PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal to refund cost of travelling support.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 01:21 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-thanks

Arsenal thanks 'fantastic' fans for support

Arsenal Football Club has announced it will be writing to fans who travelled to Old Trafford on Sunday with an offer to cover the cost of a match ticket at a future Barclays Premier League away game.

A Club statement issued today said: "Sunday's result was obviously disappointing for everyone connected with the Club. Our travelling fans were magnificent throughout and we want to recognise their fantastic support. We will be writing to them shortly with the details."

Damn straight.

Marc Overmars
29-08-2011, 01:25 PM
The right decision from the club.

For a change.

Young Guns 11
29-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Good stuff

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Hope it comes directly out of Wengers wage

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Hope it comes directly out of Wengers wage

Well it has come out of the price increase, hasn't it? Not that I'm discounting the gesture but the reality here is they are handing back part of what is already way too high a price for the product on offer.

Ironing
29-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Someone do the maths plz

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 01:38 PM
It's about a weeks wage for our highest earner, to cover refunds.

Power n Glory
29-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Smells like Gazidis.

Alias
29-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Wait, we are GIVING AWAY money?!!!! *faints*

Daniele
29-08-2011, 02:20 PM
sheer cruelty LOL

Japan Shaking All Over
29-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Well I bet this offer wont stretch to the Citeh game cos they will probably have to refund that one too!

Fats
29-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Money should come from Wenger and the senior players that did fuckall to avoid this result and the impending situation of trying to get any kind of european football this season.

Grebbo
29-08-2011, 03:55 PM
They are not refunding anyone.

They are giving you a free ticket to another away game.

What a piss take!!

They actually think people will want to watch that shower of shite get raped at another ground.

You'd have to pay me to go to an Arsenal game right now.

:haha:

danisinkz
29-08-2011, 05:35 PM
They are not refunding anyone.

They are giving you a free ticket to another away game.

What a piss take!!

They actually think people will want to watch that shower of shite get raped at another ground.

You'd have to pay me to go to an Arsenal game right now.

:haha:

I agree, why didnt they refund all the money the fans spent for travel as well as the ticket? The way they have done it means that there's a good possibility they'd have to sit through another shower of shite & pay all the travel costs.

RomfordPele
29-08-2011, 05:37 PM
There goes our transfer budget then. :crying:

Letters
29-08-2011, 07:49 PM
I agree, why didnt they refund all the money the fans spent for travel as well as the ticket? The way they have done it means that there's a good possibility they'd have to sit through another shower of shite & pay all the travel costs.

They didn't have to do anything. Least they've done something to recognise the away support yesterday and apologise for the performance.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 08:02 PM
They didn't have to do anything. Least they've done something to recognise the away support yesterday and apologise for the performance.

Least they could have done was resign and kill themselves.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2011, 08:05 PM

Definitely no money back then.

notwist
29-08-2011, 09:26 PM
I think they should be reported to the RSPCC & ECHR tbh. Haven't we suffered enough? Do you think they'll be transferable, maybe for a trip to the circus?

danisinkz
30-08-2011, 09:01 AM

Dont get me wrong, it's fine that they've done that but it's also a PR exercise so they come out smelling like roses in the press for their own inadequacies.

They've got enough money to refund the travel & tickets for the Man Utd game and offer a free ticket for another away game if they really wanted to. I just find it interesting how they've done it, luring the poor supporter along to another match especially if the supporter didnt want to watch them again this season!

Xhaka Can’t
30-08-2011, 09:07 AM

With fire, fuelled by £50 notes.