PDA

View Full Version : Arsene Wenger's "frosty" press conference

Ernesto
23-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Ahead of tomorrow's game against Bolton, AW's press conference (which is always given such a high billing by SSN in spite of just how indifferently we're doing on the pitch) was incredible, perhaps for all the wrong reasons. It was like watching an embarrassing Uncle make a drunken fool of himself at a family wedding. A sharp intake of breath and a wince at the cringeworthy character.

So, I caught this press conference just at the point where Wenger was discussing/praising "......the spirit of the team" :doh: (This could have been preceded by the words "I question..." but the likelihood of that is slim to none.) The interviewer went on to ask if Wenger is feeling the pressure (only the pre-match jitters, Wenger replied, or words to that effect), whether he needs to supplement his coaching staff (no, was the frank answer from Le Prof) and whether or not Bergkamp is coming back to the club in a coching capacity (at this point AW got touchy- he said he had just answered that question)

Further on, the interviewer asked about Gary Cahill (would we bid for him again in Jan, as Owen Coyle seems to thinks so). Wenger questioned the question- why was the interviewer asking this in September, at the close of the transfer window? Ask again in December. The interviewer, not knowing the folly of his ways, then proceeded to ask if we were going to sign Joey Barton in the summer just gone. "No comment", Wenger replied.

Throughout, Arsene Wenger was noticably agitated, and there were even signs of an anxious twitch (not to Redknapp proportions, of course, but the gaffer could barely crack a smile)

I didn't know whether to be impressed or horrified by the end of it. Compelling viewing, for all of 5 minutes (if that), for all the wrong reasons.

Ollie the Optimist
23-09-2011, 12:37 PM
when the whole british media have been bashing you all fucking summer it might be understandable why he is annoyed at them, its a new sport for them, lets get wenger even more pissed off. not to say he hasnt made mistakes but the way they are going on at him is disgusting

McNamara That Ghost...
23-09-2011, 12:42 PM
I thought it was great. About time he treated them like crap.

Marc Overmars
23-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Good on him, he doesn't need to say anything.

Talking is done on the pitch.

Fats
23-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Serves Wenger right, he is so full of bullshit im surprised he dont burst.

Özim
23-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Serves Wenger right, he is so full of bullshit im surprised he dont burst.
:lol: Damn right, he's an embarrassment, he's chosen now to shut the f*ck up when we're going through our worst period and he has a lot to answer for (and he has to answer the most difficult questions) rather than several years ago.

Bout time people asked him some probing questions though, he's been getting lame questions for years.

Joker
23-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Wenger is rightly being questioned for the mistakes he has made in terms of tactics, transfer dealings etc not just last season, but over the last 5 seasons. With any other manager, his very position at the club would have been questioned, so the fact that Wenger is under the spotlight in a negative way is all his own doing and I don't feel sorry for him. He's messed up and he's paying the consequences at least in the media.

LDG
23-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Don't give a fuck.

I just want a committed 3 points this weekend.

Ollie the Optimist
23-09-2011, 01:38 PM
i swear some people are enjoying this bad press about us and almost want us to lose so it can continue so they get their way rather then wanting the team to turn it round

Ollie the Optimist
23-09-2011, 01:45 PM
just watched it and no wonder he got annoyed. he was asked a question he answered it and then the media just twisted it and asked him again. think it was swanson being a twat

Özim
23-09-2011, 01:57 PM
just watched it and no wonder he got annoyed. he was asked a question he answered it and then the media just twisted it and asked him again. think it was swanson being a twat
Shame he never gets annoyed as his precious players eh :coffee:

Grebbo
23-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Do people still actually listen to anything Wenger has to say?

The guy is finished we're just seeing the start of a long and painful divorce.

Don't watch him, he's said everything before a thousand times.

Ernesto
23-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Reading the replies on this thread, I kinda agree with Ollie and Grebbo.

1) We should not be willing the team to lose, in any way, shape or form. Defeat tomorrow will not spell the end for Wenger, anyway, so people wishing for this "worst case scenario"- I'm sorry to piss on your parade, but it's a long way off.

2) I gave up listening to Wenger a long time ago, too. Especially post-match in the wake of defeat. The same old sanctimonious bullsh!t. I just so happened to be at home today (a "no-work" day!) so I stumbled upon Wenger's pre-match conference :)

Syn
23-09-2011, 02:30 PM
I don't mind wenger getting a hard time from the press because it goes some way to balancing the lack of pressure that is out on him by his employers. Even if it is the scummy media, I feel someone who is as bad at his job as wenger is at the moment shouldn't be taking home £5m a year without being bullied a bit.

Coney
23-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Further on, the interviewer asked about Gary Cahill (would we bid for him again in Jan, as Owen Coyle seems to thinks so). Wenger questioned the question- why was the interviewer asking this in September, at the close of the transfer window? Ask again in December.

And quite right by Arsene Wenger. Outside the transfer window, it is wrong to discuss players from other clubs as it is destabilising. Only cunts from Barca cunt clubs would do that.

fakeyank
23-09-2011, 03:30 PM
I don't mind wenger getting a hard time from the press because it goes some way to balancing the lack of pressure that is out on him by his employers. Even if it is the scummy media, I feel someone who is as bad at his job as wenger is at the moment shouldn't be taking home £5m a year without being bullied a bit.

:gp:

I want even more pressure on this man. Just like the 8-2 defeat was necessary for major changes, I feel this pressure on AW is needed coz the board is doing jack shit. Inshahallah, this pressure will get him to quit or change his ways! :pray:

Fist of Lehmann
23-09-2011, 03:43 PM
I don't mind wenger getting a hard time from the press because it goes some way to balancing the lack of pressure that is out on him by his employers. Even if it is the scummy media, I feel someone who is as bad at his job as wenger is at the moment shouldn't be taking home £5m a year without being bullied a bit.Kinda contradicts what Alex Fynn said on today's Arsecast about Wenger being under enormous pressure.

LDG
23-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Kinda contradicts what Alex Fynn said on today's Arsecast about Wenger being under enormous pressure.

Alex Fynn :haha:

He's that poncy twat who used to be on the Sky panel on Saturday mornings before SoccerAm became a kids show innit.

Lol.

Fist of Lehmann
23-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Alex Fynn :haha:

He's that poncy twat who used to be on the Sky panel on Saturday mornings before SoccerAm became a kids show innit.

Lol.Well, sure he does sound kinda camp...:unsure:

LDG
23-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Well, sure he does sound kinda camp...:unsure:

I just remember him being completely and utterly wrong most of the time....

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-09-2011, 04:03 PM
brilliant press conference.

needs to do stuff like this more often.

Syn
23-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Kinda contradicts what Alex Fynn said on today's Arsecast about Wenger being under enormous pressure. I don't know what alex fynn is.And those who are switched on would try to look further into that statement; wenger is under pressure from who? Because his employer publicly said the other day that wenger will not be sacked. Is he under pressure from the fans? The fans might want him out but they have little say in the matter. I've got to be honest, if my employer told me I will not get sacked, My natural reaction wouldn't be to feel like I'm struggling to keep my job...maybe that's just me and my crazy logic.

GP
23-09-2011, 04:14 PM
I don't know what alex fynn is.And those who are switched on would try to look further into that statement; wenger is under pressure from who? Because his employer publicly said the other day that wenger will not be sacked. Is he under pressure from the fans? The fans might want him out but they have little say in the matter. I've got to be honest, if my employer told me I will not get sacked, My natural reaction wouldn't be to feel like I'm struggling to keep my job...maybe that's just me and my crazy logic.

They said that in public, of course. What else can they say? They have to at least appear to be behind him.

Privately, I'm sure it's very different.

Syn
23-09-2011, 04:18 PM
They said that in public, of course. What else can they say? They have to at least appear to be behind him.

Nothing at all.

When Ivan is asked that question, he should say "we never discuss the manager's position publicly as a club policy" or some garbage along those lines. Saying nothing is better than what he said.

Fist of Lehmann
23-09-2011, 04:21 PM
I just remember him being completely and utterly wrong most of the time....This I did not know, having never heard of him.

What he said on the Arsecast pretty much mirrored that interview on Goal.com that Ach posted.

Although granted, Goal.com aren't the most rigorous in the world.

LDG
23-09-2011, 04:25 PM
This I did not know, having never heard of him.

What he said on the Arsecast pretty much mirrored that interview on Goal.com that Ach posted.

Although granted, Goal.com aren't the most rigorous in the world.

He's just someone who makes some money from being an Arsenal pundit.

Maybe he has links into the club, but those links (you would think) would be plugged up by the club if they didn't want private info getting out. But then, you would have though someone with as close links to the club, like Wrighty, Smudger, Dixon, Keown etc etc would know more....and their guess is as good as anyones...

All I know is that he's talked absolute rubbish whenever I've listened to him.

Fist of Lehmann
23-09-2011, 04:36 PM
He's just someone who makes some money from being an Arsenal pundit.

Maybe he has links into the club, but those links (you would think) would be plugged up by the club if they didn't want private info getting out. But then, you would have though someone with as close links to the club, like Wrighty, Smudger, Dixon, Keown etc etc would know more....and their guess is as good as anyones...

All I know is that he's talked absolute rubbish whenever I've listened to him.I doubt Arseblog pays him though.

He actually struck me as one of those guys who get's a kick out divulging supposed inside knowledge.
He wasn't shy about talking about how he was a neighbour of Wenger and personal aquaintance.

I think he's a freelance something or other so Arsenal can't really shut him up without NDAs.

Fist of Lehmann
23-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Nothing at all.

When Ivan is asked that question, he should say "we never discuss the manager's position publicly as a club policy" or some garbage along those lines. Saying nothing is better than what he said.Every company has this policy though surely?

If your company put you on probation would you want that disclosed publically?

Syn
23-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Every company has this policy though surely?

If your company put you on probation would you want that disclosed publically?

No, but obviously there's some middle ground here. I wouldn't expect my manager to be saying "I will not consider sacking him" if he is.

Lets be clear about what Ivan said.

"Arsene Wenger is not broken. To see him portrayed as an idiot is damaging - not to him or the club but to the game.
"[Sacking him] is a route we are not going to go down."

...This is different from just presenting a unified front with something like "We are behind Arsene and believe he will turn things around" or "Wenger is a good manager and we are fully behind him". He explicitly says he will not consider sacking him. I don't understand the ambiguity here.

Xhaka Can’t
23-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Nothing at all.

When Ivan is asked that question, he should say "we never discuss the manager's position publicly as a club policy" or some garbage along those lines. Saying nothing is better than what he said.

Care to explain why?

Syn
23-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Care to explain why?

Because saying "I will not consider sacking Arsene" if he is considering sacking Arsene would make no sense.

Özim
23-09-2011, 06:35 PM

:lol: Ah the behind closed doors nonsense again, was waiting for that to rear it's ugly head again, he makes the club money that's all they care about, when they say he won't be sacked it's because he won't be.

Özim
23-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Wenger won't get sacked, we're stuck with him for another 14 years or however long the f*cker wants to stay put.

But then at 6 million a year who can blame him for staying, it's easy money, just a shame our board have got no balls or ambition really.

Globalgunner
23-09-2011, 06:38 PM
The inter manager just got sacked for having a comparable start with his team. and our top brass com out and back Pepe le pew for another 14 years at the club Heaven help us

Özim
23-09-2011, 06:40 PM
The inter manager just got sacked for having a comparable start with his team. and our top brass com out and back Pepe le pew for another 14 years at the club Heaven help us
Very true, difference is Inter want to win stuff, we just want to make money.

