LDG
23-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Szsersczszny :rose:

Wengeritis now has full hold.

Injury Time
23-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Szsersczszny :rose:

Wengeritis now has full hold.

Sell him he's shit. (and worth slightly more than we paid for him)

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Sell him he's shit. (and worth slightly more than we paid for him)

So's your face :coffee:

Injury Time
23-11-2012, 10:08 AM
So's your face :coffee:

Um nope that would be your reflection.

V-Pig
23-11-2012, 10:46 AM
You guys are right. I'd rather Sneezey told the press how shit we are and how the Arsenal players all sit up all night texting friends at Barcelona asking them what it's like.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 10:48 AM
You guys are right. I'd rather Sneezey told the press how shit we are and how the Arsenal players all sit up all night texting friends at Barcelona asking them what it's like.

Yep fuck players showing ambition tbh.

Kano
23-11-2012, 10:55 AM
no english club is coming anywhere near winning it this year.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-11-2012, 10:57 AM
still makes silly mistakes in games because he thinks he's mr billy big bollocks but he'll grow out of it.

the other night i remember him overcomplicating another pass and it went straight to the opposition player when he could have just lumped it up the pitch to giroud.

always has a mistake in him but he's good enough

for now.

Letters
23-11-2012, 11:14 AM
still makes silly mistakes in games because he thinks he's mr billy big bollocks but he'll grow out of it.

the other night i remember him overcomplicating another pass and it went straight to the opposition player when he could have just lumped it up the pitch to giroud.

always has a mistake in him but he's good enough

for now.
Pretty much although Mannone did well when he stepped in.
As for the confidence thing. There's a line between that and delusion (I'm looking at YOU, Bendner). I don't mind players being a bit cocky but Chez goes too far at times. He is young though.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-11-2012, 05:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H_ADewdzM4

:haha:

Cripps_orig
28-11-2012, 02:08 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3559902 Spot on

Niall_Quinn
28-11-2012, 02:21 PM

Yep, Ches is shit, Arsenal are small time. We get it. Couldn't you just put it in your signature or something, to save time?

LDG
28-11-2012, 02:28 PM

Lol.

City :lol:

Bigger club :haha:

Do me a favour.

What a fat ****. (I mean Southall)

Olivier's xmas twist
28-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Goal.com Articles :haha:

Neville Southall :haha:

Özil's Panoramic View
28-11-2012, 03:09 PM
"...or City." :haha:

Cripps_orig
28-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Tbf we aren't a big club anymore. Wengers words not mine.

Özil's Panoramic View
28-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Tbf we aren't a big club anymore. Wengers words not mine.

Even if that's true, City? A club that couldn't come close to filling a less than 50k capacity stadium a couple o' seasons ago. A team that cannot make it beyond the group stages of a piss poor, watered down, boring ass CL tournament.

They buy an EPL title and all of a sudden they're considered bigger than us :haha:

Cripps_orig
28-11-2012, 05:08 PM
On the CL front, they have been in 2 Group of Deaths and do not forget, Arsenal were a bit shit when we were first in the CL in groups nowhere near as hard. Historically City are nowhere near us but I'm not a Liverpool fan who lives on history. Its all about the hear and now and City unfortunately piss on us comfortably. They go for trophies. We go for 4th place being quite content with a CL place, something the likes of Everton, Spuds, Newcastle are fighting for. We don't give a shit about trophies. Only the money. That's something the small ass clubs do when they get all excited when they get a big club in the cups when they know they have no chance of winning.

Grebbo
28-11-2012, 05:10 PM
That's a pretty fair assessment of Ches from Nev.

He is potentially a very good goalkeeper but you get the feeling he's not going to reach that potential as he doesn't work hard enough.

You can have all the talent in the world but you have to still work hard to reach the top e.g. Messi, Ronaldo etc

LDG
28-11-2012, 05:11 PM
On the CL front, they have been in 2 Group of Deaths and do not forget, Arsenal were a bit shit when we were first in the CL in groups nowhere near as hard. Historically City are nowhere near us but I'm not a Liverpool fan who lives on history. Its all about the hear and now and City unfortunately piss on us comfortably. They go for trophies. We go for 4th place being quite content with a CL place, something the likes of Everton, Spuds, Newcastle are fighting for. We don't give a shit about trophies. Only the money. That's something the small ass clubs do when they get all excited when they get a big club in the cups when they know they have no chance of winning.

Because they haven't been seeded. i.e. Their pedigree is shite.

GP
28-11-2012, 05:50 PM
That's a pretty fair assessment of Ches from Nev.

He is potentially a very good goalkeeper but you get the feeling he's not going to reach that potential as he doesn't work hard enough.

You can have all the talent in the world but you have to still work hard to reach the top e.g. Messi, Ronaldo etc

Pretty fuckin' rich from Southall. A guy who, at his fittest, weighed 47 stone.

Marc Overmars
28-11-2012, 05:55 PM
He's also fat.

Özim
28-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Even Southall thinks we're dogshite now! Mind you if you watch us on the pitch these days it's not hard to see why he might think that.

He's right about Chesney though, the guy is way too relaxed...it just seems to me he knows he's got his place and isn't as focussed as he could be, I think that's a common problem at the club, players not focussed enough and never pushed to become winners, we wrap players up in cotton wool way too much.

Özim
28-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Because they haven't been seeded. i.e. Their pedigree is shite.
The seeding system is sh*te to be honest, I don't see why a team who are Champions should be seeded below a team who are 3rd/4th in the league...it's nonsense.

I think the seeding system should work according to your position in the league i.e league winners in the major leagues are automatically in the pot of 1st seeds.

Fist of Lehmann
28-11-2012, 06:11 PM
The best of what we currently have.

I know a lot is thought of Damien Martinez within the club, but I've only really seen the COC performance, where he sucked arse hard.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Even Southall thinks we're dogshite now! Mind you if you watch us on the pitch these days it's not hard to see why he might think that.

He's right about Chesney though, the guy is way too relaxed...it just seems to me he knows he's got his place and isn't as focussed as he could be, I think that's a common problem at the club, players not focussed enough and never pushed to become winners, we wrap players up in cotton wool way too much.

Southall is a twat who gives a fuck what he thinks.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-11-2012, 06:39 PM
The seeding system is sh*te to be honest, I don't see why a team who are Champions should be seeded below a team who are 3rd/4th in the league...it's nonsense.

I think the seeding system should work according to your position in the league i.e league winners in the major leagues are automatically in the pot of 1st seeds.

Nah its fine as it is. If City are good enough they should be able to get out the group anyway. Do you really think if Barca finished 2nd in there league it makes sense to put them in pot 2 or is this another dig at Arsenal.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Pretty fuckin' rich from Southall. A guy who, at his fittest, weighed 47 stone.

Özil's Panoramic View
28-11-2012, 07:43 PM

Nah, fuck City. You don't just get taken over by oil tycoons, splurge obscene amounts of cash buying shit load of super stars (barring Lezbo), fumble your way to an EPL title and all of a sudden you're the it.

Fuck City and the Chavscum for distorting the beautiful game and fucking off every guiding principle, be it the books or on the pitch.

And I'm going to go slightly off topic by saying Wenger still trumps those ****s of managers who have or still run those clubs. Sure he's a has been at best now, but his glory days still far supercede the glory days of these 'can buy any player' managers. The best and most breath taking football ever witnessed in the Prem was played under his tutelage and stewardship. Now, you watch a Chavs and/or City game, and you are bored half to death, all the time asking yourself is this what football looks like coming from the supposed best teams with some of the best players on the planet?

Olivier's xmas twist
28-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Nah, fuck City. You don't just get taken over by oil tycoons, splurge obscene amounts of cash buying shit load of super stars (barring Lezbo), fumble your way to an EPL title and all of a sudden you're the it.

Fuck City and the Chavscum for distorting the beautiful game and fucking off every guiding principle, be it the books or on the pitch.

And I'm going to go slightly off topic by saying Wenger still trumps those ****s of managers who have or still run those clubs. Sure he's a has been at best now, but his glory days still far supercede the glory days of these 'can buy any player' managers. The best and most breath taking football ever witnessed in the Prem was played under his tutelage and stewardship. Now, you watch a Chavs and/or City game, and you are bored half to death, all the time asking yourself is this what football looks like coming from the supposed best teams with some of the best players on the planet?

Spot fucking on.

Özim
28-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Nah its fine as it is. If City are good enough they should be able to get out the group anyway. Do you really think if Barca finished 2nd in there league it makes sense to put them in pot 2 or is this another dig at Arsenal.
You can have more than one team from each country in pot 1, they do at the moment......what's a joke is having a team clearly better than another team in a lower pot.

Özim
28-11-2012, 08:34 PM

I think the point is though the best teams should be in the pot for top seeds, it doesn't make sense to have a team who aren't as good as the other team seeded higher.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-11-2012, 08:41 PM
You can have more than one team from each country in pot 1, they do at the moment......what's a joke is having a team clearly better than another team in a lower pot.

So what your saying is next season if Madrid finished 2nd they should be in pot 2. If City don't win the league this season then they should be in pot 2 or 3 is that what your saying.

The system won't change because they want to keep the best teams apart. City might have won the league but in Europe they are poor, that is how it is worked out.

Özim
28-11-2012, 08:48 PM
So what your saying is next season if Madrid finished 2nd they should be in pot 2. If City don't win the league this season then they should be in pot 2 or 3 is that what your saying.

The system won't change because they want to keep the best teams apart. City might have won the league but in Europe they are poor, that is how it is worked out.
No Madrid can stay in pot 1 along with the league winners. I don't think there should be any 3rd/4th place teams in pot 1 though (unless they won it the season before).

Olivier's xmas twist
28-11-2012, 09:01 PM
No Madrid can stay in pot 1 along with the league winners. I don't think there should be any 3rd/4th place teams in pot 1 though (unless they won it the season before).

You'd be better scrapping the whole thing and have a straight knockout competition tbh.

Joker
30-11-2012, 09:24 AM
I don't think teams should be seeded at all tbh. It makes the group stages extremely predictable, and seems to be a protectionist measure to ensure the 'big' clubs get past the group stages.

Letters
30-11-2012, 09:39 AM
I don't think teams should be seeded at all tbh. It makes the group stages extremely predictable, and seems to be a protectionist measure to ensure the 'big' clubs get past the group stages.
Of course it is. The bigger clubs are of more interest and will generate more money. And that's what it's all about.
Football :rose:

Lucky we're still one of the big clubs. Just.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2012, 02:21 PM

I agree, but its how the money is made, they have to keep the "Big Clubs" apart. More fans watch, more money.

Özim
02-12-2012, 03:19 PM
I totally agree, but that's not going to happen...at least if you do have a seeding system then make it logical though.

Cripps_orig
12-03-2013, 05:11 PM
He's been dropped for the game tomorrow.

Surely the end for him?

Come home Reina

Marc Overmars
12-03-2013, 05:18 PM
He needs real competition if he's going to improve, been in a comfort zone for way too long now.

Power n Glory
12-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Massive opportunity for Fabianski. Shop window and opportunity to claim the number one spot!

Cripps_orig
12-03-2013, 05:31 PM
What interests me is that Ferguson has gone for youth too - and Szcezny is better than De Gea.

:lol:

Özil's Panoramic View
12-03-2013, 05:38 PM
I still think De Gea is a bit shit even though he's managed a couple of flukes.

As you always say Ach, another shit player that Fergie has managed to extract some great perfomances out of.

Cripps_orig
12-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Nah De Gea isn't one of them.

He's quality. The save at the end of the Chelsea match was as good as it gets, a save our ches wouldn't have made

Özil's Panoramic View
12-03-2013, 05:57 PM
He wasn't so great when a more conventional save was required on the Ramires goal though.

Marc Overmars
12-03-2013, 06:09 PM
De Gea gets roughed up in the air too easily but has a nack of making some stunning saves. The save he made from Mata's freekick last year was the best I've seen in a long time.

Cripps_orig
12-03-2013, 06:13 PM
He wasn't so great when a more conventional save was required on the Ramires goal though.
He had no chance for that :blink:

it was right in the corner and he was at full stretch. As Moe says, he's not the best on crosses but he's young and will get better.

Fact is, all of us would take him over our clown and anyone who says they won't is wumming

Özil's Panoramic View
12-03-2013, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't exactly call Ches a clown.

Funny you can see past De Gea's weaknesses and say he'll improve, but at the same time completely write off Chesney, who has clearly displayed that he's also got some quality but just needs some proper coaching along with some challenge to better him.

Injury Time
12-03-2013, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't exactly call Ches a clown.

Funny you can see past De Gea's weaknesses and say he'll improve, but at the same time completely write off Chesney, who has clearly displayed that he's also got some quality but just needs some proper coaching along with some challenge to better him.
:ilt:

Cripps_orig
12-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Ches is an average at best shot stopper, not so good at crosses and his distribution is toilet.

A lost cause tbh

Reina would be great for us

Özil's Panoramic View
12-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Just how would he be great for us?

He's been dogshit for a number of seasons now, shows no signs of turning it around, and would probably get worse should he come here.

No thanks.

Cripps_orig
12-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Experienced, best keeper in England since he joined, still only 31 I think.

Hasn't been that great for Liverpool but he needs a new challenge

Özil's Panoramic View
12-03-2013, 07:29 PM

Always funny how you loosely throw jargons around to give pre-eminence to whatever argument you're positing.

"...best keeper in England...." :haha:

Cripps_orig
12-03-2013, 07:31 PM
He has been

Özil's Panoramic View
12-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Really now?

How so?

Cripps_orig
12-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Look at Liverpools defensive record. As shit as they have been, defensively they have been very good. I know it's the way here for a player to make a couple of mistakes to be considered shit for the whole time he's been here and that's fine but I'm a little older and wiser than that.

He's played behind shite like Skrtel, Carra etc and done well. His clean sheet record is also one of the best if not the best

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-03-2013, 07:43 PM
*pops head in*

I don't think I'm needed in here.... Cripps has it covered.

*slinks out*

Özil's Panoramic View
12-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Look at Liverpools defensive record. As shit as they have been, defensively they have been very good. I know it's the way here for a player to make a couple of mistakes to be considered shit for the whole time he's been here and that's fine but I'm a little older and wiser than that.

He's played behind shite like Skrtel, Carra etc and done well. His clean sheet record is also one of the best if not the best

That's all fast becoming the distant past now, you know, similar to our managers situation?

Fact is, he's been dogshit for a number of seasons now and frankly, an out of form keeper, who's shown no signs of making a 180 deg any time soon, is not what we need in our current state.

A talented, exciting and competent keeper a la Guzan would be perfect for us, imo.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-03-2013, 11:07 PM
theres a time and place to fucking drop players. smaller team in the league then great, but our biggest night of the season so far?

we put heart and soul into getting in the top 4 but throw the competition away when we're in it, whats the fucking use? like a dead end.

players injured on a 10 day break? nah. he's throwing the game because he wants to get 4th and realised theres a huge possibility we wont reach europe next year. well if you'd spent properly we wouldnt be in this position.

so fucking depressing. no silverware and throwing games in the one competition we are in. we wouldnt have won but to limp out and bend over for the opposition just reasserts how far we've fallen.

and anyone else notice how wenger said wilshere's out for 3 weeks then today said 3-4? its gonna be the season.

GP
12-03-2013, 11:50 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hy1hGHKcVBk/ULVEzcY_wII/AAAAAAAADgw/h0paJ_Pn7do/s1600/Jim-Carrey.gif

Marc Overmars
13-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Wenget said Chesney has been mentally affected from playing so many games this season. :unsure:

Injury Time
13-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Wenget said Chesney has been mentally affected from playing so many games this season. :unsure:

Work shy thunder**** can fuck off, Christ this team is so fucking weak mentally* :banghead: :ilt:

*assuming this is true

Japan Shaking All Over
13-03-2013, 10:26 AM
If he is mentally affected from playing a few games of footie then I must be mentally disabled from the amount of crap I have to put up with. . .its called work and we get paid to ,do it so get your fucking arse out on the pitch and earn your living. . .as I do as the fans that have to pay for the tickets that pay your salary do WTF

dazthegooner
13-03-2013, 11:27 AM
If he is mentally affected from playing a few games of footie then I must be mentally disabled from the amount of crap I have to put up with. . .its called work and we get paid to ,do it so get your fucking arse out on the pitch and earn your living. . .as I do as the fans that have to pay for the tickets that pay your salary do WTF

Well I would get stressed if I had that defence is front of me ;)

Power n Glory
13-03-2013, 11:41 AM
It's not stress. Wenger has just dropped him and it's a nice way of explaining his form. Mental issues/confidence...in other words he's playing shit so he's been dropped.

IBK
13-03-2013, 11:48 AM
theres a time and place to fucking drop players. smaller team in the league then great, but our biggest night of the season so far?

we put heart and soul into getting in the top 4 but throw the competition away when we're in it, whats the fucking use? like a dead end.

players injured on a 10 day break? nah. he's throwing the game because he wants to get 4th and realised theres a huge possibility we wont reach europe next year. well if you'd spent properly we wouldnt be in this position.

so fucking depressing. no silverware and throwing games in the one competition we are in. we wouldnt have won but to limp out and bend over for the opposition just reasserts how far we've fallen.

and anyone else notice how wenger said wilshere's out for 3 weeks then today said 3-4? its gonna be the season.

Yup. Plus the fact that Wenget's approach is fundamentally flawed - because Flappy will be destroyed by an annihilation tonight, while he's just shredded Szczesny's confidence for the ruin in (misspelling intended) by dropping him for our biggest game of the season.

Bottom line is that even with Szczesny; Poldi and Wilshere we would be nowhere near strong enough to have a chance of overturning this deficit. The fact that their replacements inspire so little confidence (not just against Bayern but in terms of getting 4th place) tells you everything about the mediocrity that Wumger has made us.

Its almost astonishing how every game that comes along seems to bring us more depression as Arsenal fans!

