PDA

View Full Version : How do you support Arsenal?

IBK
04-09-2011, 07:43 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but while this place is on balance negative about our club and manager, I reckon its mostly because we love our club and hurt to see it in relatively bad times.

Personally, I don't see negativity as being a bad supporter - I see it as angst at us failing to fulfill the potential that we did so effectively pre 2005 (pre Wenger is pretty much irrelevant in this regard).

I go to most home games and support the team like most others in the stadium. Forum wise I guess I show my support by generally defending rather than writing off individual players.

How would you say you support Arsenal Football Club?

GunnerFan4Life
04-09-2011, 07:50 PM
I was one of those kids at 11 years old that fell in love with a club from a young age, no real 'background' kind of reason to support. Ever since I got into football by playing it etc Arsenal was one of the clubs I watched and heard alot about it, and my friends and family supported them so once I got into 'supporting' Arsenal its now part of my blood.

There was one point when i was young where i tried to support another team by doing exactly what i did to support AFC but it was so hard, it really does become part of you :O

I can't go to any Emirates matches as its hard to get tickets. Ive seen Arsenal away games when they came to Pompey etc but not a chance at the Emirates. One day though, one day....

IBK
04-09-2011, 07:55 PM
I was one of those kids at 11 years old that fell in love with a club from a young age, no real 'background' kind of reason to support. Ever since I got into football by playing it etc Arsenal was one of the clubs I watched and heard alot about it, and my friends and family supported them so once I got into 'supporting' Arsenal its now part of my blood.

There was one point when i was young where i tried to support another team by doing exactly what i did to support AFC but it was so hard, it really does become part of you :O

I can't go to any Emirates matches as its hard to get tickets. Ive seen Arsenal away games when they came to Pompey etc but not a chance at the Emirates. One day though, one day....

Mate - if I get the opportunity (sometimes have to get rid of tickets) I'll bear you in mind...

GunnerFan4Life
04-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Mate - if I get the opportunity (sometimes have to get rid of tickets) I'll bear you in mind...

Cheers bro, but i gotta consider a things before deciding if i can go to a match and who with and how to get there since I live on the south coast. But if a chance comes then I would do my best to go.

Marc Overmars
04-09-2011, 08:01 PM
I cheer when we win.

I hurt when we lose.

Same as any supporter really.

GP
04-09-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm generally optimistic about things, but then I don't analyze things too much. Don't see much point. It's only football.

And tickets are piss easy to get hold of these days. In fact there are tickets available on ticket exchange for the Swansea game starting at £35.

IBK
04-09-2011, 08:08 PM
I cheer when we win.

I hurt when we lose.

Same as any supporter really.

IMO it goes further than this - for example you have gotten more 'negative' lately. Being an Arsenal supporter at this time forces us to ask questions that don;t arise in the good times. Non?

IBK
04-09-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm generally optimistic about things, but then I don't analyze things too much. Don't see much point. It's only football.

And tickets are piss easy to get hold of these days. In fact there are tickets available on ticket exchange for the Swansea game starting at £35.

Yeah - good point!

Marc Overmars
04-09-2011, 08:26 PM
IMO it goes further than this - for example you have gotten more 'negative' lately. Being an Arsenal supporter at this time forces us to ask questions that don;t arise in the good times. Non?

Sure, things have obviously gone pear shaped over the past few years and that culminated in one of the worst results in our history. Questions needed to be asked. It's just down to ones prerogative on how emotionally attached they find themselves to be. At the end of the day we're all driven by the irrational love of this pointless sport and however we choose to express ourselves it doesn't make us any less of a supporter.

Cripps_orig
04-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Season ticket holder

Niall_Quinn
04-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but while this place is on balance negative about our club and manager, I reckon its mostly because we love our club and hurt to see it in relatively bad times.

Personally, I don't see negativity as being a bad supporter - I see it as angst at us failing to fulfill the potential that we did so effectively pre 2005 (pre Wenger is pretty much irrelevant in this regard).

I go to most home games and support the team like most others in the stadium. Forum wise I guess I show my support by generally defending rather than writing off individual players.

How would you say you support Arsenal Football Club?

Chamakh is shit.