PDA

View Full Version : If RVP wants to leave we should let him

Joker
26-09-2011, 05:18 PM
The club has stuck by van Persie for 7 years, despite all his injury problems and set-backs. We've continued to pay his wages and his medical costs, persevered with him despite all his off the field problems (the rape allegations etc) even though many other managers would have sold him a few years ago and got a more reliable striker. Because of our faith in him, he's gone on to become a regular starter for his national team and has played in European Championships and World Cups.

If he's so ungrateful that he wants to leave at the end of the season, we should let him tbh and get a more reliable striker in. I'm sick and tired of players who only see Arsenal as a stepping stone. Let's get players who are actually going to stay with the club for a long period.

Marc Overmars
26-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Well obviously if he wants to go then like Cesc and Nasri, there's no point in keeping him.

All this RVP leaving stuff is just the press putting 2 and 2 together. They've seen what's happened with Clichy, Cesc and Nasri and like vultures they see Arsenal still have a bit of life in them in RVP, so like the scum they are, they're just making out as if he's next.

He may well be, but we'll cross that bridge when it comes. For now anyone doubting him should FOAD.

Japan Shaking All Over
26-09-2011, 05:28 PM
The club has stuck by van Persie for 7 years, despite all his injury problems and set-backs. We've continued to pay his wages and his medical costs, persevered with him despite all his off the field problems (the rape allegations etc) even though many other managers would have sold him a few years ago and got a more reliable striker. Because of our faith in him, he's gone on to become a regular starter for his national team and has played in European Championships and World Cups.

If he's so ungrateful that he wants to leave at the end of the season, we should let him tbh and get a more reliable striker in. I'm sick and tired of players who only see Arsenal as a stepping stone. Let's get players who are actually going to stay with the club for a long period.

You? sick and tired of something. . . .? Who would believe it?

anyway thought you were meant to go off and play on your own when it came to you RvP rants!

Master Splinter
26-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Well obviously if he wants to go then like Cesc and Nasri, there's no point in keeping him.

All this RVP leaving stuff is just the press putting 2 and 2 together. They've seen what's happened with Clichy, Cesc and Nasri and like vultures they see Arsenal still have a bit of life in them in RVP, so like the scum they are, they're just making out as if he's next.

He may well be, but we'll cross that bridge when it comes. For now anyone doubting him should FOAD.

First reply nailed it.

Close thread now.

Ollie the Optimist
26-09-2011, 05:39 PM
you just couldnt resist joker could you. the guy has just scored a ton of goals for us becoming 17th ever in our history to do so but you still cant accept that he is a great striker

Özim
26-09-2011, 05:48 PM
If we're relying on ******* to convince him with his "2% away" frankly he's likely to leave.

I have no faith in us being able to convince him to stay to be honest, we never buy the players we should and accept 4th place.

Be disappointed to see him go if he did, but wouldn't blame him if ******* was still around because hollow words can only convince you for so long.

Xhaka Can’t
26-09-2011, 05:52 PM
I have no faith in us...

:faint:

fakeyank
26-09-2011, 06:19 PM
No top player would want to play with us.. RVP should leave

McNamara That Ghost...
26-09-2011, 06:22 PM
You don't do yourself any favours with threads like this Joker. Especially when you note he has been here a long time (seven years) and then say you want players who will actually stay for a long period. :blink:

And it really annoys me when people claim players are being disloyal yet will jump at the first opportunity to say they want players out of the club.

Niall_Quinn
26-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Has RvP actually stated he wants to leave? All I've heard so far is Wenger STUPIDLY stating we may not be able to afford to keep him. But RvP hasn't said anything has he? Unless something happened today I'm unaware of.

As for the boring old, "if he wants to leave we have no choice", bullshit - any suggestions what we'd do if ALL our players wanted to leave? Shut the club down? Because that;s what's going to happen if we keep bending over for players who are under contract and letting them leave early. As soon as teh top players have left, aided and abetted by the stupid, "we have no choice", concession, and the results go into the ditch, others will want to leave too and so begins the spiral.

I'll tell you who needs to leave, Kroenke, his stinking board and the manager. Surely those should be the first out the door after their monumental fuck-ups? Then we'd see what the players thought if a board that understood something about football and a manager who lived on planet earth were brought in to shake things up.

Niall_Quinn
26-09-2011, 06:33 PM
There's a definite strain developing where some seem anxious for harm to come to the club and the worse hard the better. Yeah sure, most of us hate what's going on and those with any sense hate the board and that miserly cunt over in the states. But voicing discontent about the way the club is managed is not the same thing as wanting us to lose matches (I've seen it on here) or lose our best players.

No, RvP should NOT go because we'd be well fucked without him. Let;s not do the media's work for them.

Xhaka Can’t
26-09-2011, 06:50 PM
There's a definite strain developing where some seem anxious for harm to come to the club and the worse hard the better. Yeah sure, most of us hate what's going on and those with any sense hate the board and that miserly cunt over in the states. But voicing discontent about the way the club is managed is not the same thing as wanting us to lose matches (I've seen it on here) or lose our best players.

No, RvP should NOT go because we'd be well fucked without him. Let;s not do the media's work for them.

You can't say that about fakeyank posters here!

Syn
26-09-2011, 06:53 PM
I don't understand this thread."the england rugby management have done a lot for johnny wilkinson. They stuck with him for all his injury problems...still, if he wants to go around kicking newly born babies in the head, he should be locked away". Anyone want to guess the key word in all of that?

Ollie the Optimist
26-09-2011, 06:53 PM
RVP imo has not said he wants to leave or anything. hes just said he wont be sitting down and talking which is right. i would rather he was focusing on the club and the matches not in talks about a new contract. that can be done in the summer

Niall_Quinn
26-09-2011, 06:55 PM
I don't understand this thread."the england rugby management have done a lot for johnny wilkinson. They stuck with him for all his injury problems...still, if he wants to go around kicking newly born babies in the head, he should be locked away". Anyone want to guess the key word in all of that?

all?

Power n Glory
26-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Is anyone really surprised? Is it really worth debating this one with Joker?

Hates RVP with a passion. :lol:

fakeyank
26-09-2011, 07:24 PM

Voicing discontent on here on a MB will do F all to change the way the board or manager works. Only with terrible results will change come.. for eg: 8-2. Best thing to have happened to us in the last 5-6 seasons.

IBK
26-09-2011, 08:01 PM
We are into the season now. I'm just hoping that by Jan RVP will see that the club he wants to play for is good enough for him to stay.

Dog Toffee
26-09-2011, 08:41 PM

So sell pretty much our only reliable goalscorer (28 in 31, or something similarilry great) and get.... who? Then blame Wenger for not re-signing Nasri, Cecs, Clichy, Flamini etc..

Bullshit. We need to keep our best player, RVP, IMO.

Cripps_orig
26-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Bye

Coney
26-09-2011, 08:45 PM
:unsure:

Dog Toffee
26-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Bye

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QuIV_r4pgac/TT8nyr_oAwI/AAAAAAAAAB0/eit0WrOzMGY/s1600/dasd.jpg

fakeyank
26-09-2011, 09:18 PM
So sell pretty much our only reliable goalscorer (28 in 31, or something similarilry great) and get.... who? Then blame Wenger for not re-signing Nasri, Cecs, Clichy, Flamini etc..

Bullshit. We need to keep our best player, RVP, IMO.

I agree... but we wont be able to keep him by ending up in midtable and possible signings of greats like Yossi Benayoun (:lol:), Chu etc.

Besides one of the most important signs that he is leaving has happened at the beginning of the season- he was made captain

:wave:

Kano
26-09-2011, 11:34 PM

Fuck me you are a nailed on City supporter if ever I saw one. Along with a Spurs supporter and a Liverpool fan that posts everyday in disguise, this is one strange forum for sure.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-09-2011, 12:58 AM

100% agree..........I have been noted as saying that I was willing to forgo a season of mediocracy if it was in the common good for the club and that was when there was all the talk of losing both Cesc and Nas at the sametime.......but some seem to to wish our demise as if it were a way to prove a point.

Question - if we were to win 100 games and RvP to score in everyone of them and Wenger stayed would you be happy? - you know based on your crap logic you would never be allowed to, you might as well go support some other team!

As NQ said and he should know there is an accepted way to put your view across - you don't have to be so MOC as me, Ollie and the like but.......

NQ = Chateau Neuf du Pape
Zimm = a digestable attempt at a decent red
Joker = 1.99 bottle of Tesco crap that you spit out while saying what the fuck is this

fakeyank
27-09-2011, 01:25 AM
Question - if we were to win 100 games and RvP to score in everyone of them and Wenger stayed would you be happy? - you know based on your crap logic you would never be allowed to, you might as well go support some other team!

I fuckin hope AW proves me wrong! I have said it for the last 3 seasons since when I have been asking for his head. I'd rather that guy kept his legacy intact and take us back to the top. I would eat humble pie, shit pie or whatever pie you have if he can prove me wrong!

My love for Arsenal is much more important than scoring some cheap points over some of you on the internet MB or facebook.. I'd rather you guys be proved right. A lot of Arsenal fans like me are just looking at the facts and realistically we are going nowhere under Arsene or the board. A lot of us have been asking AW to spend wisely on required players, get experienced personnel, learn to defend for 5-6 seasons now but he continues with the same retarded policies that have proved our downfall season after season. How are/were things going to change when AW and the board are happy presenting 4th place as a CL trophy?

IMO, much needed major changes would never be made to the way this club is run unless there was a huge kick up the arse... the 8-2 result did that for us. My initial thought was getting eliminated from CL would have been the kick but 8-2 was a better result. Did that result change the direction our team was going? Every evidence points to that fact.. we got into the transfer market and got players we needed. Agreed some of the players are not the highest quality but its a step in the right direction. I still do not think the board or Arsene has learnt their lesson and will go back to their old ways and that is why I want them to GTFO of my club. Since thats unlikely, the only way I can see change coming to the club is through another major disappointment- failure to finish 4th (helped rejuvenate Liverpool), finishing close to relegation places, getting hammered in the CL group stages or another 8-2 humiliation.

I do not really care if my views are considered anti-Arsenal, puppet fan or whatever term there is... I want changes and whatever gets them, I am game for that!

hobson's choice
27-09-2011, 02:28 AM
I don't care if he signs a new contract or not, if he wants to go then fine.

Boss
27-09-2011, 02:43 AM
RVP will be loyal to the club unless it proves it's not worth his loyalty.

He'll be off in the summer, can't see a top class striker in his prime want to end his career with fuck all because of Wenger.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-09-2011, 04:14 AM
I fuckin hope AW proves me wrong! I have said it for the last 3 seasons since when I have been asking for his head. I'd rather that guy kept his legacy intact and take us back to the top. I would eat humble pie, shit pie or whatever pie you have if he can prove me wrong!

My love for Arsenal is much more important than scoring some cheap points over some of you on the internet MB or facebook.. I'd rather you guys be proved right. A lot of Arsenal fans like me are just looking at the facts and realistically we are going nowhere under Arsene or the board. A lot of us have been asking AW to spend wisely on required players, get experienced personnel, learn to defend for 5-6 seasons now but he continues with the same retarded policies that have proved our downfall season after season. How are/were things going to change when AW and the board are happy presenting 4th place as a CL trophy?

IMO, much needed major changes would never be made to the way this club is run unless there was a huge kick up the arse... the 8-2 result did that for us. My initial thought was getting eliminated from CL would have been the kick but 8-2 was a better result. Did that result change the direction our team was going? Every evidence points to that fact.. we got into the transfer market and got players we needed. Agreed some of the players are not the highest quality but its a step in the right direction. I still do not think the board or Arsene has learnt their lesson and will go back to their old ways and that is why I want them to GTFO of my club. Since thats unlikely, the only way I can see change coming to the club is through another major disappointment- failure to finish 4th (helped rejuvenate Liverpool), finishing close to relegation places, getting hammered in the CL group stages or another 8-2 humiliation.

I do not really care if my views are considered anti-Arsenal, puppet fan or whatever term there is... I want changes and whatever gets them, I am game for that!

I am hearing you in a lot of ways.......me too I feel this is Wenger's last chance. I expect him to treat Verms and Jack's comebacks with his typical 'new signing' sentiment, which is wearing a bit thin but I see more action coming in January, well I bloody well expect some action. This will show me that Wenger has made two steps.

I don't really begrudge the right to criticise and there are those who I have the upmost respect for based on the way they present their arguments, as I mentioned Wenger is playing a very dangerous game with the way he sticks to his guns in all things, formation, transfers, youth policy etc

For me its the muppets who can't put down an argument without making it sound like they wish the worst on the subject, sure Arsenal winning could ultimately mean an extension to Arsene's tenure but I'd take that, the board on the other hand.....jeez I don't know what to say about them except they seem to be vermin......to be honest I don't post on threads regarding them because I admit I know little and choose to keep my mouth shut due to that fact but I do appreciate the lessons you guys teach me!

But wishing for RvPs departure because of so called disloyal - FO! the guy is here and has said he needs assurances and that he doesn't want to disrupt the team which I think considering our still less than stable state shows a lot of maturity and consideration to the club.......he may go and if he is allowed I will be very disappointed by the club as we have lost two big salary earners and no one came in on a big pay pack which means we have cash to give him, but the crux and rightly so is how do we plan to build, those questions were not answered in the last round of transfers and that is what RvP is getting at.......they need to be answered in the next rounds.

fakeyank
27-09-2011, 04:35 AM
But wishing for RvPs departure because of so called disloyal - FO! the guy is here and has said he needs assurances and that he doesn't want to disrupt the team which I think considering our still less than stable state shows a lot of maturity and consideration to the club.......he may go and if he is allowed I will be very disappointed by the club as we have lost two big salary earners and no one came in on a big pay pack which means we have cash to give him, but the crux and rightly so is how do we plan to build, those questions were not answered in the last round of transfers and that is what RvP is getting at.......they need to be answered in the next rounds.

RVP is not disloyal.. he is saying the same things Clichy, Nasri, Arshavin, Theo has been harping on for a long long time! I have lost complete faith in the manager and there is really nothing that makes me think he will change. I do think RVP is going to think "I am running on 29 and I only have another couple of seasons at the top.. will I win anything with the Gunners?" Honestly that doesnt look likely because recently AW mentioned that we are in a rebuilding phase and by the time we will have time to build, we'd be very far off the pace from City, Utd and Chelsea. I sure hope Arsene answers all his doubters by showing intent and making the changes needed.. I wont be holding my breath for sure though!

Japan Shaking All Over
27-09-2011, 04:52 AM
God doesn't he make you cringe?

If we are in a rebuilding phase now......what the hell was going on for the last 6 seasons when we were only relying on players a little older than than 3 day old son?

In that case......January could be more important than this summer, which won't be very difficult because we didn't actually treat this summer very seriously.

Champagne Charlie
27-09-2011, 08:07 AM
To be fair to RVP, if I were him I'd be looking around at the current squad thinking "what the fuck happened"!! He's gone from playing along side some of the greats of the game to playing along side...well...this lot...

But the club should be pulling out all the stops to keep hold of the guy. Yeah is injury record its ridiculous but we've all seen just how good this guy is when he gets a run of games.

And as much as he 'owes' the club because we've stuck by him through his injuries, the club also owes him to an extent. You can not expect a player of his quality to be content to scrap it out for 4th place year after year just so some old rich guys can get richer.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-09-2011, 08:20 AM
To be fair to RVP, if I were him I'd be looking around at the current squad thinking "what the fuck happened"!! He's gone from playing along side some of the greats of the game to playing along side...well...this lot...

But the club should be pulling out all the stops to keep hold of the guy. Yeah is injury record its ridiculous but we've all seen just how good this guy is when he gets a run of games.

And as much as he 'owes' the club because we've stuck by him through his injuries, the club also owes him to an extent. You can not expect a player of his quality to be content to scrap it out for 4th place year after year just so some old rich guys can get richer.

this guy has become the team, even more so with Jack out.
Without him with Bo Didly of an attack and will not score anywhere near enough goals. . . .I mean look around, NQ's flatmate Chamak and a host of other players that probably couldnt lead QPRs line let alone a team that still holds dreams of granduer, false as thy may be. . .I am optimistic enough to say I dont believe RvP WANTS to leave but I am not so stupid to deny he does want an answer about the intent of the club, the direction it is going and how we plan to get their. . . .if he is not asking these questions I believe his agent probably already is. . . .god would like to be a fly on the wall at that meeting

Flavs
27-09-2011, 08:51 AM

Babies?

Flavs
27-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Fuck me.

I'll pass thanks :good:

Japan Shaking All Over
27-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Babies?

let me think. . . .nah had enough!