PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Swansea City

Ernesto
10-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Phew!

Özim
10-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Sh*t performance and a lucky win but what is a very average team.

Swansea can feel hard done by as they deserved a draw.

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Boring and painful to watch

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2011, 04:04 PM
A win is a win feck the performance end of the day come end of the season who but zim will give a shit about how we played in this game.

Marc Overmars
10-09-2011, 04:05 PM
We won a game. :faint:

Pretty shite performance but that's a given really these days.

Ah well, at least it's some points on the board.

The Dismantler
I Eight - Two say that this season is not going well for us...

but then again, beggars cannot be chooserss, so am happy with the win thus far!

Ashburton2006
Phew! Wenger out

Özim
10-09-2011, 04:06 PM
A win is a win feck the performance end of the day come end of the season who but zim will give a shit about how we played in this game.
1) We only won because of a bad error
2) After losing 8-2 the performance was important as it would show the players had pride and cared
3) Your too deluded for words

Ernesto
10-09-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm kinda coming out the other end of all this. It's been 2 long weeks since our last game (well, 3 for me cos, to date, I've yet to see even a minute of the debacle at Old Trafford on playback) and ANY win is welcome.

If the board WERE going to do anything about Wenger, let's face it, they'd have done it after the ManUre game.

If we still want Arsenal to falter in a vain attempt to open the board's eyes instead of piecing a few wins together, I can only see it being counter-productive.

Fats
10-09-2011, 04:08 PM

Shocking performance, looks like Wenger has got to the new signings and ruined them already.

As for you Charlump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR99WZFWumA

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2011, 04:08 PM
1) We only won because of a bad error
2) After losig 8-2 the performance was important as it would show the players had pride and cared
3) Your too deluded for words

don't give a fuck we won you mug anyway your team is playing bolton in a min enjoy lad enjoy.

So suck off fergie son enjoy.

Like i said come end of the season no one will care how we played in this game. all i will rememember is 3 points.

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2011, 04:09 PM
We are watching the end result of years of plundering the team and plugging the gaps with shite. Benayoun was a joke. Running all over the place and never got a touch of the ball. Arteta might as well not be here if all we need is a pivot for the tippy-tappy shit we play. Merts had an average debut and got beaten in the air twice, once where he misjudged it and failed to even jump. Walcott didn't make it, bags of potential but he'll have to go elsewhere to realise it. Frimpong is a reserve, the Coquelin kid looks good but he's a reserve too. Are we asking these players to maintain performances at the top level, because that's a joke if we are and shows how weak we are. We need to spend around £100million in January and next summer to replace what we have lost and get back to the top. That's not going to happen so we might as well get used to this type of performance as our new standard. The team has been looted by the board. Cunts.

Özim
10-09-2011, 04:10 PM
don't give a fuck we won you mug anyway your team is playing bolton in a min enjoy lad enjoy.

Like i said come end of the season no one will care how we played in this game. all i will rememember is 3 points.
Again total nonsense...sums you up really.

I don't really need to say anymore you've said it all for me :lol:

Master Splinter

:haha:

Power n Glory
We're in a serious trouble. The signs aren't good. We got the win, but it could have easily ended 1-1.

I thought the team would have come out guns blazing after the signings and the massacre. We look exactly the same and part of that is down to Wenger's tactics.

Is there any real need to play a 4-3-3 just so we can play Ramsey while 3 of our front men look out of sorts? Walcott was terrible. Rubbish performance. RVP was out of sorts and so was Arshavin, but you could see glimpses of danger from each of them in certain situations but all three of them are isolated when playing the static 4-3-3. He has to change it.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Again total nonsense...sums you up really.

I don't really need to say anymore you've said it all for me :lol:

Nah not nonsese its truth. did we win or not yes or no.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Extremely toilet. . . .Merts was the pick of the new guys, Areta very quiet and Yossi a lot of running around

Whats for sure these guys are going to need time to settle. . .but I would say that Walcott should not play on the wing anymore. . .welcome back Gerbil. . .Arshavin should not play in the wing or at all. . . .buy Hazard

Frimps is not bad but not ready and clearly one mad moment away from a red card

Gibbs didnt do TOO badly to be fair

Not sure about this formation, without Cesc or Nasri, RvP looks starved, more direct approach with emphasis on pace
we won today so happy with that, happy to have the UTD game behind us now. . .next Blackburn, as good a test as any

Fats
10-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Removed. not bothered how we played don't think the players are either we got the points. you can't play well all the time. if we played beautiful stull todayand lost yo uwould be still moaning you mug.

you need to go sepcsavers take a look at the result all that matters. We should have got more goals but thats footie.

Another deluded Wengerite

Tis a sad reflection on the blinkered uneducated immature support we have these days

Özim
10-09-2011, 04:13 PM
We won, through a very lucky goal no less.

Had their keeper not made such a mess it would have been 0-0.

Says it all for me, come the end of the season I'll still be wanting that muppet sacked, I won't remember this 3 points that's for sure. Not sure why the 3 points matters that much anyway, we've got enough games to make sure we're midtable, we won't be getting top 4.

Power n Glory
10-09-2011, 04:14 PM

It's a win but we've got far to go. That wasn't a good performance.

Joker
10-09-2011, 04:14 PM
What a fucking shite performance. Really lucky to get 3 points out of that, Swansea deserved a draw.

And yet we still have fans backing Wenger. We saw the banner at the Emirates saying "In Wenger we Trust" :lol: If fans still trust Wenger after what he's done to this squad, there's no hope.

Against a better quality side, we'd have lost this game, make no mistake about it.

Walcott was shit, RVP was shit, Ramsey looked awkward, Frimpong isn't ready, while Benayoun played like the washed up has-been that he is.

This is going to be such a shit season for us. The only thing to look forward to is the end of it, when Wenger will hopefully be sacked after we finish mid table.

Marc Overmars
10-09-2011, 04:18 PM

We won the game yes, but that doesn't mean he can't be unhappy with the performance. Lets face it, there is absolutley nothing convincing about this team at the moment and I think as fans we all want to be reassured, but that is not happening.

Niall_Quinn
[QUOTE=Charlie the Gooner;4359. not bothered how we played don't think the players are either we got the points. you can't play well all the time. if we played beautiful stull todayand lost yo uwould be still moaning you mug.

you need to go sepcsavers take a look at the result all that matters. We should have got more goals but thats footie.[/QUOTE]

We need to be controlling games at home against teams like Swansea City. The fact we can't is the big worry that lurks behind these three points. Yes we won but I can't see many wins this season unless the team dramatically improves. But where is the improvement going to come from? Jack and TV will make a difference but not all over the pitch. Even worse, there are no signs Wenger has grasped just how poor we are. When you look at his team selection, his formation, his substitutions, it's clear he still believes in is failed methods now that he's added a bit of experience which even he admitted was needed to break the freefall. I've watched a good few teams already this season and we are among the worst I have seen so far, in terms of doing the basic stuff the gets you results in football matches. Today's result was a lottery, it could have gone either way and in fairness Swansea did more to win that game than us. The three points are great but a lottery won't supply them week in, week out.

gunnerrrrr
its not even about the players anymore, dont forget our results towards the end of last season even with Cesc and Nasri.

its 100% Wenger and his management teams fault:

Tactically shocking
Plays square pegs in round holes
Shocking subs
Confused players and repetitive play

He must now go, the guy has completely lost touch with the modern game and he is so stubborn and deluded that he will end up getting sacked which no one wants to see.

RVP shows what he can do for Holland, for us he is shit, Ramsey gets man of the match with Wales for us he is awful etc etc.

Wenger no longer has Henry, Bergkamp, Pires etc to bail him out after his disastrous management.

Wenger should go and be a number two somewhere or a coach and leave the trophy winning to the Peps, Moureens, Fergasons etc of this world.

Awful
Awful
Awful

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2011, 04:20 PM
We won, through a very lucky goal no less.

Had their keeper not made such a mess it would have been 0-0.

Says it all for me, come the end of the season I'll still be wanting that muppet sacked, I won't remember this 3 points that's for sure. Not sure why the 3 points matters that much anyway, we've got enough games to make sure we're midtable, we won't be getting top 4.
Nah i prefre if he walked tbh. agree he should leave always have.

Joker
10-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Wenger is a has-been tbh. He should have left at the end of the season, because he just can't manage a top level side anymore.

