We're back

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Yay

Marc Overmars
20-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Great win.

The stuff dreams are made of.

Up against it against a superior team and we battled through and won in style.

We are back.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2011, 08:44 PM
We showed the sprit we all know we have, Arsene for Manger of the season for that comback tbh

fakeyank
20-09-2011, 08:47 PM
:dancingman:

Xhaka Can’t
20-09-2011, 08:48 PM
We twatted those twats.

gunnerrrrr
people who saw or went to the game, how were Park, Oxo, Ryo? Any first team potential (not much of a stretch these days)...cheers

Joker
Against all the odds we managed to stage a comeback. This team's mental strength continues to amaze me.

IBK
20-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Good win.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2011, 08:50 PM
people who saw or went to the game, how were Park, Oxo, Ryo? Any first team potential (not much of a stretch these days)...cheers

Park seemed like he was there to sell shirts never heard anything of him tonight tbh, OXO was good not sure about RYO

Cripps_orig
20-09-2011, 08:50 PM

Park - a bit shit

Oxo - a bit good

Ryo - did what he came on for and we're better off money wise cos of it

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Against all the odds we managed to stage a comeback. This team's mental strength continues to amaze me. Timeto get the wenger Knows Banners back out tbh

Maestro
20-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Could'nt have done it without Messi, Falcao & Balloteli tbh

Cripps_orig
20-09-2011, 08:54 PM
One thing worthy of note in a nothing match is we played 4-4-2

Usually we just stick with the 4-5 fucking 1 no matter the team or competition

Hope we play the 4-4-2 from now on

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2011, 08:56 PM
One thing worthy of note in a nothing match is we played 4-4-2

Usually we just stick with the 4-5 fucking 1 no matter the team or competition

Hope we play the 4-4-2 from now on

But we had 2 strikers who stuggled a Shewsbury ffs not sure who plyed upfront in a 442 with RVP

Cripps_orig
20-09-2011, 08:56 PM
But we had 2 strikers who stuggled a Shewsbury ffs not sure who plyed upfront in a 442 with RVP

Chamakh

Maestro
20-09-2011, 08:58 PM
goal highlights anyone?

server too busy!
20-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Arsenal player

Cripps_orig
20-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Watching the whole match now on Arsenal Player

Id rather just see the goals though

Niall_Quinn
20-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Chamakh

You do it to yourself.

Niall_Quinn
20-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Play this lot instead of 1st 11? No point changing a winning team.

Cripps_orig
20-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Goals on SSN now

McNamara That Ghost...
20-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Oxocubes goal was great, struck very true. Looked like all with the very top of his foot too. :blink:

Cripps_orig
20-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Djourou for their goal :doh:

Just fuck off

Maestro
20-09-2011, 09:11 PM
just seen the goals on ssn, oxo cube good instinctive strike

Cripps_orig
20-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Oxface shot was well struck and powerful. Far too powerful for the keeper who dived over it

Gibbs was a decent header and Yossi couldnt miss

Niall_Quinn
20-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Oxocubes goal was great, struck very true. Looked like all with the very top of his foot too. :blink:

Hope Wenger's not too hard on him and makes allowances because he's come from a different club.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2011, 09:14 PM

Was brilliant excatly what we need play him in more games tbh

Özim
20-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Oxo is a very talented player, you can spot players with ability as soon as you see them, saw him for Southampton last season and was very impressed.

IMO this guy can become something special in time.

PGFC
20-09-2011, 09:40 PM
:faint:

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Oxo is a very talented player, you can spot players with ability as soon as you see them, saw him for Southampton last season and was very impressed.

Worth the money we paid for him tbh

Cripps_orig
20-09-2011, 09:57 PM
on getting the win against a decent side…
It was a bit nervy because we played against a good side. I said before the game that the lower divisions have improved in the last five years and you could see that. They were direct but not without technique. They had a direct game but they played it with intelligence and efficiency. They had a few dangerous situations in the first half, even after they scored. So 1-1 was not too bad for us at half time and in the second half we took over, they dropped physically and we played in one half after that.

on whether he was calm at half time…
Yes, I was very calm at half time because panic doesn’t help. I felt that if we maintained the pace in the game we had a good chance to win the game.

on whether Shrewsbury ‘dominated’ the first half…
I’m not sure they dominated the first half, if you look at the numbers again you will see they didn’t dominate the game. They created dangerous situations. It’s always difficult to beat a football team, no matter what division they play in. They knocked Swansea and Derby out and you can see why. They are top of their league.

on whether some of his players are playing with fear…
We played a young team with a mixture of young players and experienced players. We took a gamble and it worked because you could see some players, who we haven’t seen so much of like Oxlade-Chamberlain and Coquelin, have done extremely well and that is positive for the future.

on how to get belief back in the squad…
In the last four games, we have had three good results and the one game we didn’t was Blackburn and that, for me, was a miracle. Look at the numbers; we had 62 per cent of the possession and had 16 shots on goal and we lost 4-3.

on Oxlade-Chamberlain and Coquelin’s performances…
Oxlade-Chamberlain grew through the game and became stronger and stronger. In the first half he was a bit timid and suddenly he grew in stature in the second half. It was unbelievable. What came out, you didn’t expect it after the first half. He became stronger and stronger.

on whether he has staked a claim for a place in the first team…
You could see that he will be a first-team player here, that is for sure. He still has things to work on but, very quickly, he will be knocking on the door.

on Djourou’s performance…
He was very good in the second half. In the first half, he was surprised on the goal. In the second half, he had a good performance.

on whether he will bring in a defensive coach…
I just completed 32 years of coaching. I do not want to answer these types of questions.

On Ryo’s performance…
He did well when he came on. My regret tonight is that he didn’t play long enough to show what he is capable of doing. He will get more opportunities.

on speculation regarding his future…
Whether I work here for the next 10 years or the next day here, I will give my maximum for the Club. I will let other people assess the situation. I focus on doing well for this club, that is all. I am not bothered at all by all this speculation.

I am completely focused on doing well. I can understand that people are unhappy and criticise but people are very quick to go overboard. I accept critics and I don’t say it doesn’t matter. I prefer it if people say I am good but I cannot complain when we lose a game and you are criticised. When we do well, we take all the plaudits so we have to take the blame when it doesn’t go well. But we have, on both sides, to take a little bit of distance.

Decent side :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
20-09-2011, 10:05 PM
He was hardly going to say they were cack.

Young Guns 11
20-09-2011, 10:05 PM

Park was slow getting into the game, as was Oxo, but the 2nd half, Oxo came to life, he looks a talent.

Ryo made a few good runs when he came on, but nothing amazing.

Chamakh was appalling.

Xhaka Can’t
20-09-2011, 10:16 PM
What was the attendance?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-09-2011, 10:19 PM
wenger says he's happy to stay on another 14 years.

i hope he doesn't.

Fist of Lehmann
20-09-2011, 10:19 PM
on whether he will bring in a defensive coach…
I just completed 32 years of coaching. I do not want to answer these types of questions.
That'll be a 'no' then will it?

Sounds pretty touchy about it too.

Marc Overmars
20-09-2011, 10:21 PM
What was the attendance?

Over 46k according to SSN. Not even a £10 ticket was going to fill this one up.

Xhaka Can’t
20-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks buddy.

Time for sleep - at least there should be no nightmares tonight.

mkkreuk
21-09-2011, 12:08 AM

I was at the game, so not privy to many replays but better placed to see movement. Park looked a little rusty, but he made some good runs which were not picked out by his team mates. He looked better than Chamakh who seemed to be constantly on the back foot.

Oxo was mediocre in the first half. Out of position way too often which almost cost us defensively. In the second half he got on the ball more and looked very lively. He looks like what we hope(d) Theo could/can be. He had lots of pace but most importantly he was taking players on easily (admittedly he was playing against Shrewsbury). Oxo was definitely the best player in the second half. He took the match into his own hands, whereas some players seemed to be jogging around.

Ryo didn't really have much time to impress but when he did have the ball he looked supreme. Boy has tekkers. His low centre of gravity made him look dangerous and the opposition defenders were not comfortable against him. No time to see what kind of vision he has in terms of passing.

I haven't read this thread in it's entirety to know whether this is a repeat of what's already been said.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-09-2011, 12:33 AM

This is why I say he should be on the subs bench at least for all games, young, raw wanting to prove a point and eager as hell to help out. . . .and most of all fucking talentd. . . .a PL fullbacks worst nightmare

FFS play him. . . .Giggs and co were young as was Rooney. . . .that talented yet to see but sure as heck a step up from that gimp Arshavin who by the way should not be playing out wide

toothless gibbon
21-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Over 46k according to SSN. Not even a £10 ticket was going to fill this one up.

Still the highest attendance in the competition.

server too busy!
21-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Coquelin and AOC looked awesome. I think they should both be part of the first team, Coq looks like he can tackle and also play the ball about.

PGFC
21-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Coquelin and AOC looked awesome. I think they should both be part of the first team, Coq looks like he can tackle and also play the ball about.

Ha, I always knew STB liked Coq

Marc Overmars
21-09-2011, 08:51 AM

Having the biggest ground in use may have something to do with that. :lol:

Ollie the Optimist
21-09-2011, 09:06 AM

and more then citeh had in their first ever champions league game. lol

Flavs
21-09-2011, 09:14 AM

:lol:

LDG
21-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Win's a win.

Nice.

Other than that.

Meh.

server too busy!
21-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Your fantasies are spilling over again...

Dog Toffee
21-09-2011, 11:58 AM
http://www.livefootballol.com/highlights/england/carling-cup-r3-arsenal-shrewsbury-town-20-09-2011.html

Full Highlights here.

Power n Glory
21-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Miguel, Coquelin and Oxlade were impressive. The contrast between Miguel and Djourou was pretty shocking. The kid was composed when a high ball was sent his way to deal with, held off their attackers shoulder to shoulder when needed and was no push over. Anticpated danged well put Djourou to shame. The first goal was pretty shocking. Djourou had a shocking first half and should be nowhere near the first team if he's jittery over Shrewsbury.

Coquelin was a beast. Worked his socks off and won many tackles and interceptions for us. Very impressive. Frimpong and Song better watch their backs.

Oxlade Chamberlain was great in the second half. He's a central mid player but the kid can dribble and take players on. That's what we need down our right side.Took his goal well and was a thorn in their side. He could have scored more.

Benayoun scored but got better in the second half but he needs to shoot more. I hope he's not another Hleb type. Park was moving a around a lot but didn't get the ball. He looks quick and willing to shoot but we need players to give him the ball.

Chamakh was okay but he's just not direct enough and if he can't score against Shrewsbury, then I fear for the rest of his season. He's unable to carve a chance out for himself. He needs to be forced fed.

Other than that we were okay. It wasn't great but it was good to see some the new boys. I've got high hopes for Chamberlain. Ryo also looked dangerous but didn't get enough playing time.

Dog Toffee
21-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Agree about Djoujou, he's contending with The Squid as one of our worst defenders.

Fist of Lehmann
21-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Coquelin was a beast. Worked his socks off and won many tackles and interceptions for us.Henceforth known as the The Coq Block.

The Coq Block :bow:

Cripps_orig
21-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Henceforth known as the The Coq Block.

The Coq Block :bow:

If he becomes as good as Gilberto was who i named as The Condom back on the GW then i can see it sticking

Master Splinter
21-09-2011, 01:54 PM
If he becomes as good as Gilberto was who i named as The Condom back on the GW then i can see it sticking

:blink:

Xhaka Can’t
21-09-2011, 01:55 PM
You called Gilberto, the what?

Cripps_orig
21-09-2011, 01:56 PM
:blink:Back on the old GW.

Typo

Flavs
21-09-2011, 02:02 PM
http://www.livefootballol.com/highlights/england/carling-cup-r3-arsenal-shrewsbury-town-20-09-2011.html

Full Highlights here.

:good:

Should of been 1-3 down at half time tbh. Still got caught twice 2 vs 2 at the back fffs

Flavs
21-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Back on the old GW.

Typo

what were you trying to call him???

The condor?

Xhaka Can’t
21-09-2011, 02:07 PM
The Trojan?

LDG
21-09-2011, 02:09 PM
AIDS catcher.

Master Splinter
21-09-2011, 02:14 PM
AIDS catcher.

He scared me in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Xhaka Can’t
21-09-2011, 02:15 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/276638_204823202901142_5141459_n.jpg

From Gilberto's Facebook page.

LDG
21-09-2011, 02:16 PM
He scared me in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

"Ice creams, herpes, HIV, Cherry Pie....allllll...freeeee.....todaaaay"

Master Splinter
21-09-2011, 02:20 PM
"Ice creams, herpes, HIV, Cherry Pie....allllll...freeeee.....todaaaay"

Haagen Daaz do those flavours now?

Will have to try them out tbh.

LDG
21-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Haagen Daaz do those flavours now?

Will have to try them out tbh.

Look at Mr Moneybags. Haagen Daaz eh?

Come on here floutin your wealth. Go on, fuck off....we'll stick to Sainsbury's own brand AIDS. You cunt.

Xhaka Can’t
21-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Sainsbury's?

Fuckin showoff.

LDG
21-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Sainsbury's?

Fuckin showoff.

Gotta have some luxury's.

My spare cash doesn't stretch to Arsenal Memberships.

Xhaka Can’t
21-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Gotta have some luxury's.

My spare cash doesn't stretch to Arsenal Memberships.

Sometimes you just have to :tiphat: when you've been got.

Well played sir.

Master Splinter
21-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Come on here floutin your wealth. Go on, fuck off....we'll stick to Sainsbury's own brand AIDS. You cunt.

Jamie Oliver pulled out just in time.

Sainsbury's are definitely going down hill when the only customers they can attract are Jeremy Kyle look-alikes.

LDG
21-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Jamie Oliver pulled out just in time.

If only Gilberto had :rose:

Flavs
21-09-2011, 02:43 PM
If only Gilberto had :rose:

If only your dad had

LDG
21-09-2011, 02:43 PM
If only your dad had

Aye. Then you wouldn't be here.