just like dein when he sold out.

Cripps_orig
09-07-2012, 08:29 PM
The guy who's Wenger's best friend?

Is your WUM Radar malfunctioning?Wenger was actually a decent manager back then

Maybe he can be again if Dein was back

Özim
09-07-2012, 08:44 PM
pretty sure dein still wants wenger in charge. would you be happy with that?
If Dein keeps him on the straight and narrow and tells him how it's done why not. No more losers attitude and proud to be 4th nonsense!

Özim
09-07-2012, 08:46 PM
exactly. greedy and after one thing.

just like dein when he sold out.
Dein was never greedy, he wanted the club to be the best, sadly clueless PHW and co screwed him over in the name of greed. They then convinced Wenger money was the way to go, the rest as they say is history!

mastermind84
10-07-2012, 05:02 AM
To the options? No. To the pretence that he might stay for another year? Yes.

There is a world of difference between belief and knowledge.

We're in a weak bargaining position, that pretence was pretty much the only card we had.
that statement made no difference to his bargaining position. When he didnt sign an extension before that day, it was already known what the deal was. His agent probably put it out there too.

Özim
10-07-2012, 08:09 AM
that statement made no difference to his bargaining position. When he didnt sign an extension before that day, it was already known what the deal was. His agent probably put it out there too.
Pretty much, after all Juve didn't offer 8 million for no reason. Everyone knew he hadn't signed, every knew he had a year let and therefore they would know how much they are willing to bid for a player with that amount of time left on his contract.

Kano
10-07-2012, 08:22 AM
no one told that to man city last season then

Joker
10-07-2012, 09:40 AM
RVP and his wife are being trolled on twitter:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/261005/The-Van-Persie-s-are-trolled/

GP
10-07-2012, 09:48 AM
:lol:

Letters
10-07-2012, 09:53 AM
“No need to abuse his wife. She was always good to us.”

Was she? I'd never heard of her before.

Kano
10-07-2012, 10:15 AM
i wouldn't mind abusing her

Fist of Lehmann
10-07-2012, 11:04 AM

To his bargaining position? I was talking about ours. Or lack thereof.

Here, let me explain it this way.

When a buying club knows you have to sell, your bargaining position is weak.
When a buying club knows you do not have to sell, your bargaining position is strong.
When a buying club is not sure, it's a game of cat and mouse. Hence the posturing about keeping him to the last year of his contract.

By releasing this statement Rvp has removed the element of doubt, he wants to burn bridges, making it effectively impossible to hold him to his contract. It's a calculated move to engineer his big payday. From the club's point of view - a dick move, but from vanPersie's, it's only business.

The only hope the club has of strengthening their position is to rope in as many buyers as possible.

Kano
10-07-2012, 11:14 AM
agents would've known about the real situation even if RVP had not released a statement and arsenal had not done either.

something becoming 'official' on the net is usually a few steps behind what anyone on the inside will know.

the statement makes no difference to the price we would have and will generate

IBK
10-07-2012, 11:15 AM
How is that bollocks and why are you in total disagreement? Of course he wants to move and that's the purpose of the statement. I'm not suggesting that it's not. The question is, why has he come out and given both barrels to the club in this way?

Tapping up....that's speculation and bollocks. It doesn't take a genius to work out how much he'd earn if Man City were interested in signing him and let's face it, if anyone of our players were linked with Man City, we'd all assume they'd be on megabucks and compare what their top stars earn. RVP hasn't all of sudden had his head turned either. He's been delaying contract talks for the whole season. He doesn't want to be here and it's not as if he has it so sweet here that it takes the big bucks of Man City to get his attention.

Did you read my post properly because you're missing the point. There was a gagging order on him during the Euros, the club said we'd make an announcement when the tournament was over but we were still talking about keeping RVP even though he said he didn't want to stay. They were trying to drag the saga out right in front of the press saying that we're keeping him, we're not selling, the usual nonsense. That must have pissed him off because they said everything would become clear at the Euros but it looked like they weren't holding up their end of the deal. Why keep talking to the press about him staying if he's already told the club he's not? Yes, he wants to move and that's why the statement was so aggressive. Whether you agree or disagree with what he did is different matter.

I'm in total disagreement that RVP made his statement in retalliation for anything PHW said, for 2 reasons. Firstly, what does it matter to the player (or more importantly his advisers who have advised him to say what he has said) what our chairman says? Its obvious that this is a lawyer's/agent's statement - not something deriving from the player himself. This is not a passionate reaction to perceived maltreatment. In fact its difficult to envisage a more cynical, dispassionate statement. It has been made to secure an advantage, not as a tit for tat measure.

Second, even if the above is wrong, and his motivation was (as you argue) simply to put the record straight why not leave it as clarifing that he does not wish to re-sign? Why put the boot in and damage the club - while at the same time making him look like a ****. You say there's no evidence of any tapping up. Well there is no evidence that there hasn;t been any tapping up - but its crystal clear that what has been said has been said with the express intention of making his position untenable, and preventing the club from holding him to the final year of his contract. Fuck all to do with what PHW has, or has not said, IMO.

Fist of Lehmann
10-07-2012, 11:17 AM
RVP and his wife are being trolled on twitter:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/261005/The-Van-Persie-s-are-trolled/

:lol: I expect you were front of the queue no?

As I recall, it was reported that his wife told him he should stay.

Uncalled for, that she get caught up in the spastic backlash (spazlash?)

Letters
10-07-2012, 11:23 AM
To his bargaining position? I was talking about ours. Or lack thereof.

Here, let me explain it this way.

When a buying club knows you have to sell, your bargaining position is weak.
When a buying club knows you do not have to sell, your bargaining position is strong.
When a buying club is not sure, it's a game of cat and mouse. Hence the posturing about keeping him to the last year of his contract.

By releasing this statement Rvp has removed the element of doubt, he wants to burn bridges, making it effectively impossible to hold him to his contract. It's a calculated move to engineer his big payday. From the club's point of view - a dick move, but from vanPersie's, it's only business.

The only hope the club has of strengthening their position is to rope in as many buyers as possible.
:good:
We're in a slightly stronger position than we were with Cesc as we knew he'd only sign for one club. Everyone knew he'd only sign for one club. So we couldn't start a bidding war. On the other hand he was younger and worth more because of that. We're not going to get loads for him. I initially thought we should keep him because of that but having read other people's views about the damage that would do to the dressing room I've changed my mind. We should get rid and accept it's not going to be for silly money.

Flavs
10-07-2012, 11:23 AM
:lol: I expect you were front of the queue no?

Retard rebound?

Syn
10-07-2012, 11:24 AM

They're always after money. I'm sure she's fully after the Man City wages.

Flavs
10-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Look its easy, he can earn £120k a week with us and not win anything or he can earn £200k a week at citeh and win everything

Also Nasri is his BFF so he will want to go shag him

Fist of Lehmann
10-07-2012, 11:35 AM
agents would've known about the real situation even if RVP had not released a statement and arsenal had not done either.

something becoming 'official' on the net is usually a few steps behind what anyone on the inside will know.

the statement makes no difference to the price we would have and will generateWhat's the difference between a statement in the public domain and his agent whoring him quietly to every club in the world?

The difference with a public statment is that he now cannot stay, not at least without a public climbdown.

"I cannot agree with the way this club is run, but I have decided to lower myself and take their money for one more year."

With the ego's involved on both sides, that is unlikely.

Kano
10-07-2012, 11:42 AM
that same was thought of tevez last season

whatever the public pretence doesn't matter - the truth would have been known behind closed doors, so whether or not the fans knew the real deal doesn't matter. agents and clubs would know he is leaving and worked accordingly.

it'll still be £20m+ without question

Marc Overmars
10-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Have we sold this pub teamer yet?

Fist of Lehmann
10-07-2012, 12:00 PM
that same was thought of tevez last season

whatever the public pretence doesn't matter - the truth would have been known behind closed doors, so whether or not the fans knew the real deal doesn't matter. agents and clubs would know he is leaving and worked accordingly.

it'll still be £20m+ without questionI'd be happy with £20m+ as long as it didn't drag on and on.

GP
10-07-2012, 12:01 PM
I'd take the £8m from Juve tbh

IBK
10-07-2012, 12:03 PM
In the article Ach posted from The Express (I know, its a rag :blahblah: but still offering a point to debate - so save it)

Wenger had reservations over RvPs history of injuries and that we shouldnt stand in the way of a decent offer. . .so maybe he isnt such a pussy because there is an argument that we will save money by not busting the bank to keep him, maybe that is why the contract was run down. . .maybe the same is being done for Theo, last chance to prove he isnt shit!

This is a very good point. The consensus seems to be that it was a no brainer, and that RVP is so world class that the club should have made a mega offer much earlier, but I disagree. Noone is saying that he didn't have the talent (although I think the jury is very much out on whether RVP will be anywhere near as prolific in a team that is not completely set up to play to his strengths - compare and contrast his displays for Holland and Arsenal, for example). But lets face it, in the eyes of many, last season was his last chance saloon on the injury front - and it would have been rash to put it mildly to break the bank to offer a new long contract to an ageing player who had played less than half the available games in the preceeding seasons. RVP is little better than a Flamini and an Adebayor in that he is agitating away having had his one stand out season, and it really wouldn't surprise me to see his goals trajectory follow a similar pattern elsewhere.

Kano
10-07-2012, 12:09 PM
I'd be happy with £20m+ as long as it didn't drag on and on.

hopefully wenger hasn't left his balls back in france this week

Letters
10-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Look its easy, he can earn £120k a week with us and not win anything or he can earn £200k a week at citeh and win everything
I give RvP more credit than that - in that he must surely realise that any trophies they win are tainted by the way they've 'won' them.
I'm preparing myself for disappointment though.

Kano
10-07-2012, 12:24 PM
I give RvP more credit than that - in that he must surely realise that any trophies they win are tainted by the way they've 'won' them.
fans see it completely differently to players

players still need to bust a gut to win a game, so they value the silverware at the end of it

Özim
10-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Even if he did think of the trophies as tainted, he'd still be getting more money.

We can't offer him success at the end of the day, that much seems clear, so he'll find a club that can and will probably get a pay rise in the process.

It's quite an easy decision, I think a move abroad would also appeal, cos let's be honest the weather in England is sh*t.

Flavs
10-07-2012, 12:26 PM

Sadly it seems that is the reward for one good season nowadays. These rich boy teams come along and buy player who have one great season and pay them a fortune, luckily for us normal teams it doesn't work out that way in the main.

Fist of Lehmann
10-07-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm preparing myself for disappointment though.You hopeless idealist you.

I'm sure the City players feel that nagging suspicion that all their achievements are tainted as they roll naked on a giant bed of money.

Ollie the Optimist
10-07-2012, 01:01 PM
sky sports are now reporting that van persie will make a u turn and actually sign a new contract with us.

if that happens, im not sure how i would feel. he has to lose the captaincy imo, the damage he has done is too much. he hten has to work fucking hard to get back in our books. if he starts next season like the last one he will win us back but if he doesnt, thats it. i think i still want him out though

Shaqiri Is Boss
10-07-2012, 01:06 PM
If he did sign a new contract and claims it was all part of a plan to force a new contract, by the time he scores his first goal it'd all be forgotten.

As with Rooney and, frankly, Gerrard.

Syn
10-07-2012, 01:06 PM
1. :rolleyes: Sky Sports haven't reported it.

2. It wouldn't be hard to get back into the good books. A couple of goals and it's all good.

LDG
10-07-2012, 01:07 PM
sky sports are now reporting that van persie will make a u turn and actually sign a new contract with us.

if that happens, im not sure how i would feel. he has to lose the captaincy imo, the damage he has done is too much. he hten has to work fucking hard to get back in our books. if he starts next season like the last one he will win us back but if he doesnt, thats it. i think i still want him out though

Sauce?

Japan Shaking All Over
10-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Sauce?

Ummm brown please

Flavs
10-07-2012, 01:13 PM
PSG saying they arent interested in RvP now :pal:

Japan Shaking All Over
10-07-2012, 01:13 PM

Shit that would be a tough one. . , although I agree a few goals and the who needs Batman banners will be back

I for one was just putting the finishing tpuches to my own version of that

'Who needs Robin, when we have JOKER!

Coney
10-07-2012, 01:17 PM
If RvP decides that, since the Arsenal have shown willing by buying some real players, he will sign a new contract, I would be perfectly happy to have him as captain as I think he has done a better job than anyone since Patrick Vieira. If he was doing what he did to force the board and Wenger to spend some money - I have no problem with that. After all, if it means we finally get to win some silver, there will be nothing to forgive.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-07-2012, 01:21 PM
:gp:
I dont see why RvP cant believe he cant win things with the two brought in. ....and hopefully there is more to come

Ollie the Optimist
10-07-2012, 01:25 PM
source: Stand by your beds.Sky Sports News' Dharmesh Sheth claims a well-placed source is telling him there are echoes of the Wayne Rooney situation about the Robin van Persie statement and that it's not set in stone he'll be leaving the club. Guess that's one to watch.

from http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer-centre/live-clockwatch

Syn
10-07-2012, 01:28 PM
If RvP decides that, since the Arsenal have shown willing by buying some real players, he will sign a new contract, I would be perfectly happy to have him as captain as I think he has done a better job than anyone since Patrick Vieira. If he was doing what he did to force the board and Wenger to spend some money - I have no problem with that. After all, if it means we finally get to win some silver, there will be nothing to forgive.

If he stays and signs a new contract - he will have done exactly that. He has forced the board and Wenger to spend more money. On him.

He doesn't give a fuck about the club. Same as Rooney. Same as most footballers these days. He cares about himself and himself only - if we cough up the money, we've got a #decent chance of keeping him and I think we will. But we'll see.

Cripps_orig
10-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Couldnt care less if he stays or goes.

RVP seems to think hes this all important guy at Arsenal. Hes not.

Fuck him if he goes, fuck him if he stays.

Just get it sorted one way or another asap but knowing Wenger as we do, he'll be sold after the season begins probably on deadline day and then Wenger will use the classic "we didnt have time to bring in a replacement" line

Its happening

McNamara That Ghost...
10-07-2012, 01:50 PM
RVP can stick it up his bollocks.

Cripps_orig
10-07-2012, 01:52 PM
RVP can stick it up his billy big bollocks.

Just corrected your little mistake there

Fist of Lehmann
10-07-2012, 01:53 PM
He does what he wants,
He does what he waaaaaaa-ants...

Özim
10-07-2012, 01:54 PM
source: Stand by your beds.Sky Sports News' Dharmesh Sheth claims a well-placed source is telling him there are echoes of the Wayne Rooney situation about the Robin van Persie statement and that it's not set in stone he'll be leaving the club. Guess that's one to watch.

from http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer-centre/live-clockwatch
I can confirm I've just seen a stone with "Robin Van Persie is leaving Arsenal" on it, looks like he's wrong.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-07-2012, 01:58 PM
I can confirm I've just seen a stone with "Robin Van Persie is leaving Arsenal" on it, looks like he's wrong.

Was that on your way to the bottle bank?

Özim
10-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Was that on your way to the bottle bank?
Yes and I saw Wenger there, you won't be suprised to hear he had no bottle!

LDG
10-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Yes and I saw Wenger there, you won't be suprised to hear he had no bottle!

Why was he at the bottle bank then? :unsure:

Özim
10-07-2012, 02:07 PM
Why was he at the bottle bank then? :unsure:
I don't know, I asked him why he was trying to stick his arm into the bottle bank. He said he did not see it. :shrug:

Fist of Lehmann
Yes and I saw Wenger there, you won't be suprised to hear he had no bottle!Then why was he at a bottle bank?

You can't make withdrawals. Once again your posts make no sense.

Argh! Fucking LDG. >_>

Kano
Couldnt care less if he stays or goes.

RVP seems to think hes this all important guy at Arsenal. Hes not.

Fuck him if he goes, fuck him if he stays.

Just get it sorted one way or another asap but knowing Wenger as we do, he'll be sold after the season begins probably on deadline day and then Wenger will use the classic "we didnt have time to bring in a replacement" line

Its happening

we'll buy another midfielder and move theo into the centre - it will be the sweetener for his new contract

Cripps_orig
10-07-2012, 02:09 PM
we'll buy another midfielder and move theo into the centre - it will be the sweetener for his new contract

£100k+ a week plus he gets to play in his preferred position. Sounds good. He accepts.

I should be his agent tbh

Özim
10-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Then why was he at a bottle bank?

You can't make withdrawals. Once again your posts make no sense.

Argh! Fucking LDG. >_>
Maybe because he had no bottle?

Joker
10-07-2012, 02:15 PM
LOL if he does do a 180 and decides to stay, then he clearly cares only about the money; he's 100 times worse than Nasri, does genuinely care about trophies which is why he left.

I still say we sell the ****, and use the money to buy a more reliable, younger player. Let's be honest, RVP is a mediocre player who's had one good season in 8, apart from that he's been no better than journeymen premiership players like Andy Johnson. Fuck him.

Kano
10-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Let's be honest, RVP is a mediocre player who's had one good season in 8, apart from that he's been no better than journeymen premiership players like Andy Johnson. Fuck him.
that's more like it. non of this long paragraph wind up nonsense - it never works as well as one liners like this.

you're almost back.

Fist of Lehmann
10-07-2012, 02:19 PM
This is becoming a farce.

Joker
10-07-2012, 02:19 PM
that's more like it. non of this long paragraph wind up nonsense - it never works as well as one liners like this.

you're almost back.

I'm not wumming, I've maintained this POV for over 2 years now. And I'm not the only one saying this, look at twitter and even on here there are a fair few Arsenal fans who feel the same way.

Syn
10-07-2012, 02:31 PM
It's a tricky one in judging his ability. This '7 years of injuries/averageness, 1 great full season' stuff kinda misses the point - the last 18 months is the level RVP is at now. He's not going to go back to being a bad player. He might get injuries I guess but you take a risk like that on all players. At the same time I also don't think he'll have another season where he'll bang in 30+ goals in the league.

He'll get good numbers - better than Giroud or Podolski probably will - but I think his purple patch in the middle of the season when he was knocking those volleys in from all angles...that goal+ a game ratio I don't think can be maintained. But he's obviously more than just goals and that assurance of quality hold-up play and attacking threat is probably worth a lot.

LDG
10-07-2012, 02:35 PM
If Vinger is to sit down with RVP next week, does this mean we can expect more signings before the meeting, to show our "ambition"?

:popcorn:

Power n Glory
10-07-2012, 02:35 PM
If he stays, great! Hopefully it's a wake up call to Wenger and the Board. They can't continue down this road and expect players to go along with it. We need something to wake them up and this is how it's done, fair enough.

Marc Overmars
10-07-2012, 02:55 PM
It would be great if he stayed for the sake of the team but I'd still feel a little indifferent towards him. Honestly if there's a chance of keeping him I would just bite the bullet and do it because I don't think we can replace what he brings to the table, we'd almost certainly be worse off if he left, unless we really push the boat out in the transfer market which is unlikely.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-07-2012, 02:59 PM
jesus i had just gotten over the furore of rvp leaving and now people say he might be staying.

if he leaves i dont think wenger will sign another striker and having had time to think about the situation, i dont think he should; we have giroud and also podolski who can play up top. i think our plan was always to buy podolski and stick with one striker, mainly because podolski can double up as a second striker. having three strikers (i.e. podolski, rvp and giroud) makes little sense because the third striker would hardly get any game time. even when we're chasing the game wenger rarely plays 2 up top, i can only remember a handful of games he's changed our formation. he usually replaces the second DM we have with an AM so another striker would not get much game time at arsenal. rvp leaving doesn't alter our plan because giroud simply comes in to take his place, leaving us with a main striker (giroud) and podolski (who doubles up).

the interesting part will be if rvp decides to stay as it'll be a dilemma for wenger; he'll have to keep all the players happy and give giroud significant game time. will he change formation? im not sure.

the more i think about it the more the signing of podolski is a master stroke; a winger who can double up as a striker, all for just £12m. on top of that he has shed loads of international experience. credit to the board.

Injury Time
10-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Shit that would be a tough one. . , although I agree a few goals and the who needs Batman banners will be back

I for one was just putting the finishing tpuches to my own version of that

'Who needs Robin, when we have JOKER!
but we sold Eboue ages ago :unsure: ;)

Letters
10-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Meh. I'm not sure I want him to stay any more. His statement was a bit twattish and has made me think a bit less of him.
The fans would soon come round if he did a U turn I guess.

fakeyank
10-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Meh. I'm not sure I want him to stay any more. His statement was a bit twattish and has made me think a bit less of him.
The fans would soon come round if he did a U turn I guess.

Is that you Joker? How did you access Letters account?! :angry:

Letters
10-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Is that you Joker? How did you access Letters account?! :angry:
It's like women, you can't let 'em mess you around. Either they want to be with you or they don't :sulk:

fakeyank
10-07-2012, 03:31 PM
It's like women, you can't let 'em mess you around. Either they want to be with you or they don't :sulk:

My My!! Who is this man talking? I see a new Letters- the playa heart breaka!! :cool:

So will you get to watch the Chelsea match? :lol:

Letters
10-07-2012, 03:37 PM
So will you get to watch the Chelsea match? :lol:

Not.
A.
Chance!

:getcoat:

Japan Shaking All Over
10-07-2012, 04:16 PM
but we sold Eboue ages ago :unsure: ;)

Not that Joket, one even more laughable than Eboue. . .

Alpha
10-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Sources very close to RVP confirm that Robin wants to stay at Arsenal : he loves the club . His family is settled in London . He feels the fans really love him and he love them and enjoys that relationship . But he would like to get something close to the premier league top earners as this may be the last and most important contract of his career as he is approaching 30 . Something in the region of 160 to 180 grands . He would love also to see one or two good signings on top of Podolski and Giroud to convince him that the team will be much better next season .

Alpha
10-07-2012, 04:39 PM
jesus i had just gotten over the furore of rvp leaving and now people say he might be staying.

if he leaves i dont think wenger will sign another striker and having had time to think about the situation, i dont think he should; we have giroud and also podolski who can play up top. i think our plan was always to buy podolski and stick with one striker, mainly because podolski can double up as a second striker. having three strikers (i.e. podolski, rvp and giroud) makes little sense because the third striker would hardly get any game time. even when we're chasing the game wenger rarely plays 2 up top, i can only remember a handful of games he's changed our formation. he usually replaces the second DM we have with an AM so another striker would not get much game time at arsenal. rvp leaving

doesn't alter our plan because giroud simply comes in to take his place, leaving us with a main striker (giroud) and podolski (who doubles up).

the interesting part will be if rvp decides to stay as it'll be a dilemma for wenger; he'll have to keep all the players happy and give giroud significant game time. will he change formation? im not sure.

the more i think about it the more the signing of podolski is a master stroke; a winger who can double up as a striker, all for just £12m. on top of that he has shed loads of international experience. credit to the board.

Podolski is mainly a striker who can operate on the left wing . He is not a traditional winger . But his pace and ability to track back and helf the fullback makes him a reliable option .

AKBapologist
10-07-2012, 04:42 PM
He doesn't have much pace tbh.

sent from a fone

fakeyank
10-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Sources very close to RVP confirm that Robin wants to stay at Arsenal : he loves the club . His family is settled in London . He feels the fans really love him and he love them and enjoys that relationship . But he would like to get something close to the premier league top earners as this may be the last and most important contract of his career as he is approaching 30 . Something in the region of 160 to 180 grands . He would love also to see one or two good signings on top of Podolski and Giroud to convince him that the team will be much better next season .

Where is this from?

Bergkampwonderland10
10-07-2012, 05:56 PM
If he stays, great! Hopefully it's a wake up call to Wenger and the Board. They can't continue down this road and expect players to go along with it. We need something to wake them up and this is how it's done, fair enough.

I really hope that this is the case, but I would ask just how many wake-up calls are needed?
Not winning anything again last season
Cesc and Nasri leaving and apparently half the squad wanting out
The chants of ' You don't know what you're doing' at Wenger when he substituted the Ox v Man Utd...
Now Van Persie and Walcott wanting out and perhaps more of the squad again

Last year we spent 50million on transfers in
Mert - 10million
Arteta -10million
Santos - 6million
Benayoun - Free
Gervinho - 10million
The Ox - 15million

Transfers out approx 70million
Cesc - 38million
Nasri- 25million
Clichy - 7million

Loans for Bendtner, Vela, Arshavin, (all on massive wages)

Now by calculations for this season...bearing in mind wage bills and overheads, stadium debts
We will get a 30million windfall from CL football
We got 26million from property sales
Plus usual advertising revenues and others etc.

There should be a pretty healthy transfer kitty there(with some to save for a rainy day without CL football which is bound to happen soon the way we are going)...Particularly if we start to offload the likes of Vela, Bendtner,Fabianski and Chamakh for a fee and give away Arshavin, Park, Almunia, Squillacci, etc...to get them off the wage bill.

We should be looking to spend at the very least 40million before the transfer window ends.
Dempsey 6million is a good shout to get goals from midfield, can see him, Arteta and Song playing well together and will provide competition for Ramsey.
Begovic 5 million (solid keeper to push Sczeszny)
Tiote 18million or M'Vila 16million
Ben Arfa - 12million (could be the creative midfielder we so desperately need)

Bergkampwonderland10
10-07-2012, 06:06 PM
It would be great if he stayed for the sake of the team but I'd still feel a little indifferent towards him. Honestly if there's a chance of keeping him I would just bite the bullet and do it because I don't think we can replace what he brings to the table, we'd almost certainly be worse off if he left, unless we really push the boat out in the transfer market which is unlikely.

Yep we would be worse off. And to be honest I actually think Wenger will make him play out his contract. And if a meeting took place between them this week -I think Wenger will sit him down and tell him what an absolute back-stabbing statement it was to release and how badly advised his was by whoever wrote it. I have a suspicion that Van Persie is being taken advantage of in one way, used as a pawn by Usmanov and Dein and obviously this was easy to do because Arsenal haven't won anything in 8 years and have lacked ambition in their transfer policy. The timing of the Usmanov statement was just to suspect to think anything else. Van Persie and his agent basically did their dirty laundry and now our club looks to be at war...Wenger will hopefully point out the consequent damage this does to recruiting the 'star players' Van Persie and the rest of us so badly want. I hope Van Persie has a conscience and I hope Wenger plays on it to the max.

Cripps_orig
10-07-2012, 06:09 PM
It'll be no wake up call to Wenger or the board if RVP stays

They'll think they'll have convinced RVP to come round to their way of thinking and wont change a thing

Bergkampwonderland10
10-07-2012, 06:12 PM
It'll be no wake up call to Wenger or the board if RVP stays

They'll think they'll have convinced RVP to come round to their way of thinking and wont change a thing

Perhaps, but hopefully Van Persie will give them until the end of July to prove that they are serious about bringing in quality players and then decide.
It's possible to do a lot in 3 weeks...I wonder if we will ;(

Coney
10-07-2012, 06:53 PM
I've changed my mind because of the intelligent discussion over the last few pages. The fact that RvP was a good captain and was top scorer in the PL does not avoid the fact that he is not even good enough for Accrington Stanley.

Edinburgh Gooner
10-07-2012, 06:55 PM
what if wenger sits rvp down, tells him to stay for one more year but sign a new contract and he can be sold next summer if the offers come in that are worhwhile taking.

V-Pig
10-07-2012, 07:45 PM
I missed what's happened. Presumably there's been nothing of note in real life from either side but a shitload of speculation from sexually-frustrated journalists in the middle?

Keith
10-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Sky reported he was doing a Rooney, Sky put it on Skysports website, Sky removed it.

Syn
10-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Sky reported he was doing a Rooney, Sky put it on Skysports website, Sky removed it.

That would be a bit of a shock if that happened. Can't recall a single person on here saying Van Persie would do that.

Ollie the Optimist
10-07-2012, 09:18 PM
there are two reasons why i htink van persie will stay with us if he does.

1. is that he thought there was more interest in him then there was and its become a choice between staying with us or going to bogna united.
or
2. that wenger has sat him down and convinced him by revealing that we are close to or perhaps have signed some players, we as fans just dont know about that yet.

after thinking about it, those are the only two reasons, i cant see us offering a bigger contract then we already have.

Power n Glory
10-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Unfortunately for him, there aren't many top teams that are in desperate need for a striker. His best bet is to stay with us but if we aren't moving in the right direction, he might as well see out his contract and leave next summer.

Cripps_orig
10-07-2012, 11:41 PM
ALEX FERGUSON is in London today amid claims he is still pursuing Arsenal striker Robin van Persie.

The Manchester United boss will be among the guests at the Labour Party Sports Dinner this evening at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium.

And sources insist Fergie remains in the hunt for Van Persie after the Dutchman refused to extend his deal with the Gunners.

United’s rivals Manchester City are determined to step up their interest in last season’s double player of the year once they have finalised the £6million sale of Emmanuel Adebayor to Spurs.

Van Persie, however, is believed to be concerned about boss Roberto Mancini’s policy of rotating his strikers and possibly being a sub.

United do not want to be sucked into a tapping-up row like City and are reluctant to pay £30m for a 29-year-old.

But Fergie would love to pair him with Wayne Rooney to form a formidable partnership as he bids to take the title back to Old Trafford.

Whatever he decides, Van Persie wants his future to be sorted out before Arsenal leave for their Asia tour, which kicks off with a match against a Malaysia XI on July 24.

The Gunners are due to face City in Beijing on July 27.

United fly out to South Africa on Monday at the start of their own pre-season schedule — which also includes a stop in Shanghai, China.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4422450/Robin-van-Persie-in-Manchester-United-link.html

Hope its done by 24th as well

Kano
11-07-2012, 10:19 PM
so is his agent kees vos? what happened to darren dein?

Ollie the Optimist
11-07-2012, 10:26 PM
so is his agent kees vos? what happened to darren dein?

if im right, kees vos is his football agent and handles those matters, dein is his commercial agent, handling advertsing etc

Kano
11-07-2012, 10:29 PM
hmm, with dein senior sudden appearance on sky following the usmanov letter and the rvp statement it smells like a plan was put together.

Marc Overmars
11-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Fucking agents.

One thing I'll always respect Paul Scholes for is the fact he's never had one. No one to whisper in his ear about ££££ to be made, just entirely focused on his club and club only.

Ollie the Optimist
11-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Fucking agents.

One thing I'll always respect Paul Scholes for is the fact he's never had one. No one to whisper in his ear about ££££ to be made, just entirely focused on his club and club only.

i miss the days of tony adams

"ill sign any contract arsenal put in front of me without reading it"

loyal players :bow:

adams :bow:

Syn
11-07-2012, 10:53 PM
He was probably drunk when he said that.

Cripps_orig
11-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Dont forget Henry in summer 06

"This is the last contract i'll ever sign"

Loyal players :bow:

Henry :bow:

Power n Glory
12-07-2012, 09:08 AM
http://news.arseblog.com/2012/07/grimandi-were-doing-everything-to-keep-van-persie/

We want him to stay but he is left with one year contract so it’s complicated. Was the recruitment of Olivier Giroud made ​​to compensate for his departure? Yes, we work to avoid being cornered. But we do everything to keep him [Van Persie] and we want him to stay.

If there’s a great offer and if he wants to leave, it will be difficult to keep him.

As suspected, Giroud was a replacement, not an addition to the squad.

Kano
12-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Arsenal scout Gilles Grimandi has admitted striker Olivier Giroud is a direct replacement for want-away captain Robin van Persie.

The 28-year-old van Persie, who scored 30 English Premier League goals last season, last week announced his intention not to extend his deal with the north London club once it expires in mid-2013.

And former Arsenal defender Grimandi has now revealed that the capture of the former Montpellier forward was made with the Dutchman's future in mind.

Speaking to French website le10sport.com, Grimandi said: "Was the recruitment of Giroud made to compensate for his (van Persie's) departure? Yes, we worked to avoid being cornered.

"We want him to stay home but he is left with one year on his contract so it is complicated.

"At Arsenal, there is a healthy atmosphere, he's been here for eight years and he has a real commitment to the club."

Grimandi also said the former Feyenoord striker, who joined the club for 2.75 million pounds in 2004, has his price.

"If there is a great offer and if he wants to leave, it will be difficult to keep him," Grimandi said.

"I would never have thought that players such as Thiago Silva could be transferable and that was the case at a time. There are parameters you cannot handle."
could also be revisionist to cover their ass

Power n Glory
12-07-2012, 09:26 AM
could also be revisionist to cover their ass

I doubt it because we were linked to Giroud and signed him after RVP told the club he wouldn't sign a new deal with us. There was no need to sign him after we had already signed Polodski who could act as cover for RVP if he got injured.

Kano
12-07-2012, 09:30 AM
i thought there was every need, given the lack of real options beyond rvp and podolski - who knows

Power n Glory
12-07-2012, 09:37 AM
When we signed Giroud, quite a few posters were questioning where he'd play because he's a central striker and £10m plus for a guy of his age to sit on the bench is highly unlikely. We've now got our answer.

GP
12-07-2012, 09:40 AM
i thought there was every need, given the lack of real options beyond rvp and podolski - who knows

Exactly, without any doubt he was an addition.

Flavs
12-07-2012, 09:40 AM
God have we not sold this twat yet

Power n Glory
12-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Exactly, without any doubt he was an addition.

You guys are unbelievable. Our head scout has just confirmed what was suspected to the press and you guys still won't believe it. :lol:

Kano
12-07-2012, 09:56 AM
multi million pound company in pr shock - who would've thought

Cripps_orig
12-07-2012, 09:58 AM
You guys are unbelievable. Our head scout has just confirmed what was suspected to the press and you guys still won't believe it. :lol:

Are you new here?

We signed 2 strikers this summer. 2 first team strikers as well. £10m+ for both of them. Thats practically unheard of at our club.

The club knew RVP was going long before he made that statement.

Power n Glory
12-07-2012, 10:01 AM
multi million pound company in pr shock - who would've thought

You can talk about PR all you like, but in football terms, he looks like an RVP replacement. His position as a central striker shows that, the timing of the deal shows it our past history with signings and the fact that our head scout has now confirmed what was suspected.

Where did you think he was going to play? Would we really keep a guy worth that much on the bench?

Kano
12-07-2012, 10:08 AM
oh i see - only your theories that contradict official arsenal.com statements mean anything? noted for next time...

podolski preferred position is central - he is the main guy now so will take that spot. wenger likes pace out wide, except for games when he wants to pack the midfield so he stuck yossi or ramsey who could pull back into the centre, usually away from home.

giroud would get his chances given the fact that everyone knows rvp would not have played a season like last with so many games.

wenger has changed his approach, as you have noted over the past season, so stronger options from the bench are included in that.

Power n Glory
12-07-2012, 10:15 AM
oh i see - only your theories that contradict official arsenal.com statements mean anything? noted for next time...

podolski preferred position is central - he is the main guy now so will take that spot. wenger likes pace out wide, except for games when he wants to pack the midfield so he stuck yossi or ramsey who could pull back into the centre, usually away from home.

giroud would get his chances given the fact that everyone knows rvp would not have played a season like last with so many games.

wenger has changed his approach, as you have noted over the past season, so stronger options from the bench are included in that.

You make note, Terry. Because I remember this time last season where we were talking about the Nasri contract situation, you were carrying on in this same way. Very dismissive. We're in the same situation with RVP's contract talks and you're repeating the same things I said about the Nasri situation. Why didn't we act sooner because we knew this was on the cards.

Also, this isn't my theory. Our head scout has come out and said Giroud is part of our back up plan for RVP. You're saying it's a PR exercise. That's a theory. Time will soon tell. If we sell RVP and don't sign a new striker then we'll know for sure.

LDG
12-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Are you new here?

We signed 2 strikers this summer. 2 first team strikers as well. £10m+ for both of them. Thats practically unheard of at our club.

The club knew RVP was going long before he made that statement.

Yes and no. I mean, they would have known there was a distinct possibility, and in all likelihood, the gag on RVP was until Giroud had signed.

Though, I do think they hoped he may change his mind.

As it is, he effectively burnt all his bridges with the statement (which I thought was a pretty low blow for someone of his percieved good character).

And as far as the club go, it also shows that we're not as willing as some might want us to be, to keep him. We keep saying, he's getting on a bit, and if he wants a four year deal for big bucks, it seems ridiculous to pay him over the odds if he is likely to get less and less playing time in two years time.

It's forward planning by the club. Which we should actually be happy about, rather than moaning about it.

Doesn't mean that we don't need further options up top though, so lets just hope that all of it is sorted as quickly as possible.

Kano
12-07-2012, 10:21 AM
You make note, Terry. Because I remember this time last season where we were talking about the Nasri contract situation, you were carrying on in this same way. Very dismissive. We're in the same situation with RVP's contract talks and you're repeating the same things I said about the Nasri situation. Why didn't we act sooner because we knew this was on the cards.

Also, this isn't my theory. Our head scout has come out and said Giroud is part of our back up plan for RVP. You're saying it's a PR exercise. That's a theory. Time will soon tell. If we sell RVP and don't sign a new striker then we'll know for sure.

i was dismissive about what exactly?

no this isn't your theory but you have others that contradict the club. the phw one springs to mind first.

i would imagine theo will be called into the centre now as a sweetener to sign on

LDG
12-07-2012, 10:26 AM
i would imagine theo will be called into the centre now as a sweetener to sign on

Can you elaborate on that...soz, being thick.

Do you mean they'll sweeten the deal for the fans? i.e. pay him bigger so he'll stay and we'll be happy??

Flavs
12-07-2012, 10:30 AM

Do you mean they'll sweeten the deal for the fans? i.e. pay him bigger so he'll stay and we'll be happy??

No he means play him as a centre forward

Kano
12-07-2012, 10:31 AM

he wants to play in the middle, so make it an incentive to sign a new contract so he can finally play where he really wants.

LDG
12-07-2012, 10:32 AM
:good:

and also :ilt:

Power n Glory
12-07-2012, 10:34 AM
i was dismissive about what exactly?

no this isn't your theory but you have others that contradict the club. the phw one springs to mind first.

If I could pull up the Nasri thread, I would. But you know the position you held over the Nasri contract talks was different to how you feel the club has handled the RVP situation.

The PHW statement is separate matter. And it's funny how you mention PR talk and then point to the official website as gospel.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-07-2012, 10:35 AM
I dont think anyone saying they knew Giourd was Robin's replacement can claim to be touched by the hand of God nor those saying he was an addition are blinkered morons!

I for one hoped that RvP stayed as I bet those saying adfition did too but now I just want this gotton over with as I imagine every fan does.

I certainly believe there is some weight behind the argument that Wumger had drawn a line as to how much of an effort we put in to keeping RvP and I believe he may be write. Yes look to keep him but not for silly money, I would not like him to go to Citeh, or Utd but is Dzeko and 15 mil such a bad deal as O read on one of the more gossipy websites yesterday.

Dzeko may be central like Giourd so theres that question mark and I dont think he is as bad as a lot make out, given a regular place tjos guy can score!

LDG
12-07-2012, 10:38 AM
If we replace him, I would rather it be with a creative "behind the striker" player, tbh. Arshavin, if you will....but less lazy.

Kano
12-07-2012, 10:40 AM
The PHW statement is separate matter. And it's funny how you mention PR talk and then point to the official website as gospel.

i said a lot about nasri - i can't remember the point you are talking about.

talking with you is confusing at times. grimandi says giroud is a replacement for rvp - based on that you say because it came from someone in the club (ie the official website) then it must be true.

I am saying that just because it comes from the mouth of someone in the club, does not make it gospel truth.

somehow you've managed to turn a simple one liner on its head and reversed our original start points. well played.

Cripps_orig
12-07-2012, 10:42 AM
http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=261&page=7&highlight=nasri

Nasri thread

Im bored

Grebbo
12-07-2012, 10:53 AM
There is no way Arsene would have signed Podolski and Giroud if he thought RVP was staying. 15yrs of transfer history proves this.

Power n Glory
12-07-2012, 10:56 AM
i said a lot about nasri - i can't remember the point you are talking about.

talking with you is confusing at times. grimandi says giroud is a replacement for rvp - based on that you say because it came from someone in the club (ie the official website) then it must be true.

I am saying that just because it comes from the mouth of someone in the club, does not make it gospel truth.

somehow you've managed to turn a simple one liner on its head and reversed our original start points. well played.

Around about page 19 we're talking about the wage structure, whose involved with contract talks....etc.

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...ighlight=nasri

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-07-2012, 11:07 AM
the funniest part is some of you thinking wenger is still going to sign another striker on top of what we already have. absolutely no chance.

if rvp goes, giroud is main striker and podolski back up. theo will also get more game time up top.

if rvp stays then we have 2 strikers (him and giroud) battling for 1 position. podolski gets less game time up top. in fact i doubt he'll even feature as a striker. theo also stays on the wing.

GP
12-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Meanwhile, in the Man City boardroom...

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1444385_o.gif

LDG
12-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Meanwhile, in the Man City boardroom...

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1444385_o.gif

I didn't know Nasri could sing :o

Kano
12-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Around about page 19 we're talking about the wage structure, whose involved with contract talks....etc.

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...ighlight=nasri

that link doesn't work

Power n Glory
12-07-2012, 12:20 PM

Nasri thread

Im bored

Follow this one.

Kano
12-07-2012, 12:21 PM
you want to point out to me my previous arguments - you do the leg work matey!

Power n Glory
12-07-2012, 12:28 PM
you want to point out to me my previous arguments - you do the leg work matey!

:lol: From page 19 onwards. I haven't got time to repost everything. It goes on for a few pages. It's not as if you can't read.

Fist of Lehmann
12-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Yes and no. I mean, they would have known there was a distinct possibility, and in all likelihood, the gag on RVP was until Giroud had signed.

Though, I do think they hoped he may change his mind.

As it is, he effectively burnt all his bridges with the statement (which I thought was a pretty low blow for someone of his percieved good character).

And as far as the club go, it also shows that we're not as willing as some might want us to be, to keep him. We keep saying, he's getting on a bit, and if he wants a four year deal for big bucks, it seems ridiculous to pay him over the odds if he is likely to get less and less playing time in two years time.

It's forward planning by the club. Which we should actually be happy about, rather than moaning about it.

Doesn't mean that we don't need further options up top though, so lets just hope that all of it is sorted as quickly as possible.
This. Pretty much encapsulates how I view the situation.

If this was a replacement signing, and everyone was aware he was leaving, then I don't see the point of his released statement, or rather the tone of it. Rocking the boat would have been redundant and counterproductive and I suspect something happened during the 'crunch' talks.

It would be truly bizarre if the only forward we didn't sell this summer was Park.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-07-2012, 01:19 PM
:lol: From page 19 onwards. I haven't got time to repost everything. It goes on for a few pages. It's not as if you can't read.

Jeez does it really matter?

LDG
12-07-2012, 01:20 PM

Yes :angry:

Nobdy can win the internet without facts :angry:

Japan Shaking All Over
12-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Yes :angry:

Nobdy can win the internet without facts :angry:

Suppose you can call that a purpose! ?

Power n Glory
12-07-2012, 01:44 PM

You tell me. Same points we discussed a year ago are creeping up again in this thread. For example, we now know that Wenger is involved with the contract talks and it's not just Gazidis calling the shots.

RVP stalled on his previous contract and played the Henry 'sporting ambition' line before. In his recent statement, he did say that he's had past disagreements with the way we're moving forwards as a club.

Reading the statement in full, I see nothing wrong with the tone at all.

This is an update for the fans about my current situation. I have kept quiet all this time out of respect and loyalty for the club and as agreed with Mr. Gazidis and Mr. Wenger, but since there is so much speculation in the media, I think it is fair for you guys to know what’s really going on at the moment.

As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the Boss and Mr. Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club’s future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days. Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.

I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.

I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal FC. Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch. I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last 8 years. As soon as Mr. Gazidis is back from his 2-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments.

Robin van Persie

Ollie the Optimist
12-07-2012, 02:14 PM
You tell me. Same points we discussed a year ago are creeping up again in this thread. For example, we now know that Wenger is involved with the contract talks and it's not just Gazidis calling the shots.

RVP stalled on his previous contract and played the Henry 'sporting ambition' line before. In his recent statement, he did say that he's had past disagreements with the way we're moving forwards as a club.

except this bit
I have kept quiet all this time out of respect and loyalty for the club

im loyal and respect the club but in this statement i shall shaft the club to the maximum

Power n Glory
12-07-2012, 02:22 PM

Nasri thread

Im bored

except this bit

im loyal and respect the club but in this statement i shall shaft the club to the maximum

But he also mentions the media speculation and makes it clear that terms for his contract haven't been discussed. When the Cesc saga was happening, everyone was asking why Cesc hasn't made a statement. RVP did the reverse but it's not the news the fans want to hear.

Xhaka Can’t
12-07-2012, 06:20 PM

GP is more than one guy?

Power n Glory
12-07-2012, 06:40 PM
GP is more than one guy?

Terry included.

Xhaka Can’t
12-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Terry included.

I was just being a smartass.

Soz.

Power n Glory
13-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Ibrahimovic is off to PSG, Tevez could be off to Milan...does that make room for RVP to go to City?

Flavs
13-07-2012, 11:31 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18827137

Well Spurs and Citeh have agreed a fee for Adebayor so probably.

They still need rid of Roque Santa Cruz as well

Ollie the Optimist
13-07-2012, 12:05 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18827137

Well Spurs and Citeh have agreed a fee for Adebayor so probably.

They still need rid of Roque Santa Cruz as well

Adebayor, Adebayor
We sold him for £25 million
Now he's worth four...

Syn
13-07-2012, 12:11 PM
That's the one (and only) good thing about the spuds becoming a credible threat. The top teams will stop giving them freebies on loan.

Fist of Lehmann
13-07-2012, 01:45 PM
How can they afford his wages though? Isn't he on 180k?

Unless Shitty gave him a massive signing off fee.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Yeah these days players dont take pay cuts in return for first team football

Chamakh :fury:

Kano
13-07-2012, 02:23 PM
How can they afford his wages though? Isn't he on 180k?

Unless Shitty gave him a massive signing off fee.

cut his basic and gave him a big signing on fee.

Fist of Lehmann
13-07-2012, 02:48 PM
With the fee undiclosed I suspect he and his agent were paid off pretty handsomely.

A man's gotta prepare for his retirement tbh.

Keith
13-07-2012, 04:55 PM
He is a good buy at 6m tbf

fakeyank
13-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Shouldve got him. A C*nt (RVP) for a C*nt (Ade) swap + 15 million

Master Splinter
13-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Shouldve got him. A C*nt (RVP) for a C*nt (Ade) swap + 15 million

Didn't work with Cashley and Capi, tbf.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-07-2012, 04:51 PM
How come RVP hasn't had a Twitter update for the fans since his update for the fans?

He was shockingly fairly active on Twitter before that.

Syn
15-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Not sure he has any fans left to update.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Tottenham supporters?

GP
15-07-2012, 06:02 PM
How come RVP hasn't had a Twitter update for the fans since his update for the fans?

He was shockingly fairly active on Twitter before that.

He's too busy counting his money.

Ollie the Optimist
16-07-2012, 11:17 AM

i mentioned something on this the other day, but reading this again, i want to know what you think about hte tone being ok etc even though he has lied in his statement. we know for a fact that gazadias wasnt on holiday, he was even at the emirates two days after teh statement was released yet it was rvp who was on holiday.

is the tone still ok even though the club captain lied?

I_Killed_Kenny
16-07-2012, 11:20 AM
its all been a bit messy, bad advise me finks but this is the week that things should get sorted. SKy say he is back at the arsenal so no excuses not to speak and make a decision, either way!

Ollie the Optimist
16-07-2012, 11:28 AM
At least Van Persie is not the sort of player who would be unprofessional and cause problems within the group.

that is from ian wrights article in the sun today.

now surely he has already been unprofessional by basically saying that his team mates arent good enough to be in the same team as him etc etc in his statement.
yes i accept that on the pitch, he will do his best and not be selfish by not passing because he doesnt like them etc but has he not already been unprofessional and perhaps already casued problems within the group?

GP
16-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Ian Wright talks shit.

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Power n Glory
16-07-2012, 11:55 AM
i mentioned something on this the other day, but reading this again, i want to know what you think about hte tone being ok etc even though he has lied in his statement. we know for a fact that gazadias wasnt on holiday, he was even at the emirates two days after teh statement was released yet it was rvp who was on holiday.

There is nothing wrong with the tone and maybe someone wrongly told RVP that Gazidis was on holiday. It can happen. I'm sure I saw a story on here saying he was on holiday as well and people were slating him. What you're talking about has nothing to do with tone.

The players can't win in this sort of situation. Theo hasn't made a statement about his future with us but already there is talk about him wanting £100k a week and all sorts of speculation. If he stays silent and speculation continues about wage demands, he'll get labelled a mercenary. Cesc held his tongue throughout the Barca situation, players were speaking for him, he got slated for it and people were saying he should 'man up' and speak for himself. People will pick holes out of whatever scenario.

Coney
16-07-2012, 12:38 PM

If the players or manager lie to avoid the media picking on something, I have no problem with that. Lie and lie again, as far as I am concerned.

Giving any excuse for not indicating the state of play to the media is fine. They can fuck off and wait for the issue to be sorted out. Media scumbags/****s. Bollocks to them.

Fist of Lehmann
16-07-2012, 01:36 PM
I'll admit, when I first read the statement in full I didn't see anything wrong with it either.
It was only until I examined it bit further, and read between the lines that you get what this is really about.

This is a statement released under the auspices of 'letting the fans know'.

Let's not kid ourselves here, the fans are last on Van Persies list of priorities, if they figure at all.

And there is nothing wrong with that. After all, fan adulation is a nice-to-have but in Van Persie's position, trying to negotiate the last big contract of his career and at the peak of his marketability? He is in a great position to dictate his next, potentially final, 4 years at the top. He'd be a fool not to have his priorities straight.

That is why, while ostensibly a message to the fans, this is in fact a message to the board. And I can only assume this was precipitated by either the club refusing to sell him now, or refusing to sell him to the club of his choice.

I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days. Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.

Note the phraseology. Two 'Yes, but' sentences in row. A structure commonly associated with giving the appearance of validation, but in fact hiding a veiled criticism. A verbal bait-and-switch.

In essense:
Personally I did great, but I can't carry the team.
I respect you guys too much to criticise, but Christ Almighty are you doing it wrong.

That is clearly the allusion here, that the philosphical differences are so great that he can't continue here. Here, at the club he alledgedly supported as a boy in Rotterdam.

Most companies have a policy about public criticism, Arsenal especially like to keep things in-house. Rvp is club captain, someone with a huge media profile. This subtle but pointed statement about his untenable position, was issued for one reason only - to make sure he gets what he wants.

IBK
16-07-2012, 08:20 PM
I'll admit, when I first read the statement in full I didn't see anything wrong with it either.
It was only until I examined it bit further, and read between the lines that you get what this is really about.

Let's not kid ourselves here, the fans are last on Van Persies list of priorities, if they figure at all.

And there is nothing wrong with that. After all, fan adulation is a nice-to-have but in Van Persie's position, trying to negotiate the last big contract of his career and at the peak of his marketability? He is in a great position to dictate his next, potentially final, 4 years at the top. He'd be a fool not to have his priorities straight.

That is why, while ostensibly a message to the fans, this is in fact a message to the board. And I can only assume this was precipitated by either the club refusing to sell him now, or refusing to sell him to the club of his choice.

Note the phraseology. Two 'Yes, but' sentences in row. A structure commonly associated with giving the appearance of validation, but in fact hiding a veiled criticism. A verbal bait-and-switch.

In essense:
I respect you guys too much to criticise, but Christ Almighty are you doing it wrong.

That is clearly the allusion here, that the philosphical differences are so great that he can't continue here. Here, at the club he alledgedly supported as a boy in Rotterdam.

Most companies have a policy about public criticism, Arsenal especially like to keep things in-house. Rvp is club captain, someone with a huge media profile. This subtle but pointed statement about his untenable position, was issued for one reason only - to make sure he gets what he wants.

What a great post. Thanks for this.

Power n Glory
16-07-2012, 10:07 PM

In essense:

We like to keep things in house but we didn't in regards to RVP's case. Look back on the statements from the club and you'll see the same subtle hints from the club and then you should ask the same thing. Whose the message for and what's the intent behind it.

Letters
16-07-2012, 10:18 PM
What subtle hints?

Ollie the Optimist
16-07-2012, 10:26 PM
What subtle hints?

if anything they werent subtle. we want robin to stay, we will do our best to make him stay, we wont pay him silly money.

pretty clear non?

Power n Glory
16-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Yeah, yeah....you guys are going to say the club haven't said anything untrue and the same applies to RVP.

I also find it funny that nobody even seems concerned about what was said in the meeting between Gaz, Wenger and RVP. That's probably the most important thing here. It's obvious he cares about the club so what was said in the meeting that made him want to give up?

Letters
16-07-2012, 10:54 PM
I also find it funny that nobody even seems concerned about what was said in the meeting between Gaz, Wenger and RVP. That's probably the most important thing here. It's obvious he cares about the club so what was said in the meeting that made him want to give up?
Excellent question. We'll never know of course.

I'm interested to know what you meant above by 'subtle hints'

Power n Glory
16-07-2012, 11:03 PM

I'm interested to know what you meant above by 'subtle hints'

I've written a post on this before in this thread. PHW Had that article where he talked about players showing loyalty and linked RVP to Man City when he spoke or their wages, Wenger said we've been good to RVP in good and bad times and also mentioned that he's had opportunities to leave Arsenal for more money but has stayed....all true but it's not keeping things in house especially when RVP is unable to speak to the press and hasn't leaked any stories out to them.

I've posted up one or two interviews on this thread. You may have to go back a few pages.

Letters
17-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Fair enough :good:

Japan Shaking All Over
17-07-2012, 09:27 AM
http://justarsenal.com/van-persie-wants-quick-resolution-to-arsenal-exit-and-prefers-juventus/14741

This article has RvP at training but wanting his future sorted out before we fly out on Saturday, with Juve as being a likely destination. It also poses the questiom as to whether we should play hard ball a la nasbo and look for max £ most likely Citeh in that case.

It doesn't matter who offended who or who broke unwritten rules, RvP is history and its time to move on with what we have.

I read somewhere that Juve were coming back with an improved offer 15-16 mil and we ight be wise to take that and invest it back in the team

Carrol going to Barcodes will make Ba available and it may be wise going for him, get MVila and a AM, Dempsey cheap experienced - I would say that be a good summer and I do think we need back up GK and FB but may not have enough wonga

Xhaka Can’t
17-07-2012, 09:35 AM
I really don't care how much we get for him because it isn't as if it will be reinvested in obtaining top quality for the team. The best result for us as fans is for Van Persie to piss off to Juve. Screw playing hardball with City, I'm sick and embarrassed as a fan that we have turned into their feeder club while yapping about how obscene they are with their oil money.

GP
17-07-2012, 10:09 AM

Something along the lines of 'No, we won't pay you £250k a week' I'd imagine.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-07-2012, 10:13 AM
And that he wasn't allowed to sign the players he wants.

LDG
17-07-2012, 10:18 AM
And that he wasn't allowed to sign the players he wants.

Who does he think he is. John Fucking Terry!?!

McNamara That Ghost...
17-07-2012, 10:20 AM
He must have noted how successful it was last season.

LDG
17-07-2012, 10:24 AM
He must have noted how successful it was last season.

No reason to call Wenger a Smelly Garlicy French **** though.

IBK
17-07-2012, 10:28 AM
http://justarsenal.com/van-persie-wants-quick-resolution-to-arsenal-exit-and-prefers-juventus/14741

This article has RvP at training but wanting his future sorted out before we fly out on Saturday, with Juve as being a likely destination. It also poses the questiom as to whether we should play hard ball a la nasbo and look for max £ most likely Citeh in that case.

It doesn't matter who offended who or who broke unwritten rules, RvP is history and its time to move on with what we have.

I read somewhere that Juve were coming back with an improved offer 15-16 mil and we ight be wise to take that and invest it back in the team

Carrol going to Barcodes will make Ba available and it may be wise going for him, get MVila and a AM, Dempsey cheap experienced - I would say that be a good summer and I do think we need back up GK and FB but may not have enough wonga

I agree with everything you say. No way should RVP go to Citeh. It not only strengthens a direct rival, but it says to players that we might not be able to prevent them leaving, but we will damn well decide their destinantion if there is any power for us to do so. RVP is gone - if he wants out for trophies, then he can fuck off to Italy...or he can hand in a transfer request and lose a shed load of money...or rot in the reserves for his final year, therefore lowering his value. There is pressure that the club can bring to bear on this one.

And I was only thinking last night that we should bid for Demba Ba. A Wenger type player if ever there was one, and the fact that Pardew is even considering taking Carroll back speaks volumes about what Ba has said to him.

Kano
17-07-2012, 10:49 AM
i would much prefer rvp to go to city for two reasons - firstly he would either not be playing every week in his preferred position or would have to play on a rotational basis.

secondly, city are not rivals or direct competitors.

IBK
17-07-2012, 11:54 AM
i would much prefer rvp to go to city for two reasons - firstly he would either not be playing every week in his preferred position or would have to play on a rotational basis.

Strange logic. RVP + Citeh = stronger Citeh more able to take points off us and attract even more of our players. Not so Juve.

Kano
17-07-2012, 12:01 PM
RVP playing out of position hardly makes them significantly stronger plus his lack of progression would be funny.

and let's not kid ourselves, man city can and will pick up our best players whenever they want.

city will stay above us for quite some time, so let's worry about the spurs and liverpools of the world.

Coney
17-07-2012, 12:57 PM

I'll say the same as I did when they bought Nasri last year. If RvP goes, we lose a good striker. If he does not go to Citeh, they will just buy a different good striker. Either way, Citeh get a good striker, we lose one. From our perspective, it doesn't matter which way.

Fist of Lehmann
17-07-2012, 01:11 PM
We like to keep things in house but we didn't in regards to RVP's case. Look back on the statements from the club and you'll see the same subtle hints from the club and then you should ask the same thing. Whose the message for and what's the intent behind it.

I could ask that, but I'm not writing War and bloody Peace.

The point of that paragraph was this: companies don't like their employees talking publically in a negative way.

Choosing to step publically out of line like this is sybolic, a signal of intent that he is no longer unwilling to adhere to the contraints of his contract or it's code of conduct.

If you want to condemn or condone the club's handling of this situation and it's own conduct, go right ahead.

I haven't touched on that at all.

LDG
17-07-2012, 01:56 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s480x480/552612_10150968593723580_1094442720_n.jpg

Spot how many players won't be with us this season!

Xhaka Can’t
17-07-2012, 01:58 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s480x480/552612_10150968593723580_1094442720_n.jpg

Brilliant!

It would be quicker counting those that will!

LDG
17-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Well, that's bender in the background with his head turned. RVP and Arshavin. All gone.

Gibbs and Song to stay. I'm assuming that's Vermaelen bending ready to receive from RVP...and there's a pair of legs I can't has at a guess, without being a bit John Terry.

Power n Glory
17-07-2012, 02:07 PM
RVP really needs to get the 'Just for Men' in before his contract talks with Gaz and Wenger. He knows how they feel about players ageing.

Xhaka Can’t
17-07-2012, 02:10 PM

Arshavin has been photoshopped into that.

His pic was obviously taken while concentrating on the KFC menuboard.

Syn
17-07-2012, 02:21 PM
:whacky:

Arsenal Royal
17-07-2012, 02:28 PM
wishful thinking #1: RVP signs a new contract.
wishful thinking #2: We sell RVP to Citeh and get Dzeko.

Power n Glory
17-07-2012, 02:39 PM
:whacky:

Would love to see Arshavin play the main playmaker role behind the main striker with Song and Wilshere/Arteta sitting behind him.

Arsenal Royal
17-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Would love to see Arshavin play the main playmaker role behind the main striker with Song and Wilshere/Arteta sitting behind him.

I've heard he can last 10 minutes. :coffee:

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2012, 06:19 PM
I've heard he can last 10 minutes. :coffee:

wish i could

LDG
17-07-2012, 07:13 PM
:haha:

Cripps_orig
17-07-2012, 08:41 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/17/3247893/kuyt-van-persie-told-me-he-wants-to-play-for-fenerbahce-one

RVP to Fenerbahce

Power n Glory
18-07-2012, 07:40 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7908857/Arsenal-receive-RVP-offers-

Sky Sports understands Arsenal have received a number of offers for captain Robin van Persie following his decision not to extend his stay with the club.

The Holland international confirmed earlier this month that he would not sign fresh terms at Emirates Stadium, with his current contract having just 12 months left to run.

The Gunners have been left in the unenviable position of having to cash in on Van Persie this summer, or allow their star striker to walk away for nothing at the end of the season.

Manchester City, Manchester United and Juventus have all been strongly linked with the former Feyenoord player, who made the move to North London in May 2004.

Concerns

Van Persie topped the Premier League scoring charts last term, netting an impressive 30 times as he helped Arsene Wenger's side finish third in the table.

The Dutchman returned to training on Monday for further discussions with Wenger and chief executive Ivan Gazidis having previously outlined his concerns over the club's future direction.

The 28-year-old fears that the club will not be able to challenge for major honours if they continue to adopt the transfer policy and wage structure of recent years following their move to the Emirates.

It now remains to be seen how Arsenal respond to the offers they have received for a player who already has a number of suitors vying for his services.

Wenger may owe a journalist a chocolate bar if RVP moves to Juve. It is an inferior league, but maybe the slower pace will suite RVP and prolong his career?

KSE Comedy Club
18-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Who cares.

Juve would be the best option for us if he dont wanna stay.

Just fuck him off asap if thats the case.

Bored of it all now.

Power n Glory
18-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Maybe you should avoid this thread.

KSE Comedy Club
18-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Why?

I dont give a fuck about RVP, I support Arsenal not 1 player.

If he dont want to stay then I have no obligation to worry about the possibility of him prolonging his career.

LDG
18-07-2012, 08:38 AM
I think he meant, if you're bored of it, you should avoid this thread.

:shrug:

In any case. I agree, get this thing done and kick the **** out of the door.

KSE Comedy Club
18-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Yeh fair enough.

Cripps_orig
18-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Apparently we've told the **** he's not leaving this summer.

Expect him to be sold on Aug 31st for £5m

Ollie the Optimist
18-07-2012, 10:56 AM
for once im pleased with that. why should this **** dictate to us what he wants and what he will do.

Syn
18-07-2012, 11:03 AM
:popcorn:

McNamara That Ghost...
18-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Get a new phone Syn FFS.

Xhaka Can’t
18-07-2012, 11:09 AM
If he is to be staying fir the remainder of his contract we will be dealing with untold speculation right up until the transfer window closes.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-07-2012, 01:51 PM
I say get rid, take whatever Juve are offering this time and bring in another. . .
to be fair I am quite excited to see how we shape up and who we bring in. . .sure a fit (that is the key) RvP who wants to play for us (another key) would be awesome to see with the new guys. . , but why suffer a season of knowing he is off come season end. . ,saying that I doubt whether the interest in him will ever be as high

fakeyank
18-07-2012, 02:09 PM
If he stays, I can see his broken ass getting injured by September

Xhaka Can’t
18-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Is that a threat?

fakeyank
18-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Yes it is!

GP
18-07-2012, 05:35 PM
You're going to injure his ass?

:sick:

KSE Comedy Club
18-07-2012, 05:37 PM
He's going to get literally raped there.

Özil's Panoramic View
18-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Twitter blowing up with a rumour that Rvp has signed a 2 year deal @ the Emirates

LDG
18-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Twitter blowing up with a rumour that Rvp has signed a 2 year deal @ the Emirates

Hopefully true.

Twitter blowing up I mean.

GP
18-07-2012, 08:04 PM

The source?

None other than...

Boris Becker

:doh:

Xhaka Can’t
18-07-2012, 08:05 PM

With who?

GP
18-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Twitter blowing up with a rumour that Rvp has signed a 2 year deal

Yep

600 mins, unltd texts.

Xhaka Can’t
18-07-2012, 08:15 PM
It's on the BBC ticker now.

V-Pig
18-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Is that the sound of someone pouring buckets of ice water onto a roaring bridge-fire?

McNamara That Ghost...
18-07-2012, 08:54 PM
http://news.arseblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/trollface2.jpg

Edinburgh Gooner
18-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Nowt on BBC website, but if true, hopefully it is to maximise our position in selling him on tbf.

GP
18-07-2012, 10:35 PM
In case anyone missed it, the source of this particular rumour is Boris Becker.

If anyone has the inside line, it'll be him.

Özil's Panoramic View
18-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Hopefully true.

Twitter blowing up I mean.

Ernesto
19-07-2012, 08:28 AM
The idea of van Persie joining Manchester United (if the tabloids this morning are anything to go by) makes me physically sick.

LDG
19-07-2012, 08:29 AM
:facejoke:

Grebbo
19-07-2012, 08:33 AM
In case anyone missed it, the source of this particular rumour is Boris Becker.

If anyone has the inside line, it'll be him.

Boris Becker's cousin is related to Bees Vos who's Kees Vos' Dad who's van Persie's agent....

Supposedly.

LDG
19-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Boris Becker's cousin is related to Bees Vos who's Kees Vos' Dad who's van Persie's agent....

Supposedly.

Vos that got to do with anything.

Letters
19-07-2012, 08:38 AM
You dropped this: :getcoat:

GP
19-07-2012, 08:38 AM

Supposedly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZd_YyFzPD0

LDG
19-07-2012, 08:41 AM
You dropped this: :getcoat:

I actually did make myself Lol there. Proper office giggles :lol:

But yes.

:getcoat:

Flavs
19-07-2012, 08:49 AM
bejesus have we still not sold this muppet??

Ernesto
19-07-2012, 09:36 AM
bejesus have we still not sold this muppet??

The question is- who to? Only the two Manchester clubs seem remotely interested, and they'd probably be the only ones willing to pay £20mil+. Do we sell to a club in the same league, strengthening them and considerably weakening our own team at the same time?

The flip side of the join is a team abroad (Juventus). However, they're looking to cash in on the fact that van Persie only has a year left on his deal and therefore Arsenal must accept a cut price (in the region of £8mil) in a take-it-or-leave-it type deal.

Flavs
19-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Swap him for Andy Carroll ffs

Cripps_orig
19-07-2012, 08:59 PM
AC have joined the race as they want RVP to replace Zlatan

KSE Comedy Club
19-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Bidding war!!

Joker
20-07-2012, 11:47 AM
SSN Sources: RVP definitely not going on our Far East tour, and it is his decision not to travel.

Flavs
20-07-2012, 11:49 AM
AC have joined the race as they want RVP to replace Zlatan

Been waiting for that. If i was Wenger i would refuse to sell him to either manc team and get the I-talians bidding war going on.

Flavs
20-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Just out of interest how much would you take for him as a minimum?

Syn
20-07-2012, 11:55 AM
I wouldn't sell him. Unless a really stupid offer came in.

According to BBC, we have rejected a bid from Man Utd and so far 3 teams have made a bid (thought to be man city, man utd and juventus). If he really has refused to go to Asia as Sky and BBC are saying them I would definitely keep him here. We just can't keep getting bullied like this. He has a year left and he should be forced to see it through.

Power n Glory
20-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Reports saying we want £30m. :lol: Not gonna happen. Take £10 -£15m from Manure and take Berbatov.

But if RVP is refusing to train....that's something to be pissed off about. Somebody needs to tell him what time it and that he's still under contract. We don't have to sell him and he needs reminding of whose in charge.

Flavs
20-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Oh i am with you, stick him in the reserves and tell him to fuck himself for season, wouldn't give him a squad number and would remove him from all marketing or communications tools.

But there must be a tipping point...i think £20mil would do it. That's money back for Giroud and the Pod

Özil's Panoramic View
20-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Sport Trend on Twitter reporting that a failed agreement between Arsenal and RvP, has resulted in Arsenal telling Kees Vos that RvP won't be sold to an EPL club and only a club that meets the £25 mil asking price. Sport Trend also repoted that the club maintains that RvP might be forced to see out his contract.

Seems he just might be joining the rest of geriatrics, for free, over in Serie A for the 2013/14 season.

Cripps_orig
20-07-2012, 12:21 PM
£15m minimum

Wont get anywhere near that.

We wont keep him either. The fans have turned against the **** and i know someone will say if he scores a couple, we'll be back onside with him. Bendtner has scored more than a couple and the crowd have never favoured him. Likewise Chamakh. Its only the clueless and the gullible who will love RVP again

GP
20-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Sport Trend on Twitter reporting that a failed agreement between Arsenal and RvP, has resulted in Arsenal telling Kees Vos that RvP won't be sold to an EPL club and only a club that meets the £25 mil asking price. Sport Trend also repoted that the club maintains that RvP might be forced to see out his contract.

Seems he just might be joining the rest of geriatrics, for free, over in Serie A for the 2013/14 season.

Vos it got to do with him?

Özil's Panoramic View
20-07-2012, 12:31 PM
I think we should keep the **** till his contract expires, strip him of captaincy while @ it and make his arse keep the bench polished. A few starts here and there and chip in a couple of 15 minutes off the bench - letting the **** know that the club is bigger than any one player.

Flavs
20-07-2012, 12:37 PM

Vos luv got to do Vit it

McNamara That Ghost...
20-07-2012, 12:39 PM
RVP can stick it, brother.

Özil's Panoramic View
20-07-2012, 12:40 PM

Vos kinda wondering the same, but figured I'd share it as is

IBK
20-07-2012, 12:41 PM
What a c unt.

Power n Glory
20-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Nothing on Sky saying he's refused to go on tour and some reports saying we want £15m, others £30m. Media speculation. I think we've had the talks with RVP and we're now going to try and get as much as possible for him. This is going to be another long summer because we're playing the Nasri card. Wenger pulled a good card with City because he was prepared to cup tie him for the CL. We don't have the same bluff card with RVP.

IBK
20-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Nothing on Sky saying he's refused to go on tour and some reports saying we want £15m, others £30m. Media speculation. I think we've had the talks with RVP and we're now going to try and get as much as possible for him. This is going to be another long summer because we're playing the Nasri card. Wenger pulled a good card with City because he was prepared to cup tie him for the CL. We don't have the same bluff card with RVP.

I disagree. If the club was manipulating this, he'd be on the plane to the Far East.

Kano
20-07-2012, 12:59 PM
£15m minimum

Wont get anywhere near that.

We wont keep him either. The fans have turned against the **** and i know someone will say if he scores a couple, we'll be back onside with him. Bendtner has scored more than a couple and the crowd have never favoured him. Likewise Chamakh. Its only the clueless and the gullible who will love RVP again

he doesn't have to be loved, i mean how many arsenal players right now do you 'love'?

but if he is forced to stay, scores some goals then i'll definitely cheer the goal. i mean, why wouldn't you?

Özil's Panoramic View
20-07-2012, 01:10 PM
In all honesty thou, I think we should sell ASAP and not try to hold out for any ridiculous asking price. The Board would be super delusional to think that RvP is some kind of hot coveted commodity that many clubs will be planting c-4 in the doors to our enroute to our Board Room to snatch him up.

After all, the **** is nearing 30, spent most of his career on the treatment bench and was a 5/6th of a season wonder and absolute sh** @ the Euros. Get £10-15mil for him and we'd have just pulled one of the biggest cons in transfer history.