Olivier's xmas twist
Another deluded Wengerite

Tis a sad reflection on the blinkered uneducated immature support we have these days

Have i told you i support Wenger, don't put words in my mouth. never said i never wanted him sacked i said he'd never get sacked thats the diffrence

Fats
its not even about the players anymore, dont forget our results towards the end of last season even with Cesc and Nasri.

its 100% Wenger and his management teams fault:

Tactically shocking
Plays square pegs in round holes
Shocking subs
Confused players and repetitive play

He must now go, the guy has completely lost touch with the modern game and he is so stubborn and deluded that he will end up getting sacked which no one wants to see.

RVP shows what he can do for Holland, for us he is shit, Ramsey gets man of the match with Wales for us he is awful etc etc.

Wenger no longer has Henry, Bergkamp, Pires etc to bail him out after his disastrous management.

Wenger should go and be a number two somewhere or a coach and leave the trophy winning to the Peps, Moureens, Fergasons etc of this world.

Awful
Awful
Awful

:good:

Japan Shaking All Over
10-09-2011, 04:22 PM
. not bothered how we played don't think the players are either we got the points. you can't play well all the time. if we played beautiful stull todayand lost yo uwould be still moaning you mug.

you need to go sepcsavers take a look at the result all that matters. We should have got more goals but thats footie.

Charlie calm down mate
Yes we won and 3points is good, first win of the season
youre right its football and we didnt handle ourselves well against the lesser teams last year so happy to come out with a win

But I understand tje others frustration and people are entitled to their view

We do need to give the news guys time. . .Gerbs flew out the blocks, and sadly straight into that cunt Joey Barton (someone you CAN call a cunt) and I cant wait to see him back
but we were shocking at times today, Ramsey at the end when we were 3 on 1 was especially bad
the formation does not work these days and I would like to see us work with 2 up, Chamak might be good for this

Fats
Have i told you i support Wenger, don't put words in my mouth. never said i never wanted him sacked i said he'd never get sacked thats the diffrence

You have no clue Magoo

milla
We are watching the end result of years of plundering the team and plugging the gaps with shite. Benayoun was a joke. Running all over the place and never got a touch of the ball. Arteta might as well not be here if all we need is a pivot for the tippy-tappy shit we play. Merts had an average debut and got beaten in the air twice, once where he misjudged it and failed to even jump. Walcott didn't make it, bags of potential but he'll have to go elsewhere to realise it. Frimpong is a reserve, the Coquelin kid looks good but he's a reserve too. Are we asking these players to maintain performances at the top level, because that's a joke if we are and shows how weak we are. We need to spend around £100million in January and next summer to replace what we have lost and get back to the top. That's not going to happen so we might as well get used to this type of performance as our new standard. The team has been looted by the board. Cunts.

We are so short of quality players now it is unreal. :coffee:

Daniele
10-09-2011, 04:23 PM
if anyone here is not convinced that we will be involved in a relegation battle, please tell me because I've been watching football for 25 years and today I've seen our Arsenal never shooting at goal in the second half against a team yet to score in the PL. Awful.

Joker
10-09-2011, 04:24 PM
if anyone here is not convinced that we will be involved in a relegation battle, please tell me because I've been watching football for 25 years and today I've seen our Arsenal never shooting at goal in the second half against a team yet to score in the PL. Awful.

If we keep up that level of performance, I do expect a relegation scrap. Swansea are probably the only team that was capable of losing today. Against any of the other 19 sides, we'd have lost.

Ernesto
To be fair, the 'Wenger Out's' among us are consistent- whether we win or lose, they have the same basic, underlying wish.

Olivier's xmas twist
We won the game yes, but that doesn't mean he can't be unhappy with the performance. Lets face it, there is absolutley nothing convincing about this team at the moment and I think as fans we all want to be reassured, but that is not happening.
I agree MO alot we were shite and do look like we could be in trouble but no point crying till 15 games whe nwe know where we are.

We need to be controlling games at home against teams like Swansea City. The fact we can't is the big worry that lurks behind these three points. Yes we won but I can't see many wins this season unless the team dramatically improves. But where is the improvement going to come from? Jack and TV will make a difference but not all over the pitch. Even worse, there are no signs Wenger has grasped just how poor we are. When you look at his team selection, his formation, his substitutions, it's clear he still believes in is failed methods now that he's added a bit of experience which even he admitted was needed to break the freefall. I've watched a good few teams already this season and we are among the worst I have seen so far, in terms of doing the basic stuff the gets you results in football matches. Today's result was a lottery, it could have gone either way and in fairness Swansea did more to win that game than us. The three points are great but a lottery won't supply them week in, week out.

Agree and i feel the same but while we have won and got our 1st win of the season i will be happy or is it better if i mope around and we lost today.

Fats
10-09-2011, 04:25 PM
I hope someone with sense makes a decision on our Manager before January if this keeps up.

Xhaka Can’t
We are so short of quality players now it is unreal. :coffee:

The weakest Arsenal team in my 32 years supporting them.

Daniele
If we keep up that level of performance, I do expect a relegation scrap. Swansea are probably the only team that was capable of losing today. Against any of the other 19 sides, we'd have lost.

Welcome to reality mate, that's 2 of us on this board! Swansea did not even deserve to lose. We are shit.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2011, 04:26 PM
You have no clue Magoo
I said i wanted him sacked you idiot, but i said he would not get sacked its common sense. well if he does ill be suprised.

Sirjackofwilshere
10-09-2011, 04:26 PM
WTF were you lot expecting? We had two debutants, a rookie and a lad whos still coming back from a broken leg. That and Song, Vermaelen, Wilshere, Gervinho all out. A win is a win. Wouldn't look too much beyond that at the moment tbh. Onward and upwards from here...Dortmund next

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2011, 04:27 PM

There are only 18 other sides.

Sorry.

Joker
I said i wanted him sacked you idiot, but i said he would not get sacked its common sense. well if he does ill be suprised.

We need both a new board and a new manager.

Joker
There are only 18 other sides.

Sorry.

LOL yeah I just noticed that.

Ernesto
10-09-2011, 04:29 PM

Weaker than 94/95? I dunno, pal, I can remember that one being really bad. Used to dread Saturday afternoons rather than look forward to them.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Charlie calm down mate
Yes we won and 3points is good, first win of the season
youre right its football and we didnt handle ourselves well against the lesser teams last year so happy to come out with a win

But I understand tje others frustration and people are entitled to their view

We do need to give the news guys time. . .Gerbs flew out the blocks, and sadly straight into that cunt Joey Barton (someone you CAN call a cunt) and I cant wait to see him back
but we were shocking at times today, Ramsey at the end when we were 3 on 1 was especially bad
the formation does not work these days and I would like to see us work with 2 up, Chamak might be good for this

So you think im no frustrated because i don't write it in a thread. you think me trying to be positive is me not undersrtanding how others feel.
I know people are pissed off and rightly so we could have battered Swansea tbh. I never thought we would with the team put out. I don't see much quaity fight and if AW does not buy quality in jan then he should feck off come feb tbh.

I won't apologise for being happy us winning a game in the league for the 1st time in many.

Ironing
10-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Absolute shite from start to finish

Pertesacker looks slow as fuck

Benayoun showing his (lack of) class

Gibbs playing like a rookie (surprise surprise)

Sagna giving his usual unspectacular contribution to the attack

Walcott still can't cross or beat his man

Van Perise being a bender and skying shots AGAIN

Arteta dun good but ultimately didn't create anything significant

Sczezezezeny - class

meh

Olivier's xmas twist
WTF were you lot expecting? We had two debutants, a rookie and a lad whos still coming back from a broken leg. That and Song, Vermaelen, Wilshere, Gervinho all out. A win is a win. Wouldn't look too much beyond that at the moment tbh. Onward and upwards from here...Dortmund next

This

Niall_Quinn
I agree MO alot we were shite and do look like we could be in trouble but no point crying till 15 games whe nwe know where we are.

Agree and i feel the same but while we have won and got our 1st win of the season i will be happy or is it better if i mope around and we lost today.

I'd mope around if I were you, to get some practise in for a long, hard, depressing season. Plus side is we're just under 10% away from the points tally we'll need to finish 4th. 4th bottom that is. This is the worst Arsenal team I've ever seen. It'll be the same for a lot of fans who have seen such great teams in the past. It's a downer when a classy work of art becomes a shit stained rag, a downer that 3 points can temporarily ease but never lift. It's a pisser top be out of the title after 4 games, having already lost to two of the clubs we were supposedly going to challenge. It's also a pisser watching the board hoard the cash whilst the team disintegrates and it's a pisser watching a manager who used to be a winner turn into a clueless wreck. So lots of downers and pissers to content with but yes, 3 points is 3 points.

