PDA

View Full Version : "Currants Bw..."

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129

Mac76
14-10-2023, 01:23 PM
What the FA put up at the game seemed fine to me, a well-judged statement and while I didn't watch the match, the minute's silence was apparently well-observed

And Hendo got booed which is fair enough :lol:

HCZ_Reborn
14-10-2023, 01:57 PM
What the FA put up at the game seemed fine to me, a well-judged statement and while I didn't watch the match, the minute's silence was apparently well-observed

And Hendo got booed which is fair enough :lol:

Respectfully disagree, an utterly mealy mouthed and contemptible statement of both side ism.

And an example of why there is a notable lack of trust and faith in the institutions in this country

Not that they are alone, taken the Met police a week before they’ve committed to arresting those in public with Hamas flags

Glad I’m not in London today, plenty of cunts with Palestinian flags chanting “from the river to the sea” about. Evidently last week has given them even more craving for Jew blood.

Mac76
16-10-2023, 10:32 AM
Not that they are alone, taken the Met police a week before they’ve committed to arresting those in public with Hamas flags

...instead of doing the intelligent thing and closely monitoring the activity of those that have them - that would be too much like hard work though wouldn't it?

HCZ_Reborn
16-10-2023, 10:52 AM
...instead of doing the intelligent thing and closely monitoring the activity of those that have them - that would be too much like hard work though wouldn't it?

That and Prevent have lost their balls….they treat the threat of grooming to extremist Islam and the far right as equivalent even though the statistics show that both in terms of risk of radicalisation and terror that extremist Islam is by far the more prevalent risk. No one is saying that far right radicalisation doesn’t happen, but in reality despite the fear mongering the far right hasn’t ever come near to the prominence it once enjoyed through the National Front up to the 70s. Yes you had a brief resurgence in the 90s with Combat 18 and to a lesser extent with EDL/Britain First in the last ten-fifteen years.

But Islamic radicalisation is prominent not just in this country but all over Europe. And it will start with making excuses for groups like Hamas as freedom fighters rather than a nihilistic terror group. But Prevent has its hands tied because idiots accuse it of Islamophobia (an utterly stupid term…as if somehow disliking a religion is the same as being prejudiced against individuals for their innate traits). That and a complete misunderstanding of what Prevent does as if somehow it involves people being interned or treated like criminals (which isn’t the case)

HCZ_Reborn
18-10-2023, 12:43 PM
BBC News/Sky News Yesterday: The IDF destroyed the Al-Ahli, Al-Arabi Hospital yesterday, this is disgraceful and should be condemned

BBC News/Sky News today: We still don’t know what happened and people shouldn’t rush to judgement

Whilst I have no time the conspiracy theorists and the way they cite as fact that which is at best fevered speculation and at worst outright knowing lies. I have stated consistently that the nebulous mainstream media is definitely responsible for the lack of trust in it, when it shows no interest in objectivity in pursuit of being either the quickest to breaking news or what is downright editorial bias….why shouldn’t people then decide to believe anything that confirms their own biases and call it truth

Letters
18-10-2023, 04:53 PM
It’s a casualty of 24 hour rolling news.
If sites like the BBC say nothing at all then it’s all MeDiA bLaCkOuT. What are they trying to hide?
So the only other option is they publish something when the facts are not fully known.
Which then has to be updated as facts emerged. And then it’s all ThEy KeEp ChAnGiNg ThEiR StOrY!!1!

This is the issue I have with certain people who act like the MSM wrote the sodding dossier about WMD. They didn’t write it, they just reported it. They also reported when it was found to be a load of lies. What were they supposed to do? Just not say anything about it until they’d done a thorough investigation? :shrug:

They’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t

Letters
18-10-2023, 04:54 PM
Also

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67145463

RIP and all that, but also… :doh: eejit!

HCZ_Reborn
18-10-2023, 05:24 PM
It’s a casualty of 24 hour rolling news.
If sites like the BBC say nothing at all then it’s all MeDiA bLaCkOuT. What are they trying to hide?
So the only other option is they publish something when the facts are not fully known.
Which then has to be updated as facts emerged. And then it’s all ThEy KeEp ChAnGiNg ThEiR StOrY!!1!

This is the issue I have with certain people who act like the MSM wrote the sodding dossier about WMD. They didn’t write it, they just reported it. They also reported when it was found to be a load of lies. What were they supposed to do? Just not say anything about it until they’d done a thorough investigation? :shrug:

They’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t

Respectfully that’s nonsense. The option is not between making a claim based on using Hamas as a source (who by the way immediately seemed to know how many people had died) and a news blackout. The response is to announce the incident but to claim that you don’t know how it happened. Plus it wasn’t just that it was the air of judgement it took in its reporting, the scathing tone.

Sky News have form for this shit, on July 7th 2005 they were totally irresponsible…claiming that there had been calls for mass evacuation from all london stations when no such decision had been made.

BBC at least had a history of correcting itself when it made mistakes and valuing putting accuracy above being the quickest. Now I think it’s moved away from that to compete you’re right, but yesterday was more than that it was the editorial zeal. It was “finally we’ve nailed the bastards!”

I’m clear on the fact that I think Netanyahu is a cunt, the guy is the Israeli Trump in that he’s an utter crook and using office to stop himself going to prison for clear corruption. I also think the IDF has done some shitty things down the years. However all of that can be true, and still be as clear as day that it’s not relevant to what’s happening currently. When the Israeli Labour Party has been in power, the government has been just as hawkish in tracking down the perpetrators (Golda Mair was the prime minister when the Israeli athletes were murdered by the Black September, and she instructed Mossad to hunt down the perpetrators to the far corners of the earth)…so despite credulous lefties, this isn’t about a right wing government this is about Hamas ensconcing itself in one of the most densely packed areas on this planet….and because of this expecting Israel not to hunt down Hamas….because reasons.

People cry out “This action isn’t going to help bring about peace”. No probably not, but a) no one has the slightest idea of how to bring about a peaceful resolution to Israel-Palestine b) This isn’t about Israel-Palestine anymore, this is about Israel-Hamas or more specifically Israel-Iran.

Hamas like Hezbollah, like the Al Quds Force, like ISIS, like Al Queda, like Al-Shabab are the very model of nihilistic evil, death cults who represent the utter nadir of anything we consider civilised. A cancer in human form, and cancer treatment can be traumatic, intrusive and leave behind collateral damage…but it’s also necessary.

By way of disclaimer, I’m not really having a go at you here. Like with Mac last week I should say that I’m not critiquing views I believe you hold. I’m kind of saying no I don’t agree with you that BBC is merely the victim of the ecosystem in which it exists, and then going off on one basically :lol:

HCZ_Reborn
18-10-2023, 05:26 PM
Also

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67145463

RIP and all that, but also… :doh: eejit!

Alas, much as we might want. We sometimes cannot save people from themselves

Letters
18-10-2023, 08:08 PM
By way of disclaimer, I’m not really having a go at you here. Like with Mac last week I should say that I’m not critiquing views I believe you hold. I’m kind of saying no I don’t agree with you that BBC is merely the victim of the ecosystem in which it exists, and then going off on one basically :lol:
I wouldn’t say it’s merely the victim of the ecosystem, but I reckon it’s a factor.
I didn’t see the article you’re talking about but the BBC do usually cite their sources. But they let themselves down with screaming headlines which are often misleading.
What I find frustrating is this polarising view from certain people that people like me just blindly believe the MSM. I mean, they just blindly disbelieve the MSM and how is that better? The MSM aren’t always lying, neither are that paragons of truth. So reading a range of sources and cross checking seems like a reasonable thing to do. Just declaring the MSM as “fake news” and then getting your news from some bloke on YouTube who by complete coincidence just happens to share your worldview doesn’t make you a “free thinker”. You’re not “doing your own research”, you’re just listening to people who tell you want to hear.

Now I’m going off on one :lol:
The headline is, why does everything have to be black and white? I miss nuance.

HCZ_Reborn
18-10-2023, 10:41 PM
I wouldn’t say it’s merely the victim of the ecosystem, but I reckon it’s a factor.
I didn’t see the article you’re talking about but the BBC do usually cite their sources. But they let themselves down with screaming headlines which are often misleading.
What I find frustrating is this polarising view from certain people that people like me just blindly believe the MSM. I mean, they just blindly disbelieve the MSM and how is that better? The MSM aren’t always lying, neither are that paragons of truth. So reading a range of sources and cross checking seems like a reasonable thing to do. Just declaring the MSM as “fake news” and then getting your news from some bloke on YouTube who by complete coincidence just happens to share your worldview doesn’t make you a “free thinker”. You’re not “doing your own research”, you’re just listening to people who tell you want to hear.

Now I’m going off on one :lol:
The headline is, why does everything have to be black and white? I miss nuance.

All I’ve said and quite consistently is that media institutions have contrived to erode trust to the point where more people than would have happened anyway have been pushed into the arms of those who would confirm their bias.

I’m not pretending to be offering an objective view of the situation. Im calling it as I see it. I would not expect any news organisation to simply echo my own sentiments. But the irresponsibility and the betrayal of trust have been utterly stark over the last 11 days.

If I was in control of the BBC I would dispense with News 24 as it doesn’t serve any particular purpose and return to the point where it is simply reporting world events on a regular basis (Breakfast news, lunchtime news, evening news and nine o clock news). The other channels can do what they like as they aren’t taxpayer funded

The Wengerbabies
23-10-2023, 07:27 PM
Sadiq Khan's London

https://talk.tv/news/32658/suella-braverman-to-meet-met-chief-mark-rowley-as-pro-palestine-supporters-seen-shouting-jihad-and-waving-terrorist-flag-at-gaza-protest

The Dismantler
24-10-2023, 12:34 AM
can someone please remind me what this thread is all about? "Currants Bw..." <== what does this mean? :wacko::shrug:

Letters
24-10-2023, 07:54 AM
It started back on 606 as Bergie Wonderland (Bergkamp, Bergy, Boogie, see?)
It was just a general chat thread so was created here too.
So it’s not really about anything specifically

Mac76
24-10-2023, 09:01 AM

that's funny, in my mind it's always been 'Currants Btw' which as you know stands for 'by the way' - it almost made sense that way :lol:

HCZ_Reborn
24-10-2023, 10:14 AM
that's funny, in my mind it's always been 'Currants Btw' which as you know stands for 'by the way' - it almost made sense that way :lol:

I just assumed it was a dried fruit appreciation thread

HCZ_Reborn
24-10-2023, 10:29 AM
https://www.fox9.com/news/watch-montana-homes-buried-under-tumbleweed.amp

On the subject of awful dad jokes, seems like someone has been going really overboard with telling them here

WMUG
24-10-2023, 12:53 PM
"Currant" refers to an old user called Currant Affairs, who started this thread when the migration from 606 happened.

Back then it was just called BW I think.

Then Flavs restarted it when it got too many replies, giving it its present title which carried on after the second migration from invisionfree.

WMUG
24-10-2023, 12:55 PM
https://www.fox9.com/news/watch-montana-homes-buried-under-tumbleweed.amp

On the subject of awful dad jokes, seems like someone has been going really overboard with telling them here

https://youtu.be/hsWr_JWTZss?si=r6YKpHjW-eQKpUYm

They're a bigger problem than you might think!

HCZ_Reborn
24-10-2023, 01:14 PM
https://news.sky.com/story/tube-driver-who-led-free-palestine-chant-on-london-underground-train-suspended-tfl-says-12991192

I’m pro freedom of speech so I don’t like anyone being suspended or losing their job. However, what he did was incredibly irresponsible and at time when feeling is running high it’s tantamount to incitement….it would be no different to a driver on the victoria, Piccadilly or london overground line instigating a pro Arsenal or pro Spurs chant on the day of a north london derby.

My attitude is, no one was hurt so no one should lose their livelihood. But he needs to know in no uncertain terms that he’s not to do it again for any reason

Mac76
24-10-2023, 01:19 PM
And of course some wonderful irony in this typically misjudged contribution here: "The Israeli Embassy said: "It is deeply troubling to see such intolerance on London's Tubes... public transport should be a place of safety and inclusivity for all."

Surely being 'tolerant' and 'inclusive' is allowing people to demonstrate peacefully - not the driver though, he was on duty, but no he shouldn't be sacked but reprimanded

HCZ_Reborn
24-10-2023, 03:08 PM
And of course some wonderful irony in this typically misjudged contribution here: "The Israeli Embassy said: "It is deeply troubling to see such intolerance on London's Tubes... public transport should be a place of safety and inclusivity for all."

Surely being 'tolerant' and 'inclusive' is allowing people to demonstrate peacefully - not the driver though, he was on duty, but no he shouldn't be sacked but reprimanded

If people want to chant stupid things on the tube, as long as they are not harassing other people, they can get on with it (of course precluding the Driver, if he wanted to join the March that badly he should have got someone to swap shifts with him)

Although the meaning behind “from the river to the sea” is clear to anyone who isn’t a moron, as it’s not a direct incitement I can’t see any reason to police it….revolting as it is.

Where the Met police went wrong at the event was not to arrest those carrying Hamas or even ISIS flags and the people from Hizb-Uht-Tahrir chanting for a Muslim Army to start a Jihad.

And we are long overdue a national conversation over what it means to hold British values and be integrated.

Letters
29-10-2023, 06:48 AM
Could I BE any sadder?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67252752

:rose:

Marc Overmars
29-10-2023, 07:56 AM
Damn that sucks.

I grew up on Friends and even today I’ll stick it on if there’s nothing else to watch.

Letters
29-10-2023, 08:09 AM
I actually think it’s massively overrated.
Which doesn’t mean I don’t think it’s good. It is good, MrsL made me watch it all and I enjoyed it.
But I don’t understand why it’s put on this pedestal and become this international phenomenon.
It’s good, but it’s not that good.

Although spare me all the bullshit about how it’s fatphobic, transphobic, homophobic, too white… :blah:
The only metric by which a comedy should be judged is whether it’s funny, and it mostly is. Judging all historic comedy by modern sensibilities is nonsensical.

I’m had a fair amount of time for Perry, he had his demons which I thought he’d conquered. Maybe he had, but it took its toll on his body. He did a play in London which he wrote and starred in. Took MrsL to see that as she’s a Friends fan. I enjoyed it.

54 is no age.

HCZ_Reborn
29-10-2023, 11:09 AM
I could watch an episode now and find bits of it funny, but was never a big fan…I could understand why people were but wasn’t my thing. Back then and now I preferred Seinfeld and Frasier in terms of American comedy.

With Matthew Perry, 54 is no age but he was on death’s doorstep five years ago. He seemingly single handedly funded the rehab industry. They say it was a potential drowning incident but I would be surprised if an autopsy doesn’t find drugs in his system and evidence of a coronary incident. Doesn’t make it any less sad, in fact it would be quite tragic that he was never able to escape from his addictions.

Mac76
30-10-2023, 08:59 AM
I was really into Friends for a while, having read the obits it sounds like Perry had a difficult life though, a shame

Marc Overmars
30-10-2023, 04:39 PM
I think Friends was a show that just resonated with a lot people of a certain generation. Bunch of 30
something besties trying to make it in the big city, navigate relationships etc, it was all just very relatable and the comedy was simple but effective. I don’t think it would do as well now because things evolved but for its time I thought it was one of the best.

As for Perry, I’d be very surprised if drugs weren’t involved. He had a lot of demons, series 7 of Friends you could tell he was struggling.

The Wengerbabies
30-10-2023, 09:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F9kW_CfW8AASf3f?format=jpg&name=large

The Wengerbabies
30-10-2023, 09:57 PM
Now this is fucking tragic https://www.skysports.com/more-sports/ice-hockey/news/13997/12996616/police-investigating-death-of-ice-hockey-player-adam-johnson-after-fatal-injury-during-game

Letters
31-10-2023, 06:23 AM
Now this is fucking tragic https://www.skysports.com/more-sports/ice-hockey/news/13997/12996616/police-investigating-death-of-ice-hockey-player-adam-johnson-after-fatal-injury-during-game

Wouldn’t have happened if he hadn’t been vaccinated.

The Dismantler
02-11-2023, 12:00 AM

Ohh muchas gracias mi amigo!! 606 on BBC right… ooh those were the days.. that’s how I registered with GW… somebody posted a link there when it (606) was about to be closed. I been a member since the Invisionfree forum…

Good to see most of the old timers are still here!

The Dismantler
02-11-2023, 12:06 AM
"Currant" refers to an old user called Currant Affairs, who started this thread when the migration from 606 happened.

Back then it was just called BW I think.

Then Flavs restarted it when it got too many replies, giving it its present title which carried on after the second migration from invisionfree.

Many thanks for your reply… it’s all making sense to me now

The Dismantler
02-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Anyone remember the “Ho hum bored” thread? Did that thread make it across to this forum?

Also is there a mobile version of this forum, because trying to access it on mobile phones is a nightmare… or maybe there’s an app or something??

Letters
02-11-2023, 09:47 AM
Anyone remember the “Ho hum bored” thread? Did that thread make it across to this forum?

Also is there a mobile version of this forum, because trying to access it on mobile phones is a nightmare… or maybe there’s an app or something??

I use it on a Mobile and while I'd agree it's not that great I find it useable. I know some people use Tapatalk with GW. I haven't tried it myself.

HCZ_Reborn
02-11-2023, 11:23 AM
I use this exclusively with my mobile and have no trouble whatsoever

Letters
02-11-2023, 01:12 PM
I find this site harder to use on Mobile, but part of that is me not finding it so easy to type on a mobile. For longer, more considered posts I find it easier to use my laptop.
Just typing [/QUOTE] is painful on a mobile!

I do remember the Ho Hum thread but I can't remember much about it or whether there's a version on here.

Mac76
02-11-2023, 01:56 PM
I find this site harder to use on Mobile, but part of that is me not finding it so easy to type on a mobile. For longer, more considered posts I find it easier to use my laptop.
Just typing (removed to avoid messing up quoting this post) is painful on a mobile!

I do remember the Ho Hum thread but I can't remember much about it or whether there's a version on here.

Funny thing is I can still access this site on mobile sometimes when I can't access other sites, maybe just because it requires very little data compared to most sites, which are generally image-rich

But why do you type 'quote' when you can just reply with a quote - as I did here?

Letters
02-11-2023, 02:03 PM
Funny thing is I can still access this site on mobile sometimes when I can't access other sites, maybe just because it requires very little data compared to most sites, which are generally image-rich

The reason I might type [ /QUOTE]

But why do you type 'quote' when you can just reply with a quote - as I did here?

is if I want to split the post I'm responding to to reply to things separately.
Like I've done here. And often would with NQ's nonsense - responding to each point separately.

Mac76
02-11-2023, 03:03 PM
The reason I might type [ /QUOTE]

is if I want to split the post I'm responding to to reply to things separately.
Like I've done here. And often would with NQ's nonsense - responding to each point separately.

ok sure, I don't even try that from a phone but on the PC i just copy the whole quoted post and then delete the bits i don't need, then repeat to answer the next point - but blimey if you do those long replies from your phone that's total dedication to the cause :bow:

Letters
02-11-2023, 03:30 PM
:lol: Generally if it's a longer reply I'll wait till I'm on the laptop. It's a pain in the hole on mobile!

Letters
14-11-2023, 01:05 PM
https://metro.co.uk/2023/11/14/bride-to-bes-fiance-calls-off-wedding-finding-explicit-ai-chats-19815865

A woman who developed an online relationship with an AI chatbot has been left heartbroken after her fiancé left her.

:haha:

WMUG
19-11-2023, 05:05 PM
I played against a Jewish team today.

They were called Reich FC.

Letters
19-11-2023, 05:28 PM
Holy shit! :lol:

Did they finish 3rd? :unsure:

HCZ_Reborn
20-11-2023, 11:09 AM
I played against a Jewish team today.

They were called Reich FC.

Ashkenazi nickname for a wealthy individual, probably a play on the stereotype of Jewish tendency to be acquisitive

HCZ_Reborn
20-11-2023, 11:19 AM
Also we now know why NQ has not been around much, he’s been elected as President of Argentina

I have to say though, just because they’ve elected a guy with crazy hair who says silly things….people shouldn’t act like the country hasn’t been run by clowns for decades. From Peronism, to the Junta to Kirchernism. The main reason they constantly rattle the sabre over what they call the Malvinas is a) to distract from domestic problems and b) because of the offshore oil.

Letters
20-11-2023, 11:37 AM
Also we now know why NQ has not been around much, he’s been elected as President of Argentina.
:lol:

WMUG
21-11-2023, 09:10 AM
Ashkenazi nickname for a wealthy individual, probably a play on the stereotype of Jewish tendency to be acquisitive

Makes sense, given it's the German for "rich" and I'm guessing it's a Yiddish word.

Still though, it certainly made me double take.

The Wengerbabies
21-11-2023, 10:03 AM
Also we now know why NQ has not been around much, he’s been elected as President of Argentina

I have to say though, just because they’ve elected a guy with crazy hair who says silly things….people shouldn’t act like the country hasn’t been run by clowns for decades. From Peronism, to the Junta to Kirchernism. The main reason they constantly rattle the sabre over what they call the Malvinas is a) to distract from domestic problems and b) because of the offshore oil.

I saw the usual histrionic headlines he's "far-right", he's not. He's a "threat to democracy", he's not. Why is it always a "threat to democracy" when democracy doesn't agree with you?

Letters
21-11-2023, 10:55 AM
I saw the usual histrionic headlines

Dude, that would work better if you hadn't just completely misrepresented an article in the other thread with a "histrionic headline" of your own

:shrug:

Letters
21-11-2023, 05:38 PM
It's a Christmas miracle!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67487082

Mac76
21-11-2023, 05:41 PM
It's a Christmas miracle!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67487082

I'm really proud to say I've genuinely never heard of them (which doesn't mean they're no good of course... ;) )

Letters
21-11-2023, 06:24 PM
They're massive attention seeking bellends. I think that's all you really need to know.

HCZ_Reborn
22-11-2023, 09:59 AM
I saw the usual histrionic headlines he's "far-right", he's not. He's a "threat to democracy", he's not. Why is it always a "threat to democracy" when democracy doesn't agree with you?

Yeah as letters said, that’s a bit of the pot calling the kettle black with you. Also massively a bit much when you so many figures like Trump and Bolsonaro only respect Democracy when it falls in their favour. Trump still hasn’t got the strength of character to admit he lost the last election, and Bolsonaro whilst not going full Trump implied there was doubt over his loss to Lula last year.

He’s as far as I can tell a libertarian, which although many of whom have allied themselves with the populist right they aren’t really the same thing. On one hand, absolutely the state needs to shrink in Argentina they’ve had massively inflationary problems for decades but this guy seems all about posturing so remains to be seen whether he gets his head down and actually does the work involved in governance or like Trump just is a posturing attention seeker. He’s not like Trump in that he has genuine academic credentials as an economics professor and author.

Letters
22-11-2023, 10:26 AM
"Come and join us for a film screening and Q&A session from the Black Swimming Association (BSA) open to all colleagues in the British Council"

Thanks, work, but that's a hard no! :lol:

Niall_Quinn
27-11-2023, 08:40 PM
Site is completely fucked on Chrome - did you know?

Niall_Quinn
27-11-2023, 08:50 PM

The anti-government advocate has been elected to a supreme role in government? Doesn't make a huge amount of sense, does it? Par for the course around here. Don't worry, if I ever get elected to anything, you'll know PDQ.

Letters
27-11-2023, 09:11 PM

Sigh. It works if you do http, but not https.
I did ask Joff via Maccy if we could sort it out.
Maybe we’ll have to just get an SSL certificate :(

Hello by the way.

Niall_Quinn
27-11-2023, 09:38 PM
Sigh. It works if you do http, but not https.
I did ask Joff via Maccy if we could sort it out.
Maybe we’ll have to just get an SSL certificate :(

Hello by the way.

It's not the cert. It's a mixed content error. Find the PHP script that is being served over http and serve it over https.

Niall_Quinn
27-11-2023, 09:39 PM
Or just put a rewrite in place on the server that converts all non-secure requests.

Letters
27-11-2023, 09:57 PM
Thanks. Will pass that on :good:

HCZ_Reborn
28-11-2023, 10:49 AM
The anti-government advocate has been elected to a supreme role in government? Doesn't make a huge amount of sense, does it? Par for the course around here. Don't worry, if I ever get elected to anything, you'll know PDQ.

I mean if you want to bring down a building you’d bring in a demolition expert so it makes sense in that regard

Also it was a joke, I know it’s been a long time since you’ve recognised what one of those is because you retreated so far up your own aris that you can see yesterdays dinner but there it is

Niall_Quinn
28-11-2023, 07:26 PM
I mean if you want to bring down a building you’d bring in a demolition expert so it makes sense in that regard

Also it was a joke, I know it’s been a long time since you’ve recognised what one of those is because you retreated so far up your own aris that you can see yesterdays dinner but there it is

Wasn't a very good joke. Jokes have elements of truth which are then pushed to the absurd or ironic. Your "joke" lacked foundation, so couldn't achieve the pay-off. Besides, I was commenting on your fetish, rather than the alleged joke. Did you miss me? I mean my presence, not your attempt at a joke.

HCZ_Reborn
28-11-2023, 09:58 PM
Wasn't a very good joke. Jokes have elements of truth which are then pushed to the absurd or ironic. Your "joke" lacked foundation, so couldn't achieve the pay-off. Besides, I was commenting on your fetish, rather than the alleged joke. Did you miss me? I mean my presence, not your attempt at a joke.

Well yes it’s true that it seems unfeasible that an embittered alcoholic loser would ever reach such prominence so yes I imagine the foundation of truth was lacking. But it could have been one of life’s ironies.

And no I haven’t missed you. I was frankly hoping you wouldn’t come back. For the avoidance of doubt, that wasn’t a joke

Niall_Quinn
29-11-2023, 08:59 AM
Well yes it’s true that it seems unfeasible that an embittered alcoholic loser would ever reach such prominence so yes I imagine the foundation of truth was lacking. But it could have been one of life’s ironies.

And no I haven’t missed you. I was frankly hoping you wouldn’t come back. For the avoidance of doubt, that wasn’t a joke

You called me, darling. Maybe take my number out of your dating app?

HCZ_Reborn
29-11-2023, 10:50 AM
You called me, darling. Maybe take my number out of your dating app?

Are you still mistaking referring to you in conversation, as starting a conversation with you? Something you might want to work on

WMUG
29-11-2023, 01:41 PM
Or just put a rewrite in place on the server that converts all non-secure requests.

Look at you, being all helpful! Not a side of yourself you often show on here, it's good to see. Genuinely.

HCZ_Reborn
30-11-2023, 08:04 AM
RIP to that shoddy, thuggish war criminal Henry Kissinger

Letters
30-11-2023, 08:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVGV6lvNTR4

WMUG
30-11-2023, 09:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRKOenxiRaY

Letters
30-11-2023, 12:09 PM
Shane MacGowan :rose:

Mac76
30-11-2023, 02:14 PM
That's a shame, I saw him perform a couple of times, once with the Pogues and once with the Popes, the latter just in an Irish pub on NYE

The early Pogues stuff is brilliant

Mac76
30-11-2023, 03:10 PM
in other news... https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/nov/30/former-chancellor-alistair-darling-dies-aged-70

agree or not with his politics, he always struck me as someone with integrity

Jofnn
02-12-2023, 12:40 PM

Should all be fine now :ilt:

Letters
02-12-2023, 12:49 PM
:lol: Jofnn :bow:

Thanks dude!

Jofnn
02-12-2023, 01:05 PM
:lol: Jofnn :bow:

Thanks dude!

no worries sweet thing

Letters
02-12-2023, 02:05 PM
I told you not to call me that in public <_<

Niall_Quinn
04-12-2023, 07:49 PM
They're actually going to try the pandemic thing again. Anyone who falls for it this time around has no excuse.

Mac76
04-12-2023, 09:34 PM
They're actually going to try the pandemic thing again. Anyone who falls for it this time around has no excuse.

especially all those people who died because of Covid

Letters
05-12-2023, 08:51 AM
They're actually going to try the pandemic thing again.
What do you mean by that?

HCZ_Reborn
05-12-2023, 09:21 AM
Just had a very bizarre encounter. Went outside for a smoke and scabby looking bloke comes up the driveway says his car has broken down, doesn’t have AA or road tax for that matter. So wants help pushing it on to the verge so it’s out of the way. I mean what can you do…I help him push it and the thing starts up again and he drives off (probably break down again half a mile down the road)
Says to me “don’t worry mate I won’t abandon it, I’m quite a conscientious bloke”. A conscientious bloke who drives a car without a tax disc.

Mac76
05-12-2023, 09:36 AM
That'll teach you for smoking

HCZ_Reborn
05-12-2023, 09:42 AM
That'll teach you for smoking

Well then maybe they should put that on the packet

Smoking can cause lung disease, cancer, gum disease, impotence and the remote possibility of being persuaded to collaborate with minor criminality

Mac76
05-12-2023, 10:17 AM

Ollie the Optimist
05-12-2023, 03:31 PM
One way to make some of you feel old (and me!), i started posting on here when i was about 14 and just a kid.

I now have a six week old son :lol:

Letters
05-12-2023, 04:18 PM
Congrats! :good:

You getting any sleep :pal:

Ollie the Optimist
05-12-2023, 04:42 PM
Congrats! :good:

You getting any sleep :pal:

I am actually. One advantage of being a male, cant breastfeed :lol:

Very good at nappies though

Letters
14-12-2023, 12:15 PM
Test!

Letters
14-12-2023, 12:16 PM
Ah. Just checking the post time was accurate - there was some discrepancy the other day. Looks OK now. Don't mind me.

Niall_Quinn
15-12-2023, 02:08 AM
One way to make some of you feel old (and me!), i started posting on here when i was about 14 and just a kid.

I now have a six week old son :lol:

Ah man. I'm guessing your life has just transformed. Well done mate! Seriously, congratulations to you and your wife and the beautiful new life you just brought into the world.

Niall_Quinn
15-12-2023, 03:31 AM
We used to make fun of stupid cunts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_54XU5fqGi0

Now we worship them.

Progress.

Letters
15-12-2023, 07:55 AM
Who are you and what have you done with NQ? :unsure:

Letters
15-12-2023, 07:56 AM
Who are you and what have you done with NQ? :unsure:

:lol: That was in response to your message to Ollie which was uncharacteristicly pure and nice!

Letters
16-12-2023, 10:55 PM
:tree:

Letters
16-12-2023, 10:55 PM
Christmas smileys :bow:

WMUG
16-12-2023, 10:56 PM

WMUG
16-12-2023, 10:56 PM
:d

Letters
16-12-2023, 11:18 PM
I'm not sure I even bothered last year :lol:
But I thought I would this year, despite popular demand :cool:

Letters
25-12-2023, 08:13 AM
Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals

HCZ_Reborn
25-12-2023, 09:40 AM
Merry Christmas you small group of degenerate misfits

WMUG
25-12-2023, 10:11 AM
:dance:

Mac76
25-12-2023, 02:52 PM
'n that

HCZ_Reborn
26-12-2023, 12:13 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67813689

I know what it’s like to have an unappreciative audience, my one man stand up act in a women’s shelter was referred to as a “hate crime”

I am genuinely of the view that there isn’t a subject that you can’t joke about. I’m also of the view that you either have to be drunk or socially retarded to get out your date rape material in front of women the same day you’ve pledged to clamp down on spiking.

Letters
26-12-2023, 03:14 PM
I am genuinely of the view that there isn’t a subject that you can’t joke about.
I saw Jimmy Carr say that you can joke about anything but you can’t tell any joke to anyone.
There was some made up hoo-har about some joke he made (a completely manufactured outrage, it blew up about half a year after the Netflix special the joke was in came out). Anyway, Carr noted that he wasn’t exactly going round shouting the joke through people’s letterboxes. In

In this instance it was a weak joke and…read the room, dude!
Which I think is what you are saying

HCZ_Reborn
26-12-2023, 03:47 PM
I saw Jimmy Carr say that you can joke about anything but you can’t tell any joke to anyone.
There was some made up hoo-har about some joke he made (a completely manufactured outrage, it blew up about half a year after the Netflix special the joke was in came out). Anyway, Carr noted that he wasn’t exactly going round shouting the joke through people’s letterboxes. In

In this instance it was a weak joke and…read the room, dude!
Which I think is what you are saying

Yes because there are essentially two different propositions.

Letters
26-12-2023, 05:56 PM
The in-laws got me a Rubik’s Magic for Christmas.
They didn’t even know what it was :lol:
The 1980s :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
27-12-2023, 03:26 PM
Ah man. I'm guessing your life has just transformed. Well done mate! Seriously, congratulations to you and your wife and the beautiful new life you just brought into the world.

Sorry NQ i missed this but thank you! Life is very different but wouldn’t change it for the world

GP
04-01-2024, 11:58 AM
Luke Littler's nickname is "The Nuke" because he's simultaneously a Fat Man and a Little Boy.

Letters
04-01-2024, 01:58 PM
:lol: :rimshot:

Merry New Year, everyone.

Niall_Quinn
05-01-2024, 03:12 AM
Ignore or pay attention, up to you. If you can, get £1K out of your bank account and stash under mattress.

Letters
05-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Ignore or pay attention, up to you. If you can, get £1K out of your bank account and stash under mattress.

Go on then, I’ll bite.
Why?

HCZ_Reborn
05-01-2024, 08:50 AM

Always ignore

Letters
05-01-2024, 12:48 PM
:lol: I mean, that is my inclination - obviously I'm not going to keep that sort of amount of cash lying around.
Last time I had that sort of amount in cash was when we had our drive done, it looked like we were money laundering.
But I would like to know what calamity NQ thinks is about to befall us which will necessitate that amount of cold hard cash to hand.

GP
05-01-2024, 02:09 PM
OBAMAGATE!!

HCZ_Reborn
05-01-2024, 04:10 PM
Are we all just pretending that we didn’t see then Prince Charles now King Charles on the Epstein client list

Letters
05-01-2024, 04:32 PM
Are we all just pretending that we didn’t see then Prince Charles now King Charles on the Epstein client list

I haven't seen the list so I'm not pretending.
What's the significance of him being on the list?
EDIT: Is he on the list?

IBK
05-01-2024, 05:11 PM
I haven't seen the list so I'm not pretending.
What's the significance of him being on the list?
EDIT: Is he on the list?

I would also like to know the significance of the Epstein client list (can't be arsed to look it up). Is the mob now claiming that if anyone was a client of Epstein they are a peado :shrug:

Letters
05-01-2024, 05:21 PM
I would also like to know the significance of the Epstein client list (can't be arsed to look it up). Is the mob now claiming that if anyone was a client of Epstein they are a peado :shrug:

I think that's what they're implying.
I mean. I went to see Rolf Harris back in the day. Twice actually. So I guess I'm on that list :shrug:
(Also went to see Michael Jackson twice even further back in the day, but he was never convicted of anything so you can't get me on that one!)

Shaqiri Is Boss
05-01-2024, 06:00 PM
Or you could say both Rolf Harris and Michael Jackson have met Letters...

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

HCZ_Reborn
05-01-2024, 07:14 PM

Well I’m sure some are, but I’d like to know what exactly their business relations were.

Niall_Quinn
06-01-2024, 12:13 AM
Go on then, I’ll bite.
Why?

Yeah sure. But why do you say you'll "bite"? Either you are interested to know something or you are not. By "biting" do you mean you are curious to hear so you can raise an objection? All I did was give people a choice. Herbert decided to "ignore" me by answering me, odd isn't it? You seem to have decided to pay attention to the point where you can gain enough material to discredit me by whatever means, would that be a fair reading?

Anyway, I'm thinking we'll be having an uncommon number of bank "holidays" this coming year where you may lose access to you bank accounts, maybe for extended periods of time. So it would be useful to have cash set aside so you aren't one of the people blankly staring at the 20th cash machine that has no cash.

There's a convergence of critical issues in play. The impeding implosion of Deutsche Bank, already bankrupt but being propped up primarily by the German state which, itself, is now on the verge of economic disfunction due to the catastrophe in Ukraine initiated in Washington by our "allies". A war that has been comprehensively lost by NATO and is now increasingly opposed by the majority within the US, to the point where further funding is looking doubtful. In response, the US, UK and the EU stand on the brink of perpetrating an almost unbelievable economic crime that will shatter faith in the global economic system. They intend to steal Russian assets and direct them back into the already lost war. A short term solution, for sure, but the long term consequences, which even the central banksters warn about, will have unknowable effects that will surely trickle down to the man in the street.

And, of course, the election in the US, which will usher instability in ways we can't imagine yet as the establishment pushes away all pretence and does whatever it takes to prevent the landslide election of Trump.

The US is now 34 trillion in debt and will need to squeeze the people to even make interest payments. The UK has siphoned off £800billion from the people to the super rich during the covid wealth transfer. Both nations have run out of options for simply printing more cash - debtors won't stand for their assets being diluted any further. If there's a default on either economy, or of we end up on the verge of default - who knows what desperate steps might be taken to kick the can down the road?

This is going to be an interesting year, to understate things. We rely almost entirely on magic plastic and buzzing surveillance devices posing as phones to conduct our everyday activities. But it's all an illusion. Some of the banks are leveraged at ratios that dwarf the relatively sustainable 10:1. Some have claimed Deutsche Bank is leveraged to such a degree that a single domino could wipe away a greater sum than the entire US national debt, and that the managers within that organisation don't even understand the nature of most of that debt, and the insurances against the debts.

Also, the Chinese situation could explode at any time between now and 2050. Extinction level declining birth rates, the blind reliance on a bankrupt US trade system (ironically supported by a sudden, but temporary, reprieve from new trade with Russia). There are no super powers remaining, only super liabilities.

The system must collapse at some point, it's a mathematically certainty. And what better time to bite the bullet and bring it down when the urgency to deter Trump 2024 is at it's height?

This will be the year, I think. Just my opinion of course, based on reading and reasoning and avoiding misdirection from the usual suspects. There are hundreds of other indicators too, but we don't have all day, do we? No we don't.

Niall_Quinn
06-01-2024, 12:19 AM

You mean the fraction of the list that has been released for the viewing pleasure of the public? Yes, I would expect to see Charles behind bars by the end of the year - or not. Best not to get too distracted during these important times.

Niall_Quinn
06-01-2024, 12:32 AM

The mob? Do you think most people still pay heed to the piper? This will fly over the heads of most, with the exception of the occasional deep dive into whatever tasty morsels the media throws out to entice what they hope will be a mob. But its working less and less. It's like the donkey that knows it will never get a bite of that carrot - so fuck the stick, fuck the carrot. Many people, I think, just don't care any more. They know, even if there was video of Charles banging a newborn up the anus, nothing would ever happen to him. They've figured that much out. Sadly, they've reached the conclusion they can't do anything about it. This is wrong, they could do a lot. But that's not how they have been brought up to think.

I suppose a more interesting question, that will never be touched, is how can a US Attorney General, a senior coroner and the entire mainstream media gaze into the camera and tell such easily dismissible lies? How did we reach a point where we tolerate it - with some like GP even defending it? Because if we won't raise a complaint even as children are being brutally raped and tortured, then what makes any of us think we'll act to find out who raped and tortured them? Don't forget, the Maxwell trial (I'll use that word in jest) found a single creature guilty of a few of the countless crimes that had many accomplices. Whoever those accomplices are, we now see the main game is not justice for the victims via a serious investigation but instead celebrity bingo, where everything is here-say and everything will be prejudiced so it will never see its day in court. It's quite clever actually. In an evil way.

Letters
07-01-2024, 09:05 PM
Yeah sure. But why do you say you'll "bite"? Either you are interested to know something or you are not. By "biting" do you mean you are curious to hear so you can raise an objection? All I did was give people a choice. Herbert decided to "ignore" me by answering me, odd isn't it? You seem to have decided to pay attention to the point where you can gain enough material to discredit me by whatever means, would that be a fair reading?
So I'm going to reply to this paragraph before I read the rest, so it doesn't prejudice me.
My gut feeling is that I'm going to find your explanation nonsensical. But when I said "bite" - your initial post reminded me of one of those posts some people do on FB where they say they're stressed or in hospital or whatever, providing no other explanation. It feels they just do it so people ask how they are. I'm sure you weren't quite doing that, but if you're going to post something like that it's rather begging the question "so why should I do that then?". That's all I really meant.

Anyway, I'm thinking we'll be having an uncommon number of bank "holidays" this coming year where you may lose access to you bank accounts, maybe for extended periods of time. So it would be useful to have cash set aside so you aren't one of the people blankly staring at the 20th cash machine that has no cash.
There's a convergence of critical issues in play. The impeding implosion of Deutsche Bank, already bankrupt but being propped up primarily by the German state which, itself, is now on the verge of economic disfunction due to the catastrophe in Ukraine initiated in Washington by our "allies". A war that has been comprehensively lost by NATO and is now increasingly opposed by the majority within the US, to the point where further funding is looking doubtful. In response, the US, UK and the EU stand on the brink of perpetrating an almost unbelievable economic crime that will shatter faith in the global economic system. They intend to steal Russian assets and direct them back into the already lost war. A short term solution, for sure, but the long term consequences, which even the central banksters warn about, will have unknowable effects that will surely trickle down to the man in the street.
And, of course, the election in the US, which will usher instability in ways we can't imagine yet as the establishment pushes away all pretence and does whatever it takes to prevent the landslide election of Trump.
The US is now 34 trillion in debt and will need to squeeze the people to even make interest payments. The UK has siphoned off £800billion from the people to the super rich during the covid wealth transfer. Both nations have run out of options for simply printing more cash - debtors won't stand for their assets being diluted any further. If there's a default on either economy, or of we end up on the verge of default - who knows what desperate steps might be taken to kick the can down the road?
This is going to be an interesting year, to understate things. We rely almost entirely on magic plastic and buzzing surveillance devices posing as phones to conduct our everyday activities. But it's all an illusion. Some of the banks are leveraged at ratios that dwarf the relatively sustainable 10:1. Some have claimed Deutsche Bank is leveraged to such a degree that a single domino could wipe away a greater sum than the entire US national debt, and that the managers within that organisation don't even understand the nature of most of that debt, and the insurances against the debts.
Also, the Chinese situation could explode at any time between now and 2050. Extinction level declining birth rates, the blind reliance on a bankrupt US trade system (ironically supported by a sudden, but temporary, reprieve from new trade with Russia). There are no super powers remaining, only super liabilities.
The system must collapse at some point, it's a mathematically certainty. And what better time to bite the bullet and bring it down when the urgency to deter Trump 2024 is at it's height?
This will be the year, I think. Just my opinion of course, based on reading and reasoning and avoiding misdirection from the usual suspects. There are hundreds of other indicators too, but we don't have all day, do we? No we don't.

Holy shit. Well, firstly, it wasn't quite the flight of fancy I'd imagined. There's a lot to unpack there. And most of it I don't feel remotely qualified to comment on.
To be honest, I never understand how the global economy works. It seems that every major economy is deep in debt and every year they borrow more money. Which always makes me wonder "who from?". Someone did try and explain that to me once but I didn't really "get" it. Something to do with issuing bonds and rich people buying them or something? So I guess it's possible it could all collapse at some point although my gut feeling is the powers that be won't let it. You may respond they can't stop it in which case we're back to me not being qualified to comment.
One thing I will say - the powers that be are clearly trying to stop Trump becoming president. If he stands then I don't think it will be a landslide but I do think he'll win. In 2016 there was a big "anyone but Hillary" vote for Trump, I suspect if Biden is the other option then Trump would be the beneficiary of the same effect as Biden clearly not fit to be President. I don't think Trump is either but he does at least still have all his marbles.

Mac76
07-01-2024, 11:36 PM
To be honest, I never understand how the global economy works. It seems that every major economy is deep in debt and every year they borrow more money. Which always makes me wonder "who from?". Someone did try and explain that to me once but I didn't really "get" it.

Maybe if you'd asked 'from whom', people would have been a bit more forthcoming ;)

And btw, the minute you indicate any kind of inferiority to NQ, you're well and truly lost...

Letters
08-01-2024, 09:21 AM
Maybe if you'd asked 'from whom', people would have been a bit more forthcoming ;)

And btw, the minute you indicate any kind of inferiority to NQ, you're well and truly lost...

I'm just saying when it comes to all this stuff I don't know what I'm talking about.
That doesn't mean he does know what he's talking about! ;)

Letters
08-01-2024, 09:23 AM
Oh, and only if they were boring prescriptivists, pretending they didn't understand when they understood perfectly well :p

Descriptivism :bow:

:sulk:

Mac76
08-01-2024, 10:08 AM

I'm just saying when it comes to all this stuff I don't know what I'm talking about.
That doesn't mean he does know what he's talking about! ;)

oh i know that already :lol:

HCZ_Reborn
08-01-2024, 10:15 AM
oh i know that already :lol:

I’d have thought for example the last thing you’d do if there was going to be an imminent economic collapse is rely on hard currency which would immediately be devalued. There have been alarm bells ringing about Deutsch Bank for some time now, and the Chinese economic boom is unsustainable (before long they are going to have massive trouble feeding their own people) so it’s not exactly like he’s just making things up (although it comes with a large dollop of his own tedious political narrative full of unsubstantiated interconnectivity) but we are more in a situation where the global economy stagnates rather than the cinematic calamity being predicted.

Letters
08-01-2024, 10:29 AM
I’d have thought for example the last thing you’d do if there was going to be an imminent economic collapse is rely on hard currency which would immediately be devalued. There have been alarm bells ringing about Deutsch Bank for some time now, and the Chinese economic boom is unsustainable (before long they are going to have massive trouble feeding their own people) so it’s not exactly like he’s just making things up (although it comes with a large dollop of his own tedious political narrative full of unsubstantiated interconnectivity) but we are more in a situation where the global economy stagnates rather than the cinematic calamity being predicted.

I was thinking about this again last night and it did occur to me that if the whole thing does blow up in the way NQ imagines (which I doubt, but as discussed I don't know what I'm talking about), then having cold hard cash probably won't do you much good anyway. You'd probably want to be hording things and building a bunker.

Niall_Quinn
08-01-2024, 07:43 PM
I was thinking about this again last night and it did occur to me that if the whole thing does blow up in the way NQ imagines (which I doubt, but as discussed I don't know what I'm talking about), then having cold hard cash probably won't do you much good anyway. You'd probably want to be hording things and building a bunker.

Yes, you've been dragged off the path here by two deliberately counterproductive interventions. I answered the question you asked, qualifying each point and then making it clear I was giving an opinion. When Mac saw you engaging in debate it prompted him to target the individual rather than engage in the debate, literally a warning not to engage. And then Herbert came in, stripped away the qualifications and scoffed at me going all climate change and predicting the end of the world, which I didn't do. I said you might be fucked for longer than usual periods of time if the banking system has any issues this year - so get some cash out now, not as a hedge against calamity which is how Herbert now has you thinking with his intervention, but as a convenience should the need arise. And why did I provide the suggestion minus detailed discussion. Well because I know how anything neutral and non-tribal will be received here (and lo and behold). So it was, pay attention or ignore... No strings, up to reader.

You should check out European nations where banking disruption has already occurred. And then recall the feeds from China at the start of covid when people were being locked in their houses. It would never happen here, we all said. Hollywood and real life were indistinguishable by the time that played out globally.

Letters
15-01-2024, 03:54 PM
Ugh. There was a "training" session on "microaggression" earlier. Thankfully I didn't join as I would have found it hard to bite my tongue. But because I was invited I saw the chat. So much eye-rolling.

Oh, someone hurt your fee-fees did they? Well...bloody grow up, you're an adult.

I reckon Mac would have liked it though ##

IBK
15-01-2024, 04:35 PM
Ugh. There was a "training" session on "microaggression" earlier. Thankfully I didn't join as I would have found it hard to bite my tongue. But because I was invited I saw the chat. So much eye-rolling.

Oh, someone hurt your fee-fees did they? Well...bloody grow up, you're an adult.

Virtue signalling FTW :coffee:

Mac76
15-01-2024, 04:54 PM

is that an example of microaggression...? ;)

Letters
15-01-2024, 05:16 PM
is that an example of microaggression...? ;)

Probably. I wouldn't know, I didn't do the training!

HCZ_Reborn
15-01-2024, 05:23 PM

Whilst I think DEI is a load of old Fanny, the course I did (mandatorily) was pretty benign. The examples of microagression they come up with include “but where are you really from?” Which i tend to think is just bloody rude and things like “oh I didn’t expect the boss to be a woman”.

Not the self flagellation that you’d expect, but my counselling training does ask you to be aware of the stereotypes you hold…not to be ashamed or feel guilty that you hold them because invariably we all do, it’s our way of shorthand navigating the world. But just to be aware that your assumptions mightn’t always be accurate and I have to say fair enough.

Whilst I don’t necessarily think it’s always germane to the workplace, I’m not totally opposed to unconscious bias training but it depends what form it takes

When companies do it, it’s of course all for legal indemnity especially in highly litigious countries like America. But even though I think it’s largely unnecessary, the British equivalent isn’t heavily predicated on only white people can be racist because racism is all about power dynamics and we are just going to completely ignore how Asians and Jews are massively over represented in the best paid jobs (well Jews aren’t ignored, but for the benefit of the model they are treated as white)

Letters
15-01-2024, 05:40 PM
The examples of microagression they come up with include “but where are you really from?”
I saw someone cite that as an example in the meeting chat.
I've had this conversation on here. Phrased like that I agree it's rude, but do people really phrase it like that? Really? I'd be surprised in my organisation which is very diverse and multi-cultural.

If I detect an accent from someone I may ask where they come from originally - I'd do that whether it's a foreign accent or a UK accent I can't place. I'd do it whatever their skin colour. I don't think people take offence. This is basic "getting to know you" stuff. If someone only does it to someone of a certain skin colour or it seems there's some other motive behind the question then there's an issue, but I reckon mostly it's a fairly reasonable curiosity.

HCZ_Reborn
15-01-2024, 06:17 PM
I saw someone cite that as an example in the meeting chat.
I've had this conversation on here. Phrased like that I agree it's rude, but do people really phrase it like that? Really? I'd be surprised in my organisation which is very diverse and multi-cultural.

If I detect an accent from someone I may ask where they come from originally - I'd do that whether it's a foreign accent or a UK accent I can't place. I'd do it whatever their skin colour. I don't think people take offence. This is basic "getting to know you" stuff. If someone only does it to someone of a certain skin colour or it seems there's some other motive behind the question then there's an issue, but I reckon mostly it's a fairly reasonable curiosity.

I think we’ve had a similar discussion before and yeah if you ask someone where they are from based on an accent, nothing wrong with that….i do it loads and generally in my experience most people like that you take interest…although I find I can’t get into a discussion with a Romanian without referencing Nicolae Ceaucescu.

Although I’ve never witnessed it, I don’t think it’s a made up example like if someone who is black is asked where they are from and they answer london or Birmingham and then the question “yeah but where are you really from?” asked.

If I was black or Asian and second or third generation British, that would piss me off a bit because you have the same people complain that people like me don’t integrate well enough. Now i definitely think integration is an issue, but I don’t believe in making people feel like they don’t belong here because of skin colour.

Letters
18-01-2024, 02:21 PM
BREAKING NEWS!!!11!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68018758

Mac76
18-01-2024, 03:17 PM
actually it is news - i didn't know she was Catherine with a 'C' - so why isn't she 'Cate' then?

HCZ_Reborn
18-01-2024, 05:32 PM
actually it is news - i didn't know she was Catherine with a 'C' - so why isn't she 'Cate' then?

I’m assuming that’s not a serious question

Letters
18-01-2024, 06:52 PM

To be fair, Cate Blanchett is spelt with a C, I think :unsure:

Mac76
19-01-2024, 12:47 PM

To be fair, Cate Blanchett is spelt with a C, I think :unsure:

exactly

Letters
19-01-2024, 02:20 PM
https://calfkicker.com/rampage-jackson-the-latest-mma-veteran-to-come-out-as-flat-earther/

I guess they do get hit in the head quite a lot :unsure:

HCZ_Reborn
19-01-2024, 05:28 PM
https://calfkicker.com/rampage-jackson-the-latest-mma-veteran-to-come-out-as-flat-earther/

I guess they do get hit in the head quite a lot :unsure:

We really are at the low ebb of western civilisation, Flat Eartherism predicated on the belief that every scientist and astronomer from Copernicus onwards, every single astronaut, in fact every single individual who has ever looked through a telescope has signed a pledge in order to lie.

I don’t want to dig out Christianity, because in the western mainstream it is in my view largely benign and is less in the habit of taking exception to scientific fact ( that’s left up to the new church of Gender ideology). But Flat Eartherism represents the not so benign aspect of Christianity because it essentially posits that every model of the universe that superseded the Geocentric model is basically a satanic falsehood

Niall_Quinn
19-01-2024, 07:03 PM
You bray at yourselves. Just look at the shit you find comment worthy as Iran attacks Pakistan. There's nothing more undignified than the cocksure village idiot throwing rotten veg at his even thicker brother. But the pride of the idiot can be upheld if the mob is likeminded.

HCZ_Reborn
19-01-2024, 08:05 PM
You bray at yourselves. Just look at the shit you find comment worthy as Iran attacks Pakistan. There's nothing more undignified than the cocksure village idiot throwing rotten veg at his even thicker brother. But the pride of the idiot can be upheld if the mob is likeminded.

Iran attacks Pakistan and Pakistan attacks Iran…so what?. It’s not like Iran doesn’t have form when fucking about with countries that have nuclear weapons. Shia extremists versus Sunni extremists…a rogue terrorist state, versus a corrupt state that indirectly sponsors terrorism. If Satellite photos pick up very bright lights in the next few weeks I’ll be worried…unless who gives a fuck?. One of the few things I agreed with Trump on is that we should stop sending foreign aid to Pakistan and that the nuclear treaty with Iran was a complete and utter waste of time.

And my invective against Flat Earthers wasn’t smug, it was a statement of despair. A conspiracy that even you wouldn’t give the time of day, is believed by a not inconsiderable amount of people.

Niall_Quinn
19-01-2024, 08:40 PM
Iran attacks Pakistan and Pakistan attacks Iran…so what?. It’s not like Iran doesn’t have form when fucking about with countries that have nuclear weapons. Shia extremists versus Sunni extremists…a rogue terrorist state, versus a corrupt state that indirectly sponsors terrorism. If Satellite photos pick up very bright lights in the next few weeks I’ll be worried…unless who gives a fuck?. One of the few things I agreed with Trump on is that we should stop sending foreign aid to Pakistan and that the nuclear treaty with Iran was a complete and utter waste of time.

And my invective against Flat Earthers wasn’t smug, it was a statement of despair. A conspiracy that even you wouldn’t give the time of day, is believed by a not inconsiderable amount of people.

You really don't understand that you are a flat earther, do you? Somebody still boiled in the paradigm of a normality long since dispelled. Somebody who despises anyone who points at the elephant blocking the TV. We may spell Kate as Cate and all that, we may even use AI to rapidly bring ourselves up to date on the latest issues once they are mentioned.

But what do we initiate, to show ourselves we are still in touch with anything that matters? Not so much, I've noticed.

HCZ_Reborn
19-01-2024, 09:31 PM
You really don't understand that you are a flat earther, do you? Somebody still boiled in the paradigm of a normality long since dispelled. Somebody who despises anyone who points at the elephant blocking the TV. We may spell Kate as Cate and all that, we may even use AI to rapidly bring ourselves up to date on the latest issues once they are mentioned.

But what do we initiate, to show ourselves we are still in touch with anything that matters? Not so much, I've noticed.

And the joke is by extension you see yourself as Gallileo Gallilei. When the irony is you’re more Garrulous (certainly more so than you accuse others of being) who either doesn’t realise or refuses to acknowledge how trite and ironically how conformist most of your beliefs actually are.

And apart from your witless attempt to make connections of non-sequiturs, there really isn’t any great example of you being the free thinker that you show this laughable exasperation at me and others for not being.

HCZ_Reborn
19-01-2024, 09:53 PM
But to be clear I don’t despise you, that would be absurd as I don’t know you. It’s more I find you deeply uninteresting, even on football mostly everything is a slight variation on the theme “it’s not as good as it used to be”. Which as an opinion is fine, but as an assertion tends to be more based on emotion. And whilst I can’t find any fault with your view that money is a large malignant tumour within football, I don’t find much objective merit in your belief that the overall quality of footballers has dissipated.

And then on here, it’s why are you talking about this trivial matter as if somehow none of us realised it was trivial. As a means of prompting someone to ask “oh and what should we be talking about?” I don’t know if you’re conflicted between loneliness and your innate dislike for other people…but it’s probably not the best way to engage people. Letters engaged with you because he’s a silly person, and on the few occasions I do it’s largely because I lack the common sense to listen to the part of my brain which suggests I should just ignore you.

Letters
20-01-2024, 01:03 PM
Letters engaged with you because he’s a silly person.
:lol: Screw you!

Fairly accurate though.

@NQ. This is BW. It’s a thread for general nonsense, chatting shit and shooting the breeze.
It is not and has never been for discussing the important matters of the day.
If you want to talk about them then go nuts. I mean, if you want to do it in this thread then fine, I won’t stop you. Just don’t whine when people talk about trivia in here. If all conversation were about serious world matters then holy shit how dull would life be? It’s not like we can do anything about these things so what good does wringing your hands about them actually do you, other than giving you a misguided sense of superiority over us poor saps who (in your view) don’t understand these things as well as you do.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2024, 12:37 AM
Fair enough. I'm off to find yours and Herbert's great works that counterbalance the playful mindlessness you suggest is downtime. I'll let you know when I find something.

Politicians will be politicians. Profiteers will be profiteers. Warmongers will be warmongers. Don't blame a snake for behaving like a snake.

But the millions who could make a difference? When they spend their precious time wasting time - well that tells you who is to blame. For all of it.

And you can allow Herbert to lead you along by the dick if you wish. Herbert cares only about the impression others have about Herbert, which is why he works an easy mark like you. And that's all fine. Most people are mindless, relatively speaking. But you then go on to claim you believe in God. That's the bit that insults the intelligence. Even Herbert isn't that audacious and disrespectful.

HCZ_Reborn
22-01-2024, 09:38 AM
Fair enough. I'm off to find yours and Herbert's great works that counterbalance the playful mindlessness you suggest is downtime. I'll let you know when I find something.

Politicians will be politicians. Profiteers will be profiteers. Warmongers will be warmongers. Don't blame a snake for behaving like a snake.

But the millions who could make a difference? When they spend their precious time wasting time - well that tells you who is to blame. For all of it.

And you can allow Herbert to lead you along by the dick if you wish. Herbert cares only about the impression others have about Herbert, which is why he works an easy mark like you. And that's all fine. Most people are mindless, relatively speaking. But you then go on to claim you believe in God. That's the bit that insults the intelligence. Even Herbert isn't that audacious and disrespectful.

It really offends you when people don’t take you seriously doesn’t it? No not offends….perturbs you. The irony is you accuse me of seeking peoples approval, yet I can honestly say for example that I don’t remotely need yours (or really anyone else’s). Yet all this why are you dwelling on trivia when so much is going on, is presented as more than bloviating self importance (although there’s plenty of that) but a genuine fear of something…a fear that you need the rest of us to share.

Well trite and predictable as this may be, if you genuinely think there should be a call to mass action…it’s rather you wasting your time trying to rally recalcitrants out of their malaise.

But of course, whatever else you may be you’re not stupid….and it’s all for me a transparent attempt to get engagement on subjects that interest you. And for me that would be like having a conversation with my dog on the merits of eating horse shit.

Mac76
22-01-2024, 10:13 AM
It really offends you when people don’t take you seriously doesn’t it?

pots and kettles...?

Mac76
22-01-2024, 10:13 AM
yet I can honestly say for example that I don’t remotely need yours (or really anyone else’s)

you totally do

WMUG
22-01-2024, 10:28 AM
Getting a dog this weekend :d

HCZ_Reborn
22-01-2024, 10:32 AM
pots and kettles...?

Sorry we are talking about me here not you

HCZ_Reborn
22-01-2024, 10:34 AM

Well it’s ok for here but probably best you don’t refer to her like that to her face

Letters
22-01-2024, 11:06 AM
Well it’s ok for here but probably best you don’t refer to her like that to her face

Letters
22-01-2024, 11:07 AM

I have been reliably informed by MrsL that our family pet will be a dog.
I am mostly on board with that plan, but they are a pain in the arse in some ways.

HCZ_Reborn
22-01-2024, 11:46 AM
I am mostly on board with that plan, but they are a pain in the arse in some ways.

Dogs are a pain in the arse, but so are children.

And dogs in many ways are like kids, they want your attention, they can be fun and amusing but they can also be sulky and demanding….and they won’t always do what you tell them to do.

What I see on social media loads is people exploiting the fact that they’ve done nothing to prevent their dogs developing bad habbits including mouthing, bothering you for your food etc

You’ve basically got two options. Get a puppy and it’s hard work but you will with the right training be able to mould the Dog to how best suits you…which I think especially when you have kids is important because it teaches the kids at the same time to respect the dog’s boundaries.

Or you can get a rescue dog, now all my dogs were rescue dogs and I loved them all the same but ultimately they come with far more baggage because they haven’t always had the happiest starts in life, a lot of them have abandonment issues (which can make them destructive if they are left home alone) and you simply don’t know how they will be with children…most of the time absolutely fine…but it’s hard to know what might make a dog snap.

But those are the down sides, they make excellent companions….they are on the whole loyal and good natured…also they all have a sense of humour…don’t let anyone tell you they don’t. And they prefer people even to other dogs

Letters
22-01-2024, 11:54 AM
Good luck finding it on here. This place is my downtime :)
You think chat on here is going to change the world?

And what are you doing? Apart from your pontifications on here which isn't going to make any difference.
Come on. You talk a lot. What are you actually doing?

But you then go on to claim you believe in God.

What has this got to do with anything?

Mac76
22-01-2024, 12:30 PM

true although it depends on the dog, I wouldn't get one but one of my siblings got a small, very well-behaved dog which has fitted into their small house quite well. You just need to make sure there's enough volunteers to take it for walks - oh and be comfortable with picking up s**t in a little black plastic bag :lol:

WMUG
22-01-2024, 04:56 PM

Or you can get a rescue dog, now all my dogs were rescue dogs and I loved them all the same but ultimately they come with far more baggage because they haven’t always had the happiest starts in life, a lot of them have abandonment issues (which can make them destructive if they are left home alone) and you simply don’t know how they will be with children…most of the time absolutely fine…but it’s hard to know what might make a dog snap.

Dogs Trust have a good system where you pick your favourites from their list, then give them some information about you and they decide based on that which one(s) would be a good fit for you.

We had 4 picked out and they whittled it down to just one for us.

He has some separation anxiety, but one of us is almost always at home and they've given us a lot of advice and reading material to help train him out of it so we'll see how it goes.

HCZ_Reborn
22-01-2024, 05:46 PM
Dogs Trust have a good system where you pick your favourites from their list, then give them some information about you and they decide based on that which one(s) would be a good fit for you.

We had 4 picked out and they whittled it down to just one for us.

He has some separation anxiety, but one of us is almost always at home and they've given us a lot of advice and reading material to help train him out of it so we'll see how it goes.

Yeah Dogs Trust are a little bit more thorough in the adoption process than Battersea certainly ever was

I don’t know if still the case, but Battersea you could turn up on the day and bring dog back home with you

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2024, 10:49 PM

Why? They eat, shit and sleep. Why do you feel the need to take on something that eats, shits and sleeps?

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2024, 10:50 PM

This.

Is why you are so lost.

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2024, 10:53 PM

And what are you doing? Apart from your pontifications on here which isn't going to make any difference.

The world is bathed in an evil we haven't witnessed since WWII. And yet you, the believer most devout, asks why God has anything to do with anything? Sort of proves my point, doesn't it? God as a fashion accessory.

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2024, 10:55 PM

I'm making you feel like the Godless coward you are.

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2024, 10:58 PM
Letters. Surely you realised when you (supposedly) accepted God, there would be a reckoning? It's not like a stamp collecting club. You get that much, right?

Or are you one of those God types who believe that if other people can see you being Godly in public then God will develop blindness?

Doesn't work like that.

The fight is now. Are you in it or out? You signed on the dotted line. Were you serious when you made your mark?

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2024, 11:16 PM
Here's a funny topic. The death rate in young people who have had the AFJSAFJFAD has doubled. Ha, funny right? And in mid aged people - doubled. Al lthe old people are dead now, so data is fuzzy. What could it be? I think it's down to Kellogs putting inferior ingredients into Special K. I think the main thing though is we don't talk abut it. We should only talk about dead people when they are famous. Then we can do - RIP - yeah, I always liked him/ her/ they (fags). Because we need to respect the dead. Especially on this thread.

HCZ_Reborn
24-01-2024, 05:21 AM
This.

Is why you are so lost.

Be sure to tell that to the next set of parents you see trying to remonstrate with an unreasonable tantrum throwing child.

I don’t know if you have children or not, and I have no doubt if you do that you love those children unconditionally but equally I’m sure you’ve also found them to be a pain in the arse.

WMUG
24-01-2024, 10:05 AM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12998863/britons-face-army-conscription-russia-attacks.html

That Aussie passport is starting to seem like a good investment.

HCZ_Reborn
24-01-2024, 10:40 AM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12998863/britons-face-army-conscription-russia-attacks.html

If everything you’ve seen in the last couple of years makes you believe Russia is capable of an all out assault on the European continent, then I don’t know what to tell you.

We seem to be trapped in this cycle of believing Armageddon is round the corner, and it’s not. There’s no one single incident that is going to bring things to a head…when you wake up on 24th January 2025 whatever your own personal circumstances there won’t have been a global event that will irrevocably change your life. I can understand that people have this mindset post the Covid lockdowns, but the fear was there long before Covid.

The last ten years have not been extraordinary, what was extraordinary was what we considered to be normal before that. That post Cold War end of history settlement that didn’t last because it couldn’t last.

Letters
24-01-2024, 11:03 AM

Being old :bow:

I remember as a kid being worried about being "called up". I think I've managed to get old enough that it won't happen now.
I'd be up for the home guard though. Don't tell him, Letters!

Letters
24-01-2024, 11:06 AM
The last ten years have not been extraordinary.

The Covid years were.
That hasn't happened in living memory.

Letters
24-01-2024, 11:16 AM
Here's a funny topic. The death rate in young people who have had the AFJSAFJFAD has doubled. Ha, funny right? And in mid aged people - doubled.

Do you have a source for that?

HCZ_Reborn
24-01-2024, 11:49 AM
The Covid years were.
That hasn't happened in living memory.

No but we lived under the “threat” of global annihilation, and the point is that in the relatively short span of time that has encompassed human history it’s far more normal for things we consider large events to be the norm.

Letters
25-01-2024, 10:45 AM
The world is bathed in an evil we haven't witnessed since WWII. And yet you, the believer most devout, asks why God has anything to do with anything?
That isn't what I said. For someone who gets upset when someone strawmans you, you sure do it a lot.
I asked you what my belief in God has to do with anything.

I'm making you feel like the Godless coward you are.
You do not have that ability. You are deflecting. You said:
"But the millions who could make a difference? When they spend their precious time wasting time - well that tells you who is to blame. For all of it."
So I asked what you are doing? What are you doing that makes a difference?

Letters. Surely you realised when you (supposedly) accepted God, there would be a reckoning?
What do you mean by that? Any reckoning won't come in this life. But if I'm not understanding your meaning it would help if you quoted the Bible verses you're presumably talking about.

Or are you one of those God types who believe that if other people can see you being Godly in public then God will develop blindness?
The Bible teaches that salvation comes via faith and grace, not by "doing good stuff" or people seeing you being Godly. In fact, Jesus specifically tells us not to make a big show of being Godly.
Matthew 6 starts like this:

1 Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. 2 So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honoured by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Don't get me wrong, your behaviour should change when you become a Christian, but the Bible also says we're works in process and "working out our salvation" (see Philippians 2:12).

The fight is now. Are you in it or out? You signed on the dotted line. Were you serious when you made your mark?

What, in practice, do you think I should be doing?

Niall_Quinn
26-01-2024, 09:56 PM
That isn't what I said. For someone who gets upset when someone strawmans you, you sure do it a lot.
I asked you what my belief in God has to do with anything.

You do not have that ability. You are deflecting. You said:
"But the millions who could make a difference? When they spend their precious time wasting time - well that tells you who is to blame. For all of it."
So I asked what you are doing? What are you doing that makes a difference?

What do you mean by that? Any reckoning won't come in this life. But if I'm not understanding your meaning it would help if you quoted the Bible verses you're presumably talking about.

The Bible teaches that salvation comes via faith and grace, not by "doing good stuff" or people seeing you being Godly. In fact, Jesus specifically tells us not to make a big show of being Godly.
Matthew 6 starts like this:

1 Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. 2 So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honoured by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Don't get me wrong, your behaviour should change when you become a Christian, but the Bible also says we're works in process and "working out our salvation" (see Philippians 2:12).

What, in practice, do you think I should be doing?

That's a good answer dude, apart from the end where you did exactly what I was accusing you of.

First up, YOUR LIFE is the reckoning. Every Christian holds that to be a fundamental. Simply sitting in a room for your entire life and having faith in God is meaningless. If that faith doesn't translate into the directives that God makes very clear then your faith is simply a mental condition.

What should you do? For a start, be honest. Honesty is a very effective gateway. Denial is not honesty. Denial to the point of opposing honesty might even be a sin.

Another fundamental. Acknowledge your fear. And master it. Fear is the antithesis of faith. If faith was easy it would be worthless.

Salvation has nothing to do with it, that's beyond your control. Salvation is not a prize or even a goal. Salvation is the outcome of a higher judgement.

Based on all my conversations with you over the years, the honesty and the fear are the best guess I can offer - because I don't actually know you as a person. But these are key elements in what you say on a message board. Whether what you say on a message board has any correlation with how you live your life, there's no way for me to know.

Niall_Quinn
26-01-2024, 09:58 PM
As for what I am doing - that's none of your business. It's my, crucial, business. Some of what I am doing is very visible here, I would think. Other things, well if I had confidence you were serious, we could talk about. I'd have to remember it first. It's not like I keep a score.

Niall_Quinn
26-01-2024, 09:59 PM
Be sure to tell that to the next set of parents you see trying to remonstrate with an unreasonable tantrum throwing child.

I don’t know if you have children or not, and I have no doubt if you do that you love those children unconditionally but equally I’m sure you’ve also found them to be a pain in the arse.

Yes, okay. You win that one.

Niall_Quinn
26-01-2024, 10:10 PM
Do you have a source for that?

Why? Are you not following this yourself? Given how much you have spoken about it in the past?

But okay - you can start with Andrew Bridgen in our own parliament. Once you get past all the propaganda bullshit, if you can, it's well worth observing his qualified, statistical, officially published by government sources, data.

I mention Bridgen because he's easily accessible. But if you seriously wanted to investigate this there is a MAJORITY of prominent scientists who NEVER went along with the covid scam. You can get all their names and contact details from the Great Barrington Declaration.

Letters
29-01-2024, 06:07 PM
First up, YOUR LIFE is the reckoning.
Well, I wouldn't quite put it like that, but I think I know what you're saying.

Simply sitting in a room for your entire life and having faith in God is meaningless.
Agreed. What makes you think I am doing that?
Could I be doing more? Absolutely. But I'm not doing nothing. I might not be doing the things you think I should be doing, I'd be interested to know what those things are. You talked about honesty - I am honest. You repeatedly accuse me of lying on here, but I don't. I might say things you regard as untrue, but that doesn't mean they are untrue, and it certainly doesn't mean I'm lying (which implies intent) or that I'm in denial of anything.
As for fear. I don't really live in fear of everything. Partly because of my faith - John 16:33, basically.
Obviously I have worries - will my health continue to be good, will I always be able to support the family. But I'm not worried about world events, sad about them yes, but not afraid. Maybe I would be if they were closer to home.

But I'm interested in what practical things you think I should be doing which I'm not.

Based on all my conversations with you over the years, the honesty and the fear are the best guess I can offer - because I don't actually know you as a person.
I'm glad we've established that, because you have pontificated about me a lot over the years as if you know me well. You really don't. Nor I you of course. Which brings me on to...

As for what I am doing - that's none of your business.
I guess that's true. But this started when you talked about "the millions who could make a difference? When they spend their precious time wasting time". I took that to mean me as one of those millions. So a natural response to that is "what should we be doing?" and "what are you doing?"

Some of what I am doing is very visible here, I would think.
Not really. I mean, you talk a lot (as do I). Whether that translates in to any action and what those actions are...no idea.

Letters
29-01-2024, 06:22 PM
Why? Are you not following this yourself? Given how much you have spoken about it in the past?
Not really, tbh. But prompted by this exchange I have had a look and you are correct about excess deaths - I don't know if the percentages are what you claim, but there certainly are excess deaths. From what I've read these routinely follow a pandemic. During the lockdowns I think we all agreed that missed appointments and therefore diagnoses would increase deaths down the track. I don't think anyone here thought the government's response was proportionate or appropriate.

But if you seriously wanted to investigate this there is a MAJORITY of prominent scientists who NEVER went along with the covid scam. You can get all their names and contact details from the Great Barrington Declaration.
What do you mean by the "Covid scam"?
The Great Barrington Declaration was calling bullshit on the Covid response - something, as I said, we were all doing on here at the time.
You don't have to be a prominent scientist to realise that locking everyone down when a virus going round which is only dangerous to the oldest members of society is not a good policy.

The declaration didn't say the pandemic wasn't happening.
It didn't say the vaccines were bad or dangerous - it was actually written before the vaccine was developed and noted that a vaccine would assist herd immunity.
It says that:

The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk.

Which is pretty much what we were all saying at the time. We might have been on board with the first lockdown at first - although they did it far too late for it to really be effective. But the longer it went on, the more obvious it became that it was completely the wrong response for multiple reasons.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2024, 08:27 PM
Letters please. You aren't really this basic, are you?

When I say, check out the Great Barrington Declaration, I mean find out who those people are and refer to their wider works. Not - yes, read it. Here's the BBC response. Case closed.

And that goes for ever other answer you gave. This isn't a tit-for-tat, my "fact" for your "fact" whereby the troll with the most endurance wins the internets. But that's where you are playing at the moment. Yu need to go beyond that, without fear and with the honesty to critically consider all that you encounter.

It's interesting how you avoided certain points I raised. It's also interesting how you quote the Bible, as if knowledge of the Bible gives you credentials. There's a big difference between Christianity and the church, wouldn't you say? And there's a big difference between the Word of God and the thousand times "interpreted" word of man.

Letters
01-02-2024, 09:47 AM
When I say, check out the Great Barrington Declaration, I mean find out who those people are and refer to their wider works.
It currently has 939,000 signatories. You're clearly going to get a wide range of opinions amongst a population of nearly a million people.
Where would I even start? You claim was that the "there is a MAJORITY of prominent scientists who NEVER went along with the covid scam".
First you need to define what you mean by the "covid scam". And then you need to demonstrate that the majority of prominent scientists (which also needs defining - how do you define "prominent"?) didn't agree with whatever you think is the covid scam. That declaration is calling bullshit on the response to Covid, as we all did on here at the time. But as I said there's far too many people who have signed it to sensibly do what you ask.

And that goes for ever other answer you gave. This isn't a tit-for-tat, my "fact" for your "fact" whereby the troll with the most endurance wins the internets. But that's where you are playing at the moment. Yu need to go beyond that, without fear and with the honesty to critically consider all that you encounter.
I don't know what any of that means. I'm just responding to your posts.

It's interesting how you avoided certain points I raised.
Well firstly, you routinely ignore questions I put to you. And secondly, what did I avoid and why is that interesting?

It's also interesting how you quote the Bible, as if knowledge of the Bible gives you credentials.
You regularly question my Christian beliefs in a way which shows an ignorance of the Bible and what Christians actually do believe.
The Bible is the starting point for any Christian, it's what all Christian beliefs are based on. Anyone who talks about Christian belief without referencing the Bible should be treated with suspicion.

There's a big difference between Christianity and the church, wouldn't you say?
I'd say some churches are not living out Christianity as I understand it. I don't think mine is one of those though, I wouldn't go to it if I thought that. If by "the church" you mean all the structures of the C of E then that's all man-made of course, but I don't go to a church like that (neither do I have a particular problem with them).

And there's a big difference between the Word of God and the thousand times "interpreted" word of man.
The Bible is the word of God. Obviously any version we read of it now is a translation, but by cross-checking different versions and by looking a bit into the original languages and learning a bit about what the words literally mean you can come to a decent understanding of what the text means. Of course any understanding involves some interpretation. So I'd vaguely agree there's some difference, I don't agree there's a big difference.

WMUG
01-02-2024, 02:35 PM
The Bible is the starting point for any Christian, it's what all Christian beliefs are based on. Anyone who talks about Christian belief without referencing the Bible should be treated with suspicion.

Sola Scriptura :sulk:

Deus Vult!

Letters
01-02-2024, 04:34 PM
Sola Scriptura :sulk:
I had to Google that. :lol:
I think I lean towards prima scriptura!

The Wengerbabies
01-02-2024, 07:07 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2024/feb/01/clapham-chemical-attack-hunt-for-suspect-latest-updates?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

This brilliant young scientist conducting a chemistry experiment. We're lucky to have him and to think his claim was denied twice before finally being accepted.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2024, 12:22 AM
It currently has 939,000 signatories. You're clearly going to get a wide range of opinions amongst a population of nearly a million people.

You are doing it again. It's pretty easy to pick 10-20 prominent (as in, world renowned) scientists in the specific discipline from that mass of signatories. Or even ONE. And then just dig, read, see what's there. Is it possible there's a counter argument to the official narrative? Possible? Does that argument stand up to scrutiny? Is it worth considering? Does it enhance your knowledge in any useful way.

This is what I mean by honest, cowardice and courage.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2024, 12:43 AM

What did the Bible say at the very moment Jesus sat down at the Last Supper? Yes, I know the writings that eventually became the Bible - many centuries later - informed us of the Last Supper. But the catch-22 for the zealot is if the Bible is "true" then the Last Supper occurred, even though the Bible didn't exist at the time. And, according to the Bible that didn't exist at the time, what did Jesus mention at the time? Which utterly refuted all requirement for a church or its codified pecking order?

And so the professional marketing industry moved in and created your church, and all the others. And so God's and Jesus' message circled the drain as the greater ambitions of power and prosperous piety rose to prominence. And all the acolytes chanted, Amen! History is important.

Don't be giving your Bible copy/ pastes as a measure of your authority and virtue. And certainly don't be casting suspicions on those who understand the true meaning behind that much manipulated book. You are doing what you always do - seeking legitimacy through a hierarchical system and glibly accepting your inferiority. Who gave your church the right to act as middleman between yourself and God? What arrogance on their part, and what subservience on yours.

My church exists wherever and whenever I want it to. And my Bible is an innate understanding which comes naturally to any MORAL person - not "the word" of man, but the deeds of man. The word is meaningless without understanding the consequences of the deeds. And doctrine has ZERO place in human understanding - just as the foot soldier claims he was only following the orders of his betters . Doctrine is a creation of man, not God.

The only greater sin than these whackos who claim they are so wonderful they are gods in themselves is the sin of abdicating a relationship with God and placing that responsibility in the hands of arrogant interlopers who claim to have special dispensation to manage your relationship with your God. Those people can go and fuck themselves really, can't they? Vain and overblown doesn't begin to describe them.

Tell me about your church and your Bible study classes again, so I may find my place on the ladder, below you presumably.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2024, 01:02 AM
I know somebody who suffered Bible study classes so they could get into a Catholic school - you know, schools that still do schooling shit. Reading , writing, all that stuff. So he was virtuous by default, though he freely admits he can't remember a word of it. He's a fucking good bloke though. Naturally decent. Which leave me wondering why he needed to go to classes to prove it. Smells like indoctrination to me, but I'm an accurate cynic. There were others in that class. Bastards if you ask me. Horrible cunts. But they passed too. Some of them got an A in virtue.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2024, 01:15 AM
The Covid Scam.

"The Science" when we already had real science. The "trials" when we already had mechanism to establish efficacy and safety. The definitions, when vaccines became "vaccines" that didn't prevent infection and didn't prevent transmission. The open lies of the bodies that were supposed to be impartial but instead turned into marketing agencies for the pharma gang. The definitions, died FROM and died WITH, a new invention. The disappearance of respiratory disease, apart from covid of course. The media - don't get me started. 10,000 DEAD, 20,000 DEAD... roll the death count. The censorship. The removal of civil liberties that had the doubly terrible effect of making people believe those liberties were in the gift of authoritarians in the first place. The "tests" that were already roundly dismissed by the genuine scientists who created the "tests". The murder of the elderly. The new bills that passed parliament undiscussed, never mind unopposed. THE PROFIT - gargantuan and all at the expense of economy shattering measures. The SILENCE, when the fallout started to become obvious - they've punted the so-called inquiry, haven't they? Need to get get a new gang elected first so the old gang can get comfy on the boards of Pfizer and Moderna.

etc, etc...

But yes, I know you can't see any of it.

Letters
02-02-2024, 02:39 PM
What did the Bible say at the very moment Jesus sat down at the Last Supper? Yes, I know the writings that eventually became the Bible - many centuries later - informed us of the Last Supper. But the catch-22 for the zealot is if the Bible is "true" then the Last Supper occurred, even though the Bible didn't exist at the time. And, according to the Bible that didn't exist at the time, what did Jesus mention at the time? Which utterly refuted all requirement for a church or its codified pecking order?
I don't know, what did Jesus say? I mean, he said loads of things. What are you getting at?
I don't dispute that a lot of the structures in the church are man-made. The bloke who started our church said something which amused me. He said he was asked whether he believed in women priests, he replied he didn't really believe in men priests! Priests are in the Bible of course, but the whole point of the New Testament is we don't need anyone to intercede between us and God. The whole idea of having to go to a priest to confess your sins and they absolve you is bizarre to me, that's not the New Testament message at all.

And so the professional marketing industry moved in and created your church
Nope. The aforementioned bloke started it in his house. We now have a building but we're not in any of the structures you're alluding to.

Don't be giving your Bible copy/ pastes as a measure of your authority and virtue.
You still don't get it. I have no authority. I quote the Bible because I believe it has authority.

And certainly don't be casting suspicions on those who understand the true meaning behind that much manipulated book.
That's you, is it? Thousands of years of doctrinal and theological debate and you've got it all sussed out.
If you say so, dude. But if you're not starting with Scripture then you're doing it wrong. In my opinion, of course.

You are doing what you always do - seeking legitimacy through a hierarchical system and glibly accepting your inferiority.
Seeking legitimacy? As I keep explaining, it's the Bible that has authority, not me.

Who gave your church the right to act as middleman between yourself and God? What arrogance on their part, and what subservience on yours.
Are you talking about the Catholics again? If so then yeah, funny lot. But the message of the New Testament is you don't need a middle man between you and God. But a church community is a useful place to learn, grow and be supported. If you pick the right one, and I agree a lot of churches are pretty bad examples of what they should be. I wouldn't go to one which I felt was like that.

My church exists wherever and whenever I want it to. And my Bible is an innate understanding which comes naturally to any MORAL person
So basically this is just you saying you're not a Christian, which is fine.

Tell me about your church and your Bible study classes again, so I may find my place on the ladder, below you presumably.
You still haven't understood.
There isn't a ladder, not at my church anyway.

Letters
02-02-2024, 04:14 PM
"The Science" when we already had real science.
As you have shown on multiple subjects, your definition of "real science" is science you agree with.

The "trials" when we already had mechanism to establish efficacy and safety.
We do, but those mechanisms take years. There was more urgency around this.

The definitions, when vaccines became "vaccines" that didn't prevent infection and didn't prevent transmission.
But they did prevent a lot of deaths. Well, according to the research I've read, but that doesn't say what you want so I guess it's not real science.

The open lies of the bodies that were supposed to be impartial but instead turned into marketing agencies for the pharma gang.
Examples?

The definitions, died FROM and died WITH, a new invention.
Simply not true. The concept that someone has multiple conditions, one of which is declared the primary cause of death and others which they die "with" is not new at all.

The disappearance of respiratory disease, apart from covid of course.
We covered this at the time, multiple times. A new respiratory disease tends to dominate a flu cycle.

The media - don't get me started. 10,000 DEAD, 20,000 DEAD... roll the death count.
Well, sure. I think we're aligned on that. The media in this country is lamentably poor and sensationalist.

The censorship.
What was censored? I mean, by definition of something was censored then you don't know about it.

The removal of civil liberties that had the doubly terrible effect of making people believe those liberties were in the gift of authoritarians in the first place.
Again, we discussed this multiple times during the pandemic. The concept that the state can remove certain liberties in unusual times is not new. Remember we spoke about the blitz? How you couldn't open your curtains with the lights? The covid rules were designed to deal with an extreme situation. I think we all agree they were completely misguided, but they weren't some authoritarian land-grab. All those rules have now been removed.

The "tests" that were already roundly dismissed by the genuine scientists who created the "tests".
Again, this is simply incorrect. I watched the video you pointed to at the time, he just didn't say what you're claiming.
And remember how you claimed the WHO admitted the tests didn't work on their website?
It took me 5 minutes to find the relevant page which basically just said that they work if you use them correctly.
You routinely make 2 and 2 add up to 5, so desperate are you to see conspiracy and villainy everywhere you look.

The murder of the elderly.
Murder implies intent. Hanlon's razor, etc etc.

The new bills that passed parliament undiscussed, never mind unopposed.
Which ones are those? The ones which ban protest? I guess someone forgot to tell all the recent protests about those.

THE PROFIT - gargantuan and all at the expense of economy shattering measures.
Well, sure. The idea that the powers that be profiteer over situations like this is hardly news.
But don't conflate that opportunism with the idea that they manufactured the situation.

The SILENCE, when the fallout started to become obvious - they've punted the so-called inquiry, haven't they? Need to get get a new gang elected first so the old gang can get comfy on the boards of Pfizer and Moderna.
Nope. They're ongoing. The next batch starts next week and is being broadcast live on YouTube
https://covid19.public-inquiry.uk/hearings/
You can go in person if you like.

But yes, I know you can't see any of it.
I can't see things that aren't there.
Just like I can't see the army on my street. They're not there, they never were.
It's you seeing things that aren't there, dude, and then lamenting that I can't.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2024, 07:49 PM
I don't know, what did Jesus say? I mean, he said loads of things. What are you getting at?

Ha.

Incredible.

What was the POINT of the Last Supper?

As for the rest of it - which dissenting voice did you choose to read up on? I see you've excused everything using, coincidentally no doubt, the mainstream viewpoint. But, being that reasonable and rational person you are dressed up as, because heaven forbid you'd be the type of person who says, with zero pressure, "You still don't get it. I have no authority. I quote the Bible because I believe it has authority." - How have you counterbalanced your certainty? To reach that reasonable and rational declaration?

Sources please! LOL.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2024, 07:54 PM
I'm sorry to laugh at you. It's not you, as such. I just find a desperate and sad amusement in people who are so entirely fearful and subservient as a result. So many times you say, well I don't know anything about that - which is admirable, by the way. When you don't know about something (and none of us - I hope - know everything about everything) then just say it. So house points there. Yet you then convert your ignorance into firm conclusions that just so happen to coincide with what's written by the BBC. Maybe it's just me making 2+2=Your own Words.

I don't mean to laugh. Not at you. I laugh at everyone like you because it's better than crying.

And if Jesus descended today, you'd condemn him to death. And so would the cult you just described as a church.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2024, 08:03 PM
Again, we discussed this multiple times during the pandemic. The concept that the state can remove certain liberties in unusual times is not new. Remember we spoke about the blitz? How you couldn't open your curtains with the lights? The covid rules were designed to deal with an extreme situation. I think we all agree they were completely misguided, but they weren't some authoritarian land-grab. All those rules have now been removed.

There were real bombs falling in WWII - you could see them, feel them, touch them and taste them. And they killed you. No room for media intervention. A bomb either happened or it didn't. And the results were tangible and non-contested for obvious, deadly reasons.

Covid though - remember the "British" hospitals where those poor Italian pensioners were gasping for air? Or the blatant lies about transmission and immunity? Probably better to ignore all that and go with, "Something needed to be done."

By whom?

Lovaable pedophiles who have your best interests at heart? People who would never ever join the board of Moderna having stood on a press podium and stated - here is MY policy for Covid, and fuck you if you don't like it. People who played with pretty models in their basement while mummy complained that bitch left cum stains on your underpants again Neil!

Okay, so even if the "new science" was real - still zero evidence of that unless you want to present some - don't you even have a few questions about the utter, utter wankers who decide these things? I mean you know they are utter, utter wankers, right? Or don't you even acknowledge that much? Are you that whipped?

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2024, 08:11 PM
Again, this is simply incorrect. I watched the video you pointed to at the time, he just didn't say what you're claiming.
And remember how you claimed the WHO admitted the tests didn't work on their website?
It took me 5 minutes to find the relevant page which basically just said that they work if you use them correctly.
You routinely make 2 and 2 add up to 5, so desperate are you to see conspiracy and villainy everywhere you look.

Sure, fine.

WHO said x20 because Mullis said don't ever use it for that. But x20 is a reasonable lie.

So the government said how about x35? And did that.

And when the Irish government followed the WHO regulations they had to back off because they suddenly lost most of their Covid deaths.

But you aren't interested in science, are you? You are only interested in the ways and means to refute it so the political argument can remain standing.

And what's more, you said you watched the video I posted. Along with maybe 20 other posts. And I believe you. But you never understood a word of it, did you? Because otherwise you wouldn't be posing such a ridiculous argument.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2024, 08:14 PM
And there are many more posts I could make based on your NPC/AI responses.

But why? Your mind is not one to be argued with.

No matter what atrocity occurs next you'll have an apology for it. And all the while you'll smile and claim you are taking the Christian path. As people actually die. And suffer.

But it's not about them. It's about how you appear to 12 posters on an obscure forum.

And I don't dismiss the fact you have your fan base. Obviously, because people who can't bear to see will always pool with those who are blind.

Letters
02-02-2024, 10:31 PM
If he died, he died :rose:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68188746

WMUG
03-02-2024, 11:15 AM
Mom said he was sleeping.

Mac76
03-02-2024, 12:19 PM
Not seen those films

Letters
03-02-2024, 06:49 PM
You’ve never seen a Rocky film? :blink:
How that possible? :unsure:

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-02-2024, 06:56 PM
You’ve never seen a Rocky film? :blink:
How that possible? :unsure:

Clearly never watched ITV4.

Letters
03-02-2024, 07:08 PM

Saw Creed II in the cinema, thought it was pretty good.
Big fan of II, from the originals. III is good too, IV is silly but fun.
The less said about V the better :sulk:
The original is good but a bit slow, compared to the others.
Rocky Balboa was implausible but they just about got away with it.

IBK
05-02-2024, 11:18 AM

Saw Creed II in the cinema, thought it was pretty good.
Big fan of II, from the originals. III is good too, IV is silly but fun.
The less said about V the better :sulk:
The original is good but a bit slow, compared to the others.
Rocky Balboa was implausible but they just about got away with it.

The original Rocky is a masterpiece. I loved the downbeat and realistic vibe. The later movies were fun in the main but less of a story.

I'm a Carl Weathers fan - its sad that he is gone...

HCZ_Reborn
05-02-2024, 11:26 AM
The original Rocky is a masterpiece. I loved the downbeat and realistic vibe. The later movies were fun in the main but less of a story.

I'm a Carl Weathers fan - its sad that he is gone...

Rocky is a great film. Carl Wethers is also really good in the Mandalorian

The Wengerbabies
05-02-2024, 06:14 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68208157

We gonna waste all that money again soon?

Letters
05-02-2024, 06:15 PM
Coronations are like buses. Nothing for ages and then two come along at once.

The Wengerbabies
05-02-2024, 06:17 PM
At least we'll get all that inheritance tax again... oh wait....

HCZ_Reborn
05-02-2024, 06:30 PM
Coronations are like buses. Nothing for ages and then two come along at once.

It would have been much better for everyone if Charles III had been like his great uncle and abdicated as King before his coronation, therefore Bertie had his coronation.

HCZ_Reborn
05-02-2024, 06:31 PM
At least we'll get all that inheritance tax again... oh wait....

Oh don’t. Absolute joke that we aren’t even allowed to know what they bring in…like the amount of money the Wales’ make from the Duchy of Cornwall lands.

The Wengerbabies
05-02-2024, 06:36 PM
Oh don’t. Absolute joke that we aren’t even allowed to know what they bring in…like the amount of money the Wales’ make from the Duchy of Cornwall lands.

Seriously all I'm thinking about is how much is this nonsense going to cost us?

HCZ_Reborn
05-02-2024, 06:38 PM

Depends on what cancer has been found, where it is, what stage it’s at….and whether it’s metastatic

But I do think the Crown should pay out of its own pocket

The Wengerbabies
05-02-2024, 06:40 PM
Depends on what cancer has been found, where it is, what stage it’s at….and whether it’s metastatic

But I do think the Crown should pay out of its own pocket

Not the treatment the bloody funeral and coronation.

I think it's probably pretty advanced or they wouldn't have announced it.

Letters
05-02-2024, 07:43 PM
Probably not as much as the £240m the Rwanda nonsense has cost us…

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/commentaries/qa-the-uks-policy-to-send-asylum-seekers-to-rwanda/

I always think the money thing is a bullshit argument.
Most of that money just goes back into the economy anyway, all the stuff they buy for these events, all the money spent on the wages of people who work at the events. All that money is going back in to the economy anyway.
I do think there’s a sensible debate to be had about the place of a monarchy in the 21st century but my overall feeling is the big problems in this country are caused by the idiots we elect, not the figureheads we do not. There’s an argument to get rid of them, but I don’t think it would fix anything.

WMUG
06-02-2024, 09:52 AM
My church exists wherever and whenever I want it to. And my Bible is an innate understanding which comes naturally to any MORAL person

So basically this is just you saying you're not a Christian

:haha:

https://youtu.be/dYT88XSA18g?si=2QfMCDQvHkppRa77&t=71

IBK
06-02-2024, 10:35 AM
Probably not as much as the £240m the Rwanda nonsense has cost us…

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/commentaries/qa-the-uks-policy-to-send-asylum-seekers-to-rwanda/

I always think the money thing is a bullshit argument.
Most of that money just goes back into the economy anyway, all the stuff they buy for these events, all the money spent on the wages of people who work at the events. All that money is going back in to the economy anyway.
I do think there’s a sensible debate to be had about the place of a monarchy in the 21st century but my overall feeling is the big problems in this country are caused by the idiots we elect, not the figureheads we do not. There’s an argument to get rid of them, but I don’t think it would fix anything.

Indeed. And the idea that what is spent on the monarchy would made any real difference if it were credited to the government's coffers is pretty ludicrous IMO.

HCZ_Reborn
06-02-2024, 12:47 PM
Had a little lad in the doctors surgery keep coming up to me to touch my face. He was wearing giant earphones, I didn’t care for the attention and the mother kept coming to take him away. But I smiled politely and laughed and said he’s ok and even said to the boy “hello mate”. Can’t do with being rude to children, he’s not hurting me

HCZ_Reborn
07-02-2024, 10:45 AM
https://youtu.be/mXdzAZvid0E?si=ZUIp12hf6ZfC4Ivo

HCZ_Reborn
07-02-2024, 10:45 AM
https://youtu.be/E3Ibz5cVLZU?si=dzhOpR1oaK1792IN

HCZ_Reborn
07-02-2024, 11:55 AM
https://youtu.be/FQc8iGjp_Fg?si=CODePuWQe7tAORR9

Letters
09-02-2024, 02:51 PM
What was the POINT of the Last Supper?
I'm pretty confident you don't know the answer to that.
I'm not sure I do, I'm sure this is a subject that whole books have been written about.
But it was a celebration of the Passover, a Passover meal with his Disciples. The last time they were all together before the Crucifixion.
The Communion ceremony comes from it, but I don't know if instituting that was the point of it.
I'm interested to know what your answer is.

As for the rest of it - which dissenting voice did you choose to read up on?
If you want to suggest some names then fine. But we both know we're probably wasting our times.
I'd be surprised if many serious scientists take the view you do. As we've discussed, you interpret things really poorly.
You interpret "you need to do PCR tests correctly" as "the tests don't work". Your worldview robs you of objectivity. True of everyone, up to a point, but your views are more extreme than most.

I see you've excused everything using, coincidentally no doubt, the mainstream viewpoint.
A lot of the things you said simply weren't true. It's not "excusing" things when the thing is false.
The mainstream viewpoint is that the earth is round. Just because something is mainstream, that doesn't make it incorrect. The mainstream viewpoint becomes such because it's accepted by most of the experts. You deride the BBC but as I've pointed out multiple times, at the start of the pandemic you dismissed a couple of BBC articles as "fake news" (one was about an F1 race being cancelled, one about a football fixture - just as things started to shut down because of the pandemic). Both were accurate.

How have you counterbalanced your certainty?
On occasions when you've posted links I've looked at them. You had a little thing going with Dr John Campbell. The "I'm just asking questions" guy. Although when I pointed you in the direction of other people who took apart his stuff and showed how Campbell used incomplete data to make points which didn't stack up, you went in to full "la la la, not listening" mode and dismissed it as "propaganda". You're only interested in listening to the people who back up your worldview.

I just find a desperate and sad amusement in people who are so entirely fearful and subservient as a result.
Fearful :lol:
As for subservient. We've covered the necessity of government. Believing that doesn't make me subservient.

And so would the cult you just described as a church.
Cult :lol:. It's funny how you deride what you call my "certainty" and then speak so confidently about things you know literally nothing about.
First you deride churches who are in big bureaucratic hierarchies. Then when I say mine isn't in one of those it's a cult.
Heads I win, tails you lose. :shrug:

There were real bombs falling in WWII - you could see them, feel them, touch them and taste them
I don't think bombs were edible. But that's me being silly. Yes, bombs are visible, viruses aren't. What are real are excess death stats

https://i.ibb.co/xSpGtCf/Excess-Mortality.jpg

And hospitalisation rates

https://i.ibb.co/B2q0wJM/Covid-Hospitalisations.jpg

I suspect you will either ignore those stats or call them fake. So that tells me that there was "a situation" which required a response. I've relayed numerous times my conversation with an ICU doctor, his account backs up that this was a real thing. So yes, I think something needed to be done. That does not mean I think the response was correct.

By whom?
By the government, that's their job.
I don't think they have my best interests at heart. And I don't think they're competent. But it's all we have. Someone has to make the rules.
But they're not out to crush and oppress us either. Your worldview led you down the rabbit hole or marshal law, curfews, checkpoints, the army on the streets. None of it happened. What Covid rules are there now? Nothing that's affecting my day to day life. Doesn't the fact that the way things unfolded was very different to the way you imagined it would give you any pause? Does it not make you reconsider your worldview at all?

don't you even have a few questions about the utter, utter wankers who decide these things? I mean you know they are utter, utter wankers, right? Or don't you even acknowledge that much?
I've been clear loads of times that we have terrible leaders who make terrible decisions. They're incompetent and self-serving. None of that is controversial. I do thing a system of government is required in a modern, complex society. If I ruled the world I'd make our voting system more representative, maybe not full PR but certainly something which yields a government more representative of people's views. I have no time for UKIP but in one election they got about 12% of the vote across the country and 1 MP. That's obvious nonsense, and a more representative system would mean you can vote for who you want and not need all this tactical voting nonsense you get now. And I'd make sure there was more accountability for those in power. It should be easier to replace the powers that be if they're bolloxing things us as much as our lot have over the last few years.

But why? Your mind is not one to be argued with.
That would work better if it wasn't coming from someone who made a load of hysterical predictions during the pandemic and consistently refuses to even acknowledge they were wrong...

It's about how you appear to 12 posters on an obscure forum.
:lol: Yeah, I became mod to be popular. I don't go out of my way to be disliked, but I don't court a "fanbase" either, neither do I have one in any meaningful sense.

Letters
13-02-2024, 05:17 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68287707

Steve Wright in the afterlife :unsure:

HCZ_Reborn
14-02-2024, 11:33 AM
My nephew turns 11 today…Jesus fucking Christ. I was on this hell site actually before he was born (under another identity)

He might have been born on Valentine’s Day but he can’t top the fact that The Big Breakfast started out on my ninth birthday on September 28th 1992

https://youtu.be/2kAwHKiRjuI?si=95FdP2nVceyxfUn2

Mac76
14-02-2024, 11:41 AM
Thanks for your DOB, I'll now set about hacking your bank account

HCZ_Reborn
14-02-2024, 11:51 AM
Thanks for your DOB, I'll now set about hacking your bank account

In fairness you could just as easily do that with every silly sod who tells you it’s their birthday and how old they are when they are on here. Including me when I’m pretty sure I said when I turned 40. Plus even without your comment, if someone did hack into my social media accounts or bank it wouldn’t take me long to work out a list of suspects.

Anyway Marshall McLuhan predicted an age where our personal data would be available to everyone and we’d be happy about it (the advent of social media).

But whilst we are here, why not play a game where people tell us what their mothers maiden name is where they went to school and the name of their first pet

HCZ_Reborn
14-02-2024, 12:51 PM
Dad Joke du jour

Roger Moore is involved in a car crash and goes to the police station to report it

The officer behind the front desk asks “what gear were you in when you crashed?”

Roger raises his eyebrows in characteristic fashion and says “Safari suit and loafers”

Letters
14-02-2024, 01:01 PM
Or...

Sean Connery's agent calls him and tells him he's got him an audition the following morning. He tells Sean to get there for tennish.
"Tennish?", replies Sean, "But I don't even have a racket!".

HCZ_Reborn
14-02-2024, 01:05 PM
Or...

Sean Connery's agent calls him and tells him he's got him an audition the following morning. He tells Sean to get there for tennish.
"Tennish?", replies Sean, "But I don't even have a racket!".

Heard it before but it’s of course a classic :d

HCZ_Reborn
15-02-2024, 09:19 AM
Being playing the latest version of FM2024, I’m thinking of complaining about its level of unrealism. Gabriel Jesus is a competent striker…the bugger netted a brace against Chelsea in my latest league game. More than that not only does he involve himself in other areas of the pitch he doesn’t do that to the detriment of his forward play, he’s constantly looking to latch on to through balls from Odegaard and Rice and although he misses a few he’s generally very clinical as well as being a solid penalty taker.

The game still tries to trick me into playing Havertz in the box to box role by I’m not having any of it. I play Rice or Thomas Partey though (which is doubly unrealistic as Rice absolutely lacks the skill set for that role)

It could be that unlike Arteta I’m not coaching these players to death, many of them operate in free roles where they are encouraged to roam from their position and take shots on. I do get a lot of set piece goals, Saliba, Gabriel both score from set pieces regularly…Tomi and White like to contribute to the goals as well

Most unrealistic of all, I sold Reiss Nelson for 25 million and bought Facundo Bounanotte from Brighton for 15 million

Although I did have to pay through the nose to Palace for Cheick Doucoure to replace Mo Elneny

Letters
15-02-2024, 01:33 PM
Gretel the maid would get it.

https://www.knightmare.com/characters/powers-that-be/gretel.html

WMUG
15-02-2024, 08:35 PM
So, the new names of the Overground lines.

Other options were available :lol:

Letters
15-02-2024, 09:16 PM
Yes. I now live on the Weaver line.
:shrug:

Letters
15-02-2024, 10:06 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68310126

How have they only just done this?
Didn’t they invent bumming?

HCZ_Reborn
15-02-2024, 11:46 PM

I don’t think anyone invented bumming, it’s just kind of discovered…like Fire or more pertinently AIDS.

The Greeks invented Pederasty…but I’m pretty sure this new law won’t allow an adult male to marry a teenage boy

Letters
16-02-2024, 08:51 AM
The Greeks invented Pederasty…but I’m pretty sure this new law won’t allow an adult male to marry a teenage boy
Political correctness gone mad :sulk:

HCZ_Reborn
16-02-2024, 12:28 PM
So I went to the doctor a few weeks ago to get my prostate checked (what? Im getting to that age)

He puts the rubber glove on does his exam and says to me “you seem very tense, is what I’m doing making you nervous?”

And I said to him “No you only make me nervous when you put both hands on my shoulders”

Niall_Quinn
17-02-2024, 09:14 PM
So I went to the doctor a few weeks ago to get my prostate checked (what? Im getting to that age)

He puts the rubber glove on does his exam and says to me “you seem very tense, is what I’m doing making you nervous?”

And I said to him “No you only make me nervous when you put both hands on my shoulders”

Did you get the jab? If so, prostate cancer is the least of your worries.

Niall_Quinn
17-02-2024, 09:15 PM

Are you fascinated by this sort of thing?

Niall_Quinn
17-02-2024, 09:16 PM
Being playing the latest version of FM2024, I’m thinking of complaining about its level of unrealism. Gabriel Jesus is a competent striker…the bugger netted a brace against Chelsea in my latest league game. More than that not only does he involve himself in other areas of the pitch he doesn’t do that to the detriment of his forward play, he’s constantly looking to latch on to through balls from Odegaard and Rice and although he misses a few he’s generally very clinical as well as being a solid penalty taker.

The game still tries to trick me into playing Havertz in the box to box role by I’m not having any of it. I play Rice or Thomas Partey though (which is doubly unrealistic as Rice absolutely lacks the skill set for that role)

It could be that unlike Arteta I’m not coaching these players to death, many of them operate in free roles where they are encouraged to roam from their position and take shots on. I do get a lot of set piece goals, Saliba, Gabriel both score from set pieces regularly…Tomi and White like to contribute to the goals as well

Most unrealistic of all, I sold Reiss Nelson for 25 million and bought Facundo Bounanotte from Brighton for 15 million

Although I did have to pay through the nose to Palace for Cheick Doucoure to replace Mo Elneny

How do you have time for it? Do you not know what is going on? We need you bud.

Niall_Quinn
17-02-2024, 09:26 PM
I'm pretty confident you don't know the answer to that.

Yeah, but I do.

And so do ALL REAL Christians.

That was the church. That was the congregation. That was all that was ever required by God. And the rest of it - your cult - God never asked for it and God won't give you house points for your worship of false idols.

The real message is YOU are the vessel of God. What will YOU do? Fuck everyone else, in that context, what will YOU do?

I know, fuck all is the answer. Ask permission to profess your faith. Ask permission to engage with your representatives. Ask permission of your media and your "experts". It's a way of death, not life. God never told you to do this. You chose it, despite God. And now you create a cult to apologise for your own behaviour. It's of man, not God.

I am the worst sinner, because I know God judges me and still I do it anyway. But it's the belief (as in scientific and cultural and spiritual) that counts. YOUR god is fear. Your worship because you are afraid of what might happen if you don't. Just like you are afraid of everything else This much is obvious from what you have said.

You need to tumble from a donkey. It is urgent because time is short.

Also, YES, I DO KNOW more than every possessor of the word of god made by man. Yes, I do dispense with and bypass the proclamations of mortals as they pontificate on the infinite and eternal, and I can do this in a spiritual mode or just by falling back on physics.

You strike me as a person who has no knowledge of God. You have never experienced Him. Otherwise you couldn't possibly be the way you are. And I don't condemn you for that. I encourage you to keep searching.

Letters
19-02-2024, 10:50 AM
I'll file all that under "tell me you know nothing about me* without telling me you know nothing about me"
*or my church.

Mac76
19-02-2024, 12:03 PM
Yeah, but I do.

And so do ALL REAL Christians.

That was the church. That was the congregation. That was all that was ever required by God. And the rest of it - your cult - God never asked for it and God won't give you house points for your worship of false idols.

The real message is YOU are the vessel of God. What will YOU do? Fuck everyone else, in that context, what will YOU do?

I know, fuck all is the answer. Ask permission to profess your faith. Ask permission to engage with your representatives. Ask permission of your media and your "experts". It's a way of death, not life. God never told you to do this. You chose it, despite God. And now you create a cult to apologise for your own behaviour. It's of man, not God.

I am the worst sinner, because I know God judges me and still I do it anyway. But it's the belief (as in scientific and cultural and spiritual) that counts. YOUR god is fear. Your worship because you are afraid of what might happen if you don't. Just like you are afraid of everything else This much is obvious from what you have said.

You need to tumble from a donkey. It is urgent because time is short.

Also, YES, I DO KNOW more than every possessor of the word of god made by man. Yes, I do dispense with and bypass the proclamations of mortals as they pontificate on the infinite and eternal, and I can do this in a spiritual mode or just by falling back on physics.

You strike me as a person who has no knowledge of God. You have never experienced Him. Otherwise you couldn't possibly be the way you are. And I don't condemn you for that. I encourage you to keep searching.

normally you rant like this at 3 in the morning but it looks like you started on the booze early yesterday

and it's funny i always thought you were an athiest which was one of the few marks of sanity about you, but it turns out even that isn't true

these really are the ravings of a lunatic, but to pick one part at random:

"I know God judges me"

how can you, as God is faith-based so surely all you can do is believe god judges you?

Letters
19-02-2024, 12:16 PM
To be fair, the only difference between saying you "believe" something and "know" something is your own perceived level of certainty.
You can claim to "know" things which aren't true.
NQ is not a man who seems to doubt his beliefs.

Mac76
19-02-2024, 12:31 PM
You can claim to "know" things which aren't true.

well of course somone can claim to 'know' things but aren't they exagerrating what is only a belief?

you can't know something unless you have evidence - i might believe it's raining outside, but i won't really know it's raining unless i look out of the window

that's the difference between knowledge and belief

HCZ_Reborn
19-02-2024, 12:43 PM
normally you rant like this at 3 in the morning but it looks like you started on the booze early yesterday

and it's funny i always thought you were an athiest which was one of the few marks of sanity about you, but it turns out even that isn't true

these really are the ravings of a lunatic, but to pick one part at random:

"I know God judges me"

how can you, as God is faith-based so surely all you can do is believe god judges you?

I don’t want to defend NQ here but I’m really not at all sure how you could have thought he was an atheist. He doesn’t rip on Letters for being a Christian, he rips on him for not being a proper Christian.

Atheism like Christianity has become politicised. You get fewer and fewer right wing Atheists and left wing Christians (Letters is what I’d call pretty middle of the road centrist)

I also don’t hate religion or Christianity I just have absolutely no use for it. The concept of God to me is both man made and transitory. As for Jesus…well an apocraphyal figure and also a bit of a cunt….no reason to accept him as the Messiah anymore than Herod Agrippa.

But what is interesting from an anthropological point of view is that every society has formed a religion of some kind. Both as a way of explaining things beyond our understanding and as a way of communal and moral galvanising.

Unlike most Atheists I don’t believe morality is innate, we don’t have a natural concept of right and wrong. Our morals and values come from the imprimatur of the society they live in…and we only ever have a minority of people reject those values….and we call these people heretics.

There’s no sense in denying that my so called custom made morality is an amalgamation of my parents values, judeo-Christianity and the enlightenment. But I don’t consider this to be a result of anything carrying any theistic value.

Mac76
19-02-2024, 12:50 PM
i don't hate religious people until they start trying to impose their beliefs on others

i also think it's a huge waste of goodwill, time and money which i know can do some good sometimes, but would be mroe effective if simply be put directly into good causes

that said i do like churches, they do provide places of quiet and thought and in some cases have outstanding architecture - but you could have places of peace in any case without all the reigious trappings