PDA

View Full Version : Arsene's replacement

Flavs
03-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Ok so seriously who and why? I know there is one of these threads but it's littered with stupid suggestions. I want to know who you would put in charge and why, what do you think they could bring and how would they improve us?

ta

Olivier's xmas twist
03-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Ok so seriously who and why? I know there is one of these threads but it's littered with stupid suggestions. I want to know who you would put in charge and why, what do you think they could bring and how would they improve us?

ta

Fantasy would be Pep Gardioual obviously.

Realistically it take Sven Goran Erickson , Just think he is a good motivator, good tactian and somone the players would love tbh. If not Sven then Carlo Ancelotti tbh. One of the best mangers in the world would make the defence look much much better.

Marc Overmars
03-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Sven. :lol:

Someone like Rafa or Ancelotti would be fine with me. They'd focus on strengthening the core of the side and making us harder to beat, They'd probably need money for some marquee signings but you've got to back a new manager so he can do things his way.

Pep would be good as well but obviously his job at Barca is pretty cushy compared to what he'd experience here. I'd like to see though if he could implement Barca's style of pressing on another team. If he could do that with us we could be very effective with our attacking options.

Ralpheroo72
03-10-2011, 12:03 PM
A traffic cone could do better. Just dont understand the clubs thinking, since we went the season unbeaten?

Would a replacement be backed in the transfer market? Would they be subjected to the whole 'self sustaining' bullshit?

Özim
03-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Hitzfeld or Van Gaal to name but two.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Hitzfeld or Van Gaal to name but two.

Like this van Gaal is Free what about Hitzfed whats he upto how hard would it be go get him. would he be a long term or short term soloution ?

Özim
03-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Like this van Gaal is Free what about Hitzfed whats he upto how hard would it be go get him. would he be a long term or short term soloution ?
Hitzfeld manages Switzerland, they were pretty good against England.

Flavs
03-10-2011, 12:31 PM
There are 2 lines of thinking here, the one that thinks we should get "X" in because of a, b and C and then the other that thinks Wenger's ghost lives on and we would get in whomever he says we should.

For me i would go for an up and coming rather than an old head just because i think the club needs reinvigorating by someone with energy and verve, pizazz is needed not more dust IMO. Martinez I would like, a classy guy who plays nice footie and has done well considering the shower of shite he has at Wigan. Moyes i would love but i think a lot of players would want out due to the way he works his players, Lambert is also impressing me massively with Norwich.

Its more likely to be Remi Garde though, maybe a Henry/Bergkamp team even. Who knows with our board.

Power n Glory
03-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Ancelotti.

Champions League winner, Serie A and Premier League winner.

Doesn't need millions to get the best out of players, we saw that with Chelsea and with Milan to an extent.

Plus I want to see how his 4-4-2 diamond would work for us. He forms close bonds with his players and the respect would be there instantly from the players because he knows what he's talking about and has done it at the highest level. He's available now and I'm sure he'd jump at the opportunity to work for a club that isn't run by some mad dictator.

Syn
03-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Jurgen Klopp or Luciano Spalletti.

The German would be ideal because he is of the master race. Both are young, are getting results with their respective clubs and get their teams to play great football.

Flavs
03-10-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm sure he'd jump at the opportunity to work for a club that isn't run by some mad dictator.

Assuming Wenger leaves and doesn't move upstairs....

Joker
03-10-2011, 12:41 PM
I think Jurgen Klopp would be ideal tbh.

Boss
03-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Jurgen Klopp or David Moyes.

KESSLER
03-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Joachim Low

Power n Glory
03-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Assuming Wenger leaves and doesn't move upstairs....

He'll be offered the position, but he won't take it.

His heart is in coaching and development.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Ancelotti.

Champions League winner, Serie A and Premier League winner.

Doesn't need millions to get the best out of players, we saw that with Chelsea and with Milan to an extent.

Plus I want to see how his 4-4-2 diamond would work for us. He forms close bonds with his players and the respect would be there instantly from the players because he knows what he's talking about and has done it at the highest level. He's available now and I'm sure he'd jump at the opportunity to work for a club that isn't run by some mad dictator.

