PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time the players looked like they were having fun on the Pitch.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-09-2011, 04:34 PM
I Can't remember the last time i saw a Arsenal team enjoying a game for once. Watching Barca and seeing fabregas look like he was having a ball and watching us yesterday and seeing the players lookig like they never wanted to be there, Made me wonder why have out lot not been told to go out and just enjoy the game.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-09-2011, 05:17 PM
First half on Saturday probably.

:rose:

Xhaka Can’t
18-09-2011, 05:17 PM
http://www.nutmegradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Eboue-Jesus.jpg

There hasn't been a smile at the Club since Eboue left.

I bet they're laughing their fucking tits off at Galatasaray.

Cripps_orig
18-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Arsenal v Blackburn in the 2004/05 season.

The 49th game

Have never really recovered from the loss in the next game

friskyanders
18-09-2011, 07:04 PM
The 49th game was against Aston Villa.

I should think they quite enjoyed the last 15 minutes of Barcelona at home last year.

Cripps_orig
18-09-2011, 07:06 PM
The 49th game was against Aston Villa.

I should think they quite enjoyed the last 15 minutes of Barcelona at home last year.

Was it?

Arsenal website :doh:

Said it was Blackburn

friskyanders
18-09-2011, 07:10 PM
I think the Blackburn game was when they broke Forest's record and Fabregas became our youngest ever scorer in the league but Villa was definitely the 49th. Arsenal.con has been spouting inacurrate shite for years - but mainly from the mouth of Wengie!!

Marc Overmars
18-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Yep it was Aston Villa. We won 3-1, I seem to remember us absolutley battering them.

Not been the same since Rooney and Mike Riley doubled teamed us.

GP
18-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Our players look like droopy eyed armless children

Özim
18-09-2011, 11:08 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Marc Overmars
18-09-2011, 11:11 PM
That thing makes me lol.

Looks like Wenger tbh.

Tipsychubbs
19-09-2011, 12:28 AM
told to go out and just enjoy the game.

I think that's the problem. There seems to be little tactical planning or foundation that underpins the team, giving them that basic platform to build on before you play the pretty stuff and enjoy yourselves. Barca look like they'e having fun, but they have worked on it. I read one interview on Messi, where he says Guardiola makes them work hard in training off the ball, defending as a team from forwards to midfield to back four. Their possession game is built on players creating space, constantly moving, making themselves available to the ball carrier who usually has 2-3 options. They know what they are doing because they have practiced it over and over again.

Our players don't seem to utilize any tactical planning, they do just seem to have been told to 'go out and express' themselves. And when they seem to have worked on something, such as this 'zonal defending', it doesn't seem to work very well!

Its so frustrating because with the invincibles we would win the ball in midfield or defence, and counter attack with pace and intelligent movement. Ljunberg making diagonal runs, Cole linking up with Pires, Henry drifting around, Bergkamp being the No.10 pulling the strings, Veira driving forward the attacks. The team knew what they were doing, and were clearly enjoying it, so how come now they look so clueless a lot of the time?

fari
19-09-2011, 01:56 AM
I think that's the problem. There seems to be little tactical planning or foundation that underpins the team, giving them that basic platform to build on before you play the pretty stuff and enjoy yourselves. Barca look like they'e having fun, but they have worked on it. I read one interview on Messi, where he says Guardiola makes them work hard in training off the ball, defending as a team from forwards to midfield to back four. Their possession game is built on players creating space, constantly moving, making themselves available to the ball carrier who usually has 2-3 options. They know what they are doing because they have practiced it over and over again.

Our players don't seem to utilize any tactical planning, they do just seem to have been told to 'go out and express' themselves. And when they seem to have worked on something, such as this 'zonal defending', it doesn't seem to work very well!

Its so frustrating because with the invincibles we would win the ball in midfield or defence, and counter attack with pace and intelligent movement. Ljunberg making diagonal runs, Cole linking up with Pires, Henry drifting around, Bergkamp being the No.10 pulling the strings, Veira driving forward the attacks. The team knew what they were doing, and were clearly enjoying it, so how come now they look so clueless a lot of the time?

good effing question. was clichy the last of the invincibles? i wish someone would interview him and ask him what changed tactically between then and now

Master Splinter
19-09-2011, 02:17 AM
The beginning of the 04/05 season was probably the best feeling ever as a fan.

Then Rooney and Riley cheated their way to a result.

Then Reyes became a useless pussy.

Then Chelsea's ££££$$$$$ took over.

Then......................

:upset: :crying:.