Xhaka Can’t

You are acting like this is something that has happened all of a sudden.

This has been a slow moving train wreck that could be seen from miles away. Months ago people were saying Wenger had to work fast and early in the transfer window to avoid the type of shit we are seeing now.

He didn't, and here it is - utter shite, and I'm not fucking happy or prepared to make one iota of an allowance for this performance.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2011, 04:33 PM
I hope someone with sense makes a decision on our Manager before January if this keeps up.

Who will do it don't i mean this guy is making them money unless Stan man's up. They siad his job his safe did they not a few days ago.

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Weaker than 94/95? I dunno, pal, I can remember that one being really bad. Used to dread Saturday afternoons rather than look forward to them.

Compare that line up with this.

Then at the end of the season, compare how we perform in any competition. I'd weep tears of joy if we could somehow bring back the squad of 94/95 to the present day.

Coney
10-09-2011, 04:34 PM

Bloody newcomers. :sulk:

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2011, 04:35 PM

I hope our board burns to death in a tragic arson accident. Or frees up some money in the January window. Either will do. Don't forget, they are sitting on the latest cash pile from the Cesc and Nasri transfers while Yossi Benayoun runs around on the pitch.

Young Guns 11
10-09-2011, 04:35 PM

:lol: Who is this bloke? You sound like a complete retard

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2011, 04:36 PM
I'd mope around if I were you, to get some practise in for a long, hard, depressing season. Plus side is we're just under 10% away from the points tally we'll need to finish 4th. 4th bottom that is. This is the worst Arsenal team I've ever seen. It'll be the same for a lot of fans who have seen such great teams in the past. It's a downer when a classy work of art becomes a shit stained rag, a downer that 3 points can temporarily ease but never lift. It's a pisser top be out of the title after 4 games, having already lost to two of the clubs we were supposedly going to challenge. It's also a pisser watching the board hoard the cash whilst the team disintegrates and it's a pisser watching a manager who used to be a winner turn into a clueless wreck. So lots of downers and pissers to content with but yes, 3 points is 3 points.

Yep its going to be a long hard season that is for sure. I suppose we could not be in the top 4 forever. why do we deserve to be there over others, what gives us the right to be there. But i undertand why people are upset. even in the last few seasons when we lost we played well so we had that not it seems we have nothing.

I can only think when Jack and Gervinho and song all come back we ill look better. tbh.

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2011, 04:37 PM
I hope our board burns to death in a tragic arson accident. Or frees up some money in the January window. Either will do. Don't forget, they are sitting on the latest cash pile from the Cesc and Nasri transfers while Yossi Benayoun runs around on the pitch.

An arson accident?

Japan Shaking All Over
10-09-2011, 04:38 PM
fuck my reaction didnt post through
but in a nutshell. . .happy with a win but feel the newbies are going to need time

Concerns are about Walcott and Arshavin, Theo should not play wing, welcome back Gerbil and Andy should not play. . .buy Hazard
Frimps not ready, one mad moment from a red every game. . .buy MVila

formation is a problem, too sophisticated, and RvP looks lost as the lone guy with no service. . .a la Cesc
more direct, with pace is the order of the day, two up front, Chamak could be worth a go at that

Olivier's xmas twist
:lol: Who is this bloke? You sound like a complete retard

A retard because im happy we won a game this season?

Ernesto
The thing is, the 94/95 bunch were great on paper but a seriously, almost scarily de-motivated lot.

To have Leicester City (by all intents and purposes, THE worst side to be promoted to the EPL) take 4 points off us that season, to have Spurs finish above us and I think we went out Milwall in the Cup, if I'm not mistaken, to contend with was too much.

There were some silver linings though. We only lost 3-0 at Old Trafford that season.

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2011, 04:39 PM
An arson accident?

Think about it.

Japan Shaking All Over
An arson accident?

Accident arson, maybe? ?

Coney
An arson accident?

He means an Arsene accident - killed in a fire when the stash of director's money at the Emirates catches fire while they are counting it again.

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2011, 04:41 PM
He means an Arsene accident - killed in a fire when the stash of director's money at the Emirates catches fire while they are counting it again.

Almost correct, but the money is saved.

Joker
Thank fuck Gervinho is back from suspension though. I've had enough of watching Walcott run down blind alleys and make wrong decisions on the ball. If he carries on playing like this, Oxlade must be thinking he can get into the team soon.

Japan Shaking All Over

Im ignoring that post Coney cos youre talking about the same person again :-p

Coney
10-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Almost correct, but the money is saved.

Well, they have their priorities, I suppose.

Young Guns 11
10-09-2011, 04:42 PM
A retard because im happy we won a game this season?

Obviously we are all happy that we won, but you calling people mugs for pointing out how unbelievably poor we were in that match, at home, against a newly promoted side, is just ridiculous. The performance wasn't good enough by any stretch of the imagination and if you don't understand that then God help you.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Thank fuck Gervinho is back from suspension though. I've had enough of watching Walcott run down blind alleys and make wrong decisions on the ball. If he carries on playing like this, Oxlade must be thinking he can get into the team soon.

Citeh game finished Joker mate?

Its a joke, sorry

KSE Comedy Club
10-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Anyone know why Park didnt get any game time today?

Wouldve been a great time to blood him in tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Obviously we are all happy that we won, but you calling people mugs for pointing out how unbelievably poor we were in that match, at home, against a newly promoted side, is just ridiculous. The performance wasn't good enough by any stretch of the imagination and if you don't understand that then God help you.

Read my posts again. I have said we were shite and it was a poor performance. But really are you going to care fot it come may? if so then i apologise. The club needs all the support it can get though because we are in a really bad way a really bad way which is going to take more then a good perfomance agaisnt swansea to fix.

Its not because we won im happy but because we got points on the board we needed. But i agree the next performace needs to be better. I epxcted thses lot to get a win not give a good perfomance because i knew they would not.

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2011, 04:54 PM
At least we're turning up the heat on City and United.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2011, 04:57 PM

lol, i know were an embarresment right now.

milla
10-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Anyone know why Park didnt get any game time today?

Wouldve been a great time to blood him in tbh.

AWaiting his work permit. :coffee:

milla
10-09-2011, 04:59 PM

It's on, fek yeah.. :lol:

milla
10-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Compare that line up with this.

Then at the end of the season, compare how we perform in any competition. I'd weep tears of joy if we could somehow bring back the squad of 94/95 to the present day.

:gp:

Blackburn must be licking their lips at the propect of molesting playing our lot next week. :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2011, 05:11 PM

Blackburn must be licking their lips at the propect of molesting playing our lot next week. :coffee:

Shit never knew we had them next week ffs.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Van persie seemed loney upfront seems like he missed Gev alot today. Thought the subs were weird today. Ramsey/Theo and Frimpong we all poor today tbh.

Wtf is up with Theo, Maybe he feels lied too and can see the club going in the wrong direction. RVP looks like he could be off come end of the season. Does not look lie a captain at all.

Cripps_orig
10-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Just got back

First the positives

Mo Farah :bow:

Now on to the rest

Absolutely shocking performance from us. No creativity at all. Ramsey is shit. RVP non existent bar hitting the post. Frimpong plays better when hes suspended. Theo and Arteta fell away after bright starts. Our best player attacking wise was Arshavin so no surprise hes the one taken off for an ineffective shite like Benayoun by arguably the worst manager in the business.

Holding on v a team who hasnt scored a goal is pretty shocking. We wouldnt have scored even if we were still playing now. Thankfully they have a pub team keeper. 0-0 written all over the match bar that mistake. They wouldnt have scored bar a mistake from us either and with Kos, Gibbs and Sjdsfhskdjfhsdkjfhny at the back, a mistake is only just around the corner.

I forgot about Mertesacker. Hes a positive. Looked good on the ball and played the ball out a few times. Yes i know it was only Swansea but considering Djo, Squid and Kos have all been shite against teams such as Orient, Huddersfield, Ipswich, Leeds etc, its a good start for the German.

Just thought of another positive. Experts always say we have to beat the teams that will finish around you in the table and i guess we just did that.

After the Old Trafford Massacre, a performance was vital here. We didnt get it.

Just fuck off Wenger

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Just got back

First the positives

Mo Farah :bow:

Now on to the rest

Absolutely shocking performance from us. No creativity at all. Ramsey is shit. RVP non existent bar hitting the post. Frimpong plays better when hes suspended. Theo and Arteta fell away after bright starts. Our best player attacking wise was Arshavin so no surprise hes the one taken off for an ineffective shite like Benayoun by arguably the worst manager in the business.

Holding on v a team who hasnt scored a goal is pretty shocking. We wouldnt have scored even if we were still playing now. Thankfully they have a pub team keeper. 0-0 written all over the match bar that mistake. They wouldnt have scored bar a mistake from us either and with Kos, Gibbs and Sjdsfhskdjfhsdkjfhny at the back, a mistake is only just around the corner.

I forgot about Mertesacker. Hes a positive. Looked good on the ball and played the ball out a few times. Yes i know it was only Swansea but considering Djo, Squid and Kos have all been shite against teams such as Orient, Huddersfield, Ipswich, Leeds etc, its a good start for the German.

Just thought of another positive. Experts always say we have to beat the teams that will finish around you in the table and i guess we just did that.

After the Old Trafford Massacre, a performance was vital here. We didnt get it.

Just fuck off Wenger

Did the Arsenal fans boo after the game

Japan Shaking All Over
10-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Best of example of 'in a nutshell journalism' all day

Marc Overmars
Winning relegation 6 pointers. :bow:

Cripps_orig
Did the Arsenal fans boo after the game

No we won

gunsofashburtongrove
10-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Poor performance, but I'll take the win. We are getting Gervinho and Song in the next PL match on wards. That will give us a little bit of an edge upfront and stability in the midfield.

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2011, 05:42 PM
We are getting Gervinho and Song in the next PL match on wards. That will give us a little bit of an edge upfront and stability in the midfield.

http://www.usborne.com/images/covers/eng/max_covers/fairy_tales_for_little_children.jpg

Marc Overmars
10-09-2011, 05:44 PM
:lol:

selassie
10-09-2011, 05:57 PM
http://www.usborne.com/images/covers/eng/max_covers/fairy_tales_for_little_children.jpg

:lol:

Cripps_orig
10-09-2011, 05:59 PM
on a first win of the Premier League season...
It was vital for us to win the game. I think we started quite well but slowly the nerves took over. We played with the handbrake on and were restrictive in the second half. It is not often that we pass the ball back to our goalkeeper when we are at halfway. You could see in the second half that we just wanted to get over the line and we didn't make a mistake. 

Swansea make it difficult for you because they keep the ball well and on the wings they are very quick. Overall they have the basics of a very good Premier League team but they just can’t score at the moment. 

on Arsenal’s debutants…
Mertesacker was calm and composed - he just needs to adapt to the pace of the game. He looks very intelligent in his positioning.

Arteta played very well, especially in the first half. In the second half it was more difficult for him but you can see he will give us some technical security that this team needs and wants to play like we play.

on the feeling in the dressing room…
We know that confidence goes quickly and comes back slowly. For us to be in the situation we were in, we were not used to that. We will come back. You look today with the fact we had no Gervinho, no Song, Diaby or Wilshere. We now have a decent squad overall when everybody is back and we have chance. First we just need to put a few wins together.

on whether nerves were a problem…
When you don't win you have a deep problem, that's for sure. The longer it lasts, the deeper the problem becomes. As soon as you win things are different.

on an element of luck about the goal…
There was an element of luck about our goal, of course.

on Andrey Arshavin’s performance…
Arshavin has a very good spirit. He had lost confidence but he has a good attitude in training and a good spirit. People think that he doesn’t care but that is not true at all. He cares very much and he had just lost confidence. You could see that he was himself again today.

on Yossi Benayoun’s debut…
He brought us something when he came on because he was mobile, he was dynamic and he did well.

on the strength of Arsenal’s squad…
Today, look at the bench I had and I still didn’t have Alex Song or Gervinho. We have a big squad.

on Chamakh having the captain’s armband for the final 10 minutes…
He could find anybody! I told him to keep it, what does it matter for the last 10 minutes. Thomas Vermaelen is the vice-captain but it was difficult to find him!

on a word for Brendan Rodgers…
His father passed away and that is very sad. The team fought for him today and that is the best they could do. It is very sad.

RIP Rogers senior :rose:

Syn
10-09-2011, 06:03 PM
His father passed away and that is very sad. The team fought for him today and that is the best they could do. It is very sad.

Hmm..that works both ways.

fakeyank
10-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Allah wakbar! The handbrake, intensity, spirit comments are back! :lol:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-09-2011, 06:30 PM
thought mertesacker and arteta done well.

i think most important thing is getting some wins under our belt, momentum is key and when you win confidence comes back. will also take time for team to gel, but arteta looked really good.

with song and massiveforehead back soon, and jack and verm coming back by november, we should be ok for top 4.

liverpools honeymoon period will shine off.

Cripps_orig
10-09-2011, 06:33 PM
If we get top 4 with this squad, it will surpass any of Wengers previous achievements

fakeyank
10-09-2011, 06:36 PM
The game was shocking! We are terrible... and its got nothing to do with spending the cash. We dont play good football anymore.. I can go to sleep watching us play, boring shit! WTF happened to our fast football?! Just watched Utd play their game against bolton and the gulf in class between us and Utd is enormous and unless immidiate steps are taken, we will be in midtable mediocrity for the foreseeable future.
If we have an European super league soon then we are definitely not going to be in it!

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-09-2011, 06:36 PM
it'll happen.

united, city, chelsea, us, liverpool.

liverpool will be crap once their injuries kick in and squad become tired.
we've been there done that got the t-shirt kinda thing and know how to deal with it and still finish 4th.

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2011, 06:48 PM
thought mertesacker and arteta done well.

with song and massiveforehead back soon, and jack and verm coming back by november, we should be ok for top 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK-Dqj4fHmM

AKBapologist
10-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Cant wait to have Coyle and Cahill here next season. Defiantly losing by only 5 goals to united at home... :bow:

Cripps_orig
10-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Cant wait to have Coyle and Cahill here next season. Defiantly losing by only 5 goals at home... :doh:

Could have been worse.

Could have lost by 6 despite being a "supposed" title contender

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2011, 06:52 PM
it'll happen.

united, city, chelsea, us, liverpool.

liverpool will be crap once their injuries kick in and squad become tired.
we've been there done that got the t-shirt kinda thing and know how to deal with it and still finish 4th.

The only way we'll finish 4th is if the majority of teams in the league go bankrupt leaving just Utd, City and Chelski afloat. Then we might get 4th provided we didn't find a way to fuck it up. It'll be one hell of a poor league this year if we manage to finish in the top half. We don't have the players or the squad to compete at this level.

fakeyank
10-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Cant wait to have Coyle and Cahill here next season. Defiantly losing by only 5 goals to united at home... :bow:

Better than 8 goals.. so we will be doing an upgrade!

Joker
10-09-2011, 06:54 PM

Coyle with our transfer budget would have been able to do a much better job assembling a squad and getting players to play at their best. Look at Ramsey, who's performances for Wales are excellent, yet for us he looks a shadow of the player who won MOTM against England away. Wenger can't get the best out of players, regularly plays them out of position and is tactically clueless, as he proved today. When we were losing control of the match, he failed to make the right changes that could wrestle the initiative away from Swansea, and this resulted in us hanging on for dear life in the last 10 minutes.

AKBapologist
10-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Better than 8 goals.. so we will be doing an upgrade!
It's 6 goals given that we managed to score. Bolton were lucky to have Kevin Nolan still on at half time btw.

AKBapologist
10-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Could have been worse.

Could have lost by 6 despite being a "supposed" title contender
Now your just making shit up.

Cripps_orig
It's 6 goals given that we managed to score. Bolton were lucky to have Kevin Nolan still on at half time btw.

Nolan plays for West Ham and Bolton?

Impressive.

If Coyle can make a player play 2 games in one day one after the other then hes a must get

Joker

No one really wants Owen Coyle if a better manager is available (and they are available if we look around) His name is brought up to highlight how far Wenger has fallen away as a manager, that at the moment even Coyle would be able to do a better job than Wenger.

And you're talking about Kevin Davies, not Nolan.

Cripps_orig
10-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Now your just making shit up.

Agreed. Wenger has never said we are title contenders and we didnt lose by 6.

I made it up

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2011, 07:01 PM
8-2 is the worst result in the history of the EPL when you consider the pedigree of the two teams involved. It will never be surpassed as the all time low point - unless we can pull something even worse out of the bag of shit ourselves this season, which I wouldn't put past us. I'm sick of this team, sick of crap players like Walcott, sick of cheapo nobodies like Benayoun wearing the shirt, sick of the stubborn guy who just can't admit his tactics are a joke and his philosophy a dinosaur and I'm sick to the core of the board not being dead. Otherwise great 3 points. Roll on the next crap opponents that we stand a chance of beating.

StamfordBrdige
10-09-2011, 07:09 PM

You cannot be serious.

Swansea mate. Arsenal were at home to swansea and you're here going on about this player and that player being out etc.

How far your club has fallen that you're talking about the players you had out. Arsenal FC should not need it's proper 1st 11 to beat the team that are clear favourites for the drop.

Master Splinter
10-09-2011, 07:09 PM
8-2 is the worst result in the history of the EPL when you consider the pedigree of the two teams involved.

6-1 was worse, considering the players involved.

And we were the top dogs along with United back then, now we're relegation fodder.

No comparison.

gunnerrrrr
10-09-2011, 07:12 PM

And we were the top dogs along with United back then, now we're relegation fodder.

No comparison.

no mate 8-2 is miles worse....EIGHT fucking goals conceded....8

EIGHT

What the fuck is that...EIGHT.

Wenger please just go

fakeyank
10-09-2011, 07:12 PM
You cannot be serious.

Swansea mate. Arsenal were at home to swansea and you're here going on about this player and that player being out etc.

How far your club has fallen that you're talking about the players you had out. Arsenal FC should not need it's proper 1st 11 to beat the team that are clear favourites for the drop.

Couldnt have put it in a better way. How the expectations at AFC have fallen... It pisses the fuck outta me!

alexander
10-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Allah wakbar! The handbrake, intensity, spirit comments are back! :lol:

jesus he needs to find some new shit to spout.

Niall_Quinn

No comparison.

Nobody will remember who played. It's the score the will be remembered along with the fact the result coincides with Utd stepping up a level and us dropping even further down the order. The 6-1 was a fluke.

AKBapologist
Doesn't seem that way. Looks like people gladly settle for average players and an average manager just to role the dice. What, if Coyle had the resources Wenger has? What resources? We made another profit on player sales, if Coyle was able to do similar at Botlon he would have. You dont have to be a rich club to pinch teenagers ftom spain.

Sorry, but were still 3-4 really top world class players away from winning the EPL with wenger or almost any other manager in the game. Those that think the only problem with the squad is the manager are deluded.

Also, cheers on the Davis/nolan correction.

Cripps_orig
You cannot be serious.

Spot on

Joker

No comparison.

The fact that we're in threat of relegation this season, given that we are same club that almost won the league only 3/4 years ago is a damning indictment of the way Wenger has mismanaged this squad. Let's look at the team that took to the field when everyone was fit in 2007-2008, a season where we were looking like we could win a trophy:

===========Almunia==============

Sagna====Toure=====Gallas======Clichy=

Hleb=====Cesc=====Flamini=====Rosicky=

======Adebayor===RVP=============

7 of that starting lineup has now gone (you could include Almunia as well tbh), and not been replaced with sufficient quality. If Owen Coyle had the same resources available as Wenger, no way would he have shown such neglect in dismantling a squad and not bothering to rebuild properly.

Niall_Quinn
jesus he needs to find some new shit to spout.

FY making it up. Wenger never said Allah wakbar and I watched the interview several times.

alexander
10-09-2011, 07:16 PM
FY making it up. Wenger never said Allah wakbar and I watched the interview several times.

wish he would

alexander
10-09-2011, 07:17 PM
The fact that we're in threat of relegation this season, given that we are same club that almost won the league only 3/4 years ago is a damning indictment of the way Wenger has mismanaged this squad. Let's look at the team that took to the field when everyone was fit in 2007-2008, a season where we were looking like we could win a trophy:

===========Almunia==============

Sagna====Toure=====Gallas======Clichy=

Hleb=====Cesc=====Flamini=====Rosicky=

======Adebayor===RVP=============

7 of that starting lineup has now gone (you could include Almunia as well tbh), and not been replaced with sufficient quality. If Owen Coyle had the same resources available as Wenger, no way would he have shown such neglect in dismantling a squad and not bothering to rebuild properly.

are we at risk of doing a Leeds?

Master Splinter
10-09-2011, 07:19 PM

Yes.

But at least we'd beat United at Old Trafford.

Niall_Quinn

No. Leeds spent money on players. No chance of us doing that.

Cripps_orig

Nah. They had money problems and could use that as an excuse.

We have a Wenger problem

Joker
10-09-2011, 07:20 PM

Financially we're not in the same situation as Leeds, but IF we don't improve and subsequently get relegated, our financial situation will deteriorate significantly, and we'll lose sponsorship deals, etc so the future of the club will be bleak. Moreover, our board may choose to do a runner and the leave the club threadbare at its lowest point.

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Moreover, our board may choose to do a runner and the leave the club threadbare at its lowest point.

What you mean like they've just done?

alexander
10-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Financially we're not in the same situation as Leeds, but IF we don't improve and subsequently get relegated, our financial situation will deteriorate significantly, and we'll lose sponsorship deals, etc so the future of the club will be bleak. Moreover, our board may choose to do a runner and the leave the club threadbare at its lowest point.

Luckily we got into the CL, but this season could be different. If we dont get in next year, we would be in the shit big style. Im still very worried where my club is going.

Master Splinter
10-09-2011, 07:23 PM
I think :ilt: is appropriate right about now.

Cripps_orig
10-09-2011, 07:25 PM

For Wenger?

If so then :gp:

Joker
What you mean like they've just done?

:lol: good point.

alexander

says it all after a win really.

Tony Tuesdays
10-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Luckily we got into the CL, but this season could be different. If we dont get in next year, we would be in the shit big style. Im still very worried where my club is going.

How the feck are we anything like doing "a Leeds"?!?!?!

That scenario isn't even in the same sport, much less the same ball park...

Wish some people would stop using that comparison.

StamfordBrdige
10-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Doesn't seem that way. Looks like people gladly settle for average players and an average manager just to role the dice. What, if Coyle had the resources Wenger has? What resources? We made another profit on player sales, if Coyle was able to do similar at Botlon he would have. You dont have to be a rich club to pinch teenagers ftom spain.

Sorry, but were still 3-4 really top world class players away from winning the EPL with wenger or almost any other manager in the game. Those that think the only problem with the squad is the manager are deluded.

Also, cheers on the Davis/nolan correction.

Not really correct is it. Bolton can want a top teenager for all the good it'll do them. The fact is that they don't have the stature needed to attract players of a certain calibre so it's in their interests going after more realistic targets.

And you're really not suggesting that Coyle has similar level resources at Bolton cos that's just plain fuckin daft.

GP
10-09-2011, 07:28 PM
What the living fuck is going on in here?

People talking about relegation? The fuck?

alexander
10-09-2011, 07:29 PM
How the feck are we anything like doing "a Leeds"?!?!?!

That scenario isn't even in the same sport, much less the same ball park...

Wish some people would stop using that comparison.

TBH we aint that far off it. Its not that far from it, this team is stripped of all talent, falling a bit each year. Maybe not in a money sense, but on the pitch we are.

Tony Tuesdays
My reaction? We won so that's three more points than we had before.
Can't ask for more than that, I spose. :shrug:

Master Splinter

:ilt:

Cripps_orig
10-09-2011, 07:31 PM
My reaction? We won so that's three more points than we had before.
Can't ask for more than that, I spose. :shrug:

I actually think this match told us a lot more of our team than the 8-2 did tbh

Tony Tuesdays
10-09-2011, 07:32 PM
TBH we aint that far off it. Its not that far from it, this team is stripped of all talent, falling a bit each year. Maybe not in a money sense, but on the pitch we are.

No, we're nothing like it. Leeds' fall from grace was inextricably linked with finances. Risdale was the modern day Kid Icarus. They had to achieve CL football just to keep the wolves from the door. Once that was lost they sunk without trace.

alexander
10-09-2011, 07:32 PM

what, confirmation we are a steaming pile of horse poop?

Cripps_orig
10-09-2011, 07:35 PM
what, confirmation we are a steaming pile of horse poop?

Pretty much

The 8-2 is a freak result.

This is the match where if we are to be seen as genuine contenders for a top 4 spot where we had to assert our authority over a lesser team and dominate them.

Fact we were hanging on at the end pretty much says it all. It'd be a miracle if we finish top 4 and id go as far as saying top 8 is possibly out of the question

alexander
10-09-2011, 07:35 PM
No, we're nothing like it. Leeds' fall from grace was inextricably linked with finances. Risdale was the modern day Kid Icarus. They had to achieve CL football just to keep the wolves from the door. Once that was lost they sunk without trace.

Ok we may have money, but if we dont spend it, or cant attract the players, we will end up sliding down the league. Maybe not relegation, but bottom half is a real possibility.

alexander
10-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Pretty much

The 8-2 is a freak result.

This is the match where if we are to be seen as genuine contenders for a top 4 spot where we had to assert our authority over a lesser team and dominate them.

Fact we were hanging on at the end pretty much says it all. It'd be a miracle if we finish top 4 and id go as far as saying top 8 is possibly out of the question

Hanging on we were, and tbh i didnt think that was a bad team we put out.

Tony Tuesdays
10-09-2011, 07:37 PM

I'm sure you're pleased to have come to that resolution... :shrug:

Master Splinter
10-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Risdale was the modern day Kid Icarus.

Kid Icarus? :lol:

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2011, 07:39 PM

People talking about relegation? The fuck?

Think it's beyond us this season, but a couple more transfer windows and we could do it.

Tony Tuesdays
10-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Kid Icarus? :lol:

Okay, with a few more pounds around the mid section, lol.

alexander
10-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Did anyone listen to The Guardian football podcast on thursday? A writter called Philipe o clair (no idea how to spell his name, but he is french) was asked about Wengers commentry on french tv. He said he was very bland, and didnt seem to have any idea on tactics, he said David Pleat has more knoledge on the subject! This seems a real worry.

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Did anyone listen to The Guardian football podcast on thursday? A writter called Philipe o clair (no idea how to spell his name, but he is french) was asked about Wengers commentry on french tv. He said he was very bland, and didnt seem to have any idea on tactics, he said David Pleat has more knoledge on the subject! This seems a real worry.

Man, just think of the great teams we could have had under Pleat! :cloud9:

Cripps_orig
10-09-2011, 07:44 PM

Sounds more Irish than French tbh

I beleive you mean Philippe Auclair

alexander
10-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Man, just think of the great teams we could have had under Pleat! :cloud9:

i bloody hate pleat

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-09-2011, 07:46 PM
The only way we'll finish 4th is if the majority of teams in the league go bankrupt leaving just Utd, City and Chelski afloat. Then we might get 4th provided we didn't find a way to fuck it up. It'll be one hell of a poor league this year if we manage to finish in the top half. We don't have the players or the squad to compete at this level.

:lol: alright pal if you say so.

top half :lol:

alexander
10-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Sounds more Irish than French tbh

I beleive you mean Philippe Auclair

that will be it. After putting that, I thought there is no way thats how its spelt. I am most of the way through a bottle of wine though.

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2011, 07:49 PM
that will be it. After putting that, I thought there is no way thats how its spelt. I am most of the way through a bottle of wine though.

That should help with the French tbf.

alexander
10-09-2011, 07:51 PM
That should help with the French tbf.

:d

Joker
10-09-2011, 07:56 PM

That makes sense tbh. Over the last 5-6 seasons, he has looked increasingly clueless tactically. Whenever he's needed to make a substitution or a tactical change in a match we're losing control of, he invariably makes the wrong decision. Moreover, we seem to repeat the same mistakes season after season, and he doesn't seem to have changed anything to remedy that. Defensively we're doing the same things, and offensively we're still persisting with this 4-5-1 even though it's not bring the best out of the players.

Syn
10-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Sen dare ros IMHO.

alexander
10-09-2011, 08:03 PM
That makes sense tbh. Over the last 5-6 seasons, he has looked increasingly clueless tactically. Whenever he's needed to make a substitution or a tactical change in a match we're losing control of, he invariably makes the wrong decision. Moreover, we seem to repeat the same mistakes season after season, and he doesn't seem to have changed anything to remedy that. Defensively we're doing the same things, and offensively we're still persisting with this 4-5-1 even though it's not bring the best out of the players.

When he said it, it just made me think, he has this attack attack attack mindset. It shows, the fact our squad was full of AM players but when it came to defenders, he dont care. he rarely sets up a team to counter the team we face,not in the way fergie would. its the way i play football manager, just hope you out score the other team. At man u the other week, he took off a DM, and bought an attacking player. The whole world could see we were getting nothing from that game, it would have been better to keep the score below 5, just for morale.

Seaman's Ponytail
10-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Is there any real need to play a 4-3-3 just so we can play Ramsey while 3 of our front men look out of sorts? Walcott was terrible. Rubbish performance. RVP was out of sorts and so was Arshavin, but you could see glimpses of danger from each of them in certain situations but all three of them are isolated when playing the static 4-3-3. He has to change it.

I've said it before here, we can talk about our 4-3-3 formation all we want but the truth is we don't play 4-3-3. It's 4-5-1 which often morphs into 4-6-0 There's no cut, no thrust to our play at all. It's tippy tappy shit. I'm stoked with the 3 points today but the truth is this performance was a huge step backwards. If we'd been playing Man U today we'd have been lucky to keep them to 8.

Wenger just fuck off

Maestro
10-09-2011, 09:58 PM
You are acting like this is something that has happened all of a sudden.

This has been a slow moving train wreck that could be seen from miles away. Months ago people were saying Wenger had to work fast and early in the transfer window to avoid the type of shit we are seeing now.

He didn't, and here it is - utter shite, and I'm not fucking happy or prepared to make one iota of an allowance for this performance.

Nothing else to add really.

Power n Glory
10-09-2011, 11:03 PM
I've said it before here, we can talk about our 4-3-3 formation all we want but the truth is we don't play 4-3-3. It's 4-5-1 which often morphs into 4-6-0 There's no cut, no thrust to our play at all. It's tippy tappy shit. I'm stoked with the 3 points today but the truth is this performance was a huge step backwards. If we'd been playing Man U today we'd have been lucky to keep them to 8.

Wenger just fuck off

Yeah, I guess your right. It is a 4-5-1.

Ironing
11-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Currently we play like barcelona

But without the intelligence, technique, creativity, ruthlessness, professionalism and consistency

So essentially we play like shit

hobson's choice
11-09-2011, 05:25 AM
I just don't know anymore, I don't see where the spark is gonna come from. But what we have right now with this team is been coming.

Any other team, we would've lost. I just don't know.

Injury Time
11-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Okay so firstly the positives:
I saw more first time crosses from Gibbs in the match than entire Clichy career at Arsenal.
Waxsackncrack, was nice not to be shitting myself every time the ball was pinger at us above waist height when we are in position defensively.
Arshavin must be looking to move in Jan as he was actually running and tackling :faint:
Wizbit looked reasonably reassured in goal.
Arteta seems to have a good understanding with RvP
Kos didn't do anything stupid
Sagna in the first two thirds
Pingpong tackling & tracking back
North Bank lower season ticket seat position is pretty much perfect :scarf:

Negatives:
lazycuntitus is rife when losing the ball, Ramsay seemed to have it worst with Theo "deadend" Walcott not far behind.
Waxsackncrack is sloooooooow and let player goalside for a couple of the chances when tracking back.
Gibbs getting too tight and getting mugged regularly by mediocre forwards.
Sagna in the final third.
Pingpong passing
Lack of a striker, we needed them to screw up to score as we got shut down too easily.

Power n Glory
11-09-2011, 08:48 AM

That doesn't surprise me. Whenever Wenger does a press conference and talks about our performance as a team he always talks about our mental state or fitness. I get the impression he thinks our problems always boil down to these two things. If we miss chances or concede goals it's always a mental or fitness issue, never technical. If it's neither of those, we were unlucky or the decisions went against us. It makes me wonder.

Just finished watching City play and the way Mancini has set up his team...why can't Wenger try that formation? RVP playing behind Theo, or Arshavin playing behind RVP like how Augero and Tevez/Dzeko play? Nasri has already beaten his assist record for last season and Clichy is actually getting across the line and putting in decent crosses for a change. A month with a different coach and they're looking better already. They've got a solid midfield and great attacking midfield players and you can see Nasri, Silva and Aguero linking up to create a move from the centre and just in the final third. We don't have that any more. I can't remember the last time we've hit a team with a 3 touch pass move or seen a great flurry of play from 3-4 individuals playing on the same wavelength. It's all individual solo efforts or one great pass that puts a man through. That telekinetic passing and movement is gone.

I've lost a lot of respect for Wenger. He's becoming some sort of New Age, Feng Shui motivational speaking Guru of some sorts. All this focus on mental preparation. Creating the right sort of environment for the players by building corner-less dressing rooms, allowing them to dress how they want during games, hiring psychologists to test players on their mental strength....I mean what the heck? I wouldn't be surprised if after a loss he's got them taking herbal baths, burning incense and chanting 'woosah' mantras like a synchronised choir (see Bad Boys 2).

