PDA

View Full Version : Torres... Worth a punt?

AKBapologist
12-09-2011, 01:51 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11668_7172171,00.html

Wouldn't be suprised if the Chav's tried to offload him this winter...

Always rated the lad...

:coffee:

Cripps_orig
12-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Hes a bit shit now but still better than what we have

Dog Toffee
12-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Oh yeah, I can see Wenger spending 20+million on Torres in January, definitely.

Darth Vela
12-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Hell yes, he must still have the ability so if he's available for a decent price we should take a chance.

Marc Overmars
12-09-2011, 02:21 PM
On his day he is one of the very best.

But he hasn't had his day for like 2 years now. :unsure:

In his defence at least, Liverpool's decline and his injury problems contributed to his career tailing off there. As for his current stint at Chelsea, he was nothing more than a vanity signing from Uncle Roman. He wasn't needed but Ancelotti had to find a way of fitting him in because of the price tag, and he couldn't do that because they already had a settled system with Drogba up top.

The fact AVB is playing Sturridge and signed Lukaku as well means he's probably not at the top of his priority list either. :shrug:

I don't believe a player can just lose class and ability at the flick of the switch. It's all about being in the right environment for him personally and obviously Chelsea is not it.

It's a nice thought that we could swoop in and rescue him, so he could rekindle his form with us, but Chelsea wouldn't sell him to us and they'd want to recoup a lot of that 50m which we wouldn't pay anyway.

He's most likely to go home to Atletico if he does leave Chelsea IMO.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-09-2011, 02:22 PM
how much would we get him for?

would be less than the 50mil he went to the Chavs for as he is damaged goods and would be worth a punt to answer your question, would also force us to play two up front

but we would have to spend more than what we have left over from Cesc/Nas deals and would have to say goodbye to any Hazard/M'Vila dreams

got a few brass buttons I could offer

Darth Vela
12-09-2011, 02:25 PM
No less than 30m imo, maybe 35 if we threw in Squillaci as well, that's if Chelsea would be willing to sell to us as there'd be a few other teams happy to take him for that money, PSG spring to mind.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-09-2011, 02:31 PM
yeah Chavs would make sure we coughed up everything they thought we had left and TBH cant see Torres coming to us, I dont think we are a step up interms of creativity than were he is now but it could work, with Jack back and two decent wingers and you never know Stan may cough up some money in Jan.......however we just run the risk of having to go through one player again and that one day he will go knocking on the manager's door looking for move back home.

PGFC
12-09-2011, 02:33 PM
What? with his coke habit? not bloody likely...

*may not be true.

Cripps_orig
12-09-2011, 02:37 PM
yeah Chavs would make sure we coughed up everything they thought we had left and TBH cant see Torres coming to us, I dont think we are a step up interms of creativity than were he is now but it could work, with Jack back and two decent wingers and you never know Stan may cough up some money in Jan.......however we just run the risk of having to go through one player again and that one day he will go knocking on the manager's door looking for move back home.

Unlikely after his recent comments

Master Splinter
12-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Henry lost his pace after 30.

Torres has already lost it, seemingly.

He's not as creative as strikers like Rooney, RVP or Drogba either.

At the moment, he's as useless as that Michael Jackson statue at Craven Cottage.

Daniele
12-09-2011, 04:10 PM
worth a pint, more likely

Kano
13-09-2011, 12:55 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11668_7172171,00.html

Wouldn't be suprised if the Chav's tried to offload him this winter...

Always rated the lad...

:coffee:

jesus christ. how much football manager you been playing recently?

add to that some of the bs you've gleamed from twitter over the summer and it adds up to one hell of a steaming rotten pile of pissing bollocks.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2011, 03:23 AM
What's he on, about £2billion a week? We couldn't afford him even on a free.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-09-2011, 11:21 AM
We're taking a lot of flak. . .the engine has been hit
the last 3 posts have knocked this thread out the sky

Coney
13-09-2011, 11:23 AM
If he costs £35- and finds his form again, he would be a great buy. I reckon he would be great alongside RvP and fed by Arteta/Wilshere - again it is if he can find the form he had when he first joined Liverpool.

Flavs
13-09-2011, 11:34 AM
No thanks, he is a cunt and we have those in abundance already

Fist of Lehmann
13-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Apparently said his Chelsea teammates were 'slow' in a recent interview.

Whether he meant physically or mentally am currently unsure.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-09-2011, 11:51 AM
I would go along with that and he could be tempted by a fresh challenge. . . .and they dont come much fresher than us but a big question is us paying that much. . . .I mean look what we did this summer. . . .we ran away every time the price went any close to what we paid for Arshavin

we sit on the sidelines watching other clubs pay the kind of money that talent demands, I mean shit we let teams pay the same kind of money for our own players who theu deem are quality but still refuse to follow suit.
Instead the biggest deal of our summer was the 12 mil paid for the Oxo kid, last seen making up the numbers at Old Trafford!
we had more than one chance to pay in quality,

1) Cahill quality(?) But better than what we have, this one I agree is not 17 mil worth and I for one thought the reported initial bid was a bit of a cute move and that we would up the ante and meet in the middle, that Cahill would be playing for us, a bit of a fuck up by us that he isn't

2) Mata, quality (yes) early signs show thus, maybe never seriously coming to us once the Chavs entered the game but we were too slow and may have been able to seal this

3) Hazard, quality (yes) too many wide players some say, dont really give a fuck as some pteams have too many midfielders and seem to do OK and dont really think so as as Walctt and Arshavin shouldnt be playing there in the first place. Classic case of avoiding the big pay out cos I think if we went close to Lilles evaluation we could have landed him. Now we will wait for Jan or next summer sales, likewise M'Vila. Both these players will no doubt end elsewhere.

Dont get me wrong, Im not gutted with who we brought in and I would hate to see us spunk our money away on big name has beens, but a 10 mil deal here, a 7 mil deal there may not be enough in the current climate.

Coney is right, a back in the day Torres for 35 mil would be a no brainer but a back in the day Torres would not go for 35.
There is no guarantee and things often are a gamble but we may, just may come out a winner or we could like the last time we broke our transfer record end up with. . . .

Japan Shaking All Over
13-09-2011, 11:53 AM
My last post was following Coneys. . .couldnt be bothered to edit

Arsenal Fan
13-09-2011, 12:00 PM
What's he on, about £2billion a week? We couldn't afford him even on a free.

:gp:

Flavs
13-09-2011, 12:06 PM
on another point, we just managed to get rid of our whiney, greedy, inconsistent, up his own arse, she male. The last thing we need is to go and buy another.

IBK
13-09-2011, 01:43 PM
on another point, we just managed to get rid of our whiney, greedy, inconsistent, up his own arse, she male. The last thing we need is to go and buy another.

This. Also Torres has illustrated the problem with marquee signings - because they can as easily blow up as be an Aguero. I mean how many 'big name' strikers have Citeh got through before hitting the jackpot?

hobson's choice
13-09-2011, 03:06 PM
He thinks Chelsea plays slow, what would he think of our play.

Coney
13-09-2011, 04:10 PM
No thanks, he is a cunt and we have those in abundance already

:haha:

Boss
13-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Well past it and would be a complete waste of money.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-09-2011, 06:40 PM
what makes you think he'll get service here?
we've been utter crap at giving service to strikers this year, piss poor in the final third.

he'll flop here. 2 years ago he'd have scored 30 goals a season though.

fakeyank
13-09-2011, 08:22 PM

:police:

Mods, above message is making fun of shemales. GW needs to be LGBTA friendly and not biased against male players with feminine features.

Coney
13-09-2011, 08:49 PM

Mods, above message is making fun of shemales. GW needs to be LGBTA friendly and not biased against male players with feminine features.

Did you hear the story of the boy who put his finger in the dyke?

Injury Time
13-09-2011, 08:56 PM
He signed for Citeh? :unsure:

fakeyank
13-09-2011, 09:00 PM

No.

GP
13-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Torres can go fuck himself with a 14 inch black rubber cock.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Torres can go fuck himself with a 14 inch black rubber cock.

Gp :bow:

Torres:pal:

Coney
14-09-2011, 07:59 AM

No.

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/l/little_dutch_boy.html

There are other versions on the internet, of course. ;)

LDG
14-09-2011, 09:43 AM

Or your girlfriends who look like men :good:

milla
14-09-2011, 12:20 PM
What the fudge is LGBTA? :coffee:

Coney
14-09-2011, 12:30 PM
What the fudge is LGBTA? :coffee:

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Association

milla
14-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Association

I have nothing against lesbian and bisexual woman tbh, all jolly good. :good:

fakeyank
14-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Or your girlfriends who look like men :good:

You are not my gf..

Coney
14-09-2011, 02:36 PM
I have nothing against lesbian and bisexual woman tbh, all jolly good. :good:

Sure - as long as I can watch, it's fine by me. :)

Flavs
14-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Sure - as long as I can watch, it's fine by me. :)

From my experience the last thing i would ever want to see is real lesbians at it

PGFC
14-09-2011, 03:01 PM
I concur whole-heartedly, lipstick lesbians ftw!!

Xhaka Can’t
14-09-2011, 05:48 PM

We tolerate you - isn't that enough?

fakeyank
14-09-2011, 07:21 PM
We tolerate you - isn't that enough?

No. If my posts about Jews can warrant a warning from you mods, I need this one to get one too. Dont be cunts to one person but be cunts in general!

Xhaka Can’t
14-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Grow up.

GP
14-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Torres is worth a punt alright, right in his greasy testicles.

Maestro
14-09-2011, 09:37 PM
No. If my posts about Jews can warrant a warning from you mods, I need this one to get one too. Dont be cunts to one person but be cunts in general!

FakeYank, how do you get away with calling the mods cunts on here?

fakeyank
14-09-2011, 09:40 PM
FakeYank, how do you get away with calling the mods cunts on here?

Whats there to get away calling a spade, a spade? :unsure: