PDA

View Full Version : The enormity is only just registering....

gunnerrrrr
28-08-2011, 08:36 PM
8 fucking 2...

8 goals against

Team who have been down to 9 men have not let in as many goals

Championship sides have defended better at Old Trafford

We are Arsenal and we shipped 8 goals....8!!!!!

Just sit back and think about it...:ninja::shrug:

gunnerrrrr
28-08-2011, 08:39 PM
8 fucking goals...8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck me not even sendros was ever as bad as djourou

-Xs-
28-08-2011, 08:48 PM
1896; the last time Arsenal conceded that many

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2011, 08:50 PM
6,7,8, it doesn't matter. By 6 I am already numb. If we're going to get hammered at least try and break the Premier League record for goals in a match.

notwist
28-08-2011, 08:53 PM
I think people are overlooking the fact that we have the only 100% record in the Prem. Gervinho, Frimpong, Jenkinson.

Who d'you reckon will keep our run going?

notwist
28-08-2011, 08:56 PM
And another thing.....we've almost clinched a £3m deal for some striker called Park. When we win 9-8 who's going to be laughing then?

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Why are people so suprised we took a tonking it was on the cards tbh.

RomfordPele
28-08-2011, 09:11 PM
It wasn't just the fact that we got thrashed, it was the way we got thrashed. I keep thinking of the little vignettes.

- Arshavin - by far, our most experienced player - doing his utmost to get himself sent off with two x-rated tackles.
- Walcott and Jenkinson at each other's throats in the first half.
- RVP fluffing the penalty and doing nothing to rouse a young team after they went a goal behind.
- A defensive wall where nobody bothered to jump to block Rooney's second (or was it third???)
- Djourou failing to make any effort to reach Young's shot at 6-2 .
- Lansbury smirking when he came on at 7-2.
- And, of course, Wenger and Rice - dumb and dumber - planted to their seat for the full 90 minutes offering no instruction, no motivation, no reaction.

None of this had anything to do with quality. It had everything to do with motivation, attitude, spirit and guile.

Big Sol is absolutely right: until we find some real winners, we're fucked.

Ollie the Optimist
28-08-2011, 09:21 PM
It wasn't just the fact that we got thrashed, it was the way we got thrashed. I keep thinking of the little vignettes.

- Arshavin - by far, our most experienced player - doing his utmost to get himself sent off with two x-rated tackles.
- Walcott and Jenkinson at each other's throats in the first half.
- RVP fluffing the penalty and doing nothing to rouse a young team after they went a goal behind.
- A defensive wall where nobody bothered to jump to block Rooney's second (or was it third???)
- Djourou failing to make any effort to reach Young's shot at 6-2 .
- Lansbury smirking when he came on at 7-2.
- And, of course, Wenger and Rice - dumb and dumber - planted to their seat for the full 90 minutes offering no instruction, no motivation, no reaction.

None of this had anything to do with quality. It had everything to do with motivation, attitude, spirit and guile.

Big Sol is absolutely right: until we find some real winners, we're fucked.

hmm pretty much spot on, though the lansbury thing, minor, he still ran and played, nothing point imo and rvp missed the penatly, it happens, no player always scores them.

-Xs-
29-08-2011, 01:33 AM
8-2....lol *shakes head*