PDA

View Full Version : The Emirates

Ironing
22-09-2011, 10:15 PM
2 things

Which seat do you prefer?

Upper or Lower tier

It would be interesting to see what people's preferences are, considering that the club value upper tier seats less than club level, but more than the lower tier.

Also how do you feel about red members being given a protected allowance for every home match? This was actually a concept I championed on the official forums about a year before the club announced the change themselves.

I was actually shouted down by practically everybody else in that thread

Marc Overmars
22-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Lower tier without a doubt. It's cheaper for a start and I always prefer being closer to the action.

Can't see a problem with Red members being given an allowance, they've paid for the right to have these tickets available to them after all.

Xhaka Can’t
22-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Lower.

Cheaper.

Closer.

Louder.

Master Splinter
22-09-2011, 11:22 PM
I've always preferred being higher in a stadium, as you get a better overview of the action. The Emirates is pretty big though, so it doesn't make too much of a difference in terms of surveying the game.

Not too high though, because that's where the weirdos are.

Coney
23-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Never managed to get a lower ticket seat so I don't know. If I had a choice, I'd try both periodically. At Highbury, I used to vary between the terraces and on the South Bank a little west of the clock.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-09-2011, 06:59 AM
I usually have been in the upper tier clock end, but changed to upper tier north bank.......just for the sake of change really

Although i find it easier getting to and from the ground at the north bank

Injury Time
24-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Lower.

Cheaper.

Closer.

Louder.
This.
99% of my red tickets had been upper at emirates, but fortunate season ticket is north bank lower (corner where team warm up) I would never have splashed out the extra £250 (in the gods) to £500ish slightly less in the gods per season for a less connected experience (Suffolk gooner is going with my dad today, do say hello if you see him).

Upper tier at Highbury was far worse than Emirates upper for atmosphere IMHO the looks you got for making a noise :rolleyes: loved north bank lower and west lower (so long as avoided the fossilised pasties).

Ironing
24-09-2011, 07:17 PM
I don't understand why lower tier seats are cheaper when they're more sought after

Cripps_orig
24-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Prob cos you see f all sitting lower and see everything upper

Injury Time
24-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Wenger really has you brain washed with the "I didn't zee it" :console:

Ironing
24-09-2011, 07:24 PM

No wonder Wenger has selective visison

fakeyank