PDA

View Full Version : Owen Coyle or Arsene Wenger

Joker
10-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Who would you prefer to have as manager of Arsenal FC at the moment? :coffee: Assume these are the only two managers who could manage Arsenal, and you had to choose one.

Cripps_orig
10-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Coyle

Master Splinter
10-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Oh dear.

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Neither should be an option.

Cripps_orig
10-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Oh dear.

Is that "oh dear" to the 1 vote Wenger got?

If so then :gp:

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2011, 07:07 PM
There's a strong chance Owen Coyle won't be the manager of Arsenal this season. Wenger makes millions for the board every year. He's going absolutely nowhere, much like our team.

fakeyank
10-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Owen coyle any day over AW.

alexander
10-09-2011, 07:10 PM
I used to worry that if we lost Wenger, we would see all our star players leave.

We have no star, or even great players now, so wouldnt be bothered if he left really.

milla
10-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Owen Coyle, lol if we want to replace Wenger we need someone with titles on their cvs not some Owen fekin Coyle. :coffee:

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2011, 08:30 PM
David Pleat

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Sam allardyce

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Phil Brown

GP
10-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Brian Clough

Syn
10-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Owen Coyle, lol if we want to replace Wenger we need someone with titles on their cvs not some Owen fekin Coyle. :coffee:

:gp:

We need s'ralan to sort this shit out.

alexander
10-09-2011, 09:23 PM
whoa! you two need to calm down, or have we really reached that low point where we need a walrus or a tango man in charge?

GP
10-09-2011, 09:44 PM
whoa! you two need to calm down, or have we really reached that low point where we need a walrus or a tango man in charge?

I think they are taking the piss out of the absurdity of this thread.

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2011, 09:56 PM
I think they are taking the piss out of the absurdity of this thread.

Fuck you.

Brian Clough's Dad!

milla
10-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Fuck you.

Brian Clough's Dad!

Özim
10-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Bolton lost today but Man U were awesome and played really well (from the highlights Bolton did try and put up a fight). When we lost 8-2 there was very little fight and Man U didn't have to be at their best.

In short Bolton's result was a lot better than ours and not only in terms of the score.

Power n Glory
10-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Sorry, I think Owen Coyle is a good manager but sacking Wenger and replacing him with Coyle would be as bad as Liverpool bringing in Hodgson to replace Rafa.

The players won't respect him and his name will hinder our chances of signing established international players. Either bring in a coach that has experience of winning one of the major leagues or a coach that has a least won the Europa Cup and brought his team all the way up to qualify for Europe. That's the calibre we should be looking for. Owen Coyle hasn't done anything with Bolton yet, they just play prettier.

The next manager needs to know what it takes to win the league. Get a name from Europe and give Steve Bould the assistant manager role.

fakeyank
11-09-2011, 05:12 AM
signing established international players

:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
11-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Bolton lost today but Man U were awesome and played really well (from the highlights Bolton did try and put up a fight). When we lost 8-2 there was very little fight and Man U didn't have to be at their best.

In short Bolton's result was a lot better than ours and not only in terms of the score.

Erm bolton had their best team out we never its totally diffrent tbh. Did you really expect the team we put out not to get spaanked thant much because i did.

There was no leaders etc. Bolton played at home with an organised team.

As for the OP what a Silly Thread Coyle would do no better in this situation. on his thinking we may as welll get Big sam i mean he only lost 7-1 to the mancs last season.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
11-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Sorry, I think Owen Coyle is a good manager but sacking Wenger and replacing him with Coyle would be as bad as Liverpool bringing in Hodgson to replace Rafa.

The players won't respect him and his name will hinder our chances of signing established international players. Either bring in a coach that has experience of winning one of the major leagues or a coach that has a least won the Europa Cup and brought his team all the way up to qualify for Europe. That's the calibre we should be looking for. Owen Coyle hasn't done anything with Bolton yet, they just play prettier.

The next manager needs to know what it takes to win the league. Get a name from Europe and give Steve Bould the assistant manager role.

IMO, for our long suffering the least we deserve is Mourinho - but at the moment I find it hard to think of any professional manager who couldn't add something important to this team that AW has failed to.

I voted Coyle.

Niall_Quinn
11-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Erm bolton had their best team out we never its totally diffrent tbh. Did you really expect the team we put out not to get spaanked thant much because i did.

As for the OP what a Silly Thread Coyle would do no better in this situation. on his thinking we may as welll get Big sam i mean he only lost 7-1 to the mancs last season.

You expected us to ship 8 goals? Swansea wouldn't take to the pitch against Utd and expect to let in that many.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-09-2011, 06:45 PM
You expected us to ship 8 goals? Swansea wouldn't take to the pitch against Utd and expect to let in that many.

Nah 6 at worst tbh. All im was saying was anyone who thought we'd loose respectably that day was living in a dream world. end of the day the Mancs are playing wonderful but the mindset of this sqaud was all over the place and with JD and Kos in the middle i knew we conceed loads.

But yes loosing 8-2 was a shock but not a big one and it makes no diffrence if these lot don't learm from it this season.

Özim
11-09-2011, 06:49 PM

Bolton are a small club with relatively resources, moreover as mentioned Man U played really well (many said they didn't think Man U had to when they played us). Man U had just as many players out as us on top of that (give or take 1 or 2).

Incidentally I never expected us to lose by more than 3 goals, in other words 3-0, 3-1 is what I was expecting not 8-2.

Xhaka Can’t
11-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Losing 8-2 was the biggest shock I've ever experienced as an Arsenal supporter.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-09-2011, 06:51 PM

You couldn't have been that surprised when we were 7-2 down.

Coney
11-09-2011, 06:56 PM

You never saw a match with Pascal Cygan then?

Niall_Quinn
11-09-2011, 07:29 PM
You couldn't have been that surprised when we were 7-2 down.

He means he can't believe they missed the 9th and 10th.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Bolton are a small club with relatively resources, moreover as mentioned Man U played really well (many said they didn't think Man U had to when they played us). Man U had just as many players out as us on top of that (give or take 1 or 2).

Incidentally I never expected us to lose by more than 3 goals, in other words 3-0, 3-1 is what I was expecting not 8-2.

The Mancs team was far far better then ours, i agree we should not have lost 8-2 i blame AW for that soley for setting us up to get hammered. but you could sense we would have get beaterb by a lot after goalno 2 went in tbh.

Kano
13-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Who would you prefer to have as manager of Arsenal FC at the moment? :coffee: Assume these are the only two managers who could manage Arsenal, and you had to choose one.
mancini for sure

I_Killed_Kenny
13-09-2011, 08:10 AM
my vote would be for ancelotti. but it will probably be someone arsene will hand pick himself. who's the serb/yougoslavian mate of his in japan? will probably be him

Flavs
13-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Remi Garde :bow:

selassie
13-09-2011, 08:18 AM

:good:

Yep, I think Coyle is a decent enough manager too but I agree we should be aiming for the very best when Arsene leaves.

One thing we have on our side is that we pay our Manager a very healthy salary, I hear Arsene is the highest paid Manager in PL

Given the above we should in theory be able to attract pretty much anyone from a financial point of view.

Flavs
13-09-2011, 08:20 AM
lets get the manager who said this, this week :bow:

"I've played in front of mafia people. People like him make me laugh - I laugh in the face of them. I laughed in the face of 70,000 Man Utd fans when I scored, you could imagine what it would be like if I was worried by the words of him who I've never heard of before.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-09-2011, 09:53 AM
lets get the manager who said this, this week :bow:

You can try his agent, but I swear I heard Marlon Brandos dead, Flavs mate!

But for those wishing not to expose their true opinion, why dont we change the choices to

Pre-match meal: Crudites vs Fish n Chips

I voted battered sausage sprinkled with museli

Flavs
13-09-2011, 02:04 PM
I love battered sausage

:unsure:

Ollie the Optimist
13-09-2011, 08:58 PM

i disagree personally, i thought fucking up at home in 2008 to scum to draw 4-4 hurt more.

Cripps_orig
13-09-2011, 09:00 PM
i disagree personally, i thought fucking up at home in 2008 to scum to draw 4-4 hurt more.

So drawing a game hurt more than losing 8-2?

Ollie the Optimist
13-09-2011, 09:05 PM
So drawing a game hurt more than losing 8-2?

yes because it was a derby, we were winning with 2 minutes to go and drew. that hurt more, with united, i didnt expect us to really get anything from the game and just being stupidly optimistic in believing we would, hence why it hurt less

Cripps_orig
13-09-2011, 09:06 PM
yes

Nothing more needs to be said

Ollie the Optimist
13-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Nothing more needs to be said

good argument.

GP
13-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Buttsecks hurts quite a lot.

Cripps_orig
13-09-2011, 09:22 PM
good argument.

Dont really see what else can be said about someone who would rather lose 8-2 than draw 4-4

Ollie the Optimist
13-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Dont really see what else can be said about someone who would rather lose 8-2 than draw 4-4

have you looked at my reasons why i said it hurt less?

IBK
14-09-2011, 10:14 AM
@ Ollie - I can see your point, mate.

8-2 was humiliating, but with a Manure on fire and us limping badly after losing our 2 best players; our collapse last season and getting a single point out of Newcastle and Liverpool - we were all expecting to lose away, and to lose well.

Home to Spurs last season and the season before we were at full strength and on fire...then pissed it away right at the end. In terms of being gutted (as opposed to ashamed and humiliated), I see right where you are coming from.

Ollie the Optimist
14-09-2011, 11:09 AM
@ Ollie - I can see your point, mate.

8-2 was humiliating, but with a Manure on fire and us limping badly after losing our 2 best players; our collapse last season and getting a single point out of Newcastle and Liverpool - we were all expecting to lose away, and to lose well.

Home to Spurs last season and the season before we were at full strength and on fire...then pissed it away right at the end. In terms of being gutted (as opposed to ashamed and humiliated), I see right where you are coming from.

i felt more humilated by the 4-4, partly it might be due to the fact i was there and for most the game, we had been giving it large, abusing the scum etc etc, and to have that taken from us and see them celebrating, made me feel sick. we were always behind with united, and although i hoped we might get something, from the first goal, i was not expecting muh

Flavs
14-09-2011, 02:30 PM

what about losing to Spurs at the emirates last season???

IBK
14-09-2011, 04:54 PM

Quite. That was absolutely horrific...especially as we played one of the best halves of football I've seen us play first half, and Spurs weren't even that in the second half!

Xhaka Can’t
14-09-2011, 05:31 PM

I'm never shocked by our ability to throw away leads.

GP
14-09-2011, 07:20 PM
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Dave/comiccrosswordyeah1.png

Özim
14-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Quite. That was absolutely horrific...especially as we played one of the best halves of football I've seen us play first half, and Spurs weren't even that in the second half!
Condeding 8 goals was worse, not many sides conceded that many goals in one match, the fact we're a big club and have is just plain embarrassing to be honest and really reflects badly on the manager.

Xhaka Can’t
14-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Given that we concede 2+ goal leads with regularity and haven't conceded 8 since the 1800s, I'd say the Man U result was the bigger shock.

Coney
15-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Not sure I agree. While 8 by manu was more than I'd expected, being beaten was no surprise and by a decent margin was also a good possibility, given the state of the team. I still think throwing away a 4-0 lead against Newcastle was the bigger surprise and for me the sign of just how bad we were in terms of resiliance. It is the reason why I think that the transfers we did - albeit rushed through - I think will have a bigger impact than a lot of people realise. Cesc was a great player but I don't think he was a good leader and not the person to pick up the team. The presence of the likes of Arteta and Mertesacker along with Vermaelen when he gets back will be good assistance for RvP's leadership and put a spine in the team, allowing the talents of the other players to have a chance to shine - we will see if they take up that chance as the season progresses.

We should have had 3 points at Newcastle last year and rubbed Pardews face in it. We expected to lose at manu and losing away to a top4 side is no disgrace, though the margin this time was embarrassing. It was the games against the middle and mediocre sides where we failed to perform that have cost us places and titles, not the odd drubbing against a top4 team.

Marc Overmars
15-09-2011, 11:09 AM
I think the biggest shock was certainly the United game, not just because of the scorline itself, but the fact it could so easily have been 10+ and that wouldn't have flattered United at all.

To be honest not a lot shocks me about this team anymore, but just when you think they've hit the lowest of lows, they go and pull another rabbit out of the hat.

Coney
15-09-2011, 12:10 PM
I think the biggest shock was certainly the United game, not just because of the scorline itself, but the fact it could so easily have been 10+ and that wouldn't have flattered United at all.

To be honest not a lot shocks me about this team anymore, but just when you think they've hit the lowest of lows, they go and pull another rabbit out of the hat.

Oh - I thought it was a squirrel.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
15-09-2011, 02:27 PM
I think the 6-1 loss to Man U was the most shocking result due to the reasons given earlier; but that 8-2 perfomance (which should have ended +10) was def the most humilating thing i' ve ever seen in top european footballing competition- if i had the powers i'd relegate a team soley on that.

Özim
15-09-2011, 02:37 PM
We expected to lose at manu and losing away to a top4 side is no disgrace, though the margin this time was embarrassing. It was the games against the middle and mediocre sides where we failed to perform that have cost us places and titles, not the odd drubbing against a top4 team.
Maybe we did expect to lose (I'd argue this shouldn't be the case and that we should be at a level where we'd feel we're capable of winning), however for a top club to lose 8-2 to any club is a disgrace, that's why you very seldomly see it because top teams just don't get beaten by margins like this.

Like has been said you have to look back to the 1800's to see us conceding 8 goals, that says plenty for me.

Some of the other results have also been awful, the 4-4 being one of them, but this is just another low in a string of lows.

Frankly some of the results in the last year or so (and before that) are sackable offences, Wenger is lucky money is all that counts at Arsenal or he'd have been out of a job a long time ago and rightly so.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Maybe we did expect to lose (I'd argue this shouldn't be the case and that we should be at a level where we'd feel we're capable of winning), however for a top club to lose 8-2 to any club is a disgrace, that's why you very seldomly see it because top teams just don't get beaten by margins like this.

Like has been said you have to look back to the 1800's to see us conceding 8 goals, that says plenty for me.

Some of the other results have also been awful, the 4-4 being one of them, but this is just another low in a string of lows.

Frankly some of the results in the last year or so (and before that) are sackable offences, Wenger is lucky money is all that counts at Arsenal or he'd have been out of a job a long time ago and rightly so.

Thats just it were not a top club not any more, just because we called Arsenal means nout if you don't back it up. Loosing 8-2 was bad because like someone said it could have been 15-2 that game. and the way AW set the team out to get beat.

I suppose a loss is a loss tbh, at least it made wenger act, because loosing 2-1 would have done nothing to the club but let them think eveything is fine.

Özim
15-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Thats just it were not a top club not any more, just because we called Arsenal means nout if you don't back it up. Loosing 8-2 was bad because like someone said it could have been 15-2 that game. and the way AW set the team out to get beat.

I suppose a loss is a loss tbh, at least it made wenger act, because loosing 2-1 would have done nothing to the club but let them think eveything is fine.
Historically we are a big club, just because AW is a small time manager and we have a narrow minded board it doesn't change that.

Even if we weren't, how many clubs concede 8 or more goals in one match? It's only happened 2 other times since the Premiership was formed and both teams who did got relegated which says a lot. The single most humiliating moment as an Arsenal supporter for me, I'm pretty sure you won't see it repeated by any manager that replaces Wenger either.

It was a scandalous result and he should have been sacked on the spot IMO, sure he made a few signings but they do stink of desperation. We really need to finally bring in some top quality players who could be around for a number of years (just like Sol Campbell, he was 26 when we signed him so had plenty of years left), not really sure we've done that at all.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Wigan lost 8-0 and didn't get relegated. Comfort for us there. :d

-Xs-
15-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Oh how the mighty have fallen...

Özim
16-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Wigan lost 8-0 and didn't get relegated. Comfort for us there. :d

True though I don't think we'll get relegated :d

It just puts that result in perspective, results like this only happen to the worst teams they don't happen to big clubs. Last time we conceded 8 was in the 1800's after all, when football was basically pub level football.

BOBN
16-09-2011, 12:29 PM
so lets see...

It has been said recently that Coyle and his coaches do not work on shape or defensive drills. They let players go out and express themselves, Keeganesque style.

It's all very well picking attacking lineups and we probably have to accept that we are going to concede goals sometimes. But nobody can tell me the defensive side of our game is well organised or drilled. The back four are a shambles and yes they don't always get protection but equally they let in soft goals unrelated to midfield protection and increasingly are making silly mistakes.

We've played good sides but even against QPR first half our back four almost contrived to hand them goals a couple of times.

To use a Coyle phrase, accepting that our back four will sometimes be exposed, I still think we are conceding a lot of goals when actually our midfield are back and covering and it's just slack play from the defence.

So should we get a coach in to drill the back four and team in general on how to organise themselves when we haven't got the ball?

"This was always going to happen with the fixtures we have started off with. What's worring me though, Coyle is so stubborn with 4-4-2 and tactically naive and he isn't learning from it. The midfield yesterday was Eagles, Petrov, M Davies and Reo Coker. Only one of those can bloody tackle. This is against a team who have just scored 8 against Arsenal. Coyle was expecting Reo Coker to be the only defensive midfielder in that team, protecting Cahill and frigging Zat Knight. He isn't the best player in the world, but I don't understand why Muamba was on the bench. We need players in that centre midfield against a team of United's class with a bit of steel and fight and who could put a tackle in. M Davies can't do that. He did nothing to change it. 3 nil at half time and he carries on with the same team until the 60th minute. Seriously what the f**k. He's pissing me right off. We've rolled over with no fight in the last 2 games. We've lost 8 of the last 9 league matches. If it was still a certain ginger haired manager in charge at this minute we'd be wanting him out. He's got a lot of work to do has Coyle" - Mad Joosa.
so this is the guy you want yes? literally a poor mans wenger with all the same failings only worse.

muppets.

Darth Vela
16-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Tbf, we have no reason to think that Bolton fans are any more sane when they're online than Arsenal fans, could be that Coyle practices them regularly but one guy says otherwise so the bandwagon jumping begins.

Anyway, he needs to prove himself at Bolton before he's given a shot at a big club, when Wenger leaves we'll be able to get someone better than Coyle.

IBK
16-09-2011, 12:39 PM
so lets see...

so this is the guy you want yes? literally a poor mans wenger with all the same failings only worse.

muppets.

LOL - change the players' names, 4-42 to 4-5-1, and those quoted posts could be from here, about Wenger!

Bravo. :clap:

Flavs
16-09-2011, 12:46 PM

Tis the same as last season but with greater extremes. I just hope we dont do the same this year as last year, i dont think my nerves could take that

Master Splinter
16-09-2011, 12:48 PM
muppets.

IBK
16-09-2011, 12:55 PM

:lol:

Fist of Lehmann
16-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Tbf, we have no reason to think that Bolton fans are any more sane when they're online than Arsenal fansYou don't think we have the maddest fools on the internet?

Dear God the world really is in trouble.

Ollie the Optimist
17-09-2011, 02:34 PM
think that one hurt more then 8-2

Ollie the Optimist
24-09-2011, 10:14 PM
can i just ask where the owen coyle brigade are now?

Ernesto
25-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Don't know about Owen Coyle, but I kinda wish the David Moyes brigade'd do one as well. He's probably the only manager other than Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho and Warnock who openly and vociferously complains against officialdom. At the moment, it can be swept under the carpet as he's the gaffer at Everton, a club who have been out of the spotlight for a good 25 years.

At the Arsenal, he'd be truly under the microscope. We know only too well that if you keep trying to undermine refs and linesmen (or women), you're rubbing up the wrong people in the wrong way. (The Phil Dowd Show at St James' Park last season, way too much of a coincidence, no?)

Coney
25-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Don't know about Owen Coyle, but I kinda wish the David Moyes brigade'd do one as well. He's probably the only manager other than Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho and Warnock who openly and vociferously complains against officialdom. At the moment, it can be swept under the carpet as he's the gaffer at Everton, a club who have been out of the spotlight for a good 25 years.

At the Arsenal, he'd be truly under the microscope. We know only too well that if you keep trying to undermine refs and linesmen (or women), you're rubbing up the wrong people in the wrong way. (The Phil Dowd Show at St James' Park last season, way too much of a coincidence, no?)

They aren't trying to undermine them. They are trying to point out that the refereeing needs to improve. If the refs also want what is best for the game, they would not feel undermined.

fakeyank
25-09-2011, 01:22 PM
can i just ask where the owen coyle brigade are now?

I voted for OC in this thread but I am not on his brigade. In fact, I do not think anyone ever suggested (or I havent read about it) on GW that OC be the next Arsenal manager. The OP started this thread to see how far AW has regressed rather than how awesome OC is as a manager.

Tbh, I'd still take OC over AW any fuckin day... in fact, at present, I'd take a donkey with Alzheimer's over AW. Just because we won 3-0 at home against Bolton does not change the gross mismanagement AW has done over the last 5-6 seasons.

Ollie the Optimist
25-09-2011, 01:24 PM
I voted for OC in this thread but I am not on his brigade. In fact, I do not think anyone ever suggested (or I havent read about it) on GW that OC be the next Arsenal manager. The OP started this thread to see how far AW has regressed rather than how awesome OC is as a manager.

Tbh, I'd still take OC over AW any fuckin day... in fact, at present, I'd take a donkey with Alzheimer's over AW. Just because we won 3-0 at home against Bolton does not change the gross mismanagement AW has done over the last 5-6 seasons.

you would have a manger who has lost all games this season bar one, conceding something like 16 goals over wenger this season? really?

GP
25-09-2011, 01:25 PM
you would have a manger who has lost all games this season bar one, conceding something like 16 goals over wenger this season? really?

Ignore him, he's trolling.

fakeyank
25-09-2011, 02:15 PM

Well, you clearly missed the part where I mentioned AW fuckin us over for 5-6 seasons so please do away with the stats of 7 games this season.. thats really clutching on to straws! If it was just this season, I'd give the old fart a chance but he has been fuckin over Arsenal for a long time now. And let me reiterate since I probably didnt make myself clear in my previous post... If AW were to be fired tomorrow, I'd prefer some other manager than OC but atm, I'd take a donkey with alzheimer's over AW and I do rate OC more than a donkey.

fakeyank
25-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Ignore him, he's trolling.

Yes, I am..

Ollie the Optimist
25-09-2011, 02:18 PM
If AW were to be fired tomorrow, I'd prefer some other manager than OC

so you say but in your last post you say this
Tbh, I'd still take OC over AW any fuckin day... just to point out they are worse then us and have a worse defence then us but still coyle is better of course

fakeyank
25-09-2011, 02:21 PM
so you say but in your last post you say this just to point out they are worse then us and have a worse defence then us but still coyle is better of course

Selective quoting will only take u that far. No where in my last 2 posts did I say that OC should be the one replacing AW, should he be fired, moved on... I said I'd take anything over AW at this moment and that includes a chair or table.

AKBapologist
30-10-2011, 02:57 PM
13 defeats out of 15... If only Owen Coyle was at a big club... If he gets sacked he might get his chance...

Japan Shaking All Over
30-10-2011, 03:17 PM
. . .at Wolves

McNamara That Ghost...
11-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Wenger.

Marc Overmars
11-12-2011, 02:35 PM
It's close, but I think Coyle just edges it.

AKBapologist
11-12-2011, 02:45 PM
That gary cahill... Must get.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Cahill. :lol:

Did the most stupid turn I've seen since Cesc last season.

Niall_Quinn
11-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Yep Cahill would do well with us, good defender. Let's not get too comfortable now we've found a defence that works for us. Better to just keep our fingers crossed and hope it lasts.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-12-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm not likely to get comfortable with Cahill around.

Master Splinter
11-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Cahill is rubbish.

Seriously rubbish.

Niall_Quinn
11-12-2011, 07:59 PM
You're the guy who was giving Kos a hard time, aren't you? Seems you never learn your lessons!

AKBapologist
17-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Owen Coyle :pray:

dazthegooner
17-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Stay off the drugs!

AKBapologist
13-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Yep.

:coffee:

Fuck off Joker.

milla
13-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Who the feck vote for Owen Coyle? :coffee:

KSE Comedy Club
13-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Owen Coyle?

Funny thread Joker!

GP
13-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Let it not be forgotten how much of a mong Fakeyank is.

Joker
13-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Yep.

:coffee:

Fuck off Joker.

Wow, you're really clever bumping a thread from a few months back.

Fucking wanker.

Anyway, just because Coyle's got Bolton relegated doesn't mean Wenger's had a good season as a manager. His tactical decisions have been appalling, and if he managed Bolton he'd probably have got them relegated as well.

BOBN
13-05-2012, 05:12 PM

Fucking wanker.

well... you said them words.

dont talk utter rubbish and bumps like this cant happen. end of.

Niall_Quinn
13-05-2012, 05:12 PM
well... you said them words.

dont talk rubbish and bumps like this cant happen. end of.

You're a racist tbh. The thread bumping proves it.

Dennis Bendtner
13-05-2012, 05:14 PM
This was a terrible terrible thread. You can't police people and tell them not to bump it.

Grebbo
13-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Coyle or Connor, it's a close call.

Joker
13-05-2012, 05:21 PM
This was a terrible terrible thread. You can't police people and tell them not to bump it.

In the same way I don't want to be policed for saying that there are problems with the squad and that Wenger's made managerial errors this season.

Syn
13-05-2012, 05:23 PM

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1049

That was another goodun.

GP
13-05-2012, 05:26 PM
http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1049

That was another goodun.

Nailed it.

Dennis Bendtner
13-05-2012, 05:27 PM
In the same way I don't want to be policed for saying that there are problems with the squad and that Wenger's made managerial errors this season.

You have your own deal mate. Carry on. Just don't expect to not take the heat for a thread like this. The only people who agreed even at our lowest point was probably Fakeyank (permanently on suicide watch) and Ach the maverick WUM. Shit thread from the outset.

Joker
13-05-2012, 05:36 PM
You have your own deal mate. Carry on. Just don't expect to not take the heat for a thread like this. The only people who agreed even at our lowest point was probably Fakeyank (permanently on suicide watch) and Ach the maverick WUM. Shit thread from the outset.

Yeah true tbh. Just don't like this attitude of a narrow clique of posters who jump on anything vaguely critical of Wenger.

AKBapologist
13-05-2012, 05:47 PM

Kano
13-05-2012, 05:49 PM
this has to go down as one of the greatest lol threads ever on the internet. fucking ridiculous.

Joker

Yeah this exactly what I mean, contributing sweet FA to the thread and only coming online to laugh and "bumping" threads that are over 3 months old. How old are you? Grow the fuck up twat.

Olivier's xmas twist

Fucking wanker.

Anyway, just because Coyle's got Bolton relegated doesn't mean Wenger's had a good season as a manager. His tactical decisions have been appalling, and if he managed Bolton he'd probably have got them relegated as well.

Then don't start retarded threads then.

AKBapologist
13-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Yeah this exactly what I mean, contributing sweet FA to the thread and only coming online to laugh and "bumping" threads that are over 3 months old. How old are you? Grow the fuck up twat.
Laughing at you being a moany bitch after been shown up to be a total twat is almost as enjoyible as the result.

Feel free to continue your shitty threads, and I'll continue to bump them on days like today.

/looks for jokers RVP thread...

Olivier's xmas twist
13-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Laughing at you being a moany bitch after been shown up to be a total twat is almost as enjoyible as the result.

Feel free to continue your shitty threads, and I'll continue to bump them on days like today.

Pretty much, its funny how Joker showing the moral high ground over RVP these days. When he is the one calling him shit all season.

Niall_Quinn
13-05-2012, 06:02 PM

Racist. :sulk:

Joker
13-05-2012, 06:02 PM

So getting one over someone on the internet is as enjoyable as the result? You must be one sad son-of-a-bitch.

AKBapologist
13-05-2012, 06:05 PM

The irony, the tears, the result, the weather, oh man, what a wonderful day.

Joker
13-05-2012, 06:06 PM

The irony, the tears, the result, the weather, oh man, what a wonderful day.

Wow, you get turned on by points scoring on the internet, what a sad pathetic man you are.

tpyo
13-05-2012, 06:18 PM
People are voting for the guy who got a club relegated over a guy who finished 3rd? I'm confused. What's wrong with you people?

We all thought this season was going to be shit, lost Nasri, Cesc and Clichy got shitish replacements but we still managed to finish 3rd!!! I think that's a pretty darn good achievement!

AKBapologist
13-05-2012, 06:20 PM
People are voting for the guy who got a club relegated over a guy who finished 3rd? I'm confused. What's wrong with you people?

We all thought this season was going to be shit, lost Nasri, Cesc and Clichy got shitish replacements but we still managed to finish 3rd!!! I think that's a pretty darn good achievement!
Well no, Owen Coyle would have never lost you united 8-2, and apparently from the oracle that is Joker, Wenger would have gotten bolton relegated too had he been in charge!

So there!

Cripps_orig
13-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Coyle

tpyo
14-05-2012, 06:51 AM
I think its time to dig up old threads from the start of the season so we can hold Wenger to the level that we expected him to perform this season. I think considering the summer we had he's managed a good job.

Who remembers pre-season banter from the telly?

> "Aye well you haave to luke at what Liverpool hav dunn. They've brought in top, top quality players and are probably on fur one of those champion league spots."

> "Aye well Arsenal you no what we say, pass the ball unt the back of the net. But this season they look like they'll struggle, no cesc, no nasri. Then there's Manchester United, City, Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool. I don't think deres room for Arsenal in dur top 4".

We had the same fucking pundits say the same fucking shit for the past, what? THREE seasons? And every season we hit around about this spot, with seemingly less and less. Surely that demonstrates that Wenger is pretty good at what he does. I mean we can always throw him out and get Coyle in and reshuffle.... but.... Liverpool? They do that. So do Spurs.

EDIT: Oh lol, I've just realised how old this thread is. Sorry!

GP
09-10-2012, 09:53 AM

Xhaka Can’t
09-10-2012, 10:17 AM

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Syn
09-10-2012, 10:20 AM

I can't believe I didn't get any lols for this post. This was genius. I hate my life.

Kano
09-10-2012, 10:51 AM
I voted Coyle.

lol

Olivier's xmas twist
09-10-2012, 12:58 PM

Thread :rose:

Not suprising though really.

AKBapologist
09-10-2012, 01:20 PM

fakeyank
09-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Owen Coyle any day tbf

Power n Glory
09-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Damn, that poll was pretty close as well. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
09-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Owen Coyle any day tbf

Well he's free now.

Super Ghel
09-10-2012, 04:41 PM

Cripps_orig
09-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Shows how bad things are at Arsenal that the sensible posters would rather have Coyle whos just been sacked than Wenger who continues to destroy us from within

Wenger :haha:

Xhaka Can’t
09-10-2012, 06:29 PM

No wait, 3.5.

KSE Comedy Club
09-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Owen coyle?

Seriously?

Olivier's xmas twist
09-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Shows how bad things are at Arsenal that the sensible posters would rather have Coyle whos just been sacked than Wenger who continues to destroy us from within

Wenger :haha:

You mean you and FY

This thread sucked when it was created and it sucks now :coffee:

Cripps_orig
09-10-2012, 07:14 PM
No i meant 16 of us

Olivier's xmas twist
09-10-2012, 07:19 PM
No i meant 16 of us

Then 16 of you are morons.

GP
09-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Then 16 of you are morons.

To be fair, 14 of those were me.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-10-2012, 07:24 PM
To be fair, 14 of those were me.

Then all 14 of you are ****s.

GP
09-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Then all 14 of you are ****s.

:(

Olivier's xmas twist
09-10-2012, 07:30 PM
:(

:hug:

GP
09-10-2012, 07:31 PM

Master Splinter
09-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Tbf, GP was inspired when he thought up this mid-level WUM.

Inspired meaning somewhat drunk.

Almost as good as your RVC threads.

Cripps_orig
25-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Coyle

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-10-2012, 02:07 PM
IMO, for our long suffering the least we deserve is Mourinho - but at the moment I find it hard to think of any professional manager who couldn't add something important to this team that AW has failed to.

I voted Coyle.

:good:

AKBapologist
01-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Absolute classic thread.

Ollie the Optimist
01-10-2013, 10:02 PM

Munchies
01-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Fucking lol'd :haha:

Syn
01-10-2013, 10:20 PM
No need to bump.

Syn
01-10-2013, 10:21 PM
But I'm glad you did bump it for this:

I can't believe I didn't get any lols for this post. This was genius. I hate my life.

Seriously do I get no credit for this?

Syn
02-10-2013, 09:07 PM

Super quality joke. Bravo, Sin.

GP
02-10-2013, 09:27 PM
I don't get it.

Happy now?

GP
02-12-2013, 11:45 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25180250

:)

McNamara That Ghost...
02-12-2013, 11:46 AM
He'll be available now if Wenget leaves. :scarf:

Power n Glory
02-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Oh dear! Where did it all go wrong for him?

GP
02-12-2013, 12:01 PM
He's shit.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Owen coyle any day over AW.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Munchies
02-12-2013, 01:19 PM
:rose:

Master Splinter
04-12-2013, 11:52 AM
The 16 will be proven right.

Syn
07-12-2013, 11:52 AM
The Times say Wenger is set to sign a 3 year extension with the club worth £24m.

We've always been a fan tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Old Man Wenger. :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
07-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Making a killing.....

GP
07-12-2013, 04:02 PM
He's a great man. Love him.