talented footballer. I'd like to see him fulfill his potential, but he won't if he's going to get beaten down by all and sundry.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-10-2013, 11:27 AM

He hasn't been at Arsenal continuously for five years tbf.

LDG
10-10-2013, 11:28 AM

:lol:

Xhaka Can’t
10-10-2013, 11:36 AM

Power n Glory
10-10-2013, 11:37 AM
"I'm in Jack Wilshere's corner," Redknapp told BBC Radio Four. "There are several clubs in the Premier League now, whose youth teams are absolutely full up with players who are bought in from other clubs abroad, and we'll end up with no English kids in the team.

"I'm absolutely with Jack. The English kids who go to academies at 9, 8, 10 years of age and striving to be professionals, there'll be no future for them in the England team, I don't think, if we allow this to happen."

Doesn’t Jack, Gibbs, Theo and Ox coming through at Arsenal just prove all this is bollocks? These same people were on Wenger and Arsenal’s back for years for the lack of English talent coming through and the amount of foreign players we had in our first team. Wenger said they’d all thank him in 10 years’ time and he’s doing a lot for English football. Now look. Wenger should send out a reminder. It’s sort of ironic that Jack is under the spotlight for this.

Letters
10-10-2013, 11:50 AM

:rimshot:

Nayan
10-10-2013, 12:50 PM
What does stfu-ing and concentrating on football mean exactly? He fulfilled a media obligation with his national team. He just happened to poorly articulate an answer to a delicate question. It's hardly related to his training or his performances.

as in not letting a pattern form where he always in the press for the wrong reasons and thus distracted from his game

Bumble
10-10-2013, 12:52 PM
i just think he is still suffering nightmares around the time when there were rumours that Almunia would be called up for England.

BOBN
10-10-2013, 02:33 PM
If only he was this comfortable with the right on the football pitch he might actually be half useful.

hobson's choice
10-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Doesn’t Jack, Gibbs, Theo and Ox coming through at Arsenal just prove all this is bollocks? These same people were on Wenger and Arsenal’s back for years for the lack of English talent coming through and the amount of foreign players we had in our first team. Wenger said they’d all thank him in 10 years’ time and he’s doing a lot for English football. Now look. Wenger should send out a reminder. It’s sort of ironic that Jack is under the spotlight for this.

I don't think Wenger has done much for English football, and honestly that's not his job, and nor should he care.

But I do understand, why Redknapp feels the way he feels, academies really shouldn't be littered with foreign players.

Master Splinter
10-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Ashley Cole is England's best player in the last decade and probably the only consistently reliable one.

Wenfer has done more than anyone for England tbf.

Nayan
11-10-2013, 07:27 AM
Wilshere dropped for England. Mixed feelings on this but on balance getting binned by Hodgson means he has had a kick up the arse and we havent had to bench him at arsenal yet. Less injury risk from international week and he can focus on getting his Arsenal form back. Net positive

Power n Glory
11-10-2013, 09:50 AM
I don't think Wenger has done much for English football, and honestly that's not his job, and nor should he care.

But I do understand, why Redknapp feels the way he feels, academies really shouldn't be littered with foreign players.

I really don’t think it makes that much of a difference. It’s a poor excuse. We were rubbish when there were hardly any foreign players in the league and academies so I don’t see how going back will move us forward. If Jack Wilshere, Ox, Theo and Gibbs can come through our system and hold down a first team spot at Arsenal when competition is rife, then it shows they’re picked on skill and merit instead of passports. Iron sharpens iron. Ashley Cole is one the best left backs in the world because of who he trained with week in week out. One of the best in the world….not just England.

Also, if quality English players actually existed, they’d find their way to the top regardless of who’s in the academies or first team. Every club is looking for the next young prospect on the cheap and you also have to question why none of the other leagues are looking to poach players from our league? Very harsh to say Wenger has done nothing for English football. Besides the players I’ve mentioned, the building of the Emirates and championing of youth development should be enough to inspire clubs to adopt our approach as a blueprint.

I am invisible
11-10-2013, 10:59 AM
If you were running a top-level football club, then why wouldn't you want a team/squad made up of a majority of home-grown, local players? If the quality was there, then it would represent the easiest, cheapest way of putting a side together, with the best guarantee that your players will get on with each other/ will all be trained to play the same style of football / will be used to the particular challenges of your league / will have no problems getting used to the country, the culture and the weather / will be a massive PR win with the national media and press, etc. Plus, there'd be a never-ending conveyor-belt of talent, so you wouldn't just be looking at a one-off good side. There's almost nothing but upsides, and very few downsides, so the fact that clubs aren't currently doing it should tell you that there's a problem there (i.e. the quality simply isn't good enough at this point). IMO, the FA need top trust the clubs' judgment on this - they're the best QA they're ever going to have when it comes to home-grown player development, and when the quality starts to improve, then the numbers will naturally start going up by themselves, without the need for any interference...

Power n Glory
11-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Barca!

Yep, I agree.

LDG
11-10-2013, 11:21 AM
"Outrageous" as Wishere's comments are, at least it's sparked some debate about the state of the national team.

The country at grass roots level is so far behind our European counterparts it's untrue, and until someone within the stuffy arrogant walls at the FA addresses that, we will forever be a team that plays 80's football.

The press, and the FA still believe we are in the top tier of World football. Until that arrogance is done away with, we'll never move on.

Wenger et al have bought technique and quality to the very elite, but that doesn't do anything for young coaches sending 8 year olds out on a Saturday morning.

In short. Jack :bow:

Nayan
11-10-2013, 11:27 AM
I suppose he has helped illustrate the FA's hypocrisy and stupidity.

First they blast clubs for not giving English talent a chance, then they spin around and try to recruit a kid who is clearly here for professional reasons and is in no sense English.
And they expect the english talent not to feel pissed off.

How do you then tell the ox, zaha or barkley to work hard and compete for a cap when they usher in januhatesjazz at the drop of a hat?

Özim
11-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Why would we want to talk about the state of the English game? It's very boring plus it's got nothing to do with Arsenal.

Would rather talk about Ghelshire and his ridiculous antics tbh, what will he do next?

Power n Glory
11-10-2013, 01:51 PM
I suppose he has helped illustrate the FA's hypocrisy and stupidity.

First they blast clubs for not giving English talent a chance, then they spin around and try to recruit a kid who is clearly here for professional reasons and is in no sense English.
And they expect the english talent not to feel pissed off.

How do you then tell the ox, zaha or barkley to work hard and compete for a cap when they usher in januhatesjazz at the drop of a hat?

If Ox, Zaha and whoever else aren’t better players than Januzaj and can’t get in the team then it’s too bad. There is a reason why Almunia and Arteta haven’t been drafted into the England set up. Even if they wanted to and were eligible, they’re not good enough to get into the team. Like every other player, you have to work hard to get into the team and it’s not as if Januzaj has been fast tracked. He’d still have to perform and earn a cap. He still has to choose who he wants to play for and considering the controversy caused by the suggestion, I wouldn’t be surprised if he chose to play for Belgium.

Penguin
11-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Who cares if the England team is shit. This isn't club football, it's international football. It's a tournament made for the best players of each nation to compete against each other. Signing foreigners wont improve England at all, it will just mask over how average we are.

Taking advantage of the naturalisation rules just seems pathetic to me. I don't care if other countries do it. If we want to improve do it at the grass roots.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-10-2013, 05:36 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/watch-moment-jack-wilshere-appears-2369722

Video in the link.

Jack. :bow:

Magnet to news.

Munchies
21-10-2013, 03:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXHC9I_CQAENces.jpg

LDG
21-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Smokes when he wants! :bow:

Munchies
21-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Smokes when he wants! :bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4DfdDkirds

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/21/article-2470071-18E12BE600000578-553_634x356.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/21/article-2470071-18E12AA500000578-999_634x356.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/21/article-2470071-18E12F9C00000578-414_634x356.jpg
His mum... :tiphat:

Nayan
21-10-2013, 07:50 PM
LittleBIt excellent

LDG
20-11-2013, 07:02 AM
Oh my god. What a twat. Cringeworthy.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wilshere-i-want-to-take-responsibility

Penguin
20-11-2013, 08:15 AM

Özim
20-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Oh my god. What a twat. Cringeworthy.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wilshere-i-want-to-take-responsibility

LDG
23-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Shit me. Did you see jack on MOTD!?!? What an embarassment to club and country.

Cringeworthy.

That's what I'd call it.

Concentrate on your game Jack. Stop doing these interviews that you're told to do.

Disgusting.

Özim
23-11-2013, 11:36 PM
You need some new material son, could be old age I guess making you repeat yourself every 2 minutes, or more likely could be too much alcohol.

GP
23-11-2013, 11:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/g3i4LZQ.jpg

Grebbo
24-11-2013, 03:55 AM
Thought Jack was pretty good yesterday. He just needs an injury free season to re-gain his form. At the top level if you're not quite right physically then your form suffers dramatically.

milla
24-11-2013, 09:04 AM
Shit me. Did you see jack on MOTD!?!? What an embarassment to club and country.

Cringeworthy.

That's what I'd call it.

Concentrate on your game Jack. Stop doing these interviews that you're told to do.

Disgusting.

What did he say? :coffee:

Xhaka Can’t
24-11-2013, 09:17 AM
He played well yesterday - that shot where he managed to find the post was incredible given the angle and how it was covered by Boruc. He worked hard throughout. The one criticism is that he went down to easily a couple of times. I think he is paying the price for this, because he got absolutely clattered outside the edge of the Southampton area in the first half - I heard the smack of the impact from my seat (seven rows back to the right of the edge of the Southampton technical area) and nothing got given. That could have been Clattenburg being consistently bad in his calls, but it could also have been to do with Jack's rep for going down too easily.

It is one aspect of his game that I would love to see eradicated. He has a low centre of gravity and has bulked up - he'll find that he will get far more success staying on his feet rather than trying to win a free kick.

LDG
05-09-2014, 08:24 AM
The boy is starting to show up again. Last two matches (Besiktas and for England) have seemed more like Wilshere. He's getting away from his man a bit better, and generally speedier in his release of the ball.

He'll come good this year if he stays fit.

:scarf:

selassie
08-09-2014, 09:55 AM
The boy is starting to show up again. Last two matches (Besiktas and for England) have seemed more like Wilshere. He's getting away from his man a bit better, and generally speedier in his release of the ball.

He'll come good this year if he stays fit.

:scarf:

Yeah I think he is starting to get back to the Jack we know. I think Jack has been given a really rough ride by the media, of course he did himself no favours getting caught smoking, but the scrutiny regarding his performances is a little bit off considering he missed almost a year and a half of football.

He does need to step up and cement a place in both the Arsenal and England team this season, I think he will achieve both if he stays fit and performs at the level we know he can.

Gooner23
08-09-2014, 11:09 AM
I also thought he looked good for England last week, moved the ball quickly and accurately. Its fashionable in the media to criticise Jack though, therefore when he does play well it's not really acknowledged. Glad he had a pop back at Redknapp recently.

Master Splinter
08-09-2014, 04:31 PM
It's happening to Oxlade now.

A kid who had more than half a season out, played well when he came back for a few games, got injured again, was England's most promising player in the pre-World Cup games, got injured again, played a few games for his club at the beginning of a new season and had an average 60 minutes or so in his first game back for England (playing no worse than most of the below-average team).

But his entire future is now questioned on the basis of that 60 minutes. And Hodgson replaces him with a more defensive player.

I don't necessarily think this is an anti-Arsenal thing, it's just a moronic media/pundits/fans thing.

Sterling will have a dip in form over the next few months and they'll question his attitude, whether he's washed up and his fathering of 7 children. And there will be calls for Adam Johnson or Milner to replace him. Which Hodgson will agree with.

The fuckwits who populate the football community really make it hard to enjoy or even tolerate at times.

Niall_Quinn
08-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Ox was great in the last game. Constantly running, assured on the ball and linked up well with the real front man - as opposed to that outrageous fraud Rooney who (as expected) did absolutely fuck all in and England shirt again, but got the plaudits, again.

Those fat cunts who call themselves journalists know fuck all about football except where the bar is at every club. That's what they do, drink piss and write shit.

Master Splinter
11-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Football365 are probably losing readership to Goal.com:

http://www.football365.com/faves/9464285/Wilshere-In-Danger-Of-Drifting-Into-Nothing

Someone should commission his 'Arsenal have won nothing for NINE years' and 'Martina Navratilova is a lesbian' articles next.

Niall_Quinn
11-09-2014, 08:37 PM
He's started to recapture his form, having surprisingly lost it due to being out with injury for half his life. So the media has to work a lot harder to maintain the current plot line.

Ozil anonymous, stealing a living, flop, waste of money. This one has run and run and even has some of the Arsenal fans loving it. But the "Ozil buying off coppers to prevent investigation" twist was a little much, I think his character tailed off after that. But he'll always have the moment after that thrashing of Brazil on the biggest stage when he grabbed the headlines for being useless and undeserving of his place. Right up there as one of the very best moments.

Rooney MOTM, always. The timeless classic is stronger than ever. Misses his two chances while another player scores two in what will probably be the most crucial game of the qualifiers? MOTM. Everyone is so comfortable with the character after so much time, this is the one unchanging role around which the whole drama pivots.

Wilshere - a wasted talent, the opposite of Rooney. Has started to take the badly missed Gazza role and make it his own. Boozing, smoking, playing for the wrong club, a villain in the making. His script has the potential to go anywhere, huge potential in this role.

Gerrard. Stevie Me. The Daddy. Even his calamitous, title losing and qualification trashing screw-ups can't stop us loving him. Yes he has a reduced role now but there's still plenty of mileage in a comeback plot, will he or won't he? Stevie Me - your country needs you! I'm picturing the scene, maybe a cliffhanger end of season finale, lip quivering as the prospect of further humiliation battles the call of duty - will he, won't he? Bloody heroic! Bloody British (minus the Scots).

Maestro
11-09-2014, 08:51 PM
He's started to recapture his form, having surprisingly lost it due to being out with injury for half his life. So the media has to work a lot harder to maintain the current plot line.

Ozil anonymous, stealing a living, flop, waste of money. This one has run and run and even has some of the Arsenal fans loving it. But the "Ozil buying off coppers to prevent investigation" twist was a little much, I think his character tailed off after that. But he'll always have the moment after that thrashing of Brazil on the biggest stage when he grabbed the headlines for being useless and undeserving of his place. Right up there as one of the very best moments.

Rooney MOTM, always. The timeless classic is stronger than ever. Misses his two chances while another player scores two in what will probably be the most crucial game of the qualifiers? MOTM. Everyone is so comfortable with the character after so much time, this is the one unchanging role around which the whole drama pivots.

Wilshere - a wasted talent, the opposite of Rooney. Has started to take the badly missed Gazza role and make it his own. Boozing, smoking, playing for the wrong club, a villain in the making. His script has the potential to go anywhere, huge potential in this role.

Gerrard. Stevie Me. The Daddy. Even his calamitous, title losing and qualification trashing screw-ups can't stop us loving him. Yes he has a reduced role now but there's still plenty of mileage in a comeback plot, will he or won't he? Stevie Me - your country needs you! I'm picturing the scene, maybe a cliffhanger end of season finale, lip quivering as the prospect of further humiliation battles the call of duty - will he, won't he? Bloody heroic! Bloody British (minus the Scots).

bang on, it's nauseating. media=cunts mc2

LDG
11-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Last three games, he's showed great attitude. He's been quicker, sharper and played some lovely football with it.

We just need the pundits to catch up. He needs about another 10 games, and that will be the point at which "wilshere turns corner". Probably after bagging a goal or two. Fuck the rest of the matches where he played well....it'll be the match where he does nothing and shins a couple in...then they'll call him great.

Then after a season of playing well, Wilshere haters will suddenly declare how he's improved, and is really playing much better.

Syn
11-09-2014, 08:59 PM
No longer care about what position he's playing in, his performances or what criticism/praise he gets. Most people are idiotic. At the moment he's going through his longest spell of games without getting injured. As long as that continues, everything else sorts itself out. Good thing is Wenger seems to be on top of it.

Injury Time
12-09-2014, 06:51 AM
No longer care about what position he's playing in, his performances or what criticism/praise he gets. Most people are idiotic. At the moment he's going through his longest spell of games without getting injured. As long as that continues, everything else sorts itself out. Good thing is Wenger seems to be on top of it.

Co-incidence that we have a new fitness guru? Diaby played a whole 90 minutes too #likeanewsigning

Munchies
12-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Last three games, he's showed great attitude. He's been quicker, sharper and played some lovely football with it.

We just need the pundits to catch up. He needs about another 10 games, and that will be the point at which "wilshere turns corner". Probably after bagging a goal or two. Fuck the rest of the matches where he played well....it'll be the match where he does nothing and shins a couple in...then they'll call him great.

Then after a season of playing well, Wilshere haters will suddenly declare how he's improved, and is really playing much better.

:gp:

Been quite impressed with his performances lately, hopefully he stays injury free

Injury Time
12-09-2014, 10:36 AM

Didn't work for Welbeck did it? Hopefully his core strength is improving so he doesn't get shoved off the ball so easily...that and he's not made to be our DM

Marc Overmars
19-04-2017, 06:04 AM
Wheelchair has fractured his leg.

So he manages to play most of the season but now probably won't be fit for us next year.

You can't make this shit up. :lol:

selassie
19-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Wheelchair has fractured his leg.

So he manages to play most of the season but now probably won't be fit for us next year.

You can't make this shit up. :lol:

This boy is damaged goods, if we can get anything close to 20mill then we should ship him out ASAP.

Xhaka Can’t
19-04-2017, 09:35 PM
£20m?

If we can get that....great.

If not, who cares? He is of no use at all to us and could potentially eat up a roster space.

Niall_Quinn
19-04-2017, 10:13 PM
Such an old thread (and same old story) I scanned up and thought Syn and IT were back posting.

Nope, it's just us still.