PDA

View Full Version : "Currants Bw..."

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
10-12-2016, 02:34 PM
You call that a 'debate'? I wouldn't. Nobody asked for your opinion on religion or for you to respect it. You decided to bring it up for some reason.

Get over yourself, do you see the discussions that go on in these threads relating to geopolitics no one asks anyone else for their opinions on this subject and yet they offer it.

I didn't realise one had to wait to be asked to venture an opinion. I don't agree with your opinion on many things football related I don't question your right to hold and or express such opinions.

So again going to say thanks for your interest, but I'll talk about what I want and when I want.

Letters
10-12-2016, 05:08 PM
For the record, I have no problem in people having a go at what I believe. As HCZ said, I'm a big boy (stop it), I can take it.
In general I don't get into religious debates online. I used to but:
a) I'll never argue anyone into faith, they have to find that for themselves
b) A lot of the people starting debates like this are just looking for the argument, not actually interested in knowing more.

But where I won't sit by is when people say "Christians believe..." and then spout a load of tosh which isn't Scriptural and which Christians DON'T believe.
If you're going to not believe in something then at least find out what you're not believing in!

Letters
10-12-2016, 05:09 PM
PS: I also enjoyed the whale's penis, (like your mum does).

Letters
10-12-2016, 05:29 PM
Also:

http://newsthump.com/2016/12/09/everyones-facebook-2016-review-film-a-harrowing-nightmare-of-death-and-political-idiocy/

:haha:

WMUG
11-12-2016, 12:33 PM
Motson really, really needs to retire.

Letters
11-12-2016, 03:04 PM
Is that who was commentating our game? If so then I concur. He can sod right off.
He was at great pains to emphasise how our 2nd goal came when Stoke had an injured player.

WMUG
11-12-2016, 05:22 PM
Is that who was commentating our game? If so then I concur. He can sod right off.
He was at great pains to emphasise how our 2nd goal came when Stoke had an injured player.

On MotD he was. My problem isn't that he's biased or anything like that, he's just 5 seconds behind the play the whole time. The ball will be crossed and then headed in and he'll say, "...Oh... OH! It's a goal! Giroud scores from the cross by Bellerin!". Stuff like that.

GP
11-12-2016, 05:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E6oFrh4CCw

Letters
11-12-2016, 11:26 PM
Exchanging contracts tomorrow...just like we were last Sunday.

:ilt:

Never.
Moving.
Again...

LDG
12-12-2016, 12:14 PM
Exchanging contracts tomorrow...just like we were last Sunday.

Never.
Moving.
Again...

Yours seems to have been quite quick!

Letters
12-12-2016, 08:00 PM
That's what she said <_<

I was told 10 weeks for a Leasehold, which we are currently. It's been about that now. I don't think we're far away, I wanted to get moved by Christmas, that won't happen now but so long as we exchange I can relax about it all. Every day it's the same conversation. "We're nearly ready, it's just...". It's been like that for a week now <_<.

It's a relatively long chain so getting everyone to agree hasn't been easy but we're hoping to move the first week of Jan :pray:
Maybe exchange tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath :(

Never* doing this again so I hope where we're moving to is nice.

* - well, not for ages if I can help it.

Coney
13-12-2016, 01:16 AM
Motson really, really needs to retire.

We were saying that in 1971 when I first started watching football! I wish he would just fuck off.

Coney
13-12-2016, 01:16 AM
Yours seems to have been quite quick!

That's what she said.

Letters
13-12-2016, 07:45 AM
That's what I said :angry:

Coney
13-12-2016, 07:22 PM
That's what I said :angry:

Oh yeah - didn't see it, mixed up in the rest of your rant. Apologies.

:d

Letters
14-12-2016, 11:17 AM
Aleppo :(

Wow, that sounds grim. :upset:

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-12-2016, 11:32 AM
Daytime TV is odd.

Apparently there are at least 58 gender identities.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Daytime TV is odd.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

Indeed I literally don't care what gender or sexuality label people want to attribute to themselves (well as long as it doesn't involve kids,animals or cadavers)

The problem is we are being told we have to care....i just want to keep it as simple as possible straight, queer, unpicky or tranny

GP
14-12-2016, 11:59 AM
Daytime TV is odd.

False, there are two.

Goonermerree
14-12-2016, 02:52 PM
Aleppo :(

Wow, that sounds grim. :upset:

It's terrible, I can't bear to think about it. The world is truly a wonderful and a truly nasty place.

Letters
14-12-2016, 04:18 PM
http://newsthump.com/2016/12/14/brexit-bus-receives-golden-globe-nomination-for-best-special-effect/

:lol:

GP
14-12-2016, 09:35 PM
Margot Robbie is quite attractive.

Marc Overmars
14-12-2016, 09:47 PM

Love that bitch.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Apparently Stormtroopers from Star Wars are invading the Capital in order to promote Rogue One

Interestingly enough they aren't armed with fake laser guns, that would have been interesting if they came up against an overly zealous armed policeman

"Wait a second this guy isn't a clone, he's just a fan boy....WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

GP
15-12-2016, 12:42 PM
Not all Stormtroopers are clones.

What a noob.

Letters
15-12-2016, 01:47 PM

*Googles*

So she is / I've had better*

* - Delete as appropriate.

LDG
15-12-2016, 01:56 PM
Not all Stormtroopers are clones.

What a noob.

I hate the way they made episodes VI, V and VI so dated. Just doesn't have the feel of the originals.

GP
16-12-2016, 09:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6uyFDiO.jpg

So I said, "Look buddy, your car was upside-down when I got here. And as for your grandmother, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that.

Power n Glory
16-12-2016, 09:24 AM

I hate the way they made episodes VI, V and VI so dated. Just doesn't have the feel of the originals.

You mean the ridiculous CGI added in? Yes, I agree. Watched them recently and they look terrible.

Power n Glory
16-12-2016, 09:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dut6sPW52Q

Worth following this.

Letters
16-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Trying to move house :lol:

:upset:

:crying:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-12-2016, 11:24 AM
You mean the ridiculous CGI added in? Yes, I agree. Watched them recently and they look terrible.

it seems to be a state of constant revisionism, from terrible 1990s CGI Jabba the Hutt in A new Hope from the cut scene they put back in, to slightly less terrible CGI Jabba the Hutt in the DVD releases where they put Hayden Christensen in force form at the end of Return of the Jedi instead of Sebastien Shaw. So now unless they change it again, forever will it be that Annakin Skywalker is Hayden Christensen so has it always been and so shall it ever be that Annakin is a terrible cardboard actor.

Power n Glory
16-12-2016, 11:43 AM
it seems to be a state of constant revisionism, from terrible 1990s CGI Jabba the Hutt in A new Hope from the cut scene they put back in, to slightly less terrible CGI Jabba the Hutt in the DVD releases where they put Hayden Christensen in force form at the end of Return of the Jedi instead of Sebastien Shaw. So now unless they change it again, forever will it be that Annakin Skywalker is Hayden Christensen so has it always been and so shall it ever be that Annakin is a terrible cardboard actor.

This is why I'm glad George Lucas has been cut out from the latest movies. He's sat on this franchise for decades and has tried to squeeze the life out of the original movies. He even changed the scene where Han shot first. Instead of trying to revise old work, he should have kept on creating and expanding. There is enough material out there from others inspired by the originals to create so much more. Him selling the franchise is the best thing to happen for Star Wars.

GP
16-12-2016, 11:57 AM
We can all agree it needs more Gungans.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-12-2016, 12:02 PM
This is why I'm glad George Lucas has been cut out from the latest movies. He's sat on this franchise for decades and has tried to squeeze the life out of the original movies. He even changed the scene where Han shot first. Instead of trying to revise old work, he should have kept on creating and expanding. There is enough material out there from others inspired by the originals to create so much more. Him selling the franchise is the best thing to happen for Star Wars.

