PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal are the richest club...

Injury Time
07-10-2011, 06:52 AM
Admittedly on a technicality......http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23994731-arsenal-now-lead-the-way-in-capital-rich-list.do

Arsenal now lead the way in capital rich list
Andy Hodgson
5 Oct 2011

The personal fortune of Alisher Usmanov has increased by more than £4billion in the last year but the Uzbek tycoon is no closer to gaining control of Arsenal.

FourFourTwo's 2011-12 Rich List shows Usmanov's wealth now stands at £12.4bn, a £4.4bn rise over the past 12 months. He has a 29.28 per cent stake in Arsenal but lost his battle for majority control to US billionaire Stan Kroenke, who has a 66.82 per cent stake in the club.

Usmanov is the second-richest Premier League owner behind Manchester City's Sheikh Mansour. Kroenke is eighth on the list with a fortune of £1.8bn. The pair's combined fortune make Arsenal the richest club in London, overtaking Queens Park Rangers. That is because Lakshmi Mittal, who owns a 33 per cent stake in the Loftus Road club, has seen £5bn wiped off his fortune, leaving him third in the list.

Fats
07-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Can you imagine why Arsenal would not want his money?

KSE Comedy Club
12-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Yeh, I dont care about morals in football anymore - no other club seems to worry about having any.

We need to fuck the current board off anlong with Kronke and bring in Usmanov. He may want money from the club long term, but at least he would be willing to pump money into it first to start getting results.

Mr. Lahey
12-10-2011, 09:02 PM
The game has always been based on spending money. Until there are limits on transfer spending or a salary cap I could care less who spends what and for how much. Its really irrelevant in the end until someone in charge wakes the fuck up and regulates all of this. Until then, bring in the fat bastard so we can see this "world class team playing in a world class stadium". Its the only way we will see any kind of change in my opinion.

gunsofashburtongrove
13-10-2011, 06:02 AM
Usmanov(12.4bn)+Kronke(1.8bn)<Sheikh Mansour(20bn)

fakeyank
13-10-2011, 07:22 AM
The game has always been based on spending money. Until there are limits on transfer spending or a salary cap I could care less who spends what and for how much. Its really irrelevant in the end until someone in charge wakes the fuck up and regulates all of this. Until then, bring in the fat bastard so we can see this "world class team playing in a world class stadium". Its the only way we will see any kind of change in my opinion.

It really doesnt take a team to spend like Chelsea and City to win titles. Man Utd are winning it by spending money BUT not exorbitant amounts.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/08/12/arsenals-net-spending-of-48m-in-a-decade-puts-them-9th-in-premier-league-120802/

Utd are fifth on that list but they are still one of the top 3 teams in the world. Why? Because they have a great manager.. a manager who changes with time and knows how to extract the best out of players and how to transition from experienced players to youngsters. Utd have owners and a board that cant wait to leech the fuck out of the club but when you have a strong manager who is a winner, it doesnt matter.

Then you have a quick glance at the man in charge at our club. A man living in the past with no idea how to control the younger players, no experienced players to guide them and a defense that is looser than a 50 year old hookers pussy!

:(

LDG
13-10-2011, 08:49 AM
It really doesnt take a team to spend like Chelsea and City to win titles. Man Utd are winning it by spending money BUT not exorbitant amounts.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/08/12/arsenals-net-spending-of-48m-in-a-decade-puts-them-9th-in-premier-league-120802/

Utd are fifth on that list but they are still one of the top 3 teams in the world. Why? Because they have a great manager.. a manager who changes with time and knows how to extract the best out of players and how to transition from experienced players to youngsters. Utd have owners and a board that cant wait to leech the fuck out of the club but when you have a strong manager who is a winner, it doesnt matter.

Then you have a quick glance at the man in charge at our club. A man living in the past with no idea how to control the younger players, no experienced players to guide them and a defense that is looser than a 50 year hookers pussy!

:(

And you should know!

fakeyank
13-10-2011, 08:50 AM
And you should know!

Unfortunately I do..

LDG
13-10-2011, 08:52 AM
:haha:

:sick: