PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye RVP!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 11:01 PM
:wave:

Go on, fuck off you ****.

Don't blame the club, blame the greedy player and his agent.

His "statement" was designed to make his position at the club untenable. But they didn't count on so few clubs being interested or willing to pay him some wedge. Utd was the last option open to him in the end, and he was forced to take it.

We have done alright out of it for a 29 year old. Fuck him.

Come on Arsenal!

Pretty much.

212th best post in this entire thread

GP
15-08-2012, 11:01 PM
:wave:

Go on, fuck off you ****.

Don't blame the club, blame the greedy player and his agent.

His "statement" was designed to make his position at the club untenable. But they didn't count on so few clubs being interested or willing to pay him some wedge. Utd was the last option open to him in the end, and he was forced to take it.

We have done alright out of it for a 29 year old. Fuck him.

Come on Arsenal!

:gp:

And of course, the real reason we've kicked him out...

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan
No pressure @Persie_Official - but if you leave #Arsenal then I'm going to throw myself off Santa Monica pier in lead weights.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 11:02 PM

And of course, the real reason we've kicked him out...

that piers morgan quote almost makes it worth thanking van persie for leaving

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 11:02 PM
whatever you call the money he pumps into the club, it seems to come quite freely --- people were predicting he'd abandon chelsea within a few years; he's still around!

Yeah sure but if anything was to ever happen again (like when he lost 7 billion), he retains the right to call in those debts. He's not doing it without any sense of self-preservation, or as you suggest, doing it with a pure love of a club.

gooners
15-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Yeah sure but if anything was to ever happen again (like when he lost 7 billion), he retains the right to call in those debts. He's not doing it without any sense of self-preservation, or as you suggest, doing it with a pure love of a club.

Sorry, but even you and I know chelsea could never repay those 'loans' as you call them. So i don't even see how that helps him much. And, contrary to your claim my knowledge is that he's set up a trust for chelsea for any such eventuality.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Sorry, but even you and I know chelsea could never repay those 'loans' as you call them. So i don't even see how that helps him much. And, contrary to your claim my knowledge is that he's set up a trust for chelsea for any such eventuality.

Well, they could if it moved on to the next owners.

Also, I can't find any article about a trust fund, the articles about those 'loans' are far more available though.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 11:15 PM
1st City
2nd United
3rd Arsenal

Our rivals, idiot.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/120815/exclusive-parlour-van-persie-sale-shows-arsenal-cant-rival-big-guns-anym-1787#iUEhsjXkZWmHODf4.99

Idiot

fakeyank
15-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Walcott down the middle with Oliver then?

Oh wait, Walcott hasnt signed a contract yet! :banghead:

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Olly will be benched

Pod down the middle

gooners
15-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Well, they could if it moved on to the next owners.

Also, I can't find any article about a trust fund, the articles about those 'loans' are far more available though.

Who will purchase a club with such level of so-called debt attached though? Which is why abramovich setting up a trust for the club makes sense. I'll post the source of this ---- this was way back when Abramovich first took over.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Who will purchase a club with such level of so-called debt attached though? Which is why abramovich setting up a trust for the club makes sense. I'll post the source of this ---- this was way back when Abramovich first took over.

I see, well the article of the loans thing is dated from 2010. And someone that wants the prestige and glory attached with owning a football club, just like Abramovich himself - I mean, Chelsea were on their knees in 2003 after all. At their hearts, they still do things that give them security however.

V-Pig
15-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Bye.

Without Podolski, Giroud and Santi, I might care more. But we've got people with more talent or more potential, or both. Anything beyond £20m for a player with 1 year on his contract and one injury-free season under his belt is insane, and Manure will find that to their detriment.

In the mean time, PODOLSKI! Why isn't more made of him as a signing? It's a huge signing! If we'd spunked £35m on him like a northern club people wouldn't shut up about him.

Jimmy Valmer
15-08-2012, 11:42 PM
They have, but they have pretty much the best manager of all time.
Wenger's not the bumbling idiot some people on here make out but he's not as good as Fergie.

Bye.

Without Podolski, Giroud and Santi, I might care more. But we've got people with more talent or more potential, or both. Anything beyond £20m for a player with 1 year on his contract and one injury-free season under his belt is insane, and Manure will find that to their detriment.

In the mean time, PODOLSKI! Why isn't more made of him as a signing? It's a huge signing! If we'd spunked £35m on him like a northern club people wouldn't shut up about him.

Spot on...

gooners
15-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Bye.

didn't we sign him from a relegated club? didn't do anything of note at the euros either --- but who knows.

V-Pig
15-08-2012, 11:52 PM
didn't we sign him from a relegated club? didn't do anything of note at the euros either --- but who knows.

Form is temporary; class is permanent.

RVP scored the best goal in the world ever against Charlton and then he got injured for a decade and then he scored loads last season. PODOLSKI is a proven world-class striker and his shot power is harder than Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira's controversial love-child. Can't wait to see him tear up the league.

Not to mention Djiroud and Santa.

Power n Glory
15-08-2012, 11:53 PM
[QUOTE=Jeebus;176788]Oh ffs, does it really matter!?

We've been over and over and over this.

Tonight on tf1 wenger has said that he's already got rvps replacements in giroud and podolski so he's already made himself a liar.

:lol: yeah whatever. It just confirms what a few peoples suspicions about Giroud and Poldoski's signings. Big deal? Then why argue so hard against the idea in the first place?

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 11:56 PM

Tonight on tf1 wenger has said that he's already got rvps replacements in giroud and podolski so he's already made himself a liar.

:lol: yeah whatever. It just confirms what a few peoples suspicions about Giroud and Poldoski's signings. Big deal? Then why argue so hard against the idea in the first place?
Because at the time it was worth debating.

Now that arsene has said the signings were for both reasons it pretty much fucks over any debate we had :lol:

gooners
16-08-2012, 12:00 AM

would otherwise render the 'rvp is a greedy,agitating **** of a traitor' rants hollow.

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 12:04 AM
chelsea have already spent close to 80 million this summer, if you include wages, its closer to 150 million :good:

you make valid points with regards to what is sensible spending and not. ill answer them in the morning

Chelsea dropped out of the top four this season and have allowed their squad to age. That's why they're spending again.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 12:05 AM
ALEX FERGUSON landed Robin van Persie last night for £22million.
And he promised him the chance to form a dream partnership at Manchester United with Wayne Rooney.
Van Persie will travel to Old Trafford today for a medical after agreeing terms of just over £200,000 a week.
As SunSport said on Tuesday, boss Fergie hoped to complete the transfer before the big kick-off this weekend.
Van Persie, 29, who refused to sign a new deal at Arsenal, has been told he will be played at United as an out-and-out striker.
Rooney will operate in a free role behind him.
Fergie had feared Manchester City could still land RVP. City boss Roberto Mancini had insisted that the club were no longer in a position to secure him but United believed this was not the case.
Rooney was also delighted at the news and took to twitter to taunt celebrity Arsenal fan Piers Morgan.
He said: “Arrrr, poor Piers. what’s up now, big man?”
Morgan responded by calling Roo “the No 2 striker at Old Trafford”.
United will pay £15m cash up front with the fee rising to a guaranteed £22m. But, depending on other add-ons, Arsenal could still land £24m.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger said: “It’s sad to lose a player of his quality. He had a year left on his deal so we didn’t have the choice.”
When asked if he would spend on new players, Wenger said: “We’ve already recruited to replace him.”
In a club statement, the Gunners said: “Van Persie will travel up to Manchester on Thursday so he can agree terms and complete a medical ahead of the proposed transfer.”
A spokesman for United added: “We are pleased to announce we’ve reached agreement with Arsenal for the transfer of Robin Van Persie.”
United midfielder Tom Cleverley was told the news after playing in England’s 2-1 win against Italy last night.
And he said: “He’s a great player — he can only make us strong.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4489602/Robin-Van-Persie-in-22m-Man-Utd-deal-as-Rooneys-partner.html#ixzz23f9fuy6q

Piers Morgan :bow:

Wazza :haha:

As for RVP, cant blame him for joining them. He has over 200,000 reasons to do so

gooners
16-08-2012, 12:08 AM
When asked if he would spend on new players, Wenger said: “We’ve already recruited to replace him.”

ahem...

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 12:20 AM

ahem...
Yes, and two days ago he said he bought them to play alongside him.

As we've already said, wenger has made himself out to be a liar and there is no point debating this anymore, but do carry on by yourself :good:

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 12:22 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19179833

It is understood Van Persie was encouraged by the arrivals of Germany forward Lukas Podolski, France striker Olivier Giroud and Spain midfielder Cazorla - to the point where he was open to the idea of staying with or without a new contract.

But Wenger pulled him aside shortly before Sunday's friendly victory over Cologne, told him he would be sold if a deal could be reached and informed the Dutchman he was no longer part of his plans.

Wenger grew a set :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 12:25 AM

Wenger grew a set :bow:
I know, it's great isn't it!

Wenger with glasses :bow:

gooners
16-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Yes, and two days ago he said he bought them to play alongside him.

As we've already said, wenger has made himself out to be a liar and there is no point debating this anymore, but do carry on by yourself :good:

Not a question about wenger lying --- the facts were there all along; some made the connections --- others chose to lambast a departing player because it was fashionable. Grimandi said this a while back, before wenger said anything.

Either way, he will still be lambasted.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Not a question about wenger lying --- the facts were there all along; some made the connections --- others chose to lambast a departing player because it was fashionable. Grimandi said this a while back, before wenger said anything.

Yep, because he didn't want to play for arsenal anymore, and decided to join utd.

Therefore, he's a **** :good:

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 12:32 AM
[QUOTE=Power_n_Glory;176838]

would otherwise render the 'rvp is a greedy,agitating **** of a traitor' rants hollow.

Pretty much and we've just decided to sell him to the highest bidder. The clubs full of shit but fans accept the nonsense and defend the lies. People are picking holes in RVP's statement and then looking past the lies Wenger has told to the fans and taking people for muppets. But who can blame him or PHW. They know they'll get away with it because people will continue to shift the blame on 'greedy' players while the bank the profits. I can't understand how people are following the same dogmatic pattern in thought. We've seen similar arguments repeated over and over again for players like Henry and Vieria but then a few years down the line people start to realise that the money hasn't been spent and we've suffered on the pitch as a result. Deja vu and I'm pretty tired of repeating it. People deserve to get fucked over in ticket prices if you're that dumb and haven't caught on to the scam yet. This self sustaining model is bullshit but if Stan, Wenger and PHW can get away with it, why not?

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Just reading the threads on Red Cafe

They seem excited to be buying an injury prone OSW mercenary **** :lol:

Others fear this will kill Welbeck and Hernandez not realising that Welbecks shitness is killing him already

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 12:38 AM

Was there any attempt to offer RVP a better deal since we had already signed up Giroud? If RVP was prepared to stay and felt encouraged after seeing the signings, but we sold because we had a great offer on the table, whose the greedy one? We signed Giroud early on as well so we who knows.

Kyle?
16-08-2012, 01:05 AM
If we had no intention of attempting to offer a new contract, we really did fuck up. The guy scored 30 goals in the league last season. No disrespect to Giroud, but he's not a 30 goal striker.

Master Splinter
16-08-2012, 01:32 AM
No disrespect to Giroud, but he's not a 30 goal striker.

Neither were Henry, Adebayor or van Persie before Wenger made them better players.

Even if he doesn't get 30 goals in his first season in a new league and team, he and Podolski will get plenty between them as Arsenal as a team create and score plenty of goals.

They could be repulsed by scoring opportunities like Chamakh, but evidence so far shows players who enjoy scoring goals of varying types at a good level of competition.

Japan Shaking All Over
16-08-2012, 03:10 AM
Neither were Henry, Adebayor or van Persie before Wenger made them better players.

Even if he doesn't get 30 goals in his first season in a new league and team, he and Podolski will get plenty between them as Arsenal as a team create and score plenty of goals.

They could be repulsed by scoring opportunities like Chamakh, but evidence so far shows players who enjoy scoring goals of varying types at a good level of competition.

Now I never really wanted RvP to go especially to UTD as it is with them especially Rooney that I can see him (if fit) being most lethal as he will get plenty of playing time as he wont become part of the Citeh striker wheel of fortune.

But if he was not happy with our offer and went as far to say so in a letter that although true in part, need not have been mafe public, then the door is that a way>>>

I think Wenger and the club played this one correctly, we got the price we wanted for a striker, I kniw will score goals if fit but that if is quite big as is the fact that he is getting along a bit, I do think thst RvP has the ability to play on though and later on we could see him drop back a bit. . .it wont be with us though and we just have to move on.

And moving on or at least the manner in which we do so is vital, we should invest all that money back into a player and my choice would be Llorente.

I feel last year Arsenal became more of a team's team, we had a more balanced feel to us even though the goals were prodominantly still coming from one player, this year I think we will see more of the yeam playing for each other and finding ways to score through more than one player.

I think Llorente could be a key to this improvement and along with Giourd can share the workload of the lead striker. I think we need another as the squad could find itself with more than a few who need to adjust to the life of the PL and the workload definitely will need to be shared.

We could see a change in formation too, as it was RvP who made that role his.

Marc Overmars
16-08-2012, 07:28 AM
4 year deal, 200k a week. :wacko:

Can't believe Fergie went for it, that's a lot of money for United these days. I believe what my Manc mate told me the other day and said he was under pressure to make a marquee signing.

Xhaka Can’t
16-08-2012, 07:51 AM
We thought we were building a big new shiny stadium to compete with the best. Turns out it was so we could sell to the best.

server too busy!
16-08-2012, 08:16 AM
What do people expect the club to do. He only wanted to go to one club, on his last year of contract?? Let him stay for 6 months and then he'll sign a pre contract with Man Utd and leave anyway, all while playing like shit because his heads turned. Live in the real world guys, because we all know the second he departed for free next season people would have been all over Wenger and the board about letting our 'best' player leave for free to a rival.

Secondly where's this great idea come that we won't reinvest. We already spent RvPs money before it arrived, yeah course we did, we always do that. What would we have done if he didn't want to leave this year and wanted a bumper contract when he left for free...we don't take those risks. The money is surely going to be reinvested. The money we've spent was profit made on Queens Road sales, and of course we were going to buy replacements just in case RvP decided to leave. Imagine how the fans would react otherwise, we all know the board would have happily coughted up for him to stay.

Its down to RvP and only him. Now lets get rid of Chamakh, sign another striker and a DM and we're good to go.

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 08:19 AM
http://arseblog.com/2012/08/no-shock-as-van-persie-goes-but-what-a-shame/#

When did Arseblog start accepting brown paper bags from Gazidis? The shit he's writing these days. That belongs on the official club website.

If after the meeting it became clear that we couldn't keep him, then the club has been spinning a pack of lies about wanting to keep him. We courted Man City's attention and used them to get the bid as high as possible. Great business people say but Wenger has already said that we won't be spending the money on another striker. The Guardian piece about RVP's representatives making 'outlandish demands'...like what...signing key players to help us challenge for the title? Now if reports are in suggesting that RVP was coming around to the idea of staying but we told him to do one, the club have pulled a fast one. I'm not hearing this bullshit about us being forced to sell him to United! That's the main problem here. Being crafty and telling him to do one, I can deal with, but to do it so we can sell to United! We had a choice about the matter and out of principle we could have let him walk on a free or sell him abroad. Spurs refused to sell Modric to Chelsea or United, Man Utd wouldn't even consider selling Heinze to Liverpool....there are just certain principles we should have. I'm just waiting to hear the news about us selling off Song and Theo. If we'd sell RVP to Man Utd then nothing else will surprise me.

Letters
16-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Secondly where's this great idea come that we won't reinvest. We already spent RvPs money before it arrived, yeah course we did, we always do that. What would we have done if he didn't want to leave this year and wanted a bumper contract when he left for free...we don't take those risks. The money is surely going to be reinvested.
I'm sure you're right. The yacht catalogues are probably well thumbed in the Arsenal boardroom.

LDG
16-08-2012, 08:33 AM
4 year deal, 200k a week. :wacko:

Can't believe Fergie went for it, that's a lot of money for United these days. I believe what my Manc mate told me the other day and said he was under pressure to make a marquee signing.

:lol:

We've robbed them blind tbf :haha:

RVC. What a ****.

LDG
16-08-2012, 08:34 AM
What do people expect the club to do. He only wanted to go to one club, on his last year of contract?? Let him stay for 6 months and then he'll sign a pre contract with Man Utd and leave anyway, all while playing like shit because his heads turned. Live in the real world guys, because we all know the second he departed for free next season people would have been all over Wenger and the board about letting our 'best' player leave for free to a rival.

Secondly where's this great idea come that we won't reinvest. We already spent RvPs money before it arrived, yeah course we did, we always do that. What would we have done if he didn't want to leave this year and wanted a bumper contract when he left for free...we don't take those risks. The money is surely going to be reinvested. The money we've spent was profit made on Queens Road sales, and of course we were going to buy replacements just in case RvP decided to leave. Imagine how the fans would react otherwise, we all know the board would have happily coughted up for him to stay.

Its down to RvP and only him. Now lets get rid of Chamakh, sign another striker and a DM and we're good to go.

LDG
16-08-2012, 08:36 AM
http://arseblog.com/2012/08/no-shock-as-van-persie-goes-but-what-a-shame/#

When did Arseblog start accepting brown paper bags from Gazidis? The shit he's writing these days. That belongs on the official club website.

If after the meeting it became clear that we couldn't keep him, then the club has been spinning a pack of lies about wanting to keep him. We courted Man City's attention and used them to get the bid as high as possible. Great business people say but Wenger has already said that we won't be spending the money on another striker. The Guardian piece about RVP's representatives making 'outlandish demands'...like what...signing key players to help us challenge for the title? Now if reports are in suggesting that RVP was coming around to the idea of staying but we told him to do one, the club have pulled a fast one. I'm not hearing this bullshit about us being forced to sell him to United! That's the main problem here. Being crafty and telling him to do one, I can deal with, but to do it so we can sell to United! We had a choice about the matter and out of principle we could have let him walk on a free or sell him abroad. Spurs refused to sell Modric to Chelsea or United, Man Utd wouldn't even consider selling Heinze to Liverpool....there are just certain principles we should have. I'm just waiting to hear the news about us selling off Song and Theo. If we'd sell RVP to Man Utd then nothing else will surprise me.

24 Million!!! :haha:

That's brilliant business.

Chances are, you will forget all about Robin Van ****face in ten years time, because his is not, and never will be and Arsenal legend.

As for Arseblog, he's sticking up for the club, not the **** with SAF poo dribbling off his chin.

Come on Arsenal :scarf:

LDG
16-08-2012, 08:37 AM
We thought we were building a big new shiny stadium to compete with the best. Turns out it was so we could sell to the best.

RVC is not fit to play in such a stadium.

Literally, most of the time.

GP
16-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Brilliant Arseblog today. Spot on.

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 08:46 AM

Chances are, you will forget all about Robin Van ****face in ten years time, because his is not, and never will be and Arsenal legend.

As for Arseblog, he's sticking up for the club, not the **** with SAF poo dribbling off his chin.

Brilliant business for who exactly? If we bank the money and make another profit in the transfer window, they've taken you and Arseblog for mugs. He may not have 'SAF poo dribbling off his chin', but it sounds like he's peddling the same shit PHW, Stan and co have been trying to sell. This is good business for them and not the fans.

If Man United win the league next year we won't forget RVP. We bloody contributed to City's first league win by selling them Nasri and Clichy. Why stop there eh?

Letters
16-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Brilliant business for who exactly?
I'm going to take a wild stab here and say I think he means for Arsenal.

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 08:51 AM
I'm going to take a wild stab here and say I think he means for Arsenal.

Letter's you're no fool. People cheer and clap that we've just made £24m but if it's not going back on to the pitch, what are we cheering about?

GP
16-08-2012, 08:52 AM

:goodpost:

LDG
16-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Brilliant business for who exactly? If we bank the money and make another profit in the transfer window, they've taken you and Arseblog for mugs. He may not have 'SAF poo dribbling off his chin', but it sounds like he's peddling the same shit PHW, Stan and co have been trying to sell. This is good business for them and not the fans.

If Man United win the league next year we won't forget RVP. We bloody contributed to City's first league win by selling them Nasri and Clichy. Why stop there eh?

24 Million is a fucking steal for Arsenal. It's great business. 29 yrs old, injury prone. How many more times. He wanted a four year deal (by the looks of his deal at Utd). He wanted 200k (by the looks of his deal with Utd). We weren't prepared to offer that for a 29 yrd old, who will be 33 when his contract runs out. And if he's injured for 50% of it, you'd be at the front of the queue berating who exactly?? Oh yeah, the club.

It's a great deal.

Maybe they will make another profit in the transfer window. I don't give a shit, so long as we replace RVC with quality. Which, BTW, we ALREADY have done.

WE didn't choose to sell. It is quite clear that our manager wanted all of those players to stay. And we as fans would have supported them if they had stayed. They haven't, and they fucked off.

They went for money. Pure and simple. We got the best possible deal we could on that basis. What would you expect the club to do???? :doh:

I just think it's sad that you're sticking up for a turncoat, and not for the club.

Regardless of what you think of our board, or how the club is run. We're Arsenal, and that is who we should be getting behind, 48 hours from KO of a new season.

RVC can fuck the fuck off.

GP
16-08-2012, 09:02 AM
24 Million is a fucking steal for Arsenal. It's great business. 29 yrs old, injury prone. How many more times. He wanted a four year deal (by the looks of his deal at Utd). He wanted 200k (by the looks of his deal with Utd). We weren't prepared to offer that for a 29 yrd old, who will be 33 when his contract runs out. And if he's injured for 50% of it, you'd be at the front of the queue berating who exactly?? Oh yeah, the club.

It's a great deal.

Maybe they will make another profit in the transfer window. I don't give a shit, so long as we replace RVC with quality. Which, BTW, we ALREADY have done.

WE didn't choose to sell. It is quite clear that our manager wanted all of those players to stay. And we as fans would have supported them if they had stayed. They haven't, and they fucked off.

They went for money. Pure and simple. We got the best possible deal we could on that basis. What would you expect the club to do???? :doh:

I just think it's sad that you're sticking up for a turncoat, and not for the club.

Regardless of what you think of our board, or how the club is run. We're Arsenal, and that is who we should be getting behind, 48 hours from KO of a new season.

Awesome post. I'm not even WUMing this time.

LDG
16-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Utd will have Fatman and Robin playing up fron this year :haha: :haha:

Letters
16-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Letter's you're no fool. People cheer and clap that we've just made £24m but if it's not going back on to the pitch, what are we cheering about?
I basically agree but according to this:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/arsenal-transfers.html

We've spent £44m this summer. We've recouped £24m but that's still a net spend of £20m which is the most...well, ever according to that site. So, in a sense, it already has gone back on the pitch.

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 09:10 AM

It's a great deal.

Yes, pure and simple. Every year I hear the same arguments and it's why the Board will continue to fuck fans over. But who can blame them. I'm not backing the club to make a profit while they've just sold our best player to the team that finished above us. Some Arsenal fans are just as bad as the Board members that are overly concerned with figures and profits when it's not even their business or best interest to mind that sort of thing. I'm supporting Arsenal and from my understanding we've just sold our best striker and Prem's best player to team to a team that just finished above us.

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 09:15 AM
I basically agree but according to this:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/arsenal-transfers.html

We've spent £44m this summer. We've recouped £24m but that's still a net spend of £20m which is the most...well, ever according to that site. So, in a sense, it already has gone back on the pitch.

Let's hope we don't sell Song and Walcott then because that would mean we'd make a profit. If we had no choice but to sell RVP, I'm wondering what choice we have with Theo?

LDG
16-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Yes, pure and simple. Every year I hear the same arguments and it's why the Board will continue to fuck fans over. But who can blame them. I'm not backing the club to make a profit while they've just sold our best player to the team that finished above us. Some Arsenal fans are just as bad as the Board members that are overly concerned with figures and profits when it's not even their business or best interest to mind that sort of thing. I'm supporting Arsenal and from my understanding we've just sold our best striker and Prem's best player to team to a team that just finished above us.

No. I just will support whoever plays for us, and stick my fingers up at players who don't. Especially ones who don't want to play for us anymore. And even more espcially the ones who don't want to play for us because they want more money.

I have said countless times what my opinion is of our board, and the theiving ****s who run the club. I'm just commenting that 24million is great business. As in, it's better than 12 million from Juve. We've charged Utd a premium, just as we should do.

He may be brilliant for them....I doubt he'll replicate last season....but I really don't give a shit, because as far as I'm concerned, if we get it right on the pitch ourlseves, we're more than a match for anyone.

We've been so close in recent years, but fallen short. Perhaps this is the year!!?

It's part of my job as a fan to believe. And I will do, whether I'm bonkers or not. It's just how I am with Arsenal. Have been since before "the money". :scarf:

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 09:17 AM
We'll sell song and keep theo.

When song goes, well get someone else in to replace him.

We will definitely see at least 1 new player coming in.

LDG
16-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Let's hope we don't sell Song and Walcott then because that would mean we'd make a profit. If we had no choice but to sell RVP, I'm wondering what choice we have with Theo?

I think we'll sell Song, and replace him.

Not sure on Theo yet. We may bung him on a short contract and flog hime next year :shrug:

I still think we'll sign more players.....but we do have some fucking quality already...and real exciting quality at that. I'm really excited about the new season.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Can't believe I'll be back to hoping Citeh do well (if not us, of course). :sick:

The Wengerbabies
16-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Can't believe I'll be back to hoping Citeh do well (if not us, of course). :sick:

Nasri :bow:

Letters
Let's hope we don't sell Song and Walcott then because that would mean we'd make a profit. If we had no choice but to sell RVP, I'm wondering what choice we have with Theo?Well sure. Right now although I'm disappointed (but not surprised) about RVP I think we'll be OK. Sell Song and Walcott too though and I think we're in trouble.

Power n Glory
No. I just will support whoever plays for us, and stick my fingers up at players who don't. Especially ones who don't want to play for us anymore. And even more espcially the ones who don't want to play for us because they want more money.

I have said countless times what my opinion is of our board, and the theiving ****s who run the club. I'm just commenting that 24million is great business. As in, it's better than 12 million from Juve. We've charged Utd a premium, just as we should do.

He may be brilliant for them....I doubt he'll replicate last season....but I really don't give a shit, because as far as I'm concerned, if we get it right on the pitch ourlseves, we're more than a match for anyone.

We've been so close in recent years, but fallen short. Perhaps this is the year!!?

It's part of my job as a fan to believe. And I will do, whether I'm bonkers or not. It's just how I am with Arsenal. Have been since before "the money". :scarf:

And if the report is true and RVP was encouraged by our signings but we sold him anyway because we had a good offer in from United?

We could end up having a great season but what if Man United pip us for the title? Selling him to Man Utd isn't smart. The fact that he's gone isn't my worry, it's the fact that we didn't stick to our principles and turn down the bid. It's funny how you talk about player greed and then applause the greed of the club at the same time. We sold out to the highest bidder and didn't care that this could really come back to bite us.

Letters
16-08-2012, 09:24 AM
I don't hope they do will but as their achievements are meaningless I don't care what they do.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Ah yeah, wrong choice of word - substitute it for less grating option out of those two.

Letters
16-08-2012, 09:32 AM
If we're going around hoping...thermo-nuclear attack on Manchester and be done with it?

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 09:32 AM

And if the report is true and RVP was encouraged by our signings but we sold him anyway because we had a good offer in from United?

We could end up having a great season but what if Man United pip us for the title? Selling him to Man Utd isn't smart. The fact that he's gone isn't my worry, it's the fact that we didn't stick to our principles and turn down the bid. It's funny how you talk about player greed and then applause the greed of the club at the same time. We sold out to the highest bidder and didn't care that this could really come back to bite us.

The club aren't being greedy, they are being sensible.

Letting rvp go on a free to man utd next season would have been fucking stupid. Selling him to them now for a nice sum is the better option.

LDG
16-08-2012, 09:39 AM

Of course we sold him. I've already explained why I think we have. Age, contract, injury record, good deal.......and there is the added twattery that RVC added himself. As club captain, he chose to make his position at the club untenable.

Following his statement, most fans wanted him pissed off out of the club.

A question for you:

What would you have said if we'd flogged him to Juve for 12mil, and SAF came out and said they offered 24mil??

Re your second point, *sigh*.

If they pip us to the title, then fair do's to them. Stop expecting us to cover every base. There is no perfect club out there. There is no perfect team. We just get behind them. That's what we do.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-08-2012, 09:40 AM
If we're going around hoping...thermo-nuclear attack on Manchester and be done with it?

If it stops before East Lancashire, sure.

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 09:40 AM
The club aren't being greedy, they are being sensible.

Letting rvp go on a free to man utd next season would have been fucking stupid. Selling him to them now for a nice sum is the better option.

Sounds like a double standard to me. Especially if he was prepared to talk about a new deal. But that's a big if.

LDG
16-08-2012, 09:42 AM
If it stops before East Lancashire, sure.

You have the buttons on your control desk, Maccy. Make it so.

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Of course we sold him. I've already explained why I think we have. Age, contract, injury record, good deal.......and there is the added twattery that RVC added himself. As club captain, he chose to make his position at the club untenable.

A question for you:

What would you have said if we'd flogged him to Juve for 12mil, and SAF came out and said they offered 24mil??

If they pip us to the title, then fair do's to them. Stop expecting us to cover every base. There is no perfect club out there. There is no perfect team. We just get behind them. That's what we do.

Yes, I'd have an easier time accepting that. Been saying that from the get go. Don't you see the double standard in this. That sort of argument justifies RVP going to the club that are willing to pay the highest wage.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Sounds like a double standard to me. Especially if he was prepared to talk about a new deal. But that's a big if.

The trouble is he pissed the club off with his statement. It obviously put a wedge between him and the club enough for em to decide to sell him.

Png, mate, for your own sanity, you need to get over this and move on.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Anyway on the bright side, podolski can now be given the no.10 squad number.

Poldi :bow:

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 09:57 AM
The trouble is he pissed the club off with his statement. It obviously put a wedge between him and the club enough for em to decide to sell him.

Png, mate, for your own sanity, you need to get over this and move on.

:lol: Don't try that one. It's a double standard in my eyes and I think people are full of shit. Sorry to be so harsh, but that's my impression and we might as well move on.

Letters
16-08-2012, 10:02 AM
:lol: Don't try that one. It's a double standard in my eyes and I think people are full of shit. Sorry to be so harsh, but that's my impression and we might as well move on.
If this is the same "double standard" as they way we might moan about members of our own family but defend them to people who have a go at them then I think it's a fairly reasonable one.

server too busy!
16-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Jesus people, since when can you force a player to play for a team he has no interest in. RvP rightly didn't want to go to Juventus and the Italian league (its shit), he and his family love England and wanted to stay..however not at Arsenal. So he had two options...City or Utd, he didn't want to go to City and wanted to go to Utd. There were no offers from Barcelona or Real Madrid either stop pretending we could just ship him off where ever we felt like.

Also there is no way Wenger would sell RvP to a major rival if he felt RvP wanted to stay. Its just bullshit PR from vPs people, don't believe everything you read. RvPs statement is as clear an indication as any he had no intention of staying regardless, the statement came out after Podolski and Giroud signed IIRC, so why would he now change his mind? Cazorla?? No it was the £225k on offer...nothing Arsenal could have done beyond bankrupting us for a chronic cripple.

LDG
16-08-2012, 10:13 AM
North London, last night:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhIZhCsoZeFLbRoV77W9kPrNwY9I35Q VGdTcdG0-GP4suzClPY

Joker
16-08-2012, 10:14 AM
I don't understand why people criticise player "greed" but ignore the immense greed of the board, not only those who choose to cash out by selling their shares (PHW) but their single minded obsession with the "self sustainable" model which is simply a euphemism for concentrating on profit maximisation over all else. We have had a negative net spend over the last 5 transfer windows, surely it wouldn't hurt if we actually ran a deficit this time round? Even if selling RVP was unavoidable, we should look to get another striker in, especially one who's done it in a top league (like Llorente). Instead, we're counting the pennies and it's simply a case of "one out, one in".

And Arseblog has become an embarrassment with his Pravda style propaganda BS. The same with Amy Lawrence. She even claimed RVP made some "outlandish" demands without providing any evidence for it.

LDG
16-08-2012, 10:24 AM
I don't understand why people criticise player "greed" but ignore the immense greed of the board, not only those who choose to cash out by selling their shares (PHW) but their single minded obsession with the "self sustainable" model which is simply a euphemism for concentrating on profit maximisation over all else. We have had a negative net spend over the last 5 transfer windows, surely it wouldn't hurt if we actually ran a deficit this time round? Even if selling RVP was unavoidable, we should look to get another striker in, especially one who's done it in a top league (like Llorente). Instead, we're counting the pennies and it's simply a case of "one out, one in".

And Arseblog has become an embarrassment with his Pravda style propaganda BS. The same with Amy Lawrence. She even claimed RVP made some "outlandish" demands without providing any evidence for it.

Just so you don't paint me with your broadbrush:

The only thing that is abundently clear nowadays, is that football is completely and utterly crooked. The "game" is still there, but the tradition and passion has been lost. It's that horrible stench of "celebrity" and Disneyland that seems to fester around every turn.

If it wasn't for the attachment with the club, I would ignore it, like I ignore the X-factor and pretty much anything else cooked up to brainwash the public. It's like finding out you've been adopted. The love is still there, but you feel like nothing is real anymore.

We'll never know what's really going on. It's politics, media and money. There is very little "football" left in the whole thing.

My points on RVP's sale still stand though :good:

Letters
16-08-2012, 10:27 AM
I don't understand why people criticise player "greed" but ignore the immense greed of the board
Don't they criticise both on here?

Do you think self-sustainability in a business is a bad thing btw? Isn't it (as Rangers have just found out) pretty fundamental?

Joker
16-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Just so you don't paint me with your broadbrush:

My points on RVP's sale still stand though :good:

Fair play, my point was more general, especially some of our fans who are beginning to look at every decision made by the club through a financial lens. This is exactly what the board want, and they're beginning to win the propaganda war. It doesn't help when respected bloggers and Arsenal media commentators like Arseblog and Lawrence seem to abandon any critical thinking and simply repeat the bullshit they sprout.

Politics, media and money has corrupted the game, but it all started when the Premier League was formed. The breakaway opened Pandora's box, and while some clubs have adapted to the new scenario, we're still stuck in a time warp.

Joker
16-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Don't they criticise both on here?

Do you think self-sustainability in a business is a bad thing btw? Isn't it (as Rangers have just found out) pretty fundamental?

Self sustainability as defined by our board seems to entail putting financial considerations above all else, so much so that we're willing to sell players not because it's footballistically the right thing to do, but because the money-men demand it. It also implies that ticket prices must respond to the forces of supply and demand, with no ethical considerations about what it means to price out loyal Arsenal supporters from attending games. This sort of corporatist, detached mentality may work for a supermarket or a private sector enterprise, but we're meant to be a football club, and there's more to football than running a steady ship.

What most fans are suggesting would not badly affect self sustainability at all. Certainly it wouldn't result in us becoming like Rangers or Portsmouth (firstly we make a lot more money than those two clubs). Like many have said already, we make a profit during every transfer window, would it destroy our financial integrity to, for once, actually spend more than we receive in sales, and supplement and replenish the squad rather than bringing in players to just replace ones who are leaving?

I_Killed_Kenny
16-08-2012, 10:44 AM
gotta say, this made me chuckle

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/16/3310267/the-secret-diary-of-robin-van-persie-aged-29-and-a-bit

LDG
16-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks to Grebbo for this....but worth posting in here too:

Robin van Persie: Arsenal legend Bob Wilson 'angry' over deal

Arsenal legend Bob Wilson says striker Robin van Persie's impending departure to Manchester United has left him "bordering on anger".

Van Persie, 29, looks set to complete a move away from Arsenal within 48 hours.
"I am disappointed, bordering on a little bit of anger almost, as Robin was made captain and done a fantastic job," Wilson told BBC Radio 4.

"It is difficult for someone like me who has an Arsenal gun sealed to his chest, not just to pat on the shirts."
Wilson said Arsenal would just have to move on from the situation.

He added: "I read all his programme notes about the pride of being Arsenal captain, then a year later he leaves one great club for another great club.

"I'm taking the stance of the 'the king is dead, long live the king' - thank you Robin and goodbye."

However, the former Gunners goalkeeper believes it makes good business sense for manager Arsene Wenger to let the Dutchman go.

"Obviously it is very good business from the Arsenal point of view, their perspective is it is £24m for a 29-year-old who has a history of injury problems and one truly magnificent season in eight. That is great business," said the former Arsenal player.

Wilson claims that he is still excited as Arsenal head into the new season with three new signings - Lukas Podolski, Olivier Giroud and Santi Cazorla.

"I look at it and I'm very excited by the team Arsene Wenger is putting together," said Wilson.
"The fact that Van Persie is gone is hugely disappointing, but he's wiped out in one go a lot of the fee that was spent on three talented players - Podolski, Giroud and the Spaniard Cazorla."

Wilson also believes that Belgian international Thomas Vermaelen is the ready-made replacement for Van Persie as Arsenal captain.
"Any Belgian who captains a Dutch side in Ajax is a special player," added Wilson.

Bob :bow:

Fucking legend.

See, RVC, read. Legend.

Grebbo
16-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Thanks to Grebbo for this....but worth posting in here too:

Bob :bow:

Fucking legend.

See, RVC, read. Legend.

RVP has really shat on us hasn't he? Fucking out of order tbh. If he'd of fucked off abroad then fine but to go to Man U is just not right. A disgrace to the captaincy.

Oh and the first player I want replacing on that 'brothers in arms' stadium wrap around is fucking Patrick Vieira. He was a **** as well always looking for a move and now he's fucking working for Man City. I just hope we one day have another legend to replace him with!

LDG
16-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Victoria Concordia Crescit.. Victory through harmony, not victory through blood-sucking ****s without any club loyalty. As Tony Adams said: "Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they will remember the name on the back"

Saw this on FB. Awlsome post.

LDG
16-08-2012, 11:01 AM
RVP has really shat on us hasn't he? Fucking out of order tbh. If he'd of fucked off abroad then fine but to go to Man U is just not right. A disgrace to the captaincy.

Oh and the first player I want replacing on that 'brothers in arms' stadium wrap around is fucking Patrick Vieira. He was a **** as well always looking for a move and now he's fucking working for Man City. I just hope we one day have another legend to replace him with!

SuperJack :bow:

I pray he gets fit soon, cos he ain't having any of this shit. I tell you. True Gooner that boy.

selassie
16-08-2012, 11:06 AM
SuperJack :bow:

I pray he gets fit soon, cos he ain't having any of this shit. I tell you. True Gooner that boy.

For now, he'll probably be off to Citeh in a few years time.

Grebbo
16-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Arsenal insider twitter dude....

D ‏@AFCAMDEN
AFC one of the few remaining clubs who don't give in to player power. AW 'furious' after statement, RVP's days were numbered. Commendable

LDG
16-08-2012, 11:08 AM
AW :bow:

Taking no shit.

Good man.

Looks like RVC was told to fuck off in the end :lol:

What a ****.

:haha:

Grebbo
16-08-2012, 11:08 AM

server too busy!
16-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Self sustainability as defined by our board seems to entail putting financial considerations above all else, so much so that we're willing to sell players not because it's footballistically the right thing to do, but because the money-men demand it. It also implies that ticket prices must respond to the forces of supply and demand, with no ethical considerations about what it means to price out loyal Arsenal supporters from attending games. This sort of corporatist, detached mentality may work for a supermarket or a private sector enterprise, but we're meant to be a football club, and there's more to football than running a steady ship.

What most fans are suggesting would not badly affect self sustainability at all. Certainly it wouldn't result in us becoming like Rangers or Portsmouth (firstly we make a lot more money than those two clubs). Like many have said already, we make a profit during every transfer window, would it destroy our financial integrity to, for once, actually spend more than we receive in sales, and supplement and replenish the squad rather than bringing in players to just replace ones who are leaving?

But is it not also true that our wage structure is such that even after those sales we are struggling to break even. Once commercial contracts can be renewed (where a lot of our money is lost) we'll be a lot freer to spend without loss and thus not having to sell to buy. Also with all these sales has it really disrupted our league position?

LDG
16-08-2012, 11:15 AM
But is it not also true that our wage structure is such that even after those sales we are struggling to break even. Once commercial contracts can be renewed (where a lot of our money is lost) we'll be a lot freer to spend without loss and thus not having to sell to buy. Also with all these sales has it really disrupted our league position?

No it certainly hasn't.

But we seem to have done some brilliant business this summer, which could potentially see us move closer to the top.

Serious. Couple more astute buys like the three we've already made, and we're challenging for the title. No shit.

Syn
16-08-2012, 11:18 AM
I think I won't really be too bothered with Van Persie leaving as long as we actually use that £24m and buy another good player. Not necessarily up front - ideally in midfield, but we need another good signing in the standard of Cazorla/Podolski/Giroud. That way, 4 in, 1 out (albeit the 'out' being one of the best around) allows for more balance. If Song leaves as well, we need to make it 5 in, 2 out.

Only then can we say that the club are serious about progressing. But we know that isn't going to happen. And that's why I'm a little fucked off. I'm not angry at Van Persie - it's the club I'm annoyed at. The inevitable mid-table signing from Ligue 1 will follow and we'll call it a day. All the good work from earlier on in the window ruined.

GP
16-08-2012, 11:25 AM
One midfielder, one fullback and we're winning the league.

Letters
16-08-2012, 11:35 AM
http://thisisfutbol.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/ArseneWengerSmiling.jpg

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Have we officially sold this **** yet?

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 11:59 AM

It's really tiresome and would have thought we'd have all learned by now. I remember pouring scorn upon Henry for leaving and being pissed that we didn't get more money. The argument was, we'd be better off without him, he shackles the young players with his constant stares of disapproval when he doesn't receive the ball, the young players are better off without him and he's getting old.

But look at last season and how views have changed. Mine included. We're now saying we need more experience in the club to teach the kids, Henry's presence during the loan period had a positive influence on the dressing room and we're missing that winning spirit and players that kick over players up the backside when not putting in a shift, we shipped out the Invincible squad too early...blah blah blah. It's quite a turn around from what I was thinking some years ago when drunk off the project youth train. We hit this road all the time and seem to think we're not losing a piece of the club when we sell our star players like this. When it happens there is always this reaction then reservation once everything has settled and we've had time to reflect. Can't keep blaming the players this and really need to look at the source of the greed. That's why I'm not buying the propaganda.

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 12:04 PM
I think I won't really be too bothered with Van Persie leaving as long as we actually use that £24m and buy another good player. Not necessarily up front - ideally in midfield, but we need another good signing in the standard of Cazorla/Podolski/Giroud. That way, 4 in, 1 out (albeit the 'out' being one of the best around) allows for more balance. If Song leaves as well, we need to make it 5 in, 2 out.

Only then can we say that the club are serious about progressing. But we know that isn't going to happen. And that's why I'm a little fucked off. I'm not angry at Van Persie - it's the club I'm annoyed at. The inevitable mid-table signing from Ligue 1 will follow and we'll call it a day. All the good work from earlier on in the window ruined.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted he would have preferred to have sold Robin van Persie to PSG rather than Manchester United.

The Netherlands striker is set to seal a move in the region of £24 million to the Red Devils in time to make his debut on Monday in their Premier League opener against Everton.

Wenger told French TV station TF1: "We wanted to avoid that at all cost, but we weren't able to. Honestly, I'd have preferred to sell him abroad, to PSG, for example, over Manchester United.

"They have the advantage of having played against him and knowing he's a great ****. He's truly an exceptional **** in every sense of the word."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/16/3311212/wenger-id-have-preferred-to-sell-van-persie-to-psg-not

Wenger :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Arsenal insider twitter dude....

Wenger :bow:

Tbf fergie did the same thing with Beckham when he started causing problems with the flying boot incident.

Glad to see wenger hasn't completely lost his backbone and can be ruthless. Although a small part of me can't help but think he's cut off his nose to spite his face on this occasion.

A very small part, god, ffs, rvp you ****!

LDG
16-08-2012, 01:03 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534638_3878386811754_1047918193_n.jpg

Syn
16-08-2012, 01:05 PM
"We wanted to avoid that at all cost, but we weren't able to.

Shut up, Arsene. It's not any cost, it's £24m. All these principles and all this philosophy and no balls.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 01:06 PM
"We wanted to avoid that at all cost, but we weren't able to.

Shut up, Arsene. It's not any cost, it's £24m. All these principles and all this philosophy and no balls.
And no one else who were willing to pay the asking price.

Syn
16-08-2012, 01:11 PM
And no one else who were willing to pay the asking price.

He says he wanted to avoid selling to Man Utd at all costs. The club could have avoided it. The price for the indignity was £24m. Right now we're hearing all this stuff about Arsene being angry and tired and ruthless - well he's not calling it like it is, is he? All this principled 'they are our rivals' bullshit means nothing now. You can't hand your best player to a club you're trying to catch. That just doesn't make footballing sense. But it does make financial sense - and that is where our priorities lie.

LDG
16-08-2012, 01:18 PM
He says he wanted to avoid selling to Man Utd at all costs. The club could have avoided it. The price for the indignity was £24m. Right now we're hearing all this stuff about Arsene being angry and tired and ruthless - well he's not calling it like it is, is he? All this principled 'they are our rivals' bullshit means nothing now. You can't hand your best player to a club you're trying to catch. That just doesn't make footballing sense. But it does make financial sense - and that is where our priorities lie.

WUMger has gotten to you.

When will people learn to stop listening to every word that lying **** says?

We've done the right thing under the circumstances. Keeping him was impossible. Seeling him cheap was not feasible (especially given what people say about wanting money him to spend money).

What Wenger says and what is reality is something entirely different. If people around the club are saying he is angry, and if other insiders are angry, it means they are pissed off with the whole thing. Not really a willing reaction to this is it?

Syn
16-08-2012, 01:27 PM
WUMger has gotten to you.

When will people learn to stop listening to every word that lying **** says?

We've done the right thing under the circumstances. Keeping him was impossible. Seeling him cheap was not feasible (especially given what people say about wanting money him to spend money).

What Wenger says and what is reality is something entirely different. If people around the club are saying he is angry, and if other insiders are angry, it means they are pissed off with the whole thing. Not really a willing reaction to this is it?

If he really wanted to show that he has had enough, he would've kept Van Persie to his final year of his contract and kept true to the stance that the club originally had in response to Van Persie's statement. You don't play him as a first team regular, you play him as a squad player and take a look at his performance - if they're bad, you demote him again and bring him out for the Carling Cup games. Yes, he would be a very expensive Carling Cup player but it's only for the year and in this way you haven't strengthened your rivals and let the other ****s that pipe up (Song? Walcott?) know exactly what they're dealing with. That's what would happen if Wenger was angry.

As it happens, this is absolutely no different to what has been happening every year. It's comforting for you to think that maybe this time it's really different and it's our choice to sell. But this is exactly the same scenario as Cesc, Nasri and others. Somebody throws a tantrum and they get their wish. I guess you can spin that as you wish. But it's getting hard to avoid the trend now.

LDG
16-08-2012, 01:34 PM
If he really wanted to show that he has had enough, he would've kept Van Persie to his final year of his contract and kept true to the stance that the club originally had in response to Van Persie's statement. You don't play him as a first team regular, you play him as a squad player and take a look at his performance - if they're bad, you demote him again and bring him out for the Carling Cup games. Yes, he would be a very expensive Carling Cup player but it's only for the year and in this way you haven't strengthened your rivals and let the other ****s that pipe up (Song? Walcott?) know exactly what they're dealing with. That's what would happen if Wenger was angry.

As it happens, this is absolutely no different to what has been happening every year. It's comforting for you to think that maybe this time it's really different and it's our choice to sell. But this is exactly the same scenario as Cesc, Nasri and others. Somebody throws a tantrum and they get their wish. I guess you can spin that as you wish. But it's getting hard to avoid the trend now.

Nobody is saying that it was soley our choice to sell. Van ****face engineered that all by himself.

Do you honestly think that our board would sanction turning down 24million?

Of course not.

We were left with no option, but we've managed to get a fucking awesome deal out of it.

And I'm sure Wenger is angry.

Seriously. Nobody wanted RVP to leave. Nobody. Up until the utter twat decided to make it impossible for us to keep him.

Syn
16-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Nobody is saying that it was soley our choice to sell. Van ****face engineered that all by himself.

Do you honestly think that our board would sanction turning down 24million?

Of course not.

We were left with no option, but we've managed to get a fucking awesome deal out of it.

And I'm sure Wenger is angry.

Seriously. Nobody wanted RVP to leave. Nobody. Up until the utter twat decided to make it impossible for us to keep him.

If after giving 16 years of service, having made my employers a fuckload of money and helped the most to move the company to another level, the higher-ups wouldn't let me have my way for one big-money decision, I would walk. If this Van Persie deal was the one where Wenger had finally had enough, he would've got his way. As it happens, he's happy with his arrangement.

The only thing that gives me a little encouragement that the 'fucking awesome deal' will be a good deal for the fans POV is that we got this out the way before the season starts. We still have a couple of weeks to bring in good players - even though it will be hard to find clubs that'll be willing to sell their best players right now. We might've dragged this out until deadline day to get the best deal possible.

KSE Comedy Club
He says he wanted to avoid selling to Man Utd at all costs. The club could have avoided it. The price for the indignity was £24m. Right now we're hearing all this stuff about Arsene being angry and tired and ruthless - well he's not calling it like it is, is he? All this principled 'they are our rivals' bullshit means nothing now. You can't hand your best player to a club you're trying to catch. That just doesn't make footballing sense. But it does make financial sense - and that is where our priorities lie.Cazorla is still with us :shrug:

gooners

Quit banging your head mate.

Bashing the player is the way to go.

How anyone can justify selling the club captain,best player and player of the season to a club you are supposed to be competing with is odd. I'm yet to see any major business do this --- if we are to pretend to ne a business.

LDG
16-08-2012, 01:44 PM
I thought you'd be down with this one Syn :unsure:

Ah well.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 01:47 PM

It wouldn't work.

The idea is a lovely one and it's what most if not all of us would like to see happen, but it's a pipe dream.

Those days are gone, rvp would become a cancer and the constant speculation about his future and how 'he didn't play this week, does that affect the squad?' type questions would be our undoing. The damage to this new squad would be huge.

The club have done the right thing, you may not feel like it now because of the circumstances and it being fresh, but given time you'll feel differently in the long run.

For me it's not about the financial side of things, it's the long term overall impact him staying for the last year would have on the rest of the team.

LDG
16-08-2012, 01:49 PM

How anyone can justify selling the club captain,best player and player of the season to a club you are supposed to be competing with is odd. I'm yet to see any major business do this --- if we are to pretend to ne a business.

For the last time.

NOBODY IS TYING TO JUSTIFY IT!!

It is the best deal we could possibly get.

Jesus.

We couldn't keep the ****.

And bashing the player is always the way to go. Especially one who has engineered a move for a payrise.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 01:50 PM
****VP, Robin Van ****sie, RV**** and so on wanted to leave

We sold to the highest bidder

Businesses do that all the time tbh

Syn
16-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Cazorla is still with us :shrug:

He looks brilliant, it must be said.

gooners
16-08-2012, 01:55 PM
It wouldn't work.

The idea is a lovely one and it's what most if not all of us would like to see happen, but it's a pipe dream.

Those days are gone, rvp would become a cancer and the constant speculation about his future and how 'he didn't play this week, does that affect the squad?' type questions would be our undoing. The damage to this new squad would be huge.

The club have done the right thing, you may not feel like it now because of the circumstances and it being fresh, but given time you'll feel differently in the long run.

For me it's bit about the financial side of things, it's the long term overall impact him staying for thy last year would have on the rest of the team.

We still kept the vieiras and henrys --- the former especially despite wharever. United kept Rooney -- was tjat player power?

gooners
16-08-2012, 01:57 PM
For the last time.

NOBODY IS TYING TO JUSTIFY IT!!

It is the best deal we could possibly get.

Jesus.

We couldn't keep the ****.

And bashing the player is always the way to go. Especially one who has engineered a move for a payrise.

How do you know any of that? Making up shit to bas the player? That is my farking point!

LDG
16-08-2012, 01:58 PM
How do you know any of that? Making up shit to bas the player? That is my farking point!

So I made that statement up then?

Syn
16-08-2012, 01:59 PM
I thought you'd be down with this one Syn :unsure:

Ah well.

I want what we all want - our club back. I don't want us to be messed around by our high-performing players every summer. We have to stop this trend somehow - and it will only start with a 'No' somewhere along the line.

Song, Walcott, Vermaelen...we don't know where it'll end. We all want players that want to play for the Arsenal. We keep thinking the new batch of players are different. But didn't we think Van Persie was one of us last season? Another recent example is Flamini.

I agree that we cannot compete with the wages other clubs can offer - and I understand if we couldn't get Van Persie to stay on after next season but as far now, as a matter of principle, we really should have tried to stop the rot and looked to cut the gap at the top. I really thought the club would, for once, make the decision that didn't just make the most financial sense. And that's why I'm very disappointed.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 02:00 PM

As opposed to them being able to go there for free the following year?

Syn
16-08-2012, 02:02 PM

Oh don't get me wrong, I think Van Persie has been an absolute **** about this. But there is blame on both sides, for sure.

Joker
16-08-2012, 02:04 PM
I want what we all want - our club back. I don't want us to be messed around by our high-performing players every summer. We have to stop this trend somehow - and it will only start with a 'No' somewhere along the line.

Song, Walcott, Vermaelen...we don't know where it'll end. We all want players that want to play for the Arsenal. We keep thinking the new batch of players are different. But didn't we think Van Persie was one of us last season? Another recent example is Flamini.

I agree that we cannot compete with the wages other clubs can offer - and I understand if we couldn't get Van Persie to stay on after next season but as far now, as a matter of principle, we really should have tried to stop the rot and looked to cut the gap at the top. I really thought the club would, for once, make the decision that didn't just make the most financial sense. And that's why I'm very disappointed.

Unfortunately it seems the current board make most decisions based primarily on financial considerations, which is not healthy for the club in the long run.

Letters
16-08-2012, 02:05 PM
I want what we all want - our club back.
I suggest you start work on that flux capacitor then.

My initial thought was that we should keep him for the year but others on here made me reconsider because
1) We'd have a player who everyone knows wants to leave, I don't see how that helps us as a club.
2) He'd just leave on a free, possibly still to Utd, a year later.

I think it's harsh to say that we've done this only because of the finances, there are other things to consider.

KSE Comedy Club

He looks brilliant, it must be said.

That's better ;)

Cripps_orig
As for the RVP bashing, why shouldnt we?

This is the **** that was injured season in and season out for 7 years in a row, he manages to keep fit for one season and produces the goods and then fucks off showing no loyalty to the club and more importantly the fans who stuck by him every season including when he was accused as a rapist.

Hopefully that case is reopened tbh and he is found to be one after all

LDG
16-08-2012, 02:07 PM

Dude, the only clubs who can keep hold of their players are the ones with the most money.

That's why you don't see any of them clamouring for a move from City, Barca or Madrid. Because they're all quids in.

Rooney tried it, and Utd bowed down and gave him the money.

We haven't. And I'm actually quite proud of that.

But as everyone is saying. I hope we invest that 24 million back into the squad (assuming we spent the QR profit on our earlier signings).

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 02:08 PM
We still kept the vieiras and henrys --- the former especially despite wharever. United kept Rooney -- was tjat player power?

Utd kept Rooney by paying him £220k pw.

We kept vieira for a couple of seasons before we sold him on after his endless will he/won't he sagas.

Henry signed his last ever contract then we sold him to barca the next season. His marriage breakdown had more to do with that though I suspect.

Joker
16-08-2012, 02:08 PM
As for the RVP bashing, why shouldnt we?

This is the **** that was injured season in and season out for 7 years in a row, he manages to keep fit for one season and produces the goods and then fucks off showing no loyalty to the club and more importantly the fans who stuck by him every season including when he was accused as a rapist.

Hopefully that case is reopened tbh and he is found to be one after all

No problem calling him a ****, but you need to question why we keep losing our first team players. And at least part of the blame lies in the direction the club has taken since 2005, with the obsession with "self sustainability" having seen us cut adrift from the top teams in the Premier League.

gooners
16-08-2012, 02:10 PM
So I made that statement up then?

Here we go again. I'm not debating that shit all over again. Sorry carry on :tiphat:

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 02:11 PM
No problem calling him a ****, but you need to question why we keep losing our first team players. And at least part of the blame lies in the direction the club has taken since 2005, with the obsession with "self sustainability" having seen us cut adrift from the top teams in the Premier League.

Oh dont get me wrong, the club have many faults and are not blameless in this but certainly in RVCs case, you'd expect a bit more loyalty

Syn
16-08-2012, 02:11 PM
I suggest you start work on that flux capacitor then.

My initial thought was that we should keep him for the year but others on here made me reconsider because
1) We'd have a player who everyone knows wants to leave, I don't see how that helps us as a club.

About this - it's not like a switch that goes off in a player's mind where he thinks "I want to leave" or "I want to say". When Van Persie was banging in all those goals last year - and choosing to delay the contract situation until the end of the season - it's very possible he didn't want to be here then. Same with Flamini - when he was putting in those fantastic performances in his final year of his contract, he would've known he wanted out at the end of the season. Van Persie still had the incentive of playing for a big contract. And at 30 years old (which he would've been this time next year) to attract the calibre of clubs he wanted, he would've had to produce the goods, I think.

How everyone else around the squad would feel...I don't know. I definitely would've taken the captaincy off him (whether that means anything any-more or not). All the Dortmund players knew Kagawa was off at the end of the season and they won their league. Similar with Giroud in the French. Looking at the training photos, everyone was still having a laugh with Van Persie right up to last week. As I said, it's not like a switch that goes off. We're talking about grown men who are, these days, used to seeing players come and go. But sending a message that "if you're contracted, you have to stay" is probably more likely to keep them in line.

Marc Overmars
16-08-2012, 02:13 PM
RVC. :lol:

Awful ****.

Munchies
16-08-2012, 02:16 PM
http://d3t45djmzb6oz8.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/vp/1493.jpg

Letters
16-08-2012, 02:17 PM
About this - it's not like a switch that goes off in a player's mind where he thinks "I want to leave" or "I want to say". When Van Persie was banging in all those goals last year - and choosing to delay the contract situation until the end of the season - it's very possible he didn't want to be here then. Same with Flamini - when he was putting in those fantastic performances in his final year of his contract, he would've known he wanted out at the end of the season. Van Persie still had the incentive of playing for a big contract. And at 30 years old (which he would've been this time next year) to attract the calibre of clubs he wanted, he would've had to produce the goods, I think.

How everyone else around the squad would feel...I don't know. I definitely would've taken the captaincy off him (whether that means anything any-more or not). All the Dortmund players knew Kagawa was off at the end of the season and they won their league. Similar with Giroud in the French. Looking at the training photos, everyone was still having a laugh with Van Persie right up to last week. As I said, it's not like a switch that goes off. We're talking about grown men who are, these days, used to seeing players come and go. But sending a message that "if you're contracted, you have to stay" is probably more likely to keep them in line.
I think once he made that statement though...made his position very difficult. And I think he's intelligent enough, and well advised enough, to know that the statement would rather force our hand. I think he'd have done a job for us, I don't think he'd have sulked the place up, but the effect on the rest of the squad...I dunno. I'd rather have players around who want to play for us.

Letters
16-08-2012, 02:17 PM
NBN lent RvP his shirt? :o

NBN :bow:

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 02:18 PM

Didnt realise NBN looked like that ****

KSE Comedy Club

I agree with what you are saying here, and had VP kept quiet and kept things between him and the club private then maybe things would be different.

But the shit hit the fan when he released that statement.

It doesn't matter what side of the fence you sit on or whether you blame the board, manager, rvp or the club tea lady, the fact is that his statement did all the damage.

I should imagine it left the club and wenger a bit red faced and probably more so wenger.

gooners
As opposed to them being able to go there for free the following year?

Yes. Then we really didn't have a choice. But as always it was about money first. People are on here cheering about how Rvp has been told to fuck off despite wanting to change his mind based on the signings made. Yet in the same breath claim that he was greedy. The only greedy party here is the club. Hostory confirms it is money first with us. Yet we are happy to slag players off if they do the same.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Yes. Then we really didn't have a choice. But as always it was about money first. People are on here cheering about how Rvp has been told to fuck off despite wanting to change his mind based on the signings made. Yet in the same breath claim that he was greedy. The only greedy party here is the club. Hostory confirms it is money first with us. Yet we are happy to slag players off if they do the same.

Firstly, why should the club suffer, be humiliated and let him go on a free when instead we can be compensated?

And secondly, so fucking what?

IBK
16-08-2012, 02:22 PM
IMO what people are missing in defending RVP is that few people are disputing his right to work where he wants to. They are angry because he has proved himself two-faced; mercenary and needlessly heedless of the club that he is captain to further his own position.

Two-faced because only last year he stated that it was not about the money and that he was committed to winning things with us - yet a year later when he has had his stand out season, he wants to win trophies somewhere else.

Mercenary because despite Arsenal investing properly in quality players in order to mount more of a challenge, he has gone to a rivel for more money.

A c*nt because he was prepared to destabilise the club in order to get his move.

I'll say again that I am quite surprised that people are defending him over the club that they support. RVP hasn't broken any laws, and he is no different to most other modern players, but he has turned his back on the club that stood by him, made his captain, and where he made his name - and its strange that despite this some supporters remain loyal.

Bigger picture as far as I am concerned, those criticising the club for letting him walk are really criticising one thing - the refusal of AFC to break the bank to keep him. Do people not realise that to try to go toe to toe with 2 clubs that are funded by oil billionaires, and another club that is arguably the most famous club on the planet - with sponsorship income to match, is folly. Surely there are enough examples of clubs over-reaching themselves to make people not wantour club to take a similar route. And trying to satisfy RVP's wage demands would not stop there - it would become a perennial problem with players wanting to be paid more and more.

My view - over optimistic as it may be, is that Wenger is taking the club in a different dirction now. As outstanding season was, RVP was part of a team that ultimately under-achieved between 2006 and now - as were all of the more illustrious players who have left. Yes, there were other players who have underperformed - unlike RVP when he has been fit - but they are on their way out too. Ultimately, in RVP we have got rid of a player who only managed one full season with us, is 29, and who lately has shown he is a trouble-maker. £20M + is damn good business, and although its Manure - if they wanted another top striker its not as though they wouldn't get one.

So for me- bring on the season. Lets watch players who want to be here, and lets consign RVP to the list of player who could have been legends for us but who shoed their true colours at the end. i for one won;t be welcoming him back to the Emirates.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 02:23 PM
So the fact we wanted money for letting our best player go rather than letting him go on a free makes the club greedy?

Id say that makes us sensible

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 02:31 PM
So the fact we wanted money for letting our best player go rather than letting him go on a free makes the club greedy?

Exactly what I said.

gooners
16-08-2012, 02:32 PM

Yes. Originally, the clubs response was that he has a contract and he will honour ot as the professional he is. We are also to believe that he actually came around looking at the signings made so far --- but he was sold anyway to our rival. People are actually cheering that. But then he was sold because we were looking to balance the books.

Yet he is the greedy one? The farking irony. De ja vu

Syn
16-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Bigger picture as far as I am concerned, those criticising the club for letting him walk are really criticising one thing - the refusal of AFC to break the bank to keep him. Do people not realise that to try to go toe to toe with 2 clubs that are funded by oil billionaires, and another club that is arguably the most famous club on the planet - with sponsorship income to match, is folly. Surely there are enough examples of clubs over-reaching themselves to make people not wantour club to take a similar route. And trying to satisfy RVP's wage demands would not stop there - it would become a perennial problem with players wanting to be paid more and more.

From my perspective it's not like that. Obviously I would've liked RVP to extend his contract but I'm realistic that we can't compete with other interested clubs in terms of wages. But my explanation for wanting to keep for this year is more about the club taking a stand to these players that are able to freely get their desired move every summer (and other reasons I've made on previous posts about wanting to cut the gap at the top). Even the spuds seem to put up a bigger resistance than us - they got Bale to sign, and kept Modric last summer (although he seems off this time). Bale's no Van Persie, but then against Tottenham are no Arsenal, with playing history and CL football, we still have the bigger pull, so in relative terms it's a similar scenario. I think we've caved in to the demands of a spoilt brat. And I really wanted us not to do that even if he would then move to Man Utd or City or whoever next season. We've shown ourselves to be lacking character in a big way IMO.

Don't really want to moan about it any more - just really hoping the club do make at least one good addition and I hope, as Lee Dixon says, the biggest signing of the summer is Steve Bould. Individually, we have a great set of defenders but if Bould can get us to keep a better shape, we'll be much improved.

GP
16-08-2012, 02:34 PM
But then he was sold because we were looking to balance the books.

He was sold because he made his position untenable.

But of course you know that.

LDG
16-08-2012, 02:35 PM
RVC. :lol:

Awful ****.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Yes. Originally, the clubs response was that he has a contract and he will honour ot as the professional he is. We are also to believe that he actually came around looking at the signings made so far --- but he was sold anyway to our rival. People are actually cheering that. But then he was sold because we were looking to balance the books.

Yet he is the greedy one? The farking irony. De ja vu
Why do you care so much?

What exactly do you want everyone to do?

Oh poor, poor rvp, how badly we've all treated you, sob sob.

Fuck that shit!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-08-2012, 02:39 PM
It's motivated by Greed because we won't spend any of that money to strengthen the squad so we might as well have let him run down his contract and kept scoring goals.
Podolski and Giroud bought to fill the void instead of compliment the dutch man, cazorla bought to replace walcott rather than add to our midfield options, and we will hear that shit about frimpong being like a new signing when he has to step up to replace song when ever he comes back from his injury half the player he was.
And anyone kidding themselves that Wilshere will ever appear on a football pitch again need their head examining.

gooners
16-08-2012, 02:39 PM
He was sold because he made his position untenable.

But of course you know that.

Yeah, rooney seems to be struggling at utd.

LDG
16-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Yeah, rooney seems to be struggling at utd.

So you're effectively saying, we should have bowed down to RVP, who publicly aired an opposing view to our manager, and then double his dollar?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-08-2012, 02:42 PM
The worst thing is that the players we should be selling will still be with us like saggy flesh on a fat woman whose crash dieted come september 1st. Cos the economics graduate put them on stupid wages, well done wenger.......you should work in the banks, they like handing out economic incentives to their staff for fuck all.

gooners
16-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Why do you care so much?

What exactly do you want everyone to do?

Oh poor, poor rvp, how badly we've all treated you, sob sob.

Fuck that shit!

Grow the fuck up.

Some of us are actually tired of the same old shit being made up and spewed on an annual basis

gooners
16-08-2012, 02:44 PM
So you're effectively saying, we should have bowed down to RVP, who publicly aired an opposing view to our manager, and then double his dollar?

Yeah, thats what i mean :rolleyes:

And that's what actually happened in rooneys case, utd bowed to him :rolleyes:

LDG
16-08-2012, 02:46 PM

Yes. Exactly.

And you're saying we should have done the same?

gooners
16-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Yes. Exactly.

Sarcasm lost on you too? Oh well

Syn

Well, yeah. :unsure:

They offered him a massive contract not far off what he could've got at Man City.

Offering Van Persie a contract we couldn't afford would be conceding the battle. But keeping Van Persie for his final year wouldn't have meant bowing down to him because he wouldn't have benefited in any way.

