PDA

View Full Version : ESPN are scum

Joker
10-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Right now, I'm watching a Scottish Premier League match between Dundee United and Rangers on ESPN, and there was an incident where a Dundee United player went down and was booked for diving. After the incident, the pitchside reporter asked the Dundee manager what he thought of it, and he admitted that it wasn't a penalty and the player went down too easily. The commentator then said "isn't it refreshing to see a manager admit to seeing an incident and admitting his player was in the wrong?" He then muses whether Arsene Wenger would have said the same thing, then the other commentator slyly says "He wouldn't have seen it would he?" and they have a chortle as if it's the funniest thing in the world.

This match has nothing to do with Arsenal or Arsene Wenger, yet the lowlife, degenerate commentators couldn't resist having a dig at Wenger. No doubt they've been encouraged to do so by the BNP supporting Ray Stubbs, who is the most odious presenter I've ever seen.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-09-2011, 12:26 PM
http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp145/bazookajoe108/GaryColeman-WhoCares.jpg

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Thank fuck you get none of this shit on sky, BBC or itv.

Syn
10-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Yeah! Only we should be allowed to take cheap shots at wenger!

Master Splinter
10-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Yeah! Only we should be allowed to take cheap shots at wenger!

:haha:

I overheard some old woman say RVP is shit the other day.

Özim
10-09-2011, 02:14 PM
It's funny cos it's true :lol:

Ernesto
10-09-2011, 04:00 PM
It ain't f***in right. They wouldn't do that to Ferguson, hiding behind his f***in plastic knighthood.

Knock a man for his results, but not for his personality. The time and place was all wrong as well.

Fats
10-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Just goes to show how much AW has become a joke figure

Master Splinter
10-09-2011, 04:14 PM

They've done this with AW from day one.

Nothing to do with success or failure.

Özim
10-09-2011, 04:15 PM

He brings it on himself by the things he says and does.

If he didn't act like a tool then they'd have nothing to take the p*ss out of him for. He's turned himself and the club into a joke.

Fats
10-09-2011, 04:18 PM

Day one ?

Anytime in the last 6 seasons counts yeah?

Wenger has brought this on himself with his dumb comments

Master Splinter
10-09-2011, 04:24 PM
He brings it on himself by the things he says and does.

If he didn't act like a tool then they'd have nothing to take the p*ss out of him for. He's turned himself and the club into a joke.

Every manager does stupid things. You scrutinise everything Wenger does because you're an Arsenal (I think) fan. And moreso in recent years because of relative underachievement.

If Wenger was British, the media would be behind him no matter what he did.

Of course, this is a pointless conversation to have with someone who would probably have Wenger hung, drawn and quartered if he dropped a plate in his kitchen.

The point is that ESPN (and the majority of football media) are scum and anyone disputing this is more blinkered than Wenger is supposed to be.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2011, 05:01 PM

Yep

fakeyank
10-09-2011, 06:31 PM
This thread :rose:

Ironing
11-09-2011, 12:22 AM
It's so funny how 'I didn't see it' seems to piss so many people off

AW knows full well everyone knows he is lying when he says it, yet oppo fans act like Wenger thinks he's taking us all for mugs - no, he just doesn't feel like drawing attention to decision "controversies" that may or may not have benefited his team (and good on him for that, since it doesn't fucking matter anyway)

I.E. He knows we know he's lying, and he doesn't give a fuck

:bow: Wenger

Ollie the Optimist
12-09-2011, 05:44 PM
:haha:

I overheard some old woman say RVP is shit the other day.

Joker's a woman?

Kano
13-09-2011, 12:54 AM
Day one ?

Anytime in the last 6 seasons counts yeah?

Wenger has brought this on himself with his dumb comments

you are right of course, for a man that should know how to play the media he has fallen into the easiest of traps for them to pounce on.