PDA

View Full Version : realistic new manager

Ollie the Optimist
17-09-2011, 04:32 PM
ok many want wenger to go, but if he goes we need someone in who is a top manager rather then an unknown imo like wenger was in 1996. who would you want and why?

personally i would take moyes in a heartbeat. the board would too i think, he has worked on a shoestring budget all these years and everton are a very difficult side to beat, he gets the best out of his players and makes them play as a unit. he also knows the premiership well. give him some money and he will spend it wisely, similar to wenger he wont just splash out like mancini. he would be a good long term fix.

others do include hiddinkk but cos of his relationship with abramovich not sure he would come here or ancelotti.

Joker
17-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Moyes would be good IMO.

Power n Glory
17-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Taking on a coach that hasn't won a trophy is a step in the wrong direction.

Master Splinter
17-09-2011, 04:35 PM
It would be swapping one Everton for another for him.

Unless Wenger has really been refusing to spend more than 72p.

He is definitely a good manager though.

Ollie the Optimist
17-09-2011, 04:37 PM
It would be swapping one Everton for another for him.

Unless Wenger has really been refusing to spend more than 72p.

He is definitely a good manager though.

ah but the spending with moyes is because we know his club has no money, the bank wont lend them anymore with wenger its different, we know that teh club has money.

Ernesto
17-09-2011, 04:42 PM
The ones we can't get are a cut above the rest- Mourinho, Hiddink and Guardiola.

The ones we can realistically get are the likes of O'Neill, Benitez and possibly van Gaal.

However, I think the only way we can get a real feel-good factor around the place is to bring back an old face. I'd say Graham as an interim manager. Long-term I'd say Bergkamp or Adams.

Master Splinter
17-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Adams :haha:.

Maybe as Gunnersaurus' assistant, but nothing else.

latewinner
17-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Rafa really is the obvious choice. Hill wood and his cronies would have to go too

Ernesto
17-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Deep down, fans are romantics. Bring in Adams, you'll see a newfound optimism around the place. That alone may see us through. The patience that Adams will command after every poor result, the very personal feeling that every win will bring to our manager (and it won't just be to add a couple of zeroes to his paycheck), the passion, the guts, the glory, the determination that 'Mr Arsenal' will no doubt bring to his side.

We may not hit the dizzy heights of football that we played under Wenger between 2002 and 2004 but what we will see is action, pure and simple. An improvement of how to play. Trial and error (f***in 'ell, if zonal marking didn't work for Benitez at Liverpool 5 f***in years ago, why the f*** is Wenger trying to re-introduce it now?!) and finding the best, well-rounded tactical option. Playing to the strengths and weaknesses of the OPPOSITION and not just approaching a game with a bloody-minded, unilateral view of your OWN team.

Bring in Adams, and I might just start looking forward to winter weekends again.

GP
17-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Deep down, fans are romantics. Bring in Adams, you'll see a newfound optimism around the place. That alone may see us through. The patience that Adams will command after every poor result, the very personal feeling that every win will bring to our manager (and it won't just be to add a couple of zeroes to his paycheck), the passion, the guts, the glory, the determination that 'Mr Arsenal' will no doubt bring to his side.

We may not hit the dizzy heights of football that we played under Wenger between 2002 and 2004 but what we will see is action, pure and simple. An improvement of how to play. Trial and error (f***in 'ell, if zonal marking didn't work for Benitez at Liverpool 5 f***in years ago, why the f*** is Wenger trying to re-introduce it now?!) and finding the best, well-rounded tactical option. Playing to the strengths and weaknesses of the OPPOSITION and not just approaching a game with a bloody-minded, unilateral view of your OWN team.

Bring in Adams, and I might just start looking forward to winter weekends again.

Are you mental? You want us to bring in a man who has a track record of being a terrible manager?

latewinner
17-09-2011, 05:03 PM

This post is confusing. We'd be terrible under Adams, far worse than we are now. He's not a manager.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-09-2011, 05:06 PM

You seem to be under the impression Tony Adams would be an old-school manager. And he's not, he's just as heavily in to the science of football as Wenger.

Marc Overmars
17-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Adams. :lol:

No thanks.

Someone like Benitez or Ancelotti would be fine with me. In fact I would not object at all if Gazidis called Rafa up tomorrow and asked if he was interested. The only problem would be that he'd need a fair bit of cash, would the board be willing to give it to him?

I think we're on a very slippery slope with Wenger now. He is the textbook definition of a manager living off past glories. Putting all sentiments aside, he is consistently proving to be unable to get the best out of this group of players.

There's nothing knee-jerk about it anymore, today is just another in the long list of inexplicably bad collapses, it's happened too many times now and the club should act, if it has any pride left. I know it would be very hard to say goodbye to Wenger but life goes on and ultimatley the club is bigger and more important than him.

Oh and if we're going to replace from the Prem, Moyes would be the best bet.

Ernesto
17-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Are you mental? You want us to bring in a man who has a track record of being a terrible manager?

Look, every manager has pros and cons. Wenger hasn't left the club in such a rosy state as he would've done if he'd have walked with a little dignity in 2006 or 2007. At the minute, we're calling for;

Mourinho- ain't gonna leave his job
Guardiola- sure as f*** ain't leaving Catalunia
Hiddink- probably wouldn't manage any other team in England other than Chelsea if the rumours of his close relationship with Abramovich are true
O'Neill- great motivator, but a huge percentage of Arsenal fans would consider him a very risky option
Benitez- great with Valencia and when he started out with the Scousers but wilted dramatically in his latter days at 'Pool, reinforced by the shite we saw at the San Siro last season
van Gaal- not too sure, but he seems a comfortable bet. If proven track record and realistic target is what we're after, Huey Louis might just be our man.
Ancelotti- is he managing again? Anyways, another safe option, but people will probably still have that diabolical mid-season Chelsea suffered last term in the back of their minds.
Graham- proven, but old. Will he be able to cope with the modern game? The relative success of Dalglish at Liverpool suggests "yes"
Adams- unproven, but hungry. This IS the pot at the end of the rainbow that he's after and, personally, having someone like him at the helm would re-ignite my interest in football
Bergkamp- needs coaching badges from what I understand, but the one player, other than Adams, who loves the club so dearly (obviously, this isn't much to go on because, when all is said and done, I honestly do believe that Wenger holds Arsenal FC in great esteem)

I think we're all thinking about TWO possible managerial options. We're 2 poor results away (within the next 5 games) from being in a serious relegation dogfight. We may need a manager to "tide us over" and then a more established chap to take over next summer.

Master Splinter
17-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Look, every manager has pros and cons.

Apart from Adams.

Who only has cons so far.

alexander
17-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Adams :haha:.

Maybe as Gunnersaurus' assistant, but nothing else.

:good:

Ernesto
17-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Apart from Adams.

Who only has cons so far.

Fairy nuff. Footy's all about opinion after all.

I suppose I fall into the same bracket of fans as the Chelsea lot who were calling for Mark Hughes to take over at Stamford Bridge after Mourinho had left, in spite of the fact that they had the choosing of a range of top European managers.

Romantics, like I say :good:

selassie
17-09-2011, 05:22 PM
If we're going for a long term Manager who we are prepared to give time & financial backing then I would go for someone like Jurgen Klopp (Dortmund) or Unai Emery (Valencia).

If we're looking at a short term fix to get us by until someone else can come in and fix up the mess then I would look no further than Guus Hiddink.

Whoever takes on the job is going to have a hard task, the squad is in real poor shape at the moment.

GP
17-09-2011, 05:25 PM
the squad is in real poor shape at the moment.

I don't think it is. I think they're a pretty good bunch of players.

But something is terribly, terribly wrong.

Master Splinter
17-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Fairy nuff. Footy's all about opinion after all.

I suppose I fall into the same bracket of fans as the Chelsea lot who were calling for Mark Hughes to take over at Stamford Bridge after Mourinho had left, in spite of the fact that they had the choosing of a range of top European managers.

Romantics, like I say :good:

As members of the Mindless Optimism Clique, I'd like to think me, GP and Maccy are quite the romantics.

But if even we're completely ruling out the notion of Adams managing us, I think you have to accept that you're probably a bit mental, in regards to this situation.

(And Hughes had done a decent job at Blackburn and had alot more experience before that too.)

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Ancelotti for me tbh, he'd be fresh and he'd not be under pressure tbh, he'd also have us playing a better defensive game

GP
17-09-2011, 05:28 PM
As members of the Mindless Optimism Clique, I'd like to think me, GP and Maccy are quite the romantics.

But if even we're completely ruling out the notion of Adams managing with us, I think you have to accept that you're probably a bit mental, in regards to this situation.

(And Hughes had done a decent job at Blackburn and had alot more experience before that too.)

Adams? I wouldn't trust him to manage the canteen.

We should be looking at a top, top name like Ian Wright.

latewinner
17-09-2011, 05:29 PM
I don't get why Benitez is criticised for his Inter's stint. He was there less than half a season, not much time was it and they had a lot of injuries. Leonardo didn't do much better did he.
He'd be great here I feel, still has pull with players and tactically is way ahead of wenger he'd at least get this team organised and respectable. He's had his rest time to think could be the fresh start him and us both need.
There's nobody as good as him available who' be looking to stay here long term. I can't believe people would rather have Moyes who hasn't won anything and hasn't convinced me he's good enough for a club with big expectations.
O'neill and hughes are both inferior too. Good enough for top 6 but not more
Someone like Klopp might be good though but it would be a risk

selassie
17-09-2011, 05:30 PM
I don't think it is. I think they're a pretty good bunch of players.

But something is terribly, terribly wrong.

Fair enough that's your opinion but when I look at todays team and see that only Vermaelen & Wilshere are missing from our supposed best XI it really worries me. When I look at the players we purchased on the last few days of the window, I think yeah OK...but not yeah GREAT. This squad has Europa League at best written all over it. I think even with a more tactically aware disciplined coach like say Hiddink we'd still really struggle to make top 4.

Master Splinter
17-09-2011, 05:31 PM

:haha:

Shite-Phillips to be his assistant :pray:.

Xhaka Can’t
17-09-2011, 05:48 PM

Adams? I wouldn't trust him to manage the canteen.

The guy who holidays in the axis of evil?

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Ancelotti for me tbh, he'd be fresh and he'd not be under pressure tbh, he'd also have us playing a better defensive game

And he's a lapdog too. Ideal for this board.

milla
17-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Internally, Steve Bould would be an ideal candidate IMO. Put him as a care taker, if the players response to him offer him the permenant job next season.

Moyes is good, very underrated and he has a lot of PL years in his CV. Guardiola will not leave Catalunya, but if the top echelon at Barcunts decided to get rid of him, I can see Guardiola moving to England. :coffee:

fari
17-09-2011, 06:11 PM
jorge jesus

Sirjackofwilshere
17-09-2011, 06:15 PM
I'd make sure three things change before sending AW on his way:

1. Get Dein back in the club and working with AW. If that means letting PHW and the mob go then so be it.

2. Give 50 million + in hard cash to AW and tell him to do whatever he wants with it...with one exception: returning it.

3. Sort out the ownership issue. Either Kroenke buys out the club or Usmanov comes in.

If these 3 are in place and the team is still in the same pitiful state, then by all means sack AW.

Fats
17-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Martinez

Gubby Allen
17-09-2011, 08:27 PM
You couldn't have Adams, there is just no justification in his record to merit - albeit I do agree that footballers are an odd crop & most of the time (bar Shearer at Newcastle) a big name who is not necessarily a great manager can reap rewards.

Most people would agree Woy is a better manager than Kenny, outscores him on most aspects yet the latter waltzes back in after a decade away and with younger players turns a club around.

I wouldn't object to Adams around the club. There are some good candidates for a number two role to a new manager with strong links to the club Adams would be one, O'Leary & Brian McDermott would be far better candidates, maybe Bould too, Remi Garde seems to be doing well.

But it would need a new manager to want them, he'd like come in with his own crowd like 'Arry.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2011, 08:58 PM
You couldn't have Adams, there is just no justification in his record to merit - albeit I do agree that footballers are an odd crop & most of the time (bar Shearer at Newcastle) a big name who is not necessarily a great manager can reap rewards.

Most people would agree Woy is a better manager than Kenny, outscores him on most aspects yet the latter waltzes back in after a decade away and with younger players turns a club around.

I wouldn't object to Adams around the club. There are some good candidates for a number two role to a new manager with strong links to the club Adams would be one, O'Leary & Brian McDermott would be far better candidates, maybe Bould too, Remi Garde seems to be doing well.

But it would need a new manager to want them, he'd like come in with his own crowd like 'Arry.

This, we need more old heads at the club tbh. A new no 2 is a must pat rice was clueless in the cl games so far. wenger should have let him go least season tbh.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
17-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Not read what everyone has said but seen enough to already piss me off. Realistically their is only one manager in the world that is beyond us, Sir Alex- and even he was gagging to come at a certain point. We remain the third richest club in the world, the biggest club in footballs biggest footballing city and contrary to indications, AW is among the best paid sporting managers in the whole world!! To any sensible person the question should be who wouldn't want to come to Arsenal, especialy given the support AW enjoys.ications, AW is among the best paid sporting managers in the whole world!! To any sensible person the question should be who wouldn't want to come to Arsenal, especialy given the support AW enjoys.

Cripps_orig
17-09-2011, 11:41 PM
Won't get any of the big name managers. Would love Hiddink here but why would he come here?So that means we have to either promote from within which won't change much or get a young upcoming manager.Dennis Bergkamp anyone?.....

Niall_Quinn
18-09-2011, 12:04 AM
There's only one guy who could do the job and might be available and that's Mourinho. It would be a short term deal, maybe a year or two, but he'd turn this team into winners again and bitch slap that fucked up anti-football board of ours and shake their wallets out. Hiddink is a good shout too but I don't think he'd turn things around as fast as Maureen could. Plus we'd be mega-controversial again, hated and Fergie would be all over our case on a daily basis - sure signs of success. Final plus, players would be queuing up to come here - granted for all the wrong reasons but haven't we had enough of this boring building for a future that never comes shit? Time to live a little, put some fun back into the football lark. Oh and the Chelski mob would be blue with rage, let's get it done in the summer.

Cripps_orig
18-09-2011, 12:18 AM
There's only one guy who could do the job and might be available and that's Mourinho. It would be a short term deal, maybe a year or two, but he'd turn this team into winners again and bitch slap that fucked up anti-football board of ours and shake their wallets out. Hiddink is a good shout too but I don't think he'd turn things around as fast as Maureen could. Plus we'd be mega-controversial again, hated and Fergie would be all over our case on a daily basis - sure signs of success. Final plus, players would be queuing up to come here - granted for all the wrong reasons but haven't we had enough of this boring building for a future that never comes shit? Time to live a little, put some fun back into the football lark. Oh and the Chelski mob would be blue with rage, let's get it done in the summer. Best manager in the business. I'd love him here. Pisses the fuck out of his rivals and won't stand for any BS with the board. He'd never come though. Why when managing the biggest club in the world would he want to drop a few hundred levels to manage a laughing stock like us? I guess the challenge of turning us great again is appealing but can't see what else about the club we can sell him to tempt him to come here?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-09-2011, 12:19 AM
there's plenty of managers around the world who could manage us.

who'd heard of AVB before he went to chelsea? not many. and he looks like a decent manager thus far. done a great job at porto too.

although i have no faith whatsoever in the current mob on our board instilling a competent successor to wenger.

fakeyank
18-09-2011, 01:57 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_nSknY8_CNcM/R5898xTTJqI/AAAAAAAABkw/6won9TaqMgU/s400/bilic+smoking.jpg

tpyo
18-09-2011, 04:03 AM
Benitez? Are you guys kidding me? That guy is a joke.
Out of all the names so far the only one that has me anywhere near interested would be O'Neill. He's proven to be a very capable manager over the years. I think you have to look at who would make the team worse, before better. Benitez has the potentially to royally fuck up the team for years to come.

To me Ancelotti is just a "yes man" so I don't think he'd be a safe pair of hands, he's used to his bosses calling the shots and I think we'd all agree that we're not massive fans of the board.

Power n Glory
18-09-2011, 06:19 AM
Ancelotti knows how to organise a team and knows what it takes to win a league on a tight budget. In his first season for Chelsea he won the double and got that dysfunctional bunch of egos working as a team and it didn't take millions to do it. Just training and character. We have a modest budget to work with in the Champs League and we need someone that players will instant respect for and is able to organise the team with fresh ideas. He gets my vote.

You can't shit on a manager that has won the Champs league twice along with domestic titles. Plus he's worked for very powerful people. Berlusconi is the Italian PM and corrupt at that. Who isn't going to take orders from him? Abramovich is something else and no manager has survived with him so you can't hold that against his record.

Ernesto
18-09-2011, 07:02 AM
There's only one guy who could do the job and might be available and that's Mourinho. It would be a short term deal, maybe a year or two, but he'd turn this team into winners again and bitch slap that fucked up anti-football board of ours and shake their wallets out. Hiddink is a good shout too but I don't think he'd turn things around as fast as Maureen could. Plus we'd be mega-controversial again, hated and Fergie would be all over our case on a daily basis - sure signs of success. Final plus, players would be queuing up to come here - granted for all the wrong reasons but haven't we had enough of this boring building for a future that never comes shit? Time to live a little, put some fun back into the football lark. Oh and the Chelski mob would be blue with rage, let's get it done in the summer.

You see, that's where we hit that metaphorical brick wall straight away. In what Universe would Arsenal's board take on a manager who wants to spend lavish amounts of money on players?

milla
18-09-2011, 08:31 AM
You see, that's where we hit that metaphorical brick wall straight away. In what Universe would Arsenal's board take on a manager who wants to spend lavish amounts of money on players?

Mourinho did spent a lot of money for Chelsea, but not with Inter & Real Madrid. His net spending for Madrid is still low for mega rich club. :coffee:

Daniele
18-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Mourinho will never come if the board don't want to spend on at least 5 great players like, say, Schweinsteiger and M'Vila in midfield, a great CB and LB and a forward who scores all the time.

Daniele
18-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Mourinho did spent a lot of money for Chelsea, but not with Inter & Real Madrid. His net spending for Madrid is still low for mega rich club. :coffee:

well at Inter he brought Quaresma for £24m, Mancini for 14 and then Milito and Motta from Genoa for a combined 44. Then when we sold Ibra we got Eto'o.

at madrid he signed oezil, khedira, coentrao, sahin for huge amounts....

Marc Overmars
18-09-2011, 09:01 AM
there's plenty of managers around the world who could manage us.

who'd heard of AVB before he went to chelsea? not many. and he looks like a decent manager thus far. done a great job at porto too.

although i have no faith whatsoever in the current mob on our board instilling a competent successor to wenger.

Erm, everyone knew of AVB. It was hard not to considering the year he had at Porto.

milla
18-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Ok he did with Inter but with Madrid the fee were fair tbh. Oezil 15 mil, Khedira and Sahin (each was near 10 mil), all in euro. Good business imo. :coffee:

And Moronho won treble with Inter which justified his spending, all jolly good for Inter imo. :good:

Marc Overmars
18-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Benitez? Are you guys kidding me? That guy is a joke.
Out of all the names so far the only one that has me anywhere near interested would be O'Neill. He's proven to be a very capable manager over the years. I think you have to look at who would make the team worse, before better. Benitez has the potentially to royally fuck up the team for years to come.

To me Ancelotti is just a "yes man" so I don't think he'd be a safe pair of hands, he's used to his bosses calling the shots and I think we'd all agree that we're not massive fans of the board.

Wenger has already done the part of making the team worse.

You'd rather have O'Neill than Rafa?

Ok then...

milla
18-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Wenger has already done the part of making the team worse.

You'd rather have O'Neill than Rafa?

Ok then...

I wont have neither. Mods bring back CK's altar, lets remind GW of Fat Rafa shitness. :coffee:

Power n Glory
18-09-2011, 09:36 AM
The name a manager game is silly because I doubt many on here can name the top 3 coaches in Italy, Spain, France and Germany without checking on Google. I know I can't. That is why we've got all these ex Chelsea manager names popping up or guys that have coached lower teams who I personally think would be a step down.

I don't want a Prem manager taking over this club. The standard here is pretty poor and I can't respect them because most of them have poor records in the Europa Cup and can't even win an FA cup or Carling Cup.

milla
18-09-2011, 09:44 AM
The name a manager game is silly because I doubt many on here can name the top 3 coaches in Italy, Spain, France and Germany without checking on Google. I know I can't. That is why we've got all these ex Chelsea manager names popping up or guys that have coached lower teams who I personally think would be a step down.

I don't want a Prem manager taking over this club. The standard here is pretty poor and I can't respect them because most of them have poor records in the Europa Cup and can't even win an FA cup or Carling Cup.

I'd like to think German and french leagues have few very good managers. :coffee:

Arsenal Fan
18-09-2011, 09:48 AM
dumbfounded by the amount of people who want benitez? utter shite excuse for a top manager, proved time and time again.

regardless of what we currently think of wenger, internationally he is considered among the top 5 managers in the world, and we would need to replace him with someone else in that list.

we're currently facing a 'are we still a big club' crises, and employing a manager of benitez, moyes, o'niel's caliber is NOT the way forward.

friskyanders
18-09-2011, 10:00 AM
How about Vince Bartram as goalkeeping coach, Colin Pates as defensive coach, John Jensen as midfield coach, Eddie McGoldrick as the wingers mentor and Kevin Campbell showing RVP and Chamakh how it's really done?

With Stewart Houston as interim until we can get Georgie back from his occassional media duties just in time for the crucial Janaury transfer window where we could tempt Chris Kiwomya out of retirement for £87.50 a week.

My firends the wheel has finally turned full circle......

Xhaka Can’t
18-09-2011, 10:04 AM
dumbfounded by the amount of people who want benitez? utter shite excuse for a top manager, proved time and time again.

People just want someone else.

This team and it's fans morale is at rock bottom, there is no hope of improvement under Wenger and even a poor appointment like Benitez would provide at least the glimmer of hope that does not exist now.

Marc Overmars
18-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Exactly. Whilst I obviously don't want any chump taking over (Coyle? Lolz), someone like Benitez is a realistic option for us. We're not going to get someone with flawless records like Fergie and Mourinho are we?

People don't want Moyes because he hasn't won anything.
People want Moyes because he has worked on a budget.

People don't want Rafa because he fucked Liverpool up.
People want Rafa because he has won in Europe.

Etc..

You can pick holes at ANY manager, it's a very subjective issue and one we will never all agree on.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Fair point PnG, I cant name but a handful of coaches in Europe!
but out of the names that have been mentioned Maureen would be the dream manager but he wont come because he is fighting his own demons on his sticking it too Barca crusade.
Cant seeing him coming to us unless there was a serious change in the way we do things, ie take a few risks and maybe live in the red for a while because he gonna want some money.

Wanting some money is going to be the sane if Rafa came, but it wouldnt mean having to live in the red, it is gonna mean living with being shit. Cant stand the guy and the way he went about things.

Adams? ummmmmm no. . . .I dont care how romantic you are, pinning up a job ad in the old boys bar is not the answer. If Adams wants in he can volunteer his services ad a coach, and we wouldnt have to worry about Citeh wafting a fatter cheque in front of him a la Paddy.

Guus, Carlo both would be OK, Ancelloti would bring some organisation.
ONiell maybe but I think Moyes could be an interesting choice.

Would relish the prospect of working with what I cinsider to be still marginally bigger club, in theory financiakly more money to offer. He would whip us into shape and make us mentally stronger, and hopefully help us realise again their is talent in a large number of players, he should rhen jump in to buy Jags and Felliani and stop pussying around about fees. Get rid of the dross we have by shipping them to his old club.

Moyes for me if Maureen refused. But open to changing my mind after listening to few more ideas. I mean who manages Dortmund?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Erm, everyone knew of AVB. It was hard not to considering the year he had at Porto.

nonsense.

dont use 'everyone' in the generic term because many did not.

Ernesto
18-09-2011, 11:32 AM
I can't believe that the 'Owen Coyle Brigade' is gaining momentum.

Some numpty metioned him for the Arsenal job on 'You're On Sky Sports'. I reckon I was the only chap watching that sh!tty, 606-wannabe programme last night, but even still, if you air your views on such a platform, these rumours eventually find their way on the back pages.

Kaiser
18-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Moyes with Bergkamp and Bould as his assistants was suggested by someone on Twitter. Could work. We need defensive organisation and a work ethic implemented. The latter two would help keep the tradition of the club alive.

As for Ancelotti, he's a good manager having to work for utter bastards, with really high expectations. He's won the CL twice and Serie A, as well as the double at Chelsea. Maybe working for a board with solely financial expectations would be great (he can build his own team with no players/tactics being forced on him) or really shit (he'd try do the bare minimum). You can't call it atm.

As for Jose, that'll never happen.

Hiddink would be a fantastic choice as well, as would Jurgen Klopp but apparently Wenger was asked about him and he said he doesn't think Klopp will leave Germany.

If Wenger has a big say, it'll probably be Claude Puel, Dragan Stojkovic or Remi Garde.

notwist
18-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Tbh Mr Blobby will do at this moment.

Niall_Quinn
18-09-2011, 11:50 AM

Did Mourinho spend lavish amounts when he was at Porto? Is it right to say his success is based only on his transfer budget or is it better to say that wealthy clubs approached him because he proved himself to be a great manager? Should he have refused the budgets at Chelsea and Madrid in order to preserve some saintly stature? That sounds more like Wenger and look where he is and look at the state of our team. Mourinho was a winner before he had the cash.

Niall_Quinn
18-09-2011, 12:06 PM
If Wenger has a big say, it'll probably be Claude Puel, Dragan Stojkovic or Remi Garde.

Wenger has failed and failed in a spectacular fashion. Why should he have any say in who the next manager is? Wouldn't it be likely he'd choose somebody that shares his beliefs and has compatible methods? His failed beliefs and his failed methods? It would be a disaster if we ended up with Wenger MkII because we'd have to listen to all the shit about giving the guy time, waiting until he'd had a chance to bring in his own team, giving him a grace period of a couple of years to get things right. When all the while we know what Wenger's methods produce - nothing, in fact less than nothing. It's not enough for us to lose now, we are being humiliated in the process. As fans it would fall on us to do everything in our power to prevent this scenario.

We need a total break from Wenger's way. The obstacle to that will be the board. They'll want somebody who puts the finances first and treats the team as an afterthought. This is why I reiterate, the target of the fans should be the board, not Wenger. If we can't get rid of this board then nothing will change at this club regardless of the manager we get. Except perhaps for one exception, Jose Mourinho. He's the one guy I believe could expose the board and smoke them into the open. Then we would know for sure, was it the board that destroyed this club, was it Wenger or was it both? Would our board ever let Mourinho through the door? No way. Not unless they are forced. The fans should sing "Mourinho" at every game and whenever an alternative is mentioned it should be "Fuck off Alternative!"

Oh and a 30 minute burst of "Sack the board" every game should be compulsory. Every blog, every tweet, every message on every message board, "Sack the board!" Put the cunts under intense pressure so the only way to alleviate it would be to get Maureen in here no matter how much it costs. Then the guy can go to work removing the snouts of the filthy swine from the trough and forcing them to look back down at the pitch where there's murder going on.

Can't understand why it's all about Wenger. He's incidental to this. He's failed he should be out, that's the simple part of the solution. Winning the war with the board is the hard part. So far they must be laughing their bloated arses off as Wenger takes all the flak for their insane greed and neglect. That needs to change doesn't it?

Daniele
18-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Ok he did with Inter but with Madrid the fee were fair tbh. Oezil 15 mil, Khedira and Sahin (each was near 10 mil), all in euro. Good business imo. :coffee:

And Moronho won treble with Inter which justified his spending, all jolly good for Inter imo. :good:

Coentrao 30 million pounds!!!

Xhaka Can’t
18-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Tbh Mr Blobby will do at this moment.

Joe Kinnear?

Niall_Quinn
18-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Joe Kinnear?

Roy Kinnear?

Dog Toffee
18-09-2011, 02:34 PM
We're 2 poor results away (within the next 5 games) from being in a serious relegation dogfight.

:lol: So the season now ends in a about a month?

Ernesto
18-09-2011, 03:17 PM
:lol: So the season now ends in a about a month?

At what point, in that statement, did I say that? Besides, if I'm being pedantic, when the season ends and you're relegated, do you still say you're in a relegation dogfight?

If we're going to have the same attitude as Leeds or Newcastle that we're "too good to go down", then so be it. I know to throw a little more caution to the wind.

latewinner
18-09-2011, 03:53 PM

regardless of what we currently think of wenger, internationally he is considered among the top 5 managers in the world, and we would need to replace him with someone else in that list.

we're currently facing a 'are we still a big club' crises, and employing a manager of benitez, moyes, o'niel's caliber is NOT the way forward.

That's utter bullshit

Kaiser
18-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Benitez is still a great manager IMO. Shame how he was caricatured by the press. Efforts with Valencia and Liverpool prove that. But doubts remain regarding his transfer market nous.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Benitez is still a great manager IMO. Shame how he was caricatured by the press. Efforts with Valencia and Liverpool prove that. But doubts remain regarding his transfer market nous.

This, would not be a bad thing if we got him. if he spent money. If People believe we'd get rid of wenger and bring in Jose M or Hiddink they have another thing coming tbh.

For me Guardiola would be the perfect man come end of the season if he left barca. But we'd have to be realistic and say right now the best we'd get is ancellotti tbh.

Boss
18-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Benitez :lol:

Might as well keep Wenger if we're seriously discussing getting this clown in.

As for options I've like, Hiddink or Van Gaal would be perfect. Wouldn't mind Klopp either, he's done a very good job at BVB.

Would not mind Moyes if he was backed with a couple players as suggested above, he's never had access to decent money (Everton net spend over the last five years is 200k per season) and I think he'd do well given the chance to step up.

fari
18-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Benitez :lol:

Might as well keep Wenger if we're seriously discussing getting this clown in.

As for options I've like, Hiddink or Van Gaal would be perfect. Wouldn't mind Klopp either, he's done a very good job at BVB.

Would not mind Moyes if he was backed with a couple players as suggested above, he's never had access to decent money (Everton net spend over the last five years is 200k per season) and I think he'd do well given the chance to step up.

how has everton's defence looked over the last few seasons?

Boss
18-09-2011, 07:02 PM
how has everton's defence looked over the last few seasons?

Over the last 5 years (goals conceded)...

2010-11; Arsenal 43, Everton 45
2009-10; Arsenal 41, Everton 49
2008-09; Arsenal 37, Everton 37
2007-08; Arsenal 31, Everton 33
2006-07; Arsenal 35, Everton 36

Pretty impressive given his spend and given that they can't attract the same caliber of player (if we ever decided to go in for top players, which we don't).

BOBN
19-09-2011, 10:26 AM
However, I think the only way we can get a real feel-good factor around the place is to bring back an old face. I'd say Graham as an interim manager. Long-term I'd say Bergkamp or Adams.
oh god stop with this madness. we'd need a good manger, not some plums from the past. we are not liverpool. you think this current batch of player even know who graham/adams are?

if wenger went tommorrow id look at ancelotti.

BOBN
19-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Not read what everyone has said but seen enough to already piss me off. Realistically their is only one manager in the world that is beyond us, Sir Alex- and even he was gagging to come at a certain point. We remain the third richest club in the world...
ummm, no.

BOBN
19-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Did Mourinho spend lavish amounts when he was at Porto? Is it right to say his success is based only on his transfer budget or is it better to say that wealthy clubs approached him because he proved himself to be a great manager? Should he have refused the budgets at Chelsea and Madrid in order to preserve some saintly stature? That sounds more like Wenger and look where he is and look at the state of our team. Mourinho was a winner before he had the cash.
yes, he comfortably outspent his domesic rivals.

chequebook manager. hes wouldnt be stupid enough to take the arsenal job.

Flavs
19-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Good read, particularly the insanely stupid parts :good:

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2011, 11:08 AM
yes, he comfortably outspent his domesic rivals.

chequebook manager. hes wouldnt be stupid enough to take the arsenal job.

In other words, no he didn't, hence the introduction of the domestic rivals clause.

BOBN
19-09-2011, 11:11 AM
look stop talking about mourinho, he wouldnt come here in a million years. he doesnt do limited budgets these days and why should he.

Xhaka Can’t
19-09-2011, 11:11 AM
In other words, no he didn't, hence the introduction of the domestic rivals clause.

Nice try, but that is a position most held here for a long long time - because it is true.

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Nice try, but that is a position most held here for a long long time - because it is true.

Well what are the figures? How much did it take to "buy" the CL for mighty Porto? Anyone who pretends Mourinho is not a winner or tries to attribute his entire success to a chequebook is ignoring all the evidence. Look at how he pulled that Chelsea team together so they were all but unbeatable. A machine. You could see the Mourinho effect working on a weekly basis as a team who couldn't get anywhere near us caught and then overhauled us until we couldn't get anywhere near them. That wasn't just about the money. I pretty much agree with the conclusion he wouldn't come here though, which is a shame. Not just because he wouldn't have funds but because I doubt he'd want to work with the bunch of inept twats in our boardroom who are more in this for the money than the football, as they have proved time and again. That's why I'm thinking only the fans could make this happen by making it unbearable for the board and irresistible to Mourinho's vanity. Desperate times but do we want a fix or not?

Flavs
19-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Anyone who wants Mourinho to be our manager should be stoned to death tbh

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Anyone who wants Mourinho to be our manager should be stoned to death tbh

Let him who casts the first stone, and so on.

Flavs
19-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Let him who casts the first stone, and so on.Oh if it was him i would happily cast the first stone and all subsequent stones until the cunt was dead.

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Oh if it was him i would happily cast the first stone and all subsequent stones until the cunt was dead.

You'e just a meanie, a total pooh pants and there's no way I'm being your best friend ever again.

Flavs
19-09-2011, 11:31 AM
You'e just a meanie, a total pooh pants and there's no way I'm being your best friend ever again.Well that just plain hurts my feelings

Xhaka Can’t
19-09-2011, 11:32 AM
I'll be your new BFF!

Coney
19-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Oh if it was him i would happily cast the first stone and all subsequent stones until the cunt was dead.

I'd hold your coat, but only because I am crap at throwing.

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2011, 11:44 AM
I wouldn't mind Moyes if it was a planned hand-over from a position of success and we had the structure in the club to support him and work with him over time to improve things. But we'd be asking him to move from one cash starved team that has no support in the board room to the same deal. Would he want to do that and what could he achieve beyond what he's achieved at Everton? Would keeping us up and from time to time threatening to get a Europa cup spot be a good deal for any concerned? Not sure he'd come here. He's probably holding out for a shot at Man Utd.

Coney
19-09-2011, 11:46 AM
I'd take Moyes.

But I'd be thinking of Wenger.

Flavs
19-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Well if the board are happy with the way things are going they would probably want the same to continue and with the same expectations? Someone excellent at maths, experienced, old head, no clue around tactics who talks a good game and looks good on telly?

Carol Vorderman :bow:

Flavs
19-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Well if the board are happy with the way things are going they would probably want the same to continue and with the same expectations? Someone excellent at maths, experienced, old head, no clue around tactics who talks a good game and looks good on telly?

Carol Vorderman :bow:

Marc Overmars
19-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Rachel Riley >>> Carol Voldemort

Xhaka Can’t
19-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Rachel Riley >>> Carol Voldemort

To the power of 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9964

Xhaka Can’t
19-09-2011, 12:00 PM
To the power of 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9964

And then some.

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2011, 12:01 PM
I've had both and neither are that great.

AKBapologist
01-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Moyes would be good IMO.

:haha:

Ollie the Optimist
01-10-2013, 10:06 PM
some brilliant posts in these threads

moyes :haha:

Munchies
01-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Great thread gravedigging, these are gold :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Klopp has signed a contract extension with Dortmund, going up to 2018. :rose:

JonasTC
30-10-2013, 01:38 PM
We should get Laudrup, would love to see what he could do with a top team

Marc Overmars
30-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Time for Coyle to come home.

AFC Leveller
30-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Laudrup or Klupp. Both would be fantastic for us.

Özim
30-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Strachan, fantastic manager.

Penguin
30-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Sam Allardyce.

GP
30-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Gary Speed

Dein-machine
30-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Somebody who doesn't look like my nan.

GP
30-10-2013, 07:10 PM
So, not 'Arry?

Özim
30-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Mr LaughSnortSnotSneeze

Xhaka Can’t
30-10-2013, 07:39 PM
So, not 'Arry?

Geez, way to insult his Nan.

You used to be cool.

GP
30-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Geez, way to insult his Nan.

You used to be cool.

lol nah

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-10-2013, 07:41 PM
You never know, this could be the new WUMger...

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20120321/25/2b98a356e02b718183fa70dc13e9e00a.jpg