Jokes aside, he has to change this up. We'd get a lot more out of Arshavin if he played behind the striker and in the hole. We'd get a lot more from Theo if he played as a striker or on the left where he's cutting in to take shots on goal. RVP would play a lot better with a strike partner...even Chamakh would benefit from playing with a strike partner. There was no need to play that formation against Swansea. He needs to start reacting to the situation on the pitch and look for weaknesses but that's like asking a leopard to change his spots. We need our best 3-4 players to start linking up and understanding each others runs and movement.

Yesterday, we had RVP running around like a headless chicken trying to hang on the shoulders of defenders, but he doesn't have the patience for that sort of play so when he doesn't get the pass, he's sprinting towards the other end of the pitch with arms wailing and shouting for the ball, or dropping deep looking for a ball to feet. He can't play like that when he's the lone striker. It causes confusion and he's not getting the ball because nobody is able to read his movements because it's so erratic and random.

Theo was bloody awful. His dribbling is terrible and Wenger has to get him off the right wing before he breaks something. I watched the idiot charge straight into a defender with the ball on countless occasions. He can't beat his man or take them down the line. When he does, the cross is either awful or nobody is in there because we've got RVP doing his buzzy bee impression and bouncing all over the pitch. Sagna put in a good cross for RVP that should have been a goal but the idiot checked his run instead of doing what a striker is supposed to do and make a run for the back post! Idiot. Anyway, back to Theo....put him on the left or get him up front. He's useless on the right wing and when he gets into the box from the right and he's bending shots wide or being forced to hit them with his left foot. On the left, he wouldn't have that problem. His dribbling style would be more effective because he's taking wing backs on to their weaker foot where they are uncomfortable and he'd probably get a lot more goals.

Arshavin....looked decent and back to his old self. But this guy should be playing in a more central role. He hasn't got the legs for the wings, one touch passing doesn't work that well on the flanks and he needs passing options. If he's in the centre for us, I imagine him operating a bit more like David Silva. He'd be able to pick out a pass for RVP, Theo or whoever with ease. He has the vision and guts to try that killer pass. Ramsey doesn't have it. Arteta looks like the man that can add some passing flair to our game, but until Wilshere gets back, take Ramsey out of the team and let Arteta and Arshavin work together in the middle. the little fat Russian put his fair share of tackles in yesterday. He doesn't have to do all the tracking back but let him play behind the striker with more freedom. I can see him that Wenger has given Theo, RVP and Arshavin freedom to roam but all three of them are confused at the moment and it's a mess. They need direction from Wenger. He can't sit there and try to let them work things out for themselves. They all look very frustrated at the moment and they're not enjoying their football.

gunner6smith
11-09-2011, 11:41 AM
That doesn't surprise me. Whenever Wenger does a press conference and talks about our performance as a team he always talks about our mental state or fitness. I get the impression he thinks our problems always boil down to these two things. If we miss chances or concede goals it's always a mental or fitness issue, never technical. If it's neither of those, we were unlucky or the decisions went against us. It makes me wonder.

Just finished watching City play and the way Mancini has set up his team...why can't Wenger try that formation? RVP playing behind Theo, or Arshavin playing behind RVP like how Augero and Tevez/Dzeko play? Nasri has already beaten his assist record for last season and Clichy is actually getting across the line and putting in decent crosses for a change. A month with a different coach and they're looking better already. They've got a solid midfield and great attacking midfield players and you can see Nasri, Silva and Aguero linking up to create a move from the centre and just in the final third. We don't have that any more. I can't remember the last time we've hit a team with a 3 touch pass move or seen a great flurry of play from 3-4 individuals playing on the same wavelength. It's all individual solo efforts or one great pass that puts a man through. That telekinetic passing and movement is gone.

I've lost a lot of respect for Wenger. He's becoming some sort of New Age, Feng Shui motivational speaking Guru of some sorts. All this focus on mental preparation. Creating the right sort of environment for the players by building corner-less dressing rooms, allowing them to dress how they want during games, hiring psychologists to test players on their mental strength....I mean what the heck? I wouldn't be surprised if after a loss he's got them taking herbal baths, burning incense and chanting 'woosah' mantras like a synchronised choir (see Bad Boys 2).

Jokes aside, he has to change this up. We'd get a lot more out of Arshavin if he played behind the striker and in the hole. We'd get a lot more from Theo if he played as a striker or on the left where he's cutting in to take shots on goal. RVP would play a lot better with a strike partner...even Chamakh would benefit from playing with a strike partner. There was no need to play that formation against Swansea. He needs to start reacting to the situation on the pitch and look for weaknesses but that's like asking a leopard to change his spots. We need our best 3-4 players to start linking up and understanding each others runs and movement.

Yesterday, we had RVP running around like a headless chicken trying to hang on the shoulders of defenders, but he doesn't have the patience for that sort of play so when he doesn't get the pass, he's sprinting towards the other end of the pitch with arms wailing and shouting for the ball, or dropping deep looking for a ball to feet. He can't play like that when he's the lone striker. It causes confusion and he's not getting the ball because nobody is able to read his movements because it's so erratic and random.

Theo was bloody awful. His dribbling is terrible and Wenger has to get him off the right wing before he breaks something. I watched the idiot charge straight into a defender with the ball on countless occasions. He can't beat his man or take them down the line. When he does, the cross is either awful or nobody is in there because we've got RVP doing his buzzy bee impression and bouncing all over the pitch. Sagna put in a good cross for RVP that should have been a goal but the idiot checked his run instead of doing what a striker is supposed to do and make a run for the back post! Idiot. Anyway, back to Theo....put him on the left or get him up front. He's useless on the right wing and when he gets into the box from the right and he's bending shots wide or being forced to hit them with his left foot. On the left, he wouldn't have that problem. His dribbling style would be more effective because he's taking wing backs on to their weaker foot where they are uncomfortable and he'd probably get a lot more goals.

Arshavin....looked decent and back to his old self. But this guy should be playing in a more central role. He hasn't got the legs for the wings, one touch passing doesn't work that well on the flanks and he needs passing options. If he's in the centre for us, I imagine him operating a bit more like David Silva. He'd be able to pick out a pass for RVP, Theo or whoever with ease. He has the vision and guts to try that killer pass. Ramsey doesn't have it. Arteta looks like the man that can add some passing flair to our game, but until Wilshere gets back, take Ramsey out of the team and let Arteta and Arshavin work together in the middle. the little fat Russian put his fair share of tackles in yesterday. He doesn't have to do all the tracking back but let him play behind the striker with more freedom. I can see him that Wenger has given Theo, RVP and Arshavin freedom to roam but all three of them are confused at the moment and it's a mess. They need direction from Wenger. He can't sit there and try to let them work things out for themselves. They all look very frustrated at the moment and they're not enjoying their football.

I may have been away for a while but I'm glad to see the standard of posts on GW hasn't dropped. May not evoke much debate but I'm completely in agreement. I wasn't at the game but the lack of direction we have up front is extremely worrying. There's no invention and that's because there's no organisation. Arshavin, Theo and RVP should be interchanging positions to the extent that they KNOW exactly where the others are in the final third and where they're moving next. Set moves should be suggested to them so a return to the days where 2-3 passes would result in a scoring opportunity. Arteta I feel, could potentially be a major part of this but only time will tell. Once Gervinho returns, I feel we may get a bit more direction, been very impressed with his willingness to take on the man from his limited appearances this season. Once he comes back, Arshavin's game would be more suited to a central role where he can influence the game more. He seems to me to get disinterested in a match when he doesn't receive the ball for a while, a common occurrence for a winger in a team that doesn't send in many crosses. Get him in the middle and USE his bloody creativity and vision that he evidently still possesses. I'm sure that would allow Theo and RVP to have more liberal roles within the team and this would increase our attacking threat that has been blunted for the last couple of seasons.

Daniele
11-09-2011, 11:54 AM
My ratings:

Szczesny 6,5 great save on Graham but got out bad in the last minute and could have cost us.

Sagna 5,5 Sinclair got past him too many times to my liking. we were lucky that they played him few times.

Mertesacker 6 he knows his own limits and does not overdo.

Koscielny 6 quick and anticipates well.

Gibbs 5,5 Looked sloppy in marking and passing. Good cross for Chamakh.

Frimpong 5 passing was poor, tackling was good but recklessness always round the corner.

Ramsey 5 fails to convert a golden chance early on then plays below par and at a snail's pace. In the dying mins on a counter he has the chance to assist 3 Arsenal players but gives it away to the only Swansea player in the whole of Islington.

Walcott 5 gets a silly booking and always falls over when running and his opponent tackles him. Ludicrous.

Arteta 5,5 starts quite well then vanishes quite soon.

Arshavin 6,5 had a quite good game in terms of pace, passing and movement. The goal wasn't as easy as it looked.

Van Persie 5 did very little to get a good mark. hits the post with a right foot shot.

Benayoun 5 brings much-needed movement but very little spark.

Coquelin and Chamakh played a cameo

Kaiser
11-09-2011, 06:44 PM
http://www.7amkickoff.com/2011/mikel-per-and-yossi-the-rebuilding-begins/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+7amkickoff+%287amkickoff%29

Excellent report on the game. Only thing I'd disagree with is which of our defenders opponents will target. Reckon they'll try to exploit Mertesacker's lack of pace instead of Koscielny.

Özim
11-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Mertersacker's pace was always going to be a problem against teams with pacey forwards, they actually showed 2 examples where his lack of pace caused us some problems on MOTD yesterday, this is despite Swansea really not offering much up front and not having too much pace, this is what I'm concerned about.

Koscielny is a bit of a liability having said that.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-09-2011, 01:01 AM
Going back to PnG's post which I thought was stop on. . . .I watched UTDs game and what Rooney does, he breaks off comes out of the area to collect and passes the ball out wide, give and go and when Rooney goes he fucking goes!
breaks his neck to be in the area, the one to be on the end of the cross he set up. . . .nibidy really does that for us, sire RvP drops back, picks up the ball but theres not directness, we give the ball out wide, just for it to be played back or along the edge of the area. If a cross comes in there is no one on the end.

Theo is not a winger, that fact is obvious by the way he runs at people and the simple fact he never takes corners, OK taking corners doesnt have quantify winger but it does highlight that he is shit at crossing and hes not the only one that knows it.
We dont have the quality and probably never did, well not enough to consistantly play pretty football, so we need to go back to direct basics and two up front is where we start, I agree with PnG Theo in front of RvP or Arshavin playing behind.
Theo does have pace and running on to the ball rather tjan with it would be right up his street, will have to work on his finishing but with a couple of goals, confidence would come and I think we could have the beginnings of a handy strike force.
TBH Chamak would be better with a playing partner, being the lone striker requires a high degree of intelligence snd I am afraid our dear Moroccan (please finish this for me NQ). RvP is finding this system difficult has he does not have the likes of Cesc/Nas anymore.
Chamak just needs the ball played into his head and to pick up pieces not to create his own chances, this is where a more direct style would be suitable, utilise the wings, with Gerbs coming back this could be our chance.
I would say 442, the front two playing around esch other, it may mean Andy stays out wide but he needs to contribute more, I dont agree he is back to his old self unless you mean he was crap, the guy needs to get back up after losing the ball, sure he puts a tsckle in from time yo time that gets the crowd going but ot aint enough. Sometimes lsziness can be forgiven because of genius shown at the opposite end but we dont get that from him either, played out of position, maybe so but in our curtent situation, 1 nil wins against newly promoted teams, it is battlers not bottlers I want to see in Gooner red and white

Champagne Charlie
12-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Getting 3 points here was essential but it was a worryingly poor performance. I though we started brightly enough (and Ramsey should’ve scored his early chance) but the whole mood changed as soon as Swansea had a shot on goal. From the players to the fans the nerves kicked in immediately. IMO one of Wenger’s biggest flaws is his inability to raise a team when they are down. Confidence levels amongst the players are so low right now it’s unbelievable. There’s no drive and positive momentum at all at the moment – the players look so shit scared of loosing possession that they choose the ‘safe’ option and pass sideways and backwards and just generally slow the game down. Shite, unimaginative football.

And we need a big shake up tactically ASAP. For a start, ditch this 4-5-1 bollocks for a 4-4-2 and get someone up top alongside RVP so we might actually look like we could create a goal scoring opportunity!

GunnerFan4Life
12-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Was away for the weekend i had time to read some of this thread but not surprised by the reaction. Can someone just tell me how Arshy did, i heard quite abit about him.

Cripps_orig
12-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Was away for the weekend i had time to read some of this thread but not surprised by the reaction. Can someone just tell me how Arshy did, i heard quite abit about him.

Best player on the pitch by a mile

IBK
12-09-2011, 03:19 PM

:gp: - Particularly the highlighted text. I can see why AW opted for a 'safety first' approach with the tried and tested set up on Saturday - but it was Swansea, and it nearly backfired. I want to see our players helped to be as good as they can be; to do what they are best at, and to be helped to deal with the opposition by being shown their strengths and weaknesses, and being given the tactical tools to make it work. I'm not surprised that our players aren't playing with any bounce, when there is so little movement - so little going on when we go forward. Makes me wonder how much the Invincibles did for themselves...

Daniele
12-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Mertersacker's pace was always going to be a problem against teams with pacey forwards, they actually showed 2 examples where his lack of pace caused us some problems on MOTD yesterday, this is despite Swansea really not offering much up front and not having too much pace, this is what I'm concerned about.

Koscielny is a bit of a liability having said that.

as for Merts il all depends on the protection he gets from our midfielders; we often leave players unmarked in the hole between defence and midfield so that they can go straight in front of the keeper with one good pass and so that's why our defenders look so bad and let the forwards run behind them.

Ollie the Optimist
12-09-2011, 05:39 PM
i know its late but this is my take on the game. we won, and that was the main thing. it doesnt matter how we scored or how many they should have scored. the team is weak right now and they just need to win. fuck performances, fuck trying to beat swansea 5-0, a win is a win and thats what the team needs right now. next few games, just win at all costs, 2-3 more wins and the confidence will come back quickly and we will see the arsenal of old, passing the ball and scoring goals. win first, improve second right now

Letters
12-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I didn't see it but by all accounts it was far from convincing BUT we won. We HAD to win, and we did.
This lot are clearly low on confidence and the new players need some time to settle in.
Lot of work to do. I wouldn't rule out top 4 simply because the top 3 are all but decided already and after that no-one is looking particularly convincing - Liverpool had a good start but then went and lost at Stoke who aren't a bad side but I doubt the top 3 will lose there this year. We've got a real fight on our hands this year to stay top 4 and we have to get some confidence back, hopefully Saturday was a start.

Saw something Wenger said about how he could write a book about this summer's events. I'd love to read it, for all the speculation and bollox on here only a few people really know what's going on at the club right now and he's one of them.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-09-2011, 06:42 PM
i know its late but this is my take on the game. we won, and that was the main thing. it doesnt matter how we scored or how many they should have scored. the team is weak right now and they just need to win. fuck performances, fuck trying to beat swansea 5-0, a win is a win and thats what the team needs right now. next few games, just win at all costs, 2-3 more wins and the confidence will come back quickly and we will see the arsenal of old, passing the ball and scoring goals. win first, improve second right now

This. Makes no diffrence if you win 5-0 or 1-0 its still a win. I know Fans are frustated and yes the performance should have been better, but like you say confidence with not only the team but the whole club is low it will take up to 15 games for this team to flow like it used to imo.

Were not the Mancs(both clubs) or Chelsea. they are better then us and that is clear. we can only play with the players we have thats the problem.

Cripps_orig
12-09-2011, 07:06 PM

Wouldnt pay much attention to MOTD.

The 2nd example shown was ridiculous. Unless Mert is the fastest player ever seen he was never going to get to that. It was physically impossible.

Also the first example had f all to do with his lack of pace.

In short MOTD are a buch of fuckwits

gunnerrrrr
12-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Wouldnt pay much attention to MOTD.

The 2nd example shown was ridiculous. Unless Mert is the fastest player ever seen he was never going to get to that. It was physically impossible.

Also the first example had f all to do with his lack of pace.

In short MOTD are a buch of fuckwits

:good::good:

Xhaka Can’t
12-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Haven't watched it since February!

Cripps_orig
12-09-2011, 07:38 PM
I havent seen it from start to end for probably that long either.

And only watch our game if we win which has hardly happened since Feb either

Marc Overmars
12-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Saturday was the first time I'd watched any of it since Feb.

Based on what I saw I won't be watching it for a while again. :coffee:

Kano
13-09-2011, 12:59 AM
we won. that's all that matters.

Coney
13-09-2011, 11:21 AM
MOTD are a bunch of fuckwits

:good: Apparently the pope is a Nazi Catholic as well.