Cripps_orig

Yet he is the greedy one? The farking irony. De ja vuWe were never going to keep RVP after his statement. All this "we'll keep him til the end of hs contract" BS is the same as last years "we cant be called a big club if we sell Cesc and Nasri". I dont believe much of what comes out of Arsenal these days so i sure as hell didnt believe that. Looks like you did. History suggests you shouldnt have.

As for RVP coming around after the signings we made, too little too late. We had moved on. Pre season was nearly over and all through it we prepared for a season without the **** so when the **** decided to stay, if he did, he was rightly told to fuck off and i respect the club for that. Who does RVC think he is thinking he can make a statement like he does pushing for a move and then deciding he wants to stay? The club decides if he goes or stays and we made the decision. Only time will tell if its wrong or right but atm, it sure as hell feels right.

Ideally he wouldnt have been sold to Man Utd. Wenger himself has come out and said he'd have rather have sold to PSG or Juve than Man Utd but neither offered what we wanted. Man Utd did and from ive read, RVP only wanted to go there to partner Rooney in a so called dream strike force.

We got the best deal we could from a One Season Wonder ****. That doesnt make us greedy, that makes us sensible. Thats not to say we arent greedy. Ive posted til im blue in the face about everything wrong with the board and manager as others will testify but thats another story.

gooners
The worst thing is that the players we should be selling will still be with us likeu saggy flesh on a fat woman whose crash dieted come september 1st. Cos the economics graduate put them on stupid wages, well done wenger.......you should work in the banks, they like handing out economic incentives to their staff for fuck all.

Good post.

GP
16-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Yes. Exactly.

Nonsense innit?

LDG
16-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Sarcasm lost on you too? Oh well

Not only the sarcasm.

gooners
16-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Nonsense innit?

Yes, alex ferguson bowed to rooney! Unbelievable some of the things that get said on here.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Well, yeah. :unsure:

They offered him a massive contract not far off what he could've got at Man City.

Offering Van Persie a contract we couldn't afford would be conceding the battle. But keeping Van Persie for his final year wouldn't have meant bowing down to him because he wouldn't have benefited in any way.

The club is run like it's in administration sometimes, 24m would be a lot of money if we were in anyway prepared to invest the money....but because we are saddled with a massive wage bill because no-one on the board has the guts to tell Arsene he fucked up royally in case he gets in a strop and leaves. Honestly the more I hear about how Wenger manages the team, the more i think he guy is a cancer. There is next to nothing in the way of tactical nous or defensive coaching, no-one dares question the guy on his approach......he is basically a revered autocrat because of what he achieved in the past.
Even the Chinese got fed up with Mao Tse Tsung at some point

GP
16-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Yes, alex ferguson bowed to rooney! Unbelievable some of the things that get said on here.

Rooney said what he said to attempt to get a pay rise.

He then got a pay rise.

Difficult one, this...

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-08-2012, 02:56 PM

Well isn't that actually what happened though?....Stretford got Rooney to say he wanted to leave when he didn't....and used it as a bluff to get the club to agree to his wage demands. He doesn't do it often, but Ferguson felt he couldn't do without Rooney (albeit a dangerously off form Rooney at the time) in his team so gave in to him.
Not saying we should have done that by the way, we should have let Van Persie run down his contract....because if we are not going to spend the cash we get for him on a replacement than we might as well keep him.

Marc Overmars
16-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Thing is, I don't begrduge him wanting to leave. It's been hugely frustrating few years for the club, so on a professional level I get why someone of his ability might fancy a change. The sad thing was his statement, not only making our position untenable but to deride the club itself and then try to fob the fans off with his sentimental bullshit.

We didn't like the manner in which Cesc left last year but he wasn't a disingenuous prick, he never said a word out of respect for the club and that's how RVC should have conducted himself instead of engineering the bloody thing in public.

Xhaka Can’t
16-08-2012, 03:16 PM

A question for you:

I'd have preferred the Juve option. O would also have preferred another season out of him, if only to prevent it strengthening a direct rival.

With the signings made we could be in with a shout of the title, but now we've managed to shoot both feet with one bullet, weakening our team and making it more likely United win the title

I also do not like the message it sends out. If he had seen out his contracy and went there, then that was his own business, but he'd be another year older and they'd still have to offer him a stupid contract.

All that said, I sincerely hope he has the playing record he had with us over the first seven seasons we stood by this greedy cu.nt

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Marc Overmars
16-08-2012, 03:27 PM
We waited 7 years for him to become the player we all knew he had ability to be. First chance he gets to fuck off and he's gone.

You know what you are, you know what you arrrree, Robin Van Persie, you know what you are.

After this saga, I don't trust any **** that plays for us anymore. If only Jack wasn't dead, now there was a filthy little GHEL we could all put our faith in.

gooners
16-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Rooney said what he said to attempt to get a pay rise.

He then got a pay rise.

Difficult one, this...

Ferguson bowed to rooney and gave him an inflated raise -- oh dear. Or rooney was right -- united's squad the past two seasons have been shit! And, he was given the necessary assurances. Hence the splash on RVP?

But I suppose looking at it that way wont, fit the 'players are greedy' mantra

GP
16-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Ferguson bowsed to rooney and gave him an inflate raise

I'm glad we could clear that up.

LDG
16-08-2012, 03:35 PM
We waited 7 years for him to become the player we all knew he had ability to be. First chance he gets to fuck off and he's gone.

You know what you are, you know what you arrrree, Robin Van Persie, you know what you are.

After this saga, I don't trust any **** that plays for us anymore. If only Jack wasn't dead, now there was a filthy little GHEL we could all put our faith in.

Letters
16-08-2012, 03:39 PM
*wonders when Utd play Stoke*
Come on, Shawcross. You know what to do.

IBK
16-08-2012, 03:42 PM
From my perspective it's not like that. Obviously I would've liked RVP to extend his contract but I'm realistic that we can't compete with other interested clubs in terms of wages. But my explanation for wanting to keep for this year is more about the club taking a stand to these players that are able to freely get their desired move every summer (and other reasons I've made on previous posts about wanting to cut the gap at the top). Even the spuds seem to put up a bigger resistance than us - they got Bale to sign, and kept Modric last summer (although he seems off this time). Bale's no Van Persie, but then against Tottenham are no Arsenal, with playing history and CL football, we still have the bigger pull, so in relative terms it's a similar scenario. I think we've caved in to the demands of a spoilt brat. And I really wanted us not to do that even if he would then move to Man Utd or City or whoever next season. We've shown ourselves to be lacking character in a big way IMO.

Don't really want to moan about it any more - just really hoping the club do make at least one good addition and I hope, as Lee Dixon says, the biggest signing of the summer is Steve Bould. Individually, we have a great set of defenders but if Bould can get us to keep a better shape, we'll be much improved.

I understand the argument, but realistically I don't think keeping RVP would have worked. Difference between him and Rooney is that RVP was the captain, longest serving and most influential player at our club. No matter how professional people think he might have been, I don't buy that a pissed off, want away player would perform anythiong like how he did last season. You might say that his decision that he wanted away was made before the end of the season and he still produced, but I think that he would have had the motivation to maximise his final contract (perhaps with us - more likely elsewhere). It would be inhuman not to. I think it would have been a very different proposition to maintain his mojo for a whole season while he felt he was being kept against his will and would be 30 years old once the season finished. Not to mention that he would have had to be stripped of the armband.

We saw this with Adebayor when he had his stand out season - and he'd been rewarded with a fat new contract!

AW has a habit of getting rid of players who don't buy into his vision, whether rightly or wrongly. IMO - it sends out just as much of a message that if you screw with the club you are sold - at a price that suits AFC - as it does to keep an unhappy player - with all the potential for corroding the harmony of the team.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Grow the fuck up.

Some of us are actually tired of the same old shit being made up and spewed on an annual basis

Oh dear :lol:

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 03:46 PM
We were never going to keep RVP after his statement. All this "we'll keep him til the end of hs contract" BS is the same as last years "we cant be called a big club if we sell Cesc and Nasri". I dont believe much of what comes out of Arsenal these days so i sure as hell didnt believe that. Looks like you did. History suggests you shouldnt have.

As for RVP coming around after the signings we made, too little too late. We had moved on. Pre season was nearly over and all through it we prepared for a season without the **** so when the **** decided to stay, if he did, he was rightly told to fuck off and i respect the club for that. Who does RVC think he is thinking he can make a statement like he does pushing for a move and then deciding he wants to stay? The club decides if he goes or stays and we made the decision. Only time will tell if its wrong or right but atm, it sure as hell feels right.

Ideally he wouldnt have been sold to Man Utd. Wenger himself has come out and said he'd have rather have sold to PSG or Juve than Man Utd but neither offered what we wanted. Man Utd did and from ive read, RVP only wanted to go there to partner Rooney in a so called dream strike force.

We got the best deal we could from a One Season Wonder ****. That doesnt make us greedy, that makes us sensible. Thats not to say we arent greedy. Ive posted til im blue in the face about everything wrong with the board and manager as others will testify but thats another story.

No, no, no.

Your just making stuff up and believing everything the club/media are telling you.

You cant possibly have the capacity to make up your own mind about such things.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Ferguson bowed to rooney and gave him an inflated raise -- oh dear. Or rooney was right -- united's squad the past two seasons have been shit! And, he was given the necessary assurances. Hence the splash on RVP?

pure wumming right there.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 03:54 PM
I understand the argument, but realistically I don't think keeping RVP would have worked. Difference between him and Rooney is that RVP was the captain, longest serving and most influential player at our club. No matter how professional people think he might have been, I don't buy that a pissed off, want away player would perform anythiong like how he did last season. You might say that his decision that he wanted away was made before the end of the season and he still produced, but I think that he would have had the motivation to maximise his final contract (perhaps with us - more likely elsewhere). It would be inhuman not to. I think it would have been a very different proposition to maintain his mojo for a whole season while he felt he was being kept against his will and would be 30 years old once the season finished. Not to mention that he would have had to be stripped of the armband.

We saw this with Adebayor when he had his stand out season - and he'd been rewarded with a fat new contract!

AW has a habit of getting rid of players who don't buy into his vision, whether rightly or wrongly. IMO - it sends out just as much of a message that if you screw with the club you are sold - at a price that suits AFC - as it does to keep an unhappy player - with all the potential for corroding the harmony of the team.

Of course.

There is no way it would be helpful, constructive or positive to keep him to his final year.

I would go so far as to say we are actually now in a stronger position for this coming season now he has been sold. Mentally anyway.

Kano
16-08-2012, 03:55 PM

wtf have we got in common with any of these c**** anymore? absolutely fuck all. what is there to like or even admire about them? absolutely fuck all.

they are all complete strangers never to go down as any sort of 'legends' at the club because eventually they will all fuck off somewhere else for a bigger wage. the same applies to every single player in the top flight.

this is the first season i have not renewed in a long time because i'm just tired of all the off field bollocks, the self importance of football and its players and i'll be looking for something more grounded in a lower league.

what is left to cheer about in the premiership? celebrating with a bunch of c**** that want you nowhere near them when off the pitch?

Fuck em all.

server too busy!
16-08-2012, 04:04 PM

Wait what?? Rooney hasn't just signed a new contract since RvP was announced! He signed it almost 2 years ago....so what signings did they make to encourage him to stay last season? Oh RvP this season, yeah they knew they'd get him back then lol. Or maybe it was Bebe et al?

Fist of Lehmann
16-08-2012, 04:06 PM
*wonders when Utd play Stoke*
Come on, Shawcross. You know what to do.

Yes. Kill himself.

LDG
16-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Leave it STB. Dude is smokin wierd shit.

LDG
16-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Yes. Kill himself.

Letters
16-08-2012, 04:11 PM
wtf have we got in common with any of these c**** anymore? absolutely fuck all. what is there to like or even admire about them? absolutely fuck all.

they are all complete strangers never to go down as any sort of 'legends' at the club because eventually they will all fuck off somewhere else for a bigger wage. the same applies to every single player in the top flight.

this is the first season i have not renewed in a long time because i'm just tired of all the off field bollocks, the self importance of football and its players and i'll be looking for something more grounded in a lower league.

what is left to cheer about in the premiership? celebrating with a bunch of c**** that want you nowhere near them when off the pitch?

Fuck em all.
:gp:, sadly

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 04:13 PM

Sadly what he said or sadly that you agree its a good post?

Marc Overmars
16-08-2012, 04:15 PM

Fuck em all.

The fabric of the sport is tainted, everything about it has become deplorable. It was made even more poignant to me after watching the Olympics, which has an innocence and beauty to it that Football just doesn't have anymore. We're all mugs really for investing so much money and time into this irrational obsession.

Letters
16-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Sadly what he said or sadly that you agree its a good post?
what? :blink:

I mean it's sad that football and footballers in particular are as he describes.

Letters
16-08-2012, 04:19 PM
The fabric of the sport is tainted, everything about it has become deplorable. It was made even more poignant to me after watching the Olympics, which has an innocence and beauty to it that Football just doesn't have anymore. We're all mugs really for investing so much money and time into this irrational obsession.

:unsure:

Ollie the Optimist
16-08-2012, 04:22 PM

so if we stick to our principles and turn down all offers, what would say in january when rvp signs a pre contract with united (it was clear taht was who he wanted) and he goes on a free to them and we get nothing?

Ollie the Optimist
16-08-2012, 04:29 PM

rooney put in transfer requests etc and demanded 200k a week and united bent over backwards to give it to him. van persie tried the same and Arsenal (rightly so) told him to get fucked

GP
16-08-2012, 04:35 PM
http://a.yfrog.com/img215/3872/dfr0.jpg

:haha: They really are a bunch of mongs

Ollie the Optimist
16-08-2012, 04:36 PM

you can never beat the guy who got city chamions league winners 2010/11 tattoed on his arm, and hten they didnt even qualify for it

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 04:39 PM
what? :blink:

I mean it's sad that football and footballers in particular are as he describes.I know letters ;)

Dont we have a sarcasm smiley?

Ollie the Optimist
Vermaelen - "We appreciate what van Persie has done for us in the past one and a half years"

I FUCKING LOVE TOMMY :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...

When did Nasri get a blonde wig?

Fist of Lehmann
16-08-2012, 04:43 PM
When did Nasri get a blonde wig?

And breasts?

Syn
16-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Vermaelen - "We appreciate what van Persie has done for us in the past one and a half years"

We know he didn't say that.

Grebbo
16-08-2012, 04:46 PM
We know he didn't say that.

He did. It's on Skysports.com

Marc Overmars
16-08-2012, 04:48 PM

I don't.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Vermaelen will be the next to leave so i dont love him either

Syn
16-08-2012, 05:20 PM
He did. It's on Skysports.com

He said:

"He was fantastic for us in the last year, scored lots of goals and I am disappointed he is going, but we have to focus on the next season with Arsenal," Vermaelen told Sky Sports News.

"We have to fight and I am confident we have a squad to win something.

"We start Saturday and this is all clear now, Robin is leaving and we have to move on."

Can't find that quote any where.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Ollie making shit up?

I am surprised tbh

Hes so often the beacon of truth

Kano
16-08-2012, 05:24 PM

the olympics was definitely a wake up call. of course athletes are no angels themselves and the best sprinters have ridiculously large egos pretty much every american - bar tyson gay - and bolt going on and on about being a legend, which defeats the point really. we all know about the ongoing battle against drugs but faith appears to have been restored in the event over the the past few weeks.

but it took me out of the bubble, following yet another great wimbledon and reminded me and probably many others that other sports exist and a vast majority are far more closer to who I am than a footballer. i am completely flat about the start of the season, i don't want to hear a pundit talk or read any god damn transfer 'gossip'.

all of the things we love about football can be found lower down the leagues and whilst the football may not be that great mostly, it is the other elements that make it seem far more attractive right now. i read the 'piece' on rvp in the standard on the way home and was disgusted by the constant talk about success and money.

Syn
16-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Watch the video interview he gave to SSN, if you can. He says it there.

Ah, apologies then.

Did it sound like Vermaelen was having a dig or was it just a general 'kthxbai'?

Marc Overmars
16-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Ah, apologies then.

Did it sound like Vermaelen was having a dig or was it just a general 'kthxbai'?

Just a general 'kthnxbai'.

Of course Ollie gets all RAWKish over it though...

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 05:33 PM

Yep. It's irrational and I can't get my head around certain peoples thought process.

LDG
16-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Yep. It's irrational and I can't get my head around certain peoples thought process.

And yet here you are on a football message board :lol:

:run:

LDG
16-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Frimpong :haha:

"God forgives...... I DON'T Retaliation is a must.."

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 05:48 PM
I hear people putting forwards arguments of why it was 'sensible' for the club to sell RVP to our nearest rival for a high transfer fee but at the same time argue that RVP should have showed loyalty to the club and commit his future, his last remaining years as a professional, to a club that's willing to sell any player to any club that comes along with a nice offer. We're not winning trophies, we pay our top stars under 100k a week, you can get double that with a rival club that has more ambition to win silverware. If it makes sense for the club to sell to the highest bidder, then why is it crazy from RVP to look for an exit under these circumstances? Would anyone here turn down a job offer with a major company while your current employers are making redundancies and are so tight they won't even invest in new PCs just to boost productivity and efficiency? Hell no! Would you show loyalty when managers and board members are cutting corners but at the same time rewarding themselves with fat bonuses? Hell no! I support Arsenal and not the fucking shareholders. The club isn't the Board.

What we've done as club is worst because we've just strengthened our competitor. It's bloody insane. We've sold out big time and it sends the wrong message. We look like a selling club, always have, but now it looks like we've thrown all principles out of the window and will drop our pants for anyone. How comes Spurs are able to enforce a hardline with their players and we can't? We give in all the time.

Should we have given into RVP's wage demands....do we even know if negotiations even went that far? If wages weren't discussed in the first meeting and RVP said he wasn't signing because we 'lacked sporting ambition' then it seemed like we moved rather quickly to get his replacement in with Giroud. In fact, we were already thinking way ahead of schedule when we signed Poldoski, if Wenger is saying those two are the contingency plan. Did we really want to offer him a bumper wage deal in the first place? I still can't get over the statement Wenger put out months ago mid season about offering ageing players massive contracts when they're about to pass their peak. That right there was bloody suspect. We sounded reluctant to offer him massive wages in the first place. He didn't make his position untenable because players do that all the time. Gerrard, Lampard, Drogba, Rooney, Modric, Bale...it's not as if we couldn't have turned things around. Did we even hold further talks with RVP after we signed more players because negations may have been smoother from that point. He was training with the squad and being professional. Maybe he would have accepted an £150k contract after the signings, who knows, but it sounds like we didn't even make it that far. As said before, Wenger's comments months ago about his contract situation is a dead give away. We say we wanted him but it didn't look like we put up much of a fight.

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 05:53 PM
And yet here you are on a football message board :lol:

:run:

I think we've spoken before and I'd say there are serious contradictions in your argument. I'll accept that and move on.

LDG
16-08-2012, 05:54 PM
:ilt:

Bergkampwonderland10
16-08-2012, 05:55 PM
To be fair, perhaps this thread should be closed soon. I for one was over it the day he released his statement...it was over then ( I think people forget that he made his position untenable unlike Rooney, Gerrard and the others listed above)....didn't matter where he went to be honest Man U, Man City, abroad...fact is he no longer wanted to be an Arsenal player. Have we strengthened a rival, perhaps - yes, but like Wenger said in the end we didn't have a choice. Let's focus any remaining energy on the players we have and look forward to the Sunderland game. RVP, Fabregas, Nasri...all a distant memory, they did nothing, won nothing (apart from RVP's substitute appearance in FA cup win) they really aren't that big a loss when you think about it in those terms.

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 05:55 PM
:ilt:

Please do. :lol:

I_Killed_Kenny
16-08-2012, 06:01 PM
I agree, thread shud b closed, its a fuckiny merry go round. At least lets use the thread productively n see what abuse we will sing about rvp this season.

You know you're a ****,
You know you're a cnnuuuuuuut,
Robin van persie,
You know you're a ****!

Thats my suggestion

LDG
16-08-2012, 06:05 PM
I agree, thread shud b closed, its a fuckiny merry go round. At least lets use the thread productively n see what abuse we will sing about rvp this season.

You know you're a ****,
You know you're a cnnuuuuuuut,
Robin van persie,
You know you're a ****!

Thats my suggestion

Rather than booing etc. The whole stadium should just go deathly quiet when he get's the ball.

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 06:07 PM

Joker
16-08-2012, 06:10 PM
I hear people putting forwards arguments of why it was 'sensible' for the club to sell RVP to our nearest rival for a high transfer fee but at the same time argue that RVP should have showed loyalty to the club and commit his future, his last remaining years as a professional, to a club that's willing to sell any player to any club that comes along with a nice offer. We're not winning trophies, we pay our top stars under 100k a week, you can get double that with a rival club that has more ambition to win silverware. If it makes sense for the club to sell to the highest bidder, then why is it crazy from RVP to look for an exit under these circumstances? Would anyone here turn down a job offer with a major company while your current employers are making redundancies and are so tight they won't even invest in new PCs just to boost productivity and efficiency? Hell no! Would you show loyalty when managers and board members are cutting corners but at the same time rewarding themselves with fat bonuses? Hell no! I support Arsenal and not the fucking shareholders. The club isn't the Board.

What we've done as club is worst because we've just strengthened our competitor. It's bloody insane. We've sold out big time and it sends the wrong message. We look like a selling club, always have, but now it looks like we've thrown all principles out of the window and will drop our pants for anyone. How comes Spurs are able to enforce a hardline with their players and we can't? We give in all the time.

Should we have given into RVP's wage demands....do we even know if negotiations even went that far? If wages weren't discussed in the first meeting and RVP said he wasn't signing because we 'lacked sporting ambition' then it seemed like we moved rather quickly to get his replacement in with Giroud. In fact, we were already thinking way ahead of schedule when we signed Poldoski, if Wenger is saying those two are the contingency plan. Did we really want to offer him a bumper wage deal in the first place? I still can't get over the statement Wenger put out months ago mid season about offering ageing players massive contracts when they're about to pass their peak. That right there was bloody suspect. We sounded reluctant to offer him massive wages in the first place. He didn't make his position untenable because players do that all the time. Gerrard, Lampard, Drogba, Rooney, Modric, Bale...it's not as if we couldn't have turned things around. Did we even hold further talks with RVP after we signed more players because negations may have been smoother from that point. He was training with the squad and being professional. Maybe he would have accepted an £150k contract after the signings, who knows, but it sounds like we didn't even make it that far. As said before, Wenger's comments months ago about his contract situation is a dead give away. We say we wanted him but it didn't look like we put up much of a fight.

Yep, I don't get how "greed" can only be shown by players but not he board awarding themselves huge bonuses and cashing out on their shares. It's a very conservative attitude that has probably resulted from decades of Thatcherism, whereby the worker is always in the wrong and is being "greedy" for asking for a pay rise while the employer is the oppressed one. That's why people go on about "player power" even though the real power in football lies with the money men. You see this attitude especially clearly with regards to Walcott. He hasn't done anything wrong, he's kept quiet and tried to sort out his contract behind closed doors, and yet you have Arseblog and his lackeys jump down his throat, subtly accuse him of being greedy and afraid of competition from AOC, which is why he apparently wants to leave. Sometimes players can't win.

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 06:22 PM
And we've being going around in circles for years on this topic. Playing quality on the field has gone down, we've won nothing for years, ticket prices are going up, fans are losing out while the shareholders are cashing in. Focusing on the players is pointless. Club policies need to be questioned and that needs to remain on the agenda for fans. I hope we're seeing and turn around this year but seeing how we've sold out, I'm just not sure.

The Walcott case is baffling as well. Arseblog has lost it in my opinion and I've little time for it now. Doesn't seem objective at all and is probably a 'company man' now. Brown paper bags from Gazidis and PR control squad.

gooners
16-08-2012, 06:31 PM
And we've being going around in circles for years on this topic. Playing quality on the field has gone down, we've won nothing for years, ticket prices are going up, fans are losing out while the shareholders are cashing in. Focusing on the players is pointless. Club policies need to be questioned and that needs to remain on the agenda for fans. I hope we're seeing and turn around this year but seeing how we've sold out, I'm just not sure.

The Walcott case is baffling as well. Arseblog has lost it in my opinion and I've little time for it now. Doesn't seem objective at all and is probably a 'company man' now. Brown paper bags from Gazidis and PR control squad.

Haha .... wont be surprised.

People on this same thread calling RVP a greedy traitor, are cheering at reports that he got sold despite him seeming to come around after the signings made so far. It is unbelievable because that was the crust of his statement which people are beating him with.

But you, see apparently it was easy for united to keep their star man in similar circumstances; AFC on the other hand has to put financial priorities first. PHW,AW & Co. have won their battle of money-first crusade.

Ollie the Optimist
16-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Haha .... wont be surprised.

People on this same thread calling RVP a greedy traitor, are cheering at reports that he got sold despite him seeming to come around after the signings made so far. It is unbelievable because that was the crust of his statement which people are beating him with.

But you, see apparently it was easy for united to keep their star man in similar circumstances; AFC on the other hand has to put financial priorities first. PHW,AW & Co. have won their battle of money-first crusade.

we have players who are coming up for contract renewals, if we accepted van persies statement and then gave him the 200k a week he supposdly wanted, whats to stop theo, song and others doing exactly the same. then we are fucked. and who the fuck needs 200k a week anyway?

gooners
16-08-2012, 06:37 PM
we have players who are coming up for contract renewals, if we accepted van persies statement and then gave him the 200k a week he supposdly wanted, whats to stop theo, song and others doing exactly the same. then we are fucked. and who the fuck needs 200k a week anyway?

RVP was our star man & captain! There is a difference.

There is no indication whatsoever that he asked for that much. But nothing prevented him from asking united for that much --- he is at rooney's level.

Ollie the Optimist
16-08-2012, 06:44 PM

There is no indication whatsoever that he asked for that much. But nothing prevented him from asking united for that much --- he is at rooney's level.

hence why i said he suppodsly asked for that much. you always say we make up shit when we talk about van persie but you never actually offer us proof that he did or did not do the things we say he does.

gooners
16-08-2012, 06:47 PM
hence why i said he suppodsly asked for that much. you always say we make up shit when we talk about van persie but you never actually offer us proof that he did or did not do the things we say he does.

The burden of proof is not on me. Because i am not making
things up as I go along.

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 06:59 PM

We're fucked anyway because no player is going to be happy on £50k a week when their counterparts at rival clubs are earning double the wages. As soon as a big club comes knocking, we're powerless and that's been the case for the last 7 years. Maybe if we actually retained our players, took a hit on the books, won some trophies, boosted the global appeal of the club so we're in a better negotiating position when our sponsorship renewals are due, we'll be able to pay these salaries.

We've been taken for right mugs with this stadium move. We're supposed to be competing with the likes of United and not selling them our best players as if we're struggling to stay afloat. The stadium capacity has been boosted so they can charge more money for tickets while cutting corners on the pitch. We didn't move to the Emirates for this shit. Our wage bill has increased but we're spending a huge chunk of it on no hope players by increasing the average wage. Wilshere, Ox...they'll follow in the same footsteps of Cole if the club try to shaft them on wages in the future. We don't operate in a bubble and our wage structure leads to the inevitable. Players will leave. It was proven with Cole, now with RVP and the same will happen in the future. We say modern players are greedy but nobody here would pledge loyalty to such a tight fisted company in the real world.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 07:00 PM
I hear people putting forwards arguments of why it was 'sensible' for the club to sell RVP to our nearest rival for a high transfer fee but at the same time argue that RVP should have showed loyalty to the club and commit his future, his last remaining years as a professional, to a club that's willing to sell any player to any club that comes along with a nice offer.
maybe that's why you are having such a hard time getting your head around it, if this is what you truly believe. That we are willing to sell any player to any club that comes along with a nice offer.

This is not what happened with RVP, that is a fact.

And yes he did make his position untenable when he released that statement.

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 07:01 PM

I don't think we even offered him a great contract.

GP
16-08-2012, 07:04 PM
maybe that's why you are having such a hard time getting your head around it, if this is what you truly believe. That we are willing to sell any player to any club that comes along with a nice offer.

Exactly.

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 07:12 PM

If that's all you have to add then leave it alone. You're adding nothing to the argument and quite frankly, I don't need to understand your thought process or get my head around the arguments. His position wasn't untenable after that statement because players like Vieira have said worse and still managed to play for us the following season. Players from other clubs have said worse and still contributed to their clubs. Why it's different for Arsenal, I don't know.

Here are the facts. We've sold top player after top player to make a profit in the transfer window. We'll see if the trend changes this year. We've just sold last years PFA player of the year to a team that finished one slot above us. It weakens us and strengthens them. We had a choice in the matter. We could have accepted the bid from Juve for a lower or keep RVP in the squad and let him run down his contract. Money took priority over ambition and what made footballing sense.

I think we've done enough rounds on this topic and I have no interest in convincing you of anything else and you're not going to sway me on my opinion either. We might as well leave it at that.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 07:16 PM

No indication at all....

...except for the £200k a week that his agent asked for him to get and which he will get at utd :rolleyes:

gooners
16-08-2012, 07:30 PM
No indication at all....

...except for the £200k a week that his agent asked for him to get and which he will get at utd :rolleyes:

what the fark are you on about?

Read this again: There is no indication whatsoever that he asked for that much. But nothing prevented him from asking united for that much --- he is at rooney's level.

:coffee:

gooners
16-08-2012, 07:32 PM
If that's all you have to add then leave it alone. You're adding nothing to the argument and quite frankly, I don't need to understand your thought process or get my head around the arguments. His position wasn't untenable after that statement because players like Vieira have said worse and still managed to play for us the following season. Players from other clubs have said worse and still contributed to their clubs. Why it's different for Arsenal, I don't know.

Here are the facts. We've sold top player after top player to make a profit in the transfer window. We'll see if the trend changes this year. We've just sold last years PFA player of the year to a team that finished one slot above us. It weakens us and strengthens them. We had a choice in the matter. We could have accepted the bid from Juve for a lower or keep RVP in the squad and let him run down his contract. Money took priority over ambition and what made footballing sense.

I think we've done enough rounds on this topic and I have no interest in convincing you of anything else and you're not going to sway me on my opinion either. We might as well leave it at that.

:goodpost:

bang on!

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 07:43 PM

I think we've done enough rounds on this topic and I have no interest in convincing you of anything else and you're not going to sway me on my opinion either. We might as well leave it at that.I'm not trying to sway your opinion.

Why do you keep on telling everyone that what you perceive to be the order of events is fact, even if it may not be the case?

You say we've sold RVP just to make a profit and state that it's a fact. Partly yes, we wanted to make a profit back on him, but you are unwilling or unable to accept the fact that goes along with it, that RVP didn't want to stay and play at arsenal anymore.
He wanted out and he got together with his agent to put a statement together that would force the clubs hand one way or another. He did it behind the clubs back, and unfortunately it contained things that undermined the manager and the club.

We would be weaker if we hadn't bought podolski, giroud and cazorla but we did, so we're not.

Accepting a lower bid from juve was one way, yes, and I would of preferred that too, but RVP didn't want to go there so that option was thrown out.

Keeping RVP to run down his contract would have been detrimental to the team. We would have endless speculation for 5 months about where he would go, until January when he signed a pre contract with whomever (still utd probably) and then he would most likely be out 'injured' for the remaining months so as not to get a real injury for when he joins his new club.

We cannot afford shit like that anymore.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 07:49 PM
what the fark are you on about?

Read this again: There is no indication whatsoever that he asked for that much. But nothing prevented him from asking united for that much --- he is at rooney's level.

:coffee:

It makes perfect sense.

He also asked for that wage figure at juve before he changed his mind.

You think he would be feeling more sympathetic to us and say "it's alright, I'll only take £130k a week if I stay here"

Fuck no. He would be out for as much as he could get for a final contract no matter who he signed for.

Makes you wonder whether PHW already knew what his agents wage demands were when he talked to the press about us not offering silly money to keep him and he should stay out of loyalty.

GP
16-08-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm not trying to sway your opinion.

Why do you keep on telling everyone that what you perceive to be the order of events is fact, even if it may not be the case?

You say we've sold RVP just to make a profit and state that it's a fact. Partly yes, we wanted to make a profit back on him, but you are unwilling or unable to accept the fact that goes along with it, that RVP didn't want to stay and play at arsenal anymore.
He wanted out and he got together with his agent to put a statement together that would force the clubs hand one way or another. He did it behind the clubs back, and unfortunately it contained things that undermined the manager and the club.

We would be weaker if we hadn't bought podolski, giroud and cazorla but we did, so we're not.

Accepting a lower bid from juve was one way, yes, and I would of preferred that too, but RVP didn't want to go there so that option was thrown out.

Keeping RVP to run down his contract would have been detrimental to the team. We would have endless speculation for 5 months about where he would go, until January when he signed a pre contract with whomever (still utd probably) and then he would most likely be out 'injured' for the remaining months so as not to get a real injury for when he joins his new club.

We cannot afford shit like that anymore.

Spot on.

gooners
16-08-2012, 07:56 PM
It makes perfect sense.

He also asked for that wage figure at juve before he changed his mind.

You think he would be feeling more sympathetic to us and say "it's alright, I'll only take £130k a week if I stay here"

Fuck no. He would be out for as much as he could get for a final contract no matter who he signed for.

Makes you wonder whether PHW already knew what his agents wage demands were when he talked to the press about us not offering silly money to keep him and he should stay out of loyalty.

Did he ask for a decent wage as a top tier striker? I am sure he did! Did he ask for bettter contract than our fucking stupid over 30yrs contract? I sure he did; he would have been farking stupid not to!

Did he ask for 200000 per week from us? There is no farking indication he did. Did he ask Juve/City/United for the going rate they give their star player? I am sure he did! So what? Why the fark should Rooney earn more than him when they play for the same team --- he is at rooney's level! Fergie thinks so too.

Newguy
16-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Spot on.

Pretty much..I was gonna comment but that's basically what i would have said...I probably would have thrown in that RvC is **** too, but thats just me:lol: Ahhh go on then....

The statement he brought out was the nail in the coffin. I had to explain this to a Man U fan also (not too bright those man u fans) but as soon as he came out and criticised the direction of the club aswell as saying he wouldnt sign an extension it was over. Also the difference between what Paddy said and what RVC said was that the **** released a fucking statement, Paddy at least had the sense to pretend to be mis-quoted by a dodgy reporter. RvC knew what he was doing, if contracts talks were not discussed it's because he wanted out already, if they were discussed (which i think they were - maybe not directly with rvC but with his agent) then I think they were the 220k+ he was after.

Ultimately regardless of how you look at it, he could have done a cesc and kept his mouth shut, it doesnt matter what was being said by the PHW, the media or supposed insiders of the club because it's the fans not the board, not the media, not some supposed insider at the club that determine what your status as a player was within the history of the club. He could have left with some dignity....he didnt, he's a disappointment, but for me, I wanted him gone after the statement because I only want players that want to be here and I knew that although he may have thought he was saying fuck you to the board, he was saying fuck you to the fans because that statement began the low 10-12million bids for a player that should have been worth 30+ at the time.

Fuck im

Keith
16-08-2012, 08:07 PM
At the endof the day, he didn't request a transfer so will get his loyalty payout...

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Did he ask for a decent wage as a top tier striker? I am sure he did! Did he ask for bettter contract than our fucking stupid over 30yrs contract? I sure he did; he would have been farking stupid not to!

Did he ask for 200000 per week from us? There is no farking indication he did. Did he ask Juve/City/United for the going rate they give their star player? I am sure he did! So what? Why the fark should Rooney earn more than him when they play for the same team --- he is at rooney's level! Fergie thinks so too.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have asked for that kinda money, most top footballers these days are on those wages. But to suggest that he wasn't wanting a similar level of wage from us that he has asked for from other clubs is just naive.

Newguy
16-08-2012, 08:09 PM

We were obviously going to make him our highest earner...so why didnt he sign? RvC said no contracts talks were had....he was gone when he said "whatever happens I love this club" then he joined Manchester United:lol:unbefuckinleavable

Newguy
16-08-2012, 08:10 PM
At the endof the day, he didn't request a transfer so will get his loyalty payout...

Loyalty Payout??? No way?? That cant be right, can it?

GP
16-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Loyalty Payout??? No way?? That cant be right, can it?

He can have his loyalty payout in the form of Sagna's cock up his arse.

gooners
16-08-2012, 08:15 PM
We were obviously going to make him our highest earner...so why didnt he sign? RvC said no contracts talks were had....he was gone when he said "whatever happens I love this club" then he joined Manchester United:lol:unbefuckinleavable

Because it was more than just about money! Reports in this thread by the very people bashing him claim he was encouraged by the signings made so far and was coming around --- but was sold anyway! You can look back a few pages. Wasn't that the crust of that statement he is being lambasted with? But AFC as usual has shown where their priorities lie. Money first!

Newguy
16-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Because it was more than just about money! Reports in this thread by the very people bashing him claim he was encouraged by the signings made so far and was coming around --- but was sold anyway! You can look back a few pages. Wasn't that the crust of that statement he is being lambasted with? But AFC as usual has shown where their priorities lie. Money first!

The thing is, it's kinda like your GF saying that shes leaving you because she reckons your not earning enough money and basically disses you to all her friends...you then get a promotion and really start getting yourself together, the bitch then calls you talking about how she has seen what your doing and she's willing to stick around...Like really? Get the fuck out of my face bitch...:lol:

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Again, I don't even think his wages were discussed or a contract offered. We prepared ourselves early. First Wenger made those comments about him approaching his peak whether he's worth the massive contract, then we sign Poldoski. Over the next few days we'll hear if there was a decent offer on the table but I get the feeling we weren't too keen on giving him the wages. It's bad enough we allowed him to get to the final year of his contract.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 08:29 PM

Once again, ignoring the fact that it was because of the statement he released that pissed wenger off, that he was sold anyway.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 08:30 PM
The thing is, it's kinda like your GF saying that shes leaving you because she reckons your not earning enough money and basically disses you to all her friends...you then get a promotion and really start getting yourself together, the bitch then calls you talking about how she has seen what your doing and she's willing to stick around...Like really? Get the fuck out of my face bitch...:lol:

:lol: brilliant analogy!

gooners
16-08-2012, 08:30 PM
I'm not saying he shouldn't have asked for that kinda money, most top footballers these days are on those wages. But to suggest that he wasn't wanting a similar level of wage from us that he has asked for from other clubs is just naive.

I'd rather be naive, than make wild assumptions about what wages he asked for just so I can conveniently bash him as a greedy traitor. But whatever makes you sleep at night..

Keith
16-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Mentioned in the Cesc transfer http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2023294/Cesc-Fabregas-I-pay-leave-Arsenal-Captain-offers-bonuses.html

Probably why Ade is still at City

gooners
16-08-2012, 08:33 PM

We had no problems keeping vieira though. Did we?

Here is Wenger: "We already recruited to replace him," claimed Wenger on French TV station TF1. "We have already recruited since we bought Giroud and Podolski, who originally were intended to offset the departure of Van Persie."

When was podolski signed? Tells you all you need to know!

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Again, I don't even think his wages were discussed or a contract offered. We prepared ourselves early. First Wenger made those comments about him approaching his peak whether he's worth the massive contract, then we sign Poldoski. Over the next few days we'll hear if there was a decent offer on the table but I get the feeling we weren't too keen on giving him the wages. It's bad enough we allowed him to get to the final year of his contract.I've made comment in reply to a post on the song thread, but rvp had just come off the back of 7 seasons of injury and wasn't in the best position to negotiate a new contract.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 08:35 PM
I'd rather be naive, than make wild assumptions about what wages he asked for just so I can conveniently bash him as a greedy traitor. But whatever makes you sleep at night..

Do you actually think about what people post or are you just here to troll and tar everyone with the same brush?

gooners
16-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Once again, ignoring the fact that it was because of the statement he released that pissed wenger off, that he was sold anyway.

Oh, so now it is not because he is greedy? or he was agitating for a move? It was because he made his views public?

Didn't you just refer to PHW's public comment about him while the club conveniently had a gagging order slapped on him? AFC couldn't tak it however when he RVP vented in public? The irony and desperation!

gooners
16-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Do you actually think about what people post or are you just here to troll and tar everyone with the same brush?

I could say the same for you ... you can stop farking replying to my posts and I shall rest. Tired of the repitition.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 08:42 PM
We had no problems keeping vieira though. Did we?

Here is Wenger: "We already recruited to replace him," claimed Wenger on French TV station TF1. "We have already recruited since we bought Giroud and Podolski, who originally were intended to offset the departure of Van Persie."

When was podolski signed? Tells you all you need to know!Yes because he's really likely to say "I didn't want RVP to be sold! Podolski and giroud wont be good enough to replace him, WHAT LE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW??!!!"

isn't he :coffee: