PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye RVP!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

Marc Overmars
14-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Song's chipped balls. :rose:

He's going to have to come up with something different now.

Maybe Giroud can drill in volleys though.

:(

KSE Comedy Club
14-08-2012, 03:42 PM
@AFCAMDEN now saying that Sahin comes in once RVP goes to Utd. And also that it's now a question of 1 in 1 out when it comes to transfers. All to do with squad size and not money.
Excellent news tbh.

Get rid of Chakma to Blackburn then we can bring in mirallas :scarf:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Maybe Giroud can drill in volleys though.

Giroud's chest. :bow:

That's one aspect I do miss about Ade, it's not saying much but he is the chester of the ball going tbf.

Marc Overmars
14-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Adebayor. :lol:

What a journeyman.

LDG
14-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Ade will be a saint compared to RVP I should imagine.

fakeyank
14-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Ade will be a saint compared to RVP I should imagine.

Nah Ade will still be hated more.. its coz he is black

Joker
14-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Hopefully he leaves before the weekend. I hope he fails at United (which is likely), but it's a bit harsh to wish injury on a player, especially as we criticise Stoke fans for the same thing.

Master Splinter
14-08-2012, 07:40 PM
but it's a bit harsh to wish injury on a player, especially as we criticise Stoke fans for the same thing.

Time to transfer MO to the Oatcake tbf.

KSE Comedy Club
14-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Hopefully he leaves before the weekend. I hope he fails at United (which is likely), but it's a bit harsh to wish injury on a player, especially as we criticise Stoke fans for the same thing.
Err no, it's slightly different in that they wish it on ramsey because shawcross got sent off for breaking his leg.

They have absolutely no justification for their abuse whereas we do cause RVP looks like he's a judas **** :good:

Ollie the Optimist
14-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Err no, it's slightly different in that they wish it on ramsey because shawcross got sent off for breaking his leg.

They have absolutely no justification for their abuse whereas we do cause RVP looks like he's a judas.

there really isnt a justifcation for wanting someone to hurt themselves because we dont like them

unless its piers morgan, then its ok

KSE Comedy Club
14-08-2012, 07:45 PM
there really isnt a justifcation for wanting someone to hurt themselves because we dont like them

Nothing wrong with hoping he's out long term with an injury when he joins man u.

He's still a great player and will help make them better so any time he spends on the treatment table like he did for us is all good tbh.

fakeyank
14-08-2012, 07:47 PM

I like Piers more than RVP.. I hope RVP shatters his knee and balls

GP
14-08-2012, 07:47 PM

They have absolutely no justification for their abuse whereas we do cause RVP looks like he's a judas **** :good:

Stoke fans hate us because we 'read books 'n that.

Ollie the Optimist
14-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Nothing wrong with hoping he's out long term with an injury when he joins man u.

He's still a great player and will help make them better so any time he spends on the treatment table like he did for us is all good tbh.

dont see point of wishing of injury, just hope he fails and doesnt score etc

Syn
14-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Don't see the point of wishing an injury to Van Persie either. Especially since he'll stay an Arsenal player.

Marc Overmars
14-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Don't see the point of wishing an injury to Van Persie either. Especially since he'll stay an Arsenal player.

There's no Rooney u-turn going on here playa.

KSE Comedy Club
14-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Yeh, he's gone.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 06:26 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/terms-agreed-for-van-persie-transfer

Hes gone

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 06:27 PM
And there it is.

:wave:

:sick:

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Despise him more than Cesc tbh

Hope he gets whats coming to him

gunnerrrrr
15-08-2012, 06:29 PM
footballers...lol

Ernesto
15-08-2012, 06:31 PM
FFS.....why, oh why, have we sold him to Manchester United?

This shit just doesn't make sense any more :(

goonerholler
15-08-2012, 06:32 PM
From legend to despicable.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 06:33 PM

Everyone has their price.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 06:34 PM

Quite clearly we have no ambition of going for the title and challenging Man Utd if we sell them our best player

Another mediocre season beckons

Newguy
To be honest it's a joke, he's scum though, thats a fact!!!!!!

Grebbo
Byeeee

Ernesto
Everyone has their price.

Ted Dibiase used to say that.....

I don't think it's any more than 15mil. We've been had.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Well be fine, llorente in next.

Cripps_orig
How much has he gone for?

Bet it will be an undisclosed fee :rolleyes:

Newguy
Reports are that its 24 mill, how much of that is upfront and the rest based on add ons is unkown though (as is the actual fee tbh) If it is 24mill though that is decent money, here's hoping he breaks down midway through the season.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Well be fine, llorente in next.

I was just about to say I hope we go mental and buy Llorente.

KSE Comedy Club
BBC saying its up to £24m

Cripps_orig
Reports are that its 24 mill, how much of that is upfront and the rest based on add ons is unkown though (as is the actual fee tbh) If it is 24mill though that is decent money, here's hoping he breaks down midway through the season.

First game of the season tbh

Fellaini to take out his dodgy chocolate leg :pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
Ted Dibiase used to say that.....

I don't think it's any more than 15mil. We've been had.

David Ornstein says it is £24 million.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19179833

Not that the money really matters.

Footballers. :lol:

What a bunch of shitheads.

Power n Glory
15-08-2012, 06:37 PM
That is disgusting. We have sunk to a new low. Never thought we'd have sold him to our rivals.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 06:37 PM
I was just about to say I hope we go mental and buy Llorente.

I think we will tbh.

The club have to do something big now to piss on this fire.

Grebbo
15-08-2012, 06:38 PM
That is disgusting. We have sunk to a new low. Never thought we'd have sold him to our rivals.

We didn't have a choice

PGFC
15-08-2012, 06:38 PM
:shrug: Not sure I can be bothered to give a shit really.

Bergkampwonderland10
15-08-2012, 06:39 PM
:ilt:

KSE Comedy Club

Why not?

We sold nasri and cliche to our other rivals last summer, what makes RVP any different.

Not only that, it's a player who doesn't want to stay at arsenal.

Marc Overmars
The team that started the 09/10 season, just 3 years ago:

01 Almunia
03 Sagna
10 Gallas
22 Clichy
04 Fabregas (Ramsey 72)
05 Vermaelen
15 Denilson
17 Song Billong
23 Arshavin
11 Van Persie (Eduardo 72)
52 Bendtner (Eboue 63)

What an overhaul.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 06:40 PM
How long before we hear the inevitable "Wenger is like a father to me/i love Arsenal and their fans" blah blah crap?

Bergkampwonderland10
15-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Let's hope he is as shit for Man Utd as he is for Holland. Had Man Utd kept Ronaldo and Rooney together that would have been far more scary...Rooney and Van Persie...meh :coffee:

I_Killed_Kenny
15-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Fuck him. Hope he gets crocked. We move on coz we are the arsenal! He was part of a team that won fuckall, maybe this new team wil show him d medals he cudve won if he stayed!

COME ON U GUNNERS!

Grebbo
15-08-2012, 06:42 PM
At least we've got another ex player to boo now. The best atmospheres at the Emirates are the boo matches. Roll on Manure at home

Bergkampwonderland10
Fuck him. Hope he gets crocked. We move on coz we are the arsenal! He was part of a team that won fuckall, maybe this new team wil show him d medals he cudve won if he stayed!

COME ON U GUNNERS!
This !

AKBapologist
time to finish the rebuild. A striker and DM please.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 06:43 PM
How long before we hear the inevitable "Wenger is like a father to me/i love Arsenal and their fans" blah blah crap?

We already had the 'no matter what happens, I love this club' spiel. Still, he's won a trophy here but not at Man Utd yet. :ninja:

AKBapologist
15-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Edit, make that 2 DM's, songs fucking off too.

GP
15-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Turns out he’s a ****, turns out he’s a cuuuuunt!
Robin van Persie, turns out he’s a ****!

Ernesto
15-08-2012, 06:46 PM
It just seems like it would have been so much more acceptable to sell to City. Don't know why. Maybe because, as Letters says, they're a 'nothing' club. Any success is tainted. This, what has happened today, is a shocking admission from the Arsenal board. They're not selling players for the money any more. They're not playing hard-ball with players. They're selling just for the sake of selling.

They've lost the badge. The manager, the board, the players, the lot.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
song too apparently.

better hope this money gets reinvested.

just cant believe he's gone to united. there's pictures of him as a kid wearing a fucking arsenal shirt with arsenal posters plastered on his wall. how the fuck can he do this to us. if he went abroad then fine but he knows how much we hate united, we're born to hate them so this is the ultimate betrayal.

football really has turned into a joke, and yes im fucking gutted.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
FOR FUCK'S SAKE, MONEY IS ALL THIS FUCKING BOARD CARES ABOUT...SHOULD HAVE LET THE SELFISH **** RUN DOWN HIS CONTRACT, AND YOU KNOW FULL WELL THERE WILL BE NO REPLACEMENT SIGNING "WITH PODOLSKI AND GIROUD...WE HAVE ENOUGH GOING FORWARD". IT PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH, UNITED SQUAD WISE ARE CURRENTLY NO BETTER THAN US AND WE HAVE STRENGTHENED THEM.

McNamara That Ghost...
It just seems like it would have been so much more acceptable to sell to City. Don't know why. Maybe because, as Letters says, they're a 'nothing' club. Any success is tainted. This, what has happened today, is a shocking admission from the Arsenal board. They're not selling players for the money any more. They're not playing hard-ball with players. They're selling just for the sake of selling.

They've lost the badge. The manager, the board, the players, the lot.

Well we can't sell a player to a club he doesn't want to go to.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-08-2012, 06:47 PM
24m apparently.

INVEST WENGER !

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Fuck football tbh

Bring back Olympics

I_Killed_Kenny
15-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Am just glad this saga is done with. Board need to learn u dont let top players run down their cntracts! This is now a new era wit hopefully n addition or 2 still to come. No player is bigger than us. Really hope we win summink this year n utd dont. The ****s.

GP
15-08-2012, 06:51 PM
I sung that dick's name every week, and he does this?

I hope he gets injured and actually dies

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 06:52 PM
That'd be quite an injury.

GP
15-08-2012, 06:52 PM
That'd be quite an injury.

Hopefully.

Jimmy Valmer
15-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Despise him more than Cesc tbh

Hope he gets whats coming to him

Pretty much.

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-08-2012, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't even boo him. That'd only make him even more of a cult figure for United.

I'm sure Vermaelen can elbow him in the face next time he's at the Emirates anyway. (Agger :cloud9:)

Ernesto
Well we can't sell a player to a club he doesn't want to go to.

Oopsy! Didn't know that was the case.

Going back to the board, though, in a related matter. I think Anelka had his heart set on Lazio in '99 'til our board decided they were playing up and sold to Real Madrid instead. Ferguson and Man Utd themselves sold Heinze to Real Madrid instead of Liverpool where he wanted to go.

In summary, I'm not sure it's THAT hard to sell to another club while a player is still contracted to you.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
Van Persie is just endemic of the cancer that has spread throughout the modern game, I hope every single board member fucking drops dead. In fact I hope the fucking stadium burns to the ground......because this club as it stands no longer deserves to exist.

Letters
15-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Meh. I wouldn't wish injury on a player, obviously, but if he does happen to get injured I hope it's nothing too trivial.

At least we've sorted it out before the season starts but I fear that the money we've got for him has already been re-invested in the signings we made before he was sold.

The Wengerbabies
15-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Finally.

GP
15-08-2012, 06:56 PM

Going back to the board, though, in a related matter. I think Anelka had his heart set on Lazio in '99 'til our board decided they were playing up and sold to Real Madrid instead. Ferguson and Man Utd themselves sold Heinze to Real Madrid instead of Liverpool where he wanted to go.

In summary, I'm not sure it's THAT hard to sell to another club while a player is still contracted to you.

Yeah, I'm sure it was a struggle to convince a player to go to Real Madrid instead of Lazio.

:lol:

RomfordPele
15-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Meh, fuck him. Should have asked for berbatov plus 20m though.

Letters
15-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Van Persie is just endemic of the cancer that has spread throughout the modern game, I hope every single board member fucking drops dead. In fact I hope the fucking stadium burns to the ground......because this club as it stands no longer deserves to exist.
I have to say you're taking this well.

AKBapologist
15-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Anyone else feeling perversely happy that it's over with?

Though if Mirallas isn't flying over for a medical on saturday i'll be sad again.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 07:00 PM

I thought Anelka's agents (brothers) were the main players in that instance? In any case though, like GP said, this is Real Madrid we're talking about. Also, back to this case, Citeh were never a realistic option whilst they can't get rid of their other guys, even if Van Persie wanted to go there (which apparently it is known he did not), they still own Adebayor and Santa Cruz FFS! They probably bought Rodwell just so they (well Agent Marwood) can say they bought someone.

GP
15-08-2012, 07:01 PM

I don't feel much of anything these days, what with all the meth.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Meh, fuck him. Should have asked for berbatov plus 20m though.

No we don't need another striker because we have two strikers that have never played fucking premier league football before and will take a season to bed in, one of whom is a one season wonder (ala Chamakh) and the other has flopped when he played for a big club (that's ok though....because we aren't one of those)
FUCK GAZIDIS, FUCK WENGER, FUCK KROENKE, FUCK THAT PUTIN APPARATCHIK USMANOV, FUCK EVERY PLAYER WHO WON'T LEAVE ARSENAL BECAUSE OUR STUPID ****ING MANAGER THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO GIVE THEM SILLY MONEY!

FUCK OFF ARSENAL!

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Whats RedCafe got to say about this?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie

Though if Mirallas isn't flying over for a medical on saturday i'll be sad again.

He is flying over for a medical just not with us, he's going to sign for Everton

GP
No we don't need another striker because we have two strikers that have never played fucking premier league football before and will take a season to bed in, one of whom is a one season wonder (ala Chamakh) and the other has flopped when he played for a big club (that's ok though....because we aren't one of those)
FUCK GAZIDIS, FUCK WENGER, FUCK KROENKE, FUCK THAT PUTIN APPARATCHIK USMANOV, FUCK EVERY PLAYER WHO WON'T LEAVE ARSENAL BECAUSE OUR STUPID ****ING MANAGER THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO GIVE THEM SILLY MONEY!

FUCK OFF ARSENAL!

Hey, relax guy, you need a rest.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 07:03 PM

They're all typing one handed so it's hard to gauge.

The Wengerbabies
15-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Selling our best player to United really shows how far we've fallen.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 07:04 PM
All out for Llorente tbh.

Fuck the midfield.

Letters
15-08-2012, 07:04 PM
FUCK OFF ARSENAL!
Firstly, do stop shouting :rolleyes:

Secondly, as you alluded to above there are all kinds of things wrong with the modern game and they all stem from the ludicrous levels of money. It's not Arsenal's fault - any more than it's City's fault that the way football is set up these days means you can throw enough money around and buy the title.

It is what it is. And what it is is pretty shit. But that's not Arsenal's fault.

AKBapologist
15-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Eboues tweets on the matter are hilarious.

Eboue :bow:

Cripps_orig

They give us Silvestre

We give them RVP

GP
Eboues tweets on the matter are hilarious.

Eboue :bow:

Yep, that's definitely him.

Bergkampwonderland10

FUCK OFF ARSENAL!

look at this way...we have the money to buy Lewandowski now....and maybe some left over for dempsey too.

AKBapologist
They mostly feel like they got mugged.

dazthegooner
15-08-2012, 07:06 PM
As been said before its over he's going one season wonder I hope Rooney is the main man at Utd! Van Pussy will just be another ego there. Only one Dutch legend at Arsenal and that Bergkamp...

Letters
I agree, sadly.

If we're going to have some pretence at competing with Utd then we don't go and sell them our best sodding player.
OK, to an extent our hands were tied. He wanted to go. But we probably could have sold him abroad for less money which would have been better all round for the club. We might as well have come out and admitted that we're no longer credible competitors to Utd.

Marc Overmars
They give us Silvestre

We give them RVP

:haha:

Cripps_orig
look at this way...we have the money to buy Lewandowski now....and maybe some left over for dempsey too.
Llorentes better

Would take Dempsey for sure though

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
They give us Silvestre

We give them RVP

let's not forget it was wenger's loyalty to the youth project that got us in this mess in the first place.

I_Killed_Kenny
15-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Not a fan on llorente, my vote is for lewandoski

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-08-2012, 07:08 PM
I agree, sadly.

