PDA

View Full Version : "Currants Bw..."

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 11:25 AM
Thats Big

Life is like a box of Kleenex.

GP
12-03-2020, 11:55 AM
https://i.redd.it/5wutnbrhn7m41.jpg

Letters
12-03-2020, 02:30 PM
Our Polish partners have just closed their office for the rest of the month! :doh:

Marc Overmars
12-03-2020, 02:36 PM
590 cases now. :wacko:

Think I’ll stay in this weekend tbf.

Globalgunner
12-03-2020, 03:01 PM

Im inviting myself over to MO`s house. Dont worry Ill bring a bottle of Cointreau with me

Letters
12-03-2020, 03:14 PM

10 deaths now.

Everyone :rose:

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 03:26 PM
It's quite incredible the schools aren't closed. If there's a major breakout of the infection, that's where it will start. If it hasn't already. And not checking people at airports? Really? WTF? In fact, this government is planning for legislation that will allow MORE kids to be packed into FEWER classrooms, should the need arise. If you want to ensure the maximum infection rate, that's how you do it.

I saw one total dipshit of an "expert" on the news this morning claiming it was "not yet time" to close schools and limit large public gatherings. What are these morons trying to do? Facilitate the maximum spread and then declare it's time to do something? I've also seen those twats demanding we all "obey" the government because, you know,.. science! What, like biology? No, it's the economy stupid. They'd rather save that than protect the elderly and medically vulnerable who are most certainly at risk.

If you look at China, Iran, Italy and now New York, it is crystal clear this government has not taken the necessary action to limit the spread of this virus. And if their inaction results in the death of civilians then they should be prosecuted.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 03:39 PM
The COBRA gang has just finished their meeting. The decision has been taken (at the highest level) to change the word "contain" to "delay". I'm hoping the virus can read.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 03:41 PM
Always a silver lining though: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51851414

Letters
12-03-2020, 05:12 PM
In Poland the schools are all closed.
Although in general I can't stand the guy, Trump's speech yesterday about this was pretty impressive.
They've taken decisive action to try and contain this while our lot are sitting around having meetings.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-03-2020, 05:35 PM
1000 dead in Italy now

:blink:

Letters
12-03-2020, 05:45 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51859553

Come on, Boris, you know what to do.

Liverpool :pal:

Letters
12-03-2020, 06:01 PM
1000 dead in Italy now

"Italy has now seen 1,016 deaths, amid a total number 15,113 infections."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51852320

Hold me! :hug:

McNamara That Ghost...
12-03-2020, 06:01 PM
The COBRA gang has just finished their meeting. The decision has been taken (at the highest level) to change the word "contain" to "delay". I'm hoping the virus can read.

It's a government shit scared of making the tough decisions.

All they said during the election will I guess be washed away depending on what they decide to do.

'Guided by the science'

There was a chance you could stand in a a place near Pompeii where you would not get ash and rock with mapping physics but I doubt anyone would want to risk it.

All in all, Letters woz right.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-03-2020, 06:03 PM
"Italy has now seen 1,016 deaths, amid a total number 15,113 infections."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51852320

Hold me! :hug:

That's what they want us not to do Letters!

Letters
12-03-2020, 06:12 PM
That's what they want us not to do Letters!

Oh yeah! :lol:

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 06:17 PM
1000 dead in Italy now

That's a bit crazy really.

Fortunately for us we only have 600 cases over here. Hopefully the guy I'm buying London Bridge from tomorrow is still okay.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-03-2020, 06:19 PM
NHL season suspended...

Football, carry on as you are.

Prem show must go on.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 06:30 PM
It's a government shit scared of making the tough decisions.

All they said during the election will I guess be washed away depending on what they decide to do.

'Guided by the science'

There was a chance you could stand in a a place near Pompeii where you would not get ash and rock with mapping physics but I doubt anyone would want to risk it.

All in all, Letters woz right.

I watched the chief medical bod giving his science bit after Boris' admission we're on our own. In purely scientific and statistical terms I guess he's right - the more people who get it the more immunity will be built up. But don't an awful lot of people have to die to win that benefit?

That's basically the decision they have made. That's why the schools are open and that's why the RAF is dropping the virus over towns and cities (I suppose I'd best not give them ideas). Their plan is to keep buggering on, let everyone get infected, stick everyone at home and then send the bulldozers and body bags when it's all over. Shitty plan, if you ask me. What if fewer people were exposed and we came up with a vaccine instead? In fact the Israelis are saying they might have one already.

Well, at least people have a clear picture of where they stand with Nanny State now. Nanny in the good times, a clean pair of hells when the shit hits the fan.

And why don't they shut down the stupid stock market if they are so bothered with propping up the ponzi scheme economy? It was shut down after 911. I'd say this is a slightly bigger threat to the economy than that. Shut the fucker down and stop the speculators thriving on human misery, for a change.

I hope everyone learns the lessons of globalisation. Gravy for a few thousand, shit for the rest of us. Open borders, economic booms and busts, freedom of movement for slave labour and interconnected systems that collapse en-masse when one link goes down. Fuck that. I'm off to buy seeds so I can grow potatoes and make booze from the skins.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 06:31 PM
NHL season suspended...

Football, carry on as you are.

Prem show must go on.

BLITWtbf

Does that mean that shitty third tier Euro cup thing might not be gong ahead now? Big shame.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-03-2020, 06:41 PM
It'll end up being the only tournament possible, in all sports.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 06:44 PM
Somebody who does "the science" but doesn't agree with the government's wait and see policies:
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/government-is-playing-roulette-with-the-public-as-uk-coronavirus-cases-hit-456/11/03/

That said, it's nice of the Chancellor to offer unlimited funding for tackling the problem. Does that mean big business that benefited from all this globalisation bullshit will be footing the bill? Didn't think so.

We have very little idea of just how bad this is going to get. Maybe not in terms of plague level deaths, but in the aftermath. One way or another, this country is going to grind to a halt. Apart from the PL, which will probably end up being played behind closed doors with no playa, but pay your subscriptions anyway.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 06:44 PM
It'll end up being the only tournament possible, in all sports.

Because the contestants are already zombies?

McNamara That Ghost...
12-03-2020, 08:09 PM
I still don't think we'll win.

Also, Kazakhstan are closing schools and they don't even have any cases yet! :bow:

dazthegooner
12-03-2020, 08:19 PM
West Ham have put all players into isolation not because of Coronavirus but because they're shit.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-03-2020, 08:21 PM
West Ham will be taking lessons from Coronavirus so they can understand how to stay close to your man.

LDG
12-03-2020, 08:24 PM
Mourinho will be self-idolising with Ronaldo

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 08:28 PM
I still don't think we'll win.

Also, Kazakhstan are closing schools and they don't even have any cases yet! :bow:

They don't have any schools either, so that's super impressive.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-03-2020, 08:38 PM
Very nice.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 08:44 PM
Italian health service contemplating turning away the elderly because they are overwhelmed by cases.

The plot of the Dustin Hoffman film is starting to look tame.

BUT - remember, the UK government suggests the elderly should not self-quarantine because they might get lonely (not even kidding, that's what they said).

Keep watching. The government wants your cash and they want your vote every 5 years, but beyond that they not only don't give a fuck about you, but even if they cared they couldn't do a damn thing to help you in a crisis. Government is a paper thin illusion.

I just called my Mum and said stay the fuck at home. Don't go listening to BBC suicide advice.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 08:46 PM
Very nice.

But fair.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-03-2020, 08:49 PM
We just have to get over the fact we'll lose family members before their time, whilst at the same time saying we need to build immunity.

Wash your hands.

LDG
12-03-2020, 09:04 PM
We just have to get over the fact we'll lose family members before their time, whilst at the same time saying we need to build immunity.

Wash your hands of them

Fixed

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 09:08 PM

Wash your hands.

Seems fair. And comprehensive. I'll definitely be voting for them next time. I like the package. Total, comprehensive, ultra coverage, though glaring exceptions may apply.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 09:14 PM
Is anyone starting to suspect that Wenger is in charge of this "coordinated response"? Do nothing, talk as if your are doing a lot, leave it to individuals to sort out the problem you are supposed to be managing, make the problem worse, far, far worse than if you hadn't intervened at all. And hire absolute fucking fuckwits to get the job done. Fingerprints all over this.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-03-2020, 09:16 PM
Seems fair. And comprehensive. I'll definitely be voting for them next time. I like the package. Total, comprehensive, ultra coverage, though glaring exceptions may apply.

Should have guessed this was the policy when Jeremy Hunt said "every older person should die with dignity and respect".

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 09:17 PM
Is anyone starting to suspect that Wenger is in charge of this "coordinated response"? Do nothing, talk as if your are doing a lot, leave it to individuals to sort out the problem you are supposed to be managing, make the problem worse, far, far worse than if you hadn't intervened at all. And hire absolute fucking fuckwits to get the job done. Fingerprints all over this.

You said your instead of you're :haha:

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 09:19 PM
Should have guessed this was the policy when Jeremy Hunt said "every older person should die with dignity and respect".

Jeremy Hunt rhymes with Jeremy Cunt.

Coincidence. Obviously.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 09:25 PM
Seriously though, I'm not waiting on some shitty government and their politically, economically biased "health" advisors to protect me and my family. I'm taking matters into my own hands and the chips can fall where they may later down the line. This is a wake up call for all those still capable of receiving one. I'm pulling my kids out of school, shutting my door and wearing gloves and a mask when I go and check on the elderly on my street, to make sure they at least have the basics. Fuck government, just fuck them. Look after the street you live in. Make sure everyone is okay. Be as human as the government aren't.

Letters
12-03-2020, 09:33 PM
They say you should check on your neighbours. The old lady next to me never checks on us.
Lazy cow hasn't even taken her milk in the last 3 days :sulk:

LDG
12-03-2020, 09:40 PM
Seriously though, I'm not waiting on some shitty government and their politically, economically biased "health" advisors to protect me and my family. I'm taking matters into my own hands and the chips can fall where they may later down the line. This is a wake up call for all those still capable of receiving one. I'm pulling my kids out of school, shutting my door and wearing gloves and a mask when I go and check on the elderly on my street, to make sure they at least have the basics. Fuck government, just fuck them. Look after the street you live in. Make sure everyone is okay. Be as human as the government aren't.

You’re going to don gloves and a mask, and knock on the doors of the vulnerable demanding to see what they have in their cupboards?

Nice.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 09:42 PM
They say you should check on your neighbours. The old lady next to me never checks on us.
Lazy cow hasn't even taken her milk in the last 3 days :sulk:

I'm not supposed to speak to you. But as this is a time of emergency, I don't care about what happened before. Surely it is the duty of a decent human being to ensure the weakest members of his society are okay? Otherwise, what the fuck is this society thing? Anyway, I'm already doing it. And I already had a woman take offence and suggest it would be a few years yet before she'd need anyone to help her to the shops. Nevertheless, when the ungrateful bitch is crawling in my driveway looking for a mouthful of water, after berating her excessively, I'll do the right thing.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 09:43 PM
You’re going to don gloves and a mask, and knock on the doors of the vulnerable demanding to see what they have in their cupboards?

Nice.

Well the gloves are so I don't get fingerprints on the knife.

LDG
12-03-2020, 09:45 PM
Well at least the full Glasto line up has been announced

Letters
12-03-2020, 09:46 PM
I'm not supposed to speak to you
:lol: Only according to you :hug:
The above was a Jimmy Carr joke.

Out of interest, why have you suddenly gone full nuclear bunker? 4 days ago you were calling all this a nonsense.
I'll be honest, I've been rolling my eyes at what I saw as an over-reaction too but I am starting to get a bit nervous about it all now.

Letters
12-03-2020, 09:46 PM

Macca :bow:

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 09:47 PM

They'll all be dead by then. Which just leaves the mud. I can see a marketing crisis on the horizon.

Letters
12-03-2020, 09:49 PM
They'll all be dead by then. Which just leaves the mud.

They'd better do Tiger Feet :dance:

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 09:50 PM
:lol: Only according to you :hug:
The above was a Jimmy Carr joke.

Out of interest, why have you suddenly gone full nuclear bunker? 4 days ago you were calling all this a nonsense.
I'll be honest, I've been rolling my eyes at what I saw as an over-reaction too but I am starting to get a bit nervous about it all now.

Calling it nonsense? When?

This isn't nonsense. This a a wake up call. Fortunately, this time around, the virus is not too deadly (except for certain groups). The KEY point here is the government response. If people aren't waking up to government by now then they never will. It's all an illusion.

LDG
12-03-2020, 09:54 PM
So next time this or another virus is used as a vehicle for something nastier, all the nutjobs will now know the response to a pandemic.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 10:00 PM
So next time this or another virus is used as a vehicle for something nastier, all the nutjobs will now know the response to a pandemic.

Wash hands.

Letters
12-03-2020, 10:14 PM
Calling it nonsense? When?

On the 8th. You said:

All a huge nonsense. Hyped by the media and lunatics like the Dems in the States. Which means, even though there's as close to zero risk as makes no odds, there will be serious issues because the ninny generation are panicking.

The KEY point here is the government response. If people aren't waking up to government by now then they never will. It's all an illusion.

I don't think government is an illusion, but an incompetent response of our government should be no surprise to anyone. But other governments have responded better - Poland have fewer cases than us and they've shut the schools, they're being far more proactive than our lot. Even Trump has responded well FFS. When Trump is making you look bad then you know you're in the shit.

GP
12-03-2020, 10:23 PM
https://www.arsenal.com/news/club-statement-covid-19

oops

Letters
12-03-2020, 10:36 PM
Oops is right! :doh:

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 10:48 PM
On the 8th. You said:

I don't think government is an illusion, but an incompetent response of our government should be no surprise to anyone. But other governments have responded better - Poland have fewer cases than us and they've shut the schools, they're being far more proactive than our lot. Even Trump has responded well FFS. When Trump is making you look bad then you know you're in the shit.

I'm not calling the virus a nonsense, may of the elderly will die from this (which is what the Remoaners wanted, so congrats to those vicious sub-human filth). The government is a nonsense, the media is a nonsense, the so-called "impartial health professionals" are a nonsense and, between them, they've turned science itself into a nonsense. Exactly the same shit as warmism. Except in reverse. When there's a real threat they ignore it. When there's a fantasy threat they disrupt the whole world. Lunatics.

But hey, these are who people voted for. And if they didn't vote for them, they had equally lunatic options. But not a single sane one.

Letters
12-03-2020, 10:57 PM
But hey, these are who people voted for. And if they didn't vote for them, they had equally lunatic options. But not a single sane one.
Pretty much. This is why I vote. It's no more sensible than not doing so but one of the loonies is going to get in anyway so might as well have some say about which one that is.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2020, 11:15 PM
I'm getting bombarded by tech companies who are heroically offering to continue my services despite the current problems.

Nice emails - but we'll see. Won't we?

"We regret to inform you..."

Letters
13-03-2020, 06:31 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-51866403

Trudeau’s wife :rose:

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 08:27 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-51866403

Trudeau’s wife :rose:

Wow, that's sad. She's already suffered so much being married to that prick.

GP
13-03-2020, 01:38 PM
https://nypost.com/2020/03/09/human-lab-rats-needed-would-you-get-infected-with-coronavirus-for-4500/

Sign me up

Letters
13-03-2020, 01:44 PM
https://nypost.com/2020/03/09/human-lab-rats-needed-would-you-get-infected-with-coronavirus-for-4500/

Sign me up

“participants must stay in quarantine for two weeks, eat a restricted diet and avoid human contact and exercise.”

Sounds perfect!

Marc Overmars
13-03-2020, 03:36 PM
798 cases. A rise of 208 in 24 hours. :rose:

Letters
13-03-2020, 03:48 PM
It should be noted at this point that < 1000 in a population of 70m is still a very small number.
But the rate the numbers are rising is of concern and I suspect a lot of people have been infected but haven't been diagnosed.
I've got what I think is a cold. I haven't had a fever or breathing problems so I think it probably is just a cold.
But it could be THE PLAGUE and because I'm (relatively) young (yes I am, shut up) and don't have "underlying health issues" my body is giving it a damn good kicking without me having to seek medical advice.

LDG
13-03-2020, 05:20 PM
Right, so if half of the B-List celebs have the virus, plus half of the premier league (lets just call it 25 people erring on the very low side) have the virus....then they account for about 5% of cases.

That they probably have access to testing, unlike most people with normal lives, you would have to think that quite a few more people, like millions of fuckers have this twatty thing in our country.

Letters
13-03-2020, 05:25 PM
Yes, given the number of high profile people who apparently have it that does suggest that it's a lot more common than the number of known cases.
As I said, quite possible it's what's causing my cold but I haven't been tested so won't show up as a statistic

The London Marathon has been postponed now but this is from the BBC and thus is worth double checking

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/51878234

LDG
13-03-2020, 05:29 PM
Chances are it’s been around for months.

As testing has only really just begun, and this thing probably kicked off six months ago, I’m sure it’s been all over the bloody place.

I had a fucking horrendous cough with no other symptoms for about four weeks. Only just cleared up, but still a bit shitty.

Problem is, nobody knows. And chances are that lots of folk have died from “pneumonia” these last few months.

Anyway...am I the only one who see at least some logic in what that science dude is saying?

Letters
13-03-2020, 05:31 PM
What science dude?

LDG
13-03-2020, 05:32 PM
What science dude?

Sir professor baldglasses

Edit: chief science advisor

Letters
13-03-2020, 05:39 PM
*Googles what he said*

Wow. Yes, I guess there is some logic in it. Spanish flu died down in the summer but then came back worse the following winter.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 05:55 PM
Chances are it’s been around for months.

As testing has only really just begun, and this thing probably kicked off six months ago, I’m sure it’s been all over the bloody place.

I had a fucking horrendous cough with no other symptoms for about four weeks. Only just cleared up, but still a bit shitty.

Problem is, nobody knows. And chances are that lots of folk have died from “pneumonia” these last few months.

Anyway...am I the only one who see at least some logic in what that science dude is saying?

I had something like that. Pesky low grade flu like fuckery that didn't shift for a month. Only went away a few weeks ago. I kept wondering what the fuck it was because I never had anything like it before. I just drank a lot and it eventually went away, proving again why keeping your alcohol levels topped up is a good policy.

LDG
13-03-2020, 05:55 PM
At the end of the day, if you have an uncontrollable virus, you have to look at what makes less of an impact in the short and long term, on any number of levels. That includes avoiding civil unrest due to ongoing quarantine (something we’re not used to and can’t do for long), that protects where possible the vulnerable, that builds an immunity, and eases supply of services and goods.

If you shut down the whole thing, you’ll get a run on the bank, stock piling on unprecedented levels, nobody working, businesses closing....and when it comes back next time, which it will, nobody will be immune, and we’ll be in the same predicament.

You make something that will be commonplace, easier to deal with next time when there will hopefully be a vaccine.

People just need to remain calm and follow advice. If you stay home for seven days if you have any signs of a cold or anything, you’re stopping older and ill people getting it.

If those who can cope with it eg younger healthy people can fight it just going about their day to day lives and being sensible, then it builds immunity.

It’s actually pretty clever.

Unless it’s proved a monster killer that wipes out everyone, whats the point in delaying the inevitable when you can stealth fuck it.

Marc Overmars
13-03-2020, 05:56 PM
My sister in law is a doctor in training and she said this is something that we will all almost certainly get or may have already had without realising. In a few years this will come and go like a flu or a common cold and it won’t be any different for people with underlying health conditions, who should always be taking precautionary measures anyway at times of vulnerability. Washing your hands and practising good hygiene is nothing out of the ordinary either, so it’s hilarious watching people lose their shit over it.

LDG
13-03-2020, 05:59 PM
Oh, the nice lady at Tesco today who helped get my shopping to the car because it was all in crates and the delivery service was over capacity, told me sales of Corona lager has fallen 187%

I mean, that tells you about the intellect of some people.

Fine by me, probably cheaper soon

Letters
13-03-2020, 06:01 PM
That includes avoiding civil unrest due to ongoing quarantine (something we’re not used to and can’t do for long)
This is Day 3 of me working at home and it was about midday before I remembered I hadn't showered.
I haven't worn trousers since Tuesday.
I am not cut out for this :(

Also, Pie :bow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aox7CeOdmOY

Letters
13-03-2020, 06:02 PM
Oh, the nice lady at Tesco today who helped get my shopping to the car because it was all in crates and the delivery service was over capacity, told me sales of Corona lager has fallen 187%

I mean, that tells you about the intellect of some people.
:haha:

This is why democracy doesn't work.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 06:14 PM
At the end of the day, if you have an uncontrollable virus, you have to look at what makes less of an impact in the short and long term, on any number of levels. That includes avoiding civil unrest due to ongoing quarantine (something we’re not used to and can’t do for long), that protects where possible the vulnerable, that builds an immunity, and eases supply of services and goods.

If you shut down the whole thing, you’ll get a run on the bank, stock piling on unprecedented levels, nobody working, businesses closing....and when it comes back next time, which it will, nobody will be immune, and we’ll be in the same predicament.

You make something that will be commonplace, easier to deal with next time when there will hopefully be a vaccine.

People just need to remain calm and follow advice. If you stay home for seven days if you have any signs of a cold or anything, you’re stopping older and ill people getting it.

If those who can cope with it eg younger healthy people can fight it just going about their day to day lives and being sensible, then it builds immunity.

It’s actually pretty clever.

Unless it’s proved a monster killer that wipes out everyone, whats the point in delaying the inevitable when you can stealth fuck it.

Yeah, but they overlook the simple fact that immunity has probably been developing for months now, certainly weeks. Their own logic makes no sense. Plenty of people have it, plenty will get it, there's your immunity pool right there. Nobody suggested everyone stays at home. That would be a real disaster. Power, water, hospitals, etc, etc. But finding the most likely sources of rapid and uncontrollable spread and shutting those down, schools, major public gatherings, that's elementary common sense which continues to elude them. You want a level of infection that doesn't overwhelm the capabilities to deal with it in the calm manner they are suggesting. But they have taken ZERO measures to facilitate it.

Why aren't they talking about protective measures for essential workers? Not a word about that? Do they have sufficient gear for hospital staff, power workers, sewage workers (they probably have their own), pigs, etc? Provided those services continue to operate to at least effective levels then it can be managed like they claim to want. But doing fuck all about it, potentially letting it run out of control. It's not that people are going to be dropping dead in the streets, it's that they won't be turning up for work.

GP
13-03-2020, 07:29 PM
It's the end of the world as we know it.

And I feel fine*

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/bbc-match-of-the-day-mrs-browns-boys-coronavirus-covid-19-premier-league-a4387161.html

*Except for this fever and persistant cough.

LDG
13-03-2020, 07:37 PM
Don’t panic!

We’re doomed!

You stupid boy!

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 07:45 PM
It's the end of the world as we know it.

And I feel fine*

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/bbc-match-of-the-day-mrs-browns-boys-coronavirus-covid-19-premier-league-a4387161.html

*Except for this fever and persistant cough.

BBC kicking people when they are at their weakest. Scumbags.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-03-2020, 07:49 PM
Trump announces it as a State of Emergency. Must've realised they can't manage it without it.

I mean The White House realised, I don't think Trump knows what is happening most of the time.

LDG
13-03-2020, 07:58 PM
It’s the Russians!

LDG
13-03-2020, 08:10 PM
Yeah, but they overlook the simple fact that immunity has probably been developing for months now, certainly weeks. Their own logic makes no sense. Plenty of people have it, plenty will get it, there's your immunity pool right there. Nobody suggested everyone stays at home. That would be a real disaster. Power, water, hospitals, etc, etc. But finding the most likely sources of rapid and uncontrollable spread and shutting those down, schools, major public gatherings, that's elementary common sense which continues to elude them. You want a level of infection that doesn't overwhelm the capabilities to deal with it in the calm manner they are suggesting. But they have taken ZERO measures to facilitate it.

Why aren't they talking about protective measures for essential workers? Not a word about that? Do they have sufficient gear for hospital staff, power workers, sewage workers (they probably have their own), pigs, etc? Provided those services continue to operate to at least effective levels then it can be managed like they claim to want. But doing fuck all about it, potentially letting it run out of control. It's not that people are going to be dropping dead in the streets, it's that they won't be turning up for work.

But schools and major public gatherings (festivals, football matches etc) are unlikely to have the vulnerable or elderly population....have you seen many very ill, or very old people attending mass meets??

The very people who attend these are more than likely to be people who can cope with it.

Then they say, stay the fuck away from people if you happen to have got it from a premier league orgy, or sweaty dance club.

When the peak happens, you shut the fucker down. But it will be a smaller peak, and it will be later.

The message is just, if you have a cold. Stay home for seven days. Fucking sensible
If you ask me!

McNamara That Ghost...
13-03-2020, 08:32 PM
It is not yet known exactly how it transmits, until that is known I'd rather take the circumspect approach than Johnson's guesswork.

If it truly is the case that it can be passed on whilst you're asympomatic then I don't see how the points above hold.

Also, surely the more people that can get it from mass gatherings are surely more likely to pass that on in regular life to elderly people.

The elderly have only been told not to go on cruises or mass gatherings, not to ban them from going out so far!

LDG
13-03-2020, 09:26 PM
It is not yet known exactly how it transmits, until that is known I'd rather take the circumspect approach than Johnson's guesswork.

If it truly is the case that it can be passed on whilst you're asympomatic then I don't see how the points above hold.

Also, surely the more people that can get it from mass gatherings are surely more likely to pass that on in regular life to elderly people.

The elderly have only been told not to go on cruises or mass gatherings, not to ban them from going out so far!

I don’t think this is Johnson’s guesswork.

If it is, we’re truly fucked.

Lets trust that there is an advisory that knows shit eh?

GP
13-03-2020, 09:35 PM
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."- FDR

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."- JFK

"I don't take responsibility at all."- DJT

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 09:47 PM
But schools and major public gatherings (festivals, football matches etc) are unlikely to have the vulnerable or elderly population....have you seen many very ill, or very old people attending mass meets??

The very people who attend these are more than likely to be people who can cope with it.

Then they say, stay the fuck away from people if you happen to have got it from a premier league orgy, or sweaty dance club.

When the peak happens, you shut the fucker down. But it will be a smaller peak, and it will be later.

The message is just, if you have a cold. Stay home for seven days. Fucking sensible
If you ask me!

Schools are like 600 attack vectors per school heading into every family on a daily basis. One kid could have already spread this to 100 others who in turn spreads that to the 4 or 5 family members who in turn spread that around work. Mummy is a nurse, daddy is an ambulance driver, or a power worker or copper or whatever. But now they have to isolate themselves. And that starts happening in every family connected to the school.

Yeah sure, a lot of people are going to get infected in a lot of different ways. But why streamline the process? Fucking government. Turns out spreading viruses is the only thing the cunts are good at.

Shutting the schools is the second thing you do, on day one, after you shut the ports and airports or at least introduce stringent screening. And the kids may be bouncing around at no risk with no symptoms (fingers crossed), and they may go nowhere near granny. But if dad can't drive the ambulance and mum isn't waiting with treatment, Granny is kind of fucked whichever way it pans out.

I'm betting you, these "guided by the science" lot are working off some stupid Powerpoint knocked up by a twat who has a string of degrees but precisely no practical experience because he spent his whole time in the admin block, greasing political skids and making sure the boat doesn't rock. The head of the Lancet has already called them irresponsible twats. It's fine to go along with it when they are posturing around in front of podiums with laser pointers looking like they are in charge. But if the shit hits the fan, they'll be gone. Count on it. Then we're going to feel pretty fucking dumb having sat there doing fuck all while a Monty Pythonesque suit marches up and down telling us he's in charge.

It' really is a very British disease - not the virus, the blind reliance on authority even in the face on non-stop evidence these fuckers don't have a clue.

Anyway, if you're connected in any way with education you'll probably have hints by now what's planned and for when. But that will be way, way too late. It's going to turn out that every day they spend fucking around is a day some people can't afford. And they should get prosecuted for that when this is done.

LDG
13-03-2020, 09:58 PM
Nah mate. I’m just using my own common sense.

And I’ll do what I think is right, when I think it’s right.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 09:59 PM
I don’t think this is Johnson’s guesswork.

If it is, we’re truly fucked.

Lets trust that there is an advisory that knows shit eh?

Well he's either going to be right when literally everyone else is wrong, or he's going to be Nero II. Like the advisors. Either we have the smartest ones in the world, or we don't have a single one that has a clue. Not one that's being listened to anyway. If I had to bet on it I doubt I'd find a bookie who'd take money on the horse that's running alone on a track a hundred miles from where the main action is. But, then again, maybe we're the one nation that hasn't followed the herd. Time will tell.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2020, 10:01 PM
Nah mate. I’m just using my own common sense.

And I’ll do what I think is right, when I think it’s right.

That's it. That's the smart play. Anyone doing otherwise is going to get away with it this time, but not forever.

Letters
13-03-2020, 10:49 PM
https://newsthump.com/2020/03/13/boris-reassures-public-that-the-body-bags-for-coronavirus-victims-will-be-passport-blue/

:lol:

Johnson :bow:

Mac76
13-03-2020, 10:52 PM
'About 900 United fans had bought match tickets, which will be refunded, although fans were unlikely to recover the costs of their travel and accommodation because Austria was not on the Foreign & Commonwealth Office's list of destinations to avoid.'

:haha:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51870539

LDG
13-03-2020, 10:55 PM
https://newsthump.com/2020/03/13/boris-reassures-public-that-the-body-bags-for-coronavirus-victims-will-be-passport-blue/

Johnson :bow:

I want a redcurrant one!!!

#coronaref2020

Wash hands means wash hands

Marc Overmars
13-03-2020, 11:20 PM
Mass gatherings to be banned next week. :lol:

Letters
13-03-2020, 11:29 PM

That’s the next GW meet-up buggered then :(

LDG
13-03-2020, 11:30 PM

Letters church :pal:

LDG
13-03-2020, 11:35 PM
Wait.

No pubs?

:yikes:

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 12:44 AM
That’s the next GW meet-up buggered then :(

Mass, as in lots of people - not some nerdfest down at the church.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 12:45 AM
Arsenal home crowd could still sneak in and nobody would ever know they are there.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 01:01 AM
A real doctor on the frontline sharing his views and experiences so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wohTFdqCurA

Notice he's not bald.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-03-2020, 01:13 AM
Wait.

No pubs?

:yikes:

Just means more common folk will have to be bouncers before it becomes 'mass'.

Evict all the other males. :bow:

Letters
14-03-2020, 07:08 AM
Letters church :pal:

Well. Yeah, we were speculating about that.
Although I think they define “mass” as over 500 so your pub and our church are probably fine.
We do have a fair number of oldiewonks though, it’ll be interesting to see how many of them stay hom tomorrow

LDG
14-03-2020, 07:58 AM
https://youtu.be/MvuCTM2o-EY

Letters
14-03-2020, 09:22 AM
Tell you what.
All this nonsense has made me appreciate my job a bit.
People in certain jobs or with zero hour contracts could be a bit screwed.

Public Sector Sick Pay :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-03-2020, 09:48 AM
They've seriously mooted working from home for us now.

Me having to give my mobile number to the great UK public. :haha:

:rose:

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 09:49 AM

Finally.

You'll be getting a piece of my mind, and no mistake!

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 09:52 AM
No sport.

WTF?

Now what?

LDG
14-03-2020, 09:58 AM
How much booze does one stockpile?

Letters
14-03-2020, 10:13 AM

Cant they get you work phones?
At our new offices (we are moving later this year) they are saying there will be no desk phones but that you’ll still have a work number which will work via an app on your phone.
You shouldn’t have to give your personal number out, I’d be amazed if they can make you do that.

Letters
14-03-2020, 10:27 AM
BBC replacing MoTD with Mrs Brown’s Boys

:ilt:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-03-2020, 10:27 AM
I presume they will give work phones but there will need to be a lot of them going out.

I'll just pretend it's my work number.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-03-2020, 10:38 AM
Finally.

You'll be getting a piece of my mind, and no mistake!

You can't be any worse than the guy that was angry at me because I dared to suggest that the company dealing with furniture and carpets clean was not also moonlighting as a pizza delivery service.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-03-2020, 10:48 AM
No sport.

WTF?

Now what?

No sport eh?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/badminton/51575805

McNamara That Ghost...
14-03-2020, 10:50 AM

I have four whiskey bottles. One of those is getting quartered tonight.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 11:14 AM
You can't be any worse than the guy that was angry at me because I dared to suggest that the company dealing with furniture and carpets clean was not also moonlighting as a pizza delivery service.

Yeah, sorry about that. I overreacted a bit. And I was famished.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 11:17 AM

I have a couple of cases of Scotch and twenty odd cases of beer in the garage.

But I'm going to at least double that now this virus thing has started and sport is gone.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 11:18 AM
BBC replacing MoTD with Mrs Brown’s Boys

:ilt:

What did I tell you about those bastards?

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 11:19 AM
No sport eh?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/badminton/51575805

No but, all joking aside, there's no sport!

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 11:25 AM
Fuck this, I'm off to watch GOT Emilia Clarke nude scenes on a loop. Don't know what I'm going to do next week though.

Letters
14-03-2020, 11:49 AM

NQ woz right

Letters
14-03-2020, 12:11 PM
This pandemic is starting to hit home now.

MrsL couldn’t get Nutella so we had to get Sainsbury’s own brand chocolate spread.

#prayforletters

McNamara That Ghost...
14-03-2020, 12:36 PM
No but, all joking aside, there's no sport!

12:24
Half-marathon going ahead in Bath
The organisers of the Bath half-marathon in western England are defying coronavirus concerns, saying that the Sunday race will go ahead. It's up to the runners if they want to compete and additional hand wash facilities will be available, organisers say.

Main Event :bow:

Letters
14-03-2020, 01:20 PM
FFS.
They’ll be getting Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks out of retirement at this rate.
Which is going to tricky as at least one of them is dead.

Letters
14-03-2020, 01:25 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-51706889

Not on NQ’s watch :sulk:

Letters
14-03-2020, 01:43 PM
https://coronavirus.turnedmetal.com/

McNamara That Ghost...
14-03-2020, 02:08 PM
959 cases in the Netherlands now.

800 and a bit more than known yesterday. :wacko:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-03-2020, 02:14 PM
10 further deaths in the UK.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 02:17 PM
10 more deaths here just announced. All tested positive for the virus.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 02:18 PM
10 further deaths in the UK.

All in their 70s or 80s with underlying health conditions.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 02:21 PM
I'm wondering, how many elderly patients with underlying medical conditions die on a daily basis? It's not the virus itself that's killing people, it's the additional complications it is causing, particularly pneumonia. But does it follow that all deaths where the patient has contracted the virus are a result of the virus? Couldn't somebody suffering from pneumonia catch the virus, and in that case would that be counted as a death due to the virus?

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 02:39 PM
Approx 350,000 people aged 75 or over die in the UK each year.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/death-in-people-aged-75-years-and-older-in-england-in-2017/death-in-people-aged-75-years-and-older-in-england-in-2017

"The most common ‘other’ underlying causes of death amongst people aged 75 and older were influenza, pneumonia, and ischaemic heart disease (these causes account for approximately one-third of all other deaths). Deaths from ‘other’ causes increased in older age groups."

That was 105,758 deaths from "other" causes in 2017.

5.4 million people are aged 75+
of those, 1.6 million are aged 85+

So at a rough guess, the mortality rate for those 75+ with underlying respiratory conditions is around 1.3% - 192 per day. (loads of assumptions made here, but it's in the ballpark)

How does that compare to the current rate?

If, instead of telling us they are "guided by science", they gave us these numbers (even estimates) it would give us a real indicator of how dangerous this virus is.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-03-2020, 02:56 PM
1,140 cases in the UK now.

Letters
14-03-2020, 03:32 PM
FFS. Now I can’t even watch the curling instead of football :angry:

https://worldcurling.org/2020/03/wmcc2020-cancelled/

LDG
14-03-2020, 03:33 PM
Fuck it. Pub time.

Letters
14-03-2020, 04:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6htT-aVJup4

LDG
14-03-2020, 04:04 PM
In my dream apocalypse, I’m hiding out at a pub with a big fucking shotgun, and plenty of pig snacks

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 04:54 PM
This pandemic is BORING!

Letters
14-03-2020, 05:06 PM
The film 28 Days Later was much more entertaining than living through it in real time.

LDG
14-03-2020, 05:07 PM
The film 28 Days Later was much more entertaining than living through it in real time.

Soundtrack to this apocalypse is shit too.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 05:15 PM
That said, I haven't felt the urge to go on holiday like that lot on all the jets that got turned around today. Who goes on holiday in the middle of a global pandemic? And then, when they get stranded in Uzfuckistan they moan about it.

LDG
14-03-2020, 05:43 PM
We were supposed to be flying out to Lanzarote for Easter.

No chance now. At least the hotel is free cancellation. I should imagine the flight will be cancelled soon enough...

Letters
14-03-2020, 05:49 PM
That said, I haven't felt the urge to go on holiday like that lot on all the jets that got turned around today. Who goes on holiday in the middle of a global pandemic? And then, when they get stranded in Uzfuckistan they moan about it.

I’m just throwing this out there but I imagine those people booked their holidays some time ago before they knew there was going to be a global pandemic.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-03-2020, 05:53 PM
They should have known there would be a bat that brings us down.

Always knew he was a wrong 'un.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 05:58 PM
I’m just throwing this out there but I imagine those people booked their holidays some time ago before they knew there was going to be a global pandemic.

I imagine that's true. But did that compel them to get on the plane this morning? Did people run back into the Manchester Arena during the terror attacks because they had valid tickets?

Letters
14-03-2020, 06:04 PM
Did i mention on here that I booked FlyBe flights the day before they went bust?
Me :pal:
I have got my money back pending an investigation (I didn’t pay by credit card so am not automatically covered).
Have booked again with EasyJet, just hoping they don’t go under or civilisation doesn’t end before the flights.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 06:11 PM
Did i mention on here that I booked FlyBe flights the day before they went bust?
I have got my money back pending an investigation (I didn’t pay by credit card so am not automatically covered).
Have booked again with EasyJet, just hoping they don’t go under or civilisation doesn’t end before the flights.

Do you know that if you fly abroad now you could be stranded out there for an extended period, if the destination country decides to shut their borders? Hope it's somewhere nice, not Tashitistan or somewhere like that. You could catch anything out there.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 06:14 PM
Stupid news channels are as bored as us. There's no news, other than infection rates and death tolls. Even Orange Man Bad seems to be on the backburner.

Letters
14-03-2020, 06:18 PM
Do you know that if you fly abroad now you could be stranded out there for an extended period, if the destination country decides to shut their borders? Hope it's somewhere nice, not Tashitistan or somewhere like that. You could catch anything out there.

My mum lives on the Isle of Man and I’m overdue a visit.
It’s a pretty low risk destination.
There isn’t a border.
You don’t even need a passport to go there

Mac76
14-03-2020, 06:20 PM
There isn’t a border.

But they are all mad though...

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 06:21 PM
There isn’t a border.

Isle on Man? Best fucking Island ever. No women allowed :bow:

Yeah, visiting mum seems a fair cop. And I'd rather be there than here tbf. I thought you were talking about one of your taxpayer funded jollies.

On this occasion, but only this occasion, I'll concede.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 06:23 PM
Holidays to Iran are very cheap at the moment I bet.

Trip Advisor will be a bit dull.

1. Stay at Home
2. Stay at Home
3. Stay at Home
4. Stay at Home
5. Stay at Home
6. Stay at Home
7. Stay at Home
8. Stay at Home
9. Stay at Home
10. Stay at Home

More Results >

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 06:24 PM
But they are all mad though...

In a good way.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 06:29 PM
A volcano has erupted in Indonesia. That's pretty fucking inconsiderate, given all the other shit going on.

LDG
14-03-2020, 06:37 PM
Meanwhile, down the pub, everything seems fine.

:beer:

Letters
14-03-2020, 06:56 PM
One of my FB friends is a freelance musician has just lamented that she’s has most of her bookings cancelled for the next couple of months.

As it happens, she’s a massive show off who always HAS to be at the centre of attention.
And I’m pretty sure she voted for Brexit.
So... her :pal:

Letters
14-03-2020, 07:00 PM
I thought you were talking about one of your taxpayer funded jollies.

That gravy train has come right off the tracks.
This whole thing has hit our exams business very hard.
We’ve had to shut all operations in China which is a huge part of our business and now it’s affecting our operations in Europe now it’s all spreading here.

It’s costing us a lot of money and one of the consequences is a travel ban for the foreseeable.

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-03-2020, 07:03 PM

Yeah, the pub last night was fantastically quiet; meant you could sit down, get served straight away and could actually have conversations at normal level. It was great.

Xhaka Can’t
14-03-2020, 07:16 PM

I should never have doubted you.

Xhaka Can’t
14-03-2020, 07:22 PM

I’m supposed to be flying to Calgary on 5 April.

If I did get stuck there, I’d be fine with that. Just as I was when stuck out there when all air travel was disrupted by the Eyjafjallajökull eruptions.

Marc Overmars
14-03-2020, 07:46 PM
Had a stag do in Madrid booked but now that’s down the shitter. Hope EasyJet and Ryanair give refunds now the FCO has advised against travel.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 07:54 PM

Calm before the storm. Did you manage to get a decent shotgun in the end? Or are you stuck with a shitty one?

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 07:56 PM

If I did get stuck there, I’d be fine with that. Just as I was when stuck out there when all air travel was disrupted by the Eyjafjallajökull eruptions.

Yeah, Isle of Man, Calgary, a private suite in Vegas, these are all exceptions to the general rule.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 07:57 PM
Had a stag do in Madrid booked but now that’s down the shitter. Hope EasyJet and Ryanair give refunds now the FCO has advised against travel.

It's about time Ryanair and Easyjet advised against travelling with them.

LDG
14-03-2020, 08:21 PM
One of my FB friends is a freelance musician has just lamented that she’s has most of her bookings cancelled for the next couple of months.

As it happens, she’s a massive show off who always HAS to be at the centre of attention.
And I’m pretty sure she voted for Brexit.
So... her :pal:

Yeah, that’s well funny.

There will be a lot of people fucked after this.

We should all be considering what we would usually spend and where, and make sure if it’s unspent, it goes to those who need it. Fuck saving it.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 08:45 PM
Olympics to go ahead, according to some guy in Japan.

Letters
14-03-2020, 08:52 PM
There will be a lot of people fucked after this.
There will although she won’t be one of them.

A lot of small businesses and some bigger ones are going to be really struggling.

I’m somewhat conflicted about what the government should be doing about that.

WMUG
14-03-2020, 09:09 PM
Most sport may be gone, but Marbula One going ahead as planned. Thank Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PiP_Z698x8

Letters
14-03-2020, 09:20 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-51892402

Scientists :sulk:
What do they know?

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 09:39 PM

What do they know?

The suits at the podium are compromised beyond the ability to be real scientists any more. Half politician, half scientist. No use to anyone.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 09:48 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Vallance

If I'm reading this right, this guy might never have treated a patient in his entire career.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2020, 09:56 PM
As scientists living and working in the UK, we would like to express our concern
about the course of action announced by the Government on 12th March 2020
regarding the Coronavirus outbreak. In particular, we are deeply preoccupied
by the timeline of the proposed plan, which aims at delaying social distancing
measures even further.
The current data about the number of infections in the UK is in line with the
growth curves already observed in other countries, including Italy, Spain, France,
and Germany [1]. The same data suggests that the number of infected will be in
the order of dozens of thousands within a few days.
Under unconstrained growth, this outbreak will affect millions of people in the
next few weeks. This will most probably put the NHS at serious risk of not
being able to cope with the flow of patients needing intensive care, as the number
of ICU beds in the UK is not larger than that available in other neighbouring
countries with a similar population [2]. Going for “herd immunity” at this point
does not seem a viable option, as this will put NHS at an even stronger level of
stress, risking many more lives than necessary.
By putting in place social distancing measures now, the growth can be slowed
down dramatically, and thousands of lives can be spared. We consider the social
distancing measures taken as of today as insufficient, and we believe that additional
and more restrictive measures should be taken immediately, as it is already
happening in other countries across the world.
We urge anyone who has sympathy with our views, and access to the government
strategy group, to make our concerns more widely known.

http://maths.qmul.ac.uk/~vnicosia/UK_scientists_statement_on_coronavirus_measures.pd f

Thank fuck there are other people who can grasp the obvious.

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 12:01 AM
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1238854071509016577

A sadly practical answer to the question I was asking. Not scientific, but unquestionably real.

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 12:22 AM
Travel ban on UK to the US now in place.

They'll have to find a way to freeze the economy in place while this goes on or else every last asset will end up in the hands of an even tinier minority.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-03-2020, 01:06 AM

What do they know?

There's a difference between scientists and the scientists that the Tories decide to go with.

It was obvious that the ones they chose for the podiums were going for the more nuclear options.

The lampooning was about the "following the science" that they chose to saddle with, against all the decisions most other similarly or worse affected countries went with.

I know you probably know this but I need to let it be said.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-03-2020, 01:14 AM

Did the ash travel that far? Genuine question.

:wacko:

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 01:29 AM

Flight paths.

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 01:54 AM
Haven't watched through this yet, just starting. But I guess there will be plenty of pertinent info contained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm1-DnxRiPM

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 02:32 AM
Having watched 45 minutes of this. Wow. Just fucking wow. 1,000 questions. Is this for real?

Letters
15-03-2020, 06:50 AM
More bad news :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51893445

McNamara That Ghost...
15-03-2020, 07:16 AM
Lock up the elderly and vulnerable for four months.

Guess they'll need to stockpile then.

GP
15-03-2020, 09:10 AM
More bad news :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51893445

Is that the same doctor who said he was the healthiest president in history?

Letters
15-03-2020, 11:32 AM
Hi, Everybody!

LDG
15-03-2020, 12:31 PM
Sup

McNamara That Ghost...
15-03-2020, 12:49 PM
UK Foreign Office warns against all but essential travel to the US.

The US that has banned travel from the UK. :doh:

Letters
15-03-2020, 12:51 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51895873

Coney :hug:

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 12:55 PM
UK Foreign Office warns against all but essential travel to the US.

The US that has banned travel from the UK. :doh:

Ban starts tomorrow I think. They probably don't want that bunch who were flying to Spain hopping on flights to the States last thing tonight.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-03-2020, 01:03 PM
Ban starts tomorrow I think. They probably don't want that bunch who were flying to Spain hopping on flights to the States last thing tonight.

Atletico?

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 01:12 PM
Atletico?

si

I guess we'd better get our wallets ready. Plenty of companies, including the airlines, will have to be bailed out after this.

LDG
15-03-2020, 01:17 PM
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue

Xhaka Can’t
15-03-2020, 01:45 PM

There were no flights in to Western Europe.

Letters
15-03-2020, 01:45 PM
Apple fanboys :pal:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/apple-closes-all-stores-across-world-outside-china-due-to-covid-19

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 02:03 PM
Apple fanboys :pal:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/apple-closes-all-stores-across-world-outside-china-due-to-covid-19

They've committed £12.25mill to help the worldwide recovery. Well that should do it. Panic over.

Seeing this giant corporation that has pushed the shitty idea of globalisation to the limit, banked obscene profits off the backs of slave labour, avoided paying their share of tax, collaborated with hostile foreign powers, shredded personal privacy and been at the forefront of censorship - seeing them fund the whole worldwide recovery effort, it's just marvellous, isn't it? Apple to the rescue! And that's a hell of a deal they found, just over 12 mill? That's a lot cheaper than I thought it was going to be. Bargain.

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 03:51 PM
The US Fed has announced $1.5 T R I L L I O N bailout for banks. To "ease liquidity". This is the currency (created from thin air) that will be used to buy up the rest of America on the cheap. One moment there's nothing there. A keyboard is pressed. And suddenly 1.5trillion exists.

GP
15-03-2020, 04:12 PM
Trump :doh:

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 04:41 PM

Trump doesn't control the Fed. It is independent, not part of the federal government despite the deliberately misleading name. Neither is it a reserve, just to complete the illusion.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-03-2020, 04:42 PM
There were no flights in to Western Europe.

Ah. Well if this does spread in Canada, it might not be quite as desirable to be stuck there this time.

The cases seem to be waning there though, I think.

As for here, now 1372 cases and 14 more deaths.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-03-2020, 04:42 PM
The US Fed has announced $1.5 T R I L L I O N bailout for banks. To "ease liquidity". This is the currency (created from thin air) that will be used to buy up the rest of America on the cheap. One moment there's nothing there. A keyboard is pressed. And suddenly 1.5trillion exists.

It's amazing what you can find down the back of the sofa.

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 04:58 PM
Ah. Well if this does spread in Canada, it might not be quite as desirable to be stuck there this time.

The cases seem to be waning there though, I think.

As for here, now 1372 cases and 14 more deaths.

14 more deaths today? Is that in addition to the regular mortality count for respiratory diseases in the elderly? I still wonder how they are distinguishing between what would normally be expected and what is abnormal. Yes, I know they have all contracted the virus, but is that the factor they are using to qualify the cause? Is that all it needs, death when you have contracted the virus? Because that would be at least suspect to a degree.

Not sure why I'm asking you because I doubt you know either.

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 05:02 PM
It's amazing what you can find down the back of the sofa.

I'm trying to find the URL that lets me login to my bank account and change the balance with a few keystrokes. So far no luck. Sucks having to work for money like 99.99% of other people, when there's a way to get as much as you need, whenever you need, for free. If I find the URL I'll put it in a spoiler so only we here at GW know the secret.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-03-2020, 05:51 PM
14 more deaths today? Is that in addition to the regular mortality count for respiratory diseases in the elderly? I still wonder how they are distinguishing between what would normally be expected and what is abnormal. Yes, I know they have all contracted the virus, but is that the factor they are using to qualify the cause? Is that all it needs, death when you have contracted the virus? Because that would be at least suspect to a degree.

Not sure why I'm asking you because I doubt you know either.

You are correct, I don't know.

However we already know this virus is what will make any underlying health issue lethal. For that reason, it would be counted as the cause of death.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-03-2020, 05:51 PM
I'm trying to find the URL that lets me login to my bank account and change the balance with a few keystrokes. So far no luck. Sucks having to work for money like 99.99% of other people, when there's a way to get as much as you need, whenever you need, for free. If I find the URL I'll put it in a spoiler so only we here at GW know the secret.

Imagine what we could do with trillions.

We could buy players that never get to play football again.

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-03-2020, 06:09 PM
So the Irish are going to close all pubs and bars.

The day before Paddy's day.

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 06:17 PM
Imagine what we could do with trillions.

We could buy players that never get to play football again.

Progress report. I have found a LOT of URLs that can affect my bank balance but so far it always goes down. Next month, when I get paid again (if I get paid again), I'll keep looking. It's progress. Just have to persevere.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-03-2020, 06:29 PM

This truly is the end times. :rose:

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 06:37 PM
Enough is enough. Bring back football now! Even behind closed doors. This is ridiculous. Sportsmen in their prime (albeit with their handbags and rainbow laces) are not going to die and probably won't even get sick from this thing. There's as much risk from them playing as having a party at their house, which is what I bet they are doing. Fuck. 300k a week to sit on their arses.

Put it back on now FFS! And if they do all die, well there are plenty more people who can play football to the current pub standard. So what's the big deal?

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 06:50 PM

The Irish (or what passes as the Irish these days, i.e. Romanians) let them ban smoking in pubs. That was the end of Ireland. It's a parody of a country compared to what it used to be. The Irish youth are fucking intolerable. Smart arsed, know nothing little fucks. Well, okay, there might be one or two who aren't. But mainly. Stupid cunts voted for abortion when Ireland is, by it's very cultural foundation, is the one place where that should never happen. Ireland doesn't exist. It's a historical footnote that will drift into legend and then into myth.

My favourite country. Gone. Get woke, go broke.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-03-2020, 07:54 PM
I've fully gone down the rabbit hole with this stuff.

Watching ABC's coverage of press conferences in America.

Interesting one from the Ohio Governor, using evidence from the 1918 Spanish Flu in Philadelphia and their delays of action for reasoning why they're asking people to act now.

Learning from history to avoid repeating it. :faint:

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 09:05 PM
HELOOOOOOOOO BBC and Sky News!

Proper planning is NOT panic buying, btw. Just so you know.

And no, you cunts, I won't abandon personal responsibility and responsibility for my family in favour of what you rotten cunts are saying. Fuck you!

Seriously. These cunts are advising people not to prepare.

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 09:09 PM
I've fully gone down the rabbit hole with this stuff.

Watching ABC's coverage of press conferences in America.

Interesting one from the Ohio Governor, using evidence from the 1918 Spanish Flu in Philadelphia and their delays of action for reasoning why they're asking people to act now.

Learning from history to avoid repeating it. :faint:

Meanwhile, over here we've had the brilliant idea of manufacturing more ventilators. Given they knew this was coming well in advance, why hasn't that happened already?

There are two possibilities. Either the people "in charge" are utterly incompetent (their usual cover story) or they are wilfully negligent (obviously).

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 09:17 PM
Feds lower interest rate to 0.25 and are going to "buy" half a trillion in bonds, with their imaginary money.

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 09:19 PM
Tbf, Trump thinks this is a great idea. Wrong there Don. What should be happening is the Fed being shut down. We'd need somebody with bigger balls than yours to do that though.

Some people (sic) are going to get very rich from this misery.

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 09:22 PM
Trump now advising people to buy less. Good advice. You can be CERTAIN the government will be there when the shit really hits the fan. Me. I'm trusting the life of my family to the government. No doubt about it. No way will they let me down.

Again.

Letters
15-03-2020, 09:36 PM
Teqball :bow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppt9xDlxwMk

I don’t know what the hell this is but it’ll have to tide us over for now till there’s football to talk about again.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-03-2020, 09:40 PM
Trump cannot convey any compassion, understanding or recognising the severity of the situation

An utter disgrace.

Pence is a nutter but at least he can communicate.

Trump and Pence is like Big Narstie being President, with Mo Gilligan as VP.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-03-2020, 09:41 PM
Looked in to how many asthma sufferers there are in the UK which presumably this can be particularly devastating for.

5 million+ adults in the UK. :wacko:

Even just a 1% mortality rate will mean thousands more than normal.

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 10:10 PM
Looked in to how many asthma sufferers there are in the UK which presumably this can be particularly devastating for.

5 million+ adults in the UK. :wacko:

Even just a 1% mortality rate will mean thousands more than normal.

Online pharmacies have doubled the price of asthma drugs. Maybe not all of them, but the ones I have seen. Either because they are becoming scare or they are price gouging. Can't imagine the latter would be true. This will probably kill more people than the disease.

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2020, 10:14 PM
Trump cannot convey any compassion, understanding or recognising the severity of the situation

An utter disgrace.

Pence is a nutter but at least he can communicate.

Trump and Pence is like Big Narstie being President, with Mo Gilligan as VP.

How is he a disgrace? He's exactly what you want in a crisis like this. A mouthpiece that won't do anything to make it worse. Can you image a cunt like Uncle Tom handling this? He'd be entirely focused on ensuring all language was in order so China wouldn't be offended. Then he'd drone strike Medicine Sans Frontiers. The less they do the better.

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 01:47 AM
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6228669-LEOPOLD-NSA-FOIA-Flu-Pandemic.html

Page 49 if you want the advice they give to people they consider to be worthwhile (that's not you btw)

GP
16-03-2020, 10:23 AM

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 11:05 AM
Rumours of a pop-up sporting event in or near my town (or country, can't remember which). Don't know what sport it is, but it's coming soon and IT'S LIVE!

Letters
16-03-2020, 11:17 AM
U-S-A! U-S-A!

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/16/americans-panic-buying-guns-american-response-coronavirus-12403358/

Letters
16-03-2020, 11:37 AM
Nigella :bow:

https://i.ibb.co/j6WMvFN/Nigella.jpg

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 12:26 PM
U-S-A! U-S-A!

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/16/americans-panic-buying-guns-american-response-coronavirus-12403358/

Let's say the worst case scenario unfolds, maybe not this time, maybe when the next, more deadly pandemic arrives. Let's say government turns out to be slightly less efficient than we anticipate and totally abandon you to fend for yourself (see Katrina for further details). You're a smart cookie so you are prepared. Extra food, extra water, you hunker down to wait it out. There's a thump on the door and it's four thuggish knobheads who were too stoned to prepare for themselves.

Which spoon are you going to use to fend them off?

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 12:33 PM
Nigella :bow:

https://i.ibb.co/j6WMvFN/Nigella.jpg

Wow, what a cunt that woman is. Even now she's still crying on. Yeah, they have control over them NOW. Now that reality has bitten them right up in the arsehole and their fantasy games of control have been washed away by a microscopic threat.

Tell the bloated silver spoon cunt that living in a constant state of national emergency is probably not the brand of "liberty" she's looking for. Stupid know-nothing airhead, and I bet she's not even embarrassed at her ignorance.

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 01:04 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51911065

In a stunning and brave development Dons at the propaganda platform have decided to delay extorting 3.7m elderly people for a few months more. Because, hey, they have enough shit to deal with right now.

Or maybe they are concerned by the optics of their goons shaking down sick, elderly people during a global crisis. Too much public attention right now. Better to do it quietly, under the radar, when all the fuss has died down.

Mac76
16-03-2020, 01:05 PM
I think it's a very good point actually.

And btw i think coronavirus is karma for all those elderly leave-voters - me, i'm off out on the tube until i catch it, then it's a tour of northern old folks homes for me... :ninja:

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 01:06 PM
Roy Hudd, 83, has died.

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 01:09 PM
I think it's a very good point actually.

And btw i think coronavirus is karma for all those elderly leave-voters - me, i'm off out on the tube until i catch it, then it's a tour of northern old folks homes for me... :ninja:

I thought the restraining order prevented you from creeping into old folks homes at night? Don't fuck with that in times of crisis when emergency services have extended powers.

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 01:12 PM
In a welcome boost for theatregoers and lovers of the art, Daniel Radcliffe's new play Endgame has become the first major London production to be cancelled in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.

Letters
16-03-2020, 01:44 PM
Let's say the worst case scenario unfolds, maybe not this time, maybe when the next, more deadly pandemic arrives. Let's say government turns out to be slightly less efficient than we anticipate and totally abandon you to fend for yourself (see Katrina for further details). You're a smart cookie so you are prepared. Extra food, extra water, you hunker down to wait it out. There's a thump on the door and it's four thuggish knobheads who were too stoned to prepare for themselves.

Which spoon are you going to use to fend them off?

I guess if it all goes full "The Walking Dead" then those firearms will come in handy.
Seems pretty unlikely to me, but when people start fighting over toilet paper, who knows?

Letters
16-03-2020, 01:56 PM
Wow, what a cunt that woman is.
She's right though, isn't she?
All these lies about how we needed to leave to get control of our border.
The minute they really needed to, they just did it. So we could have too :shrug:

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 02:02 PM
The minute they really needed to, they just did it. So we could have too :shrug:

She's not right. A state of emergency is in effect in these countries. Under normal conditions you can't exercise any of these powers. Which is why I was wondering if the stupid, ignorant, fat, ugly cunt wants to live under a perpetual state of emergency just to win the internets. I mean how pathetic can this person actually be?

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 02:13 PM
This is not even from The Onion
https://www.politico.eu/article/coronavirus-isis-terrorists-europe/

GP
16-03-2020, 02:21 PM

They were always lies. Sad thet people are still repeating them, just to avoid admitting they were wrong.

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 02:25 PM
They were always lies. Sad thet people are still repeating them, just to avoid admitting they were wrong.

How's the fishing going?

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 02:33 PM
Australian researchers reckon they may have found a viable cure and tests are being conducted.

'It's a potentially effective treatment. Patients would end up with no viable coronavirus in their system at all after the end of therapy.'

The drugs are both already registered and available in Australia.

'What we want to do at the moment is a large clinical trial across Australia, looking at 50 hospitals, and what we're going to compare is one drug, versus another drug, versus the combination of the two drugs.'

Hope it's not fake news.

Marc Overmars
16-03-2020, 02:40 PM
Couldn’t even get a tin of baked beans at Sainsbury’s earlier. People are thick as fuck.

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 03:09 PM
MERS is still in Europe and circulating around the globe, apparently. Far deadlier than CoronaVirus.

But he's still a decent bloke tbf.

Marc Overmars
16-03-2020, 03:25 PM
EU banning non-essential travel for at least 30 days.

Virgin Atlantic are asking their staff to take 8 weeks unpaid leave. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 03:35 PM
Summary of "the science" as it stands today:

1. There is still virtually nothing known about immunity in relation to this virus. Nobody knows for sure whether herd immunity can be effectively developed or if the disease can reinfect recovered patients. This was stated today by at least two medical experts from two sources. Therefore, what was being said last week by the government and their senior advisors is pure guesswork based on nothing at all. In this case, there is no science to guide them because it doesn't exist.

2. The virus could have a significant presence until spring of next year, and will likely recur annually like the flu.

3. Two medical sources have advised that if the outer estimates of infection and sickness is realised, 1 in 8 people may need to be hospitalised and the level of treatment required will be significant and extensive.

This seems a far cry from last week when a minority of the elderly and those with underlying conditions were most at risk. Either they have decided to treat us all like children and break the news slowly and with cuddles and reassurances, or, there are some very irresponsible professionals out there hyping it up in the most unhelpful way.

What we can say for sure is the British government has taken a huge risk, with virtually nothing to base it on. They aren't being "guided by the science", they are being advised by individuals who have no evidence to support their theories. The bullshit about it "not being the right time yet" to try to prevent the rate of infection never made any sense. The arguments that public gatherings and open schools made little difference, those make absolutely no sense either. Social distancing seems to be the one strategy that mostly every expert outside the UK agrees on.

The reason they won't show us "the science" is because there isn't any.

Letters
16-03-2020, 03:39 PM

We've just had an update asking us to WAH for the foreseeable. :(
Not actually policy yet, they haven't made it mandatory, but that could soon follow.
Going to start panic buying, tbh

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 03:41 PM

Beardy always was a decent bloke tbf. Champion of the people.

Isn't it hilarious (in a suicidal sort of way) that when big banks fuck up we are all compelled to bail them out? But when the whole world goes to shit and all the consumers these corporations depend on are threatened, the corporations don't step up to convert some of those massive profits into a lifeline. Apple donated 12.5mill to "fund the worldwide recovery." And still no worldwide recovery! Even with them chucking 5 seconds worth of profit at the problem.

Instead the super rich are buying five star bunkers and luxury bug-out bags. I'm kind of hoping this is some clever hoax to force the bastards underground so we don't have to put up with them any more.

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 03:42 PM
We've just had an update asking us to WAH for the foreseeable. :(
Not actually policy yet, they haven't made it mandatory, but that could soon follow.
Going to start panic buying, tbh

They want you to make baby noises for the foreseeable future? That's a bit woke even by their standards.

Letters
16-03-2020, 03:42 PM
https://newsthump.com/2020/03/16/us-ban-on-large-gatherings-could-force-mass-shooters-to-go-door-to-door/

Letters
16-03-2020, 03:53 PM
Roy Hudd, 83, has died.

Huddlines :bow:

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 04:05 PM
110,000 people so far have contributed $19mill to the WHO response fund. Tbf, I'm guessing most people haven't heard of it, but fuck. If that fund isn't at a hundred billion dollars by the end of the week then maybe we all deserve to get wiped out.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/donate

For just this once, I hope they don't blow it all on coke and strippers.

GP
16-03-2020, 04:51 PM

Huddlines :bow:

Emu :bow: *

*I know it wasn't.

Mac76
16-03-2020, 04:56 PM

:gp:

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 05:24 PM
Latest press conference ongoing, it appears the government has performed a 180 and are now suggesting we don't go to the pub! No sport and no pub!

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2020, 05:26 PM
Definitely going to panic buy booze now. You'd better get to the shops before I do!

McNamara That Ghost...
16-03-2020, 05:26 PM
Non essential contact or travel.

To work from home where possible.

Funny, if only every other country had thought of this!

Guess those extra 4 days waiting will stop it turning in to a shit show by June.