PDA

View Full Version : Why has song been so poor this season

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 02:39 PM
WTF is up with this guy, he just looks so shite this season, he is giving away freekicks, giving the ball away cheaply, looks like he will be this seasons screw up for us.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Wengeritis

Marc Overmars
17-09-2011, 02:40 PM
I think he's just been the same old Song really.

Clumsy oaf at times.

Then the awesome interceptor.

gunner6smith
17-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Actually thought he's been one of our few bright sparks recently..... Plenty other players deserve the anticipated abuse that Song is about to receive.

Newguy
17-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Actually thought he's been one of our few bright sparks recently..... Plenty other players deserve the anticipated abuse that Song is about to receive.:good:

Ollie the Optimist
17-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Actually thought he's been one of our few bright sparks recently..... Plenty other players deserve the anticipated abuse that Song is about to receive.

he has been good and shit at the same time imo, he has made some brilliant interceptions but then done something stupid like give away needless free kicks, imo also his short passing around our box has been iffy this season. not the best start to the season but he has made a better one then most others

Bergstar
17-09-2011, 03:01 PM
I think like many of our players he's in a comfort zone. He knows he's not winning anything here, he knows when available that his position in the side is not under threat and he knows that he'll be signing for someone else as soon as an offer comes in.

I think it's quite evident that no player thats been here for the last 4 years believe in Wenger anymore.

Ollie the Optimist
17-09-2011, 03:03 PM
I think it's quite evident that no player thats been here for the last 4 years believe in Wenger anymore.

disagree a bit with this, Rvp wouldnt have accepted the captaincy if he didnt believe in arsene. he has been here 6 years and knows that fans will turn on him if he fucks us over, he has seen what happened with nasri, ade and to an extent flammini. dont think he would nor sagna

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 03:07 PM
disagree a bit with this, Rvp wouldnt have accepted the captaincy if he didnt believe in arsene. he has been here 6 years and knows that fans will turn on him if he fucks us over, he has seen what happened with nasri, ade and to an extent flammini. dont think he would nor sagna

Like the fans turned on Cesc don't kind yourself RVP will be off come end of the season and rightly so who blame him for playing with shite and no quality. As for excpeting the captincty well what else would pesuade him to stay.

Captaincy means nothing at this club

Bergstar
17-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Oh I think RVP knows fully well that if he remains fit then he gets his escape next season. They'll be offers in January and in the summer and as he approaches his last year, can you see him signing another deal with us at his age ? No chance. Mourhino already said he's one of two stikers he wants at Madrid.

Marc Overmars
17-09-2011, 03:12 PM
I think like many of our players he's in a comfort zone. He knows he's not winning anything here, he knows when available that his position in the side is not under threat and he knows that he'll be signing for someone else as soon as an offer comes in.

Agreed.

Which is why I think an immediate change of manager can do no worse. I used to think our players linked their future to Wengers, but not anymore. Get someone else in to steady the ship, provide the team with fresh ideas and most importantly, some stability for when they take the field. I reckon a non league side would not find it difficult to score against us.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 04:23 PM

agree tbh, same as how clichy was last season it seem nout has changed.

Power n Glory
17-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Poor? If he hadn't have scored that own goal would this thread exist?

He's just come back from a 3 game suspension and the season has just started. Too early to talk about poor starts to the season. Plus he's actually looked decent over the past couple of games.

notwist
18-09-2011, 11:47 AM
He hasn't been poor. He's been winning the ball and looking up and then realising.....oh shit, where's Fab, Nasri, Jack.....what the fuck I am supposed to do?

Kaiser
18-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Played a great assist for Gervinho and a nice pass to Ramsey to cut back to Arteta for the second. Fell to pieces as did everyone later on, but he was fantastic in Dortmund defensively. He's one of my favourite players, but I think in taking on too much responsibility (as Ramsey isn't ready yet and Arteta has just come in), he's making mistakes frequently, be it defensively or in his passing sometimes.

It's not just him, there is a massive problem through the entire team.

Dog Toffee
18-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Well He's been suspended for 3 games, and the seasons just started, maybe you shouldnt make judgments quite yet.

Song rules.