If a similar thread is set up elsewhere please delete:

Scheznneyyyy

Sagna Veermalen Mertsacks Brazilian

Arteta Song Wilshire

Feo RVP Gervhino

Yes?

GunnerFan4Life
31-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Pretty much. Will be waiting for the squad analysis thread to update before thinking about it too much. me sleepy now...

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2011, 10:52 PM
What's on the bench though? That's what we'll be relying on when the injuries and suspensions hit.

KESSLER
31-08-2011, 10:53 PM
What's on the bench though? That's what we'll be relying on when the injuries and suspensions hit.

Chamakh

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Chamakh

I kill you! :p

The Wengerbabies
31-08-2011, 11:13 PM

This its an adequate starting XI for a club in our position (upper mid-table) but the squad is so weak once a CB gets injured we're fucked, once an attacking player gets injured we're fucked.

Basically we're fucked.

Arsenal :rose:

Maestro
31-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Bench to choose from: Manuel,Fabianski, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Gay Lion, Squid, Miguel, Frimpong, Ramsey, Diaby, Rosicky, Arshavin, Yossi, Oxtail, Ryo, Young, Chamakh

Pretty shit tbf, cannot see one impact/game changing player there and Oxtail/Ryo/Frimpong/Ramsey/Miguel need time to grow.

Rosicky and Arshavin are at the very end of their productive careers, or maybe even past it.

Mnuel, Squid, Gay Lion, Kos & Chamakh must be investigated for masquerading as pro football players, conspiring to deliberately throwing games. Their transfers to the club must also be investigated.

Syn
31-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Need to see this S.Korean captain play first. I doubt he's here to sit on the bench. He's probably shit though

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Bench to choose from: Fabianski, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Gay Lion, Squid, Miguel, Frimpong, Ramsey, Diaby, Rosicky, Arshavin, Yossi, Oxtail, Ryo, Young, Chamakh

Pretty shit tbf, cannot see one impact/game changing player there and Oxtail/Ryo need time to grow.

Hell of a lot better than it was though. That line up on Sunday was pure desperation, surely the lowest point we'll ever sink to. Must be up from here???

Please...

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Need to see this S.Korean captain play first. I doubt he's here to sit on the bench. He's probably shit though

He's here to cook for Arshavin.

AKBapologist
31-08-2011, 11:44 PM
http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=408&p=40175&viewfull=1#post40175

hymppi
01-09-2011, 02:42 PM
yeah, i want to see him play. in a weird way i have high hopes for him! :pray:

hymppi
01-09-2011, 02:55 PM
szcesny

sagna mertesacker vermaelen santos

arteta frimpong jack

gervinho rvp park

it's not that bad, is it?
i hope frimpong is this year's wilshire...

Niall_Quinn
01-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Almunia

Sagna - Vermaelen - Mertesacker - Santos

Walcott - Arteta - Wilshere - Gervinho

Arshavin

RvP

LDG
01-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Ches

Sagna Mertesacker Vermaelen Santos

Arteta Song Wilshire

Gervinho RVP Arshavin

Nb. arshavin is good enough to be in the first eleven. It's whether the fat little cunt can be bothered.

LDG
01-09-2011, 03:02 PM
AlmuniaSagna - Vermaelen - Mertesacker - Santos

Walcott - Arteta - Wilshere - Gervinho

Arshavin

RvP

Your face is Almunia :angry:

Niall_Quinn
01-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Your face is Almunia :angry:

Fuck off - that's just the way I spell Chesney's name. No other fucker spells it properly so why are you starting on me?

hymppi
01-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Fuck off - that's just the way I spell Chesney's name. No other fucker spells it properly so why are you starting on me?
:lol:

LDG
01-09-2011, 03:18 PM
:lol:

It's hjdk.fjdba

:good:

Dog Toffee
01-09-2011, 03:36 PM
After all the recent signings I think we have a proper strength in depth for the first time in years.

Schezz

Sagna Vermaelen Mertz Santos

Wilshere Song Arteta

Theo R.V.P Gervinho

Good team considering how bad it could have been after losing Nasri and Fabregas. And our strength in depth comes in the form of- Ramsey, Benayoun, Arshavin, Fimpong, Jenkinson, Chamakh (who is better than most give credit for), Daiby (same), Rosicky (one bad game against united, other than that good start to season and experienced), Koscielny (a definite prospect, gets way too much stick we cant expect a Vermaelen each time, but still needs to improve) Djourou (mmm), Fabianski, Gibbs, Chamberlin, Park...

Id say thats a pretty healthy squad.

Cripps_orig
01-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Sirchesney

Sagna Mertemaelen Santos

Benayoun Wilshere Song Arteta

Theo RVP

Japan Shaking All Over
01-09-2011, 04:03 PM
would like that back 4 and 2 up top

what to do about the midfield?
Areta in the centre with Sir Jack........Gerbil and either Yossi or Arshavin......however will play Song for defensive cover so can see the same formation, lone striker

woild like to Miya given a chance.....played plenty in Holland and cn hack I think

scshajinny

Sagna Verm/Mert Santos

Gerb Jack Areta Miya

Theo RvP

Cripps_orig
01-09-2011, 05:37 PM
I actually forgot about Gervinho :lol:

Put him in my team ahead of Benayoun and swap positions with Arteta

GunnerFan4Life
01-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Chez

Sagamaelesackertos

Song Wilshere

Gerv Arteta Theo

Rvp

Master Splinter
01-09-2011, 05:56 PM
With Frimpong, Coquelin and Song in the squad, we might see two 'holding' players in the middle more often this season (as against Udinese).

server too busy!
01-09-2011, 06:06 PM
I didn't see Coq in the first team squad on the website, is he back with the reserves?

alexander
01-09-2011, 06:18 PM
With Frimpong, Coquelin and Song in the squad, we might see two 'holding' players in the middle more often this season (as against Udinese).

Im not keen on Song, seems errors follow him around. Roams up the pitch way too much, usually booked for something stupid within the first 15mins, from what i have seen, Frimmers is/will be better.

Unai Tea
01-09-2011, 06:28 PM
--------------------------------Szczesny
--------------------------------(Fabianski)

--Sagna-----------Mertesacker------------Vermaelen-------------Santos
(Jenkinson)-----(Djourou/Squillaci)---------(Koscielny)-------------(Gibbs)

-----------Arteta-----------------------------------Song
-------(Ramsey/Diaby)----------------------(Frimpong/Eastmond)

----------------------------Wilshere
----------------------(Benayoun/Rosicky)

---Walcott-----------------------------------------------------Gervinho
(Oxlade-Chamberlain)--------------------------------------(Arshavin/Myachi)

-----------------------------Van Persie
-------------------------(Young/Chamakh)

Olivier's xmas twist
01-09-2011, 06:56 PM
I didn't see Coq in the first team squad on the website, is he back with the reserves?

Yes he's been moved back to the reserves on that page so has ankifobe.

Im not keen on Song, seems errors follow him around. Roams up the pitch way too much, usually booked for something stupid within the first 15mins, from what i have seen, Frimmers is/will be better.

This would rather start frimpong or diaby or Ramsey ahead of song tbh. Song would be usefull in a 442 though.

Now we have Mikel, in the middle he should boss the likes of song to do what he needs to. which is the parker roll. Problem with song is that he gets caught out to easily then like you say does silly fouls and gets booked.

GunnerFan4Life
01-09-2011, 08:32 PM

Change Squillaci to Miquel as he has gone above him now i reckon then we have decent back ups.

GunnerFan4Life
01-09-2011, 08:36 PM
And maybe Coquelin for Eastmond if he's around.

IBK
02-09-2011, 08:08 AM

Nice work, my man.

selassie
02-09-2011, 09:02 AM

Yep I'd go with this. I do however think Young may get quite a lot of game time on the flanks.

Power n Glory
03-09-2011, 09:28 AM
I wonder if Wenger will experiment with the formation this year? Was just watching La Liga and Pep is something else. He's not afraid to switch it up. Played a 3-4-3 for his opening game. Even if we don't change formations, we need to switch it up a bit so we're not predictable. Pep had a load of key players out injured and he switch for formation to make do of what he had for that one and it worked.

I hope we play in a different way this season. The quality of players is a problem at times, but so is the system. The movement of the front 3 will have to be more fluid and the middle 3 will have to be more compact and move up and down the field as one unit. No gaping gaps between them for teams to just storm through. But it's exciting times. With new players in, we get to see how the team sets up and what they can offer. First time I've been excited in a while.

IBK
03-09-2011, 09:29 AM
I wonder if Wenger will experiment with the formation this year? Was just watching La Liga and Pep is something else. He's not afraid to switch it up. Played a 3-4-3 for his opening game. Even if we don't change formations, we need to switch it up a bit so we're not predictable. Pep had a load of key players out injured and he switch for formation to make do of what he had for that one and it worked.

I hope we play in a different way this season. The quality of players is a problem at times, but so is the system. The movement of the front 3 will have to be more fluid and the middle 3 will have to be more compact and move up and down the field as one unit. No gaping gaps between them for teams to just storm through. But it's exciting times. With new players in, we get to see how the team sets up and what they can offer. First time I've been excited in a while.

I'm excited too - but I don't think our manager trusts himself enough tactically to mix it up.