If we're going to have some pretence at competing with Utd then we don't go and sell them our best sodding player.
OK, to an extent our hands were tied. He wanted to go. But we probably could have sold him abroad for less money which would have been better all round for the club. We might as well have come out and admitted that we're no longer credible competitors to Utd.

mentally we've known for years that we've been a level below united but this now confirms it. that's probably the biggest disappointment.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Of course it's Arsenal's fault, no-one has a problem with self-sustainability per se but it's the absolute incompetence that is our fault....Ivan Gazidis is an absolute embarassment....and the whole board letting our manager have sole responsibility for contract talks and as a result we have a bloated wage bill where the likes of sebastian squillaci are on 60 k a week, and we let our players contract dwindle down to their final year. Not only this but they are so obsssessed with whatever cash they can get their hands on that they would rather sell a player to a club whose squad player for player is no better than ours, rather than take the risk of letting his contract run down and actually try and make the money back they might garner through a transfer fee through money won through competitions and participation in the business end of the champions league.

Secondly, as you alluded to above there are all kinds of things wrong with the modern game and they all stem from the ludicrous levels of money. It's not Arsenal's fault - any more than it's City's fault that the way football is set up these days means you can throw enough money around and buy the title.

It is what it is. And what it is is pretty shit. But that's not Arsenal's fault.

Cripps_orig
let's not forget it was wenger's loyalty to the youth project that got us in this mess in the first place.

Oh Wenger is at fault for a lot of this for sure but critisism for him from me will have to wait. All my anger atm is towards that ****

AKBapologist
Wenger apparently confirms that the money won't be reinvested/or has already been re-invested with poldoski and giroud.

/downer

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2012, 07:10 PM

You really are in for a massive disappointment my friend...we won't be signing anyone!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Wenger apparently confirms that the money won't be reinvested/or has already been re-invested with poldoski and giroud.

/downer

Why are you surprised about that?

RomfordPele
15-08-2012, 07:13 PM
He'll buy - its all guff to stop people adding a zero to their asking price.

Power n Glory
15-08-2012, 07:14 PM
24m apparently.

INVEST WENGER !

Bank!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2012, 07:15 PM

that sounds like cognitive dissonance

BOBN
15-08-2012, 07:16 PM
We raped them guys, this is a panic buy from them.

Plus he had already started falling off, hes looked toliet since about march, looked spent. Hes run his race as a world class striker. We good.

Bergkampwonderland10
You really are in for a massive disappointment my friend...we won't be signing anyone!
The day Van Persie publicly showed his discontent at Arsenal was the day Wenger substituted the Ox against Utd when we;d just got ourselves level....at the time we just thought Van Persie was a 'fan' like us, voicing his discontent...but sadly we were mistaken...think that was the day he decided he wouldn't be signing a new contract. If Walcott signs his contract now, the timing will make him look like a hero...wonder if that will happen. Last season the fans turned on Wenger...I am pretty sure that money will be reinvested...we now only have 3 strikers remember and I am not even sure we can count chamakh as the 3rd.

Marc Overmars

I highly doubt we'll buy another striker, well certainly not one who compares to Van Persie.

Letters
15-08-2012, 07:18 PM
We raped them guys, this is a panic buy from them.

Plus he had already started falling off, hes looked toliet since about march, looked spent. Hes run his race as a world class striker. We good.
Interesting take. He is clearly a quality player but last season's exceptional form may have been a one off.
Could be a decent but of business but...dunno, selling our captain and best player to a club who are supposed to be a rival? Doesn't sit well.

Newguy
15-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Bank! lmao

RomfordPele
15-08-2012, 07:24 PM
I highly doubt we'll buy another striker, well certainly not one who compares to Van Persie.

Doesn't necessarily need another striker but if we don't strengthen our attacking options with both rvp and song out then wenger has learnt nothing and we may as well not bother with this season. Buy wisely and I still think this could be a very interesting year for us.

Newguy
15-08-2012, 07:26 PM
i hope that mirallas(sp) to everton story is garbage and we snap him up. Forget van persie now, we need all the cancers out of the club before we can heal...Fuck Em all....If you want out get out!!

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 07:27 PM
To be honest I reckon he knew that day at West Brom he was off. "Whatever happens I will always love this club", not the words of someone who is interested in committing.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2012, 07:31 PM
why is everyone blaming Van Persie for this?.....footballers are children with just about enough intelligence to tie their shoe laces.....when very stupid people constantly have people whispering in their ear telling them how great they are, how they should be earning more, playing in champions league finals they are going to listen.
This board have a) allowed this situation to come to pass by allowing wenger to deal with contract negotiations
b) shown they are more interested in getting in as much cash as possible instead of letting this player run down his contract and maybe win something with us, with the additions we have made.

Syn
15-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Very disappointed by the club for selling our best player to the club directy above us in the league.

All the good work in this window undone.

£24m...we know the club value a title push less than they value that amount. This sucks.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Anyone blaming the club/board for this just isn't thinking.

If RVP doesn't want to stay and sign a new contract then that is his decision and there is nothing the club can do to change his mind.

They've had talks but he still wanted to leave, end of.

Time is short and it's better to get £20+m for him now than let him go on a free.

The money will be reinvested, it's already been said that any buys now will only happen when players are sold.

Grebbo
15-08-2012, 07:40 PM
This board have a) allowed this situation to come to pass by allowing wenger to deal with contract negotiations

Van Persie has been with us for 8 seasons and the past 18 months has been his longest injury free period. Would you have given him a new bumper deal 18 months ago not knowing if he'd play more than 10 games in a season??

No.

It's not the board or Wenger's fault. We expected a bit of loyalty from him and got none. We offered him massive wages to re-sign but he's not interested.

b) shown they are more interested in getting in as much cash as possible instead of letting this player run down his contract and maybe win something with us, with the additions we have made.

We are quite rightly selling him. Would you want to hear EVERY SINGLE WEEK about what Robin's going to do next, where he's going to go?? It would create havoc.

This is not the same as last season where we did some mad last minute trolley dash. We have already replaced RVP and signed a second quality striker AND bought a fantastic midfielder.

BOBN
15-08-2012, 07:43 PM
The player is their shevchenko. The decline of a centre forward is one of the most abrupt and cruel things in sport. Hes shown subtle signs that its not gonna be the same again since march, just like sheva. The move will expose the rest.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Very disappointed by the club for selling our best player to the club directy above us in the league.

All the good work in this window undone.

£24m...we know the club value a title push less than they value that amount. This sucks.

He was never going to stay.

Even if he did he wouldn't have given 100% because he didn't want to be here.

If it wasn't utd it would have been citeh, and tbh I hate both clubs as much as the other so fuck them all tbh.

I think the club have done the right thing to some extent, they've got a good price for a player on the cusp of being 30 who has spent 75% of his career on the injury table.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 07:45 PM
The player is their shevchenko. The decline of a centre forward is one of the most abrupt and cruel things in sport. Hes shown subtle signs that its not gonna be the same again since march, just like sheva. The move will expose the rest.

I've never hoped for your wild theories to be true more than this one.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2012, 07:48 PM
to people who say the money will be re-invested....who do you think you are kidding?.

Grebbo
15-08-2012, 07:48 PM

Tbf RVP was shit for the past few months but PHENOMENAL before that.

I guess we'll wait and see what happens next - could be Sheva or could be Bergkamp :coffee:

One thing to bear in mind is Arsenal create a lot of chances. By playing one striker up front, ANY striker, they're going to score a lot of goals (well maybe not Park/Chamakh). Even that useless **** Adebayor got 30 goals for us one season.

Chilax, we'll be fine.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-08-2012, 07:49 PM
have a torres season :pray:

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 07:49 PM
we got 24 million for him? :lol:

take a bow gazadias

Syn
15-08-2012, 07:50 PM
He was never going to stay.

Even if he did he wouldn't have given 100% because he didn't want to be here.

If it wasn't utd it would have been citeh, and tbh I hate both clubs as much as the other so fuck them all tbh.

I think the club have done the right thing to some extent, they've got a good price for a player on the cusp of being 30 who has spent 75% of his career on the injury table.

For a start, the price is only relevant (From the fans view) if we were going to spend big money. We're not. Don't let a few of our Championship Manager signings fool you. We've done our main business on the buying front. And it was good business. All we needed to do was, for once, stick to our principles and keep this good squad of players until next year. We didn't. Someone came flashing the cash and we just showed ourselves to be the selling club we are.

