View Full Version : Good Bye RVP!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

GP
05-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Nah.

Uhuh.

KSE Comedy Club
05-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Both link to articles saying we have signed giroud.

Xhaka Can’t
05-08-2012, 10:24 PM
you are actually a first-class wanker.

you contribute nothing except antagonize other posters (those with contrary views). But I'm sure I'm not the first one to have noticed.

Twenty-seven sperm banks can't be wrong.

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2012, 10:24 PM
look again, please.

just done a quick google. van persie statement came out 4 july and your article you linked me said we signed giroud on the 26th june. i have no idea what point you are trying to make because my point was we had signed two top class strikers before that statement

GP
05-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Twenty-seven sperm banks can't be wrong.

Twenty-nine.

And counting!

gooners
05-08-2012, 10:26 PM
i did. both of them are dated 26 june, saying we signed giroud. van persies statement came out in july.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18592650 ----26 June 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18712651#TWEET168777 ---4 July 2012

corrected for you; my bad there

KSE Comedy Club
05-08-2012, 10:26 PM
just done a quick google. van persie statement came out 4 july and your article you linked me said we signed giroud on the 26th june. i have no idea what point you are trying to make because my point was we had signed two top class strikers before that statement

This.

KSE Comedy Club
05-08-2012, 10:27 PM

It still doesn't change the fact that we had already signed podolski and giroud before rvp released his statement.

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2012, 10:28 PM

which is exactly my fucking point. we had signed the two strikers before his statement. you are saying we didnt because you told me it was true then go and prove my point?

gooners
05-08-2012, 10:28 PM
This.

see post 2259

KSE Comedy Club
05-08-2012, 10:30 PM
see post 2259

See post 2261.

Mate can you just clarify what the point is your trying to make?

gooners
05-08-2012, 10:31 PM
which is exactly my fucking point. we had signed the two strikers before his statement. you are saying we didnt because you told me it was true then go and prove my point?

maybe PnG's post will get through:

You have no idea what was said during RVP's first contract talks and you don't know if we're now signing players in reaction to RVP's statement and the letter written by Usmanov. Giroud was signed after the statement, but RVP had already told Wenger and Gazidis that he wouldn't sign a new deal before Giroud was signed.

Xhaka Can’t
05-08-2012, 10:31 PM
See post 2261.

Mate can you just clarify what the point is your trying to make?

Also, can you do it somewhere else?

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2012, 10:32 PM

You have no idea what was said during RVP's first contract talks and you don't know if we're now signing players in reaction to RVP's statement and the letter written by Usmanov. Giroud was signed after the statement, but RVP had already told Wenger and Gazidis that he wouldn't sign a new deal before Giroud was signed

NO HE FUCKING WASNT

Xhaka Can’t
05-08-2012, 10:33 PM
NO HE FUCKING WASNT

Calm down mate - and happy birthday for tomorrow - hope you have a great time at the Olympics.

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2012, 10:33 PM

You have no idea what was said during RVP's first contract talks and you don't know if we're now signing players in reaction to RVP's statement and the letter written by Usmanov. Giroud was signed after the statement, but RVP had already told Wenger and Gazidis that he wouldn't sign a new deal before Giroud was signed.

Ok, podolski though was signed pretty much in january for this year, way before any statement then so thats one top class striker signed, we were linked with grioud before season over.

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Calm down mate - and happy birthday for tomorrow - hope you have a great time at the Olympics.

thanks mate :)

KSE Comedy Club
05-08-2012, 10:36 PM

Unfortunately, that is also an assumption.

As you say, we have no idea what rvp said or didn't say when he had that first meeting.

But there is no point trying to state as fact that he told them he wasn't going to sign a new deal.

Giroud was confirmed as signed on the 26th June. Rvp released his statement on the 4th july.

Those are the facts that we have.

The Wengerbabies
05-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Why the fuck haven't we sold him yet?

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2012, 10:40 PM

As you say, we have no idea what rvp said or didn't say when he had that first meeting.

But there is no point trying to state as fact that he told them he wasn't going to sign a new deal.

Giroud was confirmed as signed on the 26th June. Rvp released his statement on the 4th july.

we also know that the club were shocked by the statement, and had no idea it was coming either

Xhaka Can’t
05-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Deep down, I always knew Dr. Evil was right.

Marc Overmars
05-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Why the fuck haven't we sold him yet?

this

gooners
05-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Ok, podolski though was signed pretty much in january for this year, way before any statement then so thats one top class striker signed, we were linked with grioud before season over.

We were linked with a lot of french players before the season was over.

Doesn't mean we were going to sign any. We did not sign TWO TOP CLASS strikers before rvp's statement. Whether they can even be classed as such is another matter -I'm sure you've heard of a certain chamakh and his record - but that's not the issue.

I shall refer you to PnG's post again --- capture's my point of view perfectly; need not repeat it in a 100 differen ways.

gooners
05-08-2012, 11:05 PM

here is an excerpt from his statement: I don't want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward."

That was in reference to a meeting held in MAY. The point is, we don't know what the sticking points were! But we can infer that things did not go well.

And here is an excerpt from the club's response: We have to respect Robin's decision not to renew his contract.

So the club was aware and were prepared to accept the differences between the two parties that led that decision. It was not out of the blue!

AKBapologist
05-08-2012, 11:08 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2184073/Robin-van-Persie-latest-Roberto-Mancini-rules-Manchester-City-bid.html

I guess it's too soon to send a card and a bunch of flowers to joker in condolences?

KSE Comedy Club
05-08-2012, 11:09 PM
PNG's post and your point of view that are assumptions and pure speculation.

Are you seriously suggesting that chamakh is at the same level as the two we've signed?

:haha:

KSE Comedy Club
05-08-2012, 11:12 PM
here is an excerpt from his statement: I don't want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward."

That was in reference to a meeting held in MAY. The point is, we don't know what the sticking points were! But we can infer that things did not go well.

And here is an excerpt from the club's response: We have to respect Robin's decision not to renew his contract.

So the club was aware and were prepared to accept the differences between the two parties that led that decision. It was not out of the blue!

No where does it say that he refused to sign a new contract at that meeting. So again, it's nothing but speculation and assumption.

Also, the club said that after he released his statement, it doesn't mean they knew he wasn't going to renew until after that time.

gooners
05-08-2012, 11:23 PM
No where does it say that he refused to sign a new contract at that meeting. So again, it's nothing but speculation and assumption.

Also, the club said that after he released his statement, it doesn't mean they knew he wasn't going to renew until after that time.

No, but there is clear indication that AGAIN at this May meeting, there were MAJOR differences -- there was substantial disagreement. Inferentially (not speculatively), the club was aware of the likely outcomes of such major disagreements.

Ollie the Optimist
06-08-2012, 12:26 AM
We were linked with a lot of french players before the season was over.

Doesn't mean we were going to sign any. We did not sign TWO TOP CLASS strikers before rvp's statement. Whether they can even be classed as such is another matter -I'm sure you've heard of a certain chamakh and his record - but that's not the issue.

I shall refer you to PnG's post again --- capture's my point of view perfectly; need not repeat it in a 100 differen ways.

one was top scorer in the french league while winning the title, and the other has 100 caps, scored 40 odd goals for his country. if thats not class then i am so fucking glad you are not in charge of our transfers because you know fuck all

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 06:49 AM
one was top scorer in the french league while winning the title, and the other has 100 caps, scored 40 odd goals for his country. if thats not class then i am so fucking glad you are not in charge of our transfers because you know fuck all

So they're class players with great scoring records. So after RVP has voiced his concerns about the direction of the club and said he's not signing a new deal, we go out and sign not one but TWO strikers. Both with good records and experience too good to sit on the bench. That should have sent alarm bells off in his head because it looks as if the club are trying to replace him.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 07:28 AM
It might but you don't know what players RVP thinks we should be signing and where. It might be that he didn't want the burden of being the only regular goalscorer, so he wanted 'world class' or whatever ambitious critieria he was after, in to the team. And even if that isn't the case, he shouldn't be mouthing off about 'the direction', presumably with player recruitment - doing so makes it very easy for him to look stupid.

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 08:43 AM
It might but you don't know what players RVP thinks we should be signing and where. It might be that he didn't want the burden of being the only regular goalscorer, so he wanted 'world class' or whatever ambitious critieria he was after, in to the team. And even if that isn't the case, he shouldn't be mouthing off about 'the direction', presumably with player recruitment - doing so makes it very easy for him to look stupid.

That seems very unlikely. Would it make sense for RVP to go into a meeting to call for more strikers and then make a statement saying we disagreed with the direction we're going in? We don't know what was said but that doesn't seem logical and it's clutching at straws. I presume the talks he had before the Euros with Gaz and Wenger weren't positive, hence the need to place a gagging order on him. Why did we feel the need to try and control the media at that point? Also, Grimandi has already said that Giroud is a replacement for RVP. It's in this thread.

As for 'mouthing off'. If a gag order has been placed on him during the Euros and PHW makes a statement which questions his loyalty and integrity as a player, couldn't that be the reason why he's released a statement? I get that people are beating RVP over the head with this 'disrespecting the club' talk and airing out dirty laundry but surely it works both ways? Gooners made a good point about PHW doing the same with Cesc when saying he can't make it into the Barca team. With RVP he linked him to Man City and then had the cheek to talk about players that are loyal like Giggs and Scholes, completely ignoring the fact that we haven't won anything in years, we have that silly 30 plus contract rule and are quick to shove older players out the door and we don't even pay our top stars that well even when they're prepared to give their whole career to the cause.

But all that aside, if we're going to talk about RVP 'mouthing off' it's only right to acknowledge what PHW said while RVP couldn't defend himself. Maybe I'm being cynical, but I suspect we placed a gag order on RVP to try and construct our own story in the press us fans wouldn't think we're being tight with money again. I think we've been leaking stories to the press and I back that up with Ferguson's claim about Manchester United's bid for RVP.

As for him looking stupid over the comments he made. Henry, Vieira, Pires, Campbell, Cole, Ljungberg, Parlour, Wright, Merson, Keown....they have all said something along the same line about the club. Henry was calling for us to sign SWP just before the Spurs derby and was pissed with the club. You've seen what Vieira said and that was when we were still winning. RVP was probably wrong to make a statement and assume fans would understand his intentions or back him. What he has said is no secret and it's not as if it hasn't been said on forums, blogs, by ex Arsenal players, pundits, etc. Maybe he should have kept quiet, but would it have been better if people assumed he was a mercenary? Just look at Theo's case. He's kept quiet, played the PR game, but he's getting shitted on anyway and people are actually debating whether or not he's worth a the wages. I've seen a few posts where people are doing the same with RVP and suggesting he's not worth the wages anyway. Whatever the scenario, RVP would have been the villain if he refused a new deal. Bound to happen.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 09:10 AM
That seems very unlikely. Would it make sense for RVP to go into a meeting to call for more strikers and then make a statement saying we disagreed with the direction we're going in? We don't know what was said but that doesn't seem logical and it's clutching at straws. I presume the talks he had before the Euros with Gaz and Wenger weren't positive, hence the need to place a gagging order on him. Why did we feel the need to try and control the media at that point? Also, Grimandi has already said that Giroud is a replacement for RVP. It's in this thread.

As for 'mouthing off'. If a gag order has been placed on him during the Euros and PHW makes a statement which questions his loyalty and integrity as a player, couldn't that be the reason why he's released a statement? I get that people are beating RVP over the head with this 'disrespecting the club' talk and airing out dirty laundry but surely it works both ways? Gooners made a good point about PHW doing the same with Cesc when saying he can't make it into the Barca team. With RVP he linked him to Man City and then had the cheek to talk about players that are loyal like Giggs and Scholes, completely ignoring the fact that we haven't won anything in years, we have that silly 30 plus contract rule and are quick to shove older players out the door and we don't even pay our top stars that well even when they're prepared to give their whole career to the cause.

But all that aside, if we're going to talk about RVP 'mouthing off' it's only right to acknowledge what PHW said while RVP couldn't defend himself. Maybe I'm being cynical, but I suspect we placed a gag order on RVP to try and construct our own story in the press us fans wouldn't think we're being tight with money again. I think we've been leaking stories to the press and I back that up with Ferguson's claim about Manchester United's bid for RVP.

As for him looking stupid over the comments he made. Henry, Vieira, Pires, Campbell, Cole, Ljungberg, Parlour, Wright, Merson, Keown....they have all said something along the same line about the club. Henry was calling for us to sign SWP just before the Spurs derby and was pissed with the club. You've seen what Vieira said and that was when we were still winning. RVP was probably wrong to make a statement and assume fans would understand his intentions or back him. What he has said is no secret and it's not as if it hasn't been said on forums, blogs, by ex Arsenal players, pundits, etc. Maybe he should have kept quiet, but would it have been better if people assumed he was a mercenary? Just look at Theo's case. He's kept quiet, played the PR game, but he's getting shitted on anyway and people are actually debating whether or not he's worth a the wages. I've seen a few posts where people are doing the same with RVP and suggesting he's not worth the wages anyway. Whatever the scenario, RVP would have been the villain if he refused a new deal. Bound to happen.

Well firstly I don't think RVP's statement makes much sense to begin with.

I am not suggesting he went in to a meeting and asked for strikers but he must know what players/what calibre of players he wants to come in and let's suppose he only wanted 'world class' midfielders to come in and not strikers. Well that's fairly contradictory isn't it? A guy that wants our team to improve but would not be happy to see other strikers to come in that are better than what we have to begin with - it's fine if the team is improved so long as it doesn't interfere with my position. And that would be even more contradicted by the clubs he is supposedly interested in going to! All of them, aside from perhaps Juventus have top strikers in surplus to begin with - so why would he go there? He must know his position would be at risk there.

I find it extremely hard to believe his nose was put of joint because we signed other strikers, if it was then he really is a bit stupid.

You keep bringing in all these other people to stop people criticising RVP, when you don't know what my stance is on all those other people. I don't have much time for PHW's statements but he isn't the guy I would be watching week in week out and he is the guy near the top of the chain, even if I don't think he should be. My main contention with RVP's statement is the specific part of players, that's the part I consider he was mouthing off unfairly about - the rest I don't care for. It's evident why he would want to leave, he doesn't need to hide behind reasons like he gave, I guess players think they're trying to pacifiy us when most can see through it

Anyway, he agreed to the 'gagging order' and so did his country, so I don't really have much sympathy for him there. As it turned out, the idea of focusing purely on football for that time didn't really work out. I reckon he had that statement ready to go for when the tournament was over.

Also, what happens if he does end up staying, what would you think about him then? Not in relation to what any other person has said about him, I mean purely regarding Van Persie.

Grimandi can say Giroud is Van Persie's replacement and that would be true, if he goes but he hasn't yet, for some reason.

KSE Comedy Club
06-08-2012, 09:13 AM
If he had just said that he wanted to move away from the club for a new challenge, no-one would have begrudged him that and no-one would think any less of him.

Instead he tried to make the club look stupid, make his position untenable and force his sale.

Thats why so many are pissed with him.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Exactly. And all he has done is undermine the players that were brought in - that's not to say they will care or rather, be annoyed by what Van Persie said but the possible reaction exists.

It all seems like window dressing to me.

GP
06-08-2012, 09:20 AM
If he had just said that he wanted to move away from the club for a new challenge, no-one would have begrudged him that and no-one would think any less of him.

Instead he tried to make the club look stupid, make his position untenable and force his sale.

And that's all that needs to be said.

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Well firstly I don't think RVP's statement makes much sense to begin with.

I am not suggesting he went in to a meeting and asked for strikers but he must know what players/what calibre of players he wants to come in and let's suppose he only wanted 'world class' midfielders to come in and not strikers. Well that's fairly contradictory isn't it? A guy that wants our team to improve but would not be happy to see other strikers to come in that are better than what we have to begin with - it's fine if the team is improved so long as it doesn't interfere with my position. And that would be even more contradicted by the clubs he is supposedly interested in going to! All of them, aside from perhaps Juventus have top strikers in surplus to begin with - so why would he go there? He must know his position would be at risk there.

I find it extremely hard to believe his nose was put of joint because we signed other strikers, if it was then he really is a bit stupid.

You keep bringing in all these other people to stop people criticising RVP, when you don't know what my stance is on all those other people. I don't have much time for PHW's statements but he isn't the guy I would be watching week in week out and he is the guy near the top of the chain, even if I don't think he should be. My main contention with RVP's statement is the specific part of players, that's the part I consider he was mouthing off unfairly about - the rest I don't care for. It's evident why he would want to leave, he doesn't need to hide behind reasons like he gave, I guess players think they're trying to pacifiy us when most can see through it

Anyway, he agreed to the 'gagging order' and so did his country, so I don't really have much sympathy for him there. As it turned out, the idea of focusing purely on football for that time didn't really work out. I reckon he had that statement ready to go for when the tournament was over.

Also, what happens if he does end up staying, what would you think about him then? Not in relation to what any other person has said about him, I mean purely regarding Van Persie.

Grimandi can say Giroud is Van Persie's replacement and that would be true, if he goes but he hasn't yet, for some reason.

For starters, we don't which clubs RVP would like to join, only the clubs that are interested in him. Repels has suggested he's prefer Juve and Mancini has pulled out apparently. Man U have Rooney and are prepared to sel Berbatov.

But ignore that cause you're missing the point. It's very unlikely that RVP walked out of that meeting expecting world class signings period and told the club he wasn't extending. With that news te club signed another striker. Again, Grimandi confirms this. But for those who argue otherwise, you have to question what message the club is sending to an unsettled player when we sign two new strikers. Even when we signed them, people on here were asking what the signings meant for RVP. Let's not kid ourselves.

What exactly has he mouthed off about that you have a problem with? What's he hiding behind cause I don't get it. If you're pissed about him releasing the statement and somehow trying to dupe the fans, fair enough, but I'd still argue that it's in response to media specualtion and what the club have put out.

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 09:35 AM

Fair point, but the statement seemed like a reaction to press specualtion about wages and he probably overplayed his hand.

Marc Overmars
06-08-2012, 09:44 AM
The statement was nonsense however he could easily have behaved like a dick behind the scenes and still made our position untenable anyway. Whether this was done in public or not isn't an issue for me, it's that once again we've got another billy big bollocks twat on our hands.

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Another Billy Big Bollocks Twat you say. You sure the problem isn't the club then? We slaughter a player every year. It's a tiring conversation and we have it every year.

Marc Overmars
06-08-2012, 10:06 AM
The club has its issues that need sorting yes, but we've done some proper business in the transfer window for a change. Yet the guy wanted out from the start it seems.

There were stories about his attitude within the dutch camp this summer as well, which I was inclined to believe then and even more so now.

selassie
06-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Been reading that Man U are favourites for his signature. Look I don't want RVP at the club anymore than the next man but we really should not be selling him to Man U, it really would be a major kick in the teeth if we do.

dazthegooner
06-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Been reading that Man U are favourites for his signature. Look I don't want RVP at the club anymore than the next man but we really should not be selling him to Man U, it really would be a major kick in the teeth if we do.

Maybe if he does we could get Diaby to do the same thing he did to John Terry (if he actually manages to stay on the pitch long enough that is) ;)

Cripps_orig
06-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Sell to the highest bidder

Board and Wenger are running low on yachts

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 10:59 AM
For starters, we don't which clubs RVP would like to join, only the clubs that are interested in him. Repels has suggested he's prefer Juve and Mancini has pulled out apparently. Man U have Rooney and are prepared to sel Berbatov.

But ignore that cause you're missing the point. It's very unlikely that RVP walked out of that meeting expecting world class signings period and told the club he wasn't extending. With that news te club signed another striker. Again, Grimandi confirms this. But for those who argue otherwise, you have to question what message the club is sending to an unsettled player when we sign two new strikers. Even when we signed them, people on here were asking what the signings meant for RVP. Let's not kid ourselves.

What exactly has he mouthed off about that you have a problem with? What's he hiding behind cause I don't get it. If you're pissed about him releasing the statement and somehow trying to dupe the fans, fair enough, but I'd still argue that it's in response to media specualtion and what the club have put out.

No I think you're missing the point and so is Van Persie. If we hadn't signed any strikers by now then RVP would still have created this situation for himself surely? I mean if he does it when we do actually sign players, then surely he would have done had we twiddled our thumbs and waited for him to decide where he wants to go and what he actually wants to do.

They got a shitstorm of enmity coming their way last season when we hadn't sorted out the Cesc and Nasri situation, nor brought anyone in on the off-chance they do go, so this time they sign strikers who it's fair to suggest if all is well would not start ahead of Van Persie but would provide more than Chamakh has. And I still imagine Chamakh will go, or will be so marginaised he'll be our Bogarde.

The board have to act in the best interests of the team (not that they always do) but on this occasion they have, they know a player has brought forward his unhappiness or frustration and thus he might leave, so they've done the right thing and brought players in anyway.

For me he is hiding behind the meeting itself, he said in his statement that contract and fiinancial terms were not discussed but his problem was with how the club was going forward. What kind of players was he expecting us to bring in that would've satiated him? By July he decided Giroud/Podolski wasn't enough (or as you suggest a indication to him they are already not considering him in their plans) and then said he won't be signing a new contract - all of it suggests to me, he knew already that he wants to go somewhere where trophies are more likely. If he had just that from the beginning, then there wouldn't be so much of an issue.

If we sign the players we are purportedly close to signing and he still goes, you've got to question what it is that he was after in the first place. I think he would've released that statement a long time ago, if he could have.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Oh and it's RVP's birthday today. :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
06-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Another day older and deeper in debt.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

KSE Comedy Club
06-08-2012, 11:39 AM
It's all about the money.

Or as we have put it here before.....ambition.

He isn't happy with 130'000 ambitions per week we offered him and I'll bet that his **** of an agent convinced him he could earn more ambitions elsewhere.

Joker
06-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Yep, players should be satisfied with the "ambition" of the 4th place trophy.

Xhaka Can’t
06-08-2012, 11:44 AM

Nobody is saying that.

Marc Overmars
06-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Watching these Olympians helps put into perspective how grossly out of touch football is.

KSE Comedy Club
06-08-2012, 11:50 AM

I think you're getting your 'ambitions' mixed up.

Joker
06-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Nobody is saying that.

Whenever players want to leave the suggestion is always that they are motivated purely by money. They ignore the fact that City are a club on the way up, while United have regularly won trophies. By not even mentioning this as a possible reason for players leaving, the assumption is that their trophy ambitions are no superior to our 4th place ambitions.

KSE Comedy Club
06-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Whenever players want to leave the suggestion is always that they are motivated purely by money. They ignore the fact that City are a club on the way up, while United have regularly won trophies. By not even mentioning this as a possible reason for players leaving, the assumption is that their trophy ambitions are no superior to our 4th place ambitions.

Why do you insist on bringing every debate back to how much you love citeh?

Xhaka Can’t
06-08-2012, 11:58 AM

When you assume...

Joker
06-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Why do you insist on bringing every debate back to how much you love citeh?

Where in this post does it suggest I love City? All I'm saying is that it's disingenuous to suggest players are only leaving for money, and that apart from our relatively low wages (which is seen as a good thing, even though there's no correlation between the wages we pay out and ticket prices so we're not benefiting from it) there are no attractive elements to joining a club like City or United. That is obviously not true, because both clubs make it clear that their ambitions are silverware at the end of the season, while Wenger first and foremost always points out the financial benefits of qualifying for the Champions League, and then, almost as an afterthought, says that we're also going for trophies. That defeatist mentality clearly doesn't match many of our players' viewpoints, which is a bit reason why every summer we have players wanting to leave, and is a reason that everyone chooses to ignore because it's inconvenient and doesn't fit the narrative of "player greed".

Xhaka Can’t
06-08-2012, 12:03 PM
I love City

I KNEW IT!!!!

Cripps_orig
06-08-2012, 12:06 PM
He doesn't contribute anything positive to this part of the messageboard, apart from petty snipes and digs at other posters who he disagrees with.

Never a truer word has been said.

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 12:35 PM
No I think you're missing the point and so is Van Persie. If we hadn't signed any strikers by now then RVP would still have created this situation for himself surely? I mean if he does it when we do actually sign players, then surely he would have done had we twiddled our thumbs and waited for him to decide where he wants to go and what he actually wants to do.

They got a shitstorm of enmity coming their way last season when we hadn't sorted out the Cesc and Nasri situation, nor brought anyone in on the off-chance they do go, so this time they sign strikers who it's fair to suggest if all is well would not start ahead of Van Persie but would provide more than Chamakh has. And I still imagine Chamakh will go, or will be so marginaised he'll be our Bogarde.

The board have to act in the best interests of the team (not that they always do) but on this occasion they have, they know a player has brought forward his unhappiness or frustration and thus he might leave, so they've done the right thing and brought players in anyway.

For me he is hiding behind the meeting itself, he said in his statement that contract and fiinancial terms were not discussed but his problem was with how the club was going forward. What kind of players was he expecting us to bring in that would've satiated him? By July he decided Giroud/Podolski wasn't enough (or as you suggest a indication to him they are already not considering him in their plans) and then said he won't be signing a new contract - all of it suggests to me, he knew already that he wants to go somewhere where trophies are more likely. If he had just that from the beginning, then there wouldn't be so much of an issue.

If we sign the players we are purportedly close to signing and he still goes, you've got to question what it is that he was after in the first place. I think he would've released that statement a long time ago, if he could have.

We signed Giroud after RVP had spoken to Wenger and Gazidis. He was set on going after the talks because they said something that didn't sit right with him. That was way back before the Euros and our only signing was Poldoski. Also, this isn't the first time RVP has stalled on signing a contract. On his previous deal, he was talking about 'sporting ambition' three years ago. Wenger probably gave him a song a dance back then and tried to reload the same tune on him during that meeting. He wasn't buying it. And let's be honest, we've heard what Wenger has had to say about our transfer strategy, fair play rules and hardly anyone is buying it. If anyone here is of the frame of mind that we can't compete with City and Chelsea because of their billionaire owners, then what do you think is going through the minds of the players? I have heard plenty of people on here blame our misfortunes on other clubs and it makes the whole situation sound hopeless. Players at our club could be thinking exactly the same thing and they don't believe that we can compete. Wenger says we can and that we need to stick to our guns. He probably told him the same thing three years ago. He's been singing the same tune to us fans in recent press conferences.

So yeah, had already decided to leave and the contract talks just confirmed it. We didn't finish off the season strongly and once again, Wenger didn't bring anyone in during the January transfer window even though we were running out of steam. We actually lost more players during that period because of the ACON and players being loaned out. We be seeing a change in policy now though. It's looking promising but that's after the RVP fall out and after Usmanov's scathing letter. If club had sat still and done nothing after all said and done, there would have been a severe backlash at the Emirates. Maybe recent events have been a kick up the backside for them. RVP is still here after all and reports are saying he may do a U-Turn. If he does, what then? Is he still scum of the earth, a one season wonder, a greedy mercenary and ungrateful? It would be water under the bridge if he stays and all will be forgotten.

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 12:49 PM
It's all about the money.

Or as we have put it here before.....ambition.

He isn't happy with 130'000 ambitions per week we offered him and I'll bet that his **** of an agent convinced him he could earn more ambitions elsewhere.

Key example of why RVP's statement doesn't make a blind bit of difference. Some fans will always find fault and jump to this conclusion when that's just not the case.

AKBapologist
06-08-2012, 12:58 PM
He doesn't contribute anything positive to this part of the messageboard, apart from petty snipes and digs at other posters who he disagrees with.

Apart from actually posting transfer info in transfer threads instead of whinging about wenger in EVERY thread.

And why can't I get cheap laughs at your expense... Given your name and all?
:lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 01:45 PM
We signed Giroud after RVP had spoken to Wenger and Gazidis. He was set on going after the talks because they said something that didn't sit right with him. That was way back before the Euros and our only signing was Poldoski. Also, this isn't the first time RVP has stalled on signing a contract. On his previous deal, he was talking about 'sporting ambition' three years ago. Wenger probably gave him a song a dance back then and tried to reload the same tune on him during that meeting. He wasn't buying it. And let's be honest, we've heard what Wenger has had to say about our transfer strategy, fair play rules and hardly anyone is buying it. If anyone here is of the frame of mind that we can't compete with City and Chelsea because of their billionaire owners, then what do you think is going through the minds of the players? I have heard plenty of people on here blame our misfortunes on other clubs and it makes the whole situation sound hopeless. Players at our club could be thinking exactly the same thing and they don't believe that we can compete. Wenger says we can and that we need to stick to our guns. He probably told him the same thing three years ago. He's been singing the same tune to us fans in recent press conferences.

So yeah, had already decided to leave and the contract talks just confirmed it. We didn't finish off the season strongly and once again, Wenger didn't bring anyone in during the January transfer window even though we were running out of steam. We actually lost more players during that period because of the ACON and players being loaned out. We be seeing a change in policy now though. It's looking promising but that's after the RVP fall out and after Usmanov's scathing letter. If club had sat still and done nothing after all said and done, there would have been a severe backlash at the Emirates. Maybe recent events have been a kick up the backside for them. RVP is still here after all and reports are saying he may do a U-Turn. If he does, what then? Is he still scum of the earth, a one season wonder, a greedy mercenary and ungrateful? It would be water under the bridge if he stays and all will be forgotten.

Of course we signed him afterwards, Montpellier were still playing for the league when that meeting took place. He either wanted assurances on the types of players we'd be after i.e their level or specific names, so long as they aren't strikers of course. You cite people on here lamenting us being unable to compete for trophies so players will too, which I guess means PL/CL but people also could recognise we needed more goals than just from RVP - the player we signed may have not been concluded as early as Podolski was but then, they rarely are. I'd hope RVP would be able to understand that too and not be annoyed because we've dared to buy strikers in.

Wenger could say whatever he wants in private but what we have actually done for once, is the proof. And this time the proof, as you admit, seems encouraging. You can mention the mistakes of last season as the build-up of frustration for the playing staff but you've already said that what Van Persie has done this summer has been a reaction of other things this summer, not because of the failure to sign more players in January or the players that went out on loan.

You're replying to me and I can't remember saying any of those things to Van Persie. As it is, if he was to say, I'd cheer the goal but not the goalscorer.

KSE Comedy Club
06-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Key example of why RVP's statement doesn't make a blind bit of difference. Some fans will always find fault and jump to this conclusion when that's just not the case.

I'm sorry, I thought you could detect the very tiny hint of sarcasm in my post.

It was very subtle tbf :rolleyes:

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Of course we signed him afterwards, Montpellier were still playing for the league when that meeting took place. He either wanted assurances on the types of players we'd be after i.e their level or specific names, so long as they aren't strikers of course. You cite people on here lamenting us being unable to compete for trophies so players will too, which I guess means PL/CL but people also could recognise we needed more goals than just from RVP - the player we signed may have not been concluded as early as Podolski was but then, they rarely are. I'd hope RVP would be able to understand that too and not be annoyed because we've dared to buy strikers in.

Wenger could say whatever he wants in private but what we have actually done for once, is the proof. And this time the proof, as you admit, seems encouraging. You can mention the mistakes of last season as the build-up of frustration for the playing staff but you've already said that what Van Persie has done this summer has been a reaction of other things this summer, not because of the failure to sign more players in January or the players that went out on loan.

You're replying to me and I can't remember saying any of those things to Van Persie. As it is, if he was to say, I'd cheer the goal but not the goalscorer.

I'm not saying RVP was miffed about us signing a strikers, you're totally missing the point. All well and good discussing this need for another striker but it ignores the fact that Grimandi has said that Giroud was RVP's replacement not an addition. We knew he wanted out and decided to sign an extra central striker. Unless we change formation, Giroud can't play up front with RVP. Why people use Poldoski and Giroud as examples of us moving forward, I disagree. We've signed those guys to cover the players we'll lose this summer.

What we're seeing now is encouraging but we'll never know if it was the original plan or a reaction to recent events. Also, RVP's reaction is a result of what's happened over the summer but he didn't wake up one morning and decide he wanted out. As said before, he said we needed to match his 'sporting ambition' during his last contract talks and he wasn't afraid to air things out then even though it could cause a bad reaction. I'm pretty sure it did way back then, because he was injured for most of the time when he said it. So this isn't something that's happened out of the blue. The icing on the cake was probably last summer when Cesc, Nasri and Clichy left. All three have won a major trophy since leaving Arsenal. The frustrations of last season and years before are part of the story and make up and there is no point looking at his statement in isolation. This isn't a straight forward story.

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm sorry, I thought you could detect the very tiny hint of sarcasm in my post.

It was very subtle tbf :rolleyes:

Sorry, I just assumed you were an idiot. Jokes on me eh. <_<

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm not saying RVP was miffed about us signing a strikers, you're totally missing the point. All well and good discussing this need for another striker but it ignores the fact that Grimandi has said that Giroud was RVP's replacement not an addition. We knew he wanted out and decided to sign an extra central striker. Unless we change formation, Giroud can't play up front with RVP. Why people use Poldoski and Giroud as examples of us moving forward, I disagree. We've signed those guys to cover the players we'll lose this summer.

What we're seeing now is encouraging but we'll never know if it was the original plan or a reaction to recent events. Also, RVP's reaction is a result of what's happened over the summer but he didn't wake up one morning and decide he wanted out. As said before, he said we needed to match his 'sporting ambition' during his last contract talks and he wasn't afraid to air things out then even though it could cause a bad reaction. I'm pretty sure it did way back then, because he was injured for most of the time when he said it. So this isn't something that's happened out of the blue. The icing on the cake was probably last summer when Cesc, Nasri and Clichy left. All three have won a major trophy since leaving Arsenal. The frustrations of last season and years before are part of the story and make up and there is no point looking at his statement in isolation. This isn't a straight forward story.

I'm not ignoring that fact but the key part is Grimandi said that after RVP released his statement (not that he said it quite as forthrightly as you make out). He never truly says Giroud is his replacement - only that we work to avoid being cornered and also it being complicated; that is because we want him to stay but he has only one year left. Exactly everything we already can deduce.

I'm not sure I understand the second paragraph - are you now saying that the PHW statement is what pushed him over the edge? Maybe it was a reaction to Van Persie what we're seeing now, if it is, then it is surely an effort to appease him with the benefit of improving the team, therefore Van Persie would render his previous statement completely null and void if he was to leave anyway.

KSE Comedy Club
06-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Sorry, I just assumed you were an idiot. Jokes on me eh. <_<Man lighten up, this place is so depressing sometimes!

Marc Overmars
06-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Fergie hasn't travelled with United to a friendly in Oslo because he is trying to wrap up a deal for RVP this week, apparently.

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm not ignoring that fact but the key part is Grimandi said that after RVP released his statement (not that he said it quite as forthrightly as you make out). He never truly says Giroud is his replacement - only that we work to avoid being cornered and also it being complicated that is because we want him to stay but he has only one year left. Exactly everything we already can deduce.

I'm not sure I understand the second paragraph - are you now saying that the PHW statement is what pushed him over the edge? Maybe it was a reaction to Van Persie what we're seeing now, if it is, then it is surely an effort to appease him with the benefit of improving the team, therefore Van Persie would render his previous statement completely null and void if he was to leave anyway.

The second paragraph is an answer to this.

You can mention the mistakes of last season as the build-up of frustration for the playing staff but you've already said that what Van Persie has done this summer has been a reaction of other things this summer, not because of the failure to sign more players in January or the players that went out on loan.

If he stays then it's great news but if he still leaves it doesn't make his point null and void at all. If he goes to Man Utd, City or Juve, he'd still have a much better chance at winning silverware there compared to here.

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Man lighten up, this place is so depressing sometimes!

You didn't see the funny side in that?

(Remember to add smiley) :lol:

KSE Comedy Club
06-08-2012, 03:03 PM
You didn't see the funny side in that?

(Remember to add smiley) :lol:ok then, mr jokey....joke maker!

Fist of Lehmann
06-08-2012, 03:04 PM
For reference:

"Was the recruitment of Giroud made to compensate for his [Van Persie’s] departure? Yes, we worked to avoid being cornered," Grimandi told le10sport.com

"We want him to stay home but he is left with one year on his contract so it is complicated.

"At Arsenal, there is a healthy atmosphere, he’s been here for eight years and he has a real commitment to the club."

The Frenchman also revealed that Van Persie, who arrived in 2004 from Feyenoord, has his price, adding: "If there is a great offer and if he wants to leave, it will be difficult to keep him."

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 03:05 PM
The second paragraph is an answer to this.

If he stays then it's great news but if he still leaves it doesn't make his point null and void at all. If he goes to Man Utd, City or Juve, he'd still have a much better chance at winning silverware there compared to here.

It would because it shows he wasn't that interested in the playing staff being improved upon, especially Citeh, given they haven't actually bought anyone else yet. We know he would have a better chance going to those clubs already - that's why the rest of it wasn't needed.

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 03:22 PM
It would because it shows he wasn't that interested in the playing staff being improved upon, especially Citeh, given they haven't actually bought anyone else yet. We know he would have a better chance going to those clubs already - that's why the rest of it wasn't needed.

Who said he wants to go to City? Also, he doesn't specifically mention the playing staff being improved in his statement either. I'm not naive enough to believe that it didn't pop up on the agenda, but a number of things could have been discussed in that meeting. Player departures as well as arrivals, training sessions, new coaches....heck, for all we know, Wenger's future as coach could have been discussed. If he's not here in two years time, then why commit to a new deal? That one could be far fetched but we don't know. Was just thinking back to Henry's departure and his 'excuses' for leaving. It can be a combination of problems.

Anyway, back to the statement. What else was so outrageous in this statement? What wasn't necessary?

This is an update for the fans about my current situation. I have kept quiet all this time out of respect and loyalty for the club and as agreed with Mr. Gazidis and Mr. Wenger, but since there is so much speculation in the media, I think it is fair for you guys to know what’s really going on at the moment.

As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the Boss and Mr. Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club’s future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days. Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.

I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.

I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal FC. Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch. I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last 8 years. As soon as Mr. Gazidis is back from his 2-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments.

Robin van Persie

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm responding to you saying 'if he goes to Man Utd, City or Juve'. :blink:

It could've been a root and branch discussion but given you wanted to point out what is most likely or logical surely, it's mainly going to be about players? I mean, it's the simplest way of making sure a player is content with staying at an 'ambitious' club, combined with a much improved contract, of course.

And I thought I had already said why I don't like his statement.

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 03:52 PM
We know he would have a better chance going to those clubs already - that's why the rest of it wasn't needed.

What do you mean by that? Are you talking about his statement? What part wasn't needed or disrespectful?

As for City, they have a strong enough squad to challenge without adding more to the squad. I don't think he wants to sign for City but the clubs been flirting with them in order to get the fee higher. But that's another story.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 04:00 PM
I mean the future strategy, with the hidden suggestion about players. Fine privately, to mention it publically though after we've signed players? Not exactly a ringing endorsement of what we had already done and thus I find that part disrespectful, to Podolski and Giroud more than anyone else.

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 04:12 PM
I mean the future strategy, with the hidden suggestion about players. Fine privately, to mention it publically though after we've signed players? Not exactly a ringing endorsement of what we had already done and thus I find that part disrespectful, to Podolski and Giroud more than anyone else.

That's reaching a bit. He doesn't go into specifics and as said before, 'future strategy' could come under ownership issues, training methods, change in management, coaching staff...as well playing staff. He hasn't openly criticised our transfers and has been vague for a reason. If you want to see disrespect compare and contrast captain Vieira. Look at what Henry has said before leaving and the things he's revealed. I disagree and think people are blowing things way out of proportion.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Yet if you consider the previous Van Persie issues with our direction, that was supposedly about players too and like you indicated before - if that was the case then, it'll surely be the case now. He has been vague for a reason because he has probably been advised that way - people will be less likely to see through it and won't have that much enmity for him, that does not preclude us from being able to look at it in more detail.

I can't bring myself to care what Vieira said, at least not enough for a big debate about it in this thread, he didn't come out and say 'whatever happens, I love this club'. Plus, that was over 11 years ago and he's not an employee for Arsenal anymore.

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Yet if you consider the previous Van Persie issues with our direction, that was supposedly about players too and like you indicated before - if that was the case then, it'll surely be the case now. He has been vague for a reason because he has probably been advised that way - people will be less likely to see through it and won't have that much enmity for him, that does not preclude us from being able to look at it in more detail.

I can't bring myself to care what Vieira said, at least not enough for a big debate about it in this thread, he didn't come out and say 'whatever happens, I love this club'. Plus, that was over 11 years ago and he's not an employee for Arsenal anymore.

Yes, he's being vague for a reason because he knows if he says anything specific the vultures will swarm and pick it apart. I don't think he's been disrespectful at all. He could have said more as Usmanov did with that letter. In the past, I believe he said 'sporting ambition'. But I'm no fool, he must take issue with our transfer policy but who hasn't had a problem with it besides the Board and Wenger? And so what if he has been advised to be vague? Would you have preferred he air everything out in public and give a full account of the meeting and his frustration?

The other option would be for him to keep quiet and let speculation rip all summer about will he won't he sign. We've been there with other players and I remember fans growing even more frustrated practically pleading for the player to make a statement to say what's what. The treat us like 'grown up' argument. I remember the slack Cesc got for staying quiet while his Barca friends and family spoke and people were saying he should 'man up' and talk for himself. Well, RVP has done that and people are still pissed. Not matter the situation, the only outcome fans would welcome is RVP signing a new deal and nothing else. With or without the statement, if he leaves, he'd get slated. It's what most fans do.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah I would've preferred that, it's much preferred to someone professing love for the club. And then they leave anyway. Having said that, it wouldn't be particularly helpful for the club but...I don't think this was either.

You keep going back to what the majority of fans say, what the majority of fans have said but you're talking to me! I didn't have a huge problem with how Cesc did it - it's entirely feasible he arranged for clubmates to speak out on his behalf for sure but he got his move without needing to speak out against the club and speak out in a way that might dissuade anybody else to come in the future (thankfully it seems like that won't be the case, even after RVP saying what he said).

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Yeah I would've preferred that, it's much preferred to someone professing love for the club. And then they leave anyway. Having said that, it wouldn't be particularly helpful for the club but...I don't think this was either.

That's a very childish outlook and why RVP was wrong to presume fans could handle his statement. It's like having to sit a child down and explain why his parents are getting divorced. After 8 years at the club and supporting us as a kid, I don't doubt RVP's love for the club but shit happens.

You keep going back to what the majority of fans say, what the majority of fans have said but you're talking to me! I didn't have a huge problem with how Cesc did it -

Regardless of your stance, it's still relevant and this is an open forum, so what may not apply to you, is relevant for other readers. Also, I get the impression that RVP is aware of fans reactions and may have been slightly influenced by what he's seen and heard in the past. This idea about players being disconnected from the fans and players needing to do more to interact with fans...:lol: Personal statements on websites and Twitter accounts....not a good idea. I hope players in the future rethink before they make some misguided attempt to communicate and connect with fans. It's not wise.

RVP hasn't hindered any movements with his statement either. He's kept it vague and just said he disagrees with the direction we're going in. Has his statement hindered the Cazorla move? Doesn't look like it. Poldoski signed even though he knew RVP's contract talks were stalling and we had just lost Cesc, Nasri and Clichy. Clichy and Nasri were blatant with their parting shots but that didn't stop us from signing Arteta, Merts, Santos and all the rest. The situation has been blown out of proportion and imo you're clutching at straws.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 05:20 PM
That's a very childish outlook and why RVP was wrong to presume fans could handle his statement. It's like having to sit a child down and explain why his parents are getting divorced. After 8 years at the club and supporting us as a kid, I don't doubt RVP's love for the club but shit happens.

Regardless of your stance, it's still relevant and this is an open forum, so what may not apply to you, is relevant for other readers. Also, I get the impression that RVP is aware of fans reactions and may have been slightly influenced by what he's seen and heard in the past. This idea about players being disconnected from the fans and players needing to do more to interact with fans...:lol: Personal statements on websites and Twitter accounts....not a good idea. I hope players in the future rethink before they make some misguided attempt to communicate and connect with fans. It's not wise.

RVP hasn't hindered any movements with his statement either. He's kept it vague and just said he disagrees with the direction we're going in. Has his statement hindered the Cazorla move? Doesn't look like it. Poldoski signed even though he knew RVP's contract talks were stalling and we had just lost Cesc, Nasri and Clichy. Clichy and Nasri were blatant with their parting shots but that didn't stop us from signing Arteta, Merts, Santos and all the rest. The situation has been blown out of proportion and imo you're clutching at straws.

It's not a childish view at all because a child wouldn't be analysing what they have said to see what you think they really mean. Saying stuff like 'I love the club' are just words, the context I'm placing it in, for me shows those words to not really mean a thing. It's more childish to say words without much meaning behind them, just like a kid would say: I hate you etc etc.

Yeah it's an open forum but you have criticised Letters for condensing your posts to a one line reply so if you're saying something to me that holds no relevance, I'm just going to be leaving huge chunks of your post out!

I've already said, thankfully he hasn't hindered anything. That does not mean it couldn't have - if somebody does criticise the ambition of the club it can hold resonance, however I can recognise, Arsenal, the club, the football we play (or are at least considered to play) and Wenger all still hold enough sway. It would've been better had he said something like: Arsenal are still a great club and a potentially great move for any player but after eight years I feel the time is right to try something new.

You can bet some players will choose Citeh or Chelsea ahead of us, players that we are after (like Mata) so I don't really see how it is clutching at straws when as a supporter you surely want the best possible scenario for your club, RVP talking about a conflict of views on going forward is not the best way to help bring those players in you apparently want for the team.

We're fortunate on Cazorla because of Malaga's situation but I am very pleased that's the case.

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 05:37 PM
I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last 8 years.

Is that not enough? Is not as if he shitted all over us with that statement. And believe, if a player is going to choose Chelsea or City over us, it has nothing to do with RVP's statement. The fact that we haven't won a single trophy in 7 years, our wage structure, our transfer policy and this rep for lacking ambition, which precedes Van Persie and his statement are the stumbling blocks. As a supporter, I realise that we will have the same problem with future players if we don't address these problems which is why I've gone past the point of blasting certain players. This is a mere symptom of our problems and there is little point in focussing all our energies on it.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 05:43 PM
No it isn't because he still said what I don't like. And to say it will have nothing to do with it is a little bit misguided: it's coming from a high profile player highlighting (re-highlighting) a high profile problem, the guy who supposedly loves the club. All of these things play a part because you can bet the agents will note it when trying to get their player to the best possible club for the biggest amount of money and I mean that just for themselves, not even for the player they represent.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Fergie hasn't travelled with United to a friendly in Oslo because he is trying to wrap up a deal for RVP this week, apparently.

I think this is more to do with Fergie knowing he needs to take things a little bit slower than he had been - he recently said he needs to do less travelling now.

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Did you not see the part I wrote about us not winning anything for 7 years or the fact that other players have been more blatant about our lack of ambition? Do you think our wage structure is a secret? Hasn't Board members and our coach even said we can't compete with clubs like City and Chelsea financially? Wouldn't those things be a more crucial sticking point for when a player weighs up moving to Arsenal or Chelsea?

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 06:01 PM
I did. I don't know how to reconcile it with what I think though, I mean those other guys are not longer part of the club, they have less of a responsibilty to be cautious - I'd rather they didn't say the oft-repated things but it's not going to be at the forefront of their minds anymore to think 'hold on, I'm an employee, hope I know what I am doing'.

And yes board members have said things I don't like. And Wenger has said things I don't like - the statement about saying you cannot be ambitious if you sell two of your best players was stupid but I'm not going to mention it as a defence for every player I take issue with, there's just no need to. Also, I know all that contributes, that's why regarding Van Persie I said it plays a part - I didn't indicate it was the full problem because I know that it isn't. It is the current and most relevant problem though.

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 06:12 PM
It's just a symptom of the problems we face. Players are always going to leave and right now, Theo still hasn't signed a new deal and there is a lot of noise about Song leaving. These guys might not be so diplomatic when their frustrations boil over. We have a host of players that have aired dirty laundry while still playing for us and it will continue to happen unless Wenger and the Board start making serious changes. I hope the message has finally got through to them this summer.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 06:18 PM
I think they'll both stay, might only be for a year but then, this season is of the only importance currently. Both qualify as homegrown, so if only for that reason.

Master Splinter
07-08-2012, 04:24 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2184916/Robin-van-Persie-looks-miserable-Arsenal-training.html

What a great article.

GP
07-08-2012, 04:27 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2184916/Robin-van-Persie-looks-miserable-Arsenal-training.html

What a great article.

By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER

Too ashamed to even put a name to it :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-08-2012, 04:35 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/361x498/aug_12/zp_149882670SM008_Arsenal_Tra_copy_7378.jpg?ic=913 52fT

Don't smile RVP, it ruins the article!

Marc Overmars
07-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Hope Diaby breaks that smirk off his face.

Globalgunner
07-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Hope Diaby breaks that smirk off his face.
Diaby couldnt break wind without having to be X-ray`d after it. He coulnt even break John Terrys jaw with his boot.

Ollie the Optimist
08-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Diaby couldnt break wind without having to be X-ray`d after it. He coulnt even break John Terrys jaw with his boot.

he broke nasri though :good:

KSE Comedy Club
08-08-2012, 02:51 PM
A few people on twitter are saying he's left the training camp and is on his way to utd.

server too busy!
08-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Surely that would assume they've agreed a fee etc.

Why do Utd even want him, they have Rooney, Wellbeck, Hernandez and Berbatov....hardly struggling for strikers. I know RvP is an upgrade, but only if he isn't injured. Seems a bit strange to block Wellbecks progress.

I_Killed_Kenny
08-08-2012, 02:58 PM
yer, seen similar reports but didnt think anything of it tbh. really wished we wouldnt let him go to one of the manc clubs! still, it is twitter after all so will wait to see if theres anything in it

KSE Comedy Club
08-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Part of me would like him to stay, but if he is intent on leaving then its better to fuck him off ASAP and start sorting out his replacement.

It's already dragged on too long as it is.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2012, 03:10 PM
He is still in Germany I think. It'd be good to get this sorted either way now though.

Kano
08-08-2012, 03:12 PM
wellbeck :lol:

GP
08-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Wellshit :lol:

Marc Overmars
08-08-2012, 03:21 PM
My Manc friend doesn't really see how RVP would fit in at United, given Rooney is the main guy and Fergie loves Welbeck and Hernandez. He reckons Fergie might get him just because he's under pressure to bring in a marquee player.

Munchies
08-08-2012, 03:22 PM
A few people on twitter are saying he's left the training camp and is on his way to utd.

Already all done according to this twitter image along with Moura and Baines
https://p.twimg.com/AzyOdjhCEAEp7-J.jpg

Gooner23
08-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Already all done according to this twitter image along with Moura and Baines
https://p.twimg.com/AzyOdjhCEAEp7-J.jpg

Do people actually believe this shit? Glad I'm not on twitter :lol:

Seymour Butts
08-08-2012, 03:39 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/robin-van-persie-transfer-latest-1236407

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/907904-manchester-united-step-up-chase-to-sign-arsenal-striker-robin-van-persie

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arsenal-striker-robin-van-persie-set-to-join-manchester-united-8022356.html

selassie
08-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Wenger sells our stars but not to Man United...I'd be really surprised if this happens......

I_Killed_Kenny
08-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Meh, they dont really say too much. Usual bollocks.

Munchies
08-08-2012, 03:44 PM
RVP is trending worldwide on twitter now.

Mood is United have upped their offer to £20m and have been granted permission now to speak with him.

Kano
08-08-2012, 03:56 PM
twitter :lol:

20m :lol:

Marc Overmars
08-08-2012, 04:09 PM
I can see it going to deadline day.

Ollie the Optimist
08-08-2012, 04:18 PM
i actually dont care if we sell him to united. i want the **** gone, i would rather sell him to united then keep him. that statement showed his true colours and i dont want him at our club.

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Sell him to United then keep him... cunning as a fox.

I like it.

fari
08-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Wenger sells our stars but not to Man United...I'd be really surprised if this happens......

me too. this is a strange development akin to figo leaving barca several years ago

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2012, 08:14 PM
We hate you so much because we loved you so much.

:(

Letters
08-08-2012, 08:29 PM
i actually dont care if we sell him to united. i want the **** gone, i would rather sell him to united then keep him. that statement showed his true colours and i dont want him at our club.
I don't care if we sell him - but I do hope we just sort it out quickly.
I don't want him sold to Utd though. It would be a final admission that we're no longer credible competitors to Utd (which might, in practice, be true, but I don't want it underlined).
Rather sell him abroad. If it is to another English club then I'd choose City as they're not a proper club and anything they 'achieve' is tainted.

selassie
08-08-2012, 09:05 PM
RVP is trending worldwide on twitter now.

Mood is United have upped their offer to £20m and have been granted permission now to speak with him.

We wont sell him to Man United. Wenger would walk out of principle if we did. Remember what he said about Nasri last season when United were keen on him.

Marc Overmars
08-08-2012, 09:09 PM
If United pay up, we'll sell no doubt about it IMO.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Fergie after the Barcelona friendly:

Sir Alex Ferguson says he is persevering in his bid to sign Robin van Persie after losing out on Lucas Moura.

With PSG declaring they have won the race to sign Brazilian Lucas for a club record fee, speculation has been rife that the Reds are stepping up attempts to land the Arsenal captain. Although the Gunners would clearly prefer to sell to a club outside of the Barclays Premier League, the boss is hopeful a deal can be struck.

"I can't give you any more information," he said when asked about van Persie. "We have made a bid and they've been trying to negotiate with other clubs. We just have to persevere. Hopefully it will come our way. We're trying our best but there's no progress at this moment in time.

"I don't have a gut feeling on it at the moment, I must admit. We're not getting any breakthrough with Arsenal. It's difficult to say why they're operating this way. I don't know what their thoughts are because they're not giving anything away."

Regarding Lucas' sale from Sao Paulo, it is further evidence that the cash-laden Parisiens mean business in the transfer market.

"I find it quite amazing that a club can pay €45million for a 19-year-old boy," Sir Alex continued. "To make a mark on everyone - to tell everyone that PSG are here - they've signed Thiago Silva from Milan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

"They must have spent about £150m in the last month. As you know, the only deterrent to that is UEFA. In the conditions of European football, you don't qualify for Europe by winning the league or coming second - you only get in by invitation. That's where, hopefully, UEFA can have some power. When somebody's paying £45m for a 19-year-old boy you have to say the game's gone mad."

AKBapologist
08-08-2012, 09:20 PM
By going public it seems that he's trying to get RVP to force his way out. Your move Mr Perise.

Marc Overmars
08-08-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm fairly resigned now to him being a United player soon enough.

:sick:

Maestro
08-08-2012, 09:35 PM
By effectively and openly agitating for a move, he dissed us ...but actually pushing for a move to utd, he's a ****

i will let him rot before we sell to utd ...let him run his contract down on the bench and in the carling cup team, fuck him

but this is the real world and the club as a business would rather take the money

AKBapologist
08-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Would rather he played out his final year tbh. He'd play his heart out knowing that he'd be in for a bumper pay day on a free - and from our perspective, he'd be 30 when he leaves, we'd have gotten more than good value from his service and if he hung around and enabled us to progress to a cup final or two, and maybe win something, monetarily as well as symbolically, it would be worth more than a 20mill transfer to our rivals.

I kinda think the club see's it the same way. Only a very public RVP sulk could deliever him to united now.

Ollie the Optimist
08-08-2012, 09:41 PM
I don't care if we sell him - but I do hope we just sort it out quickly.
I don't want him sold to Utd though. It would be a final admission that we're no longer credible competitors to Utd (which might, in practice, be true, but I don't want it underlined).
Rather sell him abroad. If it is to another English club then I'd choose City as they're not a proper club and anything they 'achieve' is tainted.

i disagree, united won nothing last year, have signed two players this year, one is a player who retired a year ago and one is a good player. if we sell him to them, they ahve naother good player but one who thrives in a system set for him, united wont do that given rooney is the main man. also if we strengthen, and by the osunds of it we have replacements in mind, then i would argue we are in as good a possition as united. lets say we sell, and sign llorente or soemone else of that quality then we have strengthened more then united have. yes they will have signed a world class striker in rvp, but we have will have three, so we are sorted.

i also think selling him even to united doesnt mean we are competing etc (only if we get a llorente in) because imo its saying, fuck off robin, we dont care about you, we have replacements in, we are ready. so far we have signed three genunie top quality players, when have we said that? replace rvp with another similar player and we have a better squad then united imo. think its right to sell, he needs to fuck off.

Kano
08-08-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm fairly resigned now to him being a United player soon enough.

:sick:

it is seemingly his only real option. arsenal do not want to sell to city and juventus along with the italian league is a mess once more, so it doesn't help our negotiation stance on top of the whole rvp statement

Kano
08-08-2012, 10:04 PM
We hate you so much because we loved you so much.

:(
aye

Xhaka Can’t
08-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Would rather he played out his final year tbh. He'd play his heart out knowing that he'd be in for a bumper pay day on a free - and from our perspective, he'd be 30 when he leaves, we'd have gotten more than good value from his service and if he hung around and enabled us to progress to a cup final or two, and maybe win something, monetarily as well as symbolically, it would be worth more than a 20mill transfer to our rivals.

I kinda think the club see's it the same way. Only a very public RVP sulk could deliever him to united now.

This (unfortunately apart from your final sentence).

Ollie the Optimist
08-08-2012, 10:05 PM
it is seemingly his only real option. arsenal do not want to sell to city and juventus along with the italian league is a mess once more, so it doesn't help our negotiation stance on top of the whole rvp statement

then it shows what an utter disloyal judas **** van persie is for releasing that statement

Kano
08-08-2012, 10:13 PM
then it shows what an utter disloyal judas **** van persie is for releasing that statement

his statement came after conte's arrest, so you have to imagine that the manchester clubs were his targets back then. as McNamara rightly said on the last page - we're only angry because he was such a fav with us.

gooners
08-08-2012, 10:15 PM
By going public it seems that he's trying to get RVP to force his way out. Your move Mr Perise.

errm.....he's already said he wants out.

AKBapologist
08-08-2012, 10:23 PM
errm.....he's already said he wants out.
He said he won't be signing a new contract. It doesn't exclude the possiblity of him running his current one down.

gooners
08-08-2012, 10:24 PM

But it was okay for the club chairman, whilst they've slapped a gagging order on RVP, to come out and indirectly say he's only after money and not loyal like the Giggs of this world? When he decided to tell his side of things IN THE SAME WAY, he is a traitor?

Tell you what, why hasn't Hill-wood and co invested any of their own money in the club? At least the likes of abrahmovich puts their own money into thier clubs --- not to increase their share values then flog them off to make a tidy sum!

gooners
08-08-2012, 10:25 PM
He said he won't be signing a new contract. It doesn't exclude the possiblity of him running his current one down.

And that would be in his best interest how?

AKBapologist
08-08-2012, 10:28 PM
And that would be in his best interest how?

Players who can join clubs on a free get massive signing on bonuses if there any good.

gooners
08-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Players who can join clubs on a free get massive signing on bonuses if there any good.

well, not when you are 30 and looking for a long term contract.

Power n Glory
08-08-2012, 10:31 PM
But it was okay for the club chairman, whilst they've slapped a gagging order on RVP, to come out and indirectly say he's only after money and not loyal like the Giggs of this world? When he decided to tell his side of things IN THE SAME WAY, he is a traitor?

Tell you what, why hasn't Hill-wood and co invested any of their own money in the club? At least the likes of abrahmovich puts their own money into thier clubs --- not to increase their share values then flog them off to make a tidy sum!

:gp:

The Giggs comparison is funny. United look after their old players, even when they're on the decline. We push them out the door quickly so we can make as much money off them before their valuation plummets.

AKBapologist
08-08-2012, 10:35 PM
well, not when you are 30 and looking for a long term contract.
Depends on how good a season you had before hand. If all the top clubs are interested, they'd all be willing to offer 3-4 year contracts at silly wages knowing they didn't have to give anyone a transfer fee.

Xhaka Can’t
08-08-2012, 10:38 PM

Lets leave aside what I think of Van Persie's tactics here.

I find it staggering that a man who was part of a cabal that profited to the tune of half a billion pounds without investing a penny in the club has the temerity to spout about player greed.

gooners
08-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Depends on how good a season you had before hand. If all the top clubs are interested, they'd all be willing to offer 3-4 year contracts at silly wages knowing they didn't have to give anyone a transfer fee.

would arsenal offer that kind of contract? ---- actually, you said 'top club'.

But then I doubt any player at that age, in their right mind, would take such a chance. What if they get a serious injury? Not a sensible chance to take.

Ollie the Optimist
08-08-2012, 10:46 PM

The Giggs comparison is funny. United look after their old players, even when they're on the decline. We push them out the door quickly so we can make as much money off them before their valuation plummets.

right, so you are ignoring the fact that we stood by van persie through 8 years of injuries?

The Ogg Monster
08-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Ive decided RvP is staying now so its all ok. We have the best attack in the PL.

Power n Glory
09-08-2012, 12:25 AM
right, so you are ignoring the fact that we stood by van persie through 8 years of injuries?

Yeah, we did that out of the kindness of our own hearts. Please!

Yeah, he's been injured a lot but I don't think our medical staff have done a good job of looking after him. But besides that, he's been with the club for 8 years since his youth and is close to retirement. When a player retires from his career, he wants to at least have no regrets about his career. If he's not convinced that we can win a title while he's still in his prime, then it's best he does what's right for him. 8 years is a long time to stay at one club especially when you haven't won anything. He's been here long than some of the Invincible players.

Also, he's not obligated to sign a new deal. It's a contract between both parties agreed to and once it's up he can move on. He says he's not extending the deal now it's up to the club to make a decision.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2012, 01:00 AM
FFS

Came back home from work and saw this thread had quite a few pages since i saw it last so thought he had fucked off

Apparently not :(

KSE Comedy Club
09-08-2012, 07:58 AM
So the fact remains that RVP doesn't want to play for arsenal anymore.

So let's cut the crap and hope the club sells him ASAP for as much money as possible.

At the end of the day we support Arsenal FC not RVP FC.

Let's support the players that actually want to be here and play for the shirt.

LDG
09-08-2012, 08:22 AM

So let's cut the crap and hope the club sells him ASAP for as much money as possible.

Bloody right.

I_Killed_Kenny
09-08-2012, 08:37 AM

DAMN FUCKING SKIPPY! Good post mate!

Grebbo
09-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Now the Mancs have missed out on that Brazilian kid I expect them to go all out for RVP.

They paid £18m for Ashley Young who had the same contract position as RVP so I'm not sure why they're dicking around with paltry bids for the best striker in the league.

In Wenger's head RVP is already sold. There's no way he'd have bought two strikers otherwise. He's taken him to Germany so clubs wanting him don't smell that we're resigned to selling him and therefore reduce their offers.

RVP is gone.

KSE Comedy Club
09-08-2012, 09:15 AM
I like our style though.

RVP can go for £20m, except to utd where he'll cost £25m.

LDG
09-08-2012, 09:21 AM

Bloody right too.

Power n Glory
09-08-2012, 10:01 AM
So RVP isn't refusing to train and that talk about him refusing to go to Asia was probably rubbish side he's going to Germany.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Well seeing as he didnt go to Asia, i doubt it was rubbish

Power n Glory
09-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Poldiski and Giroud didn't go either. Did they refuse to train too?

Cripps_orig
09-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Podolski and Giroud are new signings and stayed behind to work on their fitness/get used to England

RVP is our star player and captain of the club

dazthegooner
09-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Podolski and Giroud are new signings and stayed behind to work on their fitness/get used to England

RVP is our star player and captain of the club

Not anymore he isn't he's leaving remember? and our one season captain this season will be Song before he move's to Barca next season ;)

Xhaka Can’t
09-08-2012, 10:15 AM
People are putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with all kinds of answers. If Van Persie refused to go to Asia why would he travel now and why would Wenger want him to?

People need to sense check some of their views.

Power n Glory
09-08-2012, 10:20 AM
People are putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with all kinds of answers. If Van Persie refused to go to Asia why would he travel now and why would Wenger want him to?

People need to sense check some of their views.

Exactly. Merts and Kosienly didn't travel either.

dazthegooner
09-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Probably down to the fact they all went to the Euro's Arsenal always give players more time when coming off a tournament.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Exactly. Merts and Kosienly didn't travel either.

Neither of them demanded a move though...

We cant take every player we have on tour. Im sure there are dozens of youth players we didnt take either. None of them have demanded to leave though so whats your point?

We all know RVP is money hungry, that much is obvious to everyone.

Fuck him

Power n Glory
09-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Neither of them demanded a move though...

We cant take every player we have on tour. Im sure there are dozens of youth players we didnt take either. None of them have demanded to leave though so whats your point?

We all know RVP is money hungry, that much is obvious to everyone.

Fuck him

And you're the same guy praising Flamini on another thread. :lol:

So why has he decided to go to Germany if he has that sort of power? Especially when people are talking as of he's a due a medical at United anytime soon. Use some common sense.

Some discussions on here are pointless and I might as well call it a day. There is no consistency and it's like people just fail to connect the dots when faced with these situations. You talk about the club going backwards and seem able to identify why we haven't won anything for 7 years, but lose all sense of perspective when history repeats itself. Brainfarts all over the place and it's embarrassing.

IBK
09-08-2012, 10:44 AM
TBH I am sick of the whole tawdry world of football - and shitty transfer saga's like RVP's. I'm beyond caring where he goes.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Flamini honoured his contract. He was entitled to leave at the end of it. Extremely loyal of him to stay til the end of his contract.

RVP is crying for a move now after one decent season and 7 injury prone ones. He thinks hes a billy big bollocks so like i said fuck him.

Why has he gone to Germany? Probably cos its closer than Asia tbh

KSE Comedy Club
09-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Honestly, what is the point defending him?

He wants out ffs, who gives a fuck if he refused to go on the tour or not.

This seems to be becoming an endless crusade to paint him in some holy light or something.

Arsenal have done what he asked, whether it was proactive or reactive, what the fuck does it matter?

Weve added 3 good players, one world class and more importantly, 3 players that have experience of winning silverware.

We have strengthened the team and are still looking to add more by all reports.

And yet RVP still wants out and to Utd it seems.

RVP doesnt want to stay here. He's not a legend, he hasnt been our best player for more than one season in eight years, and we'll move on without him.

KSE Comedy Club
09-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Flamini honoured his contract. He was entitled to leave at the end of it. Extremely loyal of him to stay til the end of his contract.

RVP is crying for a move now after one decent season and 7 injury prone ones. He thinks hes a billy big bollocks so like i said fuck him.

And because he wants to be match fit for when the season starts.

At whichever club that is.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2012, 10:53 AM

Exactly

We're basically getting him fit for another club. We should have told him to fuck off when he decided to come to Germany.

Hes a **** of the highest order and hope he fucks off asap

GP
09-08-2012, 10:53 AM
I honestly don't know how people can defend him over this.

No one has denied that the club has made mistakes or bad decisions, but none of that excuses his behaviour.

Fuck him. He's a cunt

Power n Glory
09-08-2012, 10:56 AM

If he's training, there is a possibility that he'll stay for a year. He's just refused to sign a new deal. You guys get led astray by the media or just wilfully ignorant. It's not about painting RVP as a saint, just not believing all the bullshit in the press. If he went to Asia, you'd still talk some nonsense as if it were a smokescreen move.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2012, 10:56 AM

This seems to be becoming an endless crusade to paint him in some holy light or something.

Arsenal have done what he asked, whether it was proactive or reactive, what the fuck does it matter?

Weve added 3 good players, one world class and more importantly, 3 players that have experience of winning silverware.

RVP doesnt want to stay here. He's not a legend, he hasnt been our best player for more than one season in eight years, and we'll move on without him.

Pretty much

When all is said and done and Arsenal are no more and on judgement day, God asks Arsenal fans who was our best striker, RVP wont even get a mention. Hes the new Christopher Wreh tbh

Actually harsh on Wreh cos his goals helped us win a double tbh

Cripps_orig
09-08-2012, 10:57 AM
If he's training, there is a possibility that he'll stay for a year. He's just refused to sign a new deal. You guys get led astray by the media or just wilfully ignorant. It's not about painting RVP as a saint, just not believing all the bullshit in the press. If he went to Asia, you'd still talk some nonsense as if it were a smokescreen move.

Or as Jeebus said, he wants to get fit for another club

Power n Glory
09-08-2012, 10:58 AM
:lol: A complete waste of time. Fuck it.

GP
09-08-2012, 11:00 AM

Absolutely right.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2012, 11:01 AM
:lol: A complete waste of time. Fuck it.

Why?

Lots of players go on tour for their club and then leave during or after it

Why do you think RVP is so different? Are you that infatuated by him to think hes done nothing wrong? Open your eyes and see whats right in front of you

gooners
09-08-2012, 11:04 AM

And what is the point in just making shit up and losing all perspective just to bash a player.

We are all farking fans! Just because some refuse to bash a player just because he wants out doesn't make make us any less fans.

It is a debate board.

KSE Comedy Club
09-08-2012, 11:09 AM

I dont know about everyone else, but I couldnt give two fucks about what the media say.

All I can see is our club captain wanting to leave after one great season and not stay with the club I support.

So for me, he can get fucked based purely on that alone.

Ollie the Optimist
09-08-2012, 11:12 AM
And what is the point in just making shit up and losing all perspective just to bash a player.

We are all farking fans! Just because some refuse to bash a player just because he wants out doesn't make make us any less fans.

It is a debate board.

can i ask what shit he has made up in the post you ahve quoted?

gooners
09-08-2012, 11:18 AM

can i ask what shit he has made up in the post you ahve quoted?

I replied to all that similar shit you made up earlier. I wont repeat myself. Go back in the thread if you want an answer.

But then the coolest and fashionable thing to do is go around saying fark him, traitor, greedy ****. That will make me a fan.

Ollie the Optimist
09-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Yeah, we did that out of the kindness of our own hearts. Please!

Yeah, he's been injured a lot but I don't think our medical staff have done a good job of looking after him. But besides that, he's been with the club for 8 years since his youth and is close to retirement. When a player retires from his career, he wants to at least have no regrets about his career. If he's not convinced that we can win a title while he's still in his prime, then it's best he does what's right for him. 8 years is a long time to stay at one club especially when you haven't won anything. He's been here long than some of the Invincible players.

Also, he's not obligated to sign a new deal. It's a contract between both parties agreed to and once it's up he can move on. He says he's not extending the deal now it's up to the club to make a decision.

so you say united stand by their old players and look after them and we dont then dimiss the fact that we actually give injury prone players a chance, clichy, rvp, diaby etc, we stood by them all through their problems. we stood by rvp through his rape case, we gave him eveything we could to make sure he could succed. he then throws it back in our face.

you say who wants to look back at their career with no trophies, but where was van persie when we needed to win stuff, where was he during the finals we have been in? injured most of the time, just because we dont win stuff doesnt mean the players arent to blame, we lost the cc final two years ago, the players are too blame there, i am fed up with this bullshit from players saying i want to win stuff and acting as if they are free from blame for not winning with the club they leave

LDG
09-08-2012, 11:20 AM
He can fuck of out of it.

Utd, City, Juve? Who gives a shit. He's a ****. And he can do one.

If he wants to do a u-turn, also fine, but it'll have to be along the lines of:

"I thought I'd let you guys, the fans know, that I love you guys. And because the support you guys have showed me last year, I thought I'd tell you guys first that if you go to my website, there's a statement just for you guys, and not the media. And it says sorry to all of you guys that I made a mistake, and I want to stay at the club where my heart is, and I love you guys"

If he doesn't say eactly those words, then he can go and play fucking dressage at Utd.

Ollie the Optimist
09-08-2012, 11:21 AM
I replied to all that similar shit you made up earlier. I wont repeat myself. Go back in the thread if you want an answer.

But then the coolest and fashionable thing to do is go around saying fark him, traitor, greedy ****. That will make me a fan.

oh you are still aruging the fact we signed giroud after the statement?

KSE Comedy Club
09-08-2012, 11:25 AM
But then the coolest and fashionable thing to do is go around saying fark him, traitor, greedy ****. That will make me a fan.Oh dear :rolleyes:

Joker
09-08-2012, 11:32 AM
I doubt he's refused to train, given that he's going to Germany and we actually saw him in training before we went off on the Asia tour. Personally, like I said before I don't think losing him will be a big loss at all, and I expect him to flatter to deceive at Old Trafford, but there's some revisionism going on here re: RVP, from people who treated him like a saint last season and thought he could do no wrong. Last season, people were making all sorts of excuses when I argued that he failed to produce in big matches, and posters like Ollie castigated me for it. Now, he's making the same arguments I did last season!.

And I find it hypocritical that some of the unfair criticisms against RVP made in this thread (that he doesn't want to train) are getting a free reign, while the (IMO) more relevant criticisms I made last season were treated as blasphemy. I know people will say it's because he's now wanting to leave so he's become a villain, but this lack of consistency makes it hard to get a debate going tbh.

Ollie the Optimist
09-08-2012, 11:34 AM
I doubt he's refused to train, given that he's going to Germany and we actually saw him in training before we went off on the Asia tour. Personally, like I said before I don't think losing him will be a big loss at all, and I expect him to flatter to deceive at Old Trafford, but there's some revisionism going on here re: RVP, from people who treated him like a saint last season and thought he could do no wrong. Last season, people were making all sorts of excuses when I argued that he failed to produce in big matches, and posters like Ollie castigated me for it. Now, he's making the same arguments I did last season!.

And I find it hypocritical that some of the unfair criticisms against RVP made in this thread (that he doesn't want to train) are getting a free reign, while the (IMO) more relevant criticisms I made last season were treated as blasphemy. I know people will say it's because he's now wanting to leave so he's become a villain, but this lack of consistency makes it hard to get a debate going tbh.

your arguments that he was shit, when he had scored 44 goals in 45 games etc, was what i castigated you for because quite frankly they were moronic arguments

Ollie the Optimist
09-08-2012, 11:35 AM
the reason he deserves no defending and utter hatred is because of that statement. no club captain does thtat. if he had come otu and just said i dont want to renew and left it at that then fine, easy to deal with but that statement was vile and showed exactly what he is. loyal to only himself and wanting his way and at all costs

Joker
09-08-2012, 11:44 AM
your arguments that he was shit, when he had scored 44 goals in 45 games etc, was what i castigated you for because quite frankly they were moronic arguments

You also defended him against my claim that he didn't score in the big games against the big teams, and yet you repeat the same argument a few posts back.

Kano
09-08-2012, 11:44 AM
when I failed to argue that he did not produce in big matches
i remember that

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-08-2012, 11:52 AM

you know what im coming to terms with rvp leaving and now cazorla has arrived my reluctance to let him go has dwindled.

rvp was critical for us last year and i dont think the signings of podolski + giroud on its own was enough to replace him. however, now we've bought cazorla it completely changes the picture. we've suddenly got plenty more creativity in our attack. lets not forget the reason rvp was hugely monumental last season was because we had noone else to open up the opposition defence. the signing of cazorla, alongside giroud and the pod, means the burden of weight is now shared.

while signing only podolski and giroud would not have offset the loss of rvp, i think podolski, giroud and cazorla does. so he can fuck off.

Ollie the Optimist
09-08-2012, 11:59 AM
You also defended him against my claim that he didn't score in the big games against the big teams, and yet you repeat the same argument a few posts back.

no my argument was more that he was injured so didnt produce in the big games. you argue he doesnt score agianst big teams, he has goals against spurs, chelsea, liverpool, newcastle, united last year. big teams there.

Joker
09-08-2012, 12:05 PM
no my argument was more that he was injured so didnt produce in the big games. you argue he doesnt score agianst big teams, he has goals against spurs, chelsea, liverpool, newcastle, united last year. big teams there.

But you can't have it both ways, either he was injured in the big games or he has regularly scored in the big games. You can't be injured while also scoring in the most important matches of the season.

Thierrymon
09-08-2012, 12:18 PM
so you say united stand by their old players and look after them and we dont then dimiss the fact that we actually give injury prone players a chance, clichy, rvp, diaby etc, we stood by them all through their problems. we stood by rvp through his rape case, we gave him eveything we could to make sure he could succed. he then throws it back in our face.

you say who wants to look back at their career with no trophies, but where was van persie when we needed to win stuff, where was he during the finals we have been in? injured most of the time, just because we dont win stuff doesnt mean the players arent to blame, we lost the cc final two years ago, the players are too blame there, i am fed up with this bullshit from players saying i want to win stuff and acting as if they are free from blame for not winning with the club they leave

Power n Glory
09-08-2012, 12:52 PM

Ollie has lost his mind. Just look at this.....

Power n Glory
09-08-2012, 12:58 PM

Then goes on to say this.....

:lol: Come on now....seriously! How moronic is that?

Xhaka Can’t
09-08-2012, 01:05 PM
He was the difference between us finishing 3rd and somewhere around 7th-12th. Last season, he was remarkable - one of the best performances over a season I have ever seen.

However, his loss now should not be as badly felt as feared at the end of last season because of the early transfer activity undertaken by the Club. Which is a major step up on how we handled things last season.

My preference is for us to get him out the door if we can shift him abroad. If not, I'd rather he sees out his contract with us, providing a bit of continuity up front, then wherever he goes next season is his own business.

Joker
09-08-2012, 01:11 PM
He was the difference between us finishing 3rd and somewhere around 7th-12th. Last season, he was remarkable - one of the best performances over a season I have ever seen.

However, his loss now should not be as badly felt as feared at the end of last season because of the early transfer activity undertaken by the Club. Which is a major step up on how we handled things last season.

My preference is for us to get him out the door if we can shift him abroad. If not, I'd rather he sees out his contract with us, providing a bit of continuity up front, then wherever he goes next season is his own business.

Agreed, I just want this saga over with now tbh.

LDG
09-08-2012, 02:11 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/575978_10151016845333580_1756120181_n.jpg

selassie
09-08-2012, 03:10 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/575978_10151016845333580_1756120181_n.jpg

The Ogg Monster
09-08-2012, 03:13 PM
... I feel a caption competition coming.

LDG
09-08-2012, 04:09 PM
:ninja:

fakeyank
09-08-2012, 05:45 PM
What am I seeing here? Flavs leaves, people defending a c*nt who wants to leave and no Wenger bashing going on.. WTF!

Kyle?
09-08-2012, 11:05 PM
What am I seeing here? Flavs leaves, people defending a c*nt who wants to leave and no Wenger bashing going on.. WTF!

Wenger is a turnip....

LDG
10-08-2012, 08:36 AM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s480x480/430318_10151017424018580_605106513_n.jpg

Asthmatic Kitty
12-08-2012, 11:29 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7984543/RVP-will-play-for-Arsenal

speculation that he'll retain the captain's armband today? no thanks!

KSE Comedy Club
12-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Today's rumour:

RVP has signed a 3 year contract with utd @ £200 kpw.

Fee is £25m.

Master Splinter
13-08-2012, 03:57 AM
"There's no news on van Persie," Wenger told the Sun. "Our fans want him to stay so you can understand they are excited. Anything I could say about van Persie would be a lie because he's our player and that's it.

"Robin scored 30 goals last season and you want to keep your best player. He was player of the year in England. We want to keep him. I cannot tell you more at the moment because I don't know more.

"We have not bought the players to replace van Persie, but to strengthen our squad with the thinking van Persie will stay. That's still my mind at the moment."
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1133180/arsenal-boss-arsene-wenger-expects-robin-van-persie-to-stay?cc=5739

GP
13-08-2012, 08:13 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1133180/arsenal-boss-arsene-wenger-expects-robin-van-persie-to-stay?cc=5739

We have not bought the players to replace van Persie, but to strengthen our squad with the thinking van Persie will stay.

And there you have it.

LDG
13-08-2012, 08:16 AM
And there you have it.

Well he's obviously lying :sulk:

Xhaka Can’t
13-08-2012, 02:04 PM
You can't handle the truth!

Grebbo
13-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Check out the all too briefly shown scuffle :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2oQE4Sf_nM

Unai Tea
13-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Check out the all too briefly shown scuffle :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2oQE4Sf_nM

Why is RVP wearing a sports bra? Is that the snood of 2012-13?

Grebbo
13-08-2012, 06:25 PM
GPS fitness stats bullshit bra

Cripps_orig
13-08-2012, 11:40 PM
ARSENAL were last night set to cave in and strike a deal with Manchester United for Robin van Persie.
They are ready to start serious talks with United boss Alex Ferguson hoping to seal a £22million move before the weekend’s Premier League opener.
United and Italian giants Juventus have yet to improve offers of £15m.
But Van Persie, 29, was jeered by his own fans in Sunday’s win over Cologne in Germany and is now desperate for a move to be completed.
United see that as the opening to force through a deal.
Arsenal were demanding £25m for the Dutch striker, who has just one year left on his contract.
But the club will now settle for less — rather than have a player on their books who does not want to be there and could become a hate figure for the fans.
RVP scored 37 goals in all competitions last term, 30 of them in the Premier League.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4486111/Robin-van-Persie-transfer-Man-Utds-22m-deal-as-Arsenal-give-in.html#ixzz23TMR9RVE

Have we ever sold a player for what we wanted?

We always seem to give in

mastermind84
14-08-2012, 04:51 AM
Have we ever sold a player for what we wanted?

We always seem to give in
2 things

first, um Nasri?

Secondly, if the RVP story is true which I am skeptical over, it would be two straight summers of selling player in the last 11 months of his contract for over 20 million. I wan to know other clubs who have done that?

Marc Overmars
14-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Have we sold this chump yet?

Xhaka Can’t
14-08-2012, 07:31 AM
I wouldn't waste too much time being logical if I were you.

IBK
14-08-2012, 08:51 AM
2 things

first, um Nasri?

Secondly, if the RVP story is true which I am skeptical over, it would be two straight summers of selling player in the last 11 months of his contract for over 20 million. I wan to know other clubs who have done that?

Right - £22M for a want away 29 year old with a poor injury record and one year left on his contract? No brainer.

GP
14-08-2012, 08:54 AM
As long as we spend it.

IBK
14-08-2012, 08:56 AM
As long as we spend it.

:lol: Already spent.

LDG
14-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Arsene is playing a massive game of swapsies.

Ollie the Optimist
14-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Arsene is playing a massive game of swapsies.

he swapped vela for podolski and ozyakup for cazorla. wenger is winning :bow:

Unai Tea
14-08-2012, 11:16 AM
he swapped vela for podolski and ozyakup for cazorla. wenger is winning :bow:

If he can swap Chamakh for a pile of shite, we'd be even further ahead of the game.

Ollie the Optimist
14-08-2012, 11:17 AM
united only outperformed us in one competition last year and like us they didnt win anything. of course van persie will strengthen them, a world class striker would, but he cant perform like he did for us iwthout a system set up for him. i would say even with selling van persie we have still strengthened more then united have, and almost caught up with them, they choked massively last season, whats to say they wont again?

Cripps_orig
14-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Oh dear

LDG
14-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Oh dear

Just wipe it up. Nobody will notice.

LDG
14-08-2012, 11:28 AM
united only outperformed us in one competition last year and like us they didnt win anything. of course van persie will strengthen them, a world class striker would, but he cant perform like he did for us iwthout a system set up for him. i would say even with selling van persie we have still strengthened more then united have, and almost caught up with them, they choked massively last season, whats to say they wont again?

Utd will always be ahead of us, until we either a) open up, massively, a gulf in class, or b) we learn to man up.

Fergie's presence makes most comparisons null and void, because he seems to find a way of getting the best out of the shittest of teams. And we have bottled it against them too many times for it to be a co-incidence. We've had much better teams than them over the last few years, but they have a much better attitude, and have a degree of tactical nouse....something we've lacked big time.

By giving them RVP we will be making them better. When the best thing we could do, seeing as they're struggling to attract talent, is flog him for cheap to Juve.

V-Pig
14-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Sell him, wait for the injury, and then fax them a picture of all the Arsenal squad pointing and laughing.

Letters
14-08-2012, 11:31 AM
It would be mad to sell him to Utd at any price. Makes them stronger, makes us weakness. Why would we do that to a team we're supposed to be trying to compete with? Sell him to City - they're not a real club anyway, I'm not interested in trying to compete with them - or flog him abroad. And FFS sort it out sooner rather than later...although it already is later, I guess.

V-Pig
14-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Not as mad as Chelsea giving us Benayoun, who helped us finish above them, for a year. At least we'd get £20m compensation out of it.

Marc Overmars
14-08-2012, 11:35 AM
It's going all the way to deadline day.

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-08-2012, 11:40 AM
It's going all the way to deadline day.

http://e0.365dm.com/11/11/660x350/Jim-WhiteSSN-IPad-app-26915_2679777.jpg

LDG
14-08-2012, 11:41 AM
http://e0.365dm.com/11/11/660x350/Jim-WhiteSSN-IPad-app-26915_2679777.jpg

What's Jim White doing in Maccy's appartment :angry:

Cripps_orig
14-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Can see it being the most exciting deadline day ever tbh

Always is

The excitement football fans feel when John Smith of Macclesfield joins Lincoln City for £200k. Oooh the shivers down my spine

I_Killed_Kenny
14-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Seems like juve may well sign lloriente. Can they still afford rvp? There was something written that his agent wants 4m as well

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-08-2012, 11:43 AM

What if.... they're the same person? :o

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2012, 11:44 AM

I bet 'Arry is somewhere to the far right of that picture too. http://www.bbc.co.uk/dnaimages/boards/images/all_emoticons/f_grr.gif

Fist of Lehmann
14-08-2012, 11:49 AM
What if.... they're the same person? :o

Tbf, I've never seen them in the same room together.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2012, 01:28 PM
That ABCDEFCamden guy thinks he will be going. :wave:

My RVP 100 goals DVD. :lol:

Alwful Christmas present.

Cripps_orig
14-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Hope he stays for the opening game of the season tbh and comes on off the bench.

Would love to hear the reaction he gets.

From what ive read from the Cologne match, the reaction was mixed but that could be down to the Germans booing the Dutch

LDG
14-08-2012, 01:30 PM

Where to though....

Fuckin Utd scum :angry:

Ollie the Optimist
14-08-2012, 01:32 PM

arsenal have taken it off their online shopping :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Where to though....

I guess Man Utd, Citeh might throw in a silly offer like they did for Berbatov at the last minute but Gill and Fergie will be ready to kidnap him. Allegedly.

Ollie the Optimist
14-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Where to though....

his tweet was rvp to united very likely

Cripps_orig
14-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Dont care where he goes

Just need him to fuck off asap

Marc Overmars
14-08-2012, 02:05 PM
I've never hoped a player flops as much as I am now if/when RVP joins United.

An innocuous looking challenge that keeps him out for 6 months is also welcome.

LDG
14-08-2012, 02:08 PM
@AFCAMDEN now saying that Sahin comes in once RVP goes to Utd. And also that it's now a question of 1 in 1 out when it comes to transfers. All to do with squad size and not money.

LDG
14-08-2012, 02:13 PM
22 Mil :wave:

Marc Overmars
14-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Sounds like it's a case of 'when' now.

:wave:

I_Killed_Kenny
14-08-2012, 02:19 PM
sell him to utd today, watch him get injured in the internationals, out for the season! now that would be funny!

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Song's chipped balls. :rose:

He's going to have to come up with something different now.

LDG
14-08-2012, 02:25 PM
sell him to utd today, watch him get injured in the internationals, out for the season! now that would be funny!

Well bunged in with all today's rumours, is that RVP won't play for Holland, and that he's allowed to go and sign on for Utd :shrug:

Van Gaal didn't seem that interested in playing him last week anyway.....

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Vermaelen, you know what to do.

I_Killed_Kenny
14-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Well bunged in with all today's rumours, is that RVP won't play for Holland, and that he's allowed to go and sign on for Utd :shrug:

Van Gaal didn't seem that interested in playing him last week anyway.....

oh well, thats my wish out the window.

still, lets hope that frimpong is ready for our 1st game v them, he did say that he would give rvp some beats if he left. you know he will stick to that!