Xhaka Can’t
23-09-2011, 06:43 PM

You may not want him to be Manager anymore, I know I don't. But why be so disrespectful?

Also, the achievements of Wenger are not comparable with the Inter manager, so you are lacking consideration of context in your post.

I know people want a change, but is it really clever to call him names? Were you calling him Pepe le Pew in 2004?

Özim
23-09-2011, 06:48 PM
You may not want him to be Manager anymore, I know I don't. But why be so disrespectful?

Also, the achievements of Wenger are not comparable with the Inter manager, so you are lacking consideration of context in your post.

I know people want a change, but is it really clever to call him names? Were you calling him Pepe le Pew in 2004?
Frankly after years of insulting our intelligence and blaming the fans he deserves it IMO.

He's got no respect for the fans why should they respect him? The board and him have frankly been taking the p*ss out of the fans for too long now.

Xhaka Can’t
23-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Frankly after years of insulting our intelligence and blaming the fans he deserves it IMO.

He's got no respect for the fans why should they respect him? The board and him have frankly been taking the p*ss out of the fans for too long now.

You're wrong, and I have little respect for anyone who resorts to juvenile namecalling of Wenger. I want a change, and I can think of many coherent arguements to support my position without the need to call a man who works his ass off for the Club, names.

Tipsychubbs
23-09-2011, 06:57 PM
:lol: Damn right, he's an embarrassment, he's chosen now to shut the f*ck up when we're going through our worst period and he has a lot to answer for (and he has to answer the most difficult questions) rather than several years ago.

Wenger is rightly being questioned for the mistakes he has made in terms of tactics, transfer dealings etc not just last season, but over the last 5 seasons. With any other manager, his very position at the club would have been questioned, so the fact that Wenger is under the spotlight in a negative way is all his own doing and I don't feel sorry for him. He's messed up and he's paying the consequences at least in the media.

I agree he's brought it on himself. Did it really have to get to this point? No, it didn't.

Özim
23-09-2011, 06:58 PM
You're wrong, and I have little respect for anyone who resorts to juvenile namecalling of Wenger. I want a change, and I can think of many coherent arguements to support my position without the need to call a man who works his ass off for the Club, names.
He gets 6 million a year, anyone would work their arse off for that, some people portray him as some sort of Martyr....that is a lot of money in anyone's world.

I'm sick of his lies and his nonsense, it's like he patronises people on purpose and guess what.....now that the going gets tough and the hard questions come his way he decides it's time to shut up, the guy has a cheek.

I have no respect for someone who lies time and time again and chooses to insult the intelligence of people and then effectively runs away when the going gets tough.

Respect has to be earnt and it the last 6 years he's lost all the respect he had built up through negligence and lies.

The fans pay his fat cat salary, they can say what they want IMO.

Özim
23-09-2011, 07:00 PM
I agree he's brought it on himself. Did it really have to get to this point? No, it didn't.
No it really didn't, it could have been very different if he'd been a bit more flexible and adaptable and accepted the obvious flaws without making ridiculous excuses, problem is he has a holier than thou attitude which is ruining the club IMO.

Xhaka Can’t
23-09-2011, 07:08 PM
He gets 6 million a year, anyone would work their arse off for that, some people portray him as some sort of Martyr....that is a lot of money in anyone's world.

I'm sick of his lies and his nonsense, it's like he patronises people on purpose and guess what.....now that the going gets tough and the hard questions come his way he decides it's time to shut up, the guy has a cheek.

I have no respect for someone who lies time and time again and chooses to insult the intelligence of people and then effectively runs away when the going gets tough.

Respect has to be earnt and it the last 6 years he's lost all the respect he had built up through negligence and lies.

The fans pay his fat cat salary, they can say what they want IMO.

He is perfectly entitled to behave in the way he did with those hacks. Other managers have and do. I wish Wenger did it earlier tbh.

Özim
23-09-2011, 07:32 PM
He is perfectly entitled to behave in the way he did with those hacks. Other managers have and do. I wish Wenger did it earlier tbh.
I agree, the issue is that he chooses to do so when the going gets tough, had he done it 2-3 years ago that would be great, but now is the wrong time as he needs to give the fans some answers for his failures.

Globalgunner
23-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Respect is a two way street. If PHW and his cohorts can come out and brand fans "morons", then we too can throw it back at them. Managers at some clubs get sacked the season after winning a double, RM even sacked a manager after winning both the league and CL. Here we lionize Wenger for stuff he did 6 years ago like he was some divine entity that has blessed us with his beatific presence. If a man is so deluded as not to know when he is doing a lousy job and the powers that be will not see the way clear to winning because it is littered with Euros,$,.....Then we the fans must not quietly hope that change will come on its own. The man has butchered whatever legacy he has with his own myopism. Now even the players are qusetioning his tactics yet HE still thinks he is doing the right thing and now its the players that are not faithfully carrying out his instructions.......Quote: "I have been coaching now for 32 years so i dont need any help"...32 years soon to be 46. The man will never leave Arsenal willingly because it is such a pressure fee job. Earning the same wage as serial winners while being a habitual loser. Any of 20 top teams around Europe will have shown this charlatan the door years ago.

Ollie the Optimist
23-09-2011, 08:46 PM

this. fergie wins but as soon as a journo says something he doesnt like he bans them. they dont treat him like shit cos they know he will ban them. arsene respects the media and wont but wont take the shit they throw at him.

also those ie zimm not respecting wenger are deluded. that man made the club it is today, he brought us our greatest success and though i want change i wont forget that fact and he will always be an arsenal legend in my eyes for what he has done for us

Coney
23-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Don't give a fuck.

I just want a committed 3 points this weekend.

I'll buy that.

The press can say what they want and do what they want. If we get 3 points, who gives..?

Xhaka Can’t
23-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Respect is a two way street. If PHW and his cohorts can come out and brand fans "morons", then we too can throw it back at them. Managers at some clubs get sacked the season after winning a double, RM even sacked a manager after winning both the league and CL. Here we lionize Wenger for stuff he did 6 years ago like he was some divine entity that has blessed us with his beatific presence. If a man is so deluded as not to know when he is doing a lousy job and the powers that be will not see the way clear to winning because it is littered with Euros,$,.....Then we the fans must not quietly hope that change will come on its own. The man has butchered whatever legacy he has with his own myopism. Now even the players are qusetioning his tactics yet HE still thinks he is doing the right thing and now its the players that are not faithfully carrying out his instructions.......Quote: "I have been coaching now for 32 years so i dont need any help"...32 years soon to be 46. The man will never leave Arsenal willingly because it is such a pressure fee job. Earning the same wage as serial winners while being a habitual loser. Any of 20 top teams around Europe will have shown this charlatan the door years ago.

If PHW and his cohorts can come out and brand fans "morons", then we too can throw it back at them PHW states it, so you take a pop at Wenger?

Managers at some clubs get sacked the season after winning a double, RM even sacked a manager after winning both the league and CL
Well that was pretty fuckin stupid, if you think not, maybe PHW was right.

Here we lionize Wenger for stuff he did 6 years ago like he was some divine entity that has blessed us with his beatific presence. I don't know what 'lionizing' is, but I'm pretty sure we don't. Nor do we idolize. Like I said, I want him gone, but I'll not call him names or assist the pondlife in the press in making a fool of him.

The man will never leave Arsenal willingly because it is such a pressure fee job.

If you can't see he is under pressure, once again it looks like PHW may have a point.

To sum up, quit being hysterical.

