PDA

View Full Version : Statistics

notwist
18-09-2011, 11:39 AM
I have to say I am finding all this doom and gloom about the season a bit over done. For us with a statistical bent (no cheap remarks please) this season is proving an absolute goldmine.

Consider:

1. Three players sent off in the first 3 games, and 4 banned. How many other teams have been on a run like that?
2. Conceding 8 goals in a game and in the post-match press conference Wenger announcing the good news that we have just signed a £3m striker from S Korea. I was immediately comforted by the thought that next time out we'd win 9-8. Well I was a third right and a bit more than half wrong, if you see what I mean. (Poetic licence dudes on the Swansea game).
3. And now we score 5 AWAY GOALS and lose a top tier game. When did that last happen?

We also happen to have the longest run in the top flight going, well over 60 years I think. I think that's a serious target for us now, and as they say records are there to be broken. Especially The Stone Roses second album.

Time I think to recognise the golden era we are in and not get too arsey about things.

Fats
18-09-2011, 03:17 PM
5 games in

5th from bottom with the worse goal difference in the league.

It's all going well

Syn
18-09-2011, 03:53 PM
and as they say records are there to be broken. Especially The Stone Roses second album.

:haha:

Fats
19-09-2011, 08:37 AM
my mistake now 4th from bottom