PDA

View Full Version : Chamakhs Form

GunnerFan4Life
03-09-2011, 08:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj9WDEvDkWQ&feature=feedf

I think theres alot of people on here who have been ridicously over the top with the criticism over Chamakhs declining form. Tbh i joined the bandwagon that actually thought he was useless and he is clearly not a selfish type of player in the situations that we need him to be e.g move to the side, take a shot. But I went through this video above and realised how much he's been involved in alot of our goals last season and the way he holds up the ball and his movement.

He was also involved with the move that put Ramsey through to square for Walcott in the 1st leg CL this season.

But its clear to see that his confidence is completely shot as RVP started banging them in 2nd half of last season. Or he is not the type of get in the box striker, like Dzeko with his 3rd goal against Tottenham. Its just up to him to to make the most of his chances I suppose.

Views?

Cripps_orig
03-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Lack of game time and loss of confidence

Not a good combo

Once he gets games, he'll be fine

Not a problem

GP
03-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Desperately needs a goal. Started really well, but it's all gone wrong.

Hope he gets it back.

Master Splinter
03-09-2011, 09:07 PM
NQ plays that video every morning.

Özim
03-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Sh*t at Bordeaux, sh*t for us, please f*ck off.

gunnerrrrr
03-09-2011, 09:12 PM
i was at the Spuds game which we lost 3-2...this plumb was through on goal one and one with the keeper, however he decided as a striker that he needed another option and did a 180 turn and ended up getting tackled and losing the ball.

no other stiker would have done that even in Sunday league, the guy rarely shoots the ball and is ALWAYS looking for the easy pass option...

We have recently has RVP, Adebayor, Henry, Wright etc as our main strikers and none of them, even RVP would pass up an opportunity to score, whereas this clown would more often than not....

however all is not lost, if he hit the weight room, became stronger, faster and changed his mentality to being more aggressive and goal hungry he would be quite the player....but at Arsenal we know there is no chance that Wenger and his outdated crew will ever attempt to change him.

Cripps_orig
03-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Sh*t at Bordeaux, sh*t for us, please f*ck off.

Being their best player in a title winning season shows that tbh

Cripps_orig
03-09-2011, 09:14 PM
i was at the Spuds game which we lost 3-2...this plumb was through on goal one and one with the keeper, however he decided as a striker that he needed another option and did a 180 turn and ended up getting tackled and losing the ball.

no other stiker would have done that even in Sunday league, the guy rarely shoots the ball and is ALWAYS looking for the easy pass option...

We have recently has RVP, Adebayor, Henry, Wright etc as our main strikers and none of them, even RVP would pass up an opportunity to score, whereas this clown would more often than not....

however all is not lost, if he hit the weight room, became stronger, faster and changed his mentality to being more aggressive and goal hungry he would be quite the player....but at Arsenal we know there is no chance that Wenger and his outdated crew will ever attempt to change him.

DIdnt he score in that game?

Özim
Being their best player in a title winning season shows that tbh
Pull the other one, I saw him many times thought he was sh*t then if you remember and I said as much before we signed him.

Gourcuff was their best player, he was the playmaker and key for Bordeaux, Chamakh was a sideshow at best.

Syn
Views?

His problem is that he lacks testicles.

If you're going to play up front, you're going to need to put the ball in the net. He doesn't want to.

No matter what NQ says, Chamakh is utterly useless right now. Can he become useful? Maybe, but I don't know many people who have come back from Reyesitis.

Cripps_orig
03-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Pull the other one, I saw him many times thought he was sh*t then if you remember and I said as much before we signed him.

Gourcuff was their best player, he was the playmaker and key for Bordeaux, Chamakh was a sideshow at best.

He was their captain and their focal point and he has a good record in the CL.

Sounds like a good player to me.

Started off well with us but has hardly played since RVP decided to have an injury free year

GunnerFan4Life
03-09-2011, 09:16 PM
This is the thing, I'd like Wenger to sit down with him and discuss how to improve his mentality by doing exactly what gunneerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr said but i have the feeling AW isn't that type of manager, althought known of us know what goes in behind the doors. I remember Evra saying recently (backing De Gea up) by saying his debut season was tough but Ferguson told him to sit down, and watch the EPL and learn from it.

Chamakh can be quite a player for us just like Ade was, maybe even better cause Cham has pretty good movement and hold up play like we see in the video.

Cripps_orig
03-09-2011, 09:17 PM
This is the thing, I'd like Wenger to sit down with him and discuss how to improve his mentality by doing exactly what gunneerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr said but i have the feeling AW isn't that type of manager, althought known of us know what goes in behind the doors. I remember Evra saying recently (backing De Gea up) by saying his debut season was tough but Ferguson told him to sit down, and watch the EPL and learn from it.

Chamakh can be quite a player for us just like Ade was, maybe even better cause Cham has pretty good movement and hold up play like we see in the video.

That'll just make him worse tbh

Master Splinter
03-09-2011, 09:20 PM

This is quite simply wrong. You either know it and are purposefully WUMming like Ach (in non-Chamakh threads) or just see what you want to see.

He was great for Bordeaux, just like he was for us before Christmas.

He's beyond useless at the moment, but making things up does not help an argument.

GunnerFan4Life
03-09-2011, 09:49 PM
The thing that frustrates me is Chamakh wouldn't of done what Bendy done vs Ipswish 2nd leg CC last season. That was a stunning goal and that is what strikers do. Who knows if Cham change for the better in the future but atm he needs to actually play like a striker and sense goal scoring opportunitys.

Özim
03-09-2011, 10:09 PM
This is quite simply wrong. You either know it and are purposefully WUMming like Ach (in non-Chamakh threads) or just see what you want to see.

He was great for Bordeaux, just like he was for us before Christmas.

He's beyond useless at the moment, but making things up does not help an argument.
It's a matter of opinion, every time I saw him he was stuck outside the box and running out wide....not sure that's where a striker should be.

Never rated him then and he's done nothing to change my mind so far.

gunnerrrrr
03-09-2011, 10:21 PM
DIdnt he score in that game?

no.

okay he did the cunt

Niall_Quinn
03-09-2011, 10:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj9WDEvDkWQ&feature=feedf

I think theres alot of people on here who have been ridicously over the top with the criticism over Chamakhs declining form. Tbh i joined the bandwagon that actually thought he was useless and he is clearly not a selfish type of player in the situations that we need him to be e.g move to the side, take a shot. But I went through this video above and realised how much he's been involved in alot of our goals last season and the way he holds up the ball and his movement.

He was also involved with the move that put Ramsey through to square for Walcott in the 1st leg CL this season.

But its clear to see that his confidence is completely shot as RVP started banging them in 2nd half of last season. Or he is not the type of get in the box striker, like Dzeko with his 3rd goal against Tottenham. Its just up to him to to make the most of his chances I suppose.

Views?

He's shit.

Alan B'stard
04-09-2011, 04:20 PM
chamakh could double his transfer value...by carrying an organ donor card.

Power n Glory
04-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Garbage player. Until he grows a pair and learns how to shoot, we have no use for him.

IBK
04-09-2011, 07:12 PM

I'm not saying that his form hasn't been shit but when he joined his achievement in standing in for RVP as a striker new to the league was considerable, and he must have the ability there somewhere. There isn't a single striker in the league who hasn't missed a sitter or had a period out of form. Rooney? Dzeko? Anelka? Carroll and Torres :lol:, Eduardo, hell even RVP! His loss of form coincided with being dropped, rather than encouraged in a period that ended in last season's disaster. There are precious few Arsenal players who distinguished themselves after Feb this year.

What worries me more is AW's failure to stop the rot - I think the player is guilty of nothing more than losing confidence. I hope that our new signings give him heart because I think Chamakh cares, and I think that deep down inside he can do it if handled properly.

fakeyank
04-09-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm not saying that his form hasn't been shit but when he joined his achievement in standing in for RVP as a striker new to the league was considerable, and he must have the ability there somewhere. There isn't a single striker in the league who hasn't missed a sitter or had a period out of form. Rooney? Dzeko? Anelka? Carroll and Torres :lol:, Eduardo, hell even RVP! His loss of form coincided with being dropped, rather than encouraged in a period that ended in last season's disaster. There are precious few Arsenal players who distinguished themselves after Feb this year.

What worries me more is AW's failure to stop the rot - I think the player is guilty of nothing more than losing confidence. I hope that our new signings give him heart because I think Chamakh cares, and I think that deep down inside he can do it if handled properly.

All that is good but where are you going to play him? In our 4-3-3, if RVP is down the middle, Chakma is shit as the 'striker' on the wings. This shit 4-3-3 system is not suitable for us.. AW has ruined the careers of other strikers as well because of this- Eduardo, Bendy, Vela. Think of the times these players played down the middle.. more often than not, they did good. We need to change to a 4-4-2 to get more bodies in the box and also play better football!

GunnerFan4Life
04-09-2011, 07:30 PM
If we had a four man midfield then someone will be demote to the bench.

Either its:

Theo Arteta Song Gerv
Cham RVP

or

Theo Wilshire Song Gerv
Cham RVP

These 2 in the middle are our only best options and Song is probably a must have in the middle for defensive duties.

Fats
04-09-2011, 07:48 PM
I think he needs a run in the side

Hopefully it wont be in our side cause he's shit

IBK
04-09-2011, 07:52 PM
All that is good but where are you going to play him? In our 4-3-3, if RVP is down the middle, Chakma is shit as the 'striker' on the wings. This shit 4-3-3 system is not suitable for us.. AW has ruined the careers of other strikers as well because of this- Eduardo, Bendy, Vela. Think of the times these players played down the middle.. more often than not, they did good. We need to change to a 4-4-2 to get more bodies in the box and also play better football!

Great observation. If you look at Manure; Barca etc - they can mix it up, and do so in Manure's case to get the best out of their players. AW's obsession with trying to get players to play outside their comfort zone means that 70% of the time he simply stifles them.

Chamakh clearly feels most comfortable with an out and out striker in front of him - I'd agree that our 4-3-3 is damaging certain players (and I'd include Walcott here). I think also that Wenger's tactical shortcoming as a manager is being too rigidly wedded to a system rather than to the relative strengths and weaknesses of his players. If he could only be as 'brave' in trying to mix it up as he is in backing his players to make the chosen system work it might be a revelation.

Marc Overmars
04-09-2011, 08:07 PM
He's a bit shit tbh. Hopefully he comes good and proves everyone wrong but I doubt he will.

IBK
04-09-2011, 08:10 PM
He's a bit shit tbh. Hopefully he comes good and proves everyone wrong but I doubt he will.

Is now. Wasn't pre Xmas last year...

Power n Glory
04-09-2011, 08:20 PM

His loss of form was before he got dropped. It's not so much his form, it's a problem with his instincts and eye for goal. Even when he was scoring goals for us there were plenty of examples of him passing up opportunities to shoot when he was clean through on goal. I'm pretty sure I saw him do the same thing during pre season. After seeing that and his style of play, I've never been a fan. He's not brave enough.

As for playing a two man striker combo...it's a good idea and maybe he'd play better but He won't get into the first team if we play with two strikers either way. He'd still be on the bench and I'd much rather give guys like Theo and Arshavin a chance up front before Cham gets a chance. Arshavin in that free role or Theo playing off the shoulder would benefit the team more. He's going to have to find his form off the bench if he wants first team football.

Marc Overmars
04-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Is now. Wasn't pre Xmas last year...

Indeed, his much fabled form last year. If we can see that again, great.

He's obviously not played as much since because of RVP but despite what anyone says, he has played matches and had sufficient game time to make more of an impact. 1 goal against Leyton Orient is all he has to show since November last year, so he still has it all to prove.

I hate his style of play and even when he was scoring I did note that he was nowhere near as ruthless as he could be.

As I said, hopefully he turns it around, I don't believe he will but there you go.

Cripps_orig
04-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Play 2 up top and he'll be fine.

The 4-3-3 is killing him and us tbh

Niall_Quinn
04-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Are people really saying it's Wenger's fault that Chamakh is shit? Seriously? That it's Wenger's fault Chamakh is gutless, Wenger's to blame because Chamakh is scared to impose himself on a game, scared to lead the line, scared to even bloody shoot? Without doubt it's Wenger's fault we ever hired this shit player. But all the rest is down to Chamakh, the worst player I've seen at the club in 30 years (and there have been a few stinkers in that time). We play with ten when this useless shit is on the pitch.

Cripps_orig
04-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Are people really saying it's Wenger's fault that Chamakh is shit? Seriously? That it's Wenger's fault Chamakh is gutless, Wenger's to blame because Chamakh is scared to impose himself on a game, scared to lead the line, scared to even bloody shoot? Without doubt it's Wenger's fault we ever hired this shit player. But all the rest is down to Chamakh, the worst player I've seen at the club in 30 years (and there have been a few stinkers in that time). We play with ten when this useless shit is on the pitch.

yes

Niall_Quinn
04-09-2011, 09:26 PM
yes

Wenger out!

Cripps_orig
04-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Wenger out!

Best post you've ever made on here

Boss
05-09-2011, 12:00 AM
His loss of form was before he got dropped. It's not so much his form, it's a problem with his instincts and eye for goal. Even when he was scoring goals for us there were plenty of examples of him passing up opportunities to shoot when he was clean through on goal. I'm pretty sure I saw him do the same thing during pre season. After seeing that and his style of play, I've never been a fan. He's not brave enough.

As for playing a two man striker combo...it's a good idea and maybe he'd play better but He won't get into the first team if we play with two strikers either way. He'd still be on the bench and I'd much rather give guys like Theo and Arshavin a chance up front before Cham gets a chance. Arshavin in that free role or Theo playing off the shoulder would benefit the team more. He's going to have to find his form off the bench if he wants first team football.

This.

Not sure why people are defending that waste of space that is Chamakh.

Alan B'stard
07-09-2011, 08:17 PM

he didnt sign himself. we can thanks the manager for that.

Ironing
07-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Look at all you lot, just regurgitating what others say before you. Get your own opinions.

I personally believe Chamakh has a great belief, mental strength, and a desire to win. He is maybe lacking a little bit confidence but he has shown great sharpness in his hair.

Niall_Quinn
07-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Look at all you lot, just regurgitating what others say before you. Get your own opinions.

I personally believe Chamakh has a great belief, mental strength, and a desire to win. He is maybe lacking a little bit confidence but he has shown great sharpness in his hair.

"Chamakh is shit" is my catch phrase, pretty much my whole act. I did it first, I broke the ground, paved the way. Provided Chamakh never leaves I have a good thing going here so don't try to ruin to for me. 'kay?

Master Splinter
07-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Provided Chamakh never leaves

:pray:

GP
07-09-2011, 09:47 PM
He will score a goal on Saturday.

Niall_Quinn
07-09-2011, 09:49 PM
He will score a goal on Saturday.

Lunacy.

GP
07-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Lunacy.

I didn't say at which end

IBK
08-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Chamakh - firmly ensconced in place as this season's whipping boy, now Denilson has left. :rolleyes: