PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Blackburn

Cripps_orig
17-09-2011, 01:37 PM
We're going down

Conceding 4 to the bottom place team is shocking.

Wenger has to go asap. He can have no backers left surely. Worst manager we've had by a mile and a half.

Absolutely shocking 2nd half performance. Relegation is pretty much a certainty if Wenger stays.

KSE Comedy Club
17-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Another easy team beats us. Yay.

currently relegation form.

Stunning :good:

hymppi
17-09-2011, 01:40 PM
we have fallen from grace.
arsenal, for what is was :rose:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Long hard season is all i can say

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 01:42 PM
We're going down

Conceding 4 to the bottom place team is shocking.

Wenger has to go asap. He can have no backers left surely. Worst manager we've had by a mile and a half.

Absolutely shocking 2nd half performance. Relegation is pretty much a certainty if Wenger stays.

Wenger is a twat but its nothis fault that gev was a greedy cunt ane never passed it to rvp and made it 3-1

Marc Overmars
Good 1st half.

2nd half...well, just underlines everything that's gone wrong with this team. You cannot defend the indefensible, it's there for all to see and keeps on coming at us in more and more spectactular ways.

We weren't even under any serious pressure but still contrived to throw it away against a team like Blackburn. It's utterly pathetic and has gone on too long now.

Özim
It was dogshite defender day, oh no that's every match!

Awful team, awful manager, it's really getting embarrassing now...how long can he last with sh*t like this week in week out?

Ernesto
I remember why I stopped watching Arsenal. I hadn't seen the last two televised EPL games of Arsenal and I can't believe I got roped into this shit today.

Just f*** off Wenger, really, just f*** off.

Tipsychubbs
17-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Embarrassing. Again. When will it end?

When we have a new manager...and a new board.

Fats
Wenger has to go its simple, and he can take his french cunt with him

Cripps_orig
Whats the betting he mentions a lack of sharpness and a little tiredness cos of the Dortmund game?

Özim
Wenger is a twat but its nothis fault that gev was a greedy cunt ane never passed it to rvp and made it 3-1
It's totally his fault.

He signs the players, had he signed someone prolific we'd have won, had he sorted the defence we'd have won. Basically it's all his fault.

topgun
17-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Thanks Wenger it took a while but you have finally turned the club into a shambles and a fiasco.Please go ASAP.:fury:

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Quick roll call. Could the people who think we are finishing top 4 please speak up? And also those who laughed at the thought we'd finish in the lower half of the table. We have a team of some very good players and then some terrible, awful, fucked up players who shouldn't be anywhere near this level. And they fucked us again today. Just like they've fucked us in the past and just like they'll fuck us all season.

Just so the board and Wenger could bank extra cash.

Can we please end the myth of Koscielny, Chamakh, Walcott, Djourou and the other shite that drags our squad down and can we end it now before things get really way out of hand? And above all, can we finally end the myth of Wenger.

Fucking shocking.

£100mill needs to be spent in January to correct the neglect of six years which is now being horribly exposed on the pitch. In fact make it £120mill as penance for being such miserly cunts.

Globalgunner
What else can be said that hasnt been said before. The man Wenger gets progressively worse at his job every year and yet no one is seeing to the obvious flaws. we cannot defend...we do not know how. New personnel with the wrong tactics still will make no difference. I am beyond caring really, the muppet must go. Fatty, Yakubu scores twice against us. we chip in with two OGs. Whem will this misery end....really

Thierrymon
Whats the betting he mentions a lack of sharpness and a little tiredness cos of the Dortmund game?

We showed great mental spirit in the first half though.

McNamara That Ghost...
Yeah anywhere else and the manager would've gone by now, this result makes it cast-iron. Sad to say but...

Wenger. :wave:

bilko22
one thing guys......stop wasting your time watching this team!

go outside and say good bye to this message board

give the next arsenal game a miss, take the gf/wife out for a meal or something

RomfordPele
17-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Game changed when Sagna went off. Djourou was an absolutely car crash and Santos looks like shit. This is the worst Arsenal team since the mid-90s.

Time for Wenger to sign that letter he's keeping in his drawer and head off to PSG. Kroenke can fuck off too. No confidence left in any of them.

Niall_Quinn
Wenger has to go its simple, and he can take his french cunt with him

She's German, I thought?

McNamara That Ghost...
Quick roll call. Could the people who think we are finishing top 4 please speak up? And also those who laughed at the thought we'd finish in the lower half of the table. We have a team of some very good players and then some terrible, awful, fucked up players who shouldn't be anywhere near this level. And they fucked us again today. Just like they've fucked us in the past and just like they'll fuck us all season.

Just so the board and Wenger could bank extra cash.

Can we please end the myth of Koscielny, Chamakh, Walcott, Djourou and the other shite that drags our squad down and can we end it now before things get really way out of hand? And above all, can we finally end the myth of Wenger.

Fucking shocking.

£100mill needs to be spent in January to correct the neglect of six years which is now being horribly exposed on the pitch. In fact make it £120mill as penance for being such miserly cunts.

Me. I'm probably wrong though and it hurts a fair bit tbf.

Master Splinter
Arsenal :bow:.

Great assists for the opposition.

Venkys :bow:.

Time to bring them in.

Marc Overmars
We're nowhere near good enough to finish 4th this year, that's clear as day.

It's always been his safety net, but will Wenger survive without it?

Joker
17-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Wenger is a fucking wanker. He wanted until the final few hours of the transfer window to sign some journeymen shite players, failed to sign the players we really needed (Baines, Cahill, Jagielka) and now that the season's started, we can all see that this squad is not good enough, but guess what? We can't make any changes now, so we're stuck with this squad until at least January.

Wenger needs to fuck off out of the club, he's ruining Arsenal FC and it's heartbreaking to see.

Power n Glory
17-09-2011, 01:47 PM

Rubbish. What has that got to do with conceding 3 goals on the second half? The defence is a serious problem.

Marc Overmars
17-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Yeah anywhere else and the manager would've gone by now, this result makes it cast-iron. Sad to say but...

Wenger. :wave:

You know things have gone drastically wrong when Maccy is fed up.

Japan Shaking All Over
the formation is wrong, if we cant beat Blackburn playing it then it has little future

two up front
Kos has no confidence left but we have no choice because we cant keep switching. . . .however thinking about it Miquel apart from Verms has looked the best we have fielded. . . .give him the job till Verms is back. . . .I cant believe we have lost

I would have Oxo on the bench. . . .and I would play Arshavin

Cripps_orig
We're nowhere near good enough to finish 4th this year, that's clear as day.

It's always been his safety net, but will Wenger survive without it?

Hope we dont find out and he goes now so the new manager has the rest of this season to bed in his tactics, get some players in in January to stave off relegation and start again in the summer with a full pre season dedicated to righting all the wrong Wenger has done.

Ernesto
I agree, we can't really put this down to one individual mistake that MAY have had SOME bearing on the game (if, for instance, Gervinho had passed to RvP to make it 1-3, what's the betting Blackeye wouldn't have come out in the 2nd half and scored one to get under our skins and THEN get the inevitable equaliser?)

I don't even know why the f*** we choose to broadcast Wenger's views on here any more....I know he's our manager and all, but the result's done. He couldn't do anything about the damned lack of incentive before or during the game, what the f*** is he going to do after it?

Still a lot of life left in the day. The sun's shining, plenty to do, and as long as I avoid all things football, the weekend could still be salvaged.

cheesy bites
17-09-2011, 01:50 PM
The first half we were very good. I was getting my hopes up, and bar the one slip to let in the Yak, we dominated.

Then we came out after half time.

I have no idea what's going on. Same mistakes and problems as always:
1. No leadership whatsoever
2. Getting done on the counter again
3. "Should we sign a right back to cover Sagna, Arsene?" "No."
4. Walcott doing absolutely fuck all, and getting in the team because of his nationality/100m sprint time
5. Going behind, then collapsing

I'm close to being done with Arsenal for a few games anyway. I can't watch this pile of shite anymore, I need a break.

Joker
Our goals weren't caused by great football by Blackburn, most teams would have been able to repel their attacks with relative ease. But because our defenders are worthless pieces of shit, even a simple attack causes us no end of problems.

Marc Overmars
I just lol'd at the 4th goal.

Djourou gets skinned then the ball just hits Kos and goes in.

Sums it all up.

Daniele
we're relegation candidates. Santos is an awful player. Djourou is shit and shit is Djourou. Ramsey is liquid shit, diarrhoea or whichever way it's written. fuck them all.

Özim
Hope we dont find out and he goes now so the new manager has the rest of this season to bed in his tactics, get some players in in January to stave off relegation and start again in the summer with a full pre season dedicated to righting all the wrong Wenger has done.
Yup he needs to go now, hard for a new manager to not be able to bring in players he wants but at least he can improve tactics and work on the defence and change the type of football.

The longer ******* stays the harder it will be to turn it around,

Bye Mr Wenger been nice knowing you, thanks for all the memories :wave:

Olivier's xmas twist
It's totally his fault.

He signs the players, had he signed someone prolific we'd have won, had he sorted the defence we'd have won. Basically it's all his fault.

He scored a goal gev did not talking about that im talking about him being greedy never said shit about the cb's so not sure why you mentioned it

i agree on the cb thing though

Fats
17-09-2011, 01:51 PM
She's German, I thought?

Kos?

Thierrymon
17-09-2011, 01:52 PM
The first half we were very good. I was getting my hopes up, and bar the one slip to let in the Yak, we dominated.

Then we came out after half time.

I have no idea what's going on. Same mistakes and problems as always:
1. No leadership whatsoever
2. Getting done on the counter again
3. "Should we sign a right back to cover Sagna, Arsene?" "No."
4. Walcott doing absolutely fuck all, and getting in the team because of his nationality/100m sprint time
5. Going behind, then collapsing

I'm close to being done with Arsenal for a few games anyway. I can't watch this pile of shite anymore, I need a break.

We signed that sickly lookinh pub team player.

Joker
Yup he needs to go now, hard for a new manager to not be able to bring in players he wants but at least he can improve tactics and work on the defence and change the type of football.

The longer ******* stays the harder it will be to turn it around,

Bye Mr Wenger been nice knowing you, thanks for all the memories :wave:

As long as the club keeps making profits, ******* will be kept on by the greedy board. Moreover, there was a recent poll by YouGov that found that only 10% of Arsenal fans want Wenger out. Unless our fans stop being sheep and swallowing all the BS that ******* comes out with, Wenger will remain at the club for a long time yet.

Olivier's xmas twist
Rubbish. What has that got to do with conceding 3 goals on the second half? The defence is a serious problem.

well we go 3-1 up its a diffrent game is it not. whether we still would have one who knows.

Özim
17-09-2011, 01:53 PM
He scored a goal gev did not talking about that im talking about him being greedy never said shit about the cb's so not sure why you mentioned it

i agree on the cb thing though
Well you said it's not his fault, but it totally is, noone made him sign Gervinho after all. He should have signed a finisher, he didn't he's getting what he deserves, it's just a shame we have to suffer for his incompetence.

Olivier's xmas twist
Wenger is a fucking wanker. He wanted until the final few hours of the transfer window to sign some journeymen shite players, failed to sign the players we really needed (Baines, Cahill, Jagielka) and now that the season's started, we can all see that this squad is not good enough, but guess what? We can't make any changes now, so we're stuck with this squad until at least January.

Wenger needs to fuck off out of the club, he's ruining Arsenal FC and it's heartbreaking to see.

whats this got to do with match reaction,

Fats
Tony Adams Steve Bould Lee Dixon and Nigel Winterburn should come training and tell these fools what to do.

If they dont listen, individually take them into a room and beat the fuck out of them.

Ernesto
we're relegation candidates. Santos is an awful player. Djourou is shit and shit is Djourou. Ramsey is liquid shit, diarrhoea or whichever way it's written. fuck them all.

Perfect spelling. Unless, of course, you live in the States, in which case it'd be diarrhea.

Man, I'm depressed. :crying:

Joker
17-09-2011, 01:54 PM
whats this got to do with match reaction,

Come on man, you must realise that the reason we're losing to shite teams like Blackburn is because Wenger fucked up in the transfer window. If we had signed Cahill, Jagielka and Baines there's no way we'd have lost today. But Wenger is such a penny pinching wanker that he went for the bargain basement signings and we're now looking at the consequences.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Well you said it's not his fault, but it totally is, noone made him sign Gervinho after all. He should have signed a finisher, he didn't he's getting what he deserves, it's just a shame we have to suffer for his incompetence.

But he scored today, though he was not bought to be a stiker was he, so not sure why you'd think he'd be prolific tbh

Özim
As long as the club keeps making profits, ******* will be kept on by the greedy board. Moreover, there was a recent poll by YouGov that found that only 10% of Arsenal fans want Wenger out. Unless our fans stop being sheep and swallowing all the BS that ******* comes out with, Wenger will remain at the club for a long time yet.
He's had too much support for too long to be honest, it doesn't seem to matter what he does but he still gets the majority supporting him.

If you want this club to be great again, stop supporting this guy now and make it clear he has to go!

Daniele
Perfect spelling. Unless, of course, you live in the States, in which case it'd be diarrhea.

Man, I'm depressed. :crying:

they must have squandered what, 15 goal chances? them bunch of useless twats. them and their manager.

Niall_Quinn
I agree, we can't really put this down to one individual mistake that MAY have had SOME bearing on the game (if, for instance, Gervinho had passed to RvP to make it 1-3, what's the betting Blackeye wouldn't have come out in the 2nd half and scored one to get under our skins and THEN get the inevitable equaliser?)

I don't even know why the f*** we choose to broadcast Wenger's views on here any more....I know he's our manager and all, but the result's done. He couldn't do anything about the damned lack of incentive before or during the game, what the f*** is he going to do after it?

Still a lot of life left in the day. The sun's shining, plenty to do, and as long as I avoid all things football, the weekend could still be salvaged.

Football is about the ups AND the downs. The glory doesn't count unless you live through the agony too. Not saying I like it or want it but in reality I could never stop watching.

Wow, Sky saying we are 23 goals difference behind Utd. Hmm, I wonder if there could be a problem with the defence? Anyone think so? Arsene?

Olivier's xmas twist
Come on man, you must realise that the reason we're losing to shite teams like Blackburn is because Wenger fucked up in the transfer window. If we had signed Cahill, Jagielka and Baines there's no way we'd have lost today. But Wenger is such a penny pinching wanker that he went for the bargain basement signings and we're now looking at the consequences.

Yeah i know all i meant was your post sounded like a post that should be in the transfer thread thats all.

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Tony Adams Steve Bould Lee Dixon and Nigel Winterburn should come training and tell these fools what to do.

If they dont listen, individually take them into a room and beat the fuck out of them.

How about they just come in and beat the fuck out of them?

Özim
But he scored today, though he was not bought to be a stiker was he, so not sure why you'd think he'd be prolific tbh
Yes he did, but his end product is largely very poor (or has been thus far). It also doesn't change the fact that with a goalscorer we'd score a lot more of our chances, we were very wasteful today and when you then factor in the awful defence who can't keep them out you can see the problem.

Thierrymon
If Wenger were to go now who could we get to replace him?

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Kos?

No, his slag. The bit of stuff he has stashed in France.

Cripps_orig

Anyone

We cant be any worse.

It really has come to that.

cheesy bites

That is the absolutely only thing keeping him in a job.

Özim
Football is about the ups AND the downs. The glory doesn't count unless you live through the agony too. Not saying I like it or want it but in reality I could never stop watching.

Wow, Sky saying we are 23 goals difference behind Utd. Hmm, I wonder if there could be a problem with the defence? Anyone think so? Arsene?
He's never had a clue about the defence, everytime he signs someone it gets worse.

We should have bit the bullet and signed some quality and brought a decent coach in, once again though we scrimped and in the end panic bought (something Wenger said he'd never do), this is the result.

Fats
17-09-2011, 01:58 PM
How about they just come in and beat the fuck out of them?

Ill go with that

Joker

At the moment he's a clueless manager, so anyone could take over and make a difference tbh. Even Mark fucking Hughes would be an improvement! (Even though he's a cunt)

Olivier's xmas twist

Feck that whyshould he get off scott free, keep him till the end of the season the bring in Guardiola once he leaves barca at the end of the season

Daniele
Anyone

We cant be any worse.

:good:

Daniele
17-09-2011, 02:00 PM
goal difference already is a problem as our competitors like Norwich, Qpr, Wba etc don't concede that much. seriously worried.

Thierrymon
Anyone

We cant be any worse.

Steve Wigley it is.

Ralpheroo72
Time for the Uzbek to come in, and for all you haters, how much worse could he do? Kroenke has done fuck all to make me think that things will change. Its like he and Hill Wood are family. Today was a shambles, and this cannot continue. Wenger out. Get on the phone to the Turkish FA, and get them to name their price to release Hiddink. This is the worst team in a long time, and will take many millions to fix.

Olivier's xmas twist
Yes he did, but his end product is largely very poor (or has been thus far). It also doesn't change the fact that with a goalscorer we'd score a lot more of our chances, we were very wasteful today and when you then factor in the awful defence who can't keep them out you can see the problem.

I agree thats why we after Benzema what couldwe do if he did not want to come(not that i blame him)

Fats

Joey Deacon

FITCIP
17-09-2011, 02:01 PM
You know things have gone drastically wrong when Maccy is fed up.

This.

Olivier's xmas twist
At the moment he's a clueless manager, so anyone could take over and make a difference tbh. Even Mark fucking Hughes would be an improvement! (Even though he's a cunt)

Not really, we go and get the wrong man then were fucked, you need someone the players will respond too.