Power n Glory
13-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Pretty astonishing really. Why leave it at such a pivotal moment to drop the keeper? You're right, it keeps on getting worse. Can't wait to see the team selection. Ramsey is bound to start and he could potentially leave Rosicky on the bench. :lol:

IBK
13-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Pretty astonishing really. Why leave it at such a pivotal moment to drop the keeper? You're right, it keeps on getting worse. Can't wait to see the team selection. Ramsey is bound to start and he could potentially leave Rosicky on the bench. :lol:

Aye - and what makes it even worse is that unconvincing as he is, Ramsey is rarely played even in his best DM position. This is a big part of the reason that I resent our manager more and more - he won't even play to the strengths of his mediocre players! Will someone tell me what purpose it serves playing players out of position - other than making Wumger look increasingly foolish?

Power n Glory
13-03-2013, 12:23 PM
He could easily play Ramsey further back with Arteta and Rosicky further upfield but he won't. Arteta isn't comfortable playing so deep and I have no idea why he's further ahead to chip in with assists and goals since we're lacking in that area.

Just as long as he doesn't play Ramsey on the wing!

IBK
13-03-2013, 12:26 PM
He could easily play Ramsey further back with Arteta and Rosicky further upfield but he won't. Arteta isn't comfortable playing so deep and I have no idea why he's further ahead to chip in with assists and goals since we're lacking in that area.

Just as long as he doesn't play Ramsey on the wing!

Arteta is one of the best passers in our team, and I agree that he would be liberated playing further forward. Since Wumger seems to want to treat this game as an experiment - what would it hurt to push him forward? Given that Wumger seems determined to disadvantage our team in any way possible though, it woun;t happen, and it would not surprise me in the slightest if we see Ramsey on the wing!

Marc Overmars
20-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Chesney's dad having a go at Wenget. :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/20/wojciech-szczesny-father-arsenal

Power n Glory
20-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Not surprised by the Dad sticking up for the kid and making excuses, but it seems bad the way Wenger handles injuries. Wilshere is one example and I've often been surprised at how quickly Diaby is thrown into the line up after months out injured.

Ollie the Optimist
20-03-2013, 10:50 PM
Not surprised by the Dad sticking up for the kid and making excuses, but it seems bad the way Wenger handles injuries. Wilshere is one example and I've often been surprised at how quickly Diaby is thrown into the line up after months out injured.

not sure we can blame wenger for this one. his injuries is not the reason he has been dropped. an injury doesnt mean you do a cruyff turn in your own penalty box under pressure, fail to improve distrubition or by his own admission, fail to concentrate in smaller matches. his father is making up an excuse to say why his son has been dropped rather then admitting he has been utter dogshit for reasons taht injuries dont affect

fakeyank
21-03-2013, 12:58 AM
Well the interview is more damning of Wenger than it seems! :lol:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4851923/Wojciech-Szczesnys-talks-with-Arsene-Wenger-blast-dad.html

Power n Glory
21-03-2013, 07:07 AM
not sure we can blame wenger for this one. his injuries is not the reason he has been dropped. an injury doesnt mean you do a cruyff turn in your own penalty box under pressure, fail to improve distrubition or by his own admission, fail to concentrate in smaller matches. his father is making up an excuse to say why his son has been dropped rather then admitting he has been utter dogshit for reasons taht injuries dont affect

I think you misread my post.

IBK
21-03-2013, 09:51 AM
For me its 70% Wenger and 30% Chesney.

Wenger's fault for a) Not attending properly to the defence in his team and making both his defenders and his GK look like muppets; b) Relying on a young GK with noone to push him or learn from.

Chesney's fault for taking his eye off the ball and becoming error prone.

I don't disagree with anything that Chesney senior has said - and the guy is a football insider - not some nobody. But unless he said it to force a move for his son, he's done him no favours. Burnt out as I think he is, Wenger has unprecedented power at AFC, and has a track record of ousting those who do not agree with him. I would not be surprised to see Szczęsny dropped until the end of the season and sold in the Summer. Shame, because it'll be yet another young player Wenget has ruined.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Think it's unfair to say he would've ruined him.

Wasn't Szdndanay making it clear he wasn't happy when he wasn't getting games two seasons ago? Wenger does the right thing in dropping him when his form goes, even if it risks re-upsetting the player (probably had to wait until Fabianski wasn't injured) though and apparently he's the big bad man out to destroy careers. And this can't be about scapegoats or just targeting one player for our failings because Vermaelen has been dropped at the same time.

You do allude to it however, this is going to be just like Bendtner, with a family member sounding off at Wenger.

GP
21-03-2013, 10:31 AM
'yet another' :lol:

Munchies
21-03-2013, 11:52 AM
There's been quite a few pretty crap youth players anyone remember Lupoli ? Had an insane record in reserves and turned out to be pretty shit.

With Szcnzny the thing is that he's not that bad, but he's relaxed too much on it and hasn't really pushed himself due to there being no pressure for the no1 shirt. I can't imagine Fergie would of stuck with Fabianski this long.

IBK
21-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Think it's unfair to say he would've ruined him.

Wasn't Szdndanay making it clear he wasn't happy when he wasn't getting games two seasons ago? Wenger does the right thing in dropping him when his form goes, even if it risks re-upsetting the player (probably had to wait until Fabianski wasn't injured) though and apparently he's the big bad man out to destroy careers. And this can't be about scapegoats or just targeting one player for our failings because Vermaelen has been dropped at the same time.

You do allude to it however, this is going to be just like Bendtner, with a family member sounding off at Wenger.

I think you misunderstand, mate. The 'ruination' would be if Szczęsny ends up tossed out because of the culmination of all this. As I say - I think he has suffered from a combination of our kamikazee approach to defending, combined with a lack of competition. IMO it would have beensensible to plan better to Szczęsny being a future top class No. 1 by signing an experienced pro coming to the end of his time, for the lad to learn from. I think its unfair to expect a keeper as young as Szczęsny who has had noone decent to learn from since he arrived at the club - to have the wherewithal to improve as he should do - whatever his talent. Reliance on him (and you may be right that Flappy's injury hasn't helped) without competition or GK leadership has led to his current bad form, IMO. It is also not recent, but has been a decline over time (Euro's anyone?). However if Flappy has found new drive and stays and Wenger does not behave true to form, then maybe the situation can be retrieved.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-03-2013, 12:21 PM
I think you misunderstand, mate. The 'ruination' would be if Szczęsny ends up tossed out because of the culmination of all this. As I say - I think he has suffered from a combination of our kamikazee approach to defending, combined with a lack of competition. IMO it would have beensensible to plan better to Szczęsny being a future top class No. 1 by signing an experienced pro coming to the end of his time, for the lad to learn from. I think its unfair to expect a keeper as young as Szczęsny who has had noone decent to learn from since he arrived at the club - to have the wherewithal to improve as he should do - whatever his talent. Reliance on him (and you may be right that Flappy's injury hasn't helped) without competition or GK leadership has led to his current bad form, IMO. It is also not recent, but has been a decline over time (Euro's anyone?). However if Flappy has found new drive and stays and Wenger does not behave true to form, then maybe the situation can be retrieved.

He wouldn't be ruined at all by Wenger's hand. If he can't handle being taking out of the firing line, for what might be the short term (or might not be now his father has spoken out) perhaps he shouldn't be at the top level of football. If he can't abide not playing then having another keeper, rated higher than him at the club isn't or wasn't going to make a difference. He or his father would've voiced his disapproval again internally or externally and just end up instigating the same circumstance you think he is in now!

What you seem to be extrapolating from this is that Wenger has decided that he is no good to Arsenal despite him doing something which he is oft complained of not doing - dropping those players that are not playing well.

There is no unfairness here at all, I'm confused as to what you think Wenger should do. Keep playing him in the meantime whilst you admit he has no-one to learn from ie no prospect of improving and thus get more weight behind focusing him as a weakness? Wouldn't that be more irresponsible to his career than not playing him for what so far has been a grand total of two games?

Wenger hasn't come out and said about Ches like Mancini did about Nasri that he is playing at about 50% of his level, he's protected him in the media like he does for most of his players. If anybody goes on to ruin his career, it'll be his father - if he speaks out every time in his career his son isn't playing.

Power n Glory
21-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Why didn't Wenger just say Chesney was 'injured' like he did with Almunia and Lehman if he wanted to protect him from criticism? Dropping him and making those comments about his mental states has thrust Chesney under the spotlight and now the media smell blood. I can agree with what his Dad has said because he looks like the scapegoat now when Wenger would usually be more sensitive about such matters. I won’t knock him for it though because some players need a wake up call and we sugar coat too much when it comes to these matters. What really worries me is the way Chesney has played through injury and the missed training sessions. It explains why we have such a horrific injury record. We’ve seen Wilshere overplayed and rushed back from injury, Cesc, Diaby, Van Persie…when he’s desperate he gambles on players fitness and that’s not right.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-03-2013, 01:37 PM
He added: "He has played many games since the start of the season and recently I felt that mentally it affected him. That is why I have rested him".

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/bayern-munich-v-arsenal-gunners-in-disarray-as-wojciech-szczesnys-mental-state-is-questioned-ahead-of-champions-league-tie-8531860.html

That is what Wenger said. Would (or rather, should) that really be problematic to any player hearing that? I don't feel that's particularly scathing nor does it reflect badly on him as a player at all - if anything it shows contrition on Wenger's part by emphatically stating he has played a lot of games (because that was Wenger's choice).

The media smell blood regardless - they did it for when as you mention Almunia and Lehmann were 'injured' too. It's just what they do.

I don't envy managers on this really. If they don't play players when the players themselves think they are ok to do so, they complain, sometimes vociferously (even when a manager would rather they did not play). I think this is something that's going to be the case with Wilshere throughout his career combined with the 100mph take on all players way he plays.

Power n Glory
21-03-2013, 01:48 PM
On injury they can specualte but it's different from Almunia and Lehman because they had countless blunders under their belt and people kept saying we need a new keeper but that hasn't been the case this time. Saying he's effected 'mentally' is a polite way of saying his form has dropped and no longer confident which leads on to a subject already discussed on here about players losing confidence quickly under Wenger.

But if this will help the team then whatever. I have no problem with it.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-03-2013, 01:56 PM
It hasn't been said this time because he is much younger and as a goalkeeper, has a long time ahead of him but with Lehmann and Almunia it was still speculation about problems at Arsenal.

Things like this for young keepers happen, Ferguson elected to play Lindegaard for a few games instead of De Gea before going back to how it was before.

And yeah it was a polite of way phrasing it of course, hence why I said it was protecting him. It's getting to the point where I would rather he was just brutally honest - being the nice man father figure hasn't really achieved anything for him.

Power n Glory
21-03-2013, 02:09 PM
I guess so but I can understand why the father isn’t happy with Wenger’s statement having re-read it. If Chesney has mentally been affected by the amount of games he’s played then it’s down to Wenger playing him through injury and without proper training. A bit of a mismanagement. But what’s done is done. Chesney can bounce back.

GP
21-03-2013, 02:20 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wojciech-szczesny-statement

lol

Özim
21-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Looks like a statement written by the club to make things appear all rosy as they like us all to believe.

Power n Glory
21-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Yeah, the kid will be fine!

Cripps_orig
06-05-2013, 07:24 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22427086

He really needs to stfu.

JonasTC
06-05-2013, 08:09 PM

He really needs to stfu.

But he's right? Without bale, they're a mid table team, monkeyman has won like 10 matches for them this season (and thats just the one's i could quickly count where he got a matchwinning goal). Next season, without bale, they're gonna be a mid table team for sure.

Injury Time
06-05-2013, 08:17 PM
But he's right? Without bale, they're a mid table team, monkeyman has won like 10 matches for them this season (and thats just the one's i could quickly count where he got a matchwinning goal). Next season, without bale, they're gonna be a mid table team for sure.

Other than the money it will generate, plus chumps league and a #decent ambitious manager to attract new players...that and he said he's not leaving.

Marc Overmars
06-05-2013, 08:20 PM

He really needs to stfu.

He's a bit of a dick really.

You would think after his breakdown he'd be keeping a low profile.

Injury Time
06-05-2013, 08:31 PM

Much as I hate to agree with Cripps, gloat if we qualify you knob :banghead:

Cripps_orig
06-05-2013, 08:31 PM

Exactly

Stfu and concentrate on being better than the average ass keeper he is and that's me being modest.

Cripps_orig
06-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Lets hope so

Xhaka Can’t
06-05-2013, 09:01 PM

Great work pumping their tires for them.

Fool.

Niall_Quinn
06-05-2013, 09:48 PM
More the media than chesney. And Arsenals fault. There should be a rule the players can't speak to the media whores about anything connected to the club while they are under contract. But that wouldn't keep the circus fed. You can see the media whores priming those questions and blowing them out of all proportion so they can flog their budget cat litter and electronic sewage. Best thing to do is not speak with them. Ever. Like Scholes, he's way too smart for the whores and they still seem to love him anyway.

IBK
07-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Great work pumping their tires for them.

Fool.

TBH if Sperz need motivation from Chesney when a CL place is in the mix they are even more small-time than we think.

Cripps_orig
07-05-2013, 06:10 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3961010

"Coming from an Arsenal player who is only passing through to another club and isn't going to stay there for life, he doesn't mean those words from the heart.

AVB :bow:

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2013, 06:27 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3961010

AVB :bow:

It's hard not to like this guy. He seems to get it. And it makes me hate the board even more because they have taken everything that was established at this club and made it temporary in return for cash. ****s and I hope they die long and agonising deaths. And soon. We're a laughing stock and everyone knows it.

Ollie the Optimist
07-05-2013, 06:27 PM
avb is cracking up

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2013, 06:28 PM
avb is cracking up

Nah. Our loudmouths are playing right into the hands of the media whores as usual. That's all this is.

Ollie the Optimist
07-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Nah. Our loudmouths are playing right into the hands of the media whores as usual. That's all this is.

well no, its more avb is talking absoulte bollocks. going on about a player who has been here two years, he has been here sicne 2006, longer then all of the spurs current squad apart from dawson i believe

Cripps_orig
07-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Fair to say AVB has won this round

Ches :haha:

Embarrassing arsenal for years on and off the pitch

Ollie the Optimist
07-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Fair to say AVB has won this round

Ches :haha:

Embarrassing arsenal for years on and off the pitch

how has he won this round? chesney made a comment, avb went mental at it, got his facts all wrong and looks like an idiot.

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2013, 06:33 PM
well no, its more avb is talking absoulte bollocks. going on about a player who has been here two years, he has been here sicne 2006, longer then all of the spurs current squad apart from dawson i believe

Let's face it Ollie. Ches should keep his mouth shut. He wants to be loved in a laddish way (no homo) but he's striving for it through words in the press rather than performances on the pitch. We'll love him right enough if he gets his shit together on the pitch. Remember the class acts we used to have at this club, like Pat Jennings? Dave Seaman? Even Jens was likeable in a mad German way but Ches is coming across as arrogant and people may like that for a while but in the end it will grate if there aren't top performances to match that mouth. AVB is defending his club, nothing wrong with that and expected.

Cripps_orig
07-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Let's face it Ollie. Ches should keep his mouth shut. He wants to be loved in a laddish way (no homo) but he's striving for it through words in the press rather than performances on the pitch. We'll love him right enough if he gets his shit together on the pitch. Remember the class acts we used to have at this club, like Pat Jennings? Dave Seaman? Even Jens was likeable in a mad German way but Ches is coming across as arrogant and people may like that for a while but in the end it will grate if there aren't top performances to match that mouth. AVB is defending his club, nothing wrong with that and expected.:goodpost:

Ollie the Optimist
07-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Let's face it Ollie. Ches should keep his mouth shut. He wants to be loved in a laddish way (no homo) but he's striving for it through words in the press rather than performances on the pitch. We'll love him right enough if he gets his shit together on the pitch. Remember the class acts we used to have at this club, like Pat Jennings? Dave Seaman? Even Jens was likeable in a mad German way but Ches is coming across as arrogant and people may like that for a while but in the end it will grate if there aren't top performances to match that mouth. AVB is defending his club, nothing wrong with that and expected.

yeah i get that, im not particulary happy at what chesney said, it just does avb team talk for him, not needed at this time. however, my point was more, avb lost it at that quote, which to me, looks like cracking up. how often do spurs talk about us, like last year when van der vaart in october said we wouldnt finish above them, wenger never responds, or if he does, its just a simple response of i disagree

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2013, 06:39 PM
yeah i get that, im not particulary happy at what chesney said, it just does avb team talk for him, not needed at this time. however, my point was more, avb lost it at that quote, which to me, looks like cracking up. how often do spurs talk about us, like last year when van der vaart in october said we wouldnt finish above them, wenger never responds, or if he does, its just a simple response of i disagree

I think what you are trying to say is there are a lot of idiots in this game. Agreed. But what a coincidence, just as the race for 4th hots up they are all talking. Only a cynic would think this is manipulated for the purpose of maximising a financial return. Remember, marketing was invented to apologise for shit products replacing decent ones.

Marc Overmars
07-05-2013, 07:03 PM
AVB is awesome tbf.

He really needs to cough though.

Master Splinter
07-05-2013, 07:39 PM
AVB's comments about us being on a downward spiral after Spuds beat us certainly had the desired effect.

Let's hope Sir Chez Knee's don't have the same one on them.

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2013, 07:40 PM
More an observation than a comment.

Master Splinter
07-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Yes, but shit shouldn't call shit shit.

Especially when it's slightly inferior shit and your rival shit consequently goes on an unbeaten run and overtakes you.

Kano
07-05-2013, 08:58 PM
AVB's comments about us being on a downward spiral after Spuds beat us certainly had the desired effect.

Let's hope Sir Chez Knee's don't have the same one on them.

that was AVB hilariously attempting mind games, that, let's face it, he just doesn't have the media tools to deliver.

but his reply to chez was spot on. buried the big headed prick with that response.

GP
08-05-2013, 09:03 PM
http://www.irishgooners.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Wojceich-Szczesny.png