PDA

View Full Version : "Currants Bw..."

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129

Globalgunner
24-09-2022, 12:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPEl9eyPaPc&ab_channel=TheJimmyDoreShow

HCZ_Reborn
24-09-2022, 07:27 AM
https://news.sky.com/story/amp/louise-fletcher-the-oscar-winning-nurse-ratched-in-one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-dies-aged-88-12704352

One of the few films where it’s better than the novel it’s based on, Louise Fletcher terrifyingly cold and carries her villainy behind soft spoken politeness, manipulation and rigid instatement of rules and routine

Xhaka Can’t
24-09-2022, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I will have to revisit this classic

Letters
24-09-2022, 04:02 PM
Jimmy Dore :haha:

That is all.

GP
24-09-2022, 04:27 PM
Innit

Mac76
24-09-2022, 07:09 PM
Jimmy Dore :haha:

That is all.

....is a c*** surely?

Letters
25-09-2022, 06:09 PM
....is a c*** surely?

Well, he is.

But it’s amusing and bewildering to see someone like GG, who is one of those “wake up, sheeple, stop reading all that MSM propaganda” people. And then he goes and posts a Jimmy Dore video.
Yes, Jimmy Dore, that well respected journalist. Oh hang on, no, he’s just a mediocre stand up comedian who has found another revenue stream telling people with a certain worldview what they want to hear. That video is a good example of his schtick - pointing at chucking at videos and shaking his head about it all. None of the stuff in those videos is going to happen. Dore posted some pro-vaccine videos during the pandemic. Then, when that didn’t play well with his…demographic, he switched to anti-vaccine ones. And the views (and therefore dollars) racked up.
People like GG are a mess of confirmation bias. They think the MSM are a mess of fake news and propaganda. And they’re not entirely wrong.
But what they fail to realise is the YouTube channels and sites they follow - which tell them what they want to hear - are actually worse.

Niall_Quinn
28-09-2022, 06:47 PM
The war for farming and food is on. You won't hear about it much but you should look it up.

The war for the family is on, and almost lost. You won't hear about it much, not directly but instead in terms of supreme weirdness, but you should look it up.

The war against religion is on. Agree with religion or not, what do you intend to replace it with? A system that says inform on your neighbour instead of love your neighbour?

The war against nature is on. The climate hoaxers and the gender crazies and the vaccine nutters. The real world, as it existed a mere decade ago, is now taboo. If you allow it to be.

So many wars.

Millions not fighting, against the very, very few evil entities who fight every day.

Niall_Quinn
28-09-2022, 06:57 PM
Well, he is.

But it’s amusing and bewildering to see someone like GG, who is one of those “wake up, sheeple, stop reading all that MSM propaganda” people. And then he goes and posts a Jimmy Dore video.
Yes, Jimmy Dore, that well respected journalist. Oh hang on, no, he’s just a mediocre stand up comedian who has found another revenue stream telling people with a certain worldview what they want to hear. That video is a good example of his schtick - pointing at chucking at videos and shaking his head about it all. None of the stuff in those videos is going to happen. Dore posted some pro-vaccine videos during the pandemic. Then, when that didn’t play well with his…demographic, he switched to anti-vaccine ones. And the views (and therefore dollars) racked up.
People like GG are a mess of confirmation bias. They think the MSM are a mess of fake news and propaganda. And they’re not entirely wrong.
But what they fail to realise is the YouTube channels and sites they follow - which tell them what they want to hear - are actually worse.

You would do well to understand a very basic reality. People like Dore are not the counterpart of the media that even you accept is untrustworthy. Dore simple draws attention to the fact they are untrustworthy. And that's a lesson the majority have not embraced as yet. So many people still believe the media can be trusted. And so evil reigns. Dore is not the message. Dore is the fire alarm. You are being extremely disingenuous when you try to equate Dore with the entities that infest the mainstream media. They do not play the same roles. They are not like for like. It is not one or the other. It is simply NOT THEM. When you understand this fairly basic reality you'll be able to get value from independent thought, whether you value Dore or not.

Niall_Quinn
28-09-2022, 07:00 PM
....is a c*** surely?

Why? Did you self censor yourself or did the software do it for you? Merely interested in how far down the road you are.

Niall_Quinn
28-09-2022, 07:21 PM
So Putin announces a partial mobilisation in Russia which is clearly the actions of a side who is winning.

Some sham referendums will be held in coming days in the areas currently held by Russia. It will be fun watching NQ defend them as completely free & fair referendums while also carrying on the pretence that the US election was fixed etc.

Why have you set up a position for me without me commenting at all? What happens in your mind to compel you to do that?

It's fascinating but dark too.

Xhaka Can’t
30-09-2022, 02:27 AM
https://twitter.com/wallstreetsilv/status/1575137671453630466?s=21&t=waLB1XYvtRIpNJh-oHN6OA

I wouldn’t mind being a fly on the wall at the next EU summit.

Some killer insights to French hypocrisy on a raft of issues that Macron likes to lecture everyone else on.

Niall_Quinn
05-10-2022, 10:21 PM
The Polish leadership is seriously unhinged and could, yet again, drag us into war. Because history buffs will remember the huge part their unhinged leaders played in kicking of 1939. Though maybe not, because their warmongering role in all of that is scarcely mentioned. If these mindless bastards are entertained we could all be wearing masks for a long, long time. And not those flimsy ones used for virtue signalling.

Ollie the Optimist
06-10-2022, 07:04 AM
The Polish leadership is seriously unhinged and could, yet again, drag us into war. Because history buffs will remember the huge part their unhinged leaders played in kicking of 1939. Though maybe not, because their warmongering role in all of that is scarcely mentioned. If these mindless bastards are entertained we could all be wearing masks for a long, long time. And not those flimsy ones used for virtue signalling.

You’ve spelt Russia incorrectly there

Xhaka Can’t
06-10-2022, 10:04 PM
Rabbit holes will fuck you right up

Letters
10-10-2022, 02:51 PM
https://metro.co.uk/2022/10/09/murderer-peter-tobins-ex-wife-cathy-wilson-glad-monster-is-dead-17531390/

RIP :rose:

HCZ_Reborn
10-10-2022, 03:04 PM
https://metro.co.uk/2022/10/09/murderer-peter-tobins-ex-wife-cathy-wilson-glad-monster-is-dead-17531390/

RIP :rose:

Keep up, he died on Saturday

I note the Metro omits the fact that it’s strongly suspected that Tobin was also Bible John

Police eliminated him as a suspect, but it was clearly him

Niall_Quinn
10-10-2022, 11:03 PM
Fuel lines are now forming in Germany, France and the United States, to name a few. Police in the States are enforcing rationing rules and turning away vehicles with partially full tanks. This is a key trigger. It was inevitable and coming ever since November 2020.

In the Ukraine the US has boots on the ground and is conducting special operations against Russian infrastructure.

In the South China Sea and along the demarcation line in Korea tensions are as high as they have ever been.

In the Mid East Israel has promised total destruction of Palestine should Hezbollah defend against the latest land grab (which is entirely focused on securing energy reserves).

In Iran the police have taken the American dollar and are siding with paid protestors and thousands who have been roped into believing they are fighting a genuine revolution.

All across Europe growing crowds are gathered in protest against their failed governments.

Economies all around the world are tanking. Banks in China and across the Asian seaboard are closing their doors.

US banks are sitting on so much debt the global economy will cease instantly if they lose their grip for even a second.

Every single indicator is in the red.

Unless there is somebody out there with a brain that us fucking nutters put in charge (very unlikely) this is it, the tipping point.

So, it wouldn't hurt to just get a few extra supplies in. Yeah, I know. Everything is fine and only tin foil hatters make preparations, but it might be worth it to just stock up a little on food, fuel, medical supplies and How-To manuals. Plan for the worst, hope for the best right?

On the other hand, we beat Liverpool. Which is the main thing.

I just wonder what it would actually take.

mandela8
11-10-2022, 01:57 AM
Fuel lines are now forming in Germany, France and the United States, to name a few. Police in the States are enforcing rationing rules and turning away vehicles with partially full tanks. This is a key trigger. It was inevitable and coming ever since November 2020.

In the Ukraine the US has boots on the ground and is conducting special operations against Russian infrastructure.

In the South China Sea and along the demarcation line in Korea tensions are as high as they have ever been.

In the Mid East Israel has promised total destruction of Palestine should Hezbollah defend against the latest land grab (which is entirely focused on securing energy reserves).

In Iran the police have taken the American dollar and are siding with paid protestors and thousands who have been roped into believing they are fighting a genuine revolution.

All across Europe growing crowds are gathered in protest against their failed governments.

Economies all around the world are tanking. Banks in China and across the Asian seaboard are closing their doors.

US banks are sitting on so much debt the global economy will cease instantly if they lose their grip for even a second.

Unless there is somebody out there with a brain that us fucking nutters put in charge (very unlikely) this is it, the tipping point.

So, it wouldn't hurt to just get a few extra supplies in. Yeah, I know. Everything is fine and only tin foil hatters make preparations, but it might be worth it to just stock up a little on food, fuel, medical supplies and How-To manuals. Plan for the worst, hope for the best right?

Fuck up, man.

Xhaka Can’t
11-10-2022, 06:16 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221011/779257001b427b917f742bd2df9f5281.jpg

Ollie the Optimist
11-10-2022, 07:16 AM

Amazing, the only mention of Russia in that post is some conspiracy with no evidence that the US are attacking russian infrastructure in Ukraine.

No mention of Russia bombing civilian targets etc.

Globalgunner
11-10-2022, 08:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pS1edpeGqI&ab_channel=TalksatGoogle

This was 11 years ago.

Letters
11-10-2022, 08:31 AM
Dude, you do remember that just 2 years ago you were predicting no end to the Covid restrictions and in fact an increase of them with curfews and checkpoints, the army on the streets.
You remember that, right? Can we agree that didn't happen?
So look, I'm not saying everything you've said is wrong and there aren't some "bad things" happening. I'm just pointing out you do have a tendency to be a bit of a doommonger.
And sure, I could stock up a bit. What's that going to do? If it really does all go to shit then what? I'll survive for a bit longer? Yay?

It's almost like football - like many entertainment forms - is a distraction from the "real world". Of course it's not "more important" than life and death, but if you can't enjoy stuff like that then what's the point in life?
Holy shit dude, will you lighten up? Enjoy the things you can enjoy. You can't control world events and wringing your hands about how we're all doomed helps no-one, least of all yourself.

Niall_Quinn
11-10-2022, 09:34 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221011/779257001b427b917f742bd2df9f5281.jpg

Hopefully you can eat it and burn it in the coming months.

Niall_Quinn
11-10-2022, 09:42 AM
Dude, you do remember that just 2 years ago you were predicting no end to the Covid restrictions and in fact an increase of them with curfews and checkpoints, the army on the streets.
You remember that, right? Can we agree that didn't happen?
So look, I'm not saying everything you've said is wrong and there aren't some "bad things" happening. I'm just pointing out you do have a tendency to be a bit of a doommonger.
And sure, I could stock up a bit. What's that going to do? If it really does all go to shit then what? I'll survive for a bit longer? Yay?

It's almost like football - like many entertainment forms - is a distraction from the "real world". Of course it's not "more important" than life and death, but if you can't enjoy stuff like that then what's the point in life?
Holy shit dude, will you lighten up? Enjoy the things you can enjoy. You can't control world events and wringing your hands about how we're all doomed helps no-one, least of all yourself.

Are you literally incapable of tracking the development of a remorseless trend unless every waypoint is reached precisely on schedule and exactly as described? Or, as I suggested, unless you see it unfold on your street directly outside your window? All of the important covid restrictions are, indeed, still in place, as many will find out if they try to kick back against the global economic reset that is in progress now. Either you can't see this happening or you refuse to see it. That's why you examine everything in strict isolation, as if a 1,000 pieces puzzle is, in fact, 1,000 different pictures each showing nothing much at all.

But it doesn't matter. I gave you some timely advice and you still have liberty to take it or ignore it.

Ollie the Optimist
11-10-2022, 09:46 AM
Are you literally incapable of tracking the development of a remorseless trend unless every waypoint is reached precisely on schedule and exactly as described? Or, as I suggested, unless you see it unfold on your street directly outside your window? All of the important covid restrictions are, indeed, still in place, as many will find out if they try to kick back against the global economic reset that is in progress now. Either you can't see this happening or you refuse to see it. That's why you examine everything in strict isolation, as if a 1,000 pieces puzzle is, in fact, 1,000 different pictures each showing nothing much at all.

But it doesn't matter. I gave you some timely advice and you still have liberty to take it or ignore it.

What covid restrictions are in place in the UK?

Niall_Quinn
11-10-2022, 09:57 AM
Amazing, the only mention of Russia in that post is some conspiracy with no evidence that the US are attacking russian infrastructure in Ukraine.

No mention of Russia bombing civilian targets etc.

I was watching the mainstream media last night and laughing, thinking, people like Ollie will be lapping this up. In a good natured way. I realise you don't know much about the conflict and that's understandable because you innocently rely on easily accessible and pre-packaged information from a single, heavily interested party. Like many do.

I was talking about independent thinking the other day, maybe you caught my post? I'm wondering, given the Russians are 100% in the wrong here, and undoubtedly the wrong sort too (unlike our Ukrainian heroes), I'm wondering, why haven't they been bombing Ukrainian infrastructure into the dust since the conflict began (which was in 2022, as we all know for a modern day fact)? Does that make you wonder too? I mean that's what the yanks do, right. Power plants, water treatment facilities, fuel and food stores, bridges, communications and media centres, governmental buildings, command and control centres - BOOM! Shock and awe baby!

But people have been clubbing in Kiev and riding the trains. Until very recently at least. Maybe the Rooskies are dumbarses too? They couldn't find their historic capital and only just stumbled on it by accident this week? Can't wait to see what the BBC tells you to think about this, if they mention it at all.

Niall_Quinn
11-10-2022, 09:58 AM
What covid restrictions are in place in the UK?

The ones I posted up on this forum that were ignored as temporary and necessary. The ones that unexpectedly remained on the books after even the BBC couldn't push Covid any more.

WMUG
11-10-2022, 10:04 AM
The ones I posted up on this forum that were ignored as temporary and necessary. The ones that unexpectedly remained on the books after even the BBC couldn't push Covid any more.

I missed that post of yours.

Mind pointing me towards it?

Ollie the Optimist
11-10-2022, 10:10 AM
I was watching the mainstream media last night and laughing, thinking, people like Ollie will be lapping this up. In a good natured way. I realise you don't know much about the conflict and that's understandable because you innocently rely on easily accessible and pre-packaged information from a single, heavily interested party. Like many do.

I was talking about independent thinking the other day, maybe you caught my post? I'm wondering, given the Russians are 100% in the wrong here, and undoubtedly the wrong sort too (unlike our Ukrainian heroes), I'm wondering, why haven't they been bombing Ukrainian infrastructure into the dust since the conflict began (which was in 2022, as we all know for a modern day fact)? Does that make you wonder too? I mean that's what the yanks do, right. Power plants, water treatment facilities, fuel and food stores, bridges, communications and media centres, governmental buildings, command and control centres - BOOM! Shock and awe baby!

But people have been clubbing in Kiev and riding the trains. Until very recently at least. Maybe the Rooskies are dumbarses too? They couldn't find their historic capital and only just stumbled on it by accident this week? Can't wait to see what the BBC tells you to think about this, if they mention it at all.

Are you seriously now trying to claim Russia hasn’t tried to destroy parts Ukraine? The city of mauripol were smashed by russian bombs and the city barely exists as it did before the conflict.

You & GG bang on about how Ukraine is full of nazis notably the Azov regiment (we all know most of the Eastern European countries have problems with some nazis) so presumably you must be completely outraged by Putin swapping several high profile Azov commanders and Azov soldiers in return for Ukraine returning one of his mates who happens to be godfather to his child. So if the special operation was to stop nazis, swapping a whole load of them for your mate seems slightly counter productive. It would be like Staling capturing Gobbels & other high ranking nazis before returning them to hitler in return for his son.

Globalgunner
11-10-2022, 11:08 AM
Are you seriously now trying to claim Russia hasn’t tried to destroy parts Ukraine? The city of mauripol were smashed by russian bombs and the city barely exists as it did before the conflict.

You & GG bang on about how Ukraine is full of nazis notably the Azov regiment (we all know most of the Eastern European countries have problems with some nazis) so presumably you must be completely outraged by Putin swapping several high profile Azov commanders and Azov soldiers in return for Ukraine returning one of his mates who happens to be godfather to his child. So if the special operation was to stop nazis, swapping a whole load of them for your mate seems slightly counter productive. It would be like Staling capturing Gobbels & other high ranking nazis before returning them to hitler in return for his son.

So Im guessing you wouldnt swap anybody for your own son.? If they had your son and you had Hitler, you'd say, "Nah. I'm good"

The problem for people like you who
1. are not too smart
2. Are unquestioning of authority
3. Just want your side to win even if they are the douchebags...... is this

You either dont read the full details or more likely the details are kept from you,

So in case its the latter I will fill you in with the prisoner exchange details that the BBc et al wont tell you

The prisoner exchange was brokered by Turkey and the Saudi`s

The AZOV prisoners are handed over to Turkey, who will detain them for as long as it takes for the hostilities between Russia and Ukraine to be settled, one way or the other. They arent going home to copulate with their wives.

Maybe the NATO guys are going home, that wasnt stated, but if they wish to re-enlist. Well the same fate or worse will await them again. Things arent too comfy across Ukraine right now, so they may think again, but then again like the guy in the Equalizer stated. " My only regret is that I cant kill you twice". This could possibly happen now or something close.

Mac76
11-10-2022, 11:15 AM
many countries have neo-nazis and far right groups

we have the BNP and the EDL plus many racists in organistions like UKIP etc

ok, in Ukraine some of them have taken it to a higher level with a militia but branding every Ukrainian a nazi because of a few hardline nutters is dumb

Ollie the Optimist
11-10-2022, 11:19 AM
So Im guessing you wouldnt swap anybody for your own son.? If they had your son and you had Hitler, you'd say, "Nah. I'm good"

But in Putins case, it’s not his son but a friend of his. He started this special operation to “de nazify” unkraine before giving a whole load of captured “nazis” back to save his friend.

Also Stalin quite famously didn’t trade for his own son when captured by the nazis

Letters
11-10-2022, 12:39 PM
Are you literally incapable of tracking the development of a remorseless trend unless every waypoint is reached precisely on schedule and exactly as described?
You asked me this before so I'll just reply like I did before.
I'd expect to see this "remorseless trend". I just don't. And I'd suggest it's your worldview which is making you see a trend which simply isn't there.
Given the confidence with which you prophesied the things I mentioned above - a remorseless trend towards ever increasing restrictions - your continued rock solid confidence in your ability to know What's Going On is somewhat baffling.

Or, as I suggested, unless you see it unfold on your street directly outside your window?
You have suggested that and I responded so I'll do so again. It doesn't have to be happening outside my window but is it happening anywhere?
There's no army on my street, are they on yours? Are there curfews round your way?

All of the important covid restrictions are, indeed, still in place
Counterpoint - no they aren't.
They still give announcements on the train about recommending people wear masks, almost no-one does. There are no Covid restrictions anywhere now.
Covid "passports" came and went. Not sure what's going on about boosters, I had the initial two jabs and that was it, no-one has strapped me to the table and made me have any more yet.

I think you might be talking about some of the bills you have highlighted previously. Yes, they are still on the books but they're not to do with Covid and have they made any difference?

Globalgunner
11-10-2022, 01:18 PM
But in Putins case, it’s not his son but a friend of his. He started this special operation to “de nazify” unkraine before giving a whole load of captured “nazis” back to save his friend.

Also Stalin quite famously didn’t trade for his own son when captured by the nazis

Which makes the trade even better because he got his men back and helped out a friend and the Nazis are nowhere back in the action

Also you are now equating yourself with Stalin are you?

Nice going Ollie. You are really on form today

Globalgunner
11-10-2022, 01:21 PM
many countries have neo-nazis and far right groups

we have the BNP and the EDL plus many racists in organistions like UKIP etc

ok, in Ukraine some of them have taken it to a higher level with a militia but branding every Ukrainian a nazi because of a few hardline nutters is dumb

So you didnt see the recent picture of their chief or Armed staff wearing a bracelet with Swastikas all around it. In Ukraine it goes much deeper and higher than you think

There was also a small clip of 2 schoolgirls using the NAzi salute as one of their APC drove by. 8 or 10 year olds at best

Ollie the Optimist
11-10-2022, 01:47 PM
So you didnt see the recent picture of their chief or Armed staff wearing a bracelet with Swastikas all around it. In Ukraine it goes much deeper and higher than you think

There was also a small clip of 2 schoolgirls using the NAzi salute as one of their APC drove by. 8 or 10 year olds at best

Russia use the Wagner group in the war (there are videos of them trying to recruit people) and their leader has literally SS symbols tattooed on his body.

You never seem to criticise Russia though who have nazis in their military

Ollie the Optimist
11-10-2022, 01:51 PM
Which makes the trade even better because he got his men back and helped out a friend and the Nazis are nowhere back in the action

Also you are now equating yourself with Stalin are you?

Nice going Ollie. You are really on form today

The 5 commanders of the Azov regiment are in Turkey yes but the rest of the 200 odd others in the swap are not.

But again, you keep defending Putin.

Xhaka Can’t
11-10-2022, 03:01 PM
Hopefully you can eat it and burn it in the coming months.

Yes. I’ve always planned to eat and burn football results.

I just never considered doing it in that order.

Xhaka Can’t
11-10-2022, 03:19 PM
So
So in case its the latter I will fill you in with the prisoner exchange details that the BBc et al wont tell you

The prisoner exchange was brokered by Turkey and the Saudi`s

10 seconds

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63004964.amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac76
11-10-2022, 03:22 PM

Ok, no i didn't, so sure it's certainly worrying but a lot of Germans weren't Nazis in the '40s so a lot of Ukrainians won't be now either

Letters
11-10-2022, 03:44 PM
10 seconds

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63004964.amp

:haha:

Globalgunner
11-10-2022, 03:49 PM
Ok, no i didn't, so sure it's certainly worrying but a lot of Germans weren't Nazis in the '40s so a lot of Ukrainians won't be now either

The percentages are not the issue as you know too. Less than 300k people put a PM in place just recently in a country with 65m people. The rules have been set so it stays that way. Democracy is mostly an illusion. 0.1% of the general population hold the levers of power in most societies and they in turn control the media and the access to the economy. If you dont think they way they insist you do then you arent just left alone, you are made to conform using state apparatus to ensure you do. Or otherwise. The truckers in Canada just found that out as well

Letters
11-10-2022, 04:08 PM
https://metro.co.uk/2022/10/11/jodie-comer-most-beautiful-woman-in-the-world-according-to-science-17541696

Prolly would, tbf.

Xhaka Can’t
11-10-2022, 04:21 PM
The percentages are not the issue as you know too. Less than 300k people put a PM in place just recently in a country with 65m people. The rules have been set so it stays that way. Democracy is mostly an illusion. 0.1% of the general population hold the levers of power in most societies and they in turn control the media and the access to the economy. If you dont think they way they insist you do then you arent just left alone, you are made to conform using state apparatus to ensure you do. Or otherwise. The truckers in Canada just found that out as well

The truckers in Canada? They were treated with kid gloves. Their demands were the exact opposite of democratic principles and couldn’t even be met by the government they protested against because the U.S. was never going to open the border to the unvaccinated no matter what the Canadian government decided.

Had the truckers tried the same shit in most other countries, some of them would be going home in body bags.

HCZ_Reborn
11-10-2022, 04:35 PM
The truckers in Canada? They were treated with kid gloves. Their demands were the exact opposite of democratic principles and couldn’t even be met by the government they protested against because the U.S. was never going to open the border to the unvaccinated no matter what the Canadian government decided.

Had the truckers tried the same shit in most other countries, some of them would be going home in body bags.

I thought they were ridiculous people but I’m not sure if freezing their bank accounts was exactly treating them with kid gloves.

The response to Covid by American and Canadian governments absolutely feeds this distrust of experts. The CDC for example made broad pronouncements about the need to mask toddlers based on evidence that fell apart under the most mild scrutiny (comparative outcomes that took no external factors into account)
Don’t get me wrong you’ll get people who will forever be contrarian no matter how well evidenced the rationale behind decision making is, but even here there was a load of nonsense at times. The apocalyptic forecasts for how the Omicron variant would lead to hospitalisation and death based on total reliance on a worst case scenario, scant evidence of how it would affect a population vaccinated multiple times and ignoring how it barely did anything in South Africa after letting rip amongst an admittedly younger but largely unvaccinated populace.
If Covid was a dress rehearsal for how we’d deal with a genuinely deadly pandemic like H1-N5 we fucked up so badly it’s untrue, mainly because the experts lacked the humility to admit they were dealing with a novel virus that they could only guess at what would happen and treating any skepticism with disdain only delivered people into the welcoming arms of the grifters

Xhaka Can’t
11-10-2022, 04:45 PM
That’s a different argument. But you had a few hundred people causing major economic damage (in addition to that by the governments) by virtue of protesting with 18 wheelers.

Protest for sure, but with a truck? Fuck that.

And it shouldn’t have come to that. They got off lightly compared to what would’ve happened in most other countries.

Imagine even trying to do that south of the border?

Letters
11-10-2022, 05:14 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63172425

Gawd bless ‘em!

HCZ_Reborn
11-10-2022, 05:14 PM
That’s a different argument. But you had a few hundred people causing major economic damage (in addition to that by the governments) by virtue of protesting with 18 wheelers.

Protest for sure, but with a truck? Fuck that.

And it shouldn’t have come to that. They got off lightly compared to what would’ve happened in most other countries.

Imagine even trying to do that south of the border?

Erm….BLM radicals have set cities ablaze from Portland, Oregon to Oshkosh, Wisconsin and many of those people were never arrested

Not to mention how many of the Capitol rioters got off Scott free, so yes law enforcement can be more draconian in the states but just as often you can get away with all kinds of criminal shit.

Plus look at the oil protesters blocking major public highways, none of them are having their bank accounts frozen

Xhaka Can’t
11-10-2022, 05:20 PM
Erm….BLM radicals have set cities ablaze from Portland, Oregon to Oshkosh, Wisconsin and many of those people were never arrested

Not to mention how many of the Capitol rioters got off Scott free, so yes law enforcement can be more draconian in the states but just as often you can get away with all kinds of criminal shit.

Plus look at the oil protesters blocking major public highways, none of them are having their bank accounts frozen

The scale of economic impact isn’t comparable, nor how long it was allowed to continue.

This severely impacted a national economy.

I have no problem with freezing of accounts that fund criminal activity - which is precisely what occurred.

HCZ_Reborn
11-10-2022, 05:34 PM
The scale of economic impact isn’t comparable, nor how long it was allowed to continue.

This severely impacted a national economy.

I have no problem with freezing of accounts that fund criminal activity - which is precisely what occurred.

How long it was able to continue?

Portland, Oregon is even now a complete hell hole run by street activists and Anarchists basically siphoned off an area of Seattle.

Much of this wasn’t just one nights rioting/looting it went on for weeks and in some cases months

Plus are you honestly saying economic harm is the best way to appraise the extent of criminal harm? I’d say home owners and small business owners underwent quite significant economic harm as well as being frightened for their lives

Plus you personally thinking it’s ok to freeze peoples accounts isn’t evidence of it being a proportional measure.

Plus to get back to my original point which despite your claim to the contrary was not a different argument, these kinds of events only happen when those who are in charge abuse that power to begin with. The response might be equally idiotic, but the point is trust has been eroded and appeals to authority won’t work anymore.

Xhaka Can’t
11-10-2022, 05:39 PM
How long it was able to continue?

Portland, Oregon is even now a complete hell hole run by street activists and Anarchists basically siphoned off an area of Seattle.

Much of this wasn’t just one nights rioting/looting it went on for weeks and in some cases months

Plus are you honestly saying economic harm is the best way to appraise the extent of criminal harm? I’d say home owners and small business owners underwent quite significant economic harm as well as being frightened for their lives

Plus you personally thinking it’s ok to freeze peoples accounts isn’t evidence of it being a proportional measure.

Plus to get back to my original point which despite your claim to the contrary was not a different argument, these kinds of events only happen when those who are in charge abuse that power to begin with. The response might be equally idiotic, but the point is trust has been eroded and appeals to authority won’t work anymore.
It isn’t comparable - we are talking about the tanking of the National economy and disruption on the vast majority of international trade. By 100s of people.

It should not have been allowed to go on as long as it did.

What happened in Portland affected…a little bit of Portland.

The economic harm affected the livelihoods of the entire country.

Xhaka Can’t
11-10-2022, 05:48 PM
Although granted - freezing of individuals - especially those that donated was over-reach.

It illustrates clearly the disaster we are running headlong in to - the cashless society. I wouldn’t even get an Oyster Card when they came out, because you could see where things were going at that point.

Letters
11-10-2022, 07:56 PM
In today edition of “I didn’t know she was still alive”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63221326

:rose:

HCZ_Reborn
11-10-2022, 08:00 PM
In today edition of “I didn’t know she was still alive”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63221326

:rose:

Her Grandad was Leader of the Labour Party in the 1930s…the Corbyn of his day

Letters
12-10-2022, 11:28 AM
https://metro.co.uk/2022/10/12/kanye-west-on-fox-news-leaked-clips-reveal-fake-children-conspiracy-17548186

Not sure if he's gone proper cray cray or if he's just whipping up publicity.
The anti-Semitic thing makes me think the former.

GP
12-10-2022, 11:51 AM
He's mental.

I mean that in a real, diagnosable way. He's not well.

Globalgunner
12-10-2022, 08:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7yHxJPNVQ8&ab_channel=TheJimmyDoreShow

Letters
14-10-2022, 08:18 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-63244353

Warmists :lol:

HCZ_Reborn
14-10-2022, 10:59 AM
Two little toerags have decided to chuck soup on Van Gogh’s sunflowers in the National Gallery.

I hope the cops go full on apartheid era South African police on them

Letters
14-10-2022, 11:01 AM
"Van Gogh drew some eyeball pleasers,
He must have been a pencil squeezer.
He didn't do the Mona Lisa,
That was an Italian geezer"
- Ian Dury.

And yeah, I saw this. What twats. Was in Paris a couple of weeks back and saw a few Van Gogh's in the Musee D'Orsay, including a couple of his self-portraits.

GP
14-10-2022, 11:44 AM
What's he done lately?

HCZ_Reborn
14-10-2022, 11:48 AM
What's he done lately?

Decomposition

Mac76
14-10-2022, 12:13 PM
Kwarteng :rose:

HCZ_Reborn
14-10-2022, 12:15 PM
Kwarteng :rose:

Lasted a whole week longer than I thought he would.

Mac76
14-10-2022, 12:35 PM
The next one might be Hunt apparently

Cockney rhyming slang anyone...?

Letters
14-10-2022, 12:40 PM
What's he done lately?

Stop adding insult to Ian Dury! :angry:

:cool:

Mac76
14-10-2022, 02:32 PM
tweet of the day surely... :lol:

https://twitter.com/christiancalgie/status/1580902895310221312

Mac76
14-10-2022, 02:38 PM
and one for 'you-know-who'

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fe-z_drXEAETidM?format=jpg&name=small

GP
14-10-2022, 03:20 PM
Libertarians :lol:

Never met a more stupider bunch

HCZ_Reborn
14-10-2022, 04:57 PM
Libertarianism is the concept that government as a concept is a malevolent one and can’t be trusted and human beings are far better being left alone to run their own affairs.
It’s a belief usually held either by those who simply don’t want to pay tax or by those who do feel their freedoms are infringed upon.
Now I think there’s certainly truth to the idea that it feels like a bit of a piss take that money we earn is taken from us and spent by people who don’t seem to know what the fuck they are doing, and I can certainly empathise with the lack of trust in a media ecosystem that is divisive, selective in what it tells you and is more geared towards ratings than information dispersal.
Ultimately though we’ve had six years or more of disrupters, people who have said they will fight back against the vested interests, the status quo etc and they have either been even more corrupt than the people who have come before them or their simplistic ideas have come into contact with reality.
This of course will cause the same people who supported them to double down, and claim that some deep state conspiracy confounded these people rather than the gravity of the fact that two plus two doesn’t equal five.
And the question I have for libertarians is, if government is essentially just human beings….fallible, corruptable, become addicted to the idea of authority over others. What the fuck is actually stopping people from getting together and imposing might makes right on those weaker than themselves.
Essentially what you’re fighting is not interconnected theories of clandestine cabals of power, you’re fighting human nature

Letters
14-10-2022, 05:04 PM
Ah, shit :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63261204

Coltraine :rose:

HCZ_Reborn
14-10-2022, 05:17 PM

When me Mammy died about seven years ago, close mate of mine sent me The Full Cracker boxset we’d been speaking about the episode with Robert Carlyle in some time before that

Man it’s brilliant, but of course he will only be remembered for Harry Fucking Potter

Mac76
14-10-2022, 10:00 PM

72?!?! Holy shit

RIP to a very good actor (not talking about Potter movies of course, he just picked up the cash he deserved for his other work in those...) :rose:

Letters
14-10-2022, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I’m a bit irked by him being described as a “Harry Potter Actor”.
He was so much more than that.
He was a brilliant actor and comedian.
Cracker probably the high point as an actor. Absolutely outstanding series and he was immense in it.

Globalgunner
15-10-2022, 07:39 AM
He was also hilarious in those Brosnan era Bond movies

HCZ_Reborn
15-10-2022, 10:33 AM
He was also hilarious in those Brosnan era Bond movies

Minnie Driver has a cameo in Goldeneye as his missus

Globalgunner
15-10-2022, 03:07 PM
Minnie Driver has a cameo in Goldeneye as his missus

Wow!. I have it recorded on my decoder hard disk. Ill have another look

Mac76
15-10-2022, 06:54 PM
He also had some great roles in the Comic Strip, Blackadder etc

Shaqiri Is Boss
17-10-2022, 06:54 PM
Played 5 a side for the first time in about a million years tonight.

Fuck me :sick:

Mac76
18-10-2022, 07:04 AM
Played 5 a side for the first time in about a million years tonight.

Fuck me :sick:

No thanks, but what are you saying, you're not up to the running, or the football, or both?

Letters
18-10-2022, 07:18 AM
I keep meaning to get back into a game I used to play in, more 7 a side. I'm ever so old now though and massively unfit. Probably a bad idea.

Mac76
18-10-2022, 08:40 AM
I keep meaning to get back into a game I used to play in, more 7 a side. I'm ever so old now though and massively unfit. Probably a bad idea.

i'd be too worried about some kind of injury picked up in the course of a game - i just do individual stuff like running, cycling and a little weight training to keep fit these days

WMUG
18-10-2022, 03:15 PM
Ironically I've injured myself cycling twice this year, almost never get hurt playing football.

Currently nursing a broken hand that's preventing me doing either :(

GP
18-10-2022, 05:10 PM
Sucks to be you

mandela8
18-10-2022, 06:18 PM

I try to live by the mantra 'you don't stop because you get old, you get old because you stop'.

I still play twice a week. The level is obviously much lower and on a Sunday it's actually coed (which means women play...it's a thing here), but it's more just to keep at it than anything else really.

If you can, you should definitely get back into it.

Letters
18-10-2022, 06:56 PM
Wise words (unusually).
The level of the game I used to play in isn’t actually that high, when I started I thought it would be a load of 20-somethings running round like whippets while I puffed around, but it wasn’t really like that.

I should have a go over the next couple of weeks, see how it goes

HCZ_Reborn
18-10-2022, 07:14 PM
Ironically I've injured myself cycling twice this year, almost never get hurt playing football.

Currently nursing a broken hand that's preventing me doing either :(

So many people seem to have accidents whilst cycling, I used to have accidents on my bike all the time but that’s because I am a clutz who seldom bothers to even maintain a bike properly….unless you’re doing the Tour de France what’s your excuse?

WMUG
18-10-2022, 07:31 PM
So many people seem to have accidents whilst cycling, I used to have accidents on my bike all the time but that’s because I am a clutz who seldom bothers to even maintain a bike properly….unless you’re doing the Tour de France what’s your excuse?

First time, hit a tree root I didn't see. Was going what would've been a fine speed if it hadn't been there, the bastard.

Second time, approached the cycle path from a 90 degree angle a bit too quickly, got a warning shout and braked, it was wet, wheel slipped out from underneath me.

Common factor each time was speed, I'll have to be more cautious of that when I get back on.

Shaqiri Is Boss
19-10-2022, 05:49 AM
No thanks, but what are you saying, you're not up to the running, or the football, or both?All of those things. The dawning realisation I'm not 22 anymore, made worse actually playing a team of 22 year olds.

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised.

Marc Overmars
19-10-2022, 07:13 AM
Been playing 7 a side for about 15 years now, it’s a permanent fixture of my week and I’d be lost without it. Takes me a lot longer to recover after games now but it’s well worth the hobbling around. :lol:

WMUG
19-10-2022, 08:24 AM
Stretch and bathe, boys. Stretch and bathe.

Xhaka Can’t
21-10-2022, 09:00 PM
Holy shit, Julian Clary just died a horrific death on Channel 4.

GP
21-10-2022, 09:10 PM
Literally?

Letters
21-10-2022, 09:56 PM
Hopefully. He was never funny

Xhaka Can’t
21-10-2022, 10:04 PM
Literally?

I’m sad to say, no.

Letters
01-11-2022, 12:57 PM
Mud the far cuss...

So I got an apparently #decent pay rise this year. Nowhere near inflation, obviously, but better than I've had for a while.
Got paid on Friday and was excited to see how much difference it had made.
Turned out...pretty much bugger all.

Found my pay slip to check the details and noticed that one deduction had gone through the roof.
That looked like a mistake, I checked with a few colleagues and theirs hadn't changed.
So I queried it with HR.

Turns out there's a threshold above which you pay a higher percentage for your pension. And my pay rise took me just above that threshold.
But they take that percentage from the gross pay.
Which basically means if I earned a bit less and was still under the threshold then I'd actually end up with more money.
This, I would argue, is complete bullshit.

If I'd got a worse performance evaluation and thus a lower percent pay rise I'd still be under the threshold and actually be getting more in my pocket then I am now.
It is, as I may have mentioned, complete bullshit.

Wankers

:fury:

Xhaka Can’t
01-11-2022, 02:43 PM
It happened to me as well. It also reduced child benefit entitlement.

A few years ago, I was offered promotion. Would’ve affected child benefit, increased my pension contribution, reduced annual leave by 1.5 days and increased my hours by an equivalent of 8 days per annum.

And they were genuinely surprised when I said, “thanks, but no thanks”.

Letters
03-11-2022, 09:13 AM
Happy birthday, Maccy

:bow:

:partytime:

Mac76
03-11-2022, 09:40 AM
Happy birthday, Maccy

:bow:

:partytime:

:clap:

HCZ_Reborn
03-11-2022, 11:59 AM
Imran Kahn has been shot, so far reports saying wounded..

Mac76
03-11-2022, 12:19 PM
Shot in the leg or the foot apparently

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63496202

HCZ_Reborn
03-11-2022, 12:22 PM
Shot in the leg or the foot apparently

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63496202

Ah thought we were looking at another Benazir Bhutto to be honest

GP
03-11-2022, 07:32 PM
https://news.sky.com/story/miss-puerto-rico-and-miss-argentina-announce-they-secretly-got-married-12737076?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter

Same sex marriage :bow:

LDG
03-11-2022, 10:03 PM
https://news.sky.com/story/miss-puerto-rico-and-miss-argentina-announce-they-secretly-got-married-12737076?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter

Same sex marriage :bow:

See, I don’t mind that. What I don’t like is lesbinims who either play hockey, or dress up
as Charlie Chaplin. Or fat ones.

Letters
03-11-2022, 10:29 PM
Holy shit Rosie Jones is annoying

GP
04-11-2022, 08:04 AM
She that spaz one?

Letters
04-11-2022, 08:55 AM

Yes.
I can barely understand her and the way she speaks throws out the rhythm of any joke. Not her fault of course, but I find her painful to listen to on panel shows. She was on Frankie Boyle's show this week.

Letters
06-11-2022, 07:41 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63528830

Gawd bless ‘em!

Letters
06-11-2022, 09:50 AM
Also. Why do people feel the need to set off fireworks at all hours.
It gets dark at 5:30pm, you’ve got all evening to do it.
So why was some fuckwit down the road setting them off gone 11?
Literally no reason to other their own selfish desire to.
Wankers. :fury:

Mac76
06-11-2022, 10:05 AM
Private ownership of fireworks should be banned, along with drones and leafblowers

They're all anti-social and unnecessary

dazthegooner
06-11-2022, 11:27 AM
Doesn't help that local councils have stopped doing licensed fire displays.

Mac76
06-11-2022, 11:35 AM
Doesn't help that local councils have stopped doing licensed fire displays.

well they're being starved of cash by the Government so they've no choice

Letters
06-11-2022, 02:03 PM
Private ownership of fireworks should be banned, along with drones and leafblowers

They're all anti-social and unnecessary
I am coming round to that point of view.
Professional displays are better and safer anyway.

HCZ_Reborn
06-11-2022, 02:22 PM
I’m torn because I’m a selfish prick :haha:

I have bought fireworks before for private displays including spending almost a hundred quid on an individual group of them that was like an artillery barrage. I also bought some for new year and had put the thing in at an awkward angle causing the thing to go flying over the house and then erupting in a way that set off every car and burglar alarm in the nearby radius.

I do love that shit

But equally there’s no need to be letting the things off for weeks before and after November 5th and I am definitely compassionate to the stress it causes animals like Dogs and Cats. Have had to spend a lot of time coaxing out scared dogs and letting them know they were going to be ok.

Letters
07-11-2022, 08:03 AM
I also bought some for new year and had put the thing in at an awkward angle causing the thing to go flying over the house and then erupting in a way that set off every car and burglar alarm in the nearby radius.

You are not making a compelling case for them to be safe for home use :lol:
I don't have a massive problem with people using them at home in principle, but so many people are such inconsiderate twats they spoil it for the more responsible people.

Marc Overmars
07-11-2022, 09:59 AM
Enjoyed fireworks a lot when I was younger but haven’t really been bothered about them in my adult life. We’ve got a few dogs on my street so I’ve always been mindful enough to inform the owners whenever I’ve bought some of my own to do.

I don’t really see an argument against banning private use tbh. Would happily be in favour of professional displays only.

HCZ_Reborn
07-11-2022, 10:44 AM
You are not making a compelling case for them to be safe for home use :lol:
I don't have a massive problem with people using them at home in principle, but so many people are such inconsiderate twats they spoil it for the more responsible people.

I wasn’t making the argument based on safety and responsible usage in fairness

But they can be fun (within reason, there’s no fun in losing fingers or third degree burns)

But I wouldn’t object to them being banned except for public displays a) because especially on nights when I have to work the next day I don’t appreciate people setting them off and b) am genuinely saddened by seeing animals in a high state of distress

Mac76
07-11-2022, 11:31 AM
I was at a back garden bonfire party over ten years ago with an ex, her brother-in law had his two young kids there sitting on a bench - it was a long garden, maybe 80 feet, and he set off a rocket at the other end, but it hit a branch and the ricochet sent it flying about a foot above the kids' heads :haha:

Letters
07-11-2022, 11:50 AM
My nephew did a display some years back. I think he procured some fireworks which...aren't really supposed to be used at home!
It was a bloody brilliant display, the best amateur one I've ever seen, nearly as good as some professional ones I've seen.
But it wasn't the biggest garden and I did feel I might just die at any point :d

Letters
08-11-2022, 06:53 PM
It’s been a bloodbath today
Leslie Philips :rose:
Arthur from Eastenders :rose:
A couple of others who I’ve not really heard of :rose:

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2022, 12:30 AM
Firework are a poor substitute for guns and explosives. Mainly because the average bod doesn't do history. And therefore doesn't have much of a clue.

Mac76
11-11-2022, 10:05 AM
There are cockups and then there's this... :haha:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/10/kfc-apologises-for-kristallnacht-chicken-and-cheese-promotion

Letters
11-11-2022, 10:13 AM
Holy shit! :lol:
That's less than ideal!

HCZ_Reborn
11-11-2022, 11:17 AM
There are cockups and then there's this... :haha:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/10/kfc-apologises-for-kristallnacht-chicken-and-cheese-promotion

Wasn’t as good as their Holodomor Hunger meal deal special they did in Ukraine

Letters
11-11-2022, 12:16 PM
Winning :bow:

https://metro.co.uk/2022/11/11/putins-humiliation-complete-after-russian-troops-fully-leave-kherson-17742654

Letters
11-11-2022, 04:57 PM
https://www.politico.eu/article/cockpit-caper-us-jet-draws-sky-penis-russia-base/

:d

WMUG
13-11-2022, 10:40 AM
Went on the Elizabeth line for the first time yesterday.

Holy shit it's good.

Trains :bow:

GP
13-11-2022, 01:33 PM
I like trains

Letters
13-11-2022, 01:55 PM
Aye, it is a good line. I mean, it had wanna be, but it is.

The Queen :bow: :rose:

WMUG
13-11-2022, 02:27 PM
I like trains

Deeply regretting not predicting that response from you in white text right now.

Xhaka Can’t
13-11-2022, 04:02 PM
Aye, it is a good line. I mean, it had wanna be, but it is.

The Queen :bow: :rose:
She’s with Pat now.

Xhaka Can’t
15-11-2022, 07:16 PM
Two dead after Russian missile attack against Poland.

This is unlikely to have been deliberate as it is near the border with Ukraine. However, it is a clear demonstration of the indiscriminate nature of Russian attacks and either deliberately or just not caring how many civilians they kill.

Ukraine is being made to fight Russia with one arm behind their backs by not being allowed to launch attacks against strategic targets on Russian soil. NATO is currently meeting to discuss this. An attack against one NATO country is an attack on us all.

HCZ_Reborn
15-11-2022, 07:36 PM
Two dead after Russian missile attack against Poland.

This is unlikely to have been deliberate as it is near the border with Ukraine. However, it is a clear demonstration of the indiscriminate nature of Russian attacks and either deliberately or just not caring how many civilians they kill.

Ukraine is being made to fight Russia with one arm behind their backs by not being allowed to launch attacks against strategic targets on Russian soil. NATO is currently meeting to discuss this. An attack against one NATO country is an attack on us all.

The irony is it probably was accidental, they took the blithe risk of it happening by attacking Lviv but a lot of these missiles they are firing are horrendously inaccurate when it comes to hitting their target

Xhaka Can’t
15-11-2022, 07:57 PM
Almost certainly accidental. The Russian military has given the world a masterclass in incompetence complemented by entirely misplaced hubris.

But it also demonstrates how they just don’t care whether they pound civilians.

They now need to be defeated so heavily they don’t even consider more, ‘special military operations’.

HCZ_Reborn
15-11-2022, 07:59 PM
Almost certainly accidental. The Russian military has given the world a masterclass in incompetence complemented by entirely misplaced hubris.

But it also demonstrates how they just don’t care whether they pound civilians.

They now need to be defeated so heavily they don’t even consider more, ‘special military operations’.

Oh for me the fact that it’s likely to be accidental almost makes me want the poles to invoke Article 5 anymore

I’m a firm believer that a no fly zone should have been established over Ukraine from the outset.

Xhaka Can’t
15-11-2022, 08:29 PM
Oh for me the fact that it’s likely to be accidental almost makes me want the poles to invoke Article 5 anymore

I’m a firm believer that a no fly zone should have been established over Ukraine from the outset.

If Poland wants to respond to this, depending on what for that takes, things could get significantly more dangerous. Doing nothing is also dangerous. While I do believe this to be an accident, there needs to be consequences for these accidents.

HCZ_Reborn
15-11-2022, 08:33 PM
If Poland wants to respond to this, depending on what for that takes, things could get significantly more dangerous. Doing nothing is also dangerous. While I do believe this to be an accident, there needs to be consequences for these accidents.

The situation is dangerous because we’ve been putting off the inevitable for years. People say do you want war with Russia and my answer we are already at war with Russia you’ve just not realised….they declared war on us sixteen years ago when they released a radioactive compound in London to assassinate one of their own citizens.

Everything we’ve done since then is to embolden them further through weakness. We should have expelled the Russian ambassador after Litvinenko

The Wengerbabies
15-11-2022, 09:06 PM
False flag to draw NATO in?

HCZ_Reborn
15-11-2022, 09:15 PM

It’s a false flag to draw your mum in

Xhaka Can’t
15-11-2022, 10:31 PM
The situation is dangerous because we’ve been putting off the inevitable for years. People say do you want war with Russia and my answer we are already at war with Russia you’ve just not realised….they declared war on us sixteen years ago when they released a radioactive compound in London to assassinate one of their own citizens.

Everything we’ve done since then is to embolden them further through weakness. We should have expelled the Russian ambassador after Litvinenko
We ended up taking the exact opposite approach. And it has developed just as you stated. Germany and the UK have a lot to answer for because we have been amongst Putin’s most effective enablers.

Globalgunner
16-11-2022, 07:17 AM

Its already proven to be a false flag.....as usual. Fragments of the debris show that it is from an s-300 air defence system, likely fired by Ukraine itself, either deliberately or in their haphazard attempts to shoot down incoming Russian projectiles. Even doddering Biden is walking back the Russian missile story

However on GW here the 101st chairborne brigade is itching for a fight. Ukraine is welcoming all sorts. Y`all need to sign up

Globalgunner
16-11-2022, 07:20 AM

You still believe those fairy tales?. None of it adds up?. The 2 Russians arrived by train in Salisbury...AFTER the 2 targets had already left home. Doorknob story is bullshit. Litvinenko is likely an inside job too.

Letters
16-11-2022, 07:32 AM
Oh holy shit. Is there any wacky conspiracy theory you won’t jump on?

Letters
16-11-2022, 07:38 AM
Its already proven to be a false flag....
No. It’s already been said that this is unlikely to have come from Russia,
Biden said it and it’s front page and centre on the BBC.
You’re so desperate to believe anything conspiratorial you’re mixing yourself up.
If this was a “false flag” - which is intended to deceive people into thinking Russia attacked Poland prompting international outrage and response, then why would people like Biden be saying it probably wasn’t from Russia the day fucking after and that being plastered all over the MSM? Aren’t they the ones supposed to be pushing the false flag narrative?
You’re tying yourself up in knots.

Xhaka Can’t
16-11-2022, 07:42 AM
Oh holy shit. Is there any wacky conspiracy theory you won’t jump on?

You know the answer to that.

It is an illness at this point.

HCZ_Reborn
16-11-2022, 12:43 PM
Its already proven to be a false flag.....as usual. Fragments of the debris show that it is from an s-300 air defence system, likely fired by Ukraine itself, either deliberately or in their haphazard attempts to shoot down incoming Russian projectiles. Even doddering Biden is walking back the Russian missile story

However on GW here the 101st chairborne brigade is itching for a fight. Ukraine is welcoming all sorts. Y`all need to sign up

You know I’m no expert but usually the deal with false flags is that the people seeking to benefit from it don’t announce what has Actually happened.

HCZ_Reborn
16-11-2022, 12:49 PM
You still believe those fairy tales?. None of it adds up?. The 2 Russians arrived by train in Salisbury...AFTER the 2 targets had already left home. Doorknob story is bullshit. Litvinenko is likely an inside job too.

Why would Litvinenko be an inside job ? What consequences did Russia incur as a result of his poisoning?. None…no sanctions, no diplomatic estrangement nothing. So if it’s an inside job, what did it achieve?.

Globalgunner
16-11-2022, 01:32 PM
You know I’m no expert but usually the deal with false flags is that the people seeking to benefit from it don’t announce what has Actually happened.

Yep. That would exclude Liz Truss telling Blinken, "Its done" minutes after the Russian pipelines were blown

However we all know that it was actually the Russians that blew their own pipeline

Xhaka Can’t
16-11-2022, 01:33 PM
Don’t forget the harvesting of babies’ organs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Globalgunner
16-11-2022, 01:35 PM
Why would Litvinenko be an inside job ? What consequences did Russia incur as a result of his poisoning?. None…no sanctions, no diplomatic estrangement nothing. So if it’s an inside job, what did it achieve?.

Its narrative building, the plan to destroy Russia has a long time been in the making. Make them baddies but make them also incompetent. They are wicked assassins who actually cant kill any of their targets. Poor old Navalny was so scared of assassination that he walked back in to the arms of Putin.

Perfidious Albion has a long history of perfidy

Xhaka Can’t
16-11-2022, 01:46 PM
I don’t know about that, they seem to be pretty lethal with the use of windows and tall buildings.

Here is a truth - you don’t give a fuck about the truth. Being wrong, being continually shown to be wrong with posts that age quicker than milk in 40 degree sunshine.

None of that matters to you, because there is always the narrative. The shifting narrative.

It’s a sickness. And you’re twisted by it.

Globalgunner
16-11-2022, 01:56 PM
It amuses me that I get you so pent up. "Dont worry, Be happy"

Best to ignore what upsets you. "Live long and prosper"

Xhaka Can’t
16-11-2022, 02:28 PM
It amuses me that you post like someone in their mother’s basement.

Globalgunner
16-11-2022, 02:36 PM
It amuses me that you post like someone in their mother’s basement.

Ooh. Low down and dirty!. You need to step up your game. School yard bitching is not witty repartee

Xhaka Can’t
16-11-2022, 03:01 PM
The US is desperate to avoid conflict with Russia, so they’ve cooked up a narrative claiming its a stray defence missile.

Source: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pull_out_of_one%27s_ass

The Wengerbabies
16-11-2022, 03:19 PM
Looks like it was Ukraine. Poland to invoke article 5 against Ukraine?

Xhaka Can’t
16-11-2022, 03:29 PM
If Russia were to get some missiles back their way, they may not be so brazen with their missile attacks on innocent civilians. The US has to stop making Ukraine fight with one are tied behind their backs. Let Ukraine attack Russian targets on Russian soil.

Globalgunner
16-11-2022, 06:39 PM
The US is desperate to avoid conflict with Russia, so they’ve cooked up a narrative claiming its a stray defence missile.

Source: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pull_out_of_one%27s_ass

Gen Milley Head of Joint Chiefs is urging dialogue. He obviously doesnt know as much about war as the Chikenhawks on GW. Lets go fight some Rooskies, it will be fun, except it wont.

Democrats on their usual war grift. Hope no one here was dumb enough to buy into FTX...Biden and Nancy were using it to launder their billions sent to Ukraine. Ukraine used it to buy Crypto and the aptly named FTX CEO Bankman-Fried was converting it to currency and making millions in donations to the Democrats.

Perpetual war is the game. Unfortunately Russia aint playing nice

Niall_Quinn
16-11-2022, 11:09 PM
Is it time to arrest the mainstream media?

Obviously, and anyone with half a brain can figure it out (or at least listen to somebody other than the foreign bloke who is posing as our PM), the Russians didn't attack Poland. I mean - for fuck's sake? What's the baseline for some people?

But the media is still pushing the Russian missile thing. They might be disguising their intent with words like "alleged", but it's obvious what they are trying to do. And if they succeed we all die.

So wouldn't it be sensible to arrest them? They are trying to kill millions of people. A crime by any measure.

Niall_Quinn
16-11-2022, 11:16 PM
Looks like it was Ukraine. Poland to invoke article 5 against Ukraine?

You don't understand propaganda if you think equivalency will be applied.

Reality isn't on the agenda. Only stupid leaders and stupid people lapping it up. I'm not afraid of Russian missiles. I'm afraid of how easy it is to pull the wool over seemingly sensible eyes. Some of the comments on this thread are so ignorant it makes me gasp for air. But they believe it. They really do.

You are shouting into a storm so vehement the truth is a fallen leaf.

I tried to educate these people too, but that's not their ambition. Quite the contrary.

Xhaka Can’t
16-11-2022, 11:24 PM
Gen Milley Head of Joint Chiefs is urging dialogue. He obviously doesnt know as much about war as the Chikenhawks on GW. Lets go fight some Rooskies, it will be fun, except it wont.

Democrats on their usual war grift. Hope no one here was dumb enough to buy into FTX...Biden and Nancy were using it to launder their billions sent to Ukraine. Ukraine used it to buy Crypto and the aptly named FTX CEO Bankman-Fried was converting it to currency and making millions in donations to the Democrats.

Perpetual war is the game. Unfortunately Russia aint playing nice

I could be wrong, but not one person here has advocated fighting the Russians. So if you could provide details, that would be swell.

Niall_Quinn
16-11-2022, 11:27 PM
I could be wrong, but not one person here has advocated fighting the Russians. So if you could provide details, that would be swell.

How coy.

The media was screaming about Russian missile for a whole week.

The 101st Airborne had their cocks out on the border with CNN sucking furiously.

And in the house of "representatives" (now that's comedy for you), we have bunker invited cunts telling us the only way to end this is to literally end it all.

Are you serious?

Why the great pretence? What's in it for you? Or do you do this voluntarily?

Xhaka Can’t
16-11-2022, 11:30 PM

Obviously, and anyone with half a brain can figure it out (or at least listen to somebody other than the foreign bloke who is posing as our PM), the Russians didn't attack Poland. I mean - for fuck's sake? What's the baseline for some people?

But the media is still pushing the Russian missile thing. They might be disguising their intent with words like "alleged", but it's obvious what they are trying to do. And if they succeed we all die.

So wouldn't it be sensible to arrest them? They are trying to kill millions of people. A crime by any measure.

Without knowing the full details, and don’t pretend you have some knowledge we don’t about the Poland missile. Let’s just say that Russia doesnt pepper Ukrainian civilians with missiles. Does a air defence missile land in Poland? Probably not.

Niall_Quinn
16-11-2022, 11:33 PM
Without knowing the full details, and don’t pretend you have some knowledge we don’t about the Poland missile. Let’s just say that Russia doesnt pepper Ukrainian civilians with missiles. Does a air defence missile land in Poland? Probably not.

I have a brain. Is that enough?

Xhaka Can’t
16-11-2022, 11:36 PM
How coy.

The media was screaming about Russian missile for a whole week.

The 101st Airborne had their cocks out on the border with CNN sucking furiously.

And in the house of "representatives" (now that's comedy for you), we have bunker invited cunts telling us the only way to end this is to literally end it all.

Are you serious?

Why the great pretence? What's in it for you? Or do you do this voluntarily?

Slow down, take a breathe and re-read the context of the post. I was replying to GG saying that GW members wanted to fight the Russians. I don’t recall anyone from GW (not the media or US HoR) wanting to fight the Russians.

Who in their right minds would want to fight the Russians? We see the devastation that entails every day in Ukraine.

Niall_Quinn
16-11-2022, 11:37 PM
Can't you even bring yourself to ask - why would Russia fire a missile into Poland?

Do you have enough information available to track it through?

At what point do you snap back to what you were before you became an acolyte of the media message?

Xhaka Can’t
16-11-2022, 11:40 PM
I have a brain. Is that enough?

No, that answer isn’t enough. You have a brain, you’re a smart person. But you also have a temper and that sends you off on tangents and drawing ridiculous conclusions that completely misrepresent those you talk to here.

Is it as likely, that an air defence missile lands on Polish soil if there are no missiles to defend against?

Niall_Quinn
16-11-2022, 11:40 PM
Slow down, take a breathe and re-read the context of the post. I was replying to GG saying that GW members wanted to fight the Russians. I don’t recall anyone from GW (not the media or US HoR) wanting to fight the Russians.

Who in their right minds would want to fight the Russians? We see the devastation that entails every day in Ukraine.

My mistake. Apologies. And thank fuck, because I was in despair that even sensible people had bought into this shit.

I read a few of the comments from the usual suspects and imply couldn't believe what I was reading. So I wrapped your post up in that trashcan.

Proving I'm not as attentive as I think I am and subject to emotion like everyone else. Lesson learned.

Niall_Quinn
16-11-2022, 11:42 PM
No, that answer isn’t enough. You have a brain, you’re a smart person. But you also have a temper and that sends you off on tangents and drawing ridiculous conclusions that completely misrepresent those you talk to here.

Is it as likely, that an air defence missile lands on Polish soil if there are no missiles to defend against?

I don't want a nuclear war.

Is that enough?

Are you reading some of these posts? I mean what the fuck?

And I don't even consider GW to be Millennial spectrum. There are thicker people out there.

Xhaka Can’t
16-11-2022, 11:45 PM
Can't you even bring yourself to ask - why would Russia fire a missile into Poland?

Do you have enough information available to track it through?

At what point do you snap back to what you were before you became an acolyte of the media message?

I thought it insane when it happened, my first reaction was it was most likely an accident. Only it was on the part of Ukraine. Accidents happen in pressured situations - like when your country is getting pepper sprayed by missiles from a lunatic aggressor that doesnt give a fuck about civilian casualties.

Xhaka Can’t
16-11-2022, 11:49 PM
I don't want a nuclear war.

Is that enough?

Are you reading some of these posts? I mean what the fuck?

And I don't even consider GW to be Millennial spectrum. There are thicker people out there.
I don’t want a nuclear war. There is no need for a nuclear war. Russia could end this by just fucking off back to their own country. It is that simple. Tens of thousands have already lost their lives. This includes Russian lives - none of whom would’ve lost their lives if they were on Russian soil. Not a single one.

Niall_Quinn
16-11-2022, 11:52 PM
I know people who fought in the Falklands, Iraq and Afghanistan. I listen to them. They explain war very well. They tell me that they hardly ever knew what the fuck was going on beyond their immediate circumstances and that orders related to their immediate circumstance often arrived several days later.

On the ground - ANYTHING can happen.

In the wine bars back at home where policy is made, we need policy maker to have cool and collected heads and are prepared to listen before they speak. It's vital. Otherwise it can all spiral out of control without anyone being at the helm.

Talk to a soldier and ask about the reality.

Leaders deal in strategy, generals deal in tactics and soldiers deal in reality. The first trails the next which is several steps behind the last.

The fact it was called a "Russian missile" tells you everything you need to know bout our "leaders". These are stupid, immoral and disconnected people. A joke, if the stakes were not so serious.

Yet everyone hangs on the words from these ignoramouses.

Niall_Quinn
16-11-2022, 11:59 PM
I thought it insane when it happened, my first reaction was it was most likely an accident. Only it was on the part of Ukraine. Accidents happen in pressured situations - like when your country is getting pepper sprayed by missiles from a lunatic aggressor that doesnt give a fuck about civilian casualties.

Too much western media in that response I'm afraid.

You can't have it both ways.

Either the Russians are incompetent and losing. (the mainstream media fantasy)

Of they were waging a police action which doesn't permit all out aggression (see Russian parliamentary transcripts - banned from the UK in case we see them).

But now it is a war. And so comes winter. Crime and the Donbas is secure. Elections have been held. The Azov Battalion is DEAD. Which part don't you comprehend?

You should counterbalance your reading of CBS with something at least grasping for a finger-hold on reality.

Xhaka Can’t
17-11-2022, 12:15 AM

Of they were waging a police action which doesn't permit all out aggression (see Russian parliamentary transcripts - banned from the UK in case we see them).

But now it is a war. And so comes winter. Crime and the Donbas is secure. Elections have been held. The Azov Battalion is DEAD. Which part don't you comprehend?

You should counterbalance your reading of CBS with something at least grasping for a finger-hold on reality.

It’s a war because Russia attacked a sovereign country and that country is defending themselves. The fucking nerve of the Ukrainians.

And, yeah, the Russians have been inept, they severely underestimated the level of resistance they would face. Also, “police action”? That is funny - since when did a police action involve the targeting and slaughter of a civilian population - in a country that posed no danger to Russia.

Now we’ve got Baltic states in NATO that want to use any excuse to attack Russia now they are under the NATO umbrella.

Niall_Quinn
17-11-2022, 12:16 AM
It’s a war because Russia attacked a sovereign country and that country is defending themselves. The fucking nerve of the Ukrainians.

And, yeah, the Russians have been inept, they severely underestimated the level of resistance they would face. Also, “police action”? That is funny - since when did a police action involve the targeting and slaughter of a civilian population - in a country that posed no danger to Russia.

Now we’ve got Baltic states in NATO that want to use any excuse to attack Russia now they are under the NATO umbrella.

Okay

Niall_Quinn
17-11-2022, 12:17 AM

Vietnam.

When we do it...

Niall_Quinn
17-11-2022, 12:19 AM
They "posed no danger to Russia" makes me believe you think this war is between Ukraine and Russia, instead of between "Russia" and Goldman Sachs. But surely you couldn't think that?

Niall_Quinn
17-11-2022, 12:22 AM
Have a read of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grand_Chessboard

He's the nutter whose spawn now haunts morning TV in the US.

It's all inherited and regurgitated.

If you are getting ANY of your news from the western media then you know precisely nothing about everything.

Xhaka Can’t
17-11-2022, 12:23 AM
Vietnam.

When we do it...
Yeah, forgive me for my passionate defence of the Vietnam war.

Xhaka Can’t
17-11-2022, 12:37 AM
I’m off to bed - the board is all yours.

Letters
17-11-2022, 09:11 AM
:lol:

Letters
17-11-2022, 10:01 AM
Well, that's not a person. Should we also arrest Twitter or the moon? Sorry, that was a somewhat flippant start to what is supposed to be a more serious post.
So let's start again here:

But the media is still pushing the Russian missile thing. They might be disguising their intent with words like "alleged", but it's obvious what they are trying to do.
Are they, though? Yes, the initial report on the BBC was about a Russian missile. Literally the next morning they led with Biden saying it probably wasn't Russian. :shrug:
This morning there was an article on the BBC with the headline "Ukraine war: Kyiv not to blame for Poland missile - Zelensky".
It's basically Zelensky saying "it wasn't me" and is full of quotes from people saying they're pretty sure it wasn't from Russia and that Ukraine is the more likely source.
So are the media really pushing it? I pick the BBC because it's a source I look at a lot and one you have a particular distain for.

The idea that it was a Russian missile was an obvious initial conclusion, given that it's Russia who have been peppering Ukraine with missiles. And I'm not just saying that because the BBC told me, a colleague is from Ukraine. He lives in Poland but his family are back in Kyiv and he's been telling me bits about the reality on the ground. But they didn't persist with the idea of it being a Russian missile when more

You do have a brain, but you also have extreme biases and a worldview which makes you jump to wrong conclusions a lot.
You have an extreme suspicion of authority which makes you see nefarious motives where they don't always exist.
I've been through examples multiple times so let's not go round that loop again.

You said you've tried to educate "these people". The way to do that is not to strut around saying you know more about things than us idiots (even if that's true).
If you know stuff we don't - and that's certainly true on this topic, I'd be the first to admit my ignorance of all the geopolitical history of Ukraine and Russia - then cool, so explain stuff and ideally provide sources to back things up.
Just calling people who don't see things your way stupid isn't going to engage people.

The Wengerbabies
17-11-2022, 10:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20BEJouWBgY

Cunts, the lot of them!

Niall_Quinn
17-11-2022, 10:27 AM
You do have a brain, but you also have extreme biases and a worldview which makes you jump to wrong conclusions a lot.

It's glorious. Super entertaining.

A fully erect defence of the BBC and their "obvious initial conclusion" followed up by a criticism of my tendency to jump to conclusions.

I love it.

Letters
17-11-2022, 10:34 AM
It's glorious. Super entertaining.

A fully erect defence of the BBC and their "obvious initial conclusion" followed up by a criticism of my tendency to jump to conclusions.

I love it.

You said:

But the media is still pushing the Russian missile thing

This is not true. Well, it's certainly not true on the BBC. Is it elsewhere?
And the difference is even if it was the BBC "jumping to conclusions", they almost immediately corrected that as new information came in.
You jump to conclusions and then refuse to acknowledge you were wrong even when shown to be conclusively.

Ollie the Optimist
17-11-2022, 07:13 PM

I find it amazing that given the amount of times you stated the US election was fraudulent etc that you just seemingly accept the russian sham elections held in Donbas etc as completely fair and free.

The russians are incompetent and losing when it comes to their military. They have lost more men then in their entire campagin in Afghan and more equipment. They have now lost cities that they won back in march. We have seen videos of the russian army being completely useless as their tanks etc are blown up by Ukrainians.

And if you really want to go further and believe everything Russia say, their equipment is even worse then we think given the amount of times ammutions explode and sink their flagship or blow up bridges in crimea etc.

Mac76
17-11-2022, 11:42 PM
You do have a brain

I dispute that

Niall_Quinn
18-11-2022, 03:46 AM
You said:

This is not true. Well, it's certainly not true on the BBC. Is it elsewhere?
And the difference is even if it was the BBC "jumping to conclusions", they almost immediately corrected that as new information came in.
You jump to conclusions and then refuse to acknowledge you were wrong even when shown to be conclusively.

LOL

Bet you always win at Twister.

Niall_Quinn
18-11-2022, 03:47 AM
I find it amazing that given the amount of times you stated the US election was fraudulent etc that you just seemingly accept the russian sham elections held in Donbas etc as completely fair and free.

The russians are incompetent and losing when it comes to their military. They have lost more men then in their entire campagin in Afghan and more equipment. They have now lost cities that they won back in march. We have seen videos of the russian army being completely useless as their tanks etc are blown up by Ukrainians.

And if you really want to go further and believe everything Russia say, their equipment is even worse then we think given the amount of times ammutions explode and sink their flagship or blow up bridges in crimea etc.

Ollie, bed time.

Letters
18-11-2022, 08:48 AM
LOL

Bet you always win at Twister.

Yeah. Keep going with the non-answers and trying to deviate from the point.
That'll probably disguise the fact that your original claim was demonstrably untrue.

Letters
18-11-2022, 11:59 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63672307

Musk is proper cray-cray.

Is his next press release just going to be "Mwaaahahahahaaa!"

Ollie the Optimist
18-11-2022, 03:55 PM
Yep. That would exclude Liz Truss telling Blinken, "Its done" minutes after the Russian pipelines were blown

However we all know that it was actually the Russians that blew their own pipeline

The hack on Liz Truss’ phone was discovered back in july so why would she be texting something like that to the US on a phone that htey knew was compromised?

Probably because its complete bollocks but as usual, you believe any old conspiracy theory

Letters
18-11-2022, 04:00 PM
Probably because its complete bollocks but as usual, you believe any old conspiracy theory

Hey, that's not true! He believes a load of new conspiracy theories too ##

Niall_Quinn
19-11-2022, 09:45 PM
Yeah. Keep going with the non-answers and trying to deviate from the point.
That'll probably disguise the fact that your original claim was demonstrably untrue.

Look at him go!

His mainstream media has only recovered from their latest blatant batch of lies, so our hero acknowledges the issue by blaming anyone who points this out as trying to distract.

His capacity for deceit is singular.

YOUR bible told us it was a Russian missile. At a time when NATO is butting heads with Russia. And yet we have to tolerate the crooks in government bleating about controlling "dangerous" misinformation (aka, information that exposes them).

But I get it. You forgive them. Like you forgave them for WMD and the hundreds of thousands dead.

Just wondering. Is there a body count you'd be uncomfortable with? Or is that not one of those things that crosses your mind?

Please lecture me some more about the truth.

Niall_Quinn
19-11-2022, 09:50 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63672307

Musk is proper cray-cray.

Is his next press release just going to be "Mwaaahahahahaaa!"

LOL.

The BBC said so, so we do.

You must have missed the gloating videos of Twitter "employees" wandering around their safe spaces and operating their cappuccino machines before hitting the gym. That's where the old government pay-offs for compliance come in real handy. But now Musk is the bad boy. The money has dried up and he's asking the impossible of his hard pressed decorative staff. He's asking them to work for a living. Oh no. Has it come to that?

And he's locked the offices because the poor little angels who are feeling it worst have threatened to sabotage what they already sabotaged years ago. Considering their productivity hasn't decreased a jot by locking them out, it's a smart move. Next move, sack them for good.

#LearnToCode

Niall_Quinn
19-11-2022, 09:54 PM
Of course there is ONE story about Musk that casts him in a bad light, considering his claims. But you don't seem to have noticed that one. I wonder why?

I'm only kidding. I know exactly why.

HCZ_Reborn
20-11-2022, 02:01 PM
LOL.

The BBC said so, so we do.

You must have missed the gloating videos of Twitter "employees" wandering around their safe spaces and operating their cappuccino machines before hitting the gym. That's where the old government pay-offs for compliance come in real handy. But now Musk is the bad boy. The money has dried up and he's asking the impossible of his hard pressed decorative staff. He's asking them to work for a living. Oh no. Has it come to that?

And he's locked the offices because the poor little angels who are feeling it worst have threatened to sabotage what they already sabotaged years ago. Considering their productivity hasn't decreased a jot by locking them out, it's a smart move. Next move, sack them for good.

#LearnToCode

Isn’t the issue that this is being appraised from a moral angle, we are looking for heroes and villains

Where as the best way to look at this would be at how efficacious it is

More and more my mind is making a connection between Musk and Brian Clough going to Leeds. Musk like Clough had very definite opinions about the place he was taking over prior to taking over and that is always going to create a level of resistance. Whilst movies and tv programs love the idea of the maverick who has come to shake things up and turn things around in a short space of time, the reality is often more dull and piecemeal.

Musk seemed to know what he wanted to do, but have almost no idea of how he wanted to do it. The idea of turning the blue tick into a subscriber thing is the kind of back of a fag packet idea that should stay there. The blue tick was there to verify identity (and yes to a degree confer status)

On top of that if you sack half your staff and then tell the other half you expect them to do hardcore hours, you can’t act surprised when they tell you to go fuck your self and quit. Coding isn’t as complicated as is made out, but it’s a very long, frustrating and laborious process but there’s plenty of demand for such services so apart from anything else Musk had zero leverage on his side and why he will almost certainly end up having to swallow his pride and back track.

The main difference between Tesla and Twitter is that Tesla is his baby he grew it from the ground up, where as Twitter he is an outsider coming in to a working culture that he seems not to understand. And whilst he’s absolutely free to say “listen fuckos it’s my way or the highway” given that he’s had to borrow a lot of money to make the purchase, it’s probably not the smartest move in a business sense

Letters
21-11-2022, 10:07 AM
His mainstream media has only recovered from their latest blatant batch of lies, so our hero acknowledges the issue by blaming anyone who points this out as trying to distract.
You weren't "pointing anything out". You were lying.

You said "the media is still pushing the Russian missile thing". You said that at 11pm on the 16th.
That was a lie. I can prove it was a lie because the posts are there in this thread. As I noted at half 7 that morning:

"It’s already been said that this is unlikely to have come from Russia,
Biden said it and it’s front page and centre on the BBC."

Yes, the initial reports were that the missile came from Russia. So that's what was reported.
It very quickly became clear that was almost certainly not the case and that was reported too. Literally early the next morning after the attack,
So your claim at 11pm that evening that the mainstream media was "still pushing the Russian missile thing" was untrue and you know it was.

It's that lie which I am pointing out and you are now trying to distract from.
Once again your extreme distrust of the "mainstream" led you to see things which just weren't there.

Niall_Quinn
22-11-2022, 08:38 AM
And to prove the point I just made, he opens his mouth again.

With a bonus that demonstrates what I have pointed out for a while. The BBC is his bible. He sees no evil and hears no evil, even as his puppet master speaks it.

Niall_Quinn
22-11-2022, 08:44 AM
Isn’t the issue that this is being appraised from a moral angle, we are looking for heroes and villains

Where as the best way to look at this would be at how efficacious it is

More and more my mind is making a connection between Musk and Brian Clough going to Leeds. Musk like Clough had very definite opinions about the place he was taking over prior to taking over and that is always going to create a level of resistance. Whilst movies and tv programs love the idea of the maverick who has come to shake things up and turn things around in a short space of time, the reality is often more dull and piecemeal.

Musk seemed to know what he wanted to do, but have almost no idea of how he wanted to do it. The idea of turning the blue tick into a subscriber thing is the kind of back of a fag packet idea that should stay there. The blue tick was there to verify identity (and yes to a degree confer status)

On top of that if you sack half your staff and then tell the other half you expect them to do hardcore hours, you can’t act surprised when they tell you to go fuck your self and quit. Coding isn’t as complicated as is made out, but it’s a very long, frustrating and laborious process but there’s plenty of demand for such services so apart from anything else Musk had zero leverage on his side and why he will almost certainly end up having to swallow his pride and back track.

The main difference between Tesla and Twitter is that Tesla is his baby he grew it from the ground up, where as Twitter he is an outsider coming in to a working culture that he seems not to understand. And whilst he’s absolutely free to say “listen fuckos it’s my way or the highway” given that he’s had to borrow a lot of money to make the purchase, it’s probably not the smartest move in a business sense

Maybe Musk has figured out the true value of "money". But the initial topic was about our friend Pinocchio dancing to #TheNextThing. He obviously gets alerts to his inbox.

HCZ_Reborn
22-11-2022, 08:57 AM
Well your squabbles with him are really none of my concern

Im a consummate Twitter user and the difference between Dorsey and Musk is negligible

Either way the terms of service and how it’s applied tend to be very western centric. For example stating biological verities bad, threatening “apostates” in Arabic and Urdu….good

Letters
22-11-2022, 10:45 AM
And to prove the point I just made.
You didn't make a point.
You're just desperately flailing around trying to avoid the fact you got caught in a lie :)

Letters
23-11-2022, 07:18 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63724716

We need more guns tbh

Mac76
23-11-2022, 12:46 PM
RIP Wilko Johnson :( :rose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsp8lHahm0k

GP
23-11-2022, 03:08 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63724716

We need more guns tbh

Thoughts and prayers

HCZ_Reborn
23-11-2022, 03:14 PM
RIP Wilko Johnson :( :rose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsp8lHahm0k

Eeeeeeessssseesseeeeeexxxxxxx lad

And as I’m from Essex I can get away with such blatant racism

Letters
25-11-2022, 12:23 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63754702

Rather him than Trump.

HCZ_Reborn
25-11-2022, 07:02 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63754702

Rather him than Trump.

Dunno much of a muchness really

Letters
26-11-2022, 09:37 PM
Lesley Joseph, Rob Rinder and Paul Chuckle.

The 3 stars of the pantomime at Milton Keynes this year.
MO, you know what to do…

The Wengerbabies
27-11-2022, 08:01 PM
https://news.sky.com/story/london-stabbings-murders-of-two-16-year-old-boys-believed-to-be-linked-say-police-12756524

Another day in Sadick Khan'ts London.

But don't worry he's going to be taxing you more for personal freedom.

Letters
29-11-2022, 10:55 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63792408

Me :pal:

HCZ_Reborn
29-11-2022, 01:59 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63792408

Me :pal:

Whilst the rise in Muzzas is disturbing over a ten year period (unless Islam is reformed you desirably want fewer)
It’s not quite the exponential rise that leads commentators to believe we will be an Islamic republic by 2050.

HCZ_Reborn
30-11-2022, 06:22 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63810468

I have to admit I thought the whole “yeah but where are you really from?” thing was a bit of a myth

If someone wants to tell you their ethnic background it’s up to them really, and it’s a bit rude

However 83 year old woman who lives in a system where you mainly ask people “what do you do?” And “where are you from?” In between cutting ribbons….it’s probably time she retired anyway, but hardly crime of the century.

Niall_Quinn
30-11-2022, 10:21 PM
You didn't make a point.
You're just desperately flailing around trying to avoid the fact you got caught in a lie :)

I want everyone else to take a good look at this guy and the way he operates. Just FYI and as an example of why we are all in so much shit right now, as a species.

His BBC rushes out bullshit about Russian missiles, while posing as an authoritative new site. No fact checking. No investigative journalism. Nothing - just the rush to publish on the back of an anonymous source at the Pentagon. Third-hand sources in effect, because Reuters and AP got it from a single, unverified source and the BBC (plus a hundred other "authoritative" sources) just go with it. Headline news.

Then the ACTUAL facts emerge and the "Authoritative" media does a 180 without hint of apology. All of this on a subject that teeters on the brink of species annihilation. So, you know, significant stuff.

Then you get this character. This "Letters" person. Who claims anyone who calls out his mainstream bullshit is a liar for remarking on how unreliable and unprofessional his go-to world view provider really is.

Then he claims Jimmy Dore is "outed" and unreliable because (as per his false claim) he once got something wrong.

Iraqi weapons of mass destruction - anyone?

Hunter Biden's laptop?

Coronavirus?

911?

Kennedy?

Vietnam?

The BBC? And the rest.

You see this character defending them t all costs?

Look at him with impartial eyes. Him and his kind, they are mindlessly dangerous. Anything can become acceptable when characters like this are in a majority.

And they are.

Niall_Quinn
30-11-2022, 10:25 PM
Well your squabbles with him are really none of my concern

Im a consummate Twitter user and the difference between Dorsey and Musk is negligible

Either way the terms of service and how it’s applied tend to be very western centric. For example stating biological verities bad, threatening “apostates” in Arabic and Urdu….good

He's becoming ever more significant, isn't he? This goes beyond Trump and somewhere new. Their quiet little "non-Muggle" world is being exposed because it has become unsustainable through the sheer greed and immorality that built and sustained it. When they turn on each other you know things are about to get real.

Mind you, the majority still won't accept Nirvana is a myth and that stink is not perfume.

Letters
01-12-2022, 09:16 AM
His BBC rushes out bullshit about Russian missiles, while posing as an authoritative new site. No fact checking. No investigative journalism. Nothing - just the rush to publish on the back of an anonymous source at the Pentagon. Third-hand sources in effect, because Reuters and AP got it from a single, unverified source and the BBC (plus a hundred other "authoritative" sources) just go with it. Headline news.
Then the ACTUAL facts emerge and the "Authoritative" media does a 180 without hint of apology. All of this on a subject that teeters on the brink of species annihilation. So, you know, significant stuff.
This is all valid criticism. Should news sources rush to report things before all the facts are established? You might think that's an obvious "no", I guess the argument from the BBC would be that in these days of rolling news if they don't report it then everyone else will. And stories are always amended and updated as facts emerge, people are used to that style of reporting now.
That may not be a very good argument, but I guess that's why they do it. In your mind maybe you think they're intending to mislead, but if that was the case why update the story at all?
And come on, dude. Do you really think that someone is going to "press the button" because the BBC reported something? If anything it's the other way around, the MSM are reporting the reasons being given for pushing the button, like they did with the Iraq Dossier. You mention that a lot on here, you act like the BBC or MSM wrote it. They just reported it, and when it was found to be a load of horseshit they reported that too.

Who claims anyone who calls out his mainstream bullshit is a liar for remarking on how unreliable and unprofessional his go-to world view provider really is.
No. I said you were a liar because you posted that the mainstream media were "still" peddling the thing about a Russian missile and you did so more than 12 hours after they had reported Biden's remarks saying it was very unlikely to have been from Russia. Then when I pointed that out - and again, the posts are in this thread - you just double downed. You make some valid criticisms above, you don't need to make stuff up.

Then he claims Jimmy Dore is "outed" and unreliable because (as per his false claim) he once got something wrong.
False claim? In the video he deliberately quoted parts of an article out of context and at one point he actually added something to a quote to make it sound like the article said the exact opposite of what it actually said.
Isn't that the sort of shit you usually hammer the MSM for?
This isn't an opinion, I went through it in some detail at the time, cross referencing the Dore video with the actual article.

You see this character defending them t all costs?
Except I'm not doing that. We have this argument about multiple topics. How are you not understanding this? Things are rarely all bad or all good.
You can think the MSM are generally bad and also not think that everything they do is bad.
I'm not defending them "at all costs". If you're going to deride the MSM as unreliable then don't just make stuff up. Don't claim the media are "still" doing something more than 12 hours after they had updated the original story as facts emerged. I mean, maybe some MSM outlets were doing what you claimed in which case provide some examples, but you didn't. So I called you out on that.

The fact they reported it initially and then had to correct it as more facts emerged - well OK, that's a valid criticism we can have a sensible conversation about.
But if you're just going to make stuff up then it doesn't help that conversation.

Letters
01-12-2022, 11:44 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63810468

I have to admit I thought the whole “yeah but where are you really from?” thing was a bit of a myth

If someone wants to tell you their ethnic background it’s up to them really, and it’s a bit rude

However 83 year old woman who lives in a system where you mainly ask people “what do you do?” And “where are you from?” In between cutting ribbons….it’s probably time she retired anyway, but hardly crime of the century.

I don't think it's rude to ask someone where their family is from originally if it's pretty clear that they have some other cultural heritage.
It's not something I'd lead with though and obviously it depends how you do it.
"Where are you really from" is a bit crass. But yes, there is a generation thing here too.

Letters
01-12-2022, 01:01 PM
...and a Happy New Year :unsure:

https://metro.co.uk/2022/12/01/kentucky-tree-surgeon-falls-into-wood-chipper-by-christmas-lights-17859166

Holy shit!

The Wengerbabies
01-12-2022, 03:58 PM
I don't think it's rude to ask someone where their family is from originally if it's pretty clear that they have some other cultural heritage.
"Where are you really from" is a bit crass. But yes, there is a generation thing here too.

Apparently this bint was wearing some traditional African garb, what did she expect?

Either way get rid of them all.

Letters
01-12-2022, 04:05 PM
Who died and made you Prince Philip?
Oh right, it was Prince Philip. Carry on.

The Wengerbabies
01-12-2022, 10:08 PM
Lol turns out her name isn't even Ngolo Fugazi or whatever tf she calls herself, it's Marlene Headley so she's appropriating African culture and her charity only supports black women, who is the racist?

But no it's current year we must be outraged, old white people are bad.

HCZ_Reborn
02-12-2022, 12:38 AM

Again it totally depends how you ask the question. If you ask someone and they say London…it’s probably time to end that particular line of enquiry because they clearly consider themselves British first and foremost and we are quick enough to criticise people for not integrating.

I’ve found out a lot of peoples ethnic origins simply by knowing when to make observations and make it seem like I’m interested.
I think people do like accusing other people of racism because it makes them feel superior, but this old bag was being bloody rude to this woman (who also by the sound of it seems like a prat). The problem is we live in a society where this kind of respect for diversity is taught punitively…I’ve attended Diversity courses where even those running the course admit that calling everyone racist, sexist, homophobic etc just gets peoples backs up…and if you want to encourage people to adapt their behaviour, you have to offer positive incentives to do so.
Ultimately rule of thumb is the key, if I work out someone is not going to be comfortable with my visceral language…I don’t use it around them.

Letters
02-12-2022, 09:00 AM
I'm more likely to enquire about someone's "origins" if I detect an accent. There's a dude at work - he's black but from his accent I'm pretty sure he grew up here. Chelsea fan, so we have occasional bantz about that.
I recently discovered (via a 3rd party) he originates from Senegal. But because he's got an English accent I've never really asked him.
But if someone has "an accent" I'm more likely to, if only to see if I guessed right as some Eastern European ones I can't distinguish. While we're here, I can't tell the difference between Sunderland and Newcastle. I got that wrong with a mum at the school gates :shrug:

HCZ_Reborn
02-12-2022, 09:21 AM
I'm more likely to enquire about someone's "origins" if I detect an accent. There's a dude at work - he's black but from his accent I'm pretty sure he grew up here. Chelsea fan, so we have occasional bantz about that.
I recently discovered (via a 3rd party) he originates from Senegal. But because he's got an English accent I've never really asked him.
But if someone has "an accent" I'm more likely to, if only to see if I guessed right as some Eastern European ones I can't distinguish. While we're here, I can't tell the difference between Sunderland and Newcastle. I got that wrong with a mum at the school gates :shrug:

Yeah well that sounds pretty much how I approach it

I think you’re starting to get people say “you shouldn’t ask people where they are from” to begin with.

If someone who is black works in my office and has a south English accent, I don’t tend to be that curious about his origin story to begin with. I don’t think it’s racist for people to be curious, but for me it’s one of those things where you can probably wait for them to tell you (or in your case find out from a third party).

It’s interesting because using the logic of some people, the Patrick Vieira chant would be racist (he comes from Senegal) but that’s more to do with the fact that Vieira himself heavily promoted his Senegalese background and he himself loved that chant (little too much in fact, he actually admitted it gave him a hard on…I hope he meant it figuratively)

If I saw woman dressed in full African garb and I was curious I’d ask about the cultural origins of the dress personally, but then I’m not an inbred nitwit like some of these families tied in with the royals.

But yeah accents are fair game, and I usually try to guess. Im good at spotting Polish, but Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria can’t quite discern.

People from the North East all sound like they have learning difficulties

Ollie the Optimist
02-12-2022, 02:26 PM
Lol turns out her name isn't even Ngolo Fugazi or whatever tf she calls herself, it's Marlene Headley so she's appropriating African culture and her charity only supports black women, who is the racist?

But no it's current year we must be outraged, old white people are bad.

I’m with you on this.

She says she is English and her parents are etc yet on all the interviews & photos I’ve seen of her she is in traditional African robes. If you dont identify as that and get angry if people ask if you are African, why wear it?

Not saying taht Lady Hussey should have said what she did or pushed as many times but this lady Ngolo Fugazi is also a proven liar. One of her interviews yesterday she was asked if she wrote a tweet accusing Meghan markles in laws of domestic abuse against her. She denied it but funnily enough, the tweet was still there.

HCZ_Reborn
03-12-2022, 01:34 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11498037/amp/Football-legend-Pele-moved-palliative-care-hospital.html

Doesn’t sound like he has much time left. Hope he’s able to slip away peacefully and painlessly as possible

Letters
03-12-2022, 02:29 PM
:(. That’s sad, but it sounds like he hasn’t been well for a while

Niall_Quinn
03-12-2022, 10:44 PM
This is all valid criticism. Should news sources rush to report things before all the facts are established? You might think that's an obvious "no", I guess the argument from the BBC would be that in these days of rolling news if they don't report it then everyone else will. And stories are always amended and updated as facts emerge, people are used to that style of reporting now.
That may not be a very good argument, but I guess that's why they do it. In your mind maybe you think they're intending to mislead, but if that was the case why update the story at all?
And come on, dude. Do you really think that someone is going to "press the button" because the BBC reported something? If anything it's the other way around, the MSM are reporting the reasons being given for pushing the button, like they did with the Iraq Dossier. You mention that a lot on here, you act like the BBC or MSM wrote it. They just reported it, and when it was found to be a load of horseshit they reported that too.

No. I said you were a liar because you posted that the mainstream media were "still" peddling the thing about a Russian missile and you did so more than 12 hours after they had reported Biden's remarks saying it was very unlikely to have been from Russia. Then when I pointed that out - and again, the posts are in this thread - you just double downed. You make some valid criticisms above, you don't need to make stuff up.

False claim? In the video he deliberately quoted parts of an article out of context and at one point he actually added something to a quote to make it sound like the article said the exact opposite of what it actually said.
Isn't that the sort of shit you usually hammer the MSM for?
This isn't an opinion, I went through it in some detail at the time, cross referencing the Dore video with the actual article.

Except I'm not doing that. We have this argument about multiple topics. How are you not understanding this? Things are rarely all bad or all good.
You can think the MSM are generally bad and also not think that everything they do is bad.
I'm not defending them "at all costs". If you're going to deride the MSM as unreliable then don't just make stuff up. Don't claim the media are "still" doing something more than 12 hours after they had updated the original story as facts emerged. I mean, maybe some MSM outlets were doing what you claimed in which case provide some examples, but you didn't. So I called you out on that.

The fact they reported it initially and then had to correct it as more facts emerged - well OK, that's a valid criticism we can have a sensible conversation about.
But if you're just going to make stuff up then it doesn't help that conversation.

Still pretending I'm the one who made stuff up? Still defending the asshole who actually did?

How can you be an "authoritative" "news" "source" if you don't bother finding out what the news is before you report on it?

And that where you get ALL your news from, and your whole world view.

But the biggest laugh of all is I said "mainstream media" - it was you who said "BBC"

You aren't smart enough to conceal your game.

Niall_Quinn
03-12-2022, 10:50 PM
Here are the top watched items on the BBC as of now.

Most watched
1 Ryder surprises fans in Cardiff
2 Ukrainian women on culture shock of moving to UK
3 Argentina survive late Australia scare to go through
4 Peter Kay's return 'well worth the wait'
5 The 'life-changing' electric suit

Now wonder why you are so misinformed Letters.

Can you take this joke called the BBC seriously? For real?

I did a search for the biggest news story in the world, as of now.

Nothing on the BBC. I wonder why?

Your Bible is broken, oh Mr Christian. But that's the whole point, isn't it?

Maybe go back to the original?

Xhaka Can’t
04-12-2022, 03:40 PM
You seem to know everything about what the BBC reports, how it reports and what it’s users reads.

For someone who claims he doesn’t get his news from the BBC, you sure spend a lot of time on the BBC.

Letters
04-12-2022, 09:34 PM
Still pretending I'm the one who made stuff up?
I'm not pretending anything. Just after 11pm on the 16th you said that the media were "still pushing the Russian missile thing".
Just after half 7 that morning I posted "It’s already been said that this is unlikely to have come from Russia, Biden said it and it’s front page and centre on the BBC.". Those posts are in this thread. So when 15 hours after my post you claimed they were "still" pushing it, I picked you up on it.
:shrug:

Still defending the asshole who actually did?
Who made up what? You acknowledge in a previous post that the BBC reported it was a Russian missile on the basis of a source.
They didn't just make it up for the lolz.

How can you be an "authoritative" "news" "source" if you don't bother finding out what the news is before you report on it?

This is valid criticism. Should the press report stuff before all the facts are known? You might think "no" is an obvious answer.
Although I would suggest that these days people are used to rolling news formats and stories changing and being updated as facts emerge.
You can argue that's a bad thing, maybe you're right, but I think it's just the way of the world where the internet means information is available immediately.
If the BBC didn't publish the thing about the "Russian" missile while all the other mainstream sources were they'd probably be criticised for that and accused of censorship. The media should have a responsibility to tell us what is true, but I'd suggest that establishing that is increasingly difficult these days.

And that where you get ALL your news from, and your whole world view.
No it isn't.

But the biggest laugh of all is I said "mainstream media" - it was you who said "BBC"
Right. And I said:
"Are the media really pushing it? I pick the BBC because it's a source I look at a lot and one you have a particular distain for."
And of your assertion that the media are "still pushing the Russian missile thing" I subsequently said:
"it's certainly not true on the BBC. Is it elsewhere?"
So I acknowledged that what you said could be true of other mainstream sources.
You didn't respond, you didn't provide any examples of a mainstream source doing that.

You aren't smart enough to conceal your game.
I don't have a game. And this is the root of your problem. You can't help think that everyone has an "agenda".
We could have a sensible conversation about how the media behave if you stop thinking of me as the enemy.

Mac76
05-12-2022, 01:56 PM
We could have a sensible conversation

Letters
05-12-2022, 02:09 PM

:lol: I'm an optimist :shrug:

HCZ_Reborn
05-12-2022, 02:48 PM
:lol: I'm an optimist :shrug:

See i wouldn’t mind if it was just a disagreement but the guy seems to genuinely hate you

And I don’t think that’s hyperbole given when I made the effort to debate with him before I took my four year sabbatical from this place, he was quite open about the simmering resentment he held to those who did not see the world the way he does. Because we are therefore complicit in his imprisonment in a system which he regards as evil.

I have no reason to doubt the conviction of his beliefs, although I don’t suspect he is that different to us in so far that being on this site is just a way for him to kill time.

He used to have a charming nihilism about him which I found amusing, but to be honest I just find him draining (and no doubt he feels the same way towards me and others here)

Reading his posts I regard it a bit like engaging with my mum when she was depressed, bitter and would lash out. Unlike NQ, she was my mum and I loved her, but like NQ she was mentally exhausting at times.

Niall_Quinn
05-12-2022, 11:25 PM
See i wouldn’t mind if it was just a disagreement but the guy seems to genuinely hate you

And I don’t think that’s hyperbole given when I made the effort to debate with him before I took my four year sabbatical from this place, he was quite open about the simmering resentment he held to those who did not see the world the way he does. Because we are therefore complicit in his imprisonment in a system which he regards as evil.

I have no reason to doubt the conviction of his beliefs, although I don’t suspect he is that different to us in so far that being on this site is just a way for him to kill time.

He used to have a charming nihilism about him which I found amusing, but to be honest I just find him draining (and no doubt he feels the same way towards me and others here)

Reading his posts I regard it a bit like engaging with my mum when she was depressed, bitter and would lash out. Unlike NQ, she was my mum and I loved her, but like NQ she was mentally exhausting at times.

Yeah, mentally exhausting. The truth doesn't sleep. If you are waiting for me to say things that make you feel cozy, get a good book because it'll be a long wait. I don't hate Letters, I hate what he represents. He's a Christian that champions evil. Why would I not hate that? Hate though? Not hate. I "despise" it and recognise it as the fuel that allows evil to proliferate.

Here he is, defending world class liars. The same liars who sold Iraqi WMD until, finally, hundreds of thousands were bombed to death. This time the stakes are even higher. And you get Letters saying, well, yes, it'd be nice if we hd some truth but, you know, there's a rush to get the news out because... rolling news apparently. That's like saying let's rush the lights because we're in a hurry. Then, when you kill people in your haste, the haste itself is seen as an acceptable excuse. I suppose we could believe such a juvenile apology for evil. But some of us aren't that gullible or afraid.

Niall_Quinn
05-12-2022, 11:27 PM
I'm not pretending anything. Just after 11pm on the 16th you said that the media were "still pushing the Russian missile thing".
Just after half 7 that morning I posted "It’s already been said that this is unlikely to have come from Russia, Biden said it and it’s front page and centre on the BBC.". Those posts are in this thread. So when 15 hours after my post you claimed they were "still" pushing it, I picked you up on it.

Who made up what? You acknowledge in a previous post that the BBC reported it was a Russian missile on the basis of a source.
They didn't just make it up for the lolz.

This is valid criticism. Should the press report stuff before all the facts are known? You might think "no" is an obvious answer.
Although I would suggest that these days people are used to rolling news formats and stories changing and being updated as facts emerge.
You can argue that's a bad thing, maybe you're right, but I think it's just the way of the world where the internet means information is available immediately.
If the BBC didn't publish the thing about the "Russian" missile while all the other mainstream sources were they'd probably be criticised for that and accused of censorship. The media should have a responsibility to tell us what is true, but I'd suggest that establishing that is increasingly difficult these days.

No it isn't.

Right. And I said:
"Are the media really pushing it? I pick the BBC because it's a source I look at a lot and one you have a particular distain for."
And of your assertion that the media are "still pushing the Russian missile thing" I subsequently said:
"it's certainly not true on the BBC. Is it elsewhere?"
So I acknowledged that what you said could be true of other mainstream sources.
You didn't respond, you didn't provide any examples of a mainstream source doing that.

I don't have a game. And this is the root of your problem. You can't help think that everyone has an "agenda".
We could have a sensible conversation about how the media behave if you stop thinking of me as the enemy.

Well at least it's the first time the BBC shouted fire in a crowded theatre. I'm sure they won't do it again.

Go to church dude, FFS. But this time - LISTEN.

Xhaka Can’t
06-12-2022, 08:42 AM
News isn’t even news any more. It’s a chase for ratings. It is why we get an endless procession of complete shite that doesn’t affect anyone in any way. In the next few days (and sadly, weeks) for almost every bulletin we’ll get endless opinion and analysis on the Royals and what the latest ‘revelations’ mean.

I’ll sum up what they mean right now: absolutely nothing. They don’t affect us at all. Well in themselves, they don’t affect us, except, they divert us from what does affect us. They are a smokescreen that appeal to morons, get ratings and deprive us of the information we need - because if we had the information we need to make our own decisions on what matters, what affects us and what we can do about it, which increasingly is fuck all, we’d be up in arms.

But we never get information - we get opinion, we’re directed to not even think. Even better if we’re occupied by the completely meaningless gossip about a dysfunctional family that play no role in what matters to us for the next few days, weeks, months and years.

NQ has a point here, its just that I don’t particularly care for his sources of ‘information’ either.

HCZ_Reborn
06-12-2022, 08:56 AM
News isn’t even news any more. It’s a chase for ratings. It is why we get an endless procession of complete shite that doesn’t affect anyone in any way. In the next few days (and sadly, weeks) for almost every bulletin we’ll get endless opinion and analysis on the Royals and what the latest ‘revelations’ mean.

I’ll sum up what they mean right now: absolutely nothing. They don’t affect us at all. Well in themselves, they don’t affect us, except, they divert us from what does affect us. They are a smokescreen that appeal to morons, get ratings and deprive us of the information we need - because if we had the information we need to make our own decisions on what matters, what affects us and what we can do about it, which increasingly is fuck all, we’d be up in arms.

But we never get information - we get opinion, we’re directed to not even think. Even better if we’re occupied by the completely meaningless gossip about a dysfunctional family that play no role in what matters to us for the next few days, weeks, months and years.

NQ has a point here, its just that I don’t particularly care for his sources of ‘information’ either.

News hasn’t been News since the advent of Network News channels

Simply delivering information isn’t enough anymore you have to entertain, and above all else you have to confirm peoples biases, alternative news sources isn’t feeding a demand for better information it’s feeding that demand to be told something you already believe to be true.

CNN’s narrative running for example, shows that it’s trying to keep a pace with this.

BBC News is more of an example of editorial cowardice, and it comes down less to how it reports and what it reports but what it doesn’t report. And it too often plays it safe with presenting two opposing views as having equal validity, when that’s simply not always the case.

Best thing to do is if you’re interested enough in a topic, read multiple sources on the same subject…make your own mind up

Letters
07-12-2022, 12:39 PM
I don't hate Letters, I hate what he represents. He's a Christian that champions evil.
You'll be unsurprised to hear that I dispute this.
For two reasons, I don't consider the things that you regard as evil as evil. I wouldn't "champion" something I regarded as evil, obviously.
And secondly, I don't believe I "champion" them anyway.
One thing you seem to struggle with is shades of grey. You can believe things are bad without regarding everything they do as bad.

Here he is, defending world class liars.
I am simply calling you out on something you said which was demonstrably false. 15 hours after I noted that the BBC reported Biden's comments saying the missile was probably not Russian, you claimed that the media were "still" peddling that story. They weren't. Or, at least, the BBC weren't. A source you have a particular distain for. Were other mainstream sources doing so? You provided no examples.
So yeah, if you say something which is demonstrably untrue then I'll call you out on it as I would with anyone. That doesn't mean I think the MSM or the BBC are paragons of virtue, it doesn't mean I champion them. But for someone who claims to care so much about truth, you do yourself a disservice when you say something which is clearly not true.

If you want to criticise the BBC and the MSM in general for rushing to report anything when the facts were still emerging then OK, that's fair criticism and we can have a conversation about rolling news and whether it's a good or bad thing. You don't need to make stuff up.

The same liars who sold Iraqi WMD until, finally, hundreds of thousands were bombed to death.
Are you seriously claiming that the Iraq war happened because the BBC and others reported that they had WMD? :blink:
The justification for the war was the infamous dossier, which came from the government. That's what the government used to justify their actions.
The media simply reported its contents, they didn't write it.
And the MSM also reported when it was found to be untrue. That admittedly took a long time. Again, we can have a sensible conversation about whether they should have got to the truth quicker.

And you get Letters saying, well, yes, it'd be nice if we hd some truth but, you know, there's a rush to get the news out because... rolling news apparently.
And I didn't say I thought it was a good thing, it's just the way of the world. This is another thing you do, you infer me being supportive of things just because I say they exist.
It's like the proliferation of news sources now. Is that a good thing? Well, having one source of news which is "the authority" is a bad thing. But now with the internet we have a million official and unofficial sources. Is that better?
All it has led to is people becoming more entrenched in their worldviews because everyone can find a source which panders to it.

TL;DR - I don't regard the BBC as "evil", neither do I think they are perfect. But the government didn't wage war with Iraq because the BBC reported they had WMD - it was the government's dossier.
I don't regard government as "evil", and I certainly don't think they are perfect. Our voting system is bloody awful and leads to wildly unrepresentative governments. And our current one are useless. But the actual concept of government I see as the least bad way of organising and defining the rules of society. I'm certainly open to suggestions of better ones though.

Letters
07-12-2022, 12:45 PM
Best thing to do is if you’re interested enough in a topic, read multiple sources on the same subject…make your own mind up
This is excellent advice. I actually did a preach on this some time ago, the preach was called "What is Truth", it was a response to the post truth world we find ourselves in.
In it I urged people to read a range of sources reporting the same story, each will have a bias. And read beyond the headlines.
Even the BBC (I say "even", I like to think of them them as better than some of the tabloids) are guilty of clickbait headlines which don't reflect the contents of the story.

Niall_Quinn
08-12-2022, 10:14 AM
You seem to know everything about what the BBC reports, how it reports and what it’s users reads.

For someone who claims he doesn’t get his news from the BBC, you sure spend a lot of time on the BBC.

I don't actually. I scan their headlines in conjunction with those of other propaganda outlets to determine the message of the day. I also scan to determine wht they aren't talking about, which is equally important in getting a picture of the propaganda map and what warrants further investigation.

It's worth knowing your enemy.

Niall_Quinn
08-12-2022, 10:28 AM
This is excellent advice. I actually did a preach on this some time ago, the preach was called "What is Truth", it was a response to the post truth world we find ourselves in.
In it I urged people to read a range of sources reporting the same story, each will have a bias. And read beyond the headlines.
Even the BBC (I say "even", I like to think of them them as better than some of the tabloids) are guilty of clickbait headlines which don't reflect the contents of the story.

And I urged you to read books and look back at history beyond the last 2 minutes, instead of pretending "sources" are somehow connected with worthwhile information.

If you'd have read books on half the things you have uninformed opinions on you'd automatically know when you are being lied to and wouldn't, instead, be running your circus here supported by "authoritative sources" that are always the same - even though you "preach" to people to diversify - that's absolutely fucking hilarious by the way. You literally couldn't create a character in fiction to rival you in terms of lack of self awareness. They very last thing you would ever do, as demonstrated on this site over years, is question authority. Not at the crucial time anyway, maybe when the issue has resolved and the truth emerges and others walk the path and prove it is safe for you to be "reasonable" and "balanced".

Your insistence on calling ME out for revealing the latest litany of lies from your authorities shows that even when you recognise the lie you'll still apologise for it and brush it away. You carefully miss the point so you can even make a point, dishonest as it is. Even the lies you pile on the lie are transparent, to anyone who can think freely and isn't engaged in cult behaviour. I say the media is still lying about Russian missiles, you say no, the BBC reversed their lie so the media is in the clear. Even as many other propaganda outlets were pushing the lie and slimy politicians were using it to underpin their latest round of war profiteering. Of course you don't want to see the intimate connection between the lies of the state and the slavish devotion to those lies practised by the "authoritative" media. If you acknowledged the obvious you'd have to acknowledge so much more. You'd have to accept the obvious. You'd begin to know the difference between good and evil.

So you can't do that - can you?

Letters
08-12-2022, 03:52 PM
https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/eco-protesters-glue-to-railing-hamburg-concert-removed

:lol:

Xhaka Can’t
10-12-2022, 07:16 PM
I don't actually. I scan their headlines in conjunction with those of other propaganda outlets to determine the message of the day. I also scan to determine wht they aren't talking about, which is equally important in getting a picture of the propaganda map and what warrants further investigation.

It's worth knowing your enemy.

Fair enough, at least you do that - others post crap about MSM including the BBC not reporting on something which then goes on to be contradicted by a 5 second google search.

GP
12-12-2022, 09:41 PM
Two Chinamen walk into a pub. Barman says 'why the same face?'

HCZ_Reborn
13-12-2022, 01:06 PM
Fair enough, at least you do that - others post crap about MSM including the BBC not reporting on something which then goes on to be contradicted by a 5 second google search.

What few of us want to acknowledge is that we say we want the objective truth, but even if we do genuinely believe that. What’s more likely deep down is that we want our own biases confirmed. And therefore there never will be a media outlet that completely satisfies us, and perhaps this lends itself to greater plurality in media output.

The BBC is still capable of good journalism, and I’d cite the Nolan investigates series about Stonewall where it was unafraid to essentially take a critical look at itself as a great example of this.

Self reflective is a big factor in good journalism, making mistakes is human but doubling down is just a sign of ideological stubbornness.

Niall_Quinn
14-12-2022, 12:57 AM
Two Chinamen walk into a pub. Barman says 'why the same face?'

Stupid joke. Any decent barman would have blown the dirty chinks away with a shotgun.

And thats the PROPER way to be edgy, minus the coy.

I'll probably get censored for lending you a hand.

Niall_Quinn
14-12-2022, 01:00 AM
What few of us want to acknowledge is that we say we want the objective truth, but even if we do genuinely believe that. What’s more likely deep down is that we want our own biases confirmed. And therefore there never will be a media outlet that completely satisfies us, and perhaps this lends itself to greater plurality in media output.

The BBC is still capable of good journalism, and I’d cite the Nolan investigates series about Stonewall where it was unafraid to essentially take a critical look at itself as a great example of this.

Self reflective is a big factor in good journalism, making mistakes is human but doubling down is just a sign of ideological stubbornness.

Seriously?

I mean I'm not even going there - it's that stupid.

What I want to know is why do you need a SOURCE to understand reality? Why do you have to be TOLD what you could use your own brain to figure out?

Are you incapable of reason?

Why do you need a "news" agency when you can just use your own eyes?

God damn - you people are fucking whipped, aren't you?

Xhaka Can’t
14-12-2022, 07:35 AM
Stupid joke. Any decent barman would have blown the dirty chinks away with a shotgun.

And thats the PROPER way to be edgy, minus the coy.

I'll probably get censored for lending you a hand.
This isn’t the new Twitter