PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Man Utd

Pages : 1 [2]

Marc Overmars
29-08-2011, 10:30 AM
One player needs to be immedietly taken out of the team when it's possible to do so, and that is Ramsey.

His Cesc impression just doesn't cut it with me.

He's not ready at all IMO.

Joker
29-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Apparently Chamakh, Rosicky and Arshavin were all going down the tunnel and were recalled by some of the other players to make sure they applauded the fans at the end of the game.

Letters
29-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Apparently Chamakh, Rosicky and Arshavin were all going down the tunnel and were recalled by some of the other players to make sure they applauded the fans at the end of the game.

Good. The away fans are just about the only people connected with Arsenal yesterday who emerged with any credit.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 10:37 AM
I love how Joker says "some other players" when everyone knows it was RVP.

Power n Glory
29-08-2011, 11:01 AM
He's scored 2 in 2 and in a miserable end to last season was the only player consistently scoring and playing well.

The call of a captain goes beyond your own personal record. He should have been the one dressing down certain players for not pulling their weight. I won't get on his case too much, but he hasn't been himself.

Joker
29-08-2011, 11:02 AM
The call of a captain goes beyond your own personal record. He should have been the one dressing down certain players for not pulling their weight. I won't get on his case too much, but he hasn't been himself.

Agree, I think we should have given Vermaelen the captaincy tbh.

Marc Overmars
29-08-2011, 11:16 AM
He's in the prime of his career playing with this dross, I wouldn't blame him one bit if he decided to fuck off next year and he probably will.

Özim
29-08-2011, 11:22 AM
We're not going to be playing sides that good every week and Wednesday showed we're not a bad side
I really don't agree with this, drew with Newcastle, lost to Liverpool at home got hammered by Man U.

Udinese are nothing special 4th in Serie A (an avergae league these days), lost 3 of their best players and yet we foud it really hard work...IMO this doesn't show we're a very good side at all, in the paste we'd have wiped the floor with them, but such have standards fallen that we now find it hard against them.

The top sides will anhiliate us based on this, in fact they already have.

Daniele
29-08-2011, 11:27 AM
One player needs to be immedietly taken out of the team when it's possible to do so, and that is Ramsey.

His Cesc impression just doesn't cut it with me.

He's not ready at all IMO.

he just can't make it the whole fucking game. does not track back. looks like a 90 years old to me. Paul Davis in his current shape would produce better midfield play. Shite.

RomfordPele
29-08-2011, 11:30 AM
he just can't make it the whole fucking game. does not track back. looks like a 90 years old to me. Paul Davis in his current shape would produce better midfield play. Shite.

He's looked badly off the pace but I think there is a talented player lurking in there somewhere. Another player who has been totally exposed by Wenger's failure to strengthen.

(And STILL no move for Parker ... if he ends up at Spurs I'm going to be seriously pissed off.)

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 11:33 AM
I really don't agree with this, drew with Newcastle, lost to Liverpool at home got hammered by Man U.

Udinese are nothing special 4th in Serie A (an avergae league these days), lost 3 of their best players and yet we foud it really hard work...IMO this doesn't show we're a very good side at all, in the paste we'd have wiped the floor with them, but such have standards fallen that we now find it hard against them.The top sides will anhiliate us based on this, in fact they already have.

We never needed to wipe the flooe with udinese thoughm we did what was needed tbh.

Daniele
29-08-2011, 11:34 AM
He's looked badly off the pace but I think there is a talented player lurking in there somewhere. Another player who has been totally exposed by Wenger's failure to strengthen.

(And STILL no move for Parker ... if he ends up at Spurs I'm going to be seriously pissed off.)

he will. baffles me too. I mean he may not be Essien or Xavi but has what most of our players have been lacking: guts and leadership.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 11:35 AM

The same parker who led west ham to relegation, jumped ship as soon as Charlton got relegated, never shined at Chelsea. Nah its ok thanks don't need him.

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 11:36 AM
The same parker who led west ham to relegation, jumped ship as soon as Charlton got relegated, never shined at Chelsea. Nah its ok thanks don't need him.

agree. happy with Frimfrong tbh

RomfordPele
29-08-2011, 11:41 AM
You guys are as mad as Wenger.

Letters
29-08-2011, 11:44 AM
I really don't agree with this

No shit.

The top sides may well beat us but there are only a few of those. We're not that great a side this year but we're not that bad.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 11:44 AM
You guys are as mad as Wenger.

Nah its just not the worst thing for him not to come to us, he's not even spurs 1st choice tbh.

Joker
29-08-2011, 11:48 AM
At this moment in time I'd jump at the chance of signing Parker. Unfortunately, he's not the type of player Wenger's interested in, because of his age and style of play. You saw how Wenger subbed Coquelin, who was at least making tackles and putting himself about even if he was out of his depth. Wenger doesn't like players like this this, thinking they're unsophisticated and won't fit into his "Wengerball" philosophy of pointless short passing without any cutting edge. Parker would be vocal on the pitch, he'd bang heads together and would put himself about and wouldn't make it easy for the opposition midfield. We definitely wouldn't have been so easy to play against if he was in midfield, and shoulders would not have dropped so easily because he'd demand our players to stand up and be counted.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 11:50 AM
2009 - Garreth Barry
2010 - Joe Cole
2011 - Scott Parker

http://mformethod.com/bin/derp.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 11:50 AM
At this moment in time I'd jump at the chance of signing Parker. Unfortunately, he's not the type of player Wenger's interested in, because of his age and style of play. You saw how Wenger subbed Coquelin, who was at least making tackles and putting himself about even if he was out of his depth. Wenger doesn't like players like this this, thinking they're unsophisticated and won't fit into his "Wengerball" philosophy of pointless short passing without any cutting edge. Parker would be vocal on the pitch, he'd bang heads together and would put himself about and wouldn't make it easy for the opposition midfield. We definitely wouldn't have been so easy to play against if he was in midfield, and shoulders would not have dropped so easily because he'd demand our players to stand up and be counted.

No i think it might have been more to do with not wating the lad to do a frimpong and get sent off. Nothing to do with the tackling otherwise Arshavin would have been subbed too.

Joker
29-08-2011, 11:51 AM
No shit.

The top sides may well beat us but there are only a few of those. We're not that great a side this year but we're not that bad.

Last season it wasn't just the top sides who beat us, but mediocre ones like WBA, Bolton, Newcastle, Stoke etc all defeated us. With a weaker squad this season, it's likely we'll suffer even more of these type of defeats against mid table sides, so it's not as if we're only going to regularly drop points against teams like United, City, Chelsea etc. This is why I think the best we can hope for this season is 6th or 7th place, and if the worse comes to worse and we don't sign any more players in this window, I can see us as low as 10th or 11th tbh.

RomfordPele
29-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Nah its just not the worst thing for him not to come to us, he's not even spurs 1st choice tbh.

Sure, if we had two months to strengthen the team - like we should have done - then there are probably better options. But we don't. Parker's there, he's proven in the premiership and he would protect and support players like Ramsey and Wilshere. Of course, if Wenger is about to serve up M'Vila then Spurs are welcome to him, but I just can't see that happening. Don't think we can afford to be so sniffy about a player like Parker any more. He'd do a good job for us.

Joker
29-08-2011, 11:52 AM
No i think it might have been more to do with not wating the lad to do a frimpong and get sent off. Nothing to do with the tackling otherwise Arshavin would have been subbed too.

But the guy wasn't even booked when he was subbed. Moreover, he didn't look like getting sent off, and I can't remember any dangerous tackles from him.

Marc Overmars
29-08-2011, 11:57 AM
No shit.

Lettuce, this team has been terrible for the most part of this calendar year. January was the only month we managed to string together a few wins.

Everything suggests this team is quite bad. The Udinese win is actually a bit of an anomaly and you can't draw too many conclusions from that. You're right in saying that we won't face United every week, however we're also not going to be facing open and attacking European opposition every week either. We'll be facing rugged and defensive teams who make up most of the league and on current evidence it doesn't even look like we will have the beating of them.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Sure, if we had two months to strengthen the team - like we should have done - then there are probably better options. But we don't. Parker's there, he's proven in the premiership and he would protect and support players like Ramsey and Wilshere. Of course, if Wenger is about to serve up M'Vila then Spurs are welcome to him, but I just can't see that happening. Don't think we can afford to be so sniffy about a player like Parker any more. He'd do a good job for us.

Ok he if came would not be the worst thing in the wold short term i suppose.

But the guy wasn't even booked when he was subbed. Moreover, he didn't look like getting sent off, and I can't remember any dangerous tackles from him.

yeah but all you need is one to get a straigh red. My point was i highly doubt Wenger took him off because he likes to get stuck in like you said. The lad could not do anything more by the time he was taking off.

Letters
29-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Everything suggests this team is quite bad. The Udinese win is actually a bit of an anomaly and you can't draw too many conclusions from that.

We'll see. We're only a few games into this season and although we were poor at the end of the season we were good before that. We've lost 2 key players since then and if we don't replace then that's a bit worry. I think about Christmas we'll see where we are this season. There is definite cause for worry but I'm not going to be too panicked or over-react too much after 3 games.

Power n Glory
29-08-2011, 12:08 PM
We didn't lose that badly because we were playing a great side. This team is lacking in confidence and after that ass whooping, it is going to take a lot to get their confidence back.

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 12:10 PM
We'll see. We're only a few games into this season and although we were poor at the end of the season we were good before that. We've lost 2 key players since then and if we don't replace then that's a bit worry. I think about Christmas we'll see where we are this season. There is definite cause for worry but I'm not going to be too panicked or over-react too much after 3 games.
LOL what! Over-react after three games?

Do you know what our record is in all competitions since March? Since then we have sold Clichy, Cesc, Nasri...............

Power n Glory
29-08-2011, 12:10 PM

You never do and always try to put a positive spin on bad results. Every year you say 'let's wait and see'.

StamfordBrdige
29-08-2011, 12:13 PM
No shit.

Serious question, where do you think arsenal will finish this season?

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 12:16 PM

Wenger seems to live in some future fantasy, I doubt he'll sign a practical player who could stop the blood loss because he doesn't see how that player will fit into his dream further down the line. It will kill one of his precious failures if we sign a crude Parker. If this latest result came on the back of just last season's fiasco you could say it was a downturn that could be corrected. But we've been going downhill for years and Wenger has always failed to act. Persisting with Denilson when Alsono was available. Buying Velas when Bellamy or Defoe could have been drafted in for instant results. We're not just a flawed team, we are snobbish about it. From the boardroom down to the pitch it seems we only want a certain type here. The fact these types consistently fail to be good enough is water off a duck's back. The spuds are chasing all the players that could do job for us and if they get them they'll finish above us in the table. But at least we'll be building this amazing vision for the future, as our depleted squad gets whipped 8-2.

StamfordBrdige
29-08-2011, 12:19 PM

:lol:

Parker is better than any of your CM's right now. That some of you can't see it goes to show how far down the path AW has taken some of you. It's like last season some people were saying Djourou was a good CB :haha:

Parker would immediately improve your CM by 200%. As well as being a good player his mental attributes & experience would benefit your team no end. But hey stick to Frimpong and other such shite. One would think after the failure of the last batch of young players people would have wised up but no, here we are again and people were beginning to say that AW had found some good players from random leagues.

Put it this way, fans of your rival clubs would love for you guys to not sign parker but stick to frimpong and other random kids you have.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 12:21 PM
agree. happy with Frimfrong tbh

We don't have Frimpong though, do we? His inexperience meant he was in the stands rather than on the pitch. I don't blame an inexperienced player for showing inexperience, it's to be expected. But forgiving Frimpong his indiscretions doesn't put a reliable player on the pitch. The fact we "have" Frimpong to such a degree we now miss him shows how weak our squad really is and how urgent it is to act in these 3 days to correct this critical deficiency. Parker would be an easy solution. Maybe not a long term fix but we're hardly tinkering with the final pieces here. We have gaping holes that need to be filled. The same holes Utd waltzed through on the way to scoring 8 fucking goals against us.

StamfordBrdige
29-08-2011, 12:23 PM
You never do and always try to put a positive spin on bad results. Every year you say 'let's wait and see'.

Too fucking true. Letters is the head of the MOC and he doesn't even know it.

Letters my friend i admire your wait next year approach but you should ask Liverpool fans about that as they've been waiting next year for fucking ages.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 12:25 PM

Parker is better than any of your CM's right now. That some of you can't see it goes to show how far down the path AW has taken some of you. It's like last season some people were saying Djourou was a good CB :haha:

Parker would immediately improve your CM by 200%. As well as being a good player his mental attributes & experience would benefit your team no end. But hey stick to Frimpong and other such shite. One would think after the failure of the last batch of young players people would have wised up but no, here we are again and people were beginning to say that AW had found some good players from random leagues.

Put it this way, fans of your rival clubs would love for you guys to not sign parker but stick to frimpong and other random kids you have.

Never said he was not did i

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 12:26 PM
No shit.

Erm, we ARE in fact THAT BAD. As we have all just seen. We've deluded ourselves for too long. We aren't even in steady decline any more, we're in freefall and I'm confident this squad can defeat the law of terminal velocity and go to the bottom faster than physics would normally allow. Anyone who watched that match yesterday and still doesn't see the ground rushing up is in for one hell of an impact with reality.

gunsofashburtongrove
29-08-2011, 12:26 PM
He just got back from U-20 world and practically didn't have an off season, probably wanted to rest him

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 12:31 PM

I said we'd be mid table at best and could well be drawn into the lower ten clubs scrapping against relegation. Everyone laughed of course. But I'm looking at the squad we have now rather than the results of the past and I'm making no assumptions because I've found assuming anything with this team is a recipe for disappointment, even when I assume the worst. This team is always finding new ways to achieve new lows.

Cripps_orig
29-08-2011, 12:40 PM

Il be optimistic and say 17th

Cripps_orig
29-08-2011, 12:41 PM
I said we'd be mid table at best and could well be drawn into the lower ten clubs scrapping against relegation. Everyone laughed of course. But I'm looking at the squad we have now rather than the results of the past and I'm making no assumptions because I've found assuming anything with this team is a recipe for disappointment, even when I assume the worst. This team is always finding new ways to achieve new lows.

How can we get lower than this? Id say losing at home to a Welsh club who hasnt scored a goal yet might be it and it'll probably happen

StamfordBrdige
29-08-2011, 12:50 PM

Behave. No chance of you guys finishing in the bottom half of the table, even with no new signings.

Top 4 is not happening. If you sign nobody of note then i'd say spurs might just actually finish ahead of you guys. Weird thing is that even if that did happen i can still see some saying AW should stay on.

danisinkz
29-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Top 4 is not happening. If you sign nobody of note then i'd say spurs might just actually finish ahead of you guys. Weird thing is that even if that did happen i can still see some saying AW should stay on.

I can believe that.... it'll probably be the entire board of directors!

Young Guns 11
29-08-2011, 01:22 PM
I asked Jack on twitter if he'd ask the players who played on sunday to dip into their wages and refund the fans who went...haven't got a reply as of yet..but im sure he's just busy...

:unsure:

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Decent summary, loved opening paragraphs
http://t.co/UMeYXQs

Grebbo
29-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Is anyone else saying out loud to themselves every few hours "eight two fucking hell" whilst shaking their head?

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Is anyone else saying out loud to themselves every few hours "eight two fucking hell" whilst shaking their head?

I'm past the 8-2 thing now. I'm on to the "Fuck it! Cunts! Fuck 'em!" stage.

Master Splinter
29-08-2011, 04:05 PM

No.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Time until Thursday, 1 September 2011: 2 days, 5 hours, 53 minutes, 41 seconds

53 hours to go...

Grebbo
29-08-2011, 04:06 PM
No.

Why? You got a cock in your mouth?

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Time until Thursday, 1 September 2011 (Brussels time)

It is 2 days, 5 hours, 53 minutes, 41 seconds
until Thursday, 1 September 2011

53 hours to go...

We all knew in July we weren't signing anyone significant. But it will probably take the window slamming shut for people to finally accept it.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 04:09 PM
wrong thread...

Master Splinter
29-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Why? You got a cock in your mouth?

Yes, your mum's.

Plus, I have mutism.

Ashburton2006
29-08-2011, 05:29 PM
No wins in 62 wins in 14Wenger outAnd thats not even mentioning the scorelineWe have hit rock bottomOk, is anyone going to say "Ashburton2006, you were right to start the Wenger out campaign"!I also agree that we could end up fighting relegation!!

Young Guns 11
29-08-2011, 05:35 PM
I also agree that we could end up fighting relegation!!

So absurd.

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Ok, is anyone going to say "Ashburton2006, you were right to start the Wenger out campaign"!I also agree that we could end up fighting relegation!!

fuck me, you couldnt wait to come here and gloat could you? fuck off

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Ok, is anyone going to say "Ashburton2006, you were right to start the Wenger out campaign"!I also agree that we could end up fighting relegation!!

No

GP
29-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Ok, is anyone going to say "Ashburton2006, you were right to start the Wenger out campaign"!

No, but they might say 'Ashburton2006, you can't return a butt plug for hygiene reasons.'

Letters
29-08-2011, 07:54 PM

Before we sold Cesc and Nasri I thought we'd finish 4th. Now we have and we don't seem to be replacing them...I just don't know any more. If we don't sign anyone then top 4 is going to be a real struggle. That said Spurs, who have been touted as a team who could potentially leapfrog us, haven't exactly roared out the traps either. Liverpool have so they look like a more serious contender for top 4. Still think top 6 although towards the bottom of that top 6.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Before we sold Cesc and Nasri I thought we'd finish 4th. Now we have and we don't seem to be replacing them...I just don't know any more. If we don't sign anyone then top 4 is going to be a real struggle. That said Spurs, who have been touted as a team who could potentially leapfrog us, haven't exactly roared out the traps either. Liverpool have so they look like a more serious contender for top 4. Still think top 6 although towards the bottom of that top 6.

Not a prayer. Stoke, Sunderland, Everton, Villa, all of these teams are as good as us and have a lot more fight.

Letters
29-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Too fucking true. Letters is the head of the MOC and he doesn't even know it.

Letters my friend i admire your wait next year approach but you should ask Liverpool fans about that as they've been waiting next year for fucking ages.

Again, I've said repeatedly that Wenger should have been sacked for the end of last season. You keep on ignoring that.

Yes, I am a generally optimistic person although certainly not mindlessly - I won't name names but if you look at that thread there are people who see things far more rosy then I do.

All I've said is that there are reasons for deep concern right now but the Udinese game gave me some home and 3 games does not a season make. As for Liverpool, on 16th January their results to that point in the league were:

P22 W7 D5 L10. They were 13th, 4 points off the relegation zone. They ended up 6th. That was over half way into the season and they finished strongly. To predict the outcome of a season with any certainty after 3 games is lunacy.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 08:08 PM
In the end you can defend Wenger all you want and lobby for him to have the job for ever, but hardly anyone agrees with you any more. Contrary to your endless defence of the guy, if we examine the evidence impartially, he should have been sacked at the end of last season.

Özim
29-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Again, I've said repeatedly that Wenger should have been sacked for the end of last season. You keep on ignoring that.

Yes, I am a generally optimistic person although certainly not mindlessly - I won't name names but if you look at that thread there are people who see things far more rosy then I do.

All I've said is that there are reasons for deep concern right now but the Udinese game gave me some home and 3 games does not a season make. As for Liverpool, on 16th January their results to that point in the league were:

P22 W7 D5 L10. They were 13th, 4 points off the relegation zone. They ended up 6th. That was over half way into the season and they finished strongly. To predict the outcome of a season with any certainty after 3 games is lunacy.
I don't recall Liverpool conceding 8 goals though.

That result alone is enough to sack him, for a top club to concede 8 goals is unheard of and hasn't happened to us since 1896.

Recent Wenger teams seem prone to getting a thrashing or two, not really acceptable.

Edinburgh Gooner
29-08-2011, 08:09 PM

:gp:

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 08:20 PM
As for Liverpool, on 16th January their results to that point in the league were:

Liverpool is not a good example, they were managed by an incompetent loon during that period whereas we have Wenger.

Letters
29-08-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm just saying you can't write off a season after 3 games.
It's obviously true.
:shrug:

That said there are some big concerns right now and if we don't sign some big players in the next 2 days, and it's starting to look like we might not, then we're going to struggle this year. Not relegation struggle, but the squad is seriously lacking quality right now.

GP
29-08-2011, 08:36 PM
It's obviously true.

That said there are some big concerns right now and if we don't sign some big players in the next 2 days, and it's starting to look like we might not, then we're going to struggle this year. Not relegation struggle, but the squad is seriously lacking quality right now.

So's your face.

Wenger out.

Letters
29-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Et tu, GP?

<_<

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 08:39 PM
It's obviously true.

Typical English reaction, sign some players and that will be the answer.

GP
29-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Et tu, GP?

<_<

Yesterday was a tipping point.

Master Splinter
29-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Yesterday was a tipping point.

For your face?

GP
29-08-2011, 08:46 PM
For your face?

Yes.

Also for your mum.

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 09:03 PM
It's obviously true.

as mentioned a million times, look at our league record since the carling cup, add to that the loss of Cesc and Na$ri and finally mix it all together with only 2 days left in the transfer window and realise what a disaster it has all been.

Wenger should have done all his business months ago so players could work with each other particularly if we try and play in his collective ideal manner, however right now we are struggling to keep the ball against most teams as it is a big patch up job with 2 out of four world class players leaving the club (Cesc/Nasri and left RVP/Wilshire)

-Xs-
29-08-2011, 10:10 PM

That result alone is enough to sack him, for a top club to concede 8 goals is unheard of and hasn't happened to us since 1896.

Recent Wenger teams seem prone to getting a thrashing or two, not really acceptable.

Was thinking this the other day; 8! I hope he didn't collect his wages this week. If there is anything which could lead to being sacked it's pulling off a defeat like that. That was almost the Ipswich score, and it could have been worse!

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Was thinking this the other day; 8! I hope he didn't collect his wages this week. If there is anything which could lead to being sacked it's pulling off a defeat like that. That was almost the Ipswich score, and it could have been worse!
The board, player and manager will always collect their wages mate.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 10:34 PM

That result alone is enough to sack him, for a top club to concede 8 goals is unheard of and hasn't happened to us since 1896.Recent Wenger teams seem prone to getting a thrashing or two, not really acceptable.

Makes no diffrence to you 8-2, 3-1, 1-0 you'd want him sacked whatever the result.

Loosing 8-2 was not the problem it was how he lost was the problem (if that makes sense)

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Makes no diffrence to you 8-2, 3-1, 1-0 you'd want him sacked whatever the result.

Loosing 8-2 was not the problem it was how he lost was the problem (if that makes sense)

Losing 8-2 is a problem when your team's the one that scored the 2. This wasn't a freak result, it's a result we have been building towards for a long time. It won't be the low point of our season either. I have absolute faith in this squad's ability to plumb new depths.

Özim
29-08-2011, 11:11 PM

Of course, because he's been poor for years, it's about time we got rid of someone who just not doing the business on the pitch.

Conceding 8 is a problem, the scoreline says it all to be honest, any team that concede 8 must have been diabolically bad......it's only happened 2 other times in the PL once to Ipswich and Notts Forest.....both got relegated.

This defeat is beyond embarrassing to be honest.

-Xs-
30-08-2011, 02:34 AM
"When I heard the scoreline, I nearly swerved off the road. "8-2? They are taking the piss!" I was so incensed. I was trembling with anger. I couldn't believe what I heard."

Tru story.

Anyway, yep, make no mistake, I don't think this is a one off unless some serious changes happen

Champagne Charlie
30-08-2011, 07:40 AM
Last season was so difficult to take for fans; the end of season collapse, the cup final balls up, the 4-4, the sp*rs home game, etc. The one thing I wanted from this season was for us to restore a bit of pride in the team and the club. But bang, 3 games into the new season an Arsenal are a laughing stock again. Disgraceful stuff.

Xhaka Can’t
30-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Ok, is anyone going to say "Ashburton2006, you were right to start the Wenger out campaign"!I also agree that we could end up fighting relegation!! No, but carry on with posts like that and a few might tell you to go and do something to yourself.Hope the fire damage wasn't too bad.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Of course, because he's been poor for years, it's about time we got rid of someone who just not doing the business on the pitch.

Conceding 8 is a problem, the scoreline says it all to be honest, any team that concede 8 must have been diabolically bad......it's only happened 2 other times in the PL once to Ipswich and Notts Forest.....both got relegated.

This defeat is beyond embarrassing to be honest.

Of course it is and ill be a fool to say otherwise, ANd your right it is a sacking offense on its own lol.