Im sold, but im sure he'll be snacthed up by the time Wenger leaves tbh. can see him going back to Italy tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-10-2011, 12:55 PM
I think Jurgen Klopp would be ideal tbh.

Nah Gaudiola would be Ideal not sure about Klopp he is stuggling with dortmund in their league this season even though he has done wonders with them last season.

Daniele
03-10-2011, 01:03 PM
AW's substitute will come from one of the following managers:

Dragan Stojkovic
Rémi Garde
Claude Puel

selassie
03-10-2011, 02:35 PM
AW's substitute will come from one of the following managers:

Dragan Stojkovic
Rémi Garde
Claude Puel

I would absolutely hate Arsene to have any say in any new manager, in fact when he leaves I want him totally gone from the club, not staying on as some kind of Director Of Football or Technical Advisor with the ability to handpick our next manager.

selassie
03-10-2011, 02:37 PM
I actually think that we're in such bad shape that we need a experienced manager such as Van Gaal, Hitzfield or Ancelotti to steady the ship.

IMHO At present the role would be too big for any highly rated up & coming manager such as Klopp or Moyes as so much work needs to be done with the squad from a personnel & tactical point of view.

Xhaka Can’t
03-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Harry Redknapp.

GP
03-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Roy Walker

Xhaka Can’t
03-10-2011, 04:54 PM
It's good, but it's not right.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has revealed his desire to return to Premier League management after expressing his admiration for Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Italian was sacked by the Blues at the end of his second season last May despite claiming a domestic double in his first year at Stamford Bridge.

The 52-year-old says he is in no rush to get back into coaching and insists he would only consider coming back to England for a top club.

Speaking to La Repubblica, Ancelotti said: "For a coach, this is the ideal country. But I would only consider top clubs, including Tottenham and Liverpool.

"It's evident that (Arsenal manager Arsene) Wenger's bench is wobbling and that in several months' time, an English coach will be appointed to replace (England manager Fabio) Capello in the national team, which will free up a place in a club."I am in no hurry, I promise.

"The fact I'm not coaching does not cause me anguish. In fact, I am enjoying life."

Ancelotti also spoke of his "love" for Ferguson after praising the way the Manchester United manager brings through young players.

He added: "As time goes on, the more I fall in love with Ferguson.

"As a coach, he is unusual. It's not as if he guides the training sessions because he delegates a lot and has an excellent staff.

"But he understands football like few do.

"With him, all the players improve. He has no fear of introducing youngsters.

"United play a European style of football, a modern style.

"But above all, Ferguson is a great person and he is humble."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7220237,00.html

Cripps_orig
03-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Sack Wenger now and get Ancelotti in before hes taken somewhere else

Ollie the Optimist
03-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Sack Wenger now and get Ancelotti in before hes taken somewhere else

not sure where i stand on him, yes he won the double in his first season, but last season he went through a massive run where they couldnt win. even we thrashed them :lol:
one great season v one medioce season. jury out in premier league for me

Cripps_orig
03-10-2011, 05:09 PM
not sure where i stand on him, yes he won the double in his first season, but last season he went through a massive run where they couldnt win. even we thrashed them :lol:

Better than Wenger

Get him in

Master Splinter
03-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Better than Wenger

Get him in

But so is everyone here apparently :shrug:.

Let's just pick someone off the members list tbh.

Cripps_orig
03-10-2011, 06:01 PM
But so is everyone here apparently :shrug:.

Let's just pick someone off the members list tbh.

:gp:

I pick Affopyigedigo

Syn
03-10-2011, 06:15 PM
You joke, but if I'm being deadly serious - I could do a better job than Wenger. Where was that article JF (JF :bow: ) posted in the old forum about managers effectively being figureheads - white, full head of hair, 50+, charismatic...now, I'll admit, I am none of those things....but I'd lay out a bunch of threats and my threats would be credible. Because I'd be the fucking manager.

Vote Syn imho.

Master Splinter
03-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Only if you promise to send them out to maim against Stoke, Barcelona and Citeh.

And maim well.

Syn
03-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Ok, fine. We'll call that plan B.

Incidently, plan A is: go to plan B.

Xhaka Can’t
03-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Ok, fine. We'll call that plan B.

Incidently, plan A is: go to plan B.

That makes Plan B Plan A.

You have no Plan B.

Master Splinter
03-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Syn out.

Syn
03-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Syn out.

We'll call that plan C

Power n Glory
03-10-2011, 07:04 PM

But he's also won Serie A and the Champions League twice.

Cripps_orig
03-10-2011, 07:06 PM
But he's also won Serie A and the Champions League twice.

Thats why he specifically mentioned in the premier league :lol:

So he thinks we couldnt use that

Daniele
03-10-2011, 07:31 PM
I would absolutely hate Arsene to have any say in any new manager, in fact when he leaves I want him totally gone from the club, not staying on as some kind of Director Of Football or Technical Advisor with the ability to handpick our next manager.

he will choose someone he likes and whose football thinking follows his. Dragan Stojkovic odds-on favourite

fakeyank
03-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Bilic or Moyes

Grebbo
04-10-2011, 04:19 AM
It'll have to be someone who's happy to spend no money, that rules out anyone good eg Ancelotti etc

May as well give it to Bergkamp. Legend and nice guy. The glory days are long gone and are never coming back so we may as well have some stylish football and a likeable manager.

Grebbo
04-10-2011, 04:20 AM
Moyes

Have you watched much of Everton? Yeah we're shit but up until this season we were still decent to watch without being great to watch.

Everton though....

Japan Shaking All Over
04-10-2011, 05:26 AM
Moyes for me as it would be a shot in the arm, up the arse or wherever you want that we need.

I think Moyes would take us back to the basics of playing football, I think Ancelloti would be a welcome manager and I would like to see what he could do with us but can we get him?

In a way by going after him we are maybe disillusioning ourselves that we are a force and that we have the players to run rings around the likes of Real etc
I think with Ancelloti we may unfairly expect miracles to be woven, Moyes would be considered more steady and thus a piece of a rebuilding process. . . .there again Im not sure Ancelloti comes across as very lwvel headed
I like both and would be happy with either.

fakeyank
04-10-2011, 07:12 AM
Have you watched much of Everton? Yeah we're shit but up until 2008 we were still decent to watch without being great to watch.

Everton though....

There.. corrected your little mistake.

What Moyes is doing with no money at all is miraculous. He commands the respect of the players and they give every last ounce of blood for him. The Arsenal players could give a fuck less about winning or losing... they just look at the team as a stepping stone to Madrid, Barca, City etc. With the skillful players we have, Moyes can make the players play a fast flowing game.. at least he will try and have players playing in their natural positions and in a formation that will take out the best out of them and you can be dead sure, we will practice defending... in fact, why Moyes, any random donkey on the street would do these.. what Moyes would bring is the need to play for the team and to not play with a handbrake.

Flavs
04-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Was thinking about this last night, the factor that hasn't been mentioned much is our none footballing board. Guys like Kroenke and Usmanov, PHW and Gazidis arent exactly football people are they, none had playing careers and none has thus far showed a great interest in well, anything on the pitch. So its unlikely they would appoint anyone good. They would probably want someone like Wenger who doesn't make waves, makes money and keeps us there or thereabouts without over committing and making us solid financially.

Someone who is good with the media, recognizable but not necessarily liked, is available and has a great smile

Tony Blair :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
04-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Drugs are bad.

KSE Comedy Club
04-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Was thinking about this last night, the factor that hasn't been mentioned much is our none footballing board. Guys like Kroenke and Usmanov, PHW and Gazidis arent exactly football people are they, none had playing careers and none has thus far showed a great interest in well, anything on the pitch. So its unlikely they would appoint anyone good. They would probably want someone like Wenger who doesn't make waves, makes money and keeps us there or thereabouts without over committing and making us solid financially.

Someone who is good with the media, recognizable but not necessarily liked, is available and has a great smile

Tony Blair :bow:Kronke yes.

But Usmanov isnt allowed anywhere near the board so you cant level any of that at him.

Power n Glory
04-10-2011, 08:12 AM
It'll have to be someone who's happy to spend no money, that rules out anyone good eg Ancelotti etc

May as well give it to Bergkamp. Legend and nice guy. The glory days are long gone and are never coming back so we may as well have some stylish football and a likeable manager.

Ancelotti didn't spend that much money while at Chelsea.

Flavs
04-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Kronke yes.

But Usmanov isnt allowed anywhere near the board so you cant level any of that at him.

I know, i asked this yesterday, who represents him on the board? Dein isn't there and he is his bum chum so who his Ivan Gazidis?

fakeyank
06-10-2011, 06:14 PM
http://www.rediff.com/sports/report/everton-manager-david-moyes-is-best-premier-league-boss-says-study/20111006.htm

More reason why Moyes should replace AW

Power n Glory
06-10-2011, 07:22 PM
http://www.rediff.com/sports/report/everton-manager-david-moyes-is-best-premier-league-boss-says-study/20111006.htm

More reason why Moyes should replace AW

It would show a serious lack of ambition if we signed him after Wenger. It's a step backwards and we should be aiming higher.

Ollie the Optimist
06-10-2011, 07:33 PM
It would show a serious lack of ambition if we signed him after Wenger. It's a step backwards and we should be aiming higher.

i disagree, i hear lots of talk of him being lined up to replace fergie when he finally goes. i dont think united see that as a backwards step.

one thing with moyes, he knows how to get results. he has fuck all money, signs no one but is always in the top ten. his teams fight to the end and never give up. they play for each other and the club. he would be a great manager for us as i think he would get us winning again and winning with pride

fakeyank
06-10-2011, 07:40 PM

Well when we signed Wenger, it looked like a step backward but he had ambition and I am sure Moyes has a lot of ambition. The kind of stuff he is doing with the squad he has is a miracle. He could do wonders with our squad and a little bit of money (which we seem to have).

Getting anybody else in realistically means getting someone like Ancelotte, Riijkaard etc who would love to spend on top name players. Under the current scenario, we cant attract those talents and even in the rare case we do, we would not spend those 'exorbiant' amount on players!

Power n Glory
06-10-2011, 07:44 PM
i disagree, i hear lots of talk of him being lined up to replace fergie when he finally goes. i dont think united see that as a backwards step.

one thing with moyes, he knows how to get results. he has fuck all money, signs no one but is always in the top ten. his teams fight to the end and never give up. they play for each other and the club. he would be a great manager for us as i think he would get us winning again and winning with pride

A lot of talk linking him to Man U but it's not going to happen. He has no European experience, hasn't won a domestic cup and it's not as if his team is always pulling out results against us or the other big clubs. Plus, we're in a very different position compared to United. They can go out and buy whoever they want and we don't have that luxury. If our main purpose is to float around the top four, then snap him up. But we've got to dream bigger than that.

Cripps_orig
06-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Hopefully it wont be Steve Bould

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/gibbs-i-owe-bould-a-lot-for-my-development

After seeing how Gibbs has turned out, Bould is a Must Not Get

Ollie the Optimist
06-10-2011, 07:47 PM
A lot of talk linking him to Man U but it's not going to happen. He has no European experience, hasn't won a domestic cup and it's not as if his team is always pulling out results against us or the other big clubs. Plus, we're in a very different position compared to United. They can go out and buy whoever they want and we don't have that luxury. If our main purpose is to float around the top four, then snap him up. But we've got to dream bigger than that.

well thats wrong, his teams often cause problems for the big clubs, we've struggled there, united havnt won there for a while i dont think, chelsea havnt and nor have scum. liverpool struggled recently against them too.

Ollie the Optimist
06-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Hopefully it wont be Steve Bould

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/gibbs-i-owe-bould-a-lot-for-my-development

After seeing how Gibbs has turned out, Bould is a Must Not Get

he also produced Chesney. Bould is a must get

Olivier's xmas twist
06-10-2011, 07:48 PM

So who'd you suggest that would come in and be happy with the boards conditions and vice versa.

Cripps_orig
06-10-2011, 07:50 PM
he also produced Chesney. Bould is a must getA player who wants to leave for Barca?

Bould is Wenger lite

Marc Overmars
06-10-2011, 07:52 PM
I'd be cool with Moyes.

I'm certainly not expecting an instant turn around when the time comes for Wenger to go, it's about taking a gamble. No one knew who Arsene Wenger was in 1996, so I'm not going to judge a manager on their CV alone. It's about their personality as well and to me Moyes seems like a very demanding manager, old school if you like. It's the sort of discipline I think has deserted our club and it's about time we went back to basics.

Whoever replaces Wenger will divide opinion no doubt about it.

Cripps_orig
06-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Yes Ssamdnasny never said he wanted to join Barca

“I can’t declare that I will spend my entire career here, but if I leave I will have a very important reason or I will go to Barcelona.”

:coffee:

Ollie the Optimist
06-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Yes Ssamdnasny never said he wanted to join Barca

:coffee:

so you are going to hate cos he said he might join barcelona one day. you just ignoring the fact that he plays with pride and passion for this club and is currently the best keeper in the premier league? good one

Power n Glory
06-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Well when we signed Wenger, it looked like a step backward but he had ambition and I am sure Moyes has a lot of ambition. The kind of stuff he is doing with the squad he has is a miracle. He could do wonders with our squad and a little bit of money (which we seem to have).

Getting anybody else in realistically means getting someone like Ancelotte, Riijkaard etc who would love to spend on top name players. Under the current scenario, we cant attract those talents and even in the rare case we do, we would not spend those 'exorbiant' amount on players!

What sort of football do you imagine us playing under Moyes? We bring him in and that youth academy goes to waste. Wenger had actually won Championships before joining us and was wanted by the French National team and Bayern Munich. All this talk of Moyes working miracles....that might be his level. He should have moved on to a bigger club by now.

I'd much rather take a chance on someone like Bould or Bergkamp to takeover. Moyes has a different philosophy on football and with someone like Bould or Bergkamp, we'd keep the Arsenal total philosophy football intact. I don't want someone coming in and ripping up everything Wenger has built over the years. Moyes doesn't have that Total Football vision and we should be a club that strives to keep our style of play like how Barca have kept that Total football philosophy from Cryuff, Riikkaard and Pep.

Wenger system is old but we need someone to come in and evolve it like how Cryuff did when he managed Barca and like what Pep is doing now. Forget Moyes.

Cripps_orig
06-10-2011, 07:59 PM
so you are going to hate cos he said he might join barcelona one day. you just ignoring the fact that he plays with pride and passion for this club and is currently the best keeper in the premier league? good one

:haha:

And you call me (GB. edit: what he called you has been stricken from the record)?

I repeat :haha:

That is all.

Ollie the Optimist
06-10-2011, 08:00 PM

And you call me a?

I repeat :haha:

That is all.

hows that favourite of yours doing. you know that de gea bloke who say is better then chesney. he looks a dam fine keeper sitting on that bench to me

Power n Glory
06-10-2011, 08:04 PM
So who'd you suggest that would come in and be happy with the boards conditions and vice versa.

Ancelotti had to work under extreme conditions with Chelsea. Won the title without spending a bucket load, that was Mourinho's old team.

But my knowledge is limited. There are plenty of young, smart and intelligent coaches around the world but we're only looking at what's in the Prem. Also, we don't need a coach that is going to look for direction from the Board. Wenger had a philosophy and vision. The Board listened and backed him up. If they were that tight they wouldn't have agreed to the training camp and stadium move. When Wenger goes, we need someone that is thinking about the next level.

fakeyank
06-10-2011, 08:33 PM
A player who wants to leave for Barca?

Bould is Wenger lite

Just like how we are Barca lite. Match made in heaven if you ask me..

Cripps_orig
06-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Just like how we are Barca lite. Match made in heaven if you ask me..

If you mean in terms of how our players want to go there and we both play boring ass football then yeah.

If you mean in terms of playing boring ass football effectively then we dont as they are successful with it

Master Splinter
06-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Steve Bould WUMming now?

Ach :bow:.

fakeyank
06-10-2011, 09:49 PM
If you mean in terms of how our players want to go there and we both play boring ass football then yeah.

If you mean in terms of playing boring ass football effectively then we dont as they are successful with it

We are Barca lite because we try to emulate their brilliant football and fail miserably! I hate Barca but I just do not understand how you can call them boring ass... they are just phenomenal!

Xhaka Can’t
06-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Barca are made to look 10x as wonderful as they are because the referrees won't let anyone near their bitch ass players.

fakeyank
06-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Barca are made to look 10x as wonderful as they are because the referrees won't let anyone near their bitch ass players.

Well lets say referees and their decisions make up 20% of Barca's game but there is still 80% of their own play and that in itself is brilliant!

Cripps_orig
06-10-2011, 10:08 PM
What GB said. Will never forget the game at the gay camp 2 years ago, the one where Messi fluked 4 goals, back when it was still 0-0 or maybe 1-0 to us, Denilson made a terrific challenge on Messi who went down holding his face screaming in pain and the ref was going to let play go on but he looked up to Barcas directors box, saw Wenger there bending over so the ref stood on tiptoes to look over Wenger and he saw Laporta who gave a quick nod and the ref called a foul and Denilson was booked. Our players were too scared to tackle the cunt after that. Also most of Barcas play is around the middle third where Xavcunt and Inicuntiesta just pass to each other 50 odd times. Pretty boring tbh

Master Splinter
07-10-2011, 12:53 AM
:lol:

5/10.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-10-2011, 01:58 PM

Totally agree as good as barca are, imo their football was more exciting under Rijkard tbh, it was more fast and flowing. and the combination of Eto/Mess and Ronaldinho was the best ever. their attack is not as good today. and these days the Refs protect them too much but any manager complains gets banned ala Wenger/Jose m

Flavs
07-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Well lets say referees and their decisions make up 20% of Barca's game but there is still 80% of their own play and that in itself is brilliant!

Well another 25% of it is the blatant cheating and play acting and general cuntishness of them. As i say to my oldest son, if they were that good they wouldn't need to cheat.

Also Pique is clearly a fag and isn't fooling anyone

bignev
08-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Ancelloti should be Wenger's replacement. Currently out of work and wants to stay in England. Perfect for us.

Coney
09-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Fantasy would be Pep Gardioual obviously.

Realistically it take Sven Goran Erickson , Just think he is a good motivator, good tactian and somone the players would love tbh. If not Sven then Carlo Ancelotti tbh. One of the best mangers in the world would make the defence look much much better.

The England players might disagree. Apparently his half-time talk when we were 1-1 to Brasil when he was manager was uninspiring crap.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-10-2011, 12:36 PM
The England players might disagree. Apparently his half-time talk when we were 1-1 to Brasil when he was manager was uninspiring crap.

Thats because he was never an international manager tbh. I know it should not make a diffrence. he inspired Beckham alot did he not. it was just a suggestion. i think Carlo would be my no 1 choice anyways

Cripps_orig
09-10-2011, 12:40 PM
If you need to be inspired in a WC quarter Final against Brazil then you dont belong on a pitch

Sven was excellent for England considering the crap he had available

Coney
09-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Thats because he was never an international manager tbh. I know it should not make a diffrence. he inspired Beckham alot did he not. it was just a suggestion. i think Carlo would be my no 1 choice anyways

I agree about Sven. He would put players in positions different from their club positions. Now if you want to change a player from one position to another, it is one thing doing that with a club where you are playing them in the team, week in, week out, giving them time to adjust to the requirements. However at international level, there is just not the time. Owen Hargreaves was a good example. He kept playing him on the wing and he was no good. Once he moved him to defensive midfield, something he did all the time at Bayern, he shone. International managers need primarily to be player motivators. If you put a player in the same position he plays every week, he knows what to do with practically no instruction. The manager can concentrate on what the opposition weaknesses are and giving the big national speech - which, btw, is why I think the England manager should be English. I see on the rumour mill that people are taking about Wenger taking over from Capello. Clearly they don't listen as Wenger has said the England manager should be English. He once said (if he was made England manager) "if the opposition is France, who's anthem do I sing"? Clearly, if he does manage a national side, it will be France.

Coney
09-10-2011, 06:15 PM
If you need to be inspired in a WC quarter Final against Brazil then you dont belong on a pitch

Sven was excellent for England considering the crap he had available

I can't agree. There were a lot of good England players - just the 'team' effect was missing.

Cripps_orig
09-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Sven was a very good club manager and led an unfancied Gothenburg side to UEFA Cup success so i have no doubt he can lift the players when needed but when the players involved are prima donnas who dont give a fuck about their country then what can Sven do?

Not his fault Beckham pulled out of a challenge which led to Brazils first and of course we all know what happened with the winner. A fluke.

Cappello is in the same boat. No one can argue what a good manager he is but the players just arent that good. Hopefully Wenger has a go after Euro 2012...

Cripps_orig
09-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Arsene Wenger will nominate his successor when he decides to quit as Arsenal manager.

He has seen his team endure their worst start to a *Premier League season as they *languish in 15th *position – after six trophy-less years.

Yet during international week, various figures in *football – including former national boss Sven Goran Eriksson – have suggested Wenger would make the *perfect *England manager.

Fabio Capello’s job will *become *vacant next summer after Euro 2012.

But Wenger’s contract at the Emirates doesn’t run out until June 2014 – and he has never *broken a *contract in his *career.

So, it would require an *official approach from the FA to speak to Wenger for *Arsenal to even consider *releasing him. But the *feeling inside the club is that he will turn down any offer while still under *contract.

Instead, Arsenal are *expecting a huge input from Wenger when it comes to *finding the right man to step into the shoes of the club’s most successful manager.

Wenger’s influence *during his 15 years in charge of the Gunners has been *unprecedented – matched only by the *untrammelled power *wielded by Sir Alex Ferguson at *Manchester *United.

So, it will require a *figure of *immense calibre to *follow him.And the standout *candidate is Pep *Guardiola, of Barcelona.

He has enjoyed *huge *success at the Nou Camp, *including two *Champions League *triumphs. But he has freely admitted that he does not know how much *further he can take the club. *

Guardiola may regard a move to *the Premier League as a new and tempting challenge. He is also on a one-year rolling contract at *Barca, so there would no massive *compensation *required. Another possible managerial candidate for Arsenal is likely to be Laurent Blanc, who has *transformed the French national squad, which *imploded at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

He has restored *stability and taken them to the verge of qualification for next *summer’s Euro 2012 finals.

He is also familiar with the *demands of English football from his spell as a player with *Manchester United and in his two years in *management at *Bordeaux, he took the club to *second place in his first season and then to the league title. There is also former Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp, who has adapted impressively to his new responsibilities at Ajax. Johan Cruyff, the club supremo, has asked Bergkamp to work with manager Frank de Boer.

Bergkamp has been handed responsibility for overhauling the entire technical department and club structure as well as coaching the first team.

But if Arsenal promote from within, one candidate will be reserve team coach Steve Bould, who has followed the *Wenger blueprint to bring through *players such as *Kieran Gibbs, *Wojciech *Szczesny and Jack Wilshere.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-to-nominate-successor-article809744.html#ixzz1aJkfWeyB

FFS

Xhaka Can’t
09-10-2011, 08:16 PM
When I heard about this, I went to Sainsburys and emptied their shelves of all the tinned food they had.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-10-2011, 08:20 AM
When I heard about this, I went to Sainsburys and emptied their shelves of all the tinned food they had.
Shit GB!
better open your windows. . .know what they say about a diet of baked beans! ?

Seriously Wenger for England. . . .probably deserve each other to be honest and Id taje the whole lot of them... . .
Pep as manager
Blanc defence coach
King Denis attack

Look out everyone

Power n Glory
10-10-2011, 09:09 AM
That is a stupid move. The FA need there heads testing if they're considering such a move. Wenger isn't suited to International football and I don't think he has an interest in coaching a team that are technically inferior to other nations.

dazthegooner
10-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Wenger has always said he doesn't want to be an international manager he prefers that day to day of club football so would never happen.

The Verminator
10-10-2011, 02:47 PM
He said he'd consider it when he's an old dude I thought.

He's no spring chicken now mind you.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-10-2011, 03:50 PM
At least he would have a believable excuse to field shit players come match day

Flavs
11-10-2011, 08:53 AM
At least he would have a believable excuse to field shit players come match day

Imagine how Chelsea, Manyoo and Liverpool would get on with all their GHEL's injured as well.

The Wenger effect :bow: