PDA

View Full Version : Oxlade Chamberlain Thread

GunnerFan4Life
07-09-2011, 10:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVDe1cBWFwU

This kid is incredible :o He absolutely ripped it up on his runs! We have to see this kid come on for us. AW said this kid is going to be amazing and he really has a spark about him, the kind of spark when Arshavin got the ball you'd expect something explosive to happen (in his first six months). There was one point in the Man United 8-2 game where a moment caught my eyes where he had the ball and he beat 2 or 3 United players in the middle of the pitch but the way he beat them it seemed so easy for him.

We've got something here.

tairygreen
07-09-2011, 10:05 PM
There is something pure class about him, a calmness on the ball, and an ability to look forward while dribbling. He should get some looks in the Carling Cup, and maybe against some shite clubs.

Özim
07-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Rate this guy very highly, saw him last season and he impressed.

Makes some great runs, can beat players and put crosses in, he's basically what I expected Walcott to be when we signed him, hence the reason I'm massively disappointed by the latter.

GunnerFan4Life
07-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Southampton have said Oxo has more potential than Theo and is technically better and he does look like a natural winger. I think sometimes we forget Theo is really a striker who can play on the wings, but Theo doesn't have the technical skills as a winger, an ability to beat a man whereas Oxo really does.

Cripps_orig
07-09-2011, 10:37 PM
If he turns out half as good as Theo, we have some player.Never seen him play bar the 8-2 game so won't judge him on that.

Ollie the Optimist
07-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Rate this guy very highly, saw him last season and he impressed.

Makes some great runs, can beat players and put crosses in, he's basically what I expected Walcott to be when we signed him, hence the reason I'm massively disappointed by the latter.

fuck me, zimm rating a player wenger signed :faint:

BOBN
07-09-2011, 11:42 PM
yawn at the comparisons to walcott, this boy is basically one of the best in the world in his age group, few players will be anywhere near him technically not just theo.

for instance he makes vermelean look like a combine-harvester.

Thierrymon
08-09-2011, 12:41 AM
If he turns out half as good as Theo, we have some player.Never seen him play bar the 8-2 game so won't judge him on that.

If he does that then we have wasted a lot of money.

fakeyank
08-09-2011, 12:43 AM
He is already better than Theo on the wings. Theo should be played down the middle.. on the wings he is a headless chicken- waste of space!

Cripps_orig
08-09-2011, 12:59 AM
If he does that then we have wasted a lot of money. Some would rightly say we already have wasted a lot of money on a League One pub teamer when that money could have been used for much more needed players or more importantly gone in to Wengers and the Boards pockets

-Xs-
08-09-2011, 02:38 AM
Great! Wenger will have him playing left back in no time at all

Marc Overmars
08-09-2011, 07:38 AM
He looks like a great talent but you could say the same for a lot of young players down the years.

Give him a few seasons first to prove what the hype is all about. This year I imagine he won't play much outside of cup games vs Championship teams and 5-10 mins here or there in games we're winning at a canter.

That is unless he turns out to be a Rooney/Messi esque freak.

BOBN
08-09-2011, 07:49 AM
He looks like a great talent but you could say the same for a lot of young players down the years.

Give him a few seasons first to prove what the hype is all about. This year I imagine he won't play much outside of cup games vs Championship teams and 5-10 mins here or there in games we're winning at a canter.

That is unless he turns out to be a Rooney/Messi esque freak.
tbf wilshere only needed the emirates cup to have everybody sucking his cock, so just 2-3 good games from ugly theo should do it.

some say hes right in that wilshere class already, ive seen nothing from him to make me disagree.

Özim
08-09-2011, 07:59 AM
yawn at the comparisons to walcott, this boy is basically one of the best in the world in his age group, few players will be anywhere near him technically not just theo.

for instance he makes vermelean look like a combine-harvester.
True, plus we all know that Walcott is technically rubbish anyway.

My point was that this is what I expected to see from Walcott when we spent such a large amount getting him from a championship team with barely any games under his belt.

Syn
08-09-2011, 08:37 AM
This oxo guy...Know nothing about him. Starts with a clean slate. does he play on the right or the left?

GP
08-09-2011, 08:48 AM
This oxo guy...Know nothing about him. Starts with a clean slate. does he play on the right or the left?

Yep

Power n Glory
08-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Don't jinx it. When Vela first arrived, we all thought we had the young Eduardo in the squad. Now look. Didn't help matters when we switched to 4-3-3 and played him on the left wing! Wenger. Haven't seen the Ox but I hope he can do a job for us this season.

Tipsychubbs
08-09-2011, 09:31 AM
I remember watching him play live against Man U in the F.A. cup last year. No fear, against the big boys, he seemed like a natural. Vision, awareness, passing, crossing, dribbling, he has such a good all round game, and apparently has been a natural central attacking midfielder in the reserves but was moved to the wing in the Southampton 1st team.

I really like his poise and balance on the ball, he's very very comfortable with it like Wilshere, and his footballing intelligence is quite high for an 18-year old. Also if you look at his build, he is quite stocky in the in upper body strength area, built like an ox and can shrug off challenges.

Plus he played something like 30-40 games last season. He's got huge potential.

Joker
08-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Looks a top class talent. Hopefully Wenger doesn't play him out of position too often or forces him to comply with the "tippy tappy passing" philosophy that doesn't even work for us anymore. He's quick, direct and looks to be a player who'd be lethal on the counter attack. Moreover, he looks an intelligent player who's technically able, judging by that cross for the first goal and the cut back to Lansbury. With Arshavin out of form I think he'll get some chances in the EPL this season. Having players like Chamberlain will allow us to play a more direct style, which will hopefully make us more productive and interesting to watch as well. The slow passing game that we're using at the moment is not yielding results, and is extremely predictable as well.

Coney
08-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Looks a top class talent. Hopefully Wenger doesn't play him out of position too often or forces him to comply with the "tippy tappy passing" philosophy that doesn't even work for us anymore. He's quick, direct and looks to be a player who'd be lethal on the counter attack. Moreover, he looks an intelligent player who's technically able, judging by that cross for the first goal and the cut back to Lansbury. With Arshavin out of form I think he'll get some chances in the EPL this season. Having players like Chamberlain will allow us to play a more direct style, which will hopefully make us more productive and interesting to watch as well. The slow passing game that we're using at the moment is not yielding results, and is extremely predictable as well.

I'm definitely with you on that. It pisses me off when we supposedly have fast and fit players and we take years getting the ball out of defence after an opposition attack. We have got fit players, they do have skill, so why are we not trying to take advantage that as the opposition's attack breaks down, we should be getting the ball up the other end and going for it while their defence is not in place.

Edit: - also, if we establish the old reputation of being dangerous on the break, teams will start putting fewer players up in attack and this will help our own defence and prehaps reduce our 'goals against' tally.

Master Splinter
08-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Never seen him play bar the 8-2 game so won't judge him on that.

:faint:

Losing your WUM touch?

Ach :rose:.

dazthegooner
08-09-2011, 05:07 PM
I do remember in the days of Henry when turn coat manc pat used to collect the ball pass to overmars then all of a sudden GOAL!!

Cripps_orig
28-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain could see his weekly wages at Arsenal doubled to £50,000 this summer, with Arsene Wenger keen to offload some players and offer key figures better deals according to reports in The Daily Telegraph.

The Gunners are said to be close to breaking even on their turnover, which in turn means that earners such as the likes of Andrey Arshavin, Nicklas Bendtner and Marouane Chamakh could be forced to move on to make sure that the club is financially healthy.

Despite Robin van Persie and Theo Walcott being due for contract talks after the season, the rapid emergence of 18-year-old Oxlade-Chamberlain means that he, too, can expect an improved deal.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain can be backed at 8.00 with 188Bet to score the first goal when Arsenal face QPR in their next Premier League match on March 31.

Although the winger spent last season plying his trade in League One with Southampton, Wenger is said to be very impressed with his midfielder's progress and believes that he merits a bigger contract.

It is thought this will mean doubling his current £25,000-per-week wages. However, the new deal hinges on whether or not Arsenal can offload their bit-part players in the summer.

It is also rumoured that the Gunners will announce the signing of German international Lukas Poldolski in the coming weeks for around £11 million.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/28/2997067/oxlade-chamberlain-could-double-his-wages-at-arsenal-report

:doh:

Power n Glory
28-03-2012, 09:38 PM
I don't care how good the kid is he doesn't deserve a new contract and it's this sort of stupidity that spoils players. He's been here for 5 minutes and it would be stupid to give him a contract now. Sort out RVP's and Theo's contracts before offering anything to anyone else. Alex isn't going anywhere soon and has yet to play a full season in the first team. His motivation right now is to prove himself and get into the first team. Let him prove that first and then let him play to earn a bigger contract.

It's a senseless model we have going on and another example of a mismanagement of funds. How paranoid are we about young players leaving for other clubs? Ox isn't going to leave after one season and this sort of reward just spoils players. Let him earn the big pay rise. Way too quick for this. I don't see the sense in this strategy and I've heard Wenger's paranoid theory about player wages but a club like City or Chelsea could easily trump our wage offer if they really wanted the guy. But surely, as a young player he's smart enough to know that he'll get more game time and a better education for his age here rather than anywhere else. The kid would be happy to stay here for another two years on his current wages and would likely to renew later for £30k to £50k when talks are due. Policy needs a rethink. It's obvious the money is there.

Cripps_orig
28-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Just hope Ox doesnt go the way of other youngsters we have given big bucks to and think they have made it and therefore dont have to give it their all anymore.

Plays such as Bendtner, Denilson, Diaby etc

Syn
28-03-2012, 11:11 PM
I don't believe half the shit about the contract stories. I didn't believe it when Theo was apparently demanding 80k a week and I don't believe this. But I think that Oxlade is at the level of players (not just Arsenal, but generally) who earn a lot of money. When players around you like Ramsey and Wilshere are on, say, £50k+, you probably expect something similar if you're performing at the same level. What's Downing on at Liverpool? Or Valencia at Man Utd? We're talking crazy figures across the board. And out of the youngsters, Oxlade isn't really a 'maybe' any more.

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-03-2012, 11:34 AM
I don't believe half the shit about the contract stories. I didn't believe it when Theo was apparently demanding 80k a week and I don't believe this. But I think that Oxlade is at the level of players (not just Arsenal, but generally) who earn a lot of money. When players around you like Ramsey and Wilshere are on, say, £50k+, you probably expect something similar if you're performing at the same level. What's Downing on at Liverpool? Or Valencia at Man Utd? We're talking crazy figures across the board. And out of the youngsters, Oxlade isn't really a 'maybe' any more.
I'd say probably about £80k/week.

He's been well worth it...

Syn
29-03-2012, 11:38 AM
:shrug: Exactly. It's not just Liverpool, I'm sure Lennon at Tottenham isn't on peanuts. It's not a case of 'Oxlade's not going anywhere therefore we can pay him what we like' - if you're paying Theo a lot of money and Oxlade is going to play a bigger role, he'll be wondering why he isn't getting paid at least the same.

But as I said, I don't really believe these contract stories anyway. How do they know what money players are on? They're just guessing - the same as us.

Cripps_orig
29-03-2012, 11:40 AM
The point is Ox has been in football and played for us for 5 minutes and already getting a wage increase.

Same mistake we made with other "wonderkids" who have fallen by the wayside

We never learn

Olivier's xmas twist
29-03-2012, 11:43 AM
The point is Ox has been in football and played for us for 5 minutes and already getting a wage increase.

Same mistake we made with other "wonderkids" who have fallen by the wayside

We never learn

Thats football these days its not just our club that does ot most do, if you want to keep your players you have to give them a good wage.

Not saying its right but its the way the game has gone. However we don't know how true it is, id take these stories with a pinch of salt.

Why would goal.com know what were doing with our wages.

Cripps_orig
29-03-2012, 11:46 AM
They dont. Daily Telegraph claims it and we've done it before so it's likely to be true.

Hiding behind the "how will they know whats going on?" to defend Wenger doesnt wash these days

Syn
29-03-2012, 11:47 AM

If you believe the goal.com/Telegraph.

He has made 20 odd appearances and shown enough that is he going to be a starter next season. As far as 'wonderkids' go, he's a safe bet. The only other one is Wilshere. Like it or not, these 'wonderkids' are a key part of our squad. I suppose you think Ramsey is another wonderkid we've prematurely spunked a new contract at. But he has played 36 games in a side that is 3rd in the league. What makes you think Ramsey earns any more than Mikel at Chelsea. What about Adam when he was signed for Liverpool or Parker at Tottenham? It's silly money across the board. It looks bad on our part only because many of our first-team regulars are youngsters but you don't get paid on your age, you get paid for the role you're going to play.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-03-2012, 11:51 AM
They dont. Daily Telegraph claims it and we've done it before so it's likely to be true.

Hiding behind the "how will they know whats going on?" to defend Wenger doesnt wash these days

Stop being a twat, i never defended wenger at all stop trying to twist things like you always do. But hey i forgot you know everything.

Cripps_orig
29-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Stop being a twat, i never defended wenger at all stop trying to twist things like you always do. But hey i forgot you know everything.:lol:

Welcome back

Cripps_orig
29-03-2012, 11:55 AM
If you believe the goal.com/Telegraph.

He has made 20 odd appearances and shown enough that is he going to be a starter next season. As far as 'wonderkids' go, he's a safe bet. The only other one is Wilshere. Like it or not, these 'wonderkids' are a key part of our squad. I suppose you think Ramsey is another wonderkid we've prematurely spunked a new contract at. But he has played 36 games in a side that is 3rd in the league. What makes you think Ramsey earns any more than Mikel at Chelsea. What about Adam when he was signed for Liverpool or Parker at Tottenham? It's silly money across the board. It looks bad on our part only because many of our first-team regulars are youngsters but you don't get paid on your age, you get paid for the role you're going to play.Adam and Parker have proved their worth elsewhere to get the wages they got at Liverpool and Spuds.

Ox and previous "wonderkids" have done nothing of the sort for us or previous clubs.

If what you say is true and he will get paid for the role he will play, surely its a good idea to let him play that role first before giving him a wage increase.

LDG
29-03-2012, 11:59 AM
AOC deserves a payrise for the straight face he kept on that Jenko Haircut special report alone.

:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-03-2012, 12:01 PM
:lol:

Welcome back

Id say the same to you, but your still the same twit you always are.

Cripps_orig
29-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Id say the same to you, but your still the same twit you always are.Plus i didnt actually go anywhere tbh

Agree with the rest of your post though

Dennis Bendtner
29-03-2012, 12:02 PM
It's probably true. We did the same with Wilshere and Ramsey signing new contracts in short time-spans. Probably a load of others that no-one noticed.

Cripps_orig
29-03-2012, 12:03 PM
It's probably true. We did the same with Wilshere and Ramsey signing new contracts in short time-spans. Probably a load of others that no-one noticed.Exactly.

But lets ignore that and defend Wenger instead by saying how would Goal know?

:charlie:

Syn
29-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Adam and Parker have proved their worth elsewhere to get the wages they got at Liverpool and Spuds.

Ox and previous "wonderkids" have done nothing of the sort for us or previous clubs.

They haven't proved they can cope at the highest level at all. The only difference is age.

As far as wonderkids go, Ox is a safe bet.

If what you say is true and he will get paid for the role he will play, surely its a good idea to let him play that role first before giving him a wage increase.

Maybe we will. This is just paper rubbish. Until we see it on Arsenal.com, I don't see the point of throwing a hissy fit really. Or maybe constantly winning means we need to create some sort of drama out of nothing.

Dennis Bendtner
29-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Exactly.

No no no. Don't misrepresent. Goal are a bunch of clueless clowns. It's just a fairly safe educated guess.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Exactly.

Where did i defend him you prick show me.

LDG
29-03-2012, 12:36 PM

Cripps_orig
29-03-2012, 12:45 PM
They haven't proved they can cope at the highest level at all. The only difference is age.

As far as wonderkids go, Ox is a safe bet. Parker has tbh. Brilliant for clubs and country this past 2 years

As for safe bets, no such thing. Our injury record which ive always said is our number one problem makes sure of that

Maybe we will. This is just paper rubbish. Until we see it on Arsenal.com, I don't see the point of throwing a hissy fit really. Or maybe constantly winning means we need to create some sort of drama out of nothing.We've done it before. Hardly surprising if its true

Cripps_orig
29-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Where did i defend him you prick show me.:haha:

You have been missed.

Never leave again

Marc Overmars
29-03-2012, 12:47 PM

Angry Charlie doesn't scare me.

Syn
29-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Parker has tbh. Brilliant for clubs and country this past 2 years

As for safe bets, no such thing. Our injury record which ive always said is our number one problem makes sure of that

We've done it before. Hardly surprising if its true

We don't know whether a new contract is being offered and, particularly, even if it is being offered - how much the contract is worth. If the touted figure of doubling his £25k salary is quoted, £50k a week is the going rate for Oxlade at any club. If he was a Man Utd player, that's how much he'd be on. If he was a Tottenham player, that's how much he'd be on. If he was a Chelsea player, he'd probably be on more.

I've already argued for performance-related pay and in an ideal world everyone would get paid based on how well they perform. But in absence of that, new contracts are offered on the basis of what they're likely to do rather than what they have done. That's the case everywhere. What makes people think we're pissing away a lot on youngsters is the age.

People think an 18 year old shouldn't be earning as much as a 30 year old - and that's the bottom line. But it just so happens that for our club, 18-21 year olds are important members of the squad whereas for most other clubs, this is not the case. Then your argument is that maybe this 18 year old won't turn out to be an important member of the squad...he is going to be a regular next season. There's no maybe about it..it's happening. If you want to account for risk of injuries, we shouldn't renew Van Persie's contract. What we pay them has nothing to do with age but more their role in the side.

I do think there is a mismanagement of wage handouts but not for these youngsters - more on the end of the squaddies that hardly ever play/4th choice; Djourou, Squillaci, Park, Diaby, Chamakh etc. If you think Oxlade is not going to play at least as big a role as Lennon or Downing or Valencia - in terms of how important they are for a top 4 side - then I'm sure you're in the minority.

Fist of Lehmann
29-03-2012, 01:12 PM
It's worth remembering that if he is in line for a pay increase that this is probably a step-up clause in his original contract and not a new contract in and of itself.

One of the main reasons we are able to attract these sought after youngsters is the contracts we offer. The step-up clause may be triggered automatically by number of games played or even just after a certain time has elapsed.

So, before you starting jumping up and down, bear in mind that his signing in the first place was in some way smoothed by this auto-triggered pay rise.

Your face.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-03-2012, 03:19 PM

You have been missed.

Never leave again

Never left just took a short break.

Angry Charlie doesn't scare me.

Thats not me being Angry though.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-03-2012, 03:20 PM
It's worth remembering that if he is in line for a pay increase that this is probably a step-up clause in his original contract and not a new contract in and of itself.

One of the main reasons we are able to attract these sought after youngsters is the contracts we offer. The step-up clause may be triggered automatically by number of games played or even just after a certain time has elapsed.

So, before you starting jumping up and down, bear in mind that his signing in the first place was in some way smoothed by this auto-triggered pay rise.

Your face.

Top post FOL.

fakeyank
29-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Where did i defend him you prick show me.

Charlie :hug:

Power n Glory
29-03-2012, 08:24 PM
We don't know whether a new contract is being offered and, particularly, even if it is being offered - how much the contract is worth. If the touted figure of doubling his £25k salary is quoted, £50k a week is the going rate for Oxlade at any club. If he was a Man Utd player, that's how much he'd be on. If he was a Tottenham player, that's how much he'd be on. If he was a Chelsea player, he'd probably be on more.

I've already argued for performance-related pay and in an ideal world everyone would get paid based on how well they perform. But in absence of that, new contracts are offered on the basis of what they're likely to do rather than what they have done. That's the case everywhere. What makes people think we're pissing away a lot on youngsters is the age.

People think an 18 year old shouldn't be earning as much as a 30 year old - and that's the bottom line. But it just so happens that for our club, 18-21 year olds are important members of the squad whereas for most other clubs, this is not the case. Then your argument is that maybe this 18 year old won't turn out to be an important member of the squad...he is going to be a regular next season. There's no maybe about it..it's happening. If you want to account for risk of injuries, we shouldn't renew Van Persie's contract. What we pay them has nothing to do with age but more their role in the side.

I do think there is a mismanagement of wage handouts but not for these youngsters - more on the end of the squaddies that hardly ever play/4th choice; Djourou, Squillaci, Park, Diaby, Chamakh etc. If you think Oxlade is not going to play at least as big a role as Lennon or Downing or Valencia - in terms of how important they are for a top 4 side - then I'm sure you're in the minority.

I'm not saying he shouldn't get paid so much because he's 18, I'm saying it because he's still in the first year of his contract and only just started playing first team football with us. He's not a guaranteed first team starter yet and that in its self seems to break our policy on what a first team player should be earning. Also, I don't think these kids are focused on money at this stage of their career. It should be all about making it big and paying your dues on the field at this stage. Too much too soon can lead to all sorts of distractions off the pitch. It's not good.

The kid has hardly done a lap and Wenger is already calling him in for a pit stop for a fresh set of tyres. Excuse the bad comparison. Just saying we've making this sort of call too early. If we're comparing other teams, does anyone know how much Walker is earning for Spurs? Or if Hernandez was offered a new improved deal after his first year? Just seems like a bad policy to me. He did something similar with Wilshere but that was at least after a first team run for a season. I don't think this story is far fetched at all.

cricketsi
30-03-2012, 04:13 AM
Or if Hernandez was offered a new improved deal after his first year?.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2011/Oct/javier-hernandez-signs-new-five-year-contract.aspx:whistle:

I agree though, unless we only had him on a 3 year deal initially there's probably no need for a new contract at the present time.

Marc Overmars
30-03-2012, 07:21 AM
Ideally players should have to do a lot more than play well in about 10 games to bump up their contact, but that's just the way it is. If Oxo is to get an improved deal I don't think it's going to be OTT in terms of the going rate.

Our problems with wages are well documented in that we pay squad players a lot more than our rivals do with theirs. Hence why we have so much deadwood in the squad. I'd be happy to see us pay our best players huge amounts as long as players who clearly have no use or future at the club aren't paid more than their worth as well.

Power n Glory
30-03-2012, 07:28 AM
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2011/Oct/javier-hernandez-signs-new-five-year-contract.aspx:whistle:

I agree though, unless we only had him on a 3 year deal initially there's probably no need for a new contract at the present time.

Hernandez helped them win a league title and scored 23 goals in 50 odd appearances. I can understand if a player racks up those sort of numbers. Ox has made 14 league appearances and 4 goals. We've seen players like Chamakh and Nasri have longer runs of good form and then fall off. He's an obvious talent but I think we're rushing things.

fakeyank
30-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Hernandez helped them win a league title and scored 23 goals in 50 odd appearances. I can understand if a player racks up those sort of numbers. Ox has made 14 league appearances and 4 goals. We've seen players like Chamakh and Nasri have longer runs of good form and then fall off. He's an obvious talent but I think we're rushing things.

:gp:

GP
30-03-2012, 08:43 AM

Spot on.

Power n Glory
30-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Spot on.

I disagree with this. Most clubs don’t pay young players based on potential. Hernandez got his pay rise after 50 odd games, 23 goals and helping United win the title.

Paying based on potential is what leads to this over paid wages mess in the first place. Especially after a few months of good form.

Besides Squallaci and Park, players like Diaby, Djourou, Chamakh, Denilson, Bendy...etc all had months where they looked like solid players for us. We jumped the gun and offered them high wages and now we can’t move them on because they’re paid way too much. It’s not so much of a worry for Alex, because I think the kid is great but it’s a bad policy and we shouldn’t be paying based on potential because they still have to fulfil it. Wenger over commits to these players when he offers such a huge pay rise. Denilson was overplayed for seasons and a part of me thinks it was down to the wages. The same goes for playing Bendy out wide and the amount of times Chamakh gets called on as sub even though we know he’s never going to score. When you’re paying a player that much, it’s much harder to leave them out of the squad and not use them. You want to make it work because you’ve invested so much.

GP
30-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Spot on.

Cripps_orig
03-04-2012, 09:27 PM
ALEX OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN wants to gatecrash England’s squad for Euro 2012.

And the Arsenal speedster is boldly predicting victory for the Three Lions this summer.

The 18-year-old has earned rave reviews for his performances this year in both the Premier League and Champions League.

And while no full time England manager is in place, Oxlade-Chamberlain hopes whoever replaces Fabio Capello permanently has been watching him.

He said: “It would be very nice but I don’t get too far ahead of myself or get carried away.

“There are a lot of good teams like Spain and Holland, but you have to say England have what it takes to get to the final and even win it.

“We have a lot of really good players in this country and a lot of experienced players.”

Oxlade-Chamberlain is one of several Arsenal youngsters who have put their hands up for Euro 2012, with Jack Wilshere and Theo Walcott also in the frame.

He said: “The fact that they are pushing on already and are in the England squad, while playing week in week out in the Premier League, can only be good.

“There are a lot of English players coming through, such as the likes of Danny Welbeck and Kyle Walker, while at Arsenal we have the likes of Jack Wilshere and Theo.

“As long as everyone keeps progressing as they are at the moment, it will be good for England’s future.

“We have a lot of English talent here at Arsenal and we will all be working hard to get into the national team.

“The longer you play with people, the better you get to know them.

“You bond, and being around the same players means that you bounce off each other. It will be good for the future.

“For their age, they are all really mature and fearless.

“You forget how young Jack is — he is such a confident lad — but at the same time they are all humble as well.

“When it comes to football, they are really focused and just get on with the job.

“They are technically very good and have the right mindsets to become world-class players.”

Oxlade-Chamberlain knows he must continue performing for Arsenal if he is to stand any chance of booking a place on the plane to Poland and Ukraine.

The Gunners are currently in a four-way battle to secure Champions League football next season, with arch-rivals Tottenham level on points, and Chelsea and Newcastle a further five behind.

Oxlade-Chamberlain added: “My main focus is to see the end of the season out with Arsenal and help us do as well as we can.

“We have a long way to go to get a Champions League spot and hopefully top three as well.

“It would be very nice, but one step at a time is the way to go.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4236686/Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain-wants-England-call-for-Euro-2012.html

Surely he should concentrate on being in our first team first?

Joker
04-04-2012, 09:30 AM
He should be in our first team, the only reason he's not is Wenger's strange decision to play Ramsey (and Gervinho) ahead of him.

Coney
04-04-2012, 12:19 PM
He should be in our first team, the only reason he's not is Wenger's strange decision to play Ramsey (and Gervinho) ahead of him.

Finally something I can agree with. :good:

Cripps_orig
04-04-2012, 01:04 PM
He should be in our first team, the only reason he's not is WengerThis

toothless gibbon
05-04-2012, 04:19 PM
The reason he's not playing in the Southampton first team is because of Wenger.

selassie
10-04-2012, 10:19 PM
This boy is a MAJOR talent, top tier talent like Chesney & Jack. Seriously, if he's developed properly he will turn into a World Class Player. He has it all IMHO.

I understand to a degree why Arsene is holding him back at the moment, he's still very young, still slightly raw, though his "superior" talent masks his rawness to a degree. I want him in the team ahead of all the other options who we have playing on the left side of the attack but we need to be careful with him, we don't want him crocked for an entire season like Jack, Arsene obviously has this at the back of his mind.

I do think that if he continues to develop the way he has this season the choice of keeping him under wraps will be taken out of Arsene's hands, assuming he remains injury free the boy will be first choice by the end of next season. He's a major talent and we're lucky to have him.

Grebbo
12-04-2012, 01:44 PM
He's not playing much is he?!

Even against cannon fodder like last night.

Strange.

:unsure:

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Wenger knows

Syn
12-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Wenger is basically preventing his chances of playing in the Euros (which have all but disappeared unless Gervinho and Benayoun get injured tomorrow, Walcott, Young and Lennon get injured too...and he plays the remaining 5 games and does very well especially in the high profile game against Chelsea).

No doubt in my mind that Oxlade had a pretty good chance of making the Euros if he had started as many games as Walcott in the past couple of months.

Or the other explanation is that Wenger is crippled by fear after Wilshere's injury...so little run outs every game are enough for him at this stage.

RomfordPele
12-04-2012, 01:58 PM
He's not playing much is he?!

Even against cannon fodder like last night.

Strange.

:unsure:

Wonder if it's something to do with his contract - if he makes X number of starts in a first season then that triggers extra payment to Southampton? It would take a board consisting of tight, short-sighted, money-grabbing bastards to do that though. Oh wait.

Marc Overmars
12-04-2012, 02:01 PM
He should start against Wigan really. They'll play football, it will be an open game so there's no need for the added defensive nous of Yossi.

I don't see the point in holding him back. Of course we don't want another Wilshere situation, but Jack played 50 games last year, Oxlade has played what, 12? How many of those games has he completed 90 mins as well?

WUMger's gonna WUM.

LDG
12-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Wonder if it's something to do with his contract - if he makes X number of starts in a first season then that triggers extra payment to Southampton? It would take a board consisting of tight, short-sighted, money-grabbing bastards to do that though. Oh wait.

Fist of Lehmann
12-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Gotta love this kid's passion, he's just mental for playing football.

Anyone see his reaction at the final whistle last night? Very similar to his reaction when Ramsey blazed high and wide. He was all like "Oh FUCK OFF referee!"

If Wenger don't give him more minutes he's gonna explode.

LDG
12-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Gotta love this kid's passion, he's just mental for playing football.

Anyone see his reaction at the final whistle last night? Very similar to his reaction when Ramsey blazed high and wide. He was all like "Oh FUCK OFF referee!"

If Wenger don't give him more minutes he's gonna explode.

I know! I saw that :lol:

He was just about to arse-rocket himself upfield, as we were on the break from the brummies corner, and the ref blew just as he was tearing away with it.

Turned to the ref and started going "Fucksake!!!!!!"

Marc Overmars
12-04-2012, 03:01 PM
That enthusiasm set Rooney apart from a young age.

Oxo is the same.

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 03:17 PM
I hope Ox is as good as Welbeck some day....:lol:

GP
12-04-2012, 03:17 PM
That enthusiasm set Rooney apart from a young age.

Oxo is the same.

Rooney is a ****.

The Ogg Monster
12-04-2012, 05:09 PM
...****.

Grebbo
17-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Best player on the pitch at home to Citeh in the Carling Cup

Best player on the pitch at home to Man U in the Prem

Best player on the pitch at home to AC Milan in the Champs Lge

And Bennayoun, Ramsey and Gervinho are picked ahead of him for Wigan at home.

WHAT.
THE.
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Wenger knows

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Best player on the pitch at home to Citeh in the Carling Cup

Best player on the pitch at home to Man U in the Prem

Best player on the pitch at home to AC Milan in the Champs Lge

And Bennayoun, Ramsey and Gervinho are picked ahead of him for Wigan at home.

WHAT.
THE.
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tbh he have not been any more better then any of the team yesterday. FFS we should not have to rely on an 18 year old kid should we.

Syn
17-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Well he had about 15 mins against opposition that's camped in their own penalty box and even then he showed better drive than the other attackers. He is a lot better than the other options at the moment. I really don't understand why he isn't starting games.

Grebbo
17-04-2012, 11:43 AM
tbh he have not been any more better then any of the team yesterday. FFS we should not have to rely on an 18 year old kid should we.

I thought he looked like the most threatening player on the pitch when he came on.

The whole situation is baffling.

Power n Glory
17-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Well he had about 15 mins against opposition that's camped in their own penalty box and even then he showed better drive than the other attackers. He is a lot better than the other options at the moment. I really don't understand why he isn't starting games.

It's probably to do with what happend to Wilshere. He overplayed him and has gone to the extreme with Ox.

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 12:10 PM
It's probably to do with what happend to Wilshere. He overplayed him and has gone to the extreme with Ox.Wilshere played 50+ games last season and wasnt his injury from an actual match at the Emirates Cup rather than too much football?

Ox has played 5 minutes

Wenger is doing nothing more than trying to prove a point that we dont need Ox yet and hes failing miserably

Syn
17-04-2012, 12:14 PM
It's probably to do with what happend to Wilshere. He overplayed him and has gone to the extreme with Ox.

I think that too. Or maybe Wenger doesn't want him to go to the Euros. Even a single hat-trick against (and nothing else) will generate a lot of fuss. He's nominated for Young Player of the Year despite only playing a handful of games - chuck in a decent run of games now and he'll be on the plane.

In either case, it's not really helping. Oxlade seems to have his head screwed on right - the hype won't affect him. He just seems to want to play football. Rooney at 18 was a regular. If you play him for 50 games in the season (like Wenger did Wilshere) then that's probably no good either. But the number of starts Oxlade has had is in single figures. With only 4 games left, and the pressure now back on, he has to start.

There was a bit of debate over whether Wilshere was actually quality. Ramsey and others, too. But are we all agreed that Oxlade is our best option out wide atm? I think the fan hype is justified here. It seems to be the most obvious choice. After the mystery over the Park signing, this is the second big weird decision Wenger has made this season.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Wilshere played 50+ games last season and wasnt his injury from an actual match at the Emirates Cup rather than too much football?

Ox has played 5 minutes

Wenger is doing nothing more than trying to prove a point that we dont need Ox yet and hes failing miserably

And if he played him 50 times and he gets injured you be blaming wenger for overplaying him.and for someone who thinks OX is overhyped as you use to say now you defend him.

Wenger knows how good he is but knows we can't rely on him.

wenger has said he does not want to risk him i doubt he not play him to prove a point.

Maybe Like syn said he does not want him going to the euros and being exposed.

but with wenger who knows.

Grebbo
14-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Seasons biggest mystery for me was why didn't Ox play in the last few weeks?

Even yesterday, when we could have finished 4th or 5th, he didn't get a look in.

He is one of our best players!

Coq, Ramsey, Gervinho - the latter two being utter dross and Coq being inexperienced - all play ahead of him!

WTF!

This keeping him out of the euros thing is nonsense IMO. We were at risk of finishing 4th/5th - fuck the euros. And anyway, Wilshere didn't get injured because of England over playing him, it was Wenger who played him for 50+ games in his debut season.

I can only think Wenger doesn't trust him.

I think the boy isn't hungry enough. I mean look at this tweet last night - surely he should be disappointed at not playing??

15h Alex Ox-Chamberlain ‏ @Alex_OxChambo
Great way to end the season, I'm absolutely buzzin! #AFC

Marc Overmars
14-05-2012, 09:03 AM
I'm sure we'll see more of him next year but it was disappointing to see him underused considering the game time shit like Gervais got.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Arsenal winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has revealed Arsene Wenger is helping him improve the defensive side of his play.

The former Southampton winger enjoyed an impressive debut campaign with the Gunners last season but insisted he is keen to improve his all-round game.

“There are always lots of errors the boss speaks to me about,” Oxlade-Chamberlain admitted to The Sun.

Another injury blow for Arsenal

Tomas Rosicky is expected to be out for two months after Achilles surgery
“He wants to fine-tune my whole game and make me a better player. I think I have to be more assertive defensively to be a better player.

“I will hold my hands up for that. Defending is not a natural side of my game, but it is equally as important, particularly when you are playing in the Premier League.

“So I have to work on defending and I think I can improve on that — that is the main aim.

“I am really looking forward to the start of the season. I am taking it step-by-step and the first aim is to make sure I am fully fit for the start of the season, to get the best chance to get in the team.

“I know it won’t be easy. The new signings are really good while we have good talent here coming through, so if I do manage to get into the Arsenal team, I need to try and stay in there.”

The midfielder scored four times and assisted three goals last season in 26 appearances, but accepted more results were needed from him in the attacking third to cement his place in the team.

“Being more of an attacking player, I need to score more goals and get more assists,” Oxlade-Chamberlain added. “That wins games and people notice that.

“I will always put my own style on things, which is taking people on and being an exciting player to watch. You have to have that confidence otherwise you won’t go anywhere. If you don’t believe in yourself, no one else will.

“But you also have to keep your feet on the ground, realise it is a very hard league and you cannot take your foot off the gas at any time.

Oxlade-Chamberlain was included in England's Euro 2012 squad and described his delight at starting the Three Lions' first game against France and the disappointment of the quarter-final defeat to Italy.

“To get the nod in the first game against France was unbelievable,” he continued. “It doesn’t get any better than that. For the boss to pick me in the other games off the bench was also brilliant.

“The Italy game was just horrible, the fact we lost. You could see how hard the boys worked for 120 minutes. I learned a lot from that game, watching our boys but also from Andrea Pirlo.

“Maybe some people don’t think I am a central midfielder, some people think I am a winger, but to see quality like that on the pitch was something.

“I will learn a lot from that and how to defend against someone like him. It was a good learning curve but still heart-breaking in terms of the way we went out of the competition.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/26/3266397/arsenal-winger-oxlade-chamberlain-keen-to-hone-defensive

If he sorts that out, he could possibly play in the middle

Power n Glory
26-07-2012, 11:32 AM
“Being more of an attacking player, I need to score more goals and get more assists,” Oxlade-Chamberlain added. “That wins games and people notice that.

What people? Has he got an eye for the exit door already. :lol:

Top player and hope to see more of him this season.

Syn
15-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Oxlade-Chamberlain - I want to excite fans

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain says that while he is always keen to excite the Arsenal fans, it is not always possible as the requirements of the team must come first.

The 19-year-old enjoyed a hugely-successful debut campaign at the Club, being nominated for the PFA Young Player of the Season award and winning a call-up to the England squad for Euro 2012.

The teenager is determined to continue his rapid rise in the coming campaign, and says the expectations he places upon himself are as high as anyone's.

“You just have to look at somebody like [Lionel] Messi,” Oxlade-Chamberlain told Arsenal Player. “Whenever I watch him play, I am expecting him to do something amazing.

"I like to take people on and be an exciting player, that is just my game. People expect you to be exciting all the time but sometimes you just have those matches where that side of the game is not coming off or you are working harder to defend for the team and keep it simple.

“Then some people might think 'oh, he didn't play well today' because they are expecting you to take players on all the time.

“But everybody in the team has got massive expectations on them. Every time we step on to the pitch we are trying to do our best because we have a massive responsibility to try to get results.

“I wouldn't say you think about it too much because it is all part of your job and you have to deal with it. More than anything, I put that expectation upon myself.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/oxlade-chamberlain-i-want-to-excite-the-fan

Does he ever say anything different?

"I'm just going go out there and enjoy myself yknow? I'm just going to take players on and play my game and hope for the best..."

Where's he going to play anyway tbf. Hope it's CM until the second coming of Jack.

LDG
15-08-2012, 03:42 PM

Does he ever say anything different?

"I'm just going go out there and enjoy myself yknow? I'm just going to take players on and play my game and hope for the best..."

Where's he going to play anyway tbf. Hope it's CM until the second coming of Jack.

Depends.

I'd say City. Utd may come calling, but he'll follow the mon.....

Oh....

you mean...

ACM

Defo.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 03:46 PM
On the wing

Left probably with Pod in the middle of the front 3

Cripps_orig
24-08-2012, 11:41 PM
HE has already replaced Wayne Rooney on the cover of one of the country’s most popular computer games.
Now Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain says he is ready to take over from Alex Song as the kingpin of Arsenal’s midfield — by becoming the Emirates’ very own version of Steven Gerrard.
Song became the latest big name to quit the Gunners when he joined Barcelona in a shock £15million switch this week.
But wideboy Oxlade-Chamberlain reckons he has what it takes to step inside and move into the Cameroon star’s role in the centre of the park.
England’s emerging teen sensation said: “They are big shoes to fill but you’ve got that anywhere at Arsenal. In any position you’ve got a big role to play and big shoes to fill. You only have to look back at the Invincibles and the team that won the league — they are massive shoes to fill for us.
“Whenever you’re playing on the pitch you have to step up to the plate and perform.
“Alex Song was a great player for us and he was a big player for us — but we’ve got a strong enough squad. I’m definitely confident of that and I’m definitely confident of filling Alex’s role.”
Oxlade-Chamberlain, who turned 19 this month, has only been at Arsenal for 12 months but is fast becoming one of the hottest names in English football.
So much so that he has knocked his Three Lions team-mate Rooney off the front of FIFA 13.
The Ox admits he plays himself as a striker whenever he plays the popular computer game. And now he is ready to switch positions in real life for the Gunners — by converting to central midfield on a permanent basis following Song’s exit.
The son of ex-England wideman Mark Chamberlain was a winger when he arrived at Arsenal from Southampton in a £15m switch last August.
But Gunners boss Arsene Wenger was already viewing the powerful youngster as a future middleman.
The Ox, speaking as he was unveiled as the face of EA SPORTS FIFA 13, revealed: “I remember on the day I actually signed he asked me where I saw myself playing.
“My dad was in the room and said ‘Centre mid, he’s a midfielder’.
“The boss sort of laughed and said ‘I think he could be as well’. He said maybe to start off with I would be out wide and last season I did play the majority of my games on the wing.
“But the boss has been pushing more this season to try my hand in a more central position.
“If I can prove I can play in that position as well then that will help me and my career at Arsenal.”
Oxlade-Chamberlain, who was in Roy Hodgson’s England squad for the Euros, revealed he models his central midfield game on Three Lions skipper Stevie G.
The young Gunner said: “I’ve been watching him since I was a young lad.
“Back in his early days I remember he used to make bursting runs from deep all the way up front and get in the box and score goals. Frank Lampard used to as well.
“So that’s a side of my game I want to add to — scoring more goals. More in terms of getting myself into the box and having that drive and instinct. Gambling to get to the back post and gambling to get to the front post.
“That way you score more goals. But that comes with experience I think. Once you score one like that you keep doing it.
“I haven’t got that goal yet where I’ve burst into the box. Once I get that one I’m sure I’ll keep on doing it. I’ve just got to improve.” The recent departures of Song and skipper Robin van Persie have left a cloud over the Emirates.
That darkened after Wenger’s men drew 0-0 at home to Sunderland last Saturday.
But Oxlade-Chamberlain, who hopes to return from an ankle injury at Stoke tomorrow, said: “Everyone wrote us off last season after our start and we still finished third.
“We’re all confident players and it’s Arsenal Football Club. If we didn’t believe we were going to win the league then there’s something wrong.
“We keep our feet on the ground and work hard. The manager is as enthusiastic as ever and confident.
“He’s put his faith in us and it’s early doors in the season. We don’t get carried away at all, we just take it game by game.
“I think we can do good things this season and we’re all working hard to make that happen.”
And after another summer exodus at the Emirates, Gooners everywhere can be pleased there is one big name happy to stay at their club.
Oxlade-Chamberlain said: “It’s a really nice place to be. It’s really relaxed and the boys get looked after well.
“When it comes to football, the boss is really serious and we’re all really serious about that.
“But off the pitch we’re in a different environment and a lot of that is down to the people who have been here 15 or 20 years.
“It’s perfect for me. I’m loving every minute of it and I get the same feeling off all the rest of the lads.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4503334/Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain-Let-me-be-Arsenals-new-Song.html#ixzz24VgNvokR

Our very own Stevie G :bow:

Hes an option there i guess and he has to be better than Diaby and Ramsey so give him a go. I fear his dreams of CM will be dashed though cos he will be needed elsewhere in the team

Syn
25-08-2012, 01:30 AM
He's playing CM this season. Cazorla will take Gervinho's spot. Diaby will get a run alongside Oxlade and arteta though. It'll take an own goal and fans vilifying him before arsene gets his head out of his arse.

Cripps_orig
25-08-2012, 01:59 AM
Not too sure about him in the middle iiph

Hes played there, what once for Arsenal?

In a game where he didnt have to do anything but attack. Being better than Diaby and Ramsey doesnt make him the right option

McNamara That Ghost...
25-08-2012, 08:30 AM
He took care of Pirlo and Ambrosini tbf.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/roy595.jpg

Boss
25-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Ox :bow: :bow:

Play him in goal if we have to, he needs to be on the pitch.

Joker
25-08-2012, 11:33 AM
I don't think we'll see him much in the first half of this season due to WUMing by Wenger.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-08-2012, 12:43 PM
I don't think we'll see him much in the first half of this season due to WUMing by Wenger.

Of course we will no way he won't be.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Ox is stubbornly talented and there's a distinct danger of him entertaining the fans. Sticking him in a holding role could correct that but I'm not so sure. He could still produce exciting football so it's probably safest to leave him on the bench and bring him on late so he has less chance to disrupt our style of play. That said, there will be times when it would be prudent to allow him to impress in order to build his reputation and transfer fee.

Syn
25-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Lol

Olivier's xmas twist
25-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Ox is stubbornly talented and there's a distinct danger of him entertaining the fans. Sticking him in a holding role could correct that but I'm not so sure. He could still produce exciting football so it's probably safest to leave him on the bench and bring him on late so he has less chance to disrupt our style of play. That said, there will be times when it would be prudent to allow him to impress in order to build his reputation and transfer fee.

Thats why your a GW Legend

NQ :bow:

Marc Overmars
25-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Oxlade needs to start in midfield tomorrow with Arteta and Cozola.

Kyle?
25-08-2012, 05:08 PM

Grebbo
03-09-2012, 01:18 PM
I thought he was pretty poor against Pool. I expect him to be inconsistent at this level so I'm not surprised but he didn't have a good game at all.

What was slightly concerning was a couple of times he seemed to go down under a fair tackle and not bother getting up to chase back. Instead he looked fucked off, presumably with himself, and took an age to get up off the ground.

I do hope Wenger starts him again against Southampton at home as it's a good game for him and he needs to be given a chance to learn and progress. He's the sort of player who needs to play whereas I think Walcott is the opposite and is the sort of player who is at his best coming off the bench.

Cripps_orig
04-09-2012, 01:30 AM
Hes getting a bumper new contract apparently :rolleyes:

Bergkampwonderland10
04-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Lol...hope Walcott is watching while he signs it.

selassie
10-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Hes getting a bumper new contract apparently :rolleyes:

Yeah I know, getting paid on potential...but to be honest, OX is a supreme talent IMHO, he's going to be a star for both us and England.

I personally don't think Arsene is that bothered about Theo hence why he's not prepared to fight to keep him, in fact I'd go as far as to say Theo is being frozen out of the team by Arsene.

I know this is an OX thread but IMHO Theo needs to be very very careful with the game he's playing, he could very well end up like Michael Owen if his next move isn't a success.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 11:25 AM
I personally don't think Arsene is that bothered about Theo hence why he's not prepared to fight to keep him, in fact I'd go as far as to say Theo is being frozen out of the team by Arsene.

If that was the case th%n Why Keep Theo, why not sell him on deadline day, why even bother try to sort out a deal with him. Its not Wenger thats freezing Theo out the team Its Theo with his silly demands.

selassie
10-09-2012, 11:57 AM
If that was the case then Why Keep Theo, why not sell him on deadline day, why even bother try vo sort out a deal with him. Its not Wenger thats freezing Theo out the team Its Theo with his silly demands.

I suspect he wasn't sold becausg we didn't get

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Theo to Liverpool seems most likely. Utd, the Chavs and City already have much better players than Walcott. Cut price deal too I bet because the contract will almost be up. If we could get Song back on loan then he could play there anyway.

LDG
10-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Theo to Liverpool seems most likely. Utd, the Chavs and City already have much better players than Walcott. Cut price deal too I bet because the contract will almost be up. If we could get Song back on loan then he could play there anyway.

He was a boyhood 'Pool fan anyway. Makes sense.

Shaqiri Is Boss
10-09-2012, 01:50 PM
He was a boyhood 'Pool fan anyway. Makes sense.
Everyone was. But only when they join.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gztJFRQqXgw/TSToR1I4ClI/AAAAAAAABLI/z1FlX2DkvhU/s320/robbie%2Bkeane.%2Bone%2Bteam%2Bin%2Bireland.jpg

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Everyone was. But only when they join.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gztJFRQqXgw/TSToR1I4ClI/AAAAAAAABLI/z1FlX2DkvhU/s320/robbie%2Bkeane.%2Bone%2Bteam%2Bin%2Bireland.jpg

Has he joined again? Another dream come true.

Kano
10-09-2012, 02:17 PM
I suspect he wasn't sold because we didn't get a decent enough offer for him. Theo would have been straight out of the door if one of his suitors would have come forward with a concrete offer that met our valuation.

I don't even think the likes of Chelsea or City who have been touted as suitors for him even need him? Where would he play for them? He'd be another expensive bench warmer for either club, though I suspect both teams have been sounding out Theo to run down his contract so he can get a free.

I think Theo is a decent enough player but he's very replaceable, he's not even guaranteed first choice for us let alone any other decent PL side.

The reason I said frozen out is because I get the impression if this contract offer was signed Theo would be in the team playing regular football. At the end of the day if he wants 100K per week he won't be getting it here, I don't think for one minute Arsene or the board will back down and the fact that we're managing fine without him pretty much backs up their stance.

He'll be sold in January.
bit of a dick move as usual by the board/wenger but that's the norm nowadays. he'll be off no doubt for a career of extremely well paid mediocrity somewhere else.

selassie
10-09-2012, 03:16 PM

Yep, I reckon he'll go to Liverpool too...though I wouldn't completely rule out Utd, aren't they trying to get rid of Nani? Moreover, Theo could be quite useful to them as a squaddie especially since RVC is there.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 03:19 PM
bit of a dick move as usual by the board/wenger but that's the norm nowadays. he'll be off no doubt for a career of extremely well paid mediocrity somewhere else.

Well he has shown this season why he should have been paid the 100k he wanted.

Kano
10-09-2012, 03:22 PM
who cares about the money. its wasted on other mugs in the squad that never play so whats another 30/40k. we're get fleeced either way. it might as well be for someone that will be on the pitch.

selassie
10-09-2012, 03:33 PM

Well he certainly shouldn't be our highest earner, though the issue is more to do with the fact we don't and are not prepared to pay the market rate salary for our star players. The market rate salary for a top 4 club. Saying that Citeh & Chelski have completely distorted the market rate, though we should be paying our star players more than we currently are, but a lot of that is down to our botched wage structure that was implemented by Arsene.

Edited to add: The market rate salary for our star players.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 03:35 PM
who cares about the money. its wasted on other mugs in the squad that never play so whats another 30/40k. we're get fleeced either way. it might as well be for someone that will be on the pitch.

Theo Walcott Obviously.

Kano
10-09-2012, 03:44 PM
i'm sure he is the only one in the squad that does eh

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 03:52 PM
i'm sure he is the only one in the squad that does eh

Never said he was, but as he is holding out for more money then id say he does.

Fist of Lehmann
10-09-2012, 03:55 PM
The problem with giving Walcott £100k is that it would make him the second highest paid player in the squad behind Cazorla.

It's a problem because he is not the second best player in the squad.

If he has looked at all at Cazorla's performances for club and country, compared his own against Moldova and thought 'Yeah, I'm nearly as good as this guy', he needs a serious reality check.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 03:57 PM
The problem with giving Walcott £100k is that it would make him the second highest paid player in the squad behind Cazorla.

It's a problem because he is not the second best player in the squad.

If he has looked at all at Cazorla's performances for club and country, compared his own against Moldova and thought 'Yeah, I'm nearly as good as this guy', he needs a serious reality check.

Grebbo
10-09-2012, 04:17 PM
With Rodgers re-inventing football by implementing an innovative pass and move style to Liverpool why would he want Walcott? A passer Walcott is not.

Cripps_orig
10-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Yeah I know, getting paid on potential...but to be honest, OX is a supreme talent IMHO, he's going to be a star for both us and England.

I know this is an OX thread but IMHO Theo needs to be very very careful with the game he's playing, he could very well end up like Michael Owen if his next move isn't a success.

If true then Wenger is a muppet

A bigger one than he already is

Theo is a better player than Ox atm and therefore should be kept until Ox is ready.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 04:44 PM
If true then Wenger is a muppet

A bigger one than he already is

Theo is a better player than Ox atm and therefore should be kept until Ox is ready.

Showed that on friday. :haha: Theo wishes he was half the player OX is.

Cripps_orig
10-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Showed that on friday. :haha: Theo wishes he was half the player OX is.

What happened on Friday? :unsure:

I know Ox is the flavor of the month atm and thats fine

But im not in the business of critisising one player to praise another.

Im glad we have both.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 04:50 PM

Im glad we have both.

England game.

Cripps_orig
10-09-2012, 04:54 PM
oh

Who gives a fuck about that?

I can just as easily point out Euro 2012 and Ox being a bit shit and Theo being our best player or last season where Theo had goals and assists and Ox apart from one game v Mancs wasnt seen

But like i said, i am not in the business of critisising one player to praise another

I am an Arsenal fan. I support them all

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2012, 05:04 PM

Im glad we have both.

Get the ball, punt the ball (too far), run after it, collapse after running into the defender. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Cripps_orig
10-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Didnt Theo get an assist?

Same as Ox but Theo was on the pitch for a shorter time?

I know people get on Theos back cos they believed all the hype back in 2006 and he was going to be the next Pele whatever and go on to score 50 odd goals a season every season.

I fortunately am a bit more realistic. Hes been fine. Scores goals and assists and scares the shit out of opposing teams. Job well done tbh

Need to sign a new contract though or il join the deluded and clueless crew and say the laughable "he hasnt improved at all since he joined" line which always comes out

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Well I suppose he did get an assist. It was a comedy routine involving himself, Stupidly and some other non-entity. They were all pissing around at the edge of the box trying to get rid of the ball as fast as possible so they wouldn't have to assume responsibility. Eventually Theo fluffed it into Milner's path and donkey boy swung a boot at at it.

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2012, 06:15 PM

I think we should just get rid of Theo but shell out £100k per week giving the money to some random Arsenal Member of the week.

Kano
10-09-2012, 06:57 PM
I think we should just get rid of Theo but shell out £100k per week giving the money to some random Arsenal Member of the week.

too many members to choose from.

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2012, 07:09 PM
too many members to choose from.

Random number generator. :good:

The money could be handed over to members on the pitch at home games in front of the players who could see how deleriously happy each random Gooner is to receive one week's wages.

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2012, 10:39 PM
PHW to win it every week, by pure chance.

Power n Glory
18-11-2012, 09:15 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-accused-of-only-rewarding-alex-1442525

Penny pinchers: Arsenal only offer to reward Oxlade-Chamberlain with less than Chamakh gets
17 Nov 2012 22:30

Gunners are in talks over a new £45,000-a-week contract that still puts him below the likes of Squillaci and Bendtner

Fast learner: Oxlade-Chamberlain is already in the Arsenal and England first
Julian Finney

Arsenal are facing new accusations of penny pinching over their bid to reward Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

The England forward is in negotiations over a new contract, but Arsenal planned to offer him less than flops Marouane Chamakh, Sebastien Squillaci and Nicklas Bendtner.

The trio all earn about £50,000 a week and it is understood Arsenal hoped to treble Oxlade-Chamberlain’s pay packet to £45,000 a week.

Such an offer may seem generous for a 19-year-old, but he has already established himself as a first-team regular for both Arsenal and England, and is rated one of the brightest prospects in Europe.

The news will infuriate Arsenal fans, who are *already angry at the club’s failure to pay their top stars the going rate.

Arsenal want to reward Oxlade-Chamberlain for his whirlwind progression since joining from Southampton last summer. But he is already tied to a long-term contract and there is currently no danger of him quitting the Emirates.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has reiterated he is happy at Arsenal, but they will need to up their offer to £60,000 to sort the issue quickly.

These rags have some nerve assuming they know what Arsenal fans are calling for. They're well off base with this story. Ox still has a lot to prove and has only been here for one season. There is no need to offer anything at this point in time because he's in no danger of leaving and just wants to play, develop and become a regular. I'd be pissed off if we tripled his wages now.

Marc Overmars
18-11-2012, 10:54 AM
I don't think this a problem specific to us at least, Oxlade's status has gone up ten fold and to avoid his agent whispering in his ear I think it's probably wise to get him tied down long term on a wage that's in line with what a regular England international gets.

Niall_Quinn
18-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Football is one giant looney bin. The kid has only just joined. But a new contract is already expected?

Simple steps to cleaning up football.

1. All agents to be killed. These vermin are a blight on humanity and serve no purpose other than to enrich themselves at the expense of the game we follow. They should be exterminated, as you would do with any other harmful pest. Invite them a an agent's convention, lay on free drinks and free whores, lock the doors and pump cyanide gas in. Suddenly football is speeding on the road to recovery.

2. Players who break their contracts should be banned from playing until the contract expires. A breach of contract should carry a penalty. The European Court should have to pay compensation to the club for each week the player is not available - say £50K a week. Then we'd see how quickly they wanted to introduce new rules to something that doesn't concern them.

3. Players to have a capped basic salary in line with a nurse's average pay. Then they can have crazy money based purely on performance. Goalies earn per save, catch, etc. And lose per goal conceded. Defenders for tackles, blocks, etc. Trophies won, etc, etc. This would drive away the greedy bastards and bring kids who love football into the game.

4. Owners may take dividends based on the same return given to pensioners from their long term investments that have been robbed by the corporations and banks. This would force the vampires out of football and back into banking and the charities.

5. SKY TV should be burned down - obviously.

6. Criminals like Abramovich and Usmanov and the Arab bandits should be jailed until such a time as we can reinstate the death penalty. There should be no hiding places for these scum - not even in football, the industry with the lowest standards imaginable.

7. The media hacks should be locked in a room and forced to read their own newspaper. Cruel and unusual but they deserve it.

Football isn't even about commerce any more. It's monopoly and greed. Pigs at the trough. Why do the fans put up with it?

Niall_Quinn
18-11-2012, 02:38 PM
I don't think this a problem specific to us at least, Oxlade's status has gone up ten fold and to avoid his agent whispering in his ear I think it's probably wise to get him tied down long term on a wage that's in line with what a regular England international gets.

You;re talking about the "going rate", but that rate is set by thieves from the desert. What happens when they raise it? And raise it again and again and again? Do we just keep playing?

Özim
18-11-2012, 02:48 PM
You;re talking about the "going rate", but that rate is set by thieves from the desert. What happens when they raise it? And raise it again and again and again? Do we just keep playing?
To be honest, when sh*t like Chamakh and Squillaci are picking up 50k and 60k respectively for doing nothing it's hardly a surprise other more talented and important players want a rise.

Our fault for paying sh*te big money in the 1st place, Oxo though is a top talent and one I don't mind paying a bit more for.

Xhaka Can’t
18-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Oxo is a top prospect.

I don't care what other contracts there are, those were errors and what's done is done.

I don't want more repetition of the mistakes of the past. We are under no pressure to offer a new contract to Oxo yet, so let's wait until he has done enough to earn it.

milla
18-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Football is one giant looney bin. The kid has only just joined. But a new contract is already expected?

Simple steps to cleaning up football.

1. All agents to be killed. These vermin are a blight on humanity and serve no purpose other than to enrich themselves at the expense of the game we follow. They should be exterminated, as you would do with any other harmful pest. Invite them a an agent's convention, lay on free drinks and free whores, lock the doors and pump cyanide gas in. Suddenly football is speeding on the road to recovery.

2. Players who break their contracts should be banned from playing until the contract expires. A breach of contract should carry a penalty. The European Court should have to pay compensation to the club for each week the player is not available - say £50K a week. Then we'd see how quickly they wanted to introduce new rules to something that doesn't concern them.

3. Players to have a capped basic salary in line with a nurse's average pay. Then they can have crazy money based purely on performance. Goalies earn per save, catch, etc. And lose per goal conceded. Defenders for tackles, blocks, etc. Trophies won, etc, etc. This would drive away the greedy bastards and bring kids who love football into the game.

4. Owners may take dividends based on the same return given to pensioners from their long term investments that have been robbed by the corporations and banks. This would force the vampires out of football and back into banking and the charities.

5. SKY TV should be burned down - obviously.

6. Criminals like Abramovich and Usmanov and the Arab bandits should be jailed until such a time as we can reinstate the death penalty. There should be no hiding places for these scum - not even in football, the industry with the lowest standards imaginable.

7. The media hacks should be locked in a room and forced to read their own newspaper. Cruel and unusual but they deserve it.

Football isn't even about commerce any more. It's monopoly and greed. Pigs at the trough. Why do the fans put up with it?

You just jealous cos your team haven't won feck all in 7 years, ****. :coffee:

Power n Glory
18-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Oxo is a top prospect.

I do think care what other contracts there are, those were errors and what's done is done.

I don't want more repetition of the mistakes of the past. We are under no pressure to offer a new contract to Oxo yet, so let's wait until he has done enough to earn it.

Yeah, I don't think there is a need to offer anything now if he has just signed with us unless he's approaching his last two years. He should have signed a 5 year deal with us to start or 4. Let's see how he does this season before talking wages and I doubt he's even focused on that yet. We have more important issues at hand and need to sort out Theo's contract first of all.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Oxo is a top prospect.

I don't care what other contracts there are, those were errors and what's done is done.

Spot on.