Van Persie will decline but at least for the next couple of seasons he'll remain phenomenal. He is an amazing player when fit, no doubt. And we've just handed him to Man Utd. Unbelievable. And yet very believable.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 07:53 PM
to people who say the money will be re-invested....who do you think you are kidding?.

Mr hitler?

Letters
15-08-2012, 07:54 PM

take a bow gazadias
It's decent money for him but
1) It won't be re-invested so it'a moot
2) We sold him to the club who finished above us last year. We sold our most important player, our captain, to a team who we're supposed to be competing with. :doh:

I do think we've made some decent signings but it was going to be hard enough to compete with the top 2 without handing one of them* our best player.

* - not that I'd have cared if he'd gone to City as I can't take anything they achieve seriously.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 07:55 PM

take a bow gazadias

Gazadias. :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 07:58 PM
For a start, the price is only relevant (From the fans view) if we were going to spend big money. We're not. Don't let a few of our Championship Manager signings fool you. We've done our main business on the buying front. And it was good business. All we needed to do was, for once, stick to our principles and keep this good squad of players until next year. We didn't. Someone came flashing the cash and we just showed ourselves to be the selling club we are.

Van Persie will decline but at least for the next couple of seasons he'll remain phenomenal. He is an amazing player when fit, no doubt. And we've just handed him to Man Utd. Unbelievable. And yet very believable.
It's really not the case at all.

The offers we had for him were well below what we were asking and in the time since juve and citeh pulled out the club have tried to talk him round and get him to stay and he's had none of it.

Utd were the only club left to buy him that would pay what were asking. RVP wanted out.

No point keeping him even if it was to rot in the reserves or sit on the bench for a year. We would never hear the end of his impending move somewhere and how him not being involved was affecting the team, etc.

Situations like that just don't end well, and turn into a cancer. Best thing to do is cut them off.

I back the clubs decision to sell him to wherever for the right price here tbh.

BOBN
15-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Tbf RVP was shit for the past few months but PHENOMENAL before that.

I guess we'll wait and see what happens next - could be Sheva or could be Bergkamp :coffee:

One thing to bear in mind is Arsenal create a lot of chances. By playing one striker up front, ANY striker, they're going to score a lot of goals (well maybe not Park/Chamakh). Even that useless **** Adebayor got 30 goals for us one season.

Chilax, we'll be fine.
Thing is if you remember bergkamp was unplayable in arsenals double winning season until around the time he missed the penalty in that united semi in 99. After that he was still good but it was really playing from memory, relying on his outrageous technique and vision (above and beyond van persies), but he was no longer than untouchable match winner.

He was about the same age as RVP is now.

BOBN
15-08-2012, 08:02 PM
I've never hoped for your wild theories to be true more than this one.
Relax friends, we will be having the last laugh when he is loaned out to feyanoord in 18 months on susidised wages.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 08:02 PM

I'm sure the club would have preferred not to sell him to United but money is the name of the game. The clubs priority is to balance the books, there's no doubt it. We sell to buy, that is well documented and proven every summer. It doesn't matter who the buying club is anymore, we are always ready sell. It's no wonder why our squad gets picked apart by vultures every summer, I'm sure it's well known within the football inner circle that Arsenal will sell if pushed.

I remember when Fergie totally blocked Heinze's move to Liverpool, and that was just for a pub teamer so there's no chance they'd ever sell someone to a rival knowing it would improve them, but then their priorities are different to ours.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Now ive got some food in me and ive calmed down, i can post on this sensibly and rationally

Hope this **** dies a horrible death

Joker
15-08-2012, 08:10 PM
If we were intent on bringing in someone of the stature of Llorente in place of RVP, I wouldn't be all that bothered. However, as Wenger has already said the money won't be reinvested (probably because Giroud was meant to be the replacement) I think our front-line is not strong enough for the coming season. However, this was always on the cards when finishing fourth became the main priority. Other clubs have gone ahead of us, and this makes it much easier to tempt players to leave. In the past, even if Man Utd came calling, it wouldn't have been that much of an attractive proposition, because we were winning trophies and pushing them all the way. Now that the financial balance sheet has become more important than what happens on the pitch, we're struggling to keep hold of players.

A lot of people were hoping that we'd make fuller use of our resources this summer, not focusing on making net profit in the transfer window but rather replenishing the squad with real quality. Instead, it's clear that despite the fact we've signed some good players, all that good work will be undone because of our obsession with "balancing the books".

BOBN
15-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Now ive got some food in me and ive calmed down, i can post on this sensibly and rationally

Syn
15-08-2012, 08:12 PM
You spend 8 years cheering the fucker's name. And for what.

We really are a bunch of mugs, aren't we?

Club can't even help us out by leaking the news out on a Friday or Saturday. Fucking Wednesday night. Can't even drink myself into a coma ffs.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 08:14 PM

Hear hear.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 08:15 PM
You spend 8 years cheering the fucker's name. And for what.

We really are a bunch of mugs, aren't we?

Club can't even help us out by leaking the news out on a Friday or Saturday. Fucking Wednesday night. Can't even drink myself into a coma ffs.
But you can on a friday or a saturday?

Im not a drinker so i wouldnt know tbh

Master Splinter
15-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Has he updated the fans yet?

gooners

Errm.......If i had billions, I will buy arsenal pump money into it so that they are all conquering, unbeateable and amazing to watch! I have no qualms with Abramovich,City's owners etc. If Newcastle's owner was that rich, he'd be doing the same to restore the toons to their heydays. Billionare owner fans are good for the game. It has changed the whole dynamic of the game --- so that if you have tight fuckers like PHW at the helm of things you get shafted.

Cripps_orig
Hear hear.

I would gladly see us lose 8-2 again to these ****s if it meant we saw RVP taken out by Frimpong or someone whos willing to make a name for themselves

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 08:17 PM

Fuck no.

He's off on a night out shagging old prozzies with shrek.

Joker
15-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Errm.......If i had a billions, I will buy arsenal pumop money into it so that they are all conquering, unbeateable and amazing to watch! I have no qualms with Abramovich,City's owners etc. If Newcastle's owner was that rich, he'd be doing the same to restore the toons to their heydays. Billionare owner fans are good for the game. It has changed to whole dynamic of the game --- so that if you have tight fuckers like PHW at the helm of things you get shafted.

That's an unpopular opinion but I agree. I'm not a big fan of RVP, but I can understand players who are probably getting tired playing for a football club that seems to be operating like a business, with the CEO and manager banging on about financial implications, balance sheets, revenue, etc. Football's about more than that. Wenger seemed to understand that, which is why we had such great success from 98-05, but nowadays he sounds more and more like a sycophant for the board.

gooners
15-08-2012, 08:22 PM
That's an unpopular opinion but I agree. I'm not a big fan of RVP, but I can understand players who are probably getting tired playing for a football club that seems to be operating like a business, with the CEO and manager banging on about financial implications, balance sheets, revenue, etc. Football's about more than that. Wenger seemed to understand that, which is why we had such great success from 98-05, but nowadays he sounds more and more like a sycophant for the board.

On GW, this only seems to be applied to players, not to the club's so-called owners! For shame!

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 08:25 PM
The days of billionaires coming in to a new club and spending shitloads without first selling are gone, only the ones that already have them are going to get any benefit from them now.

Injury Time
15-08-2012, 08:26 PM
a Mr V Persie has had £3.8m offer on house in Hale accepted (that's near Manchester apparently) <_<
I hate it when I'm right<_<

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 08:27 PM
I hate it when I'm right<_<
We hate you when your right too.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 08:29 PM
We hate him when hes wrong or right

gooners
15-08-2012, 08:31 PM
The days of billionaires coming in to a new club and spending shitloads without first selling are gone, only the ones that already have them are going to get any benefit from them now.

With all of PHW's money, and even Kroenke too, I bet one of them could say, AS FANS, fuck it, i am going to personally volunteer funds so we can splash out on one massive world superstar to send a message. Is someone stopping them? Is the club opposed to donations?

But we are to slate players if they decide to head in the direction of more money and better odds of winning titles --- they are the greedy ones.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Hopefully this will be the case for us too:

'the Ewing theory'

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1193711

Sound familiar in parts, non?

Injury Time
15-08-2012, 08:33 PM
We hate him when hes wrong or right
See YOU Saturday :threaten:
:mwah:

gooners
15-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Hopefully this will be the case for us too:

'the Ewing theory'

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1193711

Sound familiar in parts, non?

I heard people say Henry was stifling our youngters ----- we still haven't won nada without him. All those youngsters have since moved on! :yawn:

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 08:41 PM
With all of PHW's money, and even Kroenke too, I bet one of them could say, AS FANS, fuck it, i am going to personally volunteer funds so we can splash out on one massive world superstar to send a message. Is someone stopping them? Is the club opposed to donations?

But we are to slate players if they decide to head in the direction of more money and better odds of winning titles --- they are the greedy ones.

They don't own the whole of the club so no owner would do it anyway in those circumstances (PHW owns fuck all really) and we already know Kroenke isn't an Arsenal supporter. The only way things will change is through the additional TV money. In any case, money for transfers, wages - transfers and wages, what exactly? And for how many years to keep doing it?

gooners
15-08-2012, 08:45 PM
They don't the whole of the club so no owner would do it anyway in those circumstances (PHW owns fuck all really) and we already know Kroenke isn't an Arsenal supporter. The only way things will change is through the additional TV money. In any case, money for transfers, wages - transfers and wages, what exactly? And for how many years to keep doing it?

No, but PHW has made a fortune off the club, hasn't he? How about he puts some money into the club he loves. Then I'll respect what he says about player loyalty and money obsession.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 08:45 PM
I heard people say Henry was stifling our youngters ----- we still haven't won nada without him. All those youngsters have since moved on! :yawn:

8th time lucky.

Syn
15-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Fucking horse placenta munching shit. What a freak.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Another shout to AFCamden on twitter who said yesterday that it was likely that RVP was going to united :bow:

He also says that we will see Sahin come in if rvp is confirmed as leaving.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 08:47 PM
No, but PHW has made a fortune off the club, hasn't he? How about he puts some money into the club he loves. Then I'll respect what he says about player loyalty and money obsession.

UEFA's new rules I think only allow a relatively small amount directly from owners to 'give' to clubs, now of course you hide it behind a sponsorship deal but we know we can't do that right now. Even if he had put in I dunno what, £60 million (?), it probably wouldn't have made much difference to RVP anyway.

Syn
15-08-2012, 08:48 PM
He also says that we will see Sahin come in if rvp is confirmed as leaving.

His move to Liverpool seems done, doesn't it?

We'll get some squaddie in and pocket the difference.

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-08-2012, 08:50 PM

Our "ITKs" are saying it's a done deal for us. Your "ITKs" are saying it's a done deal for you.

So he'll end up at Spurs.

Syn
15-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Our "ITKs" are saying it's a done deal for us. Your "ITKs" are saying it's a done deal for you.

So he'll end up at Spurs.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 08:52 PM

So the media say.

Marca said today that Jose wants him to go to pool, but Sahin himself wants to come to arsenal.

Sahin wants CL football and Jose wants to help his bum chum out and probably doesn't want one of his players helping us out in the big competition they want to win I guess.

But ultimately as Jose has already said, the final decision will come down to where the player wants to go.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 08:53 PM
you have to wonder why a player who has seen his manager and hte man who made him the player he is today called a paedo by 70k of his new clubs fans, called a rapist himself would want to play for said club.

oh wait its money. the judas money grabbing ****

gooners
15-08-2012, 08:54 PM
UEFA's new rules I think only allow a relatively small amount directly from owners to 'give' to clubs, now of course you hide it behind a sponsorship deal but we know we can't do that right now. Even if he had put in I dunno what, £60 million (?), it probably wouldn't have made much difference to RVP anyway.

You are right. The time to have stayed with the flow, when we were seen as one of the big boys, is long gone. PHW, AW and co spent most of their time criticising what their richer friends were doing -- all the while hiding behind self-sustainability.

AW: if you give me a 100mil and tell me to put it in the squad, I will give it back! I don't want to bankrupt the club.

Me: hey fucker, it's my money, take it and use it to stay competitive -- to move with the times -- rather than bang on about what rich owner fans are doing! It is about more than money.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 08:56 PM
You are right. The time to have stayed with the flow, when we were seen as one of the big boys, is long gone. PHW, AW and co spent most of their time criticising what their richer friends were doing -- all the while hiding behind self-sustainability.

AW: if you give me a 100mil and tell me to put it in the squad, I will give it back! I don't want to bankrupt the club.

Me: hey fucker, it's my money, take it and use it to stay competitive -- to move with the times -- rather than bang on about what rich owner fans are doing! It is about more than money.

wenger was given money this year, he spent 35 million of it. the difference being is he spends wisely and gets more out of the money then someone like liverpool who just buy shit for lots of money

GP
15-08-2012, 08:58 PM
you have to wonder why a player who has seen his manager and hte man who made him the player he is today called a paedo by 70k of his new clubs fans, called a rapist himself would want to play for said club.

oh wait its money. the judas money grabbing ****

Spot on.

gooners
15-08-2012, 08:58 PM
wenger was given money this year, he spent 35 million of it. the difference being is he spends wisely and gets more out of the money then someone like liverpool who just buy shit for lots of money

There we go again, sticking our noses into other clubs' business. I am sure I could name clubs that have splashed silly money and WON stuff. But then why bother.

Joker
15-08-2012, 08:59 PM

The difference being that we seem to need to sell to buy. Our net spend is negative, which is either because the board are telling Wenger to balance the books or he has taken it upon himself to do so,all in the name of "self sustainability". Surely it wouldn't hurt to run a deficit for one transfer window? Especially given that there's surely been an accumulation of funds from previous windows that haven't been spent.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 09:00 PM

It's probably best for him to keep quiet. Giving it all the "I will always love the club" shite is only going to rile us.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 09:03 PM
There we go again, sticking our noses into other clubs' business. I am sure I could name clubs that have splashed silly money and WON stuff. But then why bother.

if you want to win that way then fuck off to city. no pride in that.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 09:03 PM
It's probably best for him to keep quiet. Giving it all the "I will always love the club" shite is only going to rile us.

its best he never ever speaks about us again.

Joker
15-08-2012, 09:06 PM

LOL so spending money to buy better players to help a club compete is somehow "immoral"? And are you really saying that our successes weren't at least partly down to spending money to get in top quality players? Or Utd's successes?

gooners
15-08-2012, 09:07 PM

I'd rather you go f**K yourself tbh. But that won't happen either.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 09:09 PM
LOL so spending money to buy better players to help a club compete is somehow "immoral"? And are you really saying that our successes weren't at least partly down to spending money to get in top quality players? Or Utd's successes?

spending 35 million on three players is ok. spending 100s of millions on three players is not. operating a football club where you spend 117% of your entire turnover on wages etc is not accepatbel and no pride in wining.

all clubs need to spend money to win, however there is a difference between what we spend and city spend and why one way is much better

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-08-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm sure the club would have preferred not to sell him to United but money is the name of the game. The clubs priority is to balance the books, there's no doubt it. We sell to buy, that is well documented and proven every summer. It doesn't matter who the buying club is anymore, we are always ready sell. It's no wonder why our squad gets picked apart by vultures every summer, I'm sure it's well known within the football inner circle that Arsenal will sell if pushed.

I remember when Fergie totally blocked Heinze's move to Liverpool, and that was just for a pub teamer so there's no chance they'd ever sell someone to a rival knowing it would improve them, but then their priorities are different to ours.

that's what you call a self-sustainable model my friend. if the aim is to be self-sustainable we will always try to balance the books i.e. sell to cover what we buy. the first rule of self-sustainability is to never make a deficit but if you do, minimise it as much as possible. we were always going to sell the c*nt but to united? that's ridiculous.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Anyone got him on Twitter?

You know what to do

gooners
15-08-2012, 09:17 PM
City's owners a rich fans pumping their own money into their club. If you don't like it, fine. If your club's owner wants to run your club as a business and you are happy with that fine!

But then don't go around calling players greedy when they opt to work for the owner who will invest top bucks to ensure they win. IN FACT It is about more than money as far as these owners are concerned.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 09:19 PM
City's owners a rich fans pumping their own money into their club. If you don't like it, fine. If your club's owner wants to run your club as a business and you are happy with that fine!

But then don't go around calling players greedy when they opt to work for the owner who will invest top bucks to ensure they win. IN FACT It is about more than money as far as these owners are concerned.

after buying cazorla, giroud and podolski and offering him 150k a week, its quite clear we wanted to win but he just wanted more money

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 09:20 PM

oh and citys owners are not fans. if you believe they even knew who city were ten years ago then you are a moron

gooners
15-08-2012, 09:21 PM
after buying cazorla, giroud and podolski and offering him 150k a week, its quite clear we wanted to win but he just wanted more money

And the damage was already done! It happens -- deal with it. People leave their place of work in these circumstances all the time.

Ralpheroo72
15-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Our board members would sell their own kids for a profit. You only have to look down the road at the stance taken by Levy with Modric - the price is 40M, until then.....FUCK OFF! We sell to a direct rival at a reduced rate, the same team that fucked us in the ass 8-2... what do we do???? We make them even stronger! Fucking muppets running this club.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 09:29 PM
It's more fucking infuriating that it's happened this late into the window tbh.

If we'd have sold him straight after the euros then bought cazorla, I doubt most fans would be as pissed off as the feel right now.

I had already dealt with the fact he was leaving and probably to utd, but I wish it was done a lot sooner.

Still, we'll see someone coming in now RVP is gone.

We can feel like shit and pissed off again when song is sold next week and feel slightly better when another player comes in for him.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Our board members would sell their own kids for a profit. You only have to look down the road at the stance taken by Levy with Modric - the price is 40M, until then.....FUCK OFF! We sell to a direct rival at a reduced rate, the same team that fucked us in the ass 8-2... what do we do???? We make them even stronger! Fucking muppets running this club.

it was 40m last year and now its 23 million. yeah well done levy

gooners
15-08-2012, 09:30 PM
oh and citys owners are not fans. if you believe they even knew who city were ten years ago then you are a moron

No,you will be the moron to assume one has to be born a fan. I wasn't born an arsenal fan -- who gives a shit? You? Who cares? And you will be a bigger moron to assume they are pumping all that money into the club to make profit. That much is obvious. They are footie fans who bought the club they could and are pumping money into the club to make it their dream club AS FANS. I don't begrudge them that.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 09:31 PM
No,you will be the moron to assume one has to be born a fan. I wasn't born an arsenal fan -- who gives a shit? You? Who cares? And you will be a bigger moron to assume they are pumping money into the club to make profit. That much is obvious. They are footie fans who bought the club they could and are pumping money into the club to make it their dram club AS FANS.

GP

:gp:

Ralpheroo72
Sorry, do you work for Reuters? I havent heard any transfer of Modirc yet? Do elaborate?

it was 40m last year and now its 23 million. yeah well done levy

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Sorry, do you work for Reuters? I havent heard any transfer of Modirc yet? Do elaborate?

spurs have accepted a 23 million pound bid :good:

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 09:33 PM

That's right, we can hold out for £xm until utd, the only club willing to buy rvp, decide that they aren't paying that price. Then the window closes and we're stuck with a want away player who ends up poisoning the team for another year, who then joins utd - for free.

Instead we've rid ourselves of the potential cancer for £24m.

Truly, muppets :coffee:

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 09:33 PM

Modric has gone to Madrid to seal the move. It's 26m plus add ons. Not 40m.

Ralpheroo72
15-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Link?

spurs have accepted a 23 million pound bid :good:

Ralpheroo72
15-08-2012, 09:35 PM
My apologies, I had no idea Gazidis was freelancing

Modric has gone to Madrid to seal the move. It's 26m plus add ons. Not 40m.

gooners

:goodpost:

Ollie the Optimist
No,you will be the moron to assume one has to be born a fan. I wasn't born an arsenal fan -- who gives a shit? You? Who cares? And you will be a bigger moron to assume they are pumping all that money into the club to make profit. That much is obvious. They are footie fans who bought the club they could and are pumping money into the club to make it their dream club AS FANS. I don't begrudge them that.

ive spent the last five minutes trying to argue with that, but htat post is so idiotic and moronic the only repsonse is to laugh

gooners
15-08-2012, 09:38 PM
ive spent the last five minutes trying to argue with that, but htat post is so idiotic and moronic the only repsonse is to laugh

Of course it is. I find your posts to be just the same :yawn:

Boss
15-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand it's shocking that we've sold our best player to the club directly above us, given how phenomenal he was last season. I think this also shows that Giroud/Podolski (at least one of them) was bought to replace RVP instead of play alongside him.

On the other hand 24M is good business, RVP can only decline from now on - not saying he'll be a flop but doubt he'll reach the same levels he reached for us. A Rooney-RVP partnership is quite scary.

All depends on what we do next. At the moment our net transfer spending is around 7M, with three decent players in (you could perhaps count Cazorla as world class but I haven't seen enough of him to put him in that category) and one world class player out. If Song leaves and we do not make any more signings then this will be a mediocre transfer window with a positive net transfer income as usual.

If Song stays and we get in another couple of players (Sahin for one, not sure about the others but I do think we need a defender or two) then this is still a decent transfer window and we can push for trophies.

Only thing I want to know more about is whether Wenger was interested in Berbatov, it's public knowledge that they wanted to sell him for around 5M and given their desire for RVP we could have done a player + cash swap. Would have been a very good deal IMO.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Link?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/modric-set-finalise-27-5m-real-move-reports-161213304.html

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Of course it is. I find your posts to be just the same :yawn:

you clearly need to stop playing football manger if you think rich arabs just throwing money at a football club and winning is a dream club for fans.

gooners
15-08-2012, 09:43 PM
it's public knowledge that they wanted to sell him for around 5M and given their desire for RVP we could have done a player + cash swap. Would have been a very good deal IMO.

United are not stupid enough to do that.

They will willingly sell us the likes of silvestre though :lol:

Newguy
15-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Look, yea it's not a nice thought selling to Man U, but Ive been debating with my man u mate and it's got me thinking...They could potentially invest 64million in OSW if he gets the pay packet of Rooney and a 4 year deal (as it's been reported) thats an obscene amount of money for an injury prone player like RvP. If he gets injured (which he will) then we can put things into perspective. Trust me once I began going through his injury history to my mate he became very quiet (I could see the doubt creeping in to his veins LOL - it affected his face LOL).

Im happy with the players we have brought in, however we do still have doubts over Song and Walcott. Now I think Song is gone and Theo will stay, but I stiull think Wenger needs to buy an additional striker becasue he came out and said that giroud and Podolski were purchased to play ALONG side RvP, not to replace him, if this is the case then Wenger felt we needed a certain number of strikers for the squad and that has now decreased by one. He will hopefully buy, but either way...OSW isnt the guy I thought he was and we're better off without that kind of cancer in the squad.

Wenger seems to me to be starting from scratch, but this time he has a support system in Bould and Banfield that actually reflects this. We also need to have players 100% commited. The second half against Cologne was telling for me. It was built up of either uncommited players, players coming off long injury and you could see the lack of drive from certain players barring Gervinho and Kos.

Fuck Van Persie, he's gone, i'm looking forward to Podolski and I have a sneaky feeling Giroud is gonna be a handful and do well in the prem. AOC will be better, as will Arteta. Cazorla will bring the creativity we need and Wenger will bring in Sahin.

It's not panic stations yet, we have to just play to our maximim, a strong DM and Striker or Winger and it's enough to challenge this season.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Look, yea it's not a nice thought selling to Man U, but Ive been debating with my man u mate and it's got me thinking...They could potentially invest 64million in OSW if he gets the pay packet of Rooney and a 4 year deal (as it's been reported) thats an obscene amount of money for an injury prone player like RvP. If he gets injured (which he will) then we can put things into perspective. Trust me once I began going through his injury history to my mate he became very quiet (I could see the doubt creeping in to his veins LOL - it affected his face LOL).

Im happy with the players we have brought in, however we do still have doubts over Song and Walcott. Now I think Song is gone and Theo will stay, but I stiull think Wenger needs to buy an additional striker becasue he came out and said that giroud and Podolski were purchased to play ALONG side RvP, not to replace him, if this is the case then Wenger felt we needed a certain number of strikers for the squad and that has now decreased by one. He will hopefully buy, but either way...OSW isnt the guy I thought he was and we're better off without that kind of cancer in the squad.

Wenger seems to me to be starting from scratch, but this time he has a support system in Bould and Banfield that actually reflects this. We also need to have players 100% commited. The second half against Cologne was telling for me. It was built up of either uncommited players, players coming off long injury and you could see the lack of drive from certain players barring Gervinho and Kos.

Fuck Van Persie, he's gone, i'm looking forward to Podolski and I have a sneaky feeling Giroud is gonna be a handful and do well in the prem. AOC will be better, as will Arteta. Cazorla will bring the creativity we need and Wenger will bring in Sahin.

It's not panic stations yet, we have to just play to our maximim, a strong DM and Striker or Winger and it's enough to challenge this season.
I agree entirely

:gp:

gooners
15-08-2012, 09:51 PM
you clearly need to stop playing football manger if you think rich arabs just throwing money at a football club and winning is a dream club for fans.

hey buddy, if a footie fan is rich enough to buy a club and pump their money into it to indulge their love of the game --- it is their choice. FOOTBALL IS ABOUT MORE THAN JUST MONEY FOR SOME --- something which seems to be lost on you,AW (these days) and the likes of PHW. If Abramovich, City's owners etc want to pump money into their clubs -- as long as this was within the laws of the game --- they can do whatever the fuck they want! Deal with it.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 09:54 PM
hey buddy, if a footie fan is rich enough to buy a club and pump their money into it to indulge their love of the game --- it is their choice. FOOTBALL IS ABOUT MORE THAN JUST MONEY FOR SOME --- something which seems to be lost on you,AW (these days) and the likes of PHW. If Abramovich, City's owners etc want to pump money into their clubs -- as long as this was within the laws of the game --- they can do whatever the fuck they want! Deal with it.

if a footie fan loves football, he doesnt buy a club and spend bilions just to win trophies. tahts not football, buying every player on the planet just becuase he is good and putting him in one team is not football. but it is for idiots, hence why you enjoy it

GP
15-08-2012, 09:57 PM
if a footie fan loves football, he doesnt buy a club and spend bilions just to win trophies. tahts not football, buying every player on the planet just becuase he is good and putting him in one team is not football. but it is for idiots, hence why you enjoy it

Spot on.

gooners
15-08-2012, 09:58 PM

Last time i respond to any of your inane self-righteous shit. I tend to forget GW has morons of your calibre running loose. So long

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Last time i respond to any of your inane self-righteous shit. I tend to forget GW has morons of your calibre running loose. So long

Pot and kettle spring to mind.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 10:02 PM

if you think that citys way of being a football club is proper football and Arsenals way isnt then there is only one moron here, and its not me

GP
15-08-2012, 10:03 PM

Spot on

GP
15-08-2012, 10:03 PM
if you think that citys way of being a football club is proper football and Arsenals way isnt then there is only one moron here, and its not me

Spot on

Master Splinter
15-08-2012, 10:04 PM

Pot-on.

Sorry.

GP
Pot-on.

Sorry.

Pol Pot

gooners

as it should :yawn:

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Pot-on.

Sorry.:rimshot:

Master Splinter
15-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Pol Pot

http://www.n24.de/media/_fotos/bildergalerien/2008_4/alben2008/Paul-Potts.jpg

:bow:

GP
15-08-2012, 10:08 PM
http://sanaakosirickylee.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/potpourri.jpg

Power n Glory
15-08-2012, 10:14 PM

So, if you had billions to spend and owned Arsenal....what would you do and who would you buy? Or would you continue on with this self sustaining model after years of failure?

Letters
15-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Have to say I rarely agree with ollie but I can't argue with what he's saying here.
Do you really think that football should be about who has the richest owner, who can throw the most money around?
I think Arsenal have been far too cautious in the transfer market over the last few years but I wouldn't want Arsenal to achieve success by spending stupid amounts of money from some billionaire benefactor.
City are only where they are because of the money. Money they don't have. As Ollie said above, they spent 117% of their income on wages last year. 117%. Just on wages. Forget the transfer fees and other running costs.
Any normal club would have gone bankrupt.
It's obscene that a club is allowed to operate this way, I can't believe someone above said billionaire owners are a good thing in the game. :doh:
EVERYTHING that is wrong in the game is, at root, because of the obscene amounts of money and the massively uneven distribution of it throughout the game.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 10:17 PM
So, if you had billions to spend and owned Arsenal....what would you do and who would you buy? Or would you continue on with this self sustaining model after years of failure?

i would provide funds but operate sensibly. would i sanction 150 million pounds of spending on three players no.

but there is no way i would do what man city or chelsea are doing right now

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Have to say I rarely agree with ollie but I can't argue with what he's saying here.

:faint:

gooners
15-08-2012, 10:23 PM

You know what's actually funny, Man U have still managed to win and compete with the likes of City & Chelsea ok. In fact, the league is now tougher to compete in than it was when it was just a two-horse race from the outset.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 10:23 PM
according to orstein on the bbc, van persie last week was coming round to the idea of staying this year, contract or not, but wenger told him he was not in his plans and that he was selling him before the game on sunday.

good

wenger :bow:

-Xs-
15-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Fucked off that we have sold to utd, but have a feeling Wenger had this planned all along to prevent vp having a proper pre-season with utd

Letters
15-08-2012, 10:27 PM
You know what's actually funny, Man U have still managed to win and compete with the likes of City & Chelsea ok.They have, but they have pretty much the best manager of all time.
Wenger's not the bumbling idiot some people on here make out but he's not as good as Fergie.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 10:30 PM
You know what's actually funny, Man U have still managed to win and compete with the likes of City & Chelsea ok. In fact, the league is now tougher to compete in than it was when it was just a two-horse race from the outset.

weve competed with chelsea, in fact we finished above them last year :good:

Power n Glory
15-08-2012, 10:31 PM
i would provide funds but operate sensibly. would i sanction 150 million pounds of spending on three players no.

but there is no way i would do what man city or chelsea are doing right now

We wouldn't have to spend £150m on our team because we're already a top four team that play regular CL football. That wasn't the case for City and Chelsea so they had to spend silly amounts just to get into the top four and stay there. City have hardly spent in this window because they have their team and Chelsea's spending hasn't been as outrageous compared to when they first arrived. But saying that you'd provide sensible funds....what's sensible when clubs know your rich and ask for silly fees but you know this player would make a massive difference to the club? Even suggesting that you'd provide funds for the club is pretty shaky.

Letters
15-08-2012, 10:32 PM
weve competed with chelsea, in fact we finished above them last year :good:And back to stupidollie!

Yes we did finish above them. I bet they're crying into their FA Cup and Champions League winners medal about that.

Power n Glory
15-08-2012, 10:33 PM
according to orstein on the bbc, van persie last week was coming round to the idea of staying this year, contract or not, but wenger told him he was not in his plans and that he was selling him before the game on sunday.

good

If that's true he was lying about planning on playing Giroud, Poldoski and RVP together.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 10:33 PM
We wouldn't have to spend £150m on our team because we're already a top four team that play regular CL football. That wasn't the case for City and Chelsea so they had to spend silly amounts just to get into the top four and stay there. City have hardly spent in this window because they have their team and Chelsea's spending hasn't been as outrageous compared to when they first arrived. But saying that you'd provide sensible funds....what's sensible when clubs know your rich and ask for silly fees but you know this player would make a massive difference to the club? Even suggesting that you'd provide funds for the club is pretty shaky.

chelsea have already spent close to 80 million this summer, if you include wages, its closer to 150 million :good:

you make valid points with regards to what is sensible spending and not. ill answer them in the morning

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 10:36 PM
And back to stupidollie!

Yes we did finish above them. I bet they're crying into their FA Cup and Champions League winners medal about that.

in the league where we truly compete with all teams as such, we won that battle.

in the champions league and fa cup we never met them, it comes down to squad depth and luck. they had more of it then we did. in the league we competed with them, we won.

KSE Comedy Club

good

I was just gonna post that.

To me that shows that wenger had the balls to tell RVP to fuck off.

Fair play wenger.

gooners
They have, but they have pretty much the best manager of all time.
Wenger's not the bumbling idiot some people on here make out but he's not as good as Fergie.

The second part of the post makes the point that billionaire owner fans have elevated the competition in the game and for that matter made things more excitiing. Even now, I am not sure City or Chelsea will win anything this season. Will they be thereabouts? Sure. Will they pull a Liverpool? Not out of the realms of possibility. How that ruins the game for some I don't know.
I say the league is better for it!

So abramovich can pump whatever money he wants into chelsea. I don't give a fuck. Kroenke can do the same to whatever extent -- or like PHW & Co. hide behind some business model and flog his shares off to make a tidy sum!

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 10:37 PM
If that's true he was lying about planning on playing Giroud, Poldoski and RVP together.

Oh ffs, does it really matter!?

We've been over and over and over this.

Tonight on tf1 wenger has said that he's already got rvps replacements in giroud and podolski so he's already made himself a liar.

Big deal.

Marc Overmars
in the league where we truly compete with all teams as such, we won that battle.

in the champions league and fa cup we never met them, it comes down to squad depth and luck. they had more of it then we did. in the league we competed with them, we won.

Yay?

Cripps_orig

Yeah id still rather have their season than ours as would we all

Apart from you

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 10:38 PM
I was just gonna post that.

To me that shows that wenger had the balls to tell RVP to fuck off.

Fair play wenger.

exactly. same with song too. he is meant to have had a disgusting attiude in trianing this week, so wenger has told him to fuck off to.

angry wenger is awesome

Letters
15-08-2012, 10:39 PM
I don't find wondering which billionaire's plaything will finish above which other billionaire's plaything that exciting.
The top 3 will be City, Utd and Chelsea. I don't know which order, I don't really care.

I suppose it's a bit better than when it was just us or Utd but at least we were both there on merit, not because someone had pumped money into us till we blundered our way to the top.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Let me get this right, RvP disrespects us with his statement, AW spends some fucking money on quality, RvP wants to stay. AW "Fuck You" LOL
from @sexyfootball_eu

made me laugh

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Yeah id still rather have their season than ours as would we all

Apart from you

the end result yes, the way they did no :good:

there is no pride in spending the amount they did to win, nor in just defending for every minute of all the knockout games they played. if we were too do taht, would rather win nothing and get third

gooners
15-08-2012, 10:43 PM
I don't find wondering which billionaire's plaything will finish above which other billionaire's plaything that exciting.
The top 3 will be City, Utd and Chelsea. I don't know which order, I don't really care.

I suppose it's a bit better than when it was just us or Utd but at least we were both there on merit, not because someone had pumped money into us till we blundered our way to the top.

not happened in any of those clubs' case, i'm afraid.

hobson's choice
15-08-2012, 10:45 PM
spending 35 million on three players is ok. spending 100s of millions on three players is not. operating a football club where you spend 117% of your entire turnover on wages etc is not accepatbel and no pride in wining.

all clubs need to spend money to win, however there is a difference between what we spend and city spend and why one way is much better

Who cares how they spend their money, and how much they spend. These is a business, where the objective is to win, not to play the game fair. I'm all for balance, and equality, but until something is created, in a way of salary cap or whatever. It's a free market, and you got flaunt it and spend it.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 10:45 PM

chelsea hadnt won a league title for 50 years, suddenly after abrovomich spends over 100m they win one, city who were relegated ten years ago and were always mid table suddenly spent over 500 million and win the league title. kind of shows they did blunder their way to the top

Letters
15-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Wait. Are you saying that City and Chelsea didn't win trophies last year because of the ridiculous amounts of money both spent?

Utd have spent big too although their spending is more from money they've earned from previous success - well, that and mortgaging themselves up to the eyeballs and having a brilliant manager.

Letters
15-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Who cares how they spend their money, and how much they spend. These is a business.
Well, it is. But it used to be a sport. I'm old enough to remember when it was.

gooners
15-08-2012, 10:49 PM
I'm all for balance, and equality, but until something is created, in a way of salary cap or whatever. It's a free market, and you got flaunt it and spend it.

well said that man!

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 10:50 PM
the end result yes, the way they did no :good:

there is no pride in spending the amount they did to win, nor in just defending for every minute of all the knockout games they played. if we were too do taht, would rather win nothing and get thirdThey scored more goals in 2 games than Barcelona did and with 10 men for most of the 2nd game

Id hardly call that defending.

2 of those goals if i remember correctly, came when they were already down to 10 men.

2nd leg v Napoli was hardly defending either

So as usual, you have no idea what youre talking about

Chelsea are ****s, we can all agree on that and yes all of their success is down to the money and no its not the "proper" way of doing things but thats how football is these days. We can either join them in that way or do what we are doing and get left behind

Time for Usmanov

Joker
15-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Well, it is. But it used to be a sport. I'm old enough to remember when it was.

You could argue it stopped being pure "sport" when the Premier League broke away from the Football League. We benefited from that (along with others) at the expense of smaller clubs, yet we didn't hear too many complaints about the "commercialisation" of sport then.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 10:51 PM

To be fair, City have spent 20m+ a piece on several players who were swifty moved on or are now deadwood. (Robinho, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Jo etc) They essentially bought whoever they could and chopped and changed until they got it right - absolutley no regard to how much money they lost. That's not right whichever way you paint it because no one else can even think about doing that without expecting to go bust.

gooners
15-08-2012, 10:54 PM
You could argue it stopped being pure "sport" when the Premier League broke away from the Football League. We benefited from that (along with others) at the expense of smaller clubs, yet we didn't hear too many complaints about the "commercialisation" of sport then.

a bigger question would then be: should owners be allowed to profit from their clubs?

i'm looking at PHW and Co.

if so, why shouldn't an owner be allowed to pum into their clubs? At least abramovich and co are not looking to farking protect the value of their shares and sell for a tidy sum!

jelgoon
15-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Good post. Whilst we rant on here about the billionaire owners of Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd, we are losing our world class players to them every season. Meanwhile one of the world's richest men is begging the board to let him invest.

They scored more goals in 2 games than Barcelona did and with 10 men for most of the 2nd game

Id hardly call that defending.

2 of those goals if i remember correctly, came when they were already down to 10 men.

2nd leg v Napoli was hardly defending either

So as usual, you have no idea what youre talking about

Chelsea are ****s, we can all agree on that and yes all of their success is down to the money and no its not the "proper" way of doing things but thats how football is these days. We can either join them in that way or do what we are doing and get left behind

Time for Usmanov

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 10:57 PM
a bigger question would then be: should owners be allowed to profit from their clubs?

i'm looking at PHW and Co.

if so, why shouldn't an owner be allowed to pum into their clubs? At least abramovich and co are not looking to farking protect the value of their shares and sell for a tidy sum!

Well, to a certain extent but Abramovich has protected himself by giving the money Chelsea have spent, as 'loans' - I think the details are a bit messy but it's not the picture of having fun with your money you paint it out to be.

Personally, I do care about money spent by clubs - clubs won't last forever. Rangers have proven that. And on a lesser scale, so have Portsmouth - they all chase owners of decent wealth but they aren't always trustworthy.

gooners
15-08-2012, 10:57 PM
To be fair, City have spent 20m+ a piece on several players who were swifty moved on or are now deadwood. (Robinho, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Jo etc) They essentially bought whoever they could and chopped and changed until they got it right - absolutley no regard to how much money they lost. That's not right whichever way you paint it because no one else can even think about doing that without expecting to go bust.

Most of that was to do with what management they had in place at those times. As you well know, you cannot buy a player for 20mil and expect them to sit on the bench -- which is why someone like RVP will ask for Rooney's wages to ensure that it doesn't happen to them.

LDG
15-08-2012, 10:58 PM

Go on, fuck off you ****.

Don't blame the club, blame the greedy player and his agent.

His "statement" was designed to make his position at the club untenable. But they didn't count on so few clubs being interested or willing to pay him some wedge. Utd was the last option open to him in the end, and he was forced to take it.

We have done alright out of it for a 29 year old. Fuck him.

Come on Arsenal!

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 10:59 PM

Go on, fuck off you ****.

Don't blame the club, blame the greedy player and his agent.

His "statement" was designed to make his position at the club untenable. But they didn't count on so few clubs being interested or willing to pay him some wedge. Utd was the last option open to him in the end, and he was forced to take it.

We have done alright out of it for a 29 year old. Fuck him.

Come on Arsenal!

best post of the entire thread :gp:

gooners
15-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Well, to a certain extent but Abramovich has protected himself by giving the money Chelsea have spent, as 'loans' - I think the details are a bit messy but it's not the picture of having fun with your money you paint it out to be.

whatever you call the money he pumps into the club, it seems to come quite freely --- people were predicting he'd abandon chelsea within a few years; he's still around!