Niall_Quinn

I'll do it. Fuck it, I'd just jump on GW on Saturday morning, we could sort out the team, I'd pop in here during half time for a pow-wow and make whatever changes we though we needed. Plus we could share the team research during the weekend and the transfer window would fucking rock and roll!

There's no way we could get worse results than these.

Who's up for it?

Cripps_orig
Feck that whyshould he get off scott free, keep him till the end of the season the bring in Guardiola once he leaves barca at the end of the season

If Wenger stays til the end of the season and then goes, i really doubt Guardiola will want to take over a Championship club

Cripps_orig
17-09-2011, 02:02 PM
I'll do it. Fuck it, I'd just jump on GW on Saturday morning, we could sort out the team, I'd pop in here during half time for a pow-wow and make whatever changes we though we needed. Plus we could share the team research during the weekend and the transfer window would fucking rock and roll!

Who's up for it?

You've got my vote

Power n Glory
17-09-2011, 02:02 PM
well we go 3-1 up its a diffrent game is it not. whether we still would have one who knows.

It would have been a different game if we'd have held a 1-0 lead for the whole game. It works both ways, mate. If we'd have scored a third they could have scored another and so on.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 02:03 PM
so what excuse di wneger use this time

Cripps_orig
Steve Wigley it is.

Id take him over Wenger

Özim
I agree thats why we after Benzema what couldwe do if he did not want to come(not that i blame him)
I don't think we were ever Benzema realistically, we won't cough up the cash....players like him can't be bought for 5 million.

Thierrymon

Who's up for it?

My vote is for Ach.

A team full of walcotts.

Japan Shaking All Over
the formation is wrong, if we cant beat Blackburn playing it then it has little future

two up front
Kos has no confidence left but we have no choice because we cant keep switching. . . .however thinking about it Miquel apart from Verms has looked the best we have fielded. . . .give him the job till Verms is back. . . .I cant believe we have lost

I would have Oxo on the bench. . . .and I would play Arshavin

Meant to day I woukd never play Arshavin, Djourou or Kos

Tipsychubbs
17-09-2011, 02:04 PM

We were 4-0 up at newcastle and managed to draw 4-4. You can never understimate the team's ability to do a spectacular collapse. There is little team spirit, morale or leadership. It's nothing new.

When it comes down to it a Gervinho/Van Persie chance cannot excuse the poor defensive organisation that has been a problem for YEARS, the lack of balls and the lack of clinically finishing games off when we are dominating.

Ernesto
17-09-2011, 02:05 PM

I'm with you, honestly. I genuinely thought (being a glass half-empty sort of guy) that after the Invincibles season, things could only get worse. It would test my intestinal fortitude as a fan to see how I get through the "thin", so to speak.

You say football is about the ups and downs- our football is now so damned predictable. We're losing the games we're expected to lose (with aplomb) and we're dropping points where it's half-expected, too. There is no rabbit-out-of-the-hat result, nothing that makes the critics think "boy, this Arsenal team have still got something to say about themselves". We're in London now in the EPL right the way until mid-November, that's 6 games. There is NOTHING, absolutely nothing to have me believe that this bunch of misfits with their Accountant with BA Hons manager can go to both Stamford Bridge and WHL and get a grand total of 6 points.

If I was frequently coming across ManUre, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea fans at work, I'd have given up on football a long time ago. The sheer horror of it all is too much at the Arsenal.

Joker
So what excuses had wenger used this time

*******: "It was a difficult game against physical opposition. We lacked a little bit of sharpness you know, also the weather made it difficult for us to play our football. I believe the 3rd goal was offside and that made all the difference. I don't think we have a defensive problem because most of the goals were freak goals that will never happen again. I believe my squad have an extraordinary mental strength and togetherness, and we'll bounce back from this result. Koscielny is down after that result but he's a great defender who was a little bit unlucky today."

Asthmatic Kitty
lol at all the people berating gervinho, who was one of our better performers today (and by far our best winger atm).
when we score 3 goals and still lose maybe you should be looking at players in other positions to berate.

was pretty excited by the santos signing but he looked pretty awful today, slow, gave the ball away a lot and doesn't stay in line with the rest of the backline. will give him a few more games before i write him off though.

our own goals were depressing, the commentators saying 'aw there's nothing he can do about that' is rubbish, he could actually anticipate the fucking ball and not just stand there like a lemon! we have such a losers mentality.

hopefully, if wenger himself doesn't leave, he will get some extra coaches to sort out our horrific defence, because it seems like wenger doesn't have a clue.

Ralpheroo72
17-09-2011, 02:06 PM
When can you start?

Who's up for it?

arsenalbandit
Joey Deacon

:cheers: Good call!

Özim
If not for that "lucky" underserved win against Swansea we'd be bottom of the table and deservedly so, it really has been that bad so far.

Joker
17-09-2011, 02:07 PM
If not for that "lucky" underserved win against Swansea we'd be bottom of the table and deservedly so, it really has been that bad so far.

I think we need to follow Blackburn fans' lead and carry out some mass protests against the manager and the board tbh.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Anyone know anyone who went to the game today?

Tell them to pick up some tips on how to protest against our manager cos its time that happened

Power n Glory
17-09-2011, 02:08 PM

Then why are you even shifting the blame to Gervinho for not passing and messing up that chance? Cut the BS. I've got a serious problem with people that try to defend all of Wenger's decisions and contradict themselves in the process.

Özim
17-09-2011, 02:09 PM
lol at all the people berating gervinho, who was one of our better performers today (and by far our best winger atm).
His forehead is too big tbh.

No that's fair enough, he did play OK and scored but his end product is disappointing.

You only need to point the finger in one direction, that's in the direction of that grey haired guy picking his nose and waving his arms up and down on the bench.

gunnerrrrr
17-09-2011, 02:11 PM
These players under mouhrino would be different calibre...... It's wenger that's shit, clueless, classless ..... He's lost it completely he needs to go today

RomfordPele
17-09-2011, 02:13 PM
I think it's quite simple now. If the money's there and Wenger has refused to spend it then the board now have to sack Wenger for gross incompetence.

If they don't sack him then you have to assume the board now consists of asset stripping bandits. And that means the fan base, RedAction, the AST etc, have to respond to protect the future of the club.

gunnerrrrr
17-09-2011, 02:17 PM
I think it's quite simple now. If the money's there and Wenger has refused to spend it then the board now have to sack Wenger for gross incompetence.

If they don't sack him then you have to assume the board now consists of asset stripping bandits. And that means the fan base, RedAction, the AST etc, have to respond to protect the future of the club.
It's beyond money mate, with our squad last year Mourhinio would have won the league' it is Wenger and his rigid, static, repetitive management.

433 regardless of the opposition, players in the wrong position etc etc usless

Ralpheroo72
17-09-2011, 02:18 PM
:good:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Then why are you even shifting the blame to Gervinho for not passing and messing up that chance? Cut the BS. I've got a serious problem with people that try to defend all of Wenger's decisions and contradict themselves in the process.

I said you can't blame wenget for gev being selsfish or did he tell him to be as well then? Gev should used hos brain and passed the ball.

Nothing to do with shifiting blame

Power n Glory
17-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Damn right it's beyond money. He plays zonal marking and puts 9 men in and around the 6 yard box for freekicks and corners. There is no organisation there and we've supposed to have been working on this all summer because our open play goal conceded record was 'world class' according to Wenger. It goes beyond money and I feared this was the case.

The new players were supposed to give this team a confidence boost. We're at rock bottom again. This is relegation form and the manager has no answers to our problems.

fakeyank
17-09-2011, 02:25 PM

You are kidding me dude.. that was fuckin blackburn, the bottom fuckin team before the game. To concede 4 against them is shameful.

Power n Glory
17-09-2011, 02:29 PM
I said you can't blame wenget for gev being selsfish or did he tell him to be as well then? Gev should used hos brain and passed the ball.

Nothing to do with shifiting blame

If you think that one goal could have changed the way we defend then there is no point in talking to you. It's as if you haven't been watching us play over the past few years and seen us give away 2,3 and 4 goal leads.

RomfordPele
Damn right it's beyond money. He plays zonal marking and puts 9 men in and around the 6 yard box for freekicks and corners. There is no organisation there and we've supposed to have been working on this all summer because our open play goal conceded record was 'world class' according to Wenger. It goes beyond money and I feared this was the case.

Ok, so the board, i.e. Kroenke, now has to step and sack Wenger then. Otherwise he's basically admitting he's only interested in making money and milking the club of its best assets and doesn't give a shit about the football. This is crunch time for him as well as Wenger.

Joker
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger after his side's 4-3 defeat by Blackburn: "We had so many chances in the game and on top of that we scored two own goals so it is unbelievable to understand, but we have to take it on the chin. At the moment defensively we are fragile because our confidence is gone due what happened at Old Trafford."

No it's not unbelievable to understand you fool, anyone can see our defence is fucking shite.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Surely now our confidence will be fucked due to what happened at Ewood Park?

Cripps_orig
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger after his side's 4-3 defeat by Blackburn: "We had so many chances in the game and on top of that we scored two own goals so it is unbelievable to understand, but we have to take it on the chin. At the moment defensively we are fragile because our confidence is gone due what happened at Old Trafford."

:doh:

Olivier's xmas twist
If you think that one goal could have changed the way we defend then there is no point in talking to you. It's as if you haven't been watching us play over the past few years and seen us give away 2,3 and 4 goal leads.

did you read mu original post because i said it may not have made a diffrence but i guess you wanted to pick and choose to make you feel good.

Joker
17-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Surely now our confidence will be fucked due to what happened at Ewood Park?

Exactly, and it's the manager's responsibility to lift the side after disappointments (let's be honest, Wenger's had a lot of practise over the last few seasons) and given that we're still not over the OT massacre shows that Wenger no longer can motivate this squad of players.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 02:31 PM
You are kidding me dude.. that was fuckin blackburn, the bottom fuckin team before the game. To concede 4 against them is shameful.

well it would be a diifrent game, never said whe win though did i

gunnerrrrr
17-09-2011, 02:32 PM
:doh:
Fucking clueless Arsene....just fck off tO PSG

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 02:32 PM

No it's not unbelievable to understand you fool, anyone can see our defence is fucking shite.

:haha: Its funny because its true

Cripps_orig
17-09-2011, 02:33 PM
3 of our defenders today didnt even play in the 8-2 loss...

The one that did was a train wreck though

Power n Glory
17-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Ok, so the board, i.e. Kroenke, now has to step and sack Wenger then. Otherwise he's basically admitting he's only interested in making money and milking the club of its best assets and doesn't give a shit about the football. This is crunch time for him as well as Wenger.

Please, no more talk of the board and Stan. When things go wrong it's the board that get it in the neck but when things are great it's all down to Wenger's vision.

Ralpheroo72
17-09-2011, 02:43 PM
What do you suggest? The club is a fucking shambles, from the top to the bottom, how did it get like this?

Please, no more talk of the board and Stan. When things go wrong it's the board that get it in the neck but when things are great it's all down to Wenger's vision.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Either one of Wenger or the Board are to blame.

Either there is money available and Wenger refuses to spend which puts him totally to blame

Or there isnt money to spend and Wenger has to make do therefore the Board is to blame

Both cant be innocent

However i think the following is happening.

There is money available but the board and Wenger are quite content to fill their pockets rather than spend on the team

Power n Glory
17-09-2011, 02:45 PM
did you read mu original post because i said it may not have made a diffrence but i guess you wanted to pick and choose to make you feel good.

But you still felt the need to point out a minor issue while something bigger is there right in front of your face. Why mention it at all if you felt it might not have made a difference?

Marc Overmars
17-09-2011, 02:45 PM
He's resigned!!

SSN breaking news.

:coffee:

fakeyank
17-09-2011, 02:46 PM

:gp:

I see this hate against Kroenke on here and amongst many arsenal fans. My question is, what has he done wrong? I am not saying he has done anything right either but this man has been the owner since last season... our shit manager has been fuckin us over the last 5 seasons.. but guess what? Lets blame the yank! He knows nothing about 'soccer'.. he is bringing the club down.

AW is to blame for 95% of whats going wrong and 5% with the board and that 5% is coz they are not sacking this sack of shit!

fakeyank
17-09-2011, 02:46 PM
But you still felt the need to point out a minor issue while something bigger is there right in front of your face. Why mention it at all if you felt it might not have made a difference?

This.

RomfordPele
17-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Either one of Wenger or the Board are to blame.

Either there is money available and Wenger refuses to spend which puts him totally to blame

Or there isnt money to spend and Wenger has to make do therefore the Board is to blame

Both cant be innocent

However i think the following is happening.

There is money available but the board and Wenger are quite content to fill their pockets rather than spend on the team

Exactly. That's the point I made earlier.

So before we weren't allowed to criticise Wenger. Now we're not allowed to criticise the board?

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2011, 02:47 PM

It's right for the board to get it in the neck when things go wrong. They enjoy the most senior positions at the club and should assume responsibility if the club is not performing. The fans can't sack Wenger, the players can't sack him. Only the board can do that so why shouldn't they be condemned if they fail to act? And why shouldn't we wonder why they don't act? This is an ongoing decline, not a problem that has sprung up. There must come a time where a problem is acknowledged and those responsible for it step up and either correct it or leave it to somebody who can.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2011, 02:48 PM

I see this hate against Kroenke on here and amongst many arsenal fans. My question is, what has he done wrong? I am not saying he has done anything right either but this man has been the owner since last season... our shit manager has been fuckin us over the last 5 seasons.. but guess what? Lets blame the yank! He knows nothing about 'soccer'.. he is bringing the club down.

AW is to blame for 95% of whats going wrong and 5% with the board and that 5% is coz they are not sacking this sack of shit!

Something Kroenke said recently that got to me and suggested that hes going to do f all to change things.

Let me try and find it

Here it is

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/09/11/arsenal-owner-silent-stan-kroenke-speaks-on-transfer-policy/

“There’s a risk of going backwards if you overreact and start throwing money around in an attempt to solve your problems,” explained Kroenke. Looks to me like he wont spend

Bergstar
17-09-2011, 02:48 PM
I think the huge issue is the form displayed through 2011. Lets be clear this season is a follow on from the last 13/14 of last. This team is in serious trouble and it's not about new players settling in. A rot has set in and people should forget any hope and expectation of a top 4 finish. The last 18 premier league games, which amounts to half a season sees this side in relegation form. That is the reality

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 02:49 PM

Nah it won'y make a diffrence

Ollie the Optimist
17-09-2011, 02:49 PM
He's resigned!!

SSN breaking news.

i dont have sky, you winding us up?

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 02:50 PM
He's resigned!!

SSN breaking news.

:coffee:

not the best time to wum tbh

Master Splinter
17-09-2011, 02:50 PM
i dont have sky, you winding us up?

:rose:

Master Splinter
17-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Time to ban MO IMO.

Power n Glory
What do you suggest? The club is a fucking shambles, from the top to the bottom, how did it get like this?

I suggest we don't even speak about the board because what's going on behind the scenes is a mystery. What happened to day is a result of bad coaching and Wenger's regime.

The board shouldn't have to threaten Wenger to win games. For his own sense of pride and dignity, he should be putting teams like Blackburn to the sword.

Marc Overmars
Only two sides (Southampton 98/99 and Derby 07/08) have conceded more goals after five PL games than Arsenal this season. 14.

Niall_Quinn

He could be Chinese for all I care. It's nothing to do with his nationality, everything to do with the fact he's an ignorant, arrogant cunt. He comes and buys up a club with a history, a fan base with hopes of improvement rather than continued decline and what does the cunt say? Fuck all. Not sure he even knows we exist but he sure enjoys taking our fucking money. Not even a 5 minute announcement about his plans for the club. What's the deal? Everyone just pay up and shut the fuck up?

fakeyank
17-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Something Kroenke said recently that got to me and suggested that hes going to do f all to change things.

Let me try and find it

Here it is

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/09/11/arsenal-owner-silent-stan-kroenke-speaks-on-transfer-policy/

Looks to me like he wont spend

You forgot to quote the entire thing, I think..

“There’s a risk of going backwards if you overreact and start throwing money around in an attempt to solve your problems,” explained Kroenke.
“Unfortunately we saw that with the Rams several years ago.
“Signing a bunch of free agents wasn’t the answer. It set things back, and it took us a while to dig out of it.
“Our track record is out there for people to see. If we think there’s good value, we’ll spend.”

Cripps_orig
17-09-2011, 02:55 PM
You forgot to quote the entire thing, I think..

I was trying to take it easy

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 02:55 PM

What has he done right, all he has shown is he cares feck all about the fans and is happy to believe in a cluless manager coming in. Yes wenger is to blame for a lot but the board don't help matters at all.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Only two sides (Southampton 98/99 and Derby 07/08) have conceded more goals after five PL games than Arsenal this season. 14.

This season reminds me of liverpool under hodgson/rafa. We're the laughing stock of the big clubs tbh. If we went out the Cl early into the Europa league would not be a bad thing tbh.

fakeyank
17-09-2011, 02:59 PM
He could be Chinese for all I care. It's nothing to do with his nationality, everything to do with the fact he's an ignorant, arrogant cunt. He comes and buys up a club with a history, a fan base with hopes of improvement rather than continued decline and what does the cunt say? Fuck all. Not sure he even knows we exist but he sure enjoys taking our fucking money. Not even a 5 minute announcement about his plans for the club. What's the deal? Everyone just pay up and shut the fuck up?

Well lets say he is taking a lot of money from the club but he has been the owner for the last one year only, not the last 6 seasons where we have done fuck all. Lets humor the thought that Stan looks at all the profits in the club and withdraws 90% of it to his family n friends. Lets say we are left with 10 million quid in transfer cash, that just doesnt quite add upto why AW did not sign Scott Parker, Bellamy. Also, I do not think signing players alone will solve the problem... our tactics, formation is terrible. We have absolutely zero defensive co-ordination and for all this, I blame only one man- AW.

I understand you want AW out as well but I dont think its right to point a lot of blame at Stan based on him being an owner for just one year!

McNamara That Ghost...
17-09-2011, 02:59 PM
This season reminds me of liverpool under hodgson/rafa. We're the laughing stock of the big clubs tbh. If we went out the Cl early into the Europa league would not be a bad thing tbh.

It'd be a very bad thing.

fakeyank
17-09-2011, 03:00 PM
What has he done right, all he has shown is he cares feck all about the fans and is happy to believe in a cluless manager coming in. Yes wenger is to blame for a lot but the board don't help matters at all.

Kroenke has been here for a year as owner.. AW has been here for 15 years... sorry, let me correct myself.. AW has been at the club for 10 years and has been missing for the last 5!

fakeyank
17-09-2011, 03:01 PM
I was trying to take it easy

So he did say if there is good value, he'd spend... nothing in it about not spending. I dont think any person would want to just throw the cash. Dont see how it can be deemed as anything wrong.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2011, 03:03 PM
So he did say if there is good value, he'd spend... nothing in it about not spending. I dont think any person would want to just throw the cash. Dont see how it can be deemed as anything wrong.

He says theres a risk. Yes there is but then theres also the chance it can go right.

Hes not willing to take that risk and thats not a good thing

Power n Glory
17-09-2011, 03:03 PM
The board have there part to play and if they sit and watch as we drop down the table, then yes they should get it on the neck.

But people have always been quick to blame the board because they've never wanted to admit or see Arsene's flaws. It's been going on the years and before pointing to Arsene, I know a few people that would rather scapegoat the board.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-09-2011, 03:04 PM
I think it's more that he's not the full owner. Until that is resolved, there's not going to be any 'outside' investment. None of this really makes much of a difference from what occurs from the 45th minute onwards though.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 03:04 PM

Are you new here evryone wants us to throw the cash or splash the cash wengers biggest flaw i belive. so its ok for the owner to say it but not for the manager strange.

RomfordPele
17-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Kroenke has been here for a year as owner.. AW has been here for 15 years... sorry, let me correct myself.. AW has been at the club for 10 years and has been missing for the last 5!

Tbh I'm still prepared to give Kroenke the benefit of the doubt - not least because I think he's better than the alternative.

What I'd argue is that he does now need to demonstrate he cares about Arsenal as a football club not a cash cow. The situation we're in (and arguably the situation we found ourselves in during the summer) calls for the board to step in and take decisive action to sort the club out.

If they don't then the only conclusion you can draw is that they're happy for Arsenal to continue sinking down the league, just as long as the cash tills keep ringing. And that quite rightly pisses people off.

Power n Glory
17-09-2011, 03:07 PM
I think it's more that he's not the full owner. Until that is resolved, there's not going to be any 'outside' investment. None of this really makes much of a difference from what occurs from the 45th minute onwards though.

Exactly. We're getting ahead of ourselves with this ownership talk.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
17-09-2011, 03:07 PM

it was a good game and probably our best performance of the season so far. IMO the difference between the two sides was the defending, especially the CBs- but the whole world except AW knows that. So basically their should have been a protest, but it was definitely done by the wrong set of fans..

Cripps_orig
17-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Arsenal fans are planning to write to majority shareholder Stan Kroenke next week and arrange a meeting with the American businessman who is yet to approach the fans about the future of the club.

The Arsenal Supporters’ Trust (AST) are looking for Kroenke to outline his vision for the club after he declared he would talk to the fans, as well as consider the future of the club’s Fanshare system following the continuous stalemate between the American and fellow shareholder Alisher Usmanov.

Kroenke holds 66.6 per cent of the shares at Arsenal and attempted to make a full takeover of the north London outfit in April, but Usmanov has retained his 30 per cent despite not being on the board this season.

Billionaire Kroenke sent out a document to every Arsenal shareholder when he attempted to fully buy the club and in it, promised to talk to fans as soon as he could, but so far has been absent in his interaction with the supporters, living up to his nickname of 'Silent Stan'.

An AST spokesman was quoted as saying by talkSPORT “During the takeover of Arsenal Stan Kroenke committed to engaging with supporters.

“At an AST meeting on Monday night our members decided to write to Stan asking him to fulfil this commitment as soon as possible.

“Earlier this summer, 96 per cent of AST members said they wanted Kroenke to improve his communications with supporters including setting out his ambitions for the club and explaining the strategy he has to achieve them.”

Arsenal’s Fanshare scheme spans 1900 members who own around 70 shares that total just under £800,000, but with neither Kroenke or Usmanov budging on the other shares in the club, fans are feeling uneasy about the situation.

The scheme has been running for over a century and AST are concerned that the bond between fans and the board may be coming to an end.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/09/16/2668906/arsenal-fans-look-to-arrange-meeting-with-clubs-majority

Lets hope this happens soon and take it from there

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 03:09 PM
The board have there part to play and if they sit and watch as we drop down the table, then yes they should get it on the neck.

But people have always been quick to blame the board because they've never wanted to admit or see Arsene's flaws. It's been going on the years and before pointing to Arsene, I know a few people that would rather scapegoat the board.

If your no good at you job you boss will replace if he thinks he needs too, if he sees your still poor and decides to keep you he is either silly or has his reasons.

The reason i blame the board is because they are happy to stick with this guy no matter how many lows he sinks too.

Power n Glory
17-09-2011, 03:09 PM
[/B]

Are you new here evryone wants us to throw the cash or splash the cash wengers biggest flaw i belive. so its ok for the owner to say it but not for the manager strange.
It's a none issue. We bought players in the transfer window with £30m still in the bank to spend.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2011, 03:10 PM
on the team's second-half performance...
It's difficult to explain. I feel overall we created many chances, even in the second half. It just looked like we had a lack of focus for what we knew they were good at - corners and free-kicks.

on concerns about Arsenal’s defending...
You cannot say you are not worried when you see the performance we put in today. It's just not defensively solid enough. When you are 2-1 in front against Blackburn and you know that you are solid defensively, we will score goals.

on a disappointing afternoon...
It was not all negative today, that is the frustrating thing. There were a lot of positives as well, we just didn't bring the focus to get anything out of the game. At the moment we do not have the capability to focus defensively for 90 minutes to win games. It is important you do not give cheap goals away like we did.

on Arsenal’s start to the season…
It's just not good enough and, of course, we are very frustrated. The spirit in the team is quite willing but if you look at the number of goals we have conceded it is just not good enough. You cannot come here and concede four goals the way we did today. On the other hand I believe that the group will take off but it is important that we can get results.

on speculation about his future…
Speculation is part of modern life, there is nothing I can do about that. My future is focused on me giving the best for the Club.

on Ju Young Park…
On Wednesday [in the Carling Cup] he will play, yes. We have quite a big squad

If this is his best then he can keep his best and fuck off

WengerISaLizard
17-09-2011, 03:12 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lro9y2rLci1qen85yo1_500.jpg

Embarassing.

fakeyank
17-09-2011, 03:13 PM
[/B]

Its strange for the manager to not sort out the defense 6 seasons running, not change tactics 6 seasons running. Again, nobody is asking AW to splash the cash, spend wisely.. why couldnt he sign Arteta, Santos, Benayoun, Per before? Why wait till the last day? Why dont we have a defensive coach? That my friend is the problem!

Bergstar
17-09-2011, 03:13 PM
You'd have thought he was getting tired of wheeling out the lack of focus excuse all the time. If they lack focus on such a regulalr consistent basis, why does he not do anything about it

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 03:14 PM
It'd be a very bad thing.

Not really we can afford not to be there, and were not winning the CL. so being in it were making up the numbers. mind you we'd bottle the europa league too

Power n Glory
17-09-2011, 03:15 PM
If your no good at you job you boss will replace if he thinks he needs too, if he sees your still poor and decides to keep you he is either silly or has his reasons.

The reason i blame the board is because they are happy to stick with this guy no matter how many lows he sinks too.

This is the lowest we've been under Wenger so it's early days. This has never happened before but when Wenger refuses to spend or lets our our best players go for cheap, the board are the first point of call for blame even when it comes to light that we've always had money to spend and it's Wenger convincing the board to let our club captain go on the cheap. But still the board are to blame.

fakeyank
17-09-2011, 03:17 PM
So Denilson tweeted: Arsenal lost today

I replied: @_denilson15 yes sir, we missed your sideway passes and your amazing ability to track back

:lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 03:17 PM
This is the lowest we've been under Wenger so it's early days. This has never happened before but when Wenger refuses to spend or lets our our best players go for cheap, the board are the first point of call for blame even when it comes to light that we've always had money to spend and it's Wenger convincing the board to let our club captain go on the cheap. But still the board are to blame.

So why show faith in the guy i mean only they can sack him. thats why they take the some of the blame. I want him gone but need the bord to man up and do it.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2011, 03:19 PM
I blame Wenger for our shite on the pitch

I blame the board for not getting rid of Wenger for producing that shite on the pitch

Power n Glory
17-09-2011, 03:21 PM
You'd have thought he was getting tired of wheeling out the lack of focus excuse all the time. If they lack focus on such a regulalr consistent basis, why does he not do anything about it

He seems to think the problem was mental when it's tactical as well. Zonal defence doesn't work. Lining up 9 men on the 6 yard box to defend a set piece isn't smart. It causes confusion and we nobody knows who they should be marking.

fakeyank
I blame Wenger for our shite on the pitch

I blame the board for not getting rid of Wenger for producing that shite on the pitch

Common factor in both is that AW needs to GTFO

Daniele
So Denilson tweeted: Arsenal lost today

I replied: @_denilson15 yes sir, we missed your sideway passes and your amazing ability to track back

:lol:

well done mate

fakeyank
17-09-2011, 03:22 PM
He seems to think the problem was mental when it's tactical as well. Zonal defence doesn't work. Lining up 9 men on the 6 yard box to defend a set piece isn't smart. It causes confusion and we nobody knows who they should be marking.

Now when I played football, we never did zonal marking but this whole system... which team did it before? were they successful? have others tried and failed?

fakeyank
well done mate

:tiphat:

Cripps_orig
Say what you want about Denilson but this shit never happened when he was in the team

A better player than Ramsey

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Say what you want about Denilson but this shit never happened when he was in the team

A better player than Ramsey

You've lost it mate

alexander
17-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Was this result worse than the man u one? I think so.

Daniele
17-09-2011, 03:28 PM
after losing the CC final to Brums we have collapsed. What we have seen today is appalling, sloppy defending from a team who risks relegation and, what is more, haven't got the fighting spirit of a team which know their limits. Very concerned.

We lost to Brums and our confidence was gone then came the 8-2 at Old Trafford and it made things far worse. AW bought second-rate players. Merts is not the leader we had been lacking, Arteta is very good technically but shows no charisma or fighting spirit and today Santos was crappier than expected.

To stay up we'll need some more players in Jan. Unbelievable.

Daniele
17-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Was this result worse than the man u one? I think so.

yes because it was a 6 pointer

Sirjackofwilshere
17-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Results like this one and the 8-2 have been coming for the last 6 years. When you fail to invest, to correct chronic deficiencies and problems, transfer window after transfer window, year after year....inevitably you slip down the table. Hard to see us finishing anywhere near the top 4 at the moment.

We have two incompetent clowns in Kroenke and Gazidis. One seems to be in it for the money, the other has no clue whatsoever on English or European football and is a damp squib. The lack of direction at the club, the lack of pressure and direction from above on Arsene will cause big problems that will take years to recover from.

alexander
17-09-2011, 03:31 PM
I asked in another thread if we were at risk of doing a Leeds, and at the mo we are well on target.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Not really we can afford not to be there, and were not winning the CL. so being in it were making up the numbers. mind you we'd bottle the europa league too

It'd mean a truly awful 2011. That's not going to help us improve.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2011, 03:33 PM
I asked in another thread if we were at risk of doing a Leeds, and at the mo we are well on target.No cos we arent in money trouble

alexander
17-09-2011, 03:35 PM
what if we get relegated, no CL etc, fans going to games will fall. Im more worried about the form though, like leeds we have lost our best players, dont seem to be able to get our form back. Sound like leeds...no?

fakeyank
17-09-2011, 03:37 PM
No cos we arent in money trouble

We could be, if we get relegated and the 3million quid they make in match tickets diminishes! Take away the lucrative TV deals and the lack of superstars to sell, we could do a Leeds!

Daniele
17-09-2011, 03:40 PM
what if we get relegated, no CL etc, fans going to games will fall. Im more worried about the form though, like leeds we have lost our best players, dont seem to be able to get our form back. Sound like leeds...no?

no because we are financially solvent and sound. so far.

Olivier's xmas twist
We could be, if we get relegated and the 3million quid they make in match tickets diminishes! Take away the lucrative TV deals and the lack of superstars to sell, we could do a Leeds!

Nah gooners will still go and wantch the team thats what fans do. i doubt we'd get relegated though midtable we may finish though.

Power n Glory
So why show faith in the guy i mean only they can sack him. thats why they take the some of the blame. I want him gone but need the bord to man up and do it.

For all we know they could be on the phone trying to get Gus Hiddink or Ancelotti over. We could wake up tomorrow morning and here that Wenger has walked and we've got a great new coach coming soon. We don't know what's happening behind the scenes which is why it's pointless discussing this after we've lost a game. They can't sack him right now without a plan, that's just silly.

What would your reaction be if Wenger was sent packing and we brought in a top class coach the next day? Your prececption would change, right? Not so evil after all people would say. But until that happens they will always be an easy target. No point in blaming the board right now. Not for this. We can't measure their progress but we can with Wenger and the team.

alexander
17-09-2011, 03:44 PM
no because we are financially solvent and sound. so far.

Yes, but money aside, whats on the pitch is cack, proper cack. I relate us to the leeds situaton more in terms of losing players, replacing with cack and going down. On that front we are just the same. Money wont keep us up if we dont spend it, which we wont. WE might not go broke, but could go down.

RomfordPele
17-09-2011, 03:44 PM
For all we know they could be on the phone trying to get Gus Hiddink or Ancelotti over. We could wake up tomorrow morning and here that Wenger has walked and we've got a great new coach coming soon. We don't know what's happening behind the scenes which is why it's pointless discussing this after we've lost a game. They can't sack him right now without a plan, that's just silly.

What would your reaction be if Wenger was sent packing and we brought in a top class coach the next day? Your prececption would change, right? Not so evil after all people would say. But until that happens they will always be an easy target. No point in blaming the board right now. Not for this. We can't measure their progress but we can with Wenger and the team.

Generally agree with this. No point BLAMING the board at this stage (although shouldn't they have acted over the summer???), but now's the point when it IS legitimate to ask real questions about their role and intentions for the future.

Marc Overmars
17-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Fans have already voted with their feet. Since when do games this early in the season go on general sale?

If this season pans out how it's on course to at the moment, then the board will surely have to look at possibly reducing ticket prices. Who in their right mind is going to keep on paying Harrods prices for what is clearly a Primark product.

Dennis
17-09-2011, 03:51 PM
worst part of all this for me?

why, for the love of christ, did my mind tell me to check qpr and norwich's score, just in the hope we havent dropped points to them? A-ha Alan Partridge fucking Norwich and QP super twattin hoops fucking R!! Have we gone back to the fuckin 80's??

sweet lordy how times have changed as a gooner.

thick and thin and all that but did it have to come to such an abrupt halt???

Cripps_orig
The attendance v Shrewsbury should be interesting.

Carling Cup games have cheap tickets and usually have good crowds ie 50,000+ but i wouldnt be surprised to see half that.

alexander
Fans have already voted with their feet. Since when do games this early in the season go on general sale?

If this season pans out how it's on course to at the moment, then the board will surely have to look at possibly reducing ticket prices. Who in their right mind is going to keep on paying Harrods prices for what is clearly a Primark product.

yep, its ok paying top prices in the PL to watch a class team, even if they get beaten you can see superstars. We have nothing to offer at the mo.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 03:58 PM

Fair enough

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 04:00 PM
worst part of all this for me?

why, for the love of christ, did my mind tell me to check qpr and norwich's score, just in the hope we havent dropped points to them? A-ha Alan Partridge fucking Norwich and QP super twattin hoops fucking R!! Have we gone back to the fuckin 80's??

sweet lordy how times have changed as a gooner.

thick and thin and all that but did it have to come to such an abrupt halt???

Thank feck bolton lost, lets hope those under us loose too.

Marc Overmars
17-09-2011, 04:02 PM
You know what's been lost in all of this?

Chamakh scored. :haha:

Keep it up lizard face.

Power n Glory
17-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Generally agree with this. No point BLAMING the board at this stage (although shouldn't they have acted over the summer???), but now's the point when it IS legitimate to ask real questions about their role and intentions for the future.

They could have been putting pressure on Wenger to strengthen the squad and convinced him to spend in the last moments of the transfer window. We don't know what was discussed in the summer but we all know Wenger is a very stubborn man and likes to get his way.

Right now, I hope the board are on the phones and lining up a replacement. They should have a shortlist and availability dates right now. If the season goes belly up, they need to be able to act quickly but if they cock that up or the old man decides to walk out on us and we're left with Pat Rice in charge, that's when I'll get on their backs.

Dennis
17-09-2011, 04:04 PM
You know what's been lost in all of this?

Chamakh scored. :haha:

Keep it up lizard face.

Good header as well to be fair. Still shit tho, poor man's smudger

RomfordPele
17-09-2011, 04:05 PM
They could have been putting pressure on Wenger to strengthen the squad and convinced him to spend in the last moments of the transfer window. We don't know what was discussed in the summer but we all know Wenger is a very stubborn man and likes to get his way.

Right now, I hope the board are on the phones and lining up a replacement. They should have a shortlist and availability dates right now. If the season goes belly up, they need to be able to act quickly but if they cock that up or the old man decides to walk out on us and we're left with Pat Rice in charge, that's when I'll get on their backs.

Yep - so make or break time for Kroenke and his crew basically. Do they really care about Arsenal or just their bank balances? Because shifting Wenger won't be cheap ...

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 04:07 PM

Carling Cup games have cheap tickets and usually have good crowds ie 50,000+ but i wouldnt be surprised to see half that.

Nah can't see gooners giving a shite about the cc this season.

Fats
17-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Thousands of tickets for sale for the cc

Power n Glory
17-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Anyone want to buy mine?

Dennis
17-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Anyone want to buy mine?

a shrewsbury fan?

Gubby Allen
17-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Not sure what's been said, where but it seems odd to blame the conceding of 4 goals on what happened at Old Trafford.

3 of the back 4 and the defensive midfielder were not playing, two of them were not even at the club at the time, nor was another midfielder - and the right winger missed the match.

Gubby Allen
17-09-2011, 07:46 PM
I wonder from time to time how we can eclipse such achievements as throwing away a 4-0 lead, throwing away two goal leads in injury time and our multiple other calamities.

But today was an absolute belter. A side has two shots on target in 90 minutes and scores 4 goals.

About 108 teams in league action today, you'd have laid money on being us being on the receiving end of it.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Not sure what's been said, where but it seems odd to blame the conceding of 4 goals on what happened at Old Trafford.

3 of the back 4 and the defensive midfielder were not playing, two of them were not even at the club at the time, nor was another midfielder - and the right winger missed the match.

Wenger logic tbh. Its bs i mean a week ago we turned the corner he said and not OT is still affecting us. there is protecting your players and there is chating shit.

Young Guns 11
17-09-2011, 07:57 PM

I'd already bought my tickets.

Me :pal:

Master Splinter
17-09-2011, 08:12 PM
I wonder from time to time how we can eclipse such achievements as throwing away a 4-0 lead, throwing away two goal leads in injury time and our multiple other calamities.

But today was an absolute belter. A side has two shots on target in 90 minutes and scores 4 goals.

About 108 teams in league action today, you'd have laid money on being us being on the receiving end of it.

:haha:

:upset:

Cripps_orig
17-09-2011, 08:37 PM
I'd already bought my tickets.Me :pal: You :pal:I was thinking about it tbh but now fuck it

GP
17-09-2011, 08:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Surreal531/beeker-what-is-this-i-dont-even.gif

notwist
17-09-2011, 09:27 PM
This club and its fans have a greater capacity to sulk and feel sorry for itself when things go wrong than any other institution I've come across. It is really time to man up about this. To stop feeling sorry for ourselves (Wenger especially), to stop thinking we have a divine right to beat Blackburn, and to actually go out there and do some hard graft and earn some respect.

Nobody respects Arsenal. They all thinks we're a whinging, spoilt deluded child. Quite right because as a club we are.

The giant sulk started round about the CC final defeat to Brum. Some people in the club need to get a grip and be a man about this, rather than complaining and making excuses all the time.

Alternatively, they could sack Wenger.

Marc Overmars
17-09-2011, 09:34 PM
I don't think anybody believes we had a divine right to beat Blackburn. The fans are dismayed at the failings of the team itself, being unable to see out a game from a commanding position. Again.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 09:35 PM
This club and its fans have a greater capacity to sulk and feel sorry for itself when things go wrong than any other institution I've come across. It is really time to man up about this. To stop feeling sorry for ourselves (Wenger especially), to stop thinking we have a divine right to beat Blackburn, and to actually go out there and do some hard graft and earn some respect.

Nobody respects Arsenal. They all thinks we're a whinging, spoilt deluded child. Quite right because as a club we are.

The giant sulk started round about the 2-2 draw to Brum. Some people in the club need to get a grip and be a man about this, rather than complaining and making excuses all the time.

Fixed your post for you, after that we have never been the same again.

Gubby Allen
17-09-2011, 09:35 PM
We're leading and playing well on motd at the moment.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 09:40 PM
I don't think anybody believes we had a divine right to beat Blackburn. The fans are dismayed at the failings of the team itself, being unable to see out a game from a commanding position. Again.

Were we really in a comading posistion though, Arsenal 1-0 or 2-1 or even 4-0 up is not a commading posistion.

But i agree, with MO we have learned nothing from last season thats what hurts me the most, It was a while before we threw a way a lead and we won't learn from it soon.

Marc Overmars
17-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Djourou's attempted tackle on Hoilett. :doh:

Fucking clown.

And to think, I thought he was the answer to all of our CB problems during his 10 game beast spell last season.

Özim
17-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Mertersacker dreadful today, didn't rate this guy before he arrived, this is why, won nothing in the air, at fault for the 1st and then missed an absolute sitter at 4-3....so much for being a leader.

He's so friggin slow it will cost us, we saw that several times today as well.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Mertersacker dreadful today, didn't rate this guy before he arrived, this is why, won nothing in the air, at fault for the 1st and then missed an absolute sitter at 4-3....so much for being a leader.

Well when Merts someone as shit as kos next to him no much he can do, he was more or less running the defence on his own once sagna went off.

Because kos was terrible, JD was worse and santos was nervy and Chesney was poor too

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-09-2011, 09:52 PM
jesus christ we are just an embarrassment. we've become the liverpool towards the end of rafa's reign and under roy, just comical and hideous to watch. there's no way back now, we've neglected our team and strategy too much over the years and it's gone too far for it to just be simply fixed under wenger. the players will never ever, ever, respond to wenger again because he's let them get away with murder over the past few years. he's lost the team and deep down he knows it. he even tried buying experience this summer to solve the problems and it evidently isn't working.

he's tried youth. it hasn't worked.
he's tried experience. it isn't working.
the team is going nowhere with him in charge and needs change.

a change of personnel is needed. someone who will stamp their authority down so the players will respond.

never thought i'd see this day come where wenger is being forced out. but it has. who's to blame? no-one but himself. too stubborn for his own liking, and now it's come back to bite him in the hand.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 09:53 PM
jesus christ we are just an embarrassment. we've become the liverpool towards the end of rafa's reign and under roy, just comical and hideous to watch. there's no way back now, we've neglected our team and strategy too much over the years and it's gone too far for it to just be simply fixed under wenger. the players will never ever, ever, respond to wenger again because he's let them get away with murder over the past few years. he's lost the team and deep down he knows it. he even tried buying experience this summer to solve the problems and it evidently isn't working.

he's tried youth. it hasn't worked.
he's tried experience. it isn't working.
the team is going nowhere with him in charge and needs change.

a change of personnel is needed. someone who will stamp their authority down so the players will respond.

never thought i'd see this day come where wenger is being forced out. but it has. who's to blame? no-one but himself. too stubborn for his own liking, and now it's come back to bite him in the hand.

Bang on the money

Özim
17-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Well when Merts someone as shit as kos next to him no much he can do, he was more or less running the defence on his own once sagna went off.

Because kos was terrible, JD was worse and santos was nervy and Chesney was poor too
That's not really really the case though, they showed it on MOTD just now,before Blackburn scored he allowed his man to get a free header.

Then for the 1st he was caught out of position and too slow to get back, then in the 2nd half he was left for dead and Blackburn were clean through.

That's ignoring the fact he was awful in the air, none of those were down to Kos.

This guy is very experienced, problem is he has never been very good as I've said many times over the years. He's been poor for Werder for a couple years, isn't in the German team anymore and you can see why.

Gubby Allen
17-09-2011, 09:56 PM
That was abysmal. The 4th goal at least 5 players were uttely pathetic & you could round up 1,000 pub players and every single one would've avoided putting the ball into their own net.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 09:58 PM
That's not really really the case though, they showed it on MOTD just now,before Blackburn scored he allowed his man to get a free header.

Then for the 1st he was caught out of position and too slow to get back, then in the 2nd half he was left for dead and Blackburn were clean through.

That's ignoring the fact he was awful in the air, none of those were down to Kos.

This guy is very experienced, problem is he has never been very good as I;ve said many times over the years.

But he's never played in this league so it was always going to be challenging for him, it would take him time to settle, thats why i thought we should have nough in cahill too

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 09:59 PM
That was abysmal. The 4th goal at least 5 players were uttely pathetic & you could round up 1,000 pub players and every single one would've avoided putting the ball into their own net.

Its like he kicked it there on purpose, he had time to clear it i swear there was no pressure around him at all. Its like the CC final all over again no commuincation between the too.

Özim
17-09-2011, 09:59 PM
But he's never played in this league so it was always going to be challenging for him, it would take him time to settle, thats why i thought we should have nough in cahill too
Nothing to do with that, like I said never rated him and there's a reason for that.

If you sign quality they have the nouse and speed of thinking to be solid, if he was going to need time to settle why the f*ck would we sign him...should have bought someone from England.

Vidic didn't need time to settle, neither did Luiz....these are just more lame excuses tbh :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Nothing to do with that, like I said never rated him and there's a reason for that.

If you sign quality they have the nouse and speed of thinking to be solid, if he was going to need time to settle why the f*ck would we sign him...should have bought someone from England.

Vidic didn't need time to settle, neither did Luiz....these are just more lame excuses tbh :coffee:

rubbish aboslute rubbish, vidic and luiz had good cb partners Pers has not played with one has he sill comparisons tbh. Vidic had rio and Luiz had terry, Alex and Ivanovic. And all Those two clubs were not going through a crises.

Our problems would still be there even if we signed the best CB in the world makrs no diffrence

Edin Gooner
17-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Djourou's attempted tackle on Hoilett. :doh:

Fucking clown.

And to think, I thought he was the answer to all of our CB problems during his 10 game beast spell last season.

The one thing that can be said though is at least it was an attempt. Song on the other hand, once Hoilett had beaten Djourou, barely made 50% effort at a tackle, which can be said for his game in general. With passengers in the team like him, Arsenal could well be in trouble this season.

Özim
17-09-2011, 10:03 PM
rubbish aboslute rubbish, vidic and luiz had good cb partners Pers has not played with one has he sill comparisons tbh
'Fraid not, he's just not much of a CB, just a panic buy by Wenger and the wrong one.

He's not in the class of Luiz or Vidic and never will be.

The excuses are coming out again just like they have time and time again for Koscielny, he was poor for Werder before nothing to do with his CB partner, like I said you take responsibility for your own play especially at his age :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 10:08 PM
'Fraid not, he's just not much of a CB, just a panic buy by Wenger and the wrong one.

He's not in the class of Luiz or Vidic and never will be.

The excuses are coming out again just like they have time and time again for Koscielny :coffee:

How is it an excuse jsut because you don't rate him don't mean he is shit.

you go on like Luiz and Vidic made the defences themselves without rio vidic would be nothing and with out terry neither would Luiz.

Put per next to cahill or TV5 he looks much better but blaming him when he is next to kos and jd is dumb and shows your bias,

but hey each to their own thats the last thing ill say on this because your just biased so no point talking to you really

Özim
17-09-2011, 10:12 PM
How is it an excuse jsut because you don't rate him don't mean he is shit.

you go on like Luiz and Vidic made the defences themselves without rio vidic would be nothing and with out terry neither would Luiz.

Put per next to cahill or TV5 he looks much better but blaming him when he is next to kos and jd is dumb and shows your bias,

but hey each to their own thats the last thing ill say on this because your just biased so no point talking to you really
It's an excuse because whenever players perform badly you have some sort of reason for it, like Koscielny before him etc etc

This isn't some kid we're talking about, this is an International defender with 70 caps......the errors were 100% down to him nothing to do with the rest of the defence, if he can't stay in position that's his own fault, just as it is if he allows his man to get a free header or to turn him.

When Luiz was bought Chelsea had problems in defence, he was still fantastic though...so it's nothing to do with the partnership, a good defender performs well regardless of his partner, the team may still concede goals but if he does what he's suppose to he can't be blamed for them....today he was at fault numerous times.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 10:15 PM
It's an excuse because whenever players perform badly you have some sort of reason for it, like Koscielny before him etc etc

This isn't some kid we're talking about, this is an International defender with 70 caps......the errors were 100% down to him nothing to do with the rest of the defence, if he can't stay in position that's his own fault, just as it is if he allows his man to get a free header or to turn him.

When Luiz was bought Chelsea had problems in defence, he was still fantastic though...so it's nothing to do with the partnership, a good defender performs well regardless of his partner, the team may still concede goals but if he does what he's suppose to he can't be blamed for them....today he was at fault numerous times.
if you belive that more fool you put luiz in oour defence he'd look shit and they still be telling us to buy cahill. Put Merts in the mancs defence he'd look world clas

Özim
17-09-2011, 10:17 PM
if you belive that more fool you put luiz in oour defence he'd look shit and they still be telling us to buy cahill. Put Merts in the mancs defence he'd look world clas
Nope, he never looked World Class playing for Germany either always pretty average so you're talking nonsense.

Luiz would be a great defender regardless, we might still concede goals (as there's no organisation) but his performance would at least be solid.

Mertersacker would never be bought by Fergie, he's not good enough :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Nope, he never looked World Class playing for Germany either always pretty average so you're talking nonsense.

Luiz would be a great defender regardless, we might still concede goals (as there's no organisation) but his performance would at least be solid.

Mertersacker would never be bought by Fergie, he's not good enough :coffee:

don'y worry you biased so a conversation with you is a waste.

Özim
17-09-2011, 10:24 PM
don'y worry you biased so a conversation with you is a waste.
Fair enough, you'll probably see it in a year or two just like Koscielny.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Fair enough, you'll probably see it in a year or two just like Koscielny.

have i ever said kos was world class or was the answer to our problems, because i have never. did i say merts was etither.

Did i tell you i wanted merts here

Özim
17-09-2011, 10:29 PM
have i ever said kos was world class or was the answer to our problems, because i have never. did i say merts was etither.

Did i tell you i wanted merts here
No but you've many a lot of excuses for Koscielny as many others have, I've long said he was sh*t due to constant errors.

You're starting to do the same with Mertersacker, sorry but in my book there's no excuses for poor performances and no pointing the finger at other players for another players poor performance either.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 10:39 PM
No but you've many a lot of excuses for Koscielny as many others have, I've long said he was sh*t due to constant errors.

You're starting to do the same with Mertersacker, sorry but in my book there's no excuses for poor performances and no pointing the finger at other players for another players poor performance either.

Unlike you i like to give players time to settle before i judge them, just like id like someone to give me time to settle into a job before they judge me.

Ive backed kos because he had some good games and he was always thrown in the deepend i felt. Not his fault he plays games for us is it. i like to support players in the shirt unlike some

Özim
17-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Unlike you i like to give players time to settle before i judge them, just like id like someone to give me time to settle into a job before they judge me.

Ive backed kos because he had some good games and he was always thrown in the deepend i felt. Not his fault he plays games for us is it. i like to support players in the shirt unlike some
There's a difference between giving players time and accepting awful play from them, don't expect them to excel but do expect them to be competent at least and not make basic errors.

It isn't Wenger's fault he doesn't perform (well maybe partly is as he doesn't motivate players), Wenger picks him but if Koscielny can't perform it's down to his lack of concentration or inadequacies.

Granted Wenger shouldn't pick him, but since he does the guy should at least be competent and avoid own goals like the one we saw at the end, that was so casual it's untrue.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 10:56 PM
There's a difference between giving players time and accepting awful play from them, don't expect them to excel but do expect them to be competent at least and not make basic errors.

It isn't Wenger's fault he doesn't perform (well maybe partly is as he doesn't motivate players), Wenger picks him but if Koscielny can't perform it's down to his lack of concentration or inadequacies.

Granted Wenger shouldn't pick him, but since he does the guy should at least be competent and avoid own goals like the one we saw at the end, that was so casual it's untrue.

Never thought id here you ever say that LOL

Time to frame that lol

Cripps_orig
17-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Tbf Mertesacker has been world class for Germany as seen in the last 2 Worlf Cups where he was brilliant.He needs to play with Vermalen though asap cos he's not quick enough to keep on covering Koscielnys shitness

milla
18-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Tbf Mertesacker has been world class for Germany as seen in the last 2 Worlf Cups where he was brilliant.He needs to play with Vermalen though asap cos he's not quick enough to keep on covering Koscielnys shitness

He needs a new manager to get the rest of eleven players to defend as a team. The world most mutherfakin baddass rock hard defender Mohamed 'iron' Adams Maldini (and he doesnt even exist anyway) cant save us from this shitness, let alone TV5. :coffee:

Daniele
18-09-2011, 08:56 AM
I think that anyone who watches football for more than 10 years can't really say that Merts is class.

Marc Overmars
18-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Le Grove

94/95 GG's last 26 games
DDDDWLLDWDWLDWLLDLDLWDDLLD

2011 AW previous 26 games
WDWLWDLLDDWDDLWLLDDWLWLWDL

I picked up some data (above) from one of the tweeters last night and did some sums around it. In the last 26 games we’ve picked up 33 points out of a possible 78. If you looked at George Graham’s last 26 games in charge, he picked up 27 points out of a possible 76. He was a manager who didn’t have a £120million wage bill at his disposal, a manager who had won a trophy within the previous 6 seasons and he certainly hadn’t left £50million sitting in the TPA fund.

Arsene Wenger is some how, still sitting in a job after overseeing our worst run of form I can remember. We’ve conceded 33% of last seasons total conceded goals inside the first 5 games. This from a manager who was charged with improving the defence in the summer. This is a problem he’s been trying to sort out for 5 years and he’s systematically failed to improve year on year.