PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Spurs

Marc Overmars
02-10-2011, 05:02 PM
At least our rivals didn't pick up points this weekend.

KSE Comedy Club
02-10-2011, 05:03 PM
At least our rivals didn't pick up points this weekend.QPR??

Özim
02-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Barndoor didn't score :lol:

Wenger :pal:

Asthmatic Kitty
02-10-2011, 05:04 PM
DEFENSIVE COACH

gunnerrrrr
no cover for Sagna suprise suprise goal comes down the right side...great squad balance Arsehole wenger

Joker
WENGER YOU FUCKING TWAT JUST GET OUT OF THIS CLUB YOU PIECE OF SHIT

KSE Comedy Club
DEFENSIVE COACHWe need more than that.

Niall_Quinn
Hopefully the board and Kroenke will treat themselves to a rent boy nosh-up in Barbados, first class all the way by private jet.

Hopefully the plane will crash.

milla
At least our rivals didn't pick up points this weekend.

Err.. Swansea won, Sunderland got one point. We are on relegation form atm. :coffee:

Özim
02-10-2011, 05:05 PM
NEW SQUAD, NEW MANAGER, NEW BOARD
:goodpost:

Power n Glory
02-10-2011, 05:06 PM
no cover for Sagna suprise suprise goal comes down the right side...great squad balance Arsehole wenger

Sagna was just crap. He was too far forwards.

Marc Overmars
This hurts tbh.

Sperz are a better team than us. Never thought I'd see the day. What struck me the most was how they didn't even need to play out of their skins to get the better of us. That's never a good sign.

Arsenal. :(

selassie
We played a lot better than I thought we would.

gunnerrrrr
02-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Sagna was just crap. He was too far forwards.best of a very bad bunch

Master Splinter
02-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Beating ourselves again.

Coquelin deserves better players around him. Wouldn't be surprised if Bayern or Real Madrid came in for him.

Ramsey with the worst performance I have seen from a player in quite a while.

Szczesny was good apart from the second goal.

Spurs were quite poor too. We, as usual, don't take our chances and then proceed to gift the opposition.

In conclusion: Coquelin :bow:.

selassie
02-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Beating ourselves again.

Coquelin deserves better players around him. Wouldn't be surprised if Bayern or Real Madrid came in for him.

Ramsey with worst performance I have seen from a player in quite a while.

Szxesny was good apart from the second goal.

Spurs were quite poor too. We, as usual, don't take our chances and then proceed to gift the opposition.

In conclusion: Coquelin :bow:.

Yeah Coquelin was excellent TBF.

gunnerrrrr
02-10-2011, 05:08 PM
shocker by Wenger ...no Oxo....wtf

Edinburgh Gooner
02-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Can see the headlines now. Pish team beats a pish team.

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2011, 05:10 PM
shocker by Wenger ...no Oxo....wtf

He's saving him so we can play him in 60 consecutive games when we get really desperate and then complain and make excuses when he gets a 22 week injury. Usual stuff.

Joker
If we avoid relegation this season that'll be an achievement. Our squad is absolutely shocking this season, and we have one of the worst managers in the league atm. That's going to be our aim this season.

Power n Glory
Arteta is rubbish. Ramsey is rubbish. Gervinho, Walcott....rubbish. Gibbs...rubbish.

The main focus has to be that middle. Ramsey and Arteta are sloppy, don't work hard enough, always out of position, bad passing....awful pair.

Marc Overmars
02-10-2011, 05:11 PM
At least we are spared the torture of this team for 2 weeks now.

Maybe the time away will do them good.

*remembers Blackburn*

Oh wait...

Xhosa_Gunner
02-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Da da daaaaahhhhh:music::music::music::music:

Özim
02-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Da da daaaaahhhhh:music::music::music::music:
Barndoor didn't score btw.

selassie
02-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Arteta is rubbish. Ramsey is rubbish. Gervinho, Walcott....rubbish. Gibbs...rubbish.

The main focus has to be that middle. Ramsey and Arteta are sloppy, don't work hard enough, always out of position, bad passing....awful pair.

Yup, we have problems in Central Midfield and on the wings now. The sad thing about Central Midfield is that even with Jack back that Midfield is still just above average IMHO.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Fuck.

Power n Glory
02-10-2011, 05:15 PM
best of a very bad bunch

What game were you watching? Bale had him up all game. Merts and Song were great at the back and it's a throw up between those two. Sagna was out of position on far too many occasions and whines all day instead of showing some leadership and directing players. Overrated player.

Newguy
Some really poor performances today...

Ramsey - even with the goal this kid cannot play in this current Arsenal midfield. He's losing the ball, he's not tracking runs, he's misplacing passes, he's not goos enough guys.
Arteta - not a good signing i'm afraid, what is he bringing to this team? It aint leadership, it aint pinpoint killer passing, he's not a leader...it's a bad signing as he is evidently not what we need and we are not benefiting in any way
Walcott - He needs to have a stint on the left wing or upfront, if Wenger thinks this is not an option then it's not a problem as theo wont sign a new contract anyway.

The final shocking performances goes to Wenger - Even when we needed the goal, he refused to bring on a second striker, he refused to even change the formation to help RvP out. We got Park on the bench; is he ever going to get a prem game? When your team are trailing in a local derby with 15 minutes to go I simply cannot understand the substitutions he made.

We've played 7 games and lost 4 - shocking

Master Splinter
Bets on Sagna's injury?

Four months.

Globalgunner
Words cannot describe the hatred i have for this team and especially the clown who manages it. We cannot win a thing again with this muppet in charge. He wouldnt buy Parker presumably because that would kill Ramsey. He wouldnt buy Mata, nor Van der Faart the season before even though Van Persie begged him to do it. We are easily one of the 5 worst tyeams in the PL this season, we struggled to beat Bolton who have been pasted by everybody else, He laboured against Blackburn, who are easily the worst team this season under Keane. I cannot imagine where we will be by Christmas. The only thing that will save us is if we can find another woeful team to join Blackburn and bolton below us at the end of season. Van Persie, if I were your agent i would be on the blower to any other team in Europe sharpest and no one could blame you. Woeful team, crap manager

Joker
02-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Wenger is sucking the joy out of supporting Arsenal. I'm tired of listening to his whinging, I'm tired of being told to be patient because we're running on sweat while others are running on petrol, I'm tired of being told about our financial prudence when all this means sweet FA on the pitch.

Xhosa_Gunner
02-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Provided an assist

Power n Glory
02-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Yup, we have problems in Central Midfield and on the wings now. The sad thing about Central Midfield is that even with Jack back that Midfield is still just above average IMHO.

We need three Alex Songs. Two in the middle and one at the back.

That guy was going for killer passes, driving forwards and got the assist for our goal.

Ollie the Optimist
02-10-2011, 05:18 PM
i dont care how we played, when the fuck are we going to stop being fucked over by the refs. fucking blatant handball and he went into crowd should have been off. dont give a fuck anymore, referees going to fuck us over

Xhosa_Gunner
02-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Barndoor didn't score btw.

Asssist

fakeyank
02-10-2011, 05:20 PM
AW will sort it out

In Arsene, we trust..

gunnerrrrr

That guy was going for killer passes, driving forwards and got the assist for our goal.
i said it in the match day thread...he is wasted in defence...shame Wenger cant see this

gunnerrrrr
AW will sort it out

In Arsene, we trust..
good one mate, i needed a laugh

Özim
02-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Asssist
He was totally sh*t, missed a sitter and was offside when it was easier not to be....in short awful performance....just saying :lol:

Ollie the Optimist
02-10-2011, 05:21 PM
i said it in the match day thread...he is wasted in defence...shame Wenger cant see this

Sorry mate but who else you going to play in defence today?

Marc Overmars
02-10-2011, 05:22 PM
I've been saying for a while now that Ramsey is not good enough to be first choice for us. Does Wenger think he can turn him into a mini Cesc? He's had a shocker this season IMO bar the odd moment or 2. I think he's afforded too much slack because of his injury.

gunnerrrrr
good point

Joker
AW will sort it out

In Arsene, we trust..

Trust me, when we are leading 1-0 against a bog-standard team at our next home game, the supporters will chant "there's only one Arsene Wenger" and the "In Wenger we trust" banners will be out in force.

Niall_Quinn

Agreed. Alex is an AVERAGE player, which is a couple of steps up from most of the rest in the squad. What a ridiculous performance from Walcott and Gervinho. In the end our CENTRAL DEFENDER had to get forward to make anything happen, fucking laughable.

gunnerrrrr
I've been saying for a while now that Ramsey is not good enough to be first choice for us. Does Wenger think he can turn him into a mini Cesc? He's had a shocker this season IMO bar the odd moment or 2. I think he's afforded too much slack because of his injury.
tbf he was looking class up untill his leg got snapped

Özim
I know of this mouse with big ears, think he could have done a job tbh.

fakeyank

Arsene Wenger

Power n Glory
02-10-2011, 05:23 PM

I thought he played well in defence problem is we don't have anyone else that can play there. Merts and Song look like our most solid pair.

hobson's choice
02-10-2011, 05:24 PM
The frustrating thing for me, is that we don't the ability on consistent basis to get our best scorer RVP opportunities

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2011, 05:25 PM

Cahill, Samba either should have started ahead of Song who should have been playing in the middle. Only flaw in that plan, the incredibly greedy, thieving, cuntish, whore spawned, money garbbing, cunt, cunt, cunt, cunt, cunt, cunt, cunt, cunt, cunt, rat bastards who run this club wouldn't buy the defenders we've needed for years.

Power n Glory
Some really poor performances today...

Ramsey - even with the goal this kid cannot play in this current Arsenal midfield. He's losing the ball, he's not tracking runs, he's misplacing passes, he's not goos enough guys.
Arteta - not a good signing i'm afraid, what is he bringing to this team? It aint leadership, it aint pinpoint killer passing, he's not a leader...it's a bad signing as he is evidently not what we need and we are not benefiting in any way
Walcott - He needs to have a stint on the left wing or upfront, if Wenger thinks this is not an option then it's not a problem as theo wont sign a new contract anyway.

The final shocking performances goes to Wenger - Even when we needed the goal, he refused to bring on a second striker, he refused to even change the formation to help RvP out. We got Park on the bench; is he ever going to get a prem game? When your team are trailing in a local derby with 15 minutes to go I simply cannot understand the substitutions he made.

We've played 7 games and lost 4 - shocking

:gp:

gunnerrrrr
what was this all about...

DickinsonTimes Matt Dickinson
by philmcnulty
Wenger gestures to Clive Allen to follow him down tunnel after confrontation. Can't imagine it would have been a great fight
23 minutes ago

philmcnulty Phil McNulty
And of course a little bit of a row at the end with Wenger unhappy and Clive Allen in close attendance. #bbcfootball

Daniele
our midfield was composed by a young chap - a very good one but after an hour he faded away - and two pedestrian players, one of whom was exaggeratingly crap. And that was Ramsey, who's been crap for most of the season. If Frimpong had played I'm sure he would have been sent off.

So we have got our most reliable players injured: Vermalen, Wilshere and now Sagna. We are a Van Persie injury away from relegation.

BOBN
02-10-2011, 05:30 PM
worst arsenal central-mid for 15 years minimum.

coq - not ready, may never be ready
ramsey - inept
arteta - mediocre

hobson's choice
02-10-2011, 05:33 PM
worst arsenal central-mid for 15 years minimum.

coq - not ready, may never be ready

Gotta disagree with this, Coq looks more than ready, did everything he was asked to do today. Yeah he should be slowly eased in, but he looks very promising.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-10-2011, 05:34 PM
It's more a generalisation or stereotype rather than out and out racism, plus it's only racism if it's used in a negative context........dog is a cuisine in south korea that is fact. I'm not deriding him for it.

What's with the racism?

fari
02-10-2011, 05:34 PM
our midfield was composed by a young chap - a very good one but after an hour he faded away - and two pedestrian players, one of whom was exaggeratingly crap. And that was Ramsey, who's been crap for most of the season. If Frimpong had played I'm sure he would have been sent off.

So we have got our most reliable players injured: Vermalen, Wilshere and now Sagna. We are a Van Persie injury away from relegation.

i ma still not panicking. if however we do get a few games with a settled defence and still cant get good results then i will have to ask serious questions. we are in 15th but there is a difference of only 5 pts between us and sp... in 6th place

Power n Glory
02-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Gotta disagree with this, Coq looks more than ready, did everything he was asked to do today. Yeah he should be slowly eased in, but he looks very promising.

No complaints with that kid. Reads the game well and works his socks off.

fari

i agree. towards the end though he was letting his emotions show but i think he is a good player. he should not be starting tho, maybe coming off the bench, but that is a topic for another thread.

Newguy

I agree with that. Coq contributed more than Arteta, who I feel is a disaster signing.

fakeyank
02-10-2011, 05:36 PM
It's more a generalisation or stereotype rather than out and out racism, plus it's only racism if it's used in a negative context........dog is a cuisine in south korea that is fact. I'm not deriding him for it.

People need to man the F up.. pretty much like our team!

BOBN
fair enough, maybe i wasnt following him closely enough

McNamara That Ghost...

You wouldn't call Gibbs the fish and chips man though. :lol:

PnG is right, it's just something we can do without on here.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-10-2011, 05:37 PM
I could really murder a red setter about now, serve it with tabasco sauce and noodles

People need to man the F up.. pretty much like our team!

Niall_Quinn

No complaints with that kid. Reads the game well and works his socks off.

We could build a team for the future.

Joker
Mertersacker looks shit as well. He did some blocks and interceptions, but some of his judgement is dreadful, and his lack of pace is worrying. There was one moment when he let a goal kick go over his head and Bale missed a great chance. Arteta also looks a waste of space tbh, and Benayoun is proving to be exactly what I expected, a washed up has-been.

So much for the "great business" we did on the last day of the window.

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2011, 05:38 PM
You wouldn't call Gibbs the fish and chips man though. :lol:

PnG is right, it's just something we can do without on here.

True, you'd probably call him the useless cunt who can't defend to save his life - that way everyone would know who you were talking about.

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Yossi Fucking Benayoun was a total waste of space too - at least he's delivering on expectations.

notwist
02-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Arteta always looked good for Everton. How did he become so crap so suddenly?

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2011, 05:41 PM

Surrounded by shit.

gunnerrrrr
02-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Everton was his level......just like Barca are Cescs if we are honest

Power n Glory
02-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Mertersacker looks shit as well. He did some blocks and interceptions, but some of his judgement is dreadful, and his lack of pace is worrying. There was one moment when he let a goal kick go over his head and Bale missed a great chance. Arteta also looks a waste of space tbh, and Benayoun is proving to be exactly what I expected, a washed up has-been.

So much for the "great business" we did on the last day of the window.

Disagree with that. I'm glad he's in the team.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
because he's playing under a coach as delusional as a rabbit with mixamatosis

friskyanders
I thought it was a great day for the club when Eboue left but I didn't quite realise that his replacement was a pub player who literally was playing in the Conference only a year ago.

I feel sorry for Jenkinson as he just looks more out of his depth than Squillaci and I never though I'd hear myself say that.

Unfortunately and despite what we'd all like to think only Wenger can take the blame for what he did over the summer - He knew the score and should have shipped out Fabregas and The Weasel much earlier and concentrated on buying what we clearly needed.

Luckily Silent Stan is happy with Mad Wengie so nothing will change - I guees the 15,000 replica shirts they sold in Korea for signing Park more than makes up for the worst start to a season in living memory.

Can't wait for RVP to walk. In fact - let's not waste time and sell him in January while we can get some decent money for him.

Olivier's xmas twist
Trust me, when we are leading 1-0 against a bog-standard team at our next home game, the supporters will chant "there's only one Arsene Wenger" and the "In Wenger we trust" banners will be out in force.

Can't blame the ref for today (even though Wenger will) we had chances and we let them win that game. not one of those players looked like they cared it was a derby half looked like they never wanted to be there.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-10-2011, 05:43 PM
True, you'd probably call him the useless cunt who can't defend to save his life - that way everyone would know who you were talking about.

I'd have thought calling him that would make him even more indistinguishable.

Joker
02-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Can't wait for RVP to walk. In fact - let's not waste time and sell him in January while we can get some decent money for him.

Agreed, he doesn't look like he can bothered and no doubt will be pining for a move in the summer. Let's ship him out in January and get a decent player in who doesn't disappear in big games.

Marc Overmars
02-10-2011, 05:44 PM

Wengeritis?

Seriously though, he has disappointed me.

Cesc would attempt through balls in his sleep.

Arteta prefers the safe ball all the time. In fact we've been giving Ramsey some stick but actually he's been no worse than the Spaniard.

He needs to man up.

Boss
02-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Parker @ 5M... bargain of the season, imo.

Bergkampwonderland10
02-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Any news on Sagna? Of all the players I did not want to get injured this season it was him - our only consistent player and always giving 100%. Looked bad.

Power n Glory
02-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Arteta can't run the midfield. He's not suited to our style of play. Panic buy for sure.

Joker

It's okay, because we have Frimpong who can play there you know.

Marc Overmars

Not Arsenal quality apparently.

Joker
02-10-2011, 05:49 PM
And I'm not sure about Gervinho either. Walcott's been getting a lot of stick but Gervinho's looked really mediocre after his good start to his Arsenal career. He seems to do the same thing every-time and fails to take it past the full back. And his miss was pathetic for a forward player.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-10-2011, 05:52 PM

the system he is playing in and he is now a big fish in a big pond where the pressure is so much. If he came to the club with our best players still here he'd look better

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Not Arsenal quality apparently.

Probably true, why would he step down to us anyway?

Ernesto
02-10-2011, 05:56 PM
The worst thing about this is that the games we're NOT expected to get results in are proving exactly that- pointless. We're playing right into the hands of the circling f***ing sharks.

Under no circumstance should we be losing to Spurs when we have the lions share of possession. In fact, scratch that we should not be losing to Spurs whatsoever!

Bunch of prats, this lot.

Marc Overmars
02-10-2011, 06:14 PM
"I felt we played a little bit with the handbrake on"

Oh dear god.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Oh dear god.

Might explain why we didn't get a tonking. Doesn't sound like he sees that as a positive though.

Marc Overmars
02-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Might explain why we didn't get a tonking. Doesn't sound like he sees that as a positive though.

The despair was more that he used that phrase.

He's become a cartoon character of himself.

selassie
02-10-2011, 06:18 PM
the system he is playing in and he is now a big fish in a big pond where the pressure is so much. If he came to the club with our best players still here he'd look better

:good:

Yup, he's slow too, his lack of pace really gets exposed in the big/more high pressured games.

Our midfield is so horrible this season it's actually quite disturbing.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-10-2011, 06:22 PM
The despair was more that he used that phrase.

He's become a cartoon character of himself.

Yeah I know. This is the kind of game you want the 'handbrake on' though as he put it. Usually he says it for games that you can afford to have it off.

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2011, 06:26 PM
And I'm not sure about Gervinho either. Walcott's been getting a lot of stick but Gervinho's looked really mediocre after his good start to his Arsenal career. He seems to do the same thing every-time and fails to take it past the full back. And his miss was pathetic for a forward player.

The pair of them were so poor it made you wonder how they ever got into professional football. Walcott has had his chance and the evidence is now in, he's just a bad player. Bags of talent there but disconnected and he doesn't have the brain to bring it together neither does it appear he's coachable, certainly he never learns anything. Gervinho (and here we go again) needs to be given more time but he's displaying all the hallmarks of another nearly player who nobody else wanted hence he's playing for us. Oxo is already better than both of them by a margin. I don't see Walcott doing anything but he'll grab a few more seasons based on the hope his potential is realised, the he'll fade out like a Pennant or Bentley. Gervinho and Oxo might be able to strike up an understanding on the pitch though. Even though Gervinho isn't much use when he has the ball he seems more likely to be able to make intelligent runs that could open things up for capable players. We won't be seeing them best of any of them though, morale and belief is in the toilet.

Power n Glory
02-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Oxo has only featured in 3 games. Chill with the hype. A second division English team and a Greek team is totally different to playing against a Prem side in the league.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-10-2011, 06:33 PM

tbf to the lad he thought he was coming to a much better sqaud then this, lets be real he was not bought for his fininshing all his end product. its clear he may be having second thoughts about being here like RVP. We have no chance of getting big signs in jan tbh who'd want to come to this club tbh.

this club is in bloody crisis no matter what anyone says.

Xhaka Can’t
02-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Agreed, he doesn't look like he can bothered and no doubt will be pining for a move in the summer. Let's ship him out in January and get a decent player in who doesn't disappear in big games.

Every post like that just serves to increase your bitter retard quotient up a notch.

Cripps_orig
02-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Glad i missed it tbh.

Anyway its not the results v Spuds, Liverpool, Man Utd etc that will keep us up.

We have to beat the teams around us and did that with Bolton and Swansea although we had the shocker v Blackburn

Oh well. On we go to next week

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Oxo has only featured in 3 games. Chill with the hype. A second division English team and a Greek team is totally different to playing against a Prem side in the league.

We know what we get with Walcott and increasingly we're seeing the same sort of result with Gervinho. They look bloody clueless when trying to beat their man. Get Oxo in now to capitalise on his good form, give the other two something to compete with. Not that I think there'll be much competition because Oxo is already on another level, but we'd only be able to see that if the kid plays. Not even on the bench today, a joke. What did Benayoun offer? Arshavin? Even on the strength that spud defenders would be facing something unknown he should have played. Maybe the board are angry about their next payday being out for 22 weeks and don't want the same mistakes made again.

Gubby Allen
02-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Not sure if it's been said already, but Wenger's substitutions were dire, albeit 1 of the 6 decisions was forced on him. Long gone are the days of us replacing a full-back or a CM with a striker when we need a goal and finishing with 4 or 5 attackers on. I't's now just tedious like-for-like drivel regardless of the game situation.

We ended the game with a more defensive side than at any point. When 4 of your front 6 are Coquelin, Ramsey, Benayoun & Arteta it's a hopeless task.

Walcott & Gervinho were poor again & ordinarily deserving of coming off but Arshavin (and/or Park) should've been on for one or both of Coquelin & Ramsey, or even a full-back.

Yet what did we have? Mertesacker & Szezeny up front trying to claw a draw.

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Every post like that just serves to increase your bitter retard quotient up a notch.

It's incredible that some would rather see the team in the shitter with zero quality players YET THIS FUCKING BOARD STILL IN PLACE, rather than kick the fucking board out and get someone in who would invest the resources that might convince players like RvP to stay. We've lost enough players on this train, shop-window and flog policy, time for the culprits to walk.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-10-2011, 06:47 PM
It's incredible that some would rather see the team in the shitter with zero quality players YET THIS FUCKING BOARD STILL IN PLACE, rather than kick the fucking board out and get someone in who would invest the resources that might convince players like RvP to stay. We've lost enough players on this train, shop-window and flog policy, time for the culprits to walk.

This, not sure why joker Hates rvp so much our only bit of quality

Power n Glory
02-10-2011, 06:49 PM
We know what we get with Walcott and increasingly we're seeing the same sort of result with Gervinho. They look bloody clueless when trying to beat their man. Get Oxo in now to capitalise on his good form, give the other two something to compete with. Not that I think there'll be much competition because Oxo is already on another level, but we'd only be able to see that if the kid plays. Not even on the bench today, a joke. What did Benayoun offer? Arshavin? Even on the strength that spud defenders would be facing something unknown he should have played. Maybe the board are angry about their next payday being out for 22 weeks and don't want the same mistakes made again.

Who told Wenger to buy these players? The Board depends on Wenger's wealth of knowledge when it comes to buying players. If we're seeing the same traits in Gervinho as we've seen in Theo and Arshavin, then what does that tell you?

Cripps_orig
02-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Who told Wenger to buy these players? The Board depends on Wenger's wealth of knowledge when it comes to buying players. If we're seeing the same traits in Gervinho as we've seen in Theo and Arshavin, then what does that tell you?

Hes infected with Wengeritis?

McNamara That Ghost...
02-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Just read that on French TV they're saying a broken fibula for Sagna. I guess they'd want to know for the internationals so it's likely to be accurate.

Cock.

Cripps_orig
02-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Come back Eboue

All is forgiven

Olivier's xmas twist
02-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Just read that on French TV they're saying a broken fibula for Sagna. I guess they'd want to know for the internationals so it's likely to be accurate.

Cock.

FFS, Well it would not be us if we never had more Blows tbh. when it rains it really does pour for us.

The board may have told aw not to buy these players but they don't give a shit he has what does that tell you? The board are sticking by their man and that is more worrying then anything on the pitch tbh. if they are happy to be failures then we should be worried. To them we will finish in the top 8 its still sucess to them as were making money

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2011, 06:59 PM

It tells me we weren't prepared to pay for Hazard or Young.

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2011, 07:03 PM

Cock.

Looked innocuous too. LOL, if you asked at the start of the season who can we not afford to lose - Wilshere, Vermaelen, RvP, Sagna and maybe Song. If you also asked where we have historically struggled and where we most desperately needed strong experienced reserves you would have to say the defence. We're short yet again. It's negligence although I'm sure the club will spin it as bad luck.

Cripps_orig
02-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Havent read this thread or the match one and i havent seen it for myself but was Chesneys shocker a bad one?

McNamara That Ghost...
02-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Havent read this thread or the match one and i havent seen it for myself but was Chesneys shocker a bad one?

Looked it at first glance but the late swerve on the ball was just weird.

gunnerrrrr
02-10-2011, 07:06 PM

ye, but he made some world class saves out there...he is not the issue

Olivier's xmas twist
02-10-2011, 07:06 PM

he's learning and he's going to have a mistake in him tbh plus it don't help with a shite defence

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2011, 07:08 PM

As bad as the CC. He's inexperienced, he often loses concentration when the goal is not directly under threat. But he also made a couple of outstanding saves. He's learning fast and he's our best keeper now. I'm not so bothered about having an inexperienced keeper as #1 any more because we're not seriously competing at the top level. He's already good enough for the mid-table level we play at, he'll get better too and we'll get big money for him in 3-4 years.

Cripps_orig
02-10-2011, 07:10 PM
So it'd be harsh if i said

Come back Almunia

All is forgiven

?

;)

Seriously though til i see it myself, im not going to critisise Chesney. Hes done well overall. Still would like a better keeper but the same could be said for the 10 other positions

hobson's choice
02-10-2011, 07:11 PM
These transfer buys we made this season is really gonna fukk things up. We got a a bunch of players who are not good enough, that are probably gonna be at this club for another couple of seasons.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-10-2011, 07:27 PM
These transfer buys we made this season is really gonna fukk things up. We got a a bunch of players who are not good enough, that are probably gonna be at this club for another couple of seasons.

lets be real we were never winning the league or getting top 4 the board and the manager knew that and brought what they thought would see us in top 5-8. Only thing thats worked against them is the Big Players hate this and don't want to be here.

for them Winning the CC or fa cup would be success this season, never thought id ever say that

Cripps_orig
02-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Bets on Sagna's injury?

Four months.

Out for the season

Cripps_orig
02-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Actually looking forward to the International break.

2 weeks away from Arsenal is great

Cripps_orig
02-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Former Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor, who now plays for Spurs, was taunted about the Togo national team being attacked before the African Cup of Nations in Angola in January 2010.

Really?

:doh:

hobson's choice
02-10-2011, 07:39 PM
lets be real we were never winning the league or getting top 4 the board and the manager knew that and brought what they thought would see us in top 5-8. Only thing thats worked against them is the Big Players hate this and don't want to be here.

for them Winning the CC or fa cup would be success this season, never thought id ever say that

Nah, I don't think they had that thought.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Really?

Bit Stupid if true shows how bitter gooners gave gotten

Syn
02-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Really?

The fucking spider will probably write a book on it.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Nah, I don't think they had that thought. well they could not have belived anthing else with this sqaud tbh. they know we can survive a year or 2 out the cl as we can afford it. Something is going on and unluky for us it won't end any time soon

Syn
02-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Bit Stupid if true shows how bitter gooners gave gotten

Bit stupid if you don't question the source. Where was that written? Where is the proof that it even happened?

In either case, you'll always get a few twisted individuals (such as myself) in any fan base. I wouldn't make any assumptions about gooners in general on the back of that non-story.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Bit stupid if you don't question the source. Where was that written? Where is the proof that it even happened?

In either case, you'll always get a few twisted individuals (such as myself) in any fan base. I wouldn't make any assumptions about gooners in general on the back of that non-story.

thats why i said if true

Cripps_orig
02-10-2011, 07:44 PM

BBC

Both Harry and Wenger commented on it.

Syn
thats why i said if true

<_<

You did say that.

Syn
BBC

Both Harry and Wenger commented on it.

Link?

Cripps_orig
02-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Link?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15144151.stm

Syn
02-10-2011, 07:49 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15144151.stm

Cheers.

Ok - there's reasonable proof that it happened.

Not good on our part. Emmanuel might well be crying himself to sleep tonight.

Cripps_orig
02-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Arsenal away fans truly are a bit stupid

Thank god for the home fans, of which i am one :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
02-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Former Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor, who now plays for Spurs, was taunted about the Togo national team being attacked before the African Cup of Nations in Angola in January 2010.

Really?

I'm, sorry to say, it's true.

Gareth Bale is a heartless cunt.

fakeyank
02-10-2011, 07:58 PM
So I go to Arsenal.com and the first thing I see is this:

I felt we played with the handbrake on

I loled on the floor so hard.. :haha:

FFS Arsene cant come up with anything better anymore!

Power n Glory
02-10-2011, 07:58 PM
FFS, Well it would not be us if we never had more Blows tbh. when it rains it really does pour for us.

The board may have told aw not to buy these players but they don't give a shit he has what does that tell you? The board are sticking by their man and that is more worrying then anything on the pitch tbh. if they are happy to be failures then we should be worried. To them we will finish in the top 8 its still sucess to them as were making money

This is the point you guys are missing....who are they to tell Wenger that so and so isn't good enough? None of them know football like Arsene. Wenger is the football man and they're not going to question his wisdom. If he wants to spend £15m on untested kids, who are they to tell him otherwise? If he wants to spend £10m on a player that had one years experience in the French league, who are they to tell him he's wrong?

He has a record of making these sort of signings and getting them right which is what he's built his rep on. They're not going to jump in now and start telling him what to do.

Xhaka Can’t
02-10-2011, 07:59 PM
thats why i said if true

Yeah, that means you think Arsenal fans are that bitter and twisted regardless of whether it happened or not.

Explain why you think I'm bitter?

Özim
02-10-2011, 08:08 PM
So I go to Arsenal.com and the first thing I see is this:

I loled on the floor so hard.. :haha:

FFS Arsene cant come up with anything better anymore!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Ah Arsene always the joker, it's amazing how he can turn problems into a comedy show!

Marc Overmars
02-10-2011, 08:09 PM
You're always going to get a minority of fans who indulge in chants like this. Every club has them.

Özim
02-10-2011, 08:15 PM
You're always going to get a minority of fans who indulge in chants like this. Every club has them.
Yeah, often called football hooligans.

gunnerrrrr
02-10-2011, 08:19 PM
disgusting song, the true gooners always sing over it, worse than the song calling Wenger a Pedo imo

Syn
02-10-2011, 08:20 PM
disgusting song, the true gooners always sing over it, worse than the song calling Wenger a Pedo imo

What was the chant?

Just curious.

Cripps_orig
02-10-2011, 08:25 PM
What was the chant?

Just curious.

Youre black, youre cack, your coach is under attack

Bergkampwonderland10
02-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Looked innocuous too. LOL, if you asked at the start of the season who can we not afford to lose - Wilshere, Vermaelen, RvP, Sagna and maybe Song. If you also asked where we have historically struggled and where we most desperately needed strong experienced reserves you would have to say the defence. We're short yet again. It's negligence although I'm sure the club will spin it as bad luck.

I would have listed those 5 players too.
I am shocked at how Walcott is allowed to jog through games time and time again. Why doesn't anyone from the coaching staff instruct him while he's on the pitch. Some players need instruction throughout the game - in fact most of our team need instruction...but Walcott in particular was a disgrace to the shirt today. He needs help.

Syn
02-10-2011, 08:28 PM

:| I see.

Cripps_orig
02-10-2011, 08:28 PM
:| I see.

I just made that up tbh.

Doubt whatever it is as good as that

Syn
02-10-2011, 08:29 PM
I just made that up tbh.

:haha:

Ah well. Next time.

Özim
02-10-2011, 08:30 PM
I just made that up tbh.

:lol:

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2011, 08:32 PM

You sure they weren't chanting at Walcott?

Sirjackofwilshere
02-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Been watching Coquelin ever since he joined the club. His performance today is not surprising tbh. He had class written all over him from day 1. Very much in the Flamini mould of mid but a better passer.

As for the rest...been coming tbh..6 years of underinvestment gives us our current position. Everyone at the club including Wenger should be held accountable. Hit them where it matters and don't go to home games.

Syn
02-10-2011, 08:35 PM
You sure they weren't chanting at Walcott?

Özim
02-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Anyone have the link to the Wenger post match interview, I don't seem to be able to find it and I could use a good laugh?

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Anyone have the link to the Wenger post match interview, I don't seem to be able to find it and I could use a good laugh?

Just watch an interview from last season.

Özim
02-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Never mind found it, very funny :lol:

Özim
02-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Just watch an interview from last season.
Yeah, but he's just a little crazier at the moment, it's the fine margins that make the difference...the extra 2%.

Joker
02-10-2011, 08:42 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/02/emmanuel-adebayor-arsenal

"It should have been you, it should have been you," they sang, at regular intervals in the first-half. "Shot in Angola. It should have been you."

That's pretty pathetic tbh. No place for chanting like that.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Yeah, that means you think Arsenal fans are that bitter and twisted regardless of whether it happened or not.

Explain why you think I'm bitter?

don't think ur bitter at all

Olivier's xmas twist
02-10-2011, 08:44 PM

Neither could Wenger

gunnerrrrr
02-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Adebayor Adebayoooor he used to like coach trips he don`t anymore.

Syn
02-10-2011, 08:47 PM

Ah. Surprisingly that is catchier than Cripps' chant.

But agreed...awful stuff.

It raises a few ethical questions though, at least in my mind.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-10-2011, 08:55 PM

Then people wonder why Arenal and its fans are hated in the league

Syn
02-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Then people wonder why Arenal and its fans are hated in the league

Oh piss off - we're hardly the only club in the league that'd have some fans chanting crudely.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Oh piss off - we're hardly the only club in the league that'd have some fans chanting crudely.

Not saying we are, i was saying this is a reason other fans don't like us we seem bitter at times. id never expect us to go down the Chavs root and behave this way.

I thought we was better then than that right now we are no better then stoke. shows how the mighty have fallen tbh

Syn
02-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Not saying we are, i was saying this is a reason other fans don't like us we seem bitter at times. id never expect us to go down the Chavs root and behave this way.

I thought we was better then than that right now we are no better then stoke. shows how the mighty have fallen tbh

That, right there, is part of the reason fans hate us. As a club, we have appeared to be very sanctimonious. We're no different from any other club. Singing about Munich or Hillsborough or tragic events in players' lives - it happens all the time.

The other reason they hate us is that a large proportion of all fans (including our own) are stupid. Everyone hates 'the other team'. The other team always cheats. The referee is always a wanker. Basic footballfanology.

gunnerrrrr
02-10-2011, 09:13 PM
who the fuck is surchensy? watching MOTD 2 and the commentator keeps referring to this guy

Olivier's xmas twist
02-10-2011, 09:17 PM

That, right there, is part of the reason fans hate us. As a club, we have appeared to be very sanctimonious. We're no different from any other club. Singing about Munich or Hillsborough or tragic events in players' lives - it happens all the time.

The other reason they hate us is that a large proportion of all fans (including our own) are stupid. Everyone hates 'the other team'. The other team always cheats. The referee is always a wanker. Basic footballfanology.

Fair play fella, fair play. I just don't think we need to say those kinds of insults thats all. don't mind booing barndoor or whatever but do we need to be so horrible about his shooting.

fakeyank
03-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Sometimes I wonder why we sold Eboue.. dont get me wrong, he wasnt the best player at Arsenal by miles but to sell him and have CJ as the back up is just idiotic management. WTF was the cunt Wenger thinking? Eboue wouldve been a decent cover for Sagna at the back but guess who we have there? CJ- league 1 player of the year. Arsene wenger is such a fuckin cunt.. I cant express my hate towards the fucker!

Olivier's xmas twist
03-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Sometimes I wonder why we sold Eboue.. dont get me wrong, he wasnt the best player at Arsenal by miles but to sell him and have CJ as the back up is just idiotic management. WTF was the cunt Wenger thinking? Eboue wouldve been a decent cover for Sagna at the back but guess who we have there? CJ- league 1 player of the year. Arsene wenger is such a fuckin cunt.. I cant express my hate towards the fucker!

This, IMO Eboue came to the end of his days with out and would have made no diffrence at all.

fakeyank
03-10-2011, 12:25 AM
This, IMO Eboue came to the end of his days with out and would have made no diffrence at all.

I am not talking just from the perspective of todays game, I am talking about the fact that Sagna is out for 3 months at least.

And I do think Eboue wouldve done much better against the pace of Bale compared to a pub teamer

WengerISaLizard
03-10-2011, 12:47 AM
Wenger doesn't know what his doing and this season will be the worst I've ever witnessed, unless some magic happens in January we are in for a long useless and embarrassing season

Niall_Quinn
03-10-2011, 01:16 AM

We got rid of Eboue and brought in Jenkinson because Jenks will cost far less in terms of wages. More money for the board. No need to look beyond the board's greed for all the answers are to why we're history.

Niall_Quinn
03-10-2011, 01:16 AM
That said, Jenkinson is going to be a much, much better player than Eboue ever could be.

Ralpheroo72
03-10-2011, 01:39 AM
I dont get why Oxlade Chamberlain didnt start? What is the point of Walcott? OC has exactly what we lack, muscle and difficult to shake off the ball. A few poor performances today, Bremen mugged us for Mertesacker and apart from the goal, Ramsey was woeful. He gave the ball away far too much.

No goals in our team, if the opposition marshalls RVP. The bench had few goals in it already, Wenger is a clown, and if something drastic isnt done in January, we are fucked. At the moment, there are at least 12 better teams above us in the table, and we will do well to claw back some points. Enjoy this years Cahmpions League, because it will be our last. :rose:

Grebbo
03-10-2011, 07:13 AM
It was that blasted handbrake's fault again.

St. Totteringham's Day :rose:

Wenger :rose:

Japan Shaking All Over
03-10-2011, 08:29 AM

Once again we failed to balance the squad out in terms of numbers......well at least in ready to play/experienced players......Jenko started the season well enough but got showed up against Utd as did the whole team so cant blame him entirely but yesterday showed that he may never be PL quality, I stress 'may'.

January we need to o shopping again but I fear it may be too late.......our season could well and truely be over if we dont get a grip soon and we will run the risk of not sttaracting the players we need, I can see Cahill going but would he come if we are in no better position than Bolton? especially with Chelsea sniffing around?

Personally would like to see us going asking around Everton, Jags.........for one, Felliani hasnt impressed so far this season would be another as would Rodwell......I would take him over Ramsey any day

selassie
03-10-2011, 08:38 AM
The more I watch us this season the more uncomfortable I feel about how we're going to fare. Man for man this is by a country mile the worst squad Wenger has built since being at the club. I use to seek comfort from the fact our First XI was strong but now that is not even the case, not even when the likes of Tommy V & Jack return. This squad/team is so imbalanced and lacking in QUALITY in key areas that it's going to take a large amount of investment to put things right. Arsene & the boards "bargain bucket" investment in the squad has basically caught up with us.

I'm not even angry anymore, just numb...just feel like so much work needs to be done to put things right that it's becoming difficult to work out who needs to go first and what needs to be done.

One thing we can be sure of though is Arsene is incapable of sorting out this mess, for a start if he's unwillingly to fix defence then nothing is going to change.

Marc Overmars
03-10-2011, 08:42 AM
I've been numb to this for a while now but yesterday did hurt.

For the first time in my football watching life Spurs are probably better than us.

:sick:

Flavs
03-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Spurs :bow:

Flavs
03-10-2011, 08:56 AM
That said, Jenkinson is going to be a much, much better player than Eboue ever could be.

Potential :bow:

LDG
03-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Sad thing is. Spurs didn't look that good tbh.

If we'd have had some bollocks about us, we could and should have steamrollered that lot.

Flavs
03-10-2011, 09:10 AM
I also love the moral outpouring from the Spurs staff about the singing to Ade yet they havent mentioned anything about their fans shouting abuse at Sagna while he was lying on the floor with a broken leg

Marc Overmars
03-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Sad thing is. Spurs didn't look that good tbh.

If we'd have had some bollocks about us, we could and should have steamrollered that lot.

Yeah that was the most disappointing thing, we didn't even make them fight for it.

The team is in a terrible state, can't see any way out of this rot.

Özim
03-10-2011, 09:53 AM
I see Arsene was at it again yesterday with the "You're not worthy to shake my hand" sh*t.

Doesn't help himself does he, goes out of his way to be disliked by others, it's his own fault his team aren't up to the job after all, noone else's so maybe he should take some of this out on his players.

Also enjoyed his response to our away form which the interviewer mentioned went back to last season, he came out with we had the best away record last season! Always good at hiding the reality is our Arsene.

Japan Shaking All Over
03-10-2011, 10:11 AM
I also love the moral outpouring from the Spurs staff about the singing to Ade yet they havent mentioned anything about their fans shouting abuse at Sagna while he was lying on the floor with a broken leg

Ummmmmm hello. . . .we are still talking about Spurs, right?

The club that is blessed with the moral IQ of what my son has just soiled his nappy with?

Slipping a bit arent we Flavs. . . .best go and sort the GW league tables out, theres a good lad, reckon I am in for a tight week! ?

Flavs
03-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Ummmmmm hello. . . .we are still talking about Spurs, right?

The club that is blessed with the moral IQ of what my son has just soiled his nappy with?

Slipping a bit arent we Flavs. . . .best go and sort the GW league tables out, theres a good lad, reckon I am in for a tight week! ?

I did them at about 7 this morning numbnuts

Letters
03-10-2011, 10:22 AM
I see Arsene was at it again yesterday with the "You're not worthy to shake my hand" sh*t.

I'm disappointed by that 'cos I've always regarded Wenger as a pretty decent, honourable bloke.
He's done this a few times now and it's petulant and classless.

Didn't see the game so can't really comment or react. I expected us to lose and we did. It's not an easy place to go but we really could have done with a point there. Ah well, on we go. :(

Özim
03-10-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm disappointed by that 'cos I've always regarded Wenger as a pretty decent, honourable bloke.
He's done this a few times now and it's petulant and classless.

Didn't see the game so can't really comment or react. I expected us to lose and we did. It's not an easy place to go but we really could have done with a point there. Ah well, on we go. :(
He should reserve his annoyance for the players, rather that being petty with the opposition.

Thought we did OK yesterday in the 1st half, again we let ourselves down with basic errors but we're use to that now. Spurs were poor but IMO we really looked like we lacked quality, Coquelin was good though and that was one positive.

I hold no hope for the defence though, the midfield seems a little lightweight to me (Arteta and co were awful) and up front there's too much reliance on RVP.......in the last 10 mins we actually stuck Mertersacker up front, that sums it up for me because although the guy is tall he's not the best at directing headers and if we had any decent options he would never be there.

We don't seem like a top side any more, something very lightweight about us these days. It's very worrying because even though I didn't reckon we'd get top 4 I thought we still better than we actually are at the moment.

Letters
03-10-2011, 10:40 AM
We don't seem like a top side any more, something very lightweight about us these days. It's very worrying because even though I didn't reckon we'd get top 4 I thought we still better than we actually are at the moment.

Can't argue with that. I suppose if I had to clutch at straws I'd say that 3 of the games we've lost have been pretty tough games in any season, at least they're out the way now. The run in is better than the start in terms of our fixture list and while when we've been close to trophies we've collapsed, in seasons when top 4 has been in doubt we've often gone on better runs towards the end.
We do lack quality this year though and once again injuries are costing us.
We're looking very mid-table which is disappointing.

Ernesto
03-10-2011, 10:40 AM
If Harry Red-knob says that we, the Arsenal fans, deserved the crap that Adebayor gave us by runnig the length of the pitch at Eastlands the other year, then he'll be confirmed for the c*ck he truly is.

He wasn't at the game, he didn't hear what was sung, but he's decided to be a good little boy, read the tabloid tittle-tattle and take it as gospel. For the record, there was no "elephant" song sung, only the "Arshavin/Adebayor" song, that we all know so well.

This second hand car-dealer twat starts crying about some abusive chant directed at him yesterday yet he doesn't bat an eyelid at the sickening chant that's been directed toward Arsene Wenger all these years at WHL and Old Trafford.

Pathetic excuse of a man is 'Aitch.

BOBN
03-10-2011, 10:44 AM
I am not talking just from the perspective of todays game, I am talking about the fact that Sagna is out for 3 months at least.

And I do think Eboue wouldve done much better against the pace of Bale compared to a pub teamer

yep, I dont care what jenkinson can or cant be in 5 years. right now hes shyt and the idea of him playing for the next 3 months is outrageous for a so-called big club.

Marc Overmars
03-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Question for all, optimistis and pessimists alike. Does Arsene's position become completely untenable if we continue at this rate and finish mid-table?

Flavs
03-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Question for all, optimistis and pessimists alike. Does Arsene's position become completely untenable if we continue at this rate and finish mid-table?

I said he would be sacked by Christmas at the end of last season i cant see that changing, we should get a result from Sunderland but then its Stoke and Chelsea, i just cant see us getting anything from that. That would essentially leave us 17 points behind the leaders. Even if 4th is the target not the title we are a long way back and both Liverpool and Spurs look stronger, hell Newcastle and Villa look stronger at the moment

Olivier's xmas twist
03-10-2011, 11:27 AM
I see Arsene was at it again yesterday with the "You're not worthy to shake my hand" sh*t.Doesn't help himself does he, goes out of his way to be disliked by others, it's his own fault his team aren't up to the job after all, noone else's so maybe he should take some of this out on his players.

Also enjoyed his response to our away form which the interviewer mentioned went back to last season, he came out with we had the best away record last season! Always good at hiding the reality is our Arsene.

I agree with you he don't help himself but he right why should he have to shake everyones hand, i never saw redknapp shake all gooners staff hands. just that alleen making a fuss out of nothing even arry said as much.

But Wenger needs to stop doing it, it makes him look petty and silly something the club does not need right now

Olivier's xmas twist
03-10-2011, 11:29 AM

neither am i and much as i rate eboue he has a few mistakes in him we don't need. tbh don't see a problem with Jenkison its not going to make a diffrence to where we will finish its going to be bad anyway so feck it how much worse can he do.

Marc Overmars
03-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Yeah but Allen offered his hand and Wenger for whatever reason ignored it. That's disrespectful.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Can't argue with that. I suppose if I had to clutch at straws I'd say that 3 of the games we've lost have been pretty tough games in any season, at least they're out the way now. The run in is better than the start in terms of our fixture list and while when we've been close to trophies we've collapsed, in seasons when top 4 has been in doubt we've often gone on better runs towards the end.
We do lack quality this year though and once again injuries are costing us.
We're looking very mid-table which is disappointing.

But you always say we don't have a right to be top 4 so whats changed. we were never going to be there for ever where we, we all knew one day we'd be in the shit we just never thought it would be so soon

Olivier's xmas twist
03-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Yeah but Allen offered his hand and Wenger for whatever reason ignored it. That's disrespectful.

Thats why i said wenger needs to stop doing it i was not saying wenger was right at all. It was petty cant argue or defend aw for that anymore tbh.

This is why the players are why they are

Marc Overmars
03-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Thats why i said wenger needs to stop doing it i was not saying wenger was right at all. It was petty cant argue or defend aw for that anymore tbh.

This is why the players are why they are

Yeah, it was more about you saying you never saw Harry shake hands with all our staff. You're right there's no need for everyone to do it but I'd be annoyed if someone left me hanging.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-10-2011, 11:39 AM
He should reserve his annoyance for the players, rather that being petty with the opposition.

Thought we did OK yesterday in the 1st half, again we let ourselves down with basic errors but we're use to that now. Spurs were poor but IMO we really looked like we lacked quality, Coquelin was good though and that was one positive.

I hold no hope for the defence though, the midfield seems a little lightweight to me (Arteta and co were awful) and up front there's too much reliance on RVP.......in the last 10 mins we actually stuck Mertersacker up front, that sums it up for me because although the guy is tall he's not the best at directing headers and if we had any decent options he would never be there.We don't seem like a top side any more, something very lightweight about us these days. It's very worrying because even though I didn't reckon we'd get top 4 I thought we still better than we actually are at the moment.

Bit harsh on the lad how do yo expect him to play when he has not built up a cb Partnership since he has been here. He has been made to play with diffrent shite CB's alongside him. Why should he have to come in and arrange the defence of course he will look bad. Untill he has a better CB next to him he will look even.
worse. He is not the best defender and not the guy i wanted here but once he puts on that shirt ill back him in his 1st season.

As for us not looking like a top side simple were not. The manager knows it and so do the players. The Arshavins and the RVP's and the Theo's look like they can't be bothered to fight for the club. With our big players not up for it who will be.

But like you say even if we thumped Sunderland it show us nothing of how we finish.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Yeah, it was more about you saying you never saw Harry shake hands with all our staff. You're right there's no need for everyone to do it but I'd be annoyed if someone left me hanging.

True and like i said it was petty and should not be done, but after a defeat like that the 1st thing you wanna do is go down the tunnel fast. But like arry said if you want to shake hands do it like you mean it don't do it because you have to.

Letters
03-10-2011, 01:34 PM
But you always say we don't have a right to be top 4 so whats changed. we were never going to be there for ever where we, we all knew one day we'd be in the shit we just never thought it would be so soon

We don't have a right to be top 4 but we can't keep selling our best players without replacing them and expect to stay there.
What's changed is the stadium move was supposed to be the thing which kept us competitive but a serious lack of investment has seen us fail.
Wenger's done well to keep us top 4 IMO but there's only so many years you can sell your stars, replace them with kids and stay there.
It seems to me the players themselves have lost belief in Wenger, I don't think our squad is that bad but we're struggling because of a collective lack of belief. If they have lsot faith in Wenger then he needs to go.

Japan Shaking All Over
03-10-2011, 02:31 PM

I agree with you 100%. . . .but I do wonder if Allen would have wanted to shake hands had we won?

I have never seen Allen go to shake anyones hand after a match, and I watch most of the games on TV which tells me;

1) he was on the wind up or
2) he has geniune sympathy for Wenger, which our leader took the wrong way

I hope its a bit of #2 cos Allen seems an alright bloke, ex-Gooner for all of 24 hours

selassie
03-10-2011, 02:33 PM

I've no idea what the long term vision of the club is from both a commercially & technically/footballing point of view. This makes it very hard to pinpoint whether Arsene is safe in his job or not.

I'm at a loss to our transfer strategy and why we did what we did on the last few days, do the board really sanction Arsene to gamble with the squad in the way he does?

If i'm honest I think Arsene has completely lost his way, he's lost sight of what he should be doing with the team and doesn't even seem to have any kind of long term strategy....the same could be said of the board when discussing football matters.

At a guess I would expect Arsene to either resign or be told to resign if he started to lose the club money, I.E. no Top 4 for a number of seasons and no income from player sales.

Japan Shaking All Over
03-10-2011, 02:33 PM
We don't have a right to be top 4 but we can't keep selling our best players without replacing them and expect to stay there.
What's changed is the stadium move was supposed to be the thing which kept us competitive but a serious lack of investment has seen us fail.
Wenger's done well to keep us top 4 IMO but there's only so many years you can sell your stars, replace them with kids and stay there.
It seems to me the players themselves have lost belief in Wenger, I don't think our squad is that bad but we're struggling because of a collective lack of belief. If they have lsot faith in Wenger then he needs to go.

Good post. . . .

Ollie the Optimist
03-10-2011, 04:48 PM

Doesn't help himself does he, goes out of his way to be disliked by others, it's his own fault his team aren't up to the job after all, noone else's so maybe he should take some of this out on his players.

he hates clive allen, and clive allen hates him. by all accounts allen called him a cunt, would you shake his hand then? and why should he shake his hand. how many fucking hands does he have to shake before he can go. you can have a go at arsene for many things but this isnt one of them

Xhaka Can’t
03-10-2011, 04:53 PM
For all the shit he gets, when he is offered a hand he doesn't want to shake, he should punch the guy in the nose.

Starting with yesterday.

GP
03-10-2011, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't shake clive allen's hand, the slimy, dick faced cunt.

Ollie the Optimist
03-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Former Arsenal defender Martin Keown has hit back at Clive Allen’s claim that Arsene Wenger is ‘two bob’.
The pair clashed after the final whistle following Tottenham's 2-1 win over their north London rivals at White Hart Lane, with the Frenchman appearing to snub Allen’s approach after the match.
"He refused to shake my hand," the former Spurs striker said. "He says he didn't see me or hear me - but he's two bob he is, two bob."

A few times in the past, and I’ve been privy to it, he’s goaded Arsene Wenger, certainly in Martin Jol’s time [at Tottenham]

Martin Keown
But Keown claims the Spurs development coach was trying to goad Wenger and believes Allen should have known better.
“I think there’s a little bit of history with Clive Allen,” Keown said. “A few times in the past, and I’ve been privy to it, he’s goaded Arsene Wenger, certainly in Martin Jol’s time [at Tottenham].
“I think Wenger was just trying to avoid him really, feeling as he was after that game, and I think Clive was just trying to push the point.
“He wanted a bit of eye contact because he’s just won a game or just been part of the team that’s won a game. Clive should know better really.
“You’re looking for him to be above all that, let’s hope he is in the future.”

for zimm. hes goaded him before and is trying to do it again, look at the pictures of those two and you will see just pure aggression in allens face. would you shake hands with him like that? probs not, but you will use it to bash wenger cos thats what you love doing whatever he does

Cripps_orig
03-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Just seen the highlights on last nights MOTD

Our defending for the 2nd goal :lol:

Comical

Parker :bow:

Fucking awesome. How the fuck we didnt get him, il never know

Özim
03-10-2011, 05:16 PM
For all the shit he gets, when he is offered a hand he doesn't want to shake, he should punch the guy in the nose.

Starting with yesterday.
There seem to be a lot of people who's hands he doesn't want to shake or that he wants to argue with. How often does he get into some sort of petty scuffle or petty confrontation with other people, it's embarrassing to be honest and he does himself no favours.

Is is any surprise noone likes him with his morally superior stance and his childish actions? I don't think his behaviour has been very classy in recent years.

Özim
03-10-2011, 05:19 PM
for zimm. hes goaded him before and is trying to do it again, look at the pictures of those two and you will see just pure aggression in allens face. would you shake hands with him like that? probs not, but you will use it to bash wenger cos thats what you love doing whatever he does
Never Wenger's fault is it, that's the same problem he has with his team....it's never their fault.

Wenger is pompous and sanctimonious it's easy to dislike someone like that, take defeat like a man don't throw a hissy fit.

For the opposition beating Arsenal must feel really great because it's sticking two fingers up to at Wenger.

Xhaka Can’t
There seem to be a lot of people who's hands he doesn't want to shake or that he wants to argue with. How often does he get into some sort of petty scuffle or petty confrontation with other people, it's embarrassing to be honest and he does himself no favours.

Is is any surprise noone likes him with his morally superior stance and his childish actions? I don't think his behaviour has been very classy in recent years.

Your face hasn't been very classy in recent years.

GP
Sick burn

Ollie the Optimist
03-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Never Wenger's fault is it, that's the same problem he has with his team....it's never their fault.

Wenger is pompous and sanctimonious it's easy to dislike someone like that, take defeat like a man don't throw a hissy fit.

well this isnt, he was called a cunt and the man hunted him out to goad. have you seen the pictures of allen tryin to shake his hand? if you havnt look at them and then tell me whether you would shake his hand. if you dont want too then why should arsene?

how many people should he shake hands with? and why should he shake hands with people he doesnt like. what happens if arsene wins against eh scum next time and hunts out allen to shake his hand and he refuses? will you blame allen, no you will say wenger was being a bad winner. you always blame wenger for everything, he is to blame for state of team etc, but not for not shaking some cunts hand

Cripps_orig
03-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Im not a Wenger fan but he shook Harrys and whoever his assistant is hands

He did nothing wrong.

Clive Allen wants to be in the headlines hence all this shite

Master Splinter
03-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Clive Allen is a small-time gimp whose greatest glory will be that he was embroiled in a non-row with Arsene Wenger, just like all the other little turds who've tried and failed to escape their lifetime of mediocrity by pulling the same stunt.

Cripps_orig
03-10-2011, 05:57 PM

It already is or it should be

IBK
04-10-2011, 10:07 AM

This is the real question. And the doomsday scenario. And I agree with you.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-10-2011, 11:56 AM

For the opposition beating Arsenal must feel really great because it's sticking two fingers up to at Wenger.

Lets be real now even if you hate wneger it was obvious allen was being a cunt tbh. Even Keown said it, even arry had no problem with it even spuds fans never gave a shite and told allen to grow up.

Xhaka Can’t
04-10-2011, 12:03 PM
even spuds fans never gave a shite and told allen to grow up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb0ACc8wCcU

Özim
04-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Lets be real now even if you hate wneger it was obvious allen was being a cunt tbh. Even Keown said it, even arry had no problem with it even spuds fans never gave a shite and told allen to grow up.
Maybe Allen was being an idiot, the point is this isn't the 1st time, 2nd time or even 3rd time with Wenger.....he seems to get into childish altercations fairly reguarly.....he's the common denominator in most of these scuffles etc.

It's fine for him to hate losing (though winning doesn't seem all that important to him let's be honest), but as I said before take defeat on the chin and shake hands after the match don't cause feuds left right and centre and make us even more hated than we are..

It does seem to happen to him more than anyone else it seems, I could understand it more if he was a real winner and winning was the be all and end all, but it clearly isn't....finances and getting 4th place is.

Many of his own fans now dislike Wenger, are you surprised opposition fans and staff also do especially when he acts as he does?

Letters
04-10-2011, 03:00 PM
though winning doesn't seem all that important to him let's be honest

Yes, looking at the way he reacts to our results of late you can see he's just not fussed.
You can accuse Wenger of many things but not caring isn't one of them.

Özim
04-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Yes, looking at the way he reacts to our results of late you can see he's just not fussed.
You can accuse Wenger of many things but not caring isn't one of them.
You say that but he sells his best players without having anyone lined-up, refuses to solve problem areas every man and his dog know about, after 6 years he stil won't acknowledge project youth has failed and that he has to take another route and he's always harping on about how 4th is great....we're unlucky etc etc....

Winners don't make excuses, they make changes.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Maybe Allen was being an idiot, the point is this isn't the 1st time, 2nd time or even 3rd time with Wenger.....he seems to get into childish altercations fairly reguarly.....he's the common denominator in most of these scuffles etc.

It's fine for him to hate losing (though winning doesn't seem all that important to him let's be honest), but as I said before take defeat on the chin and shake hands after the match don't cause feuds left right and centre and make us even more hated than we are..

It does seem to happen to him more than anyone else it seems, I could understand it more if he was a real winner and winning was the be all and end all, but it clearly isn't....finances and getting 4th place is.

Many of his own fans now dislike Wenger, are you surprised opposition fans and staff also do especially when he acts as he does?

don't give a shite personally and i doubt he does either. Not saying what he does is right, but with you its dammed if he does and dammed if he does not.

Just because he says he'd rather finish 4th the win something don't means he means it or believes it. im sure he a winner in his own way.and im sure he wants to win things it would be stupid to think if we won the CC last season he'd be pissed off.

No one knows whats in his head

Olivier's xmas twist
04-10-2011, 06:22 PM
You say that but he sells his best players without having anyone lined-up, refuses to solve problem areas every man and his dog know about, after 6 years he stil won't acknowledge project youth has failed and that he has to take another route and he's always harping on about how 4th is great....we're unlucky etc etc....

He did have players lined up and said as much but he did not act on them that was the problem. if if we spent loads who to say we would still not have finshed 4th.

IBK
04-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Could it just be that AW's lost his nerve. Fabregas killed him. Once you start doubting yourself....

Özim
04-10-2011, 08:37 PM
He did have players lined up and said as much but he did not act on them that was the problem. if if we spent loads who to say we would still not have finshed 4th.
Not really, all I see is panic buys and failed bids.

He could have setup the transfers before the players left, everyone knew they were on their way.....he's been shite at planning for the last 6 years.

Özim
04-10-2011, 08:39 PM
don't give a shite personally and i doubt he does either. Not saying what he does is right, but with you its dammed if he does and dammed if he does not.

Just because he says he'd rather finish 4th the win something don't means he means it or believes it. im sure he a winner in his own way.and im sure he wants to win things it would be stupid to think if we won the CC last season he'd be pissed off.

No one knows whats in his head
Winners don't do what he does I'm afraid, they give 100% to achieve success, from what I can see he's more interested in principles and youth projects.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Not really, all I see is panic buys and failed bids.

He could have setup the transfers before the players left, everyone knew they were on their way.....he's been shite at planning for the last 6 years.

Not talking about them, he lined up Benzema and said he wanted him made it clear, he wanted Cahil and Hanzard but was too fcused on fab to get them. and mata too. he had targets just was too late to act on them and panic bought

Özim
04-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Not talking about them, he lined up Benzema and said he wanted him made it clear, he wanted Cahil and Hanzard but was too fcused on fab to get them. and mata too. he had targets just was too late to act on them and panic bought
He never had Benzema lined up, he never bid for him and was never going to get him...that was just a rumour.

Hazard again was nonsense, no bid for him and he wasn't for sale, his club said as much.

Cahill yes, but he was too cheap, if he wanted to he could have signed him way earlier.

As for the other targets, it's the usual bid too low so we don't get them but make the fans think we were after them sh*t we see every season, jokers!

Olivier's xmas twist
04-10-2011, 08:51 PM
He never had Benzema lined up, he never bid for him and was never going to get him...that was just a rumour.

Hazard again was nonsense, no bid for him and he wasn't for sale, his club said as much.

Cahill yes, but he was too cheap, if he wanted to he could have signed him way earlier.

he did line benzema up but he said he wnated to stay at real like hazard too he was coming then changed his mind as reports in france say. Lille did not want to lose their best too players.

end of the days Aw's mind was on Cesc which was a mistake but then should not Gazidas who's job it was to get players in being doing that why did he not.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Winners don't do what he does I'm afraid, they give 100% to achieve success, from what I can see he's more interested in principles and youth projects.

whats to say what a winner is to the board he is a winner because of the money he is making and how he has transformed the club. maybe to you he is not because he has not met your expexctations.

Özim
04-10-2011, 08:59 PM
he did line benzema up but he said he wnated to stay at real like hazard too he was coming then changed his mind as reports in france say. Lille did not want to lose their best too players.

end of the days Aw's mind was on Cesc which was a mistake but then should not Gazidas who's job it was to get players in being doing that why did he not.
Sorry but that's simply not true, these were just rumours....Lille said categorically Hazard was untransferable so he was never coming, Benzema we couldn't afford, didn't bid for and were only weakly linked with.

We all knew Cesc and Nasri were going (though Wenger wanted to keep hold of the latter and lost 20 million which made no sense), thing is though we could have done our business much earlier. Gazidiz (Wenger's puppet) basically said Wenger was right about the "waiting period", what a crock a sh*t if we wanted players we could have bid for them, we didn't and were too cheap for the quality ones in the end so ended up with panic buys (it seems some of it was wasted money that we could have used to sign players that could make a difference and be around for a few years).

Gazidis has been awful frankly, the guy seems to sit on his arse, pick up his paycheck and repeat Wenger's words like a broken record, in that long interview recently he sounded just like Wenger with a different accent and slightly better grasp of English, he's a marketing muppet tbh.

Özim
04-10-2011, 09:00 PM
whats to say what a winner is to the board he is a winner because of the money he is making and how he has transformed the club. maybe to you he is not because he has not met your expexctations.
A winner by definition is someone who win's, I guess someone who does everything they can to win is also a winner...what the board think is a winner is irrelevant because that's not what it is.

In football a winner is someone who picks up trophies and doesn't accept 2nd place, what the board expect doesn't matter because a top manager is interested in one thing only and that's winning, finances are the accountants job.

Therefore in the true sense Wenger is a loser because he is happy to accept 2nd, 3rd...4th place and hail it as a trophy.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-10-2011, 09:07 PM
A winner by definition is someone who win's, I guess someone who does everything they can to win is also a winner...what the board think is a winner is irrelevant because that's not what it is.

In football a winner is someone who picks up trophies and doesn't accept 2nd place, what the board expect doesn't matter because a top manager is interested in one thing only and that's winning, finances are the accountants job.

Therefore in the true sense Wenger is a loser because he is happy to accept 2nd, 3rd...4th place and hail it as a trophy.

well then 80% of fans must be loosers because they have been happy to accept 4th for the pat 6 seasons

Olivier's xmas twist
04-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Sorry but that's simply not true, these were just rumours....Lille said categorically Hazard was untransferable so he was never coming, Benzema we couldn't afford, didn't bid for and were only weakly linked with.

We all knew Cesc and Nasri were going (though Wenger wanted to keep hold of the latter and lost 20 million which made no sense), thing is though we could have done our business much earlier. Gazidiz (Wenger's puppet) basically said Wenger was right about the "waiting period", what a crock a sh*t if we wanted players we could have bid for them, we didn't and were too cheap for the quality ones in the end so ended up with panic buys (it seems some of it was wasted money that we could have used to sign players that could make a difference and be around for a few years).

Gazidis has been awful frankly, the guy seems to sit on his arse, pick up his paycheck and repeat Wenger's words like a broken record, in that long interview recently he sounded just like Wenger with a different accent and slightly better grasp of English, he's a marketing muppet tbh.

End of the day we can't really coment on what happend or what was said as none os us was there. But i agee in reality it looks bad and something better should be done.

Personally even with cesc and Nasri etc we still would not have won the title imo though we would have challanged. In not going to jugde the manager on him being a puppet for the board. like they say Judge him on what he has won recently and its not alot so i can understand your frustation and anger. But as long as the fans are still paying to go they must be happy

Özim
04-10-2011, 09:15 PM
well then 80% of fans must be loosers because they have been happy to accept 4th for the pat 6 seasons
Fans aren't winners or losers, they have no control over the team.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Fans aren't winners or losers, they have no control over the team.

i Agree fans should be happy where their team finishes but surely they'd want to be winners. Fans are winners as most get upset when their team looses a big game imo.

Ollie the Optimist
04-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Not really, all I see is doom and gloom and nothing good about arsenal in any way shape or form, i never have and never will

just corrected that

Master Splinter
04-10-2011, 09:36 PM

Letters
04-10-2011, 10:28 PM

He clearly didn't want to sell his best players. It's ludicrous if you're suggesting that he sold them 'cos he just doesn't care how we do any more. The summer was a massive balls up. Wenger said he could write a book about what's gone on and I'd love to read it because I really have no idea what is going on at the club right now.

But anyway, back to the point - one look at how he reacts to how we're doing and you can't seriously say he doesn't care. You've said over and over to judge him on his actions not his words - looking at how he acts during games he's clearly someone who cares. I no longer think's able to do anything about our predicament but it's not because he's not bothered.

Özim
04-10-2011, 10:33 PM
He clearly didn't want to sell his best players. It's ludicrous if you're suggesting that he sold them 'cos he just doesn't care how we do any more. The summer was a massive balls up. Wenger said he could write a book about what's gone on and I'd love to read it because I really have no idea what is going on at the club right now.

But anyway, back to the point - one look at how he reacts to how we're doing and you can't seriously say he doesn't care. You've said over and over to judge him on his actions not his words - looking at how he acts during games he's clearly someone who cares. I no longer think's able to do anything about our predicament but it's not because he's not bothered.
I never said he doesn't care, just that he's not a winner. I'm sure he loves winning, thing is he has ideals and principles which to him are more important.

Look at the likes of Ferguson, Mourinho, Del Bosque, Lippi for them it's about winning first..sometimes it might mean crossing the line but winning is in their blood.

With Wenger you just don't get the feeling it is, he's not won anything for 6 years and yet really hasn't changed much.

PGFC
04-10-2011, 10:54 PM
:d