PDA

View Full Version : Wilshere out for 2-3 months...

AKBapologist
04-09-2011, 01:29 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7150521,00.html?
:coffee:

GunnerFan4Life
04-09-2011, 01:34 PM
:( theres plenty of season left for him to have an impact, but just praying he's not out for the season.

Power n Glory
04-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Expected and a result of poor management. We overuse players and then rush them back for Champions League games because we haven't got sufficient cover.

We need better medical advisors. Wilshere had his foot in a cast for weeks and as soon as it's off he's training to play in a competitive game. What sort of nonsense is that?

Cripps_orig
04-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Whilshire :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
04-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Time for Ramsey and fatsharvin to step up tbh, how ling is diaby out for.

Coney
04-09-2011, 02:20 PM
OK - so now we find out what Benayoun and Arteta can do a bit sooner than we wanted.

Darth Vela
04-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Expected and a result of poor management. We overuse players and then rush them back for Champions League games because we haven't got sufficient cover.

We need better medical advisors. Wilshere had his foot in a cast for weeks and as soon as it's off he's training to play in a competitive game. What sort of nonsense is that?

Rush them back?

Did Wilshere play against Udinese and I'm going mental? I thought he had been out since halfway through pre-season.

Either way, you're right about the sheer predictability and there *must* be something we can do to help it, I haven't been expecting to see Wilshere till next year in all honesty.

Marc Overmars
04-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Predictable really.

I guess playing as much as he did last year is a contributing factor. No teenager plays that much and it can't have been kind on his body.

Master Splinter
04-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Predictions for next year's Super Crock?

I was right about Wilshere and I'm going for Szczesny to be out for most of next season.

Sagna and Gervinho will also be out for six months minimum.

Gervinho might begin his lay-off this season actually.

Niall_Quinn
04-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Fucking joke. Why do they always fucking lie about the injuries? Remember when he first picked up this slight niggle that might or might not keep him out of the next match? Are the staff at our club so fucking incompetent they can't spot the difference between a broken fingernail and a broken fucking leg? One step forward, two hundred back. Wilshere was the one bright spark in a season that already promises to be pretty much a waste of time. Snuff that out, I guess we won't see him this side of Christmas by which time the season will be over for us. We're fucking cursed.

selassie
04-09-2011, 03:53 PM
:(

I wouldn't be surprised if he missed the entire season.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
04-09-2011, 04:00 PM
not to worry we've got fabregas and nas......................:-(

Alan B'stard
04-09-2011, 04:25 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7150521,00.html?
:coffee:2-3 months. hmm how long did it take to get the drugs out of vermalen and gilberto's systems again?

IBK
04-09-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm afraid that this is most likely down to over playing the boy last season - and here I think AW lets young players down by creating a situation where they can't be used intermittently alongside more mature options. FWIW I think that this was also a reason behind Fabregas' determination to re-join Barca. He was becoming a crock here.

There is something not right in Arsenal's training/conditioning system too. I think that in the obsession with trying to get an edge physically, we are driving players too hard.

GunnerFan4Life
04-09-2011, 07:24 PM
@JackWilshere Jack Wilshere
Hear a lot of people giving our Medical team stick? I can assure I am in very safe hands and we have top class physio's and masseurs! #AFC

Syn
04-09-2011, 07:26 PM
@JackWilshere Jack WilshereHear a lot of people giving our Medical team stick? I can assure I am in very safe hands and we have top class physio's and masseurs! #AFC Think the real medical expert, GP, should start attacking him on twitter again. Jack needs to man the fuck up.

fakeyank
04-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Out for the season then.. good thing we got Arteta, Frimpong and Song.. and of course the great Jew- Yossi!

Cripps_orig
04-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Its ridiculous.

First it was a matter of days, then weeks and now months

Just fuck off (not Wilshere)

Just fuck off generally.

-Xs-
04-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Out for the season

Marc Overmars
04-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Arteta should slot in fine.

Still seems a bit surreal all that deadline activity doesn't it? I always zone out during International breaks because they're a bit shit, so it hasn't really registered yet that we have these newbies.

Niall_Quinn
04-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Arteta should slot in fine.

Still seems a bit surreal all that deadline activity doesn't it? I always zone out during International breaks because they're a bit shit, so it hasn't really registered yet that we have these newbies.

Arteta will play one match and be injured for six months, obviously.

It's us!

Cripps_orig
04-09-2011, 09:31 PM
I can see that happening to Benayoun and then Wenger buying him permanently

Niall_Quinn
04-09-2011, 09:33 PM
I can see that happening to Benayoun and then Wenger buying him permanently

There's no way we should buy this player until we know for sure he has a long term injury. And no faking it either, we need our doctors to confirm he's out for "2 weeks" before pen is put to paper.

Grebbo
04-09-2011, 10:01 PM
I can't see any reason to watch Arsenal now (other than supporting them).

Wilshere was the one player we had left who's great to watch.

What a waste of a season this is. Can't wait for it to be over tbh.

Letters
05-09-2011, 06:58 AM
When he comes back he'll be like a new signing though :cool:

milla
05-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Time for Frimpong and Aneke to step up :good:

BOBN
05-09-2011, 10:48 AM
who remembers when people were saying extra games/going to the u21s wouldnt matter because wilshere is much more robust than walcott? lolz

Darth Vela
05-09-2011, 10:57 AM
I can't see any reason to watch Arsenal now (other than supporting them).

Wilshere was the one player we had left who's great to watch.

What a waste of a season this is. Can't wait for it to be over tbh.

I can't imagine there'd be a better team for a neutral to watch, you either get to watch some nice football or you see a top team get humiliated, it's a little too close to 50/50 for supporters to enjoy though :d

Fist of Lehmann
05-09-2011, 11:03 AM
who remembers when people were saying extra games/going to the u21s wouldnt matter because wilshere is much more robust than walcott? lolzBy 'people' do you mean Stuart Pearce? And by 'Stuart Pearce' do you mean a fucking half-wit?

BOBN
05-09-2011, 11:22 AM
By 'people' do you mean Stuart Pearce? And by 'Stuart Pearce' do you mean a fucking half-wit?
nope, i mean arsenal fans. including some on this forum. mugs eh?

Dog Toffee
05-09-2011, 12:19 PM
The guy played nearly 60 games for Arsenal last season plus England games and U-21 games, plus all the heavy training Wenger puts players through, no wonder he's hurt his poor little ankle.