21-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Pretty sure it's that Mr Singh chap.

Oh him.

fakeyank
22-05-2012, 02:55 AM
Why you do me like this my main man?

Saddam H.

Kisses.

Does MO give you maaad chilllsss broooo?

McNamara That Ghost...
22-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Paul Smith was on Hold the Back Page last night and said that RVP would 100% be here next season (if only to see out the one year on his contract). He also said Reading 'will' go down.

Syn
22-05-2012, 12:00 PM
What a chancer :lol:

He should stick to designing funky overpriced shirts.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Is it worth keeping RVP on for one more season, as in, let him run down his contract?

I know we'd lose out on a transfer fee (with no guarantee we'd do anything with it) and we could have an unhappy player but by the same token, we'd save what £5 million a year by not dishing out a new contract and with the possibility of having a similar season to the one just gone.

I'm asking this under no consideration of whether RVP actually wants to go or not by the way, purely about the benefit of the team/club.

Marc Overmars
28-05-2012, 11:04 AM
It would be quite galling to lose him on a free, I know there isn't a guarantee we'd do anything with the cash but I do feel like we sell to buy, so in that case we could probably do with the cash if we want to see a replacement.

I'm not as against it as I was with Nasri though. I think he was more valuable because he was younger and also it was pretty clear from the start he was haggling for a move and had no interest in sticking around. We had to get rid ASAP.

RVP is older, the captain and far more mature than Nasri. I think he'd be quite professional about it and still put in the performances. You never know, he could even decide to sign a new deal next summer if we have a good season.

Syn
28-05-2012, 11:15 AM
I know the point was about what the club would do and not about van persie, but I think van persie will definitely sign a new deal or leave. He knows how injury prone he is. Half a season on the sidelines and his chance for a big contract is gone. His stock will never be higher than it is now.

server too busy!
28-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Why not do what we did with Henry, get him to sign a new contract on the proviso he can leave the following year if he still wants to.

Cripps_orig
28-05-2012, 11:53 PM
ROBIN VAN PERSIE has been advised to stay at Arsenal — by his MUM.

4 comments

Related Stories

RVP: My mum made me a hit
ROBIN VAN PERSIE says being a mummy’s boy is the reason he’s now an Arsenal hero
We believe RVP is Gunner stayRamsey: Don’t let RVP quit Gunners

Manchester City lead the chase for the Gunners skipper.

But mother Jose said: “Arsenal love him and that’s a great incentive to stay. Arsenal are a fantastic club.

“They have no debts and Robin is idolised there.”

Spanish giants Barcelona and Italian champions Juventus also want to sign Arsenal’s double Footballer of the Year.

RVP opened negotiations with Arsene Wenger and chief executive Ivan Gazidis in London last week.

The Gunners are offering him a new £130,000-a-week deal, plus a £5million re-signing bonus to enhance his position as the club’s highest-paid player.

Van Persie’s wife Bouchra added: “Arsenal showed faith in Robin when he was going through a lean time, so we should not repay them by thinking about other clubs.

“Our home life and our children are happy in London.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4343560/Robin-van-Persie-must-stay-at-Arsenal-say-his-mum-and-wife.html

RVP would do well to listen to the 2 most important women in his life

Niall_Quinn
29-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Manchester City lead the chase for the Gunners skipper.

They can fuck off and die tbh. Footie is finished if that ever happens. Anyway, his mum and his missus have spoken so that's the end of it if he knows what's good for him.

Cripps_orig
04-06-2012, 01:46 PM
ROBIN VAN PERSIE admits Juventus are a great team but is refusing to discuss his future.

The Arsenal striker’s contract is up at the end of next season with the Italian champions and Manchester City ready to offer him a lucrative move away from the Emirates.

But the Dutchman is refusing to shed any light on whether he will pen a new deal with the Gunners and is instead focusing on Holland's Euro 2012 campaign.

Van Persie, 28, said: “My future? I have agreed with Arsenal not to discuss it.

“I can only talk of my intention to play in the Euros and win it and then continue to win in the Champions League.

“Juventus? They are a great team, for sure.”

Van Persie netted twice in Holland's 6-0 drubbing of Northern Ireland on Saturday.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/euro2012/4354561/Robin-van-Persie-transfer-news-Juventus-are-a-great-team-Arsenal.html

Hes gone

Japan Shaking All Over
04-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Our future is very much tied to him whether or not he stays or doesnt because until we get a decision our hands are tied as to who we can bring in

Cripps_orig
04-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Which is why it should be sorted asap

Wenger, Gazidis, PHW and whoever needs to get in contact with the **** and give him a deadline

Japan Shaking All Over
04-06-2012, 02:14 PM
It needs to be sorted but wont till after the Euros which is when we are going to have to wait for till we bring in anyone

Syn
04-06-2012, 03:29 PM
He's going to break down. I can sense it. I don't want it to happen because it doesn't help us either way but he'll get fucked in the euros.

Joker
04-06-2012, 03:42 PM
He's not had an injury for over a year and a half, so seems to be over that. Of course given how he had to play almost every game last season due to lack of striking options could result in a long term injury I suppose, like what happened to Wilshere.

mastermind84
04-06-2012, 03:52 PM
He's going to break down. I can sense it. I don't want it to happen because it doesn't help us either way but he'll get fucked in the euros.

Orbinho ‏@Orbinho
Since Jan 1 2011, only three outfield players (Hangeland, Walters & Jarivs - all 56) have played more PL games than RVP (55)..

Cripps_orig
04-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Robinho :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2012, 04:00 PM

I don't think so, he's not doing any of the recklessly stupid stuff he used to. He's probably wearing Bale's magical strips too.

mastermind84
04-06-2012, 04:16 PM
RVP's injuries were mostly impact injuries.

If he had muscle strains and tears, I could see him breaking down again. The fact that they are impact injuries makes me feel his injury issues are behind him.

Power n Glory
04-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Which is why it should be sorted asap

Wenger, Gazidis, PHW and whoever needs to get in contact with the **** and give him a deadline

We all knew that it if we didn't sort it out right after the season had ended that we'd probably be looking at this situation. Just have to patient now because there won't because nothing will happen until the tournament is over. In fact, we could all be waiting until deadline day of the transfer window. The power is with the player.

Syn
04-06-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm not itching to find out tbh. I've assumes he's off and podolskins will be playing the no.9 role for us next season. A secondary striker will be brought in but not of super quality. If RVP stays then it'll be a welcome surprise.

Özil's Panoramic View
04-06-2012, 09:05 PM
“I can only talk of my intention to play in the Euros and win it and then continue to win in the Champions League.

gone for sure

selassie
05-06-2012, 10:23 AM
gone for sure

He's keeping his options open. I personally think he's waiting for Barca or Real to come calling. If he has a decent Euros one of those two will pick him up, I've no doubts about that. What I hope we are doing is making the necessary plans to replace him and strengthen weak areas of the team.

Make no mistake, we lose him and our attack is no better than Liverpool's. We absolutely cannot afford to have another summer like last year.

jelgoon
05-06-2012, 10:33 AM
This should have been tied up weeks ago. Who gives a fuck anymore whether he stays - I dont.Every season we have this pantomime which is why we never win anything. Do Man Utd or Chelsea ever have issues with players with one year left on their contract. Never. They either sign them up or get rid of them. Wenger should have given him a deadline (as he claimed to have done ie pre the Euros) or told him to piss off.

He's keeping his options open. I personally think he's waiting for Barca or Real to come calling. If he has a decent Euros one of those two will pick him up, I've no doubts about that. What I hope we are doing is making the necessary plans to replace him and strengthen weak areas of the team.

Make no mistake, we lose him and our attack is no better than Liverpool's. We absolutely cannot afford to have another summer like last year.

Xhaka Can’t
05-06-2012, 10:34 AM
This should have been tied up weeks ago. Who gives a fuck anymore whether he stays - I dont.Every season we have this pantomime which is why we never win anything. Do Man Utd or Chelsea ever have issues with players with one year left on their contract. Never. They either sign them up or get rid of them. Wenger should have given him a deadline (as he claimed to have done ie pre the Euros) or told him to piss oeuf.

Oui oui.

Marc Overmars
05-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Nowt will happen until the Euros are over. Can't be arsed worrying about this for the time being.

Cripps_orig
05-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Come this friday, fuck all things Arsenal tbh

All about the Euros

Xhaka Can’t
05-06-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm past caring anymore.

fakeyank
06-06-2012, 04:29 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7797118/Gazidis-No-rush-on-RVP

Looks like he is definitely gone. I do not see why they would 'hold back' news that RVP is staying!

:rose:

McNamara That Ghost...
06-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Similarly I don't know how you hold back news of him going if another club is involved.

Letters
06-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Looks like he is definitely gone. I do not see why they would 'hold back' news that RVP is staying!
Well obviously they wouldn't but as Maccy says how could they hold back news if he were definitely going? It would leak out and be all over the papers.

IMO he's not made a decision yet although my feeling is he'll probably go. Personally I think we should keep him even if he doesn't sign a new contract. He was a major part of us qualifying for the CL and if he does so again then 2 years of CL money is worth almost as much money as we'd get for him, if not more.

fakeyank
06-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Similarly I don't know how you hold back news of him going if another club is involved.

May be part of the deal of him going to another club is to keep mum about it till it finally comes out. Arsenal fans are looking for ANY positives and him resigning for us is a huge lift for the club and I do not see the 'ppl concerned' losing the opportunity to get some goodwill around the club.

If he hasnt made up his mind, he will very soon after the Euros and for the love of any living life, I hope we sign players that he will look around and say "I can win something with this lot".

McNamara That Ghost...
06-06-2012, 07:00 PM
May be part of the deal of him going to another club is to keep mum about it till it finally comes out. Arsenal fans are looking for ANY positives and him resigning for us is a huge lift for the club and I do not see the 'ppl concerned' losing the opportunity to get some goodwill around the club.

If he hasnt made up his mind, he will very soon after the Euros and for the love of any living life, I hope we sign players that he will look around and say "I can win something with this lot".

I'd find that extremely unlikely; if we did that for RVP (ask another club to keep quiet), presumably we'd have done it for other players yet we always know in advance where our players go. I take Letters' view that he hasn't decided either way. It wouldn't make any sense for him to decide now if it's true it is dependant on who we sign (I imagine before pre-season training starts).

I find the whole thing odd though. Players are more likely to come if they know RVP will be here but obviously less so with that doubt there. If he only stays for players that arrive then he can't really love the club like he said after the WBA game. In a sense though, I am glad he will be an Arsenal player, if only by name, during the Euros.

Xhaka Can’t
06-06-2012, 07:02 PM
If he gets an injury at the Euros, he stays.

Tipsychubbs
06-06-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm past caring anymore.

:gp:

I haven't cared for months. I'm not surprised and I don't blame RVP if he wants to leave.

Podolski's here already and is a natural No.9. We shouldn't be fooled at him playing on the left for Germany, its just that Klose and Gomez are higher in the pecking order for CF, Pod will be brilliant there for us if and when he plays there.

As long as you get a decent replacement. Look at Atletico, Aguero gone, Falcao in.

Looking at Nasri's situation last year, Nasri said he wanted to leave at the start of the summer. Wenger wanted to keep him even on the last year of his contract, after admitting that 'you cannot be a big club if you sell 2 of your best players' in the same summer, rumblings/rumours of a disagreement with the board, Stan flew in and Nasri went. So I think RVP already made his mind up a long time ago and has been gagged while we're trying to get the best offers and renew those season tickets, preferably abroad than to City, RVP just spoke of Juve being a great team.

Letters
06-06-2012, 09:02 PM
him resigning for us is a huge lift for the club.
I rather hope he re-signs rather then resigns.

##

Boss
08-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Van Persie won't move to Citeh or any other English clubs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2156386/Robin-Van-Persie-join-Manchester-City-says-father.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

GP
08-06-2012, 02:22 PM
I rather hope he re-signs rather then resigns.

##

I hope your face resigns.

Cripps_orig
10-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Arsenal (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/teams/england/94/arsenal) chairman Peter Hill-Wood has revealed that Arsenal will not break the bank to keep hold of star player Robin van Persie. (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/netherlands/2841/robin-van-persie)

The Dutch hitman has been in imperious form this season, notching an impressive tally of 30 Premier League goals on his way to becoming PFA and FWA Player of the Year, and has attracted interest from champions Manchester City, Italian giants Juventus and wealthy Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala.

The forward still has one year remaining on his contract at the Emirates, but despite holding contract talks with manager Arsene Wenger before reporting for Euro 2012 international duty with the Netherlands, the 29-year-old's future still remains unclear.
“He is vital to us and has been an extremely good captain,” Hill-Wood told The Sun.
“But if somebody comes along and offers Robin £250,000 a week then I am afraid we cannot compete with that.
“With players, you never know what they are going to do.
“Some players say they want silverware but when they have the chance to earn *extraordinary money that has been pumped into the game, then you just have to hope they will stay *because they are happy and loyal where they are."

Van Persie joined the Gunners back in 2004 for just £2.5 million and has since taken the mantle after the departure of Arsenal legend Thierry Henry, and although Hill-Wood insists he will not make alterations to the club's strict wage structure to keep the Dutchman, he is hoping Van Persie's loyalty will be rewarded with a Premier League winner's medal next season.
“There are players like Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes at Manchester United who have been loyal to one club but players like that are few and far between," he added.
“Hopefully we can reach *agreement with Robin and ideally he will extend his contract.
“We have already brought in one new player in Lukas *Podolski and I believe we will bring in more. I am confident we will, in fact.
“I just hope that Robin will be with us next season because I genuinely feel we can make a real challenge for the *Premier League title.
“We had an atrocious start to last season but we recovered to finish third which was a marvellous achievement when you look at the problems that we had with *injuries.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/06/10/3162605/arsenal-wont-break-bank-to-keep-van-persie-warns-chairman

H (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/06/10/3162605/arsenal-wont-break-bank-to-keep-van-persie-warns-chairman)es gone

Özim
10-06-2012, 11:18 AM
The loyalty cr*p PHW comes out with is just that, Giigs and Scholes have been loyal but they've been winning trophies regularly, bit harder to be loyal to a team with no chance of winning.

As for PL winners medal :lol: what planet does this guy live on :lol:

Joker
10-06-2012, 11:21 AM
He's so out of touch it's unbelievable. He's like one of those old school High Tories like Harold MacMillan.

Letters
10-06-2012, 11:53 AM
I hope your face resigns.
:(

Boss
10-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Sell him and promote Bendtner to first choice.

He's already shown that he's past it judging by yesterday's game, tbh. It's time to cash in. :coffee:

Power n Glory
10-06-2012, 12:14 PM
PHW hasn't said much that's out of line. It's what we expect and I doubt anyone here would say RVP is worth £250k a week. We can't compete with that. The only questionable thing is the part about players saying they want silverware but end up going for money. I don't like the fact that he's openly questioning Robin's integrity and motives. If Robin can't talk to the press then none of our reps should speak about it either. It's the sort of message that could turn the fans against RVP and people assume he's asking for crazy wages. At least his Dad has come out and said he's not moving to City or another Prem team. Somebody from his camp has to clear up the crazy rumours if we have people from our own camp leaking and suggesting nonsense. This is why I'm so suspicious of the gag order placed on him.

Kano
10-06-2012, 01:34 PM
The loyalty cr*p PHW comes out with is just that, Giigs and Scholes have been loyal but they've been winning trophies regularly, bit harder to be loyal to a team with no chance of winning.

As for PL winners medal :lol: what planet does this guy live on :lol:

hold on a minute, don't you bang on about ambition and the clubs apparent lack of it? surely those comments show he wants the player to stay and win a trophy here.

i'm not sure what you are trying to say. why would a chairman say something negative to encourage a player to stay at a club?

Niall_Quinn
10-06-2012, 01:38 PM
The best thing is for PHW to never speak I think.

Marc Overmars
10-06-2012, 01:49 PM
RVP. :lol:

I remember him.

Özim
10-06-2012, 03:33 PM
hold on a minute, don't you bang on about ambition and the clubs apparent lack of it? surely those comments show he wants the player to stay and win a trophy here.

i'm not sure what you are trying to say. why would a chairman say something negative to encourage a player to stay at a club?
Empty comments mean jack sh*t to be honest and those very much are, noone in their right minds can think we have a chance, not without some investment in the playing side, something we never see.

The fans can see through these comments, I'm pretty sure the players can these days too...I could come out and say I've got a good chance of winning Wimbledon this year, doesn't make it possible.

His comments are hardly encouraging, we won't break our wage structure, so basically RVP isn't worth it, if he wants to stay it's to be loyal....not for any other reason (that's what PHW seems to think). Why would you stay loyal to a team without a hope of winning when you're reaching the latter stages of your best days and bigger clubs are hovering?

He's a deluded old man who should have retired a long long time ago, it's a real shame we're stuck with this guy.

Özil's Panoramic View
10-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Empty comments mean jack sh*t to be honest and those very much are, noone in their right minds can think we have a chance, not without some investment in the playing side, something we never see.

The fans can see through these comments, I'm pretty sure the players can these days too...I could come out and say I've got a good chance of winning Wimbledon this year, doesn't make it possible.

His comments are hardly encouraging, we won't break our wage structure, so basically RVP isn't worth it, if he wants to stay it's to be loyal....not for any other reason (that's what PHW seems to think). Why would you stay loyal to a team without a hope of winning when you're reaching the latter stages of your best days and bigger clubs are hovering?

He's a deluded old man who should have retired a long long time ago, it's a real shame we're stuck with this guy.

Ollie the Optimist
10-06-2012, 08:29 PM

its zimm logic so ignore it. the guy changes his argument every ten minutes so he can bash arsenal

IBK
10-06-2012, 08:32 PM
its zimm logic so ignore it. the guy changes his argument every ten minutes so he can bash arsenal

I don't agree with everything Zimm says but I don't think he's bashing Arsenal. He wants us to be better than we are and is bashing a regime he feels is lacking in ambition.

Cripps_orig
10-06-2012, 08:34 PM
I don't agree with everything Zimm says but I don't think he's bashing Arsenal. He wants us to be better than we are and is bashing a regime he feels is lacking in ambition.Its Ollie logic so ignore it.

Özim
10-06-2012, 08:47 PM
You really think I want to bash Arsenal?

Total nonsense, I want them to be better and strive to better, I'm sick of the losers mentality...something you're happy to put up with which I personally find strange.

Cripps_orig
10-06-2012, 08:49 PM

Total nonsense, I want them to be better and strive to better, I'm sick of the losers mentality...something you're happy to put up with which I personally find strange.Pretty much

People who want Arsenal to be better are seen as negative and Arsenal bashing :blink:

Doesnt make sense

AKBapologist
10-06-2012, 09:18 PM
So apparently, the only way one can want arsenal to be better is by constant negativity and wenger bashing and the ones who don't do that are mugs?. :shrugs:

Özim
10-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Wenger has shown over many years now he's not able to make us successful any more, we could ignore the problems just like Wenger has for years but they don't go away.

He's one of the problems whether you like it or not, a lot of the problems are basically linked to him and his management.

Ollie the Optimist
10-06-2012, 09:23 PM

Total nonsense, I want them to be better and strive to better, I'm sick of the losers mentality...something you're happy to put up with which I personally find strange.

so arsenal are all about trophies to you and nothing else?

Cripps_orig
10-06-2012, 09:26 PM
So apparently, the only way one can want arsenal to be better is by constant negativity and wenger bashing and the ones who don't do that are mugs?. :shrugs:I said nothing of the sort

Özim
10-06-2012, 10:31 PM
so arsenal are all about trophies to you and nothing else?
No but it's certainly not about what's been going on in recent years, that's just a joke.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Shut your fat fucking Mouth Hill-Wood you ignorant blue-blood

Ollie the Optimist
12-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Shut your fat fucking Mouth Hill-Wood you ignorant blue-blood

can you explain to me please why you have said this? what has hill wood said wrong this time? all he said was taht he was confident we would sign players, hoped that rvp would stay and win the league with us and that he wont offer him 250 grand. nothing wrong with that whatsoever

Niall_Quinn
13-06-2012, 01:16 AM
can you explain to me please why you have said this? what has hill wood said wrong this time? all he said was taht he was confident we would sign players, hoped that rvp would stay and win the league with us and that he wont offer him 250 grand. nothing wrong with that whatsoever

Not sure it's what he said, more the fact he's PHW. Which is sort of fair enough really.

Cripps_orig
18-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Premier League strikers Robin van Persie and Darren Bent to set appear on new series of ITV game show Red Or Black.
Full story: The MetroHes staying

Power n Glory
20-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Arsene Wenger has reiterated that Robin van Persie will stay at Arsenal and sees no reason why the striker would want to join Juventus.

Van Persie only has 12 months remaining on his contract and Wenger had previously been hoping to resolve his captain's future before Euro 2012.

An agreement was not reached before Van Persie headed off on Netherlands duty and there is continued speculation that he will leave Emirates Stadium this summer.

Premier League champions Manchester City have been linked with last season's top scorer, but the 28-year-old's father recently stated it is 'impossible' for him to join one of Arsenal's domestic rivals.

Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid have also been mooted as admirers of Van Persie, but reports have claimed Juventus hold the strongest interest in the player.

The Serie A champions are aiming to sign a high-profile striker ahead of next season, but Wenger does not expect Van Persie to head to Italy.

"He will stay at Arsenal," Wenger told the Italian newspaper La Repubblica.

"There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A - in terms of the prestige of the league, the level of play or financial considerations.

"If he moves there, I will buy you a caramello."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7828912/Wenger-Van-Persie-will-stay

Gotta love it. Wenger certainly knows how to shit all over a league :lol:

Kano
20-06-2012, 12:37 PM
cheap ****! a caramello?!

McNamara That Ghost...
20-06-2012, 01:18 PM
He must have more confiscated chocolate bars than that.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is confident Arsene Wenger is 'certain' captain Robin van Persie, 28, will stay at Arsenal, despite only have 12 months left on his current contract.
Full story: talkSPORT

Hes gone

Cripps_orig
21-06-2012, 11:09 AM
So Euro 2012 is over for him...

Will we see contract talks continue?

Or have we more or less given up?

McNamara That Ghost...
21-06-2012, 11:13 AM
He's on holiday I think. :lol:

Cripps_orig
21-06-2012, 11:28 AM
And after that, pre season will have started so he'll just want to concentrate on being fit and then the season and before we know it, hes joining Spuds on a free

What a ****

The Realist
21-06-2012, 01:36 PM
http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,16429_7824663,00.html
Frimpong stated "If Robin doesn't stay I'm personally going to go to his house and sort him out myself."

He is staying.. :scarf:

Japan Shaking All Over
21-06-2012, 01:47 PM
He is staying.. :scarf:

Doubt whether he even knows where he lives........DENCH

The Realist
21-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Doubt whether he even knows where he lives........DENCH

I'm sure he could just follow him home after training..

Japan Shaking All Over
21-06-2012, 02:22 PM
.........hhhmmmmmmm forget it

Boss
22-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Derksen blamed the side's failure on the excessive number of egos present in the dressing room, namely Gregory Van der Wiel, Ibrahim Afellay and Robin van Persie, and implied that problems with mentality and structure were rife in the Dutch camp.

"[Gregory Van der Wiel] was working on everything except football," he told Voetbal International. "He has his own clothing line and was working too long on it.

"Plus he was working on hip hop music and was getting his hair done every day. Players hardly saw him without headphones on. He wasn't listening to music only during matches and training.

"From day one [Robin van Persie and Ibrahim Afellay] were not part of the group. Afellay is hated in the Dutch camp. He came across as 'I play for Barcelona, who do you play for?'

"He was very arrogant. When it was someone's birthday, and everybody had to pay for a gift, he wouldn't even chip in €10.

"Van Persie was behaving in the same way. Van Persie and Afellay were together for the whole tournament. Also, everyone was disturbed by Van Persie not talking to the press [referring to the gagging order placed on the 28-year-old by his club, Arsenal, amid doubts over his future]."

However, he had kinder words to say for Wesley Sneijder, whom he believes was the only player trying to foster any sort of team spirit: "He wanted to take the lead, and wanted to get the team on their feet."

Netherlands will compete with Turkey, Hungary, Romania, Estonia and Andorra in qualifying for the 2014 World Cup, which begins in September.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/2898/euro-2012/2012/06/22/3192361/derksen-slams-van-persie-afellay-van-der-wiel-behaviour-in?

:cold:

Power n Glory
22-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Nothing to do with the shit defence and poor tactical set up
then?

Cripps_orig
22-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Typical Bar**** **** Afellay is

RVP can fuck off as well

Sneijder :bow:

Marc Overmars
22-06-2012, 09:49 AM
RVP :lol:

Billy big bollocks.

Fist of Lehmann
22-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Better that than the rest of the Dutch side which was largely Billy van der No Bollocx.

Özim
22-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Afellay doesn't really play for Barca though does he, he largely sits on the bench or is left out of the squad. Wasn't impressed with him.

Schneijder was superb though.

Niall_Quinn
22-06-2012, 12:35 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/2898/euro-2012/2012/06/22/3192361/derksen-slams-van-persie-afellay-van-der-wiel-behaviour-in?

:cold:

So RvP kept to himself and stuck to his agreement not to talk to the press? What a ****!

How did him not talking to the press affect the Dutch results? I can see why having a shit manager and shit tactics, shit defenders and greedy bastards like Robben might have an effect but the press thing is hard to figure out. If RvP has broken his deal with Arsenal and spoke to the press, does that mean the Dutch would be in the QF now? Seems far fetched.

Marc Overmars
22-06-2012, 12:43 PM
RVP has shown his true colours here. We need to get rid before he starts to affect our team.

Özim
22-06-2012, 12:47 PM
So RvP kept to himself and stuck to his agreement not to talk to the press? What a ****!

How did him not talking to the press affect the Dutch results? I can see why having a shit manager and shit tactics, shit defenders and greedy bastards like Robben might have an effect but the press thing is hard to figure out. If RvP has broken his deal with Arsenal and spoke to the press, does that mean the Dutch would be in the QF now? Seems far fetched.
You might want to re-read this bit as well:

From day one [Robin van Persie and Ibrahim Afellay] were not part of the group. Afellay is hated in the Dutch camp. He came across as 'I play for Barcelona, who do you play for?'

"He was very arrogant. When it was someone's birthday, and everybody had to pay for a gift, he wouldn't even chip in €10.

"Van Persie was behaving in the same way.

Team spirit is important for a successful team and not integrating yourself with the rest of the squad is detrimental. Ask Wenger.

Xhaka Can’t
22-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Does anyone else think Derkson is a crybaby bitch?

Fist of Lehmann
22-06-2012, 01:01 PM
He's also supposed to be the best captain we've had since Vieira.

(That's Rvp not Derkson)

Özim
22-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Well the Dutch were very disjointed and didn't really perform, whether he's the best captain or not is irrelevant....he didn't perform for Holland on the whole. The manager clearly got it wrong, but Holland have always been known for having too many players with big ego's.

Schneijder seemed far hungrier than most of the others.

GP
22-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Well the Dutch were very disjointed and didn't really perform, whether he's the best captain or not is irrelevant....he didn't perform for Holland on the whole. The manager clearly got it wrong, but Holland have always been known for having too many players with big ego's.

Schneijder seemed far hungrier than most of the others.

Then he should consult a dietician.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Schneijder :bow:

Cripps_orig
22-06-2012, 01:30 PM

Team spirit is important for a successful team and not integrating yourself with the rest of the squad is detrimental. Ask Wenger.

RVP was behaving in the same way as Afellay? Does that mean hes off to Barca?

Or was he saying "I play for Arsenal, who do you play for?"? Seems unlikely cos he'd be laughed out of town for that. Or maybe he did do that and was laughed out of town hence all the problems

Fist of Lehmann
22-06-2012, 01:33 PM

Schneijder seemed far hungrier than most of the others.Not really. It's an pertinent example of how this supposedly problem player is more than capable of integrating into a team, not only that, but actually going above an beyond to engender an atmosphere of team spirit.

The big ego's thing is as lazy an accusation as it gets, irrespective of the era, Holland's failures without exception are attributed to egos.

But the point is this, whether this is the reason Holland failed or not is by the by. Just because there is a tournament on does not mean I'm about to u-turn and pretend I give 2 shits about what happens in international football.

Rvp is not like this with us, and that's all that matters.

Niall_Quinn
22-06-2012, 01:47 PM

I read it properly the first time. "Van Persie was behaving in the same way." So he wouldn't give ten Euros and walked around giving it large about playing for Barcelona? Unlikely. So the accusation is he wouldn't integrate. Big deal, how does that equate with this team of superstars getting beaten by the likes of Denmark?

What we have here is a shit journalist whoring for attention plus a handful of Arsenal fans who are always eager to jump on the players and the manager. Some people bitch about players not performing and then they find ways to bitch about the players who do perform. Doubt RvP is particularly pleased with how the Euros turned out but we as fans don't need to worry about that because we can already be pleased about the contribution he made to the only club that matters - Arsenal.

Özim
22-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Not really. It's an pertinent example of how this supposedly problem player is more than capable of integrating into a team, not only that, but actually going above an beyond to engender an atmosphere of team spirit.

The big ego's thing is as lazy an accusation as it gets, irrespective of the era, Holland's failures without exception are attributed to egos.

But the point is this, whether this is the reason Holland failed or not is by the by. Just because there is a tournament on does not mean I'm about to u-turn and pretend I give 2 shits about what happens in international football.

Rvp is not like this with us, and that's all that matters.
Alternatively it could actually support the point about not being a team player unless he's the most important person in the team.

Anyway I don't have a problem with RVP but considering the amount of quality they have, there was a real lack of cohesion, they didn't seem like much of a team, more a group of individuals which doesn't point to a great team spirit...neither did Robben's reaction to being substituted.

Özim
22-06-2012, 01:51 PM
I read it properly the first time. "Van Persie was behaving in the same way." So he wouldn't give ten Euros and walked around giving it large about playing for Barcelona? Unlikely. So the accusation is he wouldn't integrate. Big deal, how does that equate with this team of superstars getting beaten by the likes of Denmark?

What we have here is a shit journalist whoring for attention plus a handful of Arsenal fans who are always eager to jump on the players and the manager. Some people bitch about players not performing and then they find ways to bitch about the players who do perform. Doubt RvP is particularly pleased with how the Euros turned out but we as fans don't need to worry about that because we can already be pleased about the contribution he made to the only club that matters - Arsenal.
Integration is important in terms of team spirit and cohesion, you can't have 10 superstars walking around only interested in the way they play, Incidentally RVP didn't perform for Holland and that's what we're talking about here, not Arsenal.