Injury Time
23-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Worst start to a season for 58 years, hush man Wenger knows :sulk:
Oh and nice use of "lionize" :good:

Coney
23-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Worst start to a season for 58 years, hush man Wenger knows :sulk:
Oh and nice use of "lionize" :good:

Well, he is the mane man.

Injury Time
23-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Well, he is the mane man.
That joke must fill you with pride.

Fist of Lehmann
23-09-2011, 09:43 PM
No, but obviously there's some middle ground here. I wouldn't expect my manager to be saying "I will not consider sacking him" if he is.

Lets be clear about what Ivan said.

"Arsene Wenger is not broken. To see him portrayed as an idiot is damaging - not to him or the club but to the game.
"[Sacking him] is a route we are not going to go down."

...This is different from just presenting a unified front with something like "We are behind Arsene and believe he will turn things around" or "Wenger is a good manager and we are fully behind him". He explicitly says he will not consider sacking him. I don't understand the ambiguity here.One is explicit and the other is implicit.

Özim
23-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Arsenal still in title race - Arsene Wenger

Arsene Wenger has insisted the race for the Premier League title is far from over, despite Arsenal already trailing Manchester United by 11 points.

The Gunners have endured their worst start to a campaign under the Frenchman, having lost three of their five league games, including an 8-2 mauling by United at Old Trafford.

In contrast, the defending champions have chalked up maximum points.

"If the team gets momentum, we can be very strong," said Wenger.

"Of course I am worried. It is absolutely not realistic not to be worried when you have a team like Manchester United in front of you."

Wenger, though, maintains it is far too early to be writing anyone off.

"The only thing we can do is focus on our performances, win our games and hope they will drop some points at some stage," the Frenchman added.

"However, at the moment I am more concerned by us than them. If they do a perfect season, they do a perfect season. Until now, only one team did that - Arsenal."

Wenger was referring to Arsenal's unbeaten 2003-04 league campaign, and accepts at the moment that just rediscovering the winning feeling is the priority for his side.

"What is important for us is to give absolutely everything to do it [win the title], but at the moment it is too early to speak about that," he said.

"Let's come back to a better distance with the top teams before we speak about that.

"Our start of the season was disturbed by the transfers [of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri] and by the fact that we had to qualify for the Champions League. We lost a lot of energy in these games."

Wenger lambasted his squad for the way they self-destructed in their 4-3 defeat at Blackburn last weekend, scoring two own goals in the second half after they had led 2-1.

The Frenchman will expect a response from the rest of the squad on Saturday against a Bolton side who have lost four league games on the spin.

What a deluded muppet :lol:

Marc Overmars
23-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Just the usual generic stuff about needing to do this and that, to get stronger. Nothing new.

Xhaka Can’t
23-09-2011, 11:30 PM

Yeah, the guy who wrote the headline is.

Anyone that falls for that headline is gullible beyond belief and deserves to be reading the drivel the British pondlife press peddles.

Ollie the Optimist
24-09-2011, 07:17 AM

Zimm - where in that article does he say we are in the race?

Japan Shaking All Over
24-09-2011, 09:44 AM
i swear some people are enjoying this bad press about us and almost want us to lose so it can continue so they get their way rather then wanting the team to turn it round

I'm with Ollie on this. . . .there is a certain group around here that seem to be willing us to lose and go looking for any excuse to bash the club, whether it be the board to the way Wenger sits on his chair during a press conference.

We do have problems that is obvious, and I do believe that Wenger needs to work more on fixing those problems, maybe in January so for me and I see a few others the only thing we csn do is get behind the team.Sure have a rant but wish nothing bad on the team. Every game I hope we win, if that win means a longer Wenger reign then so be it.

Wenger makes some shocking decisions at times and the summer was nit his best moment, he promised much but delivered little but it doesnt nean the likes of Areta cannot work we may have to give it a little longer but there are those that obviously want Wenger out and any angle will be used to hit him and the club,was reading about how crap yhe medical tem are, I am sure they were not employed because they are bad at their job.
Would like to add that Wenger mentioned being surprised at Utds start. . . .
Dont be! they played a whole pre-season together, including their new quality players. . .could have something to do with it. . .food for thought boss

Özim
24-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Zimm - where in that article does he say we are in the race?
This bit kinda does:

What is important for us is to give absolutely everything to do it [win the title], but at the moment it is too early to speak about that,

and maybe this bit:

"If the team gets momentum, we can be very strong," said Wenger.

"Of course I am worried. It is absolutely not realistic not to be worried when you have a team like Manchester United in front of you."

The latter certainly suggests that he thinks we have a chance otherwise why would Man U being in front of us matter.

Anyway it's not just that, it's the rest as well, the bit about Cesc and Nasri and the CL disturbing our season, that's solely down to his incompetence so not sure how he can use that as an excuse.

Xhaka Can’t
24-09-2011, 10:20 AM
He didn't say it.

At all.

Özim
24-09-2011, 10:23 AM
He didn't say it.

At all.
He doesn't have to, he's a deluded muppet, we know how he thinks...after all we've been through this over and over and over and over........

His delusional ideas are why the team is in the state it is today.

Joker
24-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Wonder what he'll whine about if we drop points today to Bolton. The length of the grass? The weather? The fact that Bolton had the temerity to actually have shots on goal?

Ollie the Optimist
24-09-2011, 10:32 AM
This bit kinda does:

and maybe this bit:

The latter certainly suggests that he thinks we have a chance otherwise why would Man U being in front of us matter.

Anyway it's not just that, it's the rest as well, the bit about Cesc and Nasri and the CL disturbing our season, that's solely down to his incompetence so not sure how he can use that as an excuse.

no it doesnt, its important to give everything to win the title true but does that mean he says we are in the race? no and another fact that is true if we get momemtum and win a few games then we can be strong. he doesnt say anywhere that we are in the race

Japan Shaking All Over
24-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Wonder what he'll whine about if we drop points today to Bolton. The length of the grass? The weather? The fact that Bolton had the temerity to actually have shots on goal?

Ahhhhhh :yawn: I dont know Joker, I'm sure he'll find something. . . . .

just like. . . .I'm sure muppets like you will find something to moan about if we win ten nil. . . .

Xhaka Can’t
24-09-2011, 11:58 AM

I wonder what you'll whine about if we win?

Özim
24-09-2011, 12:10 PM
no it doesnt, its important to give everything to win the title true but does that mean he says we are in the race? no and another fact that is true if we get momemtum and win a few games then we can be strong. he doesnt say anywhere that we are in the race
So explain this then

Why would you be worried about Man U being in front of you if you didn't think you could win the title exactly, please tell me I'd like to know?

If he didn't think we had a chance, he wouldn't even care!

Xhaka Can’t
24-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Do you really have nothing to do, but get outraged over ANYTHING he has to say?

Japan Shaking All Over
24-09-2011, 12:26 PM

cant believe you actually phrased that as a question GB

McNamara That Ghost...
24-09-2011, 12:38 PM

Are you new here?

Coney
24-09-2011, 03:14 PM

:lol:

Özim
24-09-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm not outraged believe me, but the guy is the reason I'm losing interest in football. I have no time for him and his "weird delusional" ways anymore.

Xhaka Can’t
24-09-2011, 05:10 PM

And, here's the answer: http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=800

Cripps_orig
24-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Show the media some respect he should.

They have written nothing about him he hasnt deserved for the past few months

Xhaka Can’t
24-09-2011, 07:08 PM
That is comfortably in your top 5 whacko nutjob posts.

IBK
26-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Getting a bit snipey on here all of a sudden, people.

LDG
26-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Getting a bit snipey on here all of a sudden, people.

Fuck off :angry:

Coney
26-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Fuck off :angry:

So's your face, motherf...