PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal Player Of The Month

Cripps_orig
02-09-2011, 06:15 PM
August was an unforgettable month for many reasons - on and off the pitch.
Arsène Wenger's side started their Premier League campaign with a creditable draw at Newcastle but slipped up against Liverpool before losing heavily at Manchester United.
But they had no such problems in Europe, beating Udinese over two legs to take their place in the Champions League Group Stage for the 14th consecutive year.
Theo Walcott (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/theo-walcott) was Arsenal's top scorer in August with three, including goals in both legs of the Champions League play-off. Robin van Persie (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/robin-van-persie) netted twice, including a vital strike at Udinese.
There are plenty of contenders for our August Player of the Month award. Wojciech Szczesny (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/reserves-youth/players/wojciech-szczesny) was outstanding in goal - saving a penalty at Udinese - while Bacary Sagna (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/bacary-sagna) and Thomas Vermaelen (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/thomas-vermaelen) were the bedrocks of the back four. Walcott was a threat further forward and Emmanuel Frimpong (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/reserves-youth/players/emmanuel-frimpong) was one of many youngsters to take their first-team chance.
But who do YOU think was Arsenal's outstanding performer in August? If you're a registered user of Arsenal.com, this is your chance to cast your vote for the EA SPORTS Player of the Month award. The deadline for voting is 9am (UK time) on Wednesday, September 7.
Remember - you should only consider games played in AUGUST when you cast your vote.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/39344/ea-sports-player-of-the-month-vote-now

Has to be Theo

Also unforgettable month? :lol:

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Not sure any of them should be picking up awards, but Arsenal.com should definitely get some recognition for it's fine impersonation of Russian State TV circa. 1976. "Heavy defeat", could that not have been phrased as, "significant but temporary halt in progress"?

GunnerFan4Life
02-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Theo, Chez or Verm.

The Verminator
02-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Vermaelen IMO. Barely put a foot wrong.

Thierrymon
02-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Gotta be Chez or Vermy for me.

-Xs-
02-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Haha unforgettable...

That's got to be one of the worst Augusts we've had! 1 draw, 1 defeat, one complete battering, scrapping through Europe, losing two of our best players...unforgettable??? Good fucking riddance to August!

Japan Shaking All Over
03-09-2011, 03:12 AM
I say Ches. . .this may be most goals we have let in in August but I have been impressed by his command and presence. . .a gaolie that comes out to claim and actually claim the ball is refreshing better than those Benny Hill moments Manu and Fabs provided us with. . .now with a hopefully better defense he will become even better, definitely saved us having to tippy toes into transfer markwt

Gerbs neefs props for his slap on Barton. . .but if youre going to get a max penalty it would have been better to deck the cunt

Cripps_orig
07-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Szczesny is EA SPORTS Player of the Month Wojciech Szczesny is the EA SPORTS Player of the Month for August.

The Polish goalkeeper established himself as Arsenal's No 1 during the second half of last season and shows no sign of relinquishing that role after a splendid start to the new campaign.

Wojciech kept a clean sheet at Newcastle with an authoritative display between the posts and produced a fine save from Liverpool's Andy Carroll before he was finally beaten by a freak own goal in our second Premier League game of 2011/12.

The 21-year-old kept Udinese at bay in the first leg of the Champions League play-off and then excelled himself in Italy with a superb penalty save from Antonio di Natale at a crucial stage of the tie. He did concede eight times at Manchester United but still pulled off a string of fine saves to restrict the damage.

Wojciech has been just as impressive on the international stage, earning praise from Germany legend Oliver Kahn for his performance in a 2-2 draw in Gdansk.

Arsenal fans clearly agree with Kahn - they voted in their thousands to crown him the EA SPORTS Player of the Month with 40 per cent of the votes cast.

Theo Walcott's three goals in a flying start to the season earned him second place in the official Club poll while centre back Thomas Vermaelen was third.

AUGUST PLAYER OF THE MONTH RESULT Player % of votes
Wojciech Szczesny
Theo Walcott
Thomas Vermaelen 10.9
Others 25.2

A well deserved :doh: is in order here

Niall_Quinn
07-09-2011, 01:50 PM
He's only let in 11 in 3 games, not bad.

Joker
07-09-2011, 01:51 PM
A well deserved :doh: is in order here

Not really, Chesney was the only consistent performer in that month. I know you think he's shit, but even you must admit he made some top quality saves last month, most notably against Liverpool and Udinese away.

Cripps_orig
07-09-2011, 01:56 PM
I dont think hes shit but i also dont think hes as good as everyone seems to think he is and ive seen nothing this season to change that view.

Theo should have walked it this month. A keeper who lets in 10 goals in 2 league games winning our award is a bit of a joke and whilst the penalty save v Udinese was brilliant, that is the only reason he has won this award

Niall_Quinn
07-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Not really, Chesney was the only consistent performer in that month. I know you think he's shit, but even you must admit he made some top quality saves last month, most notably against Liverpool and Udinese away.

GKs shouldn't be winning awards for letting in a ton of goals though. He didn't have much of a chance with many of those goals but they still went past him and on to his record. Let's give awards for keepers who keep clean sheets please, it just makes more sense.

Niall_Quinn
07-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Plus we're doing it again. We're so relieved we have a real goalkeeper instead of the dross we've been used to we're overplaying his performances. He's a decent keeper who could go on to be a great keeper. Compared to Almunia he's a world beater, but then again so is any keeper. Same goes for Kos. Because he's not Squillaci people are overlooking the fact he's average at best.

TV should probably win this award if there has to be one for such a dismal start. He made a huge difference for the short time he managed to get on the pitch. It wasn't just his own performance either, he helped the other defenders with their game too.

Letters
07-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Haha unforgettable...

That's got to be one of the worst Augusts we've had! 1 draw, 1 defeat, one complete battering, scrapping through Europe, losing two of our best players...unforgettable??? Good fucking riddance to August!

Yeah, we scraped through 3-1, winning both legs :shrug:

It certainly was unforgettable. Not for the right reasons.

Letters
07-09-2011, 02:49 PM
GKs shouldn't be winning awards for letting in a ton of goals though. He didn't have much of a chance with many of those goals but they still went past him and on to his record. Let's give awards for keepers who keep clean sheets please, it just makes more sense.

No it doesn't. He didn't keep a clean sheet away at Udinese but his performance, especially that penalty save, was a big part of us getting through.
If you're constantly let down by your defence it's no reflection on the 'keeper if a load of goals go past you.

Xhaka Can’t
07-09-2011, 03:05 PM

:haha: I had to leave my desk after reading that.

Xhaka Can’t
07-09-2011, 03:13 PM
He did concede eight times at Manchester United but still pulled off a string of fine saves to restrict the damage.

:haha: That's GOLD Jerry!

Niall_Quinn
07-09-2011, 03:37 PM
No it doesn't. He didn't keep a clean sheet away at Udinese but his performance, especially that penalty save, was a big part of us getting through.
If you're constantly let down by your defence it's no reflection on the 'keeper if a load of goals go past you.

Almunia wouldn't have let half those goal in, just saying.

Letters
07-09-2011, 03:40 PM
If Almunia had been in goal they'd had to start writing the score in standard form.

Niall_Quinn
07-09-2011, 03:42 PM
If Almunia had been in goal they'd had to start writing the score in standard form.

Almunia > Chesney, Almunia never shipped 8 goals in one game.

Cripps_orig
07-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Man Utd played better and probably had more chances in the 1-0 CL semi first leg win in 2009.

Almunia kept them at bay.

Whilst i agree Saksjdhakjhny had little or no chance with the 8 goals, had that been Almunia, he'd be killed right now

Xhaka Can’t
07-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Can't we just kill him anyway?

Cripps_orig
07-09-2011, 08:24 PM
An excellent point. Well made.

Master Splinter
07-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Szczesny :bow:.

Great player.

Ju to win next month's tbh.

Coney
07-09-2011, 11:11 PM

WIth the non-defence he had in front of him, he did well limiting it to 11! If the CBs and FBs go missing, any keeper is stuffed.

Coney
07-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Can't we just kill him anyway?

.. and feed him to Mertesacker.

Ollie the Optimist
07-09-2011, 11:47 PM
the fact that none of us are that concerned over the keeper posistion anymore (well apart from ach, but hes being retarded on this one) speaks volumes for just how good chesney is. all throughout the last few summers and seasons we have been crying out for a new keeper and so have the media, yet last year this kid turns up and has not let go of the number 1 shirt bar a couple of games with injury.

the 8-2 game, i cant really blame him for any of those goals, man united were just too dam good, yet de gea let a simple crap shot from theo go through his legs. a few days later, he plays for his country and oliver kahn says that only world class player on the pitch was him, to go from conceding 8 goals to having one of the great keepers call you world class means he is good.

also he stands up at big moments, that penalty save against di natalie was a massive massive moment and if he didnt save that, the players wouldnt have signed on deadline day and we wouldnt have a season anymore

Cripps_orig
07-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Yes how retarded of me to want a world class keeper :rolleyes:De Gea also saved a penalty at a big moment tbh :coffee:

IBK
08-09-2011, 09:35 AM
WIth the non-defence he had in front of him, he did well limiting it to 11! If the CBs and FBs go missing, any keeper is stuffed.

Not getting at your post, mate - and I agree that Szczesny gets limited protection, but I'm using it to highlight that (on here as well as amongst Gooners in general) once a player gets a good rep (in Szcezny's case because he's gobby and passionate and an alternative to Almunia and to a lesser extent, Flappy) he is forgiven for his mistakes, whereas 'unfashionable' players are panned constantly.

Koscielny, for example. Szcezny has made some truly excellent saves - and Koscielny has made some truly excellent interceptions. Sczcesny has made some howlers (the CC final was IMHO as much down to him as it was to Kossy), and his distribution isn't great - and Koscielny has made some errors too.

You make the point about the GK's lack of protection - well by the same token, our much maligned defenders are given scant protection from midfield and have been forced to play a ridiculously high line for the sake of possession football with sod all penetration - basically its often been an accident waiting to happen when the team inevitably loses possession. Also, our failure to practice set pieces, and our lack of a defensive coach in a regime that is concerned almost exclusively going forward is going to make many CB's look crap. Yet Szcesny is a hero and Koscielny and his ilk are much maligned.

Sometimes I wish people would consider circumstances before slagging/writing off our players - or thinking that individual signings can automatically transform a team. This is Video game Football Manager stuff. In reality, football is a team game and while individual talent is important, of course, the blend of a team and nuances of tactics can be the difference between a player seeming very good, and very ordinary. We have seen this many times in our own team's recent past with the likes of Flamini; Hleb; Eduardo; Walcott - even Chamakh.

Just saying - is all.

Niall_Quinn
08-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Chesney is good, Kos is bad, Chamakh is shit.

IBK
08-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Chesney is good, Kos is bad, Chamakh is shit.

:rolleyes:

Coney
08-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Not getting at your post, mate - and I agree that Szczesny gets limited protection, but I'm using it to highlight that (on here as well as amongst Gooners in general) once a player gets a good rep (in Szcezny's case because he's gobby and passionate and an alternative to Almunia and to a lesser extent, Flappy) he is forgiven for his mistakes, whereas 'unfashionable' players are panned constantly.

Ah - I'll go along with that. I wonder if the posters who pan the same player over and over realise that their comments probably end up being ignored. Ditto those who think a player can do no wrong.

Personally, when I start reading some people's posts, as soon as I see player X's name appear, I just skip to the next post.

IBK
08-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Ah - I'll go along with that. I wonder if the posters who pan the same player over and over realise that their comments probably end up being ignored. Ditto those who think a player can do no wrong.

Personally, when I start reading some people's posts, as soon as I see player X's name appear, I just skip to the next post.

I guess your strategy is better than banging your head against a brick wall!

Japan Shaking All Over
08-09-2011, 01:38 PM

Coney. . . .
how dare you ignore the literary talents of the chosen few. . .
Let it be known by you that it is pure poetry of urbanish shades that thy quill oozes. . . .and thus I speakth for the thy GW brethren

now where was I. . . .ahhh yes tha fecking fing bout shitmak iz. . . . .

Coney
08-09-2011, 07:26 PM
:lol:

IBK
08-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Coney. . . .
how dare you ignore the literary talents of the chosen few. . .
Let it be known by you that it is pure poetry of urbanish shades that thy quill oozes. . . .and thus I speakth for the thy GW brethren

now where was I. . . .ahhh yes tha fecking fing bout shitmak iz. . . . .

Why I ougtta...compare thee to a summers day....

Cripps_orig
05-10-2011, 07:36 PM
EA SPORTS Player of the Month - VOTE NOW

The arrival of five players in the final few days of the transfer window gave the squad a fillip and they beat Swansea at Emirates Stadium thanks to Andrey Arshavin's opportunistic strike.

A creditable draw at Borussia Dortmund followed but, after a confident start at Blackburn, defensive errors cost Arsenal three points.

Arsène Wenger's players picked themselves up and ended the month with three straight wins. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain stole the show as Shrewsbury were beaten in the Carling Cup, Robin van Persie reached a century of goals in a big win over Bolton and Olympiacos also succumbed at the Emirates.

There are plenty of contenders for our September Player of the Month award. Our August winner Wojciech Szczesny was a commanding presence in goal, Bacary Sagna was consistently excellent at right back and Alex Song found his best form in midfield. Mikel Arteta made an eye-catching start to his Arsenal career and Van Persie joined the '100 Club'.

But who do YOU think was Arsenal's outstanding performer in September? If you're a registered user of Arsenal.com, this is your chance to cast your vote for the EA SPORTS Player of the Month award. The deadline for voting is 9am (UK time) on Wednesday, October 12.

One lucky voter will be chosen to present the award to the winning player before a first-team game at Emirates Stadium.

Remember - you should only consider games played in SEPTEMBER when you cast your vote.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/39344/ea-sports-player-of-the-month-vote-now

So who was the standout player for september?

They were all shit but who was less shit than the rest?

Xhaka Can’t
05-10-2011, 08:03 PM

So who was the standout player for september?

They were all shit but who was less shit than the rest?

Vermaelen

Flavs
06-10-2011, 08:03 AM
Sdfbecdu239xn again, i can see this becoming a running theme till we sell him to barca tbh

Japan Shaking All Over
06-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Yup gotta be Chez. . .probably the only player consistantly meeting the criteria of jis job description; making saves. . . .
its just a bit sad that these saves are being made because his teammates are not doing their job; defending the goal, passing the ball, creating and finishing chances!

Cripps_orig
12-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Szczesny is EA SPORTS Player of the Month

Wojciech Szczesny is the EA SPORTS Player of the Month for September.

The Polish goalkeeper has claimed his second consecutive award following another excellent month between the posts for Arsenal.

Wojciech established himself as Arsène Wenger's No 1 last season and has cemented his status with a string of commanding performances, showing a maturity beyond his 21 years.

Wojciech made an outstanding stop to help Arsenal claim three points against Swansea on September 10 and stood firm under intense pressure in Dortmund before keeping a clean sheet in the 3-0 win over Bolton.

But it is the way Wojciech dominates his area and his decision-making that has also caught the eye of the Arsenal fans - and they rewarded him with 38.3 per cent of this month's votes.

Robin van Persie claimed second place in our official poll after completing a century of goals for the Club while Alex Song's fine form in midfield and defence saw him finish third.

SEPTEMBER PLAYER OF THE MONTH RESULT Player % of votes
Wojciech Szczesny
Robin van Persie
Alex Song 16.3
Others 22.7

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/39945/szczesny-is-ea-sports-player-of-the-month

Cripps_orig
01-11-2011, 05:43 PM
October was a storming month for Arsenal and it ended in style with that 5-3 victory over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

It started in disappointing fashion with a North London derby defeat at White Hart Lane, but fortunes quickly began to change for Arsène Wenger's side.

Sunderland were dispatched at Emirates Stadium thanks to Robin van Persie's brace and the Gunners took home three vital points in Marseille thanks to Aaron Ramsey's last-gasp winner.

Van Persie was a key man against Stoke as he came off the bench to fire two goals to sink the Potters, adding to Gervinho's opener on the day.

Carling Cup victory against Bolton followed but the crowning glory of October arrived at Stamford Bridge four days later. Arsenal secured a stunning 5-3 victory with Van Persie's hat-trick augmented by goals from Andre Santos and Theo Walcott.

There are plenty of contenders for our October Player of the Month award. Van Persie's seven goals during the month stand him in good stead while the creativity of Ramsey in midfield caught the eye. The outstanding defensive displays of Laurent Koscielny also deserve a mention.

Who do YOU think was Arsenal's outstanding performer in October? If you're a registered user of Arsenal.com, this is your chance to cast your vote for the EA SPORTS Player of the Month award. The deadline for voting is 9am (UK time) on Thursday, November 3.

One lucky voter will be chosen to present the award to the winning player before a first-team game at Emirates Stadium.

Remember - you should only consider games played in OCTOBER when you cast your vote.

Wonder if Sdjfsdkjfhny will win this as well

Also plenty of contenders? :lol: If RVP doesnt get 100% of the votes then this award is as meaningful as the WPOTY one

Cripps_orig
03-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Robin van Persie is the EA SPORTS Player of the Month.

The Arsenal captain has been unplayable at times this season and enjoyed an incredible October, scoring seven goals in five matches.

Robin was on target after just 29 seconds against Sunderland - netting the Club's fastest ever Premier League strike - and secured all three points with a sumptuous late free kick.

He came off the bench to score another brace and earn another victory against Stoke but saved his best for the final weekend of the month when his hat-trick stunned Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Robin has now scored 28 goals in 27 Premier League games in this calendar year but it was his leadership as much as his form that earned him a landslide win in our official Club poll.

The fans voted in their thousands, handing the captain 88.1 per cent of the vote. Laurent Koscielny and Aaron Ramsey both enjoyed solid months but they finished well behind in second and third place.

OCTOBER PLAYER OF THE MONTH RESULT Player % of votes
Robin van Persie
Laurent Koscielny
Aaron Ramsey 1.4
Others 6.7

Kos in 2nd :lol:

Dog Toffee
03-11-2011, 02:44 PM
yeah but with 3% of the votes ffs. he deserves it too. but anyone who voted for anyone other than RVP is blind and retarded.

milla
04-11-2011, 12:03 AM
yeah but with 3% of the votes ffs. he deserves it too. but anyone who voted for anyone other than RVP is blind and retarded.

Joker :whistle:

Japan Shaking All Over
04-11-2011, 02:49 AM
Joker :whistle:

I say we should have a whip round to get a new white stick! ?

Player of the month RvP :good:

but Gervinho and Kos need special mention!

Cripps_orig
30-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Three wins, two draws and one defeat made November a solid if unspectacular month for Arsenal.
It all started with a mature defensive display against Marseille that secured a goalless draw in the Champions League and another clean sheet followed as West Brom were well beaten at Emirates Stadium.
Robin van Persie (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/robin-van-persie)'s brace saw Arsenal come from behind to beat Norwich and the captain grabbed another double - thanks partly to Alex Song (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/24021/alexandre-song)'s fantastic assist - to see off Borussia Dortmund in Europe.
The exertions of booking top spot in Group F were evident when Fulham held the Gunners to a draw a few days later and November ended with a defeat despite a good performance from the youngsters against Manchester City in the Carling Cup.
There are plenty of contenders for our November Player of the Month award.
Wojciech Szczesny (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/reserves-youth/players/wojciech-szczesny) was solid in goal, Andre Santos (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/andre-santos) went from strength to strength at left back while Laurent Koscielny (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/laurent-koscielny) and Thomas Vermaelen (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/thomas-vermaelen) had excellent months. Alex Song (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/24021/alexandre-song) shone in midfield while Gervinho (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/gervinho-signs-for-arsenal-pictures) and Theo Walcott (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/theo-walcott) offered fine support for the free-scoring Van Persie up front.
Who do YOU think was Arsenal's outstanding performer in November? If you're a registered user of Arsenal.com, this is your chance to cast your vote for the EA SPORTS Player of the Month award. The deadline for voting is 10am (UK time) on Tuesday, December 6.
Remember - you should only consider games played in NOVEMBER when you cast your vote.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/40335/ea-sports-player-of-the-month-vote-now

RVP again?

Xhaka Can’t
30-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Has to be him again.

Flavs
30-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Kos :bow:

Single handedly keeping clean sheets for us...

Cripps_orig
06-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Van Persie is EA SPORTS Player of the MonthRobin van Persie (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/robin-van-persie) is the EA SPORTS Player of the Month.
The Arsenal captain followed up his October triumph with our November award after another prolific month in front of goal.
Arsène Wenger's side netted eight times last month and Robin scored five of those - including braces against Norwich City and Borussia Dortmund.
The Dutchman received 63.3 per cent of the votes cast to win our official Club poll by a landslide.
In second place was Alex Song (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/24021/alexandre-song) after an outstanding month in midfield was capped by two vital assists - including that dazzling run to set up Van Persie's opener against Dortmund.
The ever-improving Laurent Koscielny (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/laurent-koscielny) finished third.

NOVEMBER PLAYER OF THE MONTH RESULT
Player
% of votes

Robin van Persie (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/robin-van-persie)

Alex Song (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/24021/alexandre-song)

Laurent Koscielny (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/first-team/players/laurent-koscielny)

Others

RVP was always going to win. The interest was in who took 2nd. Song takes it

Master Splinter
06-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Oxlade-Chamberlain for December tbh.

Cripps_orig
03-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Laurent Koscielny is the EA SPORTS Player of the Month.

Following the most closely-contested poll of the season so far, the Arsenal centre back claimed his first Club award after a superb month for Arsène Wenger's side.

Laurent's January began with his first goal of the season in the 2-1 defeat to Fulham, and he then performed admirably as the Gunners saw off Leeds in the FA Cup third round.

The French defender also starred against Manchester United and Aston Villa, helping to create Robin van Persie's equaliser in the former before winning the decisive penalty in the latter.

Laurent received 31.4 per cent of the votes in January, just edging Van Persie into the runners-up spot. The captain picked up 27.8 per cent of the votes.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain finished third, just 0.3 per cent behind Van Persie.

JANUARY PLAYER OF THE MONTH RESULT
Player % of votes
Laurent Koscielny 31.4
Robin van Persie
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 27.5
Others 13.3

RVP won the december one btw to make it 3 in a row

Kos breaks that run though for Jan

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Arsenal had a difficult February in the cup competitions but it was a different story in the Premier League.

Arsène Wenger's side remained unbeaten from their four fixtures, winning three in style against Blackburn Rovers, Sunderland and Tottenham Hotspur.

Arsenal produced a thrilling late fightback at the Stadium of Light courtesy of goals from substitutes Aaron Ramsey and Thierry Henry, before brushing aside Blackburn in a memorable 7-1 win.

Defeats against AC Milan in the Champions League and Sunderland in the FA Cup dented morale but a sensational 5-2 win over Tottenham ended February on a high note.

As ever there are plenty of contenders for our Player of the Month award. Tomas Rosicky was outstanding in midfield, Robin van Persie weighed in with four more goals, Laurent Koscielny was a rock in defence and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain opened his Premier League account.

But who do YOU think was Arsenal's outstanding performer in February? If you're a registered user of Arsenal.com, this is your chance to cast your vote for the EA SPORTS Player of the Month award. The deadline for voting is 10am (UK time) on Tuesday, March 6.

Remember - you should only consider games played in FEBRUARY when you cast your vote.

Likely winner?

GunnerFan4Life
29-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Kos or Rosicky

Cripps_orig
29-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Henry

Master Splinter
29-02-2012, 01:55 AM
Has to be RVP.

Cripps_orig
15-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Robin van Persie is the EA SPORTS Player of the Month.

Tomas Rosicky ran him close but the prolific Dutchman emerged victorious from our February poll with just over 40 per cent of the fans' votes.

Robin continued his fine run of goalscoring in February, firing a hat-trick in the 7-1 win over Blackburn Rovers at Emirates Stadium.

The striker also turned provider, overtaking Theo Walcott in the Premier League assist charts by the end of the month.

Van Persie was among the goals once more in the North London derby win over Tottenham, hitting a brilliant equaliser on the stroke of half time to help Arsenal pull off a thrilling comeback.

Rosicky came second with 31.7 per cent of the votes, while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was third with 9.7 per cent.

FEBRUARY PLAYER OF THE MONTH RESULT
Player % of result
Robin van Persie 40.1
Tomas Rosicky 31.7
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 9.7
Others 18.5

Hes won them all bar the one Kos won

One man team :bow:

Marc Overmars
15-03-2012, 01:11 PM
The player of the season will be funny, they normally announce 4th-1st week by week. Most pointless countdown ever. :lol:

Although I guess 4th-2nd is up for grabs.

Coney
15-03-2012, 01:16 PM
The player of the season will be funny, they normally announce 4th-1st week by week. Most pointless countdown ever. :lol:

Whoever gets 4th can have their picture taken with Wenger holding his 4th place trophy.

LDG
15-03-2012, 01:17 PM

So far:

4. Tomas Rosicky

3. Shggvwtudugyie.bl

2. Koscielny

1. RVP

I guess. Though, 4th may well differ depending...Sagna? Theo :cripps:?, Arteta? Song?

Marc Overmars
15-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Think Oxlade might take 3rd or 4th.

Syn
15-03-2012, 01:20 PM
So far:

4. Tomas Rosicky

3. Shggvwtudugyie.bl

2. Koscielny

1. RVP

I guess :unsure:

Agreed. Sagna's been a bit immense (even in attack) since his comeback and at this rate could get the bronze medal.

Alpha
15-03-2012, 01:22 PM
1) RVP
2) Koscielny
3) Rosicky
4) Sczesny
That is my vote .

Cripps_orig
15-03-2012, 01:54 PM
1 - RVP
2 - Theo
3 - Sir Chesney
4 - Song

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2012, 02:05 PM
1. RvP
2. Bart
3. Sicknote

Japan Shaking All Over
16-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Diaby for lasting a full 7 minutes before giving someone else a chane to play. . .pure Sunday pub league charity from PaddyV mark・ ?

Dog Toffee
17-03-2012, 01:36 PM
VP
Koz
Sicky
Sagna

Cripps_orig
03-04-2012, 05:07 PM
March 2012 will go down as a perfect month for Arsenal - well, almost.

It ended on a low note with that surprise defeat at Queens Park Rangers but, prior to the final day of month, Arsenal were magnificent in March.

They saw off five tough opponents, completed their best Premier League winning streak since 2007 and surged up the table to challenge Tottenham for third place. Not bad for a team that started September in 17th.

Robin van Persie got the ball rolling with a brace at Liverpool, including a stunning volley to win the game. Tomas Rosicky was among the goals as AC Milan were put under the cosh at Emirates Stadium. And Thomas Vermaelen's last-gasp strike defeated Newcastle at the same venue.

Having come from behind to win four consecutive league games, Arsenal led from the front in their next two: Vermaelen was the match winner once more at Everton and Mikel Arteta scored the pick of three goals against Aston Villa.

The less said about Loftus Road the better, but all in all March was a month to remember. And there are a number of contenders for our official Club prize..

Wojciech Szczesny was outstanding at Anfield, full backs Bacary Sagna and Kieran Gibbs showed Arsenal what they had been missing, Vermaelen was a huge influence, Alex Song and Arteta ran the midfield and Theo Walcott was back to his brilliant best.

But who do YOU think was Arsenal's outstanding performer in March? If you're a registered user of Arsenal.com, this is your chance to cast your vote for the EA SPORTS Player of the Month award. The deadline for voting is 10am (UK time) on Tuesday, April 10.

Remember - you should only consider games played in MARCH when you cast your vote.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/40335/ea-sports-player-of-the-month-vote-now

Theo surely?

GunnerFan4Life
03-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Think theo, rosicky, verm and song will be considered for this.

Master Splinter
03-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Sagna.

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 12:53 AM
Tomas Rosicky is the EA SPORTS Player of the Month.

Theo Walcott was a close second but it is the Czech international who runs away with our March award after picking up almost 34 per cent of the votes in the official club poll.

Tomas enjoyed an influential month at the heart of the Arsenal midfield, scoring our second goal in the 3-0 win over AC Milan at Emirates Stadium and starting every March fixture.

A memorable month was capped when Tomas put pen to paper on a new contract.

Walcott came second with 25.3 per cent of the votes after a consistent month on the flank and Thomas Vermaelen was third with 10.3 per cent.

MARCH PLAYER OF THE MONTH RESULT
Player % of votes
Tomas Rosicky
Theo Walcott
Thomas Vermaelen
Others 30.6

Rosicky :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
12-04-2012, 03:35 AM
Can't argue with that!

Verm's wobble against QPR should have let in Sagna

Cripps_orig
02-05-2012, 10:15 AM
April 2012 was a month which started so well for Arsenal before a slight stumble towards the end.

It began with a bang as Mikel Arteta's wonderful late winner sealed all three points for the Gunners against Manchester City at Emirates Stadium. On the balance of play it was a deserved victory for Arsène Wenger's side and one that further cemented their top-three credentials.

Arsenal then made it nine wins in 10 with a comfortable 3-0 win over struggling Wolves at Molineux. Robin van Persie set the wheels in motion with an audacious early penalty before Theo Walcott doubled the advantage with just 10 minutes on the clock. Yossi Benayoun added a third late on to put the seal on a professional display.

But, just as a third-placed finish seemed to be heading Arsenal's way, Wigan stunned the Emirates with a shock victory. Roberto Martinez's team stormed into a two-goal lead inside eight minutes and never looked back. Thomas Vermaelen's header in reply sparked a fightback but the resilient visitors held firm.

Next up for Arsenal was a crucial clash against Chelsea, a side with strong top-four hopes of their own. But the Blues set their defensive stall out early to force the Gunners into a goalless draw. Van Persie and Laurent Koscielny both hit the woodwork in the first half but in the end a point apiece was the result.

Arsenal finished the month with a hard-fought draw at Stoke. Peter Crouch headed the hosts ahead early on but Van Persie notched his 35th goal of the campaign just six minutes later to earn his side a deserved point. In truth, it could have been more after an impressive first-half display at the Britannia Stadium.

There are plenty of contenders for our April Player of the Month award. March winner Tomas Rosicky was influential in midfield once more, while captain Robin van Persie led the line with two more goals. Or what about those in an Arsenal backline which kept three clean sheets in five matches? Wojciech Szczesny, Bacary Sagna, Laurent Koscielny and Thomas Vermaelen were all ever-presents.

Who do YOU think was Arsenal's outstanding performer in April? If you're a registered user of Arsenal.com, this is your chance to cast your vote for the EA SPORTS Player of the Month award. The deadline for voting is 10am (UK time) on Thursday, May 3.

Remember - you should only consider games played in APRIL when you cast your vote.

Tough choice

Niall_Quinn
02-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Rosicky, given 100% effort in every game he played even when the rest were a bit shit. Plus he passes to team mates and that has really helped our game a lot.

Syn
03-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Rosicky wins it for the second month in a row.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/rosicky-is-ea-sports-player-of-the-month

C (http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/rosicky-is-ea-sports-player-of-the-month)ompetition hasn't been too hot. Wish he'd man the fuck up and not look for Van Persie at every opportunity though. What a waste of talent.

cricketsi
03-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Rosicky wins it for the second month in a row.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/rosicky-is-ea-sports-player-of-the-month

C (http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/rosicky-is-ea-sports-player-of-the-month)ompetition hasn't been too hot. Wish he'd man the fuck up and not look for Van Persie at every opportunity though. What a waste of talent.

The 31-year-old - only 29 in football terms, according to Tomas

What? Does he not count years spent lying on the treatment table? If so, :woohoo: RvP's only 25

Syn
03-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Yeah he said in a recent interview that because he missed 2 years, his body hasn't taken the physical toll of a playing career of a 31 year old. Whether he was just joking or whether that was his selling line to get a new contract from Wenger, I don't know. He doesn't seem to have slowed down in acceleration which is good.

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Yeah he said in a recent interview that because he missed 2 years, his body hasn't taken the physical toll of a playing career of a 31 year old. Whether he was just joking or whether that was his selling line to get a new contract from Wenger, I don't know. He doesn't seem to have slowed down in acceleration which is good.

Speeded up if anything. I still think WTF every time I see him running past the opponent in midfield. He's actually started to use that funny turn he does to good effect as well. Previously he'd do the funny turn thing and then pas it backwards. Now he turns and drives on. We could still get a good price from Barca for this guy if he continues to turn in the performances.

Japan Shaking All Over
03-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Rosicky was good
Artets too. . .and I am going to make an attempt to make you all hate me by saying that I think Gibbs (not MOM worthy but. . .) has been goid this month too

Cripps_orig
14-05-2012, 02:04 PM
t is time to pick your EA SPORTS Player of the Season. As ever, there are plenty of candidates for the official Club prize.

Jack Wilshere won last year's award while Robin van Persie and Wojciech Szczesny also finished in the top four. But who will challenge this time around?

Will Van Persie get your vote after a sensational season in front of goal? Is vice-captain Thomas Vermaelen your top man? How about his centre back partner, Laurent Koscielny? Or midfield maestro Mikel Arteta?

Bacary Sagna, Szczesny, Alex Song, Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and others will all have their admirers but, as usual, it is YOUR decision.

Cast your vote for the EA SPORTS Player of the Season at the bottom of this page.

One lucky voter will win the chance to present the winner with his award before an Arsenal home game PLUS two tickets to that match PLUS a Playstation 3 with a game.

We will reveal the top four in reverse order later this month.

4 - Rosicky
3 - Song
2 - Walcott
1 - RVP

LDG
14-05-2012, 02:42 PM
4 - Rosicky
3 - Arteta
2 - Koscielny
1 - RVP

Letters
14-05-2012, 03:39 PM
1 - Fulop

Cripps_orig
28-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Player of the Season - In fifth place is...

Mikel Arteta leads off our top five. The Spanish midfielder finished in fifth place with 4.1 per cent of the votes cast after a superb first season at Emirates Stadium.

Arsenal.com reporter Rob Kelly gives his verdict on the 30-year-old.

“He is a player you don't like to lose because he is an organiser, a winner and has great qualities. He has a 90-minute focus on the pitch and what typifies him well is the goal he scored against Manchester City. He first won the ball back through complete focus on what the opponent will do and where he could lose the ball. He then finished the action and scored the goal. That is what I call a real midfielder, a guy who is always in the game.”

Of all the many astute signings Arsène Wenger has made in his 16 years at Arsenal, the capture of Mikel Arteta on transfer deadline day must rank as one of his best. Cool, calm and composed, the Spaniard so quickly became a mainstay of the team that it seemed scarcely credible that he had not been a Gunner for years.

Of all the statistics about Arteta this season - his 91 per cent pass rate, his 83.14 per cent tackle rate - perhaps the most telling was about his effect on the team. When Arsenal travelled to West Bromwich Albion for their final game of the season, they had not won a league match that Arteta had not played in. That illustrates just how essential the Spaniard had become in his first nine months at the Club.

The 30-year-old faced a major challenge upon joining Arsenal. Following the departure of the Gunners’ talismanic captain, Arteta was mistakenly labelled ‘Fabregas-lite’ by some observers. But that misunderstood the role the Spaniard would play: he had not been signed as a playmaker, more as a conduit between defence and attack. It was a role he had assumed in his early days at Barcelona, and he revisited it to brilliant effect in his first season under Wenger.

Mikel was always keen to emphasise that he was happy to play a more understated role if it was to the benefit of the side as a whole. “I just try to balance the team a little bit. I don't want to be the main man; we all know who the main man is and that’s Robin. The most important thing is the team, and once the team is doing well the highlights will come for the rest of the players because we are playing well. Everyone is part of a machine and we are all just trying to make the machine work as well as we can.”

That quote typifies Arteta’s selfless attitude, but he has also remained highly influential going forward, weighing in with six goals and three assists during an excellent debut season at Emirates Stadium. Of course, the most memorable of those goals was his late winner against Manchester City, but he also scored a sensational free kick against Aston Villa, a curling effort against West Brom, a long-range hit against Wigan and two strikes against Blackburn. Quite the highlights reel.

Mikel may not have been as eye-catching as some of his team-mates during his first season at Arsenal, but his technical excellence, experience and maturity made him one of the most important. And with a season under his belt in the red-and-white shirt, his influence will only grow over the coming years.

Cripps_orig
29-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Player of the Season - in fourth place is...

Laurent Koscielny is next on our list. The French defender finished fourth with 4.29 per cent of the votes after a brilliant campaign at the heart of the Gunners’ backline

Arsenal.com reporter Rob Kelly gives his verdict on the 26-year-old.

There were times during Laurent Koscielny’s first season at Arsenal when he was dismissed by some observers as simply not being cut out for English football. Forget the improving performances, his calming influence at the back, his sensational display against Barcelona - he just wasn’t good enough apparently.

Those critics are nowhere to be found these days. The 26-year-old enjoyed a sensational second campaign for Arsène Wenger’s side, fully justifying his manager's faith when he signed him from Lorient following a meteoric rise in French football.

“We found him in France of course, from a smaller team. But you could see that there was something special there,” Wenger said. “I believe that last year you could already see the potential, but he did not have that dominance in the duels that he has found this season. That makes him, I personally believe, one of the top-class central defenders in the Premier League.”

Not many would disagree with that assessment, least of all his team-mates, who have come to expect the level of excellence the classy defender delivers week in, week out.

“He has done amazingly this season and I don't understand why a lot of criticism was there in the first season,” Thomas Vermaelen said. “He is [good] all round. He is quick, strong and good with the ball. There are just a lot of things about defending that he is really good at and that is why I like him.”

Injuries to his fellow centre backs saw Laurent's defensive partnerships chop and change. Despite this, he was the epitome of consistency. His reassuring presence, composure on the ball and ability to spot danger helped his side through some of the more difficult times.

Not only that, Laurent had the confidence to go forward when the situation allowed and Arsenal fans will long remember his rampaging break from the back to win a penalty in the 3-2 FA Cup comeback victory against Aston Villa in January. He has also developed the knack of scoring goals when his side needs them most, claiming the openers against both Fulham and Milan.

But Laurent's most telling attacking contribution came in the final game - and the final half - of the campaign. With Arsenal locked at 2-2 against West Bromwich Albion in a game they had to win to secure Champions League football, Laurent was in the right place at the right time to convert the winner. It seemed fitting that Arsenal’s most improved player of the season scored their most important goal.

It is not only Arsenal fans who have noticed the huge strides Laurent has made. France coach Laurent Blanc - no mean defender himself - handed the 26-year-old his first cap in November in Les Bleus' 1-0 victory against the USA, and he has been selected for the national team’s squad for Euro 2012.

Not bad for a man initially deemed not good enough for English football.

He has improved no doubt after a shocker of a first 18 months but the article above is a bit over the top

Master Splinter
29-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Fourth? :lol:

Arsenal.com voters :doh:.

Cripps_orig
29-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Agreed

Too high.

Top 6 maybe but 4th is a bit high

Munchies
29-05-2012, 01:52 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2u6ogDG6o1qfj1xoo1_250.gif

Boss-cielny.

Koscielny has been quite good this season, although he is still prone to lapses in concentration, ie Anfield. But one of our best defenders.

Master Splinter
29-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Koscielny has been brilliant this season, he rarely makes mistakes. Our best defender.

:gp:

Niall_Quinn
29-05-2012, 02:57 PM
:pal: Those who said Kos wasn't good enough. Assholes!

Marc Overmars
29-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Yeah 1 good season. Wow.

Who'll bite...

Cripps_orig
30-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Player of the Season - in third place...

Tomas Rosicky is next on our list. The Czech midfielder is in third place with 4.79 per cent of the votes cast after coming on strong in the New Year.

Arsenal.com reporter Rob Kelly gives his verdict on the 31-year-old.

The 'resurrection of Rosicky' is one of the lasting memories of the 2011/12 season.

Previously known as ‘Little Mozart’ while at Borussia Dortmund, before this year the 31-year-old had not managed to replicate the form that had first earmarked him as one of Europe’s premier midfielders. A long-term injury that kept the Czech midfielder out of action for more than 18 months had seemingly taken too great a toll and he was perhaps not expected to be such a prominent member of the squad.

There were signs of Tomas' enduring class in Arsenal’s Champions League qualifying play-off second leg in Udinese but, despite that dynamic display, he struggled to force his way into the first team on a regular basis until the turn of the New Year.

An impressive performance in the 2-1 defeat to Manchester United saw the tide turn in the most spectacular of fashions.

Suddenly Tomas was handed his chance and he grabbed it with both hands, becoming the energetic, driving force of old as the Gunners embarked on a major upturn in form. If there were any lingering doubts, they were blown away with a stunning performance in the 5-2 North London derby victory over Tottenham in which Tomas bagged the crucial goal to put his side ahead.

Rosicky was reborn. “He rarely scores, but [his goal against Spurs] was so important,” Robin van Persie said. “He started the move himself and then finished it really well. Tomas is a hugely important member of this team - he has been playing so well this season and you can see that he’s going from strength to strength.”

The compliments from the rest of the Arsenal squad soon came flooding in, as Rosicky’s influence grew exponentially. “Tomas has been absolutely outstanding. I have a lot of Arsenal-supporting friends and everyone I have spoken to can't talk highly enough about how well he has been playing,” Carl Jenkinson said. “His change of pace and the way he turns with the ball shows he is a special talent. He has been outstanding, and long may it continue.”

The longer the season progressed, the more important Tomas became, and it came as no surprise when he was awarded a new contract. While he may be one of Arsenal’s elder statesmen, it was his high-energy performances that drove the team on during their seven-game winning run. “For me, it is fun to be with the young guys because they make me feel young as well!” he admitted.

There is every reason to believe this renewed, restored Rosicky will continue in the same vein next season. He has a theory that because he missed so long through injury, his ‘football age’ is just 29 and he has many more years left at the top level - a viewed shared by his manager.

That can only be good news for Arsenal fans who have been more than happy to welcome back the renaissance man.

Rosicky :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Yeah 1 good season. Wow.

Who'll bite...

Nobody. It doesn't work on here if people use different skins.

:rose:

fakeyank
30-05-2012, 06:36 PM
He had a decent 2-3 months. How does he get ahead of Kos!?!

Cripps_orig
30-05-2012, 07:31 PM
He had a decent 2-3 months. How does he get ahead of Kos!?!Kos had a decent 1-2 months?

Cripps_orig
01-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Player of the Season - in second place...

Alex Song finished in second place with 4.98 per cent of the votes cast after an impressive campaign for the Gunners.

Arsenal.com reporter Rob Kelly gives his verdict on the 24-year-old.

Was this the season that Alex Song developed into one of Europe’s elite midfielders? An eye-catching campaign littered with brilliant assists suggests that the Cameroon international can now rightfully take his place among the continent’s finest.

When Alex joined the Club in 2006 as a raw, if talented, teenager, he initially found it tough to demonstrate his first-team credentials. Indeed, his 14th appearance for Arsenal saw him taken off at half time against Fulham following a disheartening display that could easily have sapped his confidence.

But Arsène Wenger knew he had a rough diamond on his hands, and has been rewarded for his faith with the midfielder’s most accomplished campaign to date.

“I thought about that Fulham game recently," Wenger said in November. "It shows that players need to be given time and confidence. Unfortunately at the big clubs you cannot always do it. He is one of the players who surprised everybody. You wouldn’t expect what he delivers at the moment.”

Indeed. Over the years, Alex has been an essential anchor at the base of Arsenal’s midfield, providing defensive cover for a free-flowing side committed to attack. But this was the season in which he developed further, providing a threat going forward and demonstrating an impressive array of passing. “He has improved his technique of transmission,” Wenger said. “When he arrived here, the passing of his longer balls was not the best. But he has improved on that and now he can combine vision with technique.”

Robin van Persie was the chief beneficiary of Alex’s improved range of passing, the captain scoring a number of high-quality goals that stemmed from the boot of his team-mate. Few will forget Song’s sensational run and cross to set up Van Persie’s headed strike against Borussia Dortmund. Similarly, in the 125th anniversary match against Everton, it was the Cameroonian’s lofted ball that created room for the skipper to fire in a magnificent volley.

But it did not stop there. Alex was the architect of Thierry Henry’s fairytale return to the Club, threading through a superb pass for the French striker to score in his comeback game against Leeds. And when Arsenal visited Anfield in March, guess who dinked a brilliant pass over the Liverpool backline for Van Persie to volley home a last-minute winner?

“Sometimes you don't notice the stuff he does, the defensive side of the game, but he is always there cleaning up,” Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain said. “He has been bringing assists to the team as well. Some of the passes he has been putting in remind me technically of watching Fabregas put those balls through. For a holding midfielder to do that, as well as the defensive side of the game, is brilliant. You can't ask for anything more.”

With 14 assists to his name, 2011/12 is likely to be seen as Song’s break-out season, ensuring he can no longer be pigeon-holed as merely the team’s anchorman. For so long a quiet defensive shield, quelling attacks and doing the team’s dirty work with the minimum of fuss, suddenly his impact is louder than some of his haircuts.

Considering his prodigious rate of development, it seems likely he is only going to get louder.

Song :bow:

Cripps_orig
01-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Van Persie wins Player of the Season poll

It's time to announce the Arsenal.com Player of the Season - as voted for by the fans. And the winner is… Robin van Persie.

The captain enjoyed the first injury-free season of his Gunners career and emerged as the PFA and FWA Player of the Year.

Robin received a huge 77.7 per cent of the votes in our poll. Here, Arsenal.com reporter Rob Kelly gives his verdict on the dynamic Dutchman.

As a barometer of success, being described as a “great” by Dennis Bergkamp is a pretty good indicator of just how impressive you have been. But then Bergkamp is just one of a number of former and current Gunners who have felt moved to pay tribute to a regal Robin van Persie this season.

Andre Santos says his captain is on a level with Brazilian great Ronaldo, Ray Parlour believes he is “right up there with Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo as one of the best in the world”, while Theo Walcott claims he can emulate Thierry Henry and become a Club legend.

King Henry himself is in no doubt of the majesty of Van Persie. “What can I say about Robin?” he said. “I saw him come in here and at the very beginning he wasn't the easiest guy to deal with, like I wasn't I guess. But it's amazing to see how he has improved. I'm just in admiration. What he is doing now, in terms of not just goals but ratio of goals, apart from Ronaldo and Messi, is ridiculous.”

The stats tell their own story: 37 goals, 13 assists, PFA Player of the Year and FWA Footballer of the Year, winner of the Golden Boot and now the Arsenal fans’ Player of the Season. This truly was the year Robin became football royalty.

The signs had been there in the previous campaign when he finished strongly with 18 goals in his last 17 league games. But considering his previous injury problems, not many would have expected a campaign in which he played in every Premier League match and started 37 of the 38. It was to make all the difference as he etched his name in history.

Awarding Robin the captaincy last summer proved to be another Wenger masterstroke. “He took his role seriously on and off the pitch and I think it added something to his determination as well,” the manager said. “That is why maybe his commitment was even stronger - because he feels more responsibility. He grew into this role. The best way to be a captain for me is to be a fantastic player; that is the best way to get respect in your team. He did that remarkably well.”

Arsenal’s opening-day draw at Newcastle was the first Premier League away game in which he had failed to score during 2011, but Robin was soon among the goals, notching against Udinese and Manchester United before the month was out. His brace against Bolton four weeks later saw him become the 17th Arsenal player to reach 100 goals for the Club, and he went on to score seven times during October alone.

He proved that he could deliver when his side needed him most, too. Against Sunderland he stepped up to curl home a late free kick to snatch the points, while his hat trick against Chelsea showed the world - and his team - that they truly were back after a difficult start to the campaign. His repertoire of tricks continued to dazzle, a deft right-footed dink at Norwich and a firm header against Borussia Dortmund demonstrating he had more than just a wand of a left foot.

Always a man for the big occasion, Robin scored the Goal of the Season in December as the Club celebrated its 125th anniversary against Everton. Considering the build-up - the statues, the legends in attendance, the pre-match celebrations - it was always going to require something special to grab the limelight. Robin delivered with a magnificent volley on the run to spark joyous scenes inside Emirates Stadium.

His exceptional goalscoring exploits were the one constant as the team’s results dropped off over Christmas and January. And when the season seemed to hang in the balance during the North London derby in February, it was the captain who restored parity with the most wonderful of curling efforts.

In the Gunners’ next game, at Liverpool, their revival would be tested to the fore once again. Robin scored with a header to get his side back on level terms, and then once again proved his gift for the dramatic by volleying home an Alex Song pass in the final moments to snatch the points.

By this point, the goals - like the assists, like the awards - just kept on coming. And while a dry spell towards the end of a long, testing season was to be expected, he again stepped up when his side needed him, bagging an equaliser at Stoke and a brace against Norwich to help his side claim third place.

“Yes [he has exceeded my expectations], not on the quality of his games though because I expect a lot from him,” Wenger admitted. “It is purely football technically. The way it goes beyond my level of expectation is the number of goals he has scored. Where he is sensational as well is as a captain. He has done extremely well on and off the field.”

It has been the season of Robin’s life, the season in which he fulfilled his vast potential and assumed his position as one of the world’s greatest players. And what a pleasure it has been to watch.

Best player in England :bow:

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Best player in England :bow:

Yes he is.

And next year we'll have the second and third best players in England at our disposal too. Can we build a team around that? If RvP stays then hopefully yes.

Cripps_orig
01-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Yes he is.

And next year we'll have the second and third best players in England at our disposal too. Can we build a team around that? If RvP stays then hopefully yes.Cant see us buying Parker and Bale tbh

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Cant see us buying Parker and Bale tbh

Obviously I excluded the title winners from my analysis.

Cripps_orig
04-09-2012, 10:52 AM
It's time to vote for your first EA SPORTS Player of the Month for 2012/13!

Arsenal made a solid start to their Premier League campaign, staying unbeaten after three matches before the international break.

Santi Cazorla, Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud lead a new-look Gunners attack and two of them were on target in a 2-0 win at Liverpool after consecutive 0-0 draws with Sunderland and Stoke.

At the other end Arsenal have started the new campaign with three clean sheets and their solidity in defence and midfield augurs well for the months ahead.

New captain Thomas Vermaelen has forged a fine understanding with Per Mertesacker while Mikel Arteta has occupied a deeper role in front of the back four since the departure of Alex Song.

There are plenty of other contenders for our Player of the Month award. Vito Mannone has impressed since stepping in for the injured Wojciech Szczesny, Kieran Gibbs has been an attacking force on the left flank and Abou Diaby is in fantastic form after returning from a long spell on the sidelines.

Who do YOU think has been Arsenal's outstanding performer so far season? If you're a registered user of Arsenal.com, this is your chance to cast your vote for the EA SPORTS Player of the Month award.

The deadline for voting is 10am (UK time) on Tuesday, September 11.

Has to be someone from the defensive side. Mert or Verm for me

Cazorla with an outside chance

Syn
04-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Cazorla takes it. As he will for all future months. It's not even close.

Master Splinter
10-09-2012, 04:12 AM
http://www.bestofaudi.ru/media/gallery/a5/small/audi_a5_0024.jpg http://www.ignitumtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Thor-1024x768-300x225.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/48/Lee_A._Mavers_at_The_Picket_in_Liverpool._December _21st._1999._Photo_credit_A._Waters.jpg/220px-Lee_A._Mavers_at_The_Picket_in_Liverpool._December _21st._1999._Photo_credit_A._Waters.jpg

Tbh.

GunnerFan4Life
10-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Arteta for me

Cripps_orig
10-09-2012, 07:16 PM
http://www.bestofaudi.ru/media/gallery/a5/small/audi_a5_0024.jpg http://www.ignitumtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Thor-1024x768-300x225.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/48/Lee_A._Mavers_at_The_Picket_in_Liverpool._December _21st._1999._Photo_credit_A._Waters.jpg/220px-Lee_A._Mavers_at_The_Picket_in_Liverpool._December _21st._1999._Photo_credit_A._Waters.jpg

Tbh.Um what?

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Um what?

If you put it together you get CarThorLa (Cazorla)

Cripps_orig
10-09-2012, 07:37 PM
No idea who the dude at the end was

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2012, 07:45 PM
If you put it together you get CarThorLa (Cazorla)

I read it as Motorlightningturd.

Syn
11-09-2012, 03:53 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/cazorla-is-ea-sports-player-of-the-month?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+%28News+Feed%29

Cazorla wins. Others a not-so-close second. Played well, did Others. Others really did take responsibility when needed and did all the grafting that allowed the others to play. Fuck me I'm bored. 1 hr 7 mins till hometime woofuckinghoo.

Fist of Lehmann
11-09-2012, 04:20 PM
I read it as Motorlightningturd.

Must Get

Cripps_orig
02-10-2012, 08:08 PM
It's time to vote for your first EA SPORTS Player of the Month for 2012/13!

Arsenal took seven points from four league games in September, staying unbeaten until their defeat by Chelsea at the end of the month.

Arsène Wenger's team also started well in the Capital One Cup, thrashing Coventry 6-1, and the Champions League, where goals from Lukas Podolski and Gervinho sealed a hard-fought 2-1 victory at Montpellier.

After failing to score in August, the Gunners found their shooting boots in September, netting an impressive 18 goals in just six games.

Mikel Arteta has continued to impress in his new midfield role, while new signings Podolski and Santi Cazorla have settled in well at the Club.

There are plenty of other contenders for our Player of the Month award. Full backs Carl Jenkinson and Kieran Gibbs have performed consistently well, while Per Mertesacker has continued his encouraging start to the season.

Who do YOU think was Arsenal's outstanding performer? If you're a registered user of Arsenal.com, this is your chance to cast your vote for the EA SPORTS Player of the Month award.

The deadline for voting is 10am (UK time) on Tuesday, October 9.

Mert or Jenks

Japan Shaking All Over
03-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Jenko or Gibbo are my choices but doubt they will be in the photo finish

Cripps_orig
09-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Santi Cazorla is the EA SPORTS Player of the Month.

The Spain international made it two wins out of two after another impressive month for his new club.

Santi kicked off September with a goal and an assist for Lukas Podolski as Arsenal won 2-0 at Liverpool. He pulled the strings as Southampton were beaten 6-1 at the Emirates and helped Arsène Wenger's side get their Champions League campaign off to a winning start at Montpellier.

Santi won our official poll by a landslide in August but it was a different story this time with Carl Jenkinson pushing the playmaker all the way. Carl's solid displays at right back earned him 21.4 per cent of the votes - eight per cent less than Santi.

Gervinho finished in third with 15.5 per cent of the votes after scoring three times in September - against Southampton, Montpellier and Chelsea - from his new central role.

SEPTEMBER PLAYER OF THE MONTH RESULT
Player % of votes
Santi Cazorla 29.4
Carl Jenkinson 21.4
Gervinho 15.5
Others 34.7

Jenks deserved it imo

Olivier's xmas twist
09-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Deffo should have been Jenks.

Cripps_orig
01-11-2012, 11:04 PM
It's time to vote for your EA SPORTS Player of the Month!

Arsenal started and ended October in style and remain in the hunt for four trophies despite a dip in the middle of the month.

Olympiacos were beaten 3-1 at Emirates Stadium in the Champions League and West Ham United went down to the same scoreline at Upton Park as Olivier Giroud opened his Premier League account.

Santi Cazorla scored the goal of the game in east London but even he could not stop Arsenal slipping to successive defeats against Norwich City and Schalke.

Mikel Arteta poked home from close range to get Arsène Wenger's side back on track against Queens Park Rangers on the day Jack Wilshere made his long-awaited first-team return.

And October ended with arguably the Club's finest ever comeback - from 4-0 down to 7-5 up after extra time at Reading in the Capital One Cup.

As ever there are plenty of contenders for our Player of the Month award. Carl Jenkinson and Per Mertesacker were consistent in defence, Arteta was influential in midfield and Theo Walcott and Giroud were sharp in attack.

Who do YOU think was Arsenal's outstanding performer? If you're a registered user of Arsenal.com, this is your chance to cast your vote for the EA SPORTS Player of the Month award.

The deadline for voting is 10am (UK time) on Tuesday, November 6.

Theo surely

gooners
01-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Arsenal started and ended October in style and remain in the hunt for four trophies despite a dip in the middle of the month.

:haha: (you've got laugh or you'll cry --- gone are the days when such blatant posturing & grandstanding had some merit to them)

Olivier's xmas twist
06-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Theo Walcott is the EA SPORTS Player of the Month.The England international only made one start in October - but the hat-trick he scored that night earned him top spot in our official club poll with 31.4 per cent of the votes.

The game in question was of course Reading in the Capital One Cup when Theo sparked our famous comeback from 4-0 down with a fine finish in the dying seconds of the first half.

He was credited with the last-gasp equaliser too after his shot just about crossed the line and then smashed Arsenal into a 6-5 lead to end Reading's resistance in extra time.

Theo was also on target at West Ham in October, coming off the bench to apply another excellent finish in a 3-1 win. Further substitute appearances came against Olympiacos and QPR.

Theo pipped Mikel Arteta to our October award, finished four per cent ahead of the consistent Spanish midfielder. Santi Cazorla - winner in August and September - was third.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/45751/walcott-is-ea-sports-player-of-the-month

Theo Theo Theo Theo :bow:

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2012, 06:41 PM
The game in question was of course Reading in the Capital One Cup when Theo sparked our famous comeback from 4-0 down with a fine finish in the dying seconds of the first half.

JHC, we're becoming more spuddish by the day. Our famous comeback.

Cripps_orig
23-12-2012, 01:51 AM
Theo also won it for November :bow:

Giroud came 2nd :lol:

Cripps_orig
31-12-2012, 08:32 PM
It's time to vote for your EA SPORTS Player of the Month!

Arsenal made a difficult start to the month with two successive defeats, but four league victories on the bounce lifted them up to fifth in the table by the end of the year.

Arsène Wenger's side began December with a home defeat to Swansea and then lost at Olympiacos, but their fortunes turned around when Mikel Arteta converted two penalties to beat West Brom.

A Capital One Cup exit at Bradford was a bitter pill to swallow but Arsenal responded well with a stirring display to beat Reading 5-2 - with Santi Cazorla netting a superb hat trick.

Another Arteta penalty was enough to win at Wigan and 2012 ended with a sensational 7-3 win over Newcastle, thanks largely to a hat-trick from Theo Walcott and a quickfire brace from Olivier Giroud.

As ever there are plenty of contenders for our Player of the Month award. Cazorla was at his influential best, while Walcott thrived after being given his chance through the middle. Elsewhere, Jack Wilshere caught the eye, Arteta was as consistent as ever and Lukas Podolski grabbed goals and assists.

The deadline for voting is 10am (UK time) on Friday, January 4.

Wonder who will win :popcorn:

Cripps_orig
08-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Theo won it for December :bow:

Giroud for January.

c

Cripps_orig
08-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Santi Cazorla is the EA SPORTS Player of the Month for February.
The Spanish playmaker was neck and neck with Jack Wilshere in our official Club poll but just pipped his team-mate to the prize by a handful of votes.
Cazorla has been a revelation in his first season with Arsenal and he was hugely influential in February as Arsène Wenger's side won three times in the league.
The Spaniard scored the winner at Sunderland and then netted a brace to see off Aston Villa at Emirates Stadium.
Cazorla beat Wilshere by just 0.8 per cent and the England star can consider himself unlucky after some outstanding displays in midfield.
Lukas Podolski was a distant third in our February poll after scoring against his former club Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
February Player of the Month - Results
Player % of votes
Santi Cazorla 44.2
Jack Wilshere 43.4
Lukas Podolski 2.9
Other 9.5

Revelation :lol:

Cripps_orig
03-04-2013, 10:01 PM
The recent international break restricted Arsenal to four games in March but they ended the month with three straight victories.
Per Mertesacker was on target as Arsène Wenger's side began March with a narrow north London derby defeat but they bounced back in style to win 2-0 at Bayern Munich with goals from Olivier Giroud and Laurent Koscielny.
That wasn't quite enough to keep Arsenal in the Champions League but they improved their chances of qualifying for next season's competition with another professional display at Swansea City where Nacho Monreal and Gervinho were on target in a 2-0 win.
And the goals flowed in Arsenal's final game of the month with Gervinho, Santi Cazorla, Olivier Giroud and Mikel Arteta finding the net against Reading.
As ever there are a number of contenders for the Club's official Player of the Month award. Lukasz Fabianski impressed between the posts and Monreal showed how quickly he has settled in English football. Koscielny added steel to the back four and, further forward, Cazorla and Gervinho were among those who impressed.

No stand out player in march.

Xhaka Can’t
03-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Or Feb, Jan, Dec, Nov, Oct, Sep and Aug.

GP
08-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Aaron Ramsey is the EA Sports Player of the Month.

Well deserved.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ramsey-wins-player-of-the-month-award

Ollie the Optimist
08-05-2013, 09:05 AM
been superb recently, well deserved

Joker
08-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Can't fault his workrate but technically he can be found wanting at times.

LDG
08-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Agreed, but he seems to have been better at that too just recently.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Wouldn't disagree. He's upped his game at the business end of the season so deserves some recognition for that. Plus he's put up with constant criticism from certain people here who will remain nameless. :run:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2013, 11:15 AM
I honestly thought it was a joke when i first read it, Aaron Ramsey actually makes us worse as a team his inept passing his lack of awareness his inability to track back or tackle despite being stupidly played in a defensive position...it poisons everything. Clearly one of the worst if not the worst Arsenal midfielder of the premier league era (yes worse than denilson, least denilson could pass and run)

The guy is not only not Arsenal quality he is not premiership quality and arguably shouldn't be a footballer at all.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 11:34 AM
I honestly thought it was a joke when i first read it, Aaron Ramsey actually makes us worse as a team his inept passing his lack of awareness his inability to track back or tackle despite being stupidly played in a defensive position...it poisons everything. Clearly one of the worst if not the worst Arsenal midfielder of the premier league era (yes worse than denilson, least denilson could pass and run)

The guy is not only not Arsenal quality he is not premiership quality and arguably shouldn't be a footballer at all.

Yes, we know. But hardly anyone else on the the pitch is Arsenal quality either (or is typical Arsenal quality depending on which way you look at it). Ramsey has been improving while others have been going backwards. This has been masked by a set of very shaky results but positive results nonetheless. But you look out or passing, shooting, crossing, ball retention, effectiveness in the final third, decision making, the pace of our play, the inventiveness and ability to break down organised opponents. You can't point to anyone and say they have been stand outs. Rosicky had a couple of good games but also some stinkers. Kos has been a bit more solid at the back but we're not calling him a world beater quite yet. Ramsey stands out from a bad bunch. Doesn't mean he's the next Messi but if everyone in the squad has put in as much effort to up their mediocre games we'd probably be in a more comfortable position in the league now.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2013, 11:38 AM
comparing Ramsey as a footballer to those around him is a joke, they may be playing poorly but he is consistently bad....as for this improvement you speak of, i've seen nothing out of the ordinary fare of miss placed passing putting us in problems by giving the ball away or conceeding a free kick with a poorly timed tackle.....other players don't give him the ball because they know they won't get it back....look at how when he plays with Wilshere, Wilshere won't pass to him.
The reason these other players are underperforming in midfield is because they are playing with Ramsey, every time we break on the ball the whole move is undermined by Ramsey who cannot run, cannot pass and cannot read the game....and i have not seen anything that suggests to me that there is any improvement no matter how small on that.

Marc Overmars
08-05-2013, 11:39 AM
To be honest I just see him as a water carrier now. He seems to have carved out that role for himself so good luck to him, every team needs one.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2013, 11:41 AM
He was ordinary against West Brom, terrible against Norwich, terrible first half against Everton....just about average second half, he was an abomination against Fulham and United....and he was a shambles against QPR any kind of analysis of how we played in these games would prove this and yet he's given player of the month....ignoring the player who has been player of the month and has been consistently protecting us despite these lukewarm performances and that man is Laurent Koscielny.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2013, 11:42 AM
To be honest I just see him as a water carrier now. He seems to have carved out that role for himself so good luck to him, every team needs one.

But he can't even do that.....he's about as much use as a water carrier as a colander would be

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Remove him from the next game play a midfield three of wilshere, arteta and cazorla and you would definitley see an improvement in performance.....the fact that he is being rewarded for lowering the standard of our football and being a constant burden to us for me is nothing short of masochism.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 11:45 AM
The award is not for the most skilful player, is it? It's for the player who has contributed most. I think Ramsey has been doing fewer stupid things, has moved the ball quicker than he usually does and has been slightly more accurate with his passing. But the key thing is he's put a lot of effort into each game and I'm afraid that's where we are now as a team. Water carriers can stand out just by being on the ball a bit more and not going missing.

Kano
08-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Remove him from the next game play a midfield three of wilshere, arteta and cazorla and you would definitley see an improvement in performance.....
do you remember most of our performances with that midfield, before wilshere went out injured in march?

Marc Overmars
08-05-2013, 11:51 AM
The Wheelchair-Arteta-Cazorla midfield is why our season died on it's arse.

They just don't click.

Things slowly improved when Cazorla started playing further forward/wide and Wheelchair got injured.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2013, 11:51 AM
The award is not for the most skilful player, is it? It's for the player who has contributed most. I think Ramsey has been doing fewer stupid things, has moved the ball quicker than he usually does and has been slightly more accurate with his passing. But the key thing is he's put a lot of effort into each game and I'm afraid that's where we are now as a team. Water carriers can stand out just by being on the ball a bit more and not going missing.

But the only thing he is contributing to us is making our performances worse with his incompitence and making it harder for us to win, he isn't a water carrier he is a dead weight around our ankles. Not only does he not have the skill on the ball, he doesn't have the skill to contribute in the way you seem to be claiming he has been contributing. He hasn't....the defence is doing better because it sits deeper and it sits deeper because of who is playing in front of them, the team has changed the way it plays football to a much less expansive form of the game because they cannot trust their own dead weight team mate not to put them in a predicament by giving away the ball. So i can understand what your saying all i'm saying is that there is no evidence for it, the only thing he contributes is making the players around him play with the hand break on because he is so poor.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2013, 11:53 AM

They just don't click.

Things slowly improved when Cazorla started playing further forward/wide and Wheelchair got injured.

No it didn't, that midfield three hasn't played singularly together because Cazorla has been forced to play wide out of position most of the time and Arteta and Wilshere have been forced to play alongside Ramsey.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2013, 11:55 AM
do you remember most of our performances with that midfield, before wilshere went out injured in march?

As i've pointed out that midfield three hasn't actually played together......arteta and wilshere have always had to accomodate ramsey which means that cazorla has been played wide left or right.

Marc Overmars
08-05-2013, 11:59 AM
No it didn't, that midfield three hasn't played singularly together because Cazorla has been forced to play wide out of position most of the time and Arteta and Wilshere have been forced to play alongside Ramsey.

You're forgetting that Podolski was a regular at the start.

It was Theo-Giroud-Podolski. With the aforementioned midfield behind and we were shit.

Kano
08-05-2013, 12:00 PM
As i've pointed out that midfield three hasn't actually played together......arteta and wilshere have always had to accomodate ramsey which means that cazorla has been played wide left or right.
not true. wilshere was deeper next to arteta a lot of the time. only on a handful of occasions has caz been pushed out wide. as marc says above, lukas was a regular starter on the left, as was gervinho when he scored a few before the striker experiment.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2013, 12:05 PM
not true. wilshere was deeper next to arteta a lot of the time. only on a handful of occasions has caz been pushed out wide. as marc says above, lukas was a regular starter on the left, as was gervinho when he scored a few before the striker experiment.

At the start of the season the midfield trio was arteta, cazorla and diaby and it worked well.....we were just playing two strikers who hadn't adapated to the premier league. And you noticed how things went down hill as soon as diaby got injured against chelsea and you know who came back into the side.

Since September Ramsey has been a regular starter in the Arsenal side and it's coincided with poor performances and poor results....and no link up between defence and attack.

IBK
08-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Aaron Ramsey is the EA Sports Player of the Month.

Well deserved.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ramsey-wins-player-of-the-month-award

Seconded. Credit to him for persevering.

Kano
08-05-2013, 12:08 PM
At the start of the season the midfield trio was arteta, cazorla and diaby and it worked well.....we were just playing two strikers who hadn't adapated to the premier league. And you noticed how things went down hill as soon as diaby got injured against chelsea and you know who came back into the side.

Since September Ramsey has been a regular starter in the Arsenal side and it's coincided with poor performances and poor results....and no link up between defence and attack.
since caz and jack have stopped playing together, things have improved and ramsey is still there.

he's no world beater but absolutely nowhere near as bad as the picture you've painted.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2013, 12:09 PM
don't get me wrong compared to arsenal sides of the past we are comparatively average, but frankly anyone who thinks Ramsey should be starting games should be accompanied to the emirates stadium by a guide dog. He is I reaffirm the worst midfielder who has put on an Arsenal shirt in the premier league era and the idea that this walking travesty is given player of the month ignoring the heroic efforts of Laurent Koscielny who single handedly has been bailing us out makes me wonder what kind of people are supporting this club.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2013, 12:12 PM
The reason Cazorla and Wilshere can't play together is a seperate issue....it doesn't help that Wenger tries to play Wilshere far too deep because we don't have a proper defensive midfielder just a welsh retard. I think had we decided to buy someone who could marshall the midfield properly like a Diame whose price-tag was literally begging us to sign him instead we start with someone who should be playing for a football team sponsored by Scope

IBK
08-05-2013, 12:13 PM

They just don't click.

Pretty much. Lets remember how much we have improved defensively with Ramsey in his proper DM position. We have been average going forwards lately but that's not Ramsey's fault. Its more that other than finishing Walcott on the right offers us nothing; because Rosicky's more dynamic than Carzola centrally, Carzola's less effective on the left, and we have either not had a striker or not played to Giroud's strengths.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Pretty much. Lets remember how much we have improved defensively with Ramsey in his proper DM position. We have been average going forwards lately but that's not Ramsey's fault. Its more that other than finishing Walcott on the right offers us nothing; because Rosicky's more dynamic than Carzola centrally, Carzola's less effective on the left, and we have either not had a striker or not played to Giroud's strengths.

Giroud's strength is posing in his underpants for homo mags, tbf.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Ramsey is also a product of Wenger's deranged psyche i know he is awful as a defensive midfielder but getting him to spearhead the attacks when Ramsey and Wilshere were playing in the same team like he was doing in January/February was near on suicidal.

IBK
08-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Giroud's strength is posing in his underpants for homo mags, tbf.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2013, 12:16 PM

We have improved defensively because of Ramsey I agree, but it's because the back four is dropping deeper because they only have that muppet protecting them....and as i have said players aren't charging forward as much and playing with the hand break on because they know if they leave gaps at the back they only have that cretin to protect them.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2013, 12:19 PM
I have noticed in the last few games that only Rosicky (who has stunk up the place just as badly himself in the last few games) is passing to Ramsey....because the rest of them know that invariably passing to Ramsey is asking the move to break down.
I'm sorry i still can't get over this, how dreadful he was against United and people giving him player of the month....it was only because Phil Dowd must have felt sorry for his totally inability to tackle that he didn't get himself sent off....which frankly would have been a relief.

IBK
08-05-2013, 12:21 PM
I have noticed in the last few games that only Rosicky (who has stunk up the place just as badly himself in the last few games) is passing to Ramsey....because the rest of them know that invariably passing to Ramsey is asking the move to break down.
I'm sorry i still can't get over this, how dreadful he was against United and people giving him player of the month....it was only because Phil Dowd must have felt sorry for his totally inability to tackle that he didn't get himself sent off....which frankly would have been a relief.

Alert: Mayday, Mayday - total credibility loss!!

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2013, 12:26 PM
I think Rosicky has been another recipient of the "not so awful" reaction. He's been okay, good in patches, anonymous on occasion. So he stands out as looking great by comparison to those around him. He can do stuff like retain a ball and pass five yards without turning over possession. He plays the ball forward some of the time. He sometimes runs past an opponent. Bog standard stuff but pretty remarkable for our bunch. He probably doesn't play that much because he disrupts the tippy tappy shite we favour and does crazy, positive shit that sometimes comes off.

IBK
08-05-2013, 12:31 PM
I think Rosicky has been another recipient of the "not so awful" reaction. He's been okay, good in patches, anonymous on occasion. So he stands out as looking great by comparison to those around him. He can do stuff like retain a ball and pass five yards without turning over possession. He plays the ball forward some of the time. He sometimes runs past an opponent. Bog standard stuff but pretty remarkable for our bunch. He probably doesn't play that much because he disrupts the tippy tappy shite we favour and does crazy, positive shit that sometimes comes off.

I take the comparative point - but he has definitely been one of our better players - and (whisper it quietly) far more effective at setting up goals than Jack has been, even when fit.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2013, 12:37 PM
I take the comparative point - but he has definitely been one of our better players - and (whisper it quietly) far more effective at setting up goals than Jack has been, even when fit.

Rosicky for me was sub-standard against United and QPR, shooting on sight against United when there was no cause to and passing to Sagna who was atrocious.....and being responsible for the amount of times United broke against us in the second half by constantly giving the ball away (well almost as responsible as Ramsey) and against QPR was forever trying passes that weren't on and allowing our promising attacking moves to break down.
I do personally like Rosicky and think there have been times where he has massively improved our game with his passing and runs.....but i think a lot of those times have been when he has come off the bench so to do, but for me was tripe in the last two matches.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2013, 12:38 PM
For me there is one player whose performances seem to merit a place in the starting XI but never gets it and that is Oxlade-Chamberlain....rarely puts a foot wrong and gives us an extra dimension to our attacks.

Master Splinter
08-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Koscielny has been by far our best player, yes. Much like last season. He gets a run in the team and in most games he's virtually faultless. Forget the Gervinho/Walcott striker experiments, the Ramsey on the wings experiment, the lopsided midfield or the fact that horrendously out-of-form players seem to be rewarded with starts every week, Koscielny not being the first name on the team sheet was WengBOT's most costly mistake this season. There's been the usual WUMger smokescreen about him apparently having niggling injuries, but every player who is out of the team always seems to develop these. And even if he was, Wenget has had no problems playing certain others if they're carrying a little ankle/knee/shoulder. Nearly everyone here pointed out that Vermaelen's captaincy would be a hindrance, but I suppose a stubborn BOT is gonna BOT until even his stats machine points out to him that he's made a mistake.

Regarding Ramsey, you could apply many of those criticisms to most our players. As talented as Cazorla is, his application of it has been woeful recently and he makes more suicidal passes than Ramsey at times. Arteta has made too many mistakes lately for someone who is usually reliable. Sagna, Wilshere, Podolski and Vermaelem have all regressed for varying reasons. Monreal is not wholly convincing so far. Giroud and Walcott are mostly blunt, ragged, instruments of rare destruction. Gervinho is Gervinho. When you have a team made up of almost-men, journeymen and never-men, you get what we have now. To constantly criticise an individual who has mostly eradicated his early season foibles and has become a prime component of a more defensively solid team comes across as needlessly petty and obsessive. Yes, he's average at best. But so are most of our squad. At least Ramsey has contributed positively to results, while more talented offensive players have gone missing. It's not pretty watching Arsenal anymore, but to continually single out Ramsey is ridiculous. Blame the person who selects him and has brought us to this situation where we're mostly relying on wholesale water-carrying to get results.

IBK
08-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Koscielny has been by far our best player, yes. Much like last season. He gets a run in the team and in most games he's virtually faultless. Forget the Gervinho/Walcott striker experiments, the Ramsey on the wings experiment, the lopsided midfield or the fact that horrendously out-of-form players seem to be rewarded with starts every week, Koscielny not being the first name on the team sheet was WengBOT's most costly mistake this season. There's been the usual WUMger smokescreen about him apparently having niggling injuries, but every player who is out of the team always seems to develop these. And even if he was, Wenget has had no problems playing certain others if they're carrying a little ankle/knee/shoulder. Nearly everyone here pointed out that Vermaelen's captaincy would be a hindrance, but I suppose a stubborn BOT is gonna BOT until even his stats machine points out to him that he's made a mistake.

Regarding Ramsey, you could apply many of those criticisms to most our players. As talented as Cazorla is, his application of it has been woeful recently and he makes more suicidal passes than Ramsey at times. Arteta has made too many mistakes lately for someone who is usually reliable. Sagna, Wilshere, Podolski and Vermaelem have all regressed for varying reasons. Monreal is not wholly convincing so far. Giroud and Walcott are mostly blunt, ragged, instruments of rare destruction. Gervinho is Gervinho. When you have a team made up of almost-men, journeymen and never-men, you get what we have now. To constantly criticise an individual who has mostly eradicated his early season foibles and has become a prime component of a more defensively solid team comes across as needlessly petty and obsessive. Yes, he's average at best. But so are most of our squad. At least Ramsey has contributed positively to results, while more talented offensive players have gone missing. It's not pretty watching Arsenal anymore, but to continually single out Ramsey is ridiculous. Blame the person who selects him and has brought us to this situation where we're mostly relying on wholesale water-carrying to get results.

:gp:

GP
08-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Koscielny has been outstanding, it's true.

While he's not always had the most stable partnership, his quality has always been evident.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2013, 01:46 PM
I don't think there is anything to be gained by furthering this discussion, I don't think there is an issue with how hard Ramsey tries this is not a discussion about effort but as i have stated and will consistently state until he either leaves or my eye sight fails me he is the worst midfielder to put on a shirt for Arsenal in the premier league era at least. He poisons everything around him with his inability to do anything...this referal to him as a water carrier is absurd because he doesn't even do that.....in what way does he carry water he can't tackle the only reason he holds onto the ball is because he doesn't have the decision making ability to pick out a decent pass or the pace to run with the ball and invariably he doesn't hold onto the ball very long because he is dispossessed.
He has been played in various positions and he fails at whatever position he is put in, and frankly an outfield player that cannot pass, cannot run, cannot tackle, cannot track back and cannot read the game has no business on a football pitch.
But fine if you like players who can't make a simple five yard pass under no opposition pressure than Ramsey is your man!.

Cripps_orig
08-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Surprised Ramsey won it.

He's not been as shit as he has been but surely it should go to Mert or even maybe Kos.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Having started August in disappointing fashion with a 3-1 home defeat to Aston Villa, the Gunners responded in fine style by winning three games in quick succession.
Olivier Giroud kept up his stunning pre-season form by scoring against Paul Lambert's men in that early defeat, and was on target again in the 3-0 victory at Fenerbahce that followed it.
The game in Istanbul also featured strikes from Kieran Gibbs and Aaron Ramsey, as Arsène Wenger's side bounced back with a comprehensive victory.
Three days later, it was Lukas Podolski's turn to shine as he claimed a brace in the 3-1 win at Fulham, with Giroud also on the scoresheet.
The Gunners ended the month with a comfortable 2-0 victory against Fenerbahce at Emirates Stadium, with Ramsey on target twice to seal a group stage place.
As ever there are a number of contenders for the Club's official Player of the Month award and Arsenal Members can vote now!
Giroud and Ramsey have both scored three times, Podolski has been on target twice while Per Mertesacker has impressed as stand-in captain. Wojciech Szczesny has made a series of superb saves, Tomas Rosicky has consistently caught the eye and Bacary Sagna is back to his best.
Who do YOU think was our top performer in August? Cast your vote for the Arsenal Player of the Month and see if you're chosen to present the award before a home game at Emirates Stadium.
The deadline for votes is 10am on Thursday, September 5.

Ramsey it has to be.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Ramsey has done really well but Cazorla has been the best player for us this month.

Ollie the Optimist
28-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Ramsey. hes been superb

Özil's Panoramic View
28-08-2013, 06:14 PM
With our threadbare squad, expect those two to be the only likely contenders for rest of season.

Xhaka Can’t
28-08-2013, 07:20 PM
My money's on Rooney next month and Suarez in October.

Rooney will put in a transfer request in November.

milla
28-08-2013, 07:42 PM

Cripps_orig
06-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Ramsey is Arsenal Player of the Month

Aaron Ramsey is the Arsenal Player of the Month!
Arsenal fans voted in record numbers in our official August poll - and more than three quarters of them chose the Wales midfielder.
Ramsey ended last season in fine form and he picked up where he left off at the start of the new campaign.
He scored three times in August - all against Fenerbahce in the Champions League - but it was Ramsey's increasing authority at the heart of Arsenal's midfield that really caught the eye,
The 22-year-old's defensive discipline was vital in the absence of Mikel Arteta but, as those goals suggest, Ramsey also got forward to good effect.
Olivier Giroud also had a month to remember but the Frenchman was a distant second in our poll on 13.9 per cent. Tomas Rosicky finished third.

August Player of the Month - Results
Player % of votes
Aaron Ramsey 77.1
Olivier Giroud 13.9
Tomas Rosicky 2.0
Other 7.0

Arteta :wave:

LDG
06-09-2013, 11:40 AM
I don't think there is anything to be gained by furthering this discussion, I don't think there is an issue with how hard Ramsey tries this is not a discussion about effort but as i have stated and will consistently state until he either leaves or my eye sight fails me he is the worst midfielder to put on a shirt for Arsenal in the premier league era at least. He poisons everything around him with his inability to do anything...this referal to him as a water carrier is absurd because he doesn't even do that.....in what way does he carry water he can't tackle the only reason he holds onto the ball is because he doesn't have the decision making ability to pick out a decent pass or the pace to run with the ball and invariably he doesn't hold onto the ball very long because he is dispossessed.
He has been played in various positions and he fails at whatever position he is put in, and frankly an outfield player that cannot pass, cannot run, cannot tackle, cannot track back and cannot read the game has no business on a football pitch.
But fine if you like players who can't make a simple five yard pass under no opposition pressure than Ramsey is your man!.

:haha:

JonasTC
06-09-2013, 11:45 AM
H_C_Z should work as a scout :bow:

Power n Glory
06-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Don't act as if things didn't look bleak for Ramsey 12 months ago. It's fantastic that he's turned it around and that's what we all want but he really was woeful a year ago.

Marc Overmars
06-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Well done to Ramzi.

Despite killing several people over the past month.

GP
06-09-2013, 12:10 PM
HunderscoreCunderscoreZ :lol:

Cripps_orig
06-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Don't act as if things didn't look bleak for Ramsey 12 months ago. It's fantastic that he's turned it around and that's what we all want but he really was woeful a year ago.

Pretty much.

Whilst I don't agree with HCZ in his opinion of Ramsey being the worst midfielder we have had in the PL era, especially when I can name 2 in our current squad who are terrible, Diaby and Arteta, I can see the point to some of his argument.

Ramsey was very bad not even as far back as last year but just a few months ago.

JonasTC
06-09-2013, 12:23 PM
The thing is, he wanted to get rid of him and didnt acknowledge that the kid actually had potential.

Power n Glory
06-09-2013, 12:47 PM
After spending on Ozil and declaring to the football world that we mean business, I won’t have the patience to see such a prolonged run of bad form in the first team each week. There is no excuse for it now. The level of criticism aimed at Ramsey is down to him playing week in week out when he shouldn’t be playing,