How Holland do doesn't mean a great deal, personally would have liked them to have done better though as they have a lot of good players and it's entertaining to watch top players play football, I've really enjoyed the Euro's think it's a refreshing change from all the frustrations of club football we have to go through.

Fist of Lehmann
22-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Alternatively it could actually support the point about not being a team player unless he's the most important person in the team.
Sure why not, given how disruptive he was before he was Arsenal captain. Never contributed to the birthday collections, never offered to buy the first round, always putting chilli powder in people's jockstraps.

Niall_Quinn
22-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Integration is important in terms of team spirit and cohesion, you can't have 10 superstars walking around only interested in the way they play, Incidentally RVP didn't perform for Holland and that's what we're talking about here, not Arsenal.

How Holland do doesn't mean a great deal, personally would have liked them to have done better though as they have a lot of good players and it's entertaining to watch top players play football, I've really enjoyed the Euro's think it's a refreshing change from all the frustrations of club football we have to go through.

Yeah I wanted the Dutch to do well too, for footballing reasons. But this hack trying to blame three players for those awful performances is just silly. Especially as there were viable replacements in the squad for all the players mentioned so what the hell was the manager up to if these three were wrecking the tournament for the Dutch? It doesn't add up, then again when does the chip wrapper quality tripe from a hack ever add up?

I haven't enjoyed the Euros (bar Spain vs Croatia and Germany vs Dutch) because the shitty negative teams are destroying it. The quality of football is so low for what is supposedly a premium competition. Watching Schweinsteiger, Ronaldo and Arshavin in the first game was fun and there was one run from Ox, but those highlights don't make up for the fact most of these teams can't pass a ball. I finally gave up watching though I'll tune back in for the England Italy game (for some weird reason).

Cripps_orig
22-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Euros have been awesome tbf

Euros :bow:

NQ :haha:

Niall_Quinn
22-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Euros have been awesome tbf

Euros :bow:

NQ :haha:

Only if you like 8 players bricking up a goal. There has been a handful of notable performances, the rest has been dross. The fact it's a tournament gives it an extra buzz but if you just consider the football then there hasn't been much of that on display. Tonight will be equally painful with that awful excuse for a football team rolling out their bus again. Hopefully German ingenuity can dismantle it.

Xhaka Can’t
22-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Any time anyone, no matter how ridiculous the source slags off one of our players, for whatever reason, it has to be true. Even moreso if there are no quotes.

Fuck supporting anything to do with Arsenal.

Joker
22-06-2012, 07:53 PM
RVP had an ego problem at Feyenoord, and got into conflict with the other more senior players because he behaved as if he was captain, rather than a 19 year old just breaking to the first team. His ego shrunk somewhat at Arsenal, but after last season, he seems to have gone into relapse. I don't have a huge problem with arrogance, but what has he actually achieved in his career? Most of it has been spent injured, and it was only last season when he performed consistently well (albeit he faded after March).

I'd rather have team players who are on the up at Arsenal (like Giroud and Podolski hopefully) rather than fading prima donnas like RVP. Time to get rid I think.

Niall_Quinn
22-06-2012, 07:57 PM
RVP had an ego problem at Feyenoord, and got into conflict with the other more senior players because he behaved as if he was captain, rather than a 19 year old just breaking to the first team. His ego shrunk somewhat at Arsenal, but after last season, he seems to have gone into relapse. I don't have a huge problem with arrogance, but what has he actually achieved in his career? Most of it has been spent injured, and it was only last season when he performed consistently well (albeit he faded after March).

I'd rather have team players who are on the up at Arsenal (like Giroud and Podolski hopefully) rather than fading prima donnas like RVP. Time to get rid I think.

Shut the fuck up.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Only if you like 8 players bricking up a goal. There has been a handful of notable performances, the rest has been dross. The fact it's a tournament gives it an extra buzz but if you just consider the football then there hasn't been much of that on display. Tonight will be equally painful with that awful excuse for a football team rolling out their bus again. Hopefully German ingenuity can dismantle it.I'll say it again

Shocking summer you have had

If Wenger was a poster, he would be you.

Joker
22-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Shut the fuck up.

I don't know why you always pick on my posts re: RVP. Others on this thread have said the same thing.

Xhaka Can’t
22-06-2012, 08:11 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZu_ZsrMn48FudteFk1lbOTzPBWwVSn n8S9UZ6NUJurb7U9LIssJQY54ys

Niall_Quinn
22-06-2012, 08:18 PM
I'll say it again

Shocking summer you have had

If Wenger was a poster, he would be you.

Lol, the Greeks have certainly raised the level tonight eh?

Niall_Quinn
22-06-2012, 08:21 PM
I don't know why you always pick on my posts re: RVP. Others on this thread have said the same thing.

Because all you post is shit about the p,ayers and the manager. A fucking spud would have grown tired of slagging us by now, but not you.

milla
22-06-2012, 09:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fGPsOJnKQE

:coffee:

cricketsi
22-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Schneijder :bow:
Who needs RVP? We should sign Basley Westian Schweinsneijder

Japan Shaking All Over
23-06-2012, 01:09 AM

Here we go again!
I dont how you can write half the crap you do. . .yes, RvP has had a shocking run of injuries that has kept out of portions of every season he has been with us bar last year. . .I hazard a guess that if he hadnt he would be very close to being our highest goalscorer!

But how can you say he is a prima donna and that his attitude stinks, the guy watched the heart of the team get ripped out and at the same time get handed with the captains armband, no doubt with the adage 'Get us out of this mess' -

Did he mop and pout - no
Did he shun his responsibilty - no
Did he refuse to lead by example - no

We didnt win a trophy I know but you cannot say that RvP didnt try, he lead by example, proved me wrong by being the best captain weve had since PaddyV and stuck up for the team at every opportunity! He also didnt bitch about a thing! We have his contract to deal with now and I dont see why we cant have him Pods and Giourd at the club

Players have slumps unlike you, who is constantly good at posting toss

Keith
23-06-2012, 08:46 PM
I still believe RVP was the other player to ask to leave last summer.

I hope he has seen sense and will sign but I think he'll be off to Italy if he does leave

Bergkampwonderland10
23-06-2012, 08:55 PM
'The other' singular?
Think there were several according to Wenger - including Song and Walcott. Pretty sure Van Persie's name wasn't mentioned...though from Wenger's account it was actually half the squad that wanted out.

He won't go to Italy.

I still believe RVP was the other player to ask to leave last summer.

I hope he has seen sense and will sign but I think he'll be off to Italy if he does leave

Kano
25-06-2012, 08:24 AM

what a fucking idiot

Cripps_orig
26-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Mino Raiola, who represents players such as Mario Balotelli and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, has advised Robin van Persie not to leave Arsenal for a move to Serie A, which he feels is "third-rate" and in decline.

The Gunners are determined to hold on to their skipper, but the Netherlands international is continually being linked with a move away from the club, with Juventus keeping a close eye on the 28-year-old's situation.

However, Raiola feels that a move to Serie A would be a step in the wrong direction for the attacker, should he leave the Emirates Stadium.

"If he really wants to leave Arsenal for Juventus, he should do everything in his power to make it happen. He should think hard about whether he wants a move to Italy, though," the flamboyant agent told NOS.

"Mario [Balotelli] could join any Italian top club if he wants as well, but you have to take a good look at whether this is the right move.

"In my opinion, the Italian league is only getting worse at this point. Italy should have improved their infrastructure and all that some 10 years ago. I'm talking about stadiums, but also about other facilities.

"I'm not afraid to say that Serie A a third-rate league now. When I started as an agent, Italy was pretty much the promised land. Joining an English club was a punishment.

"Things have changed, though. Players now prefer England, Spain and Germany over Italy, and rightly so."

Raiola's comments come only days after Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger's stated that Serie A is not good enough for Van Persie.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/06/26/3201630/raiola-advises-van-persie-against-moving-to-italy

Spain it is then

WilshereourGHEL
27-06-2012, 01:03 PM
bbcsport_david
Van Persie to resume talks with Arsenal when back from Caribbean break. He's keen to stay, with or without new contract. Ball in #afc court.

Niall_Quinn
27-06-2012, 01:07 PM
I'd settle for a Caribbean break, never mind £130K per week.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Might as well take the money if he isnt signing

1 good season out of 8 and hes acting all billy big bollocks

Fuck him

If he was one of the worlds best then keep him but the likes of Gomez, Huntelaar scored more last season and have done it for more than one season. Both piss on him easy. Even the Real duo of Benzema and Higuain piss on him easy.

RVP :wave:

Niall_Quinn
27-06-2012, 01:10 PM

Fuck him

If he was one of the worlds best then keep him but the likes of Gomez, Huntelaar scored more last season and have done it for more than one season. Both piss on him easy. Even the Real duo of Benzema and Higuain piss on him easy.

Desperate WUMing.

Flavs
27-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Chim chiminey Chim chiminey
Chim chim charoo
Who needs Van Persie
When we have Giroud

Cripps_orig
27-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Desperate WUMing.

Which part?

Speaking the truth isnt WUMming

Blaming the board for everything and believing Wenger is innocent as you do is WUMming :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
27-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Which part?

Speaking the truth isnt WUMming

Blaming the board for everything and believing Wenger is innocent as you do is WUMming :coffee:

Desperate excuses.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Maybe you need that Caribbean holiday more than you think.

Its been a shocking summer for you what with being dreadfully wrong about Euro 2012, RVP, Nasri, Wenger etc etc

Go recharge your batteries and prepare yourself for next season where no doubt you'll continue being just as wrong

Niall_Quinn
27-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Maybe you need that Caribbean holiday more than you think.

Its been a shocking summer for you what with being dreadfully wrong about Euro 2012, RVP, Nasri, Wenger etc etc

Go recharge your batteries and prepare yourself for next season where no doubt you'll continue being just as wrong

Desperate diversions.

The Ogg Monster
27-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Just desperate.

Syn
30-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Sign a fucking contract you twat.

Cripps_orig
01-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has continued to be evasive over speculation linking the club with a move for Robin van Persie.

The Arsenal striker, who hit 37 goals in all competitions last season, has reportedly attracted interest from Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain and the Premier League champions, and with the Dutchman, as yet, failing to agree new terms on a contract that expires in just 12 months’ time, speculation is rife that a big-money move to the Etihad Stadium could be imminent.

However, Mancini has acted quickly to distance himself from the conjecture, without categorically ruling out a bid for the forward.

The Italian told Sky Sports Italia: "Van Persie? He is an Arsenal player and I don't want to disrespect Wenger."

"We have four strikers and we will start the preseason in five days, it's unlikely there will be major changes in such a short time,” he added.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/01/3213251/i-dont-want-to-disrespect-wenger-mancini-vague-over-swoop

Then STFU

Only Gooners are allowed to disrespect Wenger

Joker
01-07-2012, 02:36 PM

Fuck him

Agreed, the **** is behaving despicably tbh. If you want to leave, fine, but to drag this out for so long for his own personal benefit is taking the piss. If he said at the end of the season after meeting with Wenger and Gazidis, that "we have had talks, but I'm not convinced with the direction this club is taking, so I am looking at other options to further my career" then I'd somewhat understand that given the way the club has stagnated. However, he's really disrupting our summer now, which is unforgivable. Let's not forget that RVP has actually only had about 8 months of consistently high quality performances in his career. I don't think you can categorise him as a very good player based on that. There are a large number of strikers who have performed at a consistent level over a long period of time, even if they've never hit the sort of purple patch RVP hit last season. I'd prefer those sorts of forwards compared to flat track bullies like RVP. When it came to the crunch at Euro 2012 and he had the chance to prove to the world that he was a good player, he stank the place up, disrupted the Dutch camp and by all accounts was a poisonous influence on the camp. Good riddance to bad rubbish I say.

Japan Shaking All Over
01-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Good Riddance to bad rubbish? . . .Id second that. . .when are you going?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Agreed, the **** is behaving despicably tbh. If you want to leave, fine, but to drag this out for so long for his own personal benefit is taking the piss. If he said at the end of the season after meeting with Wenger and Gazidis, that "we have had talks, but I'm not convinced with the direction this club is taking, so I am looking at other options to further my career" then I'd somewhat understand that given the way the club has stagnated. However, he's really disrupting our summer now, which is unforgivable. Let's not forget that RVP has actually only had about 8 months of consistently high quality performances in his career. I don't think you can categorise him as a very good player based on that. There are a large number of strikers who have performed at a consistent level over a long period of time, even if they've never hit the sort of purple patch RVP hit last season. I'd prefer those sorts of forwards compared to flat track bullies like RVP. When it came to the crunch at Euro 2012 and he had the chance to prove to the world that he was a good player, he stank the place up, disrupted the Dutch camp and by all accounts was a poisonous influence on the camp. Good riddance to bad rubbish I say.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/omg/grand/omgosh.gif

Kano
01-07-2012, 03:28 PM

when a wum goes from one liners, to small paragraphs to novels like this post, they've lost their touch.

Xhaka Can’t
01-07-2012, 05:15 PM

How is he behaving despicably? You clearly have greater insight into what is going on than the rest of us.

So please share with us!

milla
01-07-2012, 06:49 PM

Dear Ach and Joker...

milla
01-07-2012, 06:49 PM

Dear Ach and Joker...

Cripps_orig
01-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Theres 2 of us so should be ****s tbh

Cripps_orig
01-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Finally a decent response instead of wum ones.

Pretty much agree with all of that but id regard him as a very good player. Not a World class one though.

Just hate what hes doing. He must have known first hand from last summer and previous summers how the "will he/wont he" sagas from other players have affected us and hes doing the same. Just sign of fuck off asap. He said he'd decide at the end of the season. The season ended over a month and a half ago
so hes a lying **** as well.

Xhaka Can’t
01-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Tbh, he doesn't need to sign anything.

He has another year to go in the contract. This isn't ideal, but it is a far cry from the shit that has been pulled on us in the past.

milla
01-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Finally a decent response instead of wum ones.

Pretty much agree with all of that but id regard him as a very good player. Not a World class one though.

Just hate what hes doing. He must have known first hand from last summer and previous summers how the "will he/wont he" sagas from other players have affected us and hes doing the same. Just sign of fuck off asap. He said he'd decide at the end of the season. The season ended over a month and a half ago
so hes a lying **** as well.

Nothing wrong with it. Nasri did much worst last year, I dont see you going banana over it. If you want to WUM be a consistent WUM, prick. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
01-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Ah the "i have no reply so il use the hes being a WUM" line

Classic

Nasri did the same and hes hated on here yet RVP isnt?

And im being inconsistent? :doh:

Cripps_orig
01-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Ah the "i have no reply so il use the hes being a WUM" line

Classic

Nasri did the same and hes hated on here yet RVP isnt?

And im being inconsistent? :doh:

milla
01-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Yes you are. Nasri is hated here but not by you. Oh RVP is still here, what is your point about GW being inconsistent. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
01-07-2012, 07:48 PM
I dont think anything of Nasri be it hatred or liking him.

I understand RVP having a great season has made many on here believe hes the best player of all time blah blah blah. Its a fan thing. I used to be like that. Alas i grew up and am more mature.

milla
01-07-2012, 08:00 PM
I dont think anything of Nasri be it hatred or liking him.

I understand RVP having a great season has made many on here believe hes the best player of all time blah blah blah. Its a fan thing. I used to be like that. Alas i grew up and am more mature.

So why the GTFO then? He is still here, he hasn't bad mouth the club (or fans) nor did he whore himself to other clubs.

If RVP wishes to leave, good luck to him. We understand why Nasri and TH14 (and so on) left (more money, bigger winning chances). In fact it's not RVP's fault if he thinks he must leave, it's club's fault for failing to fulfilled their promises to fans and players. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
01-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Tbf it was sign or GTFO

Last thing we need is a captain who isnt committed.

milla
01-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Tbf it was sign or GTFO

Last thing we need is a captain who isnt committed.

Who said he isn't? You assumed he is holding the club to the ransom but you dont know. By all means, when he actually leave you can mock him as much as you want. Till then, show some support to the players, it might convinced them to stay and see that this is actually a great club with great fans. :coffee:

Keith
02-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Arsenal have turned down a 10 million euros (£8 million) offer from Juventus for Dutch striker Robin van Persie, according to reports in Italy.

The 28-year-old, who scored 36 goals in all competitions for the Gunners last season, is a target of Juventus, Manchester City and Paris St Germain.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Juve will have to up their bid to acquire Van Persie after their first offer to secure the Netherlands international was rejected by the Premier League club.

Van Persie has been linked with a move away from Emirates Stadium this summer with his current contract expiring in 12 months' time.

Arsenal have already secured deals for France striker Olivier Giroud and Germany forward Lukas Podolski.

GP
02-07-2012, 02:19 PM
£8m? :lol:

Fist of Lehmann
02-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Let's not forget that RVP has actually only had about 8 months of consistently high quality performances in his career. I don't think you can categorise him as a very good player based on that. There are a large number of strikers who have performed at a consistent level over a long period of time, even if they've never hit the sort of purple patch RVP hit last season.

When he played, Rvp was consistently one of the most productive players in the Premiership. Taken on a per game basis his record stood comparison with any of his contempories. In fact, the figures suggested that, were he ever to put a full season together, he would be better than any of them. Though dubious at the time this season has proved that prediction to be spot on. He's hit a purple patch in fitness, that's all, because with regards to his performance level his patch has always been purple.

I'd prefer those sorts of forwards compared to flat track bullies like RVP.

On 11 April 2012...[Rvp] became only the second player to score against 17 different Premier League opponents in a single campaign.

Maestro
02-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Bringing facts to a GW thread is like bringing an atom bomb to a fist fight

Xhaka Can’t
02-07-2012, 05:54 PM
£8m? :lol:

I especially like this bit.
According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Juve will have to up their bid to acquire Van Persie

That right there is quality journalism.

Cripps_orig
03-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has rejected any possibility of the club selling star striker Robin van Persie.

Manchester City are reported to be heavily interested in the Dutch forward, who has only one year left on his Gunners contract.

However, the Emirates Stadium chairman has revealed that there has been no offers tabled for the Premier League's top goalscorer, nor would the club be interested in entertaining any bids.

“As far as I am aware nobody has made any offer for him and he is away so we are not in any dialogue at all,” Hill-Wood told reporters.

“We're not in the remotest bit interested in selling him.”

Reports suggest the 28-year-old Van Persie, who endured a disappointing Euro 2012 with Netherlands, is stalling on a £130,000-per-week deal.

Real Madrid and Barcelona have also been linked with the Arsenal man, but City are reportedly leading the queue for his signature, having already made contact with agent Kees Vos.

Manager Arsene Wenger also seemed to rule Van Persie out of a possible move to Juventus after denouncing the "low-level" nature of Italian football in comparison to the Premier League.

Hill-Wood's previous admission that Arsenal wouldn't break the bank to keep Van Persie in north London appeared to fuel yet more speculation, but the English champions' are also pursuing a similar stance.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/03/3217247/we-are-not-remotely-interested-in-selling-van-persie-arsenal

Hes gone

fakeyank
03-07-2012, 03:30 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/03/3217247/we-are-not-remotely-interested-in-selling-van-persie-arsenal

Hes gone

Every time this fat fuck opens his filthy mouth, we lose a player. Should just shoot himself

Cripps_orig
03-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Every time this fat fuck opens his filthy mouth, we lose a player. Should just shoot himself

Could have just told me to STFU instead of telling me to shoot myself

Cripps_orig
03-07-2012, 05:50 PM
ARSENE WENGER has vowed to do everything in his power to keep Robin van Persie at Arsenal.

The Dutch striker, 28, is entering into the final year of his contract at the Emirates and has been heavily linked with a move away from the club.

Manchester City and Juventus are both hot on the heels of prolific forward, who finished top scorer in the Premier League last season with 30 goals.

Gunners boss Wenger said: “We want to keep Robin van Persie at all costs — because we depend on him offensively.

“I have always supported him even in the hardest times, and I hope he will end his career at Arsenal.”

Wenger wants Van Persie to link up with summer signings Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud in a devastating three-pronged attack.

Giroud did not enjoy the best tournaments at Euro 2012 with France but comes off the back of a terrific season in Ligue 1, where his 21 goals helped Montpellier to the title.

Wenger added: “I have known Olivier Giroud for some time.

“The first time I saw him, I found he had something intelligent and dangerous. I always said he could score goals and assist his partners.

“Our game is based on co-operation between the players in the offensive phase and he will integrate easily.

“I don’t like simple goalscorers, they must also add to the collective. He is good in the air which is rare. He is quite complete and has a great room for improvement.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4408929/Robin-van-Persie-transfer-Arsene-Wenger-vows-to-keep-Dutch-striker-at-Arsenal.html

So hes looking to play all 3?

fakeyank
03-07-2012, 07:10 PM

Could have just told me to STFU instead of telling me to shoot myself

Now now, that was for PHW, dont go all ILT on yourself :ilt:

Özim
03-07-2012, 08:22 PM

Hes gone
Slip a fiver in his back pocket and he'll be only too happy to sell.

So we're not interested in selling him apparently despite him heading for the last year of his contract? Can't see it myself, if he doesn't sign I don't see PHW and co watching money go down the pan when it could be in their back pockets.

Cripps_orig
03-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Pretty much

Same old shit was said last summer about Nasri and ****esc.

Nasri left and ****esc fucked off as well

Asthmatic Kitty
04-07-2012, 04:31 PM

Rvp confirms he's not signing a new contract

Cripps_orig
04-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Apparently its doing the rounds on Twitter

Twitter :lol:

Unless i see him binning his Arsenal top on the website, i wont believe it

Asthmatic Kitty
04-07-2012, 04:37 PM
It's on SSN info bar

Cripps_orig
04-07-2012, 04:38 PM
In that case

Bye

Keith
04-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Statement on daily mail

Marc Overmars
04-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Get rid of him now.

Don't see the point in playing next season with a captain who is not committed.

gunnerrrrr
04-07-2012, 04:39 PM
It's on SSN info bar

Full details of what RVP said
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2168806/Robin-van-Persie-refuses-sign-Arsenal-contract.html

Fucking Gadidickas and Wenger should do a Bob Dimond and fuck off

Keith
04-07-2012, 04:40 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2168806/Robin-van-Persie-refuses-sign-Arsenal-contract.html

Cripps_orig
Who said he isn't? You assumed he is holding the club to the ransom but you dont know. By all means, when he actually leave you can mock him as much as you want. Till then, show some support to the players, it might convinced them to stay and see that this is actually a great club with great fans. :coffee:

Seeing as hes just refused to sign a new contract, id say hes not committed.

Syn
Van Persie: "It became clear after a meeting with Arsene Wenger and Ivan Gazidis that we disagree on the way Arsenal should move forward".

Fuck. This is a problem.

Cripps_orig
04-07-2012, 04:42 PM
I blame the board tbh

Asthmatic Kitty
04-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Where do people think the cutoff point is in terms of transfer fee for deciding whether to keep him or sell? If all juve are going to offer is 8m we may as well keep him, though there may be some ill-effects in terms of squad morale etc.

hobson's choice
04-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Gotta respect Robin, did it like a man, unlike that boy from Barcelona

gunnerrrrr
04-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Van Persie: "It became clear after a meeting with Arsene Wenger and Ivan Gazidis that we disagree on the way Arsenal should move forward".

Fuck. This is a problem.
No surprises here....basically Wenger must have said I has faith in the youngsters....then RVP looked at the latest batch (Denilson, Bentdner, Vela etc) and though fuck this.

Marc Overmars
04-07-2012, 04:45 PM
This is an update for the fans about my current situation. I have kept quiet all this time out of respect and loyalty for the club and as agreed with Mr. Gazidis and Mr. Wenger, but since there is so much speculation in the media, I think it is fair for you guys to know what’s really going on at the moment.

As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the Boss and Mr. Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club’s future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days. Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.

I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.

I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal FC. Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch. I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last 8 years. As soon as Mr. Gazidis is back from his 2-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments.

Robin van Persie

http://robinvanpersie.com/2012/07/04/update-for-the-fans/

The Wengerbabies
04-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Not surprised at all tbh. Expected this since last summer.

Wilshere going next year too.

Syn
04-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Sold us down the river a bit in negotiations as well with everyone knowing he won't sign a new contract.

Can't be arsed to waste energy playing the blame game right now. This is a huge problem for Arsenal - we needed him to stay and sign a new deal.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-07-2012, 04:48 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/49/dawson_crying.gif

Keith
04-07-2012, 04:48 PM
He'll be 30 when his deal ends, keep him, blood theo and dump him.

Static
04-07-2012, 04:49 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7868741/RVP-snubs-new-Gunners-deal

Cripps_orig
04-07-2012, 04:49 PM
So how much can we get for him?

Bear in mind hes late 20s, contract running down and hes had a shocker of a summer which will have hit his transfer price

Also his injury record will come to mind for potential buyer

We'll do well to get £15m

Syn
04-07-2012, 04:50 PM
So how much can we get for him?

Bear in mind hes late 20s, contract running down and hes had a shocker of a summer which will have hit his transfer price

Also his injury record will come to mind for potential buyer

We'll do well to get £15m

We'll probably get around £12-15m. Probably a bit more if Man City do get him, but not a lot more.

Static
04-07-2012, 04:51 PM
With RVP leaving, Vermaelen will be captain I assume?

Keith
04-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Don't hang him yet, this could be his Rooney moment

Cripps_orig
04-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Podolski probably thinking "wtf have i done?"

Hes gone next summer as well

Cripps_orig
04-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Don't hang him yet, this could be his Rooney moment

Grannies in the country better beware

Marc Overmars
04-07-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm not surprised to be honest, I thought he'd sign but at the end of the day is Arsenal seen as a place for the top players to flourish? No and his statement pretty much confirms that.

What I'd give to be a fly on the wall in that meeting.

RVP: I would like to see significant investment in the first team squad.

Gazidis: We are committed to the self-sustaining policy.

Wenger: You will see Robin, Park is ready to show what he can do.

RVP: Bye

Syn
He'll be 30 when his deal ends, keep him, blood theo and dump him.

That's what I would do. I agree that players need to be 'committed' and all that, but was Flamini really committed in his last season when he was putting in great performances? It's not like a 'switch' that's on or off. What's RVP going to do - sulk for 12 months?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
what. the. fuck.

how can he say arsenal football club and him do not share the same vision? we've signed podolski and giroud FFS, what other clubs have signed 2 players already? we're apparently very close to a deal with mvila and there's speculation with others.

i just cannot believe we stuck with this guy through absolutely everything, and got backstabbed like this. what an utter cretin of a human being. where's he gonna go? madrid dont need him, barca dont need him, italy? :lol: city? :lol: good luck with that, 1 injury and you'll be down the pecking order before you know it.

this is a huge, huge blow both on and off the pitch. im distraught.

Alpha
04-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Can't blame him for that . The club doesn't want to move forward and adapt to the current situation . All other football clubs have understood that you need a very heavy and clever investment to keep up with the top clubs in the world but we still live in the dreamland . City and Chelsea were far behind us but now they are far ahead . Vierra , henry , Fabregas loved the club but understood it became a sinking boat why RVP should stay on it ? great message and a call-up for Wenger and his stubborn board .

fakeyank
04-07-2012, 04:56 PM
He can fuck right off tbh.. What worries me now is that Walcott will leave this season as well. That leaves us with two new promising players IN and two established players OUT, which is worse than where we were end of last season. It is imperative that Wally signs a new contract now, just for the sake of continuity.

Summer just got that much worser! :(

Boss
04-07-2012, 04:57 PM
:rose:

As usual, players not happy with the club's transfer policy.

Özil's Panoramic View
04-07-2012, 04:59 PM
For some strange reason, I always thought RVP had a little class. But now seeing how he's going about his dealings with the club that stood by him when he was plagued by injuries right through out his career, along with his alleged indiscretions in the Dutch national team, I honestly couldn't care less were he to leave.

As a matter of fact, I honestly can't see him replicating last season hence, there is really no need to offer him sh** loads of cash to keep him around for four more seasons. Somehow I just can't see us getting 30 - 40 mil for him and as such I say we let the little f*** run out his contract and go far free - he'll be 30 by then and legs would have slowed considerably.

Guy has one good season after years of being a 'handle with care' and suddenly thinks he's the f***ing source of oxygen around the Emirates, to the point where it seems he wants the Board to literally suck his c*** and balls before he puts pen to paper. Time we started thinking about club above all else and f*** off with these modern day mercenaries parading as footballers.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-07-2012, 05:01 PM
ive got anger towards the board cause of years of continual underinvestment that has caused doubt in many of our senior players minds, causing them to leave.

anger towards wenger for trying his f*cking youth project and failing miserably, fuelling uncertainty.

anger towards van persie for showing little loyalty when we stuck by him through his injuries.

i thought nasri and cesc were a one off and that footballers had some sort of loyalty towards clubs, but if someone like van persie, who loves the club and was adored by fans, treats us like this too then i really am dumbfounded. it was HIS f*cking club, he pretty much owned it with his performances on the pitch. all the youngsters looked up to him and the manager loved him.

what a joke.

Cripps_orig
Different players but same old shit

Wenger will never learn.

His own players do not believe in this Youth project crap so why continue?

He needs to go asap.

fakeyank
what. the. fuck.

how can he say arsenal football club and him do not share the same vision? we've signed podolski and giroud FFS, what other clubs have signed 2 players already? we're apparently very close to a deal with mvila and there's speculation with others.

i just cannot believe we stuck with this guy through absolutely everything, and got backstabbed like this. what an utter cretin of a human being. where's he gonna go? madrid dont need him, barca dont need him, italy? :lol: city? :lol: good luck with that, 1 injury and you'll be down the pecking order before you know it.

this is a huge, huge blow both on and off the pitch. im distraught.

Yes, he is a huge fucking ****. 1.5 good seasons out of 8 and he is now a superstar. AW, PHW or whichever motherfucker is out there needs to be straight up with him and the fans "We are looking to get 25-30 million for him and if we do not receive an offer in that range by July 15, then he will see out his contract". Whats RVP going to do? If he sulks, next season, no one is going to get an asshole like him hitting 30s and with only CC games under the belt OR he could raise his game, just so he can sign a huge pre-contract in January (and this can only be a good thing)

I just hope AW does not buy into his crocodile tears and begs the board to lower his price ala Fabregas. I will lynch AW myself!

Marc Overmars
04-07-2012, 05:05 PM
There is a problem with the club and how it is run and the fans clearly aren't the only ones who are frustrated by it.

There must be a reason why our starting 11 is pretty much turned over every 3 years.

I really thought RVP would be the one to commit but I guess no matter how highly regarded they are, players will always look after themselves first and it's a damn shame Arsenal are never on the same wavelength.

hobson's choice
04-07-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm not mad at Robin, he's thinking about his career and how he wants it to end, he doesn't see himself having the kinda success he would like to have, at Arsenal, and i don't blame him for that. That's just life.

GP
04-07-2012, 05:08 PM
'A statement for the fans'

Bollocks.

Not happy because the club doesn't sign players.

The club sign 2 high quality players

Not happy with the players signed.

Lying shitbag.

Robin, you're a cunt

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Yes, he is a huge fucking ****. 1.5 good seasons out of 8 and he is now a superstar. AW, PHW or whichever motherfucker is out there needs to be straight up with him and the fans "We are looking to get 25-30 million for him and if we do not receive an offer in that range by July 15, then he will see out his contract". Whats RVP going to do? If he sulks, next season, no one is going to get an asshole like him hitting 30s and with only CC games under the belt OR he could raise his game, just so he can sign a huge pre-contract in January (and this can only be a good thing)

I just hope AW does not buy into his crocodile tears and begs the board to lower his price ala Fabregas. I will lynch AW myself!

im dumbfounded at the fact he says we do not share the same vision in moving forward, yet we signed an experienced german world cup star and ligue 1's top goalscorer last season. if that doesnt show intent then i dont know what will?

im also annoyed at the fact we are going round in f*cking circles EVERY season. we build some sort of team, then a big star wants out. we go back to square 1 and have to build again. you will NEVER ever win trophies that way because you need consistency and long term vision within a core group of players. just think about the number of world class/high calibre players we've lost every summer over the past few years, it's no coincidence our glory days where when we had all our top players fighting together (vieira, henry, bergkamp, campbell, cole etc). now they all leave and its destructive.

i think ive realised we're a selling club and always will be. players dont trust wengers vision and dont see themselves winning trophies here.

GP
04-07-2012, 05:10 PM

That's just it though, isn't it?

We are not going to get £30m for a 30 year old in the last year of his contract. Probably not even half that.
All his statement has done is make his position untenable, forcing a move in this window.

What a massive, massive dick he is.

Fuck off, Robin.

GP
04-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Someone get Juventus on the phone...

Ollie the Optimist
04-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Fact that club had no idea this was coming tells you everything about Robin's intentions. Round my way we'd call him a snide ****.

Marc Overmars
04-07-2012, 05:16 PM
It might not just be about signing players. He said they disagree on many aspects about the club.

He could even have lost faith in Wengers ability to deliver success.

What these "aspects" are we don't know obviously but what is clear is that he doesn't feel like Arsenal is the right club for him anymore - that is the root of the problem, unfortunatley.

He's not the first and won't be the last.

Cripps_orig
04-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Fact that club had no idea this was coming tells you everything about Robin's intentions. Round my way we'd call him a snide ****.

They bought 2 strikers this summer. The club knew

fakeyank
That's just it though, isn't it?

We are not going to get £30m for a 30 year old in the last year of his contract. Probably not even half that.
All his statement has done is make his position untenable, forcing a move in this window.

What a massive, massive dick he is.

Fuck off, Robin.

I do not know if him coming out with a statement is a good thing or a bad thing. Bad obviously for what you mentioned but good coz at least we have clarity on July 3 that he wants to leave... there is no point getting 12 million quid for a player like him. It's our way or the highway. He can see out the last year of his contract and put in an effort. He can sulk and fuck up his career or he can keep it up like last season, decision is his. He is not as young as Cesc where if he sulks all season, he will still get a good contract, he is hitting 30 and no one will sign a POS injury prone **** who sulked his way through his last one year.

The ball is in AW and the board's court. Go hard on him muppets. For once, show some cojones!!

Ollie the Optimist

well the club have no idea he was going to release this statement so sums the **** up

fari
04-07-2012, 05:18 PM
It might not just be about signing players. He said they disagree on many aspects about the club.

He could even have lost faith in Wengers ability to deliver success.

What these "aspects" are we don't know obviously but what is clear is that he doesn't feel like Arsenal is the right club for him anymore - that is the root of the problem, unfortunatley.

He's not the first and won't be the last.

hm, i hadn't thought about this. good point

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-07-2012, 05:19 PM

actually i think its the complete opposite. i think they got giroud in knowing rvp was off but maybe it was a last throw of the dice to persuade rvp to stay too.

wengers comments last week defending rvp for his euro 2012 performances make sense now; supporting him even when everyone else criticised his performances, showing the father figure he is, and what robin wont be getting if he moved elsewhere. the board and wenger would have known robin had serious thoughts about leaving for some time now, but whether they did enough to keep him is another story.

Marc Overmars
04-07-2012, 05:20 PM

Exactly. The Giroud signing was a giveaway.

Cripps_orig
04-07-2012, 05:20 PM
well the club have no idea he was going to release this statement so sums the **** up

At least the fans know now. Club werent going to say anything

But yes he is a ****

One season wonder if there ever was one

fakeyank
04-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Hope he signs for City! :pray:

One injury and he will be behind all the other strikers in that team and then what RVP?! You are not going to stroll back into the team with fans screaming your name, you will be sitting beside a nasty lesbian counting your cash. You couldve been an Arsenal legend and all you did was ruin your legacy.

:fingers:

Özim
04-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Predictable really, this is the reason we signed Podolski and/or Giroud, we pretty much knew he was on his way (you can read this club like a book).

A big loss without a doubt, we lose a guy who has shown he can score goals and our best player and bring in two strikers who will take time to adapt, whilst I think they are good signings losing RVP is a bad thing for us.

We need some investment in the team and fast.

Jimmy Valmer
04-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Oh well. Bit of a shame but we've been used to this most summers now (a major player leaving). Hopefully we'll get a minimum of 20 million and re-invest that into the squad.

Özim
04-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Pretty much, I always suspected this, usually we just sit on our arses and watch everyone else spend. We'll get some money for him and this will cover much of what we've spent....what a surprise :o

Don't blame him for going, who the f*ck would want to stick around at his age with a manager and board content with picking up their cash and winning nothing?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-07-2012, 05:27 PM
also confused as to why he released this statement when there's still another round of talks with gazidis in 2 weeks time, as he mentions, when gazidis is back from holiday? van persie's still on holiday from his euro 2012 antics, so he's not even been discussing with our board since that meeting at the end of last season.

it's totally out of the blue and one can only say he has been managed poorly by his agent, but the buck stops with robin, and it's a terrible decision tbh.

Özim
04-07-2012, 05:30 PM
:lol: Pull the other one, they knew this was coming...they signed Podolski and Giroud after all....do you really think they would have if they hadn't know about this and the possibility of cashing in again.

Open your eyes and look at the root of the problem and why all our top players leave, this isn't a one off....it's been happening almost every summer, there's a good reason we lose our stars, it's called "no ambition".

McNamara That Ghost...
04-07-2012, 05:31 PM
We disagree in how the club should move forward so I'll probably decide to leave in order to make sure the club doesn't move forward? I don't understand players, we all easily see through what they say so just say, you want to go. You're going to get booed to fuck anyway so just say what you really feel.

Özim
04-07-2012, 05:34 PM
It's simple really, he wants to win trophies, having had talks he clearly feels that's not going to happen with us.

A fair decision to be honest.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-07-2012, 05:34 PM
not sure what kind of effect this will have on wenger tbh.

he's continually shown loyalty towards young players and brought them through, many of whom would be nowhere near the standard they are without him. they've all pretty much backstabbed or wanted out. no doubt wenger will be left questioning himself and the morality of modern day football. if it makes him more ruthless then im all for it, but if it makes him more stubborn, then we've got a problem.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-07-2012, 05:35 PM
It's simple really, he wants to win trophies, having had talks he clearly feels that's not going to happen with us.

I think it's stupid, isn't he saying he should actually be the one calling shots in who we buy (presumably)? Then he releases a statement which is more of a turnoff for any potential player coming because they know they probably won't be playing with him anymore.

Özim
04-07-2012, 05:38 PM
I agree

Marc Overmars
04-07-2012, 05:39 PM
not sure what kind of effect this will have on wenger tbh.

he's continually shown loyalty towards young players and brought them through, many of whom would be nowhere near the standard they are without him. they've all pretty much backstabbed or wanted out. no doubt wenger will be left questioning himself and the morality of modern day football. if it makes him more ruthless then im all for it, but if it makes him more stubborn, then we've got a problem.

Podolski and Giroud aren't typical Wenger signings, so I hope he's just thought fuck it, I'll play Football Manager and see who I can get.

Enough of this developing players crap, none of them give a fuck about him.

Özim
04-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Different players but same old shit

Wenger will never learn.

His own players do not believe in this Youth project crap so why continue?

He needs to go asap.
You're absolutely right, he will never learn and this has been the problem for a long time. When things don't work you change things and try something new, try to find a solution to the problem.

He doesn't and won't.

It's mystifying and the reason he'll never win again.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-07-2012, 05:43 PM

but it doesnt make sense.

2 months ago he said he wanted us to show ambition by signing players. 4 days into the transfer window we have signed a goalscoring machine from germany and ligue 1's top goalscorer last season. what was he expecting? 6 signings in 4 days? he's not even given us a chance to prove our worth yet we stuck with him through years of crap. he clearly knew exactly what he was doing months ago as his swift release of the statement early in the transfer window suggests he wants to ensure he gets his move asap before other clubs turn to other targets.

the statement was also released weeks after he held meetings with the board, and before another set of crucial meetings in mid july with the board, when gazidis comes back from holiday (dont forget robins on holiday too).

if he was uncertain about whether to leave or go, he would have at least waited til mid july and had those meetings with gazidis, and then made a decision. but he didn't. instead he based his decision on meetings weeks ago which tells me he knew what he wanted to do months ago, as he clearly doesn't need another chat with the board to make some sort of decision.

fucking c*nt.

Özim
I think it's stupid, isn't he saying he should actually be the one calling shots in who we buy (presumably)? Then he releases a statement which is more of a turnoff for any potential player coming because they know they probably won't be playing with him anymore.
I think he's saying we're not willing to change the way we do things.

He's not asking to dictate who we buy, just that we show some ambition IMO. Players have long been calling for some spending and they've been spot on as we've seen what's happened in the last 7 years.

I'd rather the players got their wish then us continuing the way we have been, Wenger and co won't do the necessary, noone believes in the project anymore...if noone believes isn't it time for a change.

Sorry one person believes, but he is sadly deluded.

Joker
What an absolute bastard. Fuck him tbh, he obviously has a very high opinion of himself despite the fact he's only had one good season in his career (and even then he tailed off after March). I though his unsuccessful European Championships may have knocked a bit of sense into him, and forced him to accept that he's not a world class footballer and Arsenal is probably the level where he'd be best suited. But no, he thinks he's a great player, and is holding out for an offer from Man City, Barca or Real.

We should sell him ASAP tbh, and forget about the **** completely. Hopefully, finally Wenger and the board realise that winning trophies will make contract renegotiations easier in the future (although I doubt it).

Özim
04-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Podolski and Giroud aren't typical Wenger signings, so I hope he's just thought fuck it, I'll play Football Manager and see who I can get.

Enough of this developing players crap, none of them give a fuck about him.
Wishful thinking, we knew we were going to lose our only player who scored goals last season so we thought, let's buy a couple players on the cheap to replace him (knowing that we'd be able to get most of the money back).

Podolski is a good player, but he's no RVP....our two new signings are excellent, but losing RVP would put almost put us to back where we started at the beginning of last season in reality.

Marc Overmars
04-07-2012, 05:45 PM

I guess the reports of him being one of the c***s in the Dutch camp weren't really far off the mark.

Jimmy Valmer
04-07-2012, 05:49 PM
If reports are to be believed, Walcott could be next to declare his intention to leave or not sign a new contract as a committed RVP was central to his negotiations.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
I think he's saying we're not willing to change the way we do things.

He's not asking to dictate who we buy, just that we show some ambition IMO. Players have long been calling for some spending and they've been spot on as we've seen what's happened in the last 7 years.

I'd rather the players got their wish then us continuing the way we have been, Wenger and co won't do the necessary, noone believes in the project anymore...if noone believes isn't it time for a change.

Sorry one person believes, but he is sadly deluded.

yeah but we have.

we signed podolski and giroud, which as MO says, is completely against wengers usual rationale. we're also clearing out the decks with the dead wood/youth project, so there is signs of change.

that tells me robin wanted out all along and made excuses to try and justify his decision. he probably thought we wouldn't strengthen and when he saw we did, he made sure to release the statement asap to get his imminent move, even before another set of crucial meetings with the board which were pencilled in for mid july.

i dont buy this 'we dont share the same vision'... we just bought 2 high calibre players ffs. its an absolute cop out excuse.

Özim
I guess the reports of him being one of the c***s in the Dutch camp weren't really far off the mark.
I reckon he loves Arsenal, he's always shown signs that he does.

When a player who loves the club (much like Cesc did) and still leaves you know there's a problem, this is a rational decision based on his circumstances and wanting to achieve something in his career and it's fair enough he's entitled to not re-sign a contract.

If you want players to sign you have to convince them that you're serious about winning, we've shown over the years we're not.

Özim
04-07-2012, 05:51 PM
yeah but we have.

we signed podolski and giroud, which as MO says, is completely against wengers usual rationale. we're also clearing out the decks with the dead wood/youth project, so there is signs of change.

that tells me robin wanted out all along and made excuses to try and justify his decision. he probably thought we wouldn't strengthen and when he saw we did, he made sure to release the statement asap to get his imminent move, even before another set of crucial meetings with the board which were pencilled in for mid july.

i dont buy this 'we dont share the same vision'... we just bought 2 high calibre players ffs. its an absolute cop out excuse.
We signed them knowing he was on his way, I'm convinced of that.

We knew we weren't going to pay him (we said as much) and we've been not overly bothered about negotiations. Those signings were basically replacements, when do we ever sign players early?

I suspected as much all along and now we have proof, the way the club has been in recent years there's was no other scenario.

Fats
04-07-2012, 05:52 PM
One thing has to change at the club WENGER !!!!!!!!!!

Sack this fool and at least we will have to move forward, not sideways 5 yards!!!

Özim
04-07-2012, 05:53 PM
If reports are to be believed, Walcott could be next to declare his intention to leave or not sign a new contract as a committed RVP was central to his negotiations.
Could be right, maybe Giroud is Walcott's replacement.

2 in 2 out, would make sense.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-07-2012, 05:54 PM
We signed them knowing he was on his way, I'm convinced of that.

We knew we weren't going to pay him (we said as much) and we've been not overly bothered about negotiations. Those signings were basically replacements, when do we ever sign players early?

I suspected as much all along and now we have proof, the way the club has been in recent years there's was no other scenario.

well its a catch 22 then.

if we sign players then its to replace rvp as he's leaving, and if we dont, rvp leaves because we dont share the same vision.

how can we win?

Joker
04-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Although there's irritation at us losing another first team player, I think RVP was on the decline anyway, as his pathetic performances in the Euros showed. Football wise it's not that big a deal to lose him tbh. He may say that "I want to win trophies", and while I agree that our lack of ambition doesn't make it easy to keep players or bring in top quality ones, it has to be said that RVP shares a lot of responsibility for our lack of trophies, and to act as if he's separate from that shows what a low grade wanker he is.

Marc Overmars
04-07-2012, 05:56 PM
I reckon he loves Arsenal, he's always shown signs that he does.

When a player who loves the club (much like Cesc did) and still leaves you know there's a problem, this is a rational decision based on his circumstances and wanting to achieve something in his career and it's fair enough he's entitled to not re-sign a contract.

If you want players to sign you have to convince them that you're serious about winning, we've shown over the years we're not.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave but I find the statement lame.

Billy Big Bollocks and all that.

Özim
04-07-2012, 05:56 PM
well its a catch 22 then.

if we sign players then its to replace rvp as he's leaving, and if we dont, rvp leaves because we dont share the same vision.

how can we win?
Get players to sign contracts before they have one year left would be a good start.

So would actually showing we're serious about winning and not being so proud of being 4th every year. The whole way the club is at the moment is wrong, we reward failure and are proud of it.

We've got a losers mentality and that's the reason I sometimes taint Wenger as a loser, he seems content with losing.

Özim
04-07-2012, 05:58 PM

He's kept quiet up until now, I'm glad we finally have an answer wouldn't have wanted this dragged out for the whole summer in the way the club seems to prefer. We know he's not signing, so we're spared a few months of anguish, I don't particularly like the way the club is so hush hush about everything.

Some will say it shows class, other will say it's a way of being deceiptful.

GP
04-07-2012, 06:01 PM

The statement is bullshit. He's leaving for money, simple as that.

Sell the cunt to Juventus.

Munchies
04-07-2012, 06:02 PM
I can't see how Giroud and Podolski will be able to replace RVP. Okay I haven't seen much of the two play, but from seeing Podolski at Euro 2012 he was pretty shit, and his goalscoring record at the clubs he has been at hasn't been too great. Giroud played great in the French league, but so did Chamakh. The club knew all along that he'd go, can't remember the last time we practically had 2 players more or less signed before the transfer window opened.

And now it comes down to how we manage the RVP situation. Either:
1) Accept who offers the most cash (Man City) and offload him there, without caring how much he'd strengthen them, rather than abroad.
2) Keep him for this season, buy 3 more world class players , and hopefully if we win something , he changes his mind.

Though I doubt we'd sign 3 top draw players, so probably he'll go to City for £30m (less than Andy Carroll, but our board can't negotiate like other clubs, such as Spuds sticking with £35m for Modric until Chelsea gave up. We should try and get £40m by starting a bidding war but that may be lower now)

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-07-2012, 06:02 PM
He's kept quiet up until now, I'm glad we finally have an answer wouldn't have wanted this dragged out for the whole summer in the way the club seems to prefer. We know he's not signing, so we're spared a few months of anguish, I don't particularly like the way the club is so hush hush about everything.

Some will say it shows class, other will say it's a way of being deceiptful.

wouldnt be surprised if they kept quiet to ensure as many season tickets were renewed as possible before they announced it themselves.

Joker
04-07-2012, 06:03 PM
The guy has no class, I said so last season when he behaved like a dick against Newcastle and Wigan, acting like Billy Big Bollocks. He's proven it again with this bullshit, disrespectful statement.

Ollie the Optimist
04-07-2012, 06:03 PM
The statement is bullshit. He's leaving for money, simple as that.

Sell the cunt to Juventus.

this :gp:

this crap i love the club and want to win trophies. how he plan to do that by leaving? utter bullshit from a disloyal ****

Cripps_orig
04-07-2012, 06:04 PM

Fuck him

Said this a week ago

People called it a WUM post

I call it a premonition

Özim
04-07-2012, 06:05 PM
wouldnt be surprised if they kept quiet to ensure as many season tickets were renewed as possible before they announced it themselves.
Me neither, we get this every summer don't we....top player wants to leave, dragged out all summer then he leaves. RVP has just told us what most of us already knew and what we would have had to wait a few more months to find out for sure if the club had their way.

It's refreshing to know what's happening even if it's not good news.

Cripps_orig
04-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Also Joker :bow:

Was spot on about RVP all this time

Let me be the first to apologise to him

gunnerrrrr
04-07-2012, 06:06 PM
This really is unbelievable stuff..i mean a few seasons ago we were a signing or two away from really competing for the league...and within a few years look at the names who have left us..

Cesc, Nasri, Adebayor, Clichy, Flamini, Hleb, Eduardo, Diarra, Toure.

On top of that the so called youngsters who were meant to grow into world class footballers haven't exactly set the world alight .. im talking about Bendtner, Vela, Djourou, Diaby, Gibbs, Denilson.

Finally look at some of the complete recent shockers of transfers or players we have had...Almunia, Chamack, Park, Squlachi, even Asharvin went bad in a big way.

Now we are set to lose RVP, a guy who last season scored 37 goals and had another 15 assist in 48 games.....so basically a guy who to us is invaluable....and he could go for around £15m max!

How can Gazidis justify his pay...since he has been here i have seen nothing but our best players leave the club and contracts run down....this is shocking stuff.

And one final point that fucking useless **** Peter Hill Wood should just keep his ugly fat fucking mouth shut.....its no coincidence in my opinion that RVP released that statement following that fat ****s useless comments in the media...

Oh well we only pay the highest prices in the league to watch our team play football.