Well there's not much i can add to that other than i agree with you totally

Disney are getting their money's worth out of star wars, i went to Hong Kong Disney Land six months ago and it's everywhere...they have even turned Space Mountain into a Star Wars ride (why not).

Letters
16-12-2016, 12:09 PM
We can all agree it needs more Gungans.

*Googles*

Ah.

Wow you're a geek. Impressive.

Letters
16-12-2016, 12:10 PM
I do wish they'd stop with all the spin offs, that said, all the ones since the "Prequels" (and even they got OK towards the end) have been good

Power n Glory
16-12-2016, 12:14 PM
Well there's not much i can add to that other than i agree with you totally

Disney are getting their money's worth out of star wars, i went to Hong Kong Disney Land six months ago and it's everywhere...they have even turned Space Mountain into a Star Wars ride (why not).

"They looked at the stories and they said, 'We want to make something for the fans,'" Lucas said. "I said, 'All I want to do is tell a story'… They decided they didn’t want to use those [my] stories, they decided they were going to do their own thing. They weren’t that keen to have me involved anyway — if I get in there, I'm just going to cause trouble, because they're not going to do what I want them to do. And I don't have the control to do that anymore. All I would do is muck everything up. And so I said, 'OK, I will go my way, and I'll let them go their way.'"

:lol: Damn right. Sign the deal, take the money and fuck off. You've had plenty time to tell new stories and fucked them up in the process.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-12-2016, 12:14 PM
I do wish they'd stop with all the spin offs, that said, all the ones since the "Prequels" (and even they got OK towards the end) have been good

I think because the Star Wars universe is so deep that a spin off has been a long time coming and in my view very welcome

Some of the computer games alone created by the franchise have been excellent and have created characters that geeks/fanboys call them what you will would love to see in a film adaptation.

I'm currently going retro and downloaded the two original Knights of the Old Republic games from Steam, the second is no where near as good as the first but if you enjoy being a total bastard for no reason its highly reccomended ��

Power n Glory
16-12-2016, 12:26 PM
I think because the Star Wars universe is so deep that a spin off has been a long time coming and in my view very welcome

Some of the computer games alone created by the franchise have been excellent and have created characters that geeks/fanboys call them what you will would love to see in a film adaptation.

I'm currently going retro and downloaded the two original Knights of the Old Republic games from Steam, the second is no where near as good as the first but if you enjoy being a total bastard for no reason its highly reccomended ��

I agree. It's a massive world that should rival Star Trek or even the Marvel Universe. From video games to comic books, there are 100s of stories centered around Star Wars, all written by people other than George Lucas. A timeline that spans way beyond the original characters. The fact that Lucas messed up the prequels with the inconsistent story and poor writing....thanks George, but hand it over to someone else. If left in his hands, he'd have shat all over the franchise with the latest 4k revised version, more Jar Jar Binks to try and sell toys and Yoda appearing in more Vodafone ads. :lol: He really tried to milk it in the worst way.

Letters
16-12-2016, 12:33 PM
if you enjoy being a total bastard for no reason its highly reccomended ��
I thought that's what this place was for :unsure:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-12-2016, 12:41 PM
I agree. It's a massive world that should rival Star Trek or even the Marvel Universe. From video games to comic books, there are 100s of stories centered around Star Wars, all written by people other than George Lucas. A timeline that spans way beyond the original characters. The fact that Lucas messed up the prequels with the inconsistent story and poor writing....thanks George, but hand it over to someone else. If left in his hands, he'd have shat all over the franchise with the latest 4k revised version, more Jar Jar Binks to try and sell toys and Yoda appearing in more Vodafone ads. :lol: He really tried to milk it in the worst way.

The only decent character in the prequels (well Christopher Lee was ok as well i guess) had the scenes in which he appeared in cut down and that was Darth Maul

Brilliant simplistic conceptually

Actually now i think about it I thought Jango Fett was a fairly decent character as well even though the actor playing him was terrible but the fight scene albeit brief with Obi Wan Kenobi is another all too short highlight. I'd like to see more of the Mandalorians in the films.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-12-2016, 12:44 PM
I thought that's what this place was for :unsure:

Meh on here, you can't encourage other people to take people as slaves, murder people indiscriminately, make people pay to return the possessions of their dead loved ones, lie to people so they walk blindly into certain death without knowing it, find a cure to a plague virus and sell it to gangsters so they can sell it to the highest bidder, tell your companions that you only let them live as long as they are useful to you etc

Marc Overmars
16-12-2016, 01:13 PM
Love the idea of more spin offs from Star Wars. The universe and mythology is so vast, that as long as they get decent writers Star Wars can always be the gift that keeps on giving.

GP
16-12-2016, 01:19 PM
Donald Glover is playing Lando in the Han Solo Movie. I like that.

Niall_Quinn
16-12-2016, 01:49 PM
Love the idea of more spin offs from Star Wars. The universe and mythology is so vast, that as long as they get decent writers Star Wars can always be the gift that keeps on giving.

Provided they give the, young unwitting hero with latent Jedi powers, theme a miss. Done to death and rehashed all over again for Force Awakens.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-12-2016, 01:56 PM

Is there going to be a Billy Dee Williams Cameo?

He was the original and only Harvey Dent for me.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-12-2016, 01:57 PM
Provided they give the, young unwitting hero with latent Jedi powers, theme a miss. Done to death and rehashed all over again for Force Awakens.

What about a young, unwitting anti-hero with Sith powers?

Power n Glory
16-12-2016, 01:58 PM
The only decent character in the prequels (well Christopher Lee was ok as well i guess) had the scenes in which he appeared in cut down and that was Darth Maul

Brilliant simplistic conceptually

Actually now i think about it I thought Jango Fett was a fairly decent character as well even though the actor playing him was terrible but the fight scene albeit brief with Obi Wan Kenobi is another all too short highlight. I'd like to see more of the Mandalorians in the films.

The Darth Vader lightsabre duels were something else. Amazing. But I can't stand Phantom Menace. It's the worst of the lot for me. Attack of the Clones was decent and had moments but I hear everyone hates that one the most. Revenge of the Sith is up there with the originals imo. Obi Wan was decent and thought Count Dooku was ok too. I'll watch these again before I see Rogue One.

Power n Glory
16-12-2016, 02:26 PM

That guy's super talented. Can act, sing, produce and write his own music, writes comedy for TV and has his own stand up....should be good as Lando.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-12-2016, 03:01 PM
The Darth Vader lightsabre duels were something else. Amazing. But I can't stand Phantom Menace. It's the worst of the lot for me. Attack of the Clones was decent and had moments but I hear everyone hates that one the most. Revenge of the Sith is up there with the originals imo. Obi Wan was decent and thought Count Dooku was ok too. I'll watch these again before I see Rogue One.

Phantom Menace is an insult to my backside for having to sit through it. Not even Darth Maul makes me prepared to watch it....i just satisfy myself with the lightsabre duel between Qui Gon, Obi Wan and Darth Maul on you tube.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-12-2016, 03:03 PM

Revenge of the Sith has good fight scenes as does Attack of the Clones but the dialogue is awful and the plot not much better (what the hell is General Grievous meant to be, sounds like a chronic asthma sufferer in a robot suit)

Ewan McGregor is terrible in Phantom Menace but gets better in the other two films, Hayden Christiansen just irritates me he's so terrible how does he get work?

WMUG
18-12-2016, 04:56 PM
Toe punts. Because if I don't know where the ball's going, what hope does the keeper have?

Letters
19-12-2016, 09:13 AM
Zha Zha Gabor. :rose:
So good they named her twice.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-12-2016, 09:24 AM
Zha Zha Gabor. :rose:
So good they named her twice.

she'd technically been dead for five years, she was the ariel sharon of socialites

GP
19-12-2016, 12:42 PM
Is the GW server hosted in Aleppo or something?

Power n Glory
19-12-2016, 12:51 PM
It's been hacked by someone on Arsenal Fan TV! :lol:

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2016, 01:12 PM
So anyway, I'll bite.

Why are we posting this video all over the place today?

GP
19-12-2016, 01:16 PM
wtf is going on?

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2016, 01:59 PM
Something seriously wrong with the forum. That AFTV video is replacing posts, but if you quote the post you see the original content.

Either this is some form of weird propaganda/ censorship instigated by Letters (most likely), or there is a fault or corruption in the otherwise rock solid GW system (highly unlikely)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-12-2016, 02:04 PM
So anyway, I'll bite.

Why are we posting this video all over the place today?

I thought it was a virus

GP
19-12-2016, 02:28 PM
Thanks Obama

Letters
19-12-2016, 02:32 PM
Told you that, I could have...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38368526

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-12-2016, 02:37 PM
Has someone spiked me with Acid

Because everything i'm typing is coming out as a heavy set black dude and a white guy with a massive conk and a bobble hat.

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2016, 02:43 PM
I think PnG has gone a bit far in trying to make his point about Ozil.

Jolly bad show and all that :sulk:

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2016, 03:19 PM
Forum bods.

I don't know what sort of dog and pony show you are running here, but if you don't get it fixed fast I'll have to work instead!

If you are okay having that on your conscience then don't fix it. But if you have a shred of decency, pull your fucking fingers out!

Marc Overmars
19-12-2016, 03:20 PM
Forum bods.

I don't know what sort of dog and pony show you are running here, but if you don't get it fixed fast I'll have to work instead!

If you are okay having that on your conscience then don't fix it. But if you have a shred of decency, pull your fucking fingers out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY_uXrBe48A

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2016, 05:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY_uXrBe48A

Nice find!

Letters
19-12-2016, 05:59 PM
Jof Out!

Power n Glory
19-12-2016, 06:24 PM
Forum bods.

Don't look at me. You're the one that works in coding. :lol:

Letters
20-12-2016, 09:01 AM
http://newsthump.com/2016/12/19/zsa-zsa-gabor-to-marry-st-peter/

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-12-2016, 01:14 PM
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/media/2016/12/why-i-spent-three-years-sending-fake-rush-hour-crush-lonely-hearts-bulletins

amusing article

Letters
20-12-2016, 03:17 PM
"Although Essex Police originally thought he died of natural causes, it emerged he had been shot six times."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-essex-38377329

LDG
21-12-2016, 10:47 AM
This week is dragging like a bitch.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-12-2016, 10:47 AM
"Although Essex Police originally thought he died of natural causes, it emerged he had been shot six times."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-essex-38377329

That's embarrassing, i mean really embarrassing.I know the DCI who went on Crimewatch to talk about Goldfinger's murder used to work with him when he was at CID before he moved over to Major Investigations.

Letters
21-12-2016, 11:11 AM
In Warsaw on a very important business trip. No snow, disappointingly, but it is cold :cold:
I never did the Xmas smileys :doh:
Anyway. The week is going quite quickly because of that.
Not sure this house move is going to happen though :crying:
Silly cow who is supposed to buy our place is refusing to sign da ting, there are 6 families all sitting round not sure whether they can move in the new year all because of one silly girl who won't make a decision.
:angry:

GP
21-12-2016, 11:19 AM
In Warsaw on a very important business trip. No snow, disappointingly, but it is cold :cold:

Nice, I love the West Midlands.

Goonermerree
21-12-2016, 12:00 PM
I never did the Xmas smileys :doh:
Anyway. The week is going quite quickly because of that.
Not sure this house move is going to happen though :crying:
Silly cow who is supposed to buy our place is refusing to sign da ting, there are 6 families all sitting round not sure whether they can move in the new year all because of one silly girl who won't make a decision.
:angry:

I demand that you put up the Xmas smileys- now!!!!!!

Letters
21-12-2016, 12:10 PM
:( I did have a look but I'm not sure I know how to access the admin panel - have the details at home. Will contact Jof.

GP
21-12-2016, 12:32 PM
Unacceptable

Goonermerree
21-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Two days until Santa takes off and we are still awaiting our Xmas smileys.:upset:

Marc Overmars
21-12-2016, 12:40 PM
Too late now, the best part of Christmas is the build up and that is almost done.

Poor show.

Niall_Quinn
21-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Complete collapse at the crucial moment. Bottled it.

Letters
21-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Judge me at the end of the festive season :angry:

Goonermerree
21-12-2016, 02:43 PM
Judge me at the end of the festive season :angry:

Nah. Same old same old. Different year same old garbage.

GP
21-12-2016, 03:00 PM
Can't help but feel Letters' position is now untenable.

Letters
21-12-2016, 03:12 PM
I'm about to sign a new 2 year contract :coffee:

Goonermerree
21-12-2016, 03:59 PM
I'm about to sign a new 2 year contract :coffee:

Better pick a good moment to announce it. Probably New Year's Day when everyone is too hungover to notice!

GP
21-12-2016, 04:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UIL638M.png

fakeyank
21-12-2016, 08:30 PM
:gp:

:haha:

Letters
22-12-2016, 08:04 AM
:(

Letters
22-12-2016, 09:15 AM
Also. Christmas Smileys :bow: Better late than never :)
Shift+Refresh, bitches!

Also...laziest photoshopping ever, GP!

GP
22-12-2016, 09:19 AM
That would be pretty terrible for photoshop, but it's pretty good for MS paint.

Letters
22-12-2016, 09:33 AM
:lol: The tool of professionals.

Paint .NET isn't bad. It's free and it's better than Paint.

LDG
22-12-2016, 09:40 AM
:tree:

GP
22-12-2016, 10:02 AM
:ninja:

Letters
22-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Thanks to Jof btw who did this while I'm away and didn't have access to the files.

LDG
22-12-2016, 10:33 AM
Thanks to Jof btw who did this while I'm away and didn't have access to the files.

About time he did something productive.

Is he still peddling to keep the server running?

Letters
22-12-2016, 11:30 AM
Seems to be so far today.

Niall_Quinn
22-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Also. Christmas Smileys :bow: Better late than never :)
Shift+Refresh, bitches!

Also...laziest photoshopping ever, GP!

Too little, too late.

Goonermerree
22-12-2016, 12:12 PM
;):ninja::(:tree: Ah well! sigh, better make the most of it.

GP
22-12-2016, 12:15 PM
:penguin:

LDG
22-12-2016, 12:22 PM

:bow:

Letters
22-12-2016, 01:20 PM

I'd forgotten about him/her/it #politicallycorrect.

Letters
22-12-2016, 01:22 PM
Too little, too late.

But a billionaire bought the other boards and made better smileys. This is still in the top 4 Arsenal boards :(

LDG
22-12-2016, 01:55 PM
This is still in the top 4 Arsenal boards :(

I don't think so somehow.

Letters
22-12-2016, 05:11 PM
Exchanged!! :tree: :patrice:

Goonermerree
22-12-2016, 05:55 PM

congrats :tree:

GP
22-12-2016, 06:06 PM
Congo rats.

Who is it that used to say that?

Letters
22-12-2016, 09:26 PM
Er...no one?

Thanks! Moving on the 6th Jan. It's been such a palaver. Relieved it's over

:dance:

Now I've just got to pay for it...

Niall_Quinn
22-12-2016, 11:16 PM

Yep. Plenty of time for property deals. Pretty obvious where the focus is.

Niall_Quinn
22-12-2016, 11:16 PM
Congo rats.

Who is it that used to say that?

That's one of Prince Phillip's isn't it? From his last African tour.

GP
23-12-2016, 07:31 AM
To bongo bongo land? Got it off one of those fuzzy wuzzys

Letters
23-12-2016, 09:21 AM
Christmas Eve Eve :tree:

Came in to the office if only because I have some last minute shopping to do for MrsL and might as well do that in town. Half day anyway in the office and it's a Friday so it's like a ghost town here.

Letters
24-12-2016, 02:42 PM
Pretty much

http://newsthump.com/2016/12/24/youre-not-having-princess-fcking-leia-as-well-2016-told/

<_<

Letters
24-12-2016, 03:43 PM
Status Quo :rose:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38427459

LDG
24-12-2016, 03:45 PM
2016, the bitch. Got Rick Parfit now :(

Letters
24-12-2016, 03:50 PM
Aye, and doing its best to score a last minute goal with Carrie Fisher too.
Sod off, 2016! <_<

Niall_Quinn
24-12-2016, 05:15 PM
Santa is on the way guys.

Don't forget to spare a thought for those less fortunate than us:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4063808/MARTIN-KEOWN-Footballers-not-begrudge-playing-Christmas-period.html

Happy Christmas to all of you. Hope you have a good one.

Off to wrap presents, get paralytic and prep for the official 5:30am wake up and severe hangover.

Letters
24-12-2016, 06:14 PM
Off to wrap presents, get paralytic and prep for the official 5:30am wake up and severe hangover.
The true meaning of Christmas...

Have a good one :tiphat:

Thierrymon
24-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Happy Christmas all :tree:

Goonermerree
24-12-2016, 10:02 PM
Happy Christmas :tree:

Marc Overmars
24-12-2016, 11:10 PM
Merry Christmas guys!

Munchies
24-12-2016, 11:46 PM
Happy holidays, you bastards! :cool:

WMUG
25-12-2016, 08:12 AM
:tree: :dance: :penguin:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-12-2016, 09:21 AM
Merry Christmas, you filthy animals!

Letters
25-12-2016, 09:23 AM
God bless us, every one. #tinytim

Have a good day, everyone.

Letters
25-12-2016, 11:03 PM
2016 going out with a bang, or a Wham!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38432862

Goonermerree
25-12-2016, 11:19 PM
Unbelievable

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-12-2016, 11:32 PM
AIDS or Drug overdose?

LDG
26-12-2016, 07:37 AM
2016 going out with a bang, or a Wham!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38432862

It really was his Last Christmas :(

Power n Glory
27-12-2016, 08:26 AM
It really was his Last Christmas :(

And his heart gave out.

Marc Overmars
27-12-2016, 06:35 PM
Carrie Fisher has died.

FFS.

Goonermerree
27-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Liz Smith and Richard Adams too.

Letters
27-12-2016, 06:47 PM
Piss off, 2016

Letters
27-12-2016, 06:53 PM
Wrap up warm, David Attenborough :crying:

Letters
29-12-2016, 08:20 AM
Carrie Fisher has died.

FFS.

And now her mum, Debbie Reynolds

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38455777

:rose:

GP
29-12-2016, 08:54 PM
I wish everyone at Hermes was fucking dead.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
30-12-2016, 09:54 AM
I wish everyone at Hermes was fucking dead.

https://youtu.be/saagNf8xJSo

Letters
30-12-2016, 07:18 PM
Don't forget to put your clocks back tomorrow...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38470682

I'm sure LDG will leave his as it is so he can get an extra second's sleep on Monday night.

Xhaka Can’t
31-12-2016, 12:32 PM
2016 does not need an extra second.

GP
31-12-2016, 01:22 PM
If it's any consolation, 2017 won't be any better.

Letters
31-12-2016, 07:56 PM
ACHOOO!! :cold:

2016 trying to claim another victim but you'll all be pleased to hear I'm hanging in there

GP
31-12-2016, 08:04 PM
Oh :(

Niall_Quinn
31-12-2016, 11:42 PM
Almost 2017. Wow. Big fucking deal.

My new year resolution? I'm going to try to be less baised.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2017, 12:09 PM
FFS guys. :lol:

Goonermerree
01-01-2017, 12:21 PM
ACHOOO!! :cold:

2016 trying to claim another victim but you'll all be pleased to hear I'm hanging in there

Well? Did you make it?

Goonermerree
01-01-2017, 02:01 PM
Got to drag myself out for a 3 mile run before the match. Anyone else been for a run?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Got to drag myself out for a 3 mile run before the match. Anyone else been for a run?

No the weather is apalling and I've got a horrible cold, what's the incentive

I'd be pleased if I could jog a mile frankly

Marc Overmars
01-01-2017, 03:25 PM
I'm going to start running again tomorrow.

Feel like a complete sloth, not working this Christmas has taken it out of me.

Goonermerree
01-01-2017, 03:38 PM
Just back. I'm getting quite fit, did 3 3miles and one five miles last Sunday to this.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-01-2017, 09:17 PM
FFS guys. :lol:

Just an observation but obviously either there is or you at least deem that there is some pretty special snowflakes on here to get so trigger happy with the editing.

NQ likes to be controversial sometimes in promoting free speech and what I said was factually accurate.

Niall_Quinn
01-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Almost 2017. Wow. Big fucking deal.

My new year resolution? I'm going to try to be less baised.

Hmm. Half-a-post NQ.

Niall_Quinn
01-01-2017, 10:28 PM
Just an observation but obviously either there is or you at least deem that there is some pretty special snowflakes on here to get so trigger happy with the editing.

NQ likes to be controversial sometimes in promoting free speech and what I said was factually accurate.

I wasn't trying to be controversial. Not at all. Just factual. I really am going to try to balance it up. Way I see it, I think that other lot have done enough in 2016 to warrant a bit of shit - the sort of shit "thosewhoshallnotbenamed" have been getting for years. Driving trucks into people and all. In many ways that deserves criticism and what I don't see is enough of their lot laying down that criticism. Religion of peace my arse. In 2017 I hope we see some open speech about this lot, instead of the scared bullshit that was the hallmark of 2016.

Letters
05-01-2017, 10:07 AM
Moving tomorrow :dance:

Boxes, boxes everywhere, so let's all have a drink...

Marc Overmars
05-01-2017, 10:09 AM
Found a tenner on the floor.

Finders keepers tbf.

Letters
05-01-2017, 10:22 AM
I guess that depends where you found it. If it was right next to an old man who had just fallen over and dropped it then it's probably not the done thing.

Marc Overmars
05-01-2017, 10:25 AM

Of course I'd give it back if I saw the person drop it. There was no one in sight though, so it's fair game tbh.

Letters
05-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Agreed. I found a Bounty on the street one time. Yoink!
Checked the wrapper for needle marks first, obviously.
:cool:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-01-2017, 10:30 AM

Of course I'd give it back if I saw the person drop it. There was no one in sight though, so it's fair game tbh.

If i saw the person drop it perhaps, but i found fourty quid on the floor once and then walking on that street i distinctly heard someone say "i had fourty quid in my pocket and now it's gone". And i thought "it's not gone, it's just changed ownership".

Letters
05-01-2017, 10:45 AM
But then I suppose the difference is, to me morality is more innate where as to believers we wouldn't have anymore idea of what was right or wrong than an earwig if not for the commandments on Mount Sinai. Do I believe theft is wrong? yes, am i able to sleep at night watching something online i didn't pay for? funnily enough also yes.......how can two things exist so contradictory of each other. Because theft is relative and i think the entertainment industry has perpetrated legal theft on us for long enough....so i might not be a pikey and slip a dvd under my jacket in a HMV store, it's not going to lie heavy on my conscience to benefit from someone else's copyright theft.

Although of course you could argue why should one form of theft be more acceptable than another, but i didn't make the social acceptability rules.
:whistle:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-01-2017, 10:54 AM
:whistle:

Ha maybe if i repent and accept Jesus i might feel bad for having done that.

Your point would pre-suppose that i am unaware or unwilling to accept that what i did was wrong. If you were teaching morality lessons to a child you wouldn't teach them that kind of thing is acceptable for sure, but at the same time it wasn't wrong enough for me to feel guilty about it.

Or maybe this is hard to explain to someone who has been taught to have a binary view of morality :lol:

Letters
05-01-2017, 10:57 AM
Morality is binary :shrugs:
It's like the old "you can't be a bit pregnant" thing, you either are or you aren't.
But of course there are degrees of pregnancy and morality, I don't think everything is as bad as everything else, obviously.

Also, I was mostly WUMming tbh.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-01-2017, 11:08 AM
Morality is binary :shrugs:
It's like the old "you can't be a bit pregnant" thing, you either are or you aren't.
But of course there are degrees of pregnancy and morality, I don't think everything is as bad as everything else, obviously.

Also, I was mostly WUMming tbh.

If there are degrees of anything than by what way can it be binary that's a contradiction.

Binary is an on/off switch, where as Morality is a setting scale....killing someone in front of their child would be a 10 and taking advantage for small financial benefit is a 1 and at worse a 2.

When it comes to transgression, i don't feel too bad about 1 or 2 offences.

I was aware you weren't being serious, i was just in good spirit pointing out why you were wrong

Letters
05-01-2017, 11:21 AM

ismoral = (value > 0) ? false : true;

That's why it's binary...

Niall_Quinn
05-01-2017, 11:25 AM

Eh?

ismoral = ( value === true ) ? true : false;

Letters
05-01-2017, 11:26 AM
I don't do much hands on coding these days :(

You know what I meant :p

Niall_Quinn
05-01-2017, 11:40 AM
I don't do much hands on coding these days :(

You know what I meant :p

Morality is never binary and certainly can't be reduced to an equation. YOUR judgement of morality can be binary if you want it to be, but you are only your own judge. Your judgement of morality could be the extreme opposite to the next guy's understanding. Very evil people judge themselves to be moral, often citing a "greater good" as justification for their actions. Hitler was the most moral man alive in his own mind, everything he did he did for the glory of the fatherland and its people. Even in the most extreme cases of immorality you'll find not only the perpetrator claiming moral superiority but also the gaggle of self interested parties that flock to these miscreants, take Tony Blair and those who to this day speak in his favour for example. World War II was a "just" war, if you recall. The victors claim they were fighting evil, the vanquished claim they were fighting injustice and fighting for their rights. The banksters who were bailed out, they'll tell you it was all for the greater good of the economy they fucked up. And they believe it. Considering morality is purely a human judgement then how can we assign a simple true or false measure to their definition of morality? What makes us correct? Probably, in your case, you compare actions to a set of rules and measures laid down in a religious doctrine. But then how do you apply those same rules to, say, the Spanish Inquisition? Were they not engaged in the most moral crusade of all, the salvation of man's soul?

No, morality is grey at best. Infinite in scope more likely.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-01-2017, 11:46 AM

Only if you're prepared to assign the same moral value to mass murder as you would to getting too much change from a shop and saying nothing.

Letters
05-01-2017, 11:56 AM
I'm prepared to assign the same pregnancy value to someone about to go into labour as someone who has just conceived.
Both are pregnant, that doesn't mean both pregnancies are as advanced.

Niall_Quinn
05-01-2017, 01:21 PM
I'm prepared to assign the same pregnancy value to someone about to go into labour as someone who has just conceived.
Both are pregnant, that doesn't mean both pregnancies are as advanced.

Comparing a physical condition to a moral judgement is absurd. Answer this with a simple yes or no. Was WWII moral?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Comparing a physical condition to a moral judgement is absurd. Answer this with a simple yes or no. Was WWII moral?

Although i totally agree with you that a judgement on morality is totally dependent on the individual and their own moral values, my own moral values tell me that Britain's involvement in World War Two was both necessary and moral.

Is that the same as saying that every action undertaken by Britain during that particular conflict was moral.....No i don't think it is. If you take the RAF fire-bombing of Hamburg for example, it would be hard to argue that this was either necessary or moral.

Niall_Quinn
05-01-2017, 01:58 PM
Although i totally agree with you that a judgement on morality is totally dependent on the individual and their own moral values, my own moral values tell me that Britain's involvement in World War Two was both necessary and moral.

Is that the same as saying that every action undertaken by Britain during that particular conflict was moral.....No i don't think it is. If you take the RAF fire-bombing of Hamburg for example, it would be hard to argue that this was either necessary or moral.

Exactly. It's not possible to assign a simple true/ false judgement, whereas it should be a simple matter if morality is binary. In the case of WWII a series of arguably immoral decisions culminated in a moral outcome, mainly because the cunts who started the war left it to others to win what had become a life or death struggle. As for the firebombing of Hamburg, that's a common characteristic of morality, it tends to evaporate under extreme conditions - another indicator morality is a human construct subject to all the usual human flaws, it is not a natural (and certainly not supernatural) law.

Letters
05-01-2017, 03:01 PM
Firstly, WWII isn't an act by an individual, you can't assign an overall morality to it.

And you tell me whether there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.
You may believe there is, or there isn't - the fact is we don't know for sure either way.
That doesn't mean though that the actual answer has to be either yes or no...

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-01-2017, 03:13 PM
Firstly, WWII isn't an act by an individual, you can't assign an overall morality to it.

And you tell me whether there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.
You may believe there is, or there isn't - the fact is we don't know for sure either way.
That doesn't mean though that the actual answer has to be either yes or no...

Neither is any war if you want to put it like that, the holocaust wasn't undertaken by one individual but it's one of the single most immoral acts committed by human beings. But even then there is a grey area because those who undertook the extermination of Jews, Gypsies, Slavs etc believed that it was a moral act because this was the only way to ensure the survival of the aryan race.

If you ever watch the Nazi film the Eternal Jew which is largely seen as the intellectual justification for the holocaust, the Jews are seen as akin to cockroaches and therefore this was an act of pest control (if you sprayed your home if you had an ant infestation you probably wouldn't see that as mass murder).

Letters
05-01-2017, 03:20 PM
See, this is why we need God to tell us what to do and what's what :sulk:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-01-2017, 03:36 PM
See, this is why we need God to tell us what to do and what's what :sulk:

Said someone thousands of years ago and thus with like minded friends began writing holy books and divine commandments, to explain the believed to be unexplainable and to establish order.

Though of course it would be totally unfair to say that people were only getting up to that kind of thing thousands of years ago, as seen by the examples of Joseph Smith and L Ron Hubbard....although i will give those people thousands of years ago the benefit of the doubt of not being conscious charlatans like those two and in some way being primitive enough to even believe what they were saying.

Niall_Quinn
05-01-2017, 04:24 PM
You actually changed my name to Cripps :haha:

Fine, I'll keep it. This way you can pretend you didn't ban him and I can pretend I'm not him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-01-2017, 05:08 PM

Fine, I'll keep it. This way you can pretend you didn't ban him and I can pretend I'm not him.

Isn't the original one actually dead or something or faked his own death?

GP
05-01-2017, 05:13 PM
Isn't the original one actually dead or something or faked his own death?

Nah, that was someone else.

Letters
05-01-2017, 06:33 PM

Letters
05-01-2017, 06:34 PM

Done!

fakeyank
05-01-2017, 06:36 PM
Nah, that was someone else.

Ahh good old days.. I remember someone created a banner for him too!! :haha:

LDG
05-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Can ya change my name back? LDG

LDG
05-01-2017, 08:05 PM
:tiphat:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-01-2017, 08:08 PM
Ive had a Muzza make a death threat against me on social media

Sod the degree, sod raising money for cancer charities, sod the stray dog I rescued.....they might have all been knocked off top spot of my proudest moment.

I feel like Salman Rushdie, just without the literary talent or the 15 years in hiding under police protection

Letters
05-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Tried to read The Satanic Verses one time. Couldn't get on with it at all.

GP
05-01-2017, 08:35 PM
The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe was good though.

Xhaka Can’t
05-01-2017, 08:37 PM
My favourite childhood book

Xhaka Can’t
05-01-2017, 08:38 PM
Also, can you change my name to Niall Quinn

Letters
05-01-2017, 08:46 PM
You're an Admin :angry:

Niall_Quinn
05-01-2017, 08:51 PM

Exactly. About fucking time.

Niall_Quinn
05-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Ive had a Muzza make a death threat against me on social media

Sun rises, sun sets, the Religion of Peace (Patent Pending) makes death threats on social media. What of it? What did you expect him to do?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Tried to read The Satanic Verses one time. Couldn't get on with it at all.

Midnight's children is the better book

Letters
05-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I heard that. I think I tried that one...it was better but didn't really like it that much.

Niall_Quinn
05-01-2017, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I heard that. I think I tried that one...it was better but didn't really like it that much.

You think you read it yet know you didn't like it?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-01-2017, 08:57 PM
Sun rises, sun sets, the Religion of Peace (Patent Pending) makes death threats on social media. What of it? What did you expect him to do?

You ask me as if I've taken aback or upset.

Well actually I'm a little surprised because of the effort this guy went to, to send me a private message first off it was all a load of abuse and I was like Yawn but then he said there was a hit on me and I just felt joy unconfined.

Its like yeah you know they do the whole "death to the infidel" thing, but now I feel a part of it.

Niall_Quinn
05-01-2017, 08:59 PM
You ask me as if I've taken aback or upset.

Well actually I'm a little surprised because of the effort this guy went to, to send me a private message first off it was all a load of abuse and I was like Yawn but then he said there was a hit on me and I just felt joy unconfined.

He must think you're a 9 year old boy. That's what they generally hit.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-01-2017, 09:04 PM

That's out of order you can't say that

They are nonces, not queers....if he thought I was a nine year old girl that would be different.

Letters
05-01-2017, 09:09 PM
You think you read it yet know you didn't like it?

I remember hearing it was his best book and I remember not being too impressed but I can't remember much about it tbh, it was a long time ago.
Reading A Brave New World at the moment, that's really good.

Letters
05-01-2017, 09:09 PM

I have a feeling you're not the real Cripps after all :unsure:

GP
05-01-2017, 09:21 PM
I have a feeling you're not the real Cripps after all :unsure:

Exactly. It wasn't underage boys he liked...

Xhaka Can’t
06-01-2017, 04:50 AM

I have long forgotten my password and log in details

Letters
09-01-2017, 10:14 AM
Right, that's it. I'm going into the staff room and using your "Best GW Admin" mug <_<

Letters
09-01-2017, 04:04 PM
Tell me about it...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/disability-38528816

<_<

Power n Glory
11-01-2017, 08:43 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/10/fbi-chief-given-dossier-by-john-mccain-alleging-secret-trump-russia-contacts

:o

GP
11-01-2017, 09:58 AM
What a clusterfuck this whole thing is.

Letters
11-01-2017, 10:13 AM
A FB friend of a FB friend was waxing lyrical about Trump yesterday, saying how proud she is to have him as president and commending him for a 95% success rate.
I asked her what her source was for that, she didn't reply.
Facts just don't matter any more. It's bizarre.

GP
11-01-2017, 10:20 AM
95% success rate in what?

Letters
11-01-2017, 10:22 AM
"I have immense respect for a man that has a 95% success rate"

That's all she said :shrug:

People is stoopid.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-01-2017, 10:24 AM
95% success rate in what?

Hitting the target.....very little spillage

Frankly whether this is true or not, it's a case of what goes around comes around. The guy jumped on the Birthergate bandwagon and has never to this date retracted it.

I frankly don't want to know if this is true :sick:

Power n Glory
11-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Clusterfuck doesn't even begin to describe it. This sparks so many questions. How long have they sat on this info for? If the source is credible, why is this only coming to light now when we had the whole email scandal with Hilary?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Clusterfuck doesn't even begin to describe it. This sparks so many questions. How long have they sat on this info for? If the source is credible, why is this only coming to light now when we had the whole email scandal with Hilary?

This allegation was posted on Buzzfeed which immediately makes me question it's veracity, because if true it represents a massive National security leak if the intelligence services came to Trump confidentially about this.

Clinton e-mails was her chickens coming home to roost, she and her husband made a lot of enemies inside Washington and probably with the Bureau over the years. And even if it came about as a result of Russian Hacking, it seems clear that Podesta, Brazille and others tried to manipulate the primaries in her favours so in that sense I cannot feel much if any sympathy for her whatsoever.

Power n Glory
11-01-2017, 11:11 AM
This allegation was posted on Buzzfeed which immediately makes me question it's veracity, because if true it represents a massive National security leak if the intelligence services came to Trump confidentially about this.

Clinton e-mails was her chickens coming home to roost, she and her husband made a lot of enemies inside Washington and probably with the Bureau over the years. And even if it came about as a result of Russian Hacking, it seems clear that Podesta, Brazille and others tried to manipulate the primaries in her favours so in that sense I cannot feel much if any sympathy for her whatsoever.

Well, it seems like Trump may have made some enemies in his own party as well as the intelligence agencies for this to suddenly leak now. It’s not about sympathy for Hilary, it’s questing why the FBI director felt the public had the right to know about Hilary days before the election but has said nothing on Trump. Questions, questions....

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-01-2017, 12:00 PM
Well, it seems like Trump may have made some enemies in his own party as well as the intelligence agencies for this to suddenly leak now. It’s not about sympathy for Hilary, it’s questing why the FBI director felt the public had the right to know about Hilary days before the election but has said nothing on Trump. Questions, questions....

Well it's hard to know what information/allegations were made about Trump prior to November 8th.

Trump has the GOP in his pocket at the moment, basically they all turned on him because they thought he was going to lose but now he's won, even the most hardened anti Trump Republican is getting on their knees whilst he unzips his flies.

look how Mittens Romney abased himself publically because Trump gave him the impression he might make him Secretary of State, it was clearly Trump getting revenge for what he said about him and Romney still fell for it.

As much as I think Trump is a cunt, I do find it amusing that he's made the GOP his bitch they don't deserve any better, they spent the last eight years laying the groundwork for someone like him to succeed. Did nothing in congress apart from block everything, even non partisan stuff like infrastructure repair, so it's quite amusing to me to see Paul Ryan and Ted Cruz have to grovel to him like this.

You could have a point that McCains involvement in this might be an act of revenge, he's a crusty old cumudgeon and he won't forget how Trump spoke about him.

Power n Glory
11-01-2017, 12:23 PM
Apparently, this document has been floating around for a while and Comey had it handed to him by McCain in December. As said, Trump has made more enemies within his party for his stance on Russia and what's been said about the CIA. He won't make it past 4 years at this rate. He'll have to learn to play ball.

GP
11-01-2017, 12:27 PM
"I have immense respect for a man that has a 95% success rate"

That's all she said :shrug:

People is stoopid.

What makes you say that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38563190

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-01-2017, 12:30 PM
Apparently, this document has been floating around for a while and Comey had it handed to him by McCain in December. As said, Trump has made more enemies within his party for his stance on Russia and what's been said about the CIA. He won't make it past 4 years at this rate. He'll have to learn to play ball.

It's a balancing act for the GOP, at the moment they are clutching on his coat tails but they know full well that anything he does reflects on them in the mid terms (even though they are in the position potentially to strengthen their majority in the senate as democrats will have to spend most of their money defending seats in 2018).

On the other hand The GOP base is on Trumps side, so although the leadership is anti Russian and anti Putin the grassroots are not and they have to be careful how they play it especially if they have to face primary challenges.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2017, 12:42 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/10/fbi-chief-given-dossier-by-john-mccain-alleging-secret-trump-russia-contacts

:o

Completely fabricated and obviously so. This is called the double tap. When you want to cement in place one fake story you base another fake story on top of it and then argue the toss on the latter while the former becomes subconsciously legitimised. So it's important to say, the Russians did not hack the DNC and there's not a shred of proof to say they did so but there is a ton of proof to say they didn't.

Some other words. Pizzagate. Also. The Lolita Express. These are quite real. Just as the shit over here is real and "they" (the establishment, the people who live high at your expense and don't want that to ever change) will go to any lengths to distract from that nasty can of maggots because I guess that's one of the few reasons the average guy in the street might stand up and put an end to these fuckers.

There's a desperation on show here that means either time is finally up for these fucks who have feathered their nests all these years, or, if they win this, the masks and gloves are off so they'll be fucking overtly unbearable and lethal in the future.

Anyway, you can't run for the office of the president without the most stringent vetting. Secret Service would have taken care of that, in coordination with the FBI I guess. Calls will be made to every family member, every friend, every friend of the family, business associate, acquaintance. Visits to Russia? That would have all been monitored anyway (see Snowden). So the question here is, should McCain go to jail for smearing the president elect with false accusations, or should he go to jail for failing to disclose this information in a timely manner? Or should he go to jail for that other thing he's always been suspected of? Being in the pay of a foreign actor. As the Clintons were and are. The irony.

Certainly they want to get rid of Trump but that's secondary to another purpose. In this war between truth and anything that comes out of the establishments mouth, the latter eventually wants to manoeuvre you into a mindset where anything every said against them is instinctively viewed as suspect. The good old days, so to speak. If they can pull off these Batman and the Joker theatrics and plot twists and get away with it, if enough people actually buy into this shit, then the human species may go down for a long, long time.

Even the Guardian won't bite on this one and there are also some good signs coming from some limited sections of the media. Holy shit, it seems like some of them want to get back to doing what they are supposed to be doing - finding and reporting the news, even when it runs contrary to the establishment narrative. That can only be a good thing and should continue the widen gap between reality and the world of CNN and Buzzfeed. We are living in interesting and critical times.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2017, 12:51 PM

Trump is just a front man, a vehicle. A wedge driven into an otherwise sealed environment. Half the people are somehow content with the shit that has been going on since the 70s where it became shameless and more overt. Half the people have had enough of it. To a lesser degree the same can be said for the UK, and most of the countries in Europe. The elite became too comfortable and complacent and now, if there's any justice, they'll pay the high price that goes along with failure in such a high stakes game. History repeating - we should all hope.

Obama failed to disarm America. That's going to make all the difference. The nationalists told everyone all along why they wanted their guns. Now we can see they were telling the truth. You can't beat 100 million determined and armed people. All you can do is trick them, lie to them, misdirect them. This has worked for years but it's not working now. If anything happens to Trump then the next guy will fill his space, and they guy behind him.

Power n Glory
11-01-2017, 12:51 PM
It's a balancing act for the GOP, at the moment they are clutching on his coat tails but they know full well that anything he does reflects on them in the mid terms (even though they are in the position potentially to strengthen their majority in the senate as democrats will have to spend most of their money defending seats in 2018).

On the other hand The GOP base is on Trumps side, so although the leadership is anti Russian and anti Putin the grassroots are not and they have to be careful how they play it especially if they have to face primary challenges.

I think the scales are starting to tip. They'll use this as an opportunity and what a better way then to paint him as a traitor.

Letters
11-01-2017, 01:01 PM
What makes you say that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38563190

Innit...

http://newsthump.com/2017/01/10/first-victim-of-2017-is-saturday-night-tv-as-bbc-tragically-announces-mrs-browns-boys-chat-show/

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-01-2017, 01:05 PM
I think the scales are starting to tip. They'll use this as an opportunity and what a better way then to paint him as a traitor.

I don't know, I think they need him more than he needs them.....this presents an opportunity to shift the political balance in America to one both fiscally and socially conservative, rolling back the state, changing the balance on the Supreme Court and lowering tax on the top earners.

Power n Glory
11-01-2017, 01:07 PM
I don't know, I think they need him more than he needs them.....this presents an opportunity to shift the political balance in America to one both fiscally and socially conservative, rolling back the state, changing the balance on the Supreme Court and lowering tax on the top earners.

Hence why they will look to change that balance of power.

Power n Glory
11-01-2017, 01:07 PM
Trump is just a front man, a vehicle. A wedge driven into an otherwise sealed environment. Half the people are somehow content with the shit that has been going on since the 70s where it became shameless and more overt. Half the people have had enough of it. To a lesser degree the same can be said for the UK, and most of the countries in Europe. The elite became too comfortable and complacent and now, if there's any justice, they'll pay the high price that goes along with failure in such a high stakes game. History repeating - we should all hope.

Obama failed to disarm America. That's going to make all the difference. The nationalists told everyone all along why they wanted their guns. Now we can see they were telling the truth. You can't beat 100 million determined and armed people. All you can do is trick them, lie to them, misdirect them. This has worked for years but it's not working now. If anything happens to Trump then the next guy will fill his space, and they guy behind him.

I've always said he's just a front man and nothing will change.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-01-2017, 01:38 PM
Hence why they will look to change that balance of power.

I'm not convinced, even if the Republicans turn on him anything that damages Trump damages them....Trump won't care if he's impeached so in that sense they have far less leverage over him than you might imagine. If Trump is a front man, it's certainly not for the leadership of the Republican party.

For the foreseeable future, they are going to have what I call a quid pro quo alliance in which they will work together when Trump's agenda and theirs coincides, will look to compromise on areas where they don't agree....in many respects it will be similar in nature to the coalition government we had over here.

But the Republicans will very much be the Lib Dems in this relationship

Power n Glory
11-01-2017, 02:03 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/11/kremlin-ridicules-claims-collected-material-donald-trump

Someone has to tell him to stop tweeting. We'll see how the pieces fall on this one.

Letters
11-01-2017, 02:08 PM
I believe in the run up to the election he was instructed to stop tweeting by his campaign team :lol:
It's a bit worrying that we have a US President who is so thin-skinned and unable to exhibit basic self control.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-01-2017, 02:18 PM
I believe in the run up to the election he was instructed to stop tweeting by his campaign team :lol:
It's a bit worrying that we have a US President who is so thin-skinned and unable to exhibit basic self control.

I think there are probably past presidents who might have appeared similar to Trump had they had access to social media during their lives

Johnson and Nixon, well you just have to listen to the tapes to know what types of characters those two were. Although Nixon i can't imagine would have wanted to be so public with his feelings given how paranoid he was.

TR might have had a lot of fun with Twitter

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2017, 02:35 PM
I'm not convinced, even if the Republicans turn on him anything that damages Trump damages them....Trump won't care if he's impeached so in that sense they have far less leverage over him than you might imagine. If Trump is a front man, it's certainly not for the leadership of the Republican party.

For the foreseeable future, they are going to have what I call a quid pro quo alliance in which they will work together when Trump's agenda and theirs coincides, will look to compromise on areas where they don't agree....in many respects it will be similar in nature to the coalition government we had over here.

But the Republicans will very much be the Lib Dems in this relationship

Do you really want all this to carry on as business as usual? Do you want alliances to be formed, for compromises to be made, for the same old shit to find its level? I don't.

This is the first chance in our lifetimes where action now can rebalance the relationship between the people and the corrupted state. Trump is ideal in this respect. He has no political background, in terms of what the vermin in Washington would consider political at least. He has no political ambitions, he's a pure populist. The more he bends to the daily routine of Washington the less he accomplishes. The more he spits in their face and uses the undeniable surge of support behind him the more cracks he'll be able to make in the establishment edifice.

People really need to snap out of it and take a first look at what government really is. Look at it with fresh eyes and wonder at what an irredeemable abomination it has become. Either it persists and human progress cannot advance, or (if it can't be smashed in its entirety) it is turned down a few notches on the power dial. People seem to be hopelessly hypnotised by government. They seem to genuinely feel it serves a beneficial purpose. But look at it with honest eyes, just once. Honest eyes, not pre-propagandised blinkers.

The very last thing we want to see is a compromise here. The establishment has shown us what its version of compromise is anyway. Race war, global brinksmanship, censorship, curtailment of civil liberties, invasion of privacy, and the huge sack of corruption that goes along with it. And nobody wants to mention the horrendous child abuse. This is government. Look at it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-01-2017, 02:59 PM
Do you really want all this to carry on as business as usual? Do you want alliances to be formed, for compromises to be made, for the same old shit to find its level? I don't.

This is the first chance in our lifetimes where action now can rebalance the relationship between the people and the corrupted state. Trump is ideal in this respect. He has no political background, in terms of what the vermin in Washington would consider political at least. He has no political ambitions, he's a pure populist. The more he bends to the daily routine of Washington the less he accomplishes. The more he spits in their face and uses the undeniable surge of support behind him the more cracks he'll be able to make in the establishment edifice.

People really need to snap out of it and take a first look at what government really is. Look at it with fresh eyes and wonder at what an irredeemable abomination it has become. Either it persists and human progress cannot advance, or (if it can't be smashed in its entirety) it is turned down a few notches on the power dial. People seem to be hopelessly hypnotised by government. They seem to genuinely feel it serves a beneficial purpose. But look at it with honest eyes, just once. Honest eyes, not pre-propagandised blinkers.

The very last thing we want to see is a compromise here. The establishment has shown us what its version of compromise is anyway. Race war, global brinksmanship, censorship, curtailment of civil liberties, invasion of privacy, and the huge sack of corruption that goes along with it. And nobody wants to mention the horrendous child abuse. This is government. Look at it.

I think you've taken a description of what i think will happen, and made it what i want to happen

LDG
11-01-2017, 03:43 PM
Actual proper flu :(

3 days in bed so far.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2017, 04:01 PM
I think you've taken a description of what i think will happen, and made it what i want to happen

Wasn't me, it was Cripps.

Marc Overmars
11-01-2017, 04:09 PM
Actual proper flu :(

3 days in bed so far.

Can feel it coming on as well. I'm running a half-marathon in March so it's completely fucked my training.

LDG
11-01-2017, 04:20 PM
Can feel it coming on as well. I'm running a half-marathon in March so it's completely fucked my training.

Even if I have a cold I go out running. Helps sweat it out and generally feel better for it.

With flu....well, can't even climb the stairs. Longest running lay off for me for years.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-01-2017, 04:27 PM
Wasn't me, it was Cripps.

Well if you see him, tell him he's an assuming Cunt

Goonermerree
11-01-2017, 05:07 PM
My bloody voice has gone. I got really fit over Christmas and now I haven't trained for a week. It started with a bit of a cold and now I can only whisper. I'M FED UP WITH IT. Sorry for shouting, but I can't in real life.

Letters
12-01-2017, 09:18 AM
I got really fit over Christmas.
You're doing Christmas wrong :sulk:

Goonermerree
12-01-2017, 09:23 AM
You're doing Christmas wrong :sulk:

:crying:Your compassion has overwhelmed me!

LDG
12-01-2017, 09:29 PM
I'm Niall Quinn and so's my wife

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2017, 10:35 AM
I'm Niall Quinn and so's my wife

And slowly the revolution begins...

Letters
13-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Finally cracked the sub-hour commute back to the new place last night :cool:
Charing Cross -> Oxford Circus (Bakerloo)
Oxford Circus -> Seven Sisters (Victoria)
Overground from there.

I timed it this morning, 5 minutes 20 seconds from house to station platform :dance:

Marc Overmars
13-01-2017, 11:36 AM
My commute door to door is exactly an hour and that includes walking 12 minutes to the station every morning. Love it.

Hopefully those cunts don't go on strike again though...

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2017, 11:44 AM
I had to go to London yesterday. Haven't been in a while. It's scary. I thought the zombies were going to get me. I kept having this nightmare thought that suddenly they'd all look up from their phones at the same moment and just stare at me. Not having a phone would have given me away instantly, I'd be a goner rather than a gooner. It was a big relief to cross the boundary back into the world of the living. I probably won't go there again for a while.

Hell, there were blokes(?) getting on the tube dressed like women, with makeup and shit and furry jackets. And nobody batted an eyelid. Probably because he(?) staring staring into a phone himself. Such an excellent disguise. They can't tell you aren't one of them, I might get a plastic fake Nokia for future London expeditions.

One thing I missed was "the voice", it was nostalgic to hear that again. That some voice they use to make announcements, whether it's a train delayed or a nuclear holocaust. "If your grandmother should die, place her outside your shelter and wrap her in bags or newspaper clearly labelling the body. And the 9:30 to Brixton is cancelled."

Marc Overmars
13-01-2017, 11:50 AM
Must admit from the moment I leave my house in the morning I'm dead to the world. Headphones go on and don't come off until I reach the office. :music:

Definitely don't wear make up or own a furry jacket though. That's really queer.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-01-2017, 12:00 PM
I had to go to London yesterday. Haven't been in a while. It's scary. I thought the zombies were going to get me. I kept having this nightmare thought that suddenly they'd all look up from their phones at the same moment and just stare at me. Not having a phone would have given me away instantly, I'd be a goner rather than a gooner. It was a big relief to cross the boundary back into the world of the living. I probably won't go there again for a while.

Hell, there were blokes(?) getting on the tube dressed like women, with makeup and shit and furry jackets. And nobody batted an eyelid. Probably because he(?) staring staring into a phone himself. Such an excellent disguise. They can't tell you aren't one of them, I might get a plastic fake Nokia for future London expeditions.

One thing I missed was "the voice", it was nostalgic to hear that again. That some voice they use to make announcements, whether it's a train delayed or a nuclear holocaust. "If your grandmother should die, place her outside your shelter and wrap her in bags or newspaper clearly labelling the body. And the 9:30 to Brixton is cancelled."

Using their phones on the tube?......pretty pointless rather but there you go

But yeah people standing in the middle of the street using their phone......what the hell....get out of the way i'm walking here which is what you should be doing.

These trannies really resent being stared at, well hang on why are you wearing make up and dressing up like that if you don't want attention. Yeah i get you telling me it's because it makes you feel "comfortable" - another thing i don't get, most women don't feel comfortable in high heels.....

Letters
13-01-2017, 12:00 PM
Aye, I'm in complete auto-pilot mode. No idea how I get here most days.
I stop people talking to me by wearing make up and a furry jacket.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-01-2017, 12:03 PM
Aye, I'm in complete auto-pilot mode. No idea how I get here most days.
I stop people talking to me by wearing make up and a furry jacket.

Obviously Midget Trannies not a popular niche in the capital then

Letters
13-01-2017, 12:14 PM
<_<

LDG
13-01-2017, 12:20 PM
My commute door to door is exactly an hour and that includes walking 12 minutes to the station every morning. Love it.

Hopefully those cunts don't go on strike again though...

15 mins, over the hills and dales in my automobile.

I leave for work at 8.40 :cool: