PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye RVP!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

Flavs
20-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Swap him for Pato or Giovinco

Joker
20-07-2012, 01:13 PM
On the whole he's only a decent player, nothing special. I'd place him in the bracket of someone like Andy Johnson, who had a purple patch for Crystal Palace in 04-05, but apart from that has never scored consistently for any of his clubs. Flog him, and use the money to get a real quality player like Llorente and we'd have done very well out of this deal.

Power n Glory
20-07-2012, 01:14 PM
I disagree. If the club was manipulating this, he'd be on the plane to the Far East.

But they are to an extent. We're going to sell him but we're going to at least make it seem as if we're prepared to let him see out his contract. Plus we're rejecting bids and now stories are circulating about his valuation. It's all speculation but it looks like we're looking for a bidding war t least.

GP
20-07-2012, 01:14 PM
On the whole he's only a decent player, nothing special. I'd place him in the bracket of someone like Andy Johnson, who had a purple patch for Crystal Palace in 04-05, but apart from that has never scored consistently for any of his clubs. Flog him, and use the money to get a real quality player like Llorente and we'd have done very well out of this deal.

:haha:

Dennis Bendtner
20-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Andy Johnson :lol:

umadbro?

Looked at the latest training pics. Doesn't look like anyone's kicked him too hard yet.

Flavs
20-07-2012, 01:16 PM

UberLOL

Joker
20-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Andy Johnson :lol:

umadbro?

Looked at the latest training pics. Doesn't look like anyone's kicked him too hard yet.

I mean he's that type of player who everyone was raving about at one point, but the true mark of a top quality player is to be able to do it consistently. Johnson never managed it and was found at Everton, and the same is true with RVP. Okay, he was good from September to March of last season, but I'm sure if he goes to United or City, he'll be found out and will spend a lot of his time on the bench, because he can't hold a candle up to Rooney, Aguero, Balotelli, etc.

GP
20-07-2012, 01:19 PM
I mean he's that type of player who everyone was raving about at one point, but the true mark of a top quality player is to be able to do it consistently. Johnson never managed it and was found at Everton, and the same is true with RVP. Okay, he was good from September to March of last season, but I'm sure if he goes to United or City, he'll be found out and will spend a lot of his time on the bench, because he can't hold a candle up to Rooney, Aguero, Balotelli, etc.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6kmPb1H5MUo/TVGWStY8eNI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/E8UOnIPaASA/s1600/hole+digging+contest.jpg

Flavs
20-07-2012, 01:20 PM
If Van Persie goes to Manyoo we are fucked

Syn
20-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Van Persie is a top quality player. Injuries were the only reasons wasn't contributing good seasons before these past 18 months. The level he is at now isn't a purple patch but it is his true level. The only question mark I have is how many years (if any) he can stay at this level. People who say his game isn't based on pace and so he'll be fine don't really understand van persie's game at all. He needs to remain at his physical peak to keep banging in the goals. Nevertheless I hope we can keep him and I hope he signs a new contract.

Özil's Panoramic View
20-07-2012, 01:22 PM
If Van Persie goes to Manyoo we are fucked

Not if we have Frimpong - a slight tap on the knee and that egg shell will crack

Power n Glory

No way. RVP is a quality player and always has been for us. It's his injuries that are the problem. If he'd have stayed fit during the 07-08 season, we'd have won the title. He was on fire during preseason and was scoring a lot of our early goals, but he got inured and missed the season. Plus, even. Before that. He was scoring spectacular goals for fun. He's a quality player and this isn't a one hit wonder situation.

Dennis Bendtner

Even in his half-seasons he has scored at healthy ratios. You can't have nearly a one-in-two career ratio without consistency. Though yes, his dip after the Newcastle game last season was disappointing, but fatigue probably played its past. Andy Johnson dived and scored penalties for like one season. No comparison here.

Flavs
20-07-2012, 01:27 PM
It would be epic if he went to Manyoo and in the first Manc derby he injured himself injuring Nasri that would be awesome.

both of them out for the season

Özil's Panoramic View
20-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Dreadful comparison really, what the f*** is an Andy Johnson?

Kano
20-07-2012, 01:28 PM
i've told you before, the one liners are far more effective.

see ach.

Power n Glory
20-07-2012, 01:33 PM
It would be epic if he went to Manyoo and in the first Manc derby he injured himself injuring Nasri that would be awesome.

both of them out for the season

It's going sour with RVP, but just thinking back over his career...this is a huge loss. One the vey few players I actually like and thought he lead be example last season. Sad it has to end like this.

IBK
20-07-2012, 01:36 PM
But they are to an extent. We're going to sell him but we're going to at least make it seem as if we're prepared to let him see out his contract. Plus we're rejecting bids and now stories are circulating about his valuation. It's all speculation but it looks like we're looking for a bidding war t least.

If we wanted to do that (which of course we do), he'd be on the plane to the Far East. The fact he's not suggests that he is unwilling to go.

Power n Glory
20-07-2012, 01:44 PM
If we wanted to do that (which of course we do), he'd be on the plane to the Far East. The fact he's not suggests that he is unwilling to go.

He may have refused to go but are we that pussy whipped as a club? He came back for preseason training and could have refused to train with the club if he really wanted to push the boat out. I just think we've come to some sort of agreement.

Xhaka Can’t
20-07-2012, 01:45 PM
A bad way to end his Arsenal career. The Club have to take a hard line and stick to it. This constant getting walked over has got to stop and really this is the time to play hardball. Van Persie should leave on our terms and if they can't be met, he should either play or rot.

Syn
20-07-2012, 01:58 PM
A bad way to end his Arsenal career. The Club have to take a hard line and stick to it. This constant getting walked over has got to stop and really this is the time to play hardball. Van Persie should leave on our terms and if they can't be met, he should either play or rot.

Exactly how most gooners I'm talking to feel. It might not be the most sensible choice for us to keep him and not take whatever the best offer is, but right now I just don't give a fuck. It'd be a pathetic and petty victory for the fans but just for once it'd be nice if Arsenal made a decision that showed some balls and didn't make the most financial sense.

Flavs
20-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Not much of a legacy eh, one real season and he goes like a twat.

:wave:

Japan Shaking All Over
20-07-2012, 02:06 PM

Rooney, Aguero, BALOTELLI ETC? You are putting RvP behind those three and then some. . .FFS careful guys Joker's been on the WUM juice again!:doh:

Lord Nelson
20-07-2012, 02:50 PM
RVP should be let go now!
The board and Assface Wenger are making the same mistakes year in year out!
Last year it was Fab and Nasri, this year it is RVP and Wallnut!
My heart is breaking at the way our club is being torn apart by money grabbing board members who are not supporters, and players who dont care about anything but themselves!

RIP my Gunners!

Cripps_orig
20-07-2012, 02:55 PM
RVP should be let go now!
The board and Assface Wenger are making the same mistakes year in year out!
Last year it was Fab and Nasri, this year it is RVP and Wallnut!
My heart is breaking at the way our club is being torn apart by money grabbing board members who are not supporters, and players who dont care about anything but themselves!

RIP my Gunners!

Good post

selassie
20-07-2012, 02:57 PM
We'll bend over backwards and sell him to City on the cheap on the last day of the window, I can see exactly how this is going to unfold. :console:

Grebbo
20-07-2012, 03:06 PM
£15m + Berbatov.

Do it.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-07-2012, 03:36 PM
£15m + Berbatov.

Do one

Corrected

fakeyank
20-07-2012, 03:59 PM
I'd take 15 million + Wellbeck. Why take someone like Berba who doesnt work hard?!

GP
20-07-2012, 04:04 PM
I'd take 15 million + Wellbeck. Why take someone like Berba who doesnt work hard?!

Why take someone like Wellshit who's well shit?

:doh:

fakeyank
20-07-2012, 04:06 PM
He is 22 and looks very promising. I dont know how you can call him shit!? You might not rate him but he is not shit and he is definitely going to be better than grand pa Berba.

Syn
20-07-2012, 04:10 PM
After watching him for England, I was impressed with Wellbeck. But the stats still say there is no-one apart from Balotelli who is matching Theo's stats for 'promising' players. If wellbeck is a prospect so is Theo. But, yeah, I'd take Wellbeck over Berba in swap deal. Fergie won't let him go though.

GP
20-07-2012, 04:10 PM
He's shit and he's got a shit Fresh Prince haircut.

Must not get

McNamara That Ghost...
20-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Why do people get so obsessed with player swaps? It rarely happens. And for good reason.

Cripps_orig
20-07-2012, 04:15 PM
RVP for Rooney

Can see it happening

Grebbo
20-07-2012, 05:29 PM

Did Bergkamp work hard? Berbatov is class.

Wenger won't spend the cash so I'd rather have swap deals.

Unai Tea
20-07-2012, 05:39 PM
RVP can go fuck himself. I hope they name a toilet in his honour at the emirates.

Xhaka Can’t
20-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Did Bergkamp work hard? Berbatov is class.

Yes.

No.

Xhaka Can’t
20-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Just got an e-mail from Arsenal titled, 'Join us on Tour'.

I think it was meant for Van Persie.

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Just got an e-mail from Arsenal titled, 'Join us on Tour'.

I think it was meant for Van Persie.
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/home/the%20club/stadium%20tours

:good:

Özil's Panoramic View
20-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Did someone just bring Bergkamp into question? Work rate or otherwise? Curse u, u Cretin!

Grebbo
20-07-2012, 06:58 PM

Xhaka Can’t
20-07-2012, 07:05 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/531677_10151069562829113_558737673_n.jpg

Grebbo
20-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Wonder what his wage cost per game was during his 8 years with us.

PGFC
20-07-2012, 09:08 PM

Within 2% of his medical bills probably.

Özil's Panoramic View
20-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Within 2% of his medical bills probably.

He couldn't possibly be leaving for monetary reasons then

Keith
20-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap

Ralpheroo72
20-07-2012, 10:06 PM
If he goes to Man U, Stan and his cronies can fuck right off. If this does happen, our club will have sunk to it's lowest level, and I dont see how we could recover. I mean, we cant keep a hold of the players we want, and we cant get rid of the players we dont want, its a fucking mess!

Dennis Bendtner
20-07-2012, 10:45 PM
BBC say Juventus will offer him £190,000 a week :wacko:

And they want to pair him with Suarez.

Suarez Is Boss :rose:

Downing Is Boss :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
20-07-2012, 11:10 PM

Man City would wince at the cost.

KSE Comedy Club
20-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Have we sold this **** yet?

Grebbo
21-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Can't wait to sell this ****.

tpyo
21-07-2012, 06:20 AM
Juventus will offer him £190,000 a week

:faint:

Wasn't it just like... five or six years ago when 100K was a big deal? These wages being thrown about scare the shit out of me.
This is on top of a 15-25 million transfer fee too!

UPDATE: I only just found out that Adebayor gets paid 175K a week at Citeh. :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:

Syn
21-07-2012, 07:29 AM
Just wanna **** this ****.

Unai Tea
21-07-2012, 07:33 AM
:faint:

Wasn't it just like... five or six years ago when 100K was a big deal? These wages being thrown about scare the shit out of me.
This is on top of a 15-25 million transfer fee too!

UPDATE: I only just found out that Adebayor gets paid 175K a week at Citeh. :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:

It's really only through the judicious use of coupons and multi-buy discounts that Adebayor is able to feed himself and his family tbh.

Joker
21-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Hope well sell this **** next week. This is going to start disrupting our preparations.

Unai Tea
21-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Hope well sell this **** next week. This is going to start disrupting our preparations.

I'm less concerned with when he's sold. He's gone, everyone knows that. Whether it's today, tomorrow or next week matters little. He's the same as Bendtner and Vela at this stage tbh - no longer included in plans. I think that's also a big difference from last year's 'will he/won't he' charade with Nasbo and Fabregas.

What is of far greater importance is getting a few more new players in. We're not so completely poor on cash flow that we need to wait for sales to happen before we can buy. We need incoming players to be the focus. I just hope to god we actually do more to strengthen.

Power n Glory
21-07-2012, 09:47 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7920345/Fergie-confirms-RVP-bid

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed making an offer for Robin van Persie but accepts there are other clubs interested in the player and is reluctant to discuss further something that might not happen.

Manchester United prefer not to make announcements on transfers until they have been finalised but it has emerged this week that they are keen on signing Van Persie from Arsenal.
Ferguson has now admitted he would like to bring in the Dutchman, who has told the Gunners that he does not want to sign an extension to his current deal at the Emirates Stadium.

"Obviously Arsenal have given out the fact that we've made a bid for him," the Red Devils manager told MUTV.

"We try to keep business as close as possible to us until the moment we conclude a deal. There's no point talking about something that might not happen.

"There are other clubs interested in the player. We've shown an interest and that's where we're at at the moment."

Tour decision

Sky Sports sources understand that Manchester City and Juventus have also made offers for Van Persie but that none of the bids meet their valuation, believed to be around £30million.

Arsenal were expected to announce on Friday afternoon whether last season's Premier League top scorer would join them on their pre-season tour of Asia, but later delayed that decision until Saturday, when they are due to leave England.

According to widespread reports, manager Arsene Wenger will opt against including Van Persie, whose contract expires next summer.

Yeah, we're trying to stir a bidding war and we may be trying to coax Man City into throwing their hat in the ring with a better bid. I thought it was a bit odd for Fergie to talk openly about one of our players and wondered if Wenger would have a go at his old 'pal' for trying to tap up his player. But it looks like the club have leaked the story.

Syn
21-07-2012, 09:54 AM
I think we're using the man utd offer as something to bounce off but I don't think we'd have any intention to sell to man
utd. But we'll see. It would need to be man city esque offer. Maybe Arsenal are not trying to get more teams involved but turn this into a scrap between city and utd for who has the bigger pulling power. The only winner in that case is van persie.

Syn
21-07-2012, 10:00 AM
@arseblog: Wenger - "For me, Van Persie is one of the best strikers in the world, if not the best, and my desire is to keep him at the Club"

@Arsenal: Wenger says he's looking to bring in "one or two players" - but that will depend on who leaves Arsenal: http://t.co/OYUOPEbn

@arseblog: AW - "As for the rest I will do what is in the best interests of Arsenal Football Club. There is not a lot more to say than that"

KSE Comedy Club
21-07-2012, 10:55 AM
So basically, it's the same as last summer with cesc and nasri.

Fuck sake.

Xhaka Can’t
21-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Until the Club grow a pair when a player acts like this, we'll see the same shit every single year.

Ernesto
21-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Personally? I think Arsenal WILL sell Robin van Persie TO Manchester City toward the very end of the transfer window (don't be surprised if a couple of league fixtures have already been played before the deal is finalised). It'll probably be a cut-price deal, but better than what Manchester United and Juventus have to offer. The Etonian fat cats in the Arsenal board room will be laughing their way to the bank, glad they didn't wait til next summer when they could've ended up with nada.

Cripps_orig
22-07-2012, 09:52 AM
ROBIN VAN PERSIE is demanding £10.1million a year for his signature this summer.

The Dutchman’s agent Kees Vos met with Italian champions Juventus and revealed the Arsenal skipper wants £195,000 a week in wages.

That would make Van Persie one of the highest-paid players in the world.

Juventus initially baulked at the figure and reconsidered their options but are now back in the hunt.

And with Manchester City and Manchester United also chasing the 28-year-old, he is likely to get his money.

The double Footballer of the Year has already turned down a £130,000-a-week offer from Arsenal but neither City nor United will be frightened off by his demands.

City already pay Yaya Toure £225,000 a week, while Wayne Rooney receives £200,000 a week from United.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger left RVP behind as the club flew out for a tour of the Far East yesterday.

And rumours new signing Lukas Podolski will be given the No 10 shirt normally worn by Van Persie have increased speculation the £30m-rated forward will soon be on his way.

But Wenger has not given up on keeping his star.

He said: “Van Persie is one of the best strikers in the world, if not the best, and my desire is to keep him.”

Arsenal have already signed two new forwards in Podolski and Olivier Giroud but are also lining up Spain star Fernando Llorente if Van Persie does leave.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4442542/Robin-van-Persie-is-after-101m-a-year-as-Juventus-Man-Utd-and-City-eye-Arsenal-striker.html

What a ****

FL :bow:

Unai Tea
22-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Even if he wanted to stay and never took a shit on the club I would feel very, very uncomfortable paying a 28/29 year old player with a very checkered injury history £195,000 a week for the next 3-4 years. I probably lack sufficient ambition but that just strikes me as very much unsound.

Özil's Panoramic View
22-07-2012, 10:42 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4442542/Robin-van-Persie-is-after-101m-a-year-as-Juventus-Man-Utd-and-City-eye-Arsenal-striker.html

What a ****

FL :bow:

We should have coughed up that 190k per week that RvP demanded. He f***ing deserves it after carrying the team last season to a CL spot, which allowed the fat greedy Etonian hogs in the Board room to keep their snouts firmly rooted in the trough. How about sharing some of the spoils with those who the fans actually pay to see for a change, huh?

We have so many dross on 50k wages but yet we refuse to pay our 1 star 3-4 times as much as these piles of shit who contribute absolutely nil to our cause.

Till the snobs @ the top are gone, we'll continue to fall further behind as no player of the similar quality to RvP will join us. And those who emerge as stars from among our ranks, will also be denied star wages and will move on to clubs that will pay them their worth.

Master Splinter
22-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Have we sold the sub-Andy Johnson, disloyal, mercenary ****** **** known as Robin van P€r$i€ yet?

Özil's Panoramic View
22-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Even if he wanted to stay and never took a shit on the club I would feel very, very uncomfortable paying a 28/29 year old player with a very checkered injury history £195,000 a week for the next 3-4 years. I probably lack sufficient ambition but that just strikes me as very much unsound.

@ least he's contributed immensely, if only for 1 season. But compile the amount wasted on the likes of Chamakh, Djourou, Denilson, Bendtner, Arshavin etc over the past 3-4 years and tell me which is more unsound.

Cripps_orig
22-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Andy Johnson?

Özil's Panoramic View
22-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Another thing to note is the amount that the greedy f*** are demanding for RvP, some 30mil I'm hearing. Seems the only time we realize the true value of our stars is when they're being off loaded to City and Barca.

Syn
22-07-2012, 11:11 AM
For each player, the club obviously tries to get as much money as they can. If they're as money-minded as we make them out to be, then it's in their exact interests to extract as much as they can. But in a few cases there was no more than 1 realistic option to sell to. e.g. Henry and Cesc to Barcelona. In this case, if Fergie is right and we've leaked out the news of their bid, we are trying to get as many clubs involved as possible that will obviously drive up the price. I suspect it's also a 'pride' thing for man utd vs man city - they both might want to show they have the bigger pulling power. You might expect man utd to be above that but after the way last season ended, it would've hurt. But £30m is highly unlikely.

KSE Comedy Club
22-07-2012, 03:07 PM
RVP is not worth paying £195'000 a week to.

He has had 1 injury free season in 8 years for fucks sake.

It doesn't matter how good or skilled he is, the risk is too great to spunk that sort of money on.

And can we please stop all the bullshit about him single handedly getting us 3rd spot last season. Yes he scored a fuckload of goals but he didn't do it all on his fucking own and the teamsheet didn't read:

Arsenal.

Robin van Persie.

Vs.

He needed the team to help create most of the goals he scored.

Can't wait for him to be sold tbh.

Marc Overmars
22-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Have we sold this chump yet?

Niall_Quinn
22-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Wasn't intending to post here again but need to get this off my chest.

RvP is a **** and I hope he dies.
RvP's agent is a **** and I hope he dies.
Kroenke is a **** and I hope he dies.
The ex-shareholders are all ****s and I hope they die.
There is no Arsenal except in the imagination of the fans. In reality Arsenal is a money grabbing bunch of anti-football ****s in collaboration with a bunch of 100% self interested, fuck the fans that pay their wages, what's in it for me, footballing ****s who are in every way inferior to the magnificent football players who used to entertain us ever Saturday at fucking 3pm (get it you ****s? 3pm on Saturday, that's when football fucking happens!). I hope everyone in football dies. Seriously. Just fucking die. Die peacefully, die horribly, die in agony, die in a fire, but just fucking die. You've robbed and ruined my game you ****s. You fucking, good for nothing, know the value of nothing, over-hyped, over-rated, not fit to lace the boots of the players who's shoulders you climbed on to masquerade, ****s. Die now.

Wenger and Fergie (who love the fucking game and are the last men standing) :bow:
The fans (for as long as they last) :bow:

The rest of them, the greedy little shits who think they can play, the greedy fucking leeches who have clamped on, the fat fucking useless journalists and pundits and hangers-on, the blatantly corrupt officials, the sponsors, Sky TV - there must be a fire of significant magnitude somewhere that you can die in. Find it, and die. And go to hell. ****s.

Master Splinter
22-07-2012, 04:37 PM

:bow:

Do GWers deserve to die too?

Cripps_orig
22-07-2012, 04:44 PM

There is no Arsenal except in the imagination of the fans. In reality Arsenal is a money grabbing bunch of anti-football ****s in collaboration with a bunch of 100% self interested, fuck the fans that pay their wages, what's in it for me, footballing ****s who are in every way inferior to the magnificent football players who used to entertain us ever Saturday at fucking 3pm (get it you ****s? 3pm on Saturday, that's when football fucking happens!). I hope everyone in football dies. Seriously. Just fucking die. Die peacefully, die horribly, die in agony, die in a fire, but just fucking die. You've robbed and ruined my game you ****s. You fucking, good for nothing, know the value of nothing, over-hyped, over-rated, not fit to lace the boots of the players who's shoulders you climbed on to masquerade, ****s. Die now.

Wenger and Fergie (who love the fucking game and are the last men standing) :bow:

The rest of them, the greedy little shits who think they can play, the greedy fucking leeches who have clamped on, the fat fucking useless journalists and pundits and hangers-on, the blatantly corrupt officials, the sponsors, Sky TV - there must be a fire of significant magnitude somewhere that you can die in. Find it, and die. And go to hell. ****s.

Welcome back

Power n Glory
22-07-2012, 04:50 PM

Yeah, you've been M.I.A. What happend?

We're being stretched to breaking point and the fans can't endure much more. You know how I feel about Wenger and it pisses me off that such a purist can defend the bullshit model we have that fleeces the fans.

Kano
23-07-2012, 08:39 AM

you need to be a bit clearer with your posts.

The Ogg Monster
23-07-2012, 03:21 PM
As much as I want RvP to stay I'd say if we got 20-25m for him it would probably turn out to be another good bit of business by Wenger, who prides himself on selling at the right time. We got his best years, he wont get any better, and will probably suffer from Arsenalitis at City (if he goes there). We changed our entire formation to fit him, which wont happen at any other club, so the chances are he wont score 30+ in the PL again (my logic, lol).

Power n Glory
23-07-2012, 03:33 PM
We didn't change our formation to suite him. He had to adapt to the lone striker role. We were playing 4-3-3 when Ade and Cesc were here.

Letters
23-07-2012, 04:24 PM
That's what we're here for.

We've missed you :hug: Hope it's not a one off return.

Fist of Lehmann
23-07-2012, 05:06 PM

I liked this post, and frankly if guys like you are leaving, maybe I should get the fuck out of Dodge.

fakeyank
23-07-2012, 05:08 PM

Leave Kroenke alone.. we need him for Colorado Rapids

Arsenal Fan
25-07-2012, 01:33 PM
this whole situation is unbelievably embarrassing...
van persie choosing bigger, better, more ambitious clubs than Arsenal.

fuck this, fuck rvp, hope he gets a injured all the time, fuck the fuck...

GP
25-07-2012, 01:37 PM
this whole situation is unbelievably embarrassing...
van persie choosing bigger, better, more ambitious clubs than Arsenal.

No, he wants Man City.

Grebbo
25-07-2012, 01:56 PM
It feels wrong saying this but I would lol if RVP left us for City/Manure and then broke his leg.

I sound like a bitter Spud but fuck him.

After 8 years, on full wages and producing one full season, to leave for another English club would stink.

If he goes abroad then fair enough. You only get one career and he does need to win something.

The Ogg Monster
26-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Fuck im, stick him in the reserves for a whole season.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has confessed he is baffled as to why Robin van Persie would want to leave the club.

The 28-year-old striker finished as top scorer in the Premier League last season and confirmed his intention to part ways with the Gunners earlier in July, which has started a transfer pursuit between Manchester City, Manchester United and Juventus.

However, the Emirates Stadium chairman insisted that Van Persie will not be sold on the cheap.

“He is a world-class player and we don’t want to give him away,” Hill-Wood told the Daily Star.

“If he is determined to leave that is up to him, but giving him away is not on our agenda.

“To be honest I do not understand him at all. I understood Cesc Fabregas wanting to go home to Barcelona last summer. I had sympathy with that.

“But I thought Robin was happy at Arsenal, especially after the season he had with us.”

Van Persie has been part of the Gunners' squad since 2004 and was given the captain’s armband on a permanent basis after Fabregas left last summer.

Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud have already been brought in to the club recently, while Santi Cazorla is a reported £16 million target for the Gunners.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/26/3266564/van-persie-motives-baffle-arsenal-chairman-hill-wood

To win trophies i assume

Power n Glory
26-07-2012, 11:28 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/26/3266564/van-persie-motives-baffle-arsenal-chairman-hill-wood

To win trophies i assume

Why is this guy talking? Why is he giving away our cards? He's told the world we intend to sell him when we could have bluffed an acted as if we'd be prepared to keep him for another year like what we did with Nasri.

Letters
26-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Why is this guy talking? Why is he giving away our cards? He's told the world we intend to sell him when we could have bluffed an acted as if we'd be prepared to keep him for another year like what we did with Nasri.Yeah. Everyone would definitely have believed us :good:

Power n Glory
26-07-2012, 12:23 PM
City did with Nasri. When Wenger started Nasri for us in a game and said he'd play him in the CL qualification game, City coughed up the cash.

Letters
26-07-2012, 12:27 PM
City would have coughed up anyway. It's easy to be 'ambitious' when you can throw as much money around as you like and there's no consequence.
Everyone knows we're going to sell him. I just hope we sort it out sooner rather than later although that's not entirely in our hands.

Bergkampwonderland10
26-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Fuck im, stick him in the reserves for a whole season.I heard Modric is training with the spuds reserves - I hope we just hold RVP to the final year of his contract...think he needs to stay and see the indifference fans feel towards him now...not many in the modern game will ever get to legendary status - but he was probably closest from the Arsenal point of view - real shame that didn't mean anything to him - especially as his wife and dad were quoted as saying how good it was that Arsenal FC have always stuck by him. I honestly doubt he's gonna end up any where other than $ity and if that's the case they can afford another 25million for one of our players...seems to be a decent standard rate if you ask me. And I really don't think they will retain the premiership this season or get anywhere near the CL final to be fair...both $ity and Man U are pretty weak in the midfield so unless they sort that...they will not be winning too much imo...Chelsea look to be the team to beat with the players they are bringing in and they don't look like they will stop the spending anytime soon...Hazard, Mata, Oscar...pretty envious at that midfield have to say.

Syn
26-07-2012, 12:33 PM
He hasn't said that we intend to sell him. I think he has said the exact opposite. Twice.

"“He is a world-class player and we don’t want to give him away" and "“If he is determined to leave that is up to him, but giving him away is not on our agenda".

Personally I don't interpret 'if he is determined to leave that is up to him' as a signal that we'll allow him to leave. It was more in relation to his overall comments about being baffled about why RVP would want to leave - that nobody can help how he's feeling. I also don't interpret 'giving him away' to mean 'giving him away on the cheap'. It just means Arsenal don't want to let him go.

I agree PHW could've just kept quiet about it but I don't think anyone takes him seriously anyway. Unfortunately after last year and Wenger's comments about Cesc and Nasri, nobody is going to take Wenger's word seriously either. The club are still, as far as I can see, presenting a unified front that we will hold RVP to play out the last year of his contract.

Who even cares tbh. Just waiting for Van Persie's inevitable u-turn and him penning a contract offer that shatters the previous record handed out to Henry. Denial? We'll see.

Power n Glory
26-07-2012, 01:20 PM
He hasn't said that we intend to sell him. I think he has said the exact opposite. Twice.

"“He is a world-class player and we don’t want to give him away" and "“If he is determined to leave that is up to him, but giving him away is not on our agenda".

Personally I don't interpret 'if he is determined to leave that is up to him' as a signal that we'll allow him to leave. It was more in relation to his overall comments about being baffled about why RVP would want to leave - that nobody can help how he's feeling. I also don't interpret 'giving him away' to mean 'giving him away on the cheap'. It just means Arsenal don't want to let him go.

I agree PHW could've just kept quiet about it but I don't think anyone takes him seriously anyway. Unfortunately after last year and Wenger's comments about Cesc and Nasri, nobody is going to take Wenger's word seriously either. The club are still, as far as I can see, presenting a unified front that we will hold RVP to play out the last year of his contract.

Who even cares tbh. Just waiting for Van Persie's inevitable u-turn and him penning a contract offer that shatters the previous record handed out to Henry. Denial? We'll see.

He said we intend to sell him of course but he hasn't said we're not selling him either so it's not the exact opposite. It sounds like a message to all interested parties that they need to up their bid. We may not want to let him go, but it sounds like we're forced into a corner with this one and we are really, but don't make it sound that way. Just say we're not selling and will continue to speak to his people about a new deal.

Letters
26-07-2012, 01:36 PM
He said we intend to sell him of course but he hasn't said we're not selling him either so it's not the exact opposite.:blink:

Flavs
26-07-2012, 01:55 PM
He said we intend to sell him of course but he hasn't said we're not selling him either so it's not the exact opposite.

:gp:

GP
26-07-2012, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtCGb4fnHYw

Power n Glory
26-07-2012, 02:26 PM
:blink:

Sorry, not clear at all. He hasn't said we intend to sell but he hasn't said we intend to keep him either. Money is the sticking point from the look of his statement and he seems more concerned with the transfer fee.

Compare that with Wenger's statement.

"There is nothing to elaborate. The options are clear - we want to keep our players," he told the club's official website. "I would be happy for him to stay in the English Premier League - at Arsenal."

Kano
26-07-2012, 03:01 PM
we're criticising people for what they are not saying now?

Power n Glory
26-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Jeez, this place! Forget it, it's really not important. Especially if people are going to get touchy.

Letters
26-07-2012, 03:30 PM
It does seem like going out of your way to have a pop at PHW.
That said, he probably should shut his trap. I don't think he's particularly said anything wrong though.

Kano
26-07-2012, 03:47 PM
:lol:

just a question! don't storm off with your handbag

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Jeez, this place! Forget it, it's really not important. Especially if people are going to get touchy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0

Xhaka Can’t
26-07-2012, 10:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmU7vecDEn8&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsear ch_query%3Dvan%2Bpersie%2B****%26oq%3Dvan%2Bpersie %2B****%26gs_l%3Dyoutube.3...445.15551.0.17050.16. 11.1.4.4.0.179.933.9j2.11.0...0.0...1ac.KojbqN9M1b M

RKane and AKBapologist on RvP.

Warning: This is utter shit.

Kano
27-07-2012, 07:19 AM
"Van Persie is a great player but Arsenal do not intend to lose him. And you cannot indulge in a player if the owners don't want (to sell).

from juve. so despite what phw may or may not say, the internal message seems to be pretty straight

Globalgunner
27-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Sounds coming out of Malaga about Cazorla are quite a bit similar TBF. We seem rather optimistic we will get our man.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-07-2012, 09:45 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/john-cross-column-robin-van-1171543

John Cross taking a lot of time to basically say nothing new.

LDG
27-07-2012, 09:51 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/john-cross-column-robin-van-1171543

John Cross taking a lot of time to basically say nothing new.

Master Splinter
27-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Disgusting how John Cross is treated around here.

He is a fine, insightful, hard-hitting, illuminating journalist, only bettered by the great Phil McNumpty on the BBC.

IBK
27-07-2012, 10:01 AM
I thought it was quite an interesting article :unsure: What it suggests is that although RVP wants to go, he does care about what Gooners think - which would suggest that perhaps he now thinks that his statement was ill-advised.

Funny though, how quickly most of us now seem to have moved on in our heads. Decent signings will do this.

Loved this stat:

Arsenal are replacing last season's top scorer, captain and main main with a prolific German international who has scored 44 goals in 101 caps. That's a phenomenal record.

LDG
27-07-2012, 10:09 AM
I thought it was quite an interesting article :unsure: What it suggests is that although RVP wants to go, he does care about what Gooners think - which would suggest that perhaps he now thinks that his statement was ill-advised.

Funny though, how quickly most of us now seem to have moved on in our heads. Decent signings will do this.

Loved this stat:

Arsenal are replacing last season's top scorer, captain and main main with a prolific German international who has scored 44 goals in 101 caps. That's a phenomenal record.

:good:

Also thought it was interesting that Gervinho is being played through the middle in practice. How true that is, I don't know, but interesting nonetheless.

The rest of it is a bit....err....long-winded though.

Ollie the Optimist
27-07-2012, 12:44 PM
If van Persia really cared about what the fans think or the club he wouldn't have released that statement. Fact

Marc Overmars
27-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Juve have reportedly pulled out of the race to sign him.

Fuck it - I think he'll end up at City.

The ****.

Shaqiri Is Boss
27-07-2012, 01:32 PM

The ****.
Ah crap.

Syn
27-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Ah crap.

What's it to you, Suibbles?

Shaqiri Is Boss
27-07-2012, 01:37 PM
What's it to you, Suibbles?
Because then the Suarez to Juventus rumours will be ramped up by 1000.

And Suarez is a bit of an idiot, so he'll probably put his foot in it and confirm it.

And then we'll be in "crisis" again.

Whereas if van Persie does go there, we'll continue to be somewhat ignored by the papers.

Syn
27-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Because then the Suarez to Juventus rumours will be ramped up by 1000.

And Suarez is a bit of an idiot, so he'll probably put his foot in it and confirm it.

And then we'll be in "crisis" again.

Whereas if van Persie does go there, we'll continue to be somewhat ignored by the papers.

Bit of a stretch!

Shaqiri Is Boss
27-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Bit of a stretch!

Not saying it will happen, but it's how it will be reported.

Anyways, unimportant.

Master Splinter
27-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Wenget taking no shit:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9431860/Arsenal-have-received-no-bid-for-Robin-van-Persie-says-Arsene-Wenger.html

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02290/arsene-wenger_2290510b.jpg

The reason for the war paint is now clear.

Injury Time
27-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Wenget taking no shit:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9431860/Arsenal-have-received-no-bid-for-Robin-van-Persie-says-Arsene-Wenger.html

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02290/arsene-wenger_2290510b.jpg

The reason for the war paint is now clear.
Wtf is going on with his left hand/wrist....someone been bending his thumb?

Japan Shaking All Over
28-07-2012, 06:02 AM

The ****.

Juve pulling out will see the Mancs going toe to toe and if that be the case then we shoild only sell if they cough up, otherwise we keep him for the last year - it sucks he will then go on a free but thats just the way it goes. Tbh I dont know whether he will have another year like last (he might) and of he does I hope we can take advantage of it but

20 mil from Juve may be OK, I am quote excoted out the rumours, Santa Claus and a loan for Turkish delight is not bad, a couple of farewells and RvPs dosh could still see us go after MVila who I still think we may go for and that would be one of the best transfers hauls of Wengers reign. Back up GK needed too

The Ogg Monster
28-07-2012, 08:57 AM
(The general sentiment on RvP...)

Last season RvP was my hero because he was banging in the goals for my beloved AFC.

Now he's leaving I hope he and his family die a slow and agonising death in a Nazi concentration camp.

Xhaka Can’t
28-07-2012, 10:38 AM
(The general sentiment on RvP...)

Last season RvP was my hero because he was banging in the goals for my beloved AFC.

Now he's leaving I hope he and his family die a slow and agonising death in a Nazi concentration camp.
The Germans are renowned for their efficiency. Nobody said it had to be slow.

GP
28-07-2012, 11:09 AM
As long as it's agonising :good:

Injury Time
28-07-2012, 12:36 PM
a Mr V Persie has had £3.8m offer on house in Hale accepted (that's near Manchester apparently) <_<

Grebbo
28-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Sounds like BS. He's not gonna live up norf when he retires in a few years time so would think he'd rent like a lot of players.

Syn
28-07-2012, 01:38 PM
There's probably good value investing in a top house up north right now. By the time he retires it might've earned him a tidy profit. But I agree the story is probably bullshit.

Niall_Quinn
28-07-2012, 02:10 PM
If van Persia really cared about what the fans think or the club he wouldn't have released that statement. Fact

Agreed. Fuck van Persie, fuck his stinking, sub-human filth, bowel dwelling, isn't dead yet but hopefully will die in prolonged agony soon, whore agent. Podolski got the chance to come here and he just signed the fucking contract. Job done. He wants to be here, so we have something in common with the guy. Let's talk about him.

Niall_Quinn
28-07-2012, 02:11 PM
And fuck Poland too. If I could be bothered I'd change my avatar.

Niall_Quinn
28-07-2012, 02:16 PM
The Germans are renowned for their efficiency. Nobody said it had to be slow.

It's a myth. The Germans have put up with Europe for a long time now, for instance.

Özil's Panoramic View
28-07-2012, 02:34 PM
We haven't sold this **** yet?

KSE Comedy Club
29-07-2012, 08:24 AM
SSN saying that 'sources' claim that he has said he would prefer utd over citeh but he is demanding £200k pw.

If this is true I would rather we stick him in the reserves for a year and let him leave on a free tbh. He'll be nearer to 32 then.

Marc Overmars
29-07-2012, 08:32 AM
If RVP really wants to move to United there's no way Fergie will sign him as their top earner with Rooney, he's not a mug.

dazthegooner
29-07-2012, 09:36 AM
I'd just get rid of him ASAP get as much money as we can and then watch him get back to the normal Van-Persie on the treatment table for 6 months :)

Xhaka Can’t
29-07-2012, 09:40 AM
If the only options are strengthening one of the Manc teams then we definitely are not in the position of cutting off our nose to spite our face if he rots with us and puts off strengthening them for a year

Power n Glory
29-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Balls in our court and if we sell to City or Manure, then the money we get needs to spent this summer strengthening the team. I'd be pissed if we sold to our rivals and then banker flyer profits. We might as well have just sold to Juve onside accepted their bid in that case. Doesn't matter that the fee is low. No point in talking about the greed in football and then selling him to our rivals because they bid the most. Whore behaviour on the clubs part if we let that happen.

The Ogg Monster
29-07-2012, 11:41 AM
^Yeah.

Selling Van Persie to our direct rivals would be unforgivable really. Imagine a Rooney Van Persie striking partnership? Fucking hell.

Cripps_orig
29-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Some would say Manc clubs arent our direct rivals

And some would be right

The Ogg Monster
29-07-2012, 12:16 PM
1st City
2nd United
3rd Arsenal

Our rivals, idiot.

Syn
29-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Yup it's not too complicated to understand. We might be well away from the level of the Manchester clubs but if we want to close the gap we can't sell them our best player. If the club show the stubborn (and, imo, admirable) principles they preach, they won't give rvp to man city or man utd even if they are the ones offering the best offers. If he leaves for them on a free next year, that's his business. But we shouldn't let that happen this year.

Bergkampwonderland10
29-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Yup it's not too complicated to understand. We might be well away from the level of the Manchester clubs but if we want to close the gap we can't sell them our best player. If the club show the stubborn (and, imo, admirable) principles they preach, they won't give rvp to man city or man utd even if they are the ones offering the best offers. If he leaves for them on a free next year, that's his business. But we shouldn't let that happen this year.

:gp: That's exactly how I feel - why strengthen them this season - let him go on a free.

KSE Comedy Club
29-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Yep, I feel the same way.

The Ogg Monster
29-07-2012, 01:56 PM
The board wont.

Cripps_orig
30-07-2012, 02:06 AM
1st City
2nd United
3rd Arsenal

Our rivals, idiot.Yeah cos we really rivaled them for their top 2 spots :doh:

You really are a bit of an idiot arent you?

The Ogg Monster
30-07-2012, 10:28 AM
http://static.blol.me/photos/1297626437947.jpg

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
30-07-2012, 05:54 PM

yep. i actually hope we do that for once.

max we get from either manchester clubs are £15m but at the same time we are strengthening them beyond belief. rooney + rvp or aguero + rvp are fantasy team strikers. if it became reality it really would be frightening.

if he stays and gets us into the top 3/4 then that's worth much more than £15m and also sends a message out to players that we won't always be held to ransom. rvp will be 30 next year, who will pay him £200k a week then?

in fact the dilemma he faces next year trying to find a new club makes me smile with delight. take that you ungrateful prick.

Kano
01-08-2012, 09:10 PM
very interesting piece on rvp and his current match winning ability compared to every top premier striker you can think of.

http://eircomsports.eircom.net/News/news/soccer/most-important-PL-scorers.aspx

Kyle?
01-08-2012, 09:17 PM
very interesting piece on rvp and his current match winning ability compared to every top premier striker you can think of.

http://eircomsports.eircom.net/News/news/soccer/most-important-PL-scorers.aspx

So we need him more than he needs us. That puts us in a bad position.

Marc Overmars
01-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Yeah not surprising, he was a freak last season. Not many of his goals were +1's, I don't think I've ever felt such a reliance on one player before, not even when Henry was in his pomp because we still had many players who would take the load.

I don't know how we'll cope without him next season but we'll probably have to reshape the team a little given everything was geared towards getting the best out of RVP.

Shit stabbing bastard.

GP
01-08-2012, 09:21 PM
What is a 'pomp' anyway?

Marc Overmars
01-08-2012, 09:24 PM
No idea.

Kano
01-08-2012, 09:26 PM
So we need him more than he needs us. That puts us in a bad position.

the team has been set up to play for rvp, who is/was obviously our best player left after cesc. as the stats in the article reminds us, 60% of those in that top 10 never went on to win the title. with a more evenly talented team if rvp leaves, then that should hopefully mean the scoring workload is shared.

The Wengerbabies
01-08-2012, 09:27 PM
What is a 'pomp' anyway?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01883/royal-process_1883834i.jpg

:sick:

GP
01-08-2012, 09:27 PM
I prefer ceremony.

Kyle?
01-08-2012, 09:31 PM
the team has been set up to play for rvp, who is/was obviously our best player left after cesc. as the stats in the article reminds us, 60% of those in that top 10 never went on to win the title. with a more evenly talented team if rvp leaves, then that should hopefully mean the scoring workload is shared.

I hope so. We don't want someone scoring 40 goals and then thinking they're too big for the club. Poldi and Giroud to get 20 each would be nice.

Kano
01-08-2012, 09:35 PM
I hope so. We don't want someone scoring 40 goals and then thinking they're too big for the club. Poldi and Giroud to get 20 each would be nice.
they only become too big for the club when the team isn't supplemented with enough talent on a par. henry hit that wall when his old team was stripped away and not replaced like for like talentwise - rooney could be in the same boat at the end of this season again. either podo or giro will score more than the other but the most important thing is that they strike up an understanding if they play regularly together.

Kyle?
01-08-2012, 09:39 PM
they only become too big for the club when the team isn't supplemented with enough talent on a par. henry hit that wall when his old team was stripped away and not replaced like for like talentwise - rooney could be in the same boat at the end of this season again. either podo or giro will score more than the other but the most important thing is that they strike up an understanding if they play regularly together.

have we decided where to play poldi yet?

Kano
01-08-2012, 09:54 PM
nothing from the club at all as far as i know. i think he was recognised by the koln fans as playing his best football through the middle, able to drop a little deeper too and of course we know he can also play on the left. personally i'd like to see him played as the main man but if giroud is a starter then he'll be on the left.

KSE Comedy Club
02-08-2012, 12:28 PM
I know it's twitter, but there are a few places starting to report that rvp is considering a u-turn and signing a new deal.

The reason: cazorla and Sahin.

I_Killed_Kenny
02-08-2012, 12:30 PM
hahaha tuck that tail inbetween your legs boy! your bluff has been called! tbh its probably wishful thinking on twitter.

The Wengerbabies
02-08-2012, 12:35 PM
No way is he staying.

Xhaka Can’t
02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
The only way he is staying is if he is required to honour his contract and during the course of honouring it, he picks up another injury. Following that, interest would wane and he'd know on which side his bread is buttered.

He has been very very badly advised.

Ollie the Optimist
02-08-2012, 12:53 PM
the only way i think van persie has a chance of staying from the fans point of view, is that he has to release a statement like the last one, admiting he was wrong and how sorry he is. otherwise next season will be like adesawhore last season

Fist of Lehmann
02-08-2012, 01:04 PM
the only way i think van persie has a chance of staying from the fans point of view, is that he has to release a statement like the last one, admiting he was wrong and how sorry he is. otherwise next season will be like adesawhore last season

Van Persie will stand around being offside alot?

McNamara That Ghost...
02-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Van Persie will stand around being offside alot?

He already does that.

Thierrymon
03-08-2012, 05:50 AM
It would be very strange if he went to Juve considering the overhanging match fixing scandal facing Conte, and given that the Italian league is a bit shit.

Would be gut wrenching if he ended up at Man United. Thats a massive "fuck you" to us given that we really arent too far from united.

I do hope he stays with us but the damage has been done in his relationship with the fans.

fakeyank
03-08-2012, 06:41 AM
Why hasnt this piece of shit fucked off yet? Frankly doesnt matter how much we get for him... he can just piss off and earn his Dirhams.

LDG
03-08-2012, 08:07 AM
RVP :haha:

Podolski, Giroud, Carzola, Sahin....

Go on. Get the fuck out of my club, you ****.

GP
03-08-2012, 08:28 AM
He has made himself look a prize wanker.

Globalgunner
03-08-2012, 08:30 AM

The sad thing is: Both his wife and his father thought he should stay. His agent on the other hand........ Lets see two people who love me for who I am and one shark who would just as soon eat me as feed me......what to do, what to do.

selassie
03-08-2012, 08:34 AM
I don't really care about RVP anymore, sure he's a great player but he's not getting any younger. This situation regarding him could go 2 ways, at present Man United seems to be the only team he is keen on joining, they don't value him anywhere near the price we want for him.

If we stand firm and demand the 20mill+ fee then I don't see him going there, however...if we buckle we could well lose him for anything between 10 and 15 million. To be honest I've given up caring, the fact that he wants to go there is disgusting in itself.

Letters
03-08-2012, 08:45 AM
the only way i think van persie has a chance of staying from the fans point of view, is that he has to release a statement like the last one, admiting he was wrong and how sorry he is. otherwise next season will be like adesawhore last seasonOr he could score a goal or two and we'll all be singing his name again like the fickle twats we are.

Flavs
03-08-2012, 08:45 AM

Flavs
03-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Or he could score a goal or two and we'll all be singing his name again like the fickle twats we are.

Oh i dont think so, i think he hasnt so much as burnt this bridge as blown the fucker sky high. I am fully behind sticking him in the reserves and letting him rot for the rest of his contract. He is slightly tainted by those who did this before him but still...what a cock

Letters
03-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Oh i dont think so, i think he hasnt so much as burnt this bridge as blown the fucker sky high. I am fully behind sticking him in the reserves and letting him rot for the rest of his contract. He is slightly tainted by those who did this before him but still...what a cock
Even Nasri, when he played for us last season, after initial boos got a decent reception.
He's buggered up his chances of achieving Arsenal Legend status but if he signs a new contract (he won't, but just saying if) then people will get behind him.

Flavs
03-08-2012, 08:52 AM
I disagree on this one fella, i think he has properly done it.

The weird thing is I dont think anyone begrudged him a move but the way he went about it was appalling. He could of wandered off with his head held relatively high but no, the advisor's, the agents, the managers they all dib in and look where he has ended up

Letters
03-08-2012, 08:54 AM
It's a moo point 'cos I think he's going but yeah, he's made a right mess of it.
Shame, I thought better of him.

Xhaka Can’t
03-08-2012, 08:54 AM
He has made himself look a prize wanker.

A gold medal winner in the Shitlympics Randy.

Xhaka Can’t
03-08-2012, 08:57 AM

I'd be very happy if there was no way we could shift him abroad and the club did just this.

It is preferable to cashing in whole strengthening either of the Manc clubs.

Flavs
03-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Wenger should see this as his chance to show he wont take it, we had this with Vieira, Henry, Reyes, Cole, Nasri, Fabregas and so on. Bout time he just poot his foot down tbh.

Personally I would remove his number, the captaincy, not name him in the squad and remove him from all communications and media materials and if we haven't sold him by August 31st i would make him train with the youth team as well.

Syn
03-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Want the club to be firm and keep him but the reserves thing is just not feasible. Stranger things have happened in football (Parker has a career), we
might nab a cup with a good forward line.

Letters
03-08-2012, 09:08 AM
My initial thought was we should keep him. Certainly remove him as captain but he'd do a job.
Others on here said it would be too disruptive in the dressing room and I think there's something in that.
Reckon we should just get rid asap and buy big to replace.

Joker
03-08-2012, 09:35 AM
We should simply sell him now tbh. He won't be a big loss, as he's unlikely to have a purple patch like last season. Use the money to get another quality forward in and we should be well stocked for next season.

Power n Glory
03-08-2012, 09:39 AM
If we make these two signings then there is no need to worry about RVP. Let him go. We'll have enough fire power to cope and nobody will care. The fans and team will be buzzing if and when the new players arrive. If we keep him and he really wants out, that's just going to spoil our headlines and sour the mood in the camp. I think we could possibly see a you turn from him but if not, no point him keeping him if he wants to go. The problem in the past has been that we've sold key players and have never signed quality players to replace them and still strengthen the team. This season, it looks like we may have finally done what's needed.

Grebbo
03-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Yeah I agree. He needs to sign a new contract or be sold now. I'm not having a year of "where are you off to next Robin?" questions and speculation next season. Fuck that.

Anyone (except Chamakh) will score goals in our team if they're the only striker on the pitch. Yes, RVP was particularly good at it but I'm confident Pod and pretty boy will step up.

I_Killed_Kenny
03-08-2012, 09:59 AM
all this stick him in the reserves stuff is just not going to happen. if we face the reality of the situation then its either sell him (and do it quickly) or he signs a new deal. If he signs, then support the fucker i say, no point him being on the pitch and getting booed when he touches the ball as that wont help the rest of the team. generally will demoralise the whole team and arguably our best player.

The notion of letting him rot is great, but it just wont happen IMO. end of the day i feel even if he stays and gets a boo when he 1st plays all is forgotten when he starts banging them in again. ala rooney. you can make your stand but thats what will happen. football and everything around it is fickle

Letters
03-08-2012, 10:02 AM
We should simply sell him now tbh. He won't be a big loss, as he's unlikely to have a purple patch like last season. Use the money to get another quality forward in and we should be well stocked for next season.
Yeah, his 37 goals and 15 assists in 48 games was a purple patch :lol:

Marc Overmars
03-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Has a wantaway player ever spent the season in the reserves? It doesn't happen because there's no point to it, it doesn't help anyone.

Just flog him ASAP.

Edinburgh Gooner
03-08-2012, 10:11 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2183041/Robin-van-Persie-Arsenal-training-camp.html

Van Persie's decision to go with Arsenal to training camp puts Juve move in doubt

Joker
03-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Yeah, his 37 goals and 15 assists in 48 games was a purple patch :lol:

He'll be 29 when the season starts, and you could see him losing form from March onwards (and it carried into the Euros). I seriously doubt he'll recreate the form of January 2011-February 2012. It makes no sense to simply leave him in the reserves (it's probably a violation of labour standards regulations anyway). Better to sell and get a younger, more reliable guy who can compete with Podolski and Giroud.

Japan Shaking All Over
03-08-2012, 01:36 PM
This is an interesting article (cant copy and paste the whole thing)

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1282774-arsenal-transfer-rumors-gunners-taking-right-steps-to-win-back-robin-van-persie

Basically saying that we shouldnt be too surprised to see RvP do a turn around, have to admit, with their being signs that we aint finished yet, Robin would be a fool to think we arent showing ambition this time around

Marc Overmars
03-08-2012, 01:39 PM
He'll soon know whats best for him, when both Manc clubs refuse to give him the contract he thinks he warrants.

Flavs
03-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Thought AC Meelan might have bid for him tbh

He obviously banked ion either PSG or MAn City making a big money move for him. I bet his cat got kicked the night the Parisian arseholes signed Lavezzi and Ibra

:pal:

Japan Shaking All Over
03-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Yup and I know it is still early doors but I can see him still around OR its going to be a last minute job.
he has acted like a prize tit (sure there are those that say 'no he said nothing wrong) but if he does stay then we might have one of the most frightening attacks assembled, might be an idea to look at how we defend now unless (like GB said) we ontend to win 5:4 but sameways. . .

What does happen when/if RvP comes witj tail between legs we have much more take it or leave power and sad it say. . .it serves hom right. . .end of

Flavs
03-08-2012, 01:54 PM
In my mind he hasn't been an Arsenal player for weeks tbh

Fist of Lehmann
03-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Thought AC Meelan might have bid for him tbh

They do need a forward, but the only Arsenal player they've been linked to so far is Bendtner.

Two fer one guv?

Xhaka Can’t
03-08-2012, 02:19 PM
I disagree on this one fella, i think he has properly done it.

The weird thing is I dont think anyone begrudged him a move but the way he went about it was appalling. He could of wandered off with his head held relatively high but no, the advisor's, the agents, the managers they all dib in and look where he has ended up

This.

It isn't so much that he wanted a move - but the way in which he slapped the face of those who stood behind him when he faced all his injury problems. For me, that is unforgiveable. Yes, Van Persie was outstanding last season. People said we were lucky to have him, but I'm having none of that because he was lucky to have a Manager and a Club that stod by him steadfastly.

He would have been long gone at another top club years ago.

Long gone and a distant memory.

Syn
03-08-2012, 03:40 PM
He's a ****. But we'll be cheering every goal he nets. It might take a while for his name to be sung but we'll get there. Because we're fucking thick. Like all football fans.

I_Killed_Kenny
03-08-2012, 03:44 PM
well said. its all good wanting him to rot or wont cheer him etc but we support arsenal and if he scores, he scores for arsenal. i doubt very much anyone will suddenly stop cheering when they realise its him. end of the day we hav no choice on what type of characters are in our team but if they produce the goods then they produce it for the arsenal and thats all that matters at the end of the day. its arsenal i support, not rvp!

fakeyank
03-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Hope he leaves for Juve and they get relegated due to match fixing. That'll serve the c*nt right.

Xhaka Can’t
03-08-2012, 10:35 PM
If Letters gay lovecrush (Teddy) signed for us and scored, I'd fucking cheer the goal.

The Ogg Monster
04-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Why hasn't this asshole left yet? Cant believe united arent willing to cough up £20m for one of the most in form strikers in the world.

Marc Overmars
04-08-2012, 04:37 PM
It's the contract he's after that's the problem.

Fergie is not a mug.

WMUG
04-08-2012, 05:51 PM
I kinda missed this, been on hols for 3 weeks. I'm aware he's said he disagrees with the board on how the club should move forward, but for me that alone doesn't justify the hate he's been getting in this thread. Have I missed something?

hobson's choice
04-08-2012, 06:05 PM
I'll be happy if stays, could potentially have the best attack in the League, and one of the best in Europe.

GP
04-08-2012, 06:07 PM
I kinda missed this, been on hols for 3 weeks. I'm aware he's said he disagrees with the board on how the club should move forward, but for me that alone doesn't justify the hate he's been getting in this thread. Have I missed something?

The statement he put out had the sole intention of forcing his sale.

So yes, he does deserve the hate.

PGFC
04-08-2012, 10:19 PM
If Letters gay lovecrush (Teddy) signed for us and scored, I'd fucking cheer the goal.

:sulk: That's just plain wrong.

Kyle?
04-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Shouldn't this thread now be re-named welcome back RvP?

Marc Overmars
04-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Sunday rags linking him with a move to United next week.

KSE Comedy Club
04-08-2012, 11:52 PM
What a ****.

He'll be hated and booed to fuck if he goes there.

And rightly so.

KSE Comedy Club
05-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Well, the mirror reckons he is set for a dramatic u turn to stay at the club long term as we are going to bid for van der weil.

Some well known football agent (no name mentioned though) says we have tonight accepted a £20m bid from utd.

So fuck knows tbh.

I guess just because we have accepted a bid it doesn't mean we will definitely sell, just that we will take the £20m if rvp does still want to leave.

Cripps_orig
05-08-2012, 12:31 AM
VDW is a Must Get

Need a right back

Master Splinter
05-08-2012, 02:32 AM
Dramatic u-turns :bow:.

Almost as prevalent as 'come and get me pleas'.

Kyle?
05-08-2012, 02:35 AM
Dramatic u-turns :bow:.

Almost as prevalent as 'come and get me pleas'.

I hate that term. It's not as if the players play wearing shirts saying "Arsene, are you watching, get me outta here"

Master Splinter
05-08-2012, 02:54 AM
It's not as if the players play wearing shirts saying "Arsene, are you watching, get me outta here"

Hleb is.

Kyle?
05-08-2012, 03:11 AM
Hleb is.

Where is Hleb now? Is he still a free agent?

-Xs-
05-08-2012, 10:00 AM

Probably still running towards the corner flag somewhere...

Master Splinter
05-08-2012, 11:52 AM

BATE Barisov apparently.

gooners
05-08-2012, 03:17 PM
why?

Because he stands a better chance of winning something? Plus, he will make more money to boot?

I know i will take that with all the boos bitter fans can muster.

gooners
05-08-2012, 03:17 PM
What a ****.

He'll be hated and booed to fuck if he goes there.

And rightly so.

why?

Because he stands a better chance of winning something? Plus, he will make more money to boot?

gooners
05-08-2012, 03:28 PM
This.

It isn't so much that he wanted a move - but the way in which he slapped the face of those who stood behind him when he faced all his injury problems. For me, that is unforgiveable. Yes, Van Persie was outstanding last season. People said we were lucky to have him, but I'm having none of that because he was lucky to have a Manager and a Club that stod by him steadfastly.

He would have been long gone at another top club years ago.

Long gone and a distant memory.

With all due respect, you have no idea what prompted the public message. I read that carefully, and to me, reading between the lines, it appeared the club did not give a shit about what his ambitions were as the club captain. I believe he took umbrage over that. That would explain why he made it a point in his statement saying he wanted the fans to know the truth.

We all recall PHW publically saying his own club's captain (cesc) wouldn't make Barca's starting line-up, an attempt to peg him down. That's how fucked up this club's management is! How much did cesc feature at Barca last season?

GP
05-08-2012, 03:37 PM
With all due respect, you have no idea what prompted the public message. I read that carefully, and to me, reading between the lines, it appeared the club did not give a shit about what his ambitions were as the club captain. I believe he took umbrage over that. That would explain why he made it a point in his statement saying he wanted the fans to know the truth.

We all recall PHW publically saying his own club's captain (cesc) wouldn't make Barca's starting line-up, an attempt to peg him down. That's how fucked up this club's management is! How much did cesc feature at Barca last season?

Nah

gooners
05-08-2012, 03:39 PM
disgustng how one-word replies are treated around here :wink:

KSE Comedy Club
05-08-2012, 03:44 PM
why?

Hmmm, umm,

Because its man u, and us gooners support arsenal.

I'm sure I've made this point before but I, like many other fans support the club, not individual players.

If he doesn't want to play for us anymore then fine, fuck him.

If he wants to go abroad, fair enough.

But I don't want to see him scoring against us in games and lifting the pl trophy with man u or any other pl club, fuck that.

Already had to watch that **** nasri do it with citeh.

gooners
05-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Hmmm, umm,

Because its man u, and us gooners support arsenal.

Well, booing players have been around forever though --- and I am sure Man U fans will cheering him loudly in return. But as I said, ultimately, rivalry or not, he has a better chance of winning trophies as well as making more money.

Xhaka Can’t
05-08-2012, 04:11 PM

With all due respect, he shat all over the club. No ifs no buts.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

gooners
05-08-2012, 04:24 PM
With all due respect, he shat all over the club. No ifs no buts.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Well, then brace yourself for it to happen again :tiphat:

Edit: I am sure we will still get 20mil for him. If that statement did or will light up a fuse up the management's butt, history will tell. But then again, Henry said similar things in the press and that led nowhere. I wonder why we are still also-rans.

Dicks and chicks
05-08-2012, 05:58 PM
I think we should nou be arguing about a player who doesnt play for us anymore.

fakeyank
05-08-2012, 06:20 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/rport/article-55834/Vieiras-Highbury-feud-turns-ugly.html

Is this shit for real?!?! I dont remember this.. if true, how on earth did Arsenal fans ever forgive him!?

GP
05-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Vieira was always a bit of a dick, but he was konsistently awesome. Nmt some billy bollocks after 18 decent months.

Master Splinter
05-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Not some billy bollocks after 18 decent months.

Hleb and Flamini :haha:.

GP
05-08-2012, 06:48 PM

Pretty much.

Power n Glory
05-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Vieira was always a bit of a dick, but he was consistently awesome. Not some billy bollocks after 18 decent months.

Still showed a total lack of respect to the club, manager and his team mates. He's probably the worst of the bunch when you look at the comments.

Grebbo
05-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Vieira is an absolute **** of a man - he wanted to leave every summer and that's when we were good!! If he was playing for us now he'd have left after one season.

Amazing player though.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-08-2012, 07:36 PM
That was the year he was supposedly close to joining Man Utd.

gooners
05-08-2012, 09:36 PM

To be fair neither Hleb or flamini pulled any such stunts. They just decided to jump ship when they saw the opportunity.

In contrast, all our captains since Adams seem to have had reservations about the club's ambitions and kicked up a fuss.

But then, 'they are all dicks' -- 'there's nothing more to it; just your modern footballers'.

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2012, 09:38 PM
To be fair neither Hleb or flamini pulled any such stunts. They just decided to jump ship when they saw the opportunity.

In contrast, all our captains since Adams seem to have had reservations about the club's ambitions and kicked up a fuss.

But then, 'they are all dicks' -- 'there's nothing more to it; just your modern footballers'.

questioning your clubs ambitition after tehy have jsut signed two top class strikers makes you look like a dick and shows us what you really are.

if he lvoed the club, he would have just asked for a transfer, not refused to go on the tour but he hasnt. plus he lied in his statement

gooners
05-08-2012, 09:48 PM
questioning your clubs ambitition after tehy have jsut signed two top class strikers makes you look like a dick and shows us what you really are.

if he lvoed the club, he would have just asked for a transfer, not refused to go on the tour but he hasnt. plus he lied in his statement

There is not a single statement of fact in that post. Sorry. Again, you don't know what happen behind closed doors. I would be more inclined to ask why this keeps happening! But then, why do that.

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2012, 09:54 PM
There is not a single statement of fact in that post. Sorry. Again, you don't know what happen behind closed doors. I would be more inclined to ask why this keeps happening! But then, why do that.

im pretty sure its fact taht we had signed podolski and giroud before that statement. im also certain he lied because he told us that gazidas was on holiday when he wasnt but it was in fact rvp who was on holiday. that is a lie.

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2012, 09:55 PM

i dont know what happened behind closed doors this summer your right, but i do know what happened behind closed doors before and that is that wenger gave van persie everything, gave him support through the rape case and his injuries and it got thrown in his face

gooners
05-08-2012, 10:01 PM
im pretty sure its fact taht we had signed podolski and giroud before that statement. im also certain he lied because he told us that gazidas was on holiday when he wasnt but it was in fact rvp who was on holiday. that is a lie.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18592650 ----26 June 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18592650 ----- Wednesday 4 July

As for the holiday palava, I don't quite know how you know and what was,again, said behind closed doors.

GP
05-08-2012, 10:02 PM
i dont know what happened behind closed doors this summer your right, but i do know what happened behind closed doors before and that is that wenger gave van persie everything, gave him support through the rape case and his injuries and it got thrown in his face

Don't feed the troll.

Power n Glory
05-08-2012, 10:02 PM

You have no idea what was said during RVP's first contract talks and you don't know if we're now signing players in reaction to RVP's statement and the letter written by Usmanov. Giroud was signed after the statement, but RVP had already told Wenger and Gazidis that he wouldn't sign a new deal before Giroud was signed.

gooners
05-08-2012, 10:09 PM

That was the manager's perogative. By that logic, RVP should actually play for free let alone worry about playing in a winning side. If Wenger could have sold him and wanted to sell him he would have. He sold Vieira, Henry, Adebayor etc just like that.

gooners
05-08-2012, 10:14 PM
You have no idea what was said during RVP's first contract talks and you don't know if we're now signing players in reaction to RVP's statement and the letter written by Usmanov. Giroud was signed after the statement, but RVP had already told Wenger and Gazidis that he wouldn't sign a new deal before Giroud was signed.

phew, someone else can think outside sensationalistic lines.

gooners
05-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Don't feed the troll.

you are actually a first-class wanker.

you contribute nothing except antagonize other posters (those with contrary views). But I'm sure I'm not the first one to have noticed.

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2012, 10:18 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18592650 ----26 June 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18592650 ----- Wednesday 4 July

As for the holiday palava, I don't quite know how you know and what was,again, said behind closed doors.

well you just linked me a site saying we had signed giroud before the statement :blink:

and the holiday thing, i do know, because van persie said he was on holiday, then the next day gazadis was at the emirates doing a photo thing for the club. thats hardly a holiday is it?

gooners
05-08-2012, 10:19 PM
well you just linked me a site saying we had signed giroud before the statement :blink:

and the holiday thing, i do know, because van persie said he was on holiday, then the next day gazadis was at the emirates doing a photo thing for the club. thats hardly a holiday is it?

look again, please.

Ollie the Optimist
05-08-2012, 10:22 PM
look again, please.

i did. both of them are dated 26 june, saying we signed giroud